Ideal Protein Diet - Home of the 100% Vol. 5

Pages : [1] 2 3

View Full Version : Home of the 100% Vol. 5

wuv2bloved
05-08-2012, 09:14 PM
Hey everyone, I am thrilled that I am having to open up another Vol. for this. We are on our FIFTH VOL for this thread. It has been a month since I opened the FOURTH VOL. It is good to know that we have so many dedicated to themselves and the program. Everyone of us have COMMITTED to ourselves to STICK to the PROGRAM 100%......Congrats to each and everyone of YOU!!!!

GonnaB50NFabulous
05-08-2012, 09:20 PM
Tripmama--I haven't been on the boards much lately. But, I saw your new picture and just want to tell you that you look beautiful! The smile on your face speaks volumes.

New Volume!! Whoo Hoo! What a great support group!

Meadow Wheeler
05-08-2012, 09:59 PM
I feel so good being 100% on program. I am having a hard time imagining doing anything other than what I am doing today. Anyone else feel like they want to stay Phase 1 forever? :)

LSJ100
05-08-2012, 10:02 PM
Hi evepet...I wasn't told specifically by my clinic that I would go down to 3 packets/day, but they did say that 4 is okay for anyone over 200 lbs...I still have a ways to go before I find out what they recommend for me but I would imagine that you would probably be on 3 now being under 200 (can anyone with more experience weigh in on this?) I plan to eventually start exercising and only use a fourth packet then.

Yeah 100%!!!!!!!!!!!

doublebaby
05-08-2012, 10:33 PM
Hi evepet...I wasn't told specifically by my clinic that I would go down to 3 packets/day, but they did say that 4 is okay for anyone over 200 lbs...I still have a ways to go before I find out what they recommend for me but I would imagine that you would probably be on 3 now being under 200 (can anyone with more experience weigh in on this?) I plan to eventually start exercising and only use a fourth packet then.

Yeah 100%!!!!!!!!!!!

My coach started me at 3 packets/day at my starting weight (268). If I was really hungry the first week or two I could have another but I never needed it, especially with the unlimited lettuce.
The eating habits section of the Health Profile that a person fills out in the very beginning may have something to do with how they figure out whether or not they feel you need a 4th packet or not as well. Just my opinion. I was never a snacker. Portion control was a problem.

SewingMomma
05-08-2012, 11:09 PM
My coach started me at 3 packets/day at my starting weight (268). If I was really hungry the first week or two I could have another but I never needed it, especially with the unlimited lettuce.
The eating habits section of the Health Profile that a person fills out in the very beginning may have something to do with how they figure out whether or not they feel you need a 4th packet or not as well. Just my opinion. I was never a snacker. Portion control was a problem.

Three packets a day for me too. Like you my coach told me to have four if I needed to during the 1st two weeks. I didn't need to. I started @ 260.

KitKat169
05-08-2012, 11:17 PM
Thrilled to be confirming for volume 5 that I'm 100% OP. I'm even looking forward to my WI tomorrow after despite the gain last week while OP. work stress levels have come down only a bit and I think I have a virus going around the office but I feel lighter. If not, I'll have to roll with it and keep OP because eventually it will come off.

My only wish is that I had time to read these threads because starting them at 10pm doesn't leave me enough time to leisurely read everything before I drop off to sleep.

DanafromAustin
05-09-2012, 12:04 AM
I started IP at 265 and 3 packets a day. My coach also told me I could have 1 extra if I needed it the first couple of weeks. I never did, but I sure came close a few times during those early days. Now the only time I have an extra packet is on my workout days.

Tripmama
05-09-2012, 08:52 AM
Tripmama--I haven't been on the boards much lately. But, I saw your new picture and just want to tell you that you look beautiful! The smile on your face speaks volumes.

New Volume!! Whoo Hoo! What a great support group!

Hey fabulous thanks! I have been pretty busy lately, it is my triplets last month of high school...so it has been senior projects and graduation invitations etc. also work has been a little crazy too, I am training a new girl. All this and still LOSING weight. Really do love IP. The before IP me would have been GAINING weight, you know packing on the pounds and justifying it! But nope I am shedding the pounds instead. Amazing!:goodscale:goodscale

prettyone
05-09-2012, 09:10 AM
Good Morning All just wanted to check in and say Im really feeling good about staying OP and losing weight. It feels good to try on smaller clothes. The rewards are wonderful. Enjoy your day!

wuv2bloved
05-09-2012, 09:21 AM
I started out at 388lbs and have ONLY had 3 packets from the start. I was also told I could have up to 4 packets a day but I made myself only use the 3 so that I could get used of it. I wasn't much of an eater before starting the program. I eat more now than I did before I started this, so 3 packets were plenty for me.

Good luck to all that weigh in today.....I am off to mine now!!

Tripmama
05-09-2012, 10:08 AM
I started out at 388lbs and have ONLY had 3 packets from the start. I was also told I could have up to 4 packets a day but I made myself only use the 3 so that I could get used of it. I wasn't much of an eater before starting the program. I eat more now than I did before I started this, so 3 packets were plenty for me.

Wishing you a BIG loss:crossed::crossed::crossed:

Busymomx4
05-09-2012, 10:13 AM
Good morning,

After one day of boot camp...no changes at all, still up 2lbs, what gives? Its really upsetting me as i feel this week is such a waste but it is what it is and it WILL go back down (it has to right!!).

Good luck on all the WI today and congrats to all the WI and NSV!

Ishbel
05-09-2012, 10:30 AM
BUSYMOM! BIG HUGS THROUGH THE COMPUTER!!!

...just keep swimming, just keep swimming!!!

locks
05-09-2012, 10:40 AM
Good morning everyone, I am back after a year away, tried alternitives but was not as good for me. Tomorrow night I start back with my weigh in, and I must say I can't wait. I loved how I felt losing the weight, and with their vitamins I never felt tired or weak.

Now I need another year to catch up and read all the latest gossips lol.

Any new and great changes since the last year?

Darralyn
05-09-2012, 12:07 PM
:hug:Love this thread! You all inspire me; I have been on IP since 4/11/12 and have remained 100% OP. Reading here has helped me achieve this; I am too scared to cheat (afraid of not getting back on program) and I am just tired of feeling crappy about myself!
Thanks for all the encouragement here. You people change lives!!:hug:

DanafromAustin
05-09-2012, 12:24 PM
Good morning,

After one day of boot camp...no changes at all, still up 2lbs, what gives? Its really upsetting me as i feel this week is such a waste but it is what it is and it WILL go back down (it has to right!!).

Good luck on all the WI today and congrats to all the WI and NSV!
Hang in there, it will come off. :hug: It's probably just that you are so close to goal.

Good morning everyone, I am back after a year away, tried alternitives but was not as good for me. Tomorrow night I start back with my weigh in, and I must say I can't wait. I loved how I felt losing the weight, and with their vitamins I never felt tired or weak.

Now I need another year to catch up and read all the latest gossips lol.

Any new and great changes since the last year?
Welcome back. Some great new foods to try, enjoy!

I'm back from WI and down 2 pounds and 2 inches, and that puts me in the 170's, but boy was this a hard week. First there was phase 3 with no loss, then boot camp with a 2 pound loss, and then no restrictieds with no loss. Not doing that again, way too stressful. I just really think my issue is that my body thinks this is now my new norm for calories and so I have to fight for every pound I loose. I'm actually really looking forward to my week's vacation when I phase off to give my body a rest. Maybe that will jump start it again when I go back to phase 1 once I'm back.

Hope everyone is having a good day. I'm off for some major laundry and house cleaning as I'm having a lot of out of town family coming in this weekend. The good thing is they haven't seen me since I've lost another 20 pounds.

ptod
05-09-2012, 01:43 PM

Busymom - :hug: This week wasn't a waste - it was your body's way of taking a big deep breath before your final tumbling pass off the P1 balance beam - executing a perfect dismount before you stick the landing at your goal. :D

I'm back from WI and down 2 pounds and 2 inches, and that puts me in the 170's, but boy was this a hard week.

Dana - Good for you! Yea for the 170's!!!! I am sure your guests will be amazed by the changes in you. Don't work up too much of a sweat cleaning or you will need another packet! ;)

Whether it was my experiment with restricteds or just time for a drop, I was down 3.6 pounds for the week. I missed my routine and pudding shakes so I am back on regular old P1. I am still trying to decide if I will try limiting restricteds for a few weeks - maybe have a couple during the week and any day we are on the road (we will be in New Hampshire this weekend). I'm sure when I wake up tomorrow I will have a different plan. :dizzy:

Let's keep plugging along!

JellyMae87
05-09-2012, 01:54 PM
WEll Hello all... I havent been ablt to check in with you all because i havent really been at a computer station to write... and most of the time I check all the reading on my phone...

My weight seems to still going down slowly... I tend to weigh myself every day at work. since I work in Dr. Office!!

DanafromAustin
05-09-2012, 02:19 PM
Whether it was my experiment with restricteds or just time for a drop, I was down 3.6 pounds for the week. I missed my routine and pudding shakes so I am back on regular old P1. I am still trying to decide if I will try limiting restricteds for a few weeks - maybe have a couple during the week and any day we are on the road (we will be in New Hampshire this weekend). I'm sure when I wake up tomorrow I will have a different plan. :dizzy:

Whatever makes the scale go down is a good thing. WTG on your loss this week. :carrot:
WEll Hello all... I havent been ablt to check in with you all because i havent really been at a computer station to write... and most of the time I check all the reading on my phone...

My weight seems to still going down slowly... I tend to weigh myself every day at work. since I work in Dr. Office!!
You are getting there. Hang in there!

ptod
05-09-2012, 02:20 PM
Could someone please clear up my confusion about the alternative plan for diabetics - is it for those with Type 1 or Type 2 or both? TIA

takers
05-09-2012, 02:23 PM
Happy to say that I am back on program! For the past 6 weeks life has been crazy. We've been out of town almost 3 of these weeks and I've been sick 2 of them. For the foreseeable future I'm in town and healthy! :D I am also happy to report that I'm only up 1.4 pounds from my lowest weigh in. Considering there were days when I went back to my junk food habit, I'm happy that I'm not too far away from where I was.

I'm itching to get pregnant again, but my husband and I have agreed that I really need to get to my pre-pregnancy weight from our daughter before we start trying again. I really, really want to start in July so this gives me two or so months to lose 20 pounds. I KNOW I can do it!

hockeymom22
05-09-2012, 02:25 PM
Good Morning Ladies,
This is week 1 of 100% back on plan. I was 100% for 8 weeks, felt great didn't phase off. Started again last Tuesday and determined to do the full 4 phases. I am glad I started back with only a 5 pound increase so I didn't need to lose all my weight again. This is the first time that my DH has been fully 100% supportive and is even calling me at work to ask what I can have on my chicken, and not being offended when I do not eat what he cooks . Looking forward to reaching goal.

Busymomx4
05-09-2012, 03:33 PM
[QUOTE=ptod;4327269]Busymom - :hug: This week wasn't a waste - it was your body's way of taking a big deep breath before your final tumbling pass off the P1 balance beam - executing a perfect dismount before you stick the landing at your goal. :D

Whether it was my experiment with restricteds or just time for a drop, I was down 3.6 pounds for the week. I missed my routine and pudding shakes so I am back on regular old P1. I am still trying to decide if I will try limiting restricteds for a few weeks - maybe have a couple during the week and any day we are on the road (we will be in New Hampshire this weekend). I'm sure when I wake up tomorrow I will have a different plan. :dizzy:QUOTE]

Aww thanks but now i feel ever worse, lol. Seems like everyone's having a good experience with restricted but me and now i can't even lose anything on bootcamp! I know i need to relax and just trust that it WILL go back down...even if its not this week.

ptod
05-09-2012, 04:08 PM
Aww thanks but now i feel ever worse, lol. Seems like everyone's having a good experience with restricted but me and now i can't even lose anything on bootcamp! I know i need to relax and just trust that it WILL go back down...even if its not this week.

Awww...I didn't mean to make you feel worse! :( I thought reframing what was happening might help you get through the week.

I understand being frustrated as I was up 2 out of my last 4 official WIs. Have you tried P1 but increasing your regular protein? I honestly think my eating 3-4 oz of real protein at lunch plus a 8ish oz protein at dinner for 5 of the last 7 days had more of an effect than eating all those restricteds. Even after all the restricted, I never could do bootcamp - I was just too hungry so I went right back to P1 but no restricted (I ate them all :D).

:hug: another one for you!

Busymomx4
05-09-2012, 04:15 PM
Awww...I didn't mean to make you feel worse! :( I thought reframing what was happening might help you get through the week.

I understand being frustrated as I was up 2 out of my last 4 official WIs. Have you tried P1 but increasing your regular protein? I honestly think my eating 3-4 oz of real protein at lunch plus a 8ish oz protein at dinner for 5 of the last 7 days had more of an effect than eating all those restricteds. Even after all the restricted, I never could do bootcamp - I was just too hungry so I went right back to P1 but no restricted (I ate them all :D).

:hug: another one for you!

LOL its ok, i know you meant well, just feeling sorry for myself :)

Btw, CONGRATS on your 100lbs :hug: :bravo:

JellyMae87
05-09-2012, 04:20 PM
[QUOTE=ptod;4327269]Busymom - :hug: This week wasn't a waste - it was your body's way of taking a big deep breath before your final tumbling pass off the P1 balance beam - executing a perfect dismount before you stick the landing at your goal. :D

Whether it was my experiment with restricteds or just time for a drop, I was down 3.6 pounds for the week. I missed my routine and pudding shakes so I am back on regular old P1. I am still trying to decide if I will try limiting restricteds for a few weeks - maybe have a couple during the week and any day we are on the road (we will be in New Hampshire this weekend). I'm sure when I wake up tomorrow I will have a different plan. :dizzy:QUOTE]

When I did my restricted experiment i used atkins products, I figured if I was going to schock my system I was really gonna do a number on it... They are wayy higher in calories and higher in fiber which definetely made me feel bloated... and gassy... but DAMN they tasted soooooo nummy!

ptod
05-09-2012, 05:53 PM
Btw, CONGRATS on your 100lbs :hug: :bravo:

Thanks - I've been waiting weeks for that :censored: number!

When I did my restricted experiment i used atkins products, I figured if I was going to schock my system I was really gonna do a number on it... They are wayy higher in calories and higher in fiber which definetely made me feel bloated... and gassy... but DAMN they tasted soooooo nummy!

Oh man - quite a while back DH had to switch up his diet and his doc suggested Atkins bars - there ended up being a few that DH didn't care for. We had to freeze some for safety purposes because they tasted like candy bars and made it hard to stop at one! Your chi must be very strong! ;)

evepet
05-09-2012, 07:12 PM

Yeah 100%!!!!!!!!!!!

Three packets a day for me too. Like you my coach told me to have four if I needed to during the 1st two weeks. I didn't need to. I started @ 260.

I started IP at 265 and 3 packets a day. My coach also told me I could have 1 extra if I needed it the first couple of weeks. I never did, but I sure came close a few times during those early days. Now the only time I have an extra packet is on my workout days.

