UK Fat Chicks Meet dieters in your area, discuss weight and food issues unique to the UK.

Old 05-02-2012, 12:41 PM   #1  
Calorie Counter

S/C/G: 314.15/289.9/150

Height: 5"8

Angry So much for determination...

what an awful day. I basically haven't stopped crying. I'm just so angry at everything!! I was trying to sort out my shopping again today and the stupid tv show Doctors came on... URGH!!! Their voices really grind my gears!! Anyway, ended up yelling at my laptop and stomping off to bed for a lie down and a cry...

I don't know what came over me... It kind of started this morning when I did my mid week weigh. I don't get it!! I've eaten well, not strayed and I'm up a pound!! P****d me right off!!

So now I'm having a chicken korma with baked potato. (I'm having a bad day okay lol) No salad coz I'm all out until tomorrow... unless that's it!! I ran out of salad stuff a few days ago. So instead i've had a couple of rice cakes, walkers squares and some grapes for lunch.... Grapes, i've only just found out are happy happy with the sugarness... my body looooove sugar... I bet that's what's done it!! I'm not having any more grapes and we'll see what happens.

Is this supposed to be a trial and error thing? Coz it freakin feels like it!!
LozzCowell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2012, 12:48 PM   #2  
Calorie Counter

S/C/G: 160/ticker/146

Height: 5'4

Hi Lozz
Stick with it my dear and I'm sure that things will come good. Are you eating enough do you think?
Not having a good week myself as it's the time of the month and want to scoff everything in sight. I think I may have to write off these week's and get back to it when my body returns to normal.
Don't give up, you've done so well and can do it x
chocmonster2012 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2012, 12:55 PM   #3  
Kandie Apple Sundae

S/C/G: 225/180/150

Height: 5 foot 2

Grapes are good for you, they are good sugars! Plus they help with things like Belly bloat, Metabolism, water intake. A Cup of grapes a day is good.

However, it might be the starches! I know my body LOOOOOVES carbs and if I even think about going over 150.. BAM there is a pound. It loves to hold onto them.

And yes, trial and error is what it is. You gotta find that sweet spot and try and figure out how you got to that sweet spot and keep in that sweet spot to keep the weight going down. When you find it you will be in bliss.
Ksquared is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2012, 02:05 PM   #4  
Calorie Counter

Thanks for your kind words girls.

Ksquared - YOU'RE A GENIUS!! I just looked thro my food diary and when i was losing, my carbs were at 150 max. The last couple of days they've got to have been pushing the 180's!! I'm an idiot!! Right. I've made a note and put it on the fridge to remind me, that if I have rice cakes for lunch, I'm not to have potato at dinner etc!

And here I thought I was going nuts!! I'll give that a go and see what happens.

Feeling a bit better now...

Thanks guys xxxx
Old 05-02-2012, 02:57 PM   #5  
Trying for normal

S/C/G: 253/ticker/175

Height: 5'5"

Hey listen when I started I GAINED almost a stone. It was muscle and water weight, I was eating pretty well. One pound on a day to day weigh could be absolutely anything.

Remember a liter of water weighs a kilo. That's A LOT. So a pound is basiclally one of those 500ml bottles. It's easy to fluctuate on that much water even within a day.

I think weight loss is about inches and about pounds lost that have stayed lost for a couple weeks.
AlmostMe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2012, 08:35 AM   #6  
Calorie Counter

MUCH BETTER TODAY!! I'm laying off the exercise for a couple of days, only walked the pooch last night and the same tonight.

I (like the naughty girl i am lol) weighed myself again today... thinking "eff it, if I've put on i've put on." But... to my surprise and glee I lost 3lbs!! So I'm now back to a new lowest weight... I'm soooo happy and excited!!

I'm sticking by the plan to keep an eye on the carb intake, coz i think... it might have worked... (crosses fingers). No more weighing until saturday for the weekly spreadsheet...

One last word.... WOOOOO!!!!
Old 05-03-2012, 08:41 AM   #7  

S/C/G: 308/307/198

Height: 5'2"

So happy to hear you lost 3 lbs! I get so damn frustrated whenever I seem to be holding on to water - I just try and have faith that it will be gone soon.

About the grapes, I've heard conflicting advice from a lot of people. Some tell me to stay away from them, and others tell me they're good for you! I cut them out anyway and haven't had any for a while. It's a shame because I LOVE grapes.

Congrats!
Amy23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2012, 10:15 AM   #8  
Calorie Counter

Congratulations on the loss Lozz, that's brilliant. You must be over the moon.
Woke up feeling snotty again this morning. Seem to have a cold that comes and goes. Might look into the carbs thing myself as I tend to go up and down and have cravings. Maybe that's the reason.
Old 05-03-2012, 11:02 AM   #9  

S/C/G: 214/190/140

Height: 5'5"

Lozz, hun, I could write a book on gaining lb when I eat carbs!!! I frequently gain during the week and then it comes off Fri/Sat and back again by wi Monday, lol. It all evens out in the end so never take any notice of a midweek gain. The important thing is to stick to healthy eating and pick one wi time only. First thing before water/food is best for an accurate picture.

Btw - chicken korma can be totally healthy - did you make a note of my curry recipe??

Stick at it girl! x
Elliemar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2012, 11:04 AM   #10  

S/C/G: 180/169/133

Height: 5feet 2inches

Well done on your weight loss
Stick with it you can do it.
I get weighed tomorrow fingers crossed I have lost something.
paula953 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2012, 11:33 AM   #11  
Calorie Counter

Elliemar - no, it was an unhealthy jar korma but i have made a note of your recipe, its sounds amaze-balls!!!

Thanks everyone for your support.

Chocomonster - silly question, do you have your heating on a lot at home? i only ask as it dries the air and germs thrive, hence colds come and go a lot.

It is all about finding what's right for your body, it's not an exact science and I get that now. Talk about a steep learning curve lol.
Old 05-03-2012, 12:28 PM   #12  
Calorie Counter

Hi LozzCowell
I've not had it on as much recently, but thanks for the tip. Think there is some lurgy going around as my friend is complaining of the same thing.
Keep up the good work!
Old 05-03-2012, 09:11 PM   #13  

S/C/G: 235/149/135

Height: 5'5

Ugh, I've had those moments too. -hugs-
elleohelle is offline   Reply With Quote