Support Groups - Slow Dancing With A Stranger {11} WoW!

K9Owner
05-01-2012, 10:00 AM
Hi Everyone :wave:

Consider the following scenarios. If more than one apply to you, this just might be the thread you've been searching for:

:yes: This diet/lifestyle change is such a slow process for me, even losing 0.5 lbs or 1kg is a struggle.
:yes: I am frequently changing up different foods in my plan because what I ate worked last week, but it's not working this week.
:yes: One week, I ate everything on plan and gained weight, but another week I pigged out and LOST! WTH??
:yes: I've been at a plateau for so long, it's my new middle name!
:yes: I do ____ for exercise, but my body becomes used to the workout, and I am frequently having to switch up my routine to continue to see results.
:yes: I have been On Plan for so many days/weeks/months without seeing a downward scale movement, I'm ready to QUIT!

Well, before you rush right off and toss your stilettos, platforms, pumps, or boots in the closet, come have a "Slow Dance" with me! I often feel like I am a stranger in my own body, because I am constantly having to change up food and exercise and my scale still doesn't budge. This is not a challenge, but more of a daily accountability, support group, & learning experience all rolled up in one!

I will start a new thread once a month to reflect progress, accomplishments, and/or set backs! Feel free to post food choices, exercise routines, motivational words of wisdom, or anything else you feel lead to share.

Disclaimer: If you lose weight quickly and easily and have it all figured out, this is NOT the thread for you!

So, without further adieu....
May I have this dance?

K9Owner
05-01-2012, 10:05 AM
:wave: GM everyone!
I have to work a princess shift tonight 7p-11p.
I am praying I can roll that heavy cart around for 4 hours!
I wasn't supposed to work until Friday.

I am going to try to schedule a relaxing massage today, no deep tissue for a while! Each day, I am a little better :)

Thank you all for all of your support. It has meant the world to me!

K9Owner
05-01-2012, 10:21 AM
To see candid snapshots of the race, please visit this site & enter this info in the columns!

MarathonFoto (http://www.marathonfoto.com/index.cfm?action=site.login)
Last Name: Engler
Bib Number: 32666
Event: St. Jude Country Music Marathon & Half Marathon

mkroyer
05-01-2012, 11:30 AM
:wave: K9 and Everyone!

My name is Meghan, and i am a SLOOOOoooooowwwww loser --> But apparently a very fast gainer! haha

Little bit of background to get myself introduced
2 years ago i lost my weight, and reached goal, very quickly. I qwent through the weightloss clinic, Metabolic research Center (MRC). Im a marathon runner and have a sever case of "adult On-set Athleticism"

Well, i maintained for about 1 1/2 years, then, due to an anti-depressant, pregnancy (misscarriage) i gained all the weight back, and of course, it brought friends.
When i was at the hospital on St Paddys Day, i stepped on the scale and it said 161lbs! Holy geezers! i KNEW i had gained, but i was in denial about how much... i was thinking i was aroun 150, and THAT terrified me..... jeebers, for a year and a half the thought of seeing a 140 number terrified me into a viscious cycle of restriction/maintaince, repeat, etc..... I had also lost my period while on the MRC diet, due to overtraining, undereating, and too low of a body fat ( i got down to 12-13%, according to Bio-electro... ...

So, needless to say ive done some serious damage to my hormones and metabolism. My body is very sensitive to strict caloric deficits and overtraining, so this go around, i am NOT going to train for anything while losing weight (TRAIN, not exercise.. i still exercise.... but not with the same *intensity, kwim?) and im going to pay close attention to my cycle, as that is a vital sign for me that my body is too stressed out. When i lost weight originally i was activiely training for a marathon, on a low carb/low cal/low fat/high protein diet of <1100 cals per day......

Well, i re-signed with the same Program (MRC) a couple weeks agao, not *expecting* to lose fast, and still skeptical, though i know the program WORKS. And while being on the eqivalent of "induction" or "phase 1" or whatever, i went in for my first weigh-in, and had GAINED 1.5 pounds! This is during the period where most people lose the most weight, quickly (even if its mostly water weight) and i GAINED.

I struggle to stay on plan 100%, and in all honesty, if i get to see a 1 pound drop (they *guarentee* 3-5 pounds a week.... ya right, not for someone like me) i will danece for joy. I go WI tonight and we shall see..... i *feel* like ive lost some, but again, this is still the initial phase where you lose fast.... so im worried. very worried i forked over money and that the program wont work for me a second time....

sorry for the long intro...
K9-- Congrats on your Half! I looked at the photos :) Smiling in every single one of them.... it looks like you had a blast.

Was it your first half?

Meghan

alaskanlaughter
05-01-2012, 12:10 PM
welcome meghan!!

good morning everyone :) very busy day at work yesterday, running a full day of programming for students, about 36 students yesterday all day but the day went well, good staff and the kids behaved well...found time to work out even during all that :)

last few evenings, late in the evening, ive started to feel very....icky...not exactly SICK, not exactly healthy, its weird, like i cant pinpoint exactly what my body feels like...and after a night's sleep i feel fine...so that's weird

got up earlier this morning because DH had to be at the airport at 6:30 a.m....im getting the kids ready for school right now...then another usual day of errands, working out, going to work etc...

ItsMyTurn
05-01-2012, 11:01 PM
Meghan - :welcome: We are all slow losers here, but seem to be good at this pace :)

Krystal - Awesome pics! Yes, it really is our 11th thread :O Wow!

Did some running tonight after work. Loved it. Nothing kicks the stress of the work day better than going until my legs want to give out on me :) I wore my brace so the doctor can't complain too loudly - and I didn't even care about wearing it as long as I could get out :D Have a super night all!!!!

Alaskan - Sounds like you are still full tilt!

Kristiina - :wave: Hi!!!!

Sum38
05-01-2012, 11:59 PM
Just a quick :wave: and to thank Krystal for our new place!

Welcome Meghan! Glad to have you here.

ItsMyTurn
05-02-2012, 08:40 AM
Kristiina - Great to see you!!!! We will take a fly-by :)

Good morning everyone and hope you rock your Wednesday!!! We are going to be have 91 degree weather and I will be stuck at work - however plan on getting outside after work to enjoy the remaining hour-ish of daylight to enjoy it :)

K9Owner
05-02-2012, 11:19 AM
:welcome2: Meghan! I've seen your post on the running thread, but didn't realize you were struggling with your weight. I also am impressed that you were able to train for a full on "low carb/low cal/low fat/high protein diet of <1100 cals per day……" My long runs were 7-8 miles in training for the 1/2, & I felt as though I was staring all the time. For the last month, I've been eating maintenance cals (1500-2000)/day! I had gained so much of mine back after being at plateau for 6 months, then doing Spike Diet and finally being able to lose again.
I am hoping that MRC will work again for you. Weight loss is such a struggle, especially for the losers of this particular group, and there is no rhyme or reason to it.

This was my 1st 1/2 Mary, a major life accomplishment & victory for me….even with a time of 02:45. I was projected to finish in 03:30 (Nashville is FULL of rolling hills--lots of them). I have previous back injury from subluxation and a 320+ lb patient falling on me about 4 yrs ago while working, so it cut my running time drastically. But, I opted for Chiropractic therapy over western medicine surgical plates and pins & after almost 3 yrs of not being able to run hardly at all, I started running again. I have been wanting to do this race for about 10 yrs! I did have a smile on my face for pretty much the entire course, because literally, it was one of the best times of my entire life to date!

Alaskan: I sure do pray you are not getting sick again! You have been ill enough this year. It's time for summer on your rainforest, not a time to be sick! How is the running coming?

Star: Get out and enjoy the :sunny: while you can! What's in store for you tonight? Walking? Running? Tennis? Swimming? If I had a pool, I'd be out at dusk doing laps in it, especially if I lived in AZ with all that heat!!

Kristiina: How's the 3-day coming along? I have a medical chemical 3 day diet they give to people who need to drop weight quickly for surgery, but I couldn't hack it b/c the foods you had to eat was terrible to me--boiled eggs, beets, etc.. :barf: Good luck with that, gf!

Jo: Uhm, MA'AM, where are you?? That wagon wheel had better not be running over your tunic! :lol:
Miss you!

K9Owner
05-02-2012, 11:40 AM
Work last night SUCKED-even for 4 hours. I ended up staying for 5 1/2. I was busy as ever!

I was supposed to get a Swedish Massage today, but I am getting it tomorrow. Ice blankets for my back again this morning. :yay:
I think I am FINALLY dropping some water weight from TOM and life in general. The scale has blessed me with 146.8 this day! Evil thing!! It just likes to play tricks on us :devil:
I feel as though I am still burning cals from the race. My Polar said I burned 2117 cals, with 10% being body fat :lol: I am a clock watcher when I run & my HR stayed b/t 167-178 the entire 2hrs & 45 min. One of my running mates said that sounded like to many to her, b/c you were supposed to burn 100 cals/mile. :chin:
IDK about that one.

I'm headed to my sis's pool today. I told her I would help clean the outside area up to get ready for the Grad Party in a couple of weeks. She thinks I did this to help her, which I am, but it is moreso so that I can be outside in the water soaking up some much needed RAYS!! :sunny:

Happi Hump Day to each of you!

I need a countdown siggie to restart weight lifting. I'm getting pretty antsy about getting back at it, but I have to recover for a few more days. I do NOT want to risk injury right now. I have too many important events coming up.
:flow1: Think Smart, Krystal....THINK SMART!! :flow1:

jomatho
05-02-2012, 11:56 AM
Hi gals, I am here, just not here :lol:

It has been a busy week so far to say the least. I will make this short since I have a million and one things to do today.

After my horrible weekend, I have been doing pretty well. I decided (finally) to start the weight program on Monday and just finished day three today. It is a 6 day a week program, working different muscle groups each day and also cardio on top of that. So far I have one day of HIIT, one day of running and one day of walking in. I was going to do HIIT again today, but I am feeling pretty pooped so I figure I should listen to my body. I decided to up my calories again a little to 1600 since I have upped the intensity of my workouts. I guess I am still doing IF since I rarely am eating before noon and am usually finished around 6 or 7. No 24 hour fasts though, I don't feel they benefit me much right now.
I finally weighed in today, and am back into the stupid @ss 170s at 171, BUT, I have a lot of DOMS in my arms and pecs, so some of that has to be water weight. Even so, it ticks me off. I am hoping and praying I am back down to the 160s or even my low weight by weeks end or early next week so I can get this show on the road.
Now that my determination is full steam, I find myself re-losing the same darn pounds I have lost a few times already. I hate this one step forward two steps back dance I have been doing. Grrr.

Meghan, :welcome: to the thread with the most supportive girls ever! I would be no where without them. Sorry about all your struggles with life and I hope everything gets moving again for you! At least you know you can do it because you have been there, done that! I think I will learn a lot from you because I feel my body is the same way. If I push too hard for too long, it rebels. I can do small pushes of high intensity or of cutting calories, but too much and I get nowhere. Very frustrating, but I too need to think about fueling well and working out smart. I hope you have a good weigh in tonight!!!! :crossed:

alaskanlaughter
05-02-2012, 02:14 PM
krystal the running is not LOL....i ended up hurting a muscle or something behind my knee, where it connects to my upper calf...weirdest injury ever lol so i got a better pair of shoes and started walking instead while it healed...

right now im doing high-incline walking on the treadmill, up to its max incline and doing fast walking speeds...i take much smaller strides than other ppl do because my hips dont rotate very well due to lower back injuries...my spine is twisted and collapsed inward at the L5 area for the last 20 years or so...i used to walk with a cane at one point and still have a handicapped sign on my car...but anyhow, a walking speed of 3.6 is darn fast for me because i take such small strides

so right now im doing 60 minutes every day on the treadmill of high incline fast walking at varying speeds....i do alot of the walking without using my arms or the handlebars, which forces my core to rotate and twist while walking which gives my core muscles a great workout...im losing my belly fat that way :)

treadmill still says that my heartrate is in the same area as when i was running intervals, and same amount of calories burned because i'm going for longer time now, and the incline walking is something that i can do every single day without having to take time off for a blister or aches n pains etc

and interestingly since i changed to incline walking ive started to drop some weight again....i feel like i'm getting a strength workout by walking uphill, a core workout by letting my core do the work instead of swinging my arms, and a cardio workout because my HR is still elevated and i leave drenched in sweat

ItsMyTurn
05-03-2012, 12:35 AM
Krystal - I am so glad you are letting yourself heal and doing this right :) So proud of you!!!! Betting that massage will feel good tomorrow :D Super jealous!

Jo - The workout program sounds cool. Glad you are able to work all the muscle groups with it :)

Alaskan - It's a great feeling when you can "feel" the improvements !!!!

So, not tennis, running, walking, or swimming tonight... I did weights instead. After the day at work, I needed something I could do with angry music and throw myself into :) It totally worked! We are slammed... down workers, another one on FMLA due to her son... all reports and applications in at once and very few of us to work them.. ugh! So this week will probably be great for my workouts!!!! When I am stressed, working out, sweating... it's my vice :D Awesome feeling after. Now I am properly worn out, though think I pushed my knee a bit too far, so naproxen tonight to keep the swelling damage down a bit and should be ok for cardio tomorrow :P Yes, forgot to wear the brace... my bad. Have a good night all!!! Shower and beddie-bye time for me!

Sum38
05-03-2012, 08:37 AM
Morning ladies! And much missed Larry!!

I just can't seem to get my head straight. I keep eating junk :mad: I have even had some POP :crazy: I am not eating huge amounts but enough to retain crazy amount of water. Scale is stuck at 151 :( :( I have not walked either.... I keep looking at my belly and how it is growing and it is making me feel sad, but obviously not sad enough.

I am super busy.... I think one of my problems is...now that DS iis playing 4 times per week and DD is performing all the time, I am seeing my MIL almost every day, hours at a time. I am about to loose my mind with her. I had a nice break when she was focused on the "new DIL" and now she is back....coincidence that I have gained within the last month?? Baseball started about a month ago. -- Sorry about the rant. I am just really feeling sad and depressed over it. I feel like I have very little control over how I can hang out with my kids and husband. -- I hope I am not being selfish, I just wish we had some boundaries and she attended to things in moderation...like 2-3 times per week. (She expects us to sit with her and only talk to her...I would like to hang out with other BB moms as well; if I do she pouts). ** Rant over ** :D

SOOOO today; I will walk and fast. I think I need to fast again to cut the cycle.

What I feel horrible about; DH has been working from home this week; because of so many kid activities....and I have been a total biotch to him :(

Therefore today is a new and better day. I will walk and fast and be nice to my hubby :lol:

Sum38
05-03-2012, 08:42 AM
Star Are you still gluten free? -- I hope your knee feels better. -- I have taken a break from my walks, and my hip feels better...maybe a little depression is good for sore joints :D -- You are on fire girl!

Krystal How is your toe doing?

Jo I think Fasting is only good for cutting a nasty eating cycle... I will fast today just to get my head straight :lol:

:wave: Alaskan and Meghan!

ItsMyTurn
05-03-2012, 08:44 AM
Kristiina - I totally understand!!!! As far as being a bit... errr...cranky.. to your DH, don't feel bad - it's his fault cause it's his mom driving you crazy :lol: That's how I used to reason it to my DH and when I was better, he would actually laugh and say "I thought the son had to suffer the sins of the FATHER, not MOTHER", :lol: Surprise! :rofl: Get in that walk, fit in some workouts somewhere, and it will help with the stress level. Honestly, I say sit with her as she expects, and still talk to others. Eventually she will either socialize too, or at least stop the pouting because she will figure out it is having no effect on you. I speak from experience. However, for the kids, it's great that she is at all their events - they do remember that as huge support they had throughout the family :) :hug: You totally got this girl!!!! MILs are supposed to drive us nuts - it's their job :lol:

ItsMyTurn
05-03-2012, 08:46 AM
Kristiina - you were posting as I was posting to you :lol: Yes, as of right now, still no super refined grains - not a total gluten free, but the breads/muffins are out still :) I weigh in once a week, so looking forward to the weekend to see if there is even more change. As of now, it's been about 3 weeks, and 3 weeks I have lost consistently even during TOM (which is unheard of for me)

jomatho
05-03-2012, 08:49 AM
Therefore today is a new and better day. I will walk and fast and be nice to my hubby :lol:

:lol: Sounds like a good plan for the day! :lol:

I know exactly where you are at. It is all about everyone else and what are you left with just for you? I get that way and then I just try to remember that I will miss it when it is all gone and try to stay in the moment as much as possible.
As far as eating junk, knock it off! It just makes you feel yucky. Good luck with the fasting, I hope it cuts the cycle for you. Sounds like maybe you are a stress eater, I am too. Course, I am a celebration eater, and any other kind of eater there is too :lol: Give me an emotion and I can eat for it :lol:
I guess what I am saying is you can do this! Start now.

K9Owner
05-03-2012, 12:31 PM
Kristiina: :hug: I sure wish when we had periods of highs, we were able to impose them on others to bring them up when they feel low. I would extend my hand to you and pull you aboard with me today.
My toe is completely healed, thanks so much for inquiring.
I hope you can find a fitness goal outside of your family and do it just for yourself. J is NOT into participating in sports at all and it is what has helped me deal with periods of time alone. :hug:

Alaskan: I'm glad you've found an alternative since running is put on hold for the moment. I'll be honest, walking doesn't give you the high that running does, but it will keep your heart rate up.

Star: WEIGHTS WORK!!! I can't wait til I can lift again. I also can't tell you how many stares and opposing opinions I get when I tell people my next strategy is Body Recomp and heavy lifting. They say-exclusively--"You're not trying to build up are you?" YES!!! As a matter of fact, I am!
It's good that you exercise when you're stressed. When I am under intense stress at work, all I want to do is EAT :nono:

Jo: I just need to :lol: at your entire post!!! Esp. this "Give me an emotion and I can eat for it!" In FB terms…IKR!!! :rofl:

I'm sending some :dust: to all of you!!
Sounds like we need more than a little.

AFM: The scale is either being very, very evil or I need new glasses! Is it possible that I was so stressed out over the race that I was actually holding onto a great deal of weight?? Either water or whatever? How can something you have been looking forward to for over 10 yrs be so stressful that you retain that much water?
Anyway, whatever the case…:goodscale read 145.6 today. I am down 5.4 lbs since last Tuesday!
I feel as though I had a paracentesis or something.
FYI: That is where people who have alot of extracellular fluid build up in their abdomen have it removed with a needle!! :lol:

Speaking of MILs, mine lost the precious K9 that DH and I gave her approx 7 or 8 yrs ago yesterday. "Tucker" was 16!! He was a nuisance to live with us, especially with our 15yr old "Jax", but for my MIL & FIL...it was a perfect fit. He was a 10-15lb lap dog, white and fluffy. They kept him groomed to a tee & she dressed him in sweaters and such. Nothing like my two 50-62lb spoiled babs.
Anyway, she is super upset...as you can imagine. She vowed to never have another animal, especially a K9--this was her first real K9. J had a couple as a child, but they were never "hers".
They have this big talking bird (which I despise). I don't know what they will do if anything ever happened to him. They've had it about 12 yrs.
So, :hug: to my MIL today. She defo needs it. I love her to pieces.

