Ideal Protein Diet - IP Daily Chat Friday 5/4/12

View Full Version : IP Daily Chat Friday 5/4/12

wuv2bloved
05-04-2012, 02:09 AM
Welcome back to the Daily Chat thread - post your plans for today, share what's been happening, ask questions!

:welcome3:

Some forum lingo:
NSV = Non-scale victory
TOM = time of the month
WI = Weigh-in
WF = Walden Farms
OP = on program

Bookmarking:
Ideal Protein Sub-forum Home page
Consider making it a bookmark or a favorite in your browser so you can come back easily to get your RDA of Ideal Protein information.
Ideal Protein Sub-forum Home Page (http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/ideal-protein-diet-236/)

Information for newbies:
Check the sticky page for lots of good information and please read before asking what might be a frequently asked question here in the daily thread: Information on Ideal Protein phases (1-4), recipes, newbie guide, FAQ, and other important threads. (http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/ideal-protein-diet/238801-ip-ultimate-list-recipes-faq-newbie-guide-other-important-threads.html)

Tickers and Signatures:
There are 2 requirements to have access to signatures and tickers. You must have been a member of 3fatchicks for 20 days AND posted at least 20 messages anywhere on the 3fatchicks forum. When you've met those requirements check The Ultimate Signature and Ticker Thread (http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/announcements-forum-help/203435-ultimate-one-stop-signature-ticker-thread-read-here-if-you-have-questions.html)for more information and instructions.

Quoting:
The best quoting tip (http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/announcements-forum-help/203435-ultimate-one-stop-signature-ticker-thread-read-here-if-you-have-questions.html)- EVER!! Thanks Rosie, aka 6710.

Searching:
If you can't find what you're looking for in this forum using the website search function, try using the "double search" using Google.

1) Go to google.com. Search 3fatchicks by using the term site:3fatchicks.com at the end of your google search.

For example, if you want to look for "big mac in a bowl", type "big mac in a bowl site:3fatchicks.com" in google search. No need to inlucde the quotation marks when you type.

2) This will bring up the page that you are looking for, now hit Ctrl+F to search on that page. Type "big mac in a bowl" and all instances of that search term will be highlighted.

Progress photos:
have been moved to the Mini-Goal Photo Album. (http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/mini-goals-201/)

Other helpful links related to the Ideal Protein diet:
Dr. Tran Tien Chanh's website (http://www.trantiendiet.com/site/spip.php?rubrique19)

Dr. Tran Tien Chanh's book (PDF file): The Unbalanced Diet Approach to a Slimmer You (http://www.trantiendiet.com/site/IMG/pdflivre_Dr_Tran.pdf)

med22
05-04-2012, 02:18 AM
Hello Everyone! I am excited for another new day! Once again I am new to this and I am looking forward to all the great support and advice! My second WI is tomorrow and I am hoping for good results! I am happy to say I am OP 100% and have not even been close to cheating. The mango drinks really help me! I usually have one for breakfast unless I have oatmeal and one for my snack. Pretty tasty! Looking forward to a nice grilled chicken salad for dinner! I hope everyone has a great day and have successful WI!

Longhorn Energy
05-04-2012, 02:27 AM
Good Day all. Thrilled with my first WI and looking forward to the next week. Loving all the tips, advice and recipes on the site here. As a man, I didnt really do a lot of 'cooking' just a lot of eating and as the only person in the family doing the diet, I am now cooking. Takes a lot more work and preparation that a good ole box of KD and a hot dog LOL. You women that do the cooking deserve more credit than we give you (at least in my case).

Only been on the site for a few days, but am amazed to see the varied information between coaches, centers, and countries. You would think a company as large as IP would be able to get their chit together in a much more organized fashion...For me this is the ONLY negative I have seen, so I guess I can live with that.

Again, to all of you posting the great recipes, it is very appreciated!

WingnutandMe
05-04-2012, 02:39 AM
Good Day all. Thrilled with my first WI and looking forward to the next week. Loving all the tips, advice and recipes on the site here. As a man, I didnt really do a lot of 'cooking' just a lot of eating and as the only person in the family doing the diet, I am now cooking. Takes a lot more work and preparation that a good ole box of KD and a hot dog LOL. You women that do the cooking deserve more credit than we give you (at least in my case).

Only been on the site for a few days, but am amazed to see the varied information between coaches, centers, and countries. You would think a company as large as IP would be able to get their chit together in a much more organized fashion...For me this is the ONLY negative I have seen, so I guess I can live with that.

:welcome:
Glad to have you join us here. You will find lots of delicious and easy recipes to try and you will find everyone extra helpful. We're all one big happy family.

My DH and I just arrived at the motel. We are about a 1/3 of the way on our trip up to our lake cottage in Michigan. Not usually ever online this late. I only was able to read 3 pages of yesterday's daily chat. I have withdrawls if I don't get to read every post.

About 11-12 hours on the road tomorrow. Probably a protein bar, a subway salad, a couple RTDs, and who knows what for dinner (depends on how late we get in).

I'll have lots of catching up to do when we get up there and settled in.

Everyone have a great OP Friday.
Molly

WingnutandMe
05-04-2012, 02:43 AM
Hello Everyone! I am excited for another new day! Once again I am new to this and I am looking forward to all the great support and advice! My second WI is tomorrow and I am hoping for good results! I am happy to say I am OP 100% and have not even been close to cheating. The mango drinks really help me! I usually have one for breakfast unless I have oatmeal and one for my snack. Pretty tasty! Looking forward to a nice grilled chicken salad for dinner! I hope everyone has a great day and have successful WI!

Good luck on your WI. When you're starting they can be stressful. Waiting and wondering. You'll do just great since you've been 100% OP. The diet is so great, it's easy not to even come close to cheating.

Have a great day.
Molly

shiipa
05-04-2012, 05:51 AM
Well, here I go. A three day trip tp Space Camp in Alabama (yes, the one that was shot at yesterday) with 300 5th graders. The shakes and snacks are packed. We shall see if I can stay on program with the cafeteria food provided or if I have to sneak away to Walmart :D
Have a great OP day:carrot:

Aud007
05-04-2012, 06:11 AM
Good morning - My first week OP is almost over, I have my first WI tomorrow and I can't wait to have the result. I've had headaches the first two days but all in order now, I adjusted salt and water intake and it seemed to have helped. Very happy to have found this community. Wow for all the tips and motivation and support. Thank you!

The only thing that is hard for me right now is I love to cook and bake ( I have a food blog...) and I do almost everything home-made...so baking muffins for my 10 year old last night was not so easy but I achieved it!! And I am so proud I did. That was my biggest fear. I want to continue baking without tasting ;-) And for the food blog, I have started to adapt my recipes to be IP proofed.

Well...I hope you have a great day and thanks again for being there ;-)

Cadu
05-04-2012, 06:48 AM
Happy Friday Everybody

Congrats on all the great losses & NSV's yesterday. there were so many posts that it ws hard to reply to everyone. I found it very overwhelming.
( My brain get overwhelmed easy these days). I hope everyone has a great day and stays on plan.

Kat2500
05-04-2012, 06:58 AM
Good morning everyone. As a newbie I appreciate all of the information and support. I am so glad that I found this site - when it gets a little rough I simply read thru the posts. I am continually amazed at the progress folks have made and their honest assessment of the journey -- I know that if others can do it -- so can I.

Sewmam
05-04-2012, 07:36 AM
Good morning everybody! It's still dark out here but the birds are chirping away, so I know it's morning! ;)

Worked hard in my basement yesterday, made some progress. Today my friends come to help carry some shelving and heavy stuff up for the garage sale next weekend. Funny, I bought some snacks for them that consisted of SunChips and Marzetti's low-fat dip, fruit, lemonade. Later I asked my friend what her husband would like, thinking he'd have his usual cup of good coffee, and she joked that a Guinness wouldn't go amiss. I didn't even think of that! I'm so out of touch with the real world of food. ;)

Have been so tired by evening that I can't keep up with all these posts, but I sure do wish you all well, welcome and good luck!

amyjo77
05-04-2012, 07:45 AM
Happy Friday everyone!! Since I started my weight loss journey in January, I have found myself in many challenging social 'eating' situations. This evening is no different. We have plans to go to a MLB game with box seats. Always a fun time. However, pizza, hot dogs, chips and peanuts may not be a great choice for dinner!!! So.... please will power stick with me throughout this evening!! I will have my chocolate soy puffs and MIO in hand to get me through!!! Hope everyone has a fantastic OP weekend!! :)

shathom
05-04-2012, 08:32 AM
Happy Friday everyone! Here's to everyone being OP today. For those that WI today, good luck. Without the support of this forum, I would feel kinda lost doing the protocol, thanks everyone!:carrot::carrot:

Samba
05-04-2012, 08:35 AM
Good morning everyone!! It's Friday!!:carrot:

I am off to the dog show. We are showing our young German Shepherd that my friend and I bred. Another friend is handling her for us. The handler is also my fellow IPer who got me started on this journey. We have trained a lot of dogs and now lost a lot of weight together!

It is so great to see the new people joining the board. This has been a great place for me.

My dog and IP friend just got back from our IP clinic. It was a 24 hour drive! Normally, I get my packets shipped. She brought me back some RTDs as there was no mailing to be done. Looking forward to trying them.

Now it is time to get the rest of the dogs situated and then off to the show!

0ojoyo0
05-04-2012, 08:44 AM
Good morning everyone! Day 4 and I woke up feeling a little run down. Just shaky and week feeling. Oh well, that's life I guess. I have my first WI tomorrow and I'm excited to see the results! I decided to start on May 1, but my WIs are on Saturdays, so this won't be a full week, but it'll be nice to see where I am this early in the game. I hope everyone has a great day!

Chikara
05-04-2012, 08:46 AM
Happy Friday everyone! Had WI #1 last night and am down 5.2 lbs! Woot woot!! DH was 11.8 lbs down so all in all it has been a fabulous week (minus the occasional desire to kill someone!).

Have a great weekend and remember...it's never worth it to cheat even a little bit on IP no matter what you have going on! If you can make it through a party or a big event then you will be that much closer to your goal - a NEW YOU!!

kmc1021
05-04-2012, 08:49 AM
Molly, where at in Michigan? I was born and raised in MI!! Lived all over the state!!

Can someone explain why I would be bloated? My clothes that fit normal before starting are tight around the waist and my stomach feels like a fully inflated balloon ready to pop. I had a BM this morning so don't think it is that and I don't get TOM.

I hope everyone has a great day. I have our school carnival today, JOY! BLAH!

shathom
05-04-2012, 08:50 AM
Happy Friday everyone! Had WI #1 last night and am down 5.2 lbs! Woot woot!! DH was 11.8 lbs down so all in all it has been a fabulous week (minus the occasional desire to kill someone!).

Have a great weekend and remember...it's never worth it to cheat even a little bit on IP no matter what you have going on! If you can make it through a party or a big event then you will be that much closer to your goal - a NEW YOU!!
Congrats Chikara, way to go!!!!!!

dizzyjean
05-04-2012, 08:53 AM
I've been on the diet 1 week today. I've been told that this is the hardest week. Haha, I sure hope so. I've been hungry, bu adjusting. First WI today...We'll see how its working. I do like the drinks, they are easy to drink, so I don't have to spend too much time thinking about food(though I do anyway).
Thanks to all who post on the forum. This is very encouraging, and will help me alot to be a part of the group. Thanks, all!

Meadow Wheeler
05-04-2012, 08:54 AM
Today is WI day! I am finding that I am really excited about WI day! :) I try to keep in mind that no matter what the scale says any loss is a great thing but of course I am also saying "Please, please, please let me be in the 180's."

Have a great day everyone!

usmcvet
05-04-2012, 09:04 AM
Good Morning. Just had my herb and cheese omelet with mushrooms, red pepper and a few banana peppers. Awesome and filling.

I hope everyone has a great day and stays OP! Keep up the hard work. Last. Right I resisted the urge to eat before bed. It was hard but I exercised my willpower it hasn't been used too much for years. So that's a NSV for me, resisting the desire to eat when I know I'm not hungry!