Thanks to each of you who responded about my 4/packs vs. 3/packs question. As I think about it, I do recall having a discussion with my coach during my initial interview about my past daily eating habits - when I ate, typically what I ate through the day and how it was spread out, etc.. I have for quite some time had a snack around 3-3:30pm, generally 1 or 2 'healthy' granola bars with a cup or two of tea... I might as well be honest and admit that I rarely could stop with just 1. I recall now the coach discussing my eating patterns with me during my intake session. That may well be why she put me on this 4 pack/day program which includes a snack at 3pm packet. I recall too that I specifically didn't get any bars during my first week on 'official' IP products, as I was worried I wouldn't be able to stop at just one/day. I have decided to stay with 4/day this week, and see what happens at my next WI next Wedn. I will definitely monitor my fat intake more closely, and ditch the Atkins RTD... too much fat in that to be a good alternate substitute for IP. While my weight loss is slow, I am comfortable and satisfied, and I kinda hate to change things up to something that might make me tired and feeling like I'm craving something or deprived. We'll see. This is not going to happen overnight, so I have time to experiment.

But thanks again all of you - I really appreciate your help.

DanafromAustin
05-09-2012, 10:00 PM

It looks like you are being very quiet about your big news here... You have lost over a 100 pounds now! That is fantastic. :congrat::cheer2::cheer::woo::celebrate::dancer:

LSJ100
05-09-2012, 10:07 PM
WAY TO GO PTOD!!!!! 100 lbs!! That is amazing! Bask in all your success!

I too appreciated the feed back about 3/4 packets per day...I was also always someone who ate throughout the day...I've thought about giving up the 4th but I am always hungry at 2 and I wait until at least 3 to have it...for now the scale is moving well so I'm hesitant to change but I do want to work towards my body getting used to 3...evepet, if you make the change can you keep me posted?

Thanks!

Cadu
05-09-2012, 10:49 PM
It looks like you are being very quiet about your big news here... You have lost over a 100 pounds now! That is fantastic. :congrat::cheer2::cheer::woo::celebrate::dancer:

Ptod.. 100 pounds!!!! OMG that is so awesome.. congrats :carrot:

Ishbel
05-10-2012, 12:16 AM
Thanks - I've been waiting weeks for that :censored: number!

WOOT WOOT!!!! Way to go ptod! Almost missed it, you're being way too quiet about it! :)

wuv2bloved
05-10-2012, 12:19 AM
Welcome to the 100lb club PTOD!!...congrats on a job well done!!

locks
05-10-2012, 06:20 AM
WOW ptod, that is amazing, I hope you go shopping and get some killer new clothes to celebrate and prance around with your head held high, you deserve it!

NewPath
05-10-2012, 06:26 AM
Good morning 100% IPeeps. Congrats out there to all for being 100% and losing all of those lbs! I am beginning to pick up alot from all your experience and success stories. Way to go all!!!!!
With that said, i have a question. I have asked it a few times, but I am having a hard time getting it answered. Here it goes. I am OP and losing weight ....breezily :dizzy: I continue to have one problem. I get this severe hunger, facial flushing,weakness, light-headedness, brain-fog, and anxiety. ..It is not all of the time. I rise at 5, have breakfast at 7, eat lunch at 11:15 and was having my snack at 3, dinner at 7. I start getting "the feeling" which starts at around 9:30...I have been able to nail that one with a few slices of red pepper...if the feeling continues, i just nosh on more red peppers....morning not really as extreme. THEN...two hours after lunch.....BANG, it hits really hard....starting with hunger, then facial flushing...then the other BAD stuff. My coach told me to add a packet, before that afternnoon "thing"....I tried it, and it did not really work in that ....two hours later, 3:00, "it" would start again!!!! I have also tried having hard boiled eggs on hand...those seemed to be more effective but, my coach said no have the packet. With this all said and done, by 4:00...I am usually much better....but a more exhausted than usual for me. I FEEL much better, not as weak, and I continue on my day. From that time on, I am not hungry and do not have anymore symptoms. I am never hungry in the evenings, and have to make myself eat enough! I am on plan and drink all of my water...plus some...eat my oil and vitamins. C is certainly N O T a problem and pee every 15 minutes!!!
I take water pills for my high blood pressure....and have reduced the amount...my BP remains elevated..slightly. I have had my BP checked during the afternoon and it is 150/70...not low. So, please, I would LOVE your ideas and feedback. I will not go off this program!
Yesterday I came home feeling like I cheated because I ate a red pepper througout the day..and a bit of shredded lettuce with vinegar! I was told by my original coach that I had to go hours without food, to let my pancreas snooze...I simply cannot do that.
As far as my actiivity, I do teach first-grade. It is a very high energy job....well, at least my style is high energy:dizzy:
Thanks again, looking for some advice from all you EXPERTS!!!!!
Love to all, have a fabulous day!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!:carrot:

NewPath
05-10-2012, 06:29 AM
Good morning 100% IPeeps. Congrats out there to all for being 100% and losing all of those lbs! I am beginning to pick up alot from all your experience and success stories. Way to go all!!!!!
With that said, i have a question. I have asked it a few times, but I am having a hard time getting it answered. Here it goes. I am OP and losing weight ....breezily :dizzy: I continue to have one problem. I get this severe hunger, facial flushing,weakness, light-headedness, brain-fog, and anxiety. ..It is not all of the time. I rise at 5, have breakfast at 7, eat lunch at 11:15 and was having my snack at 3, dinner at 7. I start getting "the feeling" which starts at around 9:30...I have been able to nail that one with a few slices of red pepper...if the feeling continues, i just nosh on more red peppers....morning not really as extreme. THEN...two hours after lunch.....BANG, it hits really hard....starting with hunger, then facial flushing...then the other BAD stuff. My coach told me to add a packet, before that afternnoon "thing"....I tried it, and it did not really work in that ....two hours later, 3:00, "it" would start again!!!! I have also tried having hard
boiled eggs on hand...those seemed to be more effective but, my coach said no have the packet. With this all said and done, by 4:00...I am usually much better....but a more exhausted than usual for me. I FEEL much better, not as weak, and I continue on my day. From that time on, I am not hungry and do not have anymore symptoms. I am never hungry in the evenings, and have to make myself eat enough! I am on plan and drink all of my water...plus some...eat my oil and vitamins. C is certainly N O T a problem and pee every 15 minutes!!!
I take water pills for my high blood pressure....and have reduced the amount...my BP remains elevated..slightly. I have had my BP checked during the afternoon and it is 150/70...not low. So, please, I would LOVE your ideas and feedback. I will not go off this program!
Yesterday I came home feeling like I cheated because I ate a red pepper througout the day..and a bit of shredded lettuce with vinegar! I was told by my original coach that I had to go hours without food, to let my pancreas snooze...I simply cannot do that.
As far as my actiivity, I do teach first-grade. It is a very high energy job....well, at least my style is high energy:dizzy:
Thanks again, looking for some advice from all you EXPERTS!!!!!
Love to all, have a fabulous day!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!:carrot:

I forgot to add, I am very much in ketosis and have been since day 3. Usually, very purple, but not the darkest purple.

Darralyn
05-10-2012, 09:30 AM

Wuv; you are so missed on the other threads....your words of encouragement and wisdom is really needed! Are you just super busy??
I really want to hear more about the reunion and how you turned heads~~~
:hug:

JoesHotWife
05-10-2012, 11:37 AM
I forgot to add, I am very much in ketosis and have been since day 3. Usually, very purple, but not the darkest purple.

What are you eating at lunch?

NewPath
05-10-2012, 12:09 PM
What are you eating at lunch?

I have a salad, two cups of cucumbers, RCV, and my drink. I add salt to my salad......and of course, water.

GonnaB50NFabulous
05-10-2012, 12:14 PM
Hi fellow 100% IPers! Today was a great weigh in. I lost 4 pounds and passed the 50% mark to my goal!!
I added a signature picture that I will leave up for a few days that shows me at my current weight and at starting weight. The pictures were taken on 5/5/12 and 12/28/11.

Darralyn
05-10-2012, 01:08 PM
Hi fellow 100% IPers! Today was a great weigh in. I lost 4 pounds and passed the 50% mark to my goal!!
I added a signature picture that I will leave up for a few days that shows me at my current weight and at starting weight. The pictures were taken on 5/5/12 and 12/28/11.

WOW....you are looking great!!:carrot:

Stefany1769
05-10-2012, 03:29 PM
Congrats on all the NSV and SV! Way to go IPeeps:hug::carrot:

Question:
My coach has stressed not eating the restricted packets after lunch. Has anyone else's coach said this? When I had a bar on the way home from work last week because I was really hungry and I wanted to make a sensible dinner( hard for me to do creative cooking when I'm hungry) she made it sound bad. I thought we were allowed to sub our evening snack early. And a late dinner. Maybe I was just being sensitive. How are we supposed to try the chili, spaghetti, etc except for on the weekends?

SewingMomma
05-10-2012, 03:44 PM

Question:
My coach has stressed not eating the restricted packets after lunch. Has anyone else's coach said this? When I had a bar on the way home from work last week because I was really hungry and I wanted to make a sensible dinner( hard for me to do creative cooking when I'm hungry) she made it sound bad. I thought we were allowed to sub our evening snack early. And a late dinner. Maybe I was just being sensitive. How are we supposed to try the chili, spaghetti, etc except for on the weekends?

I've never heard that. I always have my snack in the late afternoon. That's when my body needs one. I've lost weight consistently for the past 5 months. I usually have my restricted for breakfast, but that's a personal choice.

ptod
05-10-2012, 04:10 PM

WAY TO GO PTOD!!!!! 100 lbs!! That is amazing! Bask in all your success!

Ptod.. 100 pounds!!!! OMG that is so awesome.. congrats :carrot:

WOOT WOOT!!!! Way to go ptod! Almost missed it, you're being way too quiet about it! :)

WOW ptod, that is amazing, I hope you go shopping and get some killer new clothes to celebrate and prance around with your head held high, you deserve it!

I have been wondering all day why I didn't make a big deal about reaching the 100# mark. I don't feel or look any different from last week. I knew it was a number that I had to pass to get to my final destination, but didn't put any more stock into it. My logical side kicks in quite frequently. I do have the number on a white board attached the the fridge - I know what it means and it makes me smile - DH thinks it is something to do with our budget. Silly man!

Thanks to all of you. You were all right to remind me to celebrate the accomplishment. You know why? Because I ROCK!!! tee hee :D

I promise to get better at tooting my own horn. And as I close in on a number that looks like 1** - I promise to become much more animated, but hopefully not to the point of hyperventilating! :hyper:

Thank you again. You all rock too! Keep up the good (and hard) work!

Stefany1769
05-10-2012, 04:12 PM
I've never heard that. I always have my snack in the late afternoon. That's when my body needs one. I've lost weight consistently for the past 5 months. I usually have my restricted for breakfast, but that's a personal choice.

They told me its so my body can burn off the extra carbs before bedtime...

SewingMomma
05-10-2012, 04:18 PM
They told me its so my body can burn off the extra carbs before bedtime...
The way I see it, and this is my opinion, it's better to eat a restricted in the afternoon to stave off hunger rather than to cheat because you're starving.

Beachbum6
05-10-2012, 04:34 PM
Hey everyone! I've been doing IP for 6 weeks now and have lost 30 lbs! I found this site a couple weeks ago and so wish I had known about it when I started!Everyone here is so supportive and motivating! I thought it would be much more difficult to stick to it, but have made the right decisions so farnand stayed 100% OP:) I even went wine 'smelling' with friends, they all tasted, I smelled and drove...it wasn't too bad. Thanks for being so inspiring everyone!!

MaMaZu
05-10-2012, 04:50 PM
I have been wondering all day why I didn't make a big deal about reaching the 100# mark. I don't feel or look any different from last week. I knew it was a number that I had to pass to get to my final destination, but didn't put any more stock into it. My logical side kicks in quite frequently. I do have the number on a white board attached the the fridge - I know what it means and it makes me smile - DH thinks it is something to do with our budget. Silly man!

Thanks to all of you. You were all right to remind me to celebrate the accomplishment. You know why? Because I ROCK!!! tee hee :D

I promise to get better at tooting my own horn. And as I close in on a number that looks like 1** - I promise to become much more animated, but hopefully not to the point of hyperventilating! :hyper:

Thank you again. You all rock too! Keep up the good (and hard) work!

Girl, you better get tooting that horn because you have put some hard work in there and accomplished a lot!!!

Stefany1769
05-10-2012, 05:03 PM
The way I see it, and this is my opinion, it's better to eat a restricted in the afternoon to stave off hunger rather than to cheat because you're starving.

Thanks! That was my thinking as well, but every time I've done I have gotten the, you shouldn't do that talk. It's frustrating.

patns
05-10-2012, 06:45 PM

Question:

My coach said to have the restricted at whatever time of day is toughest for you; when you would normally be tempted to go off track. For me this is late afternoon so I have a bar with coffee on my long commute home. Then I don't want to eat everything in the house as i am getting the evening meal ready.

patns
05-10-2012, 06:51 PM

What was it you tried with the restricteds? things really slow down after you have lost a good deal of weight. I hope you find the key to getting past this hurdle.

Pat

wuv2bloved
05-10-2012, 07:30 PM
I always have my restricted for breakfast. I was told to eat it for breakfast or lunch because of the calories then you have all day to burn it off

Cadu
05-10-2012, 07:42 PM
Just wanted to share some uplifting news. My son had his first WI today and he was down 11 pounds. He is thrilled. Also, he got a call for a job offer. He graduated CNA (certified nursing Assistant) school in January and has been looking for a job since then.What a wonderful day after he had such a lousy week with his GF breaking up with him. His confidence is very high right now and he has committed to another week of IP. whoo hoooo ( with him, it is 1 week at a time).

JellyMae87
05-10-2012, 08:01 PM
Holy freaking cow CADU.... Look at the difference in your face!! Happy for your son! I tried the whole CNA thing... Couldn't do. I learned I can't touch people... LOL.

Went to a funeral today for the great grandpa. He lived a long life of 96 years... Saw bunch a family.. some folks didn't know what to say...

salmongirl
05-10-2012, 08:02 PM
I have a minute to say hi. I will catch up on posts later. I hope everyone is having a great day!

salmongirl
05-10-2012, 08:02 PM
ps- I finally, with the help of Tripmama, figured out how to post a picture!

wuv2bloved
05-10-2012, 08:06 PM
And i must say salmon, nice picture you look so happy!!....Cadu, your progress pics are great! What a difference in 4 months. I'm glad you son had a good WI, mine younget wants to start next week but we shall see how it goes.....lol

Ishbel
05-10-2012, 08:20 PM
Cadu...looking great woman! Salmongirl....so pretty!

Reference restricted....always eat mine in the evening before 830 pm, my coach was like patns and told me whenever I wanted...I liked that I could sit and have a tea with a bar while watching tv.

I don't think it matters THAT much...play around with when you have them see if you see it in the scale, some maybe more sensitive then me.

Just my opinion :)

DanafromAustin
05-10-2012, 08:31 PM
What was it you tried with the restricteds? things really slow down after you have lost a good deal of weight. I hope you find the key to getting past this hurdle.
Pat
Slow down is an understatement.

Just wanted to share some uplifting news. My son had his first WI today and he was down 11 pounds. He is thrilled. Also, he got a call for a job offer. He graduated CNA (certified nursing Assistant) school in January and has been looking for a job since then.What a wonderful day after he had such a lousy week with his GF breaking up with him. His confidence is very high right now and he has committed to another week of IP. whoo hoooo ( with him, it is 1 week at a time).
Congrats to your son on both his weight loss and the job offer. Very exciting to get such good news all on the same day.

Holy freaking cow CADU.... Look at the difference in your face!! Happy for your son! I tried the whole CNA thing... Couldn't do. I learned I can't touch people... LOL.

