Ideal Protein Diet - IP Daily Chat Monday 5/7/12

View Full Version : IP Daily Chat Monday 5/7/12

usmcvet
05-07-2012, 07:40 AM
Welcome back to the Daily Chat thread - post your plans for today, share what's been happening, ask questions!

:welcome3:

Some forum lingo:
NSV = Non-scale victory
TOM = time of the month
WI = Weigh-in
WF = Walden Farms
OP = on program

Bookmarking:
Ideal Protein Sub-forum Home page
Consider making it a bookmark or a favorite in your browser so you can come back easily to get your RDA of Ideal Protein information.
Ideal Protein Sub-forum Home Page (http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/ideal-protein-diet-236/)

Information for newbies:
Check the sticky page for lots of good information and please read before asking what might be a frequently asked question here in the daily thread: Information on Ideal Protein phases (1-4), recipes, newbie guide, FAQ, and other important threads. (http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/ideal-protein-diet/238801-ip-ultimate-list-recipes-faq-newbie-guide-other-important-threads.html)

Tickers and Signatures:
There are 2 requirements to have access to signatures and tickers. You must have been a member of 3fatchicks for 20 days AND posted at least 20 messages anywhere on the 3fatchicks forum. When you've met those requirements check The Ultimate Signature and Ticker Thread (http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/announcements-forum-help/203435-ultimate-one-stop-signature-ticker-thread-read-here-if-you-have-questions.html)for more information and instructions.

Quoting:
The best quoting tip (http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/announcements-forum-help/203435-ultimate-one-stop-signature-ticker-thread-read-here-if-you-have-questions.html)- EVER!! Thanks Rosie, aka 6710.

Searching:
If you can't find what you're looking for in this forum using the website search function, try using the "double search" using Google.

1) Go to google.com. Search 3fatchicks by using the term site:3fatchicks.com at the end of your google search.

For example, if you want to look for "big mac in a bowl", type "big mac in a bowl site:3fatchicks.com" in google search. No need to inlucde the quotation marks when you type.

2) This will bring up the page that you are looking for, now hit Ctrl+F to search on that page. Type "big mac in a bowl" and all instances of that search term will be highlighted.

Progress photos:
have been moved to the Mini-Goal Photo Album. (http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/mini-goals-201/)

Other helpful links related to the Ideal Protein diet:
Dr. Tran Tien Chanh's website (http://www.trantiendiet.com/site/spip.php?rubrique19)

Dr. Tran Tien Chanh's book (PDF file): [URL="http://www.trantiendiet.com/site/IMG/pdflivre_Dr_Tran.pdf"]The Unbalanced Diet Approach to a Slimmer You

usmcvet
05-07-2012, 07:43 AM
Good Morning Peeps! I hope you all have a great day. I just had my awesome IP omelet with fresh peppers. Now off the take the kids to school and day care. more work around the house for me today, I have the day off. Laundry and need to finish stacking that chord of wood. I also learned yesterday i have an allergy to beech wood? Lots of itching on my forearms. I really want to break 60#'s Thursday this week!:)

shathom
05-07-2012, 08:02 AM
Good Morning Peeps! I hope you all have a great day. I just had my awesome IP omelet with fresh peppers. Now off the take the kids to school and day care. more work around the house for me today, I have the day off. Laundry and need to finish stacking that chord of wood. I also learned yesterday i have an allergy to beech wood? Lots of itching on my forearms. I really want to break 60#'s Thursday this week!:)

Good luck breaking 60#'s on Thursday! That is just awesome.

Good morning everyone, got class all this week so I will only get to peak at the website at lunchtime and after work :D

Here's to everyone having a OP week! usmcvet, thanks for starting the thread :carrot:

usmcvet
05-07-2012, 08:04 AM
Thanks shathom

I went back to Thursday and was able to quote that days daily thread, looks like it is okay now.

Sewmam
05-07-2012, 08:17 AM
Good morning everybody!

Here's a little inspiration for you...my niece, who always seems to sense when I need a boost, just sent me this link, and I cried like a baby watching it...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=qX9FSZJu448

Odd night...it was sunny and lovely all weekend, then last night it stormed, blew, hailed, stopped, started again. I hope it didn't destroy my peonies.

Today I have my weigh-in, get an estimate on the truck brakes, groceries, get more paint. Busy day. I'll try to remember to take photos. I never did try on clothes last night. Tried reading "The Lord of the Rings" for awhile and fell asleep.

I did barbecue a steak last night...that was so good. Haven't had one in ages, and I made the turnip fries to go with it. The Heinz low-sugar ketchup is great! (phase 4...)

Well, Happy Monday to you all and I hope you have a splendid, productive, joyful day!

prettyone
05-07-2012, 08:29 AM
Good Morning All.

Another good week, here we come.

NSV had a birthday/cookout at my home on Saturday, was surrounded by tons of desserts and carbs (but of course) I managed to stay OP. I had cucumbers/vinegar, hamburger on lettuce and protein puffs. For dessert I tried the mug cake disaster haha not sure what Im doing wrong but plan to try again. But other than that I was so surprised at myself. And there are still tons of desserts left but I havent even touched them. Enjoy your day~

usmcvet
05-07-2012, 08:30 AM
Sewmam

That was awesome. So youre telling me to start doing Yoga too.:carrot:

WingnutandMe
05-07-2012, 08:32 AM
Good morning all.

Being in the "wilderness" (our Michigan lake cottage) and only having very slow dialup, I can hardly read the posts, let alone add anything.

Brought almost all my boxes of packets and spices and flavorings with me since I never know what I want to eat. I have done well staying OP. Going to visit my cousin and his wife today across the state. She has celiacs, so lunch will work well and she is mindful of what I am trying to do.

Hope all goes well with WIs and you have the best ones ever. All the rest of us stay OP.

Have a great rest of the day.
Molly

P.S. My big NSV. Up here, we have these padded kitchen chairs (where we spend all of our time) and they have arms on them. This is the first time I can sit in them without wedging myself in and it being very painful. Yippee.

mtnsun4
05-07-2012, 08:51 AM
Good morning everybody!

Here's a little inspiration for you...my niece, who always seems to sense when I need a boost, just sent me this link, and I cried like a baby watching it...

Odd night...it was sunny and lovely all weekend, then last night it stormed, blew, hailed, stopped, started again. I hope it didn't destroy my peonies.

Today I have my weigh-in, get an estimate on the truck brakes, groceries, get more paint. Busy day. I'll try to remember to take photos. I never did try on clothes last night. Tried reading "The Lord of the Rings" for awhile and fell asleep.

I did barbecue a steak last night...that was so good. Haven't had one in ages, and I made the turnip fries to go with it. The Heinz low-sugar ketchup is great! (phase 4...)

Well, Happy Monday to you all and I hope you have a splendid, productive, joyful day!
WOW- truly inspirational!

Good morning all.

Being in the "wilderness" (our Michigan lake cottage) and only having very slow dialup, I can hardly read the posts, let alone add anything.

Brought almost all my boxes of packets and spices and flavorings with me since I never know what I want to eat. I have done well staying OP. Going to visit my cousin and his wife today across the state. She has celiacs, so lunch will work well and she is mindful of what I am trying to do.

Hope all goes well with WIs and you have the best ones ever. All the rest of us stay OP.

Molly

P.S. My big NSV. Up here, we have these padded kitchen chairs (where we spend all of our time) and they have arms on them. This is the first time I can sit in them without wedging myself in and it being very painful. Yippee.

Awesome NSV! :carrot:
Off to work I go! Finally saw the scale moving down after a week. Happy to see it! I see my coach tonight- I am doing a combo of alternatives and IP products. She has not seen me in 2 1/2 weeks so I am looking forward to getting measurements done to see how much I have lost inches wise!

Sewmam
05-07-2012, 08:52 AM
Sewmam

That was awesome. So youre telling me to start doing Yoga too.:carrot:

When I posted it, I thought of you and all the veterans who are struggling...glad you liked it. I did yoga years ago and have wanted to start it up again. I've got balance problems like he did, but there are poses that you can start with that will strengthen muscles regardless of what your limitations are. Mostly, I just thought his story was so uplifting and inspiring... ;)

Tmg1989
05-07-2012, 08:56 AM
NSV had a birthday/cookout at my home on Saturday, was surrounded by tons of desserts and carbs (but of course) I managed to stay OP. I had cucumbers/vinegar, hamburger on lettuce and protein puffs. For dessert I tried the mug cake disaster haha not sure what Im doing wrong but plan to try again. But other than that I was so surprised at myself. And there are still tons of desserts left but I havent even touched them. Enjoy your day~

Way to hang in there prettyone!

Dreary day in Maryland...have a good day everyone!

vicknops
05-07-2012, 08:58 AM
Good luck to you..you have had amazing success. It will continue!
Good morning everybody!

Nothing like a good cry first thing in the morning...thanks for posting this:)
Good Morning All.

Well done!
Good morning all.

Molly

I felt the same way when I sat in our arm chairs, feels great!:carrot:

Cole3
05-07-2012, 09:02 AM
Good Morning All.

Yay for staying OP!! Feels good though ... Nothing beats knowing that you were in a difficult situation and stuck to your plan. Shows how strong you really are!! It always makes me so excited when I come home from an event and have not given in to the "just a bite" temptations.

Cadu
05-07-2012, 09:12 AM
Just wanted to wish everyone a great day!!!!

prettyone
05-07-2012, 09:34 AM
Way to hang in there prettyone!

Dreary day in Maryland...have a good day everyone!
Thanks TMG
Good luck to you..you have had amazing success. It will continue!

Nothing like a good cry first thing in the morning...thanks for posting this:)

Well done!
Thanks Vicknops
I felt the same way when I sat in our arm chairs, feels great!:carrot:

Yay for staying OP!! Feels good though ... Nothing beats knowing that you were in a difficult situation and stuck to your plan. Shows how strong you really are!! It always makes me so excited when I come home from an event and have not given in to the "just a bite" temptations.
Thanks Cole. It wasnt as bad as i thought I keep moving around. I was in determination mode. This weight has to come off. I cant continue living like this. Yes I miss all the "good smelling not good for me junk":woohoo: Im still striving, Im a work in progress.
Just wanted to wish everyone a great day!!!!
Thanks Cadu enjoy your day as well.

salmongirl
05-07-2012, 09:56 AM
Wow, a great day already! Wingnut, it really is those little things, like fitting in a chair or an airplane seat or a booth at a resturaunt, that let us know we are loosing weight! I am happy that you fit in your chair!
I got tons done in my garden this weekend. I cannot wait to eat all those yummy veggies! Also, my last ewe FINALLY had her babies, twins! That makes 9 babies this year, 5 girls and 4 boys. All healthy. Good year indeed!

