Ideal Protein Diet - IP Weekend Chat 5/5/12-5/6/12

View Full Version : IP Weekend Chat 5/5/12-5/6/12

LSJ100
05-05-2012, 08:54 AM
Welcome back to the Daily Chat thread - post your plans for today, share what's been happening, ask questions!

Some forum lingo:
NSV = Non-scale victory
TOM = time of the month
WI = Weigh-in
WF = Walden Farms
OP = on program

Bookmarking:
Ideal Protein Sub-forum Home page
Consider making it a bookmark or a favorite in your browser so you can come back easily to get your RDA of Ideal Protein information.
Ideal Protein Sub-forum Home Page

Information for newbies:
Check the sticky page for lots of good information and please read before asking what might be a frequently asked question here in the daily thread: Information on Ideal Protein phases (1-4), recipes, newbie guide, FAQ, and other important threads.

Tickers and Signatures:
There are 2 requirements to have access to signatures and tickers. You must have been a member of 3fatchicks for 20 days AND posted at least 20 messages anywhere on the 3fatchicks forum. When you've met those requirements check The Ultimate Signature and Ticker Thread for more information and instructions.

Quoting:
The best quoting tip - EVER!! Thanks Rosie, aka 6710.

Searching:
If you can't find what you're looking for in this forum using the website search function, try using the "double search" using Google.

1) Go to google.com. Search 3fatchicks by using the term site:3fatchicks.com at the end of your google search.

For example, if you want to look for "big mac in a bowl", type "big mac in a bowl site:3fatchicks.com" in google search. No need to inlucde the quotation marks when you type.

2) This will bring up the page that you are looking for, now hit Ctrl+F to search on that page. Type "big mac in a bowl" and all instances of that search term will be highlighted.

Progress photos:
have been moved to the Mini-Goal Photo Album.

Other helpful links related to the Ideal Protein diet:
Dr. Tran Tien Chanh's website

Dr. Tran Tien Chanh's book (PDF file): The Unbalanced Diet Approach to a Slimmer You

LSJ100
05-05-2012, 08:58 AM
Good morning everyone! I got up to eat breakfast and read the chat and there wasn't one yet so I thought I'd get it started...I know the links didn't copy so please if you need to rely on one go to yesterday's daily chat.

As for me, I'm 30 today! And I have WI #5 where I'm really hoping to reach 20 lbs lost. I had a little pity party last night because I really wanted to walk with my DH to a restaurant we love and sit outside and have a glass of wine and I felt so deprived that I couldn't do it...even when trying to change old habits I guess a birthday is such a decadent time (a birthday cake of your choosing, etc) it's a little hard, for me at least, to not be able to have those things...
However I know this is what I have to learn in order to make sure that I never go back to my old ways of eating...my birthday shouldn't be about food and I shouldn't start a new decade eating in my old ways. So, I'm proudly 30 and 100% OP.

Have a great day everyone!

Meadow Wheeler
05-05-2012, 09:13 AM
As for me, I'm 30 today!

Happy Birthday! :cheer2::cheer2::cheer2:

Meadow Wheeler
05-05-2012, 09:16 AM
Well today is a work day so nothing really out of the ordinary here. I do hope that it isn't raining when I get home because I really want to go out and start working on my garden.

Last night I got wonderful news. My oldest son (soon to be 21) is making me a Grandma! I am very excited!

susyqxxxx
05-05-2012, 09:23 AM
Morning all
Down 2 more pounds, so on monday i`m gonna head into phase 2, scared and excited...I have a routine now, all my meals planned..i love my shake at lunch,

Have a great week all

Cadu
05-05-2012, 09:32 AM
Happy Cinco De Mayo Everybody!

I have mega stuff to do today as the wedding shower I am hosting is tomorrow. I hope everyone has a great OP day.

p.s. Happy Birthday LSJ

Kaypix
05-05-2012, 09:56 AM
Morning all! Just checking in quick, NSV last night , went to the bar and ordered just grilled peppers and onions and a side of pickles :-D DH and his pal had big ol burgers and while I was sooo tempted I held strong. Getting concerned that I will not see a loss more than 2 lbs on Monday, but. Im measuring so that could be something I could do to feel some sense of accomplishment. I have my starting measurements from the 23rd so could compare to those at least. Well, sounds like the dogs want breakfast, off I go!

mylastdiet
05-05-2012, 10:00 AM
Happy Birthday LSJ100!!

I haven't decided what I am doing yet today, but I know I have more energy to get things done this weekend, compared to pre-IP. My original plans were to tackle another closet, but the weather looks to beautiful to be in a windowless closet. The kitchen is nice and bright with a ton of windows, so I may clean out kitchen cabinets instead. I need to throw out a lot of unfriendly food anyhow. Hope I am not tempted by any goodies I may find lingering in the back corner of the cupboards. Wish me luck!

nursebrenneman
05-05-2012, 10:00 AM
Happy Birthday LSJ! Way to stay strong! Perhaps you could have a mugcake for your birthday? I made one for the first time last night and it was pretty good.

I love all the tips and recipes you can get on this board. They are wonderful! I'm trying to figure out how to stay on play on an outing we are having at work today with our clients. I'm thinking of bringing an IP shake and salad.

mtnsun4
05-05-2012, 10:14 AM
Good morning everyone! I got up to eat breakfast and read the chat and there wasn't one yet so I thought I'd get it started...I know the links didn't copy so please if you need to rely on one go to yesterday's daily chat.

As for me, I'm 30 today! And I have WI #5 where I'm really hoping to reach 20 lbs lost. I had a little pity party last night because I really wanted to walk with my DH to a restaurant we love and sit outside and have a glass of wine and I felt so deprived that I couldn't do it...even when trying to change old habits I guess a birthday is such a decadent time (a birthday cake of your choosing, etc) it's a little hard, for me at least, to not be able to have those things...
However I know this is what I have to learn in order to make sure that I never go back to my old ways of eating...my birthday shouldn't be about food and I shouldn't start a new decade eating in my old ways. So, I'm proudly 30 and 100% OP.

:bday2you: Have a great day!
Good morning all! I am off to a work BBQ to get it set up, then maybe stay a bit. My family is coming with me so it should be a good day!

0ojoyo0
05-05-2012, 10:17 AM

Happy birthday! Good job for not giving in to temptation.

Well today is a work day so nothing really out of the ordinary here. I do hope that it isn't raining when I get home because I really want to go out and start working on my garden.

Last night I got wonderful news. My oldest son (soon to be 21) is making me a Grandma! I am very excited!

Congratulations!

Good morning everyone! I'm off to my first weigh in soon. I have noticed that my jeans that were tight on me last week, while still a little tight in the stomach, has a little more room in the hips/butt area. And when I went to wrap my towel around me after my shower earlier, I was able to wrap it tighter! Ah, the little things in life. Off to my WI. I'll check back in later. Have a great day everyone!

LSJ100
05-05-2012, 10:20 AM
A mug cake is a great idea - I hadn't thought of it! Thanks nursebrenneman!

usmcvet
05-05-2012, 10:20 AM
Good morning everyone. I hope you all have a wonderful OP day!

3sisters
05-05-2012, 10:22 AM
As for me, I'm 30 today! I really wanted to walk with my DH to a restaurant we love and sit outside ...my birthday shouldn't be about food and I shouldn't start a new decade eating in my old ways.

Happy Birthday! And I think you said it right there...so go ahead and take a walk with your DH to the restaurant you love and sit outside.....and have a glass of sparkling water with lime - ask them to serve it in a wine glass - and enjoy! Gone are the days your birthday is about food, but still go and enjoy the experience of celebrating with your DH. Start this decade out right and celebrate the fact that you now have a "new way" of celebrating your birthday with a bright, healthy outlook on life!

I have mega stuff to do today as the wedding shower I am hosting is tomorrow. I hope everyone has a great OP day.

Good luck on the shower! I'm sure you'll be the 'hostess with the mostest!"

Skinnyminny26
05-05-2012, 10:30 AM
Today was WI #15 and I'm down 2.4!!! Woohoo I hit my 30# loss...down a total of 32.4...sooo happy feels like could conquer the world!! Happy weekend to everyone!!

mooselover
05-05-2012, 10:52 AM
Good morning everyone. I have an nsv to share. I wore pants with my shirt tucked in yesterday :) I haven't done that in years. I was so excited!!!

I will be flying back to Alaska today. Time to go home :) Hope everyone has a great day.

Darralyn
05-05-2012, 11:05 AM
Good morning everyone! It sounds like a good start to the weekend for all.
I have a challenge tonight; a cinco de mayo party to attend. I am going with my old boyfriend (that sounds funny calling a 62 year old man "boy") to a party at the home of mutual friends. I told him that due to this diet I will not eat or drink and not to try to encourage me. We are very good friends so I am sure he will understand. I will have my dinner before I go and we won't stay more than an hour or two; so I am sure it will work out fine. I don't want to do anything to upset this progress and I am determined to stay 100% OP!
I wish you all wonderful success this weekend and the courage to stay OP!
Love you all!

usmcvet
05-05-2012, 11:10 AM
Off to stack some wood!

Darralyn
05-05-2012, 11:11 AM
OK; I am just trying to get my ticker to work; let's try this time.

CassiR
05-05-2012, 11:11 AM
Happy Birthday!! Good Luck at WI!

Morning all
Down 2 more pounds, so on monday i`m gonna head into phase 2, scared and excited...I have a routine now, all my meals planned..i love my shake at lunch,

Have a great week all
You'll do great! I just finished P2 and had constipation issues.. the animal protein in place of the packet drops our fiber values. Be mindful of that :)

Today was WI #15 and I'm down 2.4!!! Woohoo I hit my 30# loss...down a total of 32.4...sooo happy feels like could conquer the world!! Happy weekend to everyone!!

Congrats!!

CassiR
05-05-2012, 11:16 AM
Hey all,
I had WI #13 today and expected no loss. Mainly because i've had constipation issues since last Saturday being on phase 2. Anyways I got on that scale and seen 120.0!!! Lost 1.8! WOO HOO!!! I MADE GOAL!! I planned on going to phase 3 anyways today but it made that big breakfast even more enjoyable! Also, going to start my first workout later. My coach told me to exercise my butt off.
:dance: :cloud9:
I think I may get my hair done this weekend as a treat :)

ProteinGal
05-05-2012, 11:19 AM

Happy Birthday, best wishes for your wi in today too!:celebrate:

YankeeFan14040
05-05-2012, 11:20 AM
Hoping everyone has a great weekend. I "restart" IP tomorrow morning and I was able to get two of my sisters-in-law to start the program as well! We have a friendly competition starting over our results.

ProteinGal
05-05-2012, 11:20 AM
Hey all,
I had WI #13 today and expected no loss. Mainly because i've had constipation issues since last Saturday being on phase 2. Anyways I got on that scale and seen 120.0!!! Lost 1.8! WOO HOO!!! I MADE GOAL!! I planned on going to phase 3 anyways today but it made that big breakfast even more enjoyable! Also, going to start my first workout later. My coach told me to exercise my butt off.

OMG, you must be on cloud 9, congrats Cass, you made it!!!!:carrot:

Dakin
05-05-2012, 11:26 AM
*~*~* Happy Birthday LSJ *~*~*~ Just remember, you're not giving up birthday treats forever, just for awhile. And when you do enjoy them again, you'll be smaller, healthier and have more awareness and control of your eating habits.

Meadow: Being a grandma is Awesome! I have a 2 yo GS and welcomed a baby granddaughter into the world a couple of weeks ago! Enjoy every minute!

SusyQ : I too am looking at P2 within the next few weeks and feel the same way. Can't wait to get started, but a little frightened too! Good luck. Post your experience so I can learn through you, please.

Carol: Best of luck with the shower Carol. I'm sure after all the thought and hard work you've put into it, it will be a huge success. How's the weather forecast for you?

Skinny: Congrats on hitting 30 pounds! That's amazing!

Darralyn: You can do it! You've already decided on strategies to help you be successful. Just think, next Cinco De Mayo, you can join in with the festivities and be much healthier at the same time. (see my note to LSJ)

Cassi: Woo Hoo!!! :bravo: I'm sooo happy for you! You definitely deserve to treat yourself today! Will you be posting before and after pics with you new hairdo?

DH is working his 24 today so I hope to get all the necessities done today, groceries, laundry, grading... so that I can enjoy tomorrow with him. We're having "family dinner" tomorrow night with both our girls, their BF's and of course the grand babies! Kids requested BBQ... that's something I can work with. Salad, chicken breast on the grill, burgers (for them) yup definitely doable.

Great day to all!!!!!! :):)

Kat2500
05-05-2012, 11:28 AM
Good morning everyone. I have an nsv to share. I wore pants with my shirt tucked in yesterday :) I haven't done that in years. I was so excited!!!

I will be flying back to Alaska today. Time to go home :) Hope everyone has a great day.

A good thing indeed! Glad to hear about it.

kbirr
05-05-2012, 11:30 AM
@LSJ100 Happy Birthday!

Does anyone have tips for staying OP and not being tempted on the weekends? I do fine during the week b/c I am so busy with work that I never think about food. On the weekends, it is tougher...I have my two little boys to cook for and no real schedule.

One other question (I am full of them today)...I have lost 17 lbs so far but haven't really lost any notable inches of my thighs. My waist and thorax (sp????) are down several inches but my thighs won't budge. Does anyone have any exercise tips that might help?

Up North Girl
05-05-2012, 11:32 AM
Wow, that is a huge accomplishment. How long did it take to lose it? Did you exercise?

Volly
05-05-2012, 11:39 AM

Have a Happy, Happy Birthday!!:bday2you:

susyqxxxx
05-05-2012, 11:41 AM
Cassi, thanks for the reminder of the fiber intake, ...did you lose on phase 2, how long were you on phase2 for?

