Weight Loss Support - Daily Accountability/Lifestyle Change - Everyone Welcome! Week of 5/6/12

Diana3271
05-06-2012, 08:48 AM
Hello Everyone! :wave: Welcome to the Check-In! Let's make it a great week!

I want to welcome everyone to the Daily Accountability Check-In. Our goal is to stay accountable and on track by posting our daily food and exercise choices. All food and exercise programs are welcome. Consistency is the key to reaching our weight loss goals.

Introduce yourself or jump right in and tell us what you have been doing.

:cheer2: Here's to the start of a great week! :cheer2:

Diana3271
05-06-2012, 08:52 AM
Good Morning, Everyone! :wave:

My calories were a doozie last night and I am up on the scale. It was expected, though. Sometimes when I go over like this I will have another gain the second day. We'll see if that happens. At least I know what to expect. I don't have to be happy with it, but I understand what happens.

Calories for yesterday: 2214 + :coffee:
Weigh In: 145.6
Up: 1 pound

Rintin
05-06-2012, 10:20 AM
Hi diana! I had a less then stellar day yesterday too. Today my calorie plan is 1500, so far I am @ 250 at breakfast. Will be back at the end of the day. Good luck today!

KatieAlyse
05-06-2012, 10:46 AM
Good morning everyone. I FINALLY hit 203 yesterday! :carrot: I've been at 204 for a little over a week now and wasn't budging...guess TTOM had something to do with that. I did good getting back in the gym and went full force but today is my blah day. Stayed up waaay too late last night and I'm feeling it this morning. :tired: And today we are going to my boyfriend's dad's house. I'm not looking forward to it. Everyone that will be there is skinny and guess what, he's having a pool party. This girl wont be swimming. (I'll just...tan?) I guess it's more embarassing than anything and I feel like the odd ball out because I'm the heaviest one there, by far. In June we will be together 3 years and the feelings haven't changed since the first time I went over there. Once I'm there I feel okay but I get Very anxious before we go. I hate it. :(

Well here's to good thoughts and hopes of a better day...

ItsMyTurn
05-06-2012, 11:49 AM
Diana - Scale didn't go up too much for you and you got to fill the craving for fried chicken that wouldn't go away - I say you did good :) I am betting pending TOM is the culprit for you too

Kathy- thank you for the congrats :) Seems I waited forever to start seeing scale movement again, so have honestly been stoked! OooooOOO.. going to a deserted beach sounds so peaceful!!! Doing a 3K jog afterwards sounds like the perfect way to complete a day :)

Katie - Congrats on seeing the drop

Yesterday was nice for me. Workout in morning, sun bathing and swimming in afternoon, did some cleaning in evening and played a WII dance game with DD13 too. I sure do love my weekends! Hope you all are having an awesome one too?

Mamakat - have you gotten sleep?

KittehMomma
05-06-2012, 11:54 AM
Good morning, everyone.

Ate off plan yesterday, but not too terribly, and I did get an hour walk in. I intend to walk some more today, and maybe hit the gym near the library after I return some books.

Today's weight 177.5.

cbressler1976
05-06-2012, 11:57 AM
Good morning everyone!!
My weight was very strange this week...I went up for some reason....but now I am back to 174... I just can't wait until I get into the 160's.... I started this diet at the begining of April because of a picture that I saw of myself.....we bought these kayaks a couple of months ago and my husband loves taking pictures of me and my boys kayaking....well, I saw the first picture of myself and I couldn't even believe how big I was!! I was so upset, so I prayed like crazy for the will power to start my diet.....well, yesterday we were kayaking in the upper keys (we live in south florida so its close by) and my husband was taking pictures as usual....so I compared those pictures with my first pictures and even though I still need to lose a lot of weight I can tell a big difference!! ....so I must be doing something right!! It may take forever, but I will get there....

Diana3271
05-06-2012, 09:31 PM
Hi Everyone! :wave: I hope you had a great day!

Rintin Hi and Welcome to the check-in! :wave:

Katie I hope you had a nice day after all at the pool party. You are getting so close to Onederland! Keep it up! :carrot:

Itsmyturn Love my weekends, too! :D We really need to find a way to retire, don't we? ;) Just to prove how much we would enjoy and appreciate the down time. Still no TTOM for me. I'm not feeling as achy or bloated as I did yesterday. Not sure what's up with that. :lol: I hope you had another good day.

Kitteh Did you make it to the gym?

Cbressler Good job in being able to see your progress in the pictures! :carrot:

Diana3271
05-06-2012, 09:36 PM
Total Approx 1395 Calories + :coffee:

Breakfast (395 Calories + coffee)
spritz oil in pan
egg 70 cal
egg whites from carton 60 calories
Vegetable of choice
1/8 cup feta cheese 40 calories
Rudi's Whole Wheat English muffin 130 calories
1 teaspoon jam 20 calories
juice 75 calories
coffee w/sugar and cream

Lunch (600 Calories)
Turkey Wrap 400 calories
Steamed Veggies 100 calories
Fruit cup 100 calories

Dinner (400 Calories)
Cottage cheese 300 calories
cantaloupe 100 calories

Exercise:
#10 SD Xtreme Upper Body w/12's & 15's (I used 15's for biceps)
#10 SD Xtreme Cardio Kickboxing w/weighted gloves

cbigsis
05-06-2012, 11:18 PM
Hi Everyone! I hope you all had a nice weekend. I definitely ate off plan yesterday. We went to Famous Dave's for dinner. They have a citrus grill menu but I LOVE ribs, so I got my usual dinner but tried to eat much less of it. I did pretty well for how I usually would do so I am happy with it. I had 3 ribs and some baked beans and about 10 fries. Not the most healthy food but I felt ok like I had not way overeaten.