Official WI is tomorrow but because I am so close to onederland I have been peeking. Whoosh fairy has been hovering this week and I love her for that! I haven't been under 200 in at least ten years. I feel so skinny! I still have a couple weeks to go but I love this diet. It really does work.

I hope everyone has a great day.

CkM
05-07-2012, 10:00 AM
Hi everyone! The weekend was little tough, but I managed to stay OP... forgot my packets when running around doin errands. I would have been fine other than I had to feed my little guy and all he wanted was chicken nuggets... so McDonalds it was. I tell ya, it took a lot to not eat a fry!

I am traveling out of state for work today. So I packet my meals in my carryon with me... I know and I will stay OP for this trip :)

Have a great day everyone!

Cole3
05-07-2012, 10:02 AM
LOL salmongirl ... I have been doing the same thing. I put the scale away and stopped looking but at my last WI I was at 201 and I REALLY want to see that 2__ gone forever. So I have been cheating on my scale exile just a little. And as of this morning I am under!!!! Which means I should probably put the scale back away I guess and let the rest be a surprise at WI on Wednesday!!

skinnybride2be
05-07-2012, 10:02 AM
Happy Monday everyone! So did my weigh in this morning... 0lbs this week. Little disappointing. Just means I have to work harder this week! Also, I tried making a Cajun shrimp pasta with the miracle noodles. The cajun shrimp was delicious, but the miracle noodles were...uh.... not that great. I'll have to dry the dry roasting tonight and see if that helps. I really could not get over the texture/sliminess of them. Wish me luck!

rvingprincess
05-07-2012, 10:04 AM
Good Monday morning everyone, great weekend posts. Well things look like they are moving in the right direction, after only losing 1lb. at my previous WI, I have lost almost 3 lbs.(according to my own scale this morning) and my WI isn't until Wed. evening so still time to drop more weight. I am hoping to drop the last couple of pounds and then I will be officially in the 180's, havn't seen that for years. Well I would like to wish everyone a great OP week, and that the woosh fairy visits everyone before their WI.

salmongirl
05-07-2012, 10:06 AM
LOL salmongirl ... I have been doing the same thing. I put the scale away and stopped looking but at my last WI I was at 201 and I REALLY want to see that 2__ gone forever. So I have been cheating on my scale exile just a little. And as of this morning I am under!!!! Which means I should probably put the scale back away I guess and let the rest be a surprise at WI on Wednesday!!

:carrot::carrot::carrot::carrot: I am so happy for you! I know it is just a number but it is a milestone! Cheers!

KBig
05-07-2012, 10:06 AM
GM Ipeeps:
Keep it OP !!!

so my weekend was extra interesting....

Went to a fight party Sat nite.... someone I know who is also doing IP was there. pizza, subs and fried foods were the menu... I had my IP snack pack with me.... she begins eating the food that was there.... I did not. She looks at me and sez... I have my snack pack with me too ... a lil cheat wont hurt.... I looked at her and chewed on my caramel nut bar.

On Sun I saw my sweetie who I haven't seen in a month ... he remarked about my weight loss and my hair (got it colored and lightened ) and couldnt keep his hand to himself !! yay!

We grilled last nite and he decided to cook an IP meal - Steak, Grilled Romaine Lettuce, Grilled Asparaus and Mushrooms. Plenty of Water.
he loved eating and cooking that meal...

not cheating has multiple rewards.

twas a great weekend.

LSJ100
05-07-2012, 10:21 AM
Good morning! Some NSV's to report...I went to the movies yesterday and felt very comfortable in the seats...didn't even really notice it until the DH said something about being uncomfortable and I realized the change. Also, had my annual physical this morning and my doctor was very happy about the diet and said everything looked good - quickest physical I've had in years!

DanafromAustin
05-07-2012, 10:25 AM
I bet you'll make the 60# this week, you are so close. Good luck!

Good morning everybody!

That was beautiful, thanks for sharing and good luck at your WI today.

GM Ipeeps:
Keep it OP !!!

Went to a fight party Sat nite.... someone I know who is also doing IP was there. pizza, subs and fried foods were the menu... I had my IP snack pack with me.... she begins eating the food that was there.... I did not. She looks at me and sez... I have my snack pack with me too ... a lil cheat wont hurt.... I looked at her and chewed on my caramel nut bar.

On Sun I saw my sweetie who I haven't seen in a month ... he remarked about my weight loss and my hair (got it colored and lightened ) and couldnt keep his hand to himself !! yay!

We grilled last nite and he decided to cook an IP meal - Steak, Grilled Romaine Lettuce, Grilled Asparaus and Mushrooms. Plenty of Water.

twas a great weekend.
You totally made the right decision to stick with IP foods at the party, good for you!

Another hot humid day here in Austin with over cast skies, hoping that means rains. Just doing the mom stuff here today, homeschooling and chauffeuring. My mom is also coming for a two week visit at the end of the week, so getting ready for that too. Looking forward to seeing her because I've lost another 20 pounds since I saw her a couple of months ago, so that should be fun.

Have a great OP day everyone!

CassiR
05-07-2012, 10:32 AM
Morning everyone!

I hope you all had great weekends and managed to stay OP throughout the cinco de mayo festivities. My weekend was uneventful besides hitting goal on saturday at WI and starting phase 3. I am really enjoying it and feeling more energized. I also started working out so I did an hour of excercise both saturday and sunday. Not sure how much I'll be doing during the week after work but probably only 1 or 2 days maximum. The weekends are so much better and less stressful. It's only been 3 days but the scale at home hasnt moved up which is a good thing. I know its just glycogen stores but I do not want to see the scale move above my goal weight. I'd like to see it continue to move down just a couple lbs ;)

I may end up doing a week of phase 1 after my vacation in two weeks. I'm nervous for phase 4 and go on vacation a few days after starting it. We will see what happens :)

Have a great Monday everyone! Stay OP!

Daydreamer73
05-07-2012, 11:02 AM
Good morning everybody!

Thank you so much for sharing this video. It was wonderful and inspirational! We have much to learn from this gentleman... thanks again!

beckyjo
05-07-2012, 11:02 AM
I finally broke the 170 mark. I was going from 170 to 172 and now I am at 167.5. I am so excited. It is amazing to me to say I have less than 20 lbs to lose I have always had more than 50 so that it exciting to say. I hope everyone has a great day.

My son had an interview today with the electrical union today I hope he gets it. He is young so he may be looked over but it is a good experience.

prettyone
05-07-2012, 11:07 AM
GM Ipeeps:
Keep it OP !!!

twas a great weekend.
Good Job Kbig. Cheating only makes you feel horrible and so true the rewards are there. I think its the strength that we build for ourselves as well as the determination. Your dinner sounds yummy. Keep it up, have a good one.

Good morning! Some NSV's to report...I went to the movies yesterday and felt very comfortable in the seats...didn't even really notice it until the DH said something about being uncomfortable and I realized the change. Also, had my annual physical this morning and my doctor was very happy about the diet and said everything looked good - quickest physical I've had in years!
Good job LSJ100.

Good Monday morning everyone, great weekend posts. Well things look like they are moving in the right direction, after only losing 1lb. at my previous WI, I have lost almost 3 lbs.(according to my own scale this morning) and my WI isn't until Wed. evening so still time to drop more weight. I am hoping to drop the last couple of pounds and then I will be officially in the 180's, havn't seen that for years. Well I would like to wish everyone a great OP week, and that the woosh fairy visits everyone before their WI.
Way to go on the WI rvingprincess.

Morning everyone!

I hope you all had great weekends and managed to stay OP throughout the cinco de mayo festivities. My weekend was uneventful besides hitting goal on saturday at WI and starting phase 3. I am really enjoying it and feeling more energized. I also started working out so I did an hour of excercise both saturday and sunday. Not sure how much I'll be doing during the week after work but probably only 1 or 2 days maximum. The weekends are so much better and less stressful. It's only been 3 days but the scale at home hasnt moved up which is a good thing. I know its just glycogen stores but I do not want to see the scale move above my goal weight. I'd like to see it continue to move down just a couple lbs ;)

I may end up doing a week of phase 1 after my vacation in two weeks. I'm nervous for phase 4 and go on vacation a few days after starting it. We will see what happens :)

Good luck on Phase 3 CassIR you will do just fine.

BeansMama3
05-07-2012, 11:22 AM
So far so good this Monday morning. I am starting week 3 today and as a bread/cheese HOG, it amazes me that I have had no pasta, bread, rice, potatoes for two full weeks! Even crazier that they have all been in front of me and I crave the grilled veggies more. Who would have thought?

Kat2500
05-07-2012, 11:30 AM
Good Morning All.

Good for you!! Thanks for sharing.

prettyone
05-07-2012, 11:32 AM
Good for you!! Thanks for sharing.

Thanks Kat the determination to move forward has gotten the best of me.:carrot:

ProteinGal
05-07-2012, 11:40 AM
Just got back from my WI #5, down -2.6 pounds and 2 1/2 inches :) which I was surprised with because I'm sure feeling bloated these last couple of days, doing the Novi cleanse.

Going to do some gardening today since we finally got some sunshine, have a gr8 day all and congrats to all you other losers!

ProteinGal
05-07-2012, 11:42 AM
I finally broke the 170 mark. I was going from 170 to 172 and now I am at 167.5. I am so excited. It is amazing to me to say I have less than 20 lbs to lose I have always had more than 50 so that it exciting to say. I hope everyone has a great day.

My son had an interview today with the electrical union today I hope he gets it. He is young so he may be looked over but it is a good experience.

