Ideal Protein Diet - IP Daily Chat Thursday 5/3/12

View Full Version : IP Daily Chat Thursday 5/3/12

Chloe222
05-03-2012, 03:30 AM
Welcome back to the Daily Chat thread - post your plans for today, share what's been happening, ask questions!

:welcome3:

Some forum lingo:
NSV = Non-scale victory
TOM = time of the month
WI = Weigh-in
WF = Walden Farms
OP = on program

Bookmarking:
Ideal Protein Sub-forum Home page
Consider making it a bookmark or a favorite in your browser so you can come back easily to get your RDA of Ideal Protein information.
Ideal Protein Sub-forum Home Page (http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/ideal-protein-diet-236/)

Information for newbies:
Check the sticky page for lots of good information and please read before asking what might be a frequently asked question here in the daily thread: Information on Ideal Protein phases (1-4), recipes, newbie guide, FAQ, and other important threads. (http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/ideal-protein-diet/238801-ip-ultimate-list-recipes-faq-newbie-guide-other-important-threads.html)

Tickers and Signatures:
There are 2 requirements to have access to signatures and tickers. You must have been a member of 3fatchicks for 20 days AND posted at least 20 messages anywhere on the 3fatchicks forum. When you've met those requirements check The Ultimate Signature and Ticker Thread (http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/announcements-forum-help/203435-ultimate-one-stop-signature-ticker-thread-read-here-if-you-have-questions.html)for more information and instructions.

Quoting:
The best quoting tip (http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/announcements-forum-help/203435-ultimate-one-stop-signature-ticker-thread-read-here-if-you-have-questions.html)- EVER!! Thanks Rosie, aka 6710.

Searching:
If you can't find what you're looking for in this forum using the website search function, try using the "double search" using Google.

1) Go to google.com. Search 3fatchicks by using the term site:3fatchicks.com at the end of your google search.

For example, if you want to look for "big mac in a bowl", type "big mac in a bowl site:3fatchicks.com" in google search. No need to inlucde the quotation marks when you type.

2) This will bring up the page that you are looking for, now hit Ctrl+F to search on that page. Type "big mac in a bowl" and all instances of that search term will be highlighted.

Progress photos:
have been moved to the Mini-Goal Photo Album. (http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/mini-goals-201/)

Other helpful links related to the Ideal Protein diet:
Dr. Tran Tien Chanh's website (http://www.trantiendiet.com/site/spip.php?rubrique19)

Dr. Tran Tien Chanh's book (PDF file): The Unbalanced Diet Approach to a Slimmer You (http://www.trantiendiet.com/site/IMG/pdflivre_Dr_Tran.pdf)

Chloe222
05-03-2012, 03:36 AM
Good morning all,
I'm up early, with a cup of Yogi Bedtime tea, hoping to go back to sleep in a half hour. But I thought I'd get the Daily Chat going for all the early risers!

We have so many new folks lately, newbies and restarters. That is terrific!! Love the questions and answers.

Wishing all of you a grand day!

Longhorn Energy
05-03-2012, 03:58 AM
Glad im not the only person up and surfing lol. Have a great day as well!

NewPath
05-03-2012, 06:51 AM
Good Morning Peeps!
Hope you all have a FABULOUS day!
I feel a ton lighter today ?
Love and hugs to all!

mylastdiet
05-03-2012, 07:08 AM
:coffee: Good morning everyone! Up and enjoying my coffee before I start working.

I just have to share my great dinner last night! I finally had the nerve to try the rutabaga I purchased (never had one before), so I decided to experiment before throwing it out. I cut it into thin strips about half the size of fries and threw them into a pan with a little olive oil. After they softened I added 8 oz. very lean ground beef to the same pan and began browning the beef. I added onion powder, garlic powder, and some Tony Chachere's.

It was soooo yummy!:drool: It kinda-sorta had a hash consistency. I can imagine this would be very versitile, epecially using different spices each time. I think the next time I make it, I will use curry powder!

Have a great OP day!

Cadu
05-03-2012, 07:13 AM
Happy Thursday Everbody!

Thanks for starting the thread Chloe.

If the rain lets up today I am going to plant my flowers outside, then later this afternoon I am meeting some old friends for lunch. I plan on having a great day. I think if I start this day off on a positive note it will stay positive throughout.

Have a great day and enjoy all the successes big & small.

luvthesun
05-03-2012, 07:30 AM
Yay! My shipment of IP products arrived last night! I was subbing the EAS shake in for the meantime but love the taste and richness of the IP shakes and puddings so much better!

I noticed quite a few teachers on here... I teach 25 first graders....they are awesome this year! QUITE a handful lately....they too are feeling 'over' the rigidity of a school day and want to relax a bit and talk...and talk...and talk! To each other and to me...all day long! HA! Yesterday I was like, I need 3 min of peace! Meaning, please do not tell me another random story about legos, your uncle, what level you beat in Mario and luigi, or Pokemon cards....I REALLY don't care about any of that! LOL......I turned away and made a cup of tea in my classroom keurig while they finished up some work....sometimes we all need to remember to give ourselves a 3 min 'escape' in our day to regroup....felt much better!

Nice reading everyone's accomplishments so far this week!

Karen71
05-03-2012, 07:32 AM
Good Morning Everyone! Well I am proud to say i survived day 1 OP 100%. Was not sure if I could do it but I did. Yeah!!! One day closer to WI #1. :carrot:

Hope everyone has a great OP day! Keep up the great work!

usmcvet
05-03-2012, 08:23 AM
Good morning everyone. I hope you all have an awesome day.

I have WI #6 at 8. I am excited and nervous. I will report back later. Then off to work. Today is my "Friday" so tomorrow I need to split and stack some wood and get the lawn mower fired up to mow all the green stuff!

wuv2bloved
05-03-2012, 08:27 AM
Good morning everyone, getting an early start today. Good luck on your WI USMCVET and everyone else that has WI's today. Don't forget to post in the challenge.

Dakin
05-03-2012, 08:45 AM
Good morning IP family!

I woke up with blood in my urine this morning. I'm pretty scared. (I'm notoriously a big wimp with anything medical.) Will call my doctor at 9:00 and hope to be seen today. A quick google search shows a higher incidence of UTI or kidney infections with high protein diets. Believe it or not, my biggest concern is that the doctor may tell me to stop IP cold turkey! I really, really don't want to stop in a manner that will make me gain back everything I've lost! I'm hoping that, if anything, they let me phase off properly. I know, I know.... I'm probably worrying about the wrong thing..... or even worrying needlessly. I'm just a mess this morning, almost on the verge of panic.

Wishing everyone a great day.

0ojoyo0
05-03-2012, 08:47 AM
Hi everyone. Day 3 and I'm still OP, but definitely feeling the mood swings. Yesterday I had horrible body aches, but hopefully it'll get better in a few days. On the bright side, I slept really well last night!

Hope everyone has a great day and good luck to those of you who have WI.

shathom
05-03-2012, 08:50 AM
Good morning everyone!

Today is WI #3 at 11:00. I'm so excited (can you imagine being excited to get on a scale???). I will check in later. Have a great OP day.

Shelia

salmongirl
05-03-2012, 08:52 AM
Good morning to everyone! Good luck on WI's and what have ya! It is nice to see so many newbies on line! Nolt much planned for today, just the usual mom stuff. Dance recital is this weekend and then the count down for the end of school begins! I love summer!
Well enough rambling, I hope everyone has a great day!

Samba
05-03-2012, 08:53 AM
Good morning IP family!

I woke up with blood in my urine this morning. I'm pretty scared. (I'm notoriously a big wimp with anything medical.) Will call my doctor at 9:00 and hope to be seen today. A quick google search shows a higher incidence of UTI or kidney infections with high protein diets. Believe it or not, my biggest concern is that the doctor may tell me to stop IP cold turkey! I really, really don't want to stop in a manner that will make me gain back everything I've lost! I'm hoping that, if anything, they let me phase off properly. I know, I know.... I'm probably worrying about the wrong thing..... or even worrying needlessly. I'm just a mess this morning, almost on the verge of panic.

I hope this turns out to be a minor thing! Gad you are going in to find out what is going on.

I got on the scale today and....150's!! 158.4 so happy to hit this. I know every loss is important, but this seems a big psychological point to me. :yay:

prettyone
05-03-2012, 08:56 AM
Good morning All.

Today is WI#2 and Im not feeling the excitement this week. My "moody" mind is saying that I wont lose. Man these mood swings suck lol. This is too much but regardless of what the mood is right now I will continue to be OP 100%. Im going to fight the mood and the weight. Have a good day.

Sewmam
05-03-2012, 09:05 AM
needlessly. I'm just a mess this morning, almost on the verge of panic.

Good luck on the diagnosis, Dakin. At least you caught it early. Maybe there is something that can be adjusted in meds or diet that doesn't require completely giving up IP.

I got on the scale today and....150's!! 158.4 so happy to hit this. I know every loss is important, but this seems a big psychological point to me. :yay:

Congratulations, Samba! I know the feeling....

---

Good morning everybody! Up and at 'em!!! :carrot:

Friends are coming over this afternoon to help carry shelves up from the basement for my garage sale next weekend...stuff that is too hard for one person to carry up the stairs. It rained on and off yesterday so I painted, stopped, helped a friend with a stalled car, painted, stopped...one of those days...

Just realized I have a doctor's apptmt this morning so I gotta run...

May you all have perfectly lovely Thursdays!!!

Sewmam
05-03-2012, 09:07 AM
Good morning All.

Today is WI#2 and Im not feeling the excitement this week. My "moody" mind is saying that I wont lose. Man these mood swings suck lol. This is too much but regardless of what the mood is right now I will continue to be OP 100%. Im going to fight the mood and the weight. Have a good day.

Good luck Prettyone and hopefully the mood swings will pass...soon. :)

Cadu
05-03-2012, 09:08 AM
Good morning IP family!

I am glad you called the doc right away. try not to worry until there is something to worry about. Good luck.

YAY Samba.. It is so wonderful when we hit those personal goals. Good for you.

Cadu
05-03-2012, 09:09 AM
Good morning All.

Good luck at WI. I bet you do fine..

Kaypix
05-03-2012, 09:17 AM
Used my one and only Ketostix today and that puppy was bright purple! Hip hip hooray!!! Although I feel almost sick. Sweaty and hot all over, keep getting thirsty (drank almost 20 oz of water since waking up 15 min ago, and still thirsty). I ate a restricted yesterday after dinner to see if that'd help; nope. Any thoughts? I had all my vitamins and salt/oil yesterday, but was exhausted by 9pm, same as the night before. I almost feel like I have the flu it's so bizarre, was wondering if walking is what did it, but that seems awfully silly doesn't it?

MaMaZu
05-03-2012, 09:22 AM
I hope this turns out to be a minor thing! Gad you are going in to find out what is going on.

The 150s, congratulations! I can't WAIT until I am there too!

atho128
05-03-2012, 09:31 AM
Just had my WI and I'm down 7.6 lbs!!!!!!!!!!!! I have never lost that much weight in one week in my entire life!! SO HAPPY!!

usmcvet
Just had weigh in #5. Had to use a different scale. Down 5.2#'s and another scale victory is it was the normal scale not the big boy/girl scale. I've been over weight limit on it for a long time. My scale in my BDay suit at home read 410 so that's good to know.

Have a good day!

3sisters

I can't wait to see the 170's again, let alone the 150's! Seems like a far-off dream, but if you can do it, so can I! Thanks for fueling my motivation! :)

mtnsun4
05-03-2012, 09:45 AM
Good morning IP family!