Diana: Sounds like you are handling having a spike day in calories just fine! Only up a pound from the fried chicken dinner could even be due to higher sodium. You are very diligent with tracking your food, I'm sure it will be back to normal in a day or two. :)

Katie: Yay for the drop in weight! I hope you had a fun day!

Ismyturn: Glad you had a nice weekend. :)

Kitteh: Great job staying active! A lot of times that will help motivate me when I find myself going off my meal plan.

cbressler: Isn't that awesome seeing your progress in pictures? I love that!

cbigsis
05-06-2012, 11:25 PM
Exercise today: Ifit 5k competition on my treadmill. I am a turtle so my time was 34:30. But I am working on it! A few weeks ago I did one and my time was almost 38 minutes so that is progress. :)

Brunch:
2 pancakes with 1 TBS nutella
1/2 banana
6 strawberries

Dinner:
Pulled pork sandwich on whole grain roll
baked sweet potato
salad with balsamic vinegrette (no cheese!)

Weekends are a strange schedule for me, I normally like to eat less at a time much more often throughout the day. I'm looking forward to a more normal eating schedule tomorrow.

mamakat
05-07-2012, 06:44 AM
Monday Morning WI 188.8 up .6 from last week.

Yep, I went up instead of down. I saw it coming. I had a very weird week. Lack of sleep and food turned into crash and burn. Saturday night DH made his pizza. Usually he puts it in these giant deep dish bake ceramic bowl thingys (I'm so up on kitchen lingo :p) with a low carb tortilla on the bottom to hold the cheese and stuff together. I don't eat the tortilla, it's not worth the gluten (it taste like cardboard). However, Saturday, DH baked it in croissant dough from Pillsbury and delivered it that way. Well, after no sleep and no real food in who knows how long, I mindlessly ate the whole thing. I just couldn't be bothered with separating and it smelled so good. So as many of you know, I am now in pain and dealing with gluten intolerance. He apologized :)

ItsMyTurn I have gotten a few hours sleep on Friday night. Saturday night I wasn't doing so good (see above :lol:) Sunday after going hunting for rat food (two Petco's and no luck) DH and I walked around BJ's for fun (OK, it wasn't really fun). I parked my car at one end of the plaza so we had to walk which was great for both of us. Then we got home and he tried mowing the lawn after hurting his knee a few weeks ago. Guess what, it's hurt again. So I finished the lawn (without a hat) I got plenty of sleep after that. I was woken up to pick up DD from a friends, I walked around like a zombie till dinner, ate, did some editing till 11.45 and was out cold again. Chances are I'll crash again today. Sun and gluten are like wine and rocks :lol: Have a great day!

Diana Good morning. I'm glad your mom is doing better. Fried chicken sounds really good. I think the only thing my mother was good for was her cooking (when she decided it was necessary). She made awesome fried chicken, but clean up was terrible and I always had to do it, she had a weird rule, no cleaning until following day when she was up and out. She didn't want us to ruin her "romantic" nights. Wow, I'm super bitter this morning :p I like hearing how people have a real relationship with their mom, it always makes me feel good :) And I like hearing how you and your mom react, although its crazy for you, it always makes me think "this is what it should be like." Of course, she could let you help more. Have a great day.

OK, I was chatting this morning, so I won't keep going. I'm still exhausted and I have a lot of laundry to do...:lol: I really was preoccupied last week, but I have good news. The book is finished, first draft. So I will fine tune it when I feel like it. It turned out to be over 166k words and 227 pages, not bad. I'm glad it's done. Time for the next one :) OK sleep, food and laundry first.

Have a wonderful and healthy day!

Diana3271
05-07-2012, 07:00 AM

Today will be a very busy day. Have a great day!

Calories for the day: 1395 + :coffee
Weigh In: 145.8
Up: .2 (I expected this second day of gain)

KittehMomma
05-07-2012, 08:15 AM
Good morning.

I've started blogging (on the free blog offered through this site), and I must admit it seems helpful. Like writing in a journal everyday, but more directed. More like I am putting it out there for the universe, and asking for accountability. Okay, only three days so far, but it's a start.

I'm off to the gym, for the first time in several weeks.

Today's weight is 176 lb.

CyberCrystal
05-07-2012, 08:25 AM
Hi everybody

Wishing everybody a great day... I hope you are feeling better soon Mamakat.
Well I weighed myself today -- I have decided to do so every Monday at the moment... I lost 0.6 kilograms -- Woo Hoo! I have had a couple of weeks of having gains so this is making me feel a bit better. ( 0.6 kilograms is about one pound for people who think in pounds )

Have stuck to my food plan today - plus been to the gym. I did my weight workout and 11 kilometres on the bike and 20 minutes on the cross- trainer.
My first goal at the moment is to lose another five kilograms.

Take care everybody

KatieAlyse
05-07-2012, 11:09 AM
Good morning all! Hopeful everyone had a good weekend! Yesterday wasn't as bad as I anticipated, as usual. And someone even noticed I had lost some weight, so that was good. Time to get something for breakfast and get this Monday started! Hope everyone has a great day!

cornellchick
05-07-2012, 11:34 AM
Joining the party a little late… I am starting over with calorie counting and 3FC visits TODAY! I lost 18 lbs. about 4 years ago with the help and encouragement of this community, so I am back because I am sick of the weight and I want it GONE!

I bought my first road bike about a week ago, and I am planning to bike to work every day this month (Bike to Work Month - there is even a team challenge going on at work to help keep me extra-motivated). So far I am 4 for 4 weekdays in May. :)

But I need to eat better too. Yesterday was embarrassing (whole can of Pringles… ugh! Why do we do these things?!), but I guess the silver lining is that it pushed me to muster up some resolve and come back here for help. I know I can't do it alone - it's too easy to cheat when I'm only reporting to myself.