0ojoyo0
05-04-2012, 09:08 AM
Good for you! I also had a hard time staying away from the fridge last night, but I did it. Great NSV!

atho128
05-04-2012, 09:18 AM

Congratulations to both of you!! awesome WIs!!!:bravo:

audgirl78
05-04-2012, 09:21 AM
So it's Friday!! My family and I have been planning a big trip to the drive-in tonight. The Avengers and John carter await us at dusk...! This will throw me off the schedule I have been trying to keep in order to make sure I have not so many hours between meals or snacks. If I get bored, I want to cheat...

Thanks as many of us say, for this site and it does keep me more accountable and helps me get through those boredom times.

Had a zucchini pancake mixed with potato purée for breakfast. Quite tasty. Now lunch is not until noon so that's 5 hours away... We will see. I want to save my snack for the show tonight...

Have a great OP day everyone.

Teden
05-04-2012, 09:23 AM
Very disappointing WI #7- no loss and last week was only 1.6 :( I only have 1.5 weeks left to get down to 156 for my military weigh in. Making some big changes this week:

starting the cleanse
using EVOO as a dressing instead of cooking with it
measuring my salt
measuring my veggies (I have gotten bad about this...)
no more extracts (I was using alcohol free), very limited WF products, no more baking powder
decreasing cal mag to 2/day

I have been 100% OP this whole time! My coach is concerned that stress has something to do with it. I am supposed to go to Afghanistan in July (I have a 3 year old and an 18 months old...makes it very hard to leave!)- we were already trying to get pregnant before we found out using fertility meds, so we have continued with that in hopes that I get pregnant before July but we havent had any luck so far in the past 3 months, I have to be within military standards by next week or I will be ineligible to go and my career will be affected, our house is for sale so we can try to move closer to my parents before I have to leave, etc, etc. The good thing is, IP has given me something to focus on so I dont spend so much time worrying about things I have no control over!

My coach is going to an IP conference in Chicago this weekend, I hope she finds out some good info :) This is going to be a BIG week for me!!

Sammi67
05-04-2012, 09:29 AM
Happ Friday! Here is to a GREAT week OP everyone. I tried the new Chicken A LA KING this week and it was really good. It tastes like POT PIE filling to me. (My DH thinksmy taste buds are off) but I like it!!

mtnsun4
05-04-2012, 09:30 AM
Good morning all! How is everyone today? All I can say is that I am so happy it is Friday... need a break from work. Need to keep on track with my eating. Last night was tough but I pulled through. Have a great day all!

MustangMolly
05-04-2012, 09:33 AM
Well, here I go. A three day trip tp Space Camp in Alabama (yes, the one that was shot at yesterday) with 300 5th graders. The shakes and snacks are packed. We shall see if I can stay on program with the cafeteria food provided or if I have to sneak away to Walmart :D

OMG, 300 5th graders???? I wish you strength and patience! LOL

Very disappointing WI #7- no loss and last week was only 1.6 :( I only have 1.5 weeks left to get down to 156 for my military weigh in. Making some big changes this week:

starting the cleanse
measuring my salt
no more extracts (I was using alcohol free), very limited WF products, no more baking powder

I have been 100% OP this whole time! My coach is concerned that stress has something to do with it. I am supposed to go to Afghanistan in July (I have a 3 year old and an 18 months old...makes it very hard to leave!)- we were already trying to get pregnant before we found out using fertility meds, so we have continued with that in hopes that I get pregnant before July but we havent had any luck so far in the past 3 months, I have to be within military standards by next week or I will be ineligible to go and my career will be affected, our house is for sale so we can try to move closer to my parents before I have to leave, etc, etc. The good thing is, IP has given me something to focus on so I dont spend so much time worrying about things I have no control over!

My coach is going to an IP conference in Chicago this weekend, I hope she finds out some good info :) This is going to be a BIG week for me!!

First and most importantly : Thank you for your service to our country, Godspeed on your travels. I would think the stress you are under is causing some of your problem. Years ago when I was in the Air Force our weight standards also included a BMI measurement--there were some people over their max weight but their BMI was low enough that they were given a waiver for the actual pounds. Is that something that is available for you? Good luck to you.

prettyone
05-04-2012, 09:36 AM
Good morning All.

WI went well yesterday so far all together I have lost 13 lbs and 15.75 inches since I started on 4/20/12. Of course I was looking for a double digit lost but I will take a 3 lbs solid fat loss this time I gained 1 lean mass. Overall things are going well. Thanks again for the encouragement and keeping me on my toes. You guys rock!~

0ojoyo0
05-04-2012, 09:38 AM

starting the cleanse
measuring my salt

Sounds like you're going through a lot right now. About the military weigh-in. I used to be in the army, and as I remember, they taped people who went over weight, and as long as your measurements were okay, you weren't considered "overweight" by the military's standards. Hope this helps. Take a deep breath, because you can't do anything more than you're doing. :hug:

Sammi67
05-04-2012, 09:38 AM
Today is WI day! I am finding that I am really excited about WI day! :) I try to keep in mind that no matter what the scale says any loss is a great thing but of course I am also saying "Please, please, please let me be in the 180's."

I know that feeling! Im now saying please be in the 170's....So hard to believe. I will keep my fingers crossed for you.

WingnutandMe
05-04-2012, 09:44 AM
Molly, where at in Michigan? I was born and raised in MI!! Lived all over the state!!

Can someone explain why I would be bloated? My clothes that fit normal before starting are tight around the waist and my stomach feels like a fully inflated balloon ready to pop. I had a BM this morning so don't think it is that and I don't get TOM.

I hope everyone has a great day. I have our school carnival today, JOY! BLAH!

Hi KMC.

You sound just like me. born and raised in Michigan. Lived all over the state. Our cottage is south of Houghton Lake on a small private lake.

Getting ready to leave the motel now for the rest of our drive. Yuck. More Subway.

About your bloated question. Are you used to taking supplements? Just stating those can make a difference. Also, if you are using WF or some other things with sugar alcohols or some sweeteners. May also be left over body detoxing the carbs. Maybe some others will chime in with thoughts. That's the beauty of this forum, everyone is more than willing to help.

Have a grat OP day everyone. TGIF.
Molly

jdycty
05-04-2012, 10:00 AM
UGH I just realized that I forgot my IP drink for breakfast and lunch at home today.
Lunch is not really a big deal because I have my salad...but what do I do about breakfast????
HELP WHAT DO I DO????

mom3girls63
05-04-2012, 10:03 AM

ME TOO! I have my second weigh in tomorrow morning and I am excited, scared and apprehensive all at the same time!

Good Morning Everyone! It is Friday and how can anyone complain on a Friday? ha ha

Last night the DH and I went to dinner with my father-in-law and before I knew it I dumped blue cheese dressing on my salad and was halfway through it before I thumped myself in the head. The excitement of seeing the father-in-law and all the talking going on, I just reverted to old habits. So, today I am back on plan and being more conscious of what I am doing. I must always be alert!

I bought those ketosis strips last night so I can tell if I am in or out of it. Last night, even after the salad, I was in the pink.

DD is coming to visit this weekend and I cannot wait to see her! I have planned out meals for the family and know what I am going to be eating. Things should be good!

Everyone have a great Friday!

MaMaZu
05-04-2012, 10:05 AM
UGH I just realized that I forgot my IP drink for breakfast and lunch at home today.
Lunch is not really a big deal because I have my salad...but what do I do about breakfast????
HELP WHAT DO I DO????

Go buy an alternative, Target, Walmart, Trader Joes have them. You can get a RTD or a bar.

CkM
05-04-2012, 10:07 AM
Good Morning! I have my first weigh in today at lunch! SUPER excited! I have noticed my clothes are not so tight so hopefully that means a significant loss!! Good luck to everyone else today with weigh ins! I will share my results after I get back!

Have a great OP day everyone!

offkilter
05-04-2012, 10:10 AM
Last night I was so close to cheating. I was SO tired, craving bread, and just had had a really rough day. Then my baby walked for the first time! We'd all had a bad day (baby was fussy all day, hubby had new job plans fall through). But his walking just put us all in good spirits. He was laughing so hard as he toddled back and forth between DH and me he was falling down. So I can't say I enjoyed my dinner (I really actually kind of hated it), but with my better mood I didn't cheat.

jcjnjj
05-04-2012, 10:15 AM
Getting ready to go in for my 2nd weigh in this morning. Looking forward to it!

Thanks for all the encouraging posts. It's fun and motivating to sit and read others who are going through the same challenges.

CassiR
05-04-2012, 10:16 AM
Morning all!!
Sounds like a lot of us had trouble staying OP last night. I so wanted another restricted bar after having my one. I just went to bed to forget about it. A big NSV for all of us that overcame those temptations! One day at a time!

Chloe222
05-04-2012, 10:16 AM
Hello everyone,
Have a great day and stay OP!

CassiR
05-04-2012, 10:23 AM
I have WI 13 tomorrow morning and have been dealing with constipation issues all week. I take novilax everyday and still nothing. I think its from the extra meat added in phase 2 instead of the packet, which most packets have fiber. I started using Boca burgers for my lunch protein instead of regular meat for the added fiber.
Hopefully it does not affect my weigh in.
Anyways, I start phase 3 tomorrow as well and have been running to the store almost every night after work this week because I keep forgetting to get items for the menus I've created. I'm excited though :)

jdycty
05-04-2012, 10:24 AM
I am already at work, no leaving...

salmongirl
05-04-2012, 10:24 AM
Holy cow, you are brave. Staying 100% OP will be the easy part! Have fun!

Happy Friday everyone!! Since I started my weight loss journey in January, I have found myself in many challenging social 'eating' situations. This evening is no different. We have plans to go to a MLB game with box seats. Always a fun time. However, pizza, hot dogs, chips and peanuts may not be a great choice for dinner!!! So.... please will power stick with me throughout this evening!! I will have my chocolate soy puffs and MIO in hand to get me through!!! Hope everyone has a fantastic OP weekend!! :)
Have fun!

starting the cleanse
measuring my salt

You certainly have a lot on your plate. (no pun intended) Thank you for serving our country, that is a lot of sacrifice. I will be sending you lots of good energy as will most people on this site.

Morning all!!
Sounds like a lot of us had trouble staying OP last night. I so wanted another restricted bar after having my one. I just went to bed to forget about it. A big NSV for all of us that overcame those temptations! One day at a time!

Yeah, you didn't do it and today is a new day! Yeah!

rvingprincess
05-04-2012, 10:32 AM
I don't think my weight is moving downwards very much this week, so if anyone finds the woosh fairy please send her to my place as I would really like to get into the 180's next week. It is a gorgeous Friday morning here in Brampton, Ont. Canada, the sun is shining and it is already 16 degress Celsius. I would like to wish everyone a great OP weekend.

rvingprincess
05-04-2012, 10:34 AM
I have WI 13 tomorrow morning and have been dealing with constipation issues all week. I take novilax everyday and still nothing. I think its from the extra meat added in phase 2 instead of the packet, which most packets have fiber. I started using Boca burgers for my lunch protein instead of regular meat for the added fiber.
Hopefully it does not affect my weigh in.
Anyways, I start phase 3 tomorrow as well and have been running to the store almost every night after work this week because I keep forgetting to get items for the menus I've created. I'm excited though :)

Have you tried the diet teas, a lot of people on this forum swear by them (I have been lucky so far and haven't needed them), just a thought.

Ducksmy
05-04-2012, 10:36 AM
Good morning All.

WI went well yesterday so far all together I have lost 13 lbs and 15.75 inches since I started on 4/20/12. Of course I was looking for a double digit lost but I will take a 3 lbs solid fat loss this time I gained 1 lean mass. Overall things are going well. Thanks again for the encouragement and keeping me on my toes. You guys rock!~

So happy for you! Congrats!:D

prettyone
05-04-2012, 10:43 AM
So happy for you! Congrats!:D

Thanks Ducksmy even after beating myself up all week. When I went to WI she was like just think this is all fat. Its going to start rolling. I guess looking at the overall pic I felt better:dizzy:

kellycg102
05-04-2012, 10:59 AM

Welcome to this site. It is fabulous, and the diet is fantastic!! I have never stuck it anything for 8 weeks ever....still going strong, even while traveling to Baltimore for the weekend....my NSV!!
I agree on the coaches, soooo many different opinions for sure, mine so far are so good!
Good luck in the cooking department, I used to hate cooking, now I don't mind it at all, but yes a lot of work! My favorites the IP pancakes made with wild berry drink mix....fab!