Dakin, will let you know, but i`m thinking i might do phase 2 for 2 weeks...real nervous, about adding meat at lunch, as the veggies always fill me up..

Volly
05-05-2012, 11:43 AM
Good Morning All! I woke this morning and decided to try the "cereal pancakes" for the first time. What a wonderful way to start off a Saturday morning. They were delicious! I wish everyone success with their WIs this morning. Have a great weekend!

NewPath
05-05-2012, 11:48 AM

Oh my Mooselover, that IS awesome. I can just imagine how awesome that felt! I cannot even imagine a "skinny" pair of jeans with a shirt tucked in!!!!!
I am going to imagine it, it WILL happen! YESSSS!
Congrats!!!!!!!

NewPath
05-05-2012, 11:51 AM
Hey all,

Way to GO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

DanafromAustin
05-05-2012, 11:54 AM
Just think by your 31st birthday you will be thin and healthy and that can be a free day to enjoy whatever food and drink you want. I started out at just about your weight, and I can tell you loosing all of this weight so far is much better then just one night of cheating. Hang in there, you are doing great! :bday2you:

:congrat:

I have a challenge tonight; a cinco de mayo party to attend. I am going with my old boyfriend (that sounds funny calling a 62 year old man "boy") to a party at the home of mutual friends. I told him that due to this diet I will not eat or drink and not to try to encourage me. We are very good friends so I am sure he will understand. I will have my dinner before I go and we won't stay more than an hour or two; so I am sure it will work out fine. I don't want to do anything to upset this progress and I am determined to stay 100% OP!
Love you all!
Have fun tonight, and just enjoy the friends and company rather than the food. I've been to enough parties and social events since starting IP to now know that talking to people can actually be enjoyable without having to eat the food too. It's actually very empowering to get through a social event 100% OP.

Hey all,
That's fabulous!! :congrat:

Hoping everyone has a great weekend. I "restart" IP tomorrow morning and I was able to get two of my sisters-in-law to start the program as well! We have a friendly competition starting over our results.
I started IP with my daughter, who is now done, and my close friend started a couple of months after me when she saw how good I was doing. It's fun doing this with others. Welcome back!

One other question (I am full of them today)...I have lost 17 lbs so far but haven't really lost any notable inches of my thighs. My waist and thorax (sp????) are down several inches but my thighs won't budge. Does anyone have any exercise tips that might help?
You can't spot reduce, but for me walking and strength training really move the inches.

Almost forgot, Carol I hope the shower is lots of fun tomorrow. Enjoy!

sunshinered
05-05-2012, 11:56 AM
What an incredible diet. Today is day 27 and I am down 21 pounds. What other diet has that kind of results? I had my weigh in yesterday and I lost 6 inches. Someone asked about not losing in the thighs. I have 0 inches lost below the hips. That's all upper body. But who can complain about a 2.5" lost in their waist. Wow!

Loving in this diet. Someone even complimented my skin this week! Hmm...:cheer2::cheer2::cheer2:

And I added my ticker!!

swimcoachmomma
05-05-2012, 11:57 AM
Happy birthday! Good job for not giving in to temptation.

Congratulations!

Good morning everyone! I'm off to my first weigh in soon. I have noticed that my jeans that were tight on me last week, while still a little tight in the stomach, has a little more room in the hips/butt area. And when I went to wrap my towel around me after my shower earlier, I was able to wrap it tighter! Ah, the little things in life. Off to my WI. I'll check back in later. Have a great day everyone!

It truly is the little NSVs that make us smile. When I used to go to the pool before IP I would wrap in a towel to walk to my locker. If I was really careful it would not show anything, but I always kept the slit side to the wall. Now the same size towel wraps easily. Your post reminded me that there is no longer a need to scuttle along the wall clutching the slit in the towel. Yay.

And happy birthday LSJ.

Has anyone seen rissimo??

skinnybride2be
05-05-2012, 12:01 PM
Good morning everyone! Does someone have a tasty recipe for Pad Thai that they could share. I found some recipes but I wasn't sure if they were IP friendly for p1. Thanks!!!

hockeymom22
05-05-2012, 12:03 PM
Well today is day 5 100% OP after a four month break! To my surprise I only gained 5 pounds, I'm so happy to restart before I gained all my weight back! I am finding this time so much easier than the first. I didn't phase off the first time, so I'm looking forward to doing this 100% this time, I know I can do a life long maintaince. My coach is fantastic, so the journey continues. Have a great weekend everyone.

swimcoachmomma
05-05-2012, 12:04 PM
OK; I am just trying to get my ticker to work; let's try this time.

Lovely ticker. Have fun at the cinco de mayo party. My best friends DH is having a retirement party today. Excited to visit with folks and celebrate his career. Sombreros are for wearing, not drinking!!!!

swimcoachmomma
05-05-2012, 12:06 PM

Hope Casper is not fogged in. We are in the NW.

NewPath
05-05-2012, 12:07 PM
Please Ticker Fairy....I WANT MY TICKER!!!!
It has been exactly 20 days....to the minute!
Today is Saturday, normally I would be plannin what kind of grinder to get for my kids and I.....instead I am thinking ticker!

swimcoachmomma
05-05-2012, 12:08 PM
Hey all,

Wahoo on the goal. Yay, cassi!!!:carrot::carrot::carrot:

DanafromAustin
05-05-2012, 12:09 PM
Happy Saturday everyone! Well it's unofficial till WI on Wednesday, but I finally hit the 170's this morning. I thought I would have been there a couple of weeks ago, but the scale decided to stall for those two weeks. Thanks to some tweaking with my foods it finally moved.:carrot: Now to work on the next 10 pounds.

It's going to be another warm humid day in Austin at 93 degrees. Someone forgot to tell Mother Nature that it's early May here, and not summer yet. We were going to go to a big art festival today, but truthfully crowds in that type of weather doesn't sound that appealing, so I think we will forget it this year. I did have fun yesterday buying a couple pair of capri pants. Everything I own that was new just two months ago is now too big, so it was time to shop again. I went down another size and the pants I bought were a pinch tight, but I have now learned from experience to buy them tight, because in a couple of more weeks they won't be. They were both 40% off which is perfect because they won't be in my closet for very long. I've learned not to get too attached to anything I buy these days because they have a short life in my closet.

Well off to clean up around here and then to the gym. Have a great day everyone.

swimcoachmomma
05-05-2012, 12:19 PM
Happy Saturday everyone! Well it's unofficial till WI on Wednesday, but I finally hit the 170's this morning. I thought I would have been there a couple of weeks ago, but the scale decided to stall for those two weeks. Thanks to some tweaking with my foods it finally moved.:carrot: Now to work on the next 10 pounds.

It's going to be another warm humid day in Austin at 93 degrees. Someone forgot to tell Mother Nature that it's early May here, and not summer yet. We were going to go to a big art festival today, but truthfully crowds in that type of weather doesn't sound that appealing, so I think we will forget it this year. I did have fun yesterday buying a couple pair of capri pants. Everything I own that was new just two months ago is now too big, so it was time to shop again. I went down another size and the pants I bought were a pinch tight, but I have now learned from experience to buy them tight, because in a couple of more weeks they won't be. They were both 40% off which is perfect because they won't be in my closet for very long. I've learned not to get too attached to anything I buy these days because they have a short life in my closet.

Well off to clean up around here and then to the gym. Have a great day everyone.

Shopping for clothes is now fun. But I am not to goal yet so am buying cheap stuff at bargain basements and Walmart. Totally changed my style of dressing. Not brave enough to wear above the knee skirts without leggings but I found some cute ones that I wear with leggings and it is so fun. People don't recognize me and when they do they say I look loads younger. Found cute part linen shorts yesterday at Walmart and they fit in a 14 regular. Yay.

CassiR
05-05-2012, 12:30 PM
Thank you for all the congrats! Now the hard part comes.. maintaining!

Cassi, thanks for the reminder of the fiber intake, ...did you lose on phase 2, how long were you on phase2 for?

Susy, I was only on phase 2 for only one week. I lost 1.8lbs this week AND had really bad constipation issues... so it may really be more but I still feel bloated from not having any BMs this week. Sorry, TMI!
I actually found the extra meat satisfying for lunch! It was a pain making it ahead of time though... compared to just whipping out my mango RTD for lunch. I did start using 2 Boca Burgers (All American Classic with non-GMO Soy) for lunch just because they have a lot of fiber and the fiber actually cancels out how many carbs are in them. 2 patties is 30g of protein. They are easy to just pop into the microwave at work and be on my way.
Don't worry, you'll do great!! You've done so well up to now and you will continue to be successful!

doublebaby
05-05-2012, 12:34 PM
Has anyone seen rissimo??

I had been wondering the same thing and finally checked. She said she has been really busy with a few things and I think everyone knows she has been blocked from work from getting on. She did say things should be back to normal next week. I told her she was being missed but she did not believe me so glad you asked!!

MaggieD
05-05-2012, 12:35 PM
Happy Birthday, LSJ100! Here's wishing you an awesome WI as a special birthday treat.

Congratulations, CassiR, on meeting your goal!!! Good luck to you in Phase 3. I hope I will be able to join you there soon.

Great work, DanafromAustin, on making your mini-goal. Keep up the good work!

Congratulations to everyone else on their scale and non-scale victories.

I have now survived my first 42 hours of wearing braces. These things are like mideveal instruments of torture! I feel like "Edward Scissorsteeth" (apologies to Tim Burton and Johnny Depp)! Dental wax and Motrin are my new best friends. So far, I've only been able to eat IP drinks and puddings. I can't be truly 100% OP, but at least I'm not eating anything that's prohibited by IP plan.

I hope everyone has a great--and OP-- weekend.

swimcoachmomma
05-05-2012, 12:36 PM
I had been wondering the same thing and finally checked. She said she has been really busy with a few things and I think everyone knows she has been blocked from work from getting on. She did say things should be back to normal next week. I told her she was being missed but she did not believe me so glad you asked!!

Thanks for checking. Glad she is well.

DanafromAustin
05-05-2012, 12:41 PM
Shopping for clothes is now fun. But I am not to goal yet so am buying cheap stuff at bargain basements and Walmart. Totally changed my style of dressing. Not brave enough to wear above the knee skirts without leggings but I found some cute ones that I wear with leggings and it is so fun. People don't recognize me and when they do they say I look loads younger. Found cute part linen shorts yesterday at Walmart and they fit in a 14 regular. Yay.

No above the knee for me either. I have way too much loose skin still on my thighs, so sticking to capri pants for now. I so want to go shopping at some of the better stores I generally shop at, but of course I'm not going to spend those prices on something that isn't going to fit me for very long. Target, Kohls and the outlet stores have worked out great for my constantly changing wardrobe. Thankfully I'm a stay-at-home mom so just some casual capri pants and t-shirts are all I really need for now.

Congrats on the 14's. :carrot:

DanafromAustin
05-05-2012, 12:53 PM
I have now survived my first 42 hours of wearing braces. These things are like mideveal instruments of torture! I feel like "Edward Scissorsteeth" (apologies to Tim Burton and Johnny Depp)! Dental wax and Motrin are my new best friends. So far, I've only been able to eat IP drinks and puddings. I can't be truly 100% OP, but at least I'm not eating anything that's prohibited by IP plan.

I hope everyone has a great--and OP-- weekend.
I've been thinking about you and your teeth. Dental wax will become your new best friend, and always carry it with you.The first time they are on is always the worst. How long do you have to wear them? Now let me tell you about mideveal torture. I had my braces on when I was twevle, back in the late 60's. Now that was mideveal torture! They use to wrap each tooth in medal with these god awful long wires that they would tighten and then snap the ends off. Both of my kids had the modern day version, and I promise you, be glad you have these kind, and not the metal mouth I had. :D

I hope it gets better soon!:hug:

salmongirl
05-05-2012, 12:57 PM

Great choice, you will get what you really want this year, a new weight and a healthy life!

usmcvet
05-05-2012, 12:59 PM
So just stacked wood for a little over an hour and did have to split a dozen or so pieces. So my question is do I have an extra IP packet. It was not a fast cardio work out but definitely good exercise I worked up a good sweat.

Just had a response from my coach by text. She said have an extra packet. Mmmmm BBQ Ridges are really good.

Soootiff
05-05-2012, 01:01 PM
Good morning everyone! I'm getting ready to head to the gym to get some cardio in. After that I may go get some shopping in, my daughter is 6 and growing so fast! Tonight we are going to dinner with a friend who is visiting from out of town and then to the bar my sister works at. It will be soda water and stevia for me :) I don't even get tempted there, it's so cool! I just like the social aspect of hanging out there :)

Have a great, OP weekend everyone!

usmcvet
05-05-2012, 01:03 PM
Happy 30th! Enjoy your special day in good health.

MaggieD
05-05-2012, 01:07 PM
Thanks for the kind words of support, Dana. It means so much. It amazes me that we put kids through this. I wish my parents had done this for me when I was a kid, but maybe not based on your experience (I'm in my 50's so it would have been the same type as you wore). Ortho is estimating I'll wear them for 18-24 months. Maybe the difficulty in eating while wearing them will help me keep from regaining the weight once I'm in IP maintenance! Got to find a silver lining somewhere, right?