Best wishes to everyone on achieving your goals!

pluckypear
05-07-2012, 12:42 PM
Hello everyone! Thanks again for all the encouraging words. Too much to catch up on to do personals right now.

WI - Sunday - 292.6 (up but not as much as expected)

Breakfast
1/2 cup oatmeal (2)
1/2 cup blueberries
1 tbsp. maply syrup (1)
2 cups coffee with cream (2)

1 low fat muffin (4)
1 hard boiled egg (2)

Lunch
3 cups greens
dressing (2)
1/3 cup cashews (8)
1 apple

Dinner[/B
Will report later.

[B]Exercise
1 hour deep water aquafitness

So back on track.

Diana3271
05-07-2012, 10:03 PM
Hi Everyone! :wave:

I was with my Mom at her appointment all day today. I won't have time for personals tonight. I read everyone's posts, though. Have a great evening and sleep well. :grouphug:

cornellchick Hi and Welcome to the check-in! :wave:

Total Approx 1435 Calories + :coffee:

spritz oil in pan
egg 70 cal
Vegetable of choice
juice 75 calories
coffee w/sugar and cream

Lunch (290 Calories)
Grilled Chicken wrap, no sauce 250 calories
apple slices 40 calories

Dinner (750 Calories)
Grilled NY Strip 400 calories
2 orders steamed broccoli 200 calories
shared salad 150 calories

Exercise
None

kathydee
05-08-2012, 12:23 AM
Hi All,

Just wanted to check in. Very busy with this project and a house guest so not much time to over eat or post here.

food was ok today

Bkfast
Cereal
1/2 banana
low fat milk

Lunch
1 wheat turkey ham, cheese/tomato sandwich

Dinner
Big bowl chicken veggie noodle soup

Too much watermellon/frozen strawberries/frozen mango for desert

exercise - 126 minute dive, lots of kicking
carrying heavy equipment all day

Diana3271
05-08-2012, 06:42 AM

Still no TTOM for me. I really thought it was going to start Saturday or Sunday since I was so crampy and bloated. Not sure what's up with that. It will be another busy day for me. Have a great one!

Calories for yesterday: 1435 + :coffee:
Weigh In: 144.4
Down: 1.4 pounds

TexaninItaly
05-08-2012, 07:02 AM
Hi everyone. I'm doing the Quick Weight Loss program but doing it on my own. I've been following the program and am losing a little weight. Hope I meet my miny goal of 25 pounds by the end of this month.

Diana3271
05-08-2012, 08:05 AM
TexaninItaly Hi and Welcome to the check-in! :wave:

pluckypear
05-08-2012, 10:06 AM
Good Morning everyone!

Diana
Hope you and your Mom are doing well.

Mamakat
Congratulations on getting the book done. You must feel proud.:)

Itsmyturn
So envious of the lounging by the pool. But enjoy. :)

Kathydee
All that diving must burn so many calories and keep you fit.

Katyalyse
It is always nice to have someone notice when you lose weight.

I have lots to lose so people do not notice until I lose a lot. But my DH said your *** is firmer. lol And had one person in a group setting say, "are you losing weight'? That was nice.

cornellchick
Welcome and wonderful that you have the motivation to ride your bike to work and back.

TexaninItaly
Welcome.

I stayed on track yesterday. I ended up having a falafel and plain mint tea for an extra late lunch. Then in the evening had a bunch of kale with mushrooms, just like ground and stewed tomatos for a light dinner. I had a small piece of applecake my neighbour shared with me.

I am eating mini meals when possible. I do best this way, eating frequently.

Breakfast
2 coffee with cream (2)
2 hard boiled eggs (2)
1 banana (0)
sauteed veg. (leeks, mushrooms, tomatos) (0)
1 tsp. olive oil (1)

Going out for lunch will report back. I know it will be biggest, highest point meal. So keeping some points for some sweet potato, veg and just like ground later tonight.

Exercise
Walking-30 minutes and physio -not sure what that will entail

cbigsis
05-08-2012, 10:39 AM
Yesterday was pretty much a disaster for me. I did do my workout on the treadmill. I can't wait for the rain to stop so I can get outside more. My eating went pretty much off plan from lunch on. I ate my leftover bbq from the other night for lunch when I had planned on letting my kids eat it Then ate a bunch of cookies in the afternoon and went out for a burger and couple of beers with friends for dinner.

I don't weigh myself until Friday so getting back on track today I am hopeful that I will not see a gain but likely no loss from last week. These things happen sometimes but I have gotten better at not letting them last for days or get too down about it. Today I just eat back on plan. And the stomach ache I had all night will remind me it wasn't really worth it either!

I hope everyone is having a good start to the week! And I see sun shining today so I am going to play outside as much as I can with the little kiddos. :)

cbressler1976
05-08-2012, 10:43 AM
I am kind of stuck again...I am stuck at 174, but my TOM is this weekend....so I guess that should be expected....I was going to only weigh myself once a week, but that didn't work out...so I only weigh myself in the morning.... I'm hoping and praying that I will be in the 160's by the end of this month! I haven't been in the 160's since my youngest was born...(6 years ago!)... Once I get to the 160's, I know that I can reach my ultimate goal! :)

KatieAlyse
05-08-2012, 12:29 PM
2 more lbs!!! 2 more!!! I'm so close to being under 200 lbs it's crazy! Busting my rear this week because I really want to be under 200 Before my bday! How awesome would that be?!! Hope everyone has a great Tuesday! I'll try to do personals sometime this week...hopefully!

cornellchick
05-08-2012, 12:33 PM
Good morning everyone!