WTG Beckyjo, you must be on cloud 9! :broc:

Hopeful in Canada
05-07-2012, 11:48 AM
Good Morning Everyone;
Had my weigh in the weekend and down 3 more lbs. When she measured me I came down another 8 inches in 2 weeks, for a total of 50 inches. Yeah me!!!

haddy4
05-07-2012, 11:56 AM
Good morning everyone !!!! Im going to give some of my story..im 42 married for 23 years to my Junior High sweetheart..I have 2 children .my daughter is 20 old and my son is 15...when i got mariied at 19 i weighed 98 pounds and thru the last 22 years i bloomed up tp 240...I lost 30 pounds on slim fast last year and started april 9 0n ideal protein and have lost 19 pounds so far..I have owned my own daycare for 20 years.. I love this site and love to read the ups and downs of everyone and is really helping me feel like im not alone on the journey.

audgirl78
05-07-2012, 12:00 PM
Happy Monday everyone! So did my weigh in this morning... 0lbs this week. Little disappointing. Just means I have to work harder this week! Also, I tried making a Cajun shrimp pasta with the miracle noodles. The cajun shrimp was delicious, but the miracle noodles were...uh.... not that great. I'll have to dry the dry roasting tonight and see if that helps. I really could not get over the texture/sliminess of them. Wish me luck!

Dry roasting the Miracle Noodles?? Please tell me more! I will eat the noodles when I am having a hard carving for pasta, but I don't care for them unless they are made stir fry method. Any other suggestions would be great.

luvthesun
05-07-2012, 12:01 PM
Good day!
I love this site! It's my go-to when I'm feeling the least bit tempted....like 20 min ago when I felt STARVED! Hot tea in hand and kids at recess...ahhhh!

You are all so full of advice and inspiration...I thank you for that! Makes me feel less alone in this journey!

purple sky
05-07-2012, 12:05 PM
This diet does funny things to you, changes your views on what kinds of foods you crave and enjoy.

DH and I are down 107 lbs. We started days before 1.1.12. So far so good. Some lumps and bumps but mostly a successful ride.

Feel a smidge of a cold trying to get in. Bummed about that as I have not been sick this whole journey. Got a mini-vacay (isn't that when you always get sick?) planned to start P4 and then it's...ooooh, the next adventure.

Crazy me was more scared about P3 than maintenance... Who knows? (I sometimes put the cart before the horse)

Have a wonderful day and week with lots of successes and great thoughts.

Temptations and challenges will always be there. Just remember you are in the drivers seat and you have control of the steering wheel. Do you want to have control over food or do you want food to control you? I have seen a lot of cheating threads recently. Things happen. Everyone is human. (And spring is oh so tempting) But, some can get back in the drivers seat and continue their route, some detour repeatedly. It pains me to see how hard people are on themselves when they detour. So, stay strong. It's not always easy but it certainly worth the destination.

sprite613
05-07-2012, 12:10 PM
Good afternoon everyone!

I'm new to this section of the forum, and to the site as well. I just started IP three days ago and its going pretty well so far. I've liked all of the foods that I have tried and was amazed at all of the variations that I see some folks have made with them. I came across the guy from Finalnd's (sorry I forget your name :o) post about recipies and his facebook page. So many great ideas to try i'm very excited.

And thank you all for sharing your daily lives and struggles with the rest of us. I especially love the tickers at the bottoms of the posts.

Hopefully I'll get one in a few weeks and watch it count down like all of you! Have a great rest of the day everyone!!

LizRR
05-07-2012, 12:11 PM

Just stay OP and reading the threads/updates you should be well aware of how crazy leapfroggy the weightloss is. I think I've just gotten a little lucky catching my whoosh before WI so far. As for the Miracle Noodles, I actually LOVE them - but I use them in Asian style dishes (usually with WF Sesame Ginger & Soy), as they are more of the rice noodle texture commonly used in Pho and Japanese style soups (which I LOVE). Maybe cauliflower fried rice would be a better 'match' for the next Cajun Shrimp (which sounds pretty yummy - need to get some shrimp on my next shopping trip).

WHOO-HOO to the WHOOSH!!! Update us on Wednesday for the official count!

AWESOME FOR STAYING OP! That's just great!

Morning everyone!

CassiR - thanks for all your maintenance updates - that's super awesome making goal and for giving us insight into your maintenance days. I keep up and pay attention to you, Sewmam, and the other maintainers as y'all show us how it's done and how to keep it done!

Congrats on the decade marker! I 'unofficially' am at 170, but my home WI is about 4lb lighter than my official WI, and I only count my official WI - but it would be nice to see that decade drop!

Just got back from my WI #5, down -2.6 pounds and 2 1/2 inches :) which I was surprised with because I'm sure feeling bloated these last couple of days, doing the Novi cleanse.

Awesome! Those are great inches too - keep updates on the cleanse too please, I've never done it - but was considering it.

Good Morning Everyone;
Had my weigh in the weekend and down 3 more lbs. When she measured me I came down another 8 inches in 2 weeks, for a total of 50 inches. Yeah me!!!

50 inches - that's amazing! Congratulations!!!!

Good morning everyone !!!! Im going to give some of my story..im 42 married for 23 years to my Junior High sweetheart..I have 2 children .my daughter is 20 old and my son is 15...when i got mariied at 19 i weighed 98 pounds and thru the last 22 years i bloomed up tp 240...I lost 30 pounds on slim fast last year and started april 9 0n ideal protein and have lost 19 pounds so far..I have owned my own daycare for 20 years.. I love this site and love to read the ups and downs of everyone and is really helping me feel like im not alone on the journey.

Thanks for your story, this IP family of mine is really helping me through this journey - I can't believe I am on week 10 already! Y'all keep me strong and on track!

evepet
05-07-2012, 12:20 PM
'Morning all my fellow IPs. Congrats to those who've reported on WIs, and various NSVs. I love reading about them.

Sewman - thanks for the video. That fellow was so inspiring.

I just spend a considerable time doing a multi-quote post, wanting to respond individually to so many of you... but I did something stupid and lost the whole thing! So my apologies - this more general response will have to suffice for today, as I'm needing to get back to work!! (I work from home, and this forum is so addictive it's easy to get side-tracked from work!)

I do have one concern on my mind about my own weight loss/program situation... I think I've allowed myself to become too lax on the daily 'fat intake front' and this may be contributing to my lower weight loss over the past 3 weeks. Do you all use Pam or something similiar for sauteing, etc.? Or a little olive oil or coconut oil? Do you count that towards your 2 tsp of oil/day... or just the oil that you put on your salads, etc? I personally don't think fat is the problem with weight gain - but IP is based on low fat, and if I've inadvertently allowed my daily fat intake to slide up beyond the 2 tsp/day it's probably slowed down my weight loss? I've decided to avoid Atkins products as my alternatives in the future, since they definitely have a more significant fat count. I've been using some as my milk alternative with cold cereals, in my cups of tea, etc., and it does add to my daily fat totals.

Other than that, I'll just keep on truckin'. :) Feeling good - Feeling strong. :)

Thanks everyone. Have a great IP day.

Busymomx4
05-07-2012, 12:23 PM
Good morning everybody!

Thanks sewman for this inspirational video. Wow is all i can say!

I just started doing yoga a few weeks ago and i love it and you know what..my muscles hurt more after a session of yoga than a strenght training work out, lol.

ProteinGal
05-07-2012, 12:30 PM
'Morning all my fellow IPs. Congrats to those who've reported on WIs, and various NSVs. I love reading about them.

Sewman - thanks for the video. That fellow was so inspiring.

I just spend a considerable time doing a multi-quote post, wanting to respond individually to so many of you... but I did something stupid and lost the whole thing! So my apologies - this more general response will have to suffice for today, as I'm needing to get back to work!! (I work from home, and this forum is so addictive it's easy to get side-tracked from work!)

I do have one concern on my mind about my own weight loss/program situation... I think I've allowed myself to become too lax on the daily 'fat intake front' and this may be contributing to my lower weight loss over the past 3 weeks. Do you all use Pam or something similiar for sauteing, etc.? Or a little olive oil or coconut oil? Do you count that towards your 2 tsp of oil/day... or just the oil that you put on your salads, etc? I personally don't think fat is the problem with weight gain - but IP is based on low fat, and if I've inadvertently allowed my daily fat intake to slide up beyond the 2 tsp/day it's probably slowed down my weight loss? I've decided to avoid Atkins products as my alternatives in the future, since they definitely have a more significant fat count. I've been using some as my milk alternative with cold cereals, in my cups of tea, etc., and it does add to my daily fat totals.

Other than that, I'll just keep on truckin'. :) Feeling good - Feeling strong. :)

Thanks everyone. Have a great IP day.

I use light olive oil for cooking, not too high of heat, and EVOO for foods like salads or add in to cooked foods after. I never heat EVOO. I use 1-2 tsp like the protocol sheet says.

I also take Omega 3 fish oil 3 x daily.

ProteinGal
05-07-2012, 12:33 PM
Thanks for your story, this IP family of mine is really helping me through this journey - I can't believe I am on week 10 already! Y'all keep me strong and on track!

Your doing so good Liz! Your posts keep me on track too! Have a wonderful OP day!

audgirl78
05-07-2012, 12:35 PM
I haven't been on all weekend so catching up on everyone's post is kind of exhausting. However I am so glad to be back on an seeing how well everyone is doing.

A few days ago I posted that I made my husband hide the scale as it was becoming my addiction (weighing everyday morning and night). So I haven't seen a scale since WI on Wed nite. I have been completely OP the whole time, but I am still thinking I havent lost anything. Maybe it's because I am not on the scale watching it. My next WI is Wed evening so we will see how it goes. I don't want to be a slave to the scale, but I also don't like surprises.

I am going to put down that not weighing myself is a NSV though.

This weekend we had some tough times as we were working hard on outside projects not leaving much time to prep good meals. My family did the Subway foot longs, quick waffles, and even a not IP friendly restaurant, but I was able to pull through thanks to the quick soy patty and as someone else also mentioned, omelet with peppers. I make out a menu each week so I can stay on track, but had to move things around in order to have a quick snack instead of a full made meal on both Sat and Sun, but I was able to pull it off. I know that this week will be a lot of outdoor activity again so I will try to plan meals better and maybe do some prep at night for weekend meals.

Love hearing all the do gooder stories - keep em coming for mine and others motivations.

Thanks.

audgirl78
05-07-2012, 12:40 PM
This diet does funny things to you, changes your views on what kinds of foods you crave and enjoy.

DH and I are down 107 lbs. We started days before 1.1.12. So far so good. Some lumps and bumps but mostly a successful ride.

Feel a smidge of a cold trying to get in. Bummed about that as I have not been sick this whole journey. Got a mini-vacay (isn't that when you always get sick?) planned to start P4 and then it's...ooooh, the next adventure.

Crazy me was more scared about P3 than maintenance... Who knows? (I sometimes put the cart before the horse)

Have a wonderful day and week with lots of successes and great thoughts.