Here's an IP question: is eating lettuce daily an IP requirement or just a suggestion if more food is wanted/needed to stay OP? My coach says the latter (lettuce is optional) but it seems that many here say the former (lettuce is required). I ask because my Ortho has asked me not to eat any raw veggies which includes lettuce. I'm OK (once the pain eases) with cooking my 4 cups of veggies, but don't want to cook lettuce too.

luvthesun
05-05-2012, 01:10 PM
Morning!
I noticed a post yesterday about it being tough to not drink in social situations, especially being young where unfortunately going to dinner/happy hour is what most social activities consist of. I'm definitely not a big drinker, and eliminating alcohol from my diet was by no means a worry of mine when starting IP. However, as a single girl, I am out there and dating and sometimes find it awkward when on a first date to ask for club soda, especially when many times it comes in an obvious child-like soda cup/glass. Unfortunately the visual of alcohol puts both parties on a date at ease a bit....I'm not tempted to drink, but does anyone have advice how to handle this situation so that I wouldn't come off as being 'uptight' on a date?

evepet
05-05-2012, 01:13 PM
As for me, I'm 30 today! .... However I know this is what I have to learn in order to make sure that I never go back to my old ways of eating...my birthday shouldn't be about food and I shouldn't start a new decade eating in my old ways. So, I'm proudly 30 and 100% OP.

Happy Birthday! As someone already suggested, a mug cake sounds like a great idea. And how about a club soda with a couple of squirts of MIO? Served in a wine glass with some crushed ice... sparkling and bubbly ... tasty and festive. (I know we're not supposed to drink sodas, but I allow myself this more 'festive' drink about once a week... somehow feels indulgent and celebratory). :)

My oldest son (soon to be 21) is making me a Grandma! I am very excited!

Congrats - that exciting! Although I was really surprised - from your picture I thought you were probably no older than early 30ish. !

Morning all
Down 2 more pounds, so on monday i`m gonna head into phase 2, scared and excited...I have a routine now, all my meals planned..i love my shake at lunch

Congrats on entering Phase 2. I understand the nervousness, but you'll do great.

Have a great day Cadu. I know you're super busy today re the shower, but with all your advance planning & prep I'm sure all will go well. Try to relax and enjoy it tomorrow!

Morning all! Just checking in quick, NSV last night , went to the bar and ordered just grilled peppers and onions and a side of pickles :-D DH and his pal had big ol burgers and while I was sooo tempted I held strong. Getting concerned that I will not see a loss more than 2 lbs on Monday, but. Im measuring so that could be something I could do to feel some sense of accomplishment. I have my starting measurements from the 23rd so could compare to those at least. Well, sounds like the dogs want breakfast, off I go!

Good for you for staying OP. I agree about the measuring.. I wasn't doing it consistently (I'm solo - no coach) but after realizing I could grab handfuls of fabric at the front of a top yesterday that I hadn't worn in about 3 weeks, I decided to track it better. It's motivating to see those inches lost when the scale is producing 'lower than hoped for' results.

Happy Birthday LSJ100!!

I haven't decided what I am doing yet today, but I know I have more energy to get things done this weekend, compared to pre-IP. My original plans were to tackle another closet, but the weather looks to beautiful to be in a windowless closet. The kitchen is nice and bright with a ton of windows, so I may clean out kitchen cabinets instead. I need to throw out a lot of unfriendly food anyhow. Hope I am not tempted by any goodies I may find lingering in the back corner of the cupboards. Wish me luck!

Good to hear about the >energy. And ita it's a super idea to clear your kitchen cupboards of all 'undesirables'. No point in keep unnecessary tempations around.

I love all the tips and recipes you can get on this board. They are wonderful! I'm trying to figure out how to stay on play on an outing we are having at work today with our clients. I'm thinking of bringing an IP shake and salad. Have a great day everyone!

This board is a wonderful resource. Just coming here keeps me motivated and enthused. Hope your outing goes well!

:bday2you: Have a great day!
Good morning all! I am off to a work BBQ to get it set up, then maybe stay a bit. My family is coming with me so it should be a good day!

Glad you're able to spend your day with family. Have a good one.

Ah, indeed... it is the 'little things'. :) Good luck on your WI!

Good morning everyone. I hope you all have a wonderful OP day!

Hi usmcvet. Have a great day. Sounds like you'll be busy, chopping wood.

...go and enjoy the experience of celebrating with your DH. Start this decade out right and celebrate the fact that you now have a "new way" of celebrating your birthday with a bright, healthy outlook on life!

So true. Have a great day 3 sisters.

Whoo-hoo! Congrats!

Good morning everyone. I have an nsv to share. I wore pants with my shirt tucked in yesterday :) I haven't done that in years. I was so excited!!!I will be flying back to Alaska today. Time to go home :) Hope everyone has a great day.

Kudos on the tucked in shirt... I can definitely relate to your excitement. :D Safe trip back to Alaska.

Originally posted by Darralyn: I will have my dinner before I go and we won't stay more than an hour or two; so I am sure it will work out fine. I don't want to do anything to upset this progress and I am determined to stay 100% OP!

I respect your determination Darralyn. It's good that your friend is supportive and will encourage you in your dieting efforts, rather than try to detract from them. Have a great evening. P.S. - Nice Ticker!

I MADE GOAL!! I planned on going to phase 3 anyways today but it made that big breakfast even more enjoyable! Also, going to start my first workout later. My coach told me to exercise my butt off. I think I may get my hair done this weekend as a treat :)

Congratulations!!! You definitely deserve a treat today!

A little friendly competition should help keep things interesting. BTW, do your SILs come to this forum too?

DH is working his 24 today so I hope to get all the necessities done today, groceries, laundry, grading... so that I can enjoy tomorrow with him. We're having "family dinner" tomorrow night with both our girls, their BF's and of course the grand babies! Kids requested BBQ... that's something I can work with. Salad, chicken breast on the grill, burgers (for them) yup definitely doable. Great day to all!!!!!! :):)

Sounds yummy. And very IP 'doable'. :) Have a great weekend.

Calm day here at CasaEvepet. Just routine stuff today. I'm currently engrossed in reading Gary Taubes book 'Why We Get Fat - And What To Do About It'... when I get into a good book, it's impossible for me to get side-tracked until it's finished - so a chunk of today will be spent relaxing and reading. LOL.

Hope everybody has a great day - and weekend.

0ojoyo0
05-05-2012, 01:21 PM
Back from first WI. Down 8.8 lbs. and about 7 inches. So I wasn't imagining the extra room in my jeans (-1.5 inches in hips)! Have a great OP day everyone! I'm sure I'll check back in later.

NewPath
05-05-2012, 01:23 PM
Today is a rainy and cool day in New England. I have spent much of the morning catching up on threads. It is so inspiring to read of all of the success and triumphs, particularly those that have been OP for months and months, Congratulations to all of you!!!!
I have officially been OP for 22 days. I have lost 15 pounds so far and have my 3WI tomorrow.
While the program is quite easy for me, I still struggle with daily extreme hunger and light headedness about 2.5 hours after eating my IP packet meals. It is bizarre. I get flushed, edgy, and tired. I am presently working on determing if certain packets are responsible. Yesterday, I started using the soups for breakfast and lunch. (I had a much easier day.) I feel like it is the artificial sweetners that are causing my insulin to spike or drop a few hours after eating them. I am determined to stay on this program. I believe in it and I know it is what I need for the rest of my life. I am very much in ketosis and am losing inches and will find out about my weekly weight loss.
tomorrow.
I would love any ideas or comments on this. On Thrusday, I did resort to having a mid afternoon HB egg, I hope that this does not mess up my weight loss. I bought egg whites at the store last night and will use the two teaspoons that we are allowed.
Thanks all, and again, CONGRATULATIONS! You are all so very inspiring!

infoplease
05-05-2012, 01:28 PM
@LSJ100 Happy Birthday!

Does anyone have tips for staying OP and not being tempted on the weekends? I do fine during the week b/c I am so busy with work that I never think about food. On the weekends, it is tougher...I have my two little boys to cook for and no real schedule.

Maybe you provided your own tip: "no real schedule" -- how about trying a very loose schedule, something that would take some busy work to accomplish? Take the boys to a playground at a nearby park, perhaps? By the time you have put together the things needed for that, gotten them dressed and in their carseats, maybe gathered water bottles and a kid friendly snack plus an IP snack, it might fill the better part of half a day.

The thighs will go down on their own. I lost in a similar top-down pattern and thought I was going to be doomed to another unappealing shape. Take some comfort in getting the fat off the middle first as that is really important to health. Keep watching the hips and thighs; it will happen!

salmongirl
05-05-2012, 01:33 PM
Last night I got wonderful news. My oldest son (soon to be 21) is making me a Grandma! I am very excited!:cool:
Great news!

p.s. Happy Birthday LSJ
It sounds like fun!

Love you all!
You will do fine! Just have fun!

Hey all,
Yipee, well done!

Yeah! The scale is moving!

Calm day here at CasaEvepet. Just routine stuff today. I'm currently engrossed in reading Gary Taubes book 'Why We Get Fat - And What To Do About It'... when I get into a good book, it's impossible for me to get side-tracked until it's finished - so a chunk of today will be spent relaxing and reading. LOL.

Sounds relaxing!

I have a lot of work to do in my garden and then the final dance recital! My daughter did a great job last night, it is so much fun to watch!

I hope everyone has a great day.

evepet
05-05-2012, 01:33 PM
Thanks for the kind words of support, Dana. It means so much. It amazes me that we put kids through this. I wish my parents had done this for me when I was a kid, but maybe not based on your experience (I'm in my 50's so it would have been the same type as you wore). Ortho is estimating I'll wear them for 18-24 months. Maybe the difficulty in eating while wearing them will help me keep from regaining the weight once I'm in IP maintenance! Got to find a silver lining somewhere, right?

Here's an IP question: is eating lettuce daily an IP requirement or just a suggestion if more food is wanted/needed to stay OP? My coach says the latter (lettuce is optional) but it seems that many here say the former (lettuce is required). I ask because my Ortho has asked me not to eat any raw veggies which includes lettuce. I'm OK (once the pain eases) with cooking my 4 cups of veggies, but don't want to cook lettuce too.

Hi Maggie, glad to hear from you. Hope that things get more comfortable soon. As re the lettuce? It's my understanding eating lettuce every day isn't essential... that it can be eaten if more food is wanted/needed. While I eat a salad frequently, I now don't eat lettuce every day. There does seem to be some differing opinions about this on this board though.. another one of those things where coaches are giving conflicting info. I do recall Wuv posting that she doesn't eat lettuce every day.

usmcvet
05-05-2012, 01:36 PM
Morning!
I noticed a post yesterday about it being tough to not drink in social situations, especially being young where unfortunately going to dinner/happy hour is what most social activities consist of. I'm definitely not a big drinker, and eliminating alcohol from my diet was by no means a worry of mine when starting IP. However, as a single girl, I am out there and dating and sometimes find it awkward when on a first date to ask for club soda, especially when many times it comes in an obvious child-like soda cup/glass. Unfortunately the visual of alcohol puts both parties on a date at ease a bit....I'm not tempted to drink, but does anyone have advice how to handle this situation so that I wouldn't come off as being 'uptight' on a date?

You could ask for it in a special glass. Not sure which kind of glasses you like. A frosted mug would be cool. Have fun.

usmcvet
05-05-2012, 01:45 PM
Just watched a Pringles and then Pizza abut commercial. It made me realize I've had no chips or pizza in over a month. I might leave my acid reflux medicine out of my pill contain this week to see if I still need it.

Darralyn
05-05-2012, 01:45 PM
Originally posted by sunshineredWhat an incredible diet. Today is day 27 and I am down 21 pounds. What other diet has that kind of results? I had my weigh in yesterday and I lost 6 inches. Someone asked about not losing in the thighs. I have 0 inches lost below the hips. That's all upper body. But who can complain about a 2.5" lost in their waist. Wow!

Loving in this diet. Someone even complimented my skin this week! Hmm...

Incredible job!!! This is a fantastic diet!

infoplease
05-05-2012, 01:47 PM
Hi Maggie, glad to hear from you. Hope that things get more comfortable soon. As re the lettuce? It's my understanding eating lettuce every day isn't essential... that it can be eaten if more food is wanted/needed. While I eat a salad frequently, I now don't eat lettuce every day. There does seem to be some differing opinions about this on this board though.. another one of those things where coaches are giving conflicting info. I do recall Wuv posting that she doesn't eat lettuce every day.

Definitely agree on the differing opinions. Had one coach say that you should have at least a piece or two and another say you needed two cups. Third coach said that the most successful people eat the salad and drink a lot of water. I would think that giving up the lettuce for the week or two that it takes to adjust would not have a dramatic impact (possibly no impact). That said, I did see a recipe on these little Artisan Romaine heads from Costco that suggested splitting them down the middle and grilling them. I also thought I had read somewhere on this board where lettuce added to a stir fry.

Good luck with the adult orthodontia adventure. Should add a new dimension to maintenance. Looks like you will hit that goal with or without the lettuce!

Darralyn
05-05-2012, 01:48 PM
Originally Posted by DanafromAustin

Happy Saturday everyone! Well it's unofficial till WI on Wednesday, but I finally hit the 170's this morning. I thought I would have been there a couple of weeks ago, but the scale decided to stall for those two weeks. Thanks to some tweaking with my foods it finally moved. Now to work on the next 10 pounds.

What a fantastic feeling this must be!!! Congratulations!!! Can't wait to get there, too.

justme685
05-05-2012, 02:19 PM
Good morning everyone!!

Today is day 6 of being back OP 100% and I've already managed to lose 10lbs! I'm back down to what I was when I stopped doing the program so I am very happy with that. I just wanted to stop in and say hi to everyone! And Happy Birthday to LSJ100! :bday2you:

Hope everyone has a fantastic day!

ferrousgal
05-05-2012, 02:38 PM
Very excited to see 211 on the scale this morning. Still 2-3 days from the day I'll have as my official week 1 weigh in, but I'm at a solid 5 lb loss since Monday. So far so good!

justme685
05-05-2012, 03:00 PM
It's not here : (

You need to add it to your signature in your profile. :)

kmc1021
05-05-2012, 03:13 PM
As for me, I'm 30 today!

HAPPY BIRTHDAY!!