Dakin- Hope everything works out fine for you. I have never had this happen but best wishes for a speedy diagnosis and recovery!
Off to another busy day! One positive note I can say about my job is that every day is something new- never redundant and never boring. Have a great day all!:)

prettyone
05-03-2012, 09:52 AM
Good luck Prettyone and hopefully the mood swings will pass...soon. :)
Thank Sewman. Its funny cause one minute Im in a rough mood the next Im fine :dizzy:
Good luck at WI. I bet you do fine..

Thanks Cadu, I will post once I get home.

smile2laugh
05-03-2012, 10:04 AM
Good Morning Everyone,

Congratulations on those WIs - it's going to be a good day!
Dakin- don't panic , it's probably a UTI & if not your seeing the doc right away so your on it. Keeping my fingers crossed for you!
I have WI this afternoon - not feeling like I lost though . Also keeping my fingers crossed! How will I teach my students with all my fingers crossed?
LOL Have a wonderful day IPeeps!

mom3girls63
05-03-2012, 10:04 AM
Good Morning Everyone! It is another beautiful day.

Today, my goal is to just focus, stay on plan, look toward my goal and not get mired down in the muck of where I am right now (weight wise). I will overcome this!

Everyone have a great day!

CkM
05-03-2012, 10:10 AM
Good Morning! Up and at em early today! I hope everyone has a great OP day! Day 6 for me. Finally started chewing some sugar free gum in the afternoon to curb some cravings to munch! Hopefully it doesn't negatively affet me! Good luck to everyone who weighs in today!

Samba
05-03-2012, 10:12 AM
The 150s, congratulations! I can't WAIT until I am there too!

You'll be there so soon!

I can't wait to see the 170's again, let alone the 150's! Seems like a far-off dream, but if you can do it, so can I! Thanks for fueling my motivation! :)

You bet you can do it !! :cheer:

CkM
05-03-2012, 10:12 AM
Good Morning Everyone! Well I am proud to say i survived day 1 OP 100%. Was not sure if I could do it but I did. Yeah!!! One day closer to WI #1. :carrot:

YAY!! Staying on plan this first week has been challenging for me. Other than a stick of gum I have not strayed. The end result keeps me motivated!! This board does wonders, so use it all the time! Good Luck!

CkM
05-03-2012, 10:14 AM

What a great accomplishment! I cannot wait to get into the 150's. In my previous diets I always plateaued right aroun 165! I share your same excitement towards this goal!!Keep up the good work!

MaggieD
05-03-2012, 10:21 AM
Good morning, fellow IPers! I am very anxious today because I am getting braces installed on my teeth today. The ortho has warned me that my mouth/teeth will be very sore for 2-3 weeks and so I will only be able to eat soft foods (no biting/chewing). As a result of this, my coach is delaying moving me to Phase 2 so I can continue on more shake, pudding and soup packets. But I don't know how I can stay OP for my evening protein meal. I'm OK mincing my veggies and adding to IP soups for lunch, but how to eat meat without chewing? Can anyone provide me with suggestions? I may just have to replace the dinner protein with a 4th packet.

Oh one other interesting tidbit--my doc said for me to take up to 3 ibuprofens regularly to help with the pain. Turns out that in reading labels, Advil has sucrose in it! Who knew? I bought Motrin instead because it seems to be sugar-free.

rvingprincess
05-03-2012, 10:32 AM
Had my WI last night 1 lb. gone. I was a little bummed at just 1 lb. but after losing 14lbs. in 10 days I guess I should have expected a small loss. But hey, it is still a loss, I am going to own that, a loss is a loss now matter how big or small. The first thing I thought of was 1 lb. ugh! maybe I should of had some of the pizza, donuts, cake or cookies that were floating around the office this past week, but then I quickly snapped out of it as I might not of even lost the 1 lb. if I had of induldged. So I'm good today on track and determined to stay 100% OP and maybe next week I will get a visit from the swoosh fairy. I wish everyone a great OP day, stay grounded and enjoy this beautiful day.

angie773
05-03-2012, 10:33 AM

your weight loss is amazing! i have not been able to lose more than 5#. good job!

mylastdiet
05-03-2012, 10:35 AM
I'm back, because I forgot to ask these earlier this morning (had my coffee, so now I am thinking more clearly.). First, the only WF barbecue sauce I have seen in my stores is the regular. Everyone seems to prefer the Thick and Spicy. Are any of you finding Thick and Spicy on the shelf? Or are you having to order it online?

Second, I bought Splenda sweetened bread and butter pickles yesterday, made by Mt. Olive. For you pickle eaters, are you counting these towards your 4 cups of veggies?

Thanks in advance!

angie773
05-03-2012, 10:36 AM
Good morning! Had my WI yesterday after a rough week of not being op. However, i did manage to lose 2 lbs and 2 in off my waist. I am happy that i didnt do damage but if this was me cheating imagine the results if i had stayed op?! I am hoping to hit ONEderland this month.

How much water do i need for the wildberry yogurt? have a great day ladies!

rvingprincess
05-03-2012, 10:37 AM
Good morning, fellow IPers! I am very anxious today because I am getting braces installed on my teeth today. The ortho has warned me that my mouth/teeth will be very sore for 2-3 weeks and so I will only be able to eat soft foods (no biting/chewing). As a result of this, my coach is delaying moving me to Phase 2 so I can continue on more shake, pudding and soup packets. But I don't know how I can stay OP for my evening protein meal. I'm OK mincing my veggies and adding to IP soups for lunch, but how to eat meat without chewing? Can anyone provide me with suggestions? I may just have to replace the dinner protein with a 4th packet.

Oh one other interesting tidbit--my doc said for me to take up to 3 ibuprofens regularly to help with the pain. Turns out that in reading labels, Advil has sucrose in it! Who knew? I bought Motrin instead because it seems to be sugar-free.

My coach actually told me last night at my WI that I could substitute 2 or 3 boiled eggs for my evening protien instead of fish, chicken etc. so that could be something you could eat easily and then just steam veggies so they are soft. Good luck with the braces, my 2 daughters got braces but they still could eat everything just a little tender. I hope this helps.

Momto2cs
05-03-2012, 10:39 AM
I'm back, because I forgot to ask these earlier this morning (had my coffee, so now I am thinking more clearly.). First, the only WF barbecue sauce I have seen in my stores is the regular. Everyone seems to prefer the Thick and Spicy. Are any of you finding Thick and Spicy on the shelf? Or are you having to order it online?

Second, I bought Splenda sweetened bread and butter pickles yesterday, made by Mt. Olive. For you pickle eaters, are you counting these towards your 4 cups of veggies?

Thanks in advance!

I like the regular and the honey. They are all good!

If I eat a dill pickle or 2 I don't count it...but maybe sweetened pickles are different.

Off to have my usual shake and then to the gym. It is a sunny day in Alberta! Maybe spring is here to stay!

Daydreamer73
05-03-2012, 10:42 AM
Good morning ladies! This is my first post here and I'm really excited I found this site. I just had my 5th weigh in yesterday and the scale didn't move one bit :devil::devil:

I lost about an inch (which is good :carrot::carrot:) but I'm a little down in the dumps. Is it normal to go a week without any loss? :?::?: My weight loss has been as follows:

w1= -7
w2= -3.1
w3= -3.2
w4= -4.1
w5= -0

There was absolutely no cheating either.... I'm bumming a little but I'm not discouraged ---- yet.

Darralyn
05-03-2012, 10:47 AM
Originally Posted by Dakin

Good morning IP family!

Good luck you are in my prayers. I have bllod in urine from urinary tract infections, maybe it is only this??? Please keep us posted. Hugs!

evepet
05-03-2012, 10:50 AM
Good morning IP family!

I understand feeling panicky, but try not to stress too much until you know what's happening. It's quite probable to be something quite minor. Good thing you're able to get to your Dr this quickly so you can get to the bottom of it and ease your mind.

Good morning All.

Hang in there Prettyone. Remember those bad moods mean things are working!

Fantastic!! And I totally understand your feelings. I'll be dancing around my livingroom on the day I get down into the 150's. Congrats! :carrot:

Just had my WI and I'm down 7.6 lbs!!!!!!!!!!!! I have never lost that much weight in one week in my entire life!! SO HAPPY!!

Super - great WI. You're on your way.... :)

Just had weigh in #6. Had to use a different scale. Down 5.2#'s and another scale victory is it was the normal scale not the big boy/girl scale. I've been over weight limit on it for a long time. My scale in my BDay suit at home read 410 so that's good to know.
Have a good day!

That is great usmcvet. Great weight loss... and it must have felt so good to get weighted on the normal scale. You are doing so well. I'm proud of you. :hug:

You could substitute eggs for a couple of evening meals - they'd be softer to chew, etc. I believe we're allowed 4 per week. That might help at least for the first two evenings after you get the braces in. And perhaps steam and blend the veggies for a day or two and turn them into a soup? I found a tetra packed beef broth in a local supermarket that is 0 fat/0carbs/0sugars... it does have 5 cals per 2/3 cup though, so it's not strictly 100% OP. To be honest I haven't used it yet because of that, but it's the closest I've ever found to the 000 requirement so I picked up a container 'just in case' ... I'd be awfully tempted to use it in your situation, as a base for a soup for a couple of days. Not something I'd want to do frequently, but it might serve your purpose for a day or two. Or another thought that is totally 100% OP.... blend cucumber, with a smaller amount of celery, a couple of cloves of garlic, and a tbsp or so of WF mayo and lemon juice. You end up with something along the lines of tzatiki. I've made that before and really liked it. (I have WF honey mayo but any plan-appropriate mayo would be ok) While it's a slightly different flavor combination with scrambled eggs, it would definitely jazz them up.

Or how about just making your veggies into 'green smoothies' for a few days? They're surprisingly good. If you google you'll find lots of recipes, but basically you blend spinach, celery, cucumber, parsley, etc., with some water in your blender.

And I also found the last part of your post interesting about the sucrose in Advil - just shows how careful we have to be about checking labels! thanks for the warning.

MaggieD
My coach actually told me last night at my WI that I could substitute 2 or 3 boiled eggs for my evening protien instead of fish, chicken etc. so that could be something you could eat easily and then just steam veggies so they are soft. Good luck with the braces, my 2 daughters got braces but they still could eat everything just a little tender. I hope this helps.

Thanks so much for the response, rvingprincess. Unfortunately, I am allergic to eggs (egg yolks seem to be the problem, egg whites seem to be OK), so I don't know that this solution will work for me. i really appreciate the words of support as I am very scared about the pain.

Darralyn
Well if I would read better; I see you are concerned about UTI, sorry. Hopefully you don't have to quit IP. :-(

Up North Girl
05-03-2012, 10:52 AM

HI Karen,
I, too, am just starting out, and the idea of months and months of eating like this is overwhelming. Just like AA, i keep chanting, "just one day at a time." I am trying REALLY hard to not look too far ahead.

Up North Girl
05-03-2012, 10:59 AM

Wow, Samba, 158!!!!! Your stats are close to mine, so I follow your progress closely. 158 is a REALLY big deal. I would be soooo proud to be there. Congrats!! (And don't let me down-- you're one of my role models.)

MaggieD
05-03-2012, 10:59 AM
evepet, thanks for the response on my braces conundrum. As I just posted, eggs aren't an option for me other than egg whites. The beef broth might be viable, though, I hadn't thought of that. Thanks for the idea! I've been over-steaming and mincing veggies for all my meals this week and am comfortable I'll be able to get them in (maybe not the lettuce), just that 5-8 oz dinner protein that really worries me! I'm glad this is happening at the end of Phase 1, but hope I don't inadvertently mess things up too bad. At least I should still be in ketosis.

CassiR
05-03-2012, 11:01 AM
Thanks so much for the response, rvingprincess. Unfortunately, I am allergic to eggs (egg yolks seem to be the problem, egg whites seem to be OK), so I don't know that this solution will work for me. i really appreciate the words of support as I am very scared about the pain.

