Weight Loss Support - Countdown to Matrimony! 150 by May 25!

AnnieDrews
05-01-2012, 12:25 PM
Hello everyone! I am a 50 year-old female. I have been a member here since January 2010, when I first began my journey toward looking and feeling better. It took me about 9 months to lose 41 pounds by using calorie counting and exercise. I got within 10 pounds of my goal (140) and just stalled. Over the last year, I have fought with about 6 pounds, give or take. As of last Friday, I was at about 156.

I am getting married in a small ceremony at my home on May 25th. I had started out this year with the intention of reaching my goal weight by then, but have not been successful. So I am just going to do my best and shoot for 150 by my wedding day. I fit comfortably into my dress, so that isnít an issue. I just want to get back to my original low weight by then and hopefully continue down into the 140s and reach my goal. If I do not make it to 150, the world won't end, but I want to get as close as I can.

Letís see how I do! Please join me if you like!
:carrot::carrot::carrot::carrot::carrot:

AnnieDrews
05-01-2012, 12:26 PM
Today I did a 4 mile Leslie Sansone video before work.

Packed salad and fruit for lunch and snacks, with oatmeal for breakfast. So far, so good!!

bt2155
05-01-2012, 12:44 PM
Annie,

I'm sure you will do great! Congrats on your upcoming marriage!! How exciting!

I will be rooting for you!

AnnieDrews
05-01-2012, 01:14 PM
Thanks so much, bt!!

cathyxxx
05-01-2012, 03:24 PM
Hey Annie & bt - I'm here :wave: it will be fun to post on this thread with you.

this morning I walked 2 miles with Leslie.

for breakfast I had yogurt with kellogg's cereal, and 2 cups of coffee. for lunch I had grilled salmon & veggies, and jello & coolwhip. I will have an apple for a snack and for supper I will have a salad.

later gaters :wave:

patchworkpenguin
05-01-2012, 04:38 PM
Best Wishes on your wedding! :hug:

SunshineCA
05-01-2012, 05:34 PM
Congratulations on your upcoming nuptials! :) Much success to you on those stubborn 6 pounds! :)

AnnieDrews
05-01-2012, 06:30 PM
Hey Penguin, long time, no see!!!! Thanks! Sunshine, thanks and I hope to report those 6 pounds gone by the end of all this!

I've done well today. Now I will be going home and fixing supper for my two sons and older son's girlfriend. I am trying a new recipe and lightening it up a bit.

umimar
05-01-2012, 10:08 PM
You're almost there, Annie ;)

bargoo
05-01-2012, 10:40 PM
Congratulations on the 35 pounds lost ! Good luck with the next six, even if you don't quite make it you are going to be a beautiful bride.

SunshineCA
05-02-2012, 12:12 AM
You're welcome! :)

cathyxxx
05-02-2012, 04:13 PM
Hey Annie - how was supper last nite? what did you make?

I did 2 miles this morning :cp: and I had yogurt with kellogg's special k fruit & yogurt cereal (yum). for lunch I had a salad and bowl of strawberries. snack was 150 calorie Skinny Cow ice cream cup. not sure what i'm gonna have for supper tonite.

YOU GO GIRL!!! :)

LeilaJey
05-02-2012, 05:00 PM
Congratulations Annie! Good luck :)

AnnieDrews
05-02-2012, 10:46 PM
Thanks everyone! It was a busy day at work and I'm just now checking in. One of the reasons I slacked off of posting on this forum in the first place is because I got a different computer at work and it is so SLOW!! I just got frustrated trying to write long posts and just got out of the swing.

Anyway....did good all day with food; the usual oatmeal, salad, banana, grapes. Exercised 3 miles this morning with one of my Leslie Sansone DVDs. I had leftovers from supper last night. I had made a pasta dish that I attemtped to lighten up. Not sure how much lighter I made it, so I tried not to eat too large of servings. It was bowtie pasta with mushrooms, turkey smoked sausage, brocolli and a cheese sauce (low fat shredded cheddar). I also used 2% milk in the sauce. I had steamed carrots with it tonight. Not the best choice of a meal, but it was really satisfying and I really wanted something hearty. Going to try to veg up the rest of the week!