Went to a funeral today for the great grandpa. He lived a long life of 96 years... Saw bunch a family.. some folks didn't know what to say...
Sorry to hear about your great grandpa, but to live a long healthy life is wonderful.

salmongirl
05-10-2012, 10:18 PM
Great pictures. I love before and after pictures and I will have to post mine soon. I take them every month when I start a new journal.
Congrats on the 50% mark. It made me stop and think about mine and it looks like it is when I hit onederland!

If the stick is too dark it could mean that you need to drink more water. I drink (or attempt it) a gallon every day.

Ishbel and Wuv thanks for the comments. Sometimes when I look at pictures of myself all I see is old. I used to have eyes that looked open!:dizzy::dizzy::dizzy:

Ishbel
05-10-2012, 10:27 PM
Seriously.....I looked closer at your pic cause you said that! Girl! You ain't old! You look like you'd be lots of fun to hang out with, huge beautiful smile....always nice to see a picture....I know it took me a long long time to put mine up...it was hard lol...still hard to keep them up.

Thanks for putting yours up! :)

salmongirl
05-10-2012, 10:40 PM
You are welcome! Thanks for noticing! And anytime you are in Salmon Idaho look me up!

Meadow Wheeler
05-10-2012, 10:47 PM
Congrats to everyone for staying 100%. Tomorrow is my WI and I am so hoping I get to the -20 lb mark. :)

LizRR
05-10-2012, 11:23 PM
I am officially getting rid of all the size 14s at our garage sale next weekend. I had to go out and get more jeans since I only have one pair that fit! Honestly, I belonged in a 16, but SQUEEZED into the 14s before. Even now my 12s are getting more room. I remember taking them from my cousins donation pile thinking they were tiny and maybe some day they would fit. I love IP! WI #10 tomorrow, feeling bloaty with Tom looming, but it is what it is. 100% OP and proud!

Happy to say that I am back on program! For the past 6 weeks life has been crazy. We've been out of town almost 3 of these weeks and I've been sick 2 of them. For the foreseeable future I'm in town and healthy! :D I am also happy to report that I'm only up 1.4 pounds from my lowest weigh in. Considering there were days when I went back to my junk food habit, I'm happy that I'm not too far away from where I was.

I'm itching to get pregnant again, but my husband and I have agreed that I really need to get to my pre-pregnancy weight from our daughter before we start trying again. I really, really want to start in July so this gives me two or so months to lose 20 pounds. I KNOW I can do it!

I am losing on my way to get preggers too! With my son I was not at a healthy weight and developed back problems. Hoping this next one will be smoother at a better conception weight!

You should NOT be testing dark purple EVER. It is a sign of dehydration, you need to flush the ketones out of your kidneys and drink lots of water which will dilute them to a lighter color. Check out the Ketosis thread for more info on that.
http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/4322469-post22.html

That is awesome! What a great week for him!

jcjnjj
05-10-2012, 11:40 PM
Congrats to everyone for staying 100%. Tomorrow is my WI and I am so hoping I get to the -20 lb mark. :)

I hope you do too!

wuv2bloved
05-11-2012, 12:07 AM
Seriously.....I looked closer at your pic cause you said that! Girl! You ain't old! You look like you'd be lots of fun to hang out with, huge beautiful smile....always nice to see a picture....I know it took me a long long time to put mine up...it was hard lol...still hard to keep them up.

Thanks for putting yours up! :)
I agree!...looks like everyone would have fun, Just like Tripmamma would be too. I think we need to put together an IP Bash....or a 3FC bash...haha.....then we could all meet somewhere and each other....lol

Tripmama
05-11-2012, 12:49 AM

Love your new pic :D Sorry about the great grndpa :(

ps- I finally, with the help of Tripmama, figured out how to post a picture!

Looking Good :carrot:

I agree!...looks like everyone would have fun, Just like Tripmamma would be too. I think we need to put together an IP Bash....or a 3FC bash...haha.....then we could all meet somewhere and each other....lol

Sounds like a plan...or needes a plan.:) Someplace we could all do :)something active.

Stefany1769
05-11-2012, 12:59 AM

Good luck! :)

Stefany1769
05-11-2012, 01:02 AM

That's what my mum told me too (she is in maintenance), but I am definitely one who likes to follow the rules. Maybe I will bring it up with my coach again on Saturday. I think part of the problem I am having with accepting her judgement is she is brand new. The first time I saw her she was a trainee.

wuv2bloved
05-11-2012, 10:57 AM
Good morning everyone, time to hit the road again. Going to Mobile with my boys today to change the oil in their cars. They both drive Subaru's so they take them to the dealership to get it done so they can check everything out. Hope everyone has a great day!

DanafromAustin
05-11-2012, 10:59 AM
Good morning everyone.

Okay I'm done with all of my little experiments as I like to call them. It's just back to phase one and either the scale will move again or not. My last experiment was three days ago. After reading so much about slow weight losses after loosing a lot of weight, and almost all of the articles said to increase your food and calorie count for one day to wake up your metabolism. I decided to try my version of a free day. I didn't want to get kicked out of ketosis so I tried an Atkins day which meant much more food choices, more fat and more calories. I went out for lunch and tried a big cobb salad and then during the rest of the day I just kind of crazed on low carb food items that aren't OP. The scale went up one pound, but now after two days of being back on phase one the scale is just back to where it was before my Atkins day, so I would say it was a bust over all even though I really did enjoy that big cobb salad. So I'm staying right where I am restricted bars and all and just let it happen. I guess I had to expect a plateau of sorts after all of these months. I'm just about at my 7 month mark. Could this be like the 7 year itch? ;)

Darralyn
05-11-2012, 12:00 PM
Good morning everyone.

Okay I'm done with all of my little experiments as I like to call them. It's just back to phase one and either the scale will move again or not. My last experiment was three days ago. After reading so much about slow weight losses after loosing a lot of weight, and almost all of the articles said to increase your food and calorie count for one day to wake up your metabolism. I decided to try my version of a free day. I didn't want to get kicked out of ketosis so I tried an Atkins day which meant much more food choices, more fat and more calories. I went out for lunch and tried a big cobb salad and then during the rest of the day I just kind of crazed on low carb food items that aren't OP. The scale went up one pound, but now after two days of being back on phase one the scale is just back to where it was before my Atkins day, so I would say it was a bust over all even though I really did enjoy that big cobb salad. So I'm staying right where I am restricted bars and all and just let it happen. I guess I had to expect a plateau of sorts after all of these months. I'm just about at my 7 month mark. Could this be like the 7 year itch? ;)

Look at your success; you are down almost 100 lbs. That is monumental!! Don't shortchange yourself..this too shall pass.
I am really losing pounds slowly but my clothes are quickly getting too big. So I am liking that. I had lost quite a bit prior to starting IP and I think that made a difference in how quickly I lose...also my age doesn't help. Awww to be young again..LOL:flow2:

Busymomx4
05-11-2012, 12:08 PM
Good morning everyone.

Well you still had better success than me, lol. After 3 days of restricted and on my 4th day of bootcamp, I am STILL up 2lbs..that is so weird and odd and not sure what is going. So for my WI tomorrow, i'm sure i'll be up, i was at least hoping to get back to what i was last week :( So starting tomorrow, back to what i was doing before, 1 restricted a day and that will be it. I really REALLY shouldn't have done what i did this week considering i wasn't plateaud and still losing. I thought i would shock my body well consider me shocked at my results, lol.

LSJ100
05-11-2012, 12:50 PM
I just want to give props to IP and to all you beautiful ladies! I just realized that this week I wore some shirts that I bought when I weighed in the 220's even though I'm still in the 240's...before at my current weight I would have felt fat and terrible but I'm already able to appreciate my success in my body and love how it is changing. It is so motivating! I'm hoping to hit the 230's at WI 6 tomorrow but it's TOM...no big deal to wait until WI 7 becuase I know with 100% OP it WILL happen!

Tripmama
05-11-2012, 01:09 PM
Good Morning 100% iPeeps!

And a great one it is! WI#16 and down 5 pounds and 3 inches (1 from my thigh-awesome). IP makes me so happy. Definantly in the zone and just don't even think about not being OP.

I did have a convo with my coach this morning about phasing off for 3 weeks in July. The reason being is that on July 11th we get on the Middle Fork of the Salmon River for a week of white water rafting and camping. I will be rowing my own raft and am SO excited. Then I will be home for 4 or five days and then leaving for San Diego for a week for some job scouting because I plan on moving there in Sept/Oct after my triplets all go off to college. So, I have thought long and hard about it and although I know I could stay OP thru it all, I know I would like to drink a beer or two after rowing all day- and celebrate my three fabulous high school graduates. And I will also want a margarita on the beach, my two other sisters will be joining me there. But really, it is also the timing, I will have been on IP for 6 months and if I keep up the progress, be at about an 85 pound loss, so I think my body will need a break/shock. So, since the timing and reasons are all good that is my plan. Then the DAY after I get back from San Diego I will be back 100% phase 1 until GOAL! Hopefully, I will be at goal before I move to San Diego, but it should be right around the same time. Oh, just had a great thought- while I am there in July, I will also scope out some IP clinics.

Any thoughts? Do you see any flaws in my plan?

Hope everyone is having a fabolous Friday.

P.S. only 5.5 pounds until my halfway goal...I hope to do it this week! Cross your fingers and I will work hard!

Tripmama
05-11-2012, 01:17 PM
You are welcome! Thanks for noticing! And anytime you are in Salmon Idaho look me up!

I am so glad you posted a picture.

JellyMae87
05-11-2012, 04:47 PM
Hello everyone... Hope everyone is doing well... I weighed in yesterday. Down 1 pound...

NewPath
05-11-2012, 07:55 PM
I always have my restricted for breakfast. I was told to eat it for breakfast or lunch because of the calories then you have all day to burn it off

Wuv, you look fabulous!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

GonnaB50NFabulous
05-11-2012, 07:58 PM

And a great one it is! WI#16 and down 5 pounds and 3 inches (1 from my thigh-awesome). IP makes me so happy. Definantly in the zone and just don't even think about not being OP.

I did have a convo with my coach this morning about phasing off for 3 weeks in July. The reason being is that on July 11th we get on the Middle Fork of the Salmon River for a week of white water rafting and camping. I will be rowing my own raft and am SO excited. Then I will be home for 4 or five days and then leaving for San Diego for a week for some job scouting because I plan on moving there in Sept/Oct after my triplets all go off to college. So, I have thought long and hard about it and although I know I could stay OP thru it all, I know I would like to drink a beer or two after rowing all day- and celebrate my three fabulous high school graduates. And I will also want a margarita on the beach, my two other sisters will be joining me there. But really, it is also the timing, I will have been on IP for 6 months and if I keep up the progress, be at about an 85 pound loss, so I think my body will need a break/shock. So, since the timing and reasons are all good that is my plan. Then the DAY after I get back from San Diego I will be back 100% phase 1 until GOAL! Hopefully, I will be at goal before I move to San Diego, but it should be right around the same time. Oh, just had a great thought- while I am there in July, I will also scope out some IP clinics.

P.S. only 5.5 pounds until my halfway goal...I hope to do it this week! Cross your fingers and I will work hard!

Tripmama you are awesome! Your rate of loss is amazing. It makes since to phase off for those 3 weeks--especially for the beer!!!! You are making so many positive changes in your life. Your triplets must be so proud of you and you are a fantastic role model to them.
Do what you need to do, just make sure that you prepare yourself mentally to enjoy the three weeks of phase 3 and then return to phase 1--refreshed and 100% committed to continuing the journey!
Cheers!:cheer2::cheer3::cheer2:

wuv2bloved
05-11-2012, 08:15 PM
Wuv, you look fabulous!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Well thanks a bunch!

Momto2cs
05-11-2012, 08:33 PM
Wuv you are amazing!
Help..how do I post a picture?

Ishbel
05-11-2012, 09:25 PM

Hey hey Tripmama, you are so very strong and rocking this program (I've been cheering you on :)) As long as you mentally decide to not be OP longer then you have too, you will be fine. For me, I made a list of things and put it on a poster with my before and current (at the time)....the poster was for me to get back on track.

I listed:
- reasons I wanted to lose weight (health topped but looking better was on there)
- situations that I stayed strong to get this far (Christmas and New Years were hard for me but I stayed 100%, and I didn't want to lessen that work)
- what was better about my life now that I had lost all that weight (at the time more then 100 lbs)
- inspirational quotes that meant simething to me and things ppl had said to me

This is how I mentally prepared to "git 'r done" when I came back from vacation. I just decided that I wouldn't be on 'vaca' longer then I would have to be so when the plane landed I was back on. Pick the day you come back and that's the day....no longer then you have to be.

Not sure if any of this helps...but it's what I did. Also posted my experience In a new thread, Jennydoodle has a thread about vaca too.

Let us know what you do and keep us posted while on vacation (don't lose touch over those three weeks)

Good luck!

wuv2bloved
05-11-2012, 09:58 PM
Wuv you are amazing!
Help..how do I post a picture?

go to User CP tab, click on edit signature or edit avatar click browse, find the pic you want click save!

NewPath
05-11-2012, 10:01 PM
So many awesome losses and accomplishments for our 100% OP Gals...and Guys!!!!
Today, I had an awesome day!!!!! Finally, no dizziness, light headedness etc. The difference, I have been eating hard-boiled eggs, as needed!!!!!! Sometimes I will have just egg-whites.
Today I felt good, all day, except for the first few hours after waking...this is new!
I love IP, and will work it until I figure out what my body needs.
I am so committed!!! I am so excited. my clothes are hanging off.
My face is completely reshaped!!!!!
Thank you all for your support!!!!

DanafromAustin
05-11-2012, 10:16 PM
Look at your success; you are down almost 100 lbs. That is monumental!! Don't shortchange yourself..this too shall pass.
I am really losing pounds slowly but my clothes are quickly getting too big. So I am liking that. I had lost quite a bit prior to starting IP and I think that made a difference in how quickly I lose...also my age doesn't help. Awww to be young again..LOL:flow2:
Thanks so much Darralyn for putting it into perspective for me. I think sometimes we just get on such a weight loss roll that we only see what's not happening rather than how far we have come. I do hear you on the age thing too. I'm in my mid 50's now, and truthfully before IP I just couldn't get the scale to move after the first 10 pounds or so. Thankfully IP changed all of that.

Well you still had better success than me, lol. After 3 days of restricted and on my 4th day of bootcamp, I am STILL up 2lbs..that is so weird and odd and not sure what is going. So for my WI tomorrow, i'm sure i'll be up, i was at least hoping to get back to what i was last week :( So starting tomorrow, back to what i was doing before, 1 restricted a day and that will be it. I really REALLY shouldn't have done what i did this week considering i wasn't plateaud and still losing. I thought i would shock my body well consider me shocked at my results, lol.
I think we should at least get an A for effort. I'm sure eventually you will loose the 2 pounds plus more. Hopefully soon the scale will just start moving again for both of us. Are you loosing any inches? I lost the two pounds only because of doing boot camp, but I have lost about 3 inches in the past three weeks even though the scale is dog slow, so something is going on I guess.

I think you may be smart to do it Tripmama. Where you will be in July is just about where I am now, six months and 86 pounds, and the scale has slowed down to a crawl at best. I'm hoping my one week vacation mid July speeds things along for me too. My friend's coach told her that at 100 pounds or six months that everyone should phase off for a month for this very reason. Interesting.

Cadu
05-12-2012, 06:25 AM

5 pounds! that's an awesome loss Tripmama. Your plan for vacation sounds very thoroughly thought out. You are so focused on your program that I am sure you will be fine.

p.s. Wuv & Salmon.. I love your new pics.

