Ideal Protein Diet - IP Daily Chat Tuesday 5/8/12

View Full Version : IP Daily Chat Tuesday 5/8/12

Chloe222
05-08-2012, 08:08 AM
Welcome back to the Daily Chat thread - post your plans for today, share what's been happening, ask questions!

:welcome3:

Some forum lingo:
NSV = Non-scale victory
TOM = time of the month
WI = Weigh-in
WF = Walden Farms
OP = on program

Bookmarking:
Ideal Protein Sub-forum Home page
Consider making it a bookmark or a favorite in your browser so you can come back easily to get your RDA of Ideal Protein information.
Ideal Protein Sub-forum Home Page (http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/ideal-protein-diet-236/)

Information for newbies:
Check the sticky page for lots of good information and please read before asking what might be a frequently asked question here in the daily thread: Information on Ideal Protein phases (1-4), recipes, newbie guide, FAQ, and other important threads. (http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/ideal-protein-diet/238801-ip-ultimate-list-recipes-faq-newbie-guide-other-important-threads.html)

Tickers and Signatures:
There are 2 requirements to have access to signatures and tickers. You must have been a member of 3fatchicks for 20 days AND posted at least 20 messages anywhere on the 3fatchicks forum. When you've met those requirements check The Ultimate Signature and Ticker Thread (http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/announcements-forum-help/203435-ultimate-one-stop-signature-ticker-thread-read-here-if-you-have-questions.html)for more information and instructions.

Quoting:
The best quoting tip (http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/announcements-forum-help/203435-ultimate-one-stop-signature-ticker-thread-read-here-if-you-have-questions.html)- EVER!! Thanks Rosie, aka 6710.

Searching:
If you can't find what you're looking for in this forum using the website search function, try using the "double search" using Google.

1) Go to google.com. Search 3fatchicks by using the term site:3fatchicks.com at the end of your google search.

For example, if you want to look for "big mac in a bowl", type "big mac in a bowl site:3fatchicks.com" in google search. No need to inlucde the quotation marks when you type.

2) This will bring up the page that you are looking for, now hit Ctrl+F to search on that page. Type "big mac in a bowl" and all instances of that search term will be highlighted.

Progress photos:
have been moved to the Mini-Goal Photo Album. (http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/mini-goals-201/)

Other helpful links related to the Ideal Protein diet:
Dr. Tran Tien Chanh's website (http://www.trantiendiet.com/site/spip.php?rubrique19)

Dr. Tran Tien Chanh's book (PDF file): [url="http://www.trantiendiet.com/site/IMG/pdflivre_Dr_Tran.pdf"]The Unbalanced Diet Approach to a Slimmer You

usmcvet
05-08-2012, 08:12 AM
Good morning IP family. I hope all goes well today. Eating breakfast getting ready to go to work. Rainy and cool in Vermont this morning. The buds on the crab apple tree are starting to come out.

Chloe222
05-08-2012, 08:20 AM
Good morning all,
Am behind in reading posts - will read Monday's thread this morning. I missed all of you yesterday - a day w/o 3FC is gray indeed!

Today I start Phase 3 after 2 weeks of Phase 2. Lost 4 pounds during the 2 weeks of Phase 2. Phase 3 allows a robust breakfast so will be interesting. This is all in preparation for an upcoming vacation. Then immediately upon return, back to phase 1 to finish.

Had WI 13 this morning, down 1.2 pounds.

carolirish
05-08-2012, 08:41 AM
Good afternoon all. Starting Day 1 again!!
Things went haywire for the last 4 weeks. Brushing it off and starting again. Phew!

Dakin
05-08-2012, 08:45 AM
Morning all!
I'm still feeling a bit beaten down by the regime of the program. Am going to talk to my coach about phasing to P2 at next WI (about 8 lbs from goal) just to keep my sanity. I truly don't think I can do much more on p1 without breaking protocol. Also I have some travel and a bunch of events in June that will be almost impossible to do on P1. My intention was to phase before those events anyway, but now I'm really thinking about going about 2 weeks early. I think she'll oppose, but can she actually forbid it?
I really need encouragement today. My family is facing some "stuff" today and I'm praying for a good outcome. The rain isn't helping.... I'm feeling blue.
Wishing everyone a great day OP!

0ojoyo0
05-08-2012, 08:46 AM
Good morning all! Doing much better this morning after my cravings almost got the better of me yesterday. I just kept reminding myself of why I want this. I hope I don't have to deal with too many more days like that, because I know that my will power has limits. It seems like so far everyone is getting off to a good start today. Have a great Tuesday!

shathom
05-08-2012, 09:00 AM
Good Morning from Florida! It was 72 degrees on my drive in to work today, gonna be another hot and sticky day! Have a great day all:sunny:

JudoGirl
05-08-2012, 09:15 AM
Good morning IP family. I hope all goes well today. Eating breakfast getting ready to go to work. Rainy and cool in Vermont this morning. The buds on the crab apple tree are starting to come out.

Sounds like a beautiful perfect day...have a great IP Day...
I'm in San Anotnio and last ngith we had storms..but today seems calm..

rissimo
05-08-2012, 09:23 AM
Good Morning IPeeps:
I hope that today finds everyone well. I haven't been on here in the past couple of weeks. I have been busy with a chuch play that I got asked to be in at the last minute. I only had 2 weeks to learn my part whereas everyone else has had months. Then weigh in last week I was up 2 pounds and this weigh in I am up another 1 pound. Such is life I guess. I didn't do anything different, except being a little off schedule these past 2 weeks. I am going to have to read and catch up on everything. I don't know if the gain has anything to do with all that or if my body is fighting with me because I do not have much more to lose. Could be the devil trying to get at me as well, which ever it is, I am not going to let it get me down. I am going to fight tooth and nail to make sure that it does not keep creeping back up. It is not going to get the best of me. I have worked to hard and have come too far to give in.

Congratulations on all the losses so far and good luck to those who still have to weigh in. I sure have missed everyone here. I was having terrible with drawls. I do so look forward on getting on here and chatting with everyone and seeing how everyone is doing.

Oh, I have to tell you, I have a girlfriend that started this last week. She was real hesitant because she didn't think she could do this. Was afraid that she wouldn't beable to handle cooking something for her husband and mother and them something different for herself. She said that she fell off the wagon once, but jumped right back on. Well she sent me an email yesterday to give me an update and she has lost 13 1/2 pounds. I am so proud of her. She is doing the Alternative for diabetic's plan. I told her that I am going to be the little voice in her head asking her which is better, 5 minutes of pleasure for whatever she is wanting to eat, or years of pleasure because she is much healthier. Her first mini goal is to lose 50 pounds. She stated that she has never been small in her enitre life and she does not know how she will react when she loses her weight.

Have to run for now, gotta get some work done. Will pop back in later.

auroragrl
Today is a new day for me - still feel a little overwhelmed and sad - but maybe it will get better as the day goes. Gotta try the soy burger this morning. Have to admit - I'm thinking it may not be the best - but will give it a shot. :) Have a great Tuesday everyone!

Meadow Wheeler
Good morning from MT. Looks like it is a gorgeous one. I am struggling with sore muscles after wrestling with a tire on Sunday. (I was trying to turn the tire inside out to make a flower pot. Whew...what a workout. Planning on walking during my work breaks today to see if I can loosen up the muscles a bit. Then tonight I will be shooting my bow with my DH...that should help the arm muscles too. :) Have a wonderful day all!

KBig
05-08-2012, 09:24 AM
Good Morn'ting IPeeps.

I slept like a baby last night..... and Im in a grrrrrreat mood.

WI #4 this eve....

Wishing everyone weighing in .... hope you all are LOSERS!!! (big L on the forehead)

:carrot:

Samba
05-08-2012, 09:28 AM
Morning all!
I'm still feeling a bit beaten down by the regime of the program. Am going to talk to my coach about phasing to P2 at next WI (about 8 lbs from goal) just to keep my sanity. I truly don't think I can do much more on p1 without breaking protocol. Also I have some travel and a bunch of events in June that will be almost impossible to do on P1. My intention was to phase before those events anyway, but now I'm really thinking about going about 2 weeks early. I think she'll oppose, but can she actually forbid it?
I really need encouragement today. My family is facing some "stuff" today and I'm praying for a good outcome. The rain isn't helping.... I'm feeling blue.

I haven't come to the other phases yet. I can't imagine not being allowed to phse onward if that is what you need to do. You are close to goal and may lose on P2 also. I have noticed that the challenges of sticking to plan wax and wane. I have always hoped no extra stressors would crop up. I hope that you can find a way through the tough times. Hang in there and stick to whayptever phase you are doing. That will still be so good for you!

mylastdiet
05-08-2012, 09:32 AM
Good morning all. I have WI#4 in a few hours and I'm sooo looking forward to it! Isn't that strange? After years of avoiding weighing myself away from home, now I actually look forward to the "official" weigh in.

I must admit, I began restricteds this week and had one everyday for my snack. I feel as though I totally indulged, but it was all 100% OP. I am a little excited and nervous to see what impact this had on the scales. I feel smaller and lighter, so I am happy with this weeks results (whatever they may be).

Will check in later with the results!

Cole3
05-08-2012, 09:36 AM
Morning all !! My WI is tomorrow and I wish it would come faster ... I KNOW I will be under 200 and I am so excited to see it !!!! It is amazing how much of a difference I notice already after just 5 weeks. Last night I was STARVING because we ate dinner late because my daughter had softball practice so while I was waiting I munched on some kale chips. KALE it is amazing to me because normally the time between when I got home from work and ate dinner was my worst time. I would eat anything in sight (literally) .... and now I had some veggies and was good to go until dinner at 8. I have been on MANY diets ... I am sure most of us have ... but I have to say this is the easiest thing I have ever done.

Lala0620
05-08-2012, 09:37 AM
Starting Day 5 today, feeling great and tested positive for ketones. I am loving this diet so far and so excited this forum exists for motivation, support and encouragement!

Cole3
05-08-2012, 09:40 AM
Good morning all. I have WI#4 in a few hours and I'm sooo looking forward to it! Isn't that strange? After years of avoiding weighing myself away from home, now I actually look forward to the "official" weigh in.

I must admit, I began restricteds this week and had one everyday for my snack. I feel as though I totally indulged, but it was all 100% OP. I am a little excited and nervous to see what impact this had on the scales. I feel smaller and lighter, so I am happy with this weeks results (whatever they may be).