I think you and I are opposite. I am fine during the weekends, but during the week I am a mess! I also am losing more on my butt and thighs and nothing really from my belly/arms

Sadly I have to end my relationship with my coach and clinic. It makes me sick because I have spent so much, but I have to, just not in the bank account. I will be starting on alternatives, which scares me, but I will make it!! I am feeling much better than yesterday, where I was so bloated that it hurt and was uncomfortable. I am still bloated, but only about half of what I was.

I have a question for all you alternative peeps. Do you just weigh yourself once a week and measure or do you just weigh?

Hope everyone has a good day today!!

3sisters
05-05-2012, 03:15 PM
I got on that scale and seen 120.0!!! Lost 1.8! WOO HOO!!! I MADE GOAL!! I think I may get my hair done this weekend as a treat :)

What an incredible feeling! Congratulations! Yes, do something good for yourself today, to reward your accomplishment!

I finally hit the 170's this morning.

Wow! Congratulations Dana! I can't wait to get there!

I have now survived my first 42 hours of wearing braces. These things are like mideveal instruments of torture!

Sorry the braces are so uncomfortable :( , but you will be SO glad you did it! I 'bit the bullet' a couple of years ago and used a zero interest credit card (it was expensive - but I looked at it as an investment - kind of like IP!), and got Invisalign braces. It's something I've wanted for so long. I've always been self-conscious of my teeth. It's completely transformed my smile and I no longer feel self-conscious - instead I am proud of my smile for the first time! With that and finally getting to a healthy weight with IP - nothing will stop me! :)

I'm not tempted to drink, but does anyone have advice how to handle this situation so that I wouldn't come off as being 'uptight' on a date?

If these are just casual dates (ie not someone you're serious with), tell them a 'little white lie' and say you are on medication so temporarily can't have alcohol. If it is someone you start dating more seriously and can't or don't want to continue to use that 'excuse' maybe it would be at a point that you would feel comfortable sharing the 'real' reason. And just ask the waiter to serve your beverage in a glass of your choice - ie a 'highball' glass or large wine glass......

3sisters
05-05-2012, 03:24 PM
Worked really hard for 3 hrs straight this morning, weeding in the garden. Midway through I started feeling shaky and like I was going to faint. Had my IP chocolate drink and a bottle of water and that took care of it. Bad thing is that I started early this morning, so had breakfast at 0700 (IP cereal), and ended up having the IP drink around 9:30. So, have already had 2 of my IP products and it's only very early afternoon! I'll fill up on some veggies and salad and hopefully that will tide me over til dinnertime and I can have my 3rd IP for a bedtime snack. Don't want to add a 4th if I can help it.

northernfawn
05-05-2012, 03:29 PM
Hey all,

CONGRATS!!! that's awesome:carrot::carrot::carrot:

NewPath
05-05-2012, 03:51 PM
Ticker check

evepet
05-05-2012, 03:56 PM
HAPPY BIRTHDAY!!

I think you and I are opposite. I am fine during the weekends, but during the week I am a mess! I also am losing more on my butt and thighs and nothing really from my belly/arms

Sadly I have to end my relationship with my coach and clinic. It makes me sick because I have spent so much, but I have to, just not in the bank account. I will be starting on alternatives, which scares me, but I will make it!! I am feeling much better than yesterday, where I was so bloated that it hurt and was uncomfortable. I am still bloated, but only about half of what I was.

I have a question for all you alternative peeps. Do you just weigh yourself once a week and measure or do you just weigh?

Hope everyone has a good day today!!

I'm on my 6th week - 5 of them on alternatives. I've just been doing my WIs - I bought an Omron full body composition scale so I could also track what was happening with my body fat % and a few other things that it measures. But when I suddenly became aware this week that I've definitely lost some inches around my middle (pants & a top I hadn't put on in about 3 weeks were obviously much looser around the waist) I decided to start measuring as well. IMO my weight loss is kinda slow - so seeing a loss in inches week by week will be a good motivator.

evepet
05-05-2012, 04:01 PM
Morning!

I don't recall being served a tonic (or soda) and lime in anything but a regular *bar* type glass. I'm not sure what you mean by a child-like soda cup/glass. Maybe ask for a 'tall' glass of soda water with a twist of lime? ... ask for it served over lots of ice - so they have to give you a bigger glass? I believe sometimes bars refer to 'tall' drinks?

purple sky
05-05-2012, 04:03 PM
No above the knee for me either. I have way too much loose skin still on my thighs, so sticking to capri pants for now. I so want to go shopping at some of the better stores I generally shop at, but of course I'm not going to spend those prices on something that isn't going to fit me for very long. Target, Kohls and the outlet stores have worked out great for my constantly changing wardrobe. Thankfully I'm a stay-at-home mom so just some casual capri pants and t-shirts are all I really need for now.

Congrats on the 14's. :carrot:

I have done well at Penny's and Costco.

DanafromAustin
05-05-2012, 04:13 PM
My coach told me lettuce is not mandatory, just a freebie.

Ticker check

Looks good!

DanafromAustin
05-05-2012, 04:15 PM

One of my favorite books. I even read it for the second time when I started IP.

med22
05-05-2012, 04:45 PM
Hey everyone! Just had my second WI on IP! Down 4.6lbs!! For a total of 11.8 in two weeks!! I'm getting pretty hungry today but determined to stay OP 100%...I am so glad I have this chat considering I don't go to a coach! Thanks for the support and good luck on all your WI. Happy LOSING :)

LSJ100
05-05-2012, 04:59 PM
Thanks for the birthday wishes everyone! You all really made me feel great! My WI made me feel great as well - down 3.7 lbs and 4.75 inches! I hit 20.5 lbs lost today in 5 weeks - best birthday present ever. With the support here and that success, it will be no problem to stay 100% OP for my birthday celebration tonight!

CkM
05-05-2012, 05:01 PM
Can we have Buffalo wing sauce?

sneuse
05-05-2012, 06:16 PM

Doubtful - typically buffalo sauce is made from hot sauce and melted butter.

Having said that, I know that Frank's Hot Sauce is a popular choice in making buffalo sauces (Red Robin used it for the hot sauce portion and a couple other restaurants I frequent say they use it as their hot sauce portion) so you could probably get a similar enough flavor using it alone.

I miss it, buffalo wings are my FAVORITE food.

wendyquilts
05-05-2012, 07:16 PM
The bright spot in my day has been that I did my own personal weigh-in this morning and am down 3 pounds from last week. Otherwise, the day has royally sucked (happy birthday to me!) and I would really love to bake a chocolate cake and eat the whole stupid thing myself. I won't, but I'd sure like to.

NewPath
05-05-2012, 07:43 PM
The bright spot in my day has been that I did my own personal weigh-in this morning and am down 3 pounds from last week. Otherwise, the day has royally sucked (happy birthday to me!) and I would really love to bake a chocolate cake and eat the whole stupid thing myself. I won't, but I'd sure like to.

Stick with this wendyquilts ...you have made amazing progress!!!!! I sense a "mood"? I have had a few this week. You CAN do this!!!!!!:carrot:

usmcvet
05-05-2012, 07:45 PM

Don't cave birday girl! You're about halfway there! Try a mug cake or spoil yourself with a present. A massage is a nice treat!:hug:o

Sewmam
05-05-2012, 08:16 PM
Hello everybody! I don't think I even posted this morning...I slept late, until 7:30...but after getting up at 4 the day before, I needed it.

It was an absolutely gorgeous day here, the rain stopped so I could get back to my exterior painting projects and ...

I just finished painting my carport!!! It was a big project and I'm tired beyond comprehension, but I got it done. There's a barn dance down the road tonight but I think I'm just gonna make my dinner, read a little and fall asleep...

Hope you all had a great day!

evepet
05-05-2012, 08:28 PM

:hb: <--- this is a mug cake. :D:D Happy Birthday!
Remember, our bodies store extra estrogen in our fat cells.. and when our fat is being released, some estrogen goes into the blood stream too. Making us moody and 'blue'. To today's 'mood' just shows that things are working, and you're releasing lots of fat! Be happy! Hang in there. :hug:

Hello everybody! I don't think I even posted this morning...I slept late, until 7:30...but after getting up at 4 the day before, I needed it.

It was an absolutely gorgeous day here, the rain stopped so I could get back to my exterior painting projects and ...

I just finished painting my carport!!! It was a big project and I'm tired beyond comprehension, but I got it done. There's a barn dance down the road tonight but I think I'm just gonna make my dinner, read a little and fall asleep...

Wow - what a productive day. Must feel good though to know you got the job done. Have a good restful evening and night Sewmam.

NewPath
05-05-2012, 08:48 PM

Hi Sewmam, I just want you to know that I think of you everytime I get low and down about my new liftesyle. You have accomplished amazing things, and you continue to accomplish great things...every day!!!!

I am so incredibly inspired! Thank you for checking in! (I am sure it gets old after a while. I can't wait to be successful and help others, as you do.)
Enjoy your reading!:hug:

luvthesun
05-05-2012, 09:25 PM
Thanks for the suggestions today! Hope everyone is enjoying the festivities....next year I'll be enjoying a bit of tequila!

Soootiff
05-05-2012, 09:37 PM
Has anyone ate at buffalo wild wings while on ip? We are going tonight and I've never been. It looks like they have plain chicken tenders I could do with a side salad. Or maybe a bun less burger?

MaggieD
05-05-2012, 09:42 PM
Definitely agree on the differing opinions. Had one coach say that you should have at least a piece or two and another say you needed two cups. Third coach said that the most successful people eat the salad and drink a lot of water. I would think that giving up the lettuce for the week or two that it takes to adjust would not have a dramatic impact (possibly no impact). That said, I did see a recipe on these little Artisan Romaine heads from Costco that suggested splitting them down the middle and grilling them. I also thought I had read somewhere on this board where lettuce added to a stir fry.

Good luck with the adult orthodontia adventure. Should add a new dimension to maintenance. Looks like you will hit that goal with or without the lettuce!

Thanks so much infoplease, evepet, DanafromAustin, 3sisters and everyone else who have been so helpful and supportive. It sounds like I don't need to worry about not being able to eat lettuce while I adjust to being a "metal mouth" (although actually I have the ceramic type). Thank goodness since I have plenty of other things to struggle with during this adjustment period!

jilian61
05-05-2012, 09:56 PM
Hi everyone.
My coach told me this week at my WI that Jicama is allowed now. I had never had it before - but tried it and it was good. Nice to have a new vegetable to add to what I've been eating. Feel like I was getting into a rut. Does anyone else eat jicama?? I've just been eating it raw with a little lemon juice on it. Wondering how else I might prepare it.

Thanks.

mtnsun4
05-05-2012, 10:03 PM
Just checking in tonight! Had the bar-b-que today and didn't end up eating there. We went to Chili's- I got a salad. Had a good dinner- wayyyy full. I am retaining water this week- think TOM is coming soon. Hope everyone has a great evening!

Up North Girl
05-05-2012, 10:17 PM
Hi everyone.
My coach told me this week at my WI that Jicama is allowed now. I had never had it before - but tried it and it was good. Nice to have a new vegetable to add to what I've been eating. Feel like I was getting into a rut. Does anyone else eat jicama?? I've just been eating it raw with a little lemon juice on it. Wondering how else I might prepare it.

Thanks.
I eat jicama with lime and sea salt. That is how they serve it on the beach in Mexico. I am glad to hear it is allowed as it is my "go to" for mindless hunger.

mylastdiet
05-05-2012, 10:39 PM
Just had a NSV...... I just fit into some pants I haven't been able to wear for a long time! They fit nicely, too. Didn't have to force the zipper!
I  Ideal Protein!

Kat2500
05-05-2012, 10:51 PM

Happy Birthday (for the next few hours). I am happy that you are staying the course -- if you can do this on "your day" then I can also you can do anything. Your progress is a beacon to us newbies -- I hope that you do not mind if I use a little of your willpower to finish off the day!

kellycg102
05-05-2012, 10:53 PM
Just a quick check in. Still OP while traveling and staying with my brother. He bought a bag of Oreo cookies........ugh....that was a little tough, but just chewed a piece of gum and made it thru. Great posts as usually today, have a great weekend. I am headed home tomorrow, looking forward to it.

NewPath
05-05-2012, 10:58 PM
Has anyone ate at buffalo wild wings while on ip? We are going tonight and I've never been. It looks like they have plain chicken tenders I could do with a side salad. Or maybe a bun less burger?

Yes. Unfortunately I did eat there on my first week OP. It was terrible, but OP. The chicken was dry, dry, dry. I forgot to bring ACV so I ended up just asking for lemons and drizzling it over the lettuce. I won't go there again. If I have to, I will eat first! Sorry. Hope you have better luck!

Kaypix
05-05-2012, 11:33 PM
Good evening all, just posting a quick accountable to myself note...I cheated today and feel like a lurch for doing it...I ate an Atkins Endulge bar for a snack instead of just drinking more water. Had a really tough time at Chili's, and even though I ended up eating healthy there, the mental side of it haunted me until I got home. On the "bright" side, Karma decided to come kick me in the bumm tonight and I ended up with water in the basement, so spent half an hour using a squeegy push thingy getting the water into the sump pump well... then promptly got into a stupid argument with DH... oh the things Karma may do to remind one to stay OP...

haddy4
05-05-2012, 11:48 PM
ahhh today has been so hard ..im starving and crabbie ..im pretty lucky that this is day 26 of diet and it really is the first day ive really felt the hunger..hopefully tomorrow will be better...

Beanie Mommy
05-06-2012, 12:28 AM
Hi IP Chicks!

