Tired Of Just Surviving

S/C/G: 315/272/215

Height: 5'7

Default I feel fatter than EVER!

Some days like today I still feel fatter than ever and I don't really know why
SmallSteps is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2012, 11:40 PM   #2  

Height: 5'9"

I just replied to a similar post and I totally sympathize with you! I am on that hate train lately too. I don't know why because my high weight was comfortable for me due to denial, and I'm a lot less now. I just think that maybe the realization of how far I've gone backwards is a factor in that. And the mirrors at the gym make me look absolutely elephant-like, and that is not motivating when I'm trying to lose weight and exercise! I just keep thinking that maybe tomorow I will feel better about myself. Keep on keepin' on, and the feeling has to go away, because the fat has to go away! Go away fat, go away! Burn in he!!
Brandis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2012, 12:05 AM   #3  

S/C/G: 188/188/145

Height: 5'11

I feel like that all of the time. And that feeling doesn't go away when you get smaller, so don't let it balloon out of control now! When I began to lose weight about a year and a half ago, I hated looking in the mirror. I told myself I felt fat because I was fat. As I lost weight, I got more and more self conscious about my body. Even at my lowest weight (140) I told myself I was fat, which was just untrue. Soon my negative self talk caught up with me and I regained about 15 pounds. Anyways, my point is, the longer you let yourself look in the mirror and think things like "elephant," the bigger a problem it becomes. You can still feel fat at your goal weight. Everyone has those days, but you have to figure out the underlying reasons you FEEL fat (I mean beyond weight gain, like stress at work or home). I don't know if that's why you feel particularly fat today, but this negative self-talk has always been my problem. And there has usually been a reason behind it that had nothing to do with my weight.
magsabags is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2012, 01:42 AM   #4  
Back with a story

S/C/G: 281 / 254 / 160

Height: 5'3" - I got taller!

I feel that way some days, too. That is where having things like a measuring tape, pictures, and support can give a reality check. No matter what my hormones or schedule is doing to me, it is simply not true that I look or feel the same as I did almost 100 pounds ago. And whenever that devious little lie sneaks in there I have to preach truth to myself and banish those thoughts. They're deceptive, destructive, and have no place in my head.

You have made amazing strides. So have I. That is all we need to know
Arctic Mama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2012, 07:36 AM   #5  

S/C/G: 255/holding at 162/160

Height: 5'-7"

You've made such great progress and that's what I know you really focus on. Your posts are usually so upbeat! But you're over half way to your Onederland goal, and 1/3 of the way to your end goal. We see how long things take and start to think there is no progress when we stall for just a few days and it all gets to us sometimes.

And - I'm not being critical - I'm just stating a fact. I think as we make progress, we have a reality awareness that was missing when we were at our heaviest. It's as if all of a sudden we actually realize the true nature of our weight rather than the image of our weight that we let fool us into thinking we didn't look so bad. When that hits, we do realize we are still bigger than we should be for health reasons and we feel that we are still fat.

No one uses the term "fat" in here. We say all the other kinder words. "Heavy" - "At my highest weight" - "When I started" - we have a million of them! But, in our own heads, we all think "fat." So I guess it's normal to feel fat sometimes! You're making such great progress. This feeling will pass.

Lin
linJber is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2012, 11:00 AM   #6  
Stevia Nicks

S/C/G: HW334/SW314/CW304/GW170

Height: 5'11"

SO right there with you!

Last edited by Luceia; 05-03-2012 at 11:00 AM.
Luceia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2012, 11:09 AM   #7  
IR/PCOS/Pre-Diabetic

S/C/G: 310/*ticker*/150

Height: 5'4"

I know how that feels! I think there have been some really good point made in the responses above. I especially agree that having a chart of pounds lost or measurements or every-10-pound pictures is often a wake-up call to me that I actually HAVE lost weight, and that my plan works when I actually WORK MY PLAN! *sigh*

I also think linJber hit an uncomfortable truth; one I've never really thought about but it rings true. When I really look in the mirror, I don't see my progress because I'm still overwhelmed (after all these years) at how fat I look. So I feel fat, too. I ignored it for so long, and had some unrealistic "I'm not that bad" image in my head, that when I see the reality, I'm shocked.