Good luck on your journey!

Welcome and good luck on your weigh, great loss on your first, way to go!

Good luck with the caf. food! Those temptations can be tough, but u can do it!

Good morning everyone!! It's Friday!!:carrot:

I am off to the dog show. We are showing our young German Shepherd that my friend and I bred. Another friend is handling her for us. The handler is also my fellow IPer who got me started on this journey. We have trained a lot of dogs and now lost a lot of weight together!

It is so great to see the new people joining the board. This has been a great place for me.

My dog and IP friend just got back from our IP clinic. It was a 24 hour drive! Normally, I get my packets shipped. She brought me back some RTDs as there was no mailing to be done. Looking forward to trying them.

Now it is time to get the rest of the dogs situated and then off to the show!

Good luck at the dog show, hope she does well!

Great loss for both of you, and thanks for the reminder of the importance of staying OP!!

IPdivajen
05-04-2012, 11:05 AM
Good morning everyone! Day 4 and I woke up feeling a little run down. Just shaky and week feeling. Oh well, that's life I guess. I have my first WI tomorrow and I'm excited to see the results! I decided to start on May 1, but my WIs are on Saturdays, so this won't be a full week, but it'll be nice to see where I am this early in the game. I hope everyone has a great day!

I found day 4 to be the hardest of them all so I totally sympathize! Feels like you have the flu, almost? Yup, I feel (felt) your pain!

All I can say is that I PROMISE YOU it gets better. Short term pain for long term loss!! :) Hang in there.

usmcvet
05-04-2012, 11:07 AM
HELP WHAT DO I DO????

Can you order anything for delivery? Or ask to take lunch early and go pick something up? I keep lots of IP and Proto Thin (alternatives) in a desk drawer at work along with a second shaker and some stuff in my truck.

Hard boiled eggs work well for me in a pinch some convenience store have them. I'm sure a restaurant could make them. Good luck and don't beat yourself up. This is how we all learn.
:hug:

kellycg102
05-04-2012, 11:15 AM
I've been on the diet 1 week today. I've been told that this is the hardest week. Haha, I sure hope so. I've been hungry, bu adjusting. First WI today...We'll see how its working. I do like the drinks, they are easy to drink, so I don't have to spend too much time thinking about food(though I do anyway).
Thanks to all who post on the forum. This is very encouraging, and will help me alot to be a part of the group. Thanks, all!

It was the hardest for me, it gets to be second nature for most! Good uck on your second week!

Good luck any loss is a good loss!

Good Morning. Just had my herb and cheese omelet with mushrooms, red pepper and a few banana peppers. Awesome and filling.

I hope everyone has a great day and stays OP! Keep up the hard work. Last. Right I resisted the urge to eat before bed. It was hard but I exercised my willpower it hasn't been used too much for years. So that's a NSV for me, resisting the desire to eat when I know I'm not hungry!

Good for you! I also had a hard time staying away from the fridge last night, but I did it. Great NSV!

Great job to both both of you for not snacking!!!:carrot:

starting the cleanse
measuring my salt

Sounds like you have a lot of stress! Makes it harder trying to meet a weight with a dead line. Hope your changes are a success!! Good luck to you!

Good morning All.

Great weight loss......keep going your doing great!

evepet
05-04-2012, 11:20 AM
Congrats to all the great WIs I've noticed above. Everyone is doing so well. I just love it! And hugs to all the newbies out there who are 'suffering' through their first week - that is definitely the hardest part. Have faith - keep strongly 100% on program - keep your eye on the long-term prize - and keep on truckin'. :)

There must have been something in the air last night... I've been generally quite satisfied with my meals, etc., but for some reason I also experienced a moment of temptation last night and really wanted a second protein bar. The nutritional values of the alternate bars I was contemplating wouldn't have done too much harm to me carb/sugar/fat/cals wise, but I knew I didn't *need* it - and I did talk myself out of it. I had a cup of decaf tea instead and soon forgot about it. But the temptation flared it's ugly little head.

I had a great NSV moment this morning as I got dressed. I pulled on the bottoms of a lounger-type outfit I haven't worn for about 3 weeks. They have a draw-string waist and there hadn't been a lot of extra 'wiggle-room' around the waist. Ditto the top, which is tunic style and buttons up the front. It was definitely snug over belly.
This morning... I had to draw that drawstring in a whole bunch of inches! I was amazed! I knew I've been 'feeling' slimmer, but I haven't been measuring my inches - only the lbs on the scale. I put on the tunic top and buttoned it up, and was thrilled to be able to collect up several loose inches of fabric around my middle! 3 weeks ago there was no way for that - it went around me and buttoned, but definitely without those inches of fabric to spare. Whoohoo! Feels good! :carrot:

I also was looking at my coffee mug this morning, and reminding myself that while I've 'only' lost just shy of 15 lbs total to date, that means that I've 'released' the equivalent of probably about 10 coffee-mug-sized bunches of fat from my body! (I'm allowing close to 5 lbs for water loss in week 1). When I look at things that way... well - I feel darned proud of myself and definitely motiviated and positive about shedding that next 15 lbs... and more until I hit my goal. :D

I'm still experimenting with my waffle iron today (yesterday's experiment was a bit of a disaster - I won't go there - LOL). Hopefully today's turns out better!

Wishing everyone a great 100% IP Day. You can do it!! WE can do it!! :cheer3::cheer3::cheer3:

KBig
05-04-2012, 11:23 AM
TGIF ... IPeeps! well my friend is giving her Cinco De' Drinko annual bash. I dont think Imma go .. I dont think Im strong enuf to be around 100 drinking celebratory folks and not have ANY ALCOHOL.

going to dinner and not ordering wine is easy. going to a drinking party and not drinking.... I know my limitations... its more important for me to stay OP than to drink right now.

Oh well I will drink again .... I will be a size 8 drinking tho!

TGIF!!!

ProteinGal
05-04-2012, 11:24 AM

I totally agree, we should all be on the same page.

Darralyn
05-04-2012, 11:29 AM
Orignally posted by evepet
I also was looking at my coffee mug this morning, and reminding myself that while I've 'only' lost just shy of 15 lbs total to date, that means that I've 'released' the equivalent of probably about 10 coffee-mug-sized bunches of fat from my body! (I'm allowing close to 5 lbs for water loss in week 1). When I look at things that way... well - I feel darned proud of myself and definitely motiviated and positive about shedding that next 15 lbs... and more until I hit my goal.

You have done great!! I look at your stats we are close; but I have been a slow loser. Only lost 5 lbs combined in first two weeks but now last WI was down 5.5...So I am thinking maybe I really was (as my ex used to say) full of s**t. lol

Ng951
05-04-2012, 11:32 AM
I am already at work, no leaving...

Hard boiled eggs ? Omelet with veggies if possible.

kellycg102
05-04-2012, 11:37 AM
Good Morning! I have my first weigh in today at lunch! SUPER excited! I have noticed my clothes are not so tight so hopefully that means a significant loss!! Good luck to everyone else today with weigh ins! I will share my results after I get back!

Good luck on the weigh in....the first is usually always a goody!

Last night I was so close to cheating. I was SO tired, craving bread, and just had had a really rough day. Then my baby walked for the first time! We'd all had a bad day (baby was fussy all day, hubby had new job plans fall through). But his walking just put us all in good spirits. He was laughing so hard as he toddled back and forth between DH and me he was falling down. So I can't say I enjoyed my dinner (I really actually kind of hated it), but with my better mood I didn't cheat.

Good for you for not cheating. Little ones first steps are so special. Get ready to start running;)

Getting ready to go in for my 2nd weigh in this morning. Looking forward to it!

Thanks for all the encouraging posts. It's fun and motivating to sit and read others who are going through the same challenges.

Good luck!

Morning all!!

Agree....great job

I don't think my weight is moving downwards very much this week, so if anyone finds the woosh fairy please send her to my place as I would really like to get into the 180's next week. It is a gorgeous Friday morning here in Brampton, Ont. Canada, the sun is shining and it is already 16 degress Celsius. I would like to wish everyone a great OP weekend.

Good luck, it will likely move but if not that is ok.....inches are waiting away I am sure! I hear it is nice back home, I am in Baltimore visiting my brother this weekend. So far a little cool and foggy, but when I checked the weather on Wednesday it was suppose to be 31.......waiting patiently for that;)

Jag23
05-04-2012, 11:39 AM
Good Friday morning. I am feeling so excited today. Starting at a new clinic and have spoken to the coach twice all ready on the phone. I'm sorry to be leaving the centre I started at but the coach there just wasn't doing it for me. She ran a spa plus the IP and didn't seem to have time for me,even when I had a booked appointment. I have 5 lbs left to goal and want to loose about 10 beyond that while on the other phases.
Last night I had a NSV I saw my upper arms in the mirror and realized they were so much smaller. I've been running my hand down them since. Now if only that rool around my tummy wile disappear!
Have a great day everyone,and yes you are all wonderful

IPdivajen
05-04-2012, 11:43 AM
Have you tried the diet teas, a lot of people on this forum swear by them (I have been lucky so far and haven't needed them), just a thought.

My SIL, who's also on IP, is having terrible problems with constipation and our coach gave her a product called Florilax? Something that's IP approved and is supposed to help. Maybe check with your coach to see if they have something similar to offer you?

kellycg102
05-04-2012, 11:45 AM
Well traveling to Baltimore went well. OP all the way. Got here last night ordered pizza for supper for the kids and my sister and brother, and I had fish and veggies that I brought with me. Yay me. I was sooooo worried about traveling and dieting....so far so good.

I seem to be super moody tho....hard to deal with especially with 4 young kids and finding patients. I swear my husband needs a reward for the swings he is subjected to:(. I feel fantastic other than that tho.....8 weeks and no cheats......crazy....unheard of for me!!

Good luck to the weighers today....and staying 100% op

IPdivajen
05-04-2012, 11:45 AM
Oh yeah, forgot! DH went for his weigh in yesterday (first in two weeks - our coach was away) and he's down over 50lbs as well.

So the two of us together have lost 100lbs in two months. Insanity. Love it!

I keep thinking about how much more longevity we're getting out of everything - better gas mileage because there's 100lbs less being driven around in the car. Less stress on our mattress now that there's 100lbs less sleeping on it.

Makes me feel even better!

Darralyn
05-04-2012, 11:46 AM
Congratulations to everyone resisting the urge to eat last night!!

Congratulations on all the great weight loss this week!!

I so appreciate this forum THANK YOU ALL for being here for each other!!!

CassiR
05-04-2012, 11:50 AM
My SIL, who's also on IP, is having terrible problems with constipation and our coach gave her a product called Florilax? Something that's IP approved and is supposed to help. Maybe check with your coach to see if they have something similar to offer you?

Thank you. My clinic gave me Novi-Lax a while ago and it was helping most of the time until I started p2. I may look into the tea if things dont get "moving" this next week with phase 3. Most of my breakfast meals I have planned out have around 15-24g of fiber JUST in the breakfast.. on top of the rest of the day I should be getting a LOT of fiber. :)

0ojoyo0
05-04-2012, 11:52 AM
Had to share. So my boss just asked me, "Did you know today was National Star Wars Day?" We had a good laugh over it.

May the fourth be with you all! :D

LSJ100
05-04-2012, 11:55 AM
And for the food blog, I have started to adapt my recipes to be IP proofed.

Can you share with us your food blog so we can see your IP adaptations?? :)

Hello Everyone! I am excited for another new day! Once again I am new to this and I am looking forward to all the great support and advice!

Good Day all. Thrilled with my first WI and looking forward to the next week. Loving all the tips, advice and recipes on the site here.

Good morning everyone. As a newbie I appreciate all of the information and support. I am so glad that I found this site

Welcome to you! This is a great site!!

starting the cleanse
measuring my salt

Thanks for your service to our country, Teden...good luck this week! Just a question...why go down to only 2 cal mag? Just curious!

As for me, looking forward to WI #5 tomorrow on my 30th birthday! I'm asking for the whoosh fairy!

rvingprincess
05-04-2012, 11:58 AM
Oh yeah, forgot! DH went for his weigh in yesterday (first in two weeks - our coach was away) and he's down over 50lbs as well.