K9Owner
05-03-2012, 12:40 PM
Summer is here already. Does anyone have BIG summer plans? Any holiday trips coming up? Family reunions? Parties?

I think I have told you all, I have a BIG summer planned this year.

May
10: Chels's Nursing Pinning Ceremony
11: Chel's Graduation
12: Chel's Grad Party
13-20: Tahoe

June
3: DH (J) Bday :woo:
4-8: Co-teaching VBS
12: My mom's Bday :gift:
13-16: OT for me at work
21: Father's Day
29-July1: Simplicity Canoe Trip

:sunny: July :sunny:
2: My sis's Bday :woo:
4: Independence Day Celebration :celebrate:
I'm sure there will be MANY pool parties in July with the kiddos :swim:

August
26: Z (my nephew's 17th) :bday2:
28: N (my nephew's 8th) :bday2:
31: Labor Day Weekend Simplicity Canoe Trip

September
3: Labor Day
28: Flight to Ft. Lauderdale
29-Oct6: The Keys, The Caymans, & Jamaica!!! :yay:

alaskanlaughter
05-03-2012, 01:48 PM
good morning :) wow u have a busy summer coming up krystal!! im going to try to work part time this summer for my program...otherwise i will be doing childcare at home again just for the summer...DH comes back tonight, otherwise a usual day for us here

i got super creeped out last night LOL home alone with the kids, pouring rain outside...our dog started growling and barking at the big sliding glass doors that lead to the deck and back yard...NOTHING was out there...he growled and barked for a good 15 minutes or so and i never saw anything but then something shook the glass doors hard and startled me!! still dont know what it was and never saw anything at all out there...i made sure all the doors were locked including the sliding doors, and then shut all the curtains but our dog continued to bark and growl at the doors for another half hour or so, a quiet growling, protective or something(?) i dunno....our dog NEVER acts like that...creeped me out(!)

speaking of creepy things, my DH said last summer something else happened here too...we had this set of metal shelving in the living room that all the kids' toy boxes were on and at the very top at the back of the shelves was a box of playdough, hidden up there so the kids wouldnt get into it...DH was home alone one day and all of a sudden the box of playdough flew off the shelf and scattered all over the carpet...i didnt believe him until he showed me the remnants of playdough crumbs still in the carpet LOL

ItsMyTurn
05-03-2012, 05:53 PM
Jo - Staying in the moment and knowing that it will be much missed when gone is an excellent view point to help keep sanity :) The rest of your post on eating cracked me up - I think we all "feel ya" on that one!!! I will be the first to admit I am a boredom eater, stress eater, etc etc... which is why I turned workouts into an addiction for dealing now, :lol: Although my poor family - I think I was too effective with it, cause now if I don't get in my workout and skip more than one day due to stuff going on, I bite off everyone's heads! :rofl:

Krystal - Yay for the toe being 100% again!!!! That's some huge weight dropping, but honestly, yes stress can have that much effect on you. And it doesn't have to be "bad" stress... it can be anxiousness, anxiety, being peturbed, etc - in your case, your excitement grabbed the water and increased cortisol (I know it's the cortisol cause you specifically said it came off all belly)... your levels are returning to normal again, so enjoy! :) Sorry for your MIL losing her fur-baby...that's hard.
As for the weights, I totally agree. I have incorporated them regularly for about 7 months (except in a flare)... and each time I graduate up in weight, I see more differences and love it. There is nothing wrong with building up at all - and women don't have the testosterone to be all bulk anyway - the only thing it does is improve everything and how you feel! I say go for it and ignore those that have never done it and haven't a clue!
Super busy summer for you!!!!

Plans for me... let's see.... May 22-June 14 my parents will be here from Maine, June 10-15 my DD16 will be at arthritis camp, I am sure there will be a combined birthday celebration at BIL's place sometime at end of June as usual, and that's about it. I want to get backyard landscaping done before monsoon hits too. But between full time work, getting kiddos to their appts, getting the yardwork done, my workouts, and now (since I got my student ID # and am off wait list finally) full time college too.... It's kind of hard to plan for a bunch else :) I will take it though, love being busy

Alaskan - Super creepy

Sum38
05-03-2012, 06:03 PM
DD and I went shoe shopping, and now life is all better. :lol: I bought 3 pretty pairs.

Krystal, I am so sorry about your MIL's baby. Shadow is my love and even thinking about her getting old makes my heart ache.

K9Owner
05-03-2012, 08:06 PM
Star: I think your theory is correct! That is the only logical explanation for this. I have never lost 5.4lbs in a week--ever!! Not even with TOM.
Cortisol rises in times of stress, thereby raising our weight, especially in the abdominal area. Once the race was over and my Cortisol numbers returned to normal, the levels balanced back out and a fluid shift occurred! Makes sense to me :)
And, I will defo take it! I have a summer to conquer!
Now, if I can just manage to keep the stress level down when I signed up for my next 1/2 Mary, then I'll really be rockin' this party!! :lol:

alaskanlaughter
05-03-2012, 08:07 PM
uh oh send me some willpower dust :) DH is bringing taco bell back on the flight tonight

let me explain....we live in a city with no roads leading out...you fly or boat out of here...we used to have a taco bell years ago and it closed...We Crave It! and i mean the whole city LOL it's a common thing to pack it in your luggage for a flight home from the "big city"...i havent eaten taco bell in probably 7-8 years :( ughhh and saturday's my monthly weigh in...eek!!

on a side note, that's also how we send food to the little native villages around here, airplane or boat...for example, if someone is putting a vehicle on the state ferry, it's common to STUFF it full of food for family in the village...one year we bought ALOT of holiday food and sent it back on a flight with our nephew...it all wouldnt fit in his luggage so he boarded the flight with a huge frozen thanksgiving turkey stuffed in his carry on backpack LOLOL!

ItsMyTurn
05-03-2012, 09:21 PM
Kristiina - I am so glad you got to enjoy some retail therapy :)

Krystal - I am telling you, that has got to be it! It's ok to stress about the next one, since now you know once you level back out it will just disappear anyway :carrot: So happy that it came off for ya!!!!

Alaskan - Hard to imagine seeing him walk on a plane with a carryon having a big ol' turkey in it... what the scanner must have seen when the bag went through security :rofl:

I want to go running tonight, so sucking down some water while waiting for outside temperatures to lower a bit. 98 degrees does not make for a comfy run. Here's hoping it happens fast or I will have to do something inside and I really just feel like running until my legs die

guacamole
05-03-2012, 09:32 PM
Hello, everyone. Another slow loser checking in here. I am getting frustrated with the scale and myself. I felt really hungry today, and ate 210 calories over my usual 1200. Normally, I wouldn't sweat it, but I weighed in at 159 on Monday and really wanted to stay low to see the scale move down by Friday. Probably not going to happen now...especially as I ate 2 flour wraps for dinner. Something needs to change....not sure what yet.

Sum38
05-03-2012, 10:08 PM
Guacamole, so nice to have you here :hug:

Star, 94 here today :sunny: and there is no way in h3ll I would run..hehe
Not in this weather. You are my hero!!

Krystal, freaking 5.4 pounds?.?.?. I hate you! :lol: actually I am so happy for you!! Maybe I have a stress belly from dealing my with my insane inlaw....I wish I had a normal MIL. Atleast mine has not raided my closet lately, progress :lol3: my best friend, the ultimate best friend i have is a man...I love his mom to pieces.....I secretly wish she was my MIL. Count your blessings that you have a wonderful MIL! -- since my mom is in Finland and P's mom is a psychopath...at times I feel so alone. Okee, enough....

Jo...omg...you are hilarious!

Alaskan, enjoy too bell....yum!

Edited to say....hate my iPad and my sucky old eyes.....eye dr this Saturday...he!

ItsMyTurn
05-04-2012, 12:14 AM
guacamole - wraps will get ya every time :)

Kristiina - It cooled here to about 94 and I took it and ran. Ended up having to wait so late that I did half of it in the dark though. I hate that our area is so rural that street lights don't even exist on some of the roads, but... whacha gonna do? I didn't hear any coyote babies tonight, so knew the parents wouldn't be out hunting at least.... if I wasn't so clumsy by nature I would have went faster, but... :lol: Now I think I earned my supper; DH fixed me a salad while I was out for my run :D Then it's shower and bed... one more day of work before the weekend!!!

K9Owner
05-04-2012, 12:38 AM
Well....the usual 13 day recovery period for a 1/2 Mary run lasted all of 4.5 days for me!
I had to come get some gym time in tonight!
I'm addicted!
:wl:

alaskanlaughter
05-04-2012, 03:11 AM
i did good today overall so i was happy...i didnt binge out on taco bell which surprised me...thanks for all the willpower dust :)

some of the taco bell went to my teenager, i took some to my friend a few streets over as she was waiting patiently for her taco bell fix, and i ate one soft taco and about 3/4 of a bean burrito and gave the rest to the puppy ...i dont want anymore, which is weird but i'm happy with it...

i had 1190 calories before the taco bell....i looked up the info online taco bell and it totalled 500 calories...so i ended at 1690 minus 240 exercise calories burned today...so im happy with that...

tomorrow some of the last of the taco bell goes with my teenager for his lunch, DH will probably eat some, and it'll be all eaten up :)

alaskanlaughter
05-04-2012, 03:42 AM
okay if i did this right it should show two pics of my face....both at the closest angle i could get to just being a straight-on shot of my face...no tilting or otherwise messing with the angle to get a "skinny" shot

this one was taken in march 2011 at a high weight of 230, perhaps a little less

and this one was taken yesterday at an all-time low weight of 192

ItsMyTurn
05-04-2012, 08:40 AM
Krystal - You crack me up!!! That won't hurt you any by hitting gym already, will it? I am amazed you held this long since it's what was on your brain :lol:

Alaskan - Seeing those pics so close to each other sure does show the differences. You must look in awe!

jomatho
05-04-2012, 09:07 AM
Checkin in but not happy. My scale is moving the wrong direction. I am almost 4 pounds over my ticker, wth?
Krystal, you had better come take this weight back, I do not want it and don't ever send it my way again!
This is really a bummer because this should be my lightest weight of the month, the week after TOM. No whoosh for me this month, booo.
So in my head, I am trying to figure out what is going on and all I can think of is the weight lifting. My hamstrings are really sore and the rest is just mildly sore, so some must be water weight. I am always stressed, so at least 15 pounds must be cortisol weight :rofl:
Seriously though, the weight lifting is part of it, but I have also been eating up to 1800 calories this week. Between 16-18. Not low carb, but also not really a lot of carbs, so that can't be it. My sodium was up a little yesterday, but not over 3,000mg. I don't know if upping my calories a little has caused me to hold on to some weight or if it is just with weight lifting. I just cannot eat much lower than that when I am lifting. I get way too hungry. I know I burn at the least in a day 2500, so I should still be good with a deficit. Most days I burn more than that. Still makes me think about whether I am eating too much, but then the sensible side of me says no way.
It makes my head spin. I know, I just have to stick with it and be patient. One week is nothing to judge a program by. I guess I should have stayed off the scale a little longer than I did. :D
Gotta go get ready for my walk.
BBL for some personals.

Sum38
05-04-2012, 09:25 AM
Jo :hug: you and I both!!!!

K9Owner
05-04-2012, 01:11 PM
:wave:
Hi Ladies!!

:welcome2: Guacamole

Quick post today. I have to work tonight, Sun, and Mon :cry:
Hopefully, it'll be ok.

Alaskan: I can defo see the difference in your face! I know you are thrilled :)

Jo: :hug: but, NO No & no... I will not take those lbs back! I still have 4 to go to get to my low! I'm going to get there!!
:rofl: I think it's your Cortisol level too!!

Kristiina: :hug: I hope you have a great day today!

Star: Hopefully, your running question was answered from MFP. In C25K, I encouraged my beginner ladies to do either or, but usually not both (tread and outside). It's hard enough in the beginning to start running, much less adding more difficulty by doing treadmill work and then outside work.
FYI: When you get on the elliptical next time, go backwards, It will help with the running ;)

alaskanlaughter
05-04-2012, 04:20 PM
finished my last 5K uphill walking this week...5 of them for 5 straight days in a row...which was my goal for this week since i had nothing else on my morning calendars :)

pouring rain outside, which is always nice at least when you're sitting inside...time to clean up for work next and get some coffee

jomatho
05-04-2012, 04:51 PM
I updated my mfp profile with some new pics that I took last week to signify both 60 pounds lost and also the "before" weight lifting shots. Included are me in two of my dresses from the last couple events :)
I decided I would celebrate being 170 instead of being disgusted with it and looking at my pictures I have nothing to be disgusted about. Sure, I still have some work to do tightening things up, but hey, overall, I have lost a friggin lot of weight and I have no right to be upset with myself. If I never lose another pound, I am still a winner. Go me! :)

:rofl: I am cracking myself up again. I need a life. :rofl:

guacamole
05-04-2012, 05:20 PM
Hello, checking in. Well, my "weekend of eating" which is becoming common for me has already begun. Went to lunch with kids and hubby. I ordered a tuna sandwich, but also had a few handfuls of fries and a few pieces of pancake off of my kids plates. I am still under calories for the day but - it's not dinnertime yet and I have about 200 calories left! Hate it when that happens. I am so diligent Monday-Thursday, why can't I get my act together Friday-Sunday? I'll more than likely go over my calories for the day. And I wonder why I am losing slowly?

K9Owner
05-04-2012, 07:29 PM
Off to work for me! :yay:

You ladies have a wonderful Friday night and try to stay OP this weekend.
It's seriously not worth it to keep deterring your goals!

:wl: on a Friday night for me! Please ;)

ItsMyTurn
05-04-2012, 07:30 PM
Jo - We are all using the universal cortisol excuse, you might as well hop on the wagon with us :lol: I can't wait to see those pics when I get home tonight (can't view pics at work). Not sure if it makes a difference, but I am totally impressed with all you have accomplished, the weight, the fitness... amazing. Just sayin'

Krystal - It was for the most part... then I took bits and pieces and went in search for what "fit" with me. I don't run where there are hills, there was only one day where it was really breezy... however I did find out (with some great input from my awesome docs at work) that due to my lung disease, running in the heat, dry heat at that, is probably what is slowing me. With my RA, I am doing right by running in the dirt (apparently lower impact then doing it on tar...not that there is much option where I am at, :lol: ), but the dry heat will prevent the oxygen intake that I get in my cooler house. Just the both of them hearing how dry and hacky my throat gets (they asked), was enough to solidify the answer in their heads before voicing to me. So MFP gave me the starting point to ask right questions, and the awesome docs here finished it off :D I am so lucky to be surrounded by awesome MFP and 3FC buddies!!!! My preference is to always run outside, however, due to the triple digit heat we get, it's not always an option for me. As for the elliptical - about every other time on it, I do go backwards - no more than 10 mins though (rips at my knee).... but I also do my weights, squats (no more than 90 degree angle - again, cause of the knee), etc which has helped those muscles I need.

My own little NSV: Back awhile ago, I just ran across the road to get out of way of traffic... left hip slid right out of place. My RA has destroyed most of the joint lubricant most have (as well as the gel packs in knees), and I felt it. That night when I got home, I knew it was time to fix what I could. I watched my Nan with her RA end up with hip replacement, using a walker, etc. I watched my mom, on the other hand, fight through pain (even on meds, you still hurt... don't care who you are), and never lost movement of anything. Then I saw my DD16 before we knew what was wrong with her deteriorate to a wheelchair and fight her way back to walking with no durable medical equipment needed. I have had RA since I was 14ish (from what everyone can figure) and I have held labor jobs, participated in sports (as a teen and as adult), I have been active... heck, even did a stretch as a waitress. I have never let this stop me from any activity and wasn't about to start now. For the record, I never liked "running" by itself. I liked it when it was for basketball, softball, etc... but not by itself. However, I DO love me a challenge, I HATE to fail at anything, and will do whatever it takes to succeed...and now... I love running cause I know I "couldn't", :lol: I lifted weights, talked to my doctor, worked with fitness coach that my dr recommended, started doing what I had to in order to build AROUND the joints. I had MRI (showed I need knee surgery that I refuse, but hip should be "ok" to walk)... heck with that! I want to run! Told my doctor (she has known me long enough) "look... you said don't, not good.. but we both know I will. What I need from you is to know the safest way to do it". She got me a brace for the real bad knee, gave me a topical anti-inflammatory, I have Mobic and Tramadol for PRN (when needed... have only taken 2 since I got them almost a year ago, lol)... and said to do it slow! So... I started to increase the distance I was walking (some of you remember that). Then started to increase speed of the walking (increasing lungs and training joints/muscles). I have kept with the lifting and just a couple months ago increased my level again. I have incorporated Tae Bo (to totally throw off my body), and then began to try VERY small spurts of running. Then... I started C25K. I am working it REAL slow, repeating a ton of it before moving... BUT... without a program the other day, in the house... ran 3 miles in 30mins, 28 secs :) The whole thing!!!! Got back outside last night (and it was hot though) and had to revert to C25K... but that's ok too.. cause to go from unable to cross a street in a run... to now being able to push myself until the legs are rubbery??? I am still proud of that! :)

ok, this post is way too long, sorry if I bored you all to tears :) :hug:

Sum38
05-04-2012, 07:45 PM
Jo...you are looking amazing!!!!!
I remember the last ones around 200. You have a very pretty and proportional shape.

I just got back sending my DD off to her senior prom....sniff :cry:

Sum38
05-04-2012, 08:41 PM
Okee, sitting at my laptop, I loathe using the iPad for personals. -- Unfortunately my laptop is about to die :( We went and looked for some new ones yesterday, I just did not have time to go and make the actual purchase today.

Star That is amazing! My GM was totally immobile by the time she hit 60, with RA. -- I have tendency to get sore joints; I was tester for RA factor, it was positive...but since I have lupus I am not sure if it is a "real" positive. I really admire you! -- I try to walk through my hip and knee pains, but it is hard! You are awesome!! :hug:

Guacamole Your weekends are like my Tuesday and Wednesdays... I can't control myself on those days. Sending you :dust: for Sat and Sun.

Alaskan Nice job on your 5K's this week!

Krystal Are you leaving your $$ home again this weekend? -- Did you change your diet after 13.1? I am still super jealous of your -5.4 :dizzy:

ItsMyTurn
05-05-2012, 12:53 AM
Jo - You look so super awesome!!! Great job girl!!! For real, you have come so far and wow does it show!!!

Sum - I think you do great! Without the weights/strength training, I would have never made it this far. They kept checking me for lupus through my 20's and early 30's until they realized the breathing issues were RA nodules that keep growing, getting bigger, then shrinking on my lungs... oy! My blood work doesn't show RA factor... neither does mom's, or my DD's... no idea if my Nan's did or not - so they couldn't figure it out until damage was done. It's not easy, and it's slow, but I am determined :) AND... it sets a good example for DD16 - who has it 100x worse than I do.