Temptations and challenges will always be there. Just remember you are in the drivers seat and you have control of the steering wheel. Do you want to have control over food or do you want food to control you? I have seen a lot of cheating threads recently. Things happen. Everyone is human. (And spring is oh so tempting) But, some can get back in the drivers seat and continue their route, some detour repeatedly. It pains me to see how hard people are on themselves when they detour. So, stay strong. It's not always easy but it certainly worth the destination.

Thank you for this post. I have been one that posted some cheats, but through major encouragement posts such as yours it has put me back on track. I am super competitive and very hard on myself whenI lose. I was taking my husbands major success (54# in 9 weeks) as a lose to me, and I know that's not okay, but the mind can play evil tricks on you sometimes. It's posts like this that keep me going.

Thanks Purple!

becca1978
05-07-2012, 01:33 PM
I am officially 100% committed. I have 8 weeks until my family reunion. I have been messing around for the last year now. I could already be at goal, but I am not beating myself up. By the reunion, I could at least be at the upper end of the healthy weight for my height. But also have to remember that I want to be healthy for me and not to compete with my super skinny cousins.

CassiR
05-07-2012, 01:42 PM
CassiR - thanks for all your maintenance updates - that's super awesome making goal and for giving us insight into your maintenance days. I keep up and pay attention to you, Sewmam, and the other maintainers as y'all show us how it's done and how to keep it done!

Thank you for your support and encouragement. Sometimes I feel like i'm rambling but i'm always curious to see if anyone else is going through the same situation. IP is a journey for sure.

CassiR
05-07-2012, 01:46 PM
I am officially 100% committed. I have 8 weeks until my family reunion. I have been messing around for the last year now. I could already be at goal, but I am not beating myself up. By the reunion, I could at least be at the upper end of the healthy weight for my height. But also have to remember that I want to be healthy for me and not to compete with my super skinny cousins.
Woo Hoo!! You can do this!! Come here often for encouragement to stay on track!

Congrats!! Job well done!
Good Morning Everyone;
8 inches and 3lbs!!! WOWZA! Good job!!
You can do this. You are making a change for your life and you will feel so much better even after 2 weeks on this program. Continue to stop by here for encouragement!

Jag23
05-07-2012, 02:02 PM
Good Monday morning. Feeling awesome here today. Yesterday we were on a motorcycle trip,I made a smoothie out of my peach,mango drink with kale,dill,ginger,gelatin and phyllium powder. Then 1 boiled egg and 1 pickle,just in case I needed more. I did great except for water intake. Came home and made Shephard's pie using turnip as my potato. I felt really good about my day. I am going to love this new clinic and I see the end in site so here I come goal!

purple sky
05-07-2012, 02:07 PM
Thank you for this post. I have been one that posted some cheats, but through major encouragement posts such as yours it has put me back on track. I am super competitive and very hard on myself whenI lose. I was taking my husbands major success (54# in 9 weeks) as a lose to me, and I know that's not okay, but the mind can play evil tricks on you sometimes. It's posts like this that keep me going.

Thanks Purple!

You got this!

BTW, I am sure you know men lose twice as fast as we do.

If this helps...DH lost 14 lbs week 1 and I lost 1.8. Not even two pounds. 1.8 coming out of the gate. Who does that? That is supposed to be your biggest week.

I would come on here and see big whopping loss after big whopping loss but my losses were always small. I convinced myself that was fine and from then on my story was slow and steady. Every 3-4 days on this diet I lost a pound and I was fine with that. It was consistent and steady. A couple times it took 5 or 6 days to see a change on the scale but that just became a part of my story. I went allover this site looking at all the stats for people in a similar height and weight loss range and came up with my own story. It helped me to create a picture, and give me a sense for how long I might be on this diet (and how much to budget). I prepared for a lot of things others went through but those things never happened to me. In the same vein I had a lot of issues others never experienced.

You got this. Just remember that. Firmly placed in the drivers seat with foot on gas pedal. GO!

Darralyn
05-07-2012, 02:14 PM
Hello everyone and great success to all on this Monday!!
Today is WI # 3 please wish me well!!

Darralyn
05-07-2012, 02:17 PM

Thanks for sharing about yourself! You are doing great!!:carrot:

DanafromAustin
05-07-2012, 02:19 PM
You got this!

If this helps...DH lost 14 lbs week 1 and I lost 1.8. Not even two pounds. 1.8 coming out of the gate. Who does that? That is supposed to be your biggest week.

I would come on here and see big whopping loss after big whopping loss but my losses were always small. I convinced myself that was fine and from then on my story was slow and steady. Every 3-4 days on this diet I lost a pound and I was fine with that. It was consistent and steady. A couple times it took 5 or 6 days to see a change on the scale but that just became a part of my story. I went allover this site looking at all the stats for people in a similar height and weight loss range and came up with my own story. It helped me to create a picture, and give me a sense for how long I might be on this diet (and how much to budget). I prepared for a lot of things others went through but those things never happened to me. In the same vein I had a lot of issues others never experienced.

You got this. Just remember that. Firmly placed in the drivers seat with foot on gas pedal. GO!
Thanks for this reminder Purple that we each have our own story on this journey. My weight has really slowed down in the past several weeks which is frustrating me as I would still like to loose about another 40 to 50 pounds I think. I read about all of these great weight losses each week on here, but then I have to remind myself that I did that too earlier on in the diet, I'm also 55 and on the other side of menopause too. And mainly that I've still lost over 85 pounds in almost 7 months. If the scale is now going to creep along, well then so be it since every pound just brings me closer to my goal. I guess this is my hare and tortoise story.

Darralyn
05-07-2012, 02:19 PM
Good Morning All.

Great job! Good for you and happy birthday!!!

usmcvet
05-07-2012, 02:25 PM
You got this!

Purplesky,

Good advice. Nothing wrong with slow and steady. We have a saying in my line of work. :drill: Slow is Smooth and Smooth is Fast. :drill: Basically meaning if you do things the right way (mechanically) the speed with come on its own. When we try to rush it it usually messes things up and slows them way down. It is what we tell new recruits when they are learning to draw their duty guns. There are lots of snaps, straps and levers on holsters these days and it's common to see a "boot" wrestling to draw. When the steps are done correctly it's very smooth and fast, and a lot safer for everyone!

:carrot:

prettyone
05-07-2012, 02:29 PM
Great job! Good for you and happy birthday!!!

Thank you Darralyn and keep up the good work. Actually it was my boyfriends birthday but I had to do the cooking so the temptation was there.

mooselover
05-07-2012, 02:30 PM
Going to Dr now to find out what is going on with my TOM and why is has lasted 27 days so far................Ultrasound I had was normal and did not explain why I am having such prolonged cycles.

Posted my new picture. My face looks so skinny :)

evepet
05-07-2012, 02:41 PM
You got this!

Thx purple. Your post *spoke* to me. In the past 3 weeks my losses have been slower than what I generally see reported here, and it was starting to discourage me. Then I read your post. I've decided now not to worry too much about it. I may experiment with different unrestricted/restricted foods, etc., and tweak a few things here and there, make sure I'm 100% with my alternatives, oil, water, meat, veggies, etc. etc... but in the long run as long as the weight is coming off bit by bit and I eventually get to goal that's the important thing for me. If I start stressing over it not coming off fast enough I just create another problem for weight loss - ie. stress. So if my weight loss story over the coming months is 'slow and steady' then OK. I needed that reminder. :smug:

skinnybride2be
05-07-2012, 02:43 PM
Dry roasting the Miracle Noodles?? Please tell me more! I will eat the noodles when I am having a hard carving for pasta, but I don't care for them unless they are made stir fry method. Any other suggestions would be great.

They have the how-to on their website & facebook page. I'll try it tonight and see how it goes. :)

Just stay OP and reading the threads/updates you should be well aware of how crazy leapfroggy the weightloss is. I think I've just gotten a little lucky catching my whoosh before WI so far. As for the Miracle Noodles, I actually LOVE them - but I use them in Asian style dishes (usually with WF Sesame Ginger & Soy), as they are more of the rice noodle texture commonly used in Pho and Japanese style soups (which I LOVE). Maybe cauliflower fried rice would be a better 'match' for the next Cajun Shrimp (which sounds pretty yummy - need to get some shrimp on my next shopping trip).

Thank you so much for the motivation! I'll give your suggestions a try!!:carrot:

paulimapi
05-07-2012, 02:51 PM
So today is my first day.
I had the crispy cereal for b-fast and the chicken soup for lunch. I didn't really like either of them, especially not the chicken soup :S
I also had a hard time eating so many veggies since I don't really like veggies, but oh well, sacrifices must be made!

Also, I was wondering, is there anything I can add to water so it tastes better? Because it's really hard to drink so much water for me. I like water, and I don't drink anything else with meals, ever. But chugging down so much is just ugh.

Tripmama
05-07-2012, 02:56 PM
Good Afternoon All!
IP is going super well. I am feelin super skinny and am hearing about it! There are hills and valleys on this journey for sure, but just keep on the journey.

Have a great day!

LizRR
05-07-2012, 02:57 PM
I was going to do another multi-quote but felt inspired to post my own little mini-story.

I am 37 and had my son 21 months ago (on my 36th birthday...so 38 in a few months!). I had a relatively easy conception, pregnancy, etc. but about 6 months after he was born I threw my back out, enough for a sore weekend on the couch (never have had back problems before). I shook it off, then threw my back out again BADLY 4 months after that, I could barely move.

Turns out my first pregnancy had aggravated a previously unknown spinal misalignment on my lower 3 vertebrae ("spondilolysthesis"). The misalignment causes 2 bulging disks, which in turn aggravate 2 nerves going down my leg. The pain has caused me to have a dramatic change in my lifestyle. I used to be a 'fit fat' person - I would run ~4 miles and go to a weightlifting class 3x/week, but my portion control has always been out of control and I never ate enough veggies. High impact exercise is now out of the picture.

Without my activity crutch the scale quickly moved from ~180 (that was pre-baby weight) to 214 (I was ~210 when I delivered my son). I actually have been at a high of ~220lb back in grad school (getting your Masters while working stinks!). But ~180 is a weight I have mostly been at, even in high school. I had a short period around my wedding (of course) when I got to a low of ~160 (that included running 6mi/day + weights 4 days/week), that was short lived.