You can do a liquid egg white omelet, or even add the liquid egg whites to your IP omelet if you have one. Aim for around 30-40g of protein. My coach said a packet or two is fine to sub the evening meat. Good Luck!

wuv2bloved
05-03-2012, 11:02 AM

Thanks in advance!
I find my Thick and spicey and also the Honey flavored on the shelves at Rouse's, I don't know if y'all have one there. As far as the bread and butter pickles, I don't count them because I only have a few if I want to nibble:)

Good morning ladies! This is my first post here and I'm really excited I found this site. I just had my 5th weigh in yesterday and the scale didn't move one bit :devil::devil:

I lost about an inch (which is good :carrot::carrot:) but I'm a little down in the dumps. Is it normal to go a week without any loss? :?::?: My weight loss has been as follows:

w1= -7
w2= -3.1
w3= -3.2
w4= -4.1
w5= -0

There was absolutely no cheating either.... I'm bumming a little but I'm not discouraged ---- yet.

Body is adjusting don't be bummed, you will have a loss next week.

USMC...I remember when I went to the Dr and his scale wouldn't go over 350 so they wouldn't even bother weighing me. Now I ask to get on it if I am going in for something....lol...funny how those little things can change a person :)...congrats on the victory!

sanaroph
05-03-2012, 11:02 AM
Congratulations to all the losers today and may the whoosh fairy visit those who go to the scales later today

I am in a better place today and want to thank those who supported me. :hug: The person who said it was a stress reaction was spot on and I think I was protein deprived as I ended up taking a 4th packet and felt wayyyyy better. I was proud that I stayed 100% OP despite the temptation when I baked cupcakes for DD's class for her birthday.

I went to the supermarket yesterday to get fruit for the family totally forgetting that we have food co op pickup today. So the kids & hubby will be eating lots of apples (and juiced apples) and tons of veggies that are restricted for me while I have the benefit of the kale & turnips :carrot:

While in the supermarket I saw a product called XYLA made from xylitol. I know Stevia is used sometimes when making mugcakes and wondered if this is a good substitute-

What I have also learned is I am not a good cook when making IP crepes, pancakes to turn into wraps kinda things so will just give it up, trade in the soup mixes for drinks & herb cheese omelettes and stick to mug cakes :p

Have a fantastic IP day :angel: :dust:

prettyone
05-03-2012, 11:04 AM
Hang in there Prettyone. Remember those bad moods mean things are working!

Thanks evepet for the encouragement I surely need it right now. I just feel like I havent lost anything this time.

sanaroph
05-03-2012, 11:07 AM
Oops forgot to mention I got m WF shipment yesterday :carrot: I can now finally try the BBQ sauces!

LizRR
05-03-2012, 11:07 AM
Howdy folks, at the Dr. Waiting to get bloodwork/monthly IP checkup. This week has sucked - my allergies are kicking in, barely slept with the hacking, hubby has been out of town all week too so in my rush to get out the door with the baby I have forgotten my lunch 2x this week! I am taking some sick time today and try to catch up on sleep, and hubs comes back tonight! Yeah, I miss that guy!

ETA: WI is tomorrow @ 1pm, but the Dr scale said 176...we will see what a day and a half does.

sanaroph
05-03-2012, 11:09 AM
Thanks evepet for the encouragement I surely need it right now. I just feel like I havent lost anything this time.

:hug: Your body is shifting. I felt that way one week and I lost weight! The scale at my center and home is different so it is hard for me to really gauge a change.

btw I wear the same clothes for weigh in so I can consistently see how much weight I have lost. crazy but true :D

Kaypix
05-03-2012, 11:10 AM

Smooshy proteins that are manageable would be your fishes (may get caught in braces, use the brush guy to get out from the metal), tuna is great for this, also boiled eggs, tofu (i think that counts as protein?) and shredded anything, shredded chicken etc. is great.

Something that I did while on braces was clench my teeth for a second, and then let them up and the pressure relieved all the pain for a little bit. Best wishes to you for the braces, I had mine for 18 months and wouldn't want to go back!

evepet
05-03-2012, 11:10 AM

w1= -7
w2= -3.1
w3= -3.2
w4= -4.1
w5= -0

From what I've read on here, it's quite normal to have a week of low or no loss while your body adjusts. Bear in mind that you're still averaging 3.48 lbs/week weight loss on average. You're doing great! Hang in there. I'm just going into week 6 too, and am averaging 2.84 lbs lost/wk. I'm envious! LOL. But I've really come to believe that we have to take the long view on this weight loss journey, and not sweat the individual WIs too much.

sanaroph
05-03-2012, 11:13 AM
Smooshy proteins that are manageable would be your fishes (may get caught in braces, use the brush guy to get out from the metal), tuna is great for this, also boiled eggs, tofu (i think that counts as protein?) and shredded anything, shredded chicken etc. is great.

Something that I did while on braces was clench my teeth for a second, and then let them up and the pressure relieved all the pain for a little bit. Best wishes to you for the braces, I had mine for 18 months and wouldn't want to go back!

Fish is great because it is soft. Also it would be good to invest in a water pik to floss in between the braces and such. My daughter has one and it helps her a great deal!

doublebaby
05-03-2012, 11:24 AM

Maggie,
You may find that it won't be as uncomfortable for as long as your ortho is stating either. As with IP, everyone is different in their discomfort level when they get braces on. Just be sure to take the ibuprofen REGULARLY for the first few days and then see how it is. I hope you are pleasantly surprised!
As for your protein, what about a roast chicken? They are usually pretty soft and you can cut them up into small pieces to put in your mouth (actually on your chewing surface) instead of letting it get caught up in the brackets and wires too much (can you tell I have worked in this field in the past?). You could also add a bit of WF any flavor mayo to make a soft chicken salad with some other soft steamed veggies in there to help. Usually we would say potatos, jello to patients so this takes some creative thinking for protein! The white omelet I thought of but was already mentioned. If you like fish that is a pretty soft alternative. I think there are recipes out there for salmon patties or you can also mix up some tuna like the chicken salad. Good luck and let us know how it goes.

MustangMolly
05-03-2012, 11:28 AM
I do county my pickles toward my veggies. Especially if I am making the Big Mac Bowl, 1/4 cup pickles and 1/4 cup onions adds up!

Tripmama
05-03-2012, 11:29 AM
Good morning all,

Just on the journey of losing weight for the last time. Hope you all have a great day!

DanafromAustin
05-03-2012, 11:29 AM
Good morning IP family!

Don't panic! I always have blood in my urine when I get a UTI, which thankfully isn't too often. In the meantime take deep breaths.:hug:

Congrats!!! I'm trying to get into the 170's, so I know the importance of crossing over to a new decade.
Fantastic! :carrot::carrot::carrot:
Just had weigh in #6. Had to use a different scale. Down 5.2#'s and another scale victory is it was the normal scale not the big boy/girl scale. I've been over weight limit on it for a long time. My scale in my BDay suit at home read 410 so that's good to know.

Have a good day!
Great weight loss!!

Your teeth will be sore for a few days, and until you can bite down on more things I would just have a packet for dinner and not worry about it.

w1= -7
w2= -3.1
w3= -3.2
w4= -4.1
w5= -0

Your body is just adjusting to your great weight losses. I bet next week you will be a happy camper on the scale again.

I hope everyone is having a good Thursday so far. Just the regular mom stuff around here today. I homeschool my youngest (14 years old), and we are just trying to wrap up some school stuff before calling it quits for the school year. I know both of us are more than ready for a summer break. Today he is also going rock climbing for his outdoor P.E. class. I remember P.E. in high school as wearing this silly looking uniform and just running around a field. He gets to mountain bike, rock climb, paddle board and kayaking. The beauty of homeschooling!

Happy OP Thursday everyone!:hug:

sunshinered
05-03-2012, 11:31 AM
:coffee: Good morning everyone! Up and enjoying my coffee before I start working.

I just have to share my great dinner last night! I finally had the nerve to try the rutabaga I purchased (never had one before), so I decided to experiment before throwing it out. I cut it into thin strips about half the size of fries and threw them into a pan with a little olive oil. After they softened I added 8 oz. very lean ground beef to the same pan and began browning the beef. I added onion powder, garlic powder, and some Tony Chachere's.

It was soooo yummy!:drool: It kinda-sorta had a hash consistency. I can imagine this would be very versitile, epecially using different spices each time. I think the next time I make it, I will use curry powder!

Have a great OP day!

Yum. Sounds fabulous!

kle
05-03-2012, 11:39 AM
I have to start this morning off by thank all of u for the support on here and who took the time to respond to me and give me their input. It is very appreciated and your words go a long ways! I, today am going to try 4 proteins (packs) and see if that helps me. I slept good lastnight and woke up very optimistic. Everybody have a great day!

MaggieD
05-03-2012, 11:56 AM
You can do a liquid egg white omelet, or even add the liquid egg whites to your IP omelet if you have one. Aim for around 30-40g of protein. My coach said a packet or two is fine to sub the evening meat. Good Luck!

Egg white omelet--I have never thought about that in my 50+ years! Thanks for cluing me in. I don't have any IP omelet packets, but don't mind trying to make an egg white omelet from scratch--adding in lots of minced veggies.

MaggieD
05-03-2012, 12:04 PM

Thanks so much for the tips, Kaypix. I have bought some tilapia and grouper filets, thinking that fish is my best bet. My coach won't let me eat tuna or salmon, if it is the kind that's cannedpackaged, even in water (she says it is processed and thus not allowed). I'll try and see if my local market carries or will make shredded chicken for me--going there in a few minutes! I've been using the "teeth clenching" thing while I've had the spacers in. So good to know that will work with the actual braces too! I know the next 18-24 months will be brutal, but I will be happy with the results in the end--kind of like IP: have to focus on the end result that makes it worth the suffering!

Kaypix
05-03-2012, 12:07 PM
Well I'm at work for the day, taking a break and sipping some water. 32 oz down so far today and it's feeling like it's not going to be slowing down much...high of 83 degrees here and I'm still going on my walk at lunch, dangit. I'll eat my lunch, or drink it rather, prior to leaving for my walk, and will hit the veggies when I get back. Still feel really dehydrated, using lotion on my hands and arms like it's going out of style, but at least the hot flashes went away...I'm 27, I shouldn't be having hot flashes...could it be hormones getting released into my blood stream?

Anyways, I hope ya'll have a great day, will respond to posts during my lunch break, peace out!

~Kara

MaggieD
05-03-2012, 12:09 PM
Fish is great because it is soft. Also it would be good to invest in a water pik to floss in between the braces and such. My daughter has one and it helps her a great deal!

Thanks, sanaroph, for the tips. I bought a waterpick ultra cordless just last week! I'm not very good with it yet, but practice will make perfect. I'm glad to learn that it really helps-that provides extra incentive for me to use it. I think that I am going to finally learn how to cook fish now given how many have suggested it as a best bet for me!

ProteinGal
05-03-2012, 12:15 PM
On my first day at the clinic, i originally bought myself a IP Shaker, but don't care for it, its really hard to snap down the little lid thats on the very top, maybe mine is a faulty one. So I bought myself two Tupperware shakers and prefer them much better, they are so much easier to use, easier to read the measurement and easy to clean.

Have a great day!