Oh, on that note... DD13 went to doctor Wednesday due to another joint (first was ankle for a month, now wrist for 2 months) hurting her. Dr is doing some tests, but looking like the RA is hitting her too. Moms are supposed to make their kids feel better, not be the genetic reason they hurt - someone missed that memo.

Tired tonight after a rough week, so decided it was going to be rest day from workouts :) My big plans for the weekend are: sleep in (oh heck yea!), get workout in early in day before the heat hits, and lounge by the pool :D I am going to OWN this weekend! :P Have a super night all!

K9Owner
05-05-2012, 04:26 PM
:woohoo: Saturday IS here!
I had such a pleasant evening at work :yay:
First in a very long time!!

I MOST defo DID leave my $$ at home. Glad I did too, otherwise, I may have been tempted to go grab junk.
Just as bad, the girl I went to Nashville with brought a huge chocolate sheet cake from a party for us to enjoy.
I don't even like chocolate cake, but I had a slice of it, b/c I had vanilla ice cream to go with it. I am a sucker for store bought icing! The full fat, full cholesterol, high calorie kind!!
Oh well, me and Spike have a date anyway, so it helped to boost the cals for the day!

I made a yummi Chocolate PB Protein Shake for Spike today.
My cals have been between 1100-1300 everyday this week & there is no way I want to get into another metabolism slump like I was before.
Therefore, I am Spiking for now. Lower carb than usual for me too. No IF, that just causes me to binge. TOTAL Body Recomp for the summer.

As soon as I return from Tahoe, it is full force LIFTING :wl:
I intend to run no more than 8miles/week.
I am also going to re-incorporate some Bodyrock into my weeks.
It's really past time for me to get serious.

Can I just stay 36? I am loving this age!! :lol:

Happi Day all & Happi Cinco de Mayo! :cheers:

alaskanlaughter
05-05-2012, 07:47 PM
have had a busy day doing all kinds of errands and grocery shopping....with the kids....

almost ran into an old ex-friend at the store, i saw her car there but not her...kind of wanted to run into her since i was dressed all cute AND had lost about 35 pounds since she last saw me...but that's the evil side of me LOL she's a psycho lady who tried to cause A Lot of family problems at one point...seriously WHO else would call me for 40 minutes straight on my phone when i wont answer it? anyhow...that was long long ago lol

Sum38
05-05-2012, 08:08 PM
Insanely busy day; a good thing because I did not eat like a pig :ink:.
It was not a pocketbook friendly day though.... 3/4 of us needed new glasses. I had to give in and get a pair, I have been pretending that my eye sight has been okay... I bough my new laptop...and we almost bought a new car. P needs a new car. His lease went in some months ago and we never replaced it when he was working from home, now we can't wing it any more. We really like the new Buick Lacrosse. It is so comfy. He had a CTS before and it felt too small for him because he is so tall.

I only had a small lunch with some nicely aged cheddar cheese and gluten free crackers and some carrots. Dinner was grilled pork chops, steamed broccoli and small serving of brown rice. I am way under calories but I really should not worry too much;hehe...I have been eating plenty.

DD had her prom yesterday, and she looked so pretty. I can't believe she is graduating in a month!! :eek:

I hope everyone is having OP weekend :hug:

guacamole
05-05-2012, 11:25 PM
Hello, everyone!

Sum38 - congrats on your daughter's prom/graduation milestone!

Well, my eating was awful today, as it usually is on Saturday. Giant family meals get me every time. So now, it's back to the grindstone tomorrow.

K9Owner
05-06-2012, 09:33 AM
GM Ladies :wave:
Quick post this morning for me. Work tonight & tomorrow, $ will be left at home.

Spike day yesterday. I feel sodium-induced today. Mexican food usually has MSG in it, which makes for a good time. Didn't weigh in, no point. I feel abdominal bloating. I'll weigh Wednesday or so.

I did really well last week eating-wise! I'm glad my hunger monster has left the building for a while.

Looks like it's going to be frigid for Tahoe next week, at least for me. 60s in May is not my bag, but I'm just going to make the most of it. My friends want to tour a winery, which DH has already turned his nose up to...as well as catching a show & going to the casino in Reno. We are such opposites!
He often wonders why I like to do things alone! It's because his interests and mind are vastly different. Opposites attract--right??

Happi Sunday to each of you.
Get out and get some sunshine if it's peeking at you through the clouds today :sunny:

ItsMyTurn
05-06-2012, 12:40 PM
Krystal - You are so funny :) If I could have stayed 36, it would have happened... but noooooo. LOL!!!
I just read that you signed up for another 1/2.... but you are going to have such an easier time with the lifting incorporated. I am going to be so curious to see your time for the next one to compare :)
Glad work went smoothly for you!!

As for me, did workout in the morning yesterday, sun bathing and hanging in the pool in afternoon, and some cleaning and playing a dance game with DD13 in evening :) Oh, and my weigh in showed down 1.4lbs for the week :O ! Holy moly!

alaskanlaughter
05-06-2012, 04:07 PM
my monthly weigh in was supposed to be yesterday but i was very, um, constipated almost from eating some junk food the last few days...not much junk food, but it always affects me....so i weighed in today and it was 191.0...i even saw 188 flash by me but it didnt stick LOL...so that means 3.4 pounds lost this month....but my weight fluctuates so much that it could be 193 tomorrow, or higher if i eat junk, or bounce lower...who knows...i record the data but it doesnt rule my life like it used to

its pouring rain today and only 41 degrees outside...im inside all day doing laundry and stuff, got some reading to do, work-related, "Building Resiliency in Children and Teens" LOL and im going to box up and mail some mother's day stuff to my mom and am going to make whole wheat bread from scratch...should be fun :)

Sum38
05-06-2012, 09:37 PM

My DD, almost grown.

Sum38
05-06-2012, 10:16 PM
Okee Ladies...

Time for me to get honest (with myself). I have fallen off wagon, which has been quite evident. My scale is around 150-151, which is totally unacceptable. Month ago I was at 147.5. Okee, some of this is water weight because of poor eating choices made during the past month....les't say I am carrying 1.5 pounds of toxins and bloat, but that still leaves me with 2 pound gain for the month :mad: -- I did it, I ate garbage and stopped logging my food. I was depressed and tired of this journey...and I have been showing all signs of giving up....

I can't give up. I won't.

I have been a bear to live with. Partly because of my MIL issues, but mostly because I have eaten junk and my body feels BAD!!! I feel bad!!! -- What ever my MIL does, this is not worth it! I control what goes past my lips. -- I need to stay strong and true to myself. -- And my poor food choices are making matters worse. I have been ugly and b1tchy with my DH, and he really does not need this now. His situation is tough enough without me adding to it.

So ladies, starting tomorrow, back to logging!! Back to make good choices, one bite at a time.

I am thinking about even renewing my gym memb. and getting a trainer to kick my big fat butt!! :drill:

I won't take measurements until Friday; I would probably totally get bummed out, I will give 5 days for myself to eat clean.

Luckily I did follow IF...without IF I could be 155 pounds by now....

Sum38
05-06-2012, 10:30 PM
Krystal I just saw a picture of myself from 8 years ago.... I was 36. I was smoking hot :cool: I wish I could go back being 36!! -- 30's were great! You must be totally horrified with us, prelude what is yet to come :devil::devil:
Are you doing any hiking in Tahoe? -- Have you been there before? That will be a blast for you...even if you need to drag your DH along kicking and screaming :D:D

Alaskan :woohoo: on your loss!! Nicely done!

Star 1.4 pounds! Holy moly indeed!! Is this because extra activity or different food choices! I am so happy for you! :hug:

Guacamole I hope the rest of the weekend turned out better!

Where is Jo? Showing off her hot bod? :D

alaskanlaughter
05-07-2012, 02:34 AM
sum your daughter is so pretty! and i love her gown too!

i had a nice busy day at home...i love being busy! honestly i do...i cant stand to sit around and "relax", i get fidgety and antsy and bored and restless...sometimes i wonder if my teenager got his ADHD from me but i dont remember being this restless as a kid...weird

so i got all the laundry done...baked some yummy whole wheat honey bread from scratch...got the package mailed, basically really everything done on my list today...got the younger one bathed and in bed at a decent hour...his sleep schedule got thrown WAY off whack last week with DH being out of town...he keeps himself awake til i go to bed when daddy is gone...house is clean, all chores are done, AND i even worked on our 500-piece Insanely Hard Puzzle that the littlest one and i are working on...so it was a good day

nice day at home....no drama with anyone (long story there) ...got everything done...even uploaded videos to youtube of littlest son so his grandparents can see him

eating was on plan...ended the day at 1500 calories eaten...and no workout, it was a rest day

Sum38
05-07-2012, 02:40 AM
I can't sleep :mad:

I have been looking through pictures and I remember having this picture taken, and I thought I was HUGE at the time...now I would love to have that waist back...

alaskanlaughter
05-07-2012, 01:31 PM
good morning :) im tired this morning and will probably rest before i go to the gym...already got the kids to school and ate something for breakfast....ive been dreaming ALOT the last few nights, which is odd because normally i dont dream...i wonder what that says about my quality of sleep...was hard to get up this morning, was sleeping really good

jomatho
05-07-2012, 01:44 PM
Hey girls, how's it going? It's Monday, need I say more?

I have had a busy weekend and on top of that, I have been doing a lot of soul searching, internet searching and changing of the plan, AGAIN!
Well, I actually changed what I was doing about a week ago, but have been hanging out over at the mfp boards, just reinforcing in my mind what I am doing, there are so many good threads I have been reading.

I have decided to bump my calorie goals back up again and not spike for a while. I need to do this both to support the weight workouts, but also for my sanity. I just cannot eat 12-1400 calories and be happy and I cannot fathom doing that for the rest of my life, so why do it now? It is nice to be able to splurge a day on the weekend, but I always woke up feeling crappy the next day and did not care for that about spiking. I may revisit the idea once I am closer to or have gotten to goal, but for now I need to avoid it.

So I am basing my new calorie goals on my (sedentary) goal weight and then adding exercise calories to that (minus 15% for error sake). I know I won't lose scale weight very fast doing this, but I was not losing very fast, if at all, by practically starving myself (or so it felt, lol) so what's the difference? I may have to tweak things, but this should help me lose slowly until I get to goal and then I just continue eating the same from there. I should be pretty good at it by then!
I am still sort of IFing, because I naturally gravitate towards a 6-8 hour window anyways, so I will keep doing that.

So I spiked twice two weekends ago (don't ask), and then this whole last week/weekend I have averaged 2000 calories per day, gravitating towards 2200 by the end of the week, which is where I will probably end up most days that I exercise. So far my weight is holding, and I am expecting and hoping for 1/2-1 pound loss per week. If not, I will readjust my goals again, but I am going to give it a good 2-4 weeks for my body to adjust to the extra calories and the weight lifting routine (I have been pretty sore).
I guess what I am getting at is I would rather be happy and comfortable than miserable spinning my wheels. And I know my body will change just from the workouts/weights, even if the scale doesn't reflect it. If I stayed 170 and fit into a couple sizes smaller jeans, I would take it.
Oh, and the extra fuel is working, I increased about half of my weights during today's workout and had a personal best during my HIIT workout today. I had been sort of stuck with my speeds the last month or two. Woohoo for fuel!
So that's where my head is at, sorry I haven't been posting more.
Thanks for the compliments on my photos. My intention is to put together a side by side for comparison once I am into this for a month or two. It will be interesting to see if the pictures show anything even if the scale stalls!

K9Owner
05-07-2012, 05:48 PM
Alaskan: Great job on the loss. I think you may have had more if it were not for the sodium induced Taco Bell. But, still a great loss for the month :yay:
Your bread looked so good on FB, but I could not tempt myself to make a large photo out of it :lol:
I have zilcho for willpower!!

Kristiina: You daughter is nothing shy of beautiful!!
I love the color of that dress. It is stunning on her!
Time flies. I can remember when we were sending Chels off to her prom, now she's graduating Nursing School :dizzy:
Slow Down, please!!
I hope you are back to logging. Now is just a HORRID time to STOP logging and being OP!!
Do you know how close summer is??
Get to the gym, get a trainer, do whatever you have to do to get it back together, ma'am!!
You have to get some new goals going. I have told you this before.
And for crying out loud, does your MIL live w/you?
She's an adult, give her some space, even if she doesn't want it. I pretend "BUSY" all the time :lol:
I love that pic of you. You were super thin!! And look at those sexi legs :love: No wonder P is all over you. I had to think of what you said about Betty when I saw that pic :rofl:
Ok, I'm not weird, but it just reminded me of that!!
I have not been to Tahoe, but I'm looking forward to it. I have already said I'm having a great time from the moment we step on the plane to leave Memphis!

Jo: I have my :crossed: that this new plan works out for you. I'll have to be honest, I hate you guys are not spiking w/me, but I can't blame you if it wasn't working. The 6 weeks that I did it, I lost a pound a week, which was phenomenal for me! Which is why I decided to pick it back up after the race.
Also, I'm shooting for lower carbs (for me).
You know I was eating an insane amount of carbs the whole month of March, sometimes 200-400g/day :yikes:

Guac: :dust: for the week for you after a giant family meal weekend. get back at it today. You can do this!!

Star: I am completely jealous of you laying out by the pool! :sunny: Oh, how I wanna lay out!! I can hardly wait!! Bring on the heat!!
Awesome job on the 1.4 for the week :yay:

Oye! One more night for me!! :carrot:

Happi Monday all! Bring on the rest of the week.
It's past time to :wl:
BRING IT!!

Sum38
05-08-2012, 08:00 AM
OMG Krystal. NO! If she had, I would be in a padded cell or in a cell where windows have bars :rofl: -- She has 0 respect for our home or privacy. If you ever have watched the show called "Everybody Loves Raymond" that is my MIL except 1000x worse... My MIL just shows up here, unexpected. I find her washing my windows, cleaning my bathroom, taking clothes out of my closet without asking me (She is 5'10" and I am 5'3", we also have about 125 pound weight difference), she gets mad if we do family dinners out with kids and don't invite her; she will go to into great lengths to find out where we went, and drives there, and sits and pouts during the whole dinner. ..(she has even crashed mine and P's date nights)-- We have changed locks and garage codes, but she goes to my neighbor and asks for the key or the garage code....and puts my neighbor in an uncomfortable situation. I could write a book!! -- When people complain about some silly things their MIL's do, I just roll my eyes :rolleyes: Take mine for a week and they would be kissing their MIL's feet :lol3: -- I usually try to ignore it and take it, but a few times per year I just want to explode. Sorry for being so b1tchy. :hug:

ETA P wants Betty done :rofl:

Sum38
05-08-2012, 08:12 AM
As for me :lol:.... I had a good day yesterday. I followed the flat belly diet; basically ate veggies, and protein. My sugar intake was less that 20 g with no added sugar. And scale rewarded me; 148.5 pounds!!! I wanted to cry. I did eat low calories, but I am going to try eat quite low again today and tomorrow. Just to get rid of this bloat and yuck.

I took a walk, did a little bit of arm toning and drank my water and tea. I was a good girl!

Today's plan;

Gentle walk (Jo...which means ONLY 4mph...lol)

18 fast with 6 h eating window;

No bfast
Lunch;
~ Salad with grilled shrimp
~ Dressing; olive oil, lemon and balsamic vinegar
Snack;
~ Sunflower seeds
~ Dark chocolate
Dinner;
~ Grilled chicken
~ broccoli
~ feta cheese
~ brown rice

Sum38
05-08-2012, 08:17 AM
Jo You and I are on the same wave length :hug: My weekend was spent as well soul searching....

I know we can do this!! -- Just imagine the day when we enter into maint?? What a glorious day it will be. What is your "ultimate" goal? Weigh wise? -- I know you would be happy at 170 with smaller clothing, but what is your secret goal?

jomatho
05-08-2012, 08:44 AM
Sum, I am still shooting for 145, because that was smack in the middle of a normal BMI for me and with a medium frame, I figure that was appropriate. In my head, I see anything under 150 as desirable, but under 160 is a must. Notice how I am already preparing myself to not be able to get to goal???
Good for you for getting back on the wagon and I am so glad you were rewarded for your efforts on the scale.
Your daughter is beautiful! A senior prom for a girl is so special, I hope she had a great time!

Alaskan, Great job on the weight loss last month! That is awesome, you must be thrilled, and I have to say what a difference in your head shots! You should be so proud. Here's hoping you have another great month.

K9, that is quite a summer coming up for you! Mine looks nothing like that, but we are usually so busy during the year, a nice relaxing summer by the pool is nice for us, without all the running around of the school year.
Have fun pumping the iron. I am loving my program, but I have been sore, sore, sore. It's all good.
Good for you for signing up for another 1/2 mary!

Guacamole, hopefully you got yourself back on track after Saturday! The weekends are always rough aren't they? So I probably know this, but what is your plan? Are you a calorie counter? Do you workout?

Who did I miss?

Star! You must be busy, haven't seen you on mfp much this week. How's your daughter doing? Sorry to hear she is having joint trouble too :hug:
Awesome news on another 1.4 down though!!! You are rocking this thing. How about I hang out here around 170 and let you catch up :lol: I'm laughing, but that just might be the case at the rate I am stalling and the rate you are losing! Oh well, if I don't laugh I will cry right? :lol: :lol: :lol:

Okay, I know I missed a lot of personals lately, so hopefully I touched on most of what I wanted to. Catch you all later! Busy day again today, but I may be back tonight to see how everyone is doing.

alaskanlaughter
05-08-2012, 04:39 PM
good morning :) i had another night filled with dreams, not sure why, not sure if i'm sleeping better or worse than usual where i dont dream...woke up feeling very crappy and tired and achy, almost didnt want to work out this morning....after i dropped the kids at school, though, i ate and laid down for awhile and felt better so i went to the gym and did my usual workout and i feel fine now...not sure what that was all about

raining like crazy here...but it IS a rainforest after all...the lawn is flooded and waterlogged, it rained so hard last night that it woke me out of a dead sleep, and the forecast calls for rain all week

ItsMyTurn
05-08-2012, 06:24 PM
Kristiina - I am so not ready to watch any of my kids graduate. Even though DS is 18, he stayed back a year in school, so still have one more year of school :) My heart goes out to you though!

I can't imagine a MIL worse than the one on "Everybody Loves Raymond". :rofl: It's only hilarious to me cause it's not mine. I really doubt talking to her would be beneficial then, that's someone who feels they NEED to be "there" ALL the time... dang. My MIL passed a year ago this coming Monday... I miss her terribly - but grew up around her. Fortunately my mom isn't like that to my DH either... my dad is a "FIL"... but mom never wanted to be "titled" like that and just doesn't act like one at all - DH is grateful, :lol:

Great job following your new plan and with the loss!!! :carrot: Awesome!