I'm trying to alleviate as many problems a 2nd pregnancy would have on my back now, since I wasn't at a very healthy weight for the first one, I'm hoping that being proactive now to get to a good weight and staying healthy (fingers crossed) during will help with pain management and help curtail any potential problems. I had a contant 'pinch' that I had learned to live with for over a year as my weight was increasing but I've actually felt no pain for weeks now.

I had 'resolved' to lose the weight back in November when we decided to start trying for #2 but I just couldn't do it by myself (in fact I gained more). IP has been amazing and I am so thankful I took the step to talk with my doctor. I'm hoping my age won't be too much of a factor trying for #2 (although I wasn't exactly a spring chicken to begin with having my first), but I have really learned a lot about myself in these 10 short weeks.

Also, as an aside - I am an engineer so I find some of these numbers and WI results just fascinating!

haddy4
05-07-2012, 03:06 PM
Just found a great way to get 2 cups of vegies in my soup ..blend 2 cups of raw spinach and add to any of the soups... yummy and quick ..you cannot taste the spinach at all..also tried a rhubard and spinach smoothie..yummy again could not taste spinach..tasted like a strawberrie smoothie..i cup steamed rhubard..i cup raw spinach..1 cup water..1 tablespoon of wf syrup any flavor...1 cup crushed ice...blend..

Hopeful in Canada
05-07-2012, 03:21 PM
I had the crispy cereal for b-fast and the chicken soup for lunch. I didn't really like either of them, especially not the chicken soup :S
I also had a hard time eating so many veggies since I don't really like veggies, but oh well, sacrifices must be made!

Also, I was wondering, is there anything I can add to water so it tastes better? Because it's really hard to drink so much water for me. I like water, and I don't drink anything else with meals, ever. But chugging down so much is just ugh.

In Canada and the US, you can buy a water enhancer called MiO, it comes in a bunch of different flavours.

paulimapi
05-07-2012, 03:24 PM
In Canada and the US, you can buy a water enhancer called MiO, it comes in a bunch of different flavours.
Thanks :) I don't live in the US or Canada though :( I wish I could add some lime to it..

purple sky
05-07-2012, 03:39 PM
Thx purple. Your post *spoke* to me. In the past 3 weeks my losses have been slower than what I generally see reported here, and it was starting to discourage me. Then I read your post. I've decided now not to worry too much about it. I may experiment with different unrestricted/restricted foods, etc., and tweak a few things here and there, make sure I'm 100% with my alternatives, oil, water, meat, veggies, etc. etc... but in the long run as long as the weight is coming off bit by bit and I eventually get to goal that's the important thing for me. If I start stressing over it not coming off fast enough I just create another problem for weight loss - ie. stress. So if my weight loss story over the coming months is 'slow and steady' then OK. I needed that reminder. :smug:

I think the mind plays tricks with us. You can't will or wish the weight away. Plus, you can't repeatedly get on the scale till you see the next pound down. Trust me, I have tried. Have you ever noticed that the scale sticks stubbornly when it gets close to the mini-milestones, in particular those decades? From some reason it does not want to move when we go down to the next decade. Especially 150 and 200.

beckyjo
05-07-2012, 04:00 PM
I was going to do another multi-quote but felt inspired to post my own little mini-story.

I am 37 and had my son 21 months ago (on my 36th birthday...so 38 in a few months!). I had a relatively easy conception, pregnancy, etc. but about 6 months after he was born I threw my back out, enough for a sore weekend on the couch (never have had back problems before). I shook it off, then threw my back out again BADLY 4 months after that, I could barely move.

Turns out my first pregnancy had aggravated a previously unknown spinal misalignment on my lower 3 vertebrae ("spondilolysthesis"). The misalignment causes 2 bulging disks, which in turn aggravate 2 nerves going down my leg. The pain has caused me to have a dramatic change in my lifestyle. I used to be a 'fit fat' person - I would run ~4 miles and go to a weightlifting class 3x/week, but my portion control has always been out of control and I never ate enough veggies. High impact exercise is now out of the picture.

Without my activity crutch the scale quickly moved from ~180 (that was pre-baby weight) to 214 (I was ~210 when I delivered my son). I actually have been at a high of ~220lb back in grad school (getting your Masters while working stinks!). But ~180 is a weight I have mostly been at, even in high school. I had a short period around my wedding (of course) when I got to a low of ~160 (that included running 6mi/day + weights 4 days/week), that was short lived.

I'm trying to alleviate as many problems a 2nd pregnancy would have on my back now, since I wasn't at a very healthy weight for the first one, I'm hoping that being proactive now to get to a good weight and staying healthy (fingers crossed) during will help with pain management and help curtail any potential problems. I had a contant 'pinch' that I had learned to live with for over a year as my weight was increasing but I've actually felt no pain for weeks now.

I had 'resolved' to lose the weight back in November when we decided to start trying for #2 but I just couldn't do it by myself (in fact I gained more). IP has been amazing and I am so thankful I took the step to talk with my doctor. I'm hoping my age won't be too much of a factor trying for #2 (although I wasn't exactly a spring chicken to begin with having my first), but I have really learned a lot about myself in these 10 short weeks.

Also, as an aside - I am an engineer so I find some of these numbers and WI results just fascinating!

I wish you all the best on baby number 2. kids are absolutly amazing. My baby is 19 so I miss the newborn stage. I hope the weight loss is helping with you back issue. My back sure is feeling better since I lost weight.

evepet
05-07-2012, 04:04 PM

Thanks for sharing Liz. I also had spine problems crop up when I was in mid-30s - L4 & L5 herniated disks. Drs said it probably was caused by some of the tumbles I took skiing, etc. Pain radiating down through left leg, etc... numbness in leg increased and eventually they said I should have surgery or I'd lose most of the nerve sensation down that strip of my left leg and not be able to lift my left foot properly. I'm just mentioning this, because I can totally relate to the pain this type of thing causes. The surgery was helpful but not 100% successful, and I still have to be careful with things.. for that reason from that point forward I've avoided any type of exercise that involves high impact aerobics. I was quite standard weight right through high school, but put some on at university, and that seems to be the start of my gradual weight gain since then. When I hit menopause it just got that much more difficult to keep it under control. I'd diet and cut it back - yo-yo-ing on and off for the last 35 years or so (61 now) - but I never really stabilized or maintained the goal weights that I'd reach through other diet efforts... gradually I'd gain it back - or more. I'm really hoping IP will be 'my last diet' and retrains not only my pancreas but my *mind* into a successful permanent way of eating that keeps me at a healthy weight forever. With, of course, some healthy low impact exercise added for good measure.

Thanks again for sharing. And I wish you the very best in terms of your objective of getting totally healthy for Baby #2.

Darralyn
05-07-2012, 04:16 PM

Thanks for sharing and good luck on baby #2!

Darralyn
05-07-2012, 04:18 PM
Back from WI (I did it Wednesday last week). Only down 1.8 lbs; so a little teensy disspointed. I did much more excersize than normal and she said my muscle mass and H2O were up so that should be part of the deal...I will take the little and the large. Thanks for the support!!

evepet
05-07-2012, 04:23 PM
I think the mind plays tricks with us. You can't will or wish the weight away. Plus, you can't repeatedly get on the scale till you see the next pound down. Trust me, I have tried. Have you ever noticed that the scale sticks stubbornly when it gets close to the mini-milestones, in particular those decades? From some reason it does not want to move when we go down to the next decade. Especially 150 and 200.

When I weighed in at the IP clinic where I started, I'm pretty sure I was at 209.5. ( only stay with the clinic for that first week, and unfortunately I hadn't asked for a copy of my weigh-in record. WI #1 was -7,1; WI #2 was -3; WI #3 was -1; WI # 4 was -1.2; WI #5 was -1.8... total so far -14.1 lbs. So I've only crossed one 'decade' barrier so far. LOL... I'm aimed now at getting into the 180s. :) Actually, my goal for Wednesday apart from showing a nice loss is to at least get a total of -15 lbs lost - I want to put back into my signature one of the icons folks here use to show their weight loss in 5 lb increments... I want to be able to put 3 of them in there!!! That will feel like a *win* for me!

Darralyn
05-07-2012, 04:28 PM
Good Afternoon All!
IP is going super well. I am feelin super skinny and am hearing about it! There are hills and valleys on this journey for sure, but just keep on the journey.

Have a great day!

You are looking "super skinny" love the new picture!:p

mlucas
05-07-2012, 04:37 PM
Going to Dr now to find out what is going on with my TOM and why is has lasted 27 days so far................Ultrasound I had was normal and did not explain why I am having such prolonged cycles.

Good luck! Private message me and let me know what he says... I'm going on 2 weeks now! And looks like there is no end in site! I'm starting to get concerned. I was assuming that it's the hormone release with the fat.. but come on now. I'm worried it wont end. I couldnt imagine 27 days... let me know :)

evepet
05-07-2012, 05:04 PM
Good Afternoon All!

Have a great day!

Love your new pic Tripmama. And the new hairstyle. :)

Sewmam
05-07-2012, 05:19 PM
Hello again everybody!

I'm glad you enjoyed the video. We think we've got challenges...this guy really overcame so much!

I had my weigh-in today and went up a little, but really, it's only 1/2 pd since I started maintenance 5 weeks ago. It still astonishes me that with all the good food I'm eating now, and my Fannie Mae fiasco, I'm holding pretty steady. I don't go back for a month now, and that day I'm going to stay and do a testimonial for their workshop that night. I've been feeling pressured with the house stuff lately and not focusing on making the best meals I can, so check-ins always have a way of getting me enthused again. That, and taking the time to come here with you all...

My coach did tell me that they had a big conference in Chicago this past weekend, and IP is coming out with more products, including a pasta! They are also going to do more for us Maintainers, more products just for us, more guidance and ideas on how to maintain. Maybe they are listening to us... ;)

Got the estimate on my brakes...around $500...ouch! Forgot to write down the paint # so I couldn't get more of it. Oh well, it's still drizzly out so I can't continue the outside work yet anyway. Guess that means I have to attack the basement again and sort through those old clothes that I'm tripping over in my bedroom. ;)

My refrigerator is so stuffed, I can't fit all my just-bought vegees in there...need to go rearrange things....

Have a terrific evening!

patns
05-07-2012, 05:21 PM

The crispy cereal is much better made into a pancake.