Excellent Saturday - I went on a first date with a great guy. He took me to on a tour of a cave nearby (one with rock formations and an actual tour guide, not like dragging me by my hair caveman style...) It was very fun and actually quite romantic :)

Stayed OP no problem since there was no food involved with this date. We did have coffee afterwards, but that's a no-brainer. Quite happy and not hungry because my stomach is full of butterflies, yay! First time in 2 years (since divorce). Starting to feel like there is a bit of hope for my romantic life, even if not at ideal weight.

Have a wonderful Sunday! Stay strong and OP 100%.

Kaypix
05-06-2012, 12:34 AM
Hi IP Chicks!

Excellent Saturday - I went on a first date with a great guy. He took me to on a tour of a cave nearby (one with rock formations and an actual tour guide, not like dragging me by my hair caveman style...) It was very fun and actually quite romantic :)

Stayed OP no problem since there was no food involved with this date. We did have coffee afterwards, but that's a no-brainer. Quite happy and not hungry because my stomach is full of butterflies, yay! First time in 2 years (since divorce). Starting to feel like there is a bit of hope for my romantic life, even if not at ideal weight.

So glad you had a fun date! i remember you said that you were a bit apprehensive about cave exploring, but so glad it worked out, and talk about perfect with no food right? Think there will be a date # 2 in the future?

Beanie Mommy
05-06-2012, 12:43 AM
So glad you had a fun date! i remember you said that you were a bit apprehensive about cave exploring, but so glad it worked out, and talk about perfect with no food right? Think there will be a date # 2 in the future?

:) I am pretty hopeful there will be a date #2 in the future. The problem is my schedule - I have a 2 year old, and I like spending time with her, and I don't like hiring a sitter too much. I'll figure it out, I'm sure. And I've been upfront about that, so the guy is pretty relaxed about it.

The cave was great... the guide turned off the lights at some point and it was completely dark, which led to the romantic moments of the tour... I am now a firm believer in cave dating, and highly recommend it ;)

Kaypix
05-06-2012, 01:06 AM
:) I am pretty hopeful there will be a date #2 in the future. The problem is my schedule - I have a 2 year old, and I like spending time with her, and I don't like hiring a sitter too much. I'll figure it out, I'm sure. And I've been upfront about that, so the guy is pretty relaxed about it.

The cave was great... the guide turned off the lights at some point and it was completely dark, which led to the romantic moments of the tour... I am now a firm believer in cave dating, and highly recommend it ;)

Haha I live in South Dakota, and there are quite a few beautiful caves out in the western side of the state, and they are really amazing inside. I remember going on a tour wearing those sneakers that you stomp and their heels light up, and when the tour guide turned off the light I jumped around, a lot....oh the days of being a kid! Best of luck in future dating scheduling with your cave-man (hehe get it?)

LizRR
05-06-2012, 01:22 AM

Happy 30th and enjoy a mug cake with a candle! You can even make ice cream with the drink mix!

Morning all
Down 2 more pounds, so on monday i`m gonna head into phase 2, scared and excited...

Congrats on reaching goal!

I have mega stuff to do today as the wedding shower I am hosting is tomorrow. I hope everyone has a great day!

Have a great shower tomorrow Cadu!

Congratulations! What a great milestone!

I had WI #13 today and expected no loss. Mainly because i've had constipation issues since last Saturday being on phase 2. Anyways I got on that scale and seen 120.0!!! Lost 1.8! WOO HOO!!! I MADE GOAL!! I planned on going to phase 3 anyways today but it made that big breakfast even more enjoyable! :)

Another goal met! Thank you for showing us how it's done!

Well it's unofficial till WI on Wednesday, but I finally hit the 170's this morning. I thought I would have been there a couple of weeks ago, but the scale decided to stall for those two weeks. Thanks to some tweaking with my foods it finally moved.:carrot: Now to work on the next 10 pounds.

Congrats on the decade move! And we have had the same mugginess up in Dallas. I have been worried about my daily park walks with my son. As its getting hotter I am trying to think of alternatives (mall walking/play area).

My sheet for Phase 1 does not list lettuce as a compulsory part of the protocol, my coach also never said it was required either. But I do find I need at least 1 salad a day to help with the stomach grumbles and I think helps with the "big c". A spinach smoothie might be an okay way to get in some veggies, the blender liquefies it and you can't taste it with chocolate RTD.

Back from first WI. Down 8.8 lbs. and about 7 inches. So I wasn't imagining the extra room in my jeans (-1.5 inches in hips)

That is a fantastic WI! What a great start, don't get too attached to those jeans, you'll be swimming in them before you know it!

My Franks Red Hot Buffalo Wing Sauce is 0/0/0. But I had to look at several bottles before I found one that was. A lot of them have a high fat count.

Make and eat a mug cake! And embrace your hormonal state, it means all the estrogen from the fat you burned off is working through your bloodstream!

It makes sense that jicama is allowed, as it seems like a 'light' vegetable. I have only eaten it raw, as it comes with my sushi as garnish (and I usually eat everything on my sushi plate!).

LizRR
05-06-2012, 01:47 AM
I am catching up on all the chat this weekend, so many great updates on NSVs, goals met, birthdays, and a great first date! Maybe it's my own crazy hormones, but every time someone posts about their foul mood I am happy for them as I imagine it is all that pesky estrogen released from their great fat burning.

I cleaned out my closet today of most of my size 14s and XL shirts. We are having a garage sale in 2 weeks and will use the proceeds to fund my new wardrobe! I also found a lot of oldies but goodies from the back of the closet. I only have 1pair of size 12s from old times and found some 'super skinny stretch' size 14s that still work. I confess to saving a few of my favorite XL tops for 'maternity wear', as I plan on trying for baby #2 soon.

We had some rain that cleared out the pollen and my neti pot has helped, so the allergies are definitely subsiding. I will continue with my Bodypump again starting this Tue. The weather is getting HOT here, I love my afternoon walks to the park with my son - thinking that mall walking may be in my future soon (and there's a new play area there for my son).

Anyways, hope everyone has a great weekend, we went out to dinner with some friends and caught one of the wives checking me out! I wore a tank top I haven't worn since a Hawaii vacation over 3 years ago!

DanafromAustin
05-06-2012, 03:21 AM
Hi IP Chicks!

I'm happy to hear you had a great time.

We had some rain that cleared out the pollen and my neti pot has helped, so the allergies are definitely subsiding. I will continue with my Bodypump again starting this Tue. The weather is getting HOT here, I love my afternoon walks to the park with my son - thinking that mall walking may be in my future soon (and there's a new play area there for my son).

Anyways, hope everyone has a great weekend, we went out to dinner with some friends and caught one of the wives checking me out! I wore a tank top I haven't worn since a Hawaii vacation over 3 years ago!
We are now getting your rain and lots of thunder and lightening down here too. Could it be anymore humid outside? I'm with you on the walking outside. It's starting to get too hot to walk outside mid day. Looks like early morning or waiting till after the sun sets. Looks like we are in for another LONG Texas summer!

Cadu
05-06-2012, 06:46 AM
Just popping in to say Good Morning Everybody

Lots of great NSV's in this thread this weekend. Keep up the great work. Summer is coming and we are gonna be a bunch of hotties. LOL. I am happy to report that this will be day 4 for my son, Tommy and he is doing so well, He got on the scale yesterday and was down 5 pounds already and he didn't get the headaches or grouchiness. (just a little tired). I guess being so young and a male he is going to drop pretty fast. It warms my heart to see his confidence coming back. I am very excited for him. :)

As for me, the shower is today but I am not worried at all for it is at my house and I have all that I need here to stay OP. I am just happy to be able to get time with my sisters. I have 3 of them and we always have a great time when we get together. We love to laugh and we can be quite loud and obnoxious when we are together lol.

Have a great day!!!!!!!

Samba
05-06-2012, 07:59 AM

Lots of great NSV's in this thread this weekend. Keep up the great work. Summer is coming and we are gonna be a bunch of hotties. LOL. I am happy to report that this will be day 4 for my son, Tommy and he is doing so well, He got on the scale yesterday and was down 5 pounds already and he didn't get the headaches or grouchiness. (just a little tired). I guess being so young and a male he is going to drop pretty fast. It warms my heart to see his confidence coming back. I am very excited for him. :)

As for me, the shower is today but I am not worried at all for it is at my house and I have all that I need here to stay OP. I am just happy to be able to get time with my sisters. I have 3 of them and we always have a great time when we get together. We love to laugh and we can be quite loud and obnoxious when we are together lol.

Have a great day!!!!!!!

Good on your son! Mine is doing this too. It is really heartwarming to see them lose and get healthy. You are right about the confidence thing too. I so hope the young ones get the lifestyle change and can enjoy their young years more!

Have a great time at the shower. Sounds like you will!

luvthesun
05-06-2012, 08:00 AM
Cadu, have a fabulous time at the shower today! I have so much fun with my sisters and cousins that any time spent together is always crazy and unforgettable! I'm sure you will be getting MANY compliments from various guests about the newer YOU! Enjoy!

JKfromIL
05-06-2012, 08:07 AM
NSV... I am officially in a size 18:) Haven't seen that since high school:) Thank God for the goodwill store or it would be hard to pull together pants for work everyday. Hope everyone has a good Sunday!

Jag23
05-06-2012, 08:44 AM
HI everyone,Happy Sunny Sunday! I am going on a motorcycle day trip with my love. He'll have to wait till I wake up though cause I'm on night shift.
Started at a new clinic Friday,and boy did I feel a different energy! They are there for YOU. I am very pumped to do well after the great meeting. Really looking forward to Thurs when I get weighed again. I'm not seeing the same coach because the one I met Friday,doesn't work Thurs. My work shedule conflits a little. Doesn't matter to me,just as long as I get weighed.
Thjis is such a positive thing for me,kinda wiah I had changed earlier,but I did give the 1st clinic a good change. Oh well,onward and forward with the weight lose.............Have a great Sunday everyone

Skinnyminny26
05-06-2012, 08:54 AM
Wow, that is a huge accomplishment. How long did it take to lose it? Did you exercise?

Thanks! That was WI# 15, so I am going into week 16, I do not exercise vigorously, I walk 2 miles 3-4 times a week, I have 2 young children so that's about all I have time for:)

Dakin
05-06-2012, 08:55 AM
Good morning all!
I'm feeling grumpy and sick of eating so regimentedly and I'm tired of veggies, veggies, veggies! It's not that I want to pig out on chips and ice cream, but I just want to be done with needing to be so rigid. I hope I can firm up my resolve and "embrace the process" as I have been the last two months. I'm just moody today.
That being said, I am enjoying my coffee macchiato (coffee with IP choc drink and a touch of almond extract).
Wishing everyone a great day OP!!!

Samba
05-06-2012, 08:57 AM
NSV... I am officially in a size 18:) Haven't seen that since high school:) Thank God for the goodwill store or it would be hard to pull together pants for work everyday. Hope everyone has a good Sunday!

Congratulations! I know it is awesome to hit those size milestones. Thank goodness for GW is right! I went crazy and bought too many pants and was out of them in a week! Ooops, but it is exciting to get in to smaller clothes.

HI everyone,Happy Sunny Sunday! I am going on a motorcycle day trip with my love. He'll have to wait till I wake up though cause I'm on night shift.
Started at a new clinic Friday,and boy did I feel a different energy! They are there for YOU. I am very pumped to do well after the great meeting. Really looking forward to Thurs when I get weighed again. I'm not seeing the same coach because the one I met Friday,doesn't work Thurs. My work shedule conflits a little. Doesn't matter to me,just as long as I get weighed.
Thjis is such a positive thing for me,kinda wiah I had changed earlier,but I did give the 1st clinic a good change. Oh well,onward and forward with the weight lose.............Have a great Sunday everyone

Enjoy your ride today! Glad you found the new clinic,too!

lcheney
05-06-2012, 09:21 AM
just finished w1, down 6 lb, this had been a hard week hope next week gets easier. I never thought this would be possible with my thyroid issues. this is the first diet that has worked in a long time.

jcjnjj
05-06-2012, 09:41 AM
Hi IP Chicks!

Sounds like a great first date! Love the butterflies!

Samba
05-06-2012, 09:51 AM
just finished w1, down 6 lb, this had been a hard week hope next week gets easier. I never thought this would be possible with my thyroid issues. this is the first diet that has worked in a long time.

Hurray for this weight loss! I do not lose easily and IP has been an answer to prayer for me as far as a plan I could lose on! I know it is harder with the thyroid issues, so this is super results for you!

It is a gorgeous morning here. Perfect temp and still. I am sitting in the backyard and there are many birds singing. The baby Sheltie is having a blast. My showline German Shepherd is doing her effortless floating trot around the yard. Beautiful to watch!

I brought breakfast outside. A big cup of Java with some vanilla drink added plus a few drops of english toffee stevia. Heavenly! A plate of crispy cereal pancakes with a little smear of WF peanut butter and my beloved WF pancake syrup. I try to keep my use of the WF things and sweeteners minimal, but this morning I really had a treat of a breakfast.

The next move is to load three GSDs in to the Suburban, put the bike in the rack, and get a few miles of running in for each dog. I think next weekend will be the last specialty show I do this spring. Got to have them in shape to run that big ring.

Enjoy your day everyone. Keep up the IP plan eating! I know it is not always a lark, but so worth it!

NewPath
05-06-2012, 09:56 AM

Beanie Mommy, thank you for sharing a wonderful story!! I am so glad that you had a wonderful time on your first date! How exciting and fun!!!

Sewmam
05-06-2012, 09:57 AM
a
Wow - what a productive day. Must feel good though to know you got the job done. Have a good restful evening and night Sewmam.

Hi Sewmam, I just want you to know that I think of you everytime I get low and down about my new liftesyle. You have accomplished amazing things, and you continue to accomplish great things...every day!!!!

