Old 05-06-2012, 01:53 PM   #1  

S/C/G: 196/194/120

Height: 5"6

Default 4 month-16 week-40 pound challange anyone!!!!????!

Hey everyone,

I'm new I am going to try out for the rowing team in September so I need to lose some weight a little faster. I am aiming for 10 pounds a month this spring/summer, And i will post my weekly weigh-ins every Sunday. So right now I am 194lbs And I want to be at 185 by June 1st, 175 by July 1st, 165 by August 1 and 155 by September 1st. So its a 4 month 40 pound challenge!!!

Just post your weights whenever you want (or just your progress/deficit) and I will chart them each week on Sunday. Anyone else in??? I'll prob just start a 5lbs/ month challenge after that tbh. Weight-loss really is a challenge for me and I noticed whenever I tell other people I'm gonna get something done, or I make a promise, I always keep it, so this is probably the best way for me to go.

JOIN ME!!!!...please

-Ashley
AshleyMarie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2012, 02:53 PM   #2  

S/C/G: 228/see ticker/160

Height: 5'4

well I'll join you I'm at 191 right now, Idk how low my body will go but I'm willing to try b/c 151 would be awesome! basically my highschool weight I was between 140-150 I'm wanting to run a 5k in the fall so I have been working towards that! I walked a 5k today for march of dimes and I felt great so I'm starting to get confident that i can be ready by then!
momof3preemies is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2012, 03:21 PM   #3  

We can totally do this!!! My mom had 5 kids and she reached her goal weight of 135 pounds!!! I'm a bit of a nerd so I've done alot of calculations, and we need to lose around 2 1/2 pounds per week, though in may probably a little more than that during May since we started a little late so around 2.75lbs.

I'm drinking alot of water, to get rid of water weight to help with the fact that it's already May 6th. I'm trying to lose 500 cal a day at least from running which is like a pound a week, do resistance and strength training every day and eating 1200 calories a day. So I wake up at 6 to exercise for an hour a half. What's your plan like?

Yay!! Now I feel less alone. Post once a week and goodluck!! I believe we can both do this!!!!!!

-Ashley
Old 05-07-2012, 09:48 AM   #4  

S/C/G: 228/see ticker/160

Height: 5'4

I have been working on it I have lost 32lbs since mid january. I take an appetite controller given by my doctor which soon I will be getting off, of it.. it was just to retrain my body on portion control....but anyways I take that. I don't count calories exactly I look at the back of everything and make sure it isn't high in calories so I more watch my calories.... I have a problem though I tend to not eat because Im not hungry so of course you need to eat so many calories to loose calories to lose weight...so that's why i probably need to stop the pill because it's probably hurting me more than helping me now.....anyways I walk/jog/run atleast a mile every day and lift smal weights while doing some cardio. And also I doo 100 crunches and reverse crunches and stuff like that. good luck to you we can and will do it!
momof3preemies is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2012, 02:30 AM   #5  
Pinkie Pie Pony

S/C/G: 194/180.2/125

Height: 5'5

YESSSSSSS! I'm totally in! <3 My weight right now is 181.6. I'm excited, maybe this will keep me accountable.
Start weight: 181.4
Week 1- 178.8
Week 2
Week 3
Week 4
Week 5
Week 6
Week 7
Week 8
Week 9
Week 10
Week 11
Week 12
Week 13
Week 14
Week 15
Week 16
Goal Weight:140

Last edited by Goody3shoes; 05-13-2012 at 03:56 PM.
Goody3shoes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2012, 02:49 AM   #6  
I can do anything!

S/C/G: 267/Ticker/150 & BAMF

Height: 5'9.5"

Be careful, ladies. These goals are extremely ambitious... maybe unrealistic, at your weights. I'd just hate for you to get discouraged if things don't move as quickly as you'd like them to.
ValRock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2012, 03:21 PM   #7  

S/C/G: 210/207/140

Height: 5'3"

Oooo me! I'm in! I don't know if I'll lose 10 pounds every month, though. I'll try I am losing weight like crazy right now because I'm pretty big and just started on my diet on Friday. When the water weight all drops off and I slow down then I am going to start Zumba. I have it all ready. I just wanted to give myself a couple weeks just dieting so that I didn't burn myself out on such big life changes. I tend to pour myself heart and soul into something that's exciting for me and then i get overwhelmed I quit everything entirely...I know, it's terrible. Anyway, I started on Friday last week, so I will post every Friday!