It seems most people use MIO in their water.

purple sky
05-07-2012, 05:35 PM
My coach did tell me that they had a big conference in Chicago this past weekend, and IP is coming out with more products, including a pasta! They are also going to do more for us Maintainers, more products just for us, more guidance and ideas on how to maintain. Maybe they are listening to us... ;)

Good to know. Maintenance is pretty scary after the structure of the other phases. It seems to be a precarious balancing act. I used to jump in the maintenance thread, get scared and leave. Too real for me. Now, I am a little more ready. Maybe. Dunno.

Kaypix
05-07-2012, 05:35 PM
Good morning everybody!

Thank you for that video Sewman, loved it :)

It's the little things in life really :) Hope the rest of your week is great :)

I got tons done in my garden this weekend. I cannot wait to eat all those yummy veggies! Also, my last ewe FINALLY had her babies, twins! That makes 9 babies this year, 5 girls and 4 boys. All healthy. Good year indeed!

Official WI is tomorrow but because I am so close to onederland I have been peeking. Whoosh fairy has been hovering this week and I love her for that! I haven't been under 200 in at least ten years.
I used the whoosh fairy today, I"ll send her on your way :)

GM Ipeeps:
I cannot tell you how much your humor in this post made me laugh out loud! You know it's one of those things that just gets you. Some people cheat, some don't, but those who do seem to think if they justify it it'll be OK, and it's still not..doesn't mean it's the end of the world, but cheating is still not OK.

Just got back from my WI #5, down -2.6 pounds and 2 1/2 inches :)
Grats on the loss!

Good Morning Everyone;
GREAT JOB!!

Good morning everyone !!!! Im going to give some of my story..im 42 married for 23 years to my Junior High sweetheart..I have 2 children .my daughter is 20 old and my son is 15...when i got mariied at 19 i weighed 98 pounds and thru the last 22 years i bloomed up tp 240...
I went from 125 to 190 in 7 years of marriage, I can feel the pain. I joke with DH that monogamy is the worst thing for staying thin. Although once I get down to goal I'm sure he'd be MORE Than willing to help me STAY at goal :)

I do have one concern on my mind about my own weight loss/program situation... I think I've allowed myself to become too lax on the daily 'fat intake front' and this may be contributing to my lower weight loss over the past 3 weeks.
I find it totally ironic you posted this today, because I was being lax the last couple weeks with very low losses for so early on and figured it could be 'le fat! First week, coated cooking pan with EVOO 1/4" deep (so think probably 1/4 cup) and put the food in to bake...second week, I sprayed Pam cooking spray with Olive Oil in it (comes that way, green label on the pam can), also, had Atkins shakes the first week, and switched to Wonderslim and AMP the following week to cut the fat. I had bought REAL butter, which is high in fat, but not in carbs, so thought it'd be OK to use that in place of Olive Oil...me thinks I were wrong...the last three days that I completely cut the butter, atkins and extra olive oil I went down 2 pounds. I hate it when the math is right >.<

My DH is the same, he lost 4 pounds the first week, I lost 5...but he ate mcdonalds for lunch every day and snacked on twizzlers after the healthy dinner I made...*sigh* But it's all good cuz he has a bit to lose too.

I don't know what you do for a living or what your eating patterns are etc, but keep trying new things to find what you like. Ready made is not always the way to go, and for the veggies, some people blend up the spinach and mix it with a chocolate drink for a shake I think (I don't, but others have mentioned it). Drinking water is a MUST, so instead of not drinking anything while you're driving, or at school or whatever, bring a 16oz or 32oz bottle with you and sip on it throughout the day. Add ice if you need to. Ask you coach about how to make it taste better, if you don't have access to Mio, you could also probably order it but I don't know what the shipping would be on it. I made turnip chips to snack on while I watch TV and that helps, a ton.

mooselover
05-07-2012, 05:37 PM

Welcome, I married my High school Senior sweetheart 25 years ago this coming november. I also have 2 kids. 22 girl and 17 girl.

You are gonna love IP and this thread :)

Kaypix
05-07-2012, 05:39 PM
Let's see, Week #2 weigh in, -4.8 LBS! I will definitely take it. Week 1 was down 5, so this is a bit less, but I started walking, and to me that is a big enough accomplishment :) AND I'm firmly at 185 now! Oooh, need to update my profile!

Major NSV last night, or rather, afternoon...we went to the Avengers, right before my normal "lunch" time, so I snuck in a cut up cucumber and a almond atkins bar to the theatre and munched on those, and DH was so sweet, he bought me a bottle of water and himself his regular snacks, but I didn't even ASK for the water, so that was super sweet since I forgot I'd want any until I'd be molar deep in salty almonds. Also, I noticed in the mirror today, my upper chest is getting smaller, as well as my neck! I hear I'll lose from the top down, and doesn't that just figure, what I want to get rid of is in "the bottom" lol. Oh, and my measurements of bust was down 2" and waist down 3" in two weeks (actually 10 days) , so that's good deals for me :)

I hope everyone has a great rest of their day, I'm off to find yet another recipe to cook with chicken, then post it in my blog! I'm loving this blog thing...man i'm a nerd...oh well :D

mooselover
05-07-2012, 05:48 PM
Back from the Dr. Got some good news and some not so good.

Good news first. My total cholesterol went from 246 to 179. My LDL went from 179 to 124 and my triglycerides from 173 to 65!!! I've been on IP for 10 weeks. This is amazing!!! I can totally thank IP for these drops in my numbers :)

Bad news, no answers on my TOM issues yet. She did a biopsy and some other blood tests to see what is going on. She is on IP and doesn't think my issues are related to the diets estrogen surges. I will know more by the end of the week. The hyster word came up a few times.

evepet
05-07-2012, 06:01 PM
I use light olive oil for cooking, not too high of heat, and EVOO for foods like salads or add in to cooked foods after. I never heat EVOO. I use 1-2 tsp like the protocol sheet says.

I also take Omega 3 fish oil 3 x daily.

I find it totally ironic you posted this today, because I was being lax the last couple weeks with very low losses for so early on and figured it could be 'le fat! First week, coated cooking pan with EVOO 1/4" deep (so think probably 1/4 cup) and put the food in to bake...second week, I sprayed Pam cooking spray with Olive Oil in it (comes that way, green label on the pam can), also, had Atkins shakes the first week, and switched to Wonderslim and AMP the following week to cut the fat. I had bought REAL butter, which is high in fat, but not in carbs, so thought it'd be OK to use that in place of Olive Oil...me thinks I were wrong...the last three days that I completely cut the butter, atkins and extra olive oil I went down 2 pounds. I hate it when the math is right >.<

Thanks to both of you for your comments. I'm definitely going to monitor my daily oil intake more strictly from here on in.

0ojoyo0
05-07-2012, 06:04 PM
Hey everyone. I haven't been able to read too many posts today because I've been a busy girl! I hope everyone is doing well and staying OP. As for me, I am having horrible cravings. Not for anything in particular, I just really want to BINGE! To top that off, I've been irritable all day. I keep reminding myself that the immediate satisfaction will only hurt me in the long run, and I will be so dissappointed in myself if I give into temptation. I know if I just get through the rest of the day, tomorrow will be better (I hope). But, venting via the 3FC forum is helping a little (lol) so thank you all for reading.

I do have a question for all my fellow smokers. I know, I know, I should quit, but one thing at a time... Anyway, have your nicotine cravings increased on IP? Before I started I smoked about 1/2 pack a day, now I'm up to almost a full pack a day.

Kaypix
05-07-2012, 06:12 PM
Hey everyone. I haven't been able to read too many posts today because I've been a busy girl! I hope everyone is doing well and staying OP. As for me, I am having horrible cravings. Not for anything in particular, I just really want to BINGE! To top that off, I've been irritable all day. I keep reminding myself that the immediate satisfaction will only hurt me in the long run, and I will be so dissappointed in myself if I give into temptation. I know if I just get through the rest of the day, tomorrow will be better (I hope). But, venting via the 3FC forum is helping a little (lol) so thank you all for reading.

I do have a question for all my fellow smokers. I know, I know, I should quit, but one thing at a time... Anyway, have your nicotine cravings increased on IP? Before I started I smoked about 1/2 pack a day, now I'm up to almost a full pack a day.

My mother in law is going on Wellbutrin to help stop smoking, it mellows me out as well (on it for other reasons) and makes me not hungry. Kind of handy really. I hope your cravings subside! I know mine start getting super bad when I do get hungry, because when I'm hungry, I'm ravenous! Good luck today and see you on the boards tomorrow!

Darralyn
05-07-2012, 06:23 PM
Back from the Dr. Got some good news and some not so good.

Good news first. My total cholesterol went from 246 to 179. My LDL went from 179 to 124 and my triglycerides from 173 to 65!!! I've been on IP for 10 weeks. This is amazing!!! I can totally thank IP for these drops in my numbers :)

Bad news, no answers on my TOM issues yet. She did a biopsy and some other blood tests to see what is going on. She is on IP and doesn't think my issues are related to the diets estrogen surges. I will know more by the end of the week. The hyster word came up a few times.

I am thinking of you!! Hope it is not bad news.....you will be in my prayers.:hug:

kmc1021
05-07-2012, 06:31 PM
Hello peeps!! I am so happy with all the NSV and all the great WI's!!

I met with my chiro today and told him I was dropping the clinic. He was sad but understood. He said he still wants to monitor me and when I go in for my adjustments to bring in my WI's and inches lost. He is such a wonderful man. I go tomorrow for my WI at the clinic and to get all my measurements. I feel really bad for leaving, but I have to do what is best for me. Plus when using the alternatives (did that all day today) I have not been nearly as hungry. So I am happy with that. Might be because the food isn't as good as IP, but whatever, I will take it.

I am waiting (im)patiently for the UPS man to bring my 10 bottles of WF products. Delivery is for today and I bet he is going to wait till the last minute!! Figures!!

For all those struggling, let me tell you, I was the one a few weeks ago that was going to quit. I just couldn't handle it. Is every day awesome..no, but I do have awesome days. Like today, I made a killer meal and have no idea what I did (again). I just added a lil of this and a lil of that and made something great! Some days I just want quick and easy food and want to hit up the fast food, but I don't give in. It will get better!! And if it doesn't, oh well you have lost weight suffering!! (Someone write that down and tell me that the next time I want to quit!!)

0ojoyo0
05-07-2012, 06:33 PM
My mother in law is going on Wellbutrin to help stop smoking, it mellows me out as well (on it for other reasons) and makes me not hungry. Kind of handy really. I hope your cravings subside! I know mine start getting super bad when I do get hungry, because when I'm hungry, I'm ravenous! Good luck today and see you on the boards tomorrow!

