South Beach Diet Fat Chicks on the Beach!

Closed Thread

Old 05-04-2012, 06:30 AM   #1  
Come on Spring!

S/C/G: 232/170/150

Height: 5'0" on a tall day

Default SBD Chat - Friday, May 4

Good morning. We slept a bit late this morning as there was a very noisy t-storm last night. Poor Disney gets absolutely terrified, poor baby. I let her onto the bed and she shook it for hours before settling down - seemed like hours anyhow.

The last three evenings have been hard as my friend Karen is having problems and really needs to talk. She is in her 40's, has two teens and having job problems. She has no parents - was raised in foster families - and needs mothering. I don't mind except the mothering seems to involve wine and cookies from the freezer. * Sigh * Not a good scale trip this morning.

Still raining this morning so there will be no gardening after gym. Probably just as well because I lots to do indoors. Today will be spent at my desk doing accounting and in the studio at the sewing machine. Not a bad plan for a drizzly day after a less than peaceful night.

What's a-happening on your TGIF? Any weekend plans?
Old 05-04-2012, 06:39 AM   #2  

S/C/G: 162/145/145

Height: 5' 9 3/4

Hi Ruth, sorry to hear about Karen. Maybe you could suggest a nice walk with her. I find I can clear my head a little better when I do it away from my home. A change of scenery does me good. Just a thought.

Terrible thunderstorms here too. My older dog used to be a scardy cat. Now fortunately he doesn't here as well.

No exciting plans at all as I am working all weekend. Looking forward to seeing an old friend on Tuesday and meeting her new baby!

Enjoy your day
Old 05-04-2012, 06:55 AM   #3  

S/C/G: 186/147/135

Height: 5'1"

Back to my favorite Newman's today, yum!

Ruth, I'm glad Karen can find comfort in spilling her troubles to you. You're such a good friend.

It's supposed to be sunny most of the day, but we may get severe storms this afternoon. I have to run out for some groceries this morning, but then I want to do some gardening before it rains. I have some flowers that I want to plant in my pots on the patio. I have a mountain of laundry, too, but that can wait til later this afternoon.
Tomorrow Jake and I are going over to Monica's in NJ to spend the day, and I"ll be going back over on Sunday with my SILs and Andrea for a "31" party demonstration.

It's so nice to have the day off, and everyone will be gone so I'll have the house to myself!

Last edited by cottagebythesea; 05-04-2012 at 07:10 AM.
Old 05-04-2012, 07:05 AM   #4  
Working on healthy

Height: 5'5.5

It poured all night again, so no yard work here. After that long drought we haven't had a dry day in the last week and a half. Glad I got the biggest part of the lawn done the day before it started.

Yesterday was not a productive day so today is high gear exhibit prep. Looks like my last quiet day until I head to my parents next Thursday so I will enjoy my time alone and get all my tasks completed. Happy Friday friends
Old 05-04-2012, 07:21 AM   #5  
Biker Chick!

S/C/G: 169/152/145

Height: 5' 5"

Good Morning Ruth, jekel, Cottage, CyndiM, and all others
Old 05-04-2012, 07:28 AM   #6  

S/C/G: maintaining

Good morning.

Storming here this morning too. DH set his alarm to get up and run and that woke me up first, then the storm kept me awake. Needless to say, he did not get in his outside run.

I have my workout with my mom this morning, then grocery shopping on the way home and I work this afternoon.

Have a great Friday!
Old 05-04-2012, 07:29 AM   #7  
GlenwoodHotSprings

S/C/G: 275/179/179

Height: 5'5"

Good Morning

My last free day before travel. I need to make a quick trip to Denver to p/u my carpet cleaner and a few groceries. I still haven't cleared off the dresser for laying out stuff. I thought my suitcases were here but they're in GWS. Will p/u Sunday. Oh, well.

everyone!

Cyndi,
Old 05-04-2012, 08:59 AM   #8  
sophie

Height: 5'4"

good morning

Ruth - nothing can be better that time in your studio.

Cottage - hope you get to plant your flower pots. Enjoy your weekend with the kids.

Cyndi - sometimes we need a deadline to get things done. Hope all goes well today.

Holly - good morning, will the weather be good to enjoy your bike this weekend.

Karen - busy, busy. sounds like you are back in the grove of working

Debbie - you must be getting excited about going to Alaska. Must be nice this time of year.

me - darn bathroom reno is still going on. Today I will put away all the winter jackets, gloves and hats. Hey, everyone enjoy the super moon this weekend.
take care
Sophie
Old 05-04-2012, 02:35 PM   #9  

S/C/G: 219/196/145

Height: 5'5"

We had a follow up at ENT for my youngest today, tubes in the ears it is. :\ Decided to go do some shopping for the camping season after that, and took the boys to lunch. I was pleased to see a whole page of low carb options at Cracker Barrel! Nothing big planned for the weekend, just some gardening as long as mother nature cooperates.
Closed Thread