Aw gee...thanks, and to PeggyG too. I ended up watching British comedies on TV last night. After trying to read and finding my eyes glazing over, I gave up and fell asleep watching TV. ;) I forgot to look for that super moon last night, but I do remember noticing how light the sky was when I got up for one of my bathroom trips.

You all are such a bunch of wonderful people. I have been feeling overwhelmed with the task of getting my house ready, and keep pushing as hard as I can, but it is difficult. Just keep reminding myself that getting every little thing on my list done, instead of freaking out over the whole project, is just like when I started IP. I took it one day at a time...

Just saw a small spot I missed on the carport, then need to start on the side of the house.

When I lived in San Jose, CA, I used to love the Cinco de Mayo festivities. Hope everybody had a wonderful Saturday and has an even better Sunday!

wuv2bloved
05-06-2012, 10:21 AM
I haven't had time to read the weekend thread but just wanted to let everyone know that yesterday I shocked a few people. I went to my ex's niece's wedding reception. Saw people I hadn't seen in 6 yrs (since divorced) and needless to say they were shocked and freaked out. My ex was there and his mouth dropped to the floor...haha....His sister starting crying when she saw me, her and I didn't get along when we were married but have become closer after the divorce. She realized it was the ex planting bad things about me to his family. Anywho....was great to see all of their faces when I walked in cuz I was looking "hot"....haha.....LOVED IT!...

Today is our family reunion so I am going to freak a few more people out today. It will be fun but it won't be as fun as seeing the reactions of the ex and his family....haha

Have a great Sunday!....lots of food will be around today but I have my water and my Powerade Zero ready for the day along with my cut up veggies to munch on throughout the day when everyone else is eating chips and other junk :)

Darralyn
05-06-2012, 10:50 AM
originally posted by wuv
I haven't had time to read the weekend thread but just wanted to let everyone know that yesterday I shocked a few people. I went to my ex's niece's wedding reception. Saw people I hadn't seen in 6 yrs (since divorced) and needless to say they were shocked and freaked out. My ex was there and his mouth dropped to the floor...haha....His sister starting crying when she saw me, her and I didn't get along when we were married but have become closer after the divorce. She realized it was the ex planting bad things about me to his family. Anywho....was great to see all of their faces when I walked in cuz I was looking "hot"....haha.....LOVED IT!...

Today is our family reunion so I am going to freak a few more people out today. It will be fun but it won't be as fun as seeing the reactions of the ex and his family....haha

Have a great Sunday!....lots of food will be around today but I have my water and my Powerade Zero ready for the day along with my cut up veggies to munch on throughout the day when everyone else is eating chips and other junk

The best revenge is a life well lived and you my dear are a testament to that! Fabulous!!

NewPath
05-06-2012, 10:51 AM
Shocking people with your "hotness" has to be an awesome feeling! You are strong and have worked sooooo hard! They say, "The best revenge is succcess."
Have a fantastic reunion today. You deserve every look, stare, and compliment that you get!!!!:carrot:

Darralyn
05-06-2012, 10:59 AM
Hi all! I went to the Cinco de Mayo party last night, stayed OP and had a very good time in spite of drinking ice water instead of beer or margarita. We didn't stay too late as I am an early to bed kind of person but everyone was cool with that. We saw many old friends and I thorouly enjoyed the evening. I haven't been out in a long time due to the terminal illness of my sister (now deceased) and all the weight I had put on. I was too embarassed to see all of these people. I hibernated and just went to work for a couple of years. Anyway...it was great to come out and be amongst the living again.
Thanks all for the love and support you give here....you all are a God send.

willsmashfat
05-06-2012, 11:00 AM
Enjoy the shower and family time, Carol!

Keep those jaws dropping, Lisa!

Have a safe trip home, Kelly.

When will you be posting those photos, Sewmam?

Enjoy the rest of the weekend, all!

Up North Girl
05-06-2012, 11:26 AM

Have a great Sunday!....lots of food will be around today but I have my water and my Powerade Zero ready for the day along with my cut up veggies to munch on throughout the day when everyone else is eating chips and other junk :)
Omg Wuv,
I "wuvved" your story. There is nothing like showing people what you are capable of when someone is not dragging you down. Be proud-- you deserve it!!! This is the best story I've heard in a long time.

LizRR
05-06-2012, 11:33 AM
I am happy to report that this will be day 4 for my son, Tommy and he is doing so well, He got on the scale yesterday and was down 5 pounds already and he didn't get the headaches or grouchiness. (just a little tired). I guess being so young and a male he is going to drop pretty fast. It warms my heart to see his confidence coming back. I am very excited for him. :)

As for me, the shower is today but I am not worried at all for it is at my house and I have all that I need here to stay OP. I am just happy to be able to get time with my sisters. I have 3 of them and we always have a great time when we get together. We love to laugh and we can be quite loud and obnoxious when we are together!

That is wonderful you are doing this and coaching your son. What a lucky guy! And have fun at the shower, it's great you have more 'control' over the menu!

Congrats on the downsizing, yeah - another expensive part of IP are the wardrobe changes! Don't get too attached to those 18s...I have a feeling they will be too loose in a few short weeks!

I am so happy you found a great clinic/coach team. That is such an important part of IP that I think really sets it apart from others. Enjoy your ride!

Thanks! That was WI# 15, so I am going into week 16, I do not exercise vigorously, I walk 2 miles 3-4 times a week, I have 2 young children so that's about all I have time for:)

Sounds like my 'workouts', there is a playground stop on the way so I consider it win-win for me and my son, although with summer heat coming looking for alternatives.

Good morning all!
I'm feeling grumpy and sick of eating so regimentedly and I'm tired of veggies, veggies, veggies! It's not that I want to pig out on chips and ice cream, but I just want to be done with needing to be so rigid. I hope I can firm up my resolve and "embrace the process" as I have been the last two months. I'm just moody today.
That being said, I am enjoying my coffee macchiato (coffee with IP choc drink and a touch of almond extract).

Enjoy your macchiato, and embrace your estrogen rush! Congrats on the fat burning!

Congratulations on your WI! That is great, I don't have any medical issues myself, but there are several IPers who post regularly that have had great success!

Hahahahhaha! Oh I love it Wuv! I wish I would have been a fly on the wall to see their faces!

Hi all! I went to the Cinco de Mayo party last night, stayed OP and had a very good time in spite of drinking ice water instead of beer or margarita. We didn't stay too late as I am an early to bed kind of person but everyone was cool with that. We saw many old friends and I thorouly enjoyed the evening. I haven't been out in a long time due to the terminal illness of my sister (now deceased) and all the weight I had put on. I was too embarassed to see all of these people. I hibernated and just went to work for a couple of years. Anyway...it was great to come out and be amongst the living again.

I have learned to 'party' without drinking in the past few years, it really is about getting together with friends and family and enjoying each others company. It's great you were able to get out there and have fun!

usmcvet
05-06-2012, 11:43 AM
NSV. Just ties my shoes and realized it was much easier than it has been in a long time. Going to stack wood with the kids. They play for the most part but it's more fun and teaches them some responsibility. We should finish it up today.

evepet
05-06-2012, 11:45 AM
It makes sense that jicama is allowed, as it seems like a 'light' vegetable. I have only eaten it raw, as it comes with my sushi as garnish (and I usually eat everything on my sushi plate!).

We can eat sushi? Maybe I just don't know enough about sushi...haven't really had it that often... but when I have, it's always had rice in it. Or are there different kinds? I'm going into work from my Toronto office on Tuesday next week again, and there's been talk of everyone going out to lunch to a sushi place nearby that has a great lunch buffet. I've been concerned about going with them, as I don't know if there's anything other than sushi on their menu.

Volly
05-06-2012, 11:45 AM
Good Morning everyone! I purchased the coolest gadget yesterday at WalMart... a snow cone maker. This morning when I made my drinks, I put about 4-5 ice cubes in the machine and added shaved ice to my drink. What a great treat! I can now eliminate the electric blender and will be out the door that much quicker in the mornings. It is amazing the little things that make life easier. I have loved reading the stories this weekend! Such accomplishments and moments which reinforce our reasons for continuing with IP. Wuv, you will be riding on a high for the entire weekend!! That will be such a great feeling. I hope everyone enjoys their Sunday.

Darralyn
05-06-2012, 11:49 AM
NSV. Just ties my shoes and realized it was much easier than it has been in a long time. Going to stack wood with the kids. They play for the most part but it's more fun and teaches them some responsibility. We should finish it up today.

You sound like such a fun Dad! Tying shoes is a big deal; I had a hard time at 225 lbs and can relate; it is really hard to do a lot of things when we are heavy; just one more incentive to stay OP! Best of luck to you! You have had tremendous progress!:)

wendyquilts
05-06-2012, 12:17 PM
Thanks, everybody for the encouragement yesterday. It wasn't hormones, it was just a crappy day - yucky weather, being away from my husband on my birthday (and the totally self-pitying thought that 35 is an "important" birthday and no celebration happening), balanced my checkbook with less than pleasant results and some other stuff. And of course my almost-4 year old was doing a fine job of mirroring my crappy attitude. But I stayed OP even though I didn't want to, and was rewarded by the scale this morning. :)

It's looking like a much nicer day all around. The wind is blowing but the sun's shining and my son and I are going to see hubby this afternoon, so I'm in a much better mood.

sneuse
05-06-2012, 12:22 PM
Morning all! Hope everyone is enjoying their Sunday morning and feeling healthy and happy!

I woke up still a little disappointed that I had almost knocked myself out of ketosis by eating out (I still can't believe they season their veggies with sugar!) I went ahead and tested again and there are more ketones today than yesterday so I'm trying to perk up.

Do any of you guys weigh at home in between WI's with their coach? I've been avoiding it for a few reasons: I didn't want to see a lower number at home and be disappointed at my WI and I figured I'd be happier if I saw a big change instead of a gradual change every other day or so.

Having said that, after my freak out about the sugar I weighed myself and it shows a small change (151.6 Monday and 150.2 last night) but I don't know if I should trust it. Especially since I weighed again this morning (just for shits and giggles) and it said 150.4 even though I hadn't had anything to eat or drink yet!

I guess what I'm getting at is - does anyone who weighs at home also find that their results vary dramatically or are they usually pretty spot on?

mooselover
05-06-2012, 12:23 PM
I am home safe and sound :D I had a great trip to Dallas to visit my sister and then a good week in Casper, WY for work. It was good to hear all the compliments and well wishes from everyone I haven't seen in 2 months. Made me feel sooooo good. I missed being able to keep in touch with everyone on here, but I was just too busy at work and then too tired at the end of the day. I am glad to be back home where I can check in more often. I have missed 2 weeks of WI's, and my WI day is Friday, so I will have to wait for my official numbers. I took a peek on my scale at home this morning and I show 29.3 pounds in 10 weeks :carrot:

evepet
05-06-2012, 12:27 PM
Looks like we are in for another LONG Texas summer!

This is totally non-IP related... but one of my nephews is being 'wooed' to accept a promotion in Austin, and it looks quite likely that he and his family will end up moving down there. They will definitely find the weather different from here in Ontario. Does your summer weather get 'sticky'... or is it more of a dry heat?

. I am happy to report that this will be day 4 for my son, Tommy and he is doing so well, He got on the scale yesterday and was down 5 pounds already and he didn't get the headaches or grouchiness. (just a little tired). I guess being so young and a male he is going to drop pretty fast. It warms my heart to see his confidence coming back. I am very excited for him. :)

Good news about your son.. glad he's having a relatively easy time of it. Have a fantastic time today with your sisters and the rest of the shower gang!

Congrats! And yes - thank goodness for GW and related consignment-type stores. Have a great Sunday!

That is fantastic news about your new clinic. Glad that you're so positive about it. Have a good day on your motorcycle trip.

I hope I can firm up my resolve and "embrace the process" as I have been the last two months. I'm just moody today.

I'm sure you can - this is just a 'moody bump' on the long-term road. You can do it! Think of all that fat and estrogen you're releasing.. bad moods mean things are working!

Congrats on making it through Wk 1 - good WI results. Week 2 generally is considered much easier. Keep on trucking - you can do it!

I love it! :D:D Gotta be so motivating too to keep moving forward when you get those type of reactions! :carrot:

Glad you enjoyed yourself, and are feeling more like 'getting out there'. I tend to isolate myself too (61 - single)... need to make more effort. Maybe the self confidence of slimming down will help get me moving into more social situations.

I'm sure your kids love 'helping' Dad. :)

I'm just writing up my grocery list, which I have to go shop for a bit later today. I allowed myself a lazy day yesterday, reading and not doing much (LOL) so have to get that done today. As I walk to/from my supermarket, I'll also get that bit of exercise in. BTW - I totally recommend the book 'Why We Get Fat - And What to Do About It'. Had my nose glued to that book for a long time yesterday and finished it. Now I need another good book to read! All suggestions are welcome.

I'm also hoping Liz or another of you will answer my question about sushi today or tomorrow. She posted something above that made me think she's eating it - and I had thought we'd have to stay away from the rice... unless she 'eats around' the rice? Have a possible social occasion coming up on Tuesday and I know sushi is going to be the chief food item on the menu...

Have a great Sunday everyone. 'See' you later. :)

DanafromAustin
05-06-2012, 01:23 PM

Have a great day!!!!!!!
Have a great time today Carol.

Congrats on your first week loss. The first week is the worst. From here on each week will get easier and easier. I've been on IP almost 7 months now, and it's really become second nature to me now. Since going through menopause, IP is the only diet that I could actually loose on. Best diet ever!

a
When I lived in San Jose, CA, I used to love the Cinco de Mayo festivities. Hope everybody had a wonderful Saturday and has an even better Sunday!
We moved to Austin from San Jose. Which area did you live in? Our home was in Willow Glen.

