Weight Loss Support - Best compliment EVER...size really dosen't matter to everyone

baker23
05-02-2012, 02:50 AM
Ok, today I was on skype, and started catching up with my best friends brother, who I haven't talked to in awhile. These two are the only people I've kept in contact with over the years since the time I was about 12

Anyways. We were talking about being friend-zoned, with people we like. He told me he would have dated me in HS even when I was heavy because he focuses on the face...and he still thought I was beautiful no matter my size

I don't think I've ever heard a compliment that touched me like that one did today. To actually hear that he thought I was beautiful, even when I didn't see it...It made me smile...There are some genuinely nice men out there

SugarRomeoTango4852
05-02-2012, 05:48 AM
Love. It.
The is an awesome compliment and it is something we all need to hear every now and then. that we are beautiful no matter how we see ourselves and what size we are.

LeilaJey
05-02-2012, 06:10 AM
That's lovely! And it's true, no matter what the media is telling us about our bodies we will always be beautiful to someone.

hazyl
05-02-2012, 07:05 AM
yeah.. true love doesn't judge by look. It's feeling instead :)

TiffNeedsChange
05-02-2012, 09:40 AM
That is so sweet :)

mammasita
05-02-2012, 09:43 AM
Awww, how sweet.

So I'm guessing you friend zoned him? :D

kirsteng
05-02-2012, 09:50 AM
I had a similar thing happen in high school, which I've always remembered.

I was about 250 pounds all through high school, although I played volleyball, basketball and did track & field. So while I was pretty strong and fittish, I was by no means classicly good looking - I was pretty chunky. I never dated, just had girlfriends, and was very self-conscious about my height (6 feet by grade 10).

Then one day in English class in grade 11, I was passing papers back to the person behind me, who was this boy I didn't really know (part of the smoker/partier crowd) - not at all part of the group I hung out with. I didn't know him at all, really. He asked me something, so I answered it, and while I did he looked for a bit longer than normal at my face, kinda staring. Then out of the blue, he says 'you're really beautiful, you know'. I blushed from my toes to the roots of my hair, had no idea what to say so I just spun back around and said nothing. :lol:

I'll always remember it though. Those little moments of kindness that really lift the spirit.

So glad you had one too! :)

konfyoozed
05-02-2012, 10:30 AM
definitely a very sweet thing to say!

baker23
05-02-2012, 09:45 PM
So I'm guessing you friend zoned him?

Didn't even know. But yes we are friend-zoned. :)

kirsteng- your story put the biggest smile on my face. :)

Does anyone else have a experience like this? :) I would love to read about them

fyreflie24
05-02-2012, 09:59 PM
One of my best friends here is a guy. The night I told him I was embarking on this endeavor, he said to me, "I totally support you but I think you're beautiful now". It was such a gift at that critical moment. So glad you got a really cool gift as well! So nice to know good guys exist :)

berryblondeboys
05-02-2012, 10:02 PM
Ok, I'm old, what does "friend-zoned" mean?

And yes, very nice to hear and take to heart.

KittyKatFan
05-03-2012, 12:08 AM
Man, why don't I ever run into these guys??? :(

baker23
05-03-2012, 12:19 AM

One or the other has clarified either directly or indirectly(through actions) that you two will not date

KittyKatFan- Just haven't run into those guys YET :)

SunshineCA
05-03-2012, 01:19 AM
Oh wow! How sweet! ;)

valalltogether
05-03-2012, 06:47 AM

And yes, very nice to hear and take to heart.

the point between a guy and girl when the guy realizes she is not romantically interested in him despite his hints or efforts.

pretty much..right, guys?

RicecakeEater
05-03-2012, 10:23 AM
These kinds of stories kind of make me melt! If a guy ever says something like this to me, he probably won't be friend-zoned! hahaha.

Blueberries
05-03-2012, 10:48 AM
I love love both your stories, because I can see myself in both of you. I totally believe the double whammy of being so tall and heavy is extra hard on a teenage girl's self-esteem. I saw another thread floating around here somewhere that mentioned feeling like Bigfoot, and I relate so much to that. Especially having had a short and very thin sister... I always felt like a freak! To have somebody say such a genuinely nice thing would have been really good for my soul, so I love seeing them from you guys! :)

Beach Patrol
05-03-2012, 11:23 AM
Does anyone else have a experience like this? :) I would love to read about them

My 1st husband - who was my fiance at the time, used to say that I had "moon-pie face" - because my face was so "round" - like a baby's face. While he meant it as a compliment, it felt insulting to me, because of my life-long chub battle, even tho I was not overweight at all at the time. (I still can't look at a moon pie today without seeing my face, LOL)

Fast forward a couple years after we'd married & divorced, and I was dating a guy I worked with. We were "newly-daters" - only having been out about 3 times. One day I wore my hair in a ponytail (usually wore it down) because I had some major things to do & needed my hair out of the way. But it always made me self-conscious, because I thought wearing my hair pulled up just exaggerated my "moon pie face". I tried NOT to run into him that day, because I didn't want him to see me with a ponytail! (silly, I know. At least I no longer have that hang-up!!)

Anyway, he DID see me (of course) and he said "You look so great today - I love your hair in a ponytail." I just kinda poo-poo'ed the compliment with a head-shake and a disagreement-nose-scrunch. He said "What? You don't like the ponytail?" And I said "No, cause I have moon-pie-face! My face is so round, & the pony just accentuates the roundness. Blech!" And he just grinned at me & said "you have a beautiful face; you should wear a ponytail more often to show it off!"

~sigh :^: Sometimes the simplest compliment can really make your day ...or even your lifetime... altho we didn't date very long, I will always remember how he said that, and the genuine smile he gave me when he said it, and how I felt at that very moment... like Miss America. :)

canadianwoman
05-03-2012, 12:49 PM
the point between a guy and girl when the guy realizes she is not romantically interested in him despite his hints or efforts.

pretty much..right, guys?

I knew a guy in highschool who was interested in me but I was too niave to notice it and he never said anything. We were friends for many years and then lost contact with each other. I even talked him into taking a home-ec class with me in highschool and we sat next to each other at the same table. Recently, through one of our old mutual friends, I found out just how much he had been interested in me. The first thing I said to her was..."Well, why didn't he say anything back then???? It is not like he didn't have a million chances to speak up."

Ever since I have been searching online for him with no luck. :(

eguestx0
05-03-2012, 02:23 PM
My boyfriend and I met during high school but didn't end up dating until the end of our freshman year in college (right now we are juniors in college). He always tells me that I have always been so captivatingly (sp?) beautiful. From the time he met me he knew he wanted to be with me. Whenever I feel down I just revisit those compliments in my head :D