Thanks for the response :) staying strong so far. I'm not gonna let the cravings win this time. I actually have a prescription for Prozac, but I weaned myself off it a while back. I'm thinking I may need to start back up aging if these mood swings are going to be a normal occurance. I'm already seeing results a week in, so I need to stick with this.

Samba
05-07-2012, 06:38 PM
Nearly making it through my tough day! I don't know why I felt rather weak today. I wanted to curl and eat though. Obviously something is going on with me.

Have been drinking more water. I decided I needed to change things up. Thought some walking would be good. Then, I got hung up on my posture and my walking form ,etc. Oooh, boy, just like an eating disordered perfectionist to fall in to such thinking!! For, heaven's sakes, I thought, just walk! Took the big boy male GSD with me. We had a good time. It did not completely shake the funk,but I am determined to get through this day.

My DH came home. He told me my legs are looking skinny. Ha! I kinda wondered if that was a compliment?! But, he hasn't been able to say "skinny" about any of me in some time, so its good! Never mind I feel a bit self conscious that I have bird legs while my torso still has lbs. to lose.:^:

Loved the video today. I got word of it from Sewmam here and another friend. Decided for sure I was supposed to see that today! Amazing and so real. We do have an incredible ability to heal if we will allow it.

Stay strong everyone. I've been thinking about so many of us sharing this journey. Love 3FCs.

Lace and Levis
05-07-2012, 06:42 PM

Your pictures looks fabulous!!! :cp:

Kaypix
05-07-2012, 06:55 PM
Nearly making it through my tough day! I don't know why I felt rather weak today. I wanted to curl and eat though. Obviously something is going on with me.

Have been drinking more water. I decided I needed to change things up. Thought some walking would be good. Then, I got hung up on my posture and my walking form ,etc. Oooh, boy, just like an eating disordered perfectionist to fall in to such thinking!! For, heaven's sakes, I thought, just walk! Took the big boy male GSD with me. We had a good time. It did not completely shake the funk,but I am determined to get through this day.

My DH came home. He told me my legs are looking skinny. Ha! I kinda wondered if that was a compliment?! But, he hasn't been able to say "skinny" about any of me in some time, so its good! Never mind I feel a bit self conscious that I have bird legs while my torso still has lbs. to lose.:^:

Loved the video today. I got word of it from Sewmam here and another friend. Decided for sure I was supposed to see that today! Amazing and so real. We do have an incredible ability to heal if we will allow it.

Stay strong everyone. I've been thinking about so many of us sharing this journey. Love 3FCs.

I'd rather have bird legs than Thunder Thighs :( 14 years playing soccer, followed by a decade of sitting around = bad bad :(

Lace and Levis
05-07-2012, 07:00 PM
Thanks :) I don't live in the US or Canada though :( I wish I could add some lime to it..

Lemon is allowed but there was no mention of lime on Phase 1. Not to long ago we talked about lime and it seems most agree that lime can be added to water. :)

Kat2500
05-07-2012, 07:00 PM
Today is the first day on the program that I have been hungry. Last night I dreamt bout frosted cookies. I do not ever remember dreaming about food. I know that it gets better, but it is hard right now. Thanks for letting me vent. I feel better already.

0ojoyo0
05-07-2012, 07:08 PM
Today is the first day on the program that I have been hungry. Last night I dreamt bout frosted cookies. I do not ever remember dreaming about food. I know that it gets better, but it is hard right now. Thanks for letting me vent. I feel better already.

I'm also having a tough day with cravings. Just keep in mind all the reasons you chose to come on this diet and that'll get you through. Just for your peace of mind, though, after the first day I wasn't very hungry anymore. Be strong! You can do this.

Cadu
05-07-2012, 07:08 PM
Sewmam
That was a great video, thanks for sharing. Very inspirational.

Darralyn
05-07-2012, 07:13 PM

Hang in there! We are all rooting for your success!!:carrot:

Skinnyminny26
05-07-2012, 07:20 PM
Hello and happy Monday everyone...so much good news on here, lifts me up just logging in and reading all the posts. Here's to a wonderful night and great Tuesday staying 100% OP

Tripmama
05-07-2012, 07:26 PM
Back from WI (I did it Wednesday last week). Only down 1.8 lbs; so a little teensy disspointed. I did much more excersize than normal and she said my muscle mass and H2O were up so that should be part of the deal...I will take the little and the large. Thanks for the support!!

Try not to be disappointed, it may be counter-productive.
:bravo::congrat: on your loss and sticking to the plan:D

Love your new pic Tripmama. And the new hairstyle. :)

:thanks:

Let's see, Week #2 weigh in, -4.8 LBS! I will definitely take it. Week 1 was down 5, so this is a bit less, but I started walking, and to me that is a big enough accomplishment :) AND I'm firmly at 185 now! Oooh, need to update my profile!

Congrats!:D:cheer:

SewingMomma
05-07-2012, 07:43 PM

Don't be disappointed! Cheer for every pound you lose. You're carrying around 1.8 pounds less than you were last week. I lost 1.4 last week, and this week I'm down 3.3. Your rate of loss will vary on IP. I've averaged 3 pounds a week, but that's all it is an average. Some weeks are better than others.

purple sky
05-07-2012, 07:50 PM

Do you do other things to curl up? I can understand wanting to chill or cocoon or some days staying under the covers a little longer. That is why I like soft clothes. Yesterday I was not feeling well. Almost flulike so I put on these thick pants I have. They are not jammies, more like fleece pants. Thick (and now huge- but I don't want to give them up) and after a while I felt better. I know this may sound silly. They aren't magic pants or anything, just thick furry ones but they were very comforting. I thought about having hot chocolate but already had my snack for the day. Sometimes I just wear soft clothes. Fleece jammies, those soft thick furry socks.

I have certain movies and shows I like to watch during these phases. Cause I am kinda geeky I love nature and science shows and I just chill out to them.

naysha6
05-07-2012, 08:01 PM
Good Afternoon All!

Have a great day!

Looking good Tripmama

You got this!

Thanks Purple, you dont realize how much that have helped me today. I keep estimating how much I will be able to loose in say 4 months and coming up short when I do my averages. Trying not to stress over the cost of the program and knowing it may take me longer to reach my goal than most.

Purplesky,

Good advice. Nothing wrong with slow and steady. We have a saying in my line of work. :drill: Slow is Smooth and Smooth is Fast. :drill: Basically meaning if you do things the right way (mechanically) the speed with come on its own. When we try to rush it it usually messes things up and slows them way down. It is what we tell new recruits when they are learning to draw their duty guns. There are lots of snaps, straps and levers on holsters these days and it's common to see a "boot" wrestling to draw. When the steps are done correctly it's very smooth and fast, and a lot safer for everyone!

:carrot:

They have the how-to on their website & facebook page. I'll try it tonight and see how it goes. :)

Thank you so much for the motivation! I'll give your suggestions a try!!:carrot:

I like that quote I may have to save it to my signature if you dont mind!

I've been struggling this week with PMS issues of wanting to eat the entire kitchen sink! My cycle is due anyday now so hopes it hurry up and get here. Plus my son graduates from H.S. next Wed, having company in town staying at the house and trying to be a nice host next week is going to be rough.

Wk1 -4, Wk2 -5, Wk3 -3, Wk#4 -2, wk#5 -2

Cadu
05-07-2012, 08:11 PM

sorry you are having a hard day Samba. Hang in there. It will pass. I bet tomorrow you will feel so much better. :hug:

omgzitsmiranda
05-07-2012, 08:15 PM
Guess who's back? Yes, I've been gone a month. A LOT has changed in a month, but for the better right now lol. Finally got a different car & our house *should* be finished within the month, but maybe a little after. *fingers crossed*

Matt is doing a little better, he has his good moments & his bad moments. But I think we have a better handle on it right this second and we're figuring out some of his seizure triggers, so hopefully we're on the UPHILL side of that!

I'm starting back on IP first thing in the morning. I'm so ready! I think I have my head on straight again & my eye on the prize, so here's hoping! I'm ready not to feel like crap anymore, I'm just drained. Now if I can get through the first week, I've done it before and I WILL do it again!

Here's to an awesome week :) I've missed you guys!

usmcvet
05-07-2012, 08:15 PM
Looking good Tripmama

Thanks Purple, you dont realize how much that have helped me today. I keep estimating how much I will be able to loose in say 4 months and coming up short when I do my averages. Trying not to stress over the cost of the program and knowing it may take me longer to reach my goal than most.

I like that quote I may have to save it to my signature if you dont mind!

I've been struggling this week with PMS issues of wanting to eat the entire kitchen sink! My cycle is due anyday now so hopes it hurry up and get here. Plus my son graduates from H.S. next Wed, having company in town staying at the house and trying to be a nice host next week is going to be rough.

Wk1 -4, Wk2 -5, Wk3 -3, Wk#4 -2, wk#5 -2

If you're asking me about the slow is smooth, smooth is fast go for it. It is not mine but just some good common sense. If you were not talking to me, These are not the Droids you are looking for.:o

SewingMomma
05-07-2012, 08:17 PM
Guess who's back? Yes, I've been gone a month. A LOT has changed in a month, but for the better right now lol. Finally got a different car & our house *should* be finished within the month, but maybe a little after. *fingers crossed*

Matt is doing a little better, he has his good moments & his bad moments. But I think we have a better handle on it right this second and we're figuring out some of his seizure triggers, so hopefully we're on the UPHILL side of that!

I'm starting back on IP first thing in the morning. I'm so ready! I think I have my head on straight again & my eye on the prize, so here's hoping! I'm ready not to feel like crap anymore, I'm just drained. Now if I can get through the first week, I've done it before and I WILL do it again!

Yeah Miranda!!!! Welcome back. I'm happy to hear that things are going better for you and Matt.

usmcvet
05-07-2012, 08:23 PM
So I brought the kids to the corner store for a "Creeme" which the rest of the world calls a soft serve ice cream. I bought a Powerade Zero and only drank 1/3 of it. It was good. The rest is in the fridge. Please tell me I'm right remembering that they're allowed by IP.