[B][COLOR="Indigo"]I haven't had time to read the weekend thread but just wanted to let everyone know that yesterday I shocked a few people. I went to my ex's niece's wedding reception. Saw people I hadn't seen in 6 yrs (since divorced) and needless to say they were shocked and freaked out. My ex was there and his mouth dropped to the floor...haha....His sister starting crying when she saw me, her and I didn't get along when we were married but have become closer after the divorce. She realized it was the ex planting bad things about me to his family. Anywho....was great to see all of their faces when I walked in cuz I was looking "hot"....haha.....LOVED IT!...

Nothing better!

This is totally non-IP related... but one of my nephews is being 'wooed' to accept a promotion in Austin, and it looks quite likely that he and his family will end up moving down there. They will definitely find the weather different from here in Ontario. Does your summer weather get 'sticky'... or is it more of a dry heat?

Right now it's pretty humid and hot, but I have found as the summer goes on it's still hot, but it gets less humid. It's the south for sure, but not as humid as the deep south, but not dry like the southwest either. They will LOVE Austin. It's a very fun city to live in, great for families, music everywhere, a very outdoors city thanks to the beautiful weather, and always something going on. If you can get through the summers (and they are nasty), the rest of the year is beautiful. Winter is very short here, and most of the year is spent in shorts and sandles. We moved here two years ago from CA (We are CA natives), and it was the best decision we ever made.

Happy Sunday!. It was a long night here with lots of rain and thunderstorms, and two very nervous dogs. Thankfully it's Sunday so we all got to sleep in late. I also wanted to mention for those with the "C" issue, I bought some of that Smooth Move tea at Target yesterday that was mentioned on here. I drank one cup last night and well lets just say that it worked like a charm. I put some Stevia in it and I actually liked the taste.

Have a great OP day everyone.:)

0ojoyo0
05-06-2012, 01:40 PM
Hey everyone! Just popping in and then I have a paper to write. I just tried the soy patty for the first time, and I liked it! Based on some suggestions on this site, I didn't even bother trying to cook it like a patty. What I did instead is mixed it in the mixer with some homemade taco seasoning and minced onions and then cooked it in the same pan with some green peppers and diced green onions stirred in. Yum! It felt like a cheat. I hope everyone has a great Sunday!

Kaypix
05-06-2012, 02:01 PM

Franks Hot Sauce (Original) , and is a 0/0/0 sauce. You could use that along with some olive oil to get the consistency probably, maybe mix in one of the creamier ranch WF dressings to get a creamy texture as well and mild it up a bit...

atho128
05-06-2012, 02:40 PM
Finals week and TOM. This week is not gonna be easy, but I'm determined to stay 100% OP

Darralyn
05-06-2012, 02:57 PM
Glad you enjoyed yourself, and are feeling more like 'getting out there'. I tend to isolate myself too (61 - single)... need to make more effort. Maybe the self confidence of slimming down will help get me moving into more social situations.

I'm just writing up my grocery list, which I have to go shop for a bit later today. I allowed myself a lazy day yesterday, reading and not doing much (LOL) so have to get that done today. As I walk to/from my supermarket, I'll also get that bit of exercise in. BTW - I totally recommend the book 'Why We Get Fat - And What to Do About It'. Had my nose glued to that book for a long time yesterday and finished it. Now I need another good book to read! All suggestions are welcome.

I'm also hoping Liz or another of you will answer my question about sushi today or tomorrow. She posted something above that made me think she's eating it - and I had thought we'd have to stay away from the rice... unless she 'eats around' the rice? Have a possible social occasion coming up on Tuesday and I know sushi is going to be the chief food item on the menu...

Have a great Sunday everyone. 'See' you later. :)

I am exactly the same situation 61 and single.:dizzy:

Soootiff
05-06-2012, 03:05 PM
We didn't end up going to buffalo wild wings last night, it's new around here and was so packed. Instead, we went next door to Red Robin. I had a burger, protein style (no bun, cheese or sauce). I had them do a side salad and asked for hard-boiled egg on my salad. Turned out they ended up putting a cooked egg on my burger. I still ate it since I need extra protein per my coach and I skipped a 4th packet (worked out yesterday at the gym). It ended up being an ok dinner.

Today we will be getting some grocery shopping in and a few other Sunday errands.

Hope everyone has a great, OP day!

mommyIP
05-06-2012, 03:14 PM
It's been awhile since I checked in and read the threads. I've been busy w/wrapping up volunteer projects at my children's preschool and it seems as if one day rolls into the next.
I was so happy to join the challenge...I need a kick in the pants right now. I've been having awful mood swings and I'm just grumpy.
I'm looking forward to summer :)

Nilouve
05-06-2012, 03:20 PM
I did start using 2 Boca Burgers (All American Classic with non-GMO Soy) for lunch just because they have a lot of fiber and the fiber actually cancels out how many carbs are in them. 2 patties is 30g of protein. They are easy to just pop into the microwave at work and be on my way.
!

Ah the Boca Burgers! I used to practically live on those I loved them so much. Then for some mysterious reason, they completely disapeared from Canada and have been unavailable here, since a few years now.

Does anybody know if they are okay to bring into Canada, from the States? (since they do not contain any meat...).

shathom
05-06-2012, 03:27 PM
Hope everyone is having a great OP weekend! Reading all the posts keeps me sane :dizzy:. Good luck to everyone in the next week.:grouphug:

LizRR
05-06-2012, 03:34 PM
We can eat sushi? Maybe I just don't know enough about sushi...haven't really had it that often... but when I have, it's always had rice in it. Or are there different kinds? I'm going into work from my Toronto office on Tuesday next week again, and there's been talk of everyone going out to lunch to a sushi place nearby that has a great lunch buffet. I've been concerned about going with them, as I don't know if there's anything other than sushi on their menu.

I order sashimi, its sushi without the rice. I eat it when I'm on travel as there's a great lunch place by work, but limit it to 2x/week, since its 'fattier' (good fats though). Tuna, Salmon, Yellow Tail are my order with miso soup & their dry salad I squirt lemon slices on. Miso is a broth soup with tiny tofu bits, I usually squirt in the asian srirachi hot sauce as I like it super spicy! Note that the typical serving is ~1oz per piece. I usually have the full 9 piece standard sashimi plate lunch special as they are smaller for their lunch special portions and count it as my days protein. Shredded jicama is the standard garnish I eat dipped in low sodium soy & tons of wasabi. I also clean up the pickled ginger too!

Good Morning everyone! I purchased the coolest gadget yesterday at WalMart... a snow cone maker. This morning when I made my drinks, I put about 4-5 ice cubes in the machine and added shaved ice to my drink. What a great treat! I can now eliminate the electric blender and will be out the door that much quicker in the mornings. It is amazing the little things that make life easier. I have loved reading the stories this weekend! Such accomplishments and moments which reinforce our reasons for continuing with IP. Wuv, you will be riding on a high for the entire weekend!! That will be such a great feeling. I hope everyone enjoys their Sunday.

This is a great tip, I'm sure my son and nephews would love it too!

I woke up still a little disappointed that I had almost knocked myself out of ketosis by eating out (I still can't believe they season their veggies with sugar!) I went ahead and tested again and there are more ketones today than yesterday so I'm trying to perk up.

Do any of you guys weigh at home in between WI's with their coach? I've been avoiding it for a few reasons: I didn't want to see a lower number at home and be disappointed at my WI and I figured I'd be happier if I saw a big change instead of a gradual change every other day or so.

Having said that, after my freak out about the sugar I weighed myself and it shows a small change (151.6 Monday and 150.2 last night) but I don't know if I should trust it. Especially since I weighed again this morning (just for shits and giggles) and it said 150.4 even though I hadn't had anything to eat or drink yet!

I guess what I'm getting at is - does anyone who weighs at home also find that their results vary dramatically or are they usually pretty spot on?

I responded on the ketosis thread, glad you have found your center again. I honestly weigh at home occassionally, but don't take it too seriously. If its something you will take to heart and will fuel dissappointment and possible sabotage I would recomend staying off the scale. This diet is crazy notorious for jumping numbers. Example, last week I was the same for 3 days, gained a pound, then 2 days later overnight dropped 4lb, then the next night dropped another lb - which added up to last weeks 4lb weekly loss. Especially around tom you may be surrounded by no losses then suddenly drop big. Also, the weight will be different from what you measure at home and what you get at WI, different scales and different time of day as you eat & drink. My morning home weight is ~4lb lighter, but I only 'count' my official WI. I also look at all of the numbers, inches, lb, and %. You may not lose lb or in 1 week retaining water, but drop %, then the next have the makeup drop. Just stick to the program and know that you are burning fat and keeping it off!

Finals week and TOM. This week is not gonna be easy, but I'm determined to stay 100% OP

Good luck on finals!

Kat2500
05-06-2012, 03:45 PM

Today is our family reunion so I am going to freak a few more people out today. It will be fun but it won't be as fun as seeing the reactions of the ex and his family....haha:)

Thanks for sharing. I echo others on the board -- living well is the best way to live. Oh to be a fly on the wall!!! Enjoy today.

Kat

cupcakecathy
05-06-2012, 03:49 PM
I am going Monday to the first workshop so I can get started on this program. I do have a question though, is Pelligrino water OK, it is on sale today and I wanted to get some stocked up if it is allowed, thanks.

NewPath
05-06-2012, 04:00 PM
Cowabunga, Baby!!! I went for my 3rd WI and I am down another 5 lbs!!!
I guess you were all right, the "nasty mood swings" mean big weight loss!
I have apologized to my family regarding my moods and snaps. However, I feel like I may need to get a shirt that says, "Leave this fat chick alone, she is full of estrogen......and getting skinny. DON'T Mess....is best"

Besides the scale victory, I am no longer needing my CPAP machine, I have gone down two bra sizes, and my clothes are no longer viable.

IP works, I am beginning to believe and not doubt as much.

kmc1021
05-06-2012, 04:12 PM
Hey IP peeps! I have a question. I am craving Mexican and was just going to get a taco salad with chicken and no sour cream, but I was wondering what about fajitas? I don't know what they use to season, but have you ordered fajitas or no?

Great job on all the WI's today and yesterday!! I am hoping the swoosh fairy comes to visit me before Tuesday evening and I have a much better one then last week (-2). After this WI I will be on my own with about 20 AWESOME coaches on here!! Nervous about that!!

evepet
05-06-2012, 04:16 PM
I order sashimi, its sushi without the rice. I eat it when I'm on travel as there's a great lunch place by work, but limit it to 2x/week, since its 'fattier' (good fats though). Tuna, Salmon, Yellow Tail are my order with miso soup & their dry salad I squirt lemon slices on. Miso is a broth soup with tiny tofu bits, I usually squirt in the asian srirachi hot sauce as I like it super spicy! Note that the typical serving is ~1oz per piece. I usually have the full 9 piece standard sashimi plate lunch special as they are smaller for their lunch special portions and count it as my days protein. Shredded jicama is the standard garnish I eat dipped in low sodium soy & tons of wasabi. I also clean up the pickled ginger too!

Thanks very much LizRR. Much appreciated. 'Sashimi' !! Hope it's an option at this place we may go to on Tuesday! :D

Susan1956
05-06-2012, 04:56 PM
Hi everyone,

New to IP (one week and 3 days) and new to Fat Chicks! Lost 9.4 lbs on week one~~I was freaking HUNGRY but this week is starting off not as bad!

Too many diets to count in the past~~this is THE ONE!:)

I will look to you all for support, guidance and advice!

Darralyn
05-06-2012, 05:05 PM
Hi everyone,

New to IP (one week and 3 days) and new to Fat Chicks! Lost 9.4 lbs on week one~~I was freaking HUNGRY but this week is starting off not as bad!

Welcome and what great results you had!!:carrot:

Beanie Mommy
05-06-2012, 05:13 PM
I have apologized to my family regarding my moods and snaps. However, I feel like I may need to get a shirt that says, "Leave this fat chick alone, she is full of estrogen......and getting skinny. DON'T Mess....is best"

Besides the scale victory, I am no longer needing my CPAP machine, I have gone down two bra sizes, and my clothes are no longer viable.

Congrats! All the suffering is paying off big time, and it'll only get easier from here :)

ferrousgal
05-06-2012, 05:16 PM
I so want to just start pigging out on all kinds of junk today. Definitely stressing out from major life issues today, but I'm committed. I'm just mentally telling myself again and again that food is not going to solve my real life problems. *sigh* I did really well at an event last night where they were doing a dessert auction sort of thing. Just gave a dollar to be polite and passed the dessert that was picked by my table except to grab a doggie bag bit for the kids to have for dessert themselves. Really trying to be good despite 5000 reasons not to be.

Off to have a protein shake....

patns
05-06-2012, 05:28 PM
Ah the Boca Burgers! I used to practically live on those I loved them so much. Then for some mysterious reason, they completely disapeared from Canada and have been unavailable here, since a few years now.

Does anybody know if they are okay to bring into Canada, from the States? (since they do not contain any meat...).

Ah!!That was the question I was meaning to come on here to ask. I just kept forgetting. When someone mentioned the high fibre of Boca burgers I thought I hadn't seen them fot quite awhile. So that is the reason why.
So now I'm wondering if other brands of veggie burgers are high fibre too. I will need to check them out at the grocery store next time I am in.

I actually like veggie burgers better than ground meat burgers

mtnsun4
05-06-2012, 05:39 PM
Hello all! I had a productive day....my husband and I ended up cleaning/organizing the garage to prepare for our very big garage sale the first weekend in June. I am hoping to use that money for new clothes! Now, I am pooped. My baby is playing on the floor, my daughter is playing outside, and my husband is resting on the couch. Hmmmm, what's wrong with this picture? :D I would like to take a rest but need to run to home depot to get some hooks for our garage. We have lots of things to put up, put on shelves, etc. to make it more organized. But, don't want to wake him. Looks like more laundry for me! :( Have a great day all!