MaggieD
05-03-2012, 12:20 PM
Maggie,
You may find that it won't be as uncomfortable for as long as your ortho is stating either. As with IP, everyone is different in their discomfort level when they get braces on. Just be sure to take the ibuprofen REGULARLY for the first few days and then see how it is. I hope you are pleasantly surprised!
As for your protein, what about a roast chicken? They are usually pretty soft and you can cut them up into small pieces to put in your mouth (actually on your chewing surface) instead of letting it get caught up in the brackets and wires too much (can you tell I have worked in this field in the past?). You could also add a bit of WF any flavor mayo to make a soft chicken salad with some other soft steamed veggies in there to help. Usually we would say potatos, jello to patients so this takes some creative thinking for protein! The white omelet I thought of but was already mentioned. If you like fish that is a pretty soft alternative. I think there are recipes out there for salmon patties or you can also mix up some tuna like the chicken salad. Good luck and let us know how it goes.

doublebaby, thanks so much for all the words of encouragement and advice. Do you think a roast chicken bought from the store already cooked is OK? If I remove the skin, does that mitigate any risk they've used butter and any other Non-OP things in prepapring it? I have never roasted a chicken myself. i stocked up this week on IP Potatoe Puree and Raspberry Jello--already have a bunch of jello servings in the fridge waiting for me. I do so hope you're right and the pain isn't as bad or as long as ortho has suggested. I have bought 2 LARGE bottles of Motrin and know from when I had the shingles to take painkillers regularly and stay ahead of the pain. I'll keep you posted as I feel good enough to post. Just 2 more hours left until the big event. . .

prettyone
05-03-2012, 12:23 PM
:hug: Your body is shifting. I felt that way one week and I lost weight! The scale at my center and home is different so it is hard for me to really gauge a change.

btw I wear the same clothes for weigh in so I can consistently see how much weight I have lost. crazy but true :D

Thanks Sanaroph, I think Im just going through the motions. I really want to see my WI today. Maybe it will get me out the funk Im in. Usually on diets I always do well with loss the first wk then nothing. So its discouraging. Im really going to try to stick in there and get it done. I have on the same thing I had on last wk WI.

jaymeskelt
05-03-2012, 12:28 PM
Good Morning Ladies!!! My pants fit today! Woohoo! Granted they aren't my goal pants but no muffin top in these pants today and I'm only on day 6! I have to say the first 5 days were horrible. I feel good right now so i'm hoping for a feel good afternoon. That's when the symptoms have been hitting me. I go for my first WI today! Can't wait to change my current wait! One of life's simple pleasures at the moment:)

doublebaby
05-03-2012, 12:34 PM
doublebaby, thanks so much for all the words of encouragement and advice. Do you think a roast chicken bought from the store already cooked is OK? If I remove the skin, does that mitigate any risk they've used butter and any other Non-OP things in prepapring it? I have never roasted a chicken myself. i stocked up this week on IP Potatoe Puree and Raspberry Jello--already have a bunch of jello servings in the fridge waiting for me. I do so hope you're right and the pain isn't as bad or as long as ortho has suggested. I have bought 2 LARGE bottles of Motrin and know from when I had the shingles to take painkillers regularly and stay ahead of the pain. I'll keep you posted as I feel good enough to post. Just 2 more hours left until the big event. . .

Yes, (going by my coach). If I am away, visiting someone who I know is making a carb meal or I'm in a hurry for dinner that night I will pick up a roast chicken for my protein. I just remove the skin and keep to the breast area. I get the basic one meaning the non flavored ones that sometimes they have. Just plain roasted. I have never had a problem with it in regards to my weight loss. To be honest I guess I have never looked at the ingredients. My coach suggested it as an option when we were talking about quick things. I'm sure making one can't be that hard either:) Sounds like you are all set. Taking your Motrin now wouldn't be a bad idea either (just my opinion).

Shortcake224
05-03-2012, 12:40 PM
Hi All, Hate to be on a down note but I have been struggling for this past week. Don't know if I should stop the program. I am having severe issues with the "Big C", and I am miserable. I have had to take citrate magnesium last week and this week I took ducolax. The clinic I go to recommended lower bowel cleanse, but that did not work at all. I have had by gallbladder out for almost 30 years, and the pain is feeling almost like an attack. Has anyone else experienced this?

ferrousgal
05-03-2012, 01:08 PM
Only day 3, but I'm down on my scale to 212.5, a number I haven't seen for a month or so. All my weigh ins will be on my scale as I am going rogue without a clinic, so it's encouraging to already see 3 lbs. I just feel a lot more dedicated to this plan than retrying Atkins the last few years. Plus it's great seeing all the losses from the posters here. Helps me keep in perspective and keep my eyes on the prize.

Last night for dinner I tried the ratatouille recipe from the recipes thread. I forgot to get eggplant and ended up subbing cabbage, extra zucchini, and extra mushrooms, but it was super good. I still have half the recipe to heat up and eat at lunch today.

Does anyone find that they are really gassy initially? Last two nights were pretty bad. Just wondering if my body will adjust or if I'll just be a wandering gas cloud when it gets to bedtime.

Ng951
05-03-2012, 01:09 PM
Morning everyone I am down another 3lbs this week and guess what I am finally out of the 200's yippie. I am so pleased after the weekend I had with a really sick brother who I am his healthcare proxy. I did not eat off my plan and all my family went above and beyond to help me through his admission. I was determined to stay 100%. In the past my coping would have been the vending machines. I am so grateful thanks everyone! Nancy :)

Ng951
05-03-2012, 01:11 PM
I have a question a few weeks ago someone posted where you can order ideal protein on line. The prices are cheaper and free shipping. Help Nancy

Samba
05-03-2012, 01:13 PM
I had some bad C, yes. miserable.

I take psyllium fiber every day. I put Miralax in it sometimes also. Plenty of ice cubes, Mio and a straw. Breakfast of champions. I am not always regular, but very much better. I hope you can find something that works. When I was in the midst of it, I had to use Fleets enemas and suppositories to rescue the situation!!

NSV--getting ready to go out. Put on some make up. Ready for the blush. Holy Max Factor, Batman! Cheekbones! Actually had a landmarks as to where to put it!

Then...I put a new-to-me wide belt on top of my blouse. Unheard of!:carrot:

usmcvet
05-03-2012, 01:15 PM
Lots of good number out there. My IP clinic bought a new scale so I can start doing WI there, that will save me a trip to my MD once a week. I did my first WI at the clinic and thought it was #6 but it was only #5. My IP Doc said she thought I could keep a 25# a month pace up through summer. That would be FREAKING AWESOME. I will be happy with 20# a month. I could be down a full size person (150#) by the end of summer.

Have I told ya I love IP and 3fc!

Busymomx4
05-03-2012, 01:24 PM
Hi All, Hate to be on a down note but I have been struggling for this past week. Don't know if I should stop the program. I am having severe issues with the "Big C", and I am miserable. I have had to take citrate magnesium last week and this week I took ducolax. The clinic I go to recommended lower bowel cleanse, but that did not work at all. I have had by gallbladder out for almost 30 years, and the pain is feeling almost like an attack. Has anyone else experienced this?

Hi, i've been dealing with major C issues since starting IP. I tried everything and lately was taking 4 floralax, 2 novilax and 4 probiotics a day and still wasn't going regularly. This past week i got the Dieter's tea and holly cow its amazing. The past 2 days i've cut out all other products and am still going and even had to cut the tea to twice a day vs 3 times. So i strongly suggest you buy it (i only found it at a healthfood store).

Kaypix
05-03-2012, 01:28 PM
NSV--getting ready to go out. Put on some make up. Ready for the blush. Holy Max Factor, Batman! Cheekbones! Actually had a landmarks as to where to put it!

hehe love the spinoff from Batman...I think I had cheekbones...once ... a long long time ago...

Daydreamer73
05-03-2012, 01:29 PM
From what I've read on here, it's quite normal to have a week of low or no loss while your body adjusts. Bear in mind that you're still averaging 3.48 lbs/week weight loss on average. You're doing great! Hang in there. I'm just going into week 6 too, and am averaging 2.84 lbs lost/wk. I'm envious! LOL. But I've really come to believe that we have to take the long view on this weight loss journey, and not sweat the individual WIs too much.

Thanks so much for the reply. I will try to take your feedback wisely regarding the WIs. It's nice to see someone with similar stats on the same week :hug: Keep up the great work yourself seester!!!!

shathom
05-03-2012, 01:32 PM
Good morning everyone!

Today is WI #3 at 11:00. I'm so excited (can you imagine being excited to get on a scale???). I will check in later. Have a great OP day.

Shelia
Just got back from WI, lost another 5 lbs, that makes 22.5 lost in 3 weeks!

mylastdiet
05-03-2012, 01:35 PM

That's great!

Ng951
05-03-2012, 01:37 PM

Great job! I love getting on the scale now. Thank god for ideal protein :)

Daydreamer73
05-03-2012, 01:37 PM

THAT'S AMAZING!!! Congrats! :cheer3:

Cole3
05-03-2012, 01:40 PM
Did awesome at WI# 4 ... down another 4.5 pounds so 16 total!! Yay !!!! So happy I found something that actually works ... and so grateful I found this board to keep me going!!!

shathom
05-03-2012, 01:41 PM
Thanks for all of the support:hug: Good luck to everyone in staying OP today!

evepet
05-03-2012, 01:45 PM
Morning everyone I am down another 3lbs this week and guess what I am finally out of the 200's yippie. I am so pleased after the weekend I had with a really sick brother who I am his healthcare proxy. I did not eat off my plan and all my family went above and beyond to help me through his admission. I was determined to stay 100%. In the past my coping would have been the vending machines. I am so grateful thanks everyone! Nancy :)

That was great committment through such a period of family stress. Proud of you. It's wonderful that your family is so supportive. It feels so great to be out of the 200's doesn't it! Congrats. :hug: You can do this!

I have a question a few weeks ago someone posted where you can order ideal protein on line. The prices are cheaper and free shipping. Help Nancy

Here's the link:

http://buyproteinfood.com/index.php?

I had some bad C, yes. miserable.

I take psyllium fiber every day. I put Miralax in it sometimes also. Plenty of ice cubes, Mio and a straw. Breakfast of champions. I am not always regular, but very much better. I hope you can find something that works. When I was in the midst of it, I had to use Fleets enemas and suppositories to rescue the situation!!

Whoo-hoo! Great NSVs. Cheekbones!... and Wide Belt on Top of Blouse! :)

Lots of good number out there. My IP clinic bought a new scale so I can start doing WI there, that will save me a trip to my MD once a week. I did my first WI at the clinic and thought it was #6 but it was only #5. My IP Doc said she thought I could keep a 25# a month pace up through summer. That would be FREAKING AWESOME. I will be happy with 20# a month. I could be down a full size person (150#) by the end of summer.

Wow - that's great! Freaking Awesome indeed! P.S. I hope you're keeping a picture diary? As you said - you're going to be a full size person smaller by the end of summer.

Thanks so much for the reply. I will try to take your feedback wisely regarding the WIs. It's nice to see someone with similar stats on the same week :hug: Keep up the great work yourself seester!!!!

I was thinking the same thing. I don't know of too many for sure who are right at the 6th week mark here. I think we're the same height too? Interesting to compare results.

Tripmama
05-03-2012, 01:52 PM
I homeschool my youngest (14 years old), and we are just trying to wrap up some school stuff before calling it quits for the school year. I know both of us are more than ready for a summer break. Today he is also going rock climbing for his outdoor P.E. class. I remember P.E. in high school as wearing this silly looking uniform and just running around a field. He gets to mountain bike, rock climb, paddle board and kayaking. The beauty of homeschooling!

Happy OP Thursday everyone!:hug:

I homeschooled for a few years...loved it!:D

I have to start this morning off by thank all of u for the support on here and who took the time to respond to me and give me their input. It is very appreciated and your words go a long ways! I, today am going to try 4 proteins (packs) and see if that helps me. I slept good lastnight and woke up very optimistic. Everybody have a great day!