Yesterday was day 1 on plan, today will be day 2. Breakfast was fat free yogurt with a little granola in it - I didn't get as much protein yesterday as I was hoping for, so going to try to watch the balance a little better today. A great NSV however - went out to dinner with girlfriends and ordered a salad (spinach, strawberries, goat cheese, sliced almonds, and balsamic vinaigrette - delicious!!!) instead of a burger or pasta. Already feeling more in control. :)

Time to finish getting ready for work so I can hop on the bike and go!

berryblondeboys
05-08-2012, 07:49 PM
Missing everyone, but I've been so freaking busy!!! THis is the first time I've checked 3FC since 10 pm last night. That's like a world record or something, right?

I'm doing moderately OK. Weight is fine. Eating is more at an on maintenance level and exercise has mostly been walking as I can't fit in anything else, but it's just the time - not falling off the wagon or anythng like that. I'm actually chomping at the bit to get back to my normal routine... whatever that is.

But, I'm here!!!

Diana3271
05-08-2012, 08:27 PM

Kathydee As always, good job on your foods and exercise! :bravo:

Pluckypear Great job sticking to your plan. Those veggies sound delish!

Cbigsis I hope today was a better day. Good job on the treadmill, though. Look at the positives that you got done!

Cbressler I only weigh once a day. Any more would make me crazy! ;) :dizzy:

Katie Awesome! Keep up the great work! I can't wait to see you in Onederland! :carrot:

Cornellchick Great job on your food choices at dinner.

Berry Hi :wave: Good to see you! I totally understand about being busy! Keep up the great work, though. You are doing a fantastic job, in your new lifestyle.

Diana3271
05-08-2012, 08:29 PM
Total Approx 1470 + :coffee:

spritz oil in pan
egg 70 cal
Vegetable of choice
juice 75 calories
coffee w/sugar and cream

Lunch (375 Calories)
Rudi's 100% Whole Wheat Sandwich Flatz 100 calories
3 Slices Hormel Natural Choice Deli Turkey 60 calories
Honey mustard/Lettuce 25 calories
Oikos Strawberry Greek Yogurt 4 ounce container 90 calories
1 Apple 100 calories

Dinner (700 Calories)
Grilled sirloin 500 calories

Exercise:
TF Fire 45 w/weighted gloves
500 jump ropes

pluckypear
05-08-2012, 10:49 PM
Lunch
Went to a Vegetarian South Indian restaurant. Gave all my rice to my sister.
1 soy chai tea (3)
1 cup of potatos with spices, 1 cup spinach with spices (8)
roti whole wheat (4)

Dinner
1/2 pack of just like ground (3)
stewed tomatos
1 onion
sweet potato (6)
1 tsp. olive oil (1)

twix (6)
tea with milk (1)

I did okay but can see how I can continue to improve. I cannot seem to go without some kind of treat/snack a day.

Good night.

cbigsis
05-09-2012, 12:53 AM
Today went much better!

Breakfast:
1 egg
2 ww toast
2 turkey bacon

Lunch:
Small salad with balsamic vinegrette
1 c Beef vegetable soup
ww baguette

Dinner:
Turkey sub no mayo we took to the Brewer game - Go Brewers!!!
3 handfulls of in shell peanuts (I love how long they take to break into)

Snacks:
3/4 c yogurt
1 c strawberries

Exercise:
Jillian Michaels Extreme Shed and Shred - levels 1 and half of 2 before the baby woke up.

Diana3271
05-09-2012, 05:54 AM

I am up an hour earlier than normal so I can go to my Mom's appointment. I did get to bed earlier, so that's a good thing. Still no TTOM for me. What's up with that? It's always right on time to torture me. :dunno: Not that I am complaining. :lol: I still feel bloated and my fingers are tight. I really thought I was going to have a bad weigh in this morning because of how my fingers feel. Also, I haven't been to the bathroom :o in a couple days. This goes hand and hand with TTOM, for me.

Calories for yesterday: 1470 + :coffee:
Weigh In: 144.6
Up: .2

Pluckypear Nothing wrong with a treat/snack, as long as you can work it in your plan. Also, it's good to tweak things as you progress. That's exactly what I did. Make your program work for you!

cbigsis I'm glad your day was better! :carrot:

mamakat
05-09-2012, 06:33 AM
Good Morning Everyone,

Diana I'm not sure to wish for TOM for you or not. Last time he was long and now he's late...hmm, he sure does know how to upset a girl...we've got things to do, stick to the schedule TOM or just stay away forever. :lol: I used to go crazy when I'd miss it more than three months. I truly believe it releases a lot of pent up hormones that we need to flush out. Not so sure about that now as I haven't had TOM over my house for 2 years now and I am extremely thankful and happy about that. I hope whatever you desire for TOM, it happens. How's your mom? She doing any better? Is she eating? :hug: to you both.

Pluckypear I like a treat too. I feel like I'm working hard for myself, I deserve something nice. I have strict rules, so no sugar for me. DH buys fudgcicles and creampops (SF of course) I feel like I'm being bad when I have four, but they don't affect my calories and there's no sugar so my brain thinks its getting sweets and my tongue is satisfied as well. Tweaking is good, but it doesn't mean you have to cut out treats all together.

cornellchick that's a very nice NSV. Lunches out or dates are hard. That's where my weight began. When DH and I dated we learned we were foodies and it went downhill from there. We've only just recently cut out going to restaurants because it's too hard to eat clean, it's expensive to feed four adults and DH loves his own cooking. :) Your salad sounded very yummy.

Katie Congrats on the pounds down. I was very excited around this time in weight loss. I'm rooting for you, keep up the great work!

Berry it's good to see you pop in. Did you get that part time job?