WingnutandMe
05-06-2012, 05:45 PM
Hey IP peeps! I have a question. I am craving Mexican and was just going to get a taco salad with chicken and no sour cream, but I was wondering what about fajitas? I don't know what they use to season, but have you ordered fajitas or no?

Great job on all the WI's today and yesterday!! I am hoping the swoosh fairy comes to visit me before Tuesday evening and I have a much better one then last week (-2). After this WI I will be on my own with about 20 AWESOME coaches on here!! Nervous about that!!

Hi kmc,

I love Mexican and have had fajitas (sort of). I will order them with no onions (or replace the onions with more peppers), no tortillas, no guacamole nor rice or beans. I take the meat and peppers and add the pico and lettuce and just eat it that way. Also, one place DH and I go has a buffet. They actually offer the fajita meat separate from the peppers and those are also separate from the onions (got to stay away from those wonderful caramelized onions). They have a huge bowl of lettuce, so I take a lot of lettuce and add the meat and peppers on top and some pico. Satisfies my Mexican cravings. I only do that every few weeks and it has not seemed to affected my losses.

The swoosh fairy is nice, but don't let her elusiveness stress you. If OP, it'll all swoosh away eventually.

You'll be just fine on your own. I have been now on my own for a month now and it's working well. Just like always, ask questons and read the posts.

Molly

DanafromAustin
05-06-2012, 07:08 PM
I am going Monday to the first workshop so I can get started on this program. I do have a question though, is Pelligrino water OK, it is on sale today and I wanted to get some stocked up if it is allowed, thanks.
My coach says yes, occasionally. I love Pelligrino, but truthfully I have always stuck with just plain water with a slice of lemmon.

:bravo:

Hi everyone,

This is definitely the one. Welcome to IP.

Hope everyone is having a good Sunday. I had all of these grand plans today to get things done around here, and it so didn't happen. After getting back from the gym my cousin called who lives in another state. We haven't talked since last November when she was here for my son's Bar Mitzvah. We had so much catching up to do that we talked on the phone for well over 2 hours. It was a lot of fun, but now all of my great plans I guess will have to wait till tomorrow as I've lost my motivation.;)

geoffiegirl
05-06-2012, 07:20 PM
Good Day everyone! Congrats to all your successes and everything! Isn't that the greatness of IP? My story this week was I had to play Last Post at a funeral last Wed and when I put on my dress uniform, the pants were almost hanging off me! Those were my "skinny" pants! So I have to order some new ones right away as it is our dress uniform! No more size 34! I haven't had that joy in about 6-7 years! Way to go, IP! My WI #4 is tomorrow! Here's hoping!
I also tried the chocolate drink and I think it is one of my favorites! Same with the chocolate protein bar! I also heard that they are coming out with a strawberry wafer product! Yum! Only thing it is an R product! I can't wait to try it though! :)

fam4me
05-06-2012, 07:28 PM
Good morning all!

Have you tried any new veggies? I'd never had turnips before and found that turnip fries are my new favorite. Also going to try a rutabaga tonight for the first time. My other "go to" is a fresh spinach salad. Easy to get 2 cups in. Good luck and hang in there.

fam4me
05-06-2012, 07:39 PM
Hi everyone,

Good luck and welcome. It did make me chuckle when I looked at your stats and it said "short".

Samba
05-06-2012, 08:18 PM

No more CPAP needed!! Awesome!!

usmcvet
05-06-2012, 08:21 PM
How did you know you didn't need the CPAP anymore? Mine is like my blankly. I've tried to sleep w/o it and haven't been able to.

Cadu
05-06-2012, 08:47 PM
Losts of good stuff on the boards this weekend.. yaaaaaaaay to all.

So, the shower is over and cleaned up. I had a great time with my fam and my niece was very happy. I did great food wise. I did get a little tempted when I was wrapping up all the desserts for people to take home. I got some on my hands and I soooooo wanted to lick my fingers. but I didnt. I am exhausted and am going to chill out in front of the tv with a mug cake.

Now on to our annual memorial day picnic. (the great thing is that all the yardwork is already done for that one)

Have a great night everybody

NewPath
05-06-2012, 09:02 PM
How did you know you didn't need the CPAP anymore? Mine is like my blankly. I've tried to sleep w/o it and haven't been able to.

I was waiting for replacement piece and my son and daughter noticed that I do not snore anymore. My daughter in her third year of nursing school so she has been up late, and listening for the roar. Roar, no more! I suppose usmcvet that I could still be having apneas....did not think about that...hmmmmmm.

Ng951
05-06-2012, 09:03 PM
Hi everyone,

Welcome and great job for week one :)

Momto2cs
05-06-2012, 09:07 PM
I noticed with my dh that after losing about 25 pounds he doesn't snore anymore either. He has about 20 more to go...

Hockeymom40
05-06-2012, 09:19 PM
Well today is day 5 100% OP after a four month break! To my surprise I only gained 5 pounds, I'm so happy to restart before I gained all my weight back! I am finding this time so much easier than the first. I didn't phase off the first time, so I'm looking forward to doing this 100% this time, I know I can do a life long maintaince. My coach is fantastic, so the journey continues. Have a great weekend everyone.

Hello hockeymom! Just wanted to say Hi from a fellow hockey mom.

kmc1021
05-06-2012, 09:21 PM
Hi kmc,

I love Mexican and have had fajitas (sort of). I will order them with no onions (or replace the onions with more peppers), no tortillas, no guacamole nor rice or beans. I take the meat and peppers and add the pico and lettuce and just eat it that way. Also, one place DH and I go has a buffet. They actually offer the fajita meat separate from the peppers and those are also separate from the onions (got to stay away from those wonderful caramelized onions). They have a huge bowl of lettuce, so I take a lot of lettuce and add the meat and peppers on top and some pico. Satisfies my Mexican cravings. I only do that every few weeks and it has not seemed to affected my losses.

The swoosh fairy is nice, but don't let her elusiveness stress you. If OP, it'll all swoosh away eventually.

You'll be just fine on your own. I have been now on my own for a month now and it's working well. Just like always, ask questons and read the posts.

Molly

Molly, thanks for the info. And btw I LOVE Houghton Lake. I went to high school in Gladwin but we always had a cottage in St. Helen. I do miss those days, but I love it in TN.

I ended up getting fajitas and because I told them nothing but chicken and peppers they gave me a lot. I love pico so that was nice and I laid it all out on a huge mound of lettuce. I felt SOOOOOO full afterward that I swear I gained 8 lbs, but know I didn't because everything was OP.

I went to Walmart today and I got one 4 pack of each type of EAS RTD and I ended up getting 2 different boxes of Pure Protein bars. I had a brain fart and was looking at fiber instead of protein and I was like, "No, I know these are what I need, why is there only 1 gram of fiber" Then it hit me and I walked away laughing. I didn't know that Walmart has their own brand of Mio, and it is a dollar cheaper. I am just about out so I stocked up, I got three different flavors. I also got steak and burger and chicken for the week. Lettuce, cabbage, cucumbers, green peppers, lots of cilantro and celery and a HUGE tub of minced garlic. I use that stuff like it is going out of style. I did get a box of decaf green tea because I didn't remember what to get to my bowels moving. All that only cost me $6 more than a week of IP food. That is two weeks of bars and all my meat and veggies for the week plus extras. I was very pleased to say the least. DH was happy with me as well!! I am going to succeed I will!! Thanks peeps!!

NewPath
05-06-2012, 09:22 PM
Sleep Apnea is a big deal. I was diagnosed this past year. It can be fatal. Sleep apnea affects so many of our vital organs and body systems. Mine originally caused my blood pressure to skyrocket 220/180.....suddenly and sporatically. I was hospitalized, that is when they figured it out. I was told that weight loss was the best treatment option, but had to go through 2 sleep studies and get fitted to the apparatus. If you know of anyone who has symptoms, get them to a doctor. Sleep apnea also affects metabolism, weight, stress levels and of course, the heart. Also, the equipment is wonderful and easy to get used to. (My machine is pink. My nose mask is pink and very comfortable!) Alot of peeps who really need the CPap don't want to go to the doctors because they fear that it will be awkward and uncomfortable-this is not the case. I hope that I have helped someone.

kmc1021
05-06-2012, 09:29 PM
I think I am official...I think I have joined the ranks...I think I have a ticker!!

sunshinered
05-06-2012, 09:38 PM
Hi everyone.

Thanks.

Love jicama! I hadn't heard that we could eat it. I figured it had too many carbs. I eat it plain and raw. My latina friends take a lime and squeeze it on then sprinkle chilli pepper and salt before eating it. I've never accepted their encouragement to try it like that.

sunshinered
05-06-2012, 09:39 PM
I think I am official...I think I have joined the ranks...I think I have a ticker!!

Love your goals. I too have not worn my wedding ring in years. I was 160 when I got married 23 years ago and was a ring size 4 3/4. I like your goal. I may make it mine too. I refused to have it resized. Actually now that I think about it, I had to have it cut off my finger.

sunshinered
05-06-2012, 09:41 PM
DH just walked in the door with a DQ Peanut Buster Parfait. How mean is that? Oh well. I'd rather be thin!

Hockeymom40
05-06-2012, 09:42 PM

If you compare the franks hot and the franks buffalo wing sauce they are both 0/0/0.
The buffalo says >1 carb, but the servings size is bigger, 1 tbsp vs 1 tsp and a lot less sodium. I think it's worth it to have the wing sauce.
Of course that's if you make it at home. I wouldn't order it out since you never know what's in it.

Sewmam
05-06-2012, 09:47 PM
When will you be posting those photos, Sewmam?

Good idea! I'll try to remember to take some tomorrow. Then I have to figure out how to post them here...

We moved to Austin from San Jose. Which area did you live in? Our home was in Willow Glen.

I lived in the downtown area on 11th Street near Santa Clara, then years later I bought a house in the Garden Alameda area on Pershing. Love San Jose!

---

Hello everybody. Well, I got the door trim painted, and did some caulking on some windows. That needs to dry, then I can paint the trim and adjoining wood panels. Then I pulled out a bunch of weeds behind my back porch, including some poison ivy... Then I pooped out. I think the sun did it.

I have bins of clothing in my bedroom that I may try to sort through and sell the ones I don't want at the garage sale next weekend. But then again, I'm so tired...I may just catch some zzzz's... I watched my favorite show..."Doctor Who," so I'm happy. ;)

I did cook some more rhubarb today and this time I added some WF Strawberry jam instead of real strawberries and it was surprising good! Now, I can have my rhubarb puree without using my fruit allotment, and just had some on my Greek yogurt for dessert.

I think I'm gonna try jicama this week - I've never had it before...

Hope you all had a lovely day !

Samba
05-06-2012, 11:16 PM
Sleep Apnea is a big deal. I was diagnosed this past year. It can be fatal. Sleep apnea affects so many of our vital organs and body systems. Mine originally caused my blood pressure to skyrocket 220/180.....suddenly and sporatically. I was hospitalized, that is when they figured it out. I was told that weight loss was the best treatment option, but had to go through 2 sleep studies and get fitted to the apparatus. If you know of anyone who has symptoms, get them to a doctor. Sleep apnea also affects metabolism, weight, stress levels and of course, the heart. Also, the equipment is wonderful and easy to get used to. (My machine is pink. My nose mask is pink and very comfortable!) Alot of peeps who really need the CPap don't want to go to the doctors because they fear that it will be awkward and uncomfortable-this is not the case. I hope that I have helped someone.

So true. Sleep apnea has really bad affects on us. My mother does not snore, but had many apneic episodes. I guess another sleep study would show if it were still needed or not?

I never have had a sleep study or a machine. I did used to snore some though. I also had significant heartburn. Now, I sleep so quietly and comfortably. Amazing. I think ths is a large part of why I feel so good now....finally, good sleep!

Kaypix
05-06-2012, 11:22 PM
Hey all, just checking in. I made a blog! It is so I stay accountable to my weight loss. Here it is :) http://kaypix.wordpress.com/

Sonyasbug
05-06-2012, 11:31 PM
Hello all. This weekend was the most difficult so far for me. Hubby has been away for work and I flew down to meet him. Its been a month on program and I hadn't shared that with him yet. All he wanted was ice cream, cupcakes, and fried Oreos. ( we were at a festival). Whoa I almost broke. Thank goodness one stand was selling whole pickles. Cold and crunchy it really did the trick from caving. Some restaurants we dined at had virtually NO Veggies available. I was shocked, afterwards took myself to a grocery store and bought some frozen ones I could pop in the microwave at the hotel. Even though I miss my DH immensely. I am so happy to be home and on my routine. Let's all make this a great week. Thanks for all the continued support!!

Kaypix
05-07-2012, 12:11 AM
Hey guys, NSV today! I'm having a hard time checking the forums, life is getting hectic, as usual. Today I went to the Avengers with DH and my brother and sister in law. I usually get a large coke, large popcorn extra butter and a candy...today? I sliced up a cucumber before we left and stashed it in my purse and snacked on it during the movie :) I also brought a protein bar to have since it was lunch time. Afterwards I went to the inlaws' house (hubby's dad and step mom) and 'mom' measured me after 2 weeks on the plan, lost 3 inches in my waist, and 2 inches in my bust :) So far so good! I started my blog day before yesterday to keep track of all my weight loss goals, objectives and discoveries, and so far it is going well. Weirdly, I have 3 people who I don't know following my blog now...weird very weird weird...two of which are foodies, I'm not foodish by any means, but maybe the recipe link I'm working on is what they found interesting...not sure...oh well, off to have an awesome night with DH watching Iron Man (yeah, why not right? must be a Robert Downey Jr. kind of day!) and prepping for another awesome week. If anyone has seen the whoosh fairy, please send her my way, I weigh in tomorrow AM!