WW Clubs and Groups - Thursday Chatters enjoying May

View Full Version : Thursday Chatters enjoying May

Tina
05-01-2012, 12:05 PM
Hello, hello, hello!!!

Wow, it's another month. The flowers here are beautiful!
If you just found us, please join us as we get healthier. This is a great group.

Maureen, you are something, doing all that walking. That exercise will definitely boost your metabolism,

Tammy, you really like Disney. Oh yes, all that walking really used all your muscles. I hope you're feeling better.

Sis, isn't tonight your weigh-in? Good Luck!!!

Janelle, what's going on?

Jeanne, Susan, and Dori---keep OP. :hug:

I've got a dental appt in the morning. Yea. Until then, it's mega doses of Advil.

Sis
05-01-2012, 10:03 PM
Tina-Sorry to hear your having tooth problems. :( Hope you get if fixed quickly.
Yes tonight was my WI and I managed 1.6 lbs. :D I'm not losing fast but at least Im losing steadily. I'm good with that.
Hope everyone else is having a wonderful week! Take care everyone!

maureen kempster
05-02-2012, 08:43 AM
Good morning all

I didn't walk to or from work yesterday - raining here - hope to walk home after work - at least I'd get in 3 miles.

I want to be down at least 5 lbs by July - that's certainly not my goal weight but it really seems to be going so slowly.

Oh well I just have to keep going.

Hope we all have a great day

maureen

Tina
05-02-2012, 09:00 PM
Hi, Someone hit my car and totalled my car. I am fortunate to have minor but very painful injuries. My chest hurts--nothing broken & heart is okay. My left knee is very swollen. Pain pills are wonderful

Sis
05-02-2012, 09:21 PM
Tina, OH MY GOODNESS!!! How awful!! I hope you feel better soon! Get lots of rest and don't overdue. Take care of that knee. Knee injuries are no fun! Thank goodness you are ok!

Maureen, you will do this, just try to keep a positive attitude. I know its so hard sometimes when the numbers just aren't moving! (((Hugs))) It WILL come off! Take care!

Hope everyone else is doing great and having a great week! :)

Tina
05-02-2012, 11:34 PM
Thanks, Sis.
I will take it easy.
And, :bravo: on that loss!!!!

Tammy
05-03-2012, 11:19 PM
Tina, I hope you are in less pain from the accident! I know how that can really shake a person up. How is your tooth problem? Boy, you have really had a time!

Sis, hooray for the loss!!!! Losing slow and steady is the name of the game.

Maureen, I'm sure you will have that 5 pounds off by July. Doing all of the walking will certainly help.

I went to weigh in yesterday morning. I told the woman that I was hoping that it wouldn't be a huge gain because of being on vacation. She looked at the scales and said 4, I groaned, and then she said tenths! I gained 4/10 of a pound! I was skipping to the car when I went out. I didn't stay for the meeting, Tim was with me, and he was cracking up watching me. The woman couldn't believe that I tracked everything online while I was gone. I honestly believe that it helped me.

I have aerobics in the morning. I have had a headache for a couple of days, and today has been another fibro pain day. Hoping I feel good enough to go. If I remember, I am going to take my swimsuit and go sit in the sauna or whirlpool after class.

Tina
05-06-2012, 11:30 AM
A good Sunday to everyone,

Still in pain here. I should post a photo of my chest and knee----maybe can't do that.:o My left knee is a yucky grey and parts of my chest are a really awful-looking yellow :lol:

Tammy, that's great about such a small gain.

Sis, keep it up, girl.

Maureen, hope you can walk more this coming work week.

Janelle, Jeanne, Susan, Dori, have a great OP week.
:flow2:

Tammy
05-08-2012, 12:45 AM
Tina, I am sorry that I haven't asked how you are doing. My mind goes other places sometimes. I don't think I want to see the picture, the description is very telling. Hugs!!!

Weighed in today (my regular day), and I lost the 4/10 that I gained last week. lol I have been tracking, but I honestly haven't been back in the WW mode. Going over on points most days in the past week. Need to do better.

