Closed Thread

Old 05-01-2012, 01:29 AM   #1  
Made of Starstuff

Talking WW MM CHALLENGE! May & June - Week 1/Goal Setting!

Hello hello hello!

Welcome to the beginning of the May & June Weight Watchers Month-Month Challenge

This challenge is running from May 1st through June 30th there abouts with a final weigh in on July 2nd.

Rules: This is a very loose challenge made to fit anyone and any goal. To join up, simply pick a set of goals you'd like to work on over the course of May & June. And. Tell us about them! They can be anything you're interested in improving. From weight loss to eating more fresh foods or adding exercise . Or all of that!

Every Monday a new thread is started to continue discussing goals and to give everyone updates about the week. Stay tuned to see how your fellow challenge marathoners are doing, and to continue on the healthy paths you're trekking.

Welcome back to those who've decided to join us again, and welcome to those who are new to the challenge! Pick a goal and dive on in!

---

Spreadsheet: For fun, we have a (completely optional!) spreadsheet. If you'd like to join in on the weekly weigh, then simply check out the attached thumbnail image to see how it works.

Here's the Spreadsheet Link for May/June!

---

Let's achieve some healthy goals, everyone! It's a good time of year to stick to a change, and... it's gonna be a great summer season soon!
Attached Images
File Type: jpg WWMMCHALLENGESPREADSHEET.jpg (34.1 KB, 2 views)
Old 05-01-2012, 01:36 AM   #2  
Made of Starstuff

Can't believe we're full swing into spring.

I'm excited about making some good goals, and I have some milestone events that will certainly help keep me focused.

I'll start with my goals:

-Focus on the big picture. Healthier. I'm healthier than I was last year, and I want to stay that way. I also want to be healthier next year than I am this year... that means I've got to do things now.

- Exercise. Daily walks are good for me. They don't take long, and I enjoy them once I'm up on the treadmill.

- Fresh fruits & vegetables. I also add this, because I love them, and I don't think I can ever get enough. They're filling, they're tasty, and they're mostly zero points! Can't go wrong

- Tracking. Keep mindful. It's easy to overeat. It's easy to say "just this once". Tracking doesn't take long, and it's key to losing excess weight.

- Mental health and positivity are important, too! No getting down on myself. Just getting on with wonderful improvements.

As for the milestones: My brother is getting married in June, and my 29th birthday is the day after his wedding. Grand! I have a lot to celebrate, and lots I still want to do.

So, let's get to it! Good luck guys and ladies! We've got this.
Old 05-01-2012, 06:19 AM   #3  

S/C/G: 250/173.2/149

Height: 5'6"

I need this accountability SO BAD right now!!! I've definitely slipped the past couple of weeks/month and I really need to buckle back down and just do it. I know I can because I've been working hard all year long.....I might have just needed some "down time".

Goals for these two months include:

Finally getting out of the 170's....I feel like I've been seeing 175 forever!!! I was really close a couple of weeks ago and then Easter candy came into my life and I need to watch that!

Continue with my gym time....I feel good about my cardio sessions and have really tried to stick to some of the weight work. I am much more comfortable working on the machines than with dumbbells, but hopefully that will come with time.

Get involved with Zumba....the school where my mom works is offering classes after school twice a week for like $5 a class and it's open to those who don't work there. I am going to go for my first class on Thursday afternoon, so hopefully this can be a good kick off for the month of May!
Old 05-01-2012, 08:50 AM   #4  

S/C/G: 354/252/180

Height: 5'5

Here we go again!

My goals are to

track, track, track
Continue C25K with my son
get in LOTS of water!
Hit 280.0

Last edited by texscrapper; 05-01-2012 at 08:51 AM.
Old 05-01-2012, 10:08 AM   #5  
Work in Progress

S/C/G: 186/working on it/148

Height: 5'5"

Well chickies here we are again yea haw!

Ok my goal this time around is 1. get out of the 150's!!! I looked back and I have been here since January so I need to do some re-thinking on how to make that scale move. 2. Get in 4 days a week of strength training even if that means I have to cut back on the time spent doing cardio. 3. Track everyday (I do it anyway just need to get it out there) 4. Stay positive and find a nsv to celebrate every week

I am so excited this is going to be an awesome 8 weeks
Old 05-02-2012, 10:52 AM   #6  

S/C/G: 252/see ticker/199

Height: 5'7"

I'm just shooting for the two teens, anything starting with 21X and I'll be happy. It should be a fairly attainable goal as it's 10 pounds over 2 months. Let's see how this goes...
Old 05-02-2012, 11:11 PM   #7  
Work in Progress

XLM no worries you can do it! yee haw lol just kidding about the southern slang here --- only lived in the south for 16 years and it sneaks up on me every now and again
Old 05-03-2012, 01:22 AM   #8  

S/C/G: 226/197.6/150

Height: 5'2"

To hit at least 212
To hit the gym at least 3 days a week & walk on the days I don't go to the gym
Drink more water
Eat more veggies
Old 05-04-2012, 09:04 PM   #9  

S/C/G: 208/Ticker/135

Height: 5'5 1/2

My first time joining the challenge!
Goals:
Track track track- sometimes I'm lazy to track all the food
Lessen sodium intake (im a junk food addict esp chips!) and fatty food.
More water

Good luck to all of us!
Old 05-04-2012, 10:58 PM   #10  
Work in Progress

welcome to the challenge myfav

this is a great place to be accountable especially for me since I don't go to meetings ...I need to have someone look at my weigh ins even if they are neg.

Yikes had a good workout at the gym since i issed past 2 days and now am dog tired and still have to work in am ah well
Old 05-05-2012, 11:39 AM   #11  
Go Blue!

S/C/G: 286.8/180.6/145

My goals are tracking more consistently, getting more swimming practice in between my weekly swim class, and getting to a regular meeting. Swim class meets when my meeting does - I'm trying to get up and get to the early meeting ahead of time so I can still see the same leader and that's her only other meeting there, but getting out the door by 6 am on Saturdays has had mixed results so far.

I set my weight loss goal at -9.4 but I won't be upset if I don't quite make it. Really worrying more right now about working out the kinks with my habits and routine.
Closed Thread