I am the same way I LOVE WI day. Such a difference for me as well I said this before but I did weight watchers for a long time and my WI/meeting day was always my least favorite day of the week. I hated going ... I hated stepping on that scale ... I hated everything about it. Guess this plan is a better fit for both of us !!!! Good luck tonight :)

mtnsun4
05-08-2012, 09:48 AM
Good morning all! I was happy to see Miranda last night posting on the boards. Great to see you back!
I saw my coach last night after not being able to for 3 weeks. She was 10 min. late- I almost left her office. But, met with her and got weighed with measurements. Didn't loose as many inches as I thought but I DID loose so that is what is important.
I remember someone in the past posted a link to a website that you could order IP products from and it was not IP to go. Does anyone know what I am referring to? If so, can you re-post? I think I will consider ordering directly from there for IP products. Thanks!

rissimo
05-08-2012, 10:15 AM
Good morning all! I was happy to see Miranda last night posting on the boards. Great to see you back!
I saw my coach last night after not being able to for 3 weeks. She was 10 min. late- I almost left her office. But, met with her and got weighed with measurements. Didn't loose as many inches as I thought but I DID loose so that is what is important.
I remember someone in the past posted a link to a website that you could order IP products from and it was not IP to go. Does anyone know what I am referring to? If so, can you re-post? I think I will consider ordering directly from there for IP products. Thanks!

It is buyproteinfood.com

Darralyn
05-08-2012, 10:17 AM
Morning all!

Sorry you are blue; here's a hug!:hug:
You are doing great! Twenty pounds down since March, WOW!:broc:

usmcvet
05-08-2012, 10:18 AM
Morning all!

Dakin

:hug::hug::hug:

You should be driving the bus. It is your choice and if you think it is time then you should do what is right for you. Crummy cold rain up her in VT too. I'm stuck in my office w/o any windows right now and on the way to a meeting after a stop at the bathroom that 40 oz of water from breakfast wants out!

Sewmam
05-08-2012, 10:29 AM
Good morning everybody! Rise and shine!!! It's a cool blue sky morning here. Gorgeous...

It dawned on me last night, that I finally moved into the 'fitness' range for my body fat%, so that may mean that at least some of the weight I gained over the past month of maintenance is muscle! That's kinda cool... My coach was so excited because I was 'in the green' and now I understand why.

Anyway, I am back on track. I will get done what I get done on the house, I will make sure I make my meals as tasty and thoughtful as possible, so as to avoid the urge to eat stuff I didn't plan on. I hesitate to say 'cheat' because really, you can eat anything in maintenance, you just deal with it after the fact. I just want to stay within control.

Well a friend is coming over shortly to fix the outside electrical outlet, so I gotta run.

Hope you all have perfectly splendid, happy days and enjoy every bite of your food ! ;)

Darralyn
05-08-2012, 10:30 AM
:cheer3::cheer3:
Good morning all! It is a beautiful sunny morning here in the Northwest and I am looking forward to some! This always lifts my spirits!

Wishing everyone a 100% IP day today!

We can do this together!:cheer3::cheer3:

CassiR
05-08-2012, 10:35 AM
Morning everyone!
I hope everyone has great WI's today and stays OP.

I planned on having a rest day from exercising yesterday but ended up going anyways! Well part of it is because I indulged on an extra packet.. and in p3 we are to just have one as our snack. Anyways, so I headed to the gym in my apartment and planned on only doing maybe 30 minutes on the bike or something small. NOPE. I ended up doing 30 on the eliptical (interval training- this is not easy) and another 20 on the bike. I'm finding I really enjoy working out now and prefer it for stress release. Yay! I just hope I can continue with it. We'll see if I "feel" like it tonight. That will make 4/4 days exercised in p3.
I peeked at the scale this morning as I do everyday and I'm still at goal weight since starting phase 3. I'm so paranoid :)

skinnybride2be
05-08-2012, 10:42 AM
Good Morning Everyone!

I have to say I've had a pretty good morning so far! Made a very yummy "miracle" rice pudding for breakfast. I used the miracle rice, then added a packet of vanilla drink mix, splash of vanilla extract, one sugar packet, and cinnamon and it was yummy! And for lunch today, I used canned tuna with WF chipotle mayo, salt & pepper with cucumbers on the side. Should be good! Have a great day!

salmongirl
05-08-2012, 10:45 AM
Dakin, sorry to hear you are having such a hard time. I hope you can see the light at the end of the tunnel.
I have my WI#16 today and I think it will go well.
It is a beautiful day here in Salmon Idaho! I love summer and it is definetly on it's way.
I hope everyone has a great and successful 100% OP day.

Samba
05-08-2012, 10:50 AM
Made it through a tough day yesterday. I really wanted to comfort myself with food. Oh my, what a dreadful coping mechanism. That has to change! I do much better than I used too. But, no matter what, I will be on a "restricted to some degree" eating plan for the rest of my life. I am accepting the injustice of that more every day.

Beautiful morning in mid MO! I aired up my car tires and got gas early. I am about to load my bike and dogs. Should be great riding!:carrot:

Also, I got a new wig yesterday. So much fun! I painted my nails too. It is so strange that I actually have some concern for how I look. I enjoy putting on clothes and make up, now. When I was obese, I really had given up on all that. :(

doublebaby
05-08-2012, 11:12 AM
Good Morning IPeeps:
I hope that today finds everyone well. I haven't been on here in the past couple of weeks. I have been busy with a chuch play that I got asked to be in at the last minute. I only had 2 weeks to learn my part whereas everyone else has had months. Then weigh in last week I was up 2 pounds and this weigh in I am up another 1 pound. Such is life I guess. I didn't do anything different, except being a little off schedule these past 2 weeks. I am going to have to read and catch up on everything. I don't know if the gain has anything to do with all that or if my body is fighting with me because I do not have much more to lose. Could be the devil trying to get at me as well, which ever it is, I am not going to let it get me down. I am going to fight tooth and nail to make sure that it does not keep creeping back up. It is not going to get the best of me. I have worked to hard and have come too far to give in.

Congratulations on all the losses so far and good luck to those who still have to weigh in. I sure have missed everyone here. I was having terrible with drawls. I do so look forward on getting on here and chatting with everyone and seeing how everyone is doing.

Oh, I have to tell you, I have a girlfriend that started this last week. She was real hesitant because she didn't think she could do this. Was afraid that she wouldn't beable to handle cooking something for her husband and mother and them something different for herself. She said that she fell off the wagon once, but jumped right back on. Well she sent me an email yesterday to give me an update and she has lost 13 1/2 pounds. I am so proud of her. She is doing the Alternative for diabetic's plan. I told her that I am going to be the little voice in her head asking her which is better, 5 minutes of pleasure for whatever she is wanting to eat, or years of pleasure because she is much healthier. Her first mini goal is to lose 50 pounds. She stated that she has never been small in her enitre life and she does not know how she will react when she loses her weight.

Glad you're back!! We've missed you. I'm sure you have been out of your regular routine which doesn't help either. What does and will help you is your wonderful attitude. Stay strong and you know how to win at this!!!!

Lala0620
05-08-2012, 11:13 AM
Does anyone know if Zippfizz is okay on this diet? Reading the nutrition label it looks like it, but I'm new and not sure if I'm missing something?

from Zipfizz website:
Zipfizz contains 25 nutritional ingredients:
9 VITAMINS: vitamins C, E, all the Bs, and folate
8 MINERALS: potassium, magnesium, calcium, zinc, selenium, manganese, chromium, sodium
ELECTROLYTES: magnesium, potassium
AMINO ACIDS: arginine, taurine
ANTIOXIDANTS: green tea extract, vitamins C and E
THE 4 G’S: Grape seed extract, Ginger, Green tea and Ginseng

Karen71
05-08-2012, 11:14 AM
Almost done first week. First WI tomorrow and cannot wait!!! Been OP 100% and trying all the foods. Definitely know what I like and DO NOT like. Need to start searching for ideas on the IP meals. Did not think it would be so hard to get in 4 cups of vegies a day. YIKES! Doing it though.

Hope everyone has a great day!

Lala0620
05-08-2012, 11:17 AM
Almost done first week. First WI tomorrow and cannot wait!!! Been OP 100% and trying all the foods. Definitely know what I like and DO NOT like. Need to start searching for ideas on the IP meals. Did not think it would be so hard to get in 4 cups of vegies a day. YIKES! Doing it though.

Karen71 - I was having trouble getting my veggies in, but then started adding the 2 cups of broccoli, cauliflower and/or zucchini to my soup at lunch and its very satisfying and easy!

Jag23
05-08-2012, 11:27 AM
Sounds like the weather is going to treat us all well today. Its great to start the day off with sunshine.
Doing well on OP and I walked 6 k yesterday. My sister on the east coast (I'm on the west coast) has entered us in a 10K marathon in June. So I have to get in shape for that. Today after work I am going swimming,and plan to cycle tomorrow for 2 hrs.
Sounds like everyone here is staying strong....Have an awesome day

sanaroph
05-08-2012, 11:38 AM
:wave: Good morning all :wave:

Been pretty busy the last few days with DD birthday and trying to get yardwork done in between the rains to prepare the backyard for spring & summer season.

I never mow because I break out in hives but given we have so much rain in the past and for the rest of the week I thought it best to just cover up and start the electric mower so my husband wont have to worry about it when he gets home from work! Poor mower died when I did only 1/3 of the lawn. Then since I was on a roll , took out the electric edger and it too died before I could finish :lol: So much for green living!

Wanted to wish everyone a great NSV and weight loss. May the whoosh fairy be by your side

Have a great day! :wave:

IPdivajen
05-08-2012, 11:41 AM
Jealous of all of you having good weather - it's rainy and miserable here today and I have a headache as a result! Too much to do at work and the headache makes it harder. Gah.

WI tonight - fingers crossed for another good number. Looks like TOM is just around the corner so we'll see what impact that has.

Happy Tuesday!

Cadu
05-08-2012, 11:52 AM
Good morning all,
Am behind in reading posts - will read Monday's thread this morning. I missed all of you yesterday - a day w/o 3FC is gray indeed!

Today I start Phase 3 after 2 weeks of Phase 2. Lost 4 pounds during the 2 weeks of Phase 2. Phase 3 allows a robust breakfast so will be interesting. This is all in preparation for an upcoming vacation. Then immediately upon return, back to phase 1 to finish.

Had WI 13 this morning, down 1.2 pounds.

Chloe, I am so jealous of you doing phase 3. I am soooo looking forward to that P3 breakfast. enjoy it!

Good afternoon all. Starting Day 1 again!!
Things went haywire for the last 4 weeks. Brushing it off and starting again. Phew!

Welcome back Carol.. you can do this!

Morning all!

awww DAkin I am so sorry you are feeling beaten down. I dont see why your coach would say no.. I mean it is your journey. If she does, cant you just change your goal to meet the protocol?? Hang in there.. I will also being sending positive vibes to you and your family.