I had a "cup of cake" (recipe I posted on the Foods thread here the other day) at about 150 cal.

How was everyone else's day?

carolr3639
05-03-2012, 09:56 AM
I had a "cup of cake" (recipe I posted on the Foods thread here Can you give the link for that? Thanks

AnnieDrews
05-03-2012, 12:05 PM
Can you give the link for that? Thanks

Here ya go, Carol!

http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/food-talk-fabulous-finds/258146-light-cake-cup.html

AnnieDrews
05-03-2012, 12:08 PM
22 days until I get married!!!:carrot:

So far, so good today. Oatmeal, coffee and water for breakfast. 4 miles of exercise. Packed a large salad for lunch. Have a banana, apple and 100 cal. snack pack for later. I have been cutting back on the 100 cal. snack packs. I love them, but they are just empty calories. Trying to keep them as a "treat" instead of a daily indulgence.

AnnieDrews
05-04-2012, 12:47 AM
I stayed on plan all day today. I had the apple and the 100 cal. snack this afternoon. I knew it would be a late supper as I wanted to come home and clean bathrooms before my TV show came on. Had supper after cleaning and had a high fiber tortilla wrap w/ smoked turkey, a bit of olive oil mayo and tons of veggies on it. Also had frozen single serving broc/carrot steamer. Just had a bowl of high fiber cereal, as is usual for me before bedtime.

I am off work tomorrow as I just needed a day to get some things done. Need to ge oil changed in my car, pick up fiance's wedding band, look for some lingerie (;)), and sundry other things. Hope to get my bedding plants tomorrow before the weekend rush. Want to get them in the ground either tomorrow evening or Saturday.

AnnieDrews
05-04-2012, 10:05 AM
155.5 on the scale for two days in a row, so I'll take it!!!:carrot:

I'm off work today, but went ahead and got up and exercised. 4 miles!!

Off to run errands in a bit, after a shower.

I hope everyone has a wonderful Friday!

AnnieDrews
05-06-2012, 12:00 AM
Well, today was bad from start to finish, foodwise. Hope I didn't do any damage and can get back on track tomorrow.

I have shopped myself silly the last couple of days. I am not a "shopper" and don't really enjoy it all that much. But got some things I needed and am glad to have most of that done.

Hope you all are having a wonderful weekend!! The OKC Thunder won the first round of the NBA playoffs here and we are so excited!!

scarletmeshell
05-06-2012, 12:06 AM
Congratulations! You can do this!

losermom
05-06-2012, 08:09 AM
Congrats on your upcoming marriage Annie! You've so got this. :)

AnnieDrews
05-07-2012, 03:52 PM
Thank you ladies!! I appreciate the support.

Spent a lot of time in the yard working with my son yesterday and had done some planting Sat. evening, too. Did not do any formal exercise, but know I burned some doing all that work.

Food yesterday was good until I gave into temptation. I really made a huge mistake but have moved on from it. Today is better.

Planning a homecooked, healthy meal to enjoy with my sons this evening.

3 miles exercise this morning!

Bobbles
05-07-2012, 05:56 PM
Wow Annie look at you go! Congratulations on the upcoming wedding :)

AnnieDrews
05-07-2012, 11:40 PM
Thanks, Bobbles! You've not done too bad yourself there!!:carrot:

Tonight we had turkey smoked sausage/pepper/onion provolone w/ marinara sandwiches. The provolone was the most indulgent part. I used fairly small rolls. Had it with chips (Baked Lays for me) and some canned peaches. So yummy!

I can tell I've been getting rid of retained water today. I had LOTS of sodium over the weekend, more than usual. Hope I don't see any damage at weigh-in this week.

AnnieDrews
05-09-2012, 01:35 PM
Yesterday was an "okay" day, but I could have made our supper a bit lighter. I used butter in a couple things and I should have backed of on that.