Jo - You so have to do what is right for you. As we all know, this is not a cookie-cutter, everyone is not the same type of thing. If it were, we would not be on the slower loss thread and everyone would be equal :) I am a huge advocate for strength training and workouts... but you all know that anyway...and if it takes more calories to fuel them, then I say do it. The difference in shaping and health is going to be the reward :)

I have no doubt you will hit your "secret goal" as Kristiina worded it. It will be slow, but the reshaping you are doing along the way is amazing and in my eyes, should not be giving way to doubt on your not reaching goal. You really are more inspiration then you realize with all you do. As for me catching up, if you remember right, you have made leaps and bounds of progress over me due to my 6 month plateau :) I will say this though - I also wonder if it's the body's way of saying "hold up, gotta shift around a bit before we move the scale". During that 6 month plateau, every month there were inches lost, reshaping done, butt lifting going on... funny part... since I started losing this month, I did my measurements as always... only the arms showed a loss of size :lol: This might be your body's pausing point until it shifts to where it has to in order to lose?

Guacamole - Been awhile, are you hanging out ? How are you doing?

Alaskan - I wonder why all the dreams lately? Have you had more on the brain than usual?

Krystal - I am so glad you have so much going on and would gladly let ya bask in the sun with me if you are ever in the state and need a place to crash with a pool :) Lord knows we have plenty of room and I would love some female company over the age of 16, :rofl: I bet you are going to just have a blast all summer though, some amazing plans you have!!!

For me - Super busy lately, but still chugging along. I have been recording my workouts in MFP, but otherwise have been commenting in small spurts due to no time. Youngest DD has been following dr order and being careful with wrist until we hear something on tests. Oldest DD sees the orthopedic surgeon tomorrow. What a blessing. His office no longer takes any of the 3 insurances I have on her, but... when her RA specialists called him direct on the phone, he went to hospital board, and then we got a phone call directly from him to say - no insurance, no money... your only obligation is to get her here on the times we have open. :O Wow!!! Thank goodness!!! Best in his field and her RA dr trusts no one else to do what is necessary on that end for her. Parents will be here May 22, appointment for doing all college paperwork on the 23rd (registration, loan, everything... will even have class schedule when I leave).

carolr3639
05-08-2012, 06:39 PM
I haven't read all this but it is VERY interesting. I lost 40lb with intuitive eating and have been stuck for a couple years. I exercise every day but that doesn't help. I tired low carb the other day and couldn't make it one day. I am a mother of ten and 63 years old.

K9Owner
05-08-2012, 06:53 PM
:welcome3: Carolr! So glad to have you!

I'll post later tonight, just wanted to send some love to all of you today.
I am right in the middle of the struggle with all of you!!
:hug:

Sum38
05-09-2012, 09:31 AM
OMG!! I went from 151 to 147 in TWO days??!! This flat belly diet is working.

Is it possible that I actually did not gain, but I have been carrying around all this water because of bad food? -- Looking back, my calories were not that high, I just ate junk and more junk. I probably ate at maintenance level all month. Hum.

K9Owner
05-09-2012, 09:34 AM
:wave: Hi Ladies
I am so busy this week, as I knew I would be.
I am seriously regretting spending the cash for this Tahoe trip. It is right in the middle of summer/winter, when the activities are limited--not hot enough for water sports, not cold enough for ski slopes! That leaves the choices very limited.
We will go on a wine tour Wednesday and San Francisco on one of the days. I hadn't really looked into the area until last night.
The hot air balloon ride looked awesome & would be on my itinerary if the price tag wasn't $250 per person for 1 HOUR!!! :yikes:

Anyway, hair appt today for me, shopping for the grad, & a meeting later this evening at work. They always stick something "mandatory" at work when you are getting ready to do something important in your own life :rolleyes:

I've been sticking to my Body Recomp plan like super glue! I've been significantly lower carb--except on Spike Day & Tuesday early morning at work. Gosh, was I ever busy and STRESSED at work Mon. night/Tues. early a.m.!!! No time for food and I had a bag of Baked Lays and Chick Fil A for breakfast!
Not stressing out too much about it.
I expected to lose a pound this week, and from the looks of things, I will do that very thing :carrot:
I'm gradually getting back to my "Cortisol-Induced" weight gain from February!

Today's Weight: 144.2 (Down 2.6 from last Wednesday!!) :woohoo:

I did make it to the gym last night for a little recovery workout. Nothing to strenuous yet. I still feel like I'm lifting feathers, but that's ok. I'm not trying to tear anything up muscle-wise atm.

Happy Hump Day!
:dust: all around!!

K9Owner
05-09-2012, 09:36 AM
OMG!! I went from 151 to 147 in TWO days??!! This flat belly diet is working.

Is it possible that I actually did not gain, but I have been carrying around all this water because of bad food? -- Looking back, my calories were not that high, I just ate junk and more junk. I probably ate at maintenance level all month. Hum.

:woohoo:
This is very possible and probable!!
I'm telling you, it looks as though someone stuck a needle in my abdomen, just by reducing the carbs/junk in my diet!!
Now, if we can just continue to stay on track!!
No more junk!
Have a yummi shake instead :)

Sum38
05-09-2012, 09:46 AM
This is very possible and probable!!
I'm telling you, it looks as though someone stuck a needle in my abdomen, just by reducing the carbs/junk in my diet!!
Now, if we can just continue to stay on track!!
No more junk!
Have a yummi shake instead :)

We can! :hug:

My carbs were at 60g and sugar 20g on both days...amazing results.

jomatho
05-09-2012, 11:02 AM
I gotta tell ya, it is so hard seeing you guys with your losses this week to not say to heck with it and cut my calories back down, but I gotta stick to my plan for a while. Congrats to you losers by the way :lol:

I am still hovering at 170 (last week 171, bouncing around that pound all week), but I took measurements today and have lost 1/2 inch at my bust and a 1/2 inch at my waist, so I will take that! I also feel thinner than ever, so that helps. I know I am holding water since my muscles are sore (shoulders, pecs, tris, hammies, thighs and calves especially). Also, my body is getting used to the bump in calories. I am going to give it at least a month. I always get this feeling right before I drop weight too, like I can feel it coming or something. Maybe it is just that I feel the thinness before it registers on the scale? I don't know, and maybe I am wrong, but I think I will drop a little in the next week or two. If I don't, I am still sticking to the plan!!!! Hold me to it! My scale does not own me! <<<<My new mantra!

Carol, :welcome: to the slow losers thread!

alaskanlaughter
05-09-2012, 02:17 PM
good morning :) made sugar-free cheesecake this morning...tastes good but doesnt look so good LOL i messed around with the recipe which i think caused it, it raised up real high while baking and then fell very very flat LOL but it's still good and everyone will probably eat it up later...i had two small pieces, can't figure out the calories on it, it's driving me bonkers, but it was sugar-free and i'll eat well for the rest of the day...

talked to my sister for a long time this morning...she's in another one of her crisis(es?) where she's upset and might leave her boyfriend (which i would be fine with) and probably was drinking already today...i made sure she ate something while i was talking to her...send up some prayers for her :) she needs them

Sum38
05-09-2012, 04:40 PM
Good afternoon my favorite online peeps!

:welcome: Carol! You are about to meet some of the most wonderful and supportive ladies.

Alaskan, did you start taking vitamins lately? Vitamin B usually gives me vivid dreams. I have to take my multivitamin by noon or otherwise I am going to have a movie night :D -- sending good vibes towards your sis!

Star, I love hearing nice stories about good doctors! How is your DD doing overall? Does she have a lot of pain on daily basis? She sounds like a trooper. RA is such a difficult "illness" to live with.

Jo, I am sure my little salsa is temporary :D I am ovulating as well which makes this even sweeter. You will be doing your salsa solo soon. Your bod looks really good. And now that you are doing all that weight training, you will get even more condensed. Both of us are within 10 pounds of healthy BMI....you look much trimmer than I do. You are inspiring me to get my weight training going.

Dang, Krystal....144. Awesome! I can never catch up with you :lol: Tahoe should be fun, even if you are between seasons. Did I tell you that Tahoe is high on our list what comes to moving there? Have you been to SF before? My work used to take me there quite a bit, I love that city.

Guacamole, :wave:

alaskanlaughter
05-09-2012, 10:09 PM
ive been taking multivitamins for about a year now and i always take it in the morning...im not sure why i had all those dreams...im dealing with alot of personal drama but thats nothing new...and doesnt play out in my dreams at all...i had less dreams last night though

worked out this morning...ate well except for (BIG EXCEPT) a rather large piece (chunk) of fudge...specially made locally at the famous tourist shop and given to us as "teacher appreciation"...i saved half for DH and put it away where i wont see it again ughhhh sugar is my downfall....planning to eat well tonight but still, it was SOOOO good and i almost dont even regret it lol

had one student Melt Down for almost 2 hours this afternoon...ughhh...spent my whole afternoon monitoring Just Him ack!

have alot of things to get done tonight and i really want to watch american idol but i might be too busy :(

K9Owner
05-09-2012, 10:52 PM
Dangit! Dangit! Dangit! :tantrum:
The meeting at work turned into a slice of cheese :jeno: for me! GRRRRRR!!
Today's cals: Approx 1600
Today's Carbs: Approx 180! :tantrum:

Shoot me now, please!!!

ItsMyTurn
05-10-2012, 12:12 AM
Sum - Yes, DD lives with pain day in and day out; takes Mobic and Tramadol daily to function. Word from Ortho today was: knee replacement. It's our only option now. This is what we were afraid of because her last surgery back before school started for the year was told us then, that was the last chance we had before the resort was replacement. So we have to get her in to dentist (insure no cavities before they will allow it), then into pediatrician for her labs, chest x-ray, etc... then the replacement surgery will be scheduled. They are trying to fit her in before the next school year starts Aug 4th.

Needless to say, a ton going on. I did run/walk this morning before DD's appt, then went to that in Phx, then to work. On the way home was a huge dust storm, followed by t-storm, and almost 2 hr power outage. Crazy day. Off to bed for me, go to sleep and wake up fresh for a new day. Good night ladies!

jomatho
05-10-2012, 08:38 AM
Star, sounds like you had a rough day. :hug: Glad you are still taking time for you and your workouts, that helps relieve the stress just a little. Keep us updated :hug:

Krystal, so you ate just above or right around your bmr (what your body needs for basic bodily functions remember), and you ate about half the daily recommended of carbs. No biggie. Your body probably thanks you while your head is having a tantrum :lol: I do hate it when I eat something I wasn't going to (like wine and popcorn last night), but just keep looking at the big picture, it all evens out, you are doing great!

Sum, you sound so chipper in your posts! Glad you are having a good week!

Guacamole :wave: hi there!

Alaskan, did you say "fudge" ? :drool:

You know, you guys, I am seriously considering a metabolism reset, which would mean eating at maintenance for 2-4 weeks. The more I read about it, the more I want to do it. It would obviously stall me or even cause me to gain a little, but I want to cross the finish line strong and healthy and properly fueling my body. I don't want to have to eat at or below bmr for the rest of my life. My bmr is 1545, do you know how many days I eat under that and then add exercise to it? Seriously, what am I doing to my body and my metabolism? If I reset my metabolism to maintenance (around 2500), I should be able to lose weight eating 2000 calories or above every day, and then as I get closer and closer to goal, I close that calorie gap and end up being a happy thin person, eating 2500ish calories a day. It is just a scary thing to do, but in the long run it just makes so much sense in my head. What do you guys think, should I go for it? I have been reading a lot about it in the "eat more to lose weight" group over at mfp. So that is where my head is at today :lol: I am a thinker, if you guys haven't noticed. I love information and learning new things, but sometimes it boggles my mind :dizzy: I just wish some weight loss guru would drop out of the sky, take my hand and lead me to health and thinness, hehe.

Sum38
05-10-2012, 09:09 AM
Jo Very interesting! I spent a few hours last night reading about resetting one's metabolism, because I think I did that "accidentally" last month with my higher calorie intake. The only time I have been able to drop pounds like this has been after higher calorie intake period. I wish I had not stopped logging because I would know exactly how much I was taking in. I think I was atleast at my maint. level.

I woke up at 146.5 pounds. I have been this low only a few times during this journey, and I think those were days that I was dehydrated. It does not make any "sense" that I have "dropped" 4-5 pounds in one week, therefore I think I did something to my metabolism. Krystal If I managed to reset my metabolism; I will adopt spike days.

Jo I sure wish there was a way to do this simple way....they say eat less and move more, but it is so much more. Maybe once we are all done, Slow Dancers should write a book!!

I finished my 3 day initial flat belly cure. -- Now I need to decide what is my next step. -- I made a mental goal for myself; below 140 pounds by June 12th; my DD's graduation date. I weighed 147 pounds when she started HS, it would be nice to weigh 139.9 pounds when she exists HS. :D

I like doing IF and I like this flat belly eating life style. Lots of lean protein and veggies (I am not a big fan of fruit). I have had 8 oz of red wine each night with some VERY dark chocolate. :drool: So I think I will keep this up but up my calories to 1500 and have one spike day; eat 2500-3000. If I managed to reset my metabolism I don't want to mess it up!

ETA: I went out last night and bought a few cute walking/workout capri pants and some heatgear t's. I saw these tiny shorts that Krystal wore for her butt shot, and I sooo thought of you K. Yes, you and I are weird. Next we know, we will be getting Betty's together :lol3: -- I am weird as well ...hehe

K9Owner
05-10-2012, 09:36 AM
Another fly-by check in for me this a.m.
I have an added "Bonus" to my busy week.
My sweet girl has GI upset!
She has been having "accidents" inside for about 4 days. I just thought it was 1 episode at first, but she had one yesterday and this morning. So, I am off to get her something for treatment this morning.
As if I needed anything else to add to this week. It is already jam-packed!
My MIL is keeping both of my babs for a week. This little GI upset could not have come at a WORSE time!!

I am considering weighing myself today. I just don't think I can handle a gain on the scale (Sodium, of course). I still feel thin this morning, but I do have a little bloat.
Also, I am sore as h-e-double hockey stix!! Especially in my glutes and hammies!
Why? I only did 4 sets of lunges with 10lb weights in each hand (usually it's 20 in each) but it feels as though I did a full lower body workout. Lactic acid city :dizzy:

Anyway, yesterday, I spent the whole day shopping for tops. THe ones I have are to loose. So I love to shop at a place called "Plato's Closet". It's a consignment shop that resells trendy clothes. We have 3 of them in different parts of the city. How about I tried on like 40 different tops and the mediums were too small and the large ones were too big!!! I bought a Nike running top and an Ann Taylor top--that was IT!! About 8 hours worth of shopping! :tantrum:
I despise shopping!

Star: :hug: I hope your DD feels better really soon! Praying for her & you as you all deal with the upcoming surgery.

Alaskan: :hug: to you as well. Prayers sent on behalf of your sister. She is lucky to have a sister like you. I hope you have a great day with your kiddos.

Jo: I think you will see a gain, as I did, when you start eating 2500 cals/day.
I did it for about a month (not trying)--in March. I gained, but I've already told you all my rationale for the gain, but I am losing again eating at <1300 cals/day, very quickly, I might add! :crossed: this "resetting" works for you. Try to stick with it for a month & see how your body responds. The absolute worst thing is that you gain a few lbs.

Kristiina: :rofl: you seriously CRACK ME UP!! STALKER!! :lol:
Keep spiking & see if it continues to work for you!! Remember to do a few workouts throughout the week & try to keep your cals lower. As long as everyday does not turn into a spike day, like mine did in March!! Awesome job on 146!! I know you're trying to catch me! You WILL!! Just keep at it. You're so close ;)

:wave: Hi Guacamole!

Sum38
05-10-2012, 02:25 PM
Awww...poor baby Krystal. Is this your older or younger fry baby? Maybe she ate something outside or from garbage and this will pass soon! -- You will love this; Shadow is the baby of the family, spoiled rotten. I bought one of those running belts with water bottles, just for her. Not for me :D I carry a soft waterbowl with me for her. Not only she gets 5.5 mile daily walk, off the leash, and a 20 minute swim, but mama stops every 2 miles and gives her a drink....

Star you are my hero!

Jo how is your son's shoulder? My son just had his follow up appointment, it is slightly better. It will be a long healing process. Interesting thing tho....the surgeon said that based on his growth plates, he has LOTS of growing to do. Sheesh....he is 5'10 and he may grow another 6+ inches.....but he has to grow into those size 14 1/2 feet...hehe I never pictured having a giant son.

I am wearing my sexy jeans today. I have not been able to wear them in a looooong time. P is coming home tonite ;) I took measurements after lunch. Well belly and hips were the same as last month....they may be a bit less tomorrow morning...but my calves have lost nearly an inch, 13+ inches; and my mid thigh was 18 inches, one inch loss. I don't want to shrink on THOSE areas, but please let my torso area make some progress!!

I am cleaning my house, hubby is coming home :cloud9: I better finish.

Sum38
05-11-2012, 07:41 AM
Official weigh in 146! :dance: :dance:

The lowest official since this journey started!!

jomatho
05-11-2012, 07:52 AM

:woohoo: I am so happy for you! :woohoo:

Sum38
05-11-2012, 07:55 AM
Thanks Jo!! :hug: I pound and I have lost 20 pounds....I am excited and invigorated.

jomatho
05-11-2012, 08:06 AM
So I came here this morning to say this maintenance reset thing is going to be hard.
I didn't realize how ingrained in my head "eat less, workout more" was!
Yesterday, I kept finding my thoughts telling me to skip meals/parts of meals and I just felt awkward not working out. I actually put on my workout clothes and shoes at one point and was going to just get on the treadmill for a little bit.
My gosh, what is wrong with me that I can't take a break?
I ended up burning 2636 and ate just under 2500. I am wearing my bodybugg this week just to see where I am falling again. That was without working out yesterday. That's just terrible what I have been doing to my body. If I had worked out, I would have burned over 3000 calories and I might have eaten 1200 or 1400. Seriously? 1800-1600 calorie burn? What was I thinking? I know better than that. There is no quick fix. No wonder my body is fighting me. I have abused it.
OMG, I think this might kill me just knowing I won't lose. I mean, before I wasn't losing anyways, but at least I knew there was a chance of losing. Sigh. (Dreamily looking at Sum's post).
Okay, morning rant over, I feel better :) I know I am doing what I need to do, and today is a new day. I just have to keep stringing one maintenance level day after another and before I know it, it will be time to start losing again.
I am determined to change this. I will get my metabolism burning again and finish this in a healthy way.
Thanks for "listening"! :grouphug:

jomatho
05-11-2012, 08:08 AM
Thanks Jo!! :hug: I pound and I have lost 20 pounds....I am excited and invigorated.

