Ideal Protein Diet - IP Daily Chat Wednesday 5/2/12

View Full Version : IP Daily Chat Wednesday 5/2/12

wuv2bloved
05-02-2012, 03:31 AM
Welcome back to the Daily Chat thread - post your plans for today, share what's been happening, ask questions!

:welcome3:

Some forum lingo:
NSV = Non-scale victory
TOM = time of the month
WI = Weigh-in
WF = Walden Farms
OP = on program

Bookmarking:
Ideal Protein Sub-forum Home page
Consider making it a bookmark or a favorite in your browser so you can come back easily to get your RDA of Ideal Protein information.
Ideal Protein Sub-forum Home Page (http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/ideal-protein-diet-236/)

Information for newbies:
Check the sticky page for lots of good information and please read before asking what might be a frequently asked question here in the daily thread: Information on Ideal Protein phases (1-4), recipes, newbie guide, FAQ, and other important threads. (http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/ideal-protein-diet/238801-ip-ultimate-list-recipes-faq-newbie-guide-other-important-threads.html)

Tickers and Signatures:
There are 2 requirements to have access to signatures and tickers. You must have been a member of 3fatchicks for 20 days AND posted at least 20 messages anywhere on the 3fatchicks forum. When you've met those requirements check The Ultimate Signature and Ticker Thread (http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/announcements-forum-help/203435-ultimate-one-stop-signature-ticker-thread-read-here-if-you-have-questions.html)for more information and instructions.

Quoting:
The best quoting tip (http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/announcements-forum-help/203435-ultimate-one-stop-signature-ticker-thread-read-here-if-you-have-questions.html)- EVER!! Thanks Rosie, aka 6710.

Searching:
If you can't find what you're looking for in this forum using the website search function, try using the "double search" using Google.

1) Go to google.com. Search 3fatchicks by using the term site:3fatchicks.com at the end of your google search.

For example, if you want to look for "big mac in a bowl", type "big mac in a bowl site:3fatchicks.com" in google search. No need to inlucde the quotation marks when you type.

2) This will bring up the page that you are looking for, now hit Ctrl+F to search on that page. Type "big mac in a bowl" and all instances of that search term will be highlighted.

Progress photos:
have been moved to the Mini-Goal Photo Album. (http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/mini-goals-201/)

Other helpful links related to the Ideal Protein diet:
Dr. Tran Tien Chanh's website (http://www.trantiendiet.com/site/spip.php?rubrique19)

Dr. Tran Tien Chanh's book (PDF file): The Unbalanced Diet Approach to a Slimmer You (http://www.trantiendiet.com/site/IMG/pdflivre_Dr_Tran.pdf)

NewPath
05-02-2012, 06:59 AM
Good Morning I Peeps! Have a wonderful OP day!!!!

Kat2500
05-02-2012, 07:02 AM
Had my first weigh in yesterday and lost 8 lbs. My coach was pleased --- but -- I lost a little lean mass. I did not cheat at all. My DS had a soccer tournament and I did not eat consistently over the weekend and missed dinner one night -- too tired to eat. My coach and I discussed strategies on what to eat on the road - particularly when all the food choices on hand are bad.

As a newbie I have come to realize that I need to keep an IP survival kit with me when I travel. I have read some older posts and have gotten ideals - but would like your input. What do you bring with you when you travel?

Thank you.

Cadu
05-02-2012, 07:07 AM
Had my first weigh in yesterday and lost 8 lbs. My coach was pleased --- but -- I lost a little lean mass. I did not cheat at all. My DS had a soccer tournament and I did not eat consistently over the weekend and missed dinner one night -- too tired to eat. My coach and I discussed strategies on what to eat on the road - particularly when all the food choices on hand are bad.

As a newbie I have come to realize that I need to keep an IP survival kit with me when I travel. I have read some older posts and have gotten ideals - but would like your input. What do you bring with you when you travel?

Thank you.

Congrats on the loss!

Cadu
05-02-2012, 07:13 AM
Good Morning.

I had such a good sleep. I went to bed at 9pm and slept like a rock all the way till the alarm rang at 5:45 this morning. Had a crazy dream that I was away on vacation with Don Draper (from Mad Men).. hee heee no wonder I didnt wake up before I had to.

I have weigh in this morning and I did not wake up feeling skinny today, feeling kinda puffy but it will be ok whatever the scale says. Who knows maybe the WhOOSH Fairy will visit within the next 3 hours. :D

I hope everyone has an easy time OP today.

Dakin
05-02-2012, 07:14 AM
Good morning IP family!
I'm off to a weigh in today, so I'm rummaging through the chat room drawers looking for that dang 'Whoosh Fairy'.
I'll let you know later if I was able to find her.
Have a great day!

Beanie Mommy
05-02-2012, 07:41 AM
Good Morning! Just wanted to wish everyone a great OP day!

Karen71
05-02-2012, 07:52 AM
I have an appt at 10 am this morning to join IP. I am so excited. I think I have finally found a change in lifestyle that will work for me. Any advice on what to expect on my first visit? Looking forward to being on a life long journey. :carrot:

audgirl78
05-02-2012, 08:02 AM
Good morning all!

Thanks to this forum and some inner power I was able to find, yesterday I had my first 100% OP day in weeks yesterday. This is a very NSV that I have been trying to get back to. It feels great. I feel like a newbie: slept well, woke up well and feel energetic.

Ready for my weigh in this afternoon. I hope the scale will be my friend. Good luck everyone and I will check in later!

Aud

NavyMommy
05-02-2012, 08:45 AM
Good morning everyone!! Wow, it feels strange to actually have a free minute to sit down and check in here. Finally after a serious kick in the pants I went back OP on Monday and there is no looking back now. I already licked some salt to hopefully keep the headache away but I have Advil on standby if necessary. Hope everyone has a great day!!

Thank you.

Welcome! And congrats on your 8lbs!! That's wonderful! As for what I bring when I'm on the road it varies. At all times I keep a MiO, day's worth of vitamins, small salt shaker and extra packet in my purse or car (also not a bad idea to keep a shaker in there if you have an extra one). If you use WF products some people also keep the single serve packets with them for salad but I don't use them.

However, it sounds like you were caught away from home for dinner, so when I know I will be away for dinner, or think I might be I hard boil 2 eggs and pack them along with a container of sliced raw peppers, cucumbers, whatever veggie you like. Cucumbers are especially good if you marinade them with some red onion and cider vinegar and oil.

If you're getting home late and haven't eaten, remember that 2 eggs are a super quick and easy protein replacement for dinner. I would often scramble two while I was slicing some veggies and have dinner ready in 5 minutes. Hope this helps!

I have an appt at 10 am this morning to join IP. I am so excited. I think I have finally found a change in lifestyle that will work for me. Any advice on what to expect on my first visit? Looking forward to being on a life long journey. :carrot:

Welcome!! At your first appointment you will probably be weighed /measured, have the entire program explained to you and probably select a weeks worth of food (or be given a variety to try your first week like I was). Stick around, there's a lot of wonderful information here!

0ojoyo0
05-02-2012, 08:48 AM
Good morning ladies! Day 2 and feeling good. I kinda cheated this morning and stepped on the scale. But I'm glad I did. Down 5 lbs since Saturday! And this is after a month of eating right and exercising and only lost 2 lbs. I'm sold!

But I carpool with a girl from work and when I told her about it on the drive in, she said it's probably just water weight. These kind of comments are typical coming from her. I'm sure some of it is water weight and I'd already thought about that, but like I said, in an entire month I only lost 2 lbs, so something is obviously happening here. Oh well, I'm not letting it get me down.

I'm not going to change my ticker until my official weigh-in on Saturday, but it still feels good, ya know?

0ojoyo0
05-02-2012, 08:59 AM

Thank you.

Good job on the 8 lb loss, too bad some of it was muscle :/ I'm a newbie as well and need to make a travel kit. I think I'm gonna have a day's worth of vitamins, a non-restricted IP packet (drink), and a WF dressing packet.

I just had my consultation Saturday. From what I'm reading in this forum, all coaches are different, but I spent about an hour with mine going over my lifestyle, weight loss goals, my expectations, discussing the program, and of course weight and measurement. One thing I would suggest is to make a list of questions you would like to ask your coach. Good luck!

Good morning all!

Thanks to this forum and some inner power I was able to find, yesterday I had my first 100% OP day in weeks yesterday. This is a very NSV that I have been trying to get back to. It feels great. I feel like a newbie: slept well, woke up well and feel energetic.

Ready for my weigh in this afternoon. I hope the scale will be my friend. Good luck everyone and I will check in later!

Aud

Good job! I hope the scale is your friend too!

kellycg102
05-02-2012, 09:06 AM
So many post to read and no time, didn't get to read yesterday either......feels like cheating, when I can't read them. Just a quick pop in to say I am down 1.2 lbs for WI#8. Always wish for more, but it is a loss so I will take it. I didn't get to the gym this week, only once, so I need to step that up again.
Off to Syracuse tonight, then carrying on to Baltimore tomorrow....going to stay OP on my first trip on this diet. Wish me luck.
Have a great OP day everyone. Good luck to anyone who has there weigh in today, and congrats to those "losers" yesterday and NSV!

Sewmam
05-02-2012, 09:07 AM
Good morning everybody! Rise and shine!

I ran my errands yesterday and kinda pooped out by noon, but rallied enough to get an afternoon of painting in. The spinach smoothie really keeps me going. Have been so tired at night that I can't get through all the posts...we sure are a gabby group! ;)

I had not done my exercise for a couple days because I was stressed about making progress on the house. Painting and cleaning are hard work, but it is not the same as exercise. So I did my elliptical and rebounder and crunches yesterday and felt so much better, both physically and mentally. I was back in my zone, in the flow. A half-hour well spent.

Welcome to the newbies and good luck to everybody on your WI's, and for the naysayers in your lives, just let it float over you. Don't listen to 'em....

Have an incredible, joyous day!

Blondeshell
05-02-2012, 09:18 AM
After a couple of weeks with no losses, BOOM!, down three! Yeehaw! Also, I made rhubarb oatmeal pancakes last night. Soooo good!

I'm so thankful for this Board and all the ideas and support!

naysha6
05-02-2012, 09:21 AM
Good Morning! Happy Hump day! Today is my 5th WI, hoping for some good numbers on the scale! Woke up again with a headache but as my good friend Wuv would say put the sea salt on the tongue to take care of it. Hoping everyone have a good IP day!

Starting weight: 233lb
Wk#1. -4
Wk#2. -5
Wk#3 -2
Wk#4 -3

Hopefully one day I can play with getting my tracker up!

KBig
05-02-2012, 09:26 AM
GM IPeeps!!!

WI # 3 yesterday eve.... down 2.8 lbs. - total loss since 4.9.12 - a lil over 12 lbs.

Im happy about the loss, but I want to put up larger numbers. I have had 5, 4.8, and 2.8 lbs. I would love to see a week where I lose 7 or more.

I was told by the coach that bwecause Im short (less lean mass) I would lose weight at a slower pace than someone who is 5'6 . Taller people have more Lean Mass ( muscle, organs, bones). Has anyone else heard this ? Im 4'11 ....

Ive been OP... havent cheated, and this program is EXPENSIVE and too expensive not to stick to it and work the program for optimal results.

I find it just a lil discouraging that Im told I probably will avg 3-4 lbs, because Im short ... and someone taller will have a higher weight loss avg ... and we'r paying the same $$.

ugh.

12 lbs isnt bad for 3 weeks .... its good actually ... but it seems like I have an extra barrier and thats unfair imo.

Skinnyminny26
05-02-2012, 09:33 AM
Ok, I'm getting very frustrated. Last week I only lost 1.6 and this morning I stepped on my scale and it isn't budging...nit one bit!!! My WI isn't until Saturday but this is a little discouraging as I have been 100% OP. Any suggestions???

shathom
05-02-2012, 09:38 AM
Good morning ladies, tomorrow I have my third weigh in, wish me luck! I am so tickled with this program, 1st week down 13.5 lbs, second week 3 lbs:dizzy:

Have a great day all!

mtnsun4
05-02-2012, 09:38 AM
Good morning all! Been back on track now for since Sunday and lost what was gained during my darn conference trip. :)

Great NSV's and personal stories the past few days.

I am having a challenge on how to balance the major stress at work with still staying positive, and not allowing the stress to de-rail me. Sometimes I feel like I am just treading water! Anyone else feel this way?

Sammi67
05-02-2012, 09:42 AM
I ran a 10 K this weekend and felt pretty good. I havent been able to run more than 2 miles since I started 4 weeks ago. I lost 1.6 this week (my lowest loss so far) and I was a little sore. My coach told me to have an extra protein pack within 15 minutes after cardio. Of course I didnt listen becasue my brain tells me that if I add a packet- I add more calories-therefore I dont lose as much. It is not a calorie based system but Im having trouble changing my mindset from all the years of calories in and calories out. I may have had a better loss if I had listened and wouldnt have been so sore. :0 HAVE a great week everyone!!

lisab
05-02-2012, 09:46 AM
Congratulations to all of you ! all those pounds gone!!!
This is my third week. 1st week lost 6.9. Second 1.6. I'm trying not to step on the scale at home, but I can't help it, Not showing much progress this week yet. Did anyone else go through this? The diet is hard, but so worth it if it works. But not if it doesn't !

mom3girls63
05-02-2012, 09:47 AM
Good Morning One and All! It is a beautiful day here in Ohio! We had some wicked storms pass through last night, but the morning brought sunshine.

Day 11 for me today and I am feeling good. I am over (thank God) the cravings for pasta, pizza and a big hunk of warm bread now and just looking toward my WI on Saturday morning. COME ON SCALE - BUDGE!

Tomorrow night will be another test. We are meeting DH's father at Texas Roadhouse and that bread is going to be staring at me! AH POOHEY! I can push that bread away and order a lovely steak, veggies and a salad.

I have come too far to let a bread basket get in my way! That is going to be my motto for the day! More like this: I have come too far to let a _________(fill in the blank with your temptation) get in my way!

Peace to everyone today!

usmcvet
05-02-2012, 09:48 AM

Thank you.
I brought bars, soy puffs and drinks along with my shaker and other food and packets. I keep a RTD drink and soy nuts in my truck along with a chocolate drink pack so it is always in my truck. Had boiled eggs work well too. I also brought my own olive oil and apple vinegar with me. I'm doing alternatives too so one piece of fruit a day works on the road.

usmcvet
05-02-2012, 09:50 AM
Tomorrow marks WI #6. I am excited and nervous. I have a long journey ahead and want to keep loosing. I've lost so quickly I am worried it will slow down. But the same size pants that felt tight Monday are not feeling so tight today!

jaymeskelt
05-02-2012, 09:51 AM
That's great!! I cheated and weighed in this morning too. I also began Saturday and i have an exact 5 lbs loss to the tee!!! My pants are feeling roomy this morning too! I have had headaches all week though and have not felt very well. As far as others comments, in one ear and out the other...the scale doesn't lie :)

Good morning ladies! Day 2 and feeling good. I kinda cheated this morning and stepped on the scale. But I'm glad I did. Down 5 lbs since Saturday! And this is after a month of eating right and exercising and only lost 2 lbs. I'm sold!

But I carpool with a girl from work and when I told her about it on the drive in, she said it's probably just water weight. These kind of comments are typical coming from her. I'm sure some of it is water weight and I'd already thought about that, but like I said, in an entire month I only lost 2 lbs, so something is obviously happening here. Oh well, I'm not letting it get me down.

I'm not going to change my ticker until my official weigh-in on Saturday, but it still feels good, ya know?

jenn04
05-02-2012, 09:56 AM
Good Morning all. I had two Boca burgers last night with some pepper jack veggie cheese and it was very good. I dont weigh in til Friday, but I put myself on the scale last night and I am in the 180's. Soooo excited. Everyone have a Happy Hump Day!!

Samba
05-02-2012, 09:57 AM

Thank you.

Awesome and off to a super start! Sounds like you are getting some good plans in line too. It does take a bit to get things lined out. I found out tat failing to plan was planning to fail when it came to eating and meals.