4 miles exercise yesterday, 3 miles today.

I just had the most wonderful lunch! Backstory: I work at a doctor's office and we have lunch brought in at least once weekly. It is usually mexican, italian or BBQ....never something I feel comfortable eating. But today, it was from a local healthier place. They had whole grain wraps, flatbread pizza, salad, cous cous...frozen yogurt.... So I had some of that for lunch and will have my salad for supper. I am by myself tonight as my sons will be at their Dad's. I was glad I indulged...it was delicious!! Hard to count calories, but it was all healthy.

cathyxxx
05-09-2012, 04:49 PM
doing great Annie!!!

AnnieDrews
05-10-2012, 02:52 PM
Thanks Cathy!

Weird weigh-in this morning.....weighed once and got 157....laid back down for about 10-20 min. then weighed and got 155.5....:?: I'll see what tomorrow brings. I don't expect a loss with the way I've eaten for the past week.

I am a nervous/excited wreck!! Even with my small, living-room wedding, I am just about in a panic and I don't know why. I think it is just more excitement than anything. We are taking a neat trip to Eureka Springs, AR and that is my fav place in the world. Ordered a small cake today.

It has been such gorgeous weather here the last few days. I'm really enjoying it!:)

Healthy wrap and steamed brussels sprouts for lunch today. Chick-Fil-A buffet was really tough to pass up!!

carolr3639
05-10-2012, 04:23 PM
We are taking a neat trip to Eureka Springs, AR My brother lives near there. We love it, too.

guacamole
05-10-2012, 07:17 PM
Congratulations, Annie! You are doing great and will be a beautiful bride!

Natasha22
05-10-2012, 11:18 PM
Congrats Annie! :D

You are doing a great job, sticking to your work outs and eating healthy. I'm sure you'll look stunning on the 25!

AnnieDrews
05-11-2012, 12:29 PM
Thanks so much for the support everyone!!

Down to 154 this morning and so excited. Funny how one little pound can give me motivation. Maybe it will make it easier to stick close to plan this weekend. Weekends are the hardest for me.

3 miles exercise this morning!!

AnnieDrews
05-14-2012, 11:57 AM
Actually saw a whisper of 153.5 on the scale Sat. morning. Even after pizza and beer Friday night!?!?!? Not calling anything official until I see it again, hopefully at the end of this week.

I did eat several off plan things this weekend, but I never really just gorged myself. Hoping that I was reasonable enough with portions, etc. that I don't see a negative effect on the scale.

11 days!!:carrot:

AnnieDrews
05-18-2012, 12:27 PM
Checking in with a new weight! 153.5 this morning and THRILLED! I realize I really won't make it to 150 by next Friday, but will take whatever I can.

Losing a few pounds has really motivated me to stick closer to plan and keep on exercising. There for a while I seemed to be stuck and (unknowingly) content where I was.

Going to get the marriage license today!!

cathyxxx
05-18-2012, 12:44 PM
:cb: :cb: :cb: That's Awesome Annie!!!! :cb: :cb: :cb:

carolr3639
05-25-2012, 06:54 PM
Happy wedding day, Annie!

caramelkitty
05-25-2012, 07:33 PM
Congrats on your wedding!!

alitorry
05-25-2012, 07:36 PM
Yeah!! Happy wedding day :) i'm sure you're a gorgeous bride today!

AnnieDrews
06-02-2012, 11:28 PM
Thanks everyone for the good wishes! We got back yesterday from our honeymoon and I am just now trying to get caught up with online activity.

I did not make it to 150 by the 25th, but felt pretty good at a solid 153.

Now, eating on our trip was not on plan by any means and I weighed this morning and was up about 4 pounds. I'm going to give myself a good week or two to get back on plan and hopefully level back off at about the 153 mark. Then concentrate on getting into the 140s. That will be my next goal.

For now, I'm very happy and here is a pic of me and my new hubby!!