Hope you all have a great week!!

Tina
05-08-2012, 09:45 AM
Someone has a birthday today----TAMMY!!!!
:bday2you::bday2you:

maureen kempster
05-08-2012, 01:10 PM
good afternoon all

Happy Birthday Tammy - have a good one
I'm muddling along and trying to stick to it no matter how discouraging it gets.
It's raining here so it's pretty dreary. I find I don't have enough hours in my work day! I'm not really sure what they expect from me but I know that I think it's way too much!! I sure hope that someday I'll be able to work part time.

Well, Tina I sure hope you're feeling a bit better -

let's all have a great day on program we deserve it

'til later

maureen

Sis
05-08-2012, 05:32 PM
HAPPY BIRTHDAY TAMMY!! :D Hope you have an awsome day!

Tina, Hope you are getting better and feeling better too!

Maureen, You can do it!! You ARE doing it. Keep it up! :)

Today is my WI so Im keeping my fingers crossed for a loss.
Hope everyone has a wonderful afternoon! Catch ya later!

Sis
05-08-2012, 09:11 PM
Maintained at my WI. Thats better than a gain I guess. I will take it and work harder this week.

Tina
05-08-2012, 11:40 PM
:carrot: Sis, maintaining is very good!!!

Maureen, dreary weather doesn't help. I hope that your afternoon was better than the morning.

Janelle, how are you?
I hope Tammy had a great day.

I went to a dr. today. He looked at the ER report and pushed on my knee and chest. I now have refills and found out this will take about 10 more days before recovery!
Tonight, I'm in so much pain. Yea for pain pills.

jar1965
05-09-2012, 07:54 AM
Hi everyone!
Tina - soon you will be feeling better! ((hugs))

Working 2 jobs until the 16th and we had to put my mil in a nursing home. Hoping she will regain her strength! It's been so hard on my poor fil! And my husband and I. There are only 2 boys. No other daughter in laws and no biological grandchildren. So, we have "stepped" up to the plate!
Take care everyone. (This is hard to do on my phone...lol)

Tina
05-09-2012, 04:23 PM
Jeanne, glad your mil is out of the hospital. I certainly hope she is in a good nursing home!
Take care of yourself.

Tina
05-10-2012, 11:51 PM
Hi,
What's up with everyone today? I still have pain. However, I'm about to run off. Not having a car is the pits! I feel so isolated. (I couldn't drive yet, since I'm taking pain pills.).

Maureen, will you walk some just for me? :lol:

:flow1:

Tammy
05-11-2012, 12:00 AM
Thank you all for the birthday wishes! It was a memorable birthday. Not sure who saw it on FB and who didn't, but I got out of my car to get the mail, forgot to put car in Park, and the car went on up the driveway by itself. It ran into the house, just a little bit of brick off of the house, but the car doesn't look good. Went for an estimate, not sure what it is yet, but I know that it won't be pretty. I can laugh about it now, but when it happened I was in tears.

auntie
05-11-2012, 10:49 PM
Hi,
Ya'll remember me??? LOL oh my gosh, I think I'm losing my mind..... maybe I already did!:hug: I've missed ya'll. Not sure why I haven't been on here lately. You know school is wrapping up and I'm MORE than ready for vacation to begin!!!

Since my nephew was killed in the car wreck, my eating has been out of control! Seriously out of control!!!! I plan to get back with it as of tomorrow morning. I would say now but I'll be going to bed soon and not eating anything else. :)

The night before us leaving to go to San Antonio for the funeral, etc.... we were watching Pat's friend's doberman and sheltie. The doberman got off her leash and attacked my dog. She had to go to the ER, surgery, then stay at the vets for 4 days, another surgery 5 days later, and the vet calls today to tell me that she needs another medication because of the infection. We have now spent $2300 on her. My poor dog! Pat said "we will NEVER watch the dog again" (I'm just glad it wasn't my friend's dog)

I send my love to you all! Life is too short and you need to make sure that you let those you care about know. So consider yourself told! You all mean the world to me!