I keep thinking about how much more longevity we're getting out of everything - better gas mileage because there's 100lbs less being driven around in the car. Less stress on our mattress now that there's 100lbs less sleeping on it.

You are so funny, I never thought about losing weight and saving gas. Have a great weekend everyone.

Thurge
05-04-2012, 11:58 AM
Has anybody come up with clever uses for the Soy Patty? I had tried to make breakfast sausage patties out of it but that didn't go so well. I have a box and I don't dislike it but I'd like some ideas on other things to do with it besides making a soy patty.

murleya1
05-04-2012, 12:00 PM
Down 2.4 this week. I was hoping to get to 3 pounds but did not. The funny thing is today I weighed myself at home and I was down 1 pound from yesterday morning. So here's to a good week. Only 2 pounds to go to get to my 3 pound weekly loss goal!

heycarrieann8
05-04-2012, 12:03 PM
Good Morning, everyone!!! I just got back from my WI, and even though I felt like I hadn't lost anything (and may have cheated with a beer on a date earlier this week), I am down 4 more lbs!!! Finally down into the 140's, which I haven't seen in 8 years! I had a really difficult week trying to stay OP, and I definitely couldn't have done it without reading through everyone else's trials and successes every day. You all are the best, and now I have a renewed energy to see this through until the end! Thank you, all of you!

wuv2bloved
05-04-2012, 12:17 PM
Down 2.4 this week. I was hoping to get to 3 pounds but did not. The funny thing is today I weighed myself at home and I was down 1 pound from yesterday morning. So here's to a good week. Only 2 pounds to go to get to my 3 pound weekly loss goal!
this happened to me I weighed in on Wednesday dropping one pound then got on my Wii yesterday and dropped 4 from Wednesday...CRAZINESS I tell ya....lol

Looks like we have a lot of WI's today so make sure you log them into the challenge and GOOD LUCK to everyone. Seems like everyone is staying OP with little to no issues. I am going to my mom's until Monday, family reunion on Sunday so that should be interesting....lol....Have a great weekend everyone :)

WingnutandMe
05-04-2012, 12:22 PM

Thanks, gave us a good laugh as DH and I are in the car now on the way to our Michigan cottage. I've lost 45 lbs and DH 10. His was not intended as he needs to gain at least 10 and then some. Hmm. With gas prices, better gass mileage would be great.

As for the mattress, we have a waterbed. Before I started, I could not get out of it over the frame without DH getting on and displacing enough water to raise me high enough. Now, 45 lbs less,it's not a problem. NSV.

Almost time for the Subway stop. Sure would be lost on the road without their salad. Makes it soooooo easy.

Check in later. Really cool being able to check on the road with our new netbook.

Molly

qsuzi1
05-04-2012, 12:33 PM
What are the maximum daily carbs that we are not to exceed? I quickly Scanned Dr. Tran's book and also searched for specific carb posts but was unsuccessful finding the information. I also analyzed a recent week of daily carbs and was surprised that I was above 40 carbs for 5 of those days. I now know that 1 cup of cauliflower has 5 carbs and 1 cup of broccoli has 11 carbs. Many days I was eating 2 cups of both or a total of 32 carbs for just the veggies.

wuv2bloved
05-04-2012, 12:34 PM
What are the maximum daily carbs that we are not to exceed? I quickly Scanned Dr. Tran's book and also searched for specific carb posts but was unsuccessful finding the information. I also analyzed a recent week of daily carbs and was surprised that I was above 40 carbs for 5 of those days. I now know that 1 cup of cauliflower has 5 carbs and 1 cup of broccoli has 11 carbs. Many days I was eating 2 cups of both or a total of 32 carbs for just the veggies.

40 is the max you should be getting in

0ojoyo0
05-04-2012, 12:37 PM

I just had this freak out last night. You need to also take a look at your fiber, because that cancels out the carbs. Like I had 51g of carbs yesterday, but I also had 15g of fiber, so I had 36 net carbs. This website will explain things better than I can. http://www.livestrong.com/article/530259-do-carbs-minus-fiber-equal-net-carbs/

qsuzi1
05-04-2012, 12:40 PM
Thanks Wuv and Joy - just when I thought I knew many things I found there is still some learning I need to do. I am more confident now that I can get into, and stay in, ketosis.

ProteinGal
05-04-2012, 12:41 PM
Congrats to all the losers! WTG! :cheer:

May the 4th be with you! hehe ;)

murleya1
05-04-2012, 12:42 PM
this happened to me I weighed in on Wednesday dropping one pound then got on my Wii yesterday and dropped 4 from Wednesday...CRAZINESS I tell ya....lol

Looks like we have a lot of WI's today so make sure you log them into the challenge and GOOD LUCK to everyone. Seems like everyone is staying OP with little to no issues. I am going to my mom's until Monday, family reunion on Sunday so that should be interesting....lol....Have a great weekend everyone :)

I am looking at it as a head start for next week. Who knows, maybe next week I can be at 4 pounds... Ohh I love the dream.

Teden
05-04-2012, 12:42 PM
Thanks for your service to our country, Teden...good luck this week! Just a question...why go down to only 2 cal mag? Just curious

my coach told me this could help with constipation....and at this point I'll try anything!

usmcvet
05-04-2012, 12:44 PM
I saw this today. on Face Book. Looks good. I like the idea of lettuce wraps for a lunch box.
http://www.facebook.com/photo.php?fbid=324219394314777&set=a.181182538618464.45488.181118358624882&type=1&theater

http://i859.photobucket.com/albums/ab160/usmcvet0331/ip.jpg
Has anybody come up with clever uses for the Soy Patty? I had tried to make breakfast sausage patties out of it but that didn't go so well. I have a box and I don't dislike it but I'd like some ideas on other things to do with it besides making a soy patty.

INDIAN SPICED SOY PATTIES (IP SOY PATTY): Have you tried these yet? Really good wrapped in lettuce leaves like a falafel. Here is a recipe which stretches the soy to make more portions for a bigger meal without cheating. This is also a nice way to hide the veggies.

INGREDIENTS
1 package IP Soy Patty
3 egg whites, beaten
Various chopped veggies (I use 1/4 cup cauliflower, 1/4 cup broccolli, and 1/8 cup onions plus about 1/2 stalk celery chopped)
1-3 tsp Indian spice powder. I use Garahm Masala or Chole Masala, but you can use just about any curry spice.
1 tsp olive oil

DIRECTIONS
1. Beat egg whites (not stiff)
2. Add IP Soy Patty package and mix
3. Add in spices. I use a heavy hand with the spice because I like the taste strong.
4. Add in vegetables. They should be cut fairly small so that you have little chunks, but not so big that the patty would not be able to cook evenly. Stir.
5. Add olive oil to heated pan. Spoon mixture onto pan. Should make 3-4 good sized patties.
6. You can either serve as patties or cut into pieces to make a lettuce wrap. (If you slice into longer thick strips, these are great to just wrap the lettuce around and pack into lunch boxes without any mess.)

qsuzi1
05-04-2012, 12:47 PM
Joy--Your link includes "On a low-carb diet you may consume anywhere from 20 g to 150 g net carbs daily. University of Maryland Medical Center experts say you need at least 100 to 150 g of carbs to ensure adequate nutrition. No matter how many carbohydrates you include in your diet, try to limit carbs from sugary snack foods full of empty calories and choose nutrient-dense complex carbohydrates instead." My doctor was also concerned and advised against not being on a diet of less than 1200 calories daily. I felt my doctor was not up on the latest research and didn't know the relevant information on the IP diet, so I decided to go on IP.

Read more: http://www.livestrong.com/article/530259-do-carbs-minus-fiber-equal-net-carbs/#ixzz1turrIHs3

usmcvet
05-04-2012, 12:49 PM

I bet some people will not recognize you right away. Have fun.

Kaypix
05-04-2012, 12:53 PM
Morning everyone! Today's "daily" was slightly up, thinkin' it's cuz I ate my epic Turnip chips last night and they were super high salt, so I probably retained some water. I feel skinny today though, so woot!

I can officially say that I now can make chips out of turnips, bake them for forever, and then they turn out tasting like gourmet chips, and no sugar extra stuff, just sea salt and some chili powder, le' yum!!! I changed the recipe from the one I had and slimmed down the amount of oil used (used cooking spray w/ olive oil instead of "tossing" them in oil". My next adventure, to commence the next payday in May will be "Kale Chips"...gonna see which I like more. Now I can munch on something while watching TV without feeling guilty, woohoo! Again!

WI#2 will be in 3 days (Monday) So I'll be keeping an eye out for the Whoosh Fairy this weekend. Brought my walking shoes to work today instead of my normal sneakers, felt a little blister-ish after yesterday's walk, but I'm gonna be serious about this action, so that means I'll need my walkin' shoes every day for at least 20 minutes. I hope to get up to 45 min a day and use my full lunch break, but that won't be for a while...probably a few more weeks yet...and then, time to tone my inner thighs (yikes) and abs (double yikes!) one day at a time...

Sorry this is so long, but my day is just going so great that I want to get this all out before I forget...I realized that I couldn't be doing this diet with the walking at my former job. The hours were crazy, all my coworkers had food delivered every day (we were 911 dispatchers/call takers for the largest city in South Dakota, no lunch break, only 2 15min breaks that we had to stay on campus for), I worked 2PM-10PM Wednesday thru Sunday, never saw friends or family except DH and was VERY depressed. This new job, I get a solid hour for lunch, they never order in and only go out to eat usually, which is more of a pain than bringing my own lunches, are super supportive of what I'm doing, and there's a beautiful business-park area right by work so I can easily walk a mile circuit. I feel between all you amazing people and your ideas and this new job, I actually have a chance at succeeding with this diet.

Hearts to all of you!
~Kara

usmcvet
05-04-2012, 12:54 PM

That is wonderful. I made my avatar a dumbbell because my son who is 9 asked how much 35#'s was when he heard I'd lost that much weight. I showed him a 35# dumbbell and he picked it up. He was Super Impressed and told me how proud he was, huge NSV for me. So that kinda stuck with me. I can't find a photo of a 57 pound dumbbell and my editing skill are not that strong. Hope to move it to a 60# one soon!

http://i859.photobucket.com/albums/ab160/usmcvet0331/60.jpg

Minnie5
05-04-2012, 12:59 PM
OK what is the deal?! I have been looking after my mom since she had knee replacement surgery almost 2 weeks ago, as well as my own family, hubby and 3 boys as well as running my daycare, well, exhausted is not the word for it!
Last night I was absolutely beat by 7pm, my DH suggested I go to bed I would have but I like to stay up till I tuck my mom in for the night. So she doesn't fall and has everything she needs etc. etc. This usually happens around 10:30-11:00. So I ended up baking a pie for the family, for some reason I bake more when I'm dieting. Weird or what?
Anyway went to bed at 11:00 wiped out! I woke up WIDE AWAKE at 3 am WTH is with that! I'm on my 5th week, down 11 plus pounds and 11.5".
Anyone know what this is about? I love my sleep! Ideas? :?:
P.S. still wide awake! LOL!

Tripmama
05-04-2012, 01:01 PM
Back from WI#15 Down another 3 pounds and 11/2 inches. WHoot WHoot!
Gotta love IP.

SaraBean
05-04-2012, 01:04 PM
That is wonderful. I made my avatar a dumbbell because my son who is 9 asked how much 35#'s was when he heard I'd lost that much weight. I showed him a 35# dumbbell and he picked it up. He was Super Impressed and told me how proud he was, huge NSV for me. So that kinda stuck with me. I can't find a photo of a 57 pound dumbbell and my editing skill are not that strong. Hope to move it to a 60# one soon!

http://i859.photobucket.com/albums/ab160/usmcvet0331/60.jpg

HAHA! When I told my kickboxing instructor that I had lost 30 lbs she told me to imagine doing her class with 6 bags of potatoes attached to my body. OR 6 bags of flour!!!

It's crazy when you think about how much extra weight we once were carrying around :)

Dakin
05-04-2012, 01:11 PM
Hola my IP family!
Welcome to all the newbs Med22, Longhorn, Aud007 (I love to bake too, and am so missing it), Oojoy, Chikara and anyone I missed. You will love it here!