I waited too long to eat tonight and had more hamburger with my veggies than I would have liked but I know not to let that happen next time. I did get 40 ounces of water I. With dinner,

My youngest has Strep. I picked her up fro. Daycare and brought her to the MD. Poor kid. Then we waited about 45 min for the bus to drop off the two oldest, I had a RTD shake in the truck, should have had it. Hut I wanted to wait until dinner! Should have had the RTD! In well next time.

omgzitsmiranda
05-07-2012, 08:24 PM
Yeah Miranda!!!! Welcome back. I'm happy to hear that things are going better for you and Matt.

Thank you! :) I'm glad they are too! Hopefully they will keep on truckin! How are you doing? I keep up with you on FB ;)

naysha6
05-07-2012, 08:29 PM
If you're asking me about the slow is smooth, smooth is fast go for it. It is not mine but just some good common sense. If you were not talking to me, These are not the Droids you are looking for.:o

Thx Usm I was talking about the slow is smooth quote. Good common sense!

omgzitsmiranda
05-07-2012, 08:37 PM
So I brought the kids to the corner store for a "Creeme" which the rest of the world calls a soft serve ice cream. I bought a Powerade Zero and only drank 1/3 of it. It was good. The rest is in the fridge. Please tell me I'm right remembering that they're allowed by IP.

I waited too long to eat tonight and had more hamburger with my veggies than I would have liked but I know not to let that happen next time. I did get 40 ounces of water I. With dinner,

My youngest has Strep. I picked her up fro. Daycare and brought her to the MD. Poor kid. Then we waited about 45 min for the bus to drop off the two oldest, I had a RTD shake in the truck, should have had it. Hut I wanted to wait until dinner! Should have had the RTD! In well next time.

I'm pretty sure I read that some kind of drink like the Powerade zero is allowed now. I can't remember which one, but one of them LOL.

paulimapi
05-07-2012, 08:38 PM
Lemon is allowed but there was no mention of lime on Phase 1. Not to long ago we talked about lime and it seems most agree that lime can be added to water. :)

Yes, I was going to ask if lemon was okay, since it says it can be used as dressing, too. So, I'll just add a bit of lemon and it'll be okay. Thanks! :)

paulimapi
05-07-2012, 08:42 PM
Okay so, I was wondering, do any of you decide to make veggie shakes instead of actually eating the 4 cups a day? If so, do you have any recipes? Or can you link me to some thread that does? I'm just having a really really hard time chugging them down. I've never had so many veggies in one day lol
Help :(

Volly
05-07-2012, 08:50 PM
Okay so, I was wondering, do any of you decide to make veggie shakes instead of actually eating the 4 cups a day? If so, do you have any recipes? Or can you link me to some thread that does? I'm just having a really really hard time chugging them down. I've never had so many veggies in one day lol

Many of us blend spinach with our drinks in the morning... especially Chocolate.:smug:

MaMaZu
05-07-2012, 08:53 PM
Try not to be disappointed, it may be counter-productive.
:bravo::congrat: on your loss and sticking to the plan:D

:thanks:

Congrats!:D:cheer:

Wow Tripmama! Love your new picture, you look fantastic!!!

paulimapi
05-07-2012, 08:54 PM
Many of us blend spinach with our drinks in the morning... especially Chocolate.:smug:

Really? Spinach and chocolate, I'd never heard that before! Haha, thanks, I'll try it out.

MaMaZu
05-07-2012, 08:56 PM

Many enjoy a chocolate shake with 1 cup of raw spinach liquified with it, can't taste the spinach at all.

Adnamaj
05-07-2012, 08:56 PM
Oh my! I mixed my IP oatmeal this morning with very little water, cinnamon & 1 Splenda. Preheated my oven to 350, sprayed a baking dish with Pam and separated the oatmeal into 2 scoops on the dish. Baked for 10 minutes and I could of sworn that I was eating a cinnamon scone. Yummy, Yummy!

Cadu
05-07-2012, 09:19 PM

yes we can have pwerade zero and .. IT COUNTS AS WATER! :)

Kaypix
05-07-2012, 09:23 PM
Oh my! I mixed my IP oatmeal this morning with very little water, cinnamon & 1 Splenda. Preheated my oven to 350, sprayed a baking dish with Pam and separated the oatmeal into 2 scoops on the dish. Baked for 10 minutes and I could of sworn that I was eating a cinnamon scone. Yummy, Yummy!

This is Brilliant! I could almost make apple cinnamon "cookies" out of the oatmeal...

jcjnjj
05-07-2012, 09:56 PM
Just made the "banana bread" but with the chocolate pudding instead. Waiting to see how it turns out!

auroragrl
05-07-2012, 10:09 PM
I started IP last Thursday - last night and tonight I feel sad, no energy, overwhelmed and could cry easily. Could it be the diet or is it just me??:(

CassiR
05-07-2012, 10:15 PM
I started IP last Thursday - last night and tonight I feel sad, no energy, overwhelmed and could cry easily. Could it be the diet or is it just me??:(

This is a good sign!! :carrot:
When our bodies burn fat, it releases estrogen into our blood stream that was trapped in our fat stores. This means you will feel irritable and may even have some TOM symptoms. Thats a great sign because you know you're body is burning fat! Good for you! It's totally normal. This is a hard journey and once you get past the first week things will get easier. Stay on this board often for encouragement. Congrats on starting your journey! You'll do great!

Kaypix
05-07-2012, 10:25 PM

Aurora~ Someone mentioned to me, or maybe its was in some literature, that while you are going off of carbs you can have "withdrawal" like symptoms. I believe you could be suffering from that. Also you can become more emotional as hormones and chemicals are released from the fat stored in your body.
It'll be OK, and the sun will come up tomorrow, i promise :) Maybe ask your coach if you can have an extra protein pack a day or something else to help with the blues. The pudding/shake mix really does make great pudding, which feels rather treat-like.
I'll keep thinking of you and hoping you make it to this Thursday. The first week is the hardest, you'll make it through.

kellycg102
05-07-2012, 10:27 PM

Welcome to the post, this is a must doing this program!!! SO much support!

Crispy cereal I only eat as a pancake. Haven't tried it as cereal but it didn't seem appealing to me. I actually haven't tried it by itself as a pancake either, I love it mixed with the wild berry shake mix and just tried it tonight with the chocolate shake mix. Pretty good but still like the wild berry better. I usually use 1 packet of cereal (crushed with a rolling pin) and 1 of a drink mix, add 1/2 cup egg whites, 1/2 tsp of baking powder, 1-2 tsp of vanilla. Mix and add water to make a thinner batter, then I make two huge pancakes.....one for that day and one for the next.

I usually always have like a cup of spinach in my chocolate shake every morning .... No taste of spinach at all and super easy way to get veggies in!

Roasted broccolli and cauliflower is amazing.....I roast all my veggies now, zucchini, turnip, kale, peppers....everything! Add sea salt, onion powder garlic powder....whatever, experiment.

Mio is really great but you said you can't get it there. If you have no other option, I wonder what shipping would cost, is that an option?

Good luck and remember veggies should be measure as raw, once cooked they shrink

kellycg102
05-07-2012, 10:34 PM

Welcome back, sooo glad your husband is doing better, sounds like your stress level has come down a lot. You WILL do great! Good luck in your first couple of days. Stay strong!

usmcvet
05-07-2012, 11:01 PM

Thank you! It was pretty sweet. I will save it for a treat. It was not an ice cream but still nice. I might make some ice lips out of it if I can find the old Tupperware pop things or buy a replacement. I have sugar free Popsicles in the freezer but haven't gone there since week one or two when my coach said better not to. I keep this king its the same as sugar free gum which I have a few times a day Max for less than a card a piece.

Kaypix
05-07-2012, 11:16 PM

Really? HOORAY!!! Special treat for me!

paulimapi
05-07-2012, 11:23 PM
Welcome to the post, this is a must doing this program!!! SO much support!

Crispy cereal I only eat as a pancake. Haven't tried it as cereal but it didn't seem appealing to me. I actually haven't tried it by itself as a pancake either, I love it mixed with the wild berry shake mix and just tried it tonight with the chocolate shake mix. Pretty good but still like the wild berry better. I usually use 1 packet of cereal (crushed with a rolling pin) and 1 of a drink mix, add 1/2 cup egg whites, 1/2 tsp of baking powder, 1-2 tsp of vanilla. Mix and add water to make a thinner batter, then I make two huge pancakes.....one for that day and one for the next.

I usually always have like a cup of spinach in my chocolate shake every morning .... No taste of spinach at all and super easy way to get veggies in!

Roasted broccolli and cauliflower is amazing.....I roast all my veggies now, zucchini, turnip, kale, peppers....everything! Add sea salt, onion powder garlic powder....whatever, experiment.

Mio is really great but you said you can't get it there. If you have no other option, I wonder what shipping would cost, is that an option?

Good luck and remember veggies should be measure as raw, once cooked they shrink

Hi! Thanks for the ideas, I'll def be trying those.
I don't think shipping is an option, it's far too complicated and it takes like 3 weeks to get here :/, but i just read that it's fine to add some lemon to it, so I'll be doing that now :)

Stefany1769
05-07-2012, 11:50 PM
GM Ipeeps:
Keep it OP !!!

twas a great weekend.

LOL KBig! The 'I looked at her and chewed on my caramel nut bar' made me laugh, total mental picture of it! My son looked at me funny. :dizzy:

Really good job on staying OP! I would have been really tempted.

sumner0316
05-07-2012, 11:56 PM
Started IP on Saturday and am down 9 pounds so far... This is awesome and the foods are good too...

Skomo
05-08-2012, 12:43 AM
Welcome!

My coach says I can have a crystal light packet once a day. Also, decaf iced tea without any artificial flavorings is good when water is boring. You are going to do great!

Tripmama
05-08-2012, 12:59 AM
Wow Tripmama! Love your new picture, you look fantastic!!!

Best thing is.... I feel great too!:carrot:

Stefany1769
05-08-2012, 02:02 AM

You could try adding a slice of cucumber to it. Do you have crystal light where you live?

mylastdiet
05-08-2012, 04:59 AM
I'm just testing out my tracker! I will have my WI before lunch today, so hope to add my results to the new daily thread for today!

Cadu
05-08-2012, 06:17 AM
Thank you! It was pretty sweet. I will save it for a treat. It was not an ice cream but still nice. I might make some ice lips out of it if I can find the old Tupperware pop things or buy a replacement. I have sugar free Popsicles in the freezer but haven't gone there since week one or two when my coach said better not to. I keep this king its the same as sugar free gum which I have a few times a day Max for less than a card a piece.

I have the powerade zero everyday.. I love it.