Tina
05-12-2012, 12:15 PM
Hi all,
Susan, it's sooooo good to see you here again. I am ao sorry about your nephew. I know you will miss him terribly.

Tammy, sorry but I laughed about your car. I could just see it happening--kind of like a comedy show. Okay, maybe it's the drugs talking. :lol:

I do feels lots and lots better. I have to be careful because at any time, the pain catches me, in the chest, and is so bad! We can't get me a rental car until I'm off pain pills--so I'm legal to drive. Even the thought of wearing a seatbelt hurts.

Maureen, Sis, Janelle, Jeanne, forgive me for not writing more but the pain pill is kicking in now.

maureen kempster
05-12-2012, 08:37 PM
Susan how right you are about life being too short - no matter how long we're here!!! I just found out that my nephew(he's probably 41) has stage 4 stomach and esophagus cancer - now I'm not that close to my nieces and nephews but I feel so bad for my brother, his wife, all their family-my nephew has 2 young sons - so I just feel so bad for them all.

I will go and see my mother tomorrow with my sister - I was there today with another brother & sister in law.
I'm just waiting for another brother and his daughter(and her 7 month old son Brody) to come over - they went over to see my mom
please have a great saturday evening - if it's nice when I get up tomorrow I'm going roller blading!!

maureen

Tina
05-12-2012, 11:21 PM
Maureen, how is your mother doing?

:hug:

Tina
05-13-2012, 10:07 AM
Happy Mothers Day

maureen kempster
05-13-2012, 12:11 PM
Happy Mother's Day to everyone
just got a call from my youngest son - he's in Edmonton - will go see my mother later - Tina, you asked how she's doing - she's walking when my sister was told she wouldn't be able to walk again because her ankle wasn't healing properly! I guess there are pluses to being stubborn. She seems to be okay but as soon as we walk out she doesn't remember we were there.
What a crappy disease to get!!

looks like it's going to be a nice day - I just made some muffins - so will go for a walk as soon as they're out of the oven.

maureen

Tina
05-15-2012, 11:11 AM
Hi friends, I hope we all had a great Mother's Day.
I'm a little slow this morining. :) I will come back after breakfast and write more!

Sis
05-15-2012, 04:41 PM
Hope everyones Mothers Day was awsome! Mine was very nice. Im hoping not to have a gain tho cuz I splurged on Saturday when we went to a Mexican restaurant. I had a YUMMY meal and a Margarita *LOVE MARGARITAS!!* So I will know in a little while.
Have a great evening everyone. I'll post later how I do at WI. :)

auntie
05-16-2012, 12:07 AM
Hi,
Hope everyone is doing good. I'm hanging in there. I think I might go to counseling to see if I can get to the bottom of why I can't lose weight. We get 6 free visits through the school district. You can go for anything.

I'm going home on Saturday for one of my nephew's graduation. He is one of my big sister's sons. Her boys are like my own. I am so proud of him. I'm taking Monday - Wednesday off. I'm going down Saturday. I can't wait, plus I get to spend time with Momma!

Nothing new here!

Sis
05-16-2012, 04:30 PM
Well, I actually managed to lose 1 lb! I was very surprised, but happy. :D My total so far is 14.2. I'm not losing fast on this new program, but I must admit it is steady. So far only 1 week where I didn't lose something even if it was .4 lb, so I am totally good with that.
Hope everyone has a great week. Take care!! :)

Tina
05-16-2012, 05:33 PM
Sis, that is absolutely wonderful!!!
:bravo:
Susan, I hope you get some answers from a counselor. Enjoy your trip.
Maureen, how were the muffins?

Tammy, is your car fixed?
Janelle, how are things?
Dori--it's been too long. Please post.
Jeanne, how are you?

