Ideal Protein Diet - BR & MS Support Group

View Full Version : BR & MS Support Group

Andie0606
05-03-2012, 04:41 PM
(I'm starting a new thread so that this idea doesn't get lost.)

Ok, let's get serious about a BR (and MS) support group. First, we need a count of about how many are interested. Then, when we'll meet. I suggest meeting once a month, like Lisa said, and a set schedule would be easiest, such as the last Saturday of every month. I think a coffee shop would be a good place. I live in BR, so I can suggest some, but I'm not sure how familiar everyone is with the area. Oh! New thought! What about at the BR Whole Foods? There is only one, so everyone should be able to find it, and it's on a busy corner with easy access to interstates. Plus, they have a coffee/tea shop. Let me know! (And suggest a time!)

wuv2bloved
05-03-2012, 07:13 PM
I am all about it, y'all just let me know when and where to be and I am THERE!

Andie0606
05-03-2012, 09:04 PM
I am all about it, y'all just let me know when and where to be and I am THERE!

Lisa,
Since you'll be coming from out of town, what time would work for you? If others agree (and no one else comes up with a plan), then I propose the last Saturday of the month at the Whole Foods coffee shop. Whole Foods is located at the corner of Corporate Blvd. and Jefferson Hwy. in the Town Center shopping center.

SewingMomma
05-03-2012, 09:50 PM
I'll go if I can. Life with two tweens and a husband can get pretty hectic. :)

wuv2bloved
05-04-2012, 12:49 AM
It doesn't matter, I'll be off so just tell me a time...will take me about 1.5-2 hours to get there

Andie0606
05-04-2012, 10:46 AM
It will take me 10 minutes. so I'm leaving the time up to someone else.

lisab
05-14-2012, 10:14 AM
Anytime is fine with me!
Hey do any of my BR Ipers know of a invite only Facebook group? Heard of one but can't find it.
Can't wait to meet with ya'll!

lisab
05-14-2012, 10:16 AM
PS--Saturdays are fine UNTIL football season! Geaux Tigers!! :)

wuv2bloved
05-14-2012, 01:21 PM
Lisa I added you to the Southern 3fc if that was you that requested it....lol....if not that is the name of the group!

lisab
05-14-2012, 01:30 PM
Lisa I added you to the Southern 3fc if that was you that requested it....lol....if not that is the name of the group!

It was me, thanks!

lisab
05-17-2012, 06:35 PM
so when are we meeting?

lisab
05-17-2012, 06:58 PM
trying to add http://www.3fatchicks.net/img/bar-blue2/flower05/lb/229/140/217/.png (http://www.3fatchicks.com/)my tracker. do you have to copy and paste every time?

wuv2bloved
05-17-2012, 07:00 PM
No, go back and do it again, you are missing a step somewhere...it took me several times before mine would work

Monicakay02
05-17-2012, 11:38 PM
I'll totally come if I can! I'm in BR!

GramEGail
05-18-2012, 12:00 AM
I am in too! I start back on the program next Wednesday after taking a small break. Are we thinking about a week day or the weekend?

Andie0606
05-18-2012, 01:16 PM
I am in too! I start back on the program next Wednesday after taking a small break. Are we thinking about a week day or the weekend?

I suggested the last Saturday of every month at the Whole Foods coffee shop. WF is at the corner of Jefferson Hwy. and Corporate Blvd. in the Town Center Shopping Center (Baton Rouge). I'm leaving the time up to someone else as I live in BR and can meet at any time.

lisab
05-21-2012, 10:20 AM
trying to add http://www.3fatchicks.net/img/bar-blue2/flower05/lb/229/140/217/.png (http://www.3fatchicks.com/)my tracker. do you have to copy and paste every time?

thanks wuv!

Andie0606
05-21-2012, 01:07 PM
This Saturday is the last Saturday of the month. Are we going to try to get together?

wuv2bloved
05-24-2012, 02:16 PM
Ok so Andie and I were messaging back and forth, This weekend isn't going to be a good weekend since its Memorial Day weekend and I am sure a lot of you already have plans so What we would like to do is have a FIRM PLAN to meet the last Saturday of Jun which is the 29th. This gives everyone a whole month to make plans to be there. Could everyone please say if they would attend or not so we can get some kind of count so that we can find a place that would fit everyone. Y'all know BR area better than I do and she suggest Whole food coffee shop so lets plan this for a FIRM date...Can't wait to meet everyone!!

Andie0606
05-25-2012, 10:42 AM
Ok so Andie and I were messaging back and forth, This weekend isn't going to be a good weekend since its Memorial Day weekend and I am sure a lot of you already have plans so What we would like to do is have a FIRM PLAN to meet the last Saturday of Jun which is the 29th. This gives everyone a whole month to make plans to be there. Could everyone please say if they would attend or not so we can get some kind of count so that we can find a place that would fit everyone. Y'all know BR area better than I do and she suggest Whole food coffee shop so lets plan this for a FIRM date...Can't wait to meet everyone!!

(June 30. June 29 is a Friday.) I WILL BE THERE. Someone pick a time.
Andie

GramEGail
05-25-2012, 12:25 PM
I am in! I usually go to the Farmer's Market Saturday morning and am finished by 9:30 a.m. So anytime thereafter is good for me. What is best for Lisa since she is coming out of town? I am so excited to meet Lisa - what an inspiration!!

lisab
05-25-2012, 12:49 PM
I will be there, Let me know a time. Do yall want to bring clothes to exchange?

saintsbelle
05-25-2012, 01:43 PM
Aw I wish i was a tad bit closer :(... Natchitoches is just too far of a drive, maybe one month I'll be able to come meet everyone! Such a great idea!

wuv2bloved
05-25-2012, 02:19 PM
Yea we could do a clothing exchange as well but we may not be able to bring them into the place....lol...might have to do it in the parking lot.....lol....doesn't matter on a time...it will take me about 2 hrs to get there so y'all just let me know

lisab
05-25-2012, 06:39 PM
Yea we could do a clothing exchange as well but we may not be able to bring them into the place....lol...might have to do it in the parking lot.....lol....doesn't matter on a time...it will take me about 2 hrs to get there so y'all just let me know

I was even thinking we could sit outside if it's in the evening. Pulling out the clothes in the store may make us look like bag ladies!:dizzy:

enr20707
05-26-2012, 06:55 PM
I'm in TX. but go to visit family in BR. Maybe I can join y'all if you get together 1st week in June ;>
oops, nevermind... just read post about last Saturday of the month.

Paint Lady
05-26-2012, 10:42 PM
I'm interested. I may not be able to make every meeting, but I can try for some. I think I can make the last Sat in June.

lisab
06-06-2012, 05:53 PM
so what time? I want to get it on my calendar??

Andie0606
06-07-2012, 10:27 AM
Any time is good for me. I'm leaving that decision to someone else, especially for those who have to drive some distance.

wuv2bloved
06-08-2012, 12:02 AM
Well with everything that is going off with me, I don't know if I will be able to make it. No job kinda puts a damper on my gas, food and bills come first before gas. But I will play it by ear :)

SamanthaLynn
06-11-2012, 02:50 AM
I'm definitely interested also! I'm pretty new to this, so i'm looking forward to meeting people doing this and learn things also. I live in Zachary, so it's not a bad drive. My biggest thing is that i'm a hairstylist, so I work Saturdays till about 3-4. I just don't know how open people are to later afternoons.

wuv2bloved
06-28-2012, 11:21 AM
are y'all meetin Saturday?

aimeed3
06-28-2012, 11:49 AM
ooooohhh Can I come, can I come?? I am in Laplace and would love to meet up with everyone! That would be awesome.

Aimee

GramEGail
06-30-2012, 11:35 AM
Are we still on for today or not? Also, someone told me that their coach at Woman's Hospital said that the dressing at Albasha's was okay to have on IP. Does anyone else go there and heard this? Yum, yum, I hope so!

wuv2bloved
06-30-2012, 12:07 PM
Are we still on for today or not? Also, someone told me that their coach at Woman's Hospital said that the dressing at Albasha's was okay to have on IP. Does anyone else go there and heard this? Yum, yum, I hope so!
I asked this at the beginning of the week and got no responses so I don't know.

cyndie
06-30-2012, 12:22 PM
I asked this at the beginning of the week and got no responses so I don't know.

Hey, I just saw this for the first time this morning. I'm just right outside of Baton Rouge in Walker, so if I haven't missed it yet....is it on and what time???

cyndie
06-30-2012, 12:24 PM

Thanks wonderful! I love the chicken swarma salad there. I usually order it without feta and dressing. I love their dressing. Glad I can have it.

cyndie
06-30-2012, 12:38 PM
:( I guess I either missed the meeting or they didn't meet. Maybe next month will work out.

wuv2bloved
06-30-2012, 01:06 PM
:( I guess I either missed the meeting or they didn't meet. Maybe next month will work out.

you didnt miss it, i dont think it happened :(

GramEGail
06-30-2012, 04:02 PM
Nope, and Cyndie I am not positive we can have the Albasha dressing. I am trying to confirm with others who were told this.......the oliver oil is supposedly whipped to make it creamy with lemon garlic, etc. I wanted to see if anyone else could confirm this for me.

beckah12
06-30-2012, 06:03 PM
i make a similar dressing in a food processor. the creaminess comes from emulsifying the olive oil and garlic, olive oil alone cannot be whipped from my experience. that style of dressing is IP compliant but I use it sparingly because it takes a decent amount of oil to achieve that consistency.

cyndie
06-30-2012, 10:17 PM
you didnt miss it, i dont think it happened :(

Maybe we can plan early for the last Saturday in July? It sounds like such a fun idea. If you are out of work at that time, I'll come pick you up. I have a prius that gets awesome gas mileage. :D

wuv2bloved
07-01-2012, 12:53 AM
Maybe we can plan early for the last Saturday in July? It sounds like such a fun idea. If you are out of work at that time, I'll come pick you up. I have a prius that gets awesome gas mileage. :D

LOL....y'all need to plan it, I'll try to make it, just let me know when and where.....lol

cyndie
07-02-2012, 11:42 AM
LOL....y'all need to plan it, I'll try to make it, just let me know when and where.....lol

Ok...let's plan on Whole Foods Deli area on Saturday July 28th....I am local so anytime is good for me. I heard some of you need certain times. So, what times work for everyone?:)

wuv2bloved
08-19-2012, 01:54 PM
bump.....lets make this happen!!!

BRfirefly
08-19-2012, 09:01 PM
A meet up would be fun! I'd love the chance to meet everyone, hear stories, share tips and tricks, etc. The Whole Foods in BR works well for me. Maybe a Saturday early afternoon so Wuv doesn't have to wake up super early for the drive? What date/time works well for you Wuv?

wuv2bloved
08-19-2012, 10:40 PM
A meet up would be fun! I'd love the chance to meet everyone, hear stories, share tips and tricks, etc. The Whole Foods in BR works well for me. Maybe a Saturday early afternoon so Wuv doesn't have to wake up super early for the drive? What date/time works well for you Wuv?

I am up for anytime, except if by bf is in town for his 4 days..he is coming home the 30th other than that anytime

cyndie
08-22-2012, 01:52 PM
I would love a meet-up, too!

mammabell
08-23-2012, 02:24 PM
Hi, I am new to this site and from BR. I would love to meet everyone in the area!

wuv2bloved
08-23-2012, 02:32 PM
Hi, I am new to this site and from BR. I would love to meet everyone in the area!

I KNEW you were from La when I saw the name Mamma!...welcome