Just had some crispy cereal pancakes. Yummy stuff!! Soleil and I have a busy therapy dog day in the schools.

I was in the kitchen and looked around. I realized how our lives have changed. My hubby and son have embraced the low carb lifestyle as I ventured in to IP. They have lost significant weight also. The kitchen is a different place. No breads or pastas, no boxes or sugary snackies. Few canned itens either. There is almond milk and almond flour. A family eating style transformed. I am so excited about this for maintenance. We have moved so much to fresh, unprocessed foods for all our eating!! The guys wanted to eat out last night and carefully chose Japanese...steamed mackeral and shashimi, some chicken broth soup and a salad. By jove, they get it! We all feel so much lighter and more active and alert.

It is not easy to change a lifestyle rooted in childhood and then nearly 30 years of practice ourselves. But, change is possible as long as there is willingness. Good bye fattening typical American dietary choices. Good bye to the center of the supermarket!

smile2laugh
05-02-2012, 10:03 AM
Good Morning All
Good luck to all of you who have WI today ))) sending slim vibes! Thanks for that tip about the eggs . I am so mad at myself - yesterday I came in & I had put on the crock pot for the family dinner. I had run out of the snacks & mindlessly started eating pretzels!! Grrrr what is wrong with me? If I am going to cheat , why pretzels? I have WI tomorrow - I hope it doesn't cost me too much.
Question for all: Is anyone else cold most of the time? I think it is the amount of cold water I am drinking. I can't seem to warm up.
Have a great day IPeeps!

MustangMolly
05-02-2012, 10:06 AM
Good Morning.

I had such a good sleep. I went to bed at 9pm and slept like a rock all the way till the alarm rang at 5:45 this morning. Had a crazy dream that I was away on vacation with Don Draper (from Mad Men).. hee heee no wonder I didnt wake up before I had to.

I have weigh in this morning and I did not wake up feeling skinny today, feeling kinda puffy but it will be ok whatever the scale says. Who knows maybe the WhOOSH Fairy will visit within the next 3 hours. :D

I love Mad Men, don't think I would have wanted to wake up either!

Ok, I'm getting very frustrated. Last week I only lost 1.6 and this morning I stepped on my scale and it isn't budging...nit one bit!!! My WI isn't until Saturday but this is a little discouraging as I have been 100% OP. Any suggestions???

Stay off the scale until your official WI. It is hard to do, I know from experience, but you will gain lots of peace of mind if you can do it.

prettyone
05-02-2012, 10:07 AM
Good Morning All.

Tomorrow is weigh in day with all these moods swings this week I sure hope I lost something lol. Enjoy your day~

CassiR
05-02-2012, 10:14 AM
Good Morning All
Good luck to all of you who have WI today ))) sending slim vibes! Thanks for that tip about the eggs . I am so mad at myself - yesterday I came in & I had put on the crock pot for the family dinner. I had run out of the snacks & mindlessly started eating pretzels!! Grrrr what is wrong with me? If I am going to cheat , why pretzels? I have WI tomorrow - I hope it doesn't cost me too much.
Question for all: Is anyone else cold most of the time? I think it is the amount of cold water I am drinking. I can't seem to warm up.
Have a great day IPeeps!

I was cold the entire phase 1. My fingernails were permanently purple. It was extremely uncomfortable. ALL THE TIME! I started drinking water at room temp and it got way better! Finally I can wear short sleeves again! Stay warm!

sanaroph
05-02-2012, 10:16 AM

Thank you.

Congrats on your weight loss and yes a survival kit is essential! I learned the hard way!

Good Morning.

Sending the WHOOSH Fairy your way!

Good morning IP family!
I'm off to a weigh in today, so I'm rummaging through the chat room drawers looking for that dang 'Whoosh Fairy'.
I'll let you know later if I was able to find her.
Have a great day!

Sending the WHOOSH Fairy your way too!!

Thanks and you too!

Congratulations on starting IP. You will be weighed, measured and asked your long term goals. Make a list of questions you want to ask to have them ready as well as ask if they have a list of items you should always have on hand. Ask if you can call them anytime you need a morale boost as well. That is how you know if they are there to help you be successful.

Good morning all!

Aud

Congratulations on your 1st 100% OP day! The steps to get back on track feel so hard but the reward will be quite worth it!

ChaloJ
05-02-2012, 10:17 AM
Good morning all! Been back on track now for since Sunday and lost what was gained during my darn conference trip. :)

I am having a challenge on how to balance the major stress at work with still staying positive, and not allowing the stress to de-rail me. Sometimes I feel like I am just treading water! Anyone else feel this way?

I have had some extra stresses lately. And honestly, this diet is a bit of a stress itself. I mean, it's fairly simple and staightforward, but it's very mental! For years, I've eaten from head hunger and now...I can't! That's what I mean by stressful. For years, if I wanted a little jolt of pleasure, a little oasis of a treat...I would eat. Now, through this diet, I am trying to change that.

I think it's really good you are recognizing the stress, and recognizing that food isn't going to take it away. Now you get to figure out some new strategies, get them in place for when you are done with this diet.

When I feel stressed, I might call a friend and vent to her, get some extra hugs from my family members, sit and breathe deeply for a while (pray, too), remind myself of simple truths (all I can do is all I can do), take a bath, get a massage/facial, go for a walk, clean something!

Also, make sure you are getting in your full dose of cal/mag. That magnesium is good for relaxation. In fact, one thing I keep around the house is a magnesium powder called Calm. I drink it hot, like a tea. It's soothing.

Here's a big hug to squeeze away some stress: (((()))) and :hug:

Darralyn
05-02-2012, 10:18 AM
Hi Everyone! I read all the posts and some are excited about great losses and not so great losses. I have a weigh in today and have to admit I did cheat and look at my scale this morning and it looks like about 2.5 lbs. I guess it's my age; but I know I am losing inches; all my clothes are too big.
We started a weight loss challenge at work yesterday with teams of 5 and if our team loses the most percentage of weight and keeps it off for 3 months we each get $1000.00. That is a lot of pressure; but I have been dieting since 11/1/11 and I am now down 40 lbs from my all time high of 225. I think this is why IP is going kind of slow because I had lost quite a bit before joining; the last program I was on was Atkins and I had quit losing on that. I believe that IP is the right plan and will stick to it no matter what!
Thanks for sharing your experiences everyone; just knowing your hear sharing your struggles and joy really enriches the journey! Stay OP and have a fabulous day!

Cadu
05-02-2012, 10:19 AM
Just back from WI #11 and am down another 2.5 pounds and I hit 40 pounds gone. On to the next 10 pound goal.

salmongirl
05-02-2012, 10:21 AM
I am on the ten pound count down to onederland!

ChaloJ
05-02-2012, 10:23 AM

Woot! :carrot::carrot::carrot:

prettyone
05-02-2012, 10:23 AM
Just back from WI #11 and am down another 2.5 pounds and I hit 40 pounds gone. On to the next 10 pound goal.

Congrat Cadu.:woohoo:

CkM
05-02-2012, 10:24 AM
Good Mornin everyone! I have been having crazy cravings for candy in the afternoon at the office! The bad part is that there is always a big bag of it on our table :( I haven't had one yet but the craving is killing me! Do you think its okay that instead of soup for lunch I do a pudding? I really want to curb this craving! I dont have my first weigh in until Friday so I am hoping the craving is a 1st week issue!

Have a great OP day everyone!

0ojoyo0
05-02-2012, 10:24 AM

Yay!! How exciting for you! Can't wait until I can say that.

SewingMomma
05-02-2012, 10:27 AM

Yeah!!!!!! That's fantastic!

Good Mornin everyone! I have been having crazy cravings for candy in the afternoon at the office! The bad part is that there is always a big bag of it on our table :( I haven't had one yet but the craving is killing me! Do you think its okay that instead of soup for lunch I do a pudding? I really want to curb this craving! I dont have my first weigh in until Friday so I am hoping the craving is a 1st week issue!

You can have any of the packets for lunch. It doesn't have to be soup. I never have soup. I usually have a Vanilla or chocolate RTD for lunch.

sanaroph
05-02-2012, 10:28 AM

Sometimes you have to work harder to block the naysayers. The 1st week is always the most but the point is you are LOSING. As you stated, something his happening here and it is a good thing.

So many post to read and no time, didn't get to read yesterday either......feels like cheating, when I can't read them. Just a quick pop in to say I am down 1.2 lbs for WI#8.

Congratulations on your loss!

Good morning everybody! Rise and shine!

Have an incredible, joyous day!

Have a great day too Sewmam

After a couple of weeks with no losses, BOOM!, down three! Yeehaw! Also, I made rhubarb oatmeal pancakes last night. Soooo good!

Yay! Congrats!

Good Morning! Happy Hump day! Today is my 5th WI, hoping for some good numbers on the scale! Woke up again with a headache but as my good friend Wuv would say put the sea salt on the tongue to take care of it. Hoping everyone have a good IP day!

Good luck on the weigh in

GM IPeeps!!!

WI # 3 yesterday eve.... down 2.8 lbs. - total loss since 4.9.12 - a lil over 12 lbs.

Im happy about the loss, but I want to put up larger numbers. I have had 5, 4.8, and 2.8 lbs. I would love to see a week where I lose 7 or more.

I was told by the coach that bwecause Im short (less lean mass) I would lose weight at a slower pace than someone who is 5'6 . Taller people have more Lean Mass ( muscle, organs, bones). Has anyone else heard this ? Im 4'11 ....

I have not heard that. I have heard if you have more weight to lose than someone else, they will lose more faster initially but not based on height.

How is your water intake? Are you ahm, going regularly? I find with the specially processed foods here a laxative is in order.

Good morning ladies, tomorrow I have my third weigh in, wish me luck! I am so tickled with this program, 1st week down 13.5 lbs, second week 3 lbs:dizzy:

Have a great day all!

Good luck sending the Whoosh fairy your way!

Yes I do feel this way lately but I think we just have to keep plugging and saying I need to do this program for me!

I ran a 10 K this weekend and felt pretty good. I havent been able to run more than 2 miles since I started 4 weeks ago. I lost 1.6 this week (my lowest loss so far) and I was a little sore. My coach told me to have an extra protein pack within 15 minutes after cardio. Of course I didnt listen becasue my brain tells me that if I add a packet- I add more calories-therefore I dont lose as much. It is not a calorie based system but Im having trouble changing my mindset from all the years of calories in and calories out. I may have had a better loss if I had listened and wouldnt have been so sore. :0 HAVE a great week everyone!!

Have a great week!

Congratulations to all of you ! all those pounds gone!!!
This is my third week. 1st week lost 6.9. Second 1.6. I'm trying not to step on the scale at home, but I can't help it, Not showing much progress this week yet. Did anyone else go through this? The diet is hard, but so worth it if it works. But not if it doesn't !

Yes, your body is adjusting to the diet. Are you drinking all of your water? I find that when I drink half my body weight in ounces of water it helps flush things out.

KBig
05-02-2012, 10:32 AM
btw.... Congrats to all the weight losses announced.

sanaroph
05-02-2012, 10:33 AM
Good Morning One and All! It is a beautiful day here in Ohio! We had some wicked storms pass through last night, but the morning brought sunshine.

Day 11 for me today and I am feeling good. I am over (thank God) the cravings for pasta, pizza and a big hunk of warm bread now and just looking toward my WI on Saturday morning. COME ON SCALE - BUDGE!

Tomorrow night will be another test. We are meeting DH's father at Texas Roadhouse and that bread is going to be staring at me! AH POOHEY! I can push that bread away and order a lovely steak, veggies and a salad.

I have come too far to let a bread basket get in my way! That is going to be my motto for the day! More like this: I have come too far to let a _________(fill in the blank with your temptation) get in my way!

Peace to everyone today!

I found the scale did not budge some weeks until 2 days before weigh in then Whoosh! I am sure you will have a similar experience! Avoid the bread!

Tomorrow marks WI #6. I am excited and nervous. I have a long journey ahead and want to keep loosing. I've lost so quickly I am worried it will slow down. But the same size pants that felt tight Monday are not feeling so tight today!

:carrot: your loss these few weeks has been amazing!!!

That's great!! I cheated and weighed in this morning too. I also began Saturday and i have an exact 5 lbs loss to the tee!!! My pants are feeling roomy this morning too! I have had headaches all week though and have not felt very well. As far as others comments, in one ear and out the other...the scale doesn't lie :)
Congrats on the loss!!

Good Morning all. I had two Boca burgers last night with some pepper jack veggie cheese and it was very good. I dont weigh in til Friday, but I put myself on the scale last night and I am in the 180's. Soooo excited. Everyone have a Happy Hump Day!!

Congratulations!! Are the boca burgers soy based?

CassiR
05-02-2012, 10:34 AM
GM IPeeps!!!

Ive been OP... havent cheated, and this program is EXPENSIVE and too expensive not to stick to it and work the program for optimal results.

I find it just a lil discouraging that Im told I probably will avg 3-4 lbs, because Im short ... and someone taller will have a higher weight loss avg ... and we'r paying the same $$.

ugh.

12 lbs isnt bad for 3 weeks .... its good actually ... but it seems like I have an extra barrier and thats unfair imo.

This program is great but it is not a miracle worker. People who lose 6-15lbs in one week are normally heavier to begin with and it's in their first week. The program advertises 3-5lbs per week and if you are losing anything close to 3lbs per week on average that is great. I'm 5'1 and lost on average less than 2lbs per week. My first weeks were great but then it slowed down. The closer you are to your goal the less fat you have and it will slow down. BUT you will see more drastic changes in your body even with a loss of 0.5lbs. This is the only program I know of where you can lose so much weight so quickly and be healthy and keep it off. Can you diet (a healthy one) and work out and lose as much? Probably not.

Darralyn
05-02-2012, 10:37 AM
Originally Posted by mom3girls63

Peace to everyone today!

I feel your pain regarding the bread; but the bread won't love you back!

sanaroph
05-02-2012, 10:41 AM
Awesome and off to a super start! Sounds like you are getting some good plans in line too. It does take a bit to get things lined out. I found out tat failing to plan was planning to fail when it came to eating and meals.

Just had some crispy cereal pancakes. Yummy stuff!! Soleil and I have a busy therapy dog day in the schools.

I was in the kitchen and looked around. I realized how our lives have changed. My hubby and son have embraced the low carb lifestyle as I ventured in to IP. They have lost significant weight also. The kitchen is a different place. No breads or pastas, no boxes or sugary snackies. Few canned itens either. There is almond milk and almond flour. A family eating style transformed. I am so excited about this for maintenance. We have moved so much to fresh, unprocessed foods for all our eating!! The guys wanted to eat out last night and carefully chose Japanese...steamed mackeral and shashimi, some chicken broth soup and a salad. By jove, they get it! We all feel so much lighter and more active and alert.

It is not easy to change a lifestyle rooted in childhood and then nearly 30 years of practice ourselves. But, change is possible as long as there is willingness. Good bye fattening typical American dietary choices. Good bye to the center of the supermarket!

Hi Samba
Another almond milk drinker here! Dont you love it! We have been eating fresh relatively unprocessed food for a while here and a big adjustment for me being on IP was the use of the process packets. My downfall was on the homemade bread and carby veggies I consider this a reset to an even healthier lifestyle!

Mickeymom
05-02-2012, 10:42 AM
Morning. I need talked off the carb-ledge. I have my TOM so I am moody, plus my stomach is upset so i want comfort food. I have already given in to fast food and cookies.....but of course i am craving more. I need to stop. I know i am giving in to my emotional eating. Uggghhhhhh

rvingprincess
05-02-2012, 10:42 AM

Don't let anyone get you down, 5lbs. is 5lbs. way to go. Keep up the good work.

KBig
05-02-2012, 10:44 AM
This program is great but it is not a miracle worker. People who lose 6-15lbs in one week are normally heavier to begin with and it's in their first week. The program advertises 3-5lbs per week and if you are losing anything close to 3lbs per week on average that is great. I'm 5'1 and lost on average less than 2lbs per week. My first weeks were great but then it slowed down. The closer you are to your goal the less fat you have and it will slow down. BUT you will see more drastic changes in your body even with a loss of 0.5lbs. This is the only program I know of where you can lose so much weight so quickly and be healthy and keep it off. Can you diet (a healthy one) and work out and lose as much? Probably not.