Oh my gosh, that is amazing! I bet you and P are going to have a fantastic walk today!!!

jomatho
05-11-2012, 08:13 AM
Oh, I have one more issue. I am really supposed to cut back if not cut out the cardio during this phase. I feel so guilty about my walking partner, I don't know how to tell her. I wonder if I should just cut back to a couple days a week and make something up or tell her the truth. She doesn't have a weight problem and never has/will, so I don't usually talk about it to her. Our walks are not super strenuous, but I do burn at least 400 cals each time. That on top of what I normally burn in a day and then if I need to do weight lifting that day, that's a lot of burn when I am supposed to be giving my body a break. Hmmmm.

Sum38
05-11-2012, 08:30 AM
About your walks, if you skip them what would you be doing? Housecleaning? Errands? Or sitting around (which I doubt :lol:) If your walks are not fast, I would just keep going. You would be burning atleast 250 calories during that hour anyways? Maybe just slower them a bit, intentionally.

K9Owner
05-11-2012, 11:40 AM

Yippee!! You're catching up quickly!!
You Geaux Girl ;)

K9Owner
05-11-2012, 11:47 AM
i haven't weighed.
I feel like I have retained water.
I might weigh when I return from Tahoe.
TOM is expected Thursday! JOY! (That's the day we are going to San Fran)
Good thing I'm taking fat girl clothes :lol:

Chels's pinning ceremony was just perfect. It was rather inspiring to hear again all the reasons why I became a nurse in the first place. There is a HUGE disconnect from the "reasons why I want to become a nurse" to "actually being a bedside nurse". Funny how these 2 concepts don't jive when the rubber meets the road, especially in caring for chronic heart failure patients. I need a new field. I need to re-visit why the passion of nursing was so passionate to me once before & find that spark of genius that I once had for the profession.

Anywho..... Happi Friday1
I'm in celebration mode :celebrate:

K9Owner
05-11-2012, 11:54 AM
Ok, I gave in to that evil scale:: 144.6
I guess it was "water in my head"! :dizzy:
Loss of 1lb for the week (from last Friday).
Hey, for once, I was right on!!
I said after spiking I was intending on losing a pound this week and I did :woohoo:
I'm excited!!

jomatho
05-11-2012, 04:43 PM
Oh my goodness, I am only on day 2 of my reset, do you guys have to post such good losses right now???

:lol: jk, Congrats to you too Krystal, that's awesome!

alaskanlaughter
05-12-2012, 12:01 AM
i calculated my BMR just out of curiosity and it says at my height, weight, age i should eat 1644 calories a day to maintain....so assuming i subtract 500 per day to lose, that means i should eat 1144 calories a day?? how can that be right? arent you supposed to be above 1200 a day?

jomatho
05-12-2012, 09:19 AM
i calculated my BMR just out of curiosity and it says at my height, weight, age i should eat 1644 calories a day to maintain....so assuming i subtract 500 per day to lose, that means i should eat 1144 calories a day?? how can that be right? arent you supposed to be above 1200 a day?

If that was your bmr, that is the minimum amount of calories you body needs as if you were in bed in a coma all day, just for breathing, digestion, and other bodily processes.
Most of us that try to lose weight eat under this number and then exercise on top of that so essentially we are asking our bodies to function on less than half of what they need as a baseline. So where does the body take what it needs from? Unfortunately it is not always from the fat stores. More often than not, it is muscles, organs, hair, skin, nails. No different than an anorexic that only feeds herself a couple hundred calories a day. Scary. And when we do splurge because we can't hack it anymore? Yup, our body hangs onto that fat for dear life. I have done so much reading on this lately and I will never starve my body again. I will do this the right way. You have to eat to lose fat and gain muscle. I cringe at how much muscle I have lost. So anyways, I ramble. . .
You need to calculate your TDEE which stands for total daily energy expenditure. You will be multiplying your bmr by your activity/exercise level. I would bet you are at least moderately active, if not heavy due to your active job and how many workouts you do. Here's a cool calculator that I have used, but there are many out there and they all come to around the same numbers.
http://scoobysworkshop.com/calorie-calculator/
Remember, with TDEE, your exercise burns are already factored in, so you just have to do a cut with food to lose weight (in theory).

K9Owner
05-12-2012, 10:48 AM
Flying by to say "hi" :wave:
Ok, that was cheesy!!
But, considering all of the plans I have for today, that is about all I have to say :lol:

I hope you are all having a fabulous Saturday. I may not post for a couple of days. I would assume the condo has WiFi :crossed:

Grad Party tonight--I am doing a speech/toast for my niece, which she unaware of!! I heart surprise things like that!! :woohoo: (other surprises, eh...not so much)
I can't wait to take pics in my $8 dress from Plato's Closet I bought like 3 months ago!! You all will love it ;)

alaskanlaughter
05-12-2012, 01:53 PM
thank you jo! ive always been worried about eating too little and have been trying to keep my net calories to about 1200-1400, and counting back exercise calories to really my gross calories are about 1600..i also dont count veggies and fruits, but i should start doing that

this calculator says 1638 BMR, 2539 TDEE and 2158 to lose...im VERY scared to eat more but maybe i will try for a week or so and make those extra calories the very BEST possible of foods and see what happens...i gain weight SO easily though that i would hate to undo all of my work and get right back to 200 again :( im still right at 195 and have been maintaining that for a few months...and it's hard to beleive that with all my workouts, and eating that few calories, that i havent lost any more weight

Sum38
05-12-2012, 03:21 PM
Congrats to Chels! Have fun today Krystal!

jomatho
05-12-2012, 03:57 PM
thank you jo! ive always been worried about eating too little and have been trying to keep my net calories to about 1200-1400, and counting back exercise calories to really my gross calories are about 1600..i also dont count veggies and fruits, but i should start doing that

this calculator says 1638 BMR, 2539 TDEE and 2158 to lose...im VERY scared to eat more but maybe i will try for a week or so and make those extra calories the very BEST possible of foods and see what happens...i gain weight SO easily though that i would hate to undo all of my work and get right back to 200 again :( im still right at 195 and have been maintaining that for a few months...and it's hard to beleive that with all my workouts, and eating that few calories, that i havent lost any more weight

Just a warning, you may gain initially at first, lots of people report gaining around 5 pounds. It is hard to see, but it is most likely not fat if you are eating clean. Just extra water, glycogen, waste and all that. For most, it comes back off in a week or two/three. Some people ease up slowly because of that, adding 1-200 cals/day a week. I just jumped in with both feet like I always do :lol: right up to maintenance. I just felt like this is what I needed to do though. Everyone is different and are at different places in their journeys. Let me know if you have any other questions, I have done a lot of reading on the subject lately.

ETA: if you weren't counting veggies or fruits, I bet you were closer than you thought, good job! Your metabolism is most likely not as messed up as mine.

jomatho
05-12-2012, 04:20 PM
Sum, I am trying to find the recipe you posted for chili that had pineapple and ground turkey??? I have some ground turkey to cook up and was thinking regular chili, but then I remembered that one. Maybe it was on the previous thread.

ETA: found it! I have never heard of pineapple salsa, will have to run to the store for that one, but I have the rest! Hope it was good?

Sum38
05-12-2012, 06:05 PM
I had none this time, but I had peach mango salsa and I added canned green chilies....yum!

jomatho
05-12-2012, 07:28 PM
I had none this time, but I had peach mango salsa and I added canned green chilies....yum!

I couldn't find the old elpaso at Kroger or Meijer, I just ended up buying Meijer gold grilled pineapple chipoltle salsa (which is really good by the way, who knew?). We haven't eaten the chili yet, but I have been tasting and it is good! I added one can of tomato soup just for personal preference and also added the a small onion, red peppers and corn that you made a note of at the bottom. My calories came out a little higher, but that may just be a portion thing, I have to see how much we get out of it and adjust from there. Oh, and I started too late to do it in the crock pot, so I just cooked it on the stove top. Thanks so much, I think 3/4 of us will really like this! My youngest considers this "mexican" I don't think chili is mexican do you? Weird kid.
Where did you find the old elpaso spicy pineapple chile salsa (or whatever it is called)?

Sum38
05-12-2012, 07:32 PM
I think I bought it from Kroger or Hollywood Market... I think any salsa will work. I added canned diced tomatoes this time, as well.

P just had his chili :) It is like all of us having dinner together :D -- He put in some sour cream, and liked it. I did not think of adding that....

alaskanlaughter
05-12-2012, 08:22 PM
i have been SO thirsty today, i think, because i've been gravitating towards liquids....although i don't feel thirsty....i had some granola and milk, a protein shake, some coffee, some gatorade and just now ate a few bites of cheese and meat...somehow this all totals 1065 calories :( and its only 3 p.m.

im planning to make my own veggie pizza for dinner...should be interesting...

gave myself a horrid blister yesterday while working out...wore a hole in my sock which in turn gave me a blister bigger than my thumbnail :( ouchhhh...its a bit better today, being careful walking

we just went to all three stores in town for groceries...i spent A LOT of time in the produce section and came home with oranges, bananas, swiss chard, onions, mushrooms, peppers, corn on the cob and probably more than i forgot...sadly my budget now hates me :( lol

Sum38
05-12-2012, 08:51 PM
I am so proud of myself! :love:

DS had 2 games last night, and games today. -- And between games we always feed the boys.... so there is a lot of together time. -- I actually did not let my MIL get to me :p I chatted with her awhile and when she started poking at me, I politely got up and said; I am going to go and say hello to so and so. Today, when she started antaganising me again, I did the same thing, with a smile. I just said "uhum, yes (and smiled)... I am going to go and say hi to Kim".

I did not over eat :woohoo: I actually had none of the food. It is all kid food and loaded with carbs.

I am doing some personal growth here ladies. -- It is easy to tell someone to follow above advice, but actually execute it with grace is another story. Took me many years, and many pounds.

My 5 pound bloat loss last week "shaped" my body somewhat. My belly looks thinner and flatter. It makes me feel good. -- I wore a really pretty dress last night and I received many compliments. My DH said, wow you look really thin.... which was the best out of all :hug: I wore a pair of jeans today that are a true size 8 with a t-shirt and I actually had a little bit of a waist. :eek: -- The point here is. I have given my MIL too much power over me. I am done eating after seeing her. I am done feeling sad after seeing her; so today I felt empowered, almost, when I was able to walk away and not take the abuse. And I was able to walk away feeling thin...does that make sense to you?

P says I have hit an enormous milestone. :carrot: I have realized, I can not make her happy.... she loves misery. She loved making me miserable and I won't let her any longer. It is almost like a switch went off....I am a slow learner (and a people pleaser what comes to my loved ones).

Thanks for listening :grouphug: Maybe I will approach this whole MIL thing with humor from now on. :carrot:

K9Owner
05-12-2012, 11:31 PM
:tantrum:
The graduation party turned out to be embarrassment of the century!!
My sis had asked if I knew a DJ, which I did. She hired one of mine & DH's friends to do it. I bought all of the alcoholic beverages and had planned a very sentimental toast for my niece. It rained a bit, so the pool was closed of course, but the party was set up in a sunroom and a covered area on the outside patio.
All of Chels's friends hung out in the driveway--sitting on her bf's truck tailgate while the "adults" sat in the house around the table!

My BIL, who had come in later for the party from a baseball game, became very upset with me when I walked in and said, "What are you all doing in here while D is playing outside? This is so embarrassing to me!"
(He was basically playing for himself b/c all of the younger crowd was in the driveway & all the older crowd was inside the house!)
I wouldn't have cared less if it would not have been a friend of ours, but it was!
My BIL shouted, "You will not speak like this to my family."
His mom and step dad were down (for the 2nd time in 22 yrs) from Idaho.
The rest of the room was MY family!

It was by far the WORST party I had ever been too!
I was so furious!
I had bought all of the wine, champagne, and rum for this party (over $100 worth), & I am hoping I can return it!

I so wanted to tell him that DH and I paid for MOST of the tuition for her to even go to nursing school, but I just left.
Funny, after that, my sis, my mom, and my nephew came up to me and said, "What's wrong? Why are you so mad? Why are you leaving?"

:tantrum:

I should have just been a guest and not volunteered anything.
Did I mention I HANDMADE all 30 invitations for this party and only like 3 couples came???

They have a wedding next March-- God willing--and I will be a guest only & nothing else.

alaskanlaughter
05-13-2012, 12:17 AM
oh krystal i'm so sorry ...and mad for you...grrr that sounds just terrible, especially after you went to all that work...

i mustve been channeling you because i just ate way more pizza than anyone should reasonably eat

K9Owner
05-13-2012, 01:18 AM
OMGaaaaaHHHHH!!

How about DH stayed at the party to talk to our friend D--the DJ.
When he came home he said, "Guess who D thought was your parents?"
I'm like, "IDK, who?"
DH replied, "Your sis and your BIL!" :o
What had he been :smoking: ??

jomatho
05-13-2012, 08:42 AM
I think I bought it from Kroger or Hollywood Market... I think any salsa will work. I added canned diced tomatoes this time, as well.

P just had his chili :) It is like all of us having dinner together :D -- He put in some sour cream, and liked it. I did not think of adding that....

Oh my gosh, I loved, loved, loved that chili!!!!! Thank you for posting that. It will definitely be a regular in my rotation. I think some diced tomatoes would be good! And next time I think I will add a can of black beans too. I normally make my chili with salsa, black beans and corn, so this was similar, but the pineapple salsa and extra pineapple was the bomb! Also, that salsa had a little smokiness to it (chipoltle) and I added some southwest chipoltle seasoning to bring that out some more and some hungarian paprika. Oh my goodness it was good! My salsa wasn't hot at all, so I added red pepper flakes, but I want more heat, so maybe a jalapeno or two next time. Sounds like your salsa had some heat. I am so glad I doubled it for leftovers soon! We had ours with cheese and cornbread, but sour cream (or greek yogurt) does sound yummy!

jomatho
05-13-2012, 08:55 AM
Krystal, :hug: I am so sorry that party was so disappointing. Sometimes family doesn't always live up to our expectations, been there. What a bummer. Maybe a good workout will help you blow off some steam.

Sum, so proud of you and your personal growth! You are rocking it this week between that and the weight loss! Can I live vicariously through you right now? I soooo want to be in weight loss mode and feeling the things you are feeling with the jeans and the pretty dress.

Alaskan, great job on all the good groceries. Sorry the pizza got the best of you, but today is a new day. It's a marathon, not a quick race. Use that extra fuel for a kick butt workout once your blister is healed!

Sum38
05-13-2012, 09:07 AM
Morning.

Holding steady at 146. It is sticking. Now do I dare to dream of 145 by next Friday?

Jo, I am so glad you liked it. It is one of our favorite meals right now as well. It has only 170-180 calories per cup. But tastes totally sinful.

Krystal I am so sorry about your party! Your BIL does not understand the love you poored into this event.

Where is Star?

I am supposed to have a spike day....I am scared to death!

ItsMyTurn
05-13-2012, 10:29 AM
Kristiina - SOOOO proud of you on the MIL front!!! I am here, just been so slammed busy that I have only been able to pop by for my inspirational reading :) Not only are you having personal growth, but to have all those compliments on the dress too??? That's a great week right there!

Krystal - I am so sorry for the way the party went. I laughed at who was thought to be your parents though; shows how young you look and how the "personality" can age others, :lol: Hope you have had a happy National Nurses Week :)

Jo - I love that you are discovering so much more now with the metabolism reset you are trying. How awesome to have discovered more even about behaviors you have gained :) I say walk, cause you are active anyway... just no huge cardio if that is what should be out.

Alaskan - You gotta stop channeling others, :lol:

For me - no loss this week, however no gain with TOM approaching either, so I will take it. My body all messed up, cause it's supposed to be a full week before I started this "constipation, bloat" crap... I am guessing since I am so anxious for my parents' arrival that it's throwing off my system? Still amazed no 2lb normal gain at this time though, so I will take it :) Parents will be here in 9 days, SSI has pulled DD16's benefits (so have to figure out what happened there), getting her set for dental appointment, 10 days and I go for my schooling paperwork appointment - lots of things on tap, but honestly almost all of them are good things, so been happy! Busy busy, but happy.

Happy Mother's Day!!!!

jomatho
05-13-2012, 11:02 AM
Morning.

Holding steady at 146. It is sticking. Now do I dare to dream of 145 by next Friday?

Jo, I am so glad you liked it. It is one of our favorite meals right now as well. It has only 170-180 calories per cup. But tastes totally sinful.

Krystal I am so sorry about your party! Your BIL does not understand the love you poored into this event.

Where is Star?

I am supposed to have a spike day....I am scared to death!

Dare to dream girl!!!
Not sure why mine came out to be a little over 200 cals, probably just the ingredients I selected from mfp. And that was before I added the tomato soup, I have to go back and add that in so it is right for next time. I divided the single recipe into 5, maybe you did 6? Anyhow, I could care less, it is low in calorie either way, and yummy.
Maybe just have a spike meal? It wouldn't get you up where you want to be calorie wise, but may serve as a little break. Or just skip it and try again next week ;) It is hard to Spike when you are on a roll, but remember it is supposed to keep things rolling, not stop them so don't worry if you do end up doing it.
Hope you have a great Mother's Day!

jomatho
05-13-2012, 11:04 AM
Happy Mother's Day to the baby Mommas and the furbaby Mommas of the group :grouphug:
Hope everyone has a great day!

alaskanlaughter
05-13-2012, 03:16 PM
good morning and happy mother's day!! :)

got to sleep in today because i got up early and settled younger son on the couch with cartoons lol...once i got up i cleaned the kitchen and swept the floors...need to do some laundry today and clean out the back room, because we're putting in another washer tomorrow

it even stopped raining! not exactly sunny but at least not pouring rain like it has for the last week! blister is huge but healing up faster than some of the other ones

Sum38
05-13-2012, 08:01 PM
I can't wait to get to maint!!!!! I will eat like a king :woohoo: my 2000 cal felt so MUCH.

jomatho
05-13-2012, 08:18 PM
I can't wait to get to maint!!!!! I will eat like a king :woohoo: my 2000 cal felt so MUCH.

Mmmm food!

alaskanlaughter
05-13-2012, 08:45 PM
i had to re-think the whole idea of eating over 2000 calories and upping it....i know that my body is sensitive to sugar, carbs and somewhat to dairy...i could be sensitive to more, as my mom was just diagnosed at age 71 with gluten sensitivity also

anyhow, i have to remind myself that i didnt lose 35 pounds and kept it off by eating over 2000 calories a day...i lost that by eating about 1400 a day and exercising regularly...i just have to keep on doing what i know has been working, and not look for ways to "upset the apple cart"

i KNOW i was eating over 2000 calories a day when i weighted 230...and i dont want to have an "experiment gone wrong" where i toss out my whole counting calories thing and gain right back to where i started

i think i'm just in a bit of diet fatigue and have to remind myself of HOW i got down to 195 and just keep at it

Sum38
05-14-2012, 06:55 AM
Up bright and early.

I feel bloated after yesterday. I am looking forward to a normal eating plan. But I did have a few skinny girl margaritas....about 4 1/2 oz of alcohol.