Good Morning IPeeps:
I hope that today finds everyone well. I haven't been on here in the past couple of weeks.

Good to see you back..

Good Morn'ting IPeeps.

I slept like a baby last night..... and Im in a grrrrrreat mood.

WI #4 this eve....
:

Good luck tonight

Good morning all. I have WI#4 in a few hours and I'm sooo looking forward to it! Isn't that strange? After years of avoiding weighing myself away from home, now I actually look forward to the "official" weigh in.!

Good luck at WI

Made it through a tough day yesterday. I really wanted to comfort myself with food. Oh my, what a dreadful coping mechanism. That has to change! I do much better than I used too. But, no matter what, I will be on a "restricted to some degree" eating plan for the rest of my life. I am accepting the injustice of that more every day.
:(

So glad you are feeling better Samba

Jealous of all of you having good weather - it's rainy and miserable here today and I have a headache as a result! Too much to do at work and the headache makes it harder. Gah.

WI tonight - fingers crossed for another good number. Looks like TOM is just around the corner so we'll see what impact that has.

Happy Tuesday!

Its miserable here today too. Good luck at WI

Good morning everybody
I am posting late today for I had to catch up on some stuff around here this morning. Have a great day everbody

Minnie5
05-08-2012, 12:02 PM
Morning all!
I'm still feeling a bit beaten down by the regime of the program.

DAKIN- I will pray for you and your family,I hope everything works out for you.
Ignore the rain! After every rain there is a rainbow, somewhere!:hug:

usmcvet
05-08-2012, 12:08 PM
Karen71 - I was having trouble getting my veggies in, but then started adding the 2 cups of broccoli, cauliflower and/or zucchini to my soup at lunch and its very satisfying and easy!

I like to add veggies to my omelet in the morning, There were more mushrooms in my omelet this morning than omelet! It tasted great. Sometimes it is green peppers and mushrooms, no time for peppers this morning so extra mushrooms. Raw onion is great too. I have half of a large cucumber with me today and 1/4 head of lettuce too. It really helps fill me up and keeps me satisfied.

:cb::broc::carrot:

mooselover
05-08-2012, 12:10 PM
Good Morning IPeeps:

I missed seeing you on here. Your attitude is awesome!!! I have a couple of girlfriends who started IP after I did and they are doing great too. Keep up the great attitude and that stubborn weight will come off :)

Minnie5
05-08-2012, 12:21 PM
Morning All!
Weight loss slowed a bit, but still happy :wave:
Down 15 lbs on week 6!
I hope everyone has a great day! :angel:
OMG! Big Mac in a bowl! Awesome!

Manda Marie
05-08-2012, 12:44 PM
Hi Everyone,

Looking for some advice for going on vacation. I'll be gone for a week at the beach with my two best girlfriends.
I plan on going off plan, within reason. I'll do packets for breakfast and lunch w/veggies, but I'll allow myself some leeway for dinner and a few drinks. We'll be crazy active swimming in the ocean. I'm not going to worry about losing that week, just I really don't want to gain.
Any advice on how to not shock my system? My coach says just go off plan and then go back on. I feel like I should eat a warm-up piece of bread or have a pre-vacay glass of wine or something.

Lace and Levis
05-08-2012, 01:01 PM
Good Morning from Florida! It was 72 degrees on my drive in to work today, gonna be another hot and sticky day! Have a great day all:sunny:

WOW, I'm so jealous! We were excited to wake up to sunshine and now it's 60 degrees here in Washington. I can't even imagine what it would be like to have 70+ weather at 5 am. Have a great IP day!

Soootiff
05-08-2012, 01:04 PM
Morning everyone! I stayed home from work today since I have 3 classes and boat loads of homework to do and it's due Thursday. Hopefully I'll get it all done.
I hope to also watch the movie "Fat, Sick and Nearly Dead" while I'm getting homework done. I've heard good things about the movie. We will see.

3 more days until WI#6. I plan on getting to the gym this evening and I have been adding in the egg whites and having a mug cake each day to hopefully help with my mood and WI. Last week my BF was up a tiny percent (though I was down a few lbs and inches), so my coach wanted me to add more protein. Hopefully this will do it.

Hope everyone has a great day, and I stay motivated to get the homework done! :)

Momto2cs
05-08-2012, 01:07 PM
Hi Everyone,

Looking for some advice for going on vacation. I'll be gone for a week at the beach with my two best girlfriends.
I plan on going off plan, within reason. I'll do packets for breakfast and lunch w/veggies, but I'll allow myself some leeway for dinner and a few drinks. We'll be crazy active swimming in the ocean. I'm not going to worry about losing that week, just I really don't want to gain.
Any advice on how to not shock my system? My coach says just go off plan and then go back on. I feel like I should eat a warm-up piece of bread or have a pre-vacay glass of wine or something.

I would try to avoid bread as much as possible. Try to keep your meals fairly low carb, and stay away from fruity drinks. Expect some bloating, and probably some gain, but get back on phase 1 as soon as you are back and you should be fine!

LizRR
05-08-2012, 01:17 PM

Where in VT are you? When I lived in Boston we did a winter ski house in Killington. I also visited some great B&B's in Weston and Stowe. I still go up there at least once a year to visit with friends in Mendon (to ski at Killington/Pico).

Sounds like a beautiful perfect day...have a great IP Day...
I'm in San Anotnio and last ngith we had storms..but today seems calm..

I'm in Dallas and my dad is up this week from San Antonio. Y'all got our storm system finally! Although it looks like another one is brewing up here soon - I don't mind though since the cloud cover is cooling us off finally!

Today is a new day for me - still feel a little overwhelmed and sad - but maybe it will get better as the day goes. Gotta try the soy burger this morning. Have to admit - I'm thinking it may not be the best - but will give it a shot. :) Have a great Tuesday everyone!

I hope you feel better, not quite sure where you are so far on IP - but I honestly had to just 'power through' the first 2 weeks, and now it is SO EASY! Especially once I found this site and started experimenting with different recipes. I did an unrestricted type chili with my soy patty mix - sauteeing some diced veggies (red/green/yellow bell peppers, green onions, jalapenos), chicken stock instead of water, and fajita seasoning and found it delicious. I wrap it in lettuce leaves instead of tortillas for my faux taco. It's obviously not going to taste like beef, but I was surprised at how tasty it was (this coming from a butcher's daughter). Have fun with the packets and your veggies and you will seriously start enjoying IP more and discover a new way of eating.

Have a great WI! I love my WI days now too! The restricteds are a wonderful part of IP and I read on here actually, that 'official' IP clinic results show that there was no difference in weight loss using restricteds vs. unrestricteds as prescribed in the protocol, so I wouldn't be too worried. Personally, I can't have restricteds in the house - I have to fight myself not to binge on them (they are SOOOO good), something I will have to learn to control for life - but I'm working on it!

Morning all !! My WI is tomorrow and I wish it would come faster ... I KNOW I will be under 200 and I am so excited to see it !!!! It is amazing how much of a difference I notice already after just 5 weeks. Last night I was STARVING because we ate dinner late because my daughter had softball practice so while I was waiting I munched on some kale chips. KALE it is amazing to me because normally the time between when I got home from work and ate dinner was my worst time. I would eat anything in sight (literally) .... and now I had some veggies and was good to go until dinner at 8. I have been on MANY diets ... I am sure most of us have ... but I have to say this is the easiest thing I have ever done.

Oh, I am so happy for you!!! Please update us on your WI! That's exciting! I have kale chips most days with my snack, I love them sprinkled with fajita seasoning (my Mexican version of salt & pepper I guess!). I've found when I eat off schedule my body lets me know ('true' hunger), so awesome you found a good (delicious) fix.

Starting Day 5 today, feeling great and tested positive for ketones. I am loving this diet so far and so excited this forum exists for motivation, support and encouragement!

Day 5 is after the worst of it! The rest is smooth sailing! Look forward to hearing about your first WI!

Good morning everybody! Rise and shine!!! It's a cool blue sky morning here. Gorgeous...

It dawned on me last night, that I finally moved into the 'fitness' range for my body fat%, so that may mean that at least some of the weight I gained over the past month of maintenance is muscle! That's kinda cool... My coach was so excited because I was 'in the green' and now I understand why.

Anyway, I am back on track. I will get done what I get done on the house, I will make sure I make my meals as tasty and thoughtful as possible, so as to avoid the urge to eat stuff I didn't plan on. I hesitate to say 'cheat' because really, you can eat anything in maintenance, you just deal with it after the fact. I just want to stay within control.

Well a friend is coming over shortly to fix the outside electrical outlet, so I gotta run.

Hope you all have perfectly splendid, happy days and enjoy every bite of your food ! ;)

That's a huge accomplishment to be in the 'fitness' range for body fat %. I think you just inspired me to have a new end-game goal!

Good Morning Everyone!

I have to say I've had a pretty good morning so far! Made a very yummy "miracle" rice pudding for breakfast. I used the miracle rice, then added a packet of vanilla drink mix, splash of vanilla extract, one sugar packet, and cinnamon and it was yummy! And for lunch today, I used canned tuna with WF chipotle mayo, salt & pepper with cucumbers on the side. Should be good! Have a great day!

Did you find this recipe in one of the Recipe Threads or Finns facebook? If not you should post it - this sounds DELICIOUS! I'm ordering the vanilla drink next week - thanks for the tip!

Does anyone know if Zippfizz is okay on this diet? Reading the nutrition label it looks like it, but I'm new and not sure if I'm missing something?

from Zipfizz website:
Zipfizz contains 25 nutritional ingredients:
9 VITAMINS: vitamins C, E, all the Bs, and folate
8 MINERALS: potassium, magnesium, calcium, zinc, selenium, manganese, chromium, sodium
ELECTROLYTES: magnesium, potassium
AMINO ACIDS: arginine, taurine
ANTIOXIDANTS: green tea extract, vitamins C and E
THE 4 G’S: Grape seed extract, Ginger, Green tea and Ginseng

What are the calories/carbs/fat? Is there aspartame? If the answers are not '0/0/0' and 'no', then it's probably not allowed. But a lot of folks use some type of water enhancer (sucralose sweetened).

Hi Everyone,

Any advice on how to not shock my system? My coach says just go off plan and then go back on. I feel like I should eat a warm-up piece of bread of have a pre-vacay glass of wine or something.