Carol - I meant to tell you the other day, you do not look old enough to have a son that old! How's he doing on the new program?

Sewmam - your energy is truly admirable! I can't believe how much you've accomplished over the last few weeks! Whew - you're making ME tired!

Tedon - You have my great admiration and thanks, and I am praying for you.

KBig - Your post gave me the biggest smile! I'm sooooooo missing my wine, but I'm with you - I will drink again! I will just look hot doing it!

Ya know, I never really thought about the wear and tear on my furniture or increased gas mileage.... hmmm.

NSV's to report: Two co-workers noticed my weight loss yesterday and said I was looking good (One even called me skinny, although I'm far from skinny)
and... I went through my old jean pile - you know the one's you used to love but can't fit into anymore? Well, they all fit! Two pairs are still a little snug, but I gained at least 4 pairs that I can start wearing now. Which is good, bc all of my "current" jeans are looking really baggy and saggy.

Fabulous Friday to all!!:)

0ojoyo0
05-04-2012, 01:11 PM
Joy--Your link includes "On a low-carb diet you may consume anywhere from 20 g to 150 g net carbs daily. University of Maryland Medical Center experts say you need at least 100 to 150 g of carbs to ensure adequate nutrition. No matter how many carbohydrates you include in your diet, try to limit carbs from sugary snack foods full of empty calories and choose nutrient-dense complex carbohydrates instead." My doctor was also concerned and advised against not being on a diet of less than 1200 calories daily. I felt my doctor was not up on the latest research and didn't know the relevant information on the IP diet, so I decided to go on IP.

Read more: http://www.livestrong.com/article/530259-do-carbs-minus-fiber-equal-net-carbs/#ixzz1turrIHs3

Yep, I agree that not all doctors are up on latest research. Just wanted to give the link so you could see how fiber impacts your carb intake. Since IP makes no secret of being "unbalanced" I don't really pay attention to what studies say we should be getting, as the diet is not intended to be permanent.

Cole3
05-04-2012, 01:16 PM
Doing a little ... no make that a HUGE happy dance over here :) For the first time I had someone who doesn't know that I am dieting or anything about IP ask if I have lost weight !!!! So excited ! I know I can feel my clothes fitting differently and I know the scale is going down but I am beyond excited that it REALLY is showing !!!!

usmcvet
05-04-2012, 01:17 PM
HAHA! When I told my kickboxing instructor that I had lost 30 lbs she told me to imagine doing her class with 6 bags of potatoes attached to my body. OR 6 bags of flour!!!

It's crazy when you think about how much extra weight we once were carrying around :)

I like that I just pictured myself with bags of potatoes and flour. Obviously much easier to move around and to just breath with out the extra potatoes and flour. :)

jcjnjj
05-04-2012, 01:21 PM
2nd weigh in this morning and I'm down another 4.6 pounds!
I can just feel Onederland in my future.

WingnutandMe
05-04-2012, 01:22 PM
I can officially say that I now can make chips out of turnips, bake them for forever, and then they turn out tasting like gourmet chips, and no sugar extra stuff, just sea salt and some chili powder, le' yum!!! I changed the recipe from the one I had and slimmed down the amount of oil used (used cooking spray w/ olive oil instead of "tossing" them in oil". My next adventure, to commence the next payday in May will be "Kale Chips"...gonna see which I like more. Now I can munch on something while watching TV without feeling guilty, woohoo! Again!

Hi Kara,
Can you post you turnip chip recipe incorporating the new modifications that make them like you stated? Also, it would be good if you can post it on the recipe thread. Then everyone in the future will easily be able to find it.

My DH and I love turnip fries and he really perked up when he hard turnip chips.

Thanks, Molly

DanafromAustin
05-04-2012, 01:23 PM
I know that feeling! Im now saying please be in the 170's....So hard to believe. I will keep my fingers crossed for you.
I'm right there with you. I finally got the scale moving with the boot camp menu, so I'm hoping to hit the 170's tomorrow.

Morning all!!
If it's any comfort I have found the longer you are on IP the easier it is to not want to snack. I also always save my IP snack at about 9pm, which helps a lot too.

TGIF ... IPeeps! well my friend is giving her Cinco De' Drinko annual bash. I dont think Imma go .. I dont think Im strong enuf to be around 100 drinking celebratory folks and not have ANY ALCOHOL.

going to dinner and not ordering wine is easy. going to a drinking party and not drinking.... I know my limitations... its more important for me to stay OP than to drink right now.

Oh well I will drink again .... I will be a size 8 drinking tho!

TGIF!!!
You know yourself better than anyone, so I'm sure you have made the right decision for yourself.

Awesome!!

As for me, looking forward to WI #5 tomorrow on my 30th birthday! I'm asking for the whoosh fairy!
:bday2you:

Hope everyone has a great OP day...:)

Momto2cs
05-04-2012, 01:28 PM
my coach told me this could help with constipation....and at this point I'll try anything!

It might hinder. The cal mg helps people go. I take 3 every night and am perfectly regular. 4 and I am in the bathroom all day...

When I forget I know.

Make sure you are using enough salt. Constipation is caused by too little salt and too much water!

DanafromAustin
05-04-2012, 01:33 PM
The average IP dieter eats between 25 to 40 carbs, although some have a harder time loosing at 40 carbs.

Morning everyone! Today's "daily" was slightly up, thinkin' it's cuz I ate my epic Turnip chips last night and they were super high salt, so I probably retained some water. I feel skinny today though, so woot!

I LOVE turnip fries, but never the night before my WI as I always gain water weight from them.

Yep, I agree that not all doctors are up on latest research. Just wanted to give the link so you could see how fiber impacts your carb intake. Since IP makes no secret of being "unbalanced" I don't really pay attention to what studies say we should be getting, as the diet is not intended to be permanent.
It was my doctor who first told me about IP, gotta love that!

IPdivajen
05-04-2012, 01:38 PM
I like that I just pictured myself with bags of potatoes and flour. Obviously much easier to move around and to just breath with out the extra potatoes and flour. :)

I really really really really want to go to a grocery store and stack up 52 individual pounds of butter, then stand beside it and take a picture to represent what I've lost.

Think they'd look at me funny? :dizzy:

But I really want to do it.

IPdivajen
05-04-2012, 01:45 PM
Oh yeah - beware the turnip. It is allowed but is much higher carbs than other veggies. So do have them, but preferably not on a day when you have, say, two chocolate drinks (9carbs each) and a cookie as your restricted (23 carbs) 'cause the combination could be just enough to push you out of ketosis.

Not trying to be Debbie Downer, but my friend who's also doing IP swears up and down that it would push her out every time she ate them.

mylastdiet
05-04-2012, 01:59 PM
I just bought a bag of broccoli-slaw at Whole Foods to make stir fry (yum!)
I have to painstakenly pick out the carrots before using it. Has anyone been able to buy it without the carrots? If not, I have a plan to buy a lot of packs, then spend an afternoon picking out all the carrots and then freezing the broccoli. It will be a chore, but definitely worth it.

Shortcake224
05-04-2012, 02:01 PM
Hi All,

Doing better today with the "Big C" issues, went to the clinic yesterday and traded the "Lower Bowel Cleanse" for Colosan. It's some kind of gentle oxygen and magnesium colon cleaner. Works a little bit too much, but I've read it gets better after 2 weeks.

Had a weigh in on yesterday, I am down anothr 1.5 lbs. all fat. Hopefully the "WOOSH Fairy" will visit me this week. Going to Jazz Fest, praying I stay OP.

Enough of my rambling. Have a great weekend. I should be back come Monday.

qsuzi1
05-04-2012, 02:02 PM
It might hinder. The cal mg helps people go. I take 3 every night and am perfectly regular. 4 and I am in the bathroom all day...

When I forget I know.

Make sure you are using enough salt. Constipation is caused by too little salt and too much water!

FYI, My coach gave me an IP document page about constipation. It instructs the client to stop the calcium/magnesium m supplement; she said because it is a part of what can/does cause constipation. They have you substitute a 500mg magnesium supplement and also add stool softener.

kellycg102
05-04-2012, 02:05 PM

That is AMAZING!!!!!!!!!! Way to go both of you!

LizRR
05-04-2012, 02:07 PM
Ugh...I have been feeling worse and worse each day. Allergies are the pits! WI#9 in about an hour, I will post soon after. Taking the day off today, I have been leaving early all week and today is THE WORST!

GemIAm
05-04-2012, 02:11 PM
Happy Friday! Congrats on all the SVs & NSVs...and hooray to everyone staying OP no matter how challenging!

Okay...in honor of Star Wars Day (May the 4th be with you)...I will unleash my inner geek...
a perfect quote from Yoda:
“Do or do not... there is no try.”

SaraBean
05-04-2012, 02:15 PM
I really really really really want to go to a grocery store and stack up 52 individual pounds of butter, then stand beside it and take a picture to represent what I've lost.

Think they'd look at me funny? :dizzy:

But I really want to do it.

THAT WOULD BE AWESOME!!!! You should do it!!! And be sure to post the pic here

:flow2:

SaraBean
05-04-2012, 02:18 PM
FYI, My coach gave me an IP document page about constipation. It instructs the client to stop the calcium/magnesium m supplement; she said because it is a part of what can/does cause constipation. They have you substitute a 500mg magnesium supplement and also add stool softener.

My coach told me to be weary of stool softeners and suggested "Smooth Move" tea instead. It worked pretty well. The taste is a little hard to get used to, but after a few sips its not too bad.

You drink a cup before going to bed (btw the longer you steep it the more dramatic the results... i usually steeped for ~5 minutes) and in the morning you should feel some relief.

Kaypix
05-04-2012, 02:28 PM
Hi Kara,
Can you post you turnip chip recipe incorporating the new modifications that make them like you stated? Also, it would be good if you can post it on the recipe thread. Then everyone in the future will easily be able to find it.

My DH and I love turnip fries and he really perked up when he hard turnip chips.

Thanks, Molly

Molly, Here we go, this is just 1 turnip that I used since I was experimenting, 1 turnip made me about a dozen chips that were about 1/8" thick, since my slicer can't do "paper" thin :(

1 medium turnip
1 can Pam (Olive Oil Cooking Spray)
1 Sea Salt Grinder (thingy?)
~1/2 TBSP chili powder

Slice the turnip with a Mandalin (?) or veggie slicer so your slices are all consistent, place on a WAX PAPER sheet, spray lightly with the cooking spray, use the salt grinder to sprinkle a very thin layer (less than one "twist" of the grinde) on each chip, yes it takes forever. Use chilli powder to lightly sprinkle each chip with just a bit, basically looking like "freckles" on a turnip? lol...flip the "chips" over and repeat the process. Spread evenly on a baking sheet. Bake at 200 degrees for 3 (yes really) hours, flipping the little guys ever 45 min or so. They will end up a little tough in the middle but crunchy all over.

I used to "sautee" potatoes and make them in a skillet which crisped them up nicely almost like hashbrowns, might try that with turnips. I will continue experimenting with turnips, tryin gto make the chips better tonight...or wait, tomorrow since i'm busy tonight...once my recipe is "good" I'll put it on the actual recipe thread :) STill a rookie when it comes to IP, but a pro when it comes to scientific experiments! (nerd)

Kaypix
05-04-2012, 02:33 PM
I LOVE turnip fries, but never the night before my WI as I always gain water weight from them.

I decided to approach this kind of as an experiment, since I like experimenting with stuff. I'm weighing daily, and aware weight will fluctuate up to a couple pounds in a day due to water weight etc. What I have noticed on this diet is that weight fluctuates much less from day to day than normal eating, and I have to imagine that's because we have fewer "variable" factors in our day (protein shake, protein shake and veggie, protein bar, meat and veggie the end, repeat).

I'll try doing my chips earlier in the night and see if that helps, but yes they are salty but a-mazing and make me not notice that they are turnips...tried mashing once, didn' turn out great, or even edible really...was sad day for me :(

However, I WILL NOT eat them on Sunday night, cuz WI is Monday. Told hubby daily weights don't matter, except Mondays :)

thin4me
05-04-2012, 02:34 PM
Happy Friday everyone
Just started my first week of Phase II, it's been a long haul and I haven't been to this site for quite some time.