That being said, I think we all get into that down-turn mode, and feel fat and like the dieting isn't working and we'll never lose weight. That's when folks tend to stop posting as often, even stop coming by to read/lurk. For me, that's become one of my signals that I may be unconsciously gearing up to go off-plan and give up. Look at my join date and you'll see I've been hanging around 3FC for YEARS... and I've yo-yo'd myself up and down these 50 pounds countless times. But the support and encouragement here always keeps me going, even through my fattest-feeling times.
synger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2012, 11:34 AM   #8  

S/C/G: Highest:266/T/Size 8

Height: 5'4

SmallSteps -

Quote:
Originally Posted by synger View Post
I ignored it for so long, and had some unrealistic "I'm not that bad" image in my head, that when I see the reality, I'm shocked.
Ditto.
SarahFairhope is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2012, 11:50 AM   #9  

S/C/G: 292/265/180

Height: 6'

BIG hugs Smallsteps I can totally relate to your feelings. When I hit a bump in the weight loss journey I feel like I'm back as heavy as when I started. I start thinking, "oh my diet is not working any more. This is it. This is where I hit the wall." The only thing that really helps is telling myself that I'm being irrational (ME? Noooo haha) and that it will pass. I've lost this weight with my current meal plan and exercise routine, so how would that progress stop if I keep on keepin on with what I've been doing? I've seen the quote on here of "more good days than bad days" and that really helps too. Just a few little things that usually help me.

I hope you get to feeling better really soon! You have come so far. You've posted pictures of your progress (I know that was hard for you). You are absolutely gorgeous and such an inspiration to me personally. Thank you for that friend
junebug44 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2012, 12:08 PM   #10  
Started IP 8/20/14

S/C/G: HW292/SW284/CW284/GW200

Height: 5'8"

Quote:
Originally Posted by synger View Post

I also think linJber hit an uncomfortable truth; one I've never really thought about but it rings true. When I really look in the mirror, I don't see my progress because I'm still overwhelmed (after all these years) at how fat I look. So I feel fat, too. I ignored it for so long, and had some unrealistic "I'm not that bad" image in my head, that when I see the reality, I'm shocked.
Yes, that!!! Lin and Synger hit the nail on the head.

I am there with you - some days, I feel like I have such a long way to go that it feels like too much. And although I am receiving compliments left and right from coworkers and friends, I am hard on myself. I still look in the mirror and see a FAT girl. She's fatter than she was at 292!

IMO, these feelings are all due to increased reality awareness as Lin said.

Anyway --- you aren't alone. Hang in there and keep moving forward!!
PghGal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2012, 01:01 PM   #11  
50 and Fabulous :)

S/C/G: 250/229/160

Yup, Lin nailed it (as usual ) but just offering you a big hug and to echo the sentiments, been there too!
fyreflie24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2012, 01:58 PM   #12  

S/C/G: HW:319/RW:257/CW:193.0/GW:140

We have all hit that wall at one time or another. You are strong and beautiful!! Think positive thoughts.

Love ya girl!!
sluggerbean is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2012, 05:33 AM   #13  

S/C/G: 308/307/198

Height: 5'2"

I feel fatter than ever. I don't really feel any different than I did 30 lbs ago. I know some of my clothes actually fit me now but when I look in the mirror I am still 307 lbs. I don't know what's going on with me.
Amy23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2012, 03:47 PM   #14  

the skinny, attractive ones with amazing bodies are always complaining about themselves and always gabbing about some new diet that they are on which makes you feel like a fat lard cause youre sitting there eating. doesnt really matter what youre eating, just that you are like 100 more pounds than they are and they are on a diet and think they look bad, what must they think when they look at you?
Leyah26 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2012, 10:26 PM   #15  

S/C/G: 256/See ticker/Healthier!

Height: 5'6"

I'm right there with you.
packgirl is offline   Reply With Quote