This forum does have great support.:comp:

Enjoy Onederland...can't wait to get there. :cheer3:

:rofl:

I love it too!

:bravo:

GemIAm
05-03-2012, 01:55 PM
:bubbles:Doing MUCH better today! :bubbles:

Thanks a MILLION to purple_sky, Kaypix & Chloe222 for your thoughtful words and support yesterday! :comp: It really helps to be able to reach out and share all my doubts and discoveries, and to be surrounded by a community that hears them with open hearts.

My "happy news" of today (other than the fact that I feel like a person again) is that I had my WI this morning and am down another 3.8 lbs - for a total of 56.6. On IP, my BMI has decreased from 49 to 39.

Still "Working toward Onederland"
:dust:

Happy OP Day!

Tripmama
05-03-2012, 02:01 PM

Thanks a MILLION to purple_sky, Kaypix & Chloe222 for your thoughtful words and support yesterday! :comp: It really helps to be able to reach out and share all my doubts and discoveries, and to be surrounded by a community that hears them with open hearts.

My "happy news" of today (other than the fact that I feel like a person again) is that I had my WI this morning and am down another 3.8 lbs - for a total of 56.6. On IP, my BMI has decreased from 49 to 39.

Happy OP Day!

AND 1 pound from your halfway mark...Great Job! :carrot::carrot:

shathom
05-03-2012, 02:02 PM

Thanks in advance!
Yes, I'm counting the pickles as part of the 4 cups of veggies:D

Shortcake224
05-03-2012, 02:03 PM
Hi, i've been dealing with major C issues since starting IP. I tried everything and lately was taking 4 floralax, 2 novilax and 4 probiotics a day and still wasn't going regularly. This past week i got the Dieter's tea and holly cow its amazing. The past 2 days i've cut out all other products and am still going and even had to cut the tea to twice a day vs 3 times. So i strongly suggest you buy it (i only found it at a healthfood store).

Thanks for the info. I will check to see if Whole Foods have it. Will be on the look out at lunch. Thanks Again.:)

Shortcake224
05-03-2012, 02:08 PM

I forgot to ask, what is the brand name?

shathom
05-03-2012, 02:16 PM
Did awesome at WI# 4 ... down another 4.5 pounds so 16 total!! Yay !!!! So happy I found something that actually works ... and so grateful I found this board to keep me going!!!
that is awesome!

Busymomx4
05-03-2012, 02:24 PM
I forgot to ask, what is the brand name?

From what i see when i did some research, they are a lot of different brands but they're all basically the same. Just look for dieter's tea

jcjnjj
05-03-2012, 02:44 PM
I was hesitant to post this but please be careful with dieters teas. I knew a friend who actually was dependent on them to "go". There are other ingredients in most of them as well..Hoodia, bulk producing fibers. I'm not trying to be a Debbie Downer on the subject but I wouldn't want anyone to create a problem trying to fix one.

sanaroph
05-03-2012, 02:44 PM
Our clinic recommends Smooth Move by Yogi but I think it is basically senna and senna will make you go :D

Trinique125
05-03-2012, 02:53 PM

one Tablespoon of ground flax (found at costco) in your shake in the a.m will help solve your problem

Kaypix
05-03-2012, 02:54 PM

Happy OP Day!

You are most welcome Gem :) Glad you had another fantastic loss today!! You really are movin' right along! I hope I can have your fortitude on my "weak" feeling days.

Tripmama
05-03-2012, 02:55 PM
Like 5 FB friends posted a picture of food as their update! They looked yummy, but not as yummy as thin feels! Looking forward to my radishes and lemon pudding in about an hour and a half.

Off to groom a schnauzer. Yipee...hope I don't get bit, Hiedi doesn't like groom day.

DanafromAustin
05-03-2012, 02:59 PM
Only day 3, but I'm down on my scale to 212.5, a number I haven't seen for a month or so. All my weigh ins will be on my scale as I am going rogue without a clinic, so it's encouraging to already see 3 lbs. I just feel a lot more dedicated to this plan than retrying Atkins the last few years. Plus it's great seeing all the losses from the posters here. Helps me keep in perspective and keep my eyes on the prize.

I lost on Atkins too, but nothing like I have on IP, plus I've found it so much easier to stay on IP for whatever reason.

I just saw my collar bones for the first time in years so I can relate.

Some awesome WIs today. Great job everyone!

meandmax
05-03-2012, 03:02 PM
Hello everyone....here i am again...starting all over!! After falling off the IP wagon I tried several other programs to save money...well as you can see I'm back so that means that I was NOT successful doing anything else...went for my very first weigh in today and anxious to get started and get back on track!! Looking forward to start chatting with you all and learn to master this plan.

purple sky
05-03-2012, 03:05 PM
Our clinic recommends Smooth Move by Yogi but I think it is basically senna and senna will make you go :D

It will but be careful with it if you are sensitive. I was in the bathroom too long/repeatedly and with too much discomfort but it did make me go. It just worked a bit too well for me.

Kaypix
05-03-2012, 03:14 PM
So...I realized today I'm not really "on" IP, since I'm using Atkins shakes and Wonderslim shake/pudding mixes, bars and soup stuff, but I'm still losing. I'm doing it this way to save money since I can't afford $75/week in just my breakfast/lunch/snack food PLUS the cost of dinner (being on a tight budget sucks, but my health is worth it)...her'es my question, my Atkins shake in the morning has 160 cal, 9g fat, 5g carb and 15g protein...I think it's higher fat than the IP stuff, is this going to severely hinder me do you think? It doesn't help I like the taste of Atkins more, and its cheaper...

Momto2cs
05-03-2012, 03:15 PM
I concur...senna works way too well for me. Be prepared to spend a lot of time in the bathroom!

The big c is actually often caused by a lack of sodium. Make sure you are salting everything, especially if you do not eat the soups or entrees. With adequate salt and water things should improve. Low carb dieters need sodium!!

Kaypix
05-03-2012, 03:19 PM
Sorry, I know I'm posting a lot today, call me spacy...DH just went and got lunch with "the guys" and brought me home two of those big pickles you get from like Jimmy Johns cuz he knew they were allowed *sniffle* dangit he's nice!

momof2greatcats
05-03-2012, 03:31 PM
Hey all - didn't check in yesterday as I was sick as a dog. Went to work, but they took a look at me and heard about my fever and they sent me home. Went back to bed and slept.

I feel better, not 100%, but better than Tuesday night or yesterday...

Only lost 1# at my WI, but at least it was 1# in the right direction, AND I lost inches, so that was good. Looking back at my WI numbers, it looks like I have a slow week, then a woosh week, so I guess this was the slow week...

Have a great OP day, everyone!

haddy4
05-03-2012, 03:38 PM

wow thats fantastic:D

Soootiff
05-03-2012, 03:48 PM
Waiting to have my lunch - I'm so hungry today but at least the day seems to be going by fast.

I've been debating taking tomorrow off work, just because, but I think I better not.

This morning, I did have a small, NSV, my pants are loose. Very loose. They're actually driving me crazy, but I don't feel ready to go shopping just yet.

Oh - I have 2 friends signing up for IP this week because of my success! So happy for them to get on the plan that works!

Hope everyone has a great, OP day!

smile2laugh
05-03-2012, 04:00 PM
On my first day at the clinic, i originally bought myself a IP Shaker, but don't care for it, its really hard to snap down the little lid thats on the very top, maybe mine is a faulty one. So I bought myself two Tupperware shakers and prefer them much better, they are so much easier to use, easier to read the measurement and easy to clean.

Have a great day!
I agree - those Shakers are the pits.. can't read hem & the top never stays closed (I've made a mess in the teacher's lounge a few times) Everyone says watch out she shaking again!!

Darralyn
05-03-2012, 04:03 PM
I am off to take my son out for his "birthday lunch". Will take a bar and order ceasar salad no dressing and ask for lemon wedges and olive oil on side....First time for me eating out but I don't forsee any problems!!

I cannot believe "my baby" is 38 years old!!!! Of course I have to remember that I am sort of old, too. lol

smile2laugh
05-03-2012, 04:04 PM
I was wondering ..does anyone ever get take out? Some nights I just don't want to cook - I've gotten the steamed chicken from the Chinese place but this week I had the roasted chicken from Boston Market. I mentioned it at lunch & someone said they are loaded with stuff - like oil & marinade --OH KNOW? Roasted chicken - how can that be bad?

purple sky
05-03-2012, 04:07 PM
I just saw my collar bones for the first time in years so I can relate?

Yayyy. Isn't it weird when you see/feel bones and it's a good thing.

I am seeking some alternative bar/snack suggestions. I just don't feel like spending IP bucks but I am not needing exact alternatives to IP. I just want to have some cheaper snack options around, just in case the urge hits. In the past I saw some Atkins ideas. So, please let me know what works for you. And what tastes good. The basic idea is lo carb, low fat, low or no sugar, high protein.

I can jump into the alternatives threads but I am just seeking quick snack options and not really IP alternative meal replacement.

thx

Daydreamer73
05-03-2012, 04:09 PM
Hey all - was wondering what your thoughts were on making your onions translucent for eating instead of carmelizing... is this ok? (Sorry if it is answered somewhere else in the forums)

Andie0606
05-03-2012, 04:09 PM

Not crazy; I do the same thing! I want a clear picture of my weight loss.

Andie0606
05-03-2012, 04:20 PM

I use "Laxa Tea" by Celestial Seasonings. I buy it at Wal-Mart. It is with the regular teas and coffees. I bag in the evening (it's decaf), and I'm all better the next morning.

shathom
05-03-2012, 04:21 PM
Hello everyone....here i am again...starting all over!! After falling off the IP wagon I tried several other programs to save money...well as you can see I'm back so that means that I was NOT successful doing anything else...went for my very first weigh in today and anxious to get started and get back on track!! Looking forward to start chatting with you all and learn to master this plan.
Welcome back!:carrot:

Andie0606
05-03-2012, 04:23 PM

buyproteinfood.com

Kaypix
05-03-2012, 04:33 PM
Yayyy. Isn't it weird when you see/feel bones and it's a good thing.
I am seeking some alternative bar/snack suggestions. I just don't feel like spending IP bucks but I am not needing exact alternatives to IP. I just want to have some cheaper snack options around, just in case the urge hits. In the past I saw some Atkins ideas. So, please let me know what works for you. And what tastes good. The basic idea is lo carb, low fat, low or no sugar, high protein.
thx

Purple-
Wonderslim from dietdirect has some snack bar options, same with Bariwise, directdirect.com sells the stuff. I have Atkins brownie things in my desk for treats...they are...19g carb (3net carbs after 10g fiber,7g sugar alcohols), 9g fat, 170 cal, 1g sugar, 7g sugar alcohol (glycerin). I've snacked on one as my third "protein" item of the day if need be, looks like twice in the last 10 days or so, and still losing...they are a bit cheaper than IP.

Tonight I'll jump online and compare product to product, see what's closest and post it up tomorrow.

Lace and Levis
05-03-2012, 04:34 PM
Regarding the big C problem. If all else fails I have use the capsule form of Cascara Sargrada. It's an herbal laxative, it is my understanding that it triggers contractions of the colon. It can be found it Walmart, Fred Meyer, Krogur, Healthfood stores, etc. so it's not hard to find and not expensive. I use it as my last option as it is not something I would use on a regular basis, it has been said that it could throw electrolytes off. I drink plenty of water and have not had any problems. This has been my experience. Please read warning labels for yourself. I am by no means a doctor or health professional, take time to research if it is right for you.