For all those Canadians out there, I went into Extra Foods yesterday and noticed a $1.00 off coupon for Mio!!! Not sure how long it has been available here but it was selling for 2.78 less the 1.00 so only 1.78/each. I paid close to $4.00 in Florida and ours doesn't contain propylene glycol which is a bonus!
On sale until the end of today May 4!

sanaroph
05-04-2012, 02:35 PM

starting the cleanse
measuring my salt

How is your water intake? I have experienced when I drink half by body weight in ounces of water, I tend to lose more. Also you may be due for a cleanse which can help with some immediate weight loss. The good news is that you have 3lbs to go and 10 days to do it. This can be done!! You CAN do this!! :hug:

Congrats on the NSV and that breakfast sounds good. I usually have the omelettes for lunch

Good morning - My first week OP is almost over, I have my first WI tomorrow and I can't wait to have the result. I've had headaches the first two days but all in order now, I adjusted salt and water intake and it seemed to have helped. Very happy to have found this community. Wow for all the tips and motivation and support. Thank you!

The only thing that is hard for me right now is I love to cook and bake ( I have a food blog...) and I do almost everything home-made...so baking muffins for my 10 year old last night was not so easy but I achieved it!! And I am so proud I did. That was my biggest fear. I want to continue baking without tasting ;-) And for the food blog, I have started to adapt my recipes to be IP proofed.

Well...I hope you have a great day and thanks again for being there ;-)
I am proud of you for baking and not tasting :D

Congratulations on your weight losses !!
So it's Friday!! My family and I have been planning a big trip to the drive-in tonight. The Avengers and John carter await us at dusk...! This will throw me off the schedule I have been trying to keep in order to make sure I have not so many hours between meals or snacks. .
I think it is so cool you have a drive in theatre! Maybe you can pack your scheduled meal in a cooler to stay on track?

Good morning All.

That is an awesome amount of weight!! Keep up the good work

Morning all!!

We gained our weight one day at a time so have to lose it that way too

:lol: That is certainly another benefit of losing the extra weight!! Congratulations on the loss and thank you for the additional benefits of weight loss!!

Back from WI#15 Down another 3 pounds and 11/2 inches. WHoot WHoot!
Gotta love IP.

Congratulations!!

Doing a little ... no make that a HUGE happy dance over here :) For the first time I had someone who doesn't know that I am dieting or anything about IP ask if I have lost weight !!!! So excited ! I know I can feel my clothes fitting differently and I know the scale is going down but I am beyond excited that it REALLY is showing !!!!

Yes an excellent NSV.. When others notice!!

2nd weigh in this morning and I'm down another 4.6 pounds!
I can just feel Onederland in my future.
It is coming sooner than u think!

Had my weigh in today down 1.6 lbs and I forgot the inches (I tend to focus on the big numbers). Am feeling so much better since earlier in the week. Discovered how much I like water with a lttle bit of lime. I have a 16oz bottle and a daily goal to finish 7 bottles a day. Had a massage last night and my shoulders are sore but I think the massage got the toxins moving because well I am moving :D

qsuzi1
05-04-2012, 02:40 PM
My coach told me to be weary of stool softeners and suggested "Smooth Move" tea instead. It worked pretty well. The taste is a little hard to get used to, but after a few sips its not too bad.

You drink a cup before going to bed (btw the longer you steep it the more dramatic the results... i usually steeped for ~5 minutes) and in the morning you should feel some relief.
Thanks for your comment. I should have been more specific regarding the stool softener portion of the page. "Add 2 capsules of "Peri-Colace" and if no relief by bedtime take 2 more at bedtime. "Peri-colace" is a combination stool softner (docusate sodium) and an herbal stimulant laxative (senna extract)."

haddy4
05-04-2012, 02:47 PM
WI yesterday 4.2 pounds lost and 2.5 inches gone...im so happy !!! hope everyone has a great day !!!!

haddy4
05-04-2012, 02:50 PM

love your profile picture..i knew i was using my scale wrong..i new it :carrot:

haddy4
05-04-2012, 02:54 PM
:dizzy:Good morning everybody! It's still dark out here but the birds are chirping away, so I know it's morning! ;)

Worked hard in my basement yesterday, made some progress. Today my friends come to help carry some shelving and heavy stuff up for the garage sale next weekend. Funny, I bought some snacks for them that consisted of SunChips and Marzetti's low-fat dip, fruit, lemonade. Later I asked my friend what her husband would like, thinking he'd have his usual cup of good coffee, and she joked that a Guinness wouldn't go amiss. I didn't even think of that! I'm so out of touch with the real world of food. ;)

Have been so tired by evening that I can't keep up with all these posts, but I sure do wish you all well, welcome and good luck!

im having a yard sale tomorrow...im exhausted just thinking about it :dizzy:

haddy4
05-04-2012, 02:58 PM
Good morning All.

congrats !!!!!!:hug:

prettyone
05-04-2012, 03:04 PM
congrats !!!!!!:hug:
Thanks Haddy
WI yesterday 4.2 pounds lost and 2.5 inches gone...im so happy !!! hope everyone has a great day !!!!
Congrats goes to you as well. Enjoy the rest of your day.
How is your water intake? I have experienced when I drink half by body weight in ounces of water, I tend to lose more. Also you may be due for a cleanse which can help with some immediate weight loss. The good news is that you have 3lbs to go and 10 days to do it. This can be done!! You CAN do this!! :hug:

Congrats on the NSV and that breakfast sounds good. I usually have the omelettes for lunch

I am proud of you for baking and not tasting :D

Congratulations on your weight losses !!

I think it is so cool you have a drive in theatre! Maybe you can pack your scheduled meal in a cooler to stay on track?

That is an awesome amount of weight!! Keep up the good work

We gained our weight one day at a time so have to lose it that way too

:lol: That is certainly another benefit of losing the extra weight!! Congratulations on the loss and thank you for the additional benefits of weight loss!!

Congratulations!!

Yes an excellent NSV.. When others notice!!

It is coming sooner than u think!

Had my weigh in today down 1.6 lbs and I forgot the inches (I tend to focus on the big numbers). Am feeling so much better since earlier in the week. Discovered how much I like water with a lttle bit of lime. I have a 16oz bottle and a daily goal to finish 7 bottles a day. Had a massage last night and my shoulders are sore but I think the massage got the toxins moving because well I am moving :D

Thanks sanaroph

cass2ander
05-04-2012, 03:24 PM
Nice to check in and here positive results!!!! Have a great weekend!

WingnutandMe
05-04-2012, 03:25 PM
Molly, Here we go, this is just 1 turnip that I used since I was experimenting, 1 turnip made me about a dozen chips that were about 1/8" thick, since my slicer can't do "paper" thin :(

1 medium turnip
1 can Pam (Olive Oil Cooking Spray)
1 Sea Salt Grinder (thingy?)
~1/2 TBSP chili powder

Slice the turnip with a Mandalin (?) or veggie slicer so your slices are all consistent, place on a WAX PAPER sheet, spray lightly with the cooking spray, use the salt grinder to sprinkle a very thin layer (less than one "twist" of the grinde) on each chip, yes it takes forever. Use chilli powder to lightly sprinkle each chip with just a bit, basically looking like "freckles" on a turnip? lol...flip the "chips" over and repeat the process. Spread evenly on a baking sheet. Bake at 200 degrees for 3 (yes really) hours, flipping the little guys ever 45 min or so. They will end up a little tough in the middle but crunchy all over.

I used to "sautee" potatoes and make them in a skillet which crisped them up nicely almost like hashbrowns, might try that with turnips. I will continue experimenting with turnips, tryin gto make the chips better tonight...or wait, tomorrow since i'm busy tonight...once my recipe is "good" I'll put it on the actual recipe thread :) STill a rookie when it comes to IP, but a pro when it comes to scientific experiments! (nerd)

Thanks. It's safely stored away now in my recipe document. I have alerts for when someone posts to the recipe thread, so I'll know when you come up with the perfected version.

Have you tried the turnip fries? I've tried these, but not the hash browns recipe. It will give you a start for your experiment.

Turnip Fries
8 med. turnips
1 tsp garlic powder
1 tsp. onion powder
1 tsp. ground paprika

Preheat oven to 425 degrees F. Spray a large baking sheet with nonstick cooking spray. Pare and cut turnips into 2 1/2 x 1/2 inch sticks.
In gallon-size sealable plastic bag, combine garlic powder, onion powder and paprika. Add turnips; seal bag, squeezing out air; toss to coat turnips. Place turnips on baking sheet. Bake 15-20 minutes or until turnips are tender and golden. Makes 8 servings.

Turnip Hashbrowns
dice turnip and fry it with some green onions. A little salt n pepper and it's just like hash browns!

Kaypix
05-04-2012, 03:26 PM
Happy Friday! Congrats on all the SVs & NSVs...and hooray to everyone staying OP no matter how challenging!

Okay...in honor of Star Wars Day (May the 4th be with you)...I will unleash my inner geek...
a perfect quote from Yoda:
“Do or do not... there is no try.”

hehe , my nerd bows to your geek!

Kaypix
05-04-2012, 03:29 PM
Turnip Hashbrowns

I'll try the fries and hashbrowns probably next week methinks...now to find the perfect recipe for a grilled/skilleted tuna patty...thinking kind of like the salmon ones you can get as an appetizer, but cheaper.

med22
05-04-2012, 03:31 PM
Good luck on your WI. When you're starting they can be stressful. Waiting and wondering. You'll do just great since you've been 100% OP. The diet is so great, it's easy not to even come close to cheating.

Have a great day.
Molly

Thank you for the welcome! It was extremely difficult the first few days but once I found foods I really enjoyed it got so much better! A little worried about my weigh in tomorrow, I don't feel like I have lost as much as I would have wanted this week. Good luck on your weigh ins!

CkM
05-04-2012, 03:35 PM
First weigh in results:

7 pounds lost and 5 inches lost!!

I LOVE IT! Here's to another 100% OP week!

med22
05-04-2012, 03:44 PM
First weigh in results:

That's amazing! You should be proud of yourself! First week is always the hardest! I have my second weigh in tomorrow! Hoping for close the same results as last week. Keep up the great work!

DanafromAustin
05-04-2012, 03:55 PM
Thanks for that information. I've been dealing with this issue on and off since I started back in September. It got better for awhile, although I still take Novi-Lax everynight. For whatever reason right now it's getting bad again. Think I'll try the tea, as I like the natural stuff rather than the OTC stuff.

I decided to approach this kind of as an experiment, since I like experimenting with stuff. I'm weighing daily, and aware weight will fluctuate up to a couple pounds in a day due to water weight etc. What I have noticed on this diet is that weight fluctuates much less from day to day than normal eating, and I have to imagine that's because we have fewer "variable" factors in our day (protein shake, protein shake and veggie, protein bar, meat and veggie the end, repeat).

I'll try doing my chips earlier in the night and see if that helps, but yes they are salty but a-mazing and make me not notice that they are turnips...tried mashing once, didn' turn out great, or even edible really...was sad day for me :(

However, I WILL NOT eat them on Sunday night, cuz WI is Monday. Told hubby daily weights don't matter, except Mondays :)
I've always weighed myself every morning and it has never bothered me to see the scale fluctuate. The scale doesn't fluctuate that much for me, especially since I don't get TOM anymore. It keeps me focused on my goal. I think it all comes down to knowing yourself. If it upsets you to see the scale fluctuate or not move much one week, then stay off of it.

Happy Friday everyone
Just started my first week of Phase II, it's been a long haul and I haven't been to this site for quite some time.

Nice to see you back, and I hope you are enjoying phase 2.

Momto2cs
05-04-2012, 04:09 PM
I'll try the fries and hashbrowns probably next week methinks...now to find the perfect recipe for a grilled/skilleted tuna patty...thinking kind of like the salmon ones you can get as an appetizer, but cheaper.

The turnips make excellent hash browns. I dice them and add a bit of onion. Sautéed in oil until brown and crispy. With the sea salt they are as good as potatoes!

