Ideal Protein Diet - Craving help please!

View Full Version : Craving help please!

Stefany1769
05-03-2012, 11:11 PM
I have been craving Mexican food really bad today. I am having a really hard time being creative and making a phase 1 friendly recipe for this! :(

Lettuce wrap
05-03-2012, 11:17 PM
Chicken fajitas in a lettuce wrap?

Kaypix
05-03-2012, 11:29 PM
um, someone posted a recipe today about making a tortilla out of one of the pancake mix thingies...I agree with the chicken, or lean beef and add taco seasoning/cayenne pepper...shredded lettuce, do some diced tomatoes (only 2x per week for those guys) some green peppers cooked up and...make a thick sauce out of one of the soup packets maybe?

Keeping my fingers crossed for you!

Stefany1769
05-03-2012, 11:34 PM
This is the only solution I have come up with based on what I have in my pantry right now.
Lean ground beef with homemade taco seasonings
Lettuce for wraps
WF ranch mayo (sour cream)
Chopped up cucumbers
Green cabbage
Bell pepper

We will see if this works! I hope so because beans and rice sounds REALLY good right now! :(

Stefany1769
05-04-2012, 12:52 AM
Well that was a fail!

Longhorn Energy
05-04-2012, 02:02 AM
The 'Big Mac in a bowl' almost resembles a taco salad, and I am a HUGE mexican fan...It fixed my craving the other night.

Chinese craving tonight, so made the cauliflower fried rice...it was a hit as well.

Sewmam
05-04-2012, 07:41 AM
I just make a stir-fry for dinner with whatever vegees I want, like green peppers, green onions, zuchini. Then I add chili powder and cumin to make it "Mexican." Top with salsa on a big bed of lettuce. The salsa kind of acts like the salad dressing, but you could also use a little WF Italian with some vinegar added. You won't have the cheese or sour cream, but remember...it's only temporary.... ;)

I really missed my guacamole and my coach said I could substitute my olive oil for 1/4 of an avocado, every now and then. It only made 1-2tbsp of guaca, but it was better than nothing.