Weight 146.5 lbs
Plan for the day
Walk 5.5 miles + upper body toning
No bfast
Lunch
Mozzarella/tomato/basil salad
Snacks
Sunflower seeds and dark chocolate
Dinner
Pork tenderloin, 3 baby potatoes, asparagus and salad

Total calories 1200, I will add an evening snack based on cravings :D

ItsMyTurn
05-14-2012, 08:22 AM
Did double workout yesterday and enjoyed mother's day in the pool most of the day. Back to the real world today. I won't be home until late and work will be slammed, so will check in with you ladies tomorrow morning again :)

alaskanlaughter
05-14-2012, 01:43 PM
i had too much to eat this weekend...partly due to extra carbs and sweets, which set off cravings for more....i know i ate too much, i know for sure that my calories were much higher yesterday...today being back to work and gym helps with my eating routine alot...im tired, didnt sleep well, will try to sleep before i go to the gym this morning ughhh

Sum38
05-14-2012, 04:34 PM
Guess what girlies.... I have a baby waist :woohoo: :lol3:

I was such an apple, and then I turned into Sponge Bob and now I have a tiny weeny waist. It is there :D Makes me want to stay OP!!

I hope Krystal had safe travels.

K9Owner
05-14-2012, 09:33 PM
I am in Tahoe--safe and sound.
The weather is gorgeous. :sunny:
The views are breathtaking.
I am not weighing or really thinking about food too much this week.
I didn't bring my Polar, my Garmin, nor my Fuel Belts.
I wish I had all 3!!

Pics to come. I hope everyone is having a spectacular week!! :)

Sum38
05-15-2012, 08:30 AM
<<<---------- I changed my avi to remind me of my goal weight. I was between 125-130 pounds in that picture.

146 pounds for me. I was secretly hoping to see mid 40's.

jomatho
05-15-2012, 11:18 AM
Sum, I liked your post about your waist! That was so cute. You are doing awesome, don't let that scale get to you. It always took me a few days to get rid of the spike "gain".
Very busy yesterday and today, been out in the yard trying to get a handle on the weeds and shrubs and such. Will be time to open the pool soon and I want to get this stuff caught up. Track meet today too, those are sooooooo loooong!
Even if I am not posting, I am usually reading up to see what you guys are up to. You guys keep me going;)
Have a great day :wave:

alaskanlaughter
05-15-2012, 02:17 PM
please send any prayers you can spare...so very much family drama going on...i cant talk about it all here but ive just been crying all morning :( i ate 615 calories yesterday and exercised 230 of them away...i havent eaten and i havent hardly slept...i just cant deal with it or talk about it...please pray

K9Owner
05-15-2012, 03:34 PM
please send any prayers you can spare...so very much family drama going on...i cant talk about it all here but ive just been crying all morning :( i ate 615 calories yesterday and exercised 230 of them away...i havent eaten and i havent hardly slept...i just cant deal with it or talk about it...please pray

:hug: praying fervently for you. :hug:

K9Owner
05-15-2012, 03:38 PM
In a word: The internet service at this condo--BYTES!

I am having a great time here. It's a little too touristy for my liking, but the scenery makes up for that. I am missing my babs like crazy. Riv would have the time of her life here!!

I'm counting on MFP, but I'm not too concerned with caloric intake for the week. I am plenty busy & feel as though I am burning a few hundred per day. No lifting. I'll do that when I return.

Hope you all are having a great week.
:hug:

Sum38
05-15-2012, 04:01 PM
Alaskan :hug:

Krystal How is the weather?

Jo I got all my flowers planted, flower beds weeded and I just ordered mulch for Thursday. -- That will be a great workout, yay!

Sum38
05-16-2012, 08:16 AM
:woohoo: :woohoo: 144.5 lbs :woohoo: :woohoo:

I am very happy :sunny: These 40's are flying by :lol:

jomatho
05-16-2012, 08:25 AM
Alaskan :hug:

Krystal How is the weather?

Jo I got all my flowers planted, flower beds weeded and I just ordered mulch for Thursday. -- That will be a great workout, yay!

Sum, So far I have pulled out 2 bushes that needed to go, scrubbed off the back decking material that is under the porch area, weeded the front yard, pulled out and replanted 4 large hostas and several iris (that were still blooming, oh well), rehung the blinds on the back porch, hauled out 2 of the 3 hose reels, the last one I will have to replace, it was a self winder and it is broken, bummer. So basically I still have to weed the whole back fenced in area around the pool which is landscape galore and a lot of work. Trim all the bushes that need it and then decide what to do with the leaking pond. I am considering just pulling it out and being done with it, but still debating on whether I should reline it and give it one more shot. Either way it is a huge job. Oh, and I still have to haul out all the back porch furniture. THEN, there will be the pool on top of all that, ugh. Oh, and I don't even want to think about mulch! Glad I live in a cooler climate, I would not want all this work year round. DH can't help much right now, my oldest is injured and my youngest is busy finishing up the school year and running track, so I am pretty much on my own with all of this. DH suggested we hire a service to get it all done in a day, but I am not at that point yet. Kind of like a cleaning lady, why hire someone to do something I am capable of? I may cave eventually though. :dizzy: I just keep plugging away at it, trying not to think too much about the big picture.
Not sure what I will get done today, it rained pretty good last night and everything is wet right now. Are you starting mulch today?

Alaskan, :hug: hope things are settling down for you.

Star, :hug: so sorry about your furbaby, I hope you find him/her soon!

K9, Enjoy your day! :wave:

I just wanted to come one here and tell you guys maintenance is hard! I am learning so much through this process about timing of meals, how much I really need to be eating and how it all affects how I feel, what I weigh and all that.
I don't think IF would ever work for me at maintenance levels. No possible way to eat all of that food in smaller windows. I haven't really been trying to IF, but because I have been outside a lot, and it has been warm, I just haven't been as hungry or wanting to take breaks early on, and it is hard, hard, hard to eat enough later. I have to make sure I eat a substantial breakfast and stop for some sort of lunch or else I am stuffing myself later.
I am absolutely amazed by how much my lifts have increased by since eating more though. It takes a lot to impress myself, and I am really impressed:D.
This is really a practice in patience. I cannot wait to get to cut phase. I am trying to enjoy the process of being able to eat more and making muscles. I love lifting now. Before, I just did it because I knew I should, but now I just love it, I am getting stronger and I know I could actually be making a difference because I am eating enough. It is exciting and I can't wait to see some changes when I cut, but I must be patient and do the reset correctly.
So mentally I am struggling a little, but I will stay the course, this is a lifetime process/change for me and I don't plan to go back to what I was doing before. I will as they say "bulk and cut" my way to goal, whatever that may be now. I am seriously considering taking my weight goal off the table and just going by pants/measurements. I have already gotten rid of my ticker and smilies, that is just not where my head is at right now, I think I see the bigger picture now. It's all good.

jomatho
05-16-2012, 08:29 AM
:woohoo: :woohoo: 144.5 lbs :woohoo: :woohoo:

I am very happy :sunny: These 40's are flying by :lol:

:woohoo: :woohoo: :woohoo:

ItsMyTurn
05-16-2012, 08:35 AM
Alaskan - Prayers are being said for ya

Krystal - I bet that scenery is amazing. Been a long time since I have been to Tahoe and it was wonderful. Enjoy!!!!

Kristiina - Amazing job with the scale, so glad you two are getting along :) Sounds like you have been so busy in your yard!

Jo - Thank you so much, I am honestly such a mess! I want my boy home so badly! Sounds like you have been real busy too. Was happy to hear how your lifting improved with maintenance level calories. I have no doubt you are learning as much now as you did on the losing part!

As for me - not touching a scale until this is over and things stop being so stressed. I am 4 days constipated (super TMI, sorry), have been eating stuff I can grab on the go, and holding SOOO much water - my fingers are so swollen! We hung out 70 flyers last night, and today DH will be calling all shelters/rescues between Phoenix to Tucson just in case. I will be making up more flyers to put in neighboring housing developments. Positive thoughts our fur-baby comes back safe and sound - going nuts

Sum38
05-16-2012, 08:46 AM
Star I am so sorry that he is still missing!! I am sure someone took him in. :hug:

Sum38
05-16-2012, 08:48 AM
Jo Wow, you are busy. Are you wearing your body bugg whilst working on yard? -- Mulch coming tomorrow, all 12 yards. I am alone doing most of the yard work as well. I do have a lawn company though. We have 3/4 of acre of lawn...would take me hours to mow that. But weeding is now my job.

alaskanlaughter
05-16-2012, 03:39 PM
thanks everyone :) today is a better day, hope it stays that way

monday i ate 615 calories and exercised 240 of those away...yesterday i ate 1360 calories and didnt work out...today feels more like normal...scale said 193 this morning, still cant seem to hit 190...worked out with incline intervals, working towards being able to do higher inclines without using the handlebars on the treadmill, it's not my fitness level that makes it hard, it's my balance issues, i get super dizzy so i'm working on it minutes at a time

today i would do:
1 minute at 10% incline
1 minutes at 11%
1 minutes at 12%
etc up to 15% which is max incline
then i'd take a 2 minutes break walking at 15% holding onto handlebars, drop incline down to 10 and do it all over again

my heartrate was at 204 when i checked it at 50 minutes into my 60-minute workout...fun fun

jomatho
05-16-2012, 06:27 PM
thanks everyone :) today is a better day, hope it stays that way

monday i ate 615 calories and exercised 240 of those away...yesterday i ate 1360 calories and didnt work out...today feels more like normal...scale said 193 this morning, still cant seem to hit 190...worked out with incline intervals, working towards being able to do higher inclines without using the handlebars on the treadmill, it's not my fitness level that makes it hard, it's my balance issues, i get super dizzy so i'm working on it minutes at a time

today i would do:
1 minute at 10% incline
1 minutes at 11%
1 minutes at 12%
etc up to 15% which is max incline
then i'd take a 2 minutes break walking at 15% holding onto handlebars, drop incline down to 10 and do it all over again

my heartrate was at 204 when i checked it at 50 minutes into my 60-minute workout...fun fun

Not sure if that heart rate is accurate, but if so, that is too high. You MAX heart rate is 220 minus your age. I forget how old you are, but I know you are older than 16! You should try to work out no more than 80% of your max heart rate. 60% is ideal. Don't worry the extra calories are not much different if you slow it down, lower the treadmill and actually enjoy the process, you don't have to punish yourself, lol! I know you'd rather be running, but walking is good exercise, and you don't have to break speed records to do it (unless you are Kriistina :lol:).
I hope this comes across as concern and not rude. Just trying to be helpful.

ItsMyTurn
05-16-2012, 08:31 PM
My fur-baby is HOME!!!!

Sum38
05-16-2012, 10:09 PM
My fur-baby is HOME!!!!

:woohoo: Somehow I just kept thinking about him all day!! Where was he?

ItsMyTurn
05-17-2012, 12:53 AM
Kristiina - A guy who saw one of our MANY flyers (lol) called us to let us know his neighbor found him. He had been seen in the desert field by another, but when we went, he wasn't there. Unbeknown to us,he slipped under a gate to a backyard and when the owner got home, found his laying down with his big ol' Rottie, :rofl: I can just imagine how funny that looked, our lil 11lb baby laying next to that huge Rottie, :rofl: Somehow our little Punky managed to not get "gotten" by a coyote or anything!!! He has a bit of injury, but way better off then I expected... nothing seems broken, and no puncture wounds/cuts/abrasions that could get infected - so we will take it! He is safe and sound at home where he belongs :)

ItsMyTurn
05-17-2012, 12:57 AM
This is our lil bitty fur-baby. Just so you all can put a face to my panic the last 3 days, :lol:

jomatho
05-17-2012, 07:42 AM
This is our lil bitty fur-baby. Just so you all can put a face to my panic the last 3 days, :lol:

Awwww, I'm so happy for you. I really hope you can settle back into normal life now, whatever that is right??? :lol: :hug:to you!

jomatho
05-17-2012, 07:54 AM
Jo Wow, you are busy. Are you wearing your body bugg whilst working on yard? -- Mulch coming tomorrow, all 12 yards. I am alone doing most of the yard work as well. I do have a lawn company though. We have 3/4 of acre of lawn...would take me hours to mow that. But weeding is now my job.

Yes, I have been wearing my bodybugg this week to see what average I am coming in at for the week. My subscription is expired so as soon as it fills up with information, I will be done with it probably until fall. I just hate wearing it in the summer. I tried wearing it in my bra under my arm the other day but I don't think the readings were quite accurate, if I had to guess, but there is really no way of knowing. I can usually tell by my exertion what I am burning before I look though.
So I think you were asking that question, wondering what I am burning, well, I can tell you, not as much as I used to! This week has just reinforced that what I am doing with this hard reset is very important right now. All this work, I would have been burning at least 3400 calories a year or two ago. Now? About 2600-2800!!!!! Matter of fact, I used to have at least 2-3 days a week before that I was consistently over 3000, now I have days where I hope to get over 2000. So for the week I am averaging around 2485, which is ironically right where my TDEE puts me, but I know I am going above and beyond what I "normally" do, so that concerns me. Some of it has to do with the fact that I am lighter too, so I am trying not to freak out.

Interestingly, the last couple days, after my walks, my after burn is lasting much longer than it has been, and I ended up taking more of a rest day (after my walk) yesterday because I hadn't slept well and was just really fatigued and still burned close to 2600 calories for the day, so I think something is starting to happen with the old internal fires.

Sum38
05-17-2012, 08:44 AM
I ended up having a spike day. We had DH and I ate and socialized. Scale was at 146, up 1.5 pounds. Which I totally expected. -- Feels great to have such low weight after spike day. No more 150's :woohoo: I have no idea how much I ate in calories...I am guessing atleast 2500...well now that nuisance is out of the way :lol:

Star Aww, he is so cute!!

Jo So you are eating all those calories right now, right? -- Have you stepped on scale? -- I have sleep troubles as well. I keep waking up at 3 am almost each morning...I am exhausted at night, but I just can't seem to stay asleep. I have had sleep problems for years.

I have had a busy week, and my house shows it....today is house cleaning day and hopefully I will get to do little mulching as well.

alaskanlaughter
05-17-2012, 01:55 PM
so glad your little doggy is home!!

on the heartrate, it might not have been accurate...those handles on the treadmill are horrible at getting a good reading...it usually doesnt read my hands very well and gives a really low reading which i know isnt right...when i make the effort to though, it gives a true reading, like if i leave my hands in one place for 30 seconds or more so it can get a real reading...thats what i did when it came across as 204 yesterday, i was making an effort to get an accurate reading...but who knows, it might have just been wrong

alaskanlaughter
05-17-2012, 04:12 PM
i worked out again this morning, same routine as yesterday...im finding that when im working out HARD that the HR monitor wont give me anything at all in terms of reading, i think my hands might be too sweaty(?) im not sure

anyhow it gave me an accurate reading of 99 HR in the first couple minutes warming up, slow walking....it failed to give me a good reading during the workout itself...during my cooldown, i was able to get another good reading, it said 213 HR and then dropped quickly down to 199 and stayed there, dropping steadily downward as i slowly walked to cool down

guacamole
05-17-2012, 04:22 PM
Hi, everyone! Just popping in after a reminder from Sum38 (thanks!)! Glad to see everyone still doing their thing and moving forward! I am staying on track this week, although I didn't get in the exercise I had planned on due to sick kids at home. However, I still managed to see a 1lb drop in the scale after many weeks of standing still! Let's hope I can keep it off and send a friend along with it!

ItsMyTurn
05-17-2012, 09:50 PM
Jo - Normal??? Ummm...sure :) Sounds good, doesn't it? Let's see. Today while at work, my nutritionist came by for an appointment with me, got a great report :) YAY! Punky is acting back to normal, playing with our other fur-boy and being himself again. DH started a big cleaning on the house cause my parents are flying in 9pm Tuesday night, and then Wednesday I meet with enrollment counselor to fill out paperwork for registration and loan, get my class schedule, and officially full time in college will be added to my daily stuff. Oh...and got "form rejection" emails to 2 positions I applied for internally at work, and today my supervisor put in a word for me in another department for an opening I JUST applied for :) Also looking externally, but prefer internal so I can get 80% tuition reimbursement for school. Oh...and getting Amber prepped for her knee replacement surgery, arguing with SSI (they are trying to say she doesn't qualify for it anymore... bs) so we don't lose that insurance cause it will pay what my work insurance won't. :) There...that pretty much sums up "normal", LOL!
Great job on your new plan. Are you nervous to weigh? The calories must feel good.

Kristiina - Thank you :) Our fur-boys are as much our children as the human ones are, so I am biased, but think they are adorable. Sounds like you and DH had fun! I am so glad you are seeing the dip stay out of 150's now! :dance:

Alaskan - Thank you so much! Relieved to have him back. Those are some radical HR measurements...seem REALLY high when you go intensity.

ItsMyTurn
05-17-2012, 09:51 PM
guacamole - Sorry... didn't forget ya :) :wave: Hi!!!!!! Sorry to hear of the sick kiddos, but great job taking off a pound!!!!

alaskanlaughter
05-18-2012, 03:06 AM
my willpower has been stronger this week...its weird LOL

two days ago there was CAKE in the staff lounge, a nice big chocolate cake, when i walked in there...but i didnt eat it, not a lick or nibble...and i didnt go back in the staff lounge for the rest of the day because i wasnt sure i could continue to resist

my bribe to myself was that on thursday (today) i would have a piece of the baby shower cake that i knew was happening at school...and then today i wasnt able to actually go to the baby shower because i was the only staff person in my program for the afternoon (yes, just me, with 18 students)....one of my friends knew i was missing it and she brought me a piece of cake...and i ate the whole piece...and savored it...and logged it in my calories for the day and DID NOT go later to get any more of it LOL

and tonight when DH wanted ice cream, i went to the store and brought home one thing for him and one for teenager and DID NOT buy any for myself and havent eaten any of theirs....i know the difference between thirsty and wanting sugar, at least for tonight, and am filling up on low-calorie gatorade which tastes awesome because i think i'm a bit dehydrated

K9Owner
05-18-2012, 03:38 AM
I'm here, just with alot of lousy internet connections.
I promise to give a full report when I get home.
I am exhausted from a 6 hr drive (that should have taken 4) from San Francisco. I may never visit that city again....waaaay too much wind & waaaaay to frigid for me there.
However, I LOVED Napa Valley :cheers:

I hope you are all doing well this week. I have probably gained 6 lbs. I have walked a ton.

Hey, and all the complaining I did about the hills in Nashville for the 1/2 Mary...at least it wasn't in San Fran!! :lol:
No Friggin Way!! Seriously, the hills were 90 degrees!