I do find the day after eating turnips I retain water. It goes the next day...I usually stick to asparagus as it is does the opposite.

willsmashfat
05-04-2012, 04:11 PM
I am going to a social event tonight where there will be food stations from local restaurants as the dinner (and dessert). I don't know what they will be serving. Obviously I know to pass on the desserts but how should I handle the "unknown" area of food? Should I have a salad or a shake before going? Any advice would be appreciated.

CassiR
05-04-2012, 04:15 PM
Thanks for that information. I've been dealing with this issue on and off since I started back in September. It got better for awhile, although I still take Novi-Lax everynight. For whatever reason right now it's getting bad again. Think I'll try the tea, as I like the natural stuff rather than the OTC stuff.

I've always weighed myself every morning and it has never bothered me to see the scale fluctuate. The scale doesn't fluctuate that much for me, especially since I don't get TOM anymore. It keeps me focused on my goal. I think it all comes down to knowing yourself. If it upsets you to see the scale fluctuate or not move much one week, then stay off of it.

I agree, I also weigh myself every day, sometimes just once and sometimes twice. It doesn't bother me to see the fluctuations either because I know it's because I have a lot of water in my system or constipation issues. It is still a fun surprise to get on in the morning and see a number you havent seen in so long though! It kind of lifts my day and I'm in a better mood, however if it's up i'm not in a bad mood either. It is what it is and as long as I stick to the program, it'll come off!

Kaypix
05-04-2012, 04:20 PM
The turnips make excellent hash browns. I dice them and add a bit of onion. Sautéed in oil until brown and crispy. With the sea salt they are as good as potatoes!

I do find the day after eating turnips I retain water. It goes the next day...I usually stick to asparagus as it is does the opposite.

Brilliant! Asparagus on Sundays, got it ;)

rvingprincess
05-04-2012, 04:45 PM
I noticed a lot of people are frying onions with the food, my coach told me not to fry onions as they tend to carmelize and go to sugar, he said I could add them raw if I want them. Have a great weekend everyone and congrats on all the WI's.

LizRR
05-04-2012, 04:47 PM
WI #9 and I am down 4lb, 3.375", and .69%!

I was hoping to start my 2 week workout experiment, did Bodypump 2x this week (sat & tue), but my allergies are killing! I was taking my first restricted, choco soy puffs, I had to stop! I had to actively work to not eat the whole box - havent had to work so hard at not eating something since the start of IP.

Anyways, I am looking forward to some sleep this weekend, hope everyone stays OP.

Oh, forgot to confess - I had 2 packs of the soy puffs yesterday for lunch and snack. My first slip - don't want a repeat, that's why I am not getting them...too good!

patns
05-04-2012, 04:53 PM

When I forget I know.

Actually I think the calcium causes constipation and the magnesium prevents it. I had to half the among of calcium I was taking and add extra nonIP magnesium. That finally helped.

Momto2cs
05-04-2012, 04:54 PM
I noticed a lot of people are frying onions with the food, my coach told me not to fry onions as they tend to carmelize and go to sugar, he said I could add them raw if I want them. Have a great weekend everyone and congrats on all the WI's.

Yes, onions should in general be eaten raw, but I only used a small amount, or green onions, which were even better in the hash browns. It never seemed to impact my loses.

For the food stations, I would not plan on finding anything you can eat. Most sauces have sugar in them. Lots of things will be breaded, or made with cornstarch/flour.

If you want to stay op I would eat in advance. Mybe you will be lucky, but I find most snarky foods beyond salt and pepper wings too high carb!

Momto2cs
05-04-2012, 04:55 PM

I was hoping to start my 2 week workout experiment, did Bodypump 2x this week (sat & tue), but my allergies are killing! I was taking my first restricted, choco soy puffs, I had to stop! I had to actively work to not eat the whole box - havent had to work so hard at not eating something since the start of IP.

Anyways, I am looking forward to some sleep this weekend, hope everyone stays OP.

Oh, forgot to confess - I had 2 packs of the soy puffs yesterday for lunch and snack. My first slip - don't want a repeat, that's why I am not getting them...too good!

Just remember that exercise might make you more hungry. Time it do you have a good meal after!

LizRR
05-04-2012, 04:56 PM

Green onions are on the Select veggies list, but regular cooked onions are a no-no. I hate raw onions!

evepet
05-04-2012, 05:06 PM

I totally understand what you mean about some of the items being 'too good'... I feel that way about some of the alternative bars I've tried over the past 5 weeks or so. A couple of them were just too darned tasty - it felt more like eating a candy bar - and after eating my one bar the rest of them seemed to beckon to me. I didn't give in - but I don't really need that temptation. I'd rather go with a bar that is 'good' but not 'so good' that it's giving me a siren call to eat another one! Actually the Pure Protein bar is affecting me this way too (just got some last weekend). When I finish my supply up, I don't think I'm going to restock them. Some of my other alternative protein sources are better for me.

From what I've read of your posts this week, it's been a busy and exhausting one...what with your allergies, hubby away, etc. I hope you're able to have a restful weekend.

Mapc331
05-04-2012, 05:08 PM
Happy Friday Everyone!! Some great WI numbers! WI down 3.4 lbs!! And I got a ninja blender. A perfect way to end a great week! :)

3sisters
05-04-2012, 05:15 PM
You might remember a couple of weeks ago I posted that though I was staying OP 100% as far as following the written protocol, the veggie choices I gravitated to (almost every day the higher carb rutabaga, turnip and red peppers) as well as eating 1 daily restricted bar caused me to unwittingly be on the higher end of carb intake and that my theory was that this slowed my weight loss.

Before anyone says that I'm stressing or making this too hard, shouldn't question the protocol, etc - the only thing stressing me out is not understanding how I can be following protocol 100% and lose only a half pound, and I am absolutely not questioning the protocol or trying to manipulate it in any way. If I was adding my own items, or coming up with my own combinations and measurements, then that would be a legitimate observation. And please, I am not saying that eating rutabagas, turnips, peppers and a restricted bar on a daily basis is not recommended. All of these ARE on the IP protocol and I'm sure many people do just fine with them. Nor am I saying my theory would extend to anyone other than myself.

However, the week before my last weigh-in (when I was testing my theory) I cut out all rutabagas, turnips, red peppers and restricteds for the week. I went from a 1 lb loss the previous week to a 3 lb loss that week. OK, interesting, but I was mostly just happy with the results and didn't put too much emphasis on whether it was due to my "theory" or not.

But, this past week, I went back to having a daily restricted bar, and lots of red peppers, though did not go back to the rutabagas and turnips. Still much higher total carbs than the previous week. I changed nothing else. Ate my veggies, drank my water, had my 3 protein packets per day. This week I went back to losing only .5 lbs.

While I'm sure this still isn't "proof" of anything, I do believe that some people are just more carb sensitive and may have to work within the program to find the best combination of allowable foods to maximize results.

For me, I'm going back to the lower carb veggie choices, and alas.....no restricteds .... at least for the foreseeable future. I will really miss my bars in the morning with my coffee! :( But I not only want to boost my weight loss, I also do not want to be following IP 100%, and spend upwards of $80 a week, just to lose a half pound. So, time to 'shake it up' - not unlike others who are told by their coach to switch things around a little to get past a plateau.

So, we'll see how next weigh-in goes with this new approach. I only find it interesting, and just wanted to share. Anyway, I want to be more of a threat in the Spring Challenge so had to do something! :)

LizRR
05-04-2012, 05:28 PM
Just remember that exercise might make you more hungry. Time it do you have a good meal after!

I was having a full restricted before, a full non-restricted after, then my meal 2 hours after that - I was so hungry after lifting! I plan on picking it back up after the pollen passes.

I totally understand what you mean about some of the items being 'too good'... I feel that way about some of the alternative bars I've tried over the past 5 weeks or so. A couple of them were just too darned tasty - it felt more like eating a candy bar - and after eating my one bar the rest of them seemed to beckon to me. I didn't give in - but I don't really need that temptation. I'd rather go with a bar that is 'good' but not 'so good' that it's giving me a siren call to eat another one! Actually the Pure Protein bar is affecting me this way too (just got some last weekend). When I finish my supply up, I don't think I'm going to restock them. Some of my other alternative protein sources are better for me.

From what I've read of your posts this week, it's been a busy and exhausting one...what with your allergies, hubby away, etc. I hope you're able to have a restful weekend.

Omg, it was a tough fight! But I guess a lot of folks had the same struggle this week. Removing the temptation was necessary, it was hard not to polish off the whole box!

evepet
05-04-2012, 05:31 PM
You might remember a couple of weeks ago I posted that though I was staying OP 100% as far as following the written protocol, the veggie choices I gravitated to (almost every day the higher carb rutabaga, turnip and red peppers) as well as eating 1 daily restricted bar caused me to unwittingly be on the higher end of carb intake and that my theory was that this slowed my weight loss.

Before anyone says that I'm stressing or making this too hard, shouldn't question the protocol, etc - the only thing stressing me out is not understanding how I can be following protocol 100% and lose only a half pound, and I am absolutely not questioning the protocol or trying to manipulate it in any way If I was adding my own items, or coming up with my own combinations and measurements, then that would be a legitimate observation.[/I] And please, I am not saying that eating rutabagas, turnips, peppers and a restricted bar on a daily basis is not recommended. All of these ARE on the IP protocol and I'm sure many people do just fine with them. Nor am I saying my theory would extend to anyone other than myself.

However, the week before my last weigh-in (when I was testing my theory) I cut out all rutabagas, turnips, red peppers and restricteds for the week. I went from a 1 lb loss the previous week to a 3 lb loss that week. OK, interesting, but I was mostly just happy with the results and didn't put too much emphasis on whether it was due to my "theory" or not.

But, this past week, I went back to having a daily restricted bar, and lots of red peppers, though did not go back to the rutabagas and turnips. Still much higher total carbs than the previous week. I changed nothing else. Ate my veggies, drank my water, had my 3 protein packets per day. This week I went back to losing only .5 lbs.

While I'm sure this still isn't "proof" of anything, I do believe that some people are just more carb sensitive and may have to work within the program to find the best combination of allowable foods to maximize results.

For me, I'm going back to the lower carb veggie choices, and alas.....no restricteds .... at least for the foreseeable future. I will really miss my bars in the morning with my coffee! :( But I not only want to boost my weight loss, I also do not want to be following IP 100%, and spend upwards of $80 a week, just to lose a half pound. So, time to 'shake it up' - not unlike others who are told by their coach to switch things around a little to get past a plateau.

So, we'll see how next weigh-in goes with this new approach. I only find it interesting, and just wanted to share. Anyway, I want to be more of a threat in the Spring Challenge so had to do something! :)

Good post. In my opinion it's good that you tested yourself that way, and know better now what does work best for you. As you said, some of us are more carb sensitive than others, and will do better with weight loss by sticking to the lower end of the carb scale. Thanks for posting your results. It wouldn't surprise me to learn that I am another that needs to more closely keep to the lower end of the carb scale, as I've experienced quite slow weight loss since my first couple of weeks. I may have to 'bite the bullet' and give up my protein bars and higher carb veggies in order to get better results. I'm on alternatives, so my weekly cost is much lower. I'm sure I'd be more inclined to do what you're doing if I had a weekly cost of $125 for the weekly IP food items (cost of 4/day + hst in Ontario, Canada).

haddy4
05-04-2012, 05:36 PM
2 questions cravy another cup of coffee..do you think it will affect weigh loss and has anyone found a 0 calorie 0 sugar 0 carb 0 fat creamer for coffee .im using vanilla r2g right now but just curious??

evepet
05-04-2012, 05:40 PM
2 questions cravy another cup of coffee..do you think it will affect weigh loss and has anyone found a 0 calorie 0 sugar 0 carb 0 fat creamer for coffee .im using vanilla r2g right now but just curious??

I don't think a 000 creamer exists Haddy. Unfortunately. That was my big bug-a-boo too. And I found using the vanilla RTD didn't work very well, as it took so much to even 'colour' the coffee. Although I do use it (actually I use EAS RTD because I'm on alternative products) in my tea, and it's not too bad there. At least workable, with just a tbsp per cup. The lack of a suitable 000 creamer made me resort to drinking my coffee black! Which became more palatable when I moved up to a premium coffee. I made that switch about 3 weeks ago, and now I'm enjoying my black coffee.