Tina
05-17-2012, 10:04 AM
Happy Thursday!
Let's all have a great day.

jar1965
05-20-2012, 09:19 AM
Hi everyone! Hope you are all well! I am so NOT OP these days! Oh my land.....my clothes are so tight and I am miserable! Hoping that I can get back on track......like.....NOW!
I really like my job. I was there 2 weeks last wed. Today is my first day of working from home. I start at 7a.m. It's quiet so far, but it is suppose to be 88 today. Praying everyones ac works and it stays QUIET!!!! lol! I did get my kitchen scrubbed down and a load of laundry started....all.....while "working"....;)
We got a new grill Friday and when bob gets home we are going to test it out. Did I mention.....ALL WHILE I AM WORKING AT HOME!!!! hahahah!
Well have a great day and now that I am on a "normal" routine and only working one job. I PLAN on being here at least 3 times a week. If not more!
Jeanne

maureen kempster
05-20-2012, 10:59 AM
Jeanne
glad you're liking working at home - I'm not sure if I'm disiplined enough for that - my DIL has worked at home for several years now and she loves it - I'm on holidays for a week and the weather looks like it's going to cooperate. One of my brothers is coming over this afternoon and we're going to go take pictures in the Gatineau hills - look for some new ones on fb!!
I know what you mean about sticking to program. Let's all get on together!!

Tina, how are you feeling now - is the soreness gone yet? I hope you're good
Susan, not much longer for year end!! hope all's well with you
Everyone, have a fantastic Sunday and let's do this together

maureen

Tina
05-21-2012, 10:30 AM
It's Monday :carrot: :dance:

Yesterday was the beginning of another week. :)
I am going to eat healthier and get in some walking.
Yes, I am feeling better. When the doctor said I would be better in 10 days, he was absolutely correct. Amazing, huh!
Driving hurts and singing hurts. With driving, my breastbone still bothers me and the muscles in my left back hurt when I turn my head to the left.
Singing---that was weird. I tried to sing during church only to discover that taking a deep breath hurt the muscles, etc.

I hope we all have a fabulous day!!!

Tina
05-24-2012, 10:38 AM
Good morning,
Sis, did you make it to weigh-in Tuesday night?
Maureen, I know you've enjoyed your vacation.
Susan, how was San Antonio?
Jeanne, how are your girls? Are they both living out on their own now?
Janelle, you are way too quiet, girl.
Tammy, when are you going back to Orlando? :lol:
Dori, we miss hearing from you.

My soreness is finally gone!!!!! We are now trying to find me the "perfect" small car to buy. We saw a Hyundai Genesis Coupe that was really cute! This weekend, since I feel so much better, we're going to hit most of the brand names around here. There's got to be something that doesn't cost an arm and a leg. :lol:
Oh, I'm changing my tracker.

Tina
05-26-2012, 08:29 PM
Happy Saturday. :dance:
I lost 1 pound! :carrot:

Where is everyone???
We went car shopping. We started early but still nearly fried. I should've used suntan lotion.

jar1965
05-27-2012, 08:34 AM
:carrot:Good Sunday Morning!:carrot:

Hope everyone is well! I had yet ANOTHER terrible OP week! Geesh! I need smacked!

Tina - did you find a car?
Yes, the girls are both on their own now. :(:(:(:( I've had an extremely hard time with my youngest (kaitlin) one leaving home! She is only 1.3 miles from our house.....but it is so quiet here without her. She always was here at bedtime and in the mornings! :dizzy:
Yesterday....smoldering hot as it is.....went and worked in her yard!
Jessica is good. Busy at the hair salon! And she is working pt at a tanning salon! So she is a busy one too!

Well I'm working so I better scoot! Have a great w/e everyone!

maureen kempster
05-28-2012, 07:20 PM
Good day everyone

It was my first day back to work after a week off - I did nothing special on my week off but it was so nice not to wake up to an alarm!!

I have to smarten up and take this program seriously - so far today I'm doing okay - and I walked home from work - now is the hard part - I find it so hard to not snack when I'm home.

I hope everyone is great

maureen

Ladybug2680
05-28-2012, 11:17 PM
Evening everyone. I have been OP for quite some time due to things being so hectic around here.

In March, my sister was involved in an accident that ended up with her getting 2nd and 3rd degree burns. Her and her three kids had to move in with my parents. I help my parents a lot so this added a little to my stress. On top of this I've battling with my skin condition (Darier's disease) which happens to flare up with stress. So you can only imagine how bad things got. During this time I also started back classes for my Masters degree.

Then last month my younger brother, his wife, and their baby moved back home and are staying with my mom on top of my sister and her kids. Then we find out my 16 year old sister is 6 months pregnant. Everything has been a bit overwhelming and I have ended up falling behind in my school work. Whew.

Last week I went to the my doctor and she put me on medication for my cholesterol, depression, and migraines. She also ordered and EKG. When they did the EKG it showed something so I had to wear a heart halter for 2 days. I go in on Wednesday to get the results and for her to discussion the results of my most recent blood work. I'm praying things will settle down soon. Hopefully by the end of the week I'll be caught up no my work and things will be grand.

I hope to get back OP and do it from home. I just don't have the time or money to attend the meetings. I'll try to check in more often as well.

Tina
05-30-2012, 10:21 AM
Hi all, Sorry I've been "away" for a few days. It's been really busy.
Yes, we've found the model and make of car I like. We'll see what happens when Larry negotiates. :) I don't like that part!
Jeanne, I'm so glad you like your job. Wow, why did Kaitlin move out? She's in a house?
Maureen, I'm sure you enjoyed your holiday!
Tammy, what's happening?
Janelle, you are way too quiet.
Dori, I am so sorry you've had so much family stress. No, it's certainly not good for your medical problems. But, PLEASE keep coming here.
Susan, school is almost out!!!!!

I wonder what ever happened to farmgirl???????

Got to run (or walk) but will come back.

jar1965
05-31-2012, 11:02 AM
WOW Dori!!!! ((hugs)) & lots of love & prayers headed your way!!!!!

Tina - Kaitlin moved out for no reason at all. lol! She was intrigued by this cute little cottage (very little) that was for rent near our house. She was very excited and couldn't wait to do this. Mom & Bob...not so much! But....she is doing well. We still had all of our old furniture, dishes, blankets, pictures, etc. that we gave her. So the only thing she bought was a microwave & some misc, stuff. She adopted a dog from the Humane Society here in Butler. AND.....SHE HAS A VERY STEADY BOYFRIEND!!!! Who is very sweet & kind, so, we really can't complain. She knows that she can come home, but she is determined to show us! lol! She is a doctors assistant, works at a local tanning salon in the evenings and is an EMT. She is bright, entergetic, and so stinkin' independent!!!!!! Her bf is a mechanic and also an EMT & Firefighter. They met at EMT school! :)

Well gotta run. I'm off today and need to get some stuff done. I need some quality time with my hubby too! He works TOO much!!!!!!!

Have a great day!

Tina
05-31-2012, 11:19 AM
Hi all,
jeanne, I didn't mean for it to sound like Kait moved out because she was upset or anything. :lol: Have fun on your day off. You and Bob need to go see Men in Black 3. My sister says it's great!

SIS, where are you??? Please post.

jar1965
05-31-2012, 11:59 AM
Oh no Tina.........I didn't take it that way at all!!!!! ;)

Tina
06-01-2012, 12:17 PM
:dance: Hey, I lost another pound!!!
That's 2 gone. :carrot:

Sis
06-01-2012, 05:11 PM
Hey all, sorry I've been absent. Life has been throwing us some curve balls the last couple of weeks.... Anyways, last week I was up .6 lbs, but this week I lost 2.8, which was a BIG surprise cuz I didn't think I lost cuz I splurged over the holiday week. I will take it tho!! :D
Hope all is well with everyone. Take care!!!

maureen kempster
06-02-2012, 02:38 PM
woopee for all the losses!!!

Sis
06-03-2012, 01:04 PM
Hope everyone is having a great week. Still dealing with a lot of issues and such but I will make it. Yesterday not so great OP but I will do better today. I really want to hit 10% and get that key ring, LOL. Everyone take care and have a great day!!!

Tina
06-04-2012, 02:39 PM
Come to NEW THREAD!!!