Ideal Protein Diet - i need a kick in the

View Full Version : i need a kick in the

angie773
05-01-2012, 03:47 PM
Butt!!! I took a week off from IP on 4/16-4/22 for vacation. Surprisingly I lost 1 lb and 1 3/4 in. in my waist. Ever since I have been back, I have stayed away from this board and have not been following the diet. I feel horrible but i'm letting these cravings get the best of me. It doesn't help that my hubby has not been cooking all week. I have a wi tomorrow and i have a feeling my coach is gonna let me have it. i'm lacking motivation :(

MustangMolly
05-01-2012, 04:20 PM
Butt!!! I took a week off from IP on 4/16-4/22 for vacation. Surprisingly I lost 1 lb and 1 3/4 in. in my waist. Ever since I have been back, I have stayed away from this board and have not been following the diet. I feel horrible but i'm letting these cravings get the best of me. It doesn't help that my hubby has not been cooking all week. I have a wi tomorrow and i have a feeling my coach is gonna let me have it. i'm lacking motivation :(

First of all...if your coach "lets you have it" get a new coach. Your coach should be supportive and helpful. If you are having a hard time restarting, your coach should offer you motivation and encouragement. If you are having a difficult time getting back into the plan full force, try making your breakfast IP for a couple of days then include your lunch as an IP meal for a couple of days then after a week make your whole day IP. This is just my suggestion, I'm not a coach just someone who fell off the IP wagon and had to work my way back to it.

Harmothoe
05-01-2012, 04:46 PM
I also had to work my way back in after I strayed. I found the easiest way for me was to let myself have additional packets for the first few days until the cravings subsided.

Momto2cs
05-01-2012, 05:21 PM
Yes! Make a plan and get yourself back on the wagon! Start now!!

evepet
05-01-2012, 07:50 PM
You know that you'll have those cravings until you 'bite the bullet' again and get yourself back in ketosis. That takes discipline. So..... 1-2-3..... Just DO IT! :hug:

purple sky
05-01-2012, 09:16 PM

You got this. You know you do. :)

purple sky
05-01-2012, 09:17 PM
First of all...if your coach "lets you have it" get a new coach. Your coach should be supportive and helpful. If you are having a hard time restarting, your coach should offer you motivation and encouragement. If you are having a difficult time getting back into the plan full force, try making your breakfast IP for a couple of days then include your lunch as an IP meal for a couple of days then after a week make your whole day IP. This is just my suggestion, I'm not a coach just someone who fell off the IP wagon and had to work my way back to it.

I like this. Brilliant. And realistic.

angie773
05-02-2012, 10:27 AM

oh no thats not how i meant it. he is extremely supportive but i know he will tell me something about not getting back on track the way i said i would. kwim?

angie773
05-02-2012, 10:28 AM
I also had to work my way back in after I strayed. I found the easiest way for me was to let myself have additional packets for the first few days until the cravings subsided.

that sounds good. i stayed op yesterday and was so tired by the time i got home. i should have eaten an extra packet,

angie773
05-02-2012, 10:29 AM
You know that you'll have those cravings until you 'bite the bullet' again and get yourself back in ketosis. That takes discipline. So..... 1-2-3..... Just DO IT! :hug:

thanks! i started yesterday and already turned down pizza today! i needed to be back on this board

angie773
05-02-2012, 10:30 AM
thanks ladies! i feel more accountable for the diet when i am in here.

MustangMolly
05-02-2012, 10:33 AM
oh no thats not how i meant it. he is extremely supportive but i know he will tell me something about not getting back on track the way i said i would. kwim?

Glad to hear it about your coach! I have read several posts that tell about coaches threatening to kick people off the plan if they have too many weeks without a loss or a big enough loss in the coaches eyes. Not having had a good coach, I am probably hypersensitive to coaches that don't offer good support and coaching. i have to ask..... what is "kwim"?

Mickeymom
05-02-2012, 10:38 AM
H ladies. I am glad i read this post today. I am really struggling. This is my 3rd week back on plan. I am having my TOM and sick to my stomach so i am craving comfort, junk food. I have already given in to fast food and cookies but I am mad at myself. I know i am doing my emotional eating thing. I need a boost too.

Stay stong. We all know some days are harder than others. I will be stong and not give in anymore. i may eat an extra IP today too to get rid of the cravings.

Thank you for being there :)

MustangMolly
05-02-2012, 02:43 PM
H ladies. I am glad i read this post today. I am really struggling. This is my 3rd week back on plan. I am having my TOM and sick to my stomach so i am craving comfort, junk food. I have already given in to fast food and cookies but I am mad at myself. I know i am doing my emotional eating thing. I need a boost too.

Stay stong. We all know some days are harder than others. I will be stong and not give in anymore. i may eat an extra IP today too to get rid of the cravings.

Thank you for being there :)

Hi Mickeymom, good to see you again. I remember you from when I first started lurking about the boards and learning all about IP.

evepet
05-02-2012, 02:47 PM
thanks! i started yesterday and already turned down pizza today! i needed to be back on this board

Good for you! I know you can do it!!! Stay strong... you'll be really glad you did. :hug:

And yes.... coming here and checking in frequently is a REAL MOTIVATOR! It's helped me more times than I can mention.