Shortcake224
05-04-2012, 05:42 PM

Thanks for this information. This is a life saver. It is just so frustrating that the genarl information for IP is different with each clinic. It makes sense to do it this way. Question: Is is okay to do the potassium/calcium tablet? That way I will still be getting calcium. Also, at my PCP I was told all I need to take is the multi vitamin and the Omega 3. I don't think they understand that IP is unbalanced hence the reason for the supplements. However the info you gave is coming from an IP clinic, so I can accept that they are familiar with the protocol. thanks again:hug:

haddy4
05-04-2012, 05:54 PM

great weigh in !!!! so happy for you :cool:

qsuzi1
05-04-2012, 06:03 PM
Thanks for this information. This is a life saver. It is just so frustrating that the genarl information for IP is different with each clinic. It makes sense to do it this way. Question: Is is okay to do the potassium/calcium tablet? That way I will still be getting calcium. Also, at my PCP I was told all I need to take is the multi vitamin and the Omega 3. I don't think they understand that IP is unbalanced hence the reason for the supplements. However the info you gave is coming from an IP clinic, so I can accept that they are familiar with the protocol. thanks again:hug:

The page doesn't specifically say delete the potassium calcium - only the calcium magnesium. (Use personal potassium 500 mg dosage). My coach was silent about deleting or keeping the calcium magnesium. I assume the calcium dosage is okay in the CM but will ask her Tuesday.

qsuzi1
05-04-2012, 06:12 PM

I have also struggled with a 1 lb weight loss 2 weeks in a row and am also going to use no restricted items to help me maximize my weight loss to "shake it up" for at least the near future.I am also going to look at total veggie carbs as part of my decision on what to eat daily. Since I am not on ketosis (recent test) I am hoping this change will help there too. I analyzed my net carbs, protein, and fat for that 2 week period (my calorie counter does not measure sugar and some other things) plus days I had a restricted. Every day I ate a restricted item the net carbs were in the 30-40 range. My age may be a factor and also possibly carb sensitive which is a term I have heard on this diet.

Teden
05-04-2012, 06:14 PM
Just wanted to let everyone know that I tried the IP potato clam chowder recipe from the IP Finland Facebook page. Holy cow-the best IP meal I have ever had. And if you are not a celery lover- don't let that scare you away. I HATE celery, but figured I would give it a try in this dish. It was amazing. Definitely the easiest way I have ever incorporated 2C veggies into my lunch so far :carrot:

usmcvet
05-04-2012, 07:04 PM
I am going to a social event tonight where there will be food stations from local restaurants as the dinner (and dessert). I don't know what they will be serving. Obviously I know to pass on the desserts but how should I handle the "unknown" area of food? Should I have a salad or a shake before going? Any advice would be appreciated.

I think having something to eat ahead of time is a great idea. Putting a snack in your purse or pocket might be a good idea, even if you don't use it, knowing you can may be comforting.

AWESOME

Keep up the hard work.

First weigh in results:

Question?

I think I just read restricted items are 9 carbs or higher? I will go check the stickies too.

Soootiff
05-04-2012, 07:12 PM
TGIF!!! So glad I have the weekend ahead of me. Just have to make it 45 minutes more and I'll be out of the office for the weekend.

WI#5 is tonight. So excited!

doublebaby
05-04-2012, 08:16 PM
My coach told me today that next week she will have in two new items! There is a new strawberry shortbread cookie (not sure if restricted or not but assume it is) and a chicken patty mix ( I think it is similar to the soy patty mix). I already put an order in to try each so I hope they are good. Has anyone else heard anything about them?

Karen71
05-04-2012, 08:20 PM
Woo Hoo! survived day 3...so much easier today. Friday is take out night. I ordered salad instead of fries and grilled swordfish instead of my usual fried seafood platter. I surprisingly was very satisfied. I know I can do this!!! Tonight was the test and it was easier than I thought.

PEIslandGirl
05-04-2012, 08:26 PM
Happy Friday Everyone!
DanafromAustin - you mentioned Boot Camp Menu, what is that. I have been 100% OP for the past month but have only lost 9.2 lbs. Which is still good, I know but wondering if it could be better

doublebaby
05-04-2012, 08:30 PM
2 more pounds from the scale gone today! Getting close to that big marker- under 200. I lost 3 lbs. of body fat and gained almost 2 pounds of lean muscle so the walking at least five days a week is certainly helping and the extra protein at lunch. Doing those two things seem to have put a stop to me losing lean muscle at least for now. Yay team IP!

Shortcake224
05-04-2012, 08:31 PM
I have a question - Are we only allowed 2 tsp. of olive oil a day, or is it in addition to salad dressing and cooking? Am I supposed to be cooking with "Pam" only? Please advise.

evepet
05-04-2012, 08:41 PM
Happy Friday Everyone!
DanafromAustin - you mentioned Boot Camp Menu, what is that. I have been 100% OP for the past month but have only lost 9.2 lbs. Which is still good, I know but wondering if it could be better

I'm pretty sure I've read that 'Boot Camp Menu' means going totally with just the unrestricteds. Hopefully Dana or somebody will confirm in case I misunderstood.

Beanie Mommy
05-04-2012, 08:46 PM
Very exciting news today - I have a date for tomorrow. First time in 2 years (since I got divorced). Somebody I met through a co-worker is taking me on a cave tour. Somewhat odd choice for a first date, but I am really looking forward to exploring :)

Hope everyone has a great OP Friday!

skinnybride2be
05-04-2012, 08:51 PM
Happy Friday everyone! Just got my first order of Miracle Noodles in the mail today! I really want to try making a Pad Thai with them. I'll post a few pictures if it comes out good.

As for other things, stomach has been acting up a lot today so can't really say I've been 100% OP since I just haven't felt like eating. Hopefully this passes by tomorrow. Looking forward to a good weigh in for Monday's challenge.

DanafromAustin
05-04-2012, 09:01 PM
Happy Friday Everyone!

Evepet is right, it's only using unrestricted IP packets (no meat, chicken or fish protein) for all of your meals. You can have 4 to 5 packets per day (two at dinner if you want) and no restricted veggies. Soups, jelly, pudding and juices are the recommended foods for boot camp. Drink lots of water too. This is only recommended if you have hit a plateau and only to be used for 2 to 3 days max or until the scale moves.

I hesitated even mentioning boot camp at first because there are so many new people on this board now, and this isn't an alternative way of doing IP, but rather to be used if your weight has truly stalled or really slowed down for any length of time. I've been on IP for 7 months now, and have lost 85 pounds, and this is the first time I have ever needed to do boot camp. I really felt my body needed a shake up to get the scale moving again after so many months on this diet eating basically the same thing every day.

I have always lost just fine eating a restricted every morning, but if you feel your weight is a little too slow then you might try a week with no restricted in your diet. or have one just every other day, and see if that helps. However if you are loosing 9 to 10 pounds per month, then I think you are doing great.

DanafromAustin
05-04-2012, 09:03 PM
Very exciting news today - I have a date for tomorrow. First time in 2 years (since I got divorced). Somebody I met through a co-worker is taking me on a cave tour. Somewhat odd choice for a first date, but I am really looking forward to exploring :)

Sounds like the outdoors kind of guy. Have fun!

jcjnjj
05-04-2012, 09:18 PM
Woo Hoo! survived day 3...so much easier today. Friday is take out night. I ordered salad instead of fries and grilled swordfish instead of my usual fried seafood platter. I surprisingly was very satisfied. I know I can do this!!! Tonight was the test and it was easier than I thought.

Very good job! (Is "71" the year you were born? If so, me too!)

2 more pounds from the scale gone today! Getting close to that big marker- under 200. I lost 3 lbs. of body fat and gained almost 2 pounds of lean muscle so the walking at least five days a week is certainly helping and the extra protein at lunch. Doing those two things seem to have put a stop to me losing lean muscle at least for now. Yay team IP!

Onderland is in your future!

Let us all know how it goes! I love hearing about first dates!

MaMaZu
05-04-2012, 09:50 PM
I just bought a bag of broccoli-slaw at Whole Foods to make stir fry (yum!)
I have to painstakenly pick out the carrots before using it. Has anyone been able to buy it without the carrots? If not, I have a plan to buy a lot of packs, then spend an afternoon picking out all the carrots and then freezing the broccoli. It will be a chore, but definitely worth it.

You can make your own with a food processer, use the stems and the large grater setting.

Samba
05-04-2012, 09:55 PM
Well, we did not win at the dog show today. But, we looked good losing!!
Bella groomed up beautifully!

I saw myself in a picture taken today and can not recognize myself! I tried to catch several acquaintances eye today to say hello. No go. I guess they don't realize it is me either.

After we returned home my friend and I ate at a buffet. dH joined us too. Can 't believe all That I found to eat there. Great salad bar! Baked fish and chicken, steamed brocolli and steamed cauliflower. Excited to know this option exists in town for us where there are many OP choices and unlimited salad too! Coffe for desert just awesome.

I had started losing a bit of weight prior to official IP start. From my highest weight to now....50 lbs gone. I carry 50lb bags of dog food in. Can't believe the work that is and I lost that much. The knees say, Hurray! iP is like a miracle for me. I am not the fastest loser, but still very respectable losses over time. Still in awe at the near miracle of it!

Dakin
05-04-2012, 10:03 PM
Samba, Congrats! That is an amazing loss.
Glad you had fun at the show and found such a great place to eat OP.
Sounds like you have a great attitude toward this journey in your life!

NewPath
05-04-2012, 11:55 PM
Sorry I missed every one today! Congrats on all fof your successes!!!!

patns
05-05-2012, 12:10 AM
Happy Friday everyone

For all those Canadians out there, I went into Extra Foods yesterday and noticed a $1.00 off coupon for Mio!!! Not sure how long it has been available here but it was selling for 2.78 less the 1.00 so only 1.78/each. I paid close to $4.00 in Florida and ours doesn't contain propylene glycol which is a bonus!
On sale until the end of today May 4!

I was wodering what happened to you. You are doing awesome!!!

Pat

Soootiff
05-05-2012, 12:22 AM
I had my WI#5 and wish it was bigger numbers, but it's a loss so I'll take it. 3 lbs and 2.5 inches.

I talked to my coach about my horrible mood before lunch (I force myself to hold out until noon each day) and my major drop in energy every day at 2pm. She suggested adding a bit more protein so I'll try that and see how it goes.

My BF was up a portion of a percent and I told her I did body pump on Monday last week. She definitely wants me to wait until I've been OP a bit longer before I do my class again. This makes me sad but doing some cardio for a while is better than nothing.

Last I brought up that I talked to the local IP rep about becoming a coach. She said the clinic is keeping an eye on me and can't wait to get me on coaching there! I'm thrilled!! They apparently just want me to go through all of the phases first! Woohoo!

Skomo
05-05-2012, 12:46 AM
Newbie here!

Week 1 went really well; stuck to plan 100%
Week 2 also went well, had to get creative with the veggies

Week 3: not as smooth. Traveled with clients for work and all meals were restaurant meals. By the time we got finished with meetings it was 10 pm and I hadn't had my 3rd IP packet. Not wanting to eat/ drink too late I skipped it. Two days in a row! Also concerned I didn't eat enough veggies. I need some help! Worried for weigh in Monday but am motivated to get right back on plan as soon as I get back home...

Huge confession: drank vodka on the rocks with old friends, finding it tough to resist temptation as a 20-something social gal. Bad dieter! But am going to a wedding tomorrow and am sticking to h2o. Lots of it! Where did the motivation run off to????

ChaloJ
05-05-2012, 01:43 AM
I love this diet!

I had a WI on Thursday....5 pounds flew away! There are so many ways that IP has improved my life: it's not so hard to move around, my clothes are looser, I'm losing that ball shape, I'm not in a sugar induced stupor, so I'm getting so much more done...:love::love::love:

Now I can scoot off to read some more wonderful stories...

Meadow Wheeler
05-05-2012, 08:28 AM
Yesterday was WI day. Thank you to who ever posted the "Only 1 LB" it put me in the right place to feel very excited when that happened. I lost the best 1.4 lbs last week....plus 5.75 inches. That TOM seems to have played a part...and I am just fine with that. :) Thank you all for the supportive post that helped me keep perspective.