DanafromAustin
05-03-2012, 04:54 PM
So...I realized today I'm not really "on" IP, since I'm using Atkins shakes and Wonderslim shake/pudding mixes, bars and soup stuff, but I'm still losing. I'm doing it this way to save money since I can't afford $75/week in just my breakfast/lunch/snack food PLUS the cost of dinner (being on a tight budget sucks, but my health is worth it)...her'es my question, my Atkins shake in the morning has 160 cal, 9g fat, 5g carb and 15g protein...I think it's higher fat than the IP stuff, is this going to severely hinder me do you think? It doesn't help I like the taste of Atkins more, and its cheaper...

I'm on all IP food except for the RTDs. I buy the EAS brand (most markets and Target sells them). They are a better match to IP than the Atkins drinks. They aren't as rich as the IP RTS, but still taste good and they are also a lot cheaper.

GonnaB50NFabulous
05-03-2012, 04:56 PM
I expected a bigger loss this week. Down 1 pound. It seems like my body is having a hard time getting me below the 220s. ;-(

Sonyasbug
05-03-2012, 05:08 PM

I have often contemplated this. Never do I go in jeans. Lol it's the little things:)

evepet
05-03-2012, 05:11 PM
It will but be careful with it if you are sensitive. I was in the bathroom too long/repeatedly and with too much discomfort but it did make me go. It just worked a bit too well for me.

I think some of that effect can depend on how long you steep the tea. I've used Smooth Move in the past, but didn't steep it for as long as recommended on the instructions. Probably only about 1/2 the time. Still worked fine, without working 'too well'.

DanafromAustin
05-03-2012, 05:22 PM
I have often contemplated this. Never do I go in jeans. Lol it's the little things:)

I also wear the same thing every week, yoga pants and a t-shirt.

DanafromAustin
05-03-2012, 05:28 PM
I expected a bigger loss this week. Down 1 pound. It seems like my body is having a hard time getting me below the 220s. ;-(

That's a pound more than I lost this week. ;) I find whenever I'm about to go down to the next decade it seems to take forever. I was hoping to be in the 170's a couple of weeks ago, but instead my weight decided to stall. The same thing happened when I was trying to break down the door getting into onederland, that also took a couple of extra weeks.

Hang in there, a loss is still a loss, and we will all get there eventually. :hug:

purple sky
05-03-2012, 05:45 PM
Purple-
Wonderslim from dietdirect has some snack bar options, same with Bariwise, directdirect.com sells the stuff. I have Atkins brownie things in my desk for treats...they are...19g carb (3net carbs after 10g fiber,7g sugar alcohols), 9g fat, 170 cal, 1g sugar, 7g sugar alcohol (glycerin). I've snacked on one as my third "protein" item of the day if need be, looks like twice in the last 10 days or so, and still losing...they are a bit cheaper than IP.

Tonight I'll jump online and compare product to product, see what's closest and post it up tomorrow.

Perfect. Thank you. I will drop by Walmart or someplace and pick up some. They will travel well. That is what I am looking for. Things with coatings will become a sticky mess if it is warm outside.

IPers are great for tastes tests. While we all have different tastes,
the last thing I wanted was to take something nasty with me. Sometimes these types of things are bleh. I am stuck with some soups that I don't know what to do with. Bleh.

For the future I will look up those other ones but right now I wanna grab something quick at Walmart or Target or some place. Thanx much.

Oh BTW, does it say Endulge on the package? Looking them up now.

I think some of that effect can depend on how long you steep the tea. I've used Smooth Move in the past, but didn't steep it for as long as recommended on the instructions. Probably only about 1/2 the time. Still worked fine, without working 'too well'.

I will try that next time. I have done well with Slippery Elm capsules. And I ain't gonna lie, P3 provides additional assistance. But, those capsules don't quite have the power of that tea.

Lace and Levis
05-03-2012, 05:48 PM
I just tried a Tortilla Wrap using the IP Potato Puree. It was DELICIOUS!! :yay:

INGREDIENTS:
1 package IP Potatoes
75 ml water
1 tsp olive oil

DIRECTIONS:
1. Heat a pan on the stove with a bit of olive oil
2. Mix the IP Potatoes and water until blended.
3. Spoon onto pan and spread thin into a round shape like a tortilla

If it is not spreading, its too thick. Immediately take from pan and add a bit more water. It will be ok thick, but you want to make a big enough tortilla to be able to wrap around your other ingredients. Too thick=too small and heavy to properly work like a tortilla. But should also not be too thin to fall apart. So 75 ml is a very good level, but not above 100 ml.

4. Cook until set, then flip.

Fill with your choice of ingredients.

Recipe from Ideal Protein - Lohja, Finland on Facebook.

vicknops
05-03-2012, 05:58 PM
I just have to say kudos to those of you following OP with the IP products. I thought I would check out the link previously posted for buying IP online and compare to my alternatives. Wowser! I pay a third the cost! Was going to try some, but maybe later. I am averaging 3.5 # per week, so just going to be content with that.:D

Ng951
05-03-2012, 06:02 PM
Like 5 FB friends posted a picture of food as their update! They looked yummy, but not as yummy as thin feels! Looking forward to my radishes and lemon pudding in about an hour and a half.

Off to groom a schnauzer. Yipee...hope I don't get bit, Hiedi doesn't like groom day.

Trip mama thank you for the encouragement. I always love your comments. This is a great place to share and identify. Nancy ;)

Ng951
05-03-2012, 06:07 PM
buyproteinfood.com

Thank you ;)

Sonyasbug
05-03-2012, 06:17 PM
I lost on Atkins too, but nothing like I have on IP, plus I've found it so much easier to stay on IP for whatever reason.

I just saw my collar bones for the first time in years so I can relate.

Some awesome WIs today. Great job everyone!

I remember my collar bones...I'm excited to rediscover them!!

skinnybride2be
05-03-2012, 06:30 PM
Hi Everyone! glad to hear everyone is loosing this week! I'm going to try and hide my scale until Monday since I am horrible at wanting to weigh myself everyday!

Wasn't hungry at all today.... maybe because it was a stressful/busy day. Hope everyone is doing well!

Longhorn Energy
05-03-2012, 06:37 PM
First WI today and thrilled: 7.5 pounds and 6 inches lost

Couldnt be happier. My coach did point out that 2 days I had had 2 restricted foods and has recommended I dont do that any more.

jcjnjj
05-03-2012, 06:43 PM
Hi everyone - I'm home from work sick today...headache, sore throat, fever - off and on, fatigue. I had to force myself to eat today (very unlike me). I'm supposed to weigh in tomorrow. Hopefully I make a miraculous recovery overnight.

smile2laugh
05-03-2012, 06:50 PM
I went to #6 WI - 3lbs! for a total of 24 lbs ! Yeah!

Dakin
05-03-2012, 07:07 PM
Hi Peeps!

The doctor thinks it a UTI and we'll know for sure tomorrow when the lab results come back. In the meantime he prescribed an antibiotic.
The good news is....... according to the doctor's scale I'm down one more pound than I was yesterday at weigh in!
The even better news is that, after asking a lot of questions about the diet, he didn't suggest giving it up and didn't think it was what caused my 'problem' at all! Yay!
Back on track, looking to drop that last 11 pounds!

Congrats everyone on the great WI's today.
Regarding all the big 'C' posts ... I'm having the exact opposite problem. :o Not sure which is worse.

med22
05-03-2012, 07:16 PM
Hi everyone! I'm new to this forum. I have been reading some posts for a while now so I decided to join! I am currently on my second week of IP. The first week went better than I expected and I lost 7.2 lbs. and 6.5". I was ecstatic! I knew since I was younger(18) and had more muscle mass than most women that I had a better chance of losing more. Unfortunately this week has not been as great. I have a problem with not waiting until my WI. I have two days left in week 2 and have only lost 1 pound. Needless to say I am very discouraged since I have been OP 100% Praying the whoosh fairy comes! ;)

Kaypix
05-03-2012, 07:19 PM
Great job!!!!

Hi everyone - I'm home from work sick today...headache, sore throat, fever - off and on, fatigue. I had to force myself to eat today (very unlike me). I'm supposed to weigh in tomorrow. Hopefully I make a miraculous recovery overnight.
I hope you feel better soon, drink some hot tea and take it easy.

Hi Everyone! glad to hear everyone is loosing this week! I'm going to try and hide my scale until Monday since I am horrible at wanting to weigh myself everyday!
I catch myself weighing daily, but am trying to approach it like a statistician, numbers are just numbers, except on Mondays, then they can make or break my day lol.

I am averaging 3.5 # per week, so just going to be content with that.:D
Good job with that :) I'm going to try those EAS or whatever the abbreviation was protein powders next week.

Oh BTW, does it say Endulge on the package? Looking them up now.

No, I only get the Meal ones or the Light Meal / Snack ones, the back of the box breaks it down as follows:
Meal: 15g protein, 225cal 3g net carbs
Snack: 10g protein 175cal 3g net carbs (some are a bit more)
Snack daybreak: 10g protein 150cal 3g net carbs
Treat (endulge): <5g protein 150cal 2g net carbs

Carmel fudge brownie bar = love it, and it's 170cal, 9gfat, 19gcarb, 10g protein, so it'd be restricted for sure, but if that's what i need to get thru my day, so be it. Only used two bars in 8 days though, just emergency snacks mostly. I have another snack one at home that tastes like a nutbar...what are those called, salted nut rolls? slightly higher in protein i think?

I'm on all IP food except for the RTDs. I buy the EAS brand (most markets and Target sells them). They are a better match to IP than the Atkins drinks. They aren't as rich as the IP RTS, but still taste good and they are also a lot cheaper.

I will be sure to look for those other shakes next week when I go grocery shopping :)

purple sky
05-03-2012, 07:32 PM
No, I only get the Meal ones or the Light Meal / Snack ones, the back of the box breaks it down as follows:
Meal: 15g protein, 225cal 3g net carbs
Snack: 10g protein 175cal 3g net carbs (some are a bit more)
Snack daybreak: 10g protein 150cal 3g net carbs
Treat (endulge): <5g protein 150cal 2g net carbs

Carmel fudge brownie bar = love it, and it's 170cal, 9gfat, 19gcarb, 10g protein, so it'd be restricted for sure, but if that's what i need to get thru my day, so be it. Only used two bars in 8 days though, just emergency snacks mostly. I have another snack one at home that tastes like a nutbar...what are those called, salted nut rolls? slightly higher in protein i think?

Aha...got it. THANX!

kmc1021
05-03-2012, 07:52 PM
So frustrated right now. I feel like I am all over the place. I have a good coach, but she is odd to talk to, can't explain it. She told me I only lost 2 lbs this last week because I had the big "c" well that night I had the big "d" so bad that I was in the bathroom 5 times with just water pouring out. 1 time before that with it normal and then again a normal one the next morning. Here it is 2 days later and no budge on the scale. So it isn't the big c. I follow everything to a t so I don't know why I still haven't seen results. I still am hungry all the time, even after adding a few salads, two eggs and sometimes an extra packet. Then I get upset over what I can eat and what others are told. I have been having red pepper a few times a week and then told no, can't do that. Same thing with cabbage. Had that twice, but now told nope, you suck. AGH!!

I feel so bad, I had to leave work early because we had a baby shower and I just couldn't be in there. It is going to be hard these next 3 weeks. I have two teacher appreciation lunches, four dinners, a carnival tomorrow and a parents breakfast. If my WI goes good this week and it budges then it will help me stay focused and on track. On top of all that I will be hosting two get togethers because my BIL is coming in from Japan. Oh me, oh my!

WOW, I didn't realize I was being so negative. I am usually always a happy person and lately no one wants to be my friend and now I can see why! Sorry. I will try to put myself in a better mood and be more positive!! :D is that better??!!!!!!!!!!!

evepet
05-03-2012, 08:05 PM
Hi Peeps!