Ishbel
05-12-2012, 08:25 AM
Thanks so much Darralyn for putting it into perspective for me. I think sometimes we just get on such a weight loss roll that we only see what's not happening rather than how far we have come. I do hear you on the age thing too. I'm in my mid 50's now, and truthfully before IP I just couldn't get the scale to move after the first 10 pounds or so. Thankfully IP changed all of that.

I think we should at least get an A for effort. I'm sure eventually you will loose the 2 pounds plus more. Hopefully soon the scale will just start moving again for both of us. Are you loosing any inches? I lost the two pounds only because of doing boot camp, but I have lost about 3 inches in the past three weeks even though the scale is dog slow, so something is going on I guess.

I think you may be smart to do it Tripmama. Where you will be in July is just about where I am now, six months and 86 pounds, and the scale has slowed down to a crawl at best. I'm hoping my one week vacation mid July speeds things along for me too. My friend's coach told her that at 100 pounds or six months that everyone should phase off for a month for this very reason. Interesting.

I'm sorry your shock plan didn't help you as much as you wanted it to. :hug: 179 lbs Dana...your small! Have you treated yourself to some new clothes lately? I found it was when I was wearing the clothes of my size that I got the most compliments.

What does your coach say about your slow down?

Busymomx4
05-12-2012, 09:43 AM
Well as expected i'm up 1.4lb, i'm upset, guess i'm lucky its my first gain in 41 weeks. Hopefully big loss next week!

salmongirl
05-12-2012, 09:53 AM
So many awesome losses and accomplishments for our 100% OP Gals...and Guys!!!!
Today, I had an awesome day!!!!! Finally, no dizziness, light headedness etc. The difference, I have been eating hard-boiled eggs, as needed!!!!!! Sometimes I will have just egg-whites.
Today I felt good, all day, except for the first few hours after waking...this is new!
I love IP, and will work it until I figure out what my body needs.
I am so committed!!! I am so excited. my clothes are hanging off.
My face is completely reshaped!!!!!
Thank you all for your support!!!!
And it just keeps getting better as you loose more weight!

p.s. Wuv & Salmon.. I love your new pics.
Thanks, yours are looking good too!
Well as expected i'm up 1.4lb, i'm upset, guess i'm lucky its my first gain in 41 weeks. Hopefully big loss next week!

I have gained and then the next week the loss is usually a good one. Hang in there!

salmongirl
05-12-2012, 09:59 AM
It is a beautiful day in Salmon today! I think working in the garden is on the agenda! I went to Missoula yesterday to visit my daughter in college. It sure was nice to see her. The first thing she said was, "Mom, your so little! How long has it been since I have been home!" That was fun and totally made my day!
I hope everyone has a great 100% OP day and takes the time to enjoy the journey.

JellyMae87
05-12-2012, 10:30 AM
Well its Saturday! Told myself I wanted to sleep in. Instead my body wakes up at 7... Ugh. I'm gonna be going away for the weekend with my mommy. We are thinking about going to the ocean or down to Portland!! The weather is gonna be wonderful this week!.. I am excited for that. I just wish I had some capris or something...

DanafromAustin
05-12-2012, 11:43 AM
I'm sorry your shock plan didn't help you as much as you wanted it to. :hug: 179 lbs Dana...your small! Have you treated yourself to some new clothes lately? I found it was when I was wearing the clothes of my size that I got the most compliments.

What does your coach say about your slow down?
I'm only 5'2 and small boned, so yep underneath all of this I am small. I just bought a couple pair of capris and several new shirts all in the next size down. They feel a drop tight, but I've learned from experience that doesn't last long. My coach has always just told me to be patient, that this will work. She is not a fan of tweaking the diet at all as she is a very much by the book type of coach. She tells me ALL the time how she can't get over the changes in me and that my body seems to look smaller each week regardless of what the scale is saying. I've always trusted her as a coach, so now I'm just staying the course till my phase off in late June for my one week vacation and then back on till goal. How long did you phase off for before your trip to Mexico?

You will get there. Hang in. Your weight loss has been nothing less than amazing.:hug:

NewPath
05-12-2012, 04:52 PM
I have a miserable sinus cold/infection : ( Please, does anyone know if I can take NyQuil Sinus Gel caps?

Stefany1769
05-12-2012, 04:57 PM
I have a miserable sinus cold/infection : ( Please, does anyone know if I can take NyQuil Sinus Gel caps?

I have horrible sinus issues, I have to get the surgery done and I am avoiding it. :( Have you tried Advil Congestion before? I find if I take that with the original Sudafed it helps with the headache, stuffiness, and watery eyes.

I'm not sure about the NyQuil, does it show the ingredients. Maybe google the nutrition values on it.

I hope you feel better soon! :hug:

Ishbel
05-12-2012, 05:25 PM
How long did you phase off for before your trip to Mexico?

I did one wk of phase 2 and one week of phase 3, vaca was phase 4ish...check out the thread I made lol (that's all I'll say about that I here lol)

I have sinus issues too...netipot netipot netipot and I love Advil cold and sinus with antihistamine...oh did I mention netipot? You can netipot 2 times a day with a cold/sinus infection once a day when healthy...do it about 3 times a week when healthy. Good luck!

tjlhj
05-12-2012, 07:00 PM
I am back for a bit of cleaning up after being off for a bit. I was purposely looking for Wuv and Jelly.... and WOW WOW>>>!!!!!!! Girls you look absolutely FABULOUS!! I started last summer and I remember when Jelly was brand new. I AM JUST SO THRILLED to see how awesome you both look. Thanks for that inspiration today, I could not have asked for more.

wuv2bloved
05-12-2012, 07:44 PM
I am back for a bit of cleaning up after being off for a bit. I was purposely looking for Wuv and Jelly.... and WOW WOW>>>!!!!!!! Girls you look absolutely FABULOUS!! I started last summer and I remember when Jelly was brand new. I AM JUST SO THRILLED to see how awesome you both look. Thanks for that inspiration today, I could not have asked for more.
HEY YOU!...I remember when you started!!...great to you see you back around these boards!!:hug:....and Thank YOU

NewPath
05-12-2012, 08:47 PM
I have horrible sinus issues, I have to get the surgery done and I am avoiding it. :( Have you tried Advil Congestion before? I find if I take that with the original Sudafed it helps with the headache, stuffiness, and watery eyes.

I'm not sure about the NyQuil, does it show the ingredients. Maybe google the nutrition values on it.

I hope you feel better soon! :hug:

Thanks Stefany! I will try that combo tomorrow. They are daytime, right?
It is a beautiful weekend....and I feel lousy....but, at least I am till 100% OP:)

NewPath
05-12-2012, 08:52 PM
I did one wk of phase 2 and one week of phase 3, vaca was phase 4ish...check out the thread I made lol (that's all I'll say about that I here lol)

I have sinus issues too...netipot netipot netipot and I love Advil cold and sinus with antihistamine...oh did I mention netipot? You can netipot 2 times a day with a cold/sinus infection once a day when healthy...do it about 3 times a week when healthy. Good luck!

Thanks Ishbel. I do not have an netti, however, I have one of those battery powered sinus cleaners..... Last time I used it, I seriously think that it made me worse. Maybe I will get a Neti.

Stefany1769
05-12-2012, 08:57 PM
Thanks Stefany! I will try that combo tomorrow. They are daytime, right?
It is a beautiful weekend....and I feel lousy....but, at leas I am till 100% OP:)

Yes, they are for daytime. They don't make me sleepy, but everyone its different. They work well for me. Feel better fast

Ishbel
05-13-2012, 11:10 AM
Thanks Ishbel. I do not have an netti, however, I have one of those battery powered sinus cleaners..... Last time I used it, I seriously think that it made me worse. Maybe I will get a Neti.

The netipot is gentler...but I use the waterpik battery powered sinus riser too...the pulsing action is better and really it's quicker. I'm really a fan and it's prevented a lot for me. The Advil is my fav too, the antihistamine helps dry out your sinus cavities even if you don't have allergies.

wuv2bloved
05-13-2012, 11:50 AM

Busy, don't be upset, it happens. Your body is doing crazy stuff, you know that. Just keep your chin up, you know it will come off. I have some gains it always comes off. You know we have been 100% so its nothing we are doing.

I hope all the mom's out there have a wonderful Mother's Day!

JellyMae87
05-13-2012, 11:55 AM

Well thank you!! It feels like its been forever since the day I started...

Darralyn
05-13-2012, 12:13 PM
Wishing all you Moms a Happy 100% OP Mothers Day!

I will be going to my DS and DIL's for brunch; I will make them a crustless ham and brocollie quiche and taking my IP meal (2 c cauliflower, salad and soup). I look forward to seeing the grandkids!

I have stayed 100% and it has been a struggle; but I see inspiration from people like Jelly, Lisa, Ishbel and Stefany and it gives me encouragement to fight through the cravings and hang in there.

This is week 4 and I have struggled quite a bit this week; I guess this is about the time I give up on other programs. But as long as you folks are here and I can come chat with you, I am going to hang in there. I sent out an SOS on Friday and people were very kind and helped with words of support. I cannot tell you how much this helps! It is wonderful to be able to hook up with people who are going through the same thing as I am and have the wisdom and experience to help you through these speed bumps.

NewPath
05-13-2012, 12:24 PM
Happy Mother's Day IPeeps!
You are all wonderful woderful for getting your body healthy for yourself, and your loved ones!!!!
Today I am being taken to Chilli's by my to children! (I am actually more excited to not have to cook then by actually eating.)
I am having a custom order sirloin with an two sides of broccolli! AND, I
am going to savor a seltzer water, with a slice of lemon.
I wish that I could find sugar free kethup as I love ketchup on my steak. My weigh in is at 2:45...yes, Sunday at 2:45, on a beautiful day is yucky!!!!
As usual, I am worried that I will not lose any weight. Last week I feel that I lost almost too much, this week will be a lighter loss. But, I have been 100% OP so, whatever!!!!!
Does Stop and Shop carry any sugar free ketchup?
Love to you all!!!!

wuv2bloved
05-13-2012, 12:37 PM
Wishing all you Moms a Happy 100% OP Mothers Day!

I will be going to my DS and DIL's for brunch; I will make them a crustless ham and brocollie quiche and taking my IP meal (2 c cauliflower, salad and soup). I look forward to seeing the grandkids!

I have stayed 100% and it has been a struggle; but I see inspiration from people like Jelly, Lisa, Ishbel and Stefany and it gives me encouragement to fight through the cravings and hang in there.

This is week 4 and I have struggled quite a bit this week; I guess this is about the time I give up on other programs. But as long as you folks are here and I can come chat with you, I am going to hang in there. I sent out an SOS on Friday and people were very kind and helped with words of support. I cannot tell you how much this helps! It is wonderful to be able to hook up with people who are going through the same thing as I am and have the wisdom and experience to help you through these speed bumps.

You know that we are always here for you to talk too. Sorry I missed your SOS on friday but glad you were able to stay focused and OP. You can do this, Have a little faith in yourself and BELIEVE in yourself and the program it works....YOU are SUCCESSFUL so far, be proud, very proud!

ptod
05-13-2012, 01:15 PM
Does Stop and Shop carry any sugar free ketchup?
Love to you all!!!!

Stop &Shop should have Heinz reduced sugar ketchup. I think it is 1 carb - we switched before I started IP and we will never switch back to regular ketchup. I don't use it often, but I don't let the 1 carb stop me.

GonnaB50NFabulous
05-13-2012, 01:21 PM
Wuv your new avatar is even prettier than the last! You inspire so many of us. Happy mother's day!!

One of my sons and his family are taking us out to dinner tonight. Always look forward to family time now that the chickadees have flown the nest!

Hope you all enjoy the day. The weather is picture perfect here in the middle of the U.S. today--hope it melts a little fat away!

NewPath
05-13-2012, 05:40 PM
Today was a wonderful day. I went out to eat with my kids and we just relxed all day....even though there is so muhch to do!!!! I did go for my fourth weigh in though, and......YAY, I am down another 3 pounds!!!!!! YESSSSSSSSS! My coach told me that she noticed that I am not so uptight and analytical about everything anymore, okay, hmmmmm, I like her honesty!!!!!
100% and absolutely loving it!!!!!!!:carrot:

Crustybuns
05-13-2012, 06:32 PM
Happy Mothers Day to all you wonderful ladies. I wish I could say that I have been 100% :( I went completly off the rails on Friday. 5 vodka drinks, a handful of chips, and 2 bars in the evening. I gave my head a shake a couple hours later and felt sooo guilty. Sat I was back on track and have been since. Tues weigh in is gonna be so stressful... having to admit defeat :( carry on and learn from mistakes.

wuv2bloved
05-13-2012, 07:59 PM
Wuv your new avatar is even prettier than the last! You inspire so many of us. Happy mother's day!!

Thank you and Happy Mother's day to you as well.
Today was a wonderful day. I went out to eat with my kids and we just relxed all day....even though there is so muhch to do!!!! I did go for my fourth weigh in though, and......YAY, I am down another 3 pounds!!!!!! YESSSSSSSSS! My coach told me that she noticed that I am not so uptight and analytical about everything anymore, okay, hmmmmm, I like her honesty!!!!!
100% and absolutely loving it!!!!!!!:carrot:
Maybe you feel more confident in what you are doing and the success you are having. :)

evepet
05-13-2012, 08:07 PM
Happy Mothers Day to all you wonderful ladies. I wish I could say that I have been 100% :( I went completly off the rails on Friday. 5 vodka drinks, a handful of chips, and 2 bars in the evening. I gave my head a shake a couple hours later and felt sooo guilty. Sat I was back on track and have been since. Tues weigh in is gonna be so stressful... having to admit defeat :( carry on and learn from mistakes.

Good to hear that you got back on track immediately on Saturday, and things continue OP now. That's what is important at this point. Not to let a slip turn into a downward spiral. Kudos to you. You can do it!!

JellyMae87
05-13-2012, 09:17 PM
Well Sunday in finally winding down... As I was BF free this weekend. which was wonderful. :) I took my family skating last night... Just about 3 hours of non stop skating the just finished up a 2 hour practice.... The weather here is so amazing right now. But now the allergies are flaring up like crazy!!

NewPath
05-13-2012, 09:33 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by NewPath
100% and absolutely loving it!!!!!!!
Maybe you feel more confident in what you are doing and the success you are having.

Darralyn
05-13-2012, 09:56 PM
Well Sunday in finally winding down... As I was BF free this weekend. which was wonderful. :) I took my family skating last night... Just about 3 hours of non stop skating the just finished up a 2 hour practice.... The weather here is so amazing right now. But now the allergies are flaring up like crazy!!

You look amazing!! You really have come a long way and you are almost to goal...You are one of the ones i follow closely due to all the weight you've lost and how you have stuck with it. :)

Darralyn
05-13-2012, 09:59 PM
Thank you and Happy Mother's day to you as well.

Maybe you feel more confident in what you are doing and the success you are having. :)

Your pictures just get prettier and prettier!! You are one of my heros also; I don't think I have ever stuck with anything except school and your success gives me hope that I can make it, too!!

Thanks for all your words of wisdom and your support for all of us!:flow2:

Darralyn
05-13-2012, 10:00 PM
Good to hear that you got back on track immediately on Saturday, and things continue OP now. That's what is important at this point. Not to let a slip turn into a downward spiral. Kudos to you. You can do it!!