Thx CassiR. Im not looking for a miracle program. Im the sorta person who takes full responsibility for my successes and my failures. Its just a lil perplexing to hear that your wont loose as large numbers due to my height.

Im happy with the results, and Im 100% OP .... no cheats.

Im a high acheiver and perhaps Im putting a lil too much expectation upon myself.

I love the program tho and my goal is to work the **** out of IP and real my curvy 8.

thx for the input.

LSJ100
05-02-2012, 10:45 AM
Hey everyone...After a month I find myself curious how much of my loss is muscle and how much is fat...I asked my coach on Saturday and she was really dismissive, saying "it's all fat"...I find this hard to believe...however they charge $15 every time they do the body composition analysis at the clinic and I can't let myself get in the habit of that because it's too expensive! Anyone else have ways they check or any insights into this? I bought the Omron body composition scale but every time I use it (once a week to try and trend where my muscle/fat is going) the fat is up and the muscle is down and I know it can't be all muscle, either...I'm 29, taking all the supplements, have been 100% OP, and right now I'm not excercising but I got the Slow Burn book and I plan to start it...

sanaroph
05-02-2012, 10:46 AM
Have a great day IPeeps!

I used to be an oven and my husband was cold.. Now I am the one cold all the time :D

Good Morning All.

Tomorrow is weigh in day with all these moods swings this week I sure hope I lost something lol. Enjoy your day~

Good morning I am sure you lost quite a bit!!

We started a weight loss challenge at work yesterday with teams of 5 and if our team loses the most percentage of weight and keeps it off for 3 months we each get $1000.00. That is a lot of pressure; but I have been dieting since 11/1/11 and I am now down 40 lbs from my all time high of 225. I think this is why IP is going kind of slow because I had lost quite a bit before joining; the last program I was on was Atkins and I had quit losing on that. I believe that IP is the right plan and will stick to it no matter what!
Thanks for sharing your experiences everyone; just knowing your hear sharing your struggles and joy really enriches the journey! Stay OP and have a fabulous day!

What motivation to stay on plan $1000.00!!! That is incentive to stay OP. I am sure you will do well!!

Congatulations Cadu!!

Congratulations !!!

I think as long as it is a packet it should be just fine no?

Chikara
05-02-2012, 10:46 AM
DH just had WI #1 this morning after 5 days completed and he is down 11.8lbs. Woohoo!! I have mine on Thursday...super excited for him but I am feeling as though I could kill someone this morning. Headache, crabby, nauseous...ugh! TOM is this weekend so maybe that it is but holy cow is it bad. I feel like eating something bad and a whole bag or two of it but I won't!

I also find it interesting/frustrating that coaches seem to give different advice to their clients. Our coach told him today that:

1. Kale and spinach counts as lettuce so unlimited
2. WF products - unlimited - i.e. drink from the bottle if you want
3. no more than 1 egg white a day

Chikara
05-02-2012, 10:47 AM
Oops...have a wonderful day everyone...sorry to be negative! This mood is killing me!

sanaroph
05-02-2012, 10:49 AM
Morning. I need talked off the carb-ledge. I have my TOM so I am moody, plus my stomach is upset so i want comfort food. I have already given in to fast food and cookies.....but of course i am craving more. I need to stop. I know i am giving in to my emotional eating. Uggghhhhhh

Lately I have been craving carbs like crazy and I am post menopausal.. A few times I actually took a bite and then spit it out.. Be strong, avoid the carbs :hug: gettingback into ketosis is harder than just staying in ketosis

sanaroph
05-02-2012, 10:51 AM
DH just had WI #1 this morning after 5 days completed and he is down 11.8lbs. Woohoo!! I have mine on Thursday...super excited for him but I am feeling as though I could kill someone this morning. Headache, crabby, nauseous...ugh! TOM is this weekend so maybe that it is but holy cow is it bad. I feel like eating something bad and a whole bag or two of it but I won't!

I also find it interesting/frustrating that coaches seem to give different advice to their clients. Our coach told him today that:

I think the coaches are all trained differently hence the different advice ; plus there may be different factors for individuals?

MrsChill
05-02-2012, 10:52 AM

This will happen at times. Last week I was at a steady # on the scale for about 5 days. I was worried but went for weigh in and had lost 2 lbs and 2 inches on my hips. The next day, my scale started moving again and I'm back to my average of 1 lb per day! Hang in there. TOM, Ovulation and water retention can all add to the scale not moving but your still getting work done staying 100% OP.

sanaroph
05-02-2012, 10:58 AM
I have been replying to all the posts to get some inspiration because I am cranky and craving non plan food. Last night I was ridiculously hungry and ended eating a piece of chicken at 11PM after drinking a few cups of tea to stave off the hunger.

Since last weekend it feels like a struggle to stay OP. I have been 100% since Monday. The water does not taste good anymore and I dont want to drink it. I added Mio (my coach is against Mio) yesterday to just get through to my water goal. I had a relative who left yesterday who was here for a few weeks and I think her moody vibes rubbed off on me. The scale is up 2lbs since last weigh in, my intestines feel full. So now I am filling up on tea. But hunger pangs again? seriously :mad:

I think this is where the self sabotage starts but this time I MUST get over it? Any advice? :help:

Kellym1021
05-02-2012, 10:58 AM
Good morning everyone!! I am back from Ireland for my work trip. It was a tough week staying on program but I didn't do too bad and did a lot of walking.

I was up about 3lbs when I got home on Sunday, but maybe it was extra water weight because at my official WI #12 today I am down another 1 lb for a total of 33 in just the 12 weeks. So I am super happy!!

Hope everyone has a wonderful OP day!!
:carrot:

sanaroph
05-02-2012, 11:00 AM
Welcome back KellyM
Congratulations on your weight loss and making it through on your trip. The extra walking I am sure really helped as well. Have a great day!!

usmcvet
05-02-2012, 11:12 AM
Good Morning.

Who knows maybe the WhOOSH Fairy will visit within the next 3 hours. :D

I hope you have a good weigh in.

I did kind of the same thing last week and this week. I weighed in on Wednesday and was back at the doctors on Saturday and weighed in and it had not moved. It was kind of a bummer. I need to work on just doing the weekly weigh in so that it does not get me down. No expert here but I would say just keep working it and it will happen for you.

I have had some extra stresses lately. And honestly, this diet is a bit of a stress itself. I mean, it's fairly simple and staightforward, but it's very mental! For years, I've eaten from head hunger and now...I can't! That's what I mean by stressful. For years, if I wanted a little jolt of pleasure, a little oasis of a treat...I would eat. Now, through this diet, I am trying to change that.

I think it's really good you are recognizing the stress, and recognizing that food isn't going to take it away. Now you get to figure out some new strategies, get them in place for when you are done with this diet.

When I feel stressed, I might call a friend and vent to her, get some extra hugs from my family members, sit and breathe deeply for a while (pray, too), remind myself of simple truths (all I can do is all I can do), take a bath, get a massage/facial, go for a walk, clean something!

Also, make sure you are getting in your full dose of cal/mag. That magnesium is good for relaxation. In fact, one thing I keep around the house is a magnesium powder called Calm. I drink it hot, like a tea. It's soothing.

Excellent Advice.

Can you do something else that's fun and keeps you busy, going for a walk, reading a book, playing with the cat or dog. Try a big glass of water too and think of how good it feels to loose the weight. Good luck, stay strong. Reading the stickies here might keep you busy too.

:hug::hug::hug::hug:

lisab
05-02-2012, 11:14 AM

OK--I'm glad it's not only me. I've been 100% on program too and the scale is not budging.

YankeeFan14040
05-02-2012, 11:28 AM
Ok, I just sent my order in for my "Restart" on program after 13 months of being off plan. I did learn a valuable lesson, to complete all Phases. Previously, I lost 45lbs and went straight from Phase 1 to Phase Party! That, combined with the stress from our loss, resulted in me gaining all back and then some. I am starting OP with my sister-in-law so the company will help me keep on track. Thank you again to everyone on this support site. We all help navigate each other through this journey!!

IPdivajen
05-02-2012, 11:34 AM
Morning all! Congrats on great losses! I weigh in tonight and am excited to see what the scale will bring. I was a bit nervous that it would be a lower amount than before because I am weighing myself at home (I know, I know) but as a result I was able to catch the woosh fairy as she made an appearance at my house. Weighed in yesterday then again today and was down 3.2 lbs in one day. Guess I was retaining a crazy amount of water! But I'll take it! Hope it translates to my IP coach's scale tonight!

For those talking about being concerned about losing lean, remember that lean isn't just muscle, it's everything BUT fat. It's water and bone and blood and connective tissue...so yes, as you lose, it's inevitable to lose lean as well. Especially on the connective tissue front as that's what holds the fat in place. The more fat you burn, the more that connective tissue breaks down and your lean decreases.

Obviously you don't want to see massive changes in lean, but do rest assured that you're not burning through muscle instead of fat when you see a loss of lean.

GloverParker
05-02-2012, 11:43 AM

Thank you.

I'm sure lots of folks will have suggestions here and there is a Travel thread which I'll bump but my piece of advice is to be prepared for the unexpected -- plans change, flights are cancelled, events run long -- so keep extra provisions and you'll eliminate the stress. I travel every week and while I plan for my trips, I ALWAYS have 2-3 extra drink products in my handbag. The drinks are easily mixed in a bottle of water (shake hard!) and work well in a pinch.

I was stuck for 24 hours in San Francisco when Dallas had tornadoes a few weeks ago -- those extra products were lifesavers.

Mickeymom
05-02-2012, 11:44 AM
WE CAN DO THIS!!! We deserve it. I know we are struggling but we have to remember our goal is to loss weight and feel better.
I know the cookies made me feel better in the moment, but then i think of how many calories I inhaled and the work i have to put into to get it off. It really wasn't worth it. Summer is coming and I want to feel good in my skin.

We need to find something else to make us "feel better." You probably are still feeling the effects of the stress from you visitor. That plays a toll on people. You are probably finally relaxing so that is why you want to make yourself feel better...but dont' go to food.

Read a book, take a walk, soak in a bath, craft etc.

I know i have to stop relying on food to make me feel better. It doesn't in the end. Hang in there. :)

I have been replying to all the posts to get some inspiration because I am cranky and craving non plan food. Last night I was ridiculously hungry and ended eating a piece of chicken at 11PM after drinking a few cups of tea to stave off the hunger.

Since last weekend it feels like a struggle to stay OP. I have been 100% since Monday. The water does not taste good anymore and I dont want to drink it. I added Mio (my coach is against Mio) yesterday to just get through to my water goal. I had a relative who left yesterday who was here for a few weeks and I think her moody vibes rubbed off on me. The scale is up 2lbs since last weigh in, my intestines feel full. So now I am filling up on tea. But hunger pangs again? seriously :mad:

I think this is where the self sabotage starts but this time I MUST get over it? Any advice? :help:

mooselover
05-02-2012, 11:47 AM
Oh I miss reading everyone's posts. I am working out of state this week, so I don't have much time to check in.

I wanted to tell everyone about me awesome day yesterday. I came to work yesterday morning ( I work from home, and only come to my "office" every month or two) and I haven't seen anyone here for 2 months. They were all shocked at how much weight I have lost. I had a big smile on my face all day!!! Everyone I saw said something to me about it. I was the best feeling EVER!!!

DanafromAustin
05-02-2012, 11:57 AM

Thank you.
Loosing lean muscle mass has nothing to do with cheating or not. If you aren't getting in enough protein your lean mass will go down. Your body is looking for protein and it will go to your muscles if you aren't providing enough for it. That's why we eat hungry or not.

The first week is a lot of water weight, but who cares as we have to start somewhere. The bottom line is you lost 5 pounds!!! :carrot:
GM IPeeps!!!

ugh.

Not buying the shorter thing. I think it's more with how much you weigh when you started. Those of us who started out heavier will loose faster at first, but then again those who started out not so heavy don't have as much to loose. It all evens out in the end. In the meantime 12lbs in three weeks is excellent. Keep up the good work. :carrot::carrot:

Peace to everyone today!
We eat at Texas Roadhouse occasionally because it's just so easy to order there, but I know what you mean about the bread basket. I know this sounds strange, but I smell the rolls. That's enough for me. ;)
It will slow down eventually, but then on the other hand you will be that much closer to goal. You are doing great, just keep on keeping on.
WhooHoo!!! :hug:
Hey everyone...After a month I find myself curious how much of my loss is muscle and how much is fat...I asked my coach on Saturday and she was really dismissive, saying "it's all fat"...I find this hard to believe...however they charge $15 every time they do the body composition analysis at the clinic and I can't let myself get in the habit of that because it's too expensive! Anyone else have ways they check or any insights into this? I bought the Omron body composition scale but every time I use it (once a week to try and trend where my muscle/fat is going) the fat is up and the muscle is down and I know it can't be all muscle, either...I'm 29, taking all the supplements, have been 100% OP, and right now I'm not excercising but I got the Slow Burn book and I plan to start it...
$15 dollars? Wow that is a lot of money. My coach does it every week with no charge. I've lost a lot of muscle which is common for those of us who started out really heavy as we had built up a lot of extra muscle after carrying around all of that extra weight. I am a lot older than you, so the fat loss is very slow going. I do the slow burn technique (it's tough), and since starting it I have built up muscle and my body fat really started moving down much better than when I was just doing regular strength training. I was really sore after my first session and I've been lifting weights for a few months already. I do the slow burn once a week as recommended. Unfortunately I've learned that when IP states we maintain muscle and loose body fat just by following this diet, it's not true at all. We have to take other measures besides just following the plan.

Darralyn
05-02-2012, 12:01 PM
[QUOTE]Origanlly posted by Mickeymom
WE CAN DO THIS!!! We deserve it. I know we are struggling but we have to remember our goal is to loss weight and feel better.
I know the cookies made me feel better in the moment, but then i think of how many calories I inhaled and the work i have to put into to get it off. It really wasn't worth it. Summer is coming and I want to feel good in my skin.

We need to find something else to make us "feel better." You probably are still feeling the effects of the stress from you visitor. That plays a toll on people. You are probably finally relaxing so that is why you want to make yourself feel better...but dont' go to food.

I know i have to stop relying on food to make me feel better. It doesn't in the end. Hang in there. [QUOTE]

Thanks for the pep talk! I appreciate that!

smile2laugh
05-02-2012, 12:03 PM

Woohoo .. I hope I get there someday!
Good luck - it won't be long now!
:D:cheer2::cheer2::cheer2:

Momto2cs
05-02-2012, 12:04 PM

Even if it is water weight, it's water you have been carrying around that you don't need!

What amazes me about ip is how much less swelling I have in my hands and feet! I used to be a puffy ball! Now I can see my bones!

DanafromAustin
05-02-2012, 12:04 PM
Ok, I just sent my order in for my "Restart" on program after 13 months of being off plan. I did learn a valuable lesson, to complete all Phases. Previously, I lost 45lbs and went straight from Phase 1 to Phase Party! That, combined with the stress from our loss, resulted in me gaining all back and then some. I am starting OP with my sister-in-law so the company will help me keep on track. Thank you again to everyone on this support site. We all help navigate each other through this journey!!
"Phase Party", thanks for the laugh. Glad to hear you are back!

Oh I miss reading everyone's posts. I am working out of state this week, so I don't have much time to check in.

I wanted to tell everyone about me awesome day yesterday. I came to work yesterday morning ( I work from home, and only come to my "office" every month or two) and I haven't seen anyone here for 2 months. They were all shocked at how much weight I have lost. I had a big smile on my face all day!!! Everyone I saw said something to me about it. I was the best feeling EVER!!!
How fun! I know we are all doing this for our selves/our health, etc., but it sure is motivating when you get those positive comments.

Momto2cs
05-02-2012, 12:07 PM

Did you find you were hungry? I did 3 hours of intense exercise for a fundraiser on Saturday and by the evening I was ravenous! It is very true that exercise gives you an appetite!