SW: 210
May Goal: 200
4-month Goal: 170

I will weigh in this Friday Good luck everyone! I know we can lose this weight together!!!

Last edited by jessieb; 05-08-2012 at 03:45 PM.
jessieb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2012, 02:42 AM   #8  

S/C/G: 257/160/135

Height: 5'5

Challenge accepted!!!
BlackBarbieKiss125 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2012, 11:56 AM   #9  

Shoot for the moon and you'll land amongst the stars right. I don't have to lose 10 pounds a month but if I aim for that, the motivation will push me to lose more weight. I know it is unrealistic, but it is a challenge after all. And I won't be disappointed if I come relatively close. I hope noone else will be either! Stay positive!

-Ashley Marie
Old 05-11-2012, 12:08 PM   #10  

S/C/G: 279/260/175

Height: 5'9

I would love to join also. I haven't been doing so well this week and definetely would love to lose 40 pounds in 16 weeks and I do believe if we work hard it is very doable. Good Luck Ladies!!!
getmydivaback3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2012, 07:51 PM   #11  

Weekly update, i am at 192 now, and have lost 2 pounds since Sunday. I'm really ramping up my exercise this week to keep my goal of 185 by June. I'll let you know how it goes, and remember to post!

-Ashley Marie
Old 05-14-2012, 03:00 AM   #12  

S/C/G: 176/135/115

Height: 5'3

168 now, I WOULD love to be 128 by September....I know it will probably not happen, but I want to try (:
polka23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2012, 08:03 AM   #13  

Smile I'm in!

I believe I can do this even though I'm starting late! My starting weight is higher so if I give it my all, it shouldn't be a problem losing 10 lbs a month!

I will be drinking more water, walking daily for up to an hour, Zumba and weight training, and eating lower calorie healthy foods like lean meats and vegetables and whole grains.

Week 1- 281 Monday, May 14th
Week 2-278.2 Tuesday, May 22nd
Week 3-277.8
Week 4-278.2
Week 5-276.4
Week 6-havent weighed yet lol (dad had open heart surgery so weight loss is slow right now)

Last edited by jjjumble; 06-21-2012 at 11:33 AM.
jjjumble is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2012, 12:31 PM   #14  

Hey is everyone still with me on this? its okay if your not because i know it is alot of work and not everyone realistically has the time to exercise everyday... but nobody is updating their posts!!!...??? Anyway, this week was not soo good. I was stressed out because of family issues and i overate. I really need to stop using food like that, and it wasn't a huge binge or anything. It was a chocolate bar, and i couldn't even finish it because I thought it was too sweet, which is progress haha. So I am at 191, which is still good, but not what I expected. Let you know how it goes next week. I must make my goal!!
Old 05-22-2012, 11:02 AM   #15  

Smile

I'm totally with you on this!! Today I am 278.2, so down 3 lbs in a week. My week wasn't perfect either, we ate buffet twice! There were days I couldn't get "official" exercise, so on those days I stayed super busy cleaning and folding laundry for hours, so it counted as some exercise! I did get out and walk also, the first day being half a mile, and the next a mile and a half ... But I also had to walk further than that bc I walk to the track where I do the laps! I did not get to exercise yesterday, so I will be doing extra today!

My point is on all that, if you make mistakes, don't beat yourself up! I had a baby at the end of last year, so its time for me to lose again. I'm no stranger to losing weight. I used to freak out when I ate something I knew I shouldn't, or thought I ate too many calories then I would just give up for that day or week. That does more damage bc you end up consuming more calories anyway than if you just stop, tell yourself its okay, and pick up where you left off!

Exercise will help you start to control your calories better. When I was 14, I weighed 155 lbs. I dieted mainly and exercised some, I got to 117 lbs. I didn't do it the healthy way by no means. That time in my life was harder bc I was constantly starving! There was another time after my 1st child that I weighed about 180 lbs! I was having a hard time cutting down on portions at first! But I stuck to walking every single day!! I walked at least 2 miles minimum, and increased from there. Even before I started cutting down portions, I still lost weight the first week! The next week I started counting calories and eating about 1200 a day. I still walked at least 2 miles everyday and by the end of 2 weeks I had lost 20 lbs!! No joke! It was mainly the exercise! When I was starving myself, it took way longer to lose weight! So don't beat yourself up if you eat a lot, just walk or dance it off and start again the next day!!
jjjumble is offline   Reply With Quote