I really appreciate you, too!!:)

KitKat169
05-13-2012, 10:38 PM
I'm leaving early tomorrow morning for a three day conference in Atlanta. I can usually pack in 20 minutes the night before I leave but this time I spent a couple hours ensuring I had all my food and supplements. I think I have more shakes than pieces of clothing! My only worry is the vegetables during the travel times as I'm crossing the border and therefore can't pre-pack any for munching along the way. I'm determined to stay OP though so hopefully I can find stuff in the airport. And just in case I have an extra packet in my purse.

salmongirl
05-13-2012, 11:43 PM
Great new pic Wuv!
Darralyn, just hang in there and keep your eye on the prize! I have found that I am enjoying this journey and that is good because if weight loss is the battle, maintenance is the war. We will always have to stay vigilant so we might as well learn to enjoy it.

Jelly, sounds like a nice day! Skating sounds like fun but we only have an outdoor ice rink here. No skating unless it is freesing outside!

I hope everyone had a happy moms day!

MaMaZu
05-14-2012, 12:00 AM
because if weight loss is the battle, maintenance is the war. We will always have to stay vigilant so we might as well learn to enjoy!

I couldn't agree with you more, Salmongirl! We might as well as get used to living with these new challenges, embracing them!

patns
05-14-2012, 12:23 AM

You are looking amazing!!!! Glad to see things are going so well for you.

Pat

DanafromAustin
05-14-2012, 01:40 AM
Sounds like some of you had a very nice Mother's day. We all went out for brunch and I was happy to have actually found some yummy things to eat at the buffet. My family from out of town kept saying how great I looked, and my mom actually told me that I shouldn't loose anymore than about another 20 to 30 pounds, tops. I can't remember the last time someone told me not to loose more than 30 pounds or I would look too thin. Can't wrap my mind around that one yet.

Cadu
05-14-2012, 05:56 AM
Sounds like some of you had a very nice Mother's day. We all went out for brunch and I was happy to have actually found some yummy things to eat at the buffet. My family from out of town kept saying how great I looked, and my mom actually told me that I shouldn't loose anymore than about another 20 to 30 pounds, tops. I can't remember the last time someone told me not to loose more than 30 pounds or I would look too thin. Can't wrap my mind around that one yet.

Dana.. sounds like you had a great day. It's nice too have our accomplishments recognized. I think those who know us best know how hard this has been for us and can really appreciate what it took for us to get as far as we are. Now.. dont get too skinny! (I cant even imagine being too skinny) :D

Busymomx4
05-14-2012, 08:33 AM
Good morning,

I had a nice mother's day too, weather ended up being super nice.

So you all know about my Big C problems and now i'm really fed up.
At this point i was looking to get the kit you use to empty yourself for a colonostomy test as (ok the rest is in white as its TMI and gross so read at your own risk, lol) I was able to go a tiny bit this morning but with great difficulty but its always very skinny which makes me think i might have a blokage somewhere which the poo has to get around. I also have tons of mucus and jelly type thing which i don't think is good. At this point i need something to unblock me totally as beside a tiny bit saturday (with the help of a suppository) and this morning, i haven't really gone since last wednesday.

Oh and i'm up another 0.6 so that's 2 whole lbs i put on in the past week..

Darralyn
05-14-2012, 08:45 AM
Good morning,

At this point i was looking to get the kit you use to empty yourself for a colonostomy test as (ok the rest is in white as its TMI and gross so read at your own risk, lol) I was able to go a tiny bit this morning but with great difficulty but its always very skinny which makes me think i might have a blokage somewhere which the poo has to get around. I also have tons of mucus and jelly type thing which i don't think is good. At this point i need something to unblock me totally as beside a tiny bit saturday (with the help of a suppository) and this morning, i haven't really gone since last wednesday.

You are so close to your goal...have you tried a stool softener? I too struggle with this and sometimes that is all that will help finally.:o

Darralyn
05-14-2012, 08:51 AM
Great new pic Wuv!
Darralyn, just hang in there and keep your eye on the prize! I have found that I am enjoying this journey and that is good because if weight loss is the battle, maintenance is the war. We will always have to stay vigilant so we might as well learn to enjoy it.

Jelly, sounds like a nice day! Skating sounds like fun but we only have an outdoor ice rink here. No skating unless it is freesing outside!

I hope everyone had a happy moms day!

You are right; this is going to be for life and there will always be challenges so I guess this is the oportunity to build those muscles of resistance and learn from it and embrace it! Thanks so much for the new perspective! You are a Gem!! :hug:

Busymomx4
05-14-2012, 09:04 AM
You are so close to your goal...have you tried a stool softener? I too struggle with this and sometimes that is all that will help finally.:o

I have tried everything and anything that is out there

Tripmama
05-14-2012, 09:08 AM
I have tried everything and anything that is out there

Have you tried Epsom salt?

Busymomx4
05-14-2012, 09:26 AM
Have you tried Epsom salt?

What is that? I did try the salt flush with little result.

DanafromAustin
05-14-2012, 09:29 AM
Dana.. sounds like you had a great day. It's nice too have our accomplishments recognized. I think those who know us best know how hard this has been for us and can really appreciate what it took for us to get as far as we are. Now.. dont get too skinny! (I cant even imagine being too skinny) :D

These people see me with my clothes on, I know what I really look like. ;)
I have a ways to go before I'm too skinny, LOL.

Busy mom have you tried magnesium citrate? That's the first thing you start with when preparing for a colonoscopy. I have to have one very 5 years because my Dad died from colon cancer. The prep is nasty!

Busymomx4
05-14-2012, 09:35 AM
Busy mom have you tried magnesium citrate? That's the first thing you start with when preparing for a colonoscopy. I have to have one very 5 years because my Dad died from colon cancer. The prep is nasty!

Yes i have tried that and didn't do anything.

Chloe222
05-14-2012, 09:48 AM
Dana, Congrats on the compliments. It's really nice when those close to you are truly happy for you and can let you know that w/o any petty jealousies surfacing.

Yes i have tried that and didn't do anything. Have you tried Dulcolax? (drugstores, most grocery stores) I take 2 at once, probably once a week.

salmongirl
05-14-2012, 10:05 AM
Another beautiful day here in Idaho! I love the sun!
I hope everyone has a great day!

JellyMae87
05-14-2012, 10:30 AM
Well monday has arrived... And I am definitely in the I don't wanna go to work mode... I went to bed super early last night... I think it was 930 or so... Now I am just as tired this morning... I hate that!! Got nothing going on much for today other than work... I do have tomorrow off but plan on doing some yard work!! Hope everyone had a nice weekend...

LizRR
05-14-2012, 11:22 AM

I am so sorry you are having such trouble - I know there are colon cleansings that some clinics have. I've gotten a few Groupons for those but have never tried them, just throwing out random ideas. I truly hope you find a solution.

wuv2bloved
05-14-2012, 12:39 PM
Good morning, Had a good day yesterday, chilled out by the pool with the boys, then they grilled burgers and we watched the Vow. Yes, they watched a chick flick with their mom...lol....they both said it was good as well....lol...today i have lots of paperwork to do and I don't wanna do it!!!....so I am giving myself til noon then I will "work"....lol

Darralyn
05-14-2012, 04:22 PM
Hi All,

Had 5 week WI and was down 2.3 lbs today for a total of 14.1 lbs lost so far. I am not breaking any speed records but I am OK with it; at least the scales are going in the right direction.

I have been 100% OP so I am sure it will happen when it is supposed to! If I didn't have the support and others experience to draw on here, I could have been dissapointed cause last week it was just a little over a lb.

Have a wonderful week and stay OP!

wuv2bloved
05-14-2012, 05:17 PM
Hi All,

Had 5 week WI and was down 2.3 lbs today for a total of 14.1 lbs lost so far. I am not breaking any speed records but I am OK with it; at least the scales are going in the right direction.

I have been 100% OP so I am sure it will happen when it is supposed to! If I didn't have the support and others experience to draw on here, I could have been dissapointed cause last week it was just a little over a lb.

Darralyn, If you are 100% then it will come off eventually. Last week I lost NOTHING in weight but 2.5inches. Our bodies are crazy sometimes, just gotta go with the flow and do its thing sometimes....lol

SewingMomma
05-14-2012, 06:35 PM
Hi All,

You are doing fantastic! I've lost 80 pounds in less than six months, and believe me, I've had my share of 1 pound losses. It all adds up. This week, I lost 2.3 too, and that put me at 80 pounds down. Just stay true to the program, and the weight will come off.

Darralyn
05-14-2012, 07:23 PM
You are doing fantastic! I've lost 80 pounds in less than six months, and believe me, I've had my share of 1 pound losses. It all adds up. This week, I lost 2.3 too, and that put me at 80 pounds down. Just stay true to the program, and the weight will come off.

Thanks! You are doing Fantastic!!! You inspire me.:bravo:

Cadu
05-14-2012, 08:12 PM
Hi All,

Darralyn As the others before me said stay with it and it will come off. every little bit adds up. I lost 2 pounds last week. that was the smallest number lost yet. BUT.. it made my ticker go down to notches. ;) So all is good. even if I lose nothing for a week, I am gaining so much more in self control, self confidence, will power and most importantly the great numbers I got at my last blood work up. You do have the right attitude, you are doing great.

Bellamack
05-14-2012, 09:09 PM
Hello IPeeps,

jelly you look FAB, as does Wuv! I have been being good, but busy and not much time to read and chat. Keep up the good work ladies, this program is the best.
I had a wonderful time in Ireland a few weeks ago, celebrating our 30th wedding anniversary...

NewPath
05-14-2012, 09:12 PM
Good morning,

Busy Mom, I am amazed at your success! I was looking at your stats, my Goodness!!!!!
With that said, I had my first round of the big "C" over the weekend. What the heck, 4 cups of vegetables in.....should be easy to have ....well, a similar "outcome".....! And yeah, OUCH!!!!
I would love some solutions here IPeeps!!!!!

NewPath
05-14-2012, 09:25 PM
I am in a new place. I no longer live to eat.
I eat to live. I have actually begun to really have to force myself to eat.
I am satiated most of the time. I start to become full.
I think that this is a good thing.
Just weeks ago, I was pining away for my next meal or snack.
With the exception of peppers and eggs being always on hand for emergencies, I am peaceful, happy, so excited about this journey.
Now I need to spice up my daily nosh.
Things have changed, I am a new me......in training!

patns
05-14-2012, 09:40 PM

This has been the worst thing about this plan for me.

What finally helped was cutting out the calcium supplements for a week and having magnesium citrate instead. Now I just take the calcium potassium and magnesium citrate.

Calcium causes constipation.

JellyMae87
05-14-2012, 10:18 PM
Bella. I've been wondering where the heck you've been!! Glad your still around.

Meadow Wheeler
05-14-2012, 11:34 PM
Busy Mom, I am amazed at your success! I was looking at your stats, my Goodness!!!!!
With that said, I had my first round of the big "C" over the weekend. What the heck, 4 cups of vegetables in.....should be easy to have ....well, a similar "outcome".....! And yeah, OUCH!!!!
I would love some solutions here IPeeps!!!!!

I am taking extra magnesium because I have hypothyroid and have been a long time sufferer of the big C. When I started IP I as already taking 2 magnesium tablets at the recommendation of my nurse practitioner. My coach told me to keep taking them in addition to the program's 4. I am in HEAVEN...I have never been this regular. Every morning right after breakfast. Maybe try adding some more magnesium. :)

Crustybuns
05-15-2012, 12:11 AM
So WI #5 tomorrow... it has been a terrible week. I know that stress effects how we are going to loose weight, and I'm not sure how to eliminate the stressors with school. Some days it's just a battlezone and with my Friday going off the rails I'm not expecting great results in the morning... arg. I will have to try and manage my time better as to get out and beat this stress away.

WI 1 -9.5
WI 2 -3
WI 3 -1
WI 4 -3

Darralyn
05-15-2012, 09:26 AM
So WI #5 tomorrow... it has been a terrible week. I know that stress effects how we are going to lose weight, and I'm not sure how to eliminate the stressors with school. Some days it's just a battlezone and with my Friday going off the rails I'm not expecting great results in the morning... arg. I will have to try and manage my time better as to get out and beat this stress away.

WI 1 -9.5
WI 2 -3
WI 3 -1
WI 4 -3

You are so close to your goal. Just keep your eye on the prize and be focused! You can do this!!!:carrot:

salmongirl
05-15-2012, 09:40 AM
Morning 100%ers! Another beautiful Idaho day!
Busymom, we have got to get you cleaned out! I once had to do the colonoscopy prep to get cleaned out. It was gross tasting but it did the job. I felt so much better when it was over. I feel bad because I know how uncomfortable you must feel. Sorry!

I hope everyone has a great OP day!

Crustybuns
05-15-2012, 10:04 AM
Hey Busymom, the only relief I have found is with Senakot... they are sugar free.. recommeneded daily dose is 2-4... I do four every morning (have to) otherwise I wait a week and then its ****.

Tripmama
05-15-2012, 10:14 AM
Hey Chicks....keep it 100%!

Busymomx4
05-15-2012, 12:13 PM
Morning 100%ers! Another beautiful Idaho day!
Busymom, we have got to get you cleaned out! I once had to do the colonoscopy prep to get cleaned out. It was gross tasting but it did the job. I felt so much better when it was over. I feel bad because I know how uncomfortable you must feel. Sorry!

I hope everyone has a great OP day!

Hey Busymom, the only relief I have found is with Senakot... they are sugar free.. recommeneded daily dose is 2-4... I do four every morning (have to) otherwise I wait a week and then its ****.

Thank you guys...who knew i would one day be so open to talk about my bathroom issues, lol.

I have tried the senakot and it doesn't work for me.

Last night i took 2 xstrenght xlax (which you're not supposed to) and did get a bit of cramping but it worked as a MILD softner...i was able to go a bit, was still difficult but i feel a bit better today and was down 1lb (still up 1 though).

I bought something called citro mag which is to empty you before a colon xrays..the real stuff for colonostomy has to be on a dr's paper. Didn't use it last night cause you have to drink 1 cup of water every hour 4 hours before and 3 hours after..i figured i'll do it friday so that i can drink the stuff when i get home.

Once i get empty, i have to find something to keep me that way. LOL

Congrats on all the WI and NSV :)

Brought 10 year old dd to the dr...she had a little cold but has been dry coughing for 10 days now. Asthma..just like me. I only get asthma when sick with a cold which is the exact dry cough that she has. Poor kid but she'll feel better with the puffer.

Busymomx4
05-15-2012, 12:16 PM
I am taking extra magnesium because I have hypothyroid and have been a long time sufferer of the big C. When I started IP I as already taking 2 magnesium tablets at the recommendation of my nurse practitioner. My coach told me to keep taking them in addition to the program's 4. I am in HEAVEN...I have never been this regular. Every morning right after breakfast. Maybe try adding some more magnesium. :)

I have stopped the cal/mag altogether now. What kind of pills do you get (dosage?) will look into it.

GonnaB50NFabulous
05-15-2012, 12:52 PM
Busymomx4--Are you eating two salads, and 4 cups of vegetables everyday? I have noticed that if I slack on those that I become more of the Big C.

Busymomx4
05-15-2012, 01:14 PM
Busymomx4--Are you eating two salads, and 4 cups of vegetables everyday? I have noticed that if I slack on those that I become more of the Big C.

Yep, always

wuv2bloved
05-15-2012, 07:59 PM
WOW I had to come look for us we were on the second page again!!!...soooo many new threads opening up. I hope everyone had a great day. My collar bones are starting to show a lot and is beginning to freak me out.....lol other than that its been a good day.....lol

JoesHotWife
05-15-2012, 08:45 PM
Isn't it funny how exciting bones can be?!

wuv2bloved
05-15-2012, 08:47 PM
Isn't it funny how exciting bones can be?!
YES, it is.....lol

Crustybuns
05-15-2012, 09:47 PM
Well with going totally off the rails on Friday and extreme stress with school, I managed a 0.5 loss... no looking back now-- onward and downward :)

WI 1 - 9.5
WI 2 - 3
WI 3 - 1
WI 4 - 3
WI 5 - 0.5

Darralyn
05-15-2012, 09:48 PM
Well with going totally off the rails on Friday and extreme stress with school, I managed a 0.5 loss... no looking back now-- onward and downward :)

WI 1 - 9.5
WI 2 - 3
WI 3 - 1
WI 4 - 3
WI 5 - 0.5

That is terrific!! :carrot:

Meadow Wheeler
05-15-2012, 11:33 PM
I have stopped the cal/mag altogether now. What kind of pills do you get (dosage?) will look into it.

I have been getting "Finest Natural Magnesium 250 mg" from Walgreens. My nurse practitioner had me taking 2 (total of 500 mg) and then I added the IP cal/mag....wonderful results. There is nothing more miserable than the big C.

Meadow Wheeler
05-15-2012, 11:34 PM
WOW I had to come look for us we were on the second page again!!!...soooo many new threads opening up. I hope everyone had a great day. My collar bones are starting to show a lot and is beginning to freak me out.....lol other than that its been a good day.....lol

Yay for bones! :carrot: Great Job!

Tripmama
05-16-2012, 02:05 AM
I haven't eaten sugar in 4 months....that amazes me. You all amaze me. We are actually doing this...changing our lives. Go us. Thanks for being on this journey with me.

GonnaB50NFabulous
05-16-2012, 05:47 AM
I haven't eaten sugar in 4 months....that amazes me. You all amaze me. We are actually doing this...changing our lives. Go us. Thanks for being on this journey with me.

I can add to that, I haven't had a diet soda in over 4 months, or sugar!! Both are an addiction for me and now I know life is better without them. Tripmama, I love reading your positive posts. Knowing others are on this journey seems to really help!

Busymomx4
05-16-2012, 08:54 AM
I have been getting "Finest Natural Magnesium 250 mg" from Walgreens. My nurse practitioner had me taking 2 (total of 500 mg) and then I added the IP cal/mag....wonderful results. There is nothing more miserable than the big C.

Crap wish i had seen this before buying some last night, lol. The ones i got were 100mg which they say to take 1 twice a day. So i figured i would take 2, twice a day (total of 400mg). But maybe it should be more, do you know how much there is in the cal/mag? And doesn't the calcium in the cal/mag cancel the laxative effect of the mag?

Scale is up again this morning, which is really depressing me cause i realized that eventhough i'm constipated, if i was losing weight, the scale would still go down, just not as much as if i wasn't blocked. So the fact that the scale keeps going up shows that my weight is not going down, just the C weight is added on.

Its the first time since starting this diet that i am so frustrated. Usually when you have a bad week, you KNOW that the next one will be better and the weight will go down but right now i'm at a standstill and don'T know what to expect and don't know what the heck is going on!

Oh yeah, and i'm super fed up with friends and family telling me its because i've lost enough weight and should phase off...WTH does it have to do with being blocked up!!! I'm 163, i'm nowhere near "skinny enough".

I just want a solution! I have stopped the metamucil cause its recommended to take 3 times a day and tehre is NO way i will use 9g net carb extra in my day!

Ok off my soap box and i'm sorry for boring all of you with this and i want to thank you all for your concerns and tips and help :)

wuv2bloved
05-16-2012, 09:14 AM
I do the Metamucil only ONCE in the morning before I have my breakfast and it seems to help me.

Tripmamma, I am going on 54 weeks of NONE of that stuff. I think when and if I ever have it again my body will reject it something fierce. I don't think I want to try it to see....lol....we are all doing amazing things with our bodies that is for sure

Busymomx4
05-16-2012, 09:38 AM
I do the Metamucil only ONCE in the morning before I have my breakfast and it seems to help me.

I tried it once a day since the week-end and it hasn't done anything but glad its working for someone so i will definitely keep it in mind.

Maybe i'm just too quick to give up on something and should give it more time to see if it works instead of switching things around so much.

If you don't take it, do you have big C problems? Maybe after I do the "emptying" this week-end, i could maybe keep trying it once in the morning along with the extra magnesium.

salmongirl
05-16-2012, 10:16 AM
Just checking in to say hi! I hope everyone has a great day.

Busymomx4
05-16-2012, 11:00 AM
Ok, actually went to the dr. (we have a clinic in the building i work in).

So the citro mag that i bought, she told me that is what she was going to prescribe me so to use it tonight.

If that doesn't work, i have a prescription for something called golytely (which is used to empty before colonostomy).

If that doesn't work, she said to go to the emergency to get emptied. If i do go even a bit..she wants me to get an xray next week to check things out.

She could feel BM all the way up to my belly button when pushing on my stomach.

Oh and once i'm empty, she wants me to take senekot with something called colace.

So wish me luck :)

JoesHotWife
05-16-2012, 11:17 AM

So the citro mag that i bought, she told me that is what she was going to prescribe me so to use it tonight.

If that doesn't work, i have a prescription for something called golytely (which is used to empty before colonostomy).

If that doesn't work, she said to go to the emergency to get emptied. If i do go even a bit..she wants me to get an xray next week to check things out.

Oh and once i'm empty, she wants me to take senekot with something called colace.

Hang in there Busymom. Health first, then weight loss. My coach told me you can hold up to 10 pounds of waste in your bowels, so you might be a very happy camper once you get empty! Not to mention, you will feel so much better since the longer the waste stays in your system the more of it is reabsorbed. Seems strange saying this, but I can't wait to see how this goes for you. Big HUGS and 'moving' thoughts :hug:

JoesHotWife
05-16-2012, 11:21 AM
WI #15, down 2.6. I was so hung up in the 180s and now I am almost to the 160s...so strange...and fantastic!!! IP does work if you give it 100%. Have a great day everyone!

wuv2bloved
05-16-2012, 11:26 AM
Week 54 Weigh in is....ONE pound!....I can't seem to get out of the 230's for nothing.....lol

Darralyn
05-16-2012, 11:37 AM

Good luck on your "movement"! My son used to get impacted bowels when he was young because he was too busy to stop playing and go to the bathroom when nature called. We had to take him to the hospital on several occasions and it was not fun for him; I think they did the old bag enima and he was not a happy boy!! Oh well, I sure hope these other things help first!
Hope it's not TMI and I am really thinking of you with compassion.:hug:

wuv2bloved
05-16-2012, 12:06 PM
Darralyn, LOVE your progress pics....keep it up!

Busymomx4
05-16-2012, 12:08 PM
Good luck on your "movement"! My son used to get impacted bowels when he was young because he was too busy to stop playing and go to the bathroom when nature called. We had to take him to the hospital on several occasions and it was not fun for him; I think they did the old bag enima and he was not a happy boy!! Oh well, I sure hope these other things help first!
Hope it's not TMI and I am really thinking of you with compassion.:hug:

Thank you :)

And i think one of the reason i suffer from constipation (since before IP) is that i did like your son. I would go potty when it was convinient for me (sometimes a whole day later) vs when i had to go!

Oh NSV about seeing the dr. When i sat there, she kept looking at her chart and looking at me then she said "did you lose weight" i said yes. She said ok cause the last time you came was for your knees and i wrote knee problem cause by being overweight" and i keep wondering why i would've written this! So yay people don't see me as being overweight anymore :)

wuv2bloved
05-16-2012, 12:15 PM
Thank you :)

And i think one of the reason i suffer from constipation (since before IP) is that i did like your son. I would go potty when it was convinient for me (sometimes a whole day later) vs when i had to go!

Oh NSV about seeing the dr. When i sat there, she kept looking at her chart and looking at me then she said "did you lose weight" i said yes. She said ok cause the last time you came was for your knees and i wrote knee problem cause by being overweight" and i keep wondering why i would've written this! So yay people don't see me as being overweight anymore :)

WOOHOO!!!....great job and what an amazing feeling isn't it?

SewingMomma
05-16-2012, 03:31 PM

Oh my gosh! I hope that the thing that the doctor recommended work for you! I was taking the senacot daily for a while, and that kept me pretty regular. Then I started taking the ideal protein enzymes, and was able to drop the senacot. I'm back to my normal with them. If you don't take them already, you might try adding them once you get things, shall we say, cleared out.

I cannot imagine how miserable you are!

salmongirl
05-16-2012, 03:40 PM
Busymom, we are all rooting for you! I think it is a bit funny and I hope you see the humor in a bunch of women rooting for you to have a BM!
Wuv, I can think of so many times my friends encouraged me to loose weight and I just wasn't ready. But now that I am, nothing is stopping me. Hopefully your cousin will get there emotionally and then nothing will stop him either. We now know it can be done and that it isn't as hard as we imagined to give up our comfort zone and attempt something as hard and as personal as loosing weight. You are going to be there for him when he is ready, that makes him one lucky guy!

Okay, got to go back outside and get my irrigation running! It is not easy keeping 40 acres green in the high desert!

ptod
05-16-2012, 04:14 PM
My collar bones are starting to show a lot and is beginning to freak me out.....

I love that my collar bones are showing - I catch myself tapping on them during the day like I am checking that they are real. woot!

Busymom - I am glad to read that the doctor gave you a series of steps to try. We are all roto-rooting for you!!! This will be the woosh heard round the world! Feel better! :D

I was down a pound today. Yippee! Sometimes writing how I did at WI makes me feel like I am standing at the deli counter - if only I could order a bigger drop every now and then. How am I ever going to catch Wuv otherwise? ;)

NewPath
05-16-2012, 09:34 PM
I love that my collar bones are showing - I catch myself tapping on them during the day like I am checking that they are real. woot!

Busymom - I am glad to read that the doctor gave you a series of steps to try. We are all roto-rooting for you!!! This will be the woosh heard round the world! Feel better! :D

I was down a pound today. Yippee! Sometimes writing how I did at WI makes me feel like I am standing at the deli counter - if only I could order a bigger drop every now and then. How am I ever going to catch Wuv otherwise? ;)

Awesome...the Whoosh heard around the world!!!!! They say it takes a village to help a woman.......!!!!!!! I LOVE THIS!!!!!!!:carrot:

JoesHotWife
05-16-2012, 10:25 PM
:cheer2::cheer2:Go Go Go GO....:cheer3::cheer3:
Sending you lots of love busymom!:grouphug:

wuv2bloved
05-16-2012, 10:56 PM

I do that too sometimes....lol.....and c'mon catch up with me!!! I don't mind

DanafromAustin
05-17-2012, 01:29 AM

I've used golytely before for my colonoscopies. I have to say golytely doesn't really go-lytely at all. It will be the flush heard around the world for sure!!! I just can't imagine that stuff not working. Keeping my fingers crossed for you.

Today's WI was down 3 pounds. Thankfully the scale starting moving again. So what did I learn from all of my experimenting the last two weeks trying to get the scale to move? To listen to my coach and just BE PATIENT and trust the process. :o

Cadu
05-17-2012, 05:24 AM

I hope this is the answer to your issue. Feel better.

Today's WI was down 3 pounds. Thankfully the scale starting moving again. So what did I learn from all of my experimenting the last two weeks trying to get the scale to move? To listen to my coach and just BE PATIENT and trust the process. :o

Good for you Dana. I think being patient is the hardest part of this whole process. Congrats on the loss!!

Busymomx4
05-17-2012, 08:39 AM
OMG you guys are so so sweet, what a great support team you all are :)

The citro mag worked somewhat but didn't empty me as i still feel full so will do the golytely tomorrow...will stay home as i have to drink the stuff at a pace of 1 cup every 10 minutes until i drink 4 liters so almost 3 hours! Not something i will do in the evening.

Whoever mentioned collar bone...i use to check mine out all the time...that was my cue that i wasn't super fat anymore, lol.

Congrats on all the great WIs this week...hopefully i'll be showing a good loss on my saturday WI :)

ptod
05-17-2012, 08:53 AM
I do that too sometimes....lol.....and c'mon catch up with me!!! I don't mind

I'm trying to catch up!!!! Blaze a trail!!!! :running:

Woo hoo! As Cadu said, being patient is hard. Are you back to your normal routine? Did you change anything in your workout?

When I weighed in yesterday, I tried not to focus on just the weight that popped up on the computer that tracks everything. There are stats for water, muscle, etc. but what caught my eye was an entry that I think was labeled body composition.....mine said solidly built - I am built just like my Chevy Silverado! :sumo:

Darralyn
05-17-2012, 09:18 AM
Good Morning Cadu! Thanks for all your help yesterday with my photos! Even with all you are going through you had the time to help someone out and I sure do appreciate it. Did you get some good ideas and options regarding your daughters continued care last night? You are in my prayers; as is your Dear daughter!

Good morning Busymom,
I am glad you've had some relief...good luck today on your final expedition!!
Hope it is the flush heard round the world!

Hello ptod,
I like that you compare yourself to your truck; I would have used a naughtier term that my dad used to use about me a "brick____house". LOL
Good luck to you!! And it is a good thing to be solidly built!!

Meadow Wheeler
05-17-2012, 09:26 AM

Go us! :hug:

salmongirl
05-17-2012, 09:57 AM
Good morning everyone. I hope everyone has a great day.

wuv2bloved
05-17-2012, 12:16 PM
I'm trying to catch up!!!! Blaze a trail!!!! :running:

When I weighed in yesterday, I tried not to focus on just the weight that popped up on the computer that tracks everything. There are stats for water, muscle, etc. but what caught my eye was an entry that I think was labeled body composition.....mine said solidly built - I am built just like my Chevy Silverado! :sumo:

LMAO...LOVE it.....then I guess I am built FORD tough since I drive an F150 supercrew....Big girl...Big truck!!.....NOOOOOO I am not down sizing, just going to get myself a vanity plate that says "ISHRANK"......lmao

Tripmama
05-17-2012, 12:37 PM
LMAO...LOVE it.....then I guess I am built FORD tough since I drive an F150 supercrew....Big girl...Big truck!!.....NOOOOOO I am not down sizing, just going to get myself a vanity plate that says "ISHRANK"......lmao

:running: I am coming too..

Tripmama
05-17-2012, 12:38 PM
Wuv- love the vanity plates!
I love IP! It works. Lose.

wuv2bloved
05-17-2012, 12:42 PM
I just noticed we are all about the same weight....this is GREAT!!....we will get to the END together!!!

Wayward
05-17-2012, 03:27 PM
Good afternoon everyone!!!!!

O.k. so it's been forever since I have posted....sorry. I have been really slammed.
I have been teaching 2 classes almost every weekend, a lot of 70 hour work weeks.
Little one is now 14 months... wow where does the time go.
I have been in maintenance for 5 months now, the wife has been there for about a month now.
We both watch our weight too much like hawks, almost to the point we are obsessive about it lol.
I fluctuate back and forth about 3 pounds still since I have gotten off, so I have stayed pretty much right where I was back in Dec. when I finished.

Wife and I just celebrated our 13th anniversary yesterday!!!
And we actually had our first date last weekend since the little guy was born which was nice.
I ran my first race back on the 5th, did my 12k I was talking about back when I started here.
So another goal down that I set last year.

It's good to see we still have such a good group of support here on this thread, Lisa as usual keep up the great work, I have been keeping an eye out, just been too busy or distracted to pay attention.

As usual here is a few pics :)
He's turning into quite the little man hehe.

http://i293.photobucket.com/albums/mm59/Wayward_Traveller/hat.jpg
http://i293.photobucket.com/albums/mm59/Wayward_Traveller/slide.jpg

Here's one of me right after I finished my 12k, not looking my best but oh well lol.
http://i293.photobucket.com/albums/mm59/Wayward_Traveller/bloomsday.jpg

Oh and here is my custom motorcycle suit I ordered as my reward for the diet, I almost forgot lol.
http://i293.photobucket.com/albums/mm59/Wayward_Traveller/suit-1.jpg

Crustybuns
05-17-2012, 04:34 PM
Well some of my stress is over - I needed 90% for my drug and dosage calculation final to continue on with the program... whoo hoo i got my 90 lol. Maybe now the scale will go down a little more. 100% on program - and my pants are fitting funny (saggy bum)

DanafromAustin
05-17-2012, 05:20 PM
OMG you guys are so so sweet, what a great support team you all are :)

The citro mag worked somewhat but didn't empty me as i still feel full so will do the golytely tomorrow...will stay home as i have to drink the stuff at a pace of 1 cup every 10 minutes until i drink 4 liters so almost 3 hours! Not something i will do in the evening.

TMI I'm sure, but you only have to drink enough golytely till it runs clear, which may very well be the entire bottle. I have to do this sometime this year as it's time for another colonoscopy for me; I have to have them every five years. :yikes:

Woo hoo! As Cadu said, being patient is hard. Are you back to your normal routine? Did you change anything in your workout?

I didn't do anything different, just went back to my old routine and the scale started to move. :)

Love the plate name. My husband wants to buy a mini cooper. I told him that would be great because now I can fit into one. ;)

wuv2bloved
05-17-2012, 06:05 PM
WAYWARD!!!!!....OH how I have missed YOU!!!....your little guy is adorable just like his dad. I know Mom is proud of the both of you. Its good to know that she finally reached her goal and that you have been maintaining. You have achieved so much since you started IP, I am so happy for both you and your wife. Its always great to hear from you. I am still plugging away, about another 34lbs and I will stop....lol....I wanna see 200 on the scale so we will see!!!

Pookiepotpie2
05-17-2012, 08:14 PM
I am excited to get to be in the 100% club it is 4th day of being 100%!!

Ishbel
05-17-2012, 08:27 PM
Yay! Have wifi! So I spent the last week of phase 3 traveling for work, not something I recommend but doable fo sho!

Difficult not to weigh in everyday....but liberating, guess we'll see this weekend, as I'm not home yet but at least in a hotel with internet. I could read the forums but posting off a bb isn't something I care to do....thankfully I have the iPad but only when connected to wifi.

I'm happy to report today is my first day of Phase 4...feel most comfortable in here, in the 100%, funny hey? At least in here I know everyone, sometimes I feel that I'm just entering maintance, set with my rules just off the wagon and ready to see what happens and everyone in the maintainers thread are so well into maintenance that they are already are trying other things. I feel out of place and slightly like an orphan sometimes (not trying to offend, just being honest with myself and posting it). Won't stop me from posting and lurking in any and all forum threads! lol

Will you still be my friends? Check yes or no? lol

Missed conversing with you all for the last 5 days....

Busymom hope all things go well for you!
Ptod Tammy the toe is better but still under the weather :) you make me laugh with the whoosh heard around the world!
Wuv yay for collar bones! :)

Cadu
05-17-2012, 08:31 PM
Good Morning Cadu! Thanks for all your help yesterday with my photos! Even with all you are going through you had the time to help someone out and I sure do appreciate it. Did you get some good ideas and options regarding your daughters continued care last night? You are in my prayers; as is your Dear daughter!

Darralyn, you are very welcome it was no big deal :)
We did get a job coach set up for my DD for next school year, the coach will see if she is acually employable or not.. that is the first step. So for now, we can just enjoy the summer. Thanks for asking.

DanafromAustin
05-17-2012, 10:57 PM
Yay! Have wifi! So I spent the last week of phase 3 traveling for work, not something I recommend but doable fo sho!

Difficult not to weigh in everyday....but liberating, guess we'll see this weekend, as I'm not home yet but at least in a hotel with internet. I could read the forums but posting off a bb isn't something I care to do....thankfully I have the iPad but only when connected to wifi.

I'm happy to report today is my first day of Phase 4...feel most comfortable in here, in the 100%, funny hey? At least in here I know everyone, sometimes I feel that I'm just entering maintance, set with my rules just off the wagon and ready to see what happens and everyone in the maintainers thread are so well into maintenance that they are already are trying other things. I feel out of place and slightly like an orphan sometimes (not trying to offend, just being honest with myself and posting it). Won't stop me from posting and lurking in any and all forum threads! lol

Ptod Tammy the toe is better but still under the weather :) you make me laugh with the whoosh heard around the world!
I've wondered where you were. Phase 4, very exciting and can't wait to hear about your first "free day."

wuv2bloved
05-18-2012, 12:09 AM

YES YES YES AND YES!!!!!.....LOL

Busymomx4
05-18-2012, 06:56 AM

I'm happy to report today is my first day of Phase 4...feel most comfortable in here, in the 100%, funny hey? At least in here I know everyone, sometimes I feel that I'm just entering maintance, set with my rules just off the wagon and ready to see what happens and everyone in the maintainers thread are so well into maintenance that they are already are trying other things. I feel out of place and slightly like an orphan sometimes (not trying to offend, just being honest with myself and posting it). Won't stop me from posting and lurking in any and all forum threads! lolp

Will you still be my friends? Check yes or no? lolr

I'll always be your friend :)

Enjoy phase 4, excited for you and looling forward to hear about your first cheat day. Seems different when hearing about it from someone "you know", so exciting lol

Ishbel
05-18-2012, 07:59 AM
I've wondered where you were. Phase 4, very exciting and can't wait to hear about your first "free day."

Free day will be next Sat I think....i want to be in maintenance a few days before I slam some carbs in....that way I'm not blaming any reactions on my free day. (wise woman gave me that plan)

YES YES YES AND YES!!!!!.....LOL

I'll always be your friend :)

Enjoy phase 4, excited for you and looling forward to hear about your first cheat day. Seems different when hearing about it from someone "you know", so exciting lol

<whew>...good to know I'm not quite the orphan lol

I'll keep most of my food stories off this thread....didn't always appreciate it when I was in Phase 1. Can't wait for some of you to be in maintenance with me! I promised this forum would be part of my maintenance plan, please stay with me! :)!!!

Hope you all have a wonderful day!

Busymomx4
05-18-2012, 10:29 AM
Omg this is the most disgusting thing ever. Its like slimy salt water, can't believe i have to drink this for the next 2+ hours. It better work

Dana - cant believe you've had to do this more than once

ptod
05-18-2012, 12:13 PM
I'm happy to report today is my first day of Phase 4...feel most comfortable in here, in the 100%, funny hey?

Ishbel - we would all miss you if you wandered away from us. You are still 100%, just in a different phase. No biggie....tee hee. You will have some company in P4 soon - hold the fort!
Hi Tammy & Martha! :wave:

Omg this is the most disgusting thing ever. Its like slimy salt water, can't believe i have to drink this for the next 2+ hours. It better work

Busymom - when it starts working, it will WORK. Hang in there as it might get a bit uncomfortable. I take it you didn't get a 'flavor' packet that make it taste slightly better than slimy salt water?!

Dear Lord, please help Busymom through to the big flush! Amen!

GonnaB50NFabulous
05-18-2012, 12:17 PM
WI #18, lost 2 more pounds and lots of inches!

wuv2bloved
05-18-2012, 12:42 PM
I think that most of us will always be a part of each others lives through this forum because we have shared so many things with each other. I agree, you can post whatever you want here, you are in a difference phase we will all get there and need to know these things. Share share and share!!

Busymomx4
05-18-2012, 01:00 PM
Ishbel - we would all miss you if you wandered away from us. You are still 100%, just in a different phase. No biggie....tee hee. You will have some company in P4 soon - hold the fort!
Hi Tammy & Martha! :wave:

Busymom - when it starts working, it will WORK. Hang in there as it might get a bit uncomfortable. I take it you didn't get a 'flavor' packet that make it taste slightly better than slimy salt water?!

Dear Lord, please help Busymom through to the big flush! Amen!

Oh thank god I'm done. Thank you for your prayer, really touched me. I wasn't offered flavored one. It took 2 hours to start to work, not much yet but we'll see. I'm freezing though, probably from drinking cold liquid for 3 hours, have a warm blanket, hot magic bad and heating pad. No cramps though, with citro mag i had horrible cramps

shathom
05-18-2012, 03:31 PM
I am 100%, I'm afraid to cheat! I'm determined to make my goal and from what I've been reading about the successes on IP, I'm gonna make it:carrot::carrot:

salmongirl
05-18-2012, 03:53 PM
Hey 100%ers, sounds like everyone is having a great day except for Busymom! Yuck, I have had to drink that too and it was DISGUSTING! But, I must say I *&@% a ring around the moon and felt so much better! Hope it works for you too!

LizRR
05-18-2012, 04:23 PM
Busymom..waiting for the flush heard round the forum! Just picture us all cheering you on around the potty!

Busymomx4
05-18-2012, 05:40 PM
hi, thanks for all your whooshy wishes. It started to work after two hours (vs 1 hour) but i don't think it worked 100% as i never made it to where its "clear water" and aren't going anymore, not sure what to do when that happens, lol. I will start tonight with the senakot and colace and will see if i go in the next few days...if not then that means the blockage is still there, i sure hope not! I'm going for xrays this week so i'll know more then.

Really don't want to ever do this again, the drinking part was the worst, lol.

Thank you all for your well wishes and i still can't believe how i'm talking about my bathroom issues so openly, lol.

Tripmama
05-18-2012, 07:09 PM
100% and up a half pound, but still !losing!

I agree! that everyone should stay on this thread...forever! WE need to know that all phases work and that we can do it

LSJ100
05-18-2012, 07:18 PM
Hi everyone! I've missed you all and it has been so great to catch up on everything. You all are such an inspiration to me. I experienced my first "disappointing" WI today (down .6 and 0 in, not TOM) but I think my body is just catching up. I'm proudly 100% so I'm just gonna keep doing what I'm doing. With each post I read on here I felt better and better. You all are the best! Have a bachelorette party tomorrow for my best friend and I'm not even worried...100% all the way!

DanafromAustin
05-18-2012, 07:52 PM

Dana - cant believe you've had to do this more than once
Three times to be exact, once every 5 years, and it's time again this year. You can now understand why I dread it each time. I have a very strong gag reflex, so getting that stuff down is next to impossible for me.

hi, thanks for all your whooshy wishes. It started to work after two hours (vs 1 hour) but i don't think it worked 100% as i never made it to where its "clear water" and aren't going anymore, not sure what to do when that happens, lol. I will start tonight with the senakot and colace and will see if i go in the next few days...if not then that means the blockage is still there, i sure hope not! I'm going for xrays this week so i'll know more then.

Thank you all for your well wishes and i still can't believe how i'm talking about my bathroom issues so openly, lol.
You will feel the effects long after you finish taking it most likely. After this you should be able to talk to us about just about anything, lol. ;)

Busymomx4
05-18-2012, 08:00 PM
Three times to be exact, once every 5 years, and it's time again this year. You can now understand why I dread it each time. I have a very strong gag reflex, so getting that stuff down is next to impossible for me.

You will feel the effects long after you finish taking it most likely. After this you should be able to talk to us about just about anything, lol. ;)

I feel really really bad for you, i think i would rather do anything but to drink this again.

I haven't gone again for the past 3-4 hours so i think i'm done. Don't think i'm totally empty but we'll see how it is on the xrays.

I don't have a strong gag reflex but this thing sure gave me one. I gag just thinking about it, lol.

Crustybuns
05-18-2012, 11:36 PM
Has anyone had problems with the IP pudding going "funny" I have been making the whole box up in little containers... and never had any trouble, but this time they kinda smell yeasty *bla*

Ishbel
05-19-2012, 10:49 AM
So, I had an interesting ride phasing off, lost nothing in Phase 2, stressed me out to the max lol. I lost 5 in phase 3! This morning I'm 159, which is where I wanted to be when I started maintenance (actually I wanted to be 160). I'm pretty happy right now!

I think I did a pretty good job phasing off while traveling, I even had the opportunity to review the nutrients list on various breads before I picked one.

In Grade 7 health class I was teamed up with two of my friends (skinny mini's) and we were doing body analysis on fat. So we learned the calipers and had to weigh each other. I was mortified in Grade 7 to be 162...so as of today, I don't know where I am in my life weight wise...I'm sure still grade 7 :)!!

So I thought I'd share with you, my goal ring....(it's attached which I'm hoping is obvious on this post). It looks like two rings, 5 sapphires on one, (me before), 3 sapphires on another (me after) and a string of diamonds over top of them (I was different but I'm still one). :D I know, kinda corny...but I'm very sentimental like that. I tried to have it engraved (like my 100 lbs ring) but the engraver couldn't, so I'll try a gold smith one day...don't want to give it up right now. I wear it on my right hand so I can see it at all times.

Darralyn
05-19-2012, 11:24 AM
So, I had an interesting ride phasing off, lost nothing in Phase 2, stressed me out to the max lol. I lost 5 in phase 3! This morning I'm 159, which is where I wanted to be when I started maintenance (actually I wanted to be 160). I'm pretty happy right now!

I think I did a pretty good job phasing off while traveling, I even had the opportunity to review the nutrients list on various breads before I picked one.

In Grade 7 health class I was teamed up with two of my friends (skinny mini's) and we were doing body analysis on fat. So we learned the calipers and had to weigh each other. I was mortified in Grade 7 to be 162...so as of today, I don't know where I am in my life weight wise...I'm sure still grade 7 :)!!

So I thought I'd share with you, my goal ring....(it's attached which I'm hoping is obvious on this post). It looks like two rings, 5 sapphires on one, (me before), 3 sapphires on another (me after) and a string of diamonds over top of them (I was different but I'm still one). :D I know, kinda corny...but I'm very sentimental like that. I tried to have it engraved (like my 100 lbs ring) but the engraver couldn't, so I'll try a gold smith one day...don't want to give it up right now. I wear it on my right hand so I can see it at all times.

Your ring is so beautiful and what a wonderful sentiment! That is so clever! I wish the very best in your maintenance; you have really done a great job!!:broc: You inspire me!! :)

Darralyn
05-19-2012, 11:28 AM

Sorry it is not a total clean house!! Hope you get your blockage dealt with soon; it must be horribly uncomfortable! I am still rooting for you.:carrot:

JellyMae87
05-19-2012, 12:01 PM

I love the ring... Thats actually pretty clever... not corny...

We shall name her Sassy "the ring" LOL

DanafromAustin
05-19-2012, 12:03 PM
I feel really really bad for you, i think i would rather do anything but to drink this again.

I haven't gone again for the past 3-4 hours so i think i'm done. Don't think i'm totally empty but we'll see how it is on the xrays.

I don't have a strong gag reflex but this thing sure gave me one. I gag just thinking about it, lol.
My father died of colon cancer, so all of us (my two brothers and myself) get tested once every 5 years. I start gagging on this stuff even as I start to take it because my memory won't let it go from the 5 years earlier. The actual test is a piece of cake, it's the prep that is horrible. Either way, I hope this helped you a lot.