Momto2cs
05-02-2012, 12:13 PM
Thx CassiR. Im not looking for a miracle program. Im the sorta person who takes full responsibility for my successes and my failures. Its just a lil perplexing to hear that your wont loose as large numbers due to my height.

Im happy with the results, and Im 100% OP .... no cheats.

Im a high acheiver and perhaps Im putting a lil too much expectation upon myself.

I love the program tho and my goal is to work the **** out of IP and real my curvy 8.

thx for the input.

The more you weigh, the more pounds of lean muscle mass you have, but also fat mass. Both of these numbers might need to go down
To reach your goal.

Height should not be an issue until you get close to your goal weight.

Tripmama
05-02-2012, 12:16 PM

Get rid of the scale or limit your use... Stay OP.

Just try to take pleasure in the fact that you know what you are going to eat everyday, at least you have got that part taken care of. Let it be easy.

lowrider04
05-02-2012, 12:16 PM
No WI for me today, heading to the dentist for an emergency root canal. Woke up to a lovely abcess in my mouth this morning. Not good with my recent knee replacement! Off I go.
Congrats on all the great losses this week, you guys are so inspiring!

meandmax
05-02-2012, 12:17 PM

Thank you.

This may seem like a dumb question as i'm just about to start IP on Friday....but how do you know you lost Mass?

Momto2cs
05-02-2012, 12:19 PM
If you want to understand more about the muscle and fat burning google protein sparing modified fasting. Ip is this type of diet.

YankeeFan14040
05-02-2012, 12:19 PM

Be careful with cardio and this diet. Search the forum for threads containing "exercise" and you will realize just how important that Protein Drink is after cardio. With this super restricted diet, your body burns what reserves it has onhand (normally where sugars, carbs are burned) and then if there isn't enough in the oven to burn, your body will tap into burning muscle tissue (which MAY contain heart tissue) to "survive".

Originally Posted by deinekatze View Post

Here are a few links to explanations posted by Elizabeth about why this is best.

http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/3300581-post83.html

http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/3416465-post71.html

http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/3673133-post264.html

ProteinGal
05-02-2012, 12:21 PM

Best wishes, today will be the first day of your journey, enjoy the ride ;)

Soootiff
05-02-2012, 12:24 PM
Seems like lots of people are struggling lately. Hopefully you find the strength you need.

Personally, I look at this plan as not even having the possibility to cheat. There have been times I'm so hungry I get frusterated and would rather just grab whatever I can to eat. But then I take a step back and look at where I am and where I've been.

Another part of the cheating piece to me is the fear of messing with my body. Cheating, from how I was explained at my clinic's open house for IP wreaks havoc on the pancreas. This scares the you-know-what out of me. I'm not trying to mess up things in my body that are necessary to function. Because of this, I'm terrified of cheating. Maybe it's true, maybe it's not, but in my head it makes sense, so not cheating and to actually be afraid of a cheat is worth it to me.

I do have to say that on this program I feel SO positive in so many aspects of my life. I've always been a glass half full person, but even moreso now. I recently had a huge cancer health scare and was able to maintain optimistic about it, and things ended up having a way of working itself out.

OK I'll stop going on and on. But I had a few NSV's today!
My small jeans fit! It's like I have a whole new closet of clothes that I can fit into again!
My boyfriend err fiancee (I can't get used to that word) hugged me and is thrilled about how easy it is for him to put his arms all the way around me. I never realized this was an issue as I gained weight - so glad for this one though. His encouragement means so much to me while I go through this process.

Hope everyone has a great, OP day!

ferrousgal
05-02-2012, 12:40 PM
I did not want to wake up this morning. It was so blissful just sleeping. Of course, 20 minutes after I wake now the stomach monster is roaring. Day 2 here I come....

To add on to the cheating topic, I'm trying to keep in mind what a gluten intolerant person said to me once. She said she doesn't cheat because all she'd be doing is cheating herself, her efforts to keep her body running the way it needs to. In her case, having a crumb of bread was enough to send her guts reeling and have her practically bedridden for a few days.

beckyjo
05-02-2012, 12:43 PM

Ok that just goes right thru me. 5lbs is 5lbs no matter what you are no longer carring that weight around with you. You will lose more water weight at first but you have to start somewhere. You will lose weight quikly and it will benefit you. Your life is going to change for the better and some people can not accept that. Some will be behind you and root you on and some will just wait for you to fail. You wont fail just hang in there and in no time you tastes will change and you cravings will go away. I wish you the very best. and remember anything lost is still lost no matter what it is.:hug:

evepet
05-02-2012, 12:44 PM
G'morning to everyone. Today was my 5th WI and my scale showed me at 195.4 which means I've lost 13.6 lbs since I started at the end of March. An average of 2.72 lbs/week. While I'd love to see those numbers be a bit higher --- LOL --- I'll take it! Quite cheerfully. :D As long as my weight is going down that's success imo.

One story to illustrate the importance of staying OFF the scale... I succumbed last night and stepped on it around 7pm (I was kinda curious to see the difference between my 'end of day' weight and 'early morning' weight)... and it showed 202.3lbs!! A difference of 6.9 lbs! Just shows how things change from pm to am. And I know by now not to get all concerned about the number on the scale, etc. so I wasn't overly concerned ... but in earlier days that would have thrown me for a loop and caused major frustration - and more stress - which makes losing the weight even more difficult. Just sayin' - it really is best to stay off the scale between official weigh-ins.

Nothing special on my agenda today... everything much as usual. Oh - one thing! I just got a new waffle/sandwich maker, so I'm going to try out some of the packet-bread receipes and see how they work on it. I've got it in my head that they'd be tasty with some rhubarb sauce.

As a newbie I have come to realize that I need to keep an IP survival kit with me when I travel. I have read some older posts and have gotten ideals - but would like your input. What do you bring with you when you travel? Thank you.

I now make it a point (even if I'm only away for an afternoon) to keep a protein bar in my purse. If I'm going to be away for longer I include a packet of soup and a drink. Also a container of sea salt, a couple of individual serving packets of WF salad dressing, and sometimes a MIO. It's best to always be prepared. Somebody suggested that if you know you're going to be away for a longer duration during mealtime, it's good to pack some hard boiled eggs + veggies... that's a great idea imo

GM IPeeps!!!

ugh.

I can sort of identify with your feelings, because I feel like my age slows my weight loss... (not sure whether that's true or not). But I've come to accept that this is a long-term goal and committment, and don't sweat the individual weigh-ins so much anymore.

.I am having a challenge on how to balance the major stress at work with still staying positive, and not allowing the stress to de-rail me. Sometimes I feel like I am just treading water! Anyone else feel this way?

Whether it's work-related stress, family life situations stress, health-related stress.. financial problems stress... even the stress of just sticking with a diet... it does affect us, and it's important to try to alleviate it. I'm wondering if it would be possible for you to go for a walk mid-day and ease your tensions? If there's a park nearby, take a portable lunch so you can eat it there and relax in the natural surroundings (and hopefully sunshine). After work try meditation, listening to soothing music... a luxurious bubble bath... or a soak in an epsom bath (great for detoxing, and relaxing the muscles) .. maybe go get a massage or facial?

Congratulations to all of you ! all those pounds gone!!! This is my third week. 1st week lost 6.9. Second 1.6. I'm trying not to step on the scale at home, but I can't help it, Not showing much progress this week yet. Did anyone else go through this? The diet is hard, but so worth it if it works. But not if it doesn't !

Your weight losses will fluctuate as your body adjusts to the diet. The average weight loss for women over time is 3 lbs/wk. Try not to stress over each individual WI... look at it as a long-term committment.

It's awesome that your whole family is on board. And it sure makes for quicker supermarket visits, just shopping the outside of the supermarket!

I'm cold all the time! I have read though that it's common when we're in ketosis. This built in air conditionning will be a nice side benefit when the weather gets hotter... but right now - not so much. LOL.

In fact, one thing I keep around the house is a magnesium powder called Calm. I drink it hot, like a tea. It's soothing.

Thanks for suggesting 'Calm'... I'm going to google it. Sounds like a good idea.

Darralyn;4317203n -We started a weight loss challenge at work yesterday with teams of 5 and if our team loses the most percentage of weight and keeps it off for 3 months we each get $1000.00. .... I believe that IP is the right plan and will stick to it no matter what!

Wow - what an incentive! I love companies that support these types of efforts. Good luck!

Way to go!!! 40 pounds gone! :)

Congrats!! :)

Good Mornin everyone! I have been having crazy cravings for candy in the afternoon at the office! The bad part is that there is always a big bag of it on our table :( I haven't had one yet but the craving is killing me! Do you think its okay that instead of soup for lunch I do a pudding? I really want to curb this craving! I dont have my first weigh in until Friday so I am hoping the craving is a 1st week issue! Have a great OP day everyone!

Nothing wrong with having a pudding packet for your lunch... or a protein bar, if you feel like it. I've found that having something sweet like that helps address the 'sweet craving' issue, and has really helped me stay on plan. Especially in the first couple of weeks.

Good post. I'm so grateful that I found this program... I'm surprised that I'm able to stick to it, and do so relatively easily. Yet the weight is coming off (maybe not at quicky as I'd prefer... but it is coming off) consistently. I feel good, have energy, don't feel deprived. Generally I don't even feel like I'm on 'a diet' anymore. I'm heading in to Week 6 now... and my committment is more solid than ever.

I'm past those TOM days and loving it :) but do sympathize with you. I used to get bad sweet cravings too at that time of month. In general, when I find myself thinking about wanting something that's not on plan, I focus on how much I want to stay in ketosis... the thought of having to go back and go through the first few days always reinforces my resolve to stay strongly on plan and not allow a slip. There have been days over the last five weeks when I've allowed myself an extra 'treat'... but for me that means a second nonrestricted food item, like one of the puddings or a cup of plan-appropriate hot chocolate or cappuchino. And I've monitored what it would do to my daily carb intake before permitting it to myself. However this has just been my way of dealing with occasional 'weakness'... I don't advocate anybody slipping away from 100% IP. Stay strong - you CAN do this!!

Hmm... sorry no particularly useful advice. I also have an Omron, and thankfully the numbers all seem to be heading in the right direction for me. I do recall reading that you shouldn't do the body composition testing on it first thing in the morning... when are you doing your testing?

Congrats on hubby's first WI - great results! It IS frustrating that we seem to get such conflicting advice from different coaches. I'm doing alternative products, and so have no 'personal coach' but often shake my head about the conflicting info given to everyone. So inconsistent. And remember that your crabbiness probably means your fat stores are opening and estrogen is flushing through you. Crabby = Good in IP-speak! LOL.

Lately I have been craving carbs like crazy and I am post menopausal.. A few times I actually took a bite and then spit it out.. Be strong, avoid the carbs :hug: gettingback into ketosis is harder than just staying in ketosis

Yup - that keeps me in line when I start craving something off plan. LOL. While I think I had it relatively easy in week 1, I don't really want to go back and redo it. :)

Remember that the moodiness may just be a reflection of the extra 'released' estrogen from the fat cells, coursing around in your system. Can you do something to get your mind off things... go for a walk outside somewhere - preferably calm and soothing... by a river or lake, or in a park? Go and have a massage - or facial? A massage would be particularly good, as they help us release toxins through the lymph system. I'm going to use massages as my 'reward system' for each 10 pounds of weight loss. I'd love to do it more frequently, but have to watch my $. Another thought... watch a comedy - laughter is a major stress-buster! :D

salmongirl
05-02-2012, 12:44 PM
GM IPeeps!!!

ugh.

I agree with everyone that the short thing doesn't come into play. Just follow the diet. I must say though that 7 #/week is unrealistic. It would be hard to GAIN 7 pounds, much less loose it. I have a 2-3 pound average weekly weight loss that has added up to 50 pounds in a little over 3 months and I feel great. I have never done that with any other diet. so relax and use the time to reevaluate your eating habits and make some new ones that will be better for you!
Stay OP, it will work.

This is awesome. It is also what I want to have happen at the end of my journey. A lifestyle change to a healthier family. Good work!

Good Morning All.

I hope so too!
My new favorite quote!

Have a great day everyone!

Shepard N7
05-02-2012, 12:55 PM
Hello all. Congrats on all the losses!

I weigh myself every day at home. I've found that I actually stress less when I do, and I've noticed a pattern these past few weeks. For whatever reason, I seem to retain water during the week, gaining a pound or two, and then I get my WHOOSH over the weekend. I've always been a number cruncher, so I find trends like this fascinating rather than stressful. I'm up two pounds since my WI on Monday, but TOM is due for a visit within the next day or so. No problem!

Today at work we have a mandatory potluck. :rolleyes: Thankfully, I've had no appetite or cravings for over a month, so I'm not worried about it. In fact, I'm bringing cupcakes. Haha! It'll just be boring watching everyone else eat. I brought my lunch, but the potluck is square in the middle of my eating "schedule" and I'm a creature of habit.

Have a great OP day!

Kaypix
05-02-2012, 12:57 PM
it's probably just water weight.

I was talking to DH about the water weight thing, and he pointed out a very valuable point:

"Big deal, so it's water weight, it's 5/10 LBS you aren't stuck carrying around with you now :) you still lose that before your normal fat stuff, so it's good you get it out of the way, that way you can lose the fat stuff next week"

Love DH...he's great at putting things into perspective for me.

:dust:

LizRR
05-02-2012, 01:00 PM
Ugh, haters gonna hate...you just let it strengthen your resolve! You are doing this for you, and it's working! Stay OP!!!

You NEED to eat! I know we've all been programmed to not eat to lose weight, but with our low calorie count, we need each meal for fuel. Good to hear you're getting your emergency travel plan together!

My first visit I had a 1.5 hour consultation where she went over the program, took my weight, measurements (bust, waist, hip, thighs, arms), body fat%, and hydration level. I received a bag with my salt, vitamins, and 28 IP packs (coach allowed 4 packs/day the 1st week to help deal with hunger). Your first 3 days will be the hardest as you burn through your glycogen reserves, but stick to it!!!

I love this board!

ugh.

It's just a fact of biology - a 200lb 6' person and a 200lb 5' person have a different makeup and burn calories at a different rate due to the simple fact that there is a higher lean mass/fat ratio with the taller person (they have bigger bones, more connective tissue, more blood). And also a 200lb 6' MAN will lose more than a 200lb 6' woman (talking to you usmcvet!) for the same reason - men carry more muscle than women, and muscle is what really burns the calories and revs up the metabolism. The program advertises a 3-5lb average weekly loss for women and 5-7lb average weekly loss for men for that very reason, a 7lb loss (outside of WI#1) seems an unreasonable expectation. You really shouldn't be discouraged with your results, you are doing extremely well. My RMR (Resting Metabolic Rate) has gone down a little each week - as I've been losing some lean mass each week along with mostly fat, which leads me to expect a lower loss as I lose more each week. IPdivajen has a post here helping to explain how we lose some lean mass as we drop the fat:
"For those talking about being concerned about losing lean, remember that lean isn't just muscle, it's everything BUT fat. It's water and bone and blood and connective tissue...so yes, as you lose, it's inevitable to lose lean as well. Especially on the connective tissue front as that's what holds the fat in place. The more fat you burn, the more that connective tissue breaks down and your lean decreases. "

My suggestion is to continue to stay OP and off the scale and wait until Saturday! They call it the 'WHOOSH' for a reason - things don't budge for days and then overnight it's gone...that's why you shouldn't take your weight so seriously day to day. If you follow the plan it comes off - but it's crazy how it just jumps off leapfrog style!

Congratulations on jumping decades! I barely squeeked down last week, it's a great feeling!

WOOOHOOOO Cadu!!! You are rocking it!

Crazy emotions = more estrogen in your blood = burned off fat that released estrogen stored in it.
Ugh, maybe your coach gave your husband 'tailored' information for him since he's a man? But honestly, I find some of it a bit 'off-plan'. Kale and spinach are explicitly listed on the Select veggies list, at least on my sheet - I have heard (at least from the Canada folks) that Cukes and Celery were moved to the unlimited list, but until I hear differently from my coach/new sheet - I'm sticking with my paper.
Also - the 'unlimited' WF, they aren't absolute zero calories - they are 'negligible calories' - i.e., each serving has 4 cals/1 carb - so if one were so inclined you could kick out of ketosis if you went crazy.
And why would you unlimit the WF but limit the egg whites? Most coaches allow 2 egg whites/day since they are all protein and low calorie (2 large egg whites = 34 calories/8g protein/0g fat/0g carb).