You should definitely phase off, or at least move to Phase 2 (basically 2 IP packets and 2 protein+veggie meals). I don't think warming up with bread or wine beforehand would be a good plan. A lot of folks prepare a few weeks in advance of a big vacation by phasing off completely, but since this is a 'light trip' (not a once in a lifetime trip to Italy, Paris, etc), you can probably go light on the phasing. I noted in the 'Ketosis' thread that drinking alcohol will technically still keep you in ketosis, but your body will use the alcohol for producing ketones and body fat metabolizing will screech to a halt until the alcohol is burned off. But careful, since you will definitely get drunk way faster on less if you stay within protocol (which may be good if you drink less you will really need to savor that 1 glass of wine). I would think if you did what your planning (2 IPs + 2 veggie+protein meals) with some light drinking (since it shouldn't take you much) you should be able to reasonably maintain. I went on travel at the beginning and had to unexpectedly stretch 4 IP days to 8 days (work travel extended w/no notice!). I didn't drink alcohol, but ended up having to inadvertently do a modified Phasing (2 IPs + 2 veggie+protein meals) and still ended up losing. I wouldn't think a week at the beach would call for a carbfest - you should still be able to enjoy yourself and stay reasonably on plan, maybe pack and plan for 3 IPs for 'emergencies'?

*Oh yeah - definitely try to make 'smart drink choices' as Momto2cs mentioned.

haddy4
05-08-2012, 01:21 PM
good morning ,,,hope everyone has a great day :) tried big mac in a bowl..yummy...

Mickeymom
05-08-2012, 01:32 PM
Thanks to the support here, I am doing okay today. Staying OP since yesterday afternoon. I have a headache but overall, doing okay.
Thanks for being here!!!!!!

Good luck everyone. Congrats on all the great losses.

0ojoyo0
05-08-2012, 02:14 PM
After a couple of days of struggling, I went on my SparkPeople account to look up some nutritional information. I happened to glance to the right of the screen and saw a goal from a month prior to starting IP. The goal was to weigh 256 (what I weighed last summer) by July 22 for a conference in San Diego. I'm 11 lbs away from that mini-goal, and the conference is over 2 months away. At the rate I'm going, I could be down 40 lbs. or more by then. I needed that so bad today. I can do this!

Edit: My math looks off, but I assure you I did learn how to subtract in elementary school, I just use my official WIs to update my ticker. Current weight is 267.4 :D

mooselover
05-08-2012, 02:22 PM
Good morning/afternoon. I haven't seen my husband for 2 weeks. I got home Satruday and he left on Friday. He will be home today with a boat :) I am so excited to see him. I am excited to see and use the boat too!!!

I hope everyone has a great IP day!!!

ferrousgal
05-08-2012, 02:36 PM
I am 100% alternative (basically doing the unbalanced theoretical approach on my own rather than going to a clinic and spending money I don't have) and today is officially the start of week #2. If I go by today, change is 4.5 lbs down from last Tues, going from what weight was Monday last week, weight is down 5 lbs! YAY!

Tried the WF Ranch dressing on a salad last night. It's doable and gives me hope the other WF stuff is ok. I bought a jar of the marshmallow topping last week figuring I'll make up a treat for me for Mothers Day either making a parfait out of that and sugar free jello or layering with sugar free chocolate mousse. There was this company with different mousse mixes near the WF stuff that sounded good. Called something like "Sans Sucre" or something with Sucre in the title. Although I love the Jello brand sugar free mousses in the chilled section.

Shepard N7
05-08-2012, 02:44 PM
Hello, all.

Had my 6th WI yesterday and am down another 2 lbs. Even more encouraging is that I'm retaining water big time (TOM + a long bike ride on Sunday), so I assume my loss next week will be even better.

I saw a reference to the "7 week itch" in another thread, and I think I'm starting to experience that. My energy levels have been down, I've been crankier than usual and I feel like I'm slogging through the diet. With the exception of my puddings and bars, food just has zero appeal to me. Not just OP food, all food. Hopefully, it'll pass. I have 4 more weeks until I begin Phase 3*, so I'll survive!

NSV: I also had my blood tested again last week and got the results back yesterday. My LDL cholesterol and glucose levels are way down (as expected) and my vitamin D levels went from >5 (thanks, Pacific NW cloud cover) to 147, in about 5 and a half weeks! :D

*I'm on a timeline with this diet instead of a reaching a weight goal. Summer plans will make it impossible to stay OP (mainly due to physically intensive outdoor activities and vacations), so I'll be switching to calorie counting to reach my ultimate goal.

Kaypix
05-08-2012, 02:48 PM
Morning all!
I'm still feeling a bit beaten down by the regime of the program. I really need encouragement today. My family is facing some "stuff" today and I'm praying for a good outcome. The rain isn't helping.... I'm feeling blue.
Dakin: I wish you the best of luck with family "stuff" , it can easily be a downer for sure! I like the concept "beaten down by the regime..." why, I don't know, must be my cynical sense of humor.

Good morning all! Doing much better this morning after my cravings almost got the better of me yesterday. I just kept reminding myself of why I want this. I hope I don't have to deal with too many more days like that, because I know that my will power has limits. It seems like so far everyone is getting off to a good start today. Have a great Tuesday!
Way to stay strong!! It can be hard, but remember, every day, every ounce, will all add up to make it worth it!

I love Boca, they make amazing non meat products :) Sad they are a bit lower in protein, but the fat and cal difference I think really helps it a ton. Do you like hot chocolate? Maybe get a box of that (IP or Wonderslim etc.) so you can have a hot chocolaty treat sometimes.

Morning all !! My WI is tomorrow and I wish it would come faster ... I KNOW I will be under 200 and I am so excited to see it !!!! ...I have been on MANY diets ... I am sure most of us have ... but I have to say this is the easiest thing I have ever done.
Grats in advance of <200! I really need to try those kale chips that everyone is raving about...if they really are that great :) I tend to be a muncher too and I find that having a snack (turnip chips for me yesterday) between getting home and dinner can be a life saver.

Made it through a tough day yesterday. I really wanted to comfort myself with food. Oh my, what a dreadful coping mechanism. That has to change! I do much better than I used too. But, no matter what, I will be on a "restricted to some degree" eating plan for the rest of my life. I am accepting the injustice of that more every day. It is so strange that I actually have some concern for how I look. I enjoy putting on clothes and make up, now. When I was obese, I really had given up on all that. :(
I know I'll be having to do restricted for the rest of forever, which is tough, but I accept that if I want to be healthy then I have to make healthy decisions, period. Some people get to live large and loose, but I'd rather live moderate and thin, thank you very much ;) As far as feeling the need to beautify, I actually looked in the mirror yesterday and thought "huh, I really should get my hair and eyebrows done...maybe get a spray tan for this next trip..." and I can't remember the last time I thought about getting my hair cut NICELY (not just cost cutter trim) and having my eyebrows "sculpted"...I wonder if it is our mind's (subconsious) way of saying "you deserve to look as good ont he outside as you feel on the inside"...just food for thought ;)

I'll post my daily later tonight, DH is giving me a hard time about obsessing over this program, so have to be on here less and blogging less, and talking to him about it less...i'm tough though I can make it...i think.

Andie0606
05-08-2012, 03:07 PM
"I did an unrestricted type chili with my soy patty mix - sauteeing some diced veggies (red/green/yellow bell peppers, green onions, jalapenos), chicken stock instead of water, and fajita seasoning and found it delicious. I wrap it in lettuce leaves instead of tortillas for my faux taco."

Liz--I thought the soy patty is restricted. Not so?

0ojoyo0
05-08-2012, 03:14 PM
"I did an unrestricted type chili with my soy patty mix - sauteeing some diced veggies (red/green/yellow bell peppers, green onions, jalapenos), chicken stock instead of water, and fajita seasoning and found it delicious. I wrap it in lettuce leaves instead of tortillas for my faux taco."

Liz--I thought the soy patty is restricted. Not so?

Sorry to jump in, but it's my understanding that the soy patties are unrestricted, but are on the higher end of the unrestricteds.

LizRR
05-08-2012, 03:27 PM
Sorry to jump in, but it's my understanding that the soy patties are unrestricted, but are on the higher end of the unrestricteds.

This is a link to my Phase 1 sheet (from 2/7/2011), it does not list the Soy Patty on the restricted list (but the Chili is on the restricted list):
http://slimdown4life.com/Phase_1.pdf

Here's a link to the post where Wuv attached the carb/calorie/etc count of the IP products:
http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/4322651-post3.html

Just saw the soy patty isn't on that list...from the interwebz:
Serving Size: 1 patty Calories: 120 Total Fat: 6 Carbs: 11 Protein: 15
http://www.livestrong.com/thedailyplate/nutrition-calories/food/ideal-protein/#ixzz1uIvvf158

mylastdiet
05-08-2012, 03:36 PM
Back from WI#4. Down another 4.4 for a total so far of 20.6 in just four weeks!
My clinic finally had in the Choco Raspberry bars, so I bought a box. I can't wait to try one, but am waiting to have it as a treat this weekend when everyone is having snacky-dessert items.
I'm so happy I made the 20 pound mark! I may have to treat myself to the starter bracelet for the charm bracelet mentioned in a previous thread!
Have an awesome day everyone. Time to hit the yard and get some weeding done!

0ojoyo0
05-08-2012, 03:39 PM
This is a link to my Phase 1 sheet (from 2/7/2011), it does not list the Soy Patty on the restricted list (but the Chili is on the restricted list):
http://slimdown4life.com/Phase_1.pdf

Here's a link to the post where Wuv attached the carb/calorie/etc count of the IP products:
http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/4322651-post3.html

Just saw the soy patty isn't on that list...from the interwebz:
Serving Size: 1 patty Calories: 120 Total Fat: 6 Carbs: 11 Protein: 15
http://www.livestrong.com/thedailyplate/nutrition-calories/food/ideal-protein/#ixzz1uIvvf158

I noticed that it wasn't on the list either, but looking at the nutritional info, it looks like it's comparable to the restricted items. So now I'm confused. The past two days, I had a restricted bar for breakfast and the soy patty for lunch.

0ojoyo0
05-08-2012, 03:40 PM
My clinic finally had in the Choco Raspberry bars, so I bought a box. I can't wait to try one, but am waiting to have it as a treat this weekend when everyone is having snacky-dessert items.
I'm so happy I made the 20 pound mark! I may have to treat myself to the starter bracelet for the charm bracelet mentioned in a previous thread!
Have an awesome day everyone. Time to hit the yard and get some weeding done!

Great job! You must be so proud of yourself!

paulimapi
05-08-2012, 03:54 PM
I had one of the bars for lunch today, and I feel a bit guilty since it's only my first week, I'm scared I won't lose weight as fast , but they never told me I can't have restricted foods since day 1, I just read it in the pdf I found here.
I think I'll stick to just 1 restricted food a week for the first 2/3 weeks, and then I'll start with 3 a week and so..let's see how it goes.

Also I'm now drinking my veggies. It doesn't taste too good, but it's way faster. I just blend some cucumber and celery mostly and then drink it fast while pinching my nose haha.

Andie0606
05-08-2012, 04:00 PM
I noticed that it wasn't on the list either, but looking at the nutritional info, it looks like it's comparable to the restricted items. So now I'm confused. The past two days, I had a restricted bar for breakfast and the soy patty for lunch.

I emailed the dietician who is over IP where I go, and she responded that the soy patty is restricted.

Darralyn
05-08-2012, 04:02 PM
I shared last week that we are having a contest "Slim Down" at my workplace and it is teams of 5 people. If your team has the greatest percentage of weight loss; you each get $500; if you all maintain this weight loss for 3 months after it is over you each get an additional $500.
Today was my first WI and I was down 4 lbs. I sure hope my team members are taking this seriously! I am very excited about my loss!! Thanks IP!!

0ojoyo0
05-08-2012, 04:03 PM
I had one of the bars for lunch today, and I feel a bit guilty since it's only my first week, I'm scared I won't lose weight as fast , but they never told me I can't have restricted foods since day 1, I just read it in the pdf I found here.
I think I'll stick to just 1 restricted food a week for the first 2/3 weeks, and then I'll start with 3 a week and so..let's see how it goes.

Also I'm now drinking my veggies. It doesn't taste too good, but it's way faster. I just blend some cucumber and celery mostly and then drink it fast while pinching my nose haha.

I just started a week ago and have had bars everyday for breakfast since day 1. I can't imagine that it hurt me at all, since I'm down 13 lbs. in 8 days. But I have a lot more to lose than you, so maybe it will affect you differently. Definitely follow the protocol though, and don't have any more than one restricted a day.

0ojoyo0
05-08-2012, 04:07 PM
I emailed the dietician who is over IP where I go, and she responded that the soy patty is restricted.

Well great, it was an unintended cheat! UGH!! I didn't have one today since it felt like too much the past couple of days, but it upsets me that my coach just let me buy it knowing I eat bars for breakfast. Thanks for looking into it and providing an answer.

0ojoyo0
05-08-2012, 04:09 PM
I shared last week that we are having a contest "Slim Down" at my workplace and it is teams of 5 people. If your team has the greatest percentage of weight loss; you each get $500; if you all maintain this weight loss for 3 months after it is over you each get an additional $500.
Today was my first WI and I was down 4 lbs. I sure hope my team members are taking this seriously! I am very excited about my loss!! Thanks IP!!

Good luck!! You can use that $ to pay for a new wardrobe!

paulimapi
05-08-2012, 04:16 PM
I just started a week ago and have had bars everyday for breakfast since day 1. I can't imagine that it hurt me at all, since I'm down 13 lbs. in 8 days. But I have a lot more to lose than you, so maybe it will affect you differently. Definitely follow the protocol though, and don't have any more than one restricted a day.

That makes me feel better haha, I just get confused because some people tell me that when they have the bars they lose far less but wow 13 lbs in a week! Congrats, that's AMAZING. I wish! Haha
Thanks!

Karen71
05-08-2012, 04:19 PM

Thank you, Lala0620! I actually did that today for lunch. Had two cups of broccoli and added the chicken soup to it. PERFECT! :)

Karen71
05-08-2012, 04:22 PM
I like to add veggies to my omelet in the morning, There were more mushrooms in my omelet this morning than omelet! It tasted great. Sometimes it is green peppers and mushrooms, no time for peppers this morning so extra mushrooms. Raw onion is great too. I have half of a large cucumber with me today and 1/4 head of lettuce too. It really helps fill me up and keeps me satisfied.

:cb::broc::carrot:

I tried that with the mushrooms the other day. I just really need my cheese in the omelet. Maybe since my taste buds are changing it will taste better next time.

Andie0606
05-08-2012, 04:24 PM

Well great, it was an unintended cheat! UGH!! I didn't have one today since it felt like too much the past couple of days, but it upsets me that my coach just let me buy it knowing I eat bars for breakfast. Thanks for looking into it and providing an answer.

Sorry to be the bearer of bad news. I eat a bar for breakfast, too, so I don't know what I'm going to do with the one soy patty packet that I bought. I didn't know when I bought it that it's restricted. Just glad that I didn't get a whole box.

Manda Marie
05-08-2012, 04:26 PM
Thanks for the responses about my question about how to go on vacation w/out losing it! I'll do a Phase 2, plan on two packets a day and still 2 cups of veggies, but maybe let the little things pass. And, yes, will be very careful with alcohol!!!!!!!!!!! It's been 5 weeks w/out it and I only miss it occasionally. Another good unpredicted benefit of IP!

0ojoyo0
05-08-2012, 04:30 PM
Sorry to be the bearer of bad news. I eat a bar for breakfast, too, so I don't know what I'm going to do with the one soy patty packet that I bought. I didn't know when I bought it that it's restricted. Just glad that I didn't get a whole box.

No, I'm glad you told me before I went through the entire box. Lol, unfortuantely I did get the whole box. :/

Busymomx4
05-08-2012, 04:36 PM
Kaypix - I wanted to send you a PM but its not an option. I was wondering if you could send me your avatar picture (PM me and i'll give you my email address), i'm looking around for a nice ankle/foot tattoo and i really like your picture and would like to see a bigger version of it.

LaLibE
05-08-2012, 04:38 PM
Hi all, I'm back after a little bit of a hiatus... not sure what I have gained. I am actually scared to look. I will weigh myself next week when I am in ketosis and feeling a bit better about what I am doing to turn things around.

It's always a pleasure reading your posts and knowing that I am not alone.

GemIAm
05-08-2012, 04:41 PM
I'm back after a crazy weekend of pre-graduation (w/ the 18 year old son) and 4H horsey-events (with the 12 year old daughter). I did Ok this weekend but I know I need to do better - I will pre-plan and bring all my own food for next weekends horse show!
Strength & self-love to all!

DanafromAustin
05-08-2012, 04:41 PM
My intention was to phase before those events anyway, but now I'm really thinking about going about 2 weeks early. I think she'll oppose, but can she actually forbid it?
It's your money and your diet, I really wouldn't care if my coach opposed it or not, I'd do it anyway. Nobody knows you better than you. I hope your family got good news today! :hug:

Hi Everyone,

I'm also going on a weeks vacation with a girlfriend this summer. On my past vacations on IP I stayed on Phase 2 with no cheats. However this vacation I will be a lot closer to goal, so I am taking a week off. My friend is also on IP, and just about at goal herself. We are both phasing off 3 weeks ahead of time. Skipping phase 2 and doing 2 weeks of phase 3 and one week of phase 4 before we leave. Then right back to phase 1 for me to finish, and her to just get back to goal.

I hope to also watch the movie "Fat, Sick and Nearly Dead" while I'm getting homework done. I've heard good things about the movie. We will see.

Great movie; very inspiring.

You should try blending in some spinach with puddings if you buy them. I do that many days for lunch. In fact I'm eating one right now. I put 1 to 2 cups in my blender with vanilla pudding and make a shake. You absolutely can not taste the spinach. I add some cinnamon for added taste, and other than my shake being green, I would never guess that there is spinach in it.

As for the bars, I have one almost every day since I started and I've lost just fine. My coach never told me I had to wait the first few weeks. Her only request is not to have a restricted before bed. The bars are usually my breakfast.

Great loss. Hopefully you will be the continuing motivation for your team members.

Well it's a rainy warm day here in Austin. We really need the rain so no one is complaining. It is nice to get a break from the over 90 degree days we have been having. Hope everyone is having a good OP day!

Shepard N7
05-08-2012, 04:50 PM
Ugh. I just realized I had the soy patty, after eating a plain crepe for breakfast. My coach never said they were restricted, as she always adds an (R) next to those on my weekly sheet.

Thankfully, it was on one of my cycling days and did not "harm" me (I lost 4 pounds that week). Not to mention I hated the thing and will not be making that same mistake again. Still, I'm going to mention it to my coach so that others don't unknowingly do the same thing.

Hopeful in Canada
05-08-2012, 05:06 PM

Try...Wildberry Yogurt Shake or Chocolate Shake blended up with 2 cups of frozen Spinach...makes for a nice shake and then you get your veggies in as well.

Tripmama
05-08-2012, 05:41 PM
Hello IPeeps-

Hope all are doing well and staying 100% OP.

Diana B
05-08-2012, 06:16 PM
WI today, -2.8 lbs and 5.5 inches! I never expect the numbers I get and this week was especially good on inches, I love IP!

MaMaZu
05-08-2012, 06:30 PM
In shock! I went into Ann Taylor Loft today at my daughters insistence to get jeans that fit. I was hoping for size 10 but brought in both 10 and 12's (I started IP in 16), and ended up in---drumroll please---size 8!!! Still in shock and disbelief as I didn't expect an 8 for another 15 pounds!!! Sooooo happy, can you tell?

haddy4
05-08-2012, 06:32 PM

it must be different with all coaches because i called my coach and she said it was not restricted :dizzy:

sekc14
05-08-2012, 06:36 PM
Wow, no longer obese!! I swam laps this morning for the first time in awhile and my bathing suit was loose, my gut wasn't hanging over, and I barely recognized myself. Bought a new dress to celebrate!

0ojoyo0
05-08-2012, 06:37 PM
WI today, -2.8 lbs and 5.5 inches! I never expect the numbers I get and this week was especially good on inches, I love IP!

In shock! I went into Ann Taylor Loft today at my daughters insistence to get jeans that fit. I was hoping for size 10 but brought in both 10 and 12's (I started IP in 16), and ended up in---drumroll please---size 8!!! Still in shock and disbelief as I didn't expect an 8 for another 15 pounds!!! Sooooo happy, can you tell?

That is awesome, ladies! Good job. I look at posts like this to keep me motivated :D

0ojoyo0
05-08-2012, 06:38 PM
Wow, no longer obese!! I swam laps this morning for the first time in awhile and my bathing suit was loose, my gut wasn't hanging over, and I barely recognized myself. Bought a new dress to celebrate!

You look gorgeous!

Chloe222
05-08-2012, 06:39 PM
After a couple of days of struggling, I went on my SparkPeople account to look up some nutritional information. I happened to glance to the right of the screen and saw a goal from a month prior to starting IP. The goal was to weigh 256 (what I weighed last summer) by July 22 for a conference in San Diego. I'm 11 lbs away from that mini-goal, and the conference is over 2 months away. At the rate I'm going, I could be down 40 lbs. or more by then. I needed that so bad today. I can do this!

Edit: My math looks off, but I assure you I did learn how to subtract in elementary school, I just use my official WIs to update my ticker. Current weight is 267.4 :D

Joy,
You'll make your numbers by July but more importantly, you'll look like even less since that's part of the miracle of IP and the way it reshapes your body. It is downright amazing.