WTG middle schooler! ;) Your ring is just beautiful as you look in your pictures now. This gets me thinking... I have 12 pounds to go before I hit the 100 mark. What are some of the things y'all did to mark such a special event?

wuv2bloved
05-19-2012, 12:04 PM
I agree with Jelly, not corny at all. I haven't made up my mind yet as to what my goal "gift" to myself will be. I still have time to think about it....lol..but I do know it will be some type of jewelry so that I never take it off :)

NewPath
05-19-2012, 12:06 PM
Good afternoon friends! I hope that everyone had a successful week. I caught up on most of the threads last night, it sure sounds like we are all a much lighter bunch. Yay!
Today I am having a tough time getting myself motivated and busy. I had a very challenging week at work, with tons of testing and end-of-the-year stuff to get done....with kids who have already "checked out" for the summer. In addition, my TOM from **** just arrived, 10 days late. Tomorrow is weigh in day. I know better, but I am stressing out about how hard I have worked and how, potentially, the scale might show a lot of water weight. And...I am in pain..which is NOT usual for me. I so over thinking this. My worrying is ruining my feelings of success that I was feeling up until this morning. I think that what this tells me about myself is that a weight gain or non weight loss will potentially make me feel like a failure and potentially more vulnerable to cheating or ....I don't know what. I have not cheated once. I even bought WF products this week, and only used one teaspoon...once!!!!!
Please do not think that I am weird. I know that IP is a process. I know that the weight will come off. I know that I look so much different than I did, even different than I looked a week ago. Why am I so worried about failing?
I did have two tasty luncheons at work, which I completely stayed 100% during, I just brought my own "goods". I am feeling GREAT, no more afternoon dizzies. I am gradually becoming more energetic and motivted....except for....right now!
Have a great day everyone! Thanks for hearing me through my estrogen laced rant!

Tripmama
05-19-2012, 12:08 PM
So after a good night's sleep, I stayed at my sisters, I hopped on her scale and was down three pounds...so this week's WI should be a dandy!

wuv2bloved
05-19-2012, 12:08 PM
Good afternoon friends! I hope that everyone had a successful week. II caught up on most of the threads last night, it sure sounds like a we are all a much lighter bunch. Yay!
Today I am having a tough time getting myself motivated and busy. I had a very challenging week at work, with tons of testing and end-of-the-year stuff to get done....with kids who have already "checked out" for the summer. In addition, my TOM from **** just arrived, 10 days late. Tomorrow is weigh in day. I know better, but I am stressing out about how hard I have worked and how, potentially, the scale might show a lot of water weight. And...I am in pain..which is NOT usual for me. I so over thinking this. My worrying is ruining my feelings of success that I was feeling up until this morning. I think that what this tells me about myself is that a weight gain or non weight loss will potentially make me feel like a failure and potentially more vulnerable to cheating or ....I don't know what. I have not cheated once. I even bought WF products this week, and only used one teaspoon...once!!!!!
Please do not think that I am weird. I know that IP is a process. I know that the weight will come off. I know that I look so much different than I did, even different than I looked a week ago. Why am I so worried about failing?
I did have two tasty luncheons at work, which I completely stayed 100% during, I just brought my own "goods". I am feeling GREAT, no more afternoon dizzies. I am gradually becoming more energetic and motivted....except for....right now!
Have a great day everyone! Thanks for hearing me through my estrogen laced rant!:dizzy:

:hug:You are just PMS'ing:hug: no worries, you will be fine and RANT all you want, we have all been there:dizzy:

Crustybuns
05-19-2012, 12:15 PM

That ring is absolutely stunning

DanafromAustin
05-19-2012, 12:16 PM
I've realized in the last few days that I've entered what I call the danger zone in regards to weight loss and diets. This is about the time when you start to feel like you have been on a diet for a very long time, you are starting to look pretty normal, everyone is telling you how great you look, and that you really don't need to loose a lot more.

I still have a lot more to loose as 177 is still way too much to weigh for me, and of course I'm not stopping till I'm done, but I have to wonder how those of you who were at this point handled it.

JellyMae87
05-19-2012, 12:23 PM
I agree with Jelly, not corny at all. I haven't made up my mind yet as to what my goal "gift" to myself will be. I still have time to think about it....lol..but I do know it will be some type of jewelry so that I never take it off :)

I still havn't figured out what I want to do either... I know that I DO want it to be something memerable so that I can be thankful for my accomplishment... We will see!!

I've realized in the last few days that I've entered what I call the danger zone in regards to weight loss and diets. This is about the time when you start to feel like you have been on a diet for a very long time, you are starting to look pretty normal, everyone is telling you how great you look, and that you really don't need to loose a lot more.

I still have a lot more to loose as 177 is still way too much to weigh for me, and of course I'm not stopping till I'm done, but I have to wonder how those of you who were at this point handled it.

I have been here for a bout a month now... I think that its because I know that I am looking good, but I know that I will look better...
But I feel like I am so close to just giving up... I often have arguments with myself daily these days

wuv2bloved
05-19-2012, 12:25 PM
I have been here for a bout a month now... I think that its because I know that I am looking good, but I know that I will look better...
But I feel like I am so close to just giving up... I ofter have arguments with myself daily these days

NOT an option!!...I will come to WA and KICK your tail missy!I will NOT let that happen!

Ishbel
05-19-2012, 12:51 PM
WTG middle schooler! ;) Your ring is just beautiful as you look in your pictures now. This gets me thinking... I have 12 pounds to go before I hit the 100 mark. What are some of the things y'all did to mark such a special event?

I thought and thought and thought and one night right before I fell asleep "get a thumb ring" - so I got a white gold hammered band and it's engraved "100 lbs gone forever" and I don't take it off.

I love the ring... Thats actually pretty clever... not corny...

We shall name her Sassy "the ring" LOL

HAHAHA, got you guys naming things now! :)

I really REALLY thought about what I wanted as a goal ring...and I searched and searched. Even found one (at 96 lbs maybe) that I thought would be good, but didn't buy it when I reached goal so I realized that if I really wanted THAT ring, I would have bought it. So I kept looking until I found this one two weeks ago and fell in love. My mom and I talked a lot, everyone in my family knows I'm a jewelery hound...and I originally thought of diamond earings. But she said "no, it needs to be something you see everyday, like a tattoo or a ring...the ring will help you when you eat to remember". So I went with a right hand ring, I'm right handed and use it a lot to eat! lol (I already have two tattoos and I am in the mode of jewelry now ;))

I still havn't figured out what I want to do either... I know that I DO want it to be something memerable so that I can be thankful for my accomplishment... We will see!!

But I feel like I am so close to just giving up... I often have arguments with myself daily these days

This is where you make the list of why you decided to be on this diet (I included health and looking better etc etc - really put some thought into it) and how much your life has already improved (I really put a lot of thought into this too - including better s*x (tee hee)) with your before and right now pictures (posted that I did that for a vacation but used it when I was feeling "done" to get me through the last bit). AND, that it takes a month to phase off anyway...SO might as well keep swimming or as Patns has posted "keep on keeping on".

It's all a mental game and with more then a 100 lbs to loose, it's a mental marathon...you can do this...you can. :)

Cadu
05-19-2012, 04:10 PM

The ring is beautiful.. and I love the story behind it. not corny at all.

Stefany1769
05-19-2012, 04:49 PM
I know I have already shared this on the daily thread but I wanted to share it with my fellow 100%'s as well. Have a fun day today!

NSV to post:
I crossed my arms under my chest yesterday at work and I no longer had a shelf of fat there to hold them up or protrude out from underneath my arms! Great feeling, it has always made me paranoid when my fat rolls were visible.
2nd NSV:
I am happy to say that I will be losing my weight just in time for my wedding! I just got engaged on the 15th and we will be getting married on November 3rd.

Headed out for my WI, catch you'll later!

ptod
05-19-2012, 05:26 PM
So I thought I'd share with you, my goal ring....(it's attached which I'm hoping is obvious on this post). It looks like two rings, 5 sapphires on one, (me before), 3 sapphires on another (me after) and a string of diamonds over top of them (I was different but I'm still one). :D I know, kinda corny...but I'm very sentimental like that.

We love corny! JellyMae is right on! Sassy!!!

This gets me thinking... I have 12 pounds to go before I hit the 100 mark. What are some of the things y'all did to mark such a special event?

Maybe I need to get on the bandwagon on this one. I never thought of marking that milestone, but I might have to rethink it. There will come a time on the journey that something tangible could be a source of strength to continue. Think, think, think.... :chin:

NOT an option!!...I will come to WA and KICK your tail missy!I will NOT let that happen!

Wuv - I will swing through the south and pick you up. We should get Ishbel as well. She has muscles - I've seen them. Do you think my GPS could find her in Saskatchewan?

Ishbel
05-19-2012, 05:27 PM
BUSYMOM UPDATE:

She asked me to update everyone.

So she's in the hosptial and they took an xray and confirmed she's got something going on down there. They gave her a new drink to try that she has to take while at the hospital and then this evening and then tomorrow morning. The drink is full of sugar so now she's pretty upset :(! Can't say that I blame her (even though I assured her that her health is important...I would be upset too!).

She has to see a specialist too...please send her healthy, strong and healing thoughts.

JellyMae87
05-19-2012, 06:08 PM
BUSYMOM UPDATE:

So she's in the hosptial and they took an xray and confirmed she's got something going on down there. They gave her a new drink to try that she has to take while at the hospital and then this evening and then tomorrow morning. The drink is full of sugar so now she's pretty upset :(! Can't say that I blame her (even though I assured her that her health is important...I would be upset too!).

She has to see a specialist too...please send her healthy, strong and healing thoughts.

Aww Man... Well hopefully she knows that her health is more important right now... Sending some IP prayers her direction...

patns
05-19-2012, 07:37 PM
Good afternoon friends! I hope that everyone had a successful week. I caught up on most of the threads last night, it sure sounds like we are all a much lighter bunch. Yay!
Have a great day everyone! Thanks for hearing me through my estrogen laced rant!

Hang in there! I'll tell you something to cheer you up. We go right to the last day of June before summer vacation. But our kids aren't too psyched out about it yet because it still cool. Once it warms up the fun begins.

Great plan on bringing your own food to school "special days". seems in school there is one occasion after another to be celebrated with food. Just think how much better you are going to feel this summer with so much more energy.

NewPath
05-19-2012, 08:10 PM
BUSYMOM UPDATE:

We will all use our special prayers and positive energy to send BusyMom on the way to recovery!!! Please tell her that I am thinking about her wish her well. She is doing an amazing job...this little bump will not stop her!!!!!!!

NewPath
05-19-2012, 08:14 PM
Hang in there! I'll tell you something to cheer you up. We go right to the last day of June before summer vacation. But our kids aren't too psyched out about it yet because it still cool. Once it warms up the fun begins.

Great plan on bringing your own food to school "special days". seems in school there is one occasion after another to be celebrated with food. Just think how much better you are going to feel this summer with so much more energy.

Thanks!!! Yes, I feel so much better knowing that my journey has begun. My "thin" atitude and outlook is already returning! You are so right about the constant "foodie fun" at school. I have noticed that when the thin peeps have a celebration at their house, they bring it in and leave it in the lunchroom, for all of the fatties to eat!!!!! Yup!

Cadu
05-19-2012, 08:16 PM
BUSYMOM UPDATE:

She definitely has prayers coming her way. I agree that health is more important right now, she can continue the IP journey when she is better.

Darralyn
05-19-2012, 08:48 PM
BUSYMOM UPDATE:

Wow; this is really scarey! I am so sorry and pray that she is healed with out further complications! God Bless her! :hug:

patns
05-19-2012, 08:50 PM
BUSYMOM UPDATE:

So she's in the hospital and they took an xray and confirmed she's got something going on down there. They gave her a new drink to try that she has to take while at the hospital and then this evening and then tomorrow morning. The drink is full of sugar so now she's pretty upset :(! Can't say that I blame her (even though I assured her that her health is important...I would be upset too!).

Oh no!! I thought it had to be more than constipation. The sugar drink won't be an issue at all. I have to have that test every five years too and you lose a lot of weight just from the prep.
Hopefully she will get some answers quickly now. It must be extremely uncomfortable to be drinking that guck and not getting any relief. I hope they can do something quickly now.
Pat

patns
05-19-2012, 09:01 PM
Thanks!!! Yes, I feel so much better knowing that my journey has begun. My "thin" atitude and outlook is already returning! You are so right about the constant "foodie fun" at school. I have noticed that when the thin peeps have a celebration at their house, they bring it in and leave it in the lunchroom, for all of the fatties to eat!!!!! Yup!

You got that right about the thin peeps bringing the food in!
After I started IP I always bring my own stuff and just don't pay attention to what the "special" occasion is. But I started to wonder why we aren't all very obese instead of just some of us. Then I reaized the "thin peeps" are actually very active. That sure helps a lot too.

The other thing I have noticed is that we teachers seem to eat the same way in that we are so incredibly busy up till about 3:30 we are not even really registering if we are eating or not. But once the last kiddy is out the door we crash and then start eating what ever we can get our hands on because it is the first minute we have to think about ourselves and realize we are hungry.
One thing about working in schools, it is never boring and time flies. and there is always something to laugh about. Kids are so funny.

Pat

Stefany1769
05-19-2012, 09:39 PM
BUSYMOM UPDATE:

Awww busymom, you will get past this! Hugs and prayers shooting your way! :hug:

Busymomx4
05-19-2012, 10:08 PM
Thanks ishbel for posting for me and thanks everyone for all your well wishes.

I am beyond frustrated, how can i still be full after citro mag and golytely??? I took the 2nd dose of that.stupid sugar stuff they gave me and of course its not doing anything. Just took 4 senakots and 2 colace hoping it will help and I'm very tempted to take 2 xstrenght xlax, figured to blast it with all i can. Have to call the gastro but not sure what to do right now in the meantime and really don't want to go spend another 6 hours at the hospital. Don't know why they couldn't empty me today.

Hope you all had a great day, the weather is beautiful here :)

NewPath
05-19-2012, 10:50 PM
Thanks ishbel for posting for me and thanks everyone for all your well wishes.

I am beyond frustrated, how can i still be full after citro mag and golytely??? I took the 2nd dose of that.stupid sugar stuff they gave me and of course its not doing anything. Just took 4 senakots and 2 colace hoping it will help and I'm very tempted to take 2 xstrenght xlax, figured to blast it with all i can. Have to call the gastro but not sure what to do right now in the meantime and really don't want to go spend another 6 hours at the hospital. Don't know why they couldn't empty me today.

Hope you all had a great day, the weather is beautiful here :)

Stay strong BusymomX4. They started you on the "big guns" to get stuff moving. If it is not...you stay at the hospital! Tell them you feel unsafe leavin with a possible obstruction! Let them get someone to see you tomorrow. In my opinion, they want to patch you up quickly because there are no specialist on the weekends. Actually, there are!!!! They are on call. Make yourself a priority insist on action. (My ex was a doc.) Seriously, you are worth it. You will be okay, but finish the job at the hospital!!!! If they cannot do this tonight..then tomorrow.
Love and hugs,
Julie:hug:

Kaypix
05-19-2012, 11:16 PM
Ohmygosh I hope you get better soon! And I'm with Newpath on this one, those doctors get paid enough as it is (or rather, the hospitals do), so they should treat you the way you need and to help you get moving again.