The doctor thinks it a UTI and we'll know for sure tomorrow when the lab results come back. In the meantime he prescribed an antibiotic.
The good news is....... according to the doctor's scale I'm down one more pound than I was yesterday at weigh in!
The even better news is that, after asking a lot of questions about the diet, he didn't suggest giving it up and didn't think it was what caused my 'problem' at all! Yay!

Regarding all the big 'C' posts ... I'm having the exact opposite problem. :o Not sure which is worse.

Glad to hear that it was `just`a UTI... Afraid I have no suggestions re the xact opposite problem` ... and it`s great that your Dr. is endorsing IP. That must be a big relief.

Ng951
05-03-2012, 08:05 PM

Great job:)

0ojoyo0
05-03-2012, 08:11 PM
So I'm worried I may have accidentally cheated. I just put my meals for the last few days into the SparkPeople meal tracker, and it looks like I had 53g of carbs today, 39 yesterday, and 56 Tuesday (starting day). I'm not sure if I knocked myself out of ketosis before I even really got into it. Yesterday (Day 2) I was really tired and had pretty bad muscle aches so I knew I was going into ketosis, but today I'm completely fine, which has me kind of worried. I was thinking that I was a lucky one who went into ketosis quickly, but seeing my carb count has me worried. I thought the carb count had to be under 50g to go into ketosis?

Kat2500
05-03-2012, 08:31 PM

!

Good idea. I cannot wait to try this! Thanks for sharing.

Nibblet
05-03-2012, 08:43 PM
So I'm worried I may have accidentally cheated. I just put my meals for the last few days into the SparkPeople meal tracker, and it looks like I had 53g of carbs today, 39 yesterday, and 56 Tuesday (starting day). I'm not sure if I knocked myself out of ketosis before I even really got into it. Yesterday (Day 2) I was really tired and had pretty bad muscle aches so I knew I was going into ketosis, but today I'm completely fine, which has me kind of worried. I was thinking that I was a lucky one who went into ketosis quickly, but seeing my carb count has me worried. I thought the carb count had to be under 50g to go into ketosis?

I think it's different for everyone. I can have up to 65g carbs a day and still stay in ketosis. I don't think there is any hard fast rule about the number of carbs you have, just keep an eye on whether or not you lose weight.

rvingprincess
05-03-2012, 08:43 PM
Hi Peeps!

Glad to hear the Dr. thinks it is a UTI, and good luck with the last 11 lbs.

http://www.3fatchicks.net/img/bar-blue3/bear02/lb/208/140/194/.png (http://www.3fatchicks.com/)

Darralyn
05-03-2012, 08:51 PM
Hi All! I had no problems eating out for lunch; it was quite easy. Just ordered ceasar salad, no dressing, cheese or croutons. The gal thought I was nuts but brought me lemon wedges, olive oil and dijon mustard. it was a pretty tasty salad. After I got back to my car I had an IP bar and felt super full.
Afterward I treated my self to a pedicure (for my 5 lb loss yesterday and my wonderful A1c test). So now I have adorable toes.

Darralyn
05-03-2012, 08:53 PM
Originally Posted by Dakin

Hi Peeps!

Regarding all the big 'C' posts ... I'm having the exact opposite problem. Not sure which is worse.

Glad it was nothing serious!!!

Dakin
05-03-2012, 08:55 PM
Thanks Darralyn, and congrats on your first meal out. You handled it like a pro!

evepet
05-03-2012, 08:57 PM
So frustrated right now. I feel like I am all over the place. I have a good coach, but she is odd to talk to, can't explain it. She told me I only lost 2 lbs this last week because I had the big "c" well that night I had the big "d" so bad that I was in the bathroom 5 times with just water pouring out. 1 time before that with it normal and then again a normal one the next morning. Here it is 2 days later and no budge on the scale. So it isn't the big c. I follow everything to a t so I don't know why I still haven't seen results. I still am hungry all the time, even after adding a few salads, two eggs and sometimes an extra packet. Then I get upset over what I can eat and what others are told. I have been having red pepper a few times a week and then told no, can't do that. Same thing with cabbage. Had that twice, but now told nope, you suck. AGH!!

I feel so bad, I had to leave work early because we had a baby shower and I just couldn't be in there. It is going to be hard these next 3 weeks. I have two teacher appreciation lunches, four dinners, a carnival tomorrow and a parents breakfast. If my WI goes good this week and it budges then it will help me stay focused and on track. On top of all that I will be hosting two get togethers because my BIL is coming in from Japan. Oh me, oh my!

WOW, I didn't realize I was being so negative. I am usually always a happy person and lately no one wants to be my friend and now I can see why! Sorry. I will try to put myself in a better mood and be more positive!! :D is that better??!!!!!!!!!!!

Try to relax... you seem to always be quite stressed, and stress itself can curb weight loss. Try to find something relaxing to do to take your mind of the diet. Maybe soak in a nice hot tub for a while and read a good book? And I also would really encourage you to not weight yourself between official WIs... in the early days it just frustrates everybody and creates even more stress!

Your approaching social events will require a lot of discipline - that's for sure. But you can do it! And don't worry about being negative here... this is one safe place to come when you want to let it all hang out. :hug:

I recently watched some videos that were put together by the Dr. and coach at one IP clinic in order to help new IPers come on board with consistent information. They said during a couple of them that the range of daily carb intake is between about 25 to 40. But they also talked about how some foods contain fibre, which can be deducted from the daily carb count, giving you a net carb figure. If you're really concerned about this, maybe look at your sparkpeople meal tracker and see where your net carbs fell on those days. I consider that I'm fine carb-wise for the day if I'm under the 40 net carbs each day. And some people are more carb sensitive than others, and will have to stick lower on the daily carb scale to consistently lose weight. There's no way of knowing that though, short of experience and seeing how different carb intake levels affect your weight loss over time. And -- most of the long time posters here, who've had proven success when sticking 100% on the IP protocolwill reassure you that if you're following the protocol 100% OP then your daily carb intake will fall in line as it should, and there's no need to do daily 'counts' at all... just to make sure you're 100% OP. I hope this helps put your mind at ease. Try to relax and just 'let it happen'. You can do it! :hug:

Kat2500
05-03-2012, 09:00 PM
Hello - In P1 if a veggie is not on the "not permitted list" is it permitted? I am confused after reading some of the posts. Green Cabbage is not permitted? Green peppers are permitted and red/yellow/orange peppers are not permitted - but red is? I know in a few weeks I will get the hang of it - but right now it is confusing. Sigh.

0ojoyo0
05-03-2012, 09:03 PM
I think it's different for everyone. I can have up to 65g carbs a day and still stay in ketosis. I don't think there is any hard fast rule about the number of carbs you have, just keep an eye on whether or not you lose weight.

I recently watched some videos that were put together by the Dr. and coach at one IP clinic in order to help new IPers come on board with consistent information. They said during a couple of them that the range of daily carb intake is between about 25 to 40. But they also talked about how some foods contain fibre, which can be deducted from the daily carb count, giving you a net carb figure. If you're really concerned about this, maybe look at your sparkpeople meal tracker and see where your net carbs fell on those days. I consider that I'm fine carb-wise for the day if I'm under the 40 net carbs each day. And some people are more carb sensitive than others, and will have to stick lower on the daily carb scale to consistently lose weight. There's no way of knowing that though, short of experience and seeing how different carb intake levels affect your weight loss over time. And -- most of the long time posters here, who've had proven success when sticking 100% on the IP protocolwill reassure you that if you're following the protocol 100% OP then your daily carb intake will fall in line as it should, and there's no need to do daily 'counts' at all... just to make sure you're 100% OP. I hope this helps put your mind at ease. Try to relax and just 'let it happen'. You can do it! :hug:

Thanks for talking me off the ledge, ladies. I'm going to talk to my coach and see what she thinks, and try to find those strips I keep reading about. :dizzy:

evepet
05-03-2012, 09:07 PM
Hi All! I had no problems eating out for lunch; it was quite easy. Just ordered ceasar salad, no dressing, cheese or croutons. The gal thought I was nuts but brought me lemon wedges, olive oil and dijon mustard. it was a pretty tasty salad. After I got back to my car I had an IP bar and felt super full.
Afterward I treated my self to a pedicure (for my 5 lb loss yesterday and my wonderful A1c test). So now I have adorable toes.

Sounds like a successful lunch, and you did really well staying 100% OP. I had my first lunch in a restaurant last weekend (thankfully with my sister who is supportive of this whole thing) and made the mistake of forgetting to inquire how the chicken was cooked... It was a Caesar salad too - but it was breaded! So I'd asked 'no cheese - no croutons - no salad dressing'... but here came a plate of lettuce with pieces of breaded chicken. LOL. It was a tiresome task picking off all that breading (had to do some of it with my fingers), but I managed to pick it off and get to some 'plain' chicken. My lunch ended up mainly consisting of lettuce + my packet of WF salad dressing though. I was more than hungry for a protein bar when I got home around 2:15pm. :D But - I learned to always ask how things are prepared, and not assume anything.

What colour are your adorable toe nails?? :D

kmc1021
05-03-2012, 09:09 PM
Try to relax... you seem to always be quite stressed, and stress itself can curb weight loss. Try to find something relaxing to do to take your mind of the diet. Maybe soak in a nice hot tub for a while and read a good book? And I also would really encourage you to not weight yourself between official WIs... in the early days it just frustrates everybody and creates even more stress!

Your approaching social events will require a lot of discipline - that's for sure. But you can do it! And don't worry about being negative here... this is one safe place to come when you want to let it all hang out. :hug:

Do you think they can give me some xanax with my vitamins?? I am stressed and I guess I need to find something to do to help me relax. Thanks!! My poor hubby. I just bit his head off for no reason and it is the first time I have seen him all week.

Darralyn
05-03-2012, 09:10 PM
Origianlly posted by evepet

Super bright orange

usmcvet
05-03-2012, 09:12 PM
On my phone can't remember who asked but Ideal to go is an online option. Not sure it will be cheaper. I think the prices are fixed.

http://www.idealtogo.com/

Alternatives are like half price. I've bought from Nashual Nutrition check out the alternatives threads. Some items are identical the chocolate soy puffs are one. The omelets are not. IP omelets are much bigger and taste better IMHO.

http://www.nashuanutrition.com/store/proti-thin.html

Darralyn
05-03-2012, 09:13 PM
evepet

The reason I went for plain romaine is I was afraid of how they would cook the chicken, I guess we cannot take anything for granted. lol

Thanks for all the support and encouragement you offer everyone here!! You are very kind, thank you!

Skinnyminny26
05-03-2012, 09:16 PM
Today I stepped on the scale and...it moved!! Finally, after basically standing still ( at least in my eyes, -1 pound isnt enough) it came down!! Cant wait for WI #15 Saturday...too excited!!

Went for a walk with my SIL who is also OP, it's in the high 80's so it was a hot but good walk!! Tomorrow is Friday....wohoo...hope everyone has a good night

usmcvet
05-03-2012, 09:17 PM
Do you think they can give me some xanax with my vitamins?? I am stressed and I guess I need to find something to do to help me relax. Thanks!! My poor hubby. I just bit his head off for no reason and it is the first time I have seen him all week.

You could try "baking cookies" :o

rvingprincess
05-03-2012, 09:25 PM

"Baking cookies" also burns calories. Hey Hey

http://www.3fatchicks.net/img/bar-blue3/bear02/lb/208/140/194/.png (http://www.3fatchicks.com/)

evepet
05-03-2012, 09:26 PM
Hello - In P1 if a veggie is not on the "not permitted list" is it permitted? I am confused after reading some of the posts. Green Cabbage is not permitted? Green peppers are permitted and red/yellow/orange peppers are not permitted - but red is? I know in a few weeks I will get the hang of it - but right now it is confusing. Sigh.