For those talking about being concerned about losing lean, remember that lean isn't just muscle, it's everything BUT fat. It's water and bone and blood and connective tissue...so yes, as you lose, it's inevitable to lose lean as well. Especially on the connective tissue front as that's what holds the fat in place. The more fat you burn, the more that connective tissue breaks down and your lean decreases.

Obviously you don't want to see massive changes in lean, but do rest assured that you're not burning through muscle instead of fat when you see a loss of lean.
Thanks for this post IPdivajen. I'm currently doing an 'experiment' with myself the next 2 weeks, adding in a restricted and 3x/week weightlifting class because I noticed that my losses were made up of a consistent 28% of lean mass. I want to see how it plays with my percentages - I'm more concerned with that than the pounds, but remembering that dropping fat lb also comes with lean mass is something I forgot. I'll continue with my experiment and report my findings!

Did you find you were hungry? I did 3 hours of intense exercise for a fundraiser on Saturday and by the evening I was ravenous! It is very true that exercise gives you an appetite!
OMG - I have become ravenous again on my Bodypump days! I haven't been hungry like this since before IP! I have a snack before and a snack after, then my 'real meal' 2 hours after that...the only way to tame the beast!

Diana B
05-02-2012, 01:01 PM

I bought the Omron scale too, mostly for my daughter who is doing alternatives, and the IP protocol, I do know that you are supposed to get on the scale barefoot or it messes with the numbers......my coach weighs and measures me every week, it's all part of the program she has put together. I have been told that the BF and muscle can fluctuate as your body is shifting, etc. but if it is every week I would question my coach again...they are here to help us and I see so many posts on how some are pretty much useless, I am so fortunate that my coaching is awesome. Good luck.

Kaypix
05-02-2012, 01:03 PM
Hey all,

Not a lot of time to post, just swamped at work, per usual. I'm curious if anyone knows if me walking 30 min a day (lunch break) at a "brisk" pace (can talk but not sing out loud) would help me to tone my legs and bumm and burn some calories, or would it hurt me?

P.S. Ya'll are my coaches for IP, so thanks for the great advice thus far :) TOM "should" be over by this weekend so hoping the Woosh Fairy visits me Sat/Sunday for my weigh in next week Monday.

kle
05-02-2012, 01:07 PM
Okay.....so I am new to ip and I will take any advice. I never stick to anything and I'm trying this time. I can't kick the cravings I get at 4 o'clock every day. I have been fighting through them but my hardest obstacle yet is if I don't cheat for a couple days that 3rd or 4th day I have no energy, I find myself nodding off. I have to make another pot of coffee. I am very discouraged. I need energy, I have 3 kids and I can't afford to be tired from the lack of eating! I try all the little tricks. When I eat I have energy! I dieted myself up to 185 pounds. Help, I am frustrated!

skinnybride2be
05-02-2012, 01:17 PM
Good morning everyone! I am so excited to hear about everyone's terrific WI!!! I think my weight loss may be at a halt for some reason this week but I'll keep to the 100% OP! Mind over matter (or food in this instance)!

Momto2cs
05-02-2012, 01:26 PM
Hey all,

Not a lot of time to post, just swamped at work, per usual. I'm curious if anyone knows if me walking 30 min a day (lunch break) at a "brisk" pace (can talk but not sing out loud) would help me to tone my legs and bumm and burn some calories, or would it hurt me?

P.S. Ya'll are my coaches for IP, so thanks for the great advice thus far :) TOM "should" be over by this weekend so hoping the Woosh Fairy visits me Sat/Sunday for my weigh in next week Monday.

All recent studies show that exercise does not help with weight loss, regardless of how many calories you burn. This has been my experience too.

But, a nice walk will tone your legs and make you feel good. If you want to do it a brisk walk should not impact ip in any way.

0ojoyo0
05-02-2012, 01:28 PM
So, I tried mixing the chicken soup with cauliflower and adding spices, but I just could not choke it down. I have enough Pink Lemonade packets to get me through until my WI Saturday, do you all think it would be okay to just have those 2x a day for the rest of this week?

Momto2cs
05-02-2012, 01:28 PM
Okay.....so I am new to ip and I will take any advice. I never stick to anything and I'm trying this time. I can't kick the cravings I get at 4 o'clock every day. I have been fighting through them but my hardest obstacle yet is if I don't cheat for a couple days that 3rd or 4th day I have no energy, I find myself nodding off. I have to make another pot of coffee. I am very discouraged. I need energy, I have 3 kids and I can't afford to be tired from the lack of eating! I try all the little tricks. When I eat I have energy! I diet myself up to 185 pounds and I am lost. Help, I am frustrated!

Have a salad in the afternoon. Lettuce is unlimited and filling.

Drink green tea...switch the timing of your snack...try different foods, eat pickles or egg whites!

Drink more water!!

Momto2cs
05-02-2012, 01:30 PM
You can have the same packet 3 times a day if you want...

Maybe try making the soup into a wrap and having a sandwich?

evepet
05-02-2012, 01:31 PM
"For those talking about being concerned about losing lean, remember that lean isn't just muscle, it's everything BUT fat. It's water and bone and blood and connective tissue...so yes, as you lose, it's inevitable to lose lean as well. Especially on the connective tissue front as that's what holds the fat in place. The more fat you burn, the more that connective tissue breaks down and your lean decreases. "

Interesting - I never thought of this, but it makes absolute sense. Thx.

kle - Okay.....so I am new to ip and I will take any advice. I never stick to anything and I'm trying this time. I can't kick the cravings I get at 4 o'clock every day. I have been fighting through them but my hardest obstacle yet is if I don't cheat for a couple days that 3rd or 4th day I have no energy, I find myself nodding off. I have to make another pot of coffee. I am very discouraged. I need energy, I have 3 kids and I can't afford to be tired from the lack of eating! I try all the little tricks. When I eat I have energy! I diet myself up to 185 pounds and I am lost. Help, I am frustrated!

Are you on a 3-pack/day program? (I ask because for some reason my coach started me on a 4/day program, and I'm still doing that). If you get really low in energy around 4pm could you 'borrow' maybe 2-3 ozs from your dinner protein and have it as a snack between 3-4pm? Or just try having a salad alone? Or a few pieces of celery w some WF dip? (As I'm on a 4-pack system, I almost always have one of them as a snack at 3-30pm... I definitely would have a significant energy drop at that time of day without having that planned into my day. I typically then eat my dinner around 6:30-7pm).

There's another poster on here who I believe mixes up a big chocolate shake midday, with 1 cup spinach blended in, and then divides it up into 3 portions. I think she said she puts the other two in the freezer. She eats one -third then to keep her energy steady, and spreads the others out through the rest of the afternoon/evening, with the final 1/3 of it being her 'before bed' snack (which is part of the protocol). I forget more specific details, but that's the gist of it and I thought it was a good idea. I know she's on a 3-pack/day program. Something like that might be a good idea for you?

0ojoyo0
05-02-2012, 01:31 PM
I was talking to DH about the water weight thing, and he pointed out a very valuable point:

"Big deal, so it's water weight, it's 5/10 LBS you aren't stuck carrying around with you now :) you still lose that before your normal fat stuff, so it's good you get it out of the way, that way you can lose the fat stuff next week"

Love DH...he's great at putting things into perspective for me.

:dust:

I think I just fell in love with your husband. J/k, but it must be great to have such a supportive hubby!

0ojoyo0
05-02-2012, 01:33 PM
You can have the same packet 3 times a day if you want...

Maybe try making the soup into a wrap and having a sandwich?

I didn't know you could do that with the soups. I'll have to look experiment.

evepet
05-02-2012, 01:33 PM
All recent studies show that exercise does not help with weight loss, regardless of how many calories you burn. This has been my experience too.

But, a nice walk will tone your legs and make you feel good. If you want to do it a brisk walk should not impact ip in any way.

And a nice walk can be a great help at relieving stress! That's a big benefit all by itself. :)

Shortcake224
05-02-2012, 01:42 PM
Hi All,

Just dropping by with a friendly HI. Have a great OP day.

reneepw
05-02-2012, 01:51 PM
Hi everyone,
I just wanted to say hi and let some of my fellow newbies know that it does get better. I'm on Day 8 and can't believe how much better I feel already. like kle - i was worried about that 3:00 sleepy time. (I think i'm still waiting for the blanket, snack and pillow like in kindergarden!). My coach said I could have my snack then - and that's what I did through last week. One day I even had an extra shake. But now, I think I'm getting used to it all and I can save my snack for evening. I look forward to that chocolate shake before bed. I've found that water is key, as is making sure I get all my veggies in. Adding a salad also helps. I haven't had an official weigh in yet since I'm on the road, so my WI#1 will really be 1 and 2 combined. I'm nervous about gettign home and seeing the scale, but I've been good all week. I also found that the restaurants have been great. I explain that i'm 'trying to be good' so please just steam my veggies and no sauce on my grilled fish. Since i've opted to skip potatoes or rice, they've doubled my veggies which has been perfect. Anyway - I hope you are all having a great day. And thanks for being here!
Renee

beckyjo
05-02-2012, 01:53 PM
NSV I have finally stopped obsessing (sp) about my arms. If they get smaller great if not oh well. Worring will not help. :nono:

I got to 170 and now I am back and forth from 170 to 173 I know I will break thru eventually and hit the 160's. I am taking this 10 lbs at a time. Hope everyone has a great IP day.

Kaypix
05-02-2012, 01:59 PM
*giggle* my first "mass quote"! Success!

Good Morning I Peeps! Have a wonderful OP day!!!!
Good to see you're on the thread today NewPath :) Hope your day is good too!
I have had headaches all week though and have not felt very well. As far as others comments, in one ear and out the other...the scale doesn't lie :)
Headache cure, it's weird, but salt and water, miracle worker for me the first week.

I was in the kitchen and looked around. I realized how our lives have changed. My hubby and son have embraced the low carb lifestyle as I ventured in to IP. They have lost significant weight also.
Yeah, DH has lost 4 Lbs to go along with my 5, in a week...just because he eats whatever I make for dinner, and is skipping soda and breads to be supportive.

Hot or warm tea, only thing keeping me warm...oh, and a hoodie.

I feel the same about the mood swings. I was aweful to DH last night :( Told him sorry this morning, but still feel rotten. My prayer group prayed for a fast balance to my hormones this morning lol (self preservation for them/coworkers?0)

Thank you for that, I'll keep this posted to my fridge as a reminder for when I go to prowl the shelves

GREAT JOB!!!

Another almond milk drinker here! Dont you love it!
Is Almond Milk allowed in any phase? Or just Phases 3/4? I miss my dairy products more than I miss bread...wait, no that's a lie, I miss them both equally.

I need talked off the carb-ledge. I have my TOM so I am moody, plus my stomach is upset so i want comfort food.
I feel your pain! Mine is aweful this month. Keep in mind, water helps with cramps, so chug chug chug at least that, and remember, just cuz you feel like crap this week, doesn't mean you want to botch everything and feel like crap the next 3 while working off the weight, again. I know it's mean sounding, but it works for me. "This week can suck, I refuse to screw a whole month up just cuz of HORMONES!!" (followed by a good bout of crying, raging and staring at the fridge in anger)

No WI for me today, heading to the dentist for an emergency root canal. Woke up to a lovely abcess in my mouth this morning
Eew, good luck. DH has to get one of those done in the near future, but as we are broke, he is suffering through it, no way could I do that...

I did not want to wake up this morning. It was so blissful just sleeping. Of course, 20 minutes after I wake now the stomach monster is roaring. Day 2 here I come....
Drink a big ol' glass of water first thing when you wake up, even if you wake up once to go pee at like 5AM or something. Then when you ACTUALLY wake up, you won't be quite as starving :)

And a nice walk can be a great help at relieving stress! That's a big benefit all by itself. :)

Hm... this is true :) Thanks for that!

I'm drinking Licorice spice tea this morning in an attempt to get a sugar feeling without actually drinking sugar...all I can say, is YUCK!!!! We have a box of this stuff at work so I thought I'd try it...that was a mistake...definitely...now my water is looking so much more appealing...which is strange for me to say lol. Oh well, back to work. I made time to read the forums this morning though and I'll catch back up this afternoon. Toodles all!
~Kara

kle
05-02-2012, 02:02 PM

I love the will power dust!

Karen71
05-02-2012, 02:02 PM
Well, I am officially OP! Signed up this morning on IP. Love my coach...so supportive, understanding and said will be available to talk when I need to. She did say she will call me a few times this week to make sure everything is going okay and to see if I have any questions.

First WI is going to seem like it will take forever to get here.

Have a great OP day everyone!:)

haddy4
05-02-2012, 02:11 PM
No WI for me today, heading to the dentist for an emergency root canal. Woke up to a lovely abcess in my mouth this morning. Not good with my recent knee replacement! Off I go.

ouch:?: hope you feel better soon....:hug:

Darralyn
05-02-2012, 02:34 PM
Originally posted byKaren71

Well, I am officially OP! Signed up this morning on IP. Love my coach...so supportive, understanding and said will be available to talk when I need to. She did say she will call me a few times this week to make sure everything is going okay and to see if I have any questions.

Welcome, glad you off to such a great start! It is unbeleivable how much this site helps. I read it for about a month before I started IP and the people and their success and support is what made me start.

Mickeymom
05-02-2012, 02:38 PM
Good luck to all the newbies. It is a wonderful program. I have lots 50 lbs and never had luck on other diets. You can do this.
i know you see me struggling but I have been on for over 6 months and emotionally, it becomes a challenge. Good days and bad days for sure. I need to remember by priorities. I need to remember how good i feel when i am OP compared to how crappy i feel when i am eating junk food.
Good Luck

0ojoyo0
05-02-2012, 02:42 PM
Originally posted byKaren71

Welcome, glad you off to such a great start! It is unbeleivable how much this site helps. I read it for about a month before I started IP and the people and their success and support is what made me start.

Same for me. After a month of eating right and exercising with no results, I finally found the IP forum and after seeing everyone's successes and how supportive everyone was, I knew I wanted to go on IP.

YankeeLady57
05-02-2012, 02:43 PM
kle - keeping well-hydrated really helped me stave off the early-afternoon sleepies. I put crystal lite or Miro in the water when i just can't face another plain glass or really, just for a change of pace. Also look into sugarfree gelatin - just a pick me up. If you favor savory flavors over sweet, keep a jar of dill pickle slices handy for a little nosh. Good luck! it's worth the sacrifice, and it isn't forever...

usmcvet
05-02-2012, 02:45 PM
The first week is a lot of water weight, but who cares as we have to start somewhere. The bottom line is you lost 5 pounds!!! :carrot:

It will slow down eventually, but then on the other hand you will be that much closer to goal. You are doing great, just keep on keeping on.

I lost 25#'s the first week. I know most of that was water. So what! I could breath and move so much easier with out that extra weight. It also encouraged me.

Dana

Thanks for your kind words of encouragement. It makes a huge difference to me.

I will check back in later, have an awesome OP day.

lindsayk86
05-02-2012, 02:46 PM
Hello Everyone.
Took me awhile to read up until this point to post.

I am down 2.3lbs this week which is awesome. Nothing really new to report. I enjoy reading everything daily.
Congrats to all the losses and for all the newbies who have just started!!

Have a great day!

mom3girls63
05-02-2012, 02:47 PM

SO TRUE! Thanks!

purple sky
05-02-2012, 02:51 PM

Really? So that old diet and exercise theory has been tossed out of the window. To me it seems like diet is for weight loss and exercise is for maintenance unless you dance. People on Dancing with the stars seem to lose a lot of weight. And Zumba seems to work for many.

DanafromAustin
05-02-2012, 03:00 PM
Dana

Thanks for your kind words of encouragement. It makes a huge difference to me.