AFM The gluten is kicking my butt. Man, I wish I could remember this part (I realize I say this every time) before I eat the yummy food. This is day 2 with a migraine. My scale is slowly going down, but no way can I exercise with my throbbing head. And for some reason, I'm having a tough time not eating myself out house and home. I have been eating like I'm starving for 2 days now. I'm hoping I do not have to deal with this for the next two weeks. Looks like I won't be making any goals by my bday this year. Ah well, I'm still 60lbs lighter than last years bday...that's good enough. :)

I hope you all have a wonderful and healthy day.

cbressler1976
05-09-2012, 07:16 AM
I'm stuck at 174.....I'm hoping it's because my TOM should be this weekend... I get so discouraged and worried... :( I haven't cheated at all and I have been soooooooooo hungry (from TOM coming soon).... You would think that I would have lost a lb! I have got to get over my crankiness.... this diet makes me cranky some days.... I try complaining to my husband who just does not understand because he has always been skinny.... >>sighh<< ok, I'm done whining! I can do this! :) Praise God that I have made it this many days!! :dancer:

berryblondeboys
05-09-2012, 07:36 AM
Thanks Diana! Hope things have been going well for you.

Mamakat - yes, I did get that part-time job. I start with orientation this Saturday, but I've had so much other stuff the last few weeks, I don't know how I'm going to fit in 4 hours a day of 'work', but I guess I'll have to!

And, as a treat, I got a new all time low today - it's been TWO MONTHS since I've gotten down to my previous all time low. 167.6 this morning. Woohoo!!

KittehMomma
05-09-2012, 07:51 AM
Quick post; not a lot of time today. I have been good for the past several days--exercising and eating within reason (mostly). The weight is starting to come off!

Today's weight: 175.

mamakat
05-09-2012, 08:05 AM
Berry :congrat: on new low, awesome job and great dedication :) Congrats on job too. You are one busy lady. Remember to breathe :)

Diana3271
05-09-2012, 08:00 PM

Mamakat Sorry about the gluten! Being 60 pounds lighter this birthday is amazing! :carrot:

Cbressler Don't worry! Keep working your plan and living your new lifestyle. It will work out for you.

Berry Congrats on the new low! :carrot: :bravo: :congrat:

Kitteh Good job! Keep working your plan!

Diana3271
05-09-2012, 08:02 PM
Total Approx 1470 Calories + :coffee:

spritz oil in pan
egg 70 cal
Vegetable of choice
juice 75 calories
coffee w/sugar and cream

Lunch (375 Calories)
1 Apple 100 calories

Dinner (700 Calories)
Grilled Chicken breast 500 calories
steamed broccoli 200 calories

Exercise:
Bob Harper's UCB w/5's and 8's

cornellchick
05-09-2012, 08:36 PM
Thanks everybody for the support! Sorry I haven't had more time to read up on how others are doing, but my update for the day is that lunch was chicken meatballs with spaghetti and blanched broccolini from the cafe at work (we have an awesome cafe). I had to guess at calories and estimated it was around 700 for the meal, so I will have to be careful for dinner tonight. The good news is that it was delicious and filling, so I shouldn't have trouble eating light for dinner.

Keep up the good work everyone!

Nancy45can do
05-09-2012, 09:14 PM
Good morning.

I've started blogging (on the free blog offered through this site), and I must admit it seems helpful. Like writing in a journal everyday, but more directed. More like I am putting it out there for the universe, and asking for accountability. Okay, only three days so far, but it's a start.

I'm off to the gym, for the first time in several weeks.

Today's weight is 176 lb.

KittehMomma
Proud of you for blogging. I hope to start, need to learn. My first habit is to continue to go to this site daily. I am learning a lot from everyone and often hear other stories and cannot believe how similiar the stories sound to mine.

pluckypear
05-09-2012, 10:34 PM
Hello everyone. Getting a late start posting today but I have been very busy lately.

Breakfast
Tuna (3)
mayo (3)
bread (7.5) way too much, did not realize
celery,onion,pepper
2 cups coffee with cream (2)

Lunch
Spicy tomato soup (canned tomatos, cumin, garlic, onions, hot peppers, lemon zest, lemon juice, hot sauce, vegetable broth)

Okra pickles

Dinner
sweet potato (6)
olive oil (1)
leek, mushrooms
just like ground (3)
stewed tomatos

tea with cream (1)
pop chips (3)

Exercise
1 hour aquafitness at the pool in deep water.

Thanks for the advice about 'treats'. I do have to find alternatives. Funny thing is I will say to self "won't get that it has artificial sweetners in it". But I eat candy bars that are unhealthy and full of crap. Ways I try to rationalize. lol

Mamakat
I will check out the SF fudgsicles for sure. I have resisted ice cream for ages as that I cannot leave alone.

Good night everyone.

kathydee
05-10-2012, 01:05 AM
Hi all! Still in this whirl wind project so apologizes for not personals.

Working hard so eating a bit higher calorie count.

Yesterday food was pretty normal except I did nibble on some of this chicken dish my friend purchased

Today food was ok
bkfast
3/4 grain flake cereal/ 1/2 cup lowfat yogart, fruit

lunch
tuna
1 piece bread
1 tomato
some cucumber

About 1/4 c of this chicken dish my friend purchased - not low calorie

Dinner
Cheff salad with no bacon or oil - only vinegar

Desert
about 1 c mango chunks - too much

Picked a little on lunch meat

Exercise
Yesterday: Swam 180 minutes in a cave, lots of heavy equipment lifting - 1 hour light weight lifting in the gym

Today: Swam 130 minutes in a cave, lots of heavy equipment lifting - 3 km jog in sweltering heat sped up the pace a bit - took 16 minutes.

Exhausted - tomorrow is another busy day

Diana3271
05-10-2012, 06:58 AM

Calories for yesterday: 1470 + :coffee:
Weigh In: 144
Down: .6

pluckypear
05-10-2012, 07:53 AM
Good Morning all!

Breakfast
2 coffee with cream (2)
2 hard boiled eggs (4)

My sister is coming for a visit this morning at 11am bearing organic coffee and lemon meringue pie she made last night. One good thing, I don't really care for lemon meringue pie that much. I will have a tiny, tiny, sliver and save some (a slice) for DH. She will take the rest home.

pie (11) Can see why having baked goods not a great idea.
coffee (2)

Lunch
spicy tomato soup (0)
salad greens with vinegar (0)

This to account for the pie.

Dinner
12 inch turkey sub (subway-no cheese) with lots of veg. and some mustard on whole wheat (14)

Leaves me with 8 points. So I may have plain tea and a snack in the evening.

Exercise
Walking-30 mins. (not much)

I can see that I will have to figure out a way to avoid my sister's baked goods. I have to come up with a plan. This weekend I am going to a woman's retreat and am hoping to do some reflecting and journalling there. I want to get my butt in gear on this journey to health. I need more of a plan of some foods to avoid for now and what snack treats will satisfy me and yet not take up so many points per day. Yes I lose weight (have in the past) eating snickers etc. but that is why I gave up, at least partly. I used so many dang points on coffee and snack/treats I was hungry all the time. It gets harder as I go down in weight, at least from what I recall. :)

Hope everyone is having a good day.

KittehMomma
05-10-2012, 08:16 AM
Good morning. Today's weight is 174.5 No time for a longer post; must get out the door and go exercise. I've been blogging in the morning, and that has been taking up my time.

berryblondeboys
05-10-2012, 10:18 AM
I am finally seeing some progress - just a couple pounds a month at this point seems like such a huge victory. Saw the 166s today (166.8!) (and no potty for 2 days, so maybe more soon!)

cbressler1976
05-10-2012, 10:55 AM
I'm still at 174...but my TOM started today and I haven't gone up, so as soon as it is over I may lose a couple... :) oh, I forgot to mention....I just tried on some clothes that hadn't fit me in a long, long time and they fit!! :)

irishcanary
05-10-2012, 11:04 AM
Heya i think i will check in here from now on :). It seems like a great place. I am doing finals and really stressed. My diet however has been nothing short of amazing, my study food has been whole grain cereal. For dinner/lunch it has been veggie burgers with salad and whole grain bread. Its fast, fillihg and tasty.

My study breaks are also all activity based. To reward myself for getting up early and studying i am going to take 2hrs out for karate :).

Tomorrow is also my 1 once a week 300 calorie chocolate treat. I will never have more than a 300 cal treat once a week. Its just right. Since i have around 1200-1500 cals that 300 cal treat is usally a meal. Woops.
:carrot::carrot:

MRSS2010
05-10-2012, 12:55 PM
More concerned about calories this week, which is good.

I have exercised every day and yesterday in water aerobics I managed to hold my arms up the ENTIRE TIME for the exercises out of water - that was a big deal to me!

Found a Zumba class near me and one of my water buddies told me it was just find for really heavy folks, they work out just fine but we stay in back to let the skinny youngsters have more room. Going tio try to hit that tomorrow a.m.

Sleeping well and have a much more positive outlook, yay! I hope everyone else is having a great week.

cbigsis
05-10-2012, 08:44 PM
Pretty good day today. It was sunny and beautiful out finally so I did a bunch of work in the yard. I didn't take time for a workout though. Not sure how many calories are burned pulling weeds and trimming shrubs. The kids were a great help too so my mood today is super high. I love when they help without complaining! :D

Breakfast:
greek yogurt
1/2 c flax cereal with raisins

Lunch:
Chicken tortilla soup
ww baguette

Dinner:
Grilled Pork chop
2 servings steamed broccoli
1/2 c frozen yogurt

snack:
banana
strawberries
choc milk

I weigh myself tomorrow and am not thinking it will be good. Today I ate better, but still not always removing the unnecessary snacking. It was hard this week.

Diana3271
05-10-2012, 10:51 PM

This will be a quick post. We just got home. I have to get up an hour earlier tomorrow morning. I need to get some things done before I can start the weekend. :dance:

TTOM started for me today. Let the drama begin! ;)

Have a good night, everyone! Sleep well! :grouphug:

Irishcanary Hi and Welcome to the check-in! :wave:

Total Approx 1520 Calories + :coffee:

spritz oil in pan
egg 70 cal
Vegetable of choice
juice 75 calories
coffee w/sugar and cream

Lunch (375 Calories)
1 Apple 100 calories

Dinner (750 Calories)
Shared salad 150 calories
Grilled NY strip 400 calories

Exercise:
#10 SD Xtreme Total Body w/12's
KCM's 30 MTF Circuit Burn (Cardio/Boxing Premix) w/weighted gloves

KatieAlyse
05-10-2012, 10:59 PM
Well I thought for sure that I was going to reach my under 200 goal by my bday but I'm not so sure now. I've done something to my foot and it's gotten progressivly worse over the past 2 weeks. I'm not sure if its my shoes, inserts or if I'm doing something wrong in the gym. The outside of my right foot is killing me. It hurts to walk, stand and push the gas pedal on my car. So I was going to go to the gym today and that turned into a no go. I did some research tonight and I think I might have something called plantar fasciitis. Anyone know anything about that? Or feet in general? I got some new inserts tonight and I'm hoping and praying that'll do the trick. Getting back into a slump. I was doing so good and then of course something has to happen...

Hope everyone is having a great week so far! I'll update later if I find anything else out. I'm trying to not go to the doctor since I don't have $60 laying around to go to a specialist like I know my general dr will want me to go to.

Good night everyone!

kathydee
05-10-2012, 11:33 PM
Evening everyone. Still very busy

Food wasn't bad. Dinner was weird.

Bkfast
1/2 C bran flakes with low fat yogart
slice papaya

Lunch
snacked on some lunch meat/chese around 11pm
Sandwich ham/cheese tomato on wheat around 1pm

Snack
Was starving so only had these breakfast bars. Shouldn't have eaten 3

Dinner
Knew my evening food was off so didn't really know what to eat - grazed
ate some lunch meat for protein
a mango/yogart/lowfat milk shake
some papaya/watermellon

Exercise
Lots of lifting very heavy equipment
1.5 hours of diving.

Diana3271
05-11-2012, 05:40 AM
Good Morning! :wave: TGIF! :dance: Have a wonderful weekend!

To all the Mom's, I hope you have a Happy Mother's Day! :grouphug:

Calories for yesterday: 1520 + :coffee:
Weigh In: 144.8 (TTOM)
Up: .8

mamakat
05-11-2012, 06:53 AM
Good Morning Everyone,
I went for a boardwalk only walk last night as the sun was going down. I haven't exercised this whole month. I wore my new sneaks which were too big when I bought them. I usually just grab my size and go because to actually try them on is a pain, with my inserts. I didn't think I lost another size in shoe. But the blisters prove that I have, at least in this particular shoe. I woke up Tues or Wed without my toe rings as well. I never take them off, they are my official wedding bands (a promise ring from me and band from DH). I freaked out. I have to find a way to keep them on now. So I guess, even though the scale hadn't moved, something in my feet has :p

Today I am at a new low, not sure it will stick. I'm 2.6lbs away from my 100lbs lost goal. I don't think I'll see it in two days, but maybe by next WI, we'll see. Today I get to meet with student advisory for DD. I didn't sign up for it because she's brilliant and doesn't have issues, but she came home two days ago and said they wanted a meeting. Bluck, I hate meeting period, but to hear she is doing fantastic and is a great joy to have seems like a waste of time, as I already knew that. :) Besides, don't the teachers just want to get out of there if they can? It'll be 15mins of walking for a 3 minute meet and greet. Then it will be a high for the rest of the day that I have to come down from...social anxiety sux.

I hope everyone has a wonderful and healthy day. Happy Friday everyone. :D

berryblondeboys
05-11-2012, 07:26 AM
Oooo Mamakat - that's a huge milestone coming up! You are doing so great!

Diana - and how successful you've been at maitaining is inspiring!

For me, I reached another all time low today. Brought to 90 pounds to the ounce for this weight lost journey since Jan. 2011 - 110 from my all time high. I'm only pushing for 5.6 more pounds and then from there we'll see where I settle.

I did have an NSV yesterday though. I was trying to teach my son how to float on his back - well, when I went to show him how to float, I discovered I couldn't float! My feet sink pretty fast! Unbelievable! I lost all my natural flotation devices!

KittehMomma
05-11-2012, 07:33 AM
Weight is still 174.5. Ate a bit off plan yesterday, but otherwise did well.

Have a great weekend, everyone.

cbressler1976
05-11-2012, 09:16 AM
Hi all!!! I am still at 174 (lol), but again it's TOM and atleast I haven't went up.... I tried on some more pants and they are baggy on me and my husband told me that this diet thing is just an excuse to buy new clothes! lol :) I told him that I won't buy new clothes until I absolutely have to... God has really helped me...I still have a long, long way to go....but I will get there...it just takes time....

Diana3271
05-11-2012, 04:18 PM
Katie I used to have foot pain. I found a shoe store, where the owner is some type of foot specialist. (I don't remember her title. :lol:) Anyways, she has really helped me, over the years. My shoes are expensive, but they work for me. Best of all, NO PAIN!

Kathy Good job!

Mamakat Congrats on the new low! I can't wait for your 100 pound announcement! :cheer2:

Berry Congrats on you new low! Keep up the great work! When are you going on your trip? Do you think you will be to goal by then?

Kittehmomma Hi :wave:

Cbressler Great job maintaining during TTOM. That's an accomplishment!

KatieAlyse
05-11-2012, 10:00 PM
Well I went to the doctor and it's sprained. Glad it's not fractured. He gave me some pain/anti inflamitory (sp?) pills so I hope they help. He told me to try and walk normal on it but that's really hard to do since when I try it send shooting pain through my foot and ankle. I'm going to try and go to the gym tomorrow. I can at least try to do something instead of sitting here doing nothing. :bubbles: Diana I just got new shoes 2 months ago and he said that is was probably did it. I thought about going to a New Balance store because I think they have people there like what you were talking about. I'll def check into it though!

As for work I put in for a new position and I have an interview on Monday. I'm really nervous. Everyone tells me not to be but I can't help it! 3 other people put in for the same position and they don't even work at my store. I've only had 2 interviews my whole life and I've got to interview with 3 people so any tips would be great! I know to be myself because, well, that's who I am. And to not chew gum lol

Well it's movie time! Hope everyone has a great weekend!

Diana3271
05-11-2012, 11:07 PM
Katie I hope your foot heals quickly. Glad it's not sprained. Sending you good vibes about the job interview. I can't offer much advice since I am self employed. ;) At times, I think I would have fired me, if given the opportunity. :rofl: No, really, I am a good employee. ;) :lol:

I have been looking forward to a regional company coming out with their Greek Fro/Yo here. I found it today. I think it is safe for me with my food allergy. I know their Greek Yogurt Ranch dressing is. Anyways, I got a pint of Vanilla and DH and I shared it. It was really good. They have a Mexican chocolate that sounded really good. It has cinnamon and spices in it. Maybe next time I will try that. So, my calories are a little higher today due to the Greek fro/yo.

Total Approx 1710 Calories + :coffee:

spritz oil in pan
egg 70 cal
Vegetable of choice
juice 75 calories
coffee w/sugar and cream

Lunch (375 Calories)
1 Apple 100 calories

Dinner (940 calories)
Grilled Chicken tacos 600 calories
sauce 100 calories
1/2 pint Greek Fro/Yo 240 calories

Exercise:
Cathe's Kick, Punch, & Crunch w/weighted gloves
1000 Jump Ropes

cornellchick
05-12-2012, 12:37 AM
Quick update… first "official" weigh-in yesterday showed the scale down 2 pounds (176 -> 174)! So that is great!!

I ate pretty well today, and so far I am happy with my calorie budget (1750 or so) because it's easier to maintain than when I had it constrained to the 1400s. Dinner was homemade chicken tortilla soup - *delicious*.

Diana3271
05-12-2012, 06:54 AM
Good Morning, Everyone! :wave: I hope you have a great weekend!

Calories for yesterday: 1710 + :coffee:
Weigh In: 145.6 (TTOM)
Up: .8

cornellchick Great job on the 2 pounds! :carrot:

berryblondeboys
05-12-2012, 07:36 AM
Morning all - I have my orientation for my new job today - 7 hours with HR. Good grief!!

Most of the arrangements for our summer vacation are set - 4 vacation rentals, the car and the plane. Now it's fine tuning details.

Scale is down a wee bit more to 165.2 I will be ecstatic if I get to 165 on the nose this cycle... That would be so awesome!!!

mamakat
05-12-2012, 09:12 AM
Good Morning Everyone,
Ha, I was right, that meeting with student advisory was exactly how I thought it would go. They read off my DD's hopes-to-improve list. She wanted to improve math, so adviser shows me scores, it's an A. I asked how do you improve an A? The kid has higher than 4.0, I didn't even think that was a possibility. Argh, what a waste of time, I knew all that before someone had to tell me. Now, I know a lot of people will find me being absurd, shouldn't I be more supportive by going, but I have severe fear of people and to chance a swing isn't worth being told what I already knew. And yep, sure enough, I made a fool of myself without DH to reign me in. DD just plays into the manic moment and we went from her geniusness to my craziness in 3.2 seconds :p The walking was good though. I carried DD's huge violin case on my back and walked way ahead of her. She kept yelling "do you have to walk so fast?" I really wasn't though, made me feel good. I'll be 41 tomorrow and I can out walk circles around my DD, who is 12 :D

cbressler1976
05-12-2012, 09:41 AM
Hi all! I weighed myself this morning and I am now 173 despite being bloated from TOM!! I'm getting somewhere very, very slowly....lol...

KatieAlyse
05-12-2012, 02:10 PM
One pound!!! One more pound to go!!! So close I can taste it!

irishcanary
05-12-2012, 04:05 PM
Heya people, just a day and half left till i am free from finals :).
I am quite proud of myself, despite studying a lot i have gotten in at least 30 minutes activity for 5 out of 7 days.

I have managed to stay within 1200-1500 calories. I had a 2k day yesterday but i figured it was allowed. This year my main goal is to learn how to eat normally/figure out my eating habits.

Today i decided that by September i would love to drop from a size 8 to a size 6. For around 2 years i was a size and i looked great. I don't look too bad now, buut i can't wait to be a size 6 again.

Diana3271
05-12-2012, 09:35 PM
Hi Everyone! I took my Mom shopping today. We had a really nice time. I didn't get a chance to workout, though. Tomorrow I am making a nice dinner. I am taking the day off from calorie counting. I might not be able to workout tomorrow, either. We'll see how it goes. I rarely take a day off. This week I took Monday off because of my Mom's treatment and today because I took my Mom shopping. If I take off tomorrow, that will be the most time I have taken off since I can remember. :o I'm getting ready to prep my standing rib roast for tomorrow. I will come back to post my food in a bit.

mamakat
05-13-2012, 06:08 AM
Happy Mother's Day to you mothers. It's a bonus day for me as it's also my bday. This will be the first year without a cake. I still remember how bad I felt New Years after the last one. We do have a gluten free mix here, but I didn't smell anything baking yesterday. No plans that I know of until tonight. DS and I are going to go see Weird Al Yankovic. DH wasn't pleased with my bday wishlist this year: Colbert's children's book, pens and a hat oh and a replacement to the newest pair of shoes I bought (only a week ago) My feet have shrunk a full size!

Diana3271
05-13-2012, 07:15 AM
Mamakat Happy Birthday! :celebrate: :bday2you: :celebrate:

Here's a virtual cake for you :hb:

I hope you have a wonderful day!

irishcanary
05-13-2012, 07:16 AM
My last ever academic exam is tomorrow. I am nervous for it. Yet i have decided that no matter what with everything, pass or fail, that feeling is only temporary. If things go good or bad you just have to keep moving!

After my exam tomorrow i am going to the doctors to finally get my leg sorted out. I pulled it in karate a while back and it hasn't stop hurting =(.

Kinda stuck in a dilema right now, on one hand i want Dominos really bad, yet on the other hand i would much rather stay on plan. I think i might be a bit naughty and have butter on my bread instead :devil:.

Diana3271
05-13-2012, 07:22 AM
Guess who forgot to come back to post their foods last night? ME! My whole day was out of sorts, yesterday! I still need to add my calories. I will just post it on my weigh in.

Join in for our new weekly thread: http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/weight-loss-support/258928-daily-accountability-lifestyle-change-everyone-welcome-week-5-13-12-a.html