More later. I'm wiped out! :faint:

jomatho
05-18-2012, 12:10 PM
Jo - Normal??? Ummm...sure :) Sounds good, doesn't it? Let's see. Today while at work, my nutritionist came by for an appointment with me, got a great report :) YAY! Punky is acting back to normal, playing with our other fur-boy and being himself again. DH started a big cleaning on the house cause my parents are flying in 9pm Tuesday night, and then Wednesday I meet with enrollment counselor to fill out paperwork for registration and loan, get my class schedule, and officially full time in college will be added to my daily stuff. Oh...and got "form rejection" emails to 2 positions I applied for internally at work, and today my supervisor put in a word for me in another department for an opening I JUST applied for :) Also looking externally, but prefer internal so I can get 80% tuition reimbursement for school. Oh...and getting Amber prepped for her knee replacement surgery, arguing with SSI (they are trying to say she doesn't qualify for it anymore... bs) so we don't lose that insurance cause it will pay what my work insurance won't. :) There...that pretty much sums up "normal", LOL!
Great job on your new plan. Are you nervous to weigh? The calories must feel good.

I call that "jumping through hoops". I am doing that this week in preparation for my DS shoulder surgery next Friday.
I feel like I am always jumping through hoops, especially when dealing with medical or insurance issues.
As far as weighing, I have still been weighing in daily. I am up a few pounds, but that is to be expected. My focus right now is eating for fuel and lifting to build muscle. I really could care less what the scale says. Did I say that? :lol: I want to make changes with my body, not just be "lighter" Does that make sense? If I had to choose 170 with a great physique or 150 and flabby, I would take the 170 in a heartbeat. I am on a mission and it feels great! The only reason I am still weighing right now is because I want to see if what I am eating is helping me maintain. If I lose, I need to eat more, if I gain more than a pound or two, I need to eat a little less. Once I know I am on the right path, I will probably weigh less and less.

alaskanlaughter
05-18-2012, 04:15 PM
for some reason i seem to have a reaction to allergy medications ONLY when i work out...it's so weird...i very rarely take allergy meds because i just dont need them

back in january, i was taking Sudafed for an ear infection (per doctor's orders)...i broke out in big itchy raised bumps all over my body during a workout...i quit taking the sudafed and it stopped...i took sudafed a couple times a week or so later and didnt react to it

today i took a different type of sudafed due to seasonal allergies, as well as Bayer for muscle aches this morning....during my workout i broke out in those same big splotchy itchy raised bumps and when i undressed at home my whole body had them all over...

but i dont react like that all the time...even when i take the same meds...so im not sure what's up with that...

so anyhow i cleaned up and am dressed for work and i know the bumps will subside during the day...weird though...

ItsMyTurn
05-18-2012, 05:29 PM
Jo - totally understand! As far as your plan, I am with you. Being toned and looking better physically is higher on my priority list then being less weight. With improved physique comes improved health and benefits :) You go girl!!!

Alaskan - Maybe a metabolism related thing with the meds?

jomatho
05-18-2012, 06:07 PM
for some reason i seem to have a reaction to allergy medications ONLY when i work out...it's so weird...i very rarely take allergy meds because i just dont need them

back in january, i was taking Sudafed for an ear infection (per doctor's orders)...i broke out in big itchy raised bumps all over my body during a workout...i quit taking the sudafed and it stopped...i took sudafed a couple times a week or so later and didnt react to it

today i took a different type of sudafed due to seasonal allergies, as well as Bayer for muscle aches this morning....during my workout i broke out in those same big splotchy itchy raised bumps and when i undressed at home my whole body had them all over...

but i dont react like that all the time...even when i take the same meds...so im not sure what's up with that...

so anyhow i cleaned up and am dressed for work and i know the bumps will subside during the day...weird though...

That is strange isn't it? Maybe you are allergic to sudafed in your sweat! :lol: My DS went through a phase where he was getting hives on his back every so often and we could not figure out what was causing them. We never did figure it out and he doesn't get them anymore :shrug: It was sort of like what came first, the hives or the scratching because he would get the hives right along his scratch marks on his back, but he couldn't stop itching and that would create more hives :dizzy: It was pure weirdness.

jomatho
05-18-2012, 06:09 PM
Where's Sum today? I miss your cheerful post gf! Hope all is well in skinnyville! :lol:
Or should I say "waist" land? :lol3:

K9Owner
05-19-2012, 02:25 PM
Last full day for me in Tahoe!
I'm going to need a holiday from my holiday!! :faint:

alaskanlaughter
05-19-2012, 07:28 PM
went way over my calories yesterday...had an amazing pint of ice cream and loved every bite...have been eating WAY low calories today somewhat to make up from it...also it's a workout rest day so my body isnt wanting more food or protein or anything

NSV? the motorcycle helmet chin strap is too loose for me even on the tightest setting...also the jeans that i used to wear can button and zip pretty easily now...i wont ever wear them because my hips etc changed with pregnancy but still....

rode a motorcycle for the first time last night...loved it! went for another ride today, riding behind DH, i dont know how to drive one

K9Owner
05-20-2012, 11:16 AM
I'm up early this a.m. packing for the return trip.
Yesterday was the most fun day here!
DH and I had a couples massage w/a paraffin wax foot treatment, a chocolate body scrub, followed by a 1 hr deep tissue massage. We sipped champagne while eating a triple layer chocolate mousse cake (which I found good actually)...all while overlooking gorgeous Lake Tahoe!
Afterwards, we rented a bike and road for about 3 hours, checked out a public beach, had a picnic, then went to the most gorgeous waterfall, & even saw a HUGE bear!! :yikes: It walked right out in front of my car--just a couple hundred feet in front of me! I wasn't quick enough for a photo :tantrum:

I'm ready to see my babs, but not looking forward to this flight home!

Talk to you all really soon :)

ItsMyTurn
05-20-2012, 11:50 AM
Krystal - the massage sounds incredible

Jo - Hope you are having a good weekend

Krtistiina - :wave: Hi! Hope your weekend is going good

Alaskan - Some great NSVs! Did you enjoy riding?

Sum38
05-20-2012, 11:58 AM
Ladies... I have been soooo busy. There has not been enough time in a day. Thank goodness baseball ends on Tuesday and Fedball does not start until 10 days later.

I am PMS:ing in big time. Weight is up, 147 :( Oh well.

I just wanted to say "hi" :wave:. BBL.

alaskanlaughter
05-20-2012, 11:49 PM
ive read good things about vitamin D supplements for weight loss...reading that people are deficient who live in cloudy, rainy climates (like myself) and ive read that weight loss is a side benefit of finally taking in enough vitamin D...has anyone else heard of this?

jomatho
05-21-2012, 09:51 AM
I too am super busy, and this week will be worse. I just updated my calendar with all the things I need to do each day this week so I don't forget something.
Last track meet tomorrow (last practice today) and then once we get past this surgery on Fri I hope thing settle down a little.
I didn't track food yesterday and that made me a little uneasy. Not only is it easy to overeat, but it is easy to undereat too and I guess that is the last thing you want to do during a reset.
I have been going gung ho out in the yard. Almost ready to tackle the pool opening.

Alaskan, I talked about lots of info on vitamin D a few threads back, when Deb was still with us, just before she went on vacation. Yes, weight gain is one side effect of not enough D. I have been supplementing since Jan, but haven't noticed that it helps or hinders.

Sum38
05-21-2012, 12:49 PM
I did not track food for days, I simply did not have the time. And it makes a huge difference... Now I am bloated and feel yucky for the grab and go choices I made. -- I also learned that I can not eat corn products; I have suspected it. I had tacos on Saturday and bloated up like a little pig. -- Scale was 148.5 today...now I need to fight off PMS bloat and tortilla bloat UGH!

Sum38
05-21-2012, 12:52 PM
^^^^
How is that for a cheery post Jo? :lol3:

ETA: Oh how I hate PMS :mad: I was even snapping at my poor dog this am when she was not walking on leash perfectly. She NEVER gets yelled at by me. She is the baby. P is probably so happy that he was able to flee the mad cow this week...:lol:

jomatho
05-21-2012, 02:12 PM
Right there with ya! Bloated, cranky, too much going on to take care of me. I was just stopping for some lunch and almost had myself talked out of my workout today, but I caught myself, wth?
I got really good sleeps the last two nights, so I hope that covers the rest of the week :lol:

K9Owner
05-21-2012, 02:31 PM
Add me to the cranky list!
I have been snappy according to DH for the last 4 days, but I think it is just his perception.
I am home & have a ton of work to do.
I am around the same weight as last week before Tahoe.

144.8 this a.m. WITH TOM!
I'm ready to start the weights, but I now have no clue where to start.
I was so motivated before the race to get started on this plan & now that it's time to start, I don't know where to begin :dz:

I am in a super bad mood today. I went to bed this way and woke up this way.
I feel as though I may be in good company.

Alaskan: I have heard that as well about Vit D, but I don't take it. I try my best to be in the sun as much as possible.

Sum38
05-21-2012, 09:01 PM
We are so wonderful :love: our poor husbands!!

Krystal, I wanna hear about your vacation!!

I did 3 planks today; 1 minute each...THEY SUCK!

alaskanlaughter
05-22-2012, 01:13 AM
i had far more sugar and calories than i really should have had this weekend, including friday night...im back on track today, back in my routine, ending the day at 1590 calories (possibly a little more if i mis-measured the rice) and spent 240 calories in a workout (possibly more but thats what the treadmill said)

VENT!!!! so there's this neighbor girl down the street that likes to come over...she's 4th grade but clearly operates at a younger age because she likes to play with my 6 year old...i want to be welcoming and provide a stable place for her to play...she lives with her very old grandmother and has no contact with her parents, who do not raise her or live here...she lives in a big house and goes to a private religious school in town...but this girl Drives Me Nuts!! it's like work having her over here because i constantly have to supervise her

ive had many kids over at my house and have done home childcare by myself during the summer months...ive had children over with autism, ADHD and early developmental delays...and this girl requires more supervision than that

she does very quiet, sneaky things or just random things that i have to keep telling her to stop doing...one time she was messing around with the controls to the automatic hydraulic chair that we keep for grandma in the house (lifts her out of it) and i told her to stop Over And Over and she wouldn't until i unplugged the darn thing and THEN she got very quietly mad at me and when i wasnt looking, she erased all our data off the kids' Wii system

ive caught her tearing apart the wooden cover to the sandbox...she throws toys all over the yard for the puppy and nearly knocked over our new plants this afternoon with it...she changes the TV channels when i leave the room...she bothers the puppy and WILL NOT STOP when i tell her to unless i get very stern with her about it...today i caught her just standing by our new dirt/seeds boxes, randomly removing clumps of dirt with her hands, where i had JUST planted the seeds last night...i have no idea how many seeds she disturbed with that...i once caught her banging on our fuel tank with a big metal piece of something (no clue where she got it), caught her trying to take apart the fence gate that separates front and back yard...caught her banging on the bbq grill on the back deck, taking it apart and shoving a toy Elmo inside it...

WTH??? DH really likes this little girl, he sees in her the same abandoned native alaskan children who he grew up with...and i try to be nice to her and let her play but OMG i have to supervise her All The Time...

Sum38
05-22-2012, 08:55 AM
Alaskan, she is old enough to follow "house rules" I would give her a "time out"....say since u
You don't respect our house rules you can not visit us for three days. Yup I am a tough mama.

Sum38
05-22-2012, 08:58 AM
Pre TOM week continues....147 lbs for me....up 2 pounds from Friday. I feel starving today...I slept like poop...I was up 4am....I had just fallen back to sleep when alarm whent off at 6 am. I can't wait for summer....and hate to say this, but since P travels so much, I won't be woken up if I fall back to sleep :D

Be back later for personals....hopefully today, kinda crazy day ahead. I am on iPad and it is so UN user friendly.

ItsMyTurn
05-22-2012, 08:59 AM
Krystal, Jo, Kristiina - TOM for me too and no ADHD meds for over a week... you all wanna talk about cranky-pants??? :lol:

Kristiina - I have no doubt that tortilla will leave ya :)

Krystal - I hope you wake in a better mood today :) :hug:

Alaskan - the girl is in your house, treat her as yours - that means discipline along with attention... time-out her butt! :)

I will be on vacation (staycation) after I get through work today. Parents fly in tonight, and I probably will be away from the boards for the most part for the week. Don't worry though, I won't have gone far.. promise :D Excessive heat warning today, 110 is what they are predicting... what great temps for my parents to fly into from MAINE! :rofl: Climate-shock!

We have SOOO many changes coming up and I am all nerves about them, but excited too. I go tomorrow to fill out schooling paperwork (loan, registration, get class schedule, etc). So I will be f/t work, f/t schooling, and mom and wife.. I can do this. Then once DD16 has her knee replacement, DH is going to trucking school and going to work off the tuition amount for at least a year with employment with the company - which means he will be gone 28 days at a time, home for 2, gone 28, home 2, etc.... so add in taking the kids to their appts, etc along with the rest of my schedule... ummmmmm.... I can do it? :lol: Drastic times call for drastic measures though, and we are there. I am not even sure I will notice he isn't here as busy as I will be, :rofl:

Happy Tuesday all!!!! Have a super day! Hugs to all my cranky-pants buddies!

jomatho
05-22-2012, 10:20 AM
Ugh.
I have a service technician coming today to figure out why my built in microwave is turning on when you just shut the door and of course the service "window" is 1:00-3:00
I am supposed to meet DH (30 minutes away) at 2:00 to meet the medical equipment guy to learn how to apply DS shoulder immobilizer and cooling unit in preparation for his surgery
And the track meet today is earlier than usual due to it being a conference meet and supposed to start at 3:30 instead of 4 and it is about 30 minutes from where I will be meeting DH.
Damn service people. If I ever run a service company, the customer will get to pick the time or window that is convenient for them!
Why does everything always happen at the same time?
Okay rant over.
Grumble, grumble, grumble.
Oh, and for some reason I am holding onto water like it is going out of style this month. My fingers are swollen along with my feet, although they don't look as bad as last night. Not sure if it is sodium, TOM, the heat I have been working in or what. I have not dared the scale in two days. I haven't swollen up like this in a long time. It sux!

alaskanlaughter
05-22-2012, 03:56 PM
Alaskan, she is old enough to follow "house rules" I would give her a "time out"....say since u
You don't respect our house rules you can not visit us for three days. Yup I am a tough mama.

i dont think she MEANS to be acting like that...i truly think she has FASD and also very few boundaries...i do think she does some things when she gets mad, like messing up our Wii system...i didnt let her play the Wii for a long time and will NEVER let her play on my iPhone although DH lets her play on his iPhone...she doesnt get mad at DH but he also doesnt get on her much...she gets mad at me, probably because i always catch her doing stuff

today is my birthday!! i am 35 but i'm still claiming 27 LOL

DH and kids gave me cards this morning :) little son would like to bake me cupcakes tonight so him and DH will probably bake, or perhaps i'll help him do that...maybe later we'll go for a motorcycle ride once the kids are in bed

had a nice workout...am aiming for 4 days this week because we leave friday to go camping all weekend out on an island

a whole island all to ourselves (well, us and all the cousins and their kids, but we're all together)...taking BIL's skiff out there, a whole weekend of campfires and playing on the beaches, crab potting out in the ocean, fresh crab at night over the campfire...is always fun to go out there

K9Owner
05-23-2012, 12:16 AM
Star: That schedule sounds very busy. I know you can do it. You are very motivated and focused!

Alaskan: You have more patience than I do with children. That child would never be allowed to step foot inside my door. I have no tolerance for disobedient children, esp when they are old enough to understand right from wrong.

Jo: Why was everyone scheduled at the same time? There is no way I could have to committed to all of those things at the same time.

Kristiina: You know those measly pounds will fall back off once you ovulate. Try not to sweat it too much.

AFM: I'm in the worst mood ever! UGH!
My nephew spent the day with me--the 7 yr old, who is a baseball junky.
We played tennis today together--yeah, that was fun.
I kept having to remind him it wasn't a baseball and the racket was NOT a bat! After hitting it over the fence 4 times and having to go retrieve it, he finally got the clue! :lol:
We had fun though. When I asked him if he wanted to play on the playground before we left, he replied: "Aunt K, the playground is for little kids. I'm too big to play on that." Wellllll.....excuse me!! When did 7 become an adult? Whatever...
He has been wanting to spend the night w/me for weeks, so tonight I allowed him too :)
Not sure what tomorrow will bring for us, but we'll take my babs to the park first, then start our day!
Have a great night!

Sum38
05-23-2012, 12:28 AM
Hello Cranky Pants!

Tonight marked my last insane day for awhile (10 days :woohoo:) I literally met the definition as "full time mom" today. I was at high school for 8 1/2 hours. DS had a double header and DD had her last concert. -- DD is b1tchy as well, and she called me a bad mom because I only gave her 1/2 an hour after the concert to hang out with friends. It was 10:35 pm :lol: Her and I have the same cycle and her PMS is insane this month. Us women...hehe

I am fu*king sore. My abs are killing me!!! I guess my ab attack is working.

Sending :dust: AND :grouphug: to everyone....

Sum38
05-23-2012, 12:32 AM
I just realized there are 1,466 views on this thread :eek: -- Please jump in lurkers

alaskanlaughter
05-23-2012, 02:01 AM
i did as good as could be managed today in terms of eating...we went to dinner tonight...i had 690 calories prior to dinner and burned 240 of those (at least) in exercise...at dinner i had:

2 enchiladas rancheros - 450 calories (best estimate based on googling)
bites of rice - 100
bites of beans - 100 (and i mean bites literally, hardly any of both)
few veggies and dip - 50
bite of peanut butter - 50
half of a mudpie dessert - 200 (i eyeballed it and am guessing at teh calories, i didnt have much, it wasnt too big)

so i guess i ended at 1640 and burned 240 in exercise...which isnt too bad...im not sure about the dinner calories but it's the best that i could get from watching my portions and googling the info

alaskanlaughter
05-23-2012, 02:06 AM
and speaking of growing older (it IS my birthday after all)....

my Old Faithful iMac at work finally crashed and burned today :( luckily the techs were able to get all the data off of it...i had stuff on there from 04-05 school years and on forward

AND my younger son got his first loose tooth today

AND my teenager is starting to show some facial hair today

OMG(!) i swear time is speeding up *cry* and i'm only just turned 35:dizzy:

jomatho
05-23-2012, 08:08 AM
Alaskan, sorry I didn't get back on yesterday but,
:bday2you:
I hope you had a great day!

Krystal, I did not schedule everything on top of each other, it is just the way it all played out. You know, the best of intentions. The service guy ended up coming early, thank goodness, I was able to meet the rep to learn about the shoulder cooling unit for DS and got to the track meet just as it started.
Glad you had a great trip. I followed it on mfp and here, it sounded wonderful. What was your favorite part?
As for the weight lifting, what were you doing before you stopped? I say just jump in where you left off, you were really enjoying that and getting amazing results. Don't worry about following a program or anything, you are too much of a free spirit, like Nike says, just do it.

Sum, Glad you are getting some free time coming up. When is school out for you guys? We go through June 6th and I have a feeling even though track is done now, we will still be busy up until then. Awards, banquets, dances, parties trips to Cedar Point, Exams, all that kind of jazz :dizzy:.