I will check back in later, have an awesome OP day.
You are so welcome. You are doing an awesome job and I'm very proud of you.:encore:

evepet
05-02-2012, 03:09 PM

Have a great OP day everyone!:)

Sounds like you're off to a good start Karen. I'm glad you like your coach, and find her so supportive.

kle
05-02-2012, 03:15 PM
Hi everyone,
I just wanted to say hi and let some of my fellow newbies know that it does get better. I'm on Day 8 and can't believe how much better I feel already. like kle - i was worried about that 3:00 sleepy time. (I think i'm still waiting for the blanket, snack and pillow like in kindergarden!). My coach said I could have my snack then - and that's what I did through last week. One day I even had an extra shake. But now, I think I'm getting used to it all and I can save my snack for evening. I look forward to that chocolate shake before bed. I've found that water is key, as is making sure I get all my veggies in. Adding a salad also helps. I haven't had an official weigh in yet since I'm on the road, so my WI#1 will really be 1 and 2 combined. I'm nervous about gettign home and seeing the scale, but I've been good all week. I also found that the restaurants have been great. I explain that i'm 'trying to be good' so please just steam my veggies and no sauce on my grilled fish. Since i've opted to skip potatoes or rice, they've doubled my veggies which has been perfect. Anyway - I hope you are all having a great day. And thanks for being here!
Renee

Have ur cravings stopped? I just don't want to fail this time!

LizRR
05-02-2012, 03:16 PM

As long as you don't bump it up too strenuous and stay in 'the fat burning zone' I'd think the walking would be great for tone! I actually do ~2-2.7mi 4x/week, but I am at a less than brisk pace. I make sure to have my snack beforehand @ 4pm so I have enough energy (want to make sure I'm not burning muscle).

Okay.....so I am new to ip and I will take any advice. I never stick to anything and I'm trying this time. I can't kick the cravings I get at 4 o'clock every day. I have been fighting through them but my hardest obstacle yet is if I don't cheat for a couple days that 3rd or 4th day I have no energy, I find myself nodding off. I have to make another pot of coffee. I am very discouraged. I need energy, I have 3 kids and I can't afford to be tired from the lack of eating! I try all the little tricks. When I eat I have energy! I diet myself up to 185 pounds and I am lost. Help, I am frustrated!

I'm assuming you are still in your first few days? Do you have 3 or 4 packets a day (my coach allowed 4/day the first week)? Have you tried a packet recipe adding 2 egg whites (crispy cereal pancakes or pudding muffins come to mind)? You can 'split up' your dinner protein between lunch & dinner if needed. Make sure you eat every 4 hours - I actually have bfast@8am, lunch@12pm, snack@4pm, dinner@8pm. Works best for my schedule and hunger. When I tried to do the bfast/lunch/dinner/snack there was too much time between lunch & dinner & I was crashing. You can also split up your veggies amongst your meals - I found stuffing in 2 cups at lunch & 2 cups at dinner was too much. I have a spinach breakfast smoothie, steamed veggies w/my lunch soup, kale chips with my snack, veggies w/dinner, and rhubarb w/my raspberry jelly on my 4th packet days (when I weightlift 3x/week). Just get your 4 cups in, also I use salads and water to fill me up when needed.

So, I tried mixing the chicken soup with cauliflower and adding spices, but I just could not choke it down. I have enough Pink Lemonade packets to get me through until my WI Saturday, do you all think it would be okay to just have those 2x a day for the rest of this week?

As long as it's an IP packet - it shouldn't matter. Love this program, so easy to interchange and choose with each others taste. Example: I personally prefer the Chicken Soup and not crazy about Pink Lemonade.

[QUOTE=Karen71;4317654]Well, I am officially OP! Signed up this morning on IP. Love my coach...so supportive, understanding and said will be available to talk when I need to. She did say she will call me a few times this week to make sure everything is going okay and to see if I have any questions.
QUOTE]

Awesome! A great coach is invaluable - I love my coach, but honestly this site is my first go-to. The combination is fantastic.

kle
05-02-2012, 03:19 PM
kle - keeping well-hydrated really helped me stave off the early-afternoon sleepies. I put crystal lite or Miro in the water when i just can't face another plain glass or really, just for a change of pace. Also look into sugarfree gelatin - just a pick me up. If you favor savory flavors over sweet, keep a jar of dill pickle slices handy for a little nosh. Good luck! it's worth the sacrifice, and it isn't forever...

Thank you! I have to remind myself of that when I get hungry. It is worth it! I appreciate your advice:)

sekc14
05-02-2012, 03:20 PM

Eat 3 packs a day of something. I have made "bread" or rather wraps from soups. Not sure if the chicken soup would make into a wrap but, might be worth a try. I've done all kinds of crazy experiments with IP food and some of the accidents turn out to be marvelous. Like the other day when I made pancakes with Pina Colada drink mix rather than Lemon Pudding. It was delicious with the WF Blueberry syrup!!

rvingprincess
05-02-2012, 03:21 PM
Well tonight is WI #3, I jumped on the scales this morning and only down 1 pound and I have been OP all week, even with all the temptations at work (lots of birthdays), pizza, cake (twice), dounuts & cookies and I didn't touch anything. But so far I have lost 14 lbs. in 17 days, I guess I shouldn't complain. As everyone is saying a loss is a loss I will take the 1 pound. Well we will see what happens tonight. I hope everyone has a great OP day and congrats. on all the losses.

MustangMolly
05-02-2012, 03:23 PM
Eat 3 packs a day of something. I have made "bread" or rather wraps from soups. Not sure if the chicken soup would make into a wrap but, might be worth a try. I've done all kinds of crazy experiments with IP food and some of the accidents turn out to be marvelous. Like the other day when I made pancakes with Pina Colada drink mix rather than Lemon Pudding. It was delicious with the WF Blueberry syrup!!

I have used the chicken soup to make "bread/wraps" and I really like it. I do mine in a skillet like a pancake, they can puff up quite thick so I really try to thin out the batter. They are great for a veggie sandwich.

Cadu
05-02-2012, 03:39 PM
Well I am happy to report that my son is going to start IP using alternatives tomorrow. I will be his coach. He is only 21 and weighs about 325 pounds and I am so afraid for his health. He has been thinking about doing it since I have been losing but today his girlfriend of 4 1/2 years broke up with him so he wants to start ASAP. I am both and happy & sad for him today. He needs all the good vibes he can get so I am asking you to send your positive vibes to my Tommy.
Thanks

Momto2cs
05-02-2012, 03:43 PM
Really? So that old diet and exercise theory has been tossed out of the window. To me it seems like diet is for weight loss and exercise is for maintenance unless you dance. People on Dancing with the stars seem to lose a lot of weight. And Zumba seems to work for many.

I agree, although you can be sure the dwts people are watching what they eat while on tv! Plus they are dancing many hours a day...

I Zumba twice a week, along with all my other exercise. It's great!

MustangMolly
05-02-2012, 03:45 PM
I agree, although you can be sure the dwts people are watching what they eat while on tv! Plus they are dancing many hours a day...

I Zumba twice a week, along with all my other exercise. It's great!

I really miss Zumba. I had been doing it for about a month before I started IP and while I tried to get back to it I just can't right now. I was really putting my body into starvation mode, even with the extra packet, so I will have Zumba to look forward to once I make it to phase 3.

evepet
05-02-2012, 03:52 PM
Well I am happy to report that my son is going to start IP using alternatives tomorrow. I will be his coach. He is only 21 and weighs about 325 pounds and I am so afraid for his health. He has been thinking about doing it since I have been losing but today his girlfriend of 4 1/2 years broke up with him so he wants to start ASAP. I am both and happy & sad for him today. He needs all the good vibes he can get so I am asking you to send your positive vibes to my Tommy.
Thanks

Done - lots of good vibes being sent Tommy's way. That's sad about him having to suffer through the angst of a romantic break-up... but really exciting that he's hopping on the IP wagon. Lots of info here on alternative products - and he has a fantastic coach and role model right in his home. This will be soooo great for his health. I'm really happy for him, and looking forward to progress reports. :carrot::carrot:

lisab
05-02-2012, 03:56 PM
I discovered chocolate hazlenut TEA bags at target. With one splenda, you feel like you are getting dessert!

mlucas
05-02-2012, 03:59 PM
1st week of P2 down and i'm down 2.9 at my WI and 1.5 inches! So i'm officially down 30lbs! I truely never thought this day would come. I'm 5lbs away from onderland... but i'm putting that off till i get back from Vaca. since i'll be putting some back on once i get on to P3 next Wed. Wow... I'm in shock!

evepet
05-02-2012, 04:01 PM

I just got a new waffle/sandwich maker today, and am going to be experimenting. I used a pancake packet today and used it in the 'sandwich' plate part... turned out in 4 crispy triangular sections that were really very tasty. I ate that for lunch, using the sections to scoop up my stewed rhubarb. I found it very satisfying. I think I'll experiment tomorrow with a cream of chicken soup packet and see how that turns out. I have to 'doctor' my chicken soup quite a bit to make it actually enjoyable (and I do enjoy it when it's 'doctored' but the process of getting there takes time)... and if it makes a good waffle/sandwich it will give me another (faster & easier) lunch option.

evepet
05-02-2012, 04:03 PM
I discovered chocolate hazlenut TEA bags at target. With one splenda, you feel like you are getting dessert!

Crap - wish we had a Target in my town. :mad: That sounds good.

lroderick
05-02-2012, 04:07 PM
Well back on IP, & my first WI and lost 5 lbs !! :woohoo: w00t w00t! I'll take it! My cravings have been so bad today, I think being on a diet you get even MORE hungry than usual because you want what you can't have! (story of our life) I think The toughest part is staying creative & not getting too bored with eating the same food! Unfortunatly I'm not the greatest cook :( so I eat a lot of the same stuff ! But, this diet is perfect to get me back on track, hopefully I can still exercise & get results?! :p I love my zumba !!! Hope everyone has a skinny day!! :dancer::

Kaypix
05-02-2012, 04:14 PM
As long as you don't bump it up too strenuous and stay in 'the fat burning zone' I'd think the walking would be great for tone! I actually do ~2-2.7mi 4x/week, but I am at a less than brisk pace. I make sure to have my snack beforehand @ 4pm so I have enough energy (want to make sure I'm not burning muscle).

OOoh, good point. I waited to eat my lunch til' I got back, then drank my shake and am now having water while I munch on veggies. I don't think I go very far...I'll mapquest it and see! Ooooh 1.25 miles :D I get an hour lunch, but I like to use 20 min or so to check forums and just kind of "center" myself, so a 20 min walk, 20 min "centering" and chilling out, and then 20 min of back to work mixed with toodling around a bit. I get pretty worn out when I do my walk, reminds me more of when I used to jog, but I assume that's the lack of protein in me for "the bod" to burn.

When I was in my teens I joined a "walkasize" class in gym (yes really, optional gym class to take the place of traditional gym). We walked 3-4 miles every 45 minutes (15 min to change) , 5 days a week. I slimmed down a ton and lost about 15 lbs during the school year (sept thru may) and my bumm looked FANTASTIC! A decade later... not so much...but for now it's nice outside so I'm gonna walk til' my bumm falls off...but will eat BEFORE I do that next time.

Kaypix
05-02-2012, 04:18 PM

I said this in a post higher up, but when I was younger I joined a walking class in school, walked 45 min a day, had to get at LEAST 3 miles to get an A in the class, me and another girl pushed to 3.5 most days. I lost about 15 lbs in the span of a school year without changing any of my eating habits (not allowed to eat in class, wait til' lunch, lunch was proportioned servings and I never touched veggies) Is it true that walking helps your metabolism? I read so many varying beliefs on it :(

Lace and Levis
05-02-2012, 04:20 PM
Thanks

WOW!!! What a day. You hit the big "40" lbs and your son is going to take control of his health. You must be one proud mama. You set the example by taking control of your health. Perfect example of how actions speak louder than words. Congratulations on both your weight loss and son! :cheer3:

0ojoyo0
05-02-2012, 04:33 PM
Thanks

Good for him, taking control of his life like that! And awesome that you'll be his coach! Too bad about his girlfriend, sending positive vibes his way.

purple sky
05-02-2012, 04:33 PM
I said this in a post higher up, but when I was younger I joined a walking class in school, walked 45 min a day, had to get at LEAST 3 miles to get an A in the class, me and another girl pushed to 3.5 most days. I lost about 15 lbs in the span of a school year without changing any of my eating habits (not allowed to eat in class, wait til' lunch, lunch was proportioned servings and I never touched veggies) Is it true that walking helps your metabolism? I read so many varying beliefs on it :(

Good question. I used to walk a lot when younger because I lived in the city and you had to walk to get everywhere. I suspect that is how I maintained then, not sure. But, the weight did pile on once I moved to the burbs and became a car person. I was also past 30 and my metabolism had slowed. Also, driving to eat out and sitting is different from walking and possibly standing on a train and walking some more to eat and then walking after. The weight did not seem to stick then. Somehow "exercising" is not my thing. I thought it much easier to walk if I were going somewhere. Sometimes we would walk part of the bus stop or train route. Easy to get an extra mile in there with no effort. I lost some weight last summer when I was just not sitting. Was caring for family and I was just up and down non-stop. I could not figure out how I had lost weight since I was eating whatever and whenever and not exercising. Chaos and stress were also a part of that diet. But, desk jobs, suburban living and car culture seems to help me to hold on to the weight. Generally speaking comfort and structure. Walks at lunch did nothing. Apparently, running around like a crazy person is exercise for me.

Hockeymom40
05-02-2012, 04:35 PM
Just want to say hi and congrats to everyone that had losses this week. I too was down another 1.5 lbs. I am a low/slow loser. I think I am going to start walking more. I feel like I need to move. My coach frowns on more intense exercise. I was feeling a little down today but the women who weighed me was extremely impressed with my losses. She said they most never see someone lose consistently each week. She really made me feel good!

Darralyn
05-02-2012, 04:41 PM
On my way to WI, wish me luck.
Cadu I am sending best wishes to your son! With you as his coach he should do great!

DanafromAustin
05-02-2012, 04:41 PM
Thanks
Carol, that's great! I'm sure you have given him a lot of motivation. It's always great when we can be a role model for our kids.

Well back on IP, & my first WI and lost 5 lbs !! :woohoo: w00t w00t! I'll take it! My cravings have been so bad today, I think being on a diet you get even MORE hungry than usual because you want what you can't have! (story of our life) I think The toughest part is staying creative & not getting too bored with eating the same food! Unfortunatly I'm not the greatest cook :( so I eat a lot of the same stuff ! But, this diet is perfect to get me back on track, hopefully I can still exercise & get results?! :p I love my zumba !!! Hope everyone has a skinny day!! :dancer::
:welcome2: Glad you're back!

mlucas
05-02-2012, 04:42 PM
BTW: Skin tip! (has nothing to do with this thread but I thought i'd throw it in) - Try to use bathing gels/soaps with out Sulfate!!! SLS is horrible for your skin and can really fight against the collegen building! There are more and more products coming out with out it. I changed a while ago and my skin feels amazing.. i barely ever use lotion and is visibaly noticeable (elasticitywise) I use Burts Bee's Rosemary and Mint! Yes.. it's organic! lol
Even as a hair stylist, my shampoo's are all SLS free! You will love and notice the difference!

Momto2cs
05-02-2012, 04:48 PM
I mlucas
I like your post! But, I have to ask, are you really going to try to get to 12 % body fat? That is extremely low for women, and will require some pretty drastic measures! I am just curious...i would love to get there too...

Kat2500
05-02-2012, 05:07 PM
Hi - the clinic that I go to uses a piece of equipment that measures fat, lean mass and hydration - a print out is given to each person when they leave.

GemIAm
05-02-2012, 05:17 PM
:?: Da Blues.... :?:

I am having a really down day. I have been OP all week, but have been really cranky & exhausted. I KNOW I am having extra work stress and life stress. I am reading 3FC to remind myself to be positive.

I think I'm in the doldrums...I've lost 50 lbs...now what? It hasn't improved my work life. My hubby still plays computer games every night, and my kids are still unmotivated & disrespectful. Sometimes it seems to me that as I take better care of myself and respect myself more, I notice the many ways that other people do not respect me/take me for granted.

To top it all off, one of my best friends moved out of town a month ago, and another is leaving June 10th. OK - I'm going to stop now - I would blame it on TOM, but I had a hysterectomy over a decade ago (still have hormones, just no visible cycle). :stress: Thanks for tolerating my cranky rant.
-Amy

Minnie5
05-02-2012, 05:24 PM
GM IPeeps!!!

ugh.

KBig , your weight loss is awesome! Too lose over 12 lbs in 3 weeks is a fabulous weight loss! Be proud! I don't believe in the whole height thing you were told about, everyone loses differently! Believe me, weight does not fall off my bones, and I am 5'5". My loss so far is just over 11 pds in 4 weeks.
So don't fret over it, and keep chugging along.... your doing great!

mylastdiet
05-02-2012, 05:33 PM
Cadu I am sending best wishes to your son! With you as his coach he should do great!

Good luck on your WI!

purple sky
05-02-2012, 05:39 PM
I think I'm in the doldrums...I've lost 50 lbs...now what? It hasn't improved my work life. My hubby still plays computer games every night, and my kids are still unmotivated & disrespectful. Sometimes it seems to me that as I take better care of myself and respect myself more, I notice the many ways that other people do not respect me/take me for granted.

Pay attention to that. Sometimes as we better ourselves, not everyone is along for the ride. And that's okay. What you want to avoid is taking steps back to please them or be where they are at. Keep moving ahead. You are doing what is right for you, right?

Kaypix
05-02-2012, 05:50 PM

Gem,

I'm sorry you're having a rotten day :( I know sometimes life feels like no matter how hard we're trying and think we should have a break, it just won' give it to us. My hubby is a computer game geek mixed with a gearhead...I see him like, once a week outside the garage or living room. I cook for him, clean, wash his laundry, put it away, and support him in his insanity. The difference for us is he deals with my mood swings, insecurities and random bouts of pity party like a champ. Has your hubby mentioned that he's noticed you've lost weight? What about the kids, are they middle school age, high school?

You deserve to be healthy and happy in your own right. Hubby should be telling you how awesome you are for doing this and losing 50 lbs in 3 MONTHS! That's a huge achievement. Kids are kids, I've known some I love, but known more I couldn't stand (including me in my teenage years). Be tough!

KBig
05-02-2012, 05:56 PM
Off to teach Zumba.... bbl

Orange Drink in hand.... woooohooooo

haddy4
05-02-2012, 05:59 PM
http://www.3fatchicks.net/img/bar-pinknots/cartoonstar01/lb/240/150/192/.png (http://www.3fatchicks.com/) I'M SO EXCITED! i think i got my tracker on, lets see if it works!

haddy4
05-02-2012, 06:13 PM

YUM...i cant wait to try it !!

lisab
05-02-2012, 06:25 PM
Crap - wish we had a Target in my town. :mad: That sounds good.

it's Stash tea--found on Amazon for you!
http://www.amazon.com/Stash-Chocolate-Hazelnut-Tea-18-Count/dp/B000CQG8B2/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1335993887&sr=8-1

YankeeFan14040
05-02-2012, 06:28 PM

Thanks for the heads up....just what I need to replace the flavored coffee creamers that I had been having each morning.

evepet
05-02-2012, 06:35 PM
http://www.amazon.com/Stash-Chocolate-Hazelnut-Tea-18-Count/dp/B000CQG8B2/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1335993887&sr=8-1

Thanks. Maybe I can find it somewhere else in town.

Kaypix
05-02-2012, 06:36 PM

Thanks will order that probably in the next couple weeks to curb the sweet tooth!

Kaypix
05-02-2012, 06:41 PM
http://www.3fatchicks.net/img/bar-pinknots/cartoonstar01/lb/240/150/192/.png (http://www.3fatchicks.com/) I'M SO EXCITED! i think i got my tracker on, lets see if it works!

Jealous! I'm trackerless, only been on for like 2 weeks, if that :( But I'll get there, dangit!

Patches n Polly
05-02-2012, 07:03 PM
I am a newbie to this site so trying to figure out how all the posting works. I am really happy to see that some of you also only lose 1.5 to 2 pounds per week. The sign at the place I weigh it states that you will 3 - 7 pounds per week and I thought it was just me that was only losing 1.5 some weeks. It gets to be a bummer when you follow the plan so strickly and lose a small amount. Great job everyone on here for how you have all come. The tough weeks will all be worth it in the end. Keep up the awesome work.

atho128
05-02-2012, 07:24 PM
First WI tomorrow! eeeeekk! I really excited but really nervous at the same time. This week has felt like a year! I hope I don't get to the scale and am disappointed :(

atho128
05-02-2012, 07:28 PM
Good Luck Darralyn!!!

Samba
05-02-2012, 07:51 PM
Hi Samba
Another almond milk drinker here! Dont you love it! We have been eating fresh relatively unprocessed food for a while here and a big adjustment for me being on IP was the use of the process packets. My downfall was on the homemade bread and carby veggies I consider this a reset to an even healthier lifestyle!

Actually, I have not gotten to imbibe in the almond milk! Someday I will, but I got it for the guys after I was already on IP.

Just got in from a busy day! Soleil and I did therapy dog work at kindergarten asssessment day. Then we did reading at the middle school. Then I made a quick trip through the GW for more size 8s! Tried a cute 10 jean skirt and it fell off. Crazy this IP diet. I am many pounds from goal but the body changes are remarkable!

Then,, I bought pepper, squash and tomato pants. My fellow IP friend and I are doing a garden ths year!

We have a squash casserole in oven. Coals readying for a tenderloin steak filet. There is good eatin ' at meal time! I am about to hit the salad. Then catch up on my chat reading!

NewPath
05-02-2012, 07:57 PM

AWESOME!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!:carrot:

Chloe222
05-02-2012, 08:05 PM
Hi everyone,
This is my first moment on today's thread - so much catching up to do! Welcome to all the newbies from the past few days!! So glad to see you here!

Chloe222
05-02-2012, 08:13 PM

Mtnsun,
Turn your thinking around. With more stress, give yourself more love, reach for more water/tea, etc. Be strong, don't be a slave to old bad habits. YOU CAN DO THIS!!

If it helps, just remember you "have to report in" to us and maybe that might help? Only trying to help you. Sending you love & willpower!

naysha6
05-02-2012, 08:13 PM
Hi all, back from WI #5 . I am done another 2 lbs. I wont complain as long as the scale is going in the right direction. Now thinking about what I can tweak for next week. Seems like I lost more when I wasn't exercising vs doing Walk away the Pounds every morning. Also just made my signature so hopes it appears on my post.

http://www.3fatchicks.net/img/bar097/slider-lifter2/lb/233/150/217.4/.png (http://www.3fatchicks.com/)

Wk#1 -4, Wk#2 -5, Wk#3 -2, Wk#4 -3, Wk#5 -2

Chikara
05-02-2012, 08:20 PM
First WI tomorrow! eeeeekk! I really excited but really nervous at the same time. This week has felt like a year! I hope I don't get to the scale and am disappointed :(

My first WI is tomorrow too!!!:goodluck: You will do great!!!!

NewPath
05-02-2012, 08:28 PM
I have used the chicken soup to make "bread/wraps" and I really like it. I do mine in a skillet like a pancake, they can puff up quite thick so I really try to thin out the batter. They are great for a veggie sandwich.

How much water do you add to the chicken soup powder? Can I make it in advance and take it to work?

Chloe222
05-02-2012, 08:35 PM
I ran a 10 K this weekend and felt pretty good.I may have had a better loss if I had listened and wouldnt have been so sore. :0 HAVE a great week everyone!!

Intense exercise takes you out of the fat burning zone. Google exercise and fat burning zone to learn more. Lots of new research out there. I understand how you feel, its hard to wrap your mind around but read up!

Carol,
That's WONDERFUL!!

Are you finding this program is getting easier as time goes on?

usmcvet
05-02-2012, 08:44 PM

Awesome
Awesome
Awesome
Awesome
:cb::cb::cb::cb::cheer:

Chloe222
05-02-2012, 08:58 PM

I think reading highly supportive books all the time are helpful - at least for me. So I read Dr Tran's book (IP founder) and free download is in the opening message of the daily thread. Recommend reading it - and re-reading it.

NewPath
05-02-2012, 08:59 PM
Yup, I am crashing just about every afternoon. I am 100% O.P.
I feel good from 5:30 A.M. until about 2:30...then, I start getting fuzzy, ravenous, edgy, grouchy......really quite uncomfortable. It feels like it is either hunger-induced anxiety or anxiety induced hunger. (It happens on the weekends as well.) Last night, this UGLY feeling led to a REALLY nasty mood. The same thing happened today. I almost feel like I am coming down with something-but I am not.
I have tried, salt, MORE water, extra potassium, and today-hardboiled eggs. Nothing is working. Please....is this normal? I am also having odd menstrual like cramps-even though it is not my Tom.

On a more positive note, these are some of the comments I got today,

"Holy S*%#, my name inserted here, you have lost a ton of weight! Are you dieting?"

"You look so pretty today. You should wear make-up more often."
My thought......."JESUS, MARY, and JOSEPH!"...........

"Mrs. (my name here), your back isn't as fat today. You look beautiful! Would you like to come to my dad's house on Saturday, we could have a play date, I love you, can I get a drink."
.......................................the ultimate compliment!

My favorite (NOT!)
"You should wear that(new top) more often, those bigger clothes make you look fat."

Would love to loose the afternoon crash................worth every minute.

Kat2500
05-02-2012, 09:00 PM
Thanks everyone for all of your IP travel/survival kit suggestions and support!! I am starting to get the hang of how this works. I have learned a lot reading the posts on this site.

It is great having the support and wisdom of others who have already been down the path.

3sisters
05-02-2012, 09:01 PM
Well I am happy to report that my son is going to start IP using alternatives tomorrow. I will be his coach. send your positive vibes to my Tommy. Thanks

Tommy, I'm sorry you're likely hurting from your breakup, but I'm so impressed with the maturity you are showing at such a young age! You will never regret taking these steps to take care of your health - AND won't hurt your love life either I'd guess!

Cadu - what a devoted Mom - you will be a great coach and even more - a great inspiration for your son.

haddy4
05-02-2012, 09:07 PM
Jealous! I'm trackerless, only been on for like 2 weeks, if that :( But I'll get there, dangit!

thanks i still cannot figure out how to get it on my profile ha ha so still working on it:carrot:

0ojoyo0
05-02-2012, 09:12 PM
I was looking for sauces to add flavor to my veggies and came across this sugar free teriyaki sauce. (http://www26.netrition.com/seal_sama_sf_teriyaki_sauce.html). Has anyone had this. And is it allowed on phase 1?

Lynnie63
05-02-2012, 09:14 PM
4th WI today, only lost two pounds. I know, I know, I should be happy with any weigh loss and 16 pounds in 4 weeks is good....

I suggested to my coach that some people get better results with a restricted every day, she doesnt think I should do that, she suggested a walk three times a week.

I'm OP, however, I don't measure,my veggies, would a little over,here and there make that much of a difference? I've been getting hungry about 10:30 at work, so,i've been having a couple of egg whites. I don't have Ketostx, maybe I should get them so I can check that I'm in Ketosis?

sanaroph
05-02-2012, 09:23 PM

I know i have to stop relying on food to make me feel better. It doesn't in the end. Hang in there. :)

Thank you so much! I do need the pep talk and it helped a great deal. I ended up taking a nap and then dragged myself out to get food shopping done (I am feeling super tired).. Ended up having 4 IP packets today instead of the usual 3 because I felt I needed it. Right now I am baking cupcakes for DD 11th birthday tomorrow to take to school so not quite bedtime yet!

Darralyn
05-02-2012, 09:23 PM
Hi All, back from WI and was down 5.5 lbs. YIPEEE!!
Went to the Dr for physical and she was grinning ear to ear at my lab work and weight loss (40 lbs. total) 10 total in 3 weeks of IP. I am no longer borderline diabetic my A1c was 5.5 all the other stuff was great and she lowered my BP medication and took me off Prilosec. I am dancing the happy dance!! So today my weight was 185

purple sky
05-02-2012, 09:30 PM
I feel good from 5:30 A.M. until about 2:30...then, I start getting fuzzy, ravenous, edgy, grouchy......really quite uncomfortable. It feels like it is either hunger-induced anxiety or anxiety induced hunger. (It happens on the weekends as well.) Last night, this UGLY feeling led to a REALLY nasty mood. The same thing happened today. I almost feel like I am coming down with something-but I am not.
I have tried, salt, MORE water, extra potassium, and today-hardboiled eggs. Nothing is working. Please....is this normal? I am also having odd menstrual like cramps-even though it is not my Tom.

"Holy S*%#, my name inserted here, you have lost a ton of weight! Are you dieting?"

"Mrs. (my name here), your back isn't as fat today. You look beautiful! Would you like to come to my dad's house on Saturday, we could have a play date, I love you, can I get a drink."

My favorite (NOT!)
"You should wear that(new top) more often, those bigger clothes make you look fat."

The late afternoon pre-dinner bewitching hour is normal, unfortunately. Are you able to pop a snack in during that time? Or, part of a snack? Sometimes that helps to take the edge off.

But, I don't know about the cramps and the flulike feeling. Sometimes during ketosis you can feel very cold, almost sick like but it passes.

Just remember this diet really messes with your hormones, so sometimes it's like having extra PMS.

Now, about those comments...

0ojoyo0
05-02-2012, 09:30 PM
Went to the Dr for physical and she was grinning ear to ear at my lab work and weight loss (40 lbs. total) 10 total in 3 weeks of IP. I am no longer borderline diabetic my A1c was 5.5 all the other stuff was great and she lowered my BP medication and took me off Prilosec. I am dancing the happy dance!! So today my weight was 185

Such good news all around! Congratulations! :D

haddy4
05-02-2012, 09:33 PM

that is awesome!!!!!!!! good job :dizzy:

usmcvet
05-02-2012, 09:34 PM

Awesome:cheer2::cheer3::cheer::cb:

Darralyn
05-02-2012, 09:36 PM
I just love you guys thanks for sharing my joy!!

Cadu
05-02-2012, 09:36 PM
Done - lots of good vibes being sent Tommy's way. That's sad about him having to suffer through the angst of a romantic break-up... but really exciting that he's hopping on the IP wagon. Lots of info here on alternative products - and he has a fantastic coach and role model right in his home. This will be soooo great for his health. I'm really happy for him, and looking forward to progress reports. :carrot::carrot:

WOW!!! What a day. You hit the big "40" lbs and your son is going to take control of his health. You must be one proud mama. You set the example by taking control of your health. Perfect example of how actions speak louder than words. Congratulations on both your weight loss and son! :cheer3:

Good for him, taking control of his life like that! And awesome that you'll be his coach! Too bad about his girlfriend, sending positive vibes his way.

Carol, that's great! I'm sure you have given him a lot of motivation. It's always great when we can be a role model for our kids.

Tommy, I'm sorry you're likely hurting from your breakup, but I'm so impressed with the maturity you are showing at such a young age! You will never regret taking these steps to take care of your health - AND won't hurt your love life either I'd guess!

Cadu - what a devoted Mom - you will be a great coach and even more - a great inspiration for your son.

Thanks you guys, it really means allot to me to hear/ read your kind words. It really breaks my heart to see my "little guy" in so much pain. But with IP we are going to try to turn this negative into a positive.

NewPath
05-02-2012, 09:40 PM
I just love you guys thanks for sharing my joy!!

Darralyn-
Wow!!!!! Great job on the labs!!!!! That says it all....GREAT JOB!!! You, my friend, are amazing!!!!!!!!!! Keep going!!!!!!!!!!:carrot:

NewPath
05-02-2012, 09:43 PM
The late afternoon pre-dinner bewitching hour is normal, unfortunately. Are you able to pop a snack in during that time? Or, part of a snack? Sometimes that helps to take the edge off.

But, I don't know about the cramps and the flulike feeling. Sometimes during ketosis you can feel very cold, almost sick like but it passes.

Just remember this diet really messes with your hormones, so sometimes it's like having extra PMS.

Now, about those comments...

Purple Sky,
You are a big loser. Thanks for telling me that it is normal, that makes me feel better. When you say snack, do you mean a packet? (I have tried the 3:0 packet.)

Lace and Levis
05-02-2012, 09:45 PM

What wonderful news! You're A1c is awesome. I'm so happy for you. Keep up the hard work your efforts are definetly paying off. :bravo:

3sisters
05-02-2012, 09:47 PM

What a great feeling! Doesn't it feel so powerful to see how your hard work is paying off?! Congratulations!

jcjnjj
05-02-2012, 09:51 PM

Me too. I have tracker envy. ;-)

IPdivajen
05-02-2012, 10:03 PM
I was looking for sauces to add flavor to my veggies and came across this sugar free teriyaki sauce. (http://www26.netrition.com/seal_sama_sf_teriyaki_sauce.html). Has anyone had this. And is it allowed on phase 1?

We have it and use it, although sparingly. 1 tbsp is 1g of carbs so you can't have too much. But it's SUPER good - tastes just like the real thing - and helps with all the stir frys we have!

IPdivajen
05-02-2012, 10:05 PM
What wonderful news! You're A1c is awesome. I'm so happy for you. Keep up the hard work your efforts are definetly paying off. :bravo:

This, big time! Can't wait to do my next A1c on June 1. Congrats!!!

IPdivajen
05-02-2012, 10:06 PM
Me again! Just checking in after today's weigh in - another 5.6 gone. I can't believe it! I'm very pleasantly surprised. Happy that it's official that I crossed the 50lb mark in two months.

LOVE IP!

Chloe222
05-02-2012, 10:09 PM
For those talking about being concerned about losing lean, remember that lean isn't just muscle, it's everything BUT fat. It's water and bone and blood and connective tissue...
Thanks for posting this! Very helpful!

There's another poster on here who I believe mixes up a big chocolate shake midday, with 1 cup spinach blended in, and then divides it up into 3 portions. I think she said she puts the other two in the freezer. She eats one -third then to keep her energy steady, and spreads the others out through the rest of the afternoon/evening, with the final 1/3 of it being her 'before bed' snack (which is part of the protocol). I forget more specific details, but that's the gist of it and I thought it was a good idea. I know she's on a 3-pack/day program. Something like that might be a good idea for you?
Hi Eve,
It's me who does that and it saves me.

Lace and Levis
05-02-2012, 10:15 PM
Me again! Just checking in after today's weigh in - another 5.6 gone. I can't believe it! I'm very pleasantly surprised. Happy that it's official that I crossed the 50lb mark in two months.

LOVE IP!

Boy today is the day for WI's. Congratulation on reaching the big 50!!! :cheer2: You are another addition to all of the success stories we have been reading about today. I'm very excited for you! :broc:

Darralyn
05-02-2012, 10:19 PM
Originally Posted by IPdivajen

LOVE IP! Great job!!! Congratulations that is incredible!

Chloe222
05-02-2012, 10:22 PM
Thanks

Hi Cadu,
I'm sending Tommy lots of powerful vibes!! :carrot::carrot::carrot:

evepet
05-02-2012, 10:34 PM

LOVE IP!

Congrats to both of you - great WIs! :carrot::carrot:

Thanks for posting this! Very helpful!

Hi Eve,
It's me who does that and it saves me.

LOL... I thought it was you, but wasn't 100% sure. I'm thinking seriously of switching over to a 3 pack/day program like most of you on here, to see how I do on it. I know I'm still going to need a mid-day snack of some sort to keep my energy level up between lunch and dinner and your idea might serve me very well. As long as I feel ok (and I can't conceive of any reason why my experience would be much different from the rest of you) I'm hoping that moving back from 4 packs/day to 3 per day might help my weekly weight loss.. I'm not desperately unhappy with my average of 2.8 lbs lost per week... but it would be nice to get that up a little.

naysha6
05-02-2012, 10:35 PM

My favorite (NOT!)

New Path: I love the back fat compliment! :lol:
From the mouth of babes!

Awesome news Darralyn. I go for my followup in June so hopefully my A1c will be great. Cant wait to hear the news and see the look on my doc's face when I jump on the scale. Great job, keep up the good work!

Chloe222
05-02-2012, 10:39 PM
I just got a new waffle/sandwich maker today, and am going to be experimenting.
Eve,
Please let us know how it goes. You are motivating me to get my waffle maker out and I have the soup already. I had rhubarb today also, w/ my crispy cereal pancake.

I am having a really down day.
-Amy

Amy,
I know its hard - try to do something special for you every night - JUST for you - whether its a long, luxurious bath, or indulge in your favorite (non food) hobbies. Maybe read a new uplifting book. What's important is to put yourself first and your self esteem will rise, you won't notice that others are taking care of themselves and ignoring you as you will be busy taking of yourself. Perhaps pore over clothes catalogs and start visioning what you want to wear when you get to your ideal size, or maybe go to the mall just to start looking at new interesting cool outfits. Celebrate YOU without them, don't even ask their opinion. It's all about you. :hug:

WingnutandMe
05-02-2012, 10:41 PM
Thanks you guys, it really means allot to me to hear/ read your kind words. It really breaks my heart to see my "little guy" in so much pain. But with IP we are going to try to turn this negative into a positive.

Carol, just convince him you're going to coach him into this sexy hunk that will attract some really great gal. Best wishes and congrats on reaching 40#.

Whew. I started reading tonight and there was already 10 pages of posts. Like someone said earlier, what a gabby bunch. Now this will get posted on page 14, three hours later and already passed my bedtime.

Tomorrow, after I get off work, DH and I leave for our cottage in Michigan for a week. Have a huge bag packed of boxes of packets. I have to take a big variety. I am not one who gets on a routine and eats the same thing everyday.

Subway salads on the road. Taking some veggies we didn't see last time when scouring the grocery stores like kale. Kale chips are a life saver for me. I think I'm ready, now to get clothes packed and not forget anything.

Hope to keep up with my forum reading. We only have dialup there and not a lot of down time. Too much fun enjoying the lake and nature and being away from work. LOL.

Will miss this week's WI. Should just make next week even better.

Everyone stay OP.

Molly

fam4me
05-02-2012, 10:41 PM
WI #7. Down 3.5 pounds and 5.2 inches. 32 inches total. Love this program and this site. Just wish I could find more time to get through it all! Congrats on all the losses.:D

Kaypix
05-02-2012, 10:51 PM
So today I took my little walk, 20 minutes for 1.25 miles around the "campus" as we'll call it. I drank my weight in water I think and I'm STILL super dried out, it's insane. Literally, I drank...5 16oz bottles at work, one 14 oz tea, two 16 oz bottles at home now, and I'm all dried out, my skin feels dry and my mouth is cottony...any clue what could be causing this?

On another note, I'm having minor panic attacks about my budget right now...DH is spending 10k+ on his motorcycle rebuild and I budgeted wrong so now I have to make up the difference...somewhere...

Chloe222
05-02-2012, 10:57 PM

Darralyn,
Congrats on the weight loss but most of all on the A1c number!! Very happy for you! :encore::encore::encore::cheer3::cheer3::cheer3:

LOVE IP!

Jen,
Way to go !! Keep up the good work! You're "svelting"!

:dance::dance::dance:

kellycg102
05-02-2012, 11:10 PM

I have a hard time staying off the scale, but I think everything will work out fine. Maybe you won't loose pounds but inches this week, then next week your weigh in could be higher. I try to prepare myself for a zero WI.....it's coming! It happens to everyone I think.......ive heard. It will work out!!

Wow that is huge weight loss.....way to go

Good luck on your restart. The phase party is something I would normally do, but I am going to try my hardest to phase out right. Nice to have a co-pilot.....good luck to both of you.

kellycg102
05-02-2012, 11:13 PM
So bummed, I didn't get to read yesterday's posts and now I am tool tired to read the rest of today's. Made it to page 6 but I am whooped from working and then driving tonight to the hotel. Great losses, sorry for those who are struggling, hope you can get things figured out. Sleep tight all

purple sky
05-02-2012, 11:21 PM
Purple Sky,
You are a big loser. Thanks for telling me that it is normal, that makes me feel better. When you say snack, do you mean a packet? (I have tried the 3:0 packet.)

Yes or egg whites or even a boiled egg or half a packet if you need to have something left for your evening snack. Try and see if it takes the edge off. When I was like that if I did not get some kind of food into my system quickly, things turned ugly. I surprised myself a few times. Once I ate, all was well. Our blood sugar dips sometimes.

It does pass but you might feel like you are experiencing PMS for a large part of this diet. Abnormal cycles are normal as well. I got mine every 5 weeks but had like 3 weeks of PMS. Most annoying.

Watch those cramps though unless you are having difficulty with bathroom time.

mtnsun4
05-02-2012, 11:21 PM

Thank you! I didn't realize the cal/mag helped with relaxation- definitely taking it tonight! And, will be sure to continue. Thank you for your kindness and support- it made me smile.:)

Good for you! Congrats!!:carrot:

Hang in there! I am a stress eater and really need to watch my stress and behaviors so I do not end up making bad choices. You CAN do this!!:hug:

Great NSV's! I bet it felt good to hear those comments. :)
Get rid of the scale or limit your use... Stay OP.

Just try to take pleasure in the fact that you know what you are going to eat everyday, at least you have got that part taken care of. Let it be easy.
I agree- good point!:)

Hey all,

I want to do this as well- just don't want it to have a negative effect. Sounds like from the responses received that it will not.

Mtnsun,
Turn your thinking around. With more stress, give yourself more love, reach for more water/tea, etc. Be strong, don't be a slave to old bad habits. YOU CAN DO THIS!!

If it helps, just remember you "have to report in" to us and maybe that might help? Only trying to help you. Sending you love & willpower!
Thank you! I so needed to hear this. I will try reporting in to keep myself on track. I thank you so much for your kind words and support!:hug:

hockeymom22
05-02-2012, 11:46 PM
Hi everyone, it's been a while and a lot of new people! I fell off the wagon in December but day 2 of being 100% OP! I find out tomorrow my total gain thinking about 10 pounds but I am glad I decide to geet back on track to finish what I started. Congrats on the losses this week look forward to getting to know you all

Funsun11
05-03-2012, 12:13 AM
I just wanted to apologize about posting. I am a newbie and still learning to ropes on this website. Sorry for posting in the wrong area. I appreciate your guidance.

Welcome back to the Daily Chat thread - post your plans for today, share what's been happening, ask questions!

:welcome3:

Some forum lingo:
NSV = Non-scale victory
TOM = time of the month
WI = Weigh-in
WF = Walden Farms
OP = on program

Bookmarking:
Ideal Protein Sub-forum Home page
Consider making it a bookmark or a favorite in your browser so you can come back easily to get your RDA of Ideal Protein information.
Ideal Protein Sub-forum Home Page (http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/ideal-protein-diet-236/)

Information for newbies:
Check the sticky page for lots of good information and please read before asking what might be a frequently asked question here in the daily thread: Information on Ideal Protein phases (1-4), recipes, newbie guide, FAQ, and other important threads. (http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/ideal-protein-diet/238801-ip-ultimate-list-recipes-faq-newbie-guide-other-important-threads.html)

Tickers and Signatures:
There are 2 requirements to have access to signatures and tickers. You must have been a member of 3fatchicks for 20 days AND posted at least 20 messages anywhere on the 3fatchicks forum. When you've met those requirements check The Ultimate Signature and Ticker Thread (http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/announcements-forum-help/203435-ultimate-one-stop-signature-ticker-thread-read-here-if-you-have-questions.html)for more information and instructions.

Quoting:
The best quoting tip (http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/announcements-forum-help/203435-ultimate-one-stop-signature-ticker-thread-read-here-if-you-have-questions.html)- EVER!! Thanks Rosie, aka 6710.

Searching:
If you can't find what you're looking for in this forum using the website search function, try using the "double search" using Google.

1) Go to google.com. Search 3fatchicks by using the term site:3fatchicks.com at the end of your google search.

For example, if you want to look for "big mac in a bowl", type "big mac in a bowl site:3fatchicks.com" in google search. No need to inlucde the quotation marks when you type.

2) This will bring up the page that you are looking for, now hit Ctrl+F to search on that page. Type "big mac in a bowl" and all instances of that search term will be highlighted.

Progress photos:
have been moved to the Mini-Goal Photo Album. (http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/mini-goals-201/)

Other helpful links related to the Ideal Protein diet:
Dr. Tran Tien Chanh's website (http://www.trantiendiet.com/site/spip.php?rubrique19)

Dr. Tran Tien Chanh's book (PDF file): The Unbalanced Diet Approach to a Slimmer You (http://www.trantiendiet.com/site/IMG/pdflivre_Dr_Tran.pdf)

wuv2bloved
05-03-2012, 12:16 AM
I just wanted to apologize about posting. I am a newbie and still learning to ropes on this website. Sorry for posting in the wrong area. I appreciate your guidance.

what are you sorry for?

Lace and Levis
05-03-2012, 12:32 AM

Sorry for posting in the wrong area????? You can post here, we are all family!:grouphug:

PeggyG
05-03-2012, 12:33 AM
Well I'm actually coming out of "lurking" mode to post and the thread I wanted to post on has already been locked. ARGGGGG! So I guess I'm forced to post on this thread. I for one RARELY if ever read the Daily thread. I do read most of the other threads and I especially enjoy reading the shorter threads about a specific topic. To me it is much too complicated to find what I'm looking for in the Daily threads, which are then locked and you can't reply to something when you want to. Guess I'm in the minority. Ok, back to lurking mode.

sanaroph
05-03-2012, 12:33 AM
Ugh! I hope it went well :hug:

Actually, I have not gotten to imbibe in the almond milk! Someday I will, but I got it for the guys after I was already on IP.

Just got in from a busy day! Soleil and I did therapy dog work at kindergarten asssessment day. Then we did reading at the middle school. Then I made a quick trip through the GW for more size 8s! Tried a cute 10 jean skirt and it fell off. Crazy this IP diet. I am many pounds from goal but the body changes are remarkable!

Then,, I bought pepper, squash and tomato pants. My fellow IP friend and I are doing a garden ths year!

We have a squash casserole in oven. Coals readying for a tenderloin steak filet. There is good eatin ' at meal time! I am about to hit the salad. Then catch up on my chat reading!

Awesome on the NSV today! I used to drink almond milk regularly but now only add it to my coffee in the morning as my coach said that amount is ok.

sanaroph
05-03-2012, 12:36 AM
I think reading highly supportive books all the time are helpful - at least for me. So I read Dr Tran's book (IP founder) and free download is in the opening message of the daily thread. Recommend reading it - and re-reading it.

Good idea.. I will do that
thanks Chloe!

wuv2bloved
05-03-2012, 12:39 AM
Well I'm actually coming out of "lurking" mode to post and the thread I wanted to post on has already been locked. ARGGGGG! So I guess I'm forced to post on this thread. I for one RARELY if ever read the Daily thread. I do read most of the other threads and I especially enjoy reading the shorter threads about a specific topic. To me it is much too complicated to find what I'm looking for in the Daily threads, which are then locked and you can't reply to something when you want to. Guess I'm in the minority. Ok, back to lurking mode.

Sorry the moderator locked that thread. Its just that over the last several days threads are being started with the same topic, I was just trying to get everyone to post about "cheating" for example in ONE thread not start 3 different one...that is all...dont go back to lurking :)

sunshinered
05-03-2012, 01:19 AM
In lieu of my salads today I had fresh baby spinach leaves with WF raspberry dressing. (I had seconds at lunch!) Thumbs up on WF raspberry dressing.

Teach2lose
05-03-2012, 02:25 AM
Woohoo!! I had a weigh in today and I lost 4 lbs!!

Chloe222
05-03-2012, 03:27 AM
Woohoo!! I had a weigh in today and I lost 4 lbs!!

Nice going!! Just think where you'll be when summer starts! :carrot::carrot::carrot: