Exercise! - 30 Day Shred~ May

View Full Version : 30 Day Shred~ May

bennaloe
05-01-2012, 09:04 AM
I thought I would start the May thread for 30DS as I started this morning! Holy Crap...I did it, with the exception of the very end abs...I had to rest. I surprised myself in being able to do the modified push-ups quite well:D I am still amazed that I made it through...lol. I am sweaty, hot, and shaky but I guess that is a good thing! I wonder how sore I will be in the morning...lol.

I took before pictures, weight and measurements. I don't know if I will be able to finish in the 30 days, but I guess we will see. Any exercise is better than none:carrot: Happy May Day!

Loseit
05-01-2012, 09:30 AM
I would like to join...tried doing 30 day shred before but cud not stay committed...hoping to do it this time. D1L1..

bennaloe
05-01-2012, 10:26 AM
Welcome:D

DaugT
05-01-2012, 01:14 PM
Hey guys! Thanks for starting the shred!
I just completed L2D6 ... so just past the halfway point. I haven't done it EVERY day by a long shot. LOL But keeping up with it, hoping to finish by around the 20th.

bennaloe
05-02-2012, 06:16 AM
I hurt so bad this morning! It's going to be really hard doing L1D2 today...lol. I am hoping that this hurting goes away and it gets better? I am still super happy I finished it yesterday...lol. Although I hurt, it's really a 'feel good' hurt:D

bennaloe
05-02-2012, 07:13 AM
Well, I did it:D L1D2 down! It wasn't as bad as I thought it would be!

DaugT
05-02-2012, 01:02 PM
Good for you!!! It definitely does get easier as it goes on, it really does!

L2D7 Down!! Gonna move on after 10 days, but we'll see how level 3 goes.. may have to stay in 2 a bit longer. LOL

Loseit
05-02-2012, 09:17 PM
L1D2!! So sore ...moved from the 5 pound pink dumbbells to the 8 pounders... Aaahhh...

bennaloe
05-03-2012, 05:43 AM
I think I am going to have to have a rest day today:p Yesterday after I finished I just felt ill. My whole body hurt, and my knee started acting up. I have bad knees, and since I've lost some weight they haven't really bothered me too much, but I guess the exercising did them in. I did take a walk last night and I have to work today (I'm a waitress), so hopefully I will be back at it tomorrow. I have to say that my thighs hurt the most, even to just touch them...lol. Going down stairs or a hill is a killer! Good luck everyone:)

Angelsmom
05-03-2012, 06:48 AM
Hello :wave:

I only have 3 days left but I'd like to join :D
L3D27 done, I'll post my results in two days.
Good luck to everyone

Zumbachica
05-03-2012, 02:28 PM
I'd like to join! I am starting 30 day shred today......haven't done any type of resistance training in a long time so I know this is going to be hard.

DaugT
05-03-2012, 04:50 PM
L2D8 down! YEY! feeling good... thought I still do the walking push ups from my knees and not sure I will ever graduate from that. LOL
Good luck to everyone starting up!

Angelsmom
05-04-2012, 10:04 AM
L3D28 done. :woohoo:

Good luck guys

bennaloe
05-04-2012, 06:18 PM
Had another rest day today, but back at it tomorrow:) I can actually walk down stairs now lol.:p

Angelsmom
05-05-2012, 10:23 AM
L3D29 done! Here's my results:

Inches lost:

Arms: -0.5 each, so -1
Bust: -1
Waist: -2
Upper hips: -2
Lower hips: -2
Upper thighs: -2 each , so -4
Lower thighs: -1 each, so -2

Weight loss: -9 lbs

And I'm done with the shred, good luck everyone :)

bennaloe
05-07-2012, 07:53 AM
14 inches lost! That is awesome Angelsmom!! I'm not keeping up very well, but I did go to do it this morning and couln't find the DVD remote...sigh. However I am down 5 lbs:carrot:

DaugT
05-07-2012, 12:41 PM
Angelsmom you did SO well... those are really great results especially being petite already! Congrats!!
I have not kept up with this the second half nearly as well as the first, but still determined to do it.
Took a fall today, so not gonna be on it. Will keep updating, so close to level 3!! And at least my other workouts are keeping me from losing my stamina!

Angelsmom
05-07-2012, 03:34 PM
Daug- Thank you! I'm very happy with the results :) . Sorry to hear about your fall, hope you get better soon :( and congrats on the pounds lost, keep it up :cheer:

Loseit
05-08-2012, 05:47 PM
L1D6 .... Missed a couple of days over the weekend... I usually do the exercise with my kids around..yesterday they interrupted when I was at around 5 minutes...so I restarted from the beginning.. And my kids were like...u know what to do..you don't have to have the lady tell you again and again!!! This came from my 3 year old!!!

Angelsmom
05-09-2012, 09:19 AM
Loseit- lol sounds like my kids :lol: that's why I exercise when they sleep or before they wake up.
Bennaloe- thanks a lot! And congrats on your 5 lb loss that's amazing. Keep up the good work :)

Loseit
05-09-2012, 05:04 PM
L1d7 done!

Loseit
05-11-2012, 01:50 PM
L1D9!!! And I am doing so much better.. I do the easy pushups sometimes.. But that the only cheating on ny part!!! And Boy!! I can feel tightning if the belly already!! Finally!!

Loseit
05-14-2012, 11:26 AM
L1D12 done. Cruising through level 1.. Feeling more like am in the comfort zone!!! Will move to next level in a few days!!!

Marchmallow
05-17-2012, 02:02 PM
Hello all! I've jumped on Jillian's bandwagon again, I think it's my third attempt - finished L1D1 today. Absolutely knackered, can tell I haven't done this for a while!

Loseit
05-17-2012, 09:56 PM
L1D13. Took break for 2 days!

withinmygrasp
05-18-2012, 01:47 PM
Hello!

I bought the DVD a couple of months ago and only completed up to L1D6. I enjoyed doing it but just found it was too hard to commit and find the time. I have to quit using that as an excuse.

Sooooo I'm back at it again! Starting today so L1D1. Here we go!

Loseit
05-18-2012, 09:31 PM
L2D1... 14th day on shred!!

Marchmallow
05-19-2012, 03:38 PM
L1D2 done! Getting easier already! :D

chocoholic21
05-19-2012, 07:57 PM
Hello ladies!
I too am a devoted fan of the sadistic Ms. Michaels ;)

My last shred workout was Thursday when I finished day eight of level two. I am so close to level three and honestly, I cannot wait to get out of this level of squats, pendulum lunges and mfing PLANK MOVES! I just want to yell at my computer screen every time Jillian says that we're going on to another plank move.

I am currently taking a couple of rest days because of some deep tissue massage therapy that I had which is causing me mucho paino. I'm also experiencing some very sore knees from the workout.

Glad that it's getting easier already, marchmallow!
You are a star!

panshrmu
05-20-2012, 09:07 AM
Ok, I have not started back on the 30DS, I did complete L1 previously, but had a problem that I see others having. Knees.

I have asked questions other places, but no answers......do you all do any other exercise with the 30DS? Like walking? I was doing both, and I feel burned out. Plus my knees were KILLING ME!!! stopped 30DS and knees took about a week to heal, but was still walking.

I am doing No More Trouble Zone and Metabolism something or nother. The weather here (in Taiwan) has been rainy due to Plum Rain Season, so walking is not done daily.

Anyway, just curious as I read that many seem to have knee issues. Is it too much or bad form? I like 30DS, but afraid of hurting my knees!

withinmygrasp
05-20-2012, 03:47 PM
Panshrmu--I am definitely not a expert when it comes to this kind of stuff but I would say form can definitely impact your knees. I have a knee problem and found I just had to slightly modify my movement and not go as hard. It really helped quite a bit!

I do not commit to the 30DS every single day. I try to add in other types of exercise throughout the week so that I don't burn out quickly. So walking is always good. Just make sure that you balance exercise to suit how you feel and how you can motivate yourself.

Loseit
05-21-2012, 11:52 PM
L2D2 ... 15 days on shred!

neon_zephyr
05-22-2012, 01:06 PM
Wish I'd found this thread at the beginning of May, as I would have joined in. I have tried the 30 day shred before and found myself sore the days after a workout, so I thought it would be effective, but I didn't stay committed for 30 days. I'm going to watch this thread for now and see how you guys do and maybe try it again once I get back home from travels (which is where my videos are).

I didn't notice any knee strain or pain when I did this, but I only managed about 2 weeks last time. I do notice that when I'm heavier (the size I am now), my knees and ankles are a bit achy in general. I'd be interested to hear what others have to say about the knee issue, too -- is it bad form that causes knee pain or just carrying the extra weight and doing those kinds of exercises?

withinmygrasp
05-22-2012, 04:36 PM
I'm on L1D2. I add in soccer and other activities so that I am not doing this everyday as I don't want to quit!

Neon-I did it only for 5 days a few months ago but studying just took up too much of my time. I feel like it's okay if you don't complete the 30 days in 30 days! The idea is just being active, so don't worry that you didn't stay committed--life gets in the way!
Also, I would say it is improper form and excess weight that causes the pain. It's stress on muscles/joints/tendons that that they have never (or seldom) experienced. Building up the muscles around the areas that experience pain is most important to maintain form and have a less chance of experiencing the pain.

withinmygrasp
05-24-2012, 01:18 PM
Okay so I am on L1D3 going on to day 4. I might switch to level 2. I am hoping this will work for me!! I kind of want to start just a whole new thread about the 30DS but not have it within a month timeframe. Just to have everyone pop in and give their ideas about eh 30DS.

I'm only on day 4 and I already know everything Jillian is going to say on Level 1 so it's becoming VERYY annoying!!