Good morning/afternoon. I haven't seen my husband for 2 weeks. I got home Satruday and he left on Friday. He will be home today with a boat :) I am so excited to see him. I am excited to see and use the boat too!!!

I hope everyone has a great IP day!!!

I'm sure he'll be happy to see you too, and you're thinner now and didn't you say you bought some new clothes on your trip? Sounds like a fun reunion is coming up.

I love those bars, they are dangerous!

Hello IPeeps-

Hope all are doing well and staying 100% OP.
Tripmama, great new photo!

ProteinGal
05-08-2012, 06:42 PM

You look marvelous! WTG!!!!

ProteinGal
05-08-2012, 06:44 PM

Whoohooo, single digit jeans, WTG!

ProteinGal
05-08-2012, 06:49 PM
Ugh. I just realized I had the soy patty, after eating a plain crepe for breakfast. My coach never said they were restricted, as she always adds an (R) next to those on my weekly sheet.

Thankfully, it was on one of my cycling days and did not "harm" me (I lost 4 pounds that week). Not to mention I hated the thing and will not be making that same mistake again. Still, I'm going to mention it to my coach so that others don't unknowingly do the same thing.

My sheet doesn't have a R for soy patty mix, thanks for the tip, haven't bought that one yet but did buy the new chicken patty which is not a R.

sekc14
05-08-2012, 06:59 PM
You look marvelous! WTG!!!!

You look gorgeous!

Thank you, ProteinGal and 0ojoyo0!! Having support from you and everyone else on 3FC makes all the difference in the world to me. I see so many here reversing the clocks and getting their natural born beauty back. It's exhilarating! Great inspiration! I wish the best to all.

Samba
05-08-2012, 07:05 PM

Soooo, awesome!! Love the size 8!! :carrot:

MaMaZu
05-08-2012, 07:05 PM
Thank you, ProteinGal and 0ojoyo0!! Having support from you and everyone else on 3FC makes all the difference in the world to me. I see so many here reversing the clocks and getting their natural born beauty back. It's exhilarating! Great inspiration! I wish the best to all.

Wowee!!! Rocking the dress!!!

0ojoyo0
05-08-2012, 07:06 PM
Joy,
You'll make your numbers by July but more importantly, you'll look like even less since that's part of the miracle of IP and the way it reshapes your body. It is downright amazing.

I'm sure he'll be happy to see you too, and you're thinner now and didn't you say you bought some new clothes on your trip? Sounds like a fun reunion is coming up.

I love those bars, they are dangerous!

Tripmama, great new photo!

Thanks, I think so too :)

Samba
05-08-2012, 07:10 PM

Fabulous dress!! You look great!

Volly
05-08-2012, 07:53 PM
WI #5 today, and I am down another 4 pounds. :carrot: I was so excited, and then my coach measured me for the first time since I started the diet, and I have lost 6.5 inches. I am celebrating!!!

I hope everyone else is having a wonderful day!:cheer2:

Volly
05-08-2012, 07:54 PM

Congratulations!!! That is amazing, and I know you left the store feeling on Cloud 9.

Darralyn
05-08-2012, 08:31 PM

Wow you are one Hot Babe!!:bravo:

NewPath
05-08-2012, 08:39 PM
I tried that with the mushrooms the other day. I just really need my cheese in the omelet. Maybe since my taste buds are changing it will taste better next time.

Hi there, IPeeps. was told that I could not have vegetables at breakfast. (Although, I do nibble on a red pepper during my entire day, as it is the only thing that keeps my insulin levels calm.

NewPath
05-08-2012, 08:42 PM
Congratulations!!! That is amazing, and I know you left the store feeling on Cloud 9.

Congrats! This is very inspiring. I have dropped 20 lbs very quickly. My pants are draggy and baggy, my tops are tent-like, and even my undergarments ; )
are falling down. (Probably not a great visual!):carrot: I think I may need to go shopping!

kmc1021
05-08-2012, 08:49 PM
Morning all!
I'm still feeling a bit beaten down by the regime of the program.

Sorry things are not going great for you. I know you can do it and if you want to phase out sooner, then do it. You know what is best for you!

Oh, I have to tell you, I have a girlfriend that started this last week. She was real hesitant because she didn't think she could do this. Was afraid that she wouldn't beable to handle cooking something for her husband and mother and them something different for herself. She said that she fell off the wagon once, but jumped right back on. Well she sent me an email yesterday to give me an update and she has lost 13 1/2 pounds.

How awesome for your friend. I think it is great that you can have someone that can relate with you and you can help!!

Great job on your WI!! I too am looking forward to my WI days!! It gives me something to look forward to!!

Hi Everyone,
I feel like I should eat a warm-up piece of bread or have a pre-vacay glass of wine or something.
You have me cracking up. A warm-up piece of bread!! Thanks for the smile!

Congrats! This is very inspiring. I have dropped 20 lbs very quickly. My pants are draggy and baggy, my tops are tent-like, and even my undergarments ; )
are falling down. (Probably not a great visual!):carrot: I think I may need to go shopping!
WTG! Baggy and saggy and draggy are all great terms to describe your clothes!!

NewPath
05-08-2012, 08:50 PM
NSV... So today my son was eating pizza bagel bites on the way to school. He left 6 in my car. (OMG, they were still warm, they were distracting me from driving.) So, after deciding that this was a true IP emergency, I rolled down my window, and let them fly!!!!!!!!!!!

On a more serious note, I am still struggling with after-lunch fatigue, light headedness, hunger, and anxiety and brain fog. My coach told me add a packet as soon as I feel the sensation hit. I have done this, and it really has not helped. What did help today was eating little nips of red pepper ......all day long. I started nibbling at about 10. I ate one entire pepper snacking in this fashion. Has anyone experienced this?

kmc1021
05-08-2012, 08:55 PM
Hey ya'll!! I had my WI #3 today. It is hard to believe I have stuck with it for three weeks! I am weak, what can I say!! I was down 3.4 pounds and only 1.5 inches, but I will take it!! I think I am suffering from the big "c" so I will be going to walgreens tomorrow or thursday to help with that.

I mowed my lawn today and it felt good!! It is nice to come in and not be starving. I grilled chicken and green and red peppers and am bursting I am so full! Funny how sometimes I eat my normal amounts and am still hungry, other times I am so full.

I had a few NSV today (well over the last couple days). My belt has gone down a notch, even though I haven't really lost much in my belly. I had a coworker tell me today that my face is getting thinner and asked what I was doing to achieve that. I also tried on my wedding ring (I only do that on WI days) and it was a stretch, but it fit. I am not counting it as fitting because it is still pretty tight, but I am happy. My fingers have always been big and I did get a new ring a few years ago, so it is not the same size as when I got married 11 years ago, but I really want to start wearing it again. I am doing family pictures of DH's family and a few group shots and I want to be able to wear it then. It is 12 days away, so I am sure I will be able to!!

0ojoyo0
05-08-2012, 08:57 PM
NSV... So today my son was eating pizza bagel bites on the way to school. He left 6 in my car. (OMG, they were still warm, they were distracting me from driving.) So, after deciding that this was a true IP emergency, I rolled down my window, and let them fly!!!!!!!!!!!

On a more serious note, I am still struggling with after-lunch fatigue, light headedness, hunger, and anxiety and brain fog. My coach told me add a packet as soon as I feel the sensation hit. I have done this, and it really has not helped. What did help today was eating little nips of red pepper ......all day long. I started nibbling at about 10. I ate one entire pepper snacking in this fashion. Has anyone experienced this?

Lol, good job for tossing those bagel bite! That takes so much will power. I don't have an answer to your question, but thanks for the laugh :dizzy:

Sewmam
05-08-2012, 09:03 PM
Hello everybody!

I just made the most amazing Phase 4 dinner. I really love Morning Star Black-bean burgers, and haven't had them since I started IP some 16 months ago, so I made a wonderful Mexican salad with stir-fry peppers, green onions and mushrooms, threw in the black bean burgers and some chili powder. Then a big bowl of lettuce with spinach and broco-slaw, fresh salsa, greek yogurt (plain fat-free tastes just like sour cream on a salad), cilantro, fat-free cheddar cheese. It was wonderful... Only thing missing was guacamole, but you are supposed to limit fats when you have the complex carbs, so that will have to wait for a splurge day.

LizR - I just made the chick-pea 'corn nuts' and they do taste remarkably like popcorn! I'm totally amazed! Thank you for the idea!

Don't know where the day went... Hang in there everybody who is struggling. It will get better. It always does. ;)

evepet
05-08-2012, 09:26 PM
I'm suffering from withdrawal as I haven't been able to check in here before today! :D Made the commute from my city to Toronto and back today to work in my HQ for the day. Means I leave home just after 7am (up at 5:45am) and don't get back home until 7:30pm. I've been totally OP all day though... breakfast was at home so I had my usual alternative options... lunch I took a soup packet and bought a veggie salad (peppers, cucumbers, a couple of cherry tomatoes, a bit of red onion, and iceberg lettuce). No salad dressing, as I'd unfortunately forgotten to replenish the individual sized portion of salad dressing from my 'purse stash'. Had a bar around 4pm to hold me over until my dinner, which I finally just finished eating. And my water intake is ok too. So all is well.... I'm just very tired. Definitely going to be an early night.

Hope everyone had a great day. Cheers until tomorrow.

Kat2500
05-08-2012, 09:27 PM

Wow! You look great. Thank you for posting such an inspirational photo.

Love the dress!!!

Samba
05-08-2012, 09:32 PM
WTG! Baggy and saggy and draggy are all great terms to describe your clothes!!

So, funny! Add "flaggy" to these. I held on to my undies so long. One day, I stepped out in to the wind. Had to laugh as I felt like a flagpole with the undies caught in the breeze! Don't wait too long to shop!:o

Kat2500
05-08-2012, 09:32 PM
Just got back from WI #2 - I lost 2.4 lbs. I was hoping for more; I was 100% OP. My coach was happy with the loss -- since I did not lose any lean mass this week.

I survived the week - thanks everyone for your support. Dreaming about iced cookies is simply unfair. No more desert dreams. (at least I hope no more). I am learning about some good coping skills from this forum and I am grateful for that!!!

Lace and Levis
05-08-2012, 09:44 PM
NewPath - NSV... So today my son was eating pizza bagel bites on the way to school. He left 6 in my car. (OMG, they were still warm, they were distracting me from driving.) So, after deciding that this was a true IP emergency, I rolled down my window, and let them fly!!!!!!!!!!!

That's a great one! I read it to my husband which is very supportive of me and after a good laugh the first thing he said was, "Good for her!!!!!" Consider us your mini cheering squad. :cheer3::cheer2:

Samba
05-08-2012, 09:45 PM
Hello everybody!

I just made the most amazing Phase 4 dinner. I really love Morning Star Black-bean burgers, and haven't had them since I started IP some 16 months ago, so I made a wonderful Mexican salad with stir-fry peppers, green onions and mushrooms, threw in the black bean burgers and some chili powder. Then a big bowl of lettuce with spinach and broco-slaw, fresh salsa, greek yogurt (plain fat-free tastes just like sour cream on a salad), cilantro, fat-free cheddar cheese. It was wonderful... Only thing missing was guacamole, but you are supposed to limit fats when you have the complex carbs, so that will have to wait for a splurge day.

LizR - I just made the chick-pea 'corn nuts' and they do taste remarkably like popcorn! I'm totally amazed! Thank you for the idea!

Don't know where the day went... Hang in there everybody who is struggling. It will get better. It always does. ;)

I am hoping to get to maintenance some day! Exciting to think of how to eat healthy and maintain. I had years of poor menu choices, so it will be forging a new path. So glad others have gone before and can give tips!

Just got back from WI #2 - I lost 2.4 lbs. I was hoping for more; I was 100% OP. My coach was happy with the loss -- since I did not lose any lean mass this week.

I survived the week - thanks everyone for your support. Dreaming about iced cookies is simply unfair. No more desert dreams. (at least I hope no more). I am learning about some good coping skills from this forum and I am grateful for that!!!

I think that is a pretty good loss!! Not all of mine were that large and sometimes, no loss even. I had to realize that losing weight is not a linear process. Over time, what a big difference those "small" loses have made in my life! Celebrate that 2.4 lbs!! Good on you! :cheer2:

Beanie Mommy
05-08-2012, 09:57 PM
Hi IP Chicks!

Have an NSV to report today. My company is doing this annual wellness check where they weigh you, take blood, and they measure your waist. I am now considered no longer at risk because of waist circumference. Yay! Last year I was 6 inches above what's considered borderline risky!

Have an excellent Tuesday night everyone!

lisabk
05-08-2012, 10:11 PM
Hi all,

I just found this forum today. Been on IP since Jan 17th. So far, I have lost 54 pounds and have my next WI tomorrow. This forum is amazing...so great to find so much additional information on the program AND to see the inspiring stories. I started at 333 and want to lose close to 200 pounds. Somedays, I'm not sure if I can stay on such a restricted plan for so long. But, today I realized that with my 50+ lb loss, I'm already 1/4 of the way there. I plan to take the month of July off because I'll be taking 2 different vacations that month. Hoping I can lose close to another 50 lbs by then.

Seems like my inch loss has been kind of slow though.

I do have a question...my husband would love to try the program, but he is very self conscious about weighing in and being measured by someone. I cannot convince him to go the clinic. Is anyone aware of a mail order or online program he could do that wouldn't require him going to the office every week?

paulimapi
05-08-2012, 10:18 PM
Anyone else here adds lemon to their water so it tastes better? It's allowed, right? It says so in the dressings part..

DanafromAustin
05-08-2012, 10:20 PM
Hi all,

I just found this forum today. Been on IP since Jan 17th. So far, I have lost 54 pounds and have my next WI tomorrow. This forum is amazing...so great to find so much additional information on the program AND to see the inspiring stories. I started at 333 and want to lose close to 200 pounds. Somedays, I'm not sure if I can stay on such a restricted plan for so long. But, today I realized that with my 50+ lb loss, I'm already 1/4 of the way there. I plan to take the month of July off because I'll be taking 2 different vacations that month. Hoping I can lose close to another 50 lbs by then.

I do have a question...my husband would love to try the program, but he is very self conscious about weighing in and being measured by someone. I cannot convince him to go the clinic. Is anyone aware of a mail order or online program he could do that wouldn't require him going to the office every week?
Glad you found us and congrats on your great weight loss. Your husband should check out Idealproteintogo.com. I know it's for people who don't have a clinic near them, but perhaps anyone can use them too.

DanafromAustin
05-08-2012, 10:21 PM
Anyone else here adds lemon to their water so it tastes better? It's allowed, right? It says so in the dressings part..
Yes it's allowed.

Kedmund
05-08-2012, 10:28 PM
anyone available to prop a girl up? my chiro asked me to do IP for my pancreas, not for weight loss. i love my butt and waist being smaller, but i'm STRUGGLING with motivation. my body fat % is in the acceptable level. i'm ok with my body (who doesn't love to be skinner, but i'm not sure that is trumping my desire to have "normal" eating habits again).

NewPath
05-08-2012, 10:35 PM
So, funny! Add "flaggy" to these. I held on to my undies so long. One day, I stepped out in to the wind. Had to laugh as I felt like a flagpole with the undies caught in the breeze! Don't wait too long to shop!:o

Okay.....YOU, just made me laugh, a lot!!!!!!! PMP laugh! (figure that out)
Yes, it is time to shop, and, actually, I feel like shopping!!!!! (unusual for a fat lady!)

mtnsun4
05-08-2012, 10:38 PM
It is buyproteinfood.com
Thank you Rissimo!

Very cool! Great motivation! Hope your team pulls their "weight"......ok, I know....a little corny with the words.
Worn out tonight. Took my daughter to soccer after work, came home, fixed myself dinner, picked her up, made her dinner, ate my pudding, now I am finally able to relax! Woo hooo

NewPath
05-08-2012, 10:38 PM
Hi all,

Hey girl!!!! WELCOME!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! and.........CONGRATS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!Way to Gooooooooo!!!!!!!!!!!!!

auroragrl
05-08-2012, 10:41 PM
I am SOOOOOO hungry for something sweet!!!!!!!!! just went on a bike ride to try to distract me. - want something sweet - - - AAHHHHHHH - I'll make it - I think

Up North Girl
05-08-2012, 10:42 PM
Hot mama!!

Sonyasbug
05-08-2012, 10:51 PM
Hello. Tuesdays have become my favorite day, WI. Down 4.somethhing (so excited I forgot). But it brings my total loss to -21!!!!!! In four weeks, amazing that I did that, with everyone's help here. Thanks. Ready for week 5. Bring it on.

Meadow Wheeler
05-08-2012, 10:53 PM

Hi Karen, I found the veggies hard to get in too. But then I learned it is MUCH easier for me to get them in when they are cooked. Raw was just to much by the end of the first week and into the second week. Now in week 5 I feel good with either but still stick to cooked most of the time.;)

Sonyasbug
05-08-2012, 10:56 PM
I am SOOOOOO hungry for something sweet!!!!!!!!! just went on a bike ride to try to distract me. - want something sweet - - - AAHHHHHHH - I'll make it - I think

During my first week or two I got like that at night. Usually I would grab the iPad nd head to bed. Away from kitchen access, closer to starting another successful day. Read a few inspirations and turn in proud you didn't give in.

NewPath
05-08-2012, 11:01 PM
Hello. Tuesdays have become my favorite day, WI. Down 4.somethhing (so excited I forgot). But it brings my total loss to -21!!!!!! In four weeks, amazing that I did that, with everyone's help here. Thanks. Ready for week 5. Bring it on.

Love this.....................

BRING IT ON!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Samba
05-08-2012, 11:04 PM
How aboit some hot herbal tea?!

That is what I am having in response to my evening crave. Durn blasted cravings!! I am working with myself to live through those compulsive moments. I keep telling myself that I can "be" with that feeling and not have to eat because of it.

Sonyasbug
05-08-2012, 11:11 PM
Hi Everyone,

I loved this post. I have a mini vaca end of June and I was already wondering the same thing. I'll be interested in hearing what worked for you when you get back. :)

Sonyasbug
05-08-2012, 11:17 PM

Looking beautiful!!!

Kedmund
05-08-2012, 11:18 PM
I loved this post. I have a mini vaca end of June and I was already wondering the same thing. I'll be interested in hearing what worked for you when you get back. :)

I just did that at week 2 or 3....I stayed on program for breakfast/lunch & did whatever I felt I wanted to for dinner...I'm talkin' 5-7 course meals with dessert! I don't drink, so that wasn't a factor, but when I went to WI the DAY I got back from vaca I had stayed the same weight & lost 3".

I am so happy I made that choice. I was dumb and didn't make that decision until I got there, so it was a painful one to "cheat" when I didn't plan it in advance, but it made my vaca whole & kept me with a shrinking bottom, which is always good.

I find when I restrict myself to "within reason", I still feel restricted. I do better with "whatever the heck I want" and then right back at it the next day....

Good luck :)

auroragrl
05-08-2012, 11:36 PM
Wow - all these posts give me hope - wish I wasn't such a "Foodie" I've never met a food I didn't like. Darn - my youngest daughter is a healthy eater, but just a naturally selective eater - she will always be thin - must be a recessive gene! HA HA HA

Kedmund
05-08-2012, 11:41 PM
Wow - all these posts give me hope - wish I wasn't such a "Foodie" I've never met a food I didn't like. Darn - my youngest daughter is a healthy eater, but just a naturally selective eater - she will always be thin - must be a recessive gene! HA HA HA

I'm totally a "foodie" as well. That's why I'm STRUGGLING to stay OP, hence my previous post this evening....still having heart ache over what's the right choice for me.

Kaypix
05-08-2012, 11:45 PM
anyone available to prop a girl up? my chiro asked me to do IP for my pancreas, not for weight loss. i love my butt and waist being smaller, but i'm STRUGGLING with motivation. my body fat % is in the acceptable level. i'm ok with my body (who doesn't love to be skinner, but i'm not sure that is trumping my desire to have "normal" eating habits again).
Hey, it's not bad, really, our bodies are amazing machines, and your pancreas will for sure be appreciating your change, and who knows, maybe you will get a bit skinnier, and may not miss your "normal" eating habits that much. I've noticed I snack on junk, and my dad always told me "junk in, junk out". I have so much more energy now than I did when I drank Mountain Dew during the day and ordering junk food every night with my coworkers. I used to be dragging at 11:00PM and not waking up until 9:00AM and then it'd still be hard to get out of bed. Now, if I'm in bed at 11, I'm up at 7 wondering what to do today. It's more than weight you lose, it's more like you lose the side of you that says "eh, not worth it, i can't" as well.

Hot mama!!
I can't wait until I look into the mirror and barely recognize myself, that'd be a good day :)

auroragrl
05-08-2012, 11:47 PM
I'm totally a "foodie" as well. That's why I'm STRUGGLING to stay OP, hence my previous post this evening....still having heart ache over what's the right choice for me.

I think you can do it! :carrot: I'm almost through my first week - and every night when I go to bed and have stayed OP and when I get up in the AM - gives me motivation. Hang in there~~~~~;)

Kedmund
05-08-2012, 11:53 PM
Thanks, ladies. :)

I'm going into week 6 shortly. It was easy in the beginning. I'm not sure why all of a sudden I'm having insane cravings & seem to be starving all the time. I know I can eat unlimited lettuce & cukes, but that's not cutting it for me....

Advice on why things may have changed for me recently for cravings/hunger?

LizRR
05-09-2012, 12:20 AM
Whew...what a day...rushed home to drop off my son with my dad, got a fancy haircut, hit up body pump, made dinner, and gave my son a haircut. Finally relaxing with a cup of hot tea.

So, my coach reiterated that soy patty is unrestricted, but on the higher end. My product sheet also lists them as unrestricted, and there are recipes referring to them as used for unrestricted recipes as well. There was also another thread on this subject before.
http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/ideal-protein-diet/241417-soy-patty-restricted.html

What a great bunch of updates, time to relax and catch up on mad men with my family.

Momto2cs
05-09-2012, 12:38 AM
Hello, all.

Had my 6th WI yesterday and am down another 2 lbs. Even more encouraging is that I'm retaining water big time (TOM + a long bike ride on Sunday), so I assume my loss next week will be even better.

I saw a reference to the "7 week itch" in another thread, and I think I'm starting to experience that. My energy levels have been down, I've been crankier than usual and I feel like I'm slogging through the diet. With the exception of my puddings and bars, food just has zero appeal to me. Not just OP food, all food. Hopefully, it'll pass. I have 4 more weeks until I begin Phase 3*, so I'll survive!

NSV: I also had my blood tested again last week and got the results back yesterday. My LDL cholesterol and glucose levels are way down (as expected) and my vitamin D levels went from >5 (thanks, Pacific NW cloud cover) to 147, in about 5 and a half weeks! :D

*I'm on a timeline with this diet instead of a reaching a weight goal. Summer plans will make it impossible to stay OP (mainly due to physically intensive outdoor activities and vacations), so I'll be switching to calorie counting to reach my ultimate goal.

Sounds great. But calorie counting just doesn't work for most people...or we wouldn't be doing ip in the first place!

I work out intensely every day and still struggle to lose any more even on phase 1...I hope you have better luck...

Momto2cs
05-09-2012, 12:43 AM

You need to decide what is right for you. Just remember, if you resume your old eating habits you will regain.

Samba
05-09-2012, 12:47 AM
I am a foodie too. Even with really good results over the past few months, I still sometimes struggle. Old habits, old wiring that triggers.

I just came back from a trip to the kitchen. Could have been dangerous, but I came back with a bottle of water. While I was in the kitchen, a thought came to me...Whatever the problem is, food is not the answer. Okay, except in the rare instance where I was out f bodily fuel, which is not near happening.

I am going to try to really let that sink in. I have had food be "the answer" so much of my life. The ridiculousness of that just hit me a few minutes ago. Whatever compelled me to make that late night kitchen crawl....food is not the answer!!

Skomo
05-09-2012, 01:09 AM
I am no expert on motivation, but as someone with "less to lose" I often struggle as well. Sometimes I just want to go out with my family and friends and indulge a bit. However, it dawned on me one day that I deserve to be happy, I deserve to be healthy. There are so many aspects of our health that we cannot ultimately control, people fall sick for reasons we cannot explain. The one thing we have ultimate control over if what we put into our bodies and how we treat our bodies. It is important to do all that is in our power to stay healthy as our bodies were designed to be.

One side note: I hate running. But last year I was watching some show on tv that features special Olympians. Talk about understanding there is no excuse and no limits! Not everyone is as lucky as we are, so when I started training for my first half marathon I would tell myself I run for those who can't. Although I don't enjoy it in the moment, ever, I enjoy that I have a body that allows me to run.

Skomo
05-09-2012, 01:12 AM
SO incredibly amazing. 21 pounds in a month! Talk about being an inspiration to all of us on 3FC

Kedmund
05-09-2012, 02:19 AM
I am a foodie too. Even with really good results over the past few months, I still sometimes struggle. Old habits, old wiring that triggers.

I just came back from a trip to the kitchen. Could have been dangerous, but I came back with a bottle of water. While I was in the kitchen, a thought came to me...Whatever the problem is, food is not the answer. Okay, except in the rare instance where I was out f bodily fuel, which is not near happening.

I am going to try to really let that sink in. I have had food be "the answer" so much of my life. The ridiculousness of that just hit me a few minutes ago. Whatever compelled me to make that late night kitchen crawl....food is not the answer!!

so true. i'm not sure what my motivation is for wanting different food (other than the obvious desire for more variety). i don't think i eat for emotional reasons...i think i just really like food. is that weird? i like the taste, texture, etc. Maybe I just need a swift kick in the a$$....

Chloe222
05-09-2012, 07:09 AM
Hi all,

Lisbk,
Here's a choice to buy IP food online: http://buyproteinfood.com/
Best wishes to you and your husband! Great to do this w/ a spouse!

Chloe222
05-09-2012, 07:16 AM

Wow! You look amazing! Congrats!

Sewmam
05-09-2012, 09:09 AM
Somedays, I'm not sure if I can stay on such a restricted plan for so long.

I do have a question...my husband would love to try the program, but he is very self conscious about weighing in and being measured by someone. /QUOTE]

Welcome Lisa and congratulations! I was on Phase 1 for about 15 months and lost 147 pds, so it can be done. I know how overwhelming it can feel to have that much to lose, but just take it one day at a time and it will happen. I also know how embarrassing it can feel to have to be measured and weighed. I was able to swallow my pride and do it, but it was hard. I wonder if there are many male coaches out there? Maybe your husband could do the program mail-order for awhile, then when he is more comfortable, start going to the clinic. I really came to value my coach and the support she gave me. Get him to start reading this forum - he'll see that we talk about everything and nobody is judged, because we've all been there...

Anyway, good luck to both of you!!! :carrot:

[QUOTE=Kedmund;4326318]anyone available to prop a girl up? my chiro asked me to do IP for my pancreas, not for weight loss. i love my butt and waist being smaller, but i'm STRUGGLING with motivation. my body fat % is in the acceptable level. i'm ok with my body (who doesn't love to be skinner, but i'm not sure that is trumping my desire to have "normal" eating habits again).

Welcome and good for you! One thing I would add is that even if the fat is not the motivator for you, health can be. You are young. You have everything to gain by improving your health and will benefit from the good choices you make now as you get older. I'm 59 and wish I had really understood all this stuff years ago, because it sure doesn't get any easier as you get older. When I was younger, I just didn't think any health problems would apply to me...that was for 80 yr olds! Not so...

So, maybe keeping the longterm life picture in mind will help.

How aboit some hot herbal tea?!

That is what I am having in response to my evening crave. Durn blasted cravings!! I am working with myself to live through those compulsive moments. I keep telling myself that I can "be" with that feeling and not have to eat because of it.

Hello Samba! I was just going to suggest the tea! I love what you say about 'being' with the cravings. It is so true! Just because we want something doesn't mean we really need it, and just because our brains are telling us we need something, what is the need being filled? Is it really hunger or is it something bothering us or what? Will that nibble really help? Just 'being' with the feeling will not kill us and it can build such strength when you know you can be with it.

Hello Aurora! I love food too! The thing is, long term, you really do get to eat great food! It's not like what we can eat on Phase 1 is gruel, drek, pond scum... you can be creative and get excited about meals. And in Phase 4, you can have anything you want, but by that point you have learned to watch how often you have those 'cheat' things and sometimes you find your desire to have them has vanished. At least that's what I'm finding. Now that I have 'permission' to have them, I find I can wait. So, don't think you have to give up being a foodie - yes, there are emotional issues that must be dealt with to succeed in the long run, but food is a beautiful thing! :carrot:

sekc14
05-09-2012, 09:45 AM
Wow you are one Hot Babe!!:bravo:

Wowee!!! Rocking the dress!!!

Wow! You look amazing! Congrats!

Looking beautiful!!!

Hot mama!!

Thanks Darralyn, MaMaZu,Chloe222, Sonyasbug, and Up North Girl!!! Looked for several days for a dress to wear to my cousin's wedding June 2nd. There were sooooo many dresses that looked bad on me. I was stoked to find this pink stretch lace one on sale at Lord & Taylor. The dress style and cut makes it work. Still have a ways to go before phasing off and then maybe I'll lose more as I increase exercise.

I love Ideal Protein!!!!!!!! I'm enjoying life so much more and I COULD NOT STICK with it on other diets. But, mainly coming here and reading all of your stories, experience, and hope pulled me through the difficult times. THANK YOU TO ALL WHO POST AND SHARE!!!

lisabk
05-09-2012, 08:24 PM
[QUOTE=Sewmam;4326686][QUOTE=lisabk;4326297] Somedays, I'm not sure if I can stay on such a restricted plan for so long.

I do have a question...my husband would love to try the program, but he is very self conscious about weighing in and being measured by someone. /QUOTE]

Welcome Lisa and congratulations! I was on Phase 1 for about 15 months and lost 147 pds, so it can be done. I know how overwhelming it can feel to have that much to lose, but just take it one day at a time and it will happen. I also know how embarrassing it can feel to have to be measured and weighed. I was able to swallow my pride and do it, but it was hard. I wonder if there are many male coaches out there? Maybe your husband could do the program mail-order for awhile, then when he is more comfortable, start going to the clinic. I really came to value my coach and the support she gave me. Get him to start reading this forum - he'll see that we talk about everything and nobody is judged, because we've all been there...

Anyway, good luck to both of you!!! :carrot:

Thanks for the welcome and encouraging words Sewmam. I spent a lot of last night reading him some amazing stories. Congrats on your success. You are an inspiration to me.

Sonyasbug
05-09-2012, 08:55 PM
SO incredibly amazing. 21 pounds in a month! Talk about being an inspiration to all of us on 3FC

Thank you. I am so pleased with the results. I have all the inspiration right here, everyday. :hug:

Billster
05-12-2012, 11:46 PM
Well I don't even know where to start! I have been struggling big time! To make a long story short I started a new job (stress), our wedding is in a week (stress) and last week my wallet was stolen and our life savings was drained from our bank account AND our credit card was maxed out (SUPER STRESS!). On top of all of that I have lost 0 inches in 2 weeks and only 3.8lbs, I'm not super upset to have lost that with everything going on. Let's just say the last 2 days I have not been even close to being OP. I'm disgusted with myself that I so easily feel back to old patterns. Tomorrow is a new day and I'll sure as heck be trying my best to get back on the 100% OP band wagon! The thought of only being 6.2lbs away from losing 50% of my goal is a motivator.