Star, :wave: hi there! I bet you are super excited your parents are in town!!! Have a great time with them.

As for me, the same p-m-issy ness going on. Hehe, actually I have not been as sassy as usual, but my physical symptoms are worse, oh the bloating.

Heading out for a walk this morning, we have not walked since last Thursday, my friend has been out of town.
The rest of the morning/early afternoon I will probably be out in the yard. I ended up pulling the leaking pond out instead of trying to line it. I was sick of dealing with it anyways. Now, I filled in and was going to level the area but found out there is an old tree stump right under where the waterfall part was! So I am going to make a fountain out of the ponds pump parts and a couple of old flower pots and that will sit on top of where the stump is hidden but a little higher. I have to get about 10-15 bags topsoil to amend and fill in the area, and then figure out what to plant in the space.
Then, I have to get DS to an appointment at 3:30 and tonight there is (wait for it) NOTHING on any of our schedules. A-ma-zing!
What should I make for dinner????????????????

Sum38
05-23-2012, 08:26 AM
Jo you must feel like crying. I did yesterday... I can't believe that I have only dr. appointment for my son today and evening off. We go till the 15th of June. K is done on the 12th, but C has to go till that Friday....and yup for "Awards, banquets, dances, parties trips to Cedar Point, Exams, all that kind of jazz " Seniors are loaded with stuff.

Star I don't know you do it!! :hug: You are simply amazing!!

Sum38
05-23-2012, 09:29 AM
Oh my goodness, 145.5 this am RIGHT BEFORE TOM!! Holy Cow...now my bad mood lifted :dance: -- My abs are sore from Monday... I will do planks, bicycle and a few other core training exercises today again, it will be HARD...:lol:

Sum38
05-23-2012, 10:22 AM
Jo Dinner... Grilled Italian sausage with peppers and onions with red sauce served on optional pasta or...

8 (4 ounce) links fresh Italian sausage
1 (26 ounce) jar spaghetti sauce
1 green bell pepper, seeded and sliced into strips
1 onion, sliced

6 hoagie rolls, split lengthwise (optional)

Directions

Place the Italian sausage links, spaghetti sauce, green pepper and onion into a slow cooker. Stir to coat everything in sauce.
Cover, and cook on Low for 6 hours. Serve on hoagie rolls.

I like them off the grill, sometimes slow cooker makes them grainy. BUT this is my busy night meal. I can throw it in around noon, when I am not "that busy" and by six it is all set to go.

Does your family like mac'n'cheese? I have the MOST amazing recipe for that. Not waist friendly, but loaded with carbs for active boys.

K9Owner
05-23-2012, 11:51 AM
Hi ladies, I'm enjoying reading all of your posts!

:balloons: Happy Birthday, Alaskan :balloons:

alaskanlaughter
05-23-2012, 02:36 PM
good morning :) i have another super bad blister :( because yesterday's workout wore a hole in another sock..ughh...and its right on top of the blister that was healing from a few weeks ago, right on the ball of my foot where i walk...i bandaged it up and put moleskin over it just so i could step on it to work out this morning...and then i only did 30 minutes instead of 60 because of it...HURT bad :( i got all my incline hills done in 30 minutes instead of stretching it into 60 minutes...2 miles total distance

and i worked out earlier this morning than usual because now i have to clean up, grab a coffee and go find my son's class at the beach...and by "beach" i mean miles upon miles of rocky beaches, rainforest and little roads somewhere past town....this should be fun :) hope i dont run into any bears!!

Sum38
05-23-2012, 10:28 PM
I hope you had a nice birthday Alaskan.

I just ordered http://www.amazon.com/The-New-Rules-Lifting-Women/dp/1583332944 Jo or Krystal did you follow it?

K9Owner
05-23-2012, 11:47 PM

I just ordered http://www.amazon.com/The-New-Rules-Lifting-Women/dp/1583332944 Jo or Krystal did you follow it?

Yep, I do the lifts, but the routines were to difficult for this blondie to follow :dizzy:

jomatho
05-24-2012, 07:56 AM

I got about 4 weeks into it before I broke my tailbone. I debated doing that or another program I have and I am doing the other one right now. I don't have a barbell set at home (yet) so I am limited to my free weights and machine, so I think I would need a barbell set to do well with that program.
I think the reason I didn't go back to it was it was just a smidge slow-going and boring to me. It is the same lifts over and over and over again. And many of the exercises require a barbell. I was using free weights to sub out, but it gets to a point to where the free weights are too heavy on the shoulders (when doing leg work) The other one I am doing mixes things up a little more and has more options with the machine and free wts.
I will do NROLFW again one of these days, I am not counting it out. The cycle I am doing with this program is 6 weeks, I am in the middle of week 4. Not sure I could jump into New rules at week one though now, hmmmm.
I have a link to some spreadsheets that make it really easy to follow as compared to how the book lays it out. Remind me when you get your book to get you that link.
I am so happy you are lifting! I gotta tell you (guys), I have done an about face from a cardio addict to a weight lifting fiend! I love it. I hope you enjoy it.
I did find myself daydreaming about running yesterday though when I heard a really good beat in a song :lol:. I may have to lace up the runners one of these days.

jomatho
05-24-2012, 08:06 AM
Busy day here again today.
Walk
Weights
Groceries
Catch up on whatever needs it the most, probably toilets and laundry
Dinner
Then the rest of the night it will be getting one DS ready for surgery and the other DS ready for Cedar Point.
It will be an early morning tomorrow. We have to get DS over to catch the bus at school by 5:30. We don't have a surgery time yet, but have 1 1/2 hour drive to get there, so I am sure we will be leaving shortly after that to take him. I will feel better when they call for a surgery time so I can get my plans in my head. I hate not knowing exactly what I am doing for something like that.
I will be glad when tomorrow is over :(!

jomatho
05-24-2012, 08:13 AM
Jo Dinner... Grilled Italian sausage with peppers and onions with red sauce served on optional pasta or...

8 (4 ounce) links fresh Italian sausage
1 (26 ounce) jar spaghetti sauce
1 green bell pepper, seeded and sliced into strips
1 onion, sliced

6 hoagie rolls, split lengthwise (optional)

Directions

Place the Italian sausage links, spaghetti sauce, green pepper and onion into a slow cooker. Stir to coat everything in sauce.
Cover, and cook on Low for 6 hours. Serve on hoagie rolls.

I like them off the grill, sometimes slow cooker makes them grainy. BUT this is my busy night meal. I can throw it in around noon, when I am not "that busy" and by six it is all set to go.

Does your family like mac'n'cheese? I have the MOST amazing recipe for that. Not waist friendly, but loaded with carbs for active boys.

Yum! I will keep this one and give it a try.
Yes and no on the mac and cheese. One loves homemade and the other likes boxed :lol: I would love the recipe though if you get a chance.

I am getting to the point where I have to do another freezer cooking session. Most of my go to meals are getting slim. It is mostly just meats and marinated stuff left in there.

I am going to try a lasagna that you assemble in an ice cream bucket (empty of course), freeze, and then pop out of that frozen to put in your crock pot all day on low. I will try one recipe and if it works, then I will play around with variations and make a couple to have for quick meals. I only have two empty buckets right now, I may have to eat some ice cream to get one or two more if it works :lol:

Sum38
05-24-2012, 01:23 PM
Jo
Good info. We have barbell and loads of weights. -- I was reading about the spreadsheets and what a pain it is at first, therefore if you have it handy I would love to have it. I will spend you a pm with my email addy :hug:

P just sent me a pdf "New Rules of lifting for abs". If anyone wants it I can forward it to you.

It is getting HOT :sunny: I took my 5.5 mile walk and I was only able to keep 4.0 mph speed and I was huffing. -- TOM is late, I think, I got a new phone and I lost my TOM app. I thought I was supposed to start yesterday. Jo are we on this week or next week? :lol: I am holding steady at 145.5 lbs, unbelievable.... I am still giddy with excitement what the scale will show after tom....

What are you plans for the weekend ladies? -- We are meeting some friends on Friday, a Finnish friend is visiting us on Saturday and my gorgeous Dutch friend with her family is coming over for BBQ on Monday ( This woman is 6 foot tall, blonde, skinny and super pretty; If I did not love as much as I do I would have to hate her :lol). So it is going to be a busy weekend. C also is starting his baseball training with his fed team... Busy, busy!

Jo Good luck with you son :hug:. Wave when you go past Joslyn or Lapeer exit ;)

Stay sexy my friends!:D

K9Owner
05-24-2012, 03:21 PM
Hi All :wave:
Quick check in for me today.
I didn't weigh again today. I'm doing so well. :carrot:
One less thing to be a slave to, right??

I work tomorrow night. I'm supposed to go canoeing Sunday/Monday. We'll see. It's supposed to be w/my parents, my niece & her BF, & a couple of their friends. I'm not really sure if I want to entertain that or not. Actually, I know I don't, but I may be forced to do it anyway :tantrum:

The kiddos are out for school and the pool is OPEN!! :sunny:
Still a bit to chilly for me to get in.

Tennis later today for me :crossed: my friend makes it!!
Still no :wl: , but I'll get there. Who knows, maybe tonight! Not counting on that one though. I'm too busy w/my K9s and life!

Happy Day!! :flow1:

Sum38
05-25-2012, 09:29 AM
Thinking of you Jo today! :love:

Sum38
05-25-2012, 05:28 PM
Have a happy weekend! I am off to a pool party....oh how I wished I was 125 pounds. :D
My DH is looking amazing :drool: he has worked out and ran whilst out of town. He maybe nearing 45 but oh boy, he is looking good with his abs and shoulder muscles :lol: he is quite tall, we went shopping today for work clothes for him, and he is looking really good for work...maybe too good...hmmmm...he works out of town with those cute consulting girls....hehe...lucky for me because he feels I am his ultra babe :love:

So any case off to a pool party. I will wear a cover up, my hubby will flaunt his abs :lol3:

K9Owner
05-25-2012, 07:56 PM
Work for me!
Hope everyone has a terrific weekend!

:) Happi Friday!

Sum38
05-27-2012, 09:56 AM
Happy Sunday.
144 pounds for me :woohoo: and no TOM yet. I think I will indeed meet my 139.9 pound goal for K's grad date. - 4 pounds from normal BMI. Once TOM gets here, I may see 142 :eek: by Friday!

K9Owner
05-27-2012, 10:44 AM
Happy Sunday.
144 pounds for me :woohoo: and no TOM yet. I think I will indeed meet my 139.9 pound goal for K's grad date. - 4 pounds from normal BMI. Once TOM gets here, I may see 142 :eek: by Friday!

:carrot:
Yaaa Kristiina!!
WTG ;)

alaskanlaughter
05-28-2012, 01:28 AM
i am home from our camping trip...it was a fun trip but exhausting and it was cold, wet and windy the entire time...temps about 52 during the day and 45 during the night...poured rain during the nighttimes and part of yesterday...winds gusting too strong to even take the skiff out...we were out on an island about 2 miles away from shore out in the ocean...all of us cousins and our kids stayed on the little island, all to ourselves, for the weekend and the rest of them will be out there until next week as well...but we were just far too cold to stay out and plus have things to do tomorrow at home anyhow

krystal i'll put some pics on facebook of our alaskan vacation LOL it looked like a redneck camp with tarps strung between huge old-growth spruce trees, every tent had a tarp on the ground underneath and a tarp strung between trees overhead...had to use rakes to knock out all the undergrowth in the area in order to have paths to walk on...had a huge campfire the first night that also lit part of one of those old trees on fire...oops...and then it poured rain and was so windy that our tarps almost took off like kites LOL

but other than that it was a good trip...lots of good food, hanging out with everyone, sitting around the campfire...shooting off fireworks, someone had an assault rifle to shoot....was lots of fun

but i am SO GLAD to be home, brush my teeth, take a shower and cook some food up...i hope like h*ll that i dont get sick from being wet and cold all weekend....

i took my food log and from my best estimates, friday was about 1300 calories, saturday was about 1400 but i think i left some food out by mistake, and today is about 1800 so far

K9Owner
05-28-2012, 01:13 PM
ALASKAN: OMG! I hate camping trips like that, esp when it rains!!
LOL I can remember more than a few like that! Glad you had a good time :)

alaskanlaughter
05-28-2012, 03:00 PM
good news is that i ended the camping trip at the exact same weight that i started it at - 193.6 - which i like because i know i ate wayyyy too much food and sugar this weekend

an NSV: when we were getting on the skiff i was handed a float coat to wear and i didnt think i'd even be able to get it on...but i was able to get it on AND zip it up, which i was totally surprised that i could do that...i'm sure that 30 pounds ago, it never would have zipped up on me lol

Mountain Mamma
05-28-2012, 03:08 PM
Great thread, wish I'd noticed it earlier. Am I too late?

I'm a slow loser. But losing slow is a good thing, at least for me, because looking back over the yo-yo years, whenever I've lost lbs fast they not only came back fast, they brought a few friends with them.

Exercise is great, but in the past when I've 'trained' for an event, afterward the weight crept back - like the body realizes "hot dog I don't have to do that anymore!" So moderation is it. Patience is a virtue!

Sum38
05-28-2012, 04:03 PM
MM :hug: These ladies have kept me going during my slow weigh loss progress, and picked me up each time I fell flat on my face. -- You are about to meet some of the most supportive peeps! :love:

Sum38
05-28-2012, 04:07 PM
:cheers::cheers::cheers: Party Time :cheers::cheers::cheers:

Happy holiday to all. -- I am done with all preparations and now just kicking back and waiting for our company to arrive. I am not counting calories today :^:

I hope all of you are having a fun and safe Memorial Day.

alaskanlaughter
05-28-2012, 05:30 PM
welcome mountain mamma!

Sum38
05-29-2012, 06:28 AM
I am too old for hangovers, ugh :(

jomatho
05-29-2012, 10:30 AM
Hi girls, quick fly by for me to say all is well. DS surgery went well and he is back to school today in his immobilizer.
We had a very busy weekend between caring for him and catching up on the yard, pool, house. Not much of a holiday weekend or very relaxing for any of us.
Gotta run for now. Hopefully, I will catch up with what is going on with all of you soon! :wave:

Sum38
05-29-2012, 01:46 PM
Jo :hug: I was thinking about you today and how your baby boy was doing! I am glad to hear he is already at school and feeling okay!

Hoping that Star is having fun with her folks.

I had a very nice NSV today. I went to put on shorts that were super tight last summer. I wore them because they had a belly flattening panel and they made me look slimmer...I pulled them on and they literally dropped off of me. Sometimes it feels that "I don't look that much thinner"...but I guess I am :woohoo: I went on to try another pair of shorts from last summer and they were enormous. So now, officially I have out shrank all 12's!! My 10's are getting quite roomy and I think in a few pounds I can say that I am officially size 8 :dance: :dance:

alaskanlaughter
05-29-2012, 04:08 PM
woohooo congrats sum!!

back to my routine of work and working out today...i had a much shorter time slot available for me at the gym because i have to be to work earlier than planned today...so i decided to try running again, havent done running in about two months because i had hurt the back of my knee pretty badly...

my knee didnt bother me running today although my breathing did....the asthma kicked in, i'd forgotten about that....but i did a mile and a half in intervals and a total of 2.5 miles in just over half an hour...i'm a slow runner and have difficulty with my hips taking the longer strides needed to run faster

now i'm headed to work...tomorrow is my teenager's 8th grade graduation

when he was born i weighed just over 270....now i weigh about 193....so i'm happy with that!!! :D:D

K9Owner
05-29-2012, 06:38 PM
Very late check in for me today. I have nothing to report, except I--too-am TO OLD for hangovers!! UGH!! Bad late afternoon for me on Monday, but by 11pm, I was ok.

:welcome2: Mountain Momma!! Just jump right in. We don't mind!

jomatho
05-30-2012, 08:43 AM
Bunch of lushes in this thread :cheers::rofl:

Sum38
05-30-2012, 09:39 AM
:cheers:

I feel thin :dance: weight is at 144 BUT I finally lost one inch of my belly!

Sum38
05-30-2012, 01:37 PM
I just had a physical....well half of one because of TOM.
I was fully clothed and scale showed 144.8.... Made me into a happy woman :D my dr is quite heavy and is getting heavier each time I see her. She was "jealous" of my progress. I told her about MFP.

I am officially off my BP meds...:woohoo: amazing what 20 pound weight difference does!

I am crampy and bloaty, but I am having a good day :)

alaskanlaughter
05-30-2012, 01:53 PM
way to go sum!!

i forgot how terribly sore running used to make me...i felt fine actually running and fine for most of the day but by bedtime i was so sore i could hardly move...my knees and ankles hurt and my whole body was sore :( i had forgotten about that...i seriously could hardly move to get to the bathroom in the middle of the night ughhhh

so today's workout will be climbing hills on the treadmill instead and maybe tomorrow i can run again, depending on my level of soreness

K9Owner
05-30-2012, 02:00 PM
Bunch of lushes in this thread :cheers::rofl:

No secret...I am a cheap drunk these days :rofl:
:cheers:

K9Owner
05-30-2012, 04:48 PM
:present:
To me from me: New Batteries for my scale!

ItsMyTurn
05-30-2012, 05:45 PM
Kristiina - Congrats for getting off the BP meds!!! :dance: That's is awesome!!! You are making amazing progress all the way around!

Jo - Glad you were able to fit everything in over the weekend

Alaskan - Sorry to hear of all the wet for your camping, but glad you still were able to see the funny with the flying tarps

Krystal - Being a cheap drunk makes for a good date, :lol:

Sorry I haven't been checking in. Was on vacation from work, parents flown in, college paperwork all done and approved, Amber all prepped for camp, and even found time to replace the kitchen faucet! Yay! Mom and I went clothes shopping and had a blast! It was a great week and I hated coming back to work - but they require me to do that in order to keep getting a paycheck :lol: Another awesome thing is, even without logging food/calories, and not tracking my exercise - I have kept up on both well, and even lost a good amount... 183.8 this week!!! That long plateau is just a bad memory now :D Hope you all are having a great week!

Mountain Momma - :welcome: Jump right in

alaskanlaughter
05-31-2012, 02:38 AM
I Am So Sore just from that running that I did yesterday...i seriously hurt to move any part of my legs, especially my ankles...i ate good today, working towards a lower carb eating for awhile...passed up cake in the staff lounge with just a nibble of frosting, didnt take any pieces of cake at all :)

veryyyy long day, up since 7 a.m. and just now sitting down for the night at 9 p.m....felt like i've been taking tests all day, braindead...calories were higher, at 1750 tonight and then i ate a little hamburger patty, like 4 bites worth, it was very little...and im too tired to write it in my food log ughhh

going to bed now

K9Owner
05-31-2012, 05:47 PM
I had to start the new thread a day early.
I have to work tomorrow & Saturday.
Here's the link:

SD w/a S {12} Serenade Into Summer (http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/support-groups/260185-slow-dancing-stranger-12-serenade-into-summer.html#post4354325)