It is confusing. Because different coaches seem to tell their clients different things. And some regional areas of IP seem to get updates about changes to the accepted protocol before others, which for those of us here sharing information internationally creates confusion. It seems like we're often not all reading from the same 'IP page'.

It's probably best to ask your coach and follow their advice. They can check to make sure that the 'new' info is legit, and then you'll absolutely be sure.

evepet
05-03-2012, 09:31 PM

Hey - great idea! Hope kmc1021 is still on the board. :D She'll get her mind off of the diet, burn some calories, and end up more relaxed too!! Probably sleep better too!! :carrot: 'Baking Cookies' is a darn useful passtime.

evepet
05-03-2012, 09:33 PM
Super bright orange

Festive! That's a nice idea for a 'reward' though. I think I'm going to treat myself to a massage when I finally drop 15 lbs...which should be next week. I seem to be pokey in the weight loss... but it's coming - slow but sure.

0ojoyo0
05-03-2012, 09:41 PM

Lol, baking cookies solves everything!

drakegirl
05-03-2012, 10:18 PM
Today my 10 year old son hugged me and said " hey! My arms fit all the way around you!". It was the first time ever. I LOVE this diet!! 100% OP every day!

NewPath
05-03-2012, 10:18 PM
Happy almost Friday my friends!

artflunky
05-03-2012, 10:28 PM
Good morning IP family!

Good Luck. I've had several UTI's with blood and they are horrible. Have you been getting all your water in? I was just thinking I haven't had one since I started and was wondering if it was because of all the water. Hopefully it will be a quick fix.

Lace and Levis
05-03-2012, 10:33 PM
Today my 10 year old son hugged me and said " hey! My arms fit all the way around you!". It was the first time ever. I LOVE this diet!! 100% OP every day!

Now that is sweet!!! It is the best NSV you could possibly have.

sunshinered
05-03-2012, 10:35 PM
Hey all - was wondering what your thoughts were on making your onions translucent for eating instead of carmelizing... is this ok? (Sorry if it is answered somewhere else in the forums)

I've been sauteeing onions my whole time and seem to be doing just fine. I eat them in my eggs, in my soups, in my dinners, with fish etc.

patns
05-03-2012, 10:35 PM

Not sure if anyone answered this , it was quite far back in the posts.
Just wanted to say many people are not using IP products and are going fine. There are threads about alternative products.

Pat

rvingprincess
05-03-2012, 10:36 PM

Isn't it great when even our kids notice the loss.

sunshinered
05-03-2012, 10:36 PM

Now that's cool! Thanks for sharing.

artflunky
05-03-2012, 10:40 PM

w1= -7
w2= -3.1
w3= -3.2
w4= -4.1
w5= -0

Yup, it's normal. Keep it up and you will see it eventually. Don't cave! You're doing great. You're numbers are fantastic!

sunshinered
05-03-2012, 10:48 PM

I eat cabbage and red pepper. In fact I eat red pepper almost every day!

kmc1021
05-03-2012, 10:57 PM
Lmbo! Y'all have me laughing so hard about "baking cookies". At first I was like, wow how do they know I always baked to relax, and then I remembered what it was. Haha! Thanks for the smile!

Kaypix
05-03-2012, 10:59 PM

Hehe, cookies...hehe totally get the reference but man it makes me chuckle

DanafromAustin
05-03-2012, 11:03 PM
Hi Peeps!

Glad that's all it was, as yucky as they are.

Happy to hear your lunch turned out well and nothing better than a pedicure. In fact I think I will get one tomorrow.

ROFL !!

Chloe222
05-03-2012, 11:04 PM

Congrats Samba! We all have those special milestones!

Kaypix
05-03-2012, 11:09 PM
Not sure if anyone answered this , it was quite far back in the posts.
Just wanted to say many people are not using IP products and are going fine. There are threads about alternative products.

Pat

Thanks Pat, and no I hadn't had anyone answer yet, just wanted to make sure I wasn't screwing up a good thing. I've added a light walk to my daily routine now, just 20 minutes around the neighborhood outside where I work during my lunch break, hoping that'll help maintain my loss #'s and also tone up my bum and legs.

patns
05-03-2012, 11:17 PM

After many years in education I have found out that school staff rooms are awash in processed carbs. It is a never ending cycle of gazillion things to celebrate.

Add to that we are so incredibly busy during the time that the kids are there and we are multitasking at such a high level it often is not even registering on us what we are actually eating.

I started to wonder why all teachers (and other staff) are not massively overweight instead of just many of us. I started paying more attention to what and how people at work were eating.

It seems that some lucky people have great metabolisms; many people are far more physically active than I am and some people are very selective about what they choose to eat.

I finally realized that I had to be a member of that third group. I decided that what ever was being celebrated or appreciated could be done without food. I learned to totally block out whatever food was being brought in. I planned my own food and brought it with me. If it is potluck I always bring a big salad.

Anyway I have gotten to the point that I don't even notice all the goodies in the staff room anymore. I have coffee and chat with everyone and people don't even notice I am not eating the stuff that was supplied, That is because there are many other people who have always done that.

Sounds tough but over the years it is unbelievable how much bad for you food comes your way. This is not an IP matter but a long time of bad choices I wish I had learned to overcome earlier in my life.

But you really do need to get the digestive issues under control if you can figure out what balances out for you between the Big C and the other extreme.
It is very tough to stay on track with that going on.

Good luck!

Pat

Beanie Mommy
05-03-2012, 11:29 PM
Another WI, another pound gone. Not a spectacular loss, but I'll take it after the 6.6 last week. It always somehow evens out... Hope the whoosh fairy will come back next week.

Took a pic of myself tonight - that was about time. Will keep updating as pounds come off.

Have a great night and a wonderful IP day tomorrow!

Funsun11
05-03-2012, 11:31 PM
Prior to starting the IP diet, I had visited a local doctor and she stated the start up fee was $250. After researching the effectiveness of this diet, I decided to go for it. So I joined up and its been about $90 dollars per week. I have lost a total of 12lbs in three weeks. So this week, I decided to see who else has the IP diet. I called around and one facility was charging $150 start up fee and then $90 per week. Oh and the food was about the same price everywhere. Since I already paid the $250 I don't think it would make sense to go elsewhere and pay another $150. But I guess my question is would it be in poor taste to mention to the coach that there was another facility that chargers $100 less? I figured she probably charged that because she is also a medical doctor. Here is another question...there is a local pharmacy that is open later and has the foods for the same price. They do not do the consulting but they sell the foods and supplements. Do you think I should go there and get my foods? OR should I just stick to the doctor? Her hours are also until 5 which stinks since its hard for me to get there earlier and she at times don't have appointments that are suited to my needs. The other location has Saturday hours. Sigh...what to do?
Thanks for any suggestions.

Welcome back to the Daily Chat thread - post your plans for today, share what's been happening, ask questions!

:welcome3:

Some forum lingo:
NSV = Non-scale victory
TOM = time of the month
WI = Weigh-in
WF = Walden Farms
OP = on program

Bookmarking:
Ideal Protein Sub-forum Home page
Consider making it a bookmark or a favorite in your browser so you can come back easily to get your RDA of Ideal Protein information.
Ideal Protein Sub-forum Home Page (http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/ideal-protein-diet-236/)

Information for newbies:
Check the sticky page for lots of good information and please read before asking what might be a frequently asked question here in the daily thread: Information on Ideal Protein phases (1-4), recipes, newbie guide, FAQ, and other important threads. (http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/ideal-protein-diet/238801-ip-ultimate-list-recipes-faq-newbie-guide-other-important-threads.html)

Tickers and Signatures:
There are 2 requirements to have access to signatures and tickers. You must have been a member of 3fatchicks for 20 days AND posted at least 20 messages anywhere on the 3fatchicks forum. When you've met those requirements check The Ultimate Signature and Ticker Thread (http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/announcements-forum-help/203435-ultimate-one-stop-signature-ticker-thread-read-here-if-you-have-questions.html)for more information and instructions.

Quoting:
The best quoting tip (http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/announcements-forum-help/203435-ultimate-one-stop-signature-ticker-thread-read-here-if-you-have-questions.html)- EVER!! Thanks Rosie, aka 6710.

Searching:
If you can't find what you're looking for in this forum using the website search function, try using the "double search" using Google.

1) Go to google.com. Search 3fatchicks by using the term site:3fatchicks.com at the end of your google search.

For example, if you want to look for "big mac in a bowl", type "big mac in a bowl site:3fatchicks.com" in google search. No need to inlucde the quotation marks when you type.

2) This will bring up the page that you are looking for, now hit Ctrl+F to search on that page. Type "big mac in a bowl" and all instances of that search term will be highlighted.

Progress photos:
have been moved to the Mini-Goal Photo Album. (http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/mini-goals-201/)

Other helpful links related to the Ideal Protein diet:
Dr. Tran Tien Chanh's website (http://www.trantiendiet.com/site/spip.php?rubrique19)

Dr. Tran Tien Chanh's book (PDF file): The Unbalanced Diet Approach to a Slimmer You (http://www.trantiendiet.com/site/IMG/pdflivre_Dr_Tran.pdf)

salmongirl
05-04-2012, 12:29 AM
Another WI, another pound gone. Not a spectacular loss, but I'll take it after the 6.6 last week. It always somehow evens out... Hope the whoosh fairy will come back next week.

Took a pic of myself tonight - that was about time. Will keep updating as pounds come off.

Have a great night and a wonderful IP day tomorrow!
Great Picture Beanie Mom, I need to put one on too but I don't know how. It looks like you hit onederland, congrats! I am almost there but it feels like it is taking forever!

Momto2cs
05-04-2012, 12:29 AM
Having a doctor monitor you should be worth some money. If she understands ip and has done it herself...it's hard to do this without a coach unless you are very motivated...

Movin4Ward
05-04-2012, 12:50 AM
Help! I think I am stuck! I have been following this protocal to the letter since Monday (kinda fell off the wagon over the weekend) and I am not in Ketosis yet! My coach moved me to the alternative plan last week. I thought that was keeping me out of Ketosis so I changed back to the regular plan on Wednesday. Still no change. Any advice?

usmcvet
05-04-2012, 11:26 AM
Prior to starting the IP diet, I had visited a local doctor and she stated the start up fee was $250. After researching the effectiveness of this diet, I decided to go for it. So I joined up and its been about $90 dollars per week. I have lost a total of 12lbs in three weeks. So this week, I decided to see who else has the IP diet. I called around and one facility was charging $150 start up fee and then $90 per week. Oh and the food was about the same price everywhere. Since I already paid the $250 I don't think it would make sense to go elsewhere and pay another $150. But I guess my question is would it be in poor taste to mention to the coach that there was another facility that chargers $100 less? I figured she probably charged that because she is also a medical doctor. Here is another question...there is a local pharmacy that is open later and has the foods for the same price. They do not do the consulting but they sell the foods and supplements. Do you think I should go there and get my foods? OR should I just stick to the doctor? Her hours are also until 5 which stinks since its hard for me to get there earlier and she at times don't have appointments that are suited to my needs. The other location has Saturday hours. Sigh...what to do?
Thanks for any suggestions.

Buy food where you want you don't owe anyone anything. I was told once the initiation fee was paid I could go to any IP clinic. Mine is run by an MD too. It was $100 to join. This may depend on your market. I'm glad it was $100 I don't think I would have paid $250 just for the consult.

Knowing what I do now I would have paid the $250.

usmcvet
05-04-2012, 11:30 AM

:):o

usmcvet
05-04-2012, 11:30 AM

That is wonderful. :carrot: