Ideal Protein Diet - IP Daily Chat Tuesday 5/1/12

View Full Version : IP Daily Chat Tuesday 5/1/12

wuv2bloved
05-01-2012, 01:06 AM
Welcome back to the Daily Chat thread - post your plans for today, share what's been happening, ask questions!

:welcome3:

Some forum lingo:
NSV = Non-scale victory
TOM = time of the month
WI = Weigh-in
WF = Walden Farms
OP = on program

Bookmarking:
Ideal Protein Sub-forum Home page
Consider making it a bookmark or a favorite in your browser so you can come back easily to get your RDA of Ideal Protein information.
Ideal Protein Sub-forum Home Page (http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/ideal-protein-diet-236/)

Information for newbies:
Check the sticky page for lots of good information and please read before asking what might be a frequently asked question here in the daily thread: Information on Ideal Protein phases (1-4), recipes, newbie guide, FAQ, and other important threads. (http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/ideal-protein-diet/238801-ip-ultimate-list-recipes-faq-newbie-guide-other-important-threads.html)

Tickers and Signatures:
There are 2 requirements to have access to signatures and tickers. You must have been a member of 3fatchicks for 20 days AND posted at least 20 messages anywhere on the 3fatchicks forum. When you've met those requirements check The Ultimate Signature and Ticker Thread (http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/announcements-forum-help/203435-ultimate-one-stop-signature-ticker-thread-read-here-if-you-have-questions.html)for more information and instructions.

Quoting:
The best quoting tip (http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/announcements-forum-help/203435-ultimate-one-stop-signature-ticker-thread-read-here-if-you-have-questions.html)- EVER!! Thanks Rosie, aka 6710.

Searching:
If you can't find what you're looking for in this forum using the website search function, try using the "double search" using Google.

1) Go to google.com. Search 3fatchicks by using the term site:3fatchicks.com at the end of your google search.

For example, if you want to look for "big mac in a bowl", type "big mac in a bowl site:3fatchicks.com" in google search. No need to inlucde the quotation marks when you type.

2) This will bring up the page that you are looking for, now hit Ctrl+F to search on that page. Type "big mac in a bowl" and all instances of that search term will be highlighted.

Progress photos:
have been moved to the Mini-Goal Photo Album. (http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/mini-goals-201/)

Other helpful links related to the Ideal Protein diet:
Dr. Tran Tien Chanh's website (http://www.trantiendiet.com/site/spip.php?rubrique19)

Dr. Tran Tien Chanh's book (PDF file): The Unbalanced Diet Approach to a Slimmer You (http://www.trantiendiet.com/site/IMG/pdflivre_Dr_Tran.pdf)

Ladyonadiet
05-01-2012, 03:29 AM
I had my second weigh in today, and lost 1.5 lbs, but it was my TOM last week, and my water weight went up by 2 pounds, and my muscle by 1 pound, so that is reassuring, I am glad I lost anything. In addition, I never measured my body, but can visually see the decrease in my arms. So I am still going strong! Good Luck Everyone! Have a Great May!!!! :)))

audgirl78
05-01-2012, 03:34 AM
Good morning! It's 2:30 am and I am checking in! I have just been up for an hour making breakfast and lunch for my hard working hubby. He's a truck driver that's home daily and in order for him never to gain back his 54 lbs he lost on IP, It's my job as his wife to make him his daily healthy meals. Today = 1/4 cup muesli and organic vanilla yogurt with 1/3 cup strawberries. He had a banana to take the edge off when he got up. Lunch is a tuna salad (made with honey mustard WF mayo and dill pickles with a high fiber tortilla with lettuce and tomato. He brings two balance bars with him as well as 2 33 ozs water bottles.

Now I get to check into all my things online, wind down and try to pull 3 more hours worth of sleep before getting up and taking care of me and my kid.

Hope you all are doing well this fine morning! TodayI WILL BE 100% OP!!

All for now!
Aud

ChaloJ
05-01-2012, 03:54 AM
Good morning all! Although, I haven't really gone to bed yet.:o I'm having trouble sleeping tonight, so I've been catching up here. Wow, this place is soooooooo full of inspiring stories and people! I was just reading one of the 100% threads. You all are amazing!

I need help with a couple of questions:

1) I cannot get any pictures to load. Every time I try, I get the message the the upload failed. Anyone got any ideas?

2) Is it normal for your stomach to growl? I'm still trying to get the hang of this whole thing (which I think is slightly complicated because my little guy just doesn't want to give up his last nursing session.) But my stomach growls regularly, from hunger--not from bowel issues. I don't want to accidently put myself into starvation mode! I appreciate any insight on this.

Cadu
05-01-2012, 05:52 AM
I had my second weigh in today, and lost 1.5 lbs, but it was my TOM last week, and my water weight went up by 2 pounds, and my muscle by 1 pound, so that is reassuring, I am glad I lost anything. In addition, I never measured my body, but can visually see the decrease in my arms. So I am still going strong! Good Luck Everyone! Have a Great May!!!! :)))

Congrats on the 1.5 loss... any loss is a good loss and next week will most likely be better if you are retaining water. FYI: I had a low WI once and my coach told me that taking Advil retains water. ( I was taking advil daily for feet pain, back pain & headaches. I dont need it as much becuase most of my pains have gone since losing weight)

Good morning! It's 2:30 am and I am checking in! I have just been up for an hour making breakfast and lunch for my hard working hubby.

Your a good wife Aud.

Good morning all! Although, I haven't really gone to bed yet.:o I'm having trouble sleeping tonight, so I've been catching up here. Wow, this place is soooooooo full of inspiring stories and people! I was just reading one of the 100% threads. You all are amazing!

1) I cannot get any pictures to load. Every time I try, I get the message the the upload failed. Anyone got any ideas?

2) Is it normal for your stomach to growl? I'm still trying to get the hang of this whole thing (which I think is slightly complicated because my little guy just doesn't want to give up his last nursing session.) But my stomach growls regularly, from hunger--not from bowel issues. I don't want to accidently put myself into starvation mode! I appreciate any insight on this.

Morning ChaloJ
did the site didnt give you a reason for the error? too big of a pic or maybe the file type?

my stomach growls sometimes, real load gurgley growls. I have no idea why, sometimes it happens when I'm not hungry at all.

Cadu
05-01-2012, 06:06 AM
Happy May Day Everybody.
I cant believe it is May already, The summer is right around the corner now.
I started this program on Feb. 16 I remember being so impatient for the weeks to go by so I could see some significant weight loss but the time was going by so slowly, it was almost torture. I couldn't wait for my 1 week WI, then I couldn't wait for my 1 month WI, now here it is almost 3 months on plan and almost 40 pounds later (I am hoping to hit 40 tomorrow at WI) and all I can say is WOW that time flew by. So to all my IP friends just starting out, don't torture yourself.. before you know it, months will have gone by, just get through each day.

I hope everyone has a great day

Joplingrl
05-01-2012, 06:27 AM
Long night here stormed for about 2 hours, getting close to the first anniversary of the may 22 tornado that destroyed most of my town. So what used to be just spring thunder storm strikes fear in everyone. I am stuck on this last 5 pounds and it's making me crazy. I started to do a little bike riding to see if that would help but I feel like I've gained.any advice?

Sewmam
05-01-2012, 06:44 AM
Happy May Day Everybody.
I cant believe it is May already, I hope everyone has a great day

Hi Carol, yes, time sure is flying by... Funny, I would have thought you were an 'oldtimer' on this journey, just from the wisdom in your posts. I was surprised that you just started Feb 16! Great progress!!!!

Long night here stormed for about 2 hours, getting close to the first anniversary of the may 22 tornado that destroyed most of my town. So what used to be just spring thunder storm strikes fear in everyone. I am stuck on this last 5 pounds and it's making me crazy. I started to do a little bike riding to see if that would help but I feel like I've gained.any advice?

Sometimes those last few pounds are the hardest to get off. It could be that muscles are building so that is the weight gain you sense. Maybe it's time to phase off and get the last few pounds taken care of via exercise and continuing a good diet?

Sewmam
05-01-2012, 06:50 AM
Good morning everybody! I noticed the birds started chirping by 5:15 this morning...as time passes and the earth rotates...

Well, I fell asleep by 8 last night and woke up at 4. Crazy, but that's the way it goes. After pushing really hard this weekend, I couldn't seem to do squat yesterday, beyond a bunch of kitchen stuff, so today I really need to get back to work. Was hoping to have a garage sale this weekend, but forgot to get the ad to the paper in time, so it will have to be next weekend. Do-lists and post-it notes only work if you read them! ;)

Hope everybody has a wonderful day !!!

3sisters
05-01-2012, 06:53 AM
Is it normal for your stomach to growl? I'm still trying to get the hang of this whole thing (which I think is slightly complicated because my little guy just doesn't want to give up his last nursing session.)

Normal for your stomach to growl at times - Yes! But what struck me is the fact that you are still nursing! Your calorie and nutrition requirements are much more than the 800 calories (approx) that you get with IP. Does your Dr and/or coach know that you are still nursing?

PEIslandGirl
05-01-2012, 06:56 AM
NSV......tucking in my shirt and wearing a belt. Sometimes it is the small things that make your day:)
Have a great 100% OP Day!

3sisters
05-01-2012, 06:59 AM
Happy May Day Everybody.
I started this program on Feb. 16 I remember being so impatient for the weeks to go by so I could see some significant weight loss but the time was going by so slowly, it was almost torture. I couldn't wait for my 1 week WI, then I couldn't wait for my 1 month WI, now here it is almost 3 months on plan and almost 40 pounds later (I am hoping to hit 40 tomorrow at WI) and all I can say is WOW that time flew by. So to all my IP friends just starting out, don't torture yourself.. before you know it, months will have gone by, just get through each day.

I'm with Sewmam! I didn't realize you just started in February! WOW is right! Great advice and great job!

Ducksmy
05-01-2012, 07:00 AM
Happy May Day!
I had a hard time sleeping last night! So I am going into work early, getting some good stuff done , before my staff comes in.
A little rainy here , but it is supposed to be WARM! Good news for me!

May you all have an OP day , May all of you be the biggest loosers around!
MWAH!

Cadu
05-01-2012, 07:01 AM
NSV......tucking in my shirt and wearing a belt. Sometimes it is the small things that make your day:)

I cant wait to tuck in my shirt.. that is one of my goals.. good for you, i am a little jealous though hee heeee

Cadu
05-01-2012, 07:03 AM
Hi Carol, yes, time sure is flying by... Funny, I would have thought you were an 'oldtimer' on this journey, just from the wisdom in your posts. I was surprised that you just started Feb 16! Great progress!!!!

I'm with Sewmam! I didn't realize you just started in February! WOW is right! Great advice and great job!

Thanks ladies.. :hug:

sekc14
05-01-2012, 07:13 AM
I posted yesterday about a crazy reading on the Tanita scale at Ideal Protein. Basically the starting weigh in showed 75 lbs fat and a month later it showed 95 lbs fat. I recall that the problem was using the scale wearing hosiery. Whew!! I thought I was in serious health troubles for losing 40 lbs lean body mass but, I'm not! The scale reading was messed-up.

Dakin
05-01-2012, 07:17 AM
Good morning everyone!
Yesterday I switched up my daily veggies and found that the change did me good! I had peppers in addition to my celery mid morning and found I was less hungry by the end of the work day. Also, I feel thinner today - if that's possible.
Wishing everyone a great day OP!!!

prettyone
05-01-2012, 07:41 AM
Congrats Ladyonadiet.

Good morning! It's 2:30 am and I am checking in! I have just been up for an hour making breakfast and lunch for my hard working hubby. He's a truck driver that's home daily and in order for him never to gain back his 54 lbs he lost on IP, It's my job as his wife to make him his daily healthy meals. Today = 1/4 cup muesli and organic vanilla yogurt with 1/3 cup strawberries. He had a banana to take the edge off when he got up. Lunch is a tuna salad (made with honey mustard WF mayo and dill pickles with a high fiber tortilla with lettuce and tomato. He brings two balance bars with him as well as 2 33 ozs water bottles.

Now I get to check into all my things online, wind down and try to pull 3 more hours worth of sleep before getting up and taking care of me and my kid.

Hope you all are doing well this fine morning! TodayI WILL BE 100% OP!!

All for now!
Aud
What a great wife. Im sure he is glad to have you in his life. Good luck on your journey as well.

Happy May Day Everybody.

Yes May came fast Cadu. Good luck you will reach that 40 without a doubt.

Good morning everybody! I noticed the birds started chirping by 5:15 this morning...as time passes and the earth rotates...

Well, I fell asleep by 8 last night and woke up at 4. Crazy, but that's the way it goes. After pushing really hard this weekend, I couldn't seem to do squat yesterday, beyond a bunch of kitchen stuff, so today I really need to get back to work. Was hoping to have a garage sale this weekend, but forgot to get the ad to the paper in time, so it will have to be next weekend. Do-lists and post-it notes only work if you read them! ;)

Good morning Sewmam. Enjoy your day.
Good morning everyone!
Yesterday I switched up my daily veggies and found that the change did me good! I had peppers in addition to my celery mid morning and found I was less hungry by the end of the work day. Also, I feel thinner today - if that's possible.

Good Morning Dakin, I've been trying to switch mine as well. But I found that drinking a cup of tea mid morning stops my hunger and lately at lunch my appetite is gone.

prettyone
05-01-2012, 07:42 AM
Oh forgot to say Good Morning All. Its raining here but suppose to get up to the 80s we shall see. Hope everyone enjoys their day! 100%OP

Samba
05-01-2012, 07:51 AM
Good morning everyone!

Awww, rain here. I got up early to go to the farmers market. Hope this weekend I can go if it cancels today.

Tomorrow is my three month anniversary on IP. I can not believe the changes in that time. Sometimes, it seems to be taking long and going slow. Then, I look at the calendar and realize all the changes in my body, health and life in just three months! I don't know that I could adapt to a faster rate of change!

NSV- my dog showing buddy told me her neighbor mentioned to her about how skinny her friend was getting. I guess it is noticable. My son complemented me yesterday too.

I think about how I am doing this for myself, but those encouraging words somehow really make me feel even better. I have to remember to pay that sort of thing forward and encourage people in their efforts!

Chloe222
05-01-2012, 07:53 AM
Good morning! It's 2:30 am and I am checking in! I have just been up for an hour making breakfast and lunch for my hard working hubby.
Aud That's a lovely breakfast and lunch. I copied it into a word file I'm making for when I go into maintenance. Your husband is a lucky man!

Happy May Day Everybody.

Cadu,
I had the same train of thought yesterday. I started this diet just 10 days before you and here it is, 3 months (12 weeks) later and I just had WI 12. BTW, down 2.8 pounds this week for a total of almost 28 pounds.

Interestingly (at least for me) is that this past week I didn't workout at all. I had surgery last Wednesday and have spent the past week with my feet up - in my favorite swivel rocker. I usually workout 5 X/week w/ 2 different personal trainers in addition to walking my 3 dogs. (Note I have been training for over a year before starting this and simply turned down intensity when starting IP - need to do this for my back, etc.) Also started phase 2 last week. I stayed 100% OP except I did have an extra choc shake 3-4 X last week as I heard that it would be better for me given anesthesia, recuperation, etc. For me, -2.8 pounds is a pretty big weight loss. I'm 55, menopausal. Yet, from body composition perspective, body fat went up 1.1% and skeletal muscle went down .8% this week. These are purely anecdotal observations.

Long night here stormed for about 2 hours, getting close to the first anniversary of the may 22 tornado
Joplingirl,
I am so sorry to hear you had to go through that and what you are feeling is perfectly natural. If possible, try to minimize the stress you are feeling but recognize you are still in the midst of a healing process over the huge loss that's still relatively recent. Be kind to and easy on yourself (and stay OP).

Was hoping to have a garage sale this weekend, but forgot to get the ad to the paper in time, so it will have to be next weekend.
Sewmam, Just think you will have a bigger garage sale next weekend, more out the door! There's a silver lining to everything!

How nice!! Way to go! Before you know it, you'll be doing what UCMSVet had to do and go get a couple new holes in that belt!!

Chikara
05-01-2012, 07:57 AM
Made it through our first official outing...but not without some fanfare. We had a big family dinner and before hand I told my SIL that DH and I were on a restricted diet and we would bring our own food. They were making chicken marsala and she said she would keep some plain chicken on the side for us so not to worry. When we arrived SIL said her DH would not serve us plain chicken so he marinated the chicken in balsamic and olive oil (he was trying so I will give him that!). Told her we were really sorry but we can't have balsamic and she said "what would a little balsamic do?". Told her we have invested way too much in the program to be set back 3-4 days. She told me her DH would be upset because apparently he doesn't understand all the diet stuff and it had been a bit of an issue when she was explaining it to him. I told her not to tell him because he really did try and I didn't want to hurt his feelings so I snuck out to the grocery store and bought plain chicken, came back with it hidden in my purse then offered to BBQ the chicken for him because he was so busy. I managed to BBQ some of his balsamic chicken for my MIL (gluten intolerant) along with my chicken and he never even noticed. Told him how delish his balsamic chicken was! Phew! A twinge of guilt lying to him but you have to do what you have to do!! Some people just won't get it! What's a little cheat? What's a little glass of wine? You can go back on tomorrow!...no thanks! I am very happy that I stuck to my guns!

Have a great day everyone!!! I am on day 5 today and finally have some energy and feel fantastic and very very excited about the next few weeks!

reneepw
05-01-2012, 08:10 AM
chikata..i am on day 7! Had my first outing last night. Work travel so I was eating out with colleagues. Went to a brew pub. I don't drink beer anyway so that was easy. Had water. I ordered grilled salmon and they gave me extra steamed veggies in place of potatoes. I skipped the appetizers. You are right..do what ya gotta do. Btw I love your strength symbol!

Chloe222
05-01-2012, 08:11 AM
I posted yesterday about a crazy reading on the Tanita scale at Ideal Protein. Basically the starting weigh in showed 75 lbs fat and a month later it showed 95 lbs fat. I recall that the problem was using the scale wearing hosiery. Whew!! I thought I was in serious health troubles for losing 40 lbs lean body mass but, I'm not! The scale reading was messed-up.

I am so glad to hear this. Was wondering...Have a great day!

KBig
05-01-2012, 08:17 AM
GM IPeeps....

WI # 3 .... hoping to see a decent number .... shoot for 4lbs.
Wishing everyone weighing in .... great #'s !!!

keep it OP ...

mom3girls63
05-01-2012, 08:45 AM
Happy May Day Everybody.

Thanks Carol - I needed to hear this today. This is week 2 for me and while I feel good and I am sticking to the plan, I don't feel like I am being as successful this week as I was last week - BUT, it is only Tuesday and my WI is Saturday and I have 4 more days to go. I just need to keep doing what I am doing and stay the course. Miracles don't happen in two weeks and I did not put all this weight on in two weeks! You are so right - day by day. Thank you!

JmgInMd
05-01-2012, 08:47 AM

I was so happy on the first day I could do that also. I finally had to go out and shop for new clothes last week because everything was too big! Way to go! :cool:

3sisters
05-01-2012, 08:53 AM
Made it through our first official outing...but not without some fanfare. We had a big family dinner and before hand I told my SIL that DH and I were on a restricted diet and we would bring our own food. They were making chicken marsala and she said she would keep some plain chicken on the side for us so not to worry. When we arrived SIL said her DH would not serve us plain chicken so he marinated the chicken in balsamic and olive oil (he was trying so I will give him that!). Told her we were really sorry but we can't have balsamic and she said "what would a little balsamic do?". Told her we have invested way too much in the program to be set back 3-4 days. She told me her DH would be upset because apparently he doesn't understand all the diet stuff and it had been a bit of an issue when she was explaining it to him. I told her not to tell him because he really did try and I didn't want to hurt his feelings so I snuck out to the grocery store and bought plain chicken, came back with it hidden in my purse then offered to BBQ the chicken for him because he was so busy. I managed to BBQ some of his balsamic chicken for my MIL (gluten intolerant) along with my chicken and he never even noticed. Told him how delish his balsamic chicken was! Phew! A twinge of guilt lying to him but you have to do what you have to do!! Some people just won't get it! What's a little cheat? What's a little glass of wine? You can go back on tomorrow!...no thanks! I am very happy that I stuck to my guns!

Have a great day everyone!!! I am on day 5 today and finally have some energy and feel fantastic and very very excited about the next few weeks!

I think you get the OP "extra credit" award for that one!

skinnybride2be
05-01-2012, 09:02 AM
Hi and good morning everyone. Weigh in for me is going...slow. I've been the same weight for the past couple of days. I'm a little discouraged since I've been following the plan 100% but i'll keep pushing forward because I know i'm bound to start loosing again. I apologize for the noob question, but for the miracle noodles, i know that you need to respect the serving size, but does this replace one of your IP packets or can you eat one serving in addition to your normal IP packets/lean protein dinner? So for example you have your IP for breakfast, lunch and snack, plus one serving of miracle noodles with lunch or dinner? Something along those line.

SewingMomma
05-01-2012, 09:14 AM
Hi and good morning everyone. Weigh in for me is going...slow. I've been the same weight for the past couple of days. I'm a little discouraged since I've been following the plan 100% but i'll keep pushing forward because I know i'm bound to start loosing again. I apologize for the noob question, but for the miracle noodles, i know that you need to respect the serving size, but does this replace one of your IP packets or can you eat one serving in addition to your normal IP packets/lean protein dinner? So for example you have your IP for breakfast, lunch and snack, plus one serving of miracle noodles with lunch or dinner? Something along those line.

Miracle Noodles are "free" and don't count toward your daily food intake. I have them evey now and then and they really fill me up. Usually I eat them at night with my dinner. I love spaghetti, so I brown some ground beef and make a Mariana sauce and serve that over the miracle noodles. However each pack contains two servings, so eat half a pack.

LSJ100
05-01-2012, 09:16 AM
Good morning everyone! Cadu, I was reflecting that today starts my second month and after one month down I can't remember when I didn't eat this way...I know everyone said it would get easier but those first few weeks that was hard to believe...now it seems like second nature. I made my own SF taco seasoning mix last night and did a taco salad with meat and veggies and it was delicious...I was thinking that would never have appealed to me before...I think my taste buds are starting to change...I have a lofty goal of hoping to see 20lbs lost at my WI on Saturday but even if I'm not quite there I can feel good knowing it will happen the next week. Have a great OP day everyone!

I thought it was hunger but a coach told me that it is often the stomach digesting the protein...that it can be quite noisy about it...I tried the digestive enzymes to see if that would help but really after the first few weeks I think my body had adjusted because it doesn't happen that much with or without them anymore.

skinnybride2be
05-01-2012, 09:20 AM
Miracle Noodles are "free" and don't count toward your daily food intake. I have them evey now and then and they really fill me up. Usually I eat them at night with my dinner. I love spaghetti, so I brown some ground beef and make a Mariana sauce and serve that over the miracle noodles. However each pack contains two servings, so eat half a pack.

Mmmmm that sounds great! So eating them 2-3 times a week shouldn't impact your weight loss?

rvingprincess
05-01-2012, 09:23 AM
Good morning everyone!

Awww, rain here. I got up early to go to the farmers market. Hope this weekend I can go if it cancels today.

Tomorrow is my three month anniversary on IP. I can not believe the changes in that time. Sometimes, it seems to be taking long and going slow. Then, I look at the calendar and realize all the changes in my body, health and life in just three months! I don't know that I could adapt to a faster rate of change!

NSV- my dog showing buddy told me her neighbor mentioned to her about how skinny her friend was getting. I guess it is noticable. My son complemented me yesterday too.

I think about how I am doing this for myself, but those encouraging words somehow really make me feel even better. I have to remember to pay that sort of thing forward and encourage people in their efforts!

Isn't it nice when people start to notice your weight loss? Keep up the good work.

CassiR
05-01-2012, 09:38 AM
I started this diet just 10 days before you and here it is, 3 months (12 weeks) later and I just had WI 12. BTW, down 2.8 pounds this week for a total of almost 28 pounds.
Chloe! Congrats on the 2.8lb loss!! That's great! You deserved to relax and it payed off!! Look at that ticker move, girl!

CkM
05-01-2012, 09:45 AM
Good Morning! Day 5 for me! I have a quick question. I cooked dinner for my family last night and I made chicken breast. I cooked them on the stove with olive oil and sea salt an pepper. After I finished them I put sliced green pepper and white mushrooms in the left over olive oil and sauted them. Is this okay? It tasted too good so I just wanted to be sure.

Have a great OP day everyone!!

mlucas
05-01-2012, 09:48 AM
Good AM!

A few things...
1. I have kept this diet pretty much a secret, I really didnt want to advertise another failed diet by Michelle, so since I just moved and I dont see people from back home i'm pretty hush about it, especially over FB. My mom and 2 of my bridesmaids know but other than that... no one really knew. So since i've been video journaling daily and after watching the video i thougth i'd take a quick pic. after lookin at the pic i was like holy Shh... i dont look hidious! so i decided to come out of the closet and post on FB. I did not expect the response that I got! It was so over whelming and beautiful. I have amazing friends and the kind words were amazing! I didnt expect the attention it did get so, that was awesome! :D
2. I am running out of clothes to wear! I love it ... but I hate it LOL. I look like a bag lady... good thing.. i am really pulling off this BoHo look very well :) But still, i've been putting off shopping cus i want to save as much money as i can before we leave for vaca back to WA, but i may have to crack soon. Trying to hold out.. only 25 more days till we leave. It's such a double edge sword. I want to not be able to make the 25 days but i do cus i dont want to spend the money yet lol. I think I can hold out though since i'm going in to P3 in a week... so :( and :) lol

Have a great day everyone!

CkM
05-01-2012, 09:50 AM

Way to go!! You look amazing!!! Keep up the hard work!

CkM
05-01-2012, 09:58 AM
Good AM!

A few things...
1. I have kept this diet pretty much a secret, I really didnt want to advertise another failed diet by Michelle, so since I just moved and I dont see people from back home i'm pretty hush about it, especially over FB. My mom and 2 of my bridesmaids know but other than that... no one really knew. So since i've been video journaling daily and after watching the video i thougth i'd take a quick pic. after lookin at the pic i was like holy Shh... i dont look hidious! so i decided to come out of the closet and post on FB. I did not expect the response that I got! It was so over whelming and beautiful. I have amazing friends and the kind words were amazing! I didnt expect the attention it did get so, that was awesome! :D
2. I am running out of clothes to wear! I love it ... but I hate it LOL. I look like a bag lady... good thing.. i am really pulling off this BoHo look very well :) But still, i've been putting off shopping cus i want to save as much money as i can before we leave for vaca back to WA, but i may have to crack soon. Trying to hold out.. only 25 more days till we leave. It's such a double edge sword. I want to not be able to make the 25 days but i do cus i dont want to spend the money yet lol. I think I can hold out though since i'm going in to P3 in a week... so :( and :) lol

This is amazing news. I haven't had my first weigh in but I am anxious to see what it is! However, I am a chronic bargin shopper!! You don't want to update your whole wardwrobe right now but go and get a few pieces from Ross, or TJ Maxx. That way you can feel better about yourself and show off your weight loss this far! Plus every girl needs to spoil themselves every once in a while! Have a great trip!

Hopeful in Canada
05-01-2012, 10:01 AM
Good Morning everyone;
Just been lurking around reading everyone's successes and thinking...we have finally found the miracle program. I have never called it a diet as I believe it to be a lifestyle change. It's interesting how people don't understand the journey that we are on. They say things like...."Oh I can't give up my pasta or rice" and I would never last on.."no chocolate or chips". I am not sure about anybody else but I was a "chip monster", no bag of chips would ever get away from me. Now 11 weeks in and I don't even care if my DH is eating them...I don't even want them anymore. My coach is thinking that I will be on maintenance by the end of May and 11 weeks ago that didn't even seem possible. Good Luck on today's successess.

mlucas
05-01-2012, 10:05 AM
This is amazing news. I haven't had my first weigh in but I am anxious to see what it is! However, I am a chronic bargin shopper!! You don't want to update your whole wardwrobe right now but go and get a few pieces from Ross, or TJ Maxx. That way you can feel better about yourself and show off your weight loss this far! Plus every girl needs to spoil themselves every once in a while! Have a great trip!

You are so very right! I think I may just crack! My issue is that i have a serious weakness for shoes. It's almsot a sickness.. i have a stilleto/heal collection that can probably compete with a Kardasian lol so i have to go in focused on clothes.. not shoes! I might have to breing in reienforcements lol or wear blinders.. cus i will so spend my money on shoes and not get a single thing to wear! .... I'm a dork! lol But you have convinced me... i'm gona shop! (a little :) )

MaMaZu
05-01-2012, 10:06 AM
Just got back late last night from 8 days in the Caribbean, so beautiful! As planned, I was able to stay on plan, mixing in Phase 2 days throughout the week. Said no to rum punch, rum punch and more rum punch!
Weighed myself this morning and my weight stayed the same. I must admit, I am happy to be back home and to get back on Phase 2 and lose these last 15 pounds!

evepet
05-01-2012, 10:11 AM
Happy May 1st everyone! Wow - May already. Unbelievable....
I'm trying to master the art of using the 'Multi Quote' button, so I can more personally address my fellow posters... hope I don't make too much of a smozzle of it. :D

Happy May Day Everybody.
I started this program on Feb. 16 I remember being so impatient for the weeks to go by so I could see some significant weight loss but the time was going by so slowly, it was almost torture. I couldn't wait for my 1 week WI, then I couldn't wait for my 1 month WI, now here it is almost 3 months on plan and almost 40 pounds later (I am hoping to hit 40 tomorrow at WI) and all I can say is WOW that time flew by. So to all my IP friends just starting out, don't torture yourself.. before you know it, months will have gone by, just get through each day. I hope everyone has a great day

Like the others, I somehow thought you'd been with the program for much longer than this as well. You've been so helpful and knowledgeable... and congrats on your results. I loved your post yesterday about your sister's flattering comments/looks. My sister too is most supportive (she's never had any weight-related issues, and worries about the health-related implications of my being too heavy).. and I'm grateful for that. Have a great day Cadu.

I'm looking forward to seeing my arms 'shrink'. Keep going! And Happy May Day to you.

Good morning! It's 2:30 am and I am checking in! I have just been up for an Hope you all are doing well this fine morning! TodayI WILL BE 100% OP!!All for now!
Aud

Your hubby's menu sounds very tasty. Busy day for you, being up so early... hope you were able to get those 3 more hours of sleep in. Have a great 100% OP day.

Like somebody else mentioned, I'm wondering if you need more nutrition while you're still nursing? I'd recommend discussing this with your coach (hopefully you have a good one).

Woo-hoo! That is a great NSV - being able to tuck in your shirt and wear a belt with confidence. I'm looking forward to those days myself. I'm an 'apple' ... so there have been no tucked shirts & belts for me for quite some time now. But it's happening... I can feel it. I'll proudly show off my new waist down the road.

You know, your story makes me irritated for you. Maybe I'm being overly critical but shouldn't the IP clinic staff and your coach know to tell you to take your hosiery off? That whole situation obviously created a considerable amount of stress and frustration for you - which could and should have been avoided. Anyway - I'm glad that's all it was. And that you can rest easy. You're looking great BTW!! Congrats!

Good morning everyone!

Good idea. Now that I know all peppers are unrestricted, I'm going to incorporate them more generously in my meal planning. Thanks for the reminder. And isn't it great... to feel thinner! Sure gives a little lift to the day.

Oh forgot to say Good Morning All. Its raining here but suppose to get up to the 80s we shall see. Hope everyone enjoys their day! 100%OP

Good morning to you too, Prettyone. Have a great 100% OP day... I've been reading your posts, and admire your discipline and enthusiasm.

Good morning everyone!

I totally agree with you... I'm about to begin my 6th week on my IP alternate products program, and it amazes me that this much time has already passed, and that I've stayed so true to the program. Maybe a couple of minor 'slips' but certainly no planned cheats or serious lapses. And I feel good about my ability to continue forward. I also agree with you comment about the importance of 'paying it forward'...everybody needs encouragement in this effort, and each of us has to step up and reach out to those newer ones joining the program and the forum. I love hearing how your acquaintances, family, and neighbors are noticing your weight loss... that must be such a thrill. I've (only) lost about 12 lbs as yet (61 and menopausal... may take a bit longer for me)... but I feel slimmer, and that's motivating. And the clothes are looser. Anyway - enjoyed your post - and wish you a happy 100% OP day.

Glad to hear your recovery from last week's surgery is going well Chloe. Hope you have a great day.

[QUOTE=Chikara;4315360][QUOTE]

My goodness... that was a challenge! You were very resourceful. Kudos to you for figuring out a way to make that situation work, and stay 100% OP. It is hard for people to understand why something as inocuous as a little balsmatic vinegar - or a few carrots - or a little parmesan cheese - is 'out of limits' for us. I'd say that little white lie was an acceptable compromise to your tricky situation. Have a great day!

[QUOTE=KBig;4315384]GM IPeeps....

Wishing everyone weighing in .... great #'s !!! keep it OP ...

Good luck with WI #3! Have yourself a great day too! 100% OP of course!

I just need to keep doing what I am doing and stay the course. Miracles don't happen in two weeks and I did not put all this weight on in two weeks! You are so right - day by day. Thank you!

Thanks for those words of wisdom. I think that's going to have to be my mantra over the coming months, as I have a suspicion my weight loss is going to be slow, as I'm in menopause, etc. I keep reminding myself that I put it on over a period of years... and that at least each week I'm 100% OP I'm making progress in the right direction. It is definitely 'Day by Day'. Thank You!

I haven't yet turned into a miracle noodle fan - LOL - something about the texture - but I know it's 'in addition' to your normal IP packets/lean protein. As you said, pay attention to the serving size. Have a great day... and try not to get discouraged about the daily - or even weekly - progress... keep your eye on the long term goal. And also - stay off the scale! Checking your weight on a daily basis only leads to frustration and stress. It's strongly recommended not to weight yourself between your official WIs. Hide your scale.

I started a cleanse yesterday, and I think it must be the effects of that I'm noticing ... since yesterday afternoon, I've been feeling a little more tired than before, slightly upset tummy, slight headachiness... nothing drastic - just 'slight' symptoms. I guess it's the detoxing. So I'll remind myself to drink lots of water and plough through it. This too will pass.

Cheers to everyone here. Keep on trucking 100% OP and everyone have a great, healthy, happy day. :carrot:

P.S. - I see I haven't quite mastered this 'multi quoting' feature... oh well - I'm learning - I always wondered how you all did that, and finally noticed someone's post about the 'multi quote' button last night! :o It sure is useful.

Cadu
05-01-2012, 10:22 AM
Cadu,
I had the same train of thought yesterday. I started this diet just 10 days before you and here it is, 3 months (12 weeks) later and I just had WI 12. BTW, down 2.8 pounds this week for a total of almost 28 pounds.

Interestingly (at least for me) is that this past week I didn't workout at all. I had surgery last Wednesday and have spent the past week with my feet up - in my favorite swivel rocker. I usually workout 5 X/week w/ 2 different personal trainers in addition to walking my 3 dogs. (Note I have been training for over a year before starting this and simply turned down intensity when starting IP - need to do this for my back, etc.) Also started phase 2 last week. I stayed 100% OP except I did have an extra choc shake 3-4 X last week as I heard that it would be better for me given anesthesia, recuperation, etc. For me, -2.8 pounds is a pretty big weight loss. I'm 55, menopausal. Yet, from body composition perspective, body fat went up 1.1% and skeletal muscle went down .8% this week. These are purely anecdotal observations.

WHOOOO HOOOOOO on the 2.8 Chloe!!!!
So, you had a better weight loss without working out & adding more food in ????? that goes against all logic I have ever learned about losing weight.

Made it through our first official outing...but not without some fanfare.

LOL this made me laugh that you had to sneak your own chicken on the grill but good for you for going the extra mile to stay OP :cp:

GM IPeeps....

Wishing everyone weighing in .... great #'s !!!

keep it OP ...

Good luck today Kbig

Thanks Carol - I needed to hear this today. This is week 2 for me and while I feel good and I am sticking to the plan, I don't feel like I am being as successful this week as I was last week - BUT, it is only Tuesday and my WI is Saturday and I have 4 more days to go. I just need to keep doing what I am doing and stay the course. Miracles don't happen in two weeks and I did not put all this weight on in two weeks! You are so right - day by day. Thank you!

Hang with it, the weight does come off, sometimes it seems like it waits till the night before weigh in then WHOOSH.

try not to weigh everyday if you are getting discouraged with the numbers, they will fluctuate daily. and as sewingmama said miracle noodles are a bonus food.

Good morning everyone! Cadu, I was reflecting that today starts my second month and after one month down I can't remember when I didn't eat this way...

It's great aint it!! I hope you hit the 20!

Good Morning! Day 5 for me! I have a quick question. I cooked dinner for my family last night and I made chicken breast. I cooked them on the stove with olive oil and sea salt an pepper. After I finished them I put sliced green pepper and white mushrooms in the left over olive oil and sauted them. Is this okay? It tasted too good so I just wanted to be sure.

Have a great OP day everyone!!

I dont see why it would be a problem as long as there wasnt a ton of oil.

I went shopping this morning and I picked up big portabella mushrooms to use as hamburger buns.. thanks to 3sisters post & the delish looking picture and Molly's description of the texture. I am hoping that my taste buds have changed and I like them now. we will see.

momof2greatcats
05-01-2012, 10:34 AM
Good morning all!
My DH has bronchitis - really bad over the weekend, even ran a fever, and I think he passed his germs on to me - ack!
Starting with the cough, feeling crummy.
My WI is tomorrow - has anyone had experience being "sick" on IP and how that affects losses? I'm really hoping to break in to the 260s tomorrow...
Have a great OP day, everyone!!

prettyone
05-01-2012, 10:34 AM
[QUOTE=evepet;4315601]Good morning to you too, Prettyone. Have a great 100% OP day... I've been reading your posts, and admire your discipline and enthusiasm. [QUOTE]

Good Morning and thankd Evepet. Im really trying to make this journey work. I have tried so many things and I just want off these blood pressure meds. I think this has been the most challenging thing for me so far so good. I walked in the kitchen this morning to two boxes of donuts and continued to get my bottle of water and walked out. I keep telling myself this is not going to be easy, nothing in life is easy but I shall make it through. This site is great for inspiration and encouragement. I cant stay away:carrot:

sunshinered
05-01-2012, 10:53 AM
Just got back late last night from 8 days in the Caribbean, so beautiful! As planned, I was able to stay on plan, mixing in Phase 2 days throughout the week. Said no to rum punch, rum punch and more rum punch!
Weighed myself this morning and my weight stayed the same. I must admit, I am happy to be back home and to get back on Phase 2 and lose these last 15 pounds!

That sounds amazing. Where did you go in the carribbean? Good job on no rum punch. Skipping rum punch to get these kinds of results seems so worth it. Way to go.

mom3girls63
05-01-2012, 11:00 AM
Miracle noodles were mentioned in an earlier post. What are those? Where can I buy them? Thanks All!

3sisters
05-01-2012, 11:09 AM
I went shopping this morning and I picked up big portabella mushrooms to use as hamburger buns.. thanks to 3sisters post & the delish looking picture and Molly's description of the texture. I am hoping that my taste buds have changed and I like them now. we will see.

I hope you like it! One suggestion - use a good amount of your daily sea salt portion on this as it needs the extra salt for taste. I think lettuce, tomato, onion, WF ketchup, mustard and pickles sound WONDERFUL as toppings (of course, I didn't have any of that available except the mustard and sugar-free pickle relish) - any toppings would be good. Grill on high heat (or on a bbq grill), and really brown that portabella and afterward let it drain cap-side-up on a paper towel to soak up as much of the excess juice as you can - it's quite messy!

mlucas
05-01-2012, 11:13 AM
Miracle noodles were mentioned in an earlier post. What are those? Where can I buy them? Thanks All!

I personaly love them! I probably have them 2x a week. Google it! You can find there site there. My coach sells them some of them, and i have found another brand called "no noodle" pretty much the same. They are like a rice noodle! If you have ever had Pho.. it's alot like that. I love them.. and no not because i'm asian ;) They are amaze! :D

MaMaZu
05-01-2012, 11:30 AM
That sounds amazing. Where did you go in the carribbean? Good job on no rum punch. Skipping rum punch to get these kinds of results seems so worth it. Way to go.

We went to Saint Croix. It was our first time in the Caribbean and was as beautiful as we had heard it would be. Did lots of sailing and snorkeling, lots of bathing suit time, something I wouldn't have enjoyed several months ago!

sunshinered
05-01-2012, 11:38 AM
We went to Saint Croix. It was our first time in the Caribbean and was as beautiful as we had heard it would be. Did lots of sailing and snorkeling, lots of bathing suit time, something I wouldn't have enjoyed several months ago!

Sounds like a major NSV! I love the Caribbean! Thanks for sharing.

ferrousgal
05-01-2012, 11:47 AM
Every time I read "WF" I think Wells Fargo. LOL.

Day #1, just choked down the shake and am having some tea. Definitely looking forward more to lunch and dinner where I'll get real whole foods rather than trying to choke down an unnatural highly processed gritty drink. Well definitely be looking into Sewmam's options of just mixing the powder into a soup or veg mash or something.

Cadu
05-01-2012, 11:54 AM
I hope you like it! One suggestion - use a good amount of your daily sea salt portion on this as it needs the extra salt for taste. I think lettuce, tomato, onion, WF ketchup, mustard and pickles sound WONDERFUL as toppings (of course, I didn't have any of that available except the mustard and sugar-free pickle relish) - any toppings would be good. Grill on high heat (or on a bbq grill), and really brown that portabella and afterward let it drain cap-side-up on a paper towel to soak up as much of the excess juice as you can - it's quite messy!

Thanks for the tips. I am having them tonight so I will let ya know...

I personaly love them! I probably have them 2x a week. Google it! You can find there site there. My coach sells them some of them, and i have found another brand called "no noodle" pretty much the same. They are like a rice noodle! If you have ever had Pho.. it's alot like that. I love them.. and no not because i'm asian ;) They are amaze! :D

Mlucas.. love your new pic

Soootiff
05-01-2012, 12:20 PM
I'm SO sore today after doing Body Pum (weight lifting class) at the gym last night! Sore is good though! I think I'll back off of the class a bit or just do once a week for a bit. I need to think about it more. I want some muscle in my arms, etc. for summer, but I'm not sure that the class is the right approach right now.

Other than that, feeling very positive today and continue to stay OP.

I'm meeting my sister for lunch today and giving her a gift, which is a poem that requests her to be my matron of honor in my wedding. So excited to give it to her!

Hope everyone has a great, OP day!

Karen71
05-01-2012, 12:24 PM
Newbie here! Starting IP tomorrow. Any advice or what to expect on my first visit tomorrow. I can't tell you how excited I am to be on this journey with all of you. :carrot:

MaMaZu
05-01-2012, 12:27 PM

Mlucas, I made a pho of sorts with them, so yummy and felt super indulgent! Shrimp, bok choy, mushrooms, fresh ginger, mmmmm!

wuv2bloved
05-01-2012, 12:40 PM
OH MY GOODNESS what is with all the NEW threads opening?????.....I don't have time to read the daily chat yet will have to do it when I get back. Hope everyone has a great day!

usmcvet
05-01-2012, 12:56 PM

AWESOME:carrot:

DanafromAustin
05-01-2012, 12:57 PM
Happy May Day Everybody.

You are doing SO well for such a short time on the plan.

You surly get extra credit points for that one! :hug:
Good AM!

A few things...

I'm happy to hear you are getting such great responses and support from family and friends. This clothes issue can get pretty expensive for sure. I've given away SO many clothes as it seems for me about every 20 pounds I loose it's down another size. Since I don't work outside of the house I can keep my wardrobe very simple. I only buy the bare minimum when I go down to the next size. I also buy as cheap as I can, which generally isn't me. I stick to the outlet stores for now till I hit goal. I hear you on the shoe issue too. Like my husband always likes to tell me, "Women will buy shoes to keep other women from having them." ;)
Welcome back and great job on no weight gain!!
Thanks for those words of wisdom. I think that's going to have to be my mantra over the coming months, as I have a suspicion my weight loss is going to be slow, as I'm in menopause, etc. I keep reminding myself that I put it on over a period of years... and that at least each week I'm 100% OP I'm making progress in the right direction. It is definitely 'Day by Day'. Thank You!

I'm also on the other side of menopause (55yrs old) and I also worried about a slower weight loss. My coach told me the first time I met her that this shouldn't be an issue on IP. I think I have to agree with her for the most part since I've lost almost 85 pounds in 7 months. Now loosing the body fat is a different issue. That is painfully slow thanks to menopause.
Every time I read "WF" I think Wells Fargo. LOL.

Day #1, just choked down the shake and am having some tea. Definitely looking forward more to lunch and dinner where I'll get real whole foods rather than trying to choke down an unnatural highly processed gritty drink. Well definitely be looking into Sewmam's options of just mixing the powder into a soup or veg mash or something.
Hang in there and the hardest part is the first 3 to 4 days. Then the energy will start to come back. Loved your Wells Fargo thought as I use to think the same thing. LOL

0ojoyo0
05-01-2012, 01:01 PM
Today was day 1 and I had the chicken soup pouch for lunch. Well, I attempted to anyway. I think it took about 4 or 5 bites of me gagging after every bite before I gave up and threw it away. Does anyone have any tricks to doctor up the soup and get me through the rest of the week?

usmcvet
05-01-2012, 01:01 PM

http://www.miraclenoodle.com/

http://www.miraclenoodle.com/default.aspx

http://www.amazon.com/s/?ie=UTF8&keywords=miracle+noodles&tag=googhydr-20&index=aps&hvadid=3896986095&hvpos=1t2&hvexid=&hvnetw=g&hvrand=1471907738848884737&hvpone=&hvptwo=&hvqmt=e&ref=pd_sl_4854tdhady_e

DanafromAustin
05-01-2012, 01:10 PM
Well it's been an interesting morning for sure. I went for my weigh in this morning to talk to my coach about going to phase 3 for two weeks to shake things up as my weight loss has really slowed down and no weight loss according to my scale at all this week. I just really felt after 7 months of being 100% OP and having lost just about 85 pounds, that my body needed waking up again.

She was not crazy about the idea because she is worried that I won't be able to get back to phase 1 in two weeks. She did weigh me and sure enough no weight loss on her scale either. However she did measure my lean muscle and body fat, and I gained 2 pounds in muscle and lost 1 pound of body fat, which for me is a big deal because my body fat goes down VERY slowly. I also lost an inch. That was all good news, but I still have a gut feeling that I need to shake things up a bit to get the scale moving down again too. I also started doing the slow burn weight lifting technique at the gym this past week and I really think that will help get that body fat moving more also.

I did eat a phase 3 breakfast this morning, and I'm happy to say those foods weren't as wonderful as I remembered. I actually missed my morning bar. So, I'm doing this experiment for two weeks and hoping/praying that I'm right on what I think I need.

coffeebean
05-01-2012, 01:17 PM
Today was day 1 and I had the chicken soup pouch for lunch. Well, I attempted to anyway. I think it took about 4 or 5 bites of me gagging after every bite before I gave up and threw it away. Does anyone have any tricks to doctor up the soup and get me through the rest of the week?

I do not like the soups. I tend to stick with the beverages. You will find the protein you like and will have favorites.

shathom
05-01-2012, 01:19 PM
Happy May Day ladies,

I love reading the posts on this site, glad to be here. Thursday will be my third weigh in and I am feeling good about it. You guys motivate and inspire me.:carrot:

Will the inside of my mouth ever taste normal again, how long does ketosis last?

Lynnie63
05-01-2012, 01:20 PM
I'm at work, but just wanted to post this quickly.

My boss (who doesnt know I'm on this program) just came and offered me a cookie, when I said no, he told me to make the exception "just this once" and pretty much shoved the cookie in my face. I said no, I do not want the cookie.

In the past, I would have eaten the cookie, while telling myself I need to loose weight. They're not even that good - sugar from Subway.

btw - I was on the phone with my DH and he offered to come and beat him up.

Chloe222
05-01-2012, 01:26 PM
Made it through our first official outing...but not without some fanfare. We had a big family dinner and before hand I told my SIL that DH and I were on a restricted diet and we would bring our own food. She told me her DH would be upset so I snuck out to the grocery store and bought plain chicken, came back with it hidden in my purse then offered to BBQ the chicken for him because he was so busy. I am very happy that I stuck to my guns!

Chikara, That was an excellent strategy!! I will definitely remember it - its a good way to be sure that you can eat also and not offend anyone. Hmmm, has me thinking... I could tell the host at the next bbq that I'll bring something light and then bring my own pan pf chicken breasts and thighs, dressed in olive oil, S&P, garlic, enough to share with others of course plus a huge bowl of salad greens, dressed in all kinds of greens (cukes, celery, green peppers, scallions) and my own salad dressing. Bring food to share w/ all. If host says anything like Oh, didn't expect you to bring that, will just say I thought you'd have plenty of desserts so thought I'd do something else. Host will not mind...

Thanks for telling us about this. And congratulations on sticking to your guns on it!

Jag23
05-01-2012, 01:31 PM
So I had an appointment at my IP centre yesterdat. I was really looking forward to wiehing in and getting measured. I have to take a ferry to get to the Island from the Island I live on. Well,I get there at noon which is the time I was booked for,my coach is too busy because she is do a Pedicure. She runs a Spa plus this programn. She said she could do me in 1/2 hr. Well the problem is I had many things to do and a lawyers app for 2 pm in the City.
I left to get the things done I needed to and my husband got po's and said I need to find IP somewhere's else .This woman is just not doing enough for me.
So here I am today,on my own again,I do have enough packets for 6 days,but have to also find a better place that offers IP.
I need weekly weigh ins and measurements and also to have the encouragement of a qualified coach.
I hope I don't have to pay a start up with a new coach.
I have done really well,but need to get to maintenace. Help!

ProteinGal
05-01-2012, 01:32 PM

Which one were you eating, many don't like tomato or leek. I have a Healthmaster blender and add olive oil, sea salt and veggies like cauliflower, broccoli to them.

reread your quote, you had chic soup ;)

evepet
05-01-2012, 01:33 PM

I give the credit to Sewmam, because I got the tip from her... but it's much tastier when you steam and blend a cup of celery or zucchini or something in with it. I also add about 1 tbsp of dehydrated onion flakes & 1 tbsp of dehydrated parsley as well. Blend it well in my Ninja, pour into a big mug, and then reheat in the microwave just for 20 secs to ensure it's nice and hot. Grind a little black pepper on top. Makes it quite tasty. Soup fixed this way, plus a salad are my typical lunch meal now. Like you, I wondered how I was going to eat my stock pile of soups until I started doing this.

I do this for the tomato & basil soup too, but also add a tbsp of WF ketchup or their tomato & basil pasta sauce to it to 'beef up' the tomato flavor.

0ojoyo0
05-01-2012, 01:35 PM
Which one were you eating, many don't like tomato or leek. I have a Healthmaster blender and add olive oil, sea salt and veggies like cauliflower, broccoli to them.

It's the chicken soup. It was way too overprocessed to me and I still can't get the taste out of my mouth. I'm thinking I'll go ahead and add some veggies to the soup for tomorrows lunch.

ProteinGal
05-01-2012, 01:36 PM
So I had an appointment at my IP centre yesterdat. I was really looking forward to wiehing in and getting measured. I have to take a ferry to get to the Island from the Island I live on. Well,I get there at noon which is the time I was booked for,my coach is too busy because she is do a Pedicure. She runs a Spa plus this programn. She said she could do me in 1/2 hr. Well the problem is I had many things to do and a lawyers app for 2 pm in the City.
I left to get the things done I needed to and my husband got po's and said I need to find IP somewhere's else .This woman is just not doing enough for me.
So here I am today,on my own again,I do have enough packets for 6 days,but have to also find a better place that offers IP.
I need weekly weigh ins and measurements and also to have the encouragement of a qualified coach.

That just sucks when you have a coach like that, what would happen if you were 1/2 or hour late. Hope you can find a good coach soon.

0ojoyo0
05-01-2012, 01:38 PM
I give the credit to Sewmam, because I got the tip from her... but it's much tastier when you steam and blend a cup of celery or zucchini or something in with it. I also add about 1 tbsp of dehydrated onion flakes & 1 tbsp of dehydrated parsley as well. Blend it well in my Ninja, pour into a big mug, and then reheat in the microwave just for 20 secs to ensure it's nice and hot. Grind a little black pepper on top. Makes it quite tasty. Soup fixed this way, plus a salad are my typical lunch meal now. Like you, I wondered how I was going to eat my stock pile of soups until I started doing this.

I do this for the tomato & basil soup too, but also add a tbsp of WF ketchup or their tomato & basil pasta sauce to it to 'beef up' the tomato flavor.

That sounds much better! I'll give that a try.

reneepw
05-01-2012, 01:41 PM
ooJoy - my husband did this for me:
he strained out the noodles with a small strainer first. I 'cooked' the powdered part of the soup with the water and I added veggies (broccoli and peppers). After it simmered a few minutes, i simply poured the broth over the noodles. They didn't get quite so mushy that way. The soup isn't my favorite either.. hope that helps!
Renee

ProteinGal
05-01-2012, 01:46 PM

My boss (who doesnt know I'm on this program) just came and offered me a cookie, when I said no, he told me to make the exception "just this once" and pretty much shoved the cookie in my face. I said no, I do not want the cookie.

In the past, I would have eaten the cookie, while telling myself I need to lose weight. They're not even that good - sugar from Subway.

Your boss, what a jerk!

ProteinGal
05-01-2012, 01:48 PM
he strained out the noodles with a small strainer first. I 'cooked' the powdered part of the soup with the water and I added veggies (broccoli and peppers). After it simmered a few minutes, i simply poured the broth over the noodles. They didn't get quite so mushy that way. The soup isn't my favorite either.. hope that helps!
Renee

There are two chicken soups, one with noodles and one without, the plain chicken flavored is great. I guess a person could add more water to the new Chick a la King and make that out of a soup too.

mylastdiet
05-01-2012, 01:48 PM
Just back from WI#3. Down another 2 pounds. That's a total of 16.2 in just three weeks! I came home and made my favorite IP lunch - the herb omelet with mushrooms and chopped broccoli, seasoned with Tony Chacere's.

I got my first restricted packets to try. I got 1 chili, 1 spaghetti, and some chocolate soy puffs. I can't wait to try them!

0ojoyo0
05-01-2012, 01:51 PM
Renee

There are two chicken soups, one with noodles and one without, the plain chicken flavored is great. I guess a person could add more water to the new Chick a la King and make that out of a soup too.

The one I'm talking about does not have noodles. It's more like a cream of chicken soup. But thank you for all the help, I'll keep these in mind.

evepet
05-01-2012, 01:53 PM

Guess I should clarify that I've only been using the non-noodle variety of soups. If you're dealing with the noodled variety, then Reneepw's idea would work.

Lace and Levis
05-01-2012, 01:58 PM

I'm with you other than the new Chicken Noodle Soup I can't stand the other's. It was suggested that I could use the remaining soup mixes I have and make the bread/cracker recipes. I'm thinking I may do that today. I'll let you know how it goes.

My coach suggested I make a cabbage broth which will last for 4-5 days and add it daily to any of the soup mixes along with your preferred veggies. There are quiet a few in our office that love it this way. Personally, I prefer to use the cabbage and broth with my veggies for lunch minus the soup mix. Of course, if you don't use the soup packet be sure to have a protein packet of your choice such as your shake, RTD, pudding, etc.

Jag23
05-01-2012, 01:59 PM
Thanks Proteingal.........I am determined to keeping going. I am leaving for the East Coast in June for 4 mths and I need to be as close to maintainence as possible

Shepard N7
05-01-2012, 01:59 PM
Hello all,

Had WI#5 yesterday and am down another 4 pounds! While I know that this pace won't last forever, especially as I start to close in on my goal, I'm still amazed that I've been averaging 4 pounds a week. Love this diet!

:carrot:

LizRR
05-01-2012, 02:04 PM
I'm SO sore today after doing Body Pum (weight lifting class) at the gym last night! Sore is good though! I think I'll back off of the class a bit or just do once a week for a bit. I need to think about it more. I want some muscle in my arms, etc. for summer, but I'm not sure that the class is the right approach right now.

ME TOO!!! I took my 1st Bodypump class in 8 weeks on Saturday, Monday was the worst sore day for me - but I had also scheduled a massage for last night, so that was pretty nice! Going in for class #2 tonight @ 6:30 - I am going to do this for a 2-week experiment and see if there is any difference in the trend of my % lost.

Admittedly I've been very happy with my pounds lost, but am more interested in the percentages. About 28% of my losses so far have been muscle mass, just wondering if I can tweek that. I'm having a restricted snack before and my dinner after, along with a 4th snack after dinner planned. I've been a Bodypumper for years now, and I really enjoy the class - I am taking it extremely easy and being careful to record my weights used and how I'm feeling at each segment.

Part of me is apprehensive with the change - since "it ain't broke", but it's something I really miss and I want to keep up my muscle tone.

jenn04
05-01-2012, 02:18 PM
OMG i feel like I have won the lottert....... I found veggie cheese at Winn Dixie whooooooooooo

rvingprincess
05-01-2012, 02:37 PM
Just back from WI#3. Down another 2 pounds. That's a total of 16.2 in just three weeks! I came home and made my favorite IP lunch - the herb omelet with mushrooms and chopped broccoli, seasoned with Tony Chacere's.

I got my first restricted packets to try. I got 1 chili, 1 spaghetti, and some chocolate soy puffs. I can't wait to try them!

I tried the spaghetti it was pretty good, my husband really likes the chili.
Good luck.

LizRR
05-01-2012, 03:10 PM

OMG! I just had my first restricted (after starting Bodypump) and got the chocolate soy puffs....SO GOOD!

PBNJENNISANDWICH
05-01-2012, 03:15 PM
I'm just popping in to change my signature/tracker and say a quick hello. It's always amazing to see the differences in people since I rarely come on anymore. Lots of pounds lost and I love seeing progress photos! Keep up the good work everyone and have a great IP day!

BeansMama3
05-01-2012, 03:36 PM
I am new to this group, but very excited! I started IP on my own (with constant help from a few friends who are legit), April 16th. The first three days were tough but I love this way of eating! I have zero cravings! I started at about 217 (where I've been for about five years) and today I weighed in at 208. I feel good. I look forward to the journey.

Darralyn
05-01-2012, 03:40 PM
Originally posted by LizRROMG! I just had my first restricted (after starting Bodypump) and got the chocolate soy puffs....SO GOOD!

I am on week three and losing quite slowly so I guess this is why I haven't been offered restricteds yet. I hope they are not too good; I am afraid of binging! I love anything sweet even the IP puddings, yum! I used to binge on Atkins bars so am afraid...hopefully if these things are not filled with fat I can handle them!
I haven't weighed this week but sure feel the inches lost; I have gone down several clothing sizes since starting, so that has to be good!

Kaypix
05-01-2012, 04:10 PM
So I live in South Dakota, and I hear about people ordering Walden Farm products all the time and such, getting them from diabetic wholesale etc. ...
turns out my grocery store, HyVee, sells the single serve packets in a 6 pack! Thrilled!!!
http://i61.photobucket.com/albums/h45/pandoraeternity/Weight%20Challenges/WaldenFarmsSingleServe.jpg

Had to post, sorry, just found the jackpot of Walden Farm products and I'm having a hard time getting over it.

AND my sister in law is letting me borrow her mandalin (?) veggie slicer, so tonight I'm going to experiment making turnip chips...if it works I'll let ya'll know :)

IPdivajen
05-01-2012, 04:14 PM
Hi all! Just a quick pop in to say hello! Things have been so busy lately I haven't had much time to do anything!

Big day today - it's two months exactly since I started IP and when I weighed myself this morning I'm down 50.0 lbs. Insane! Now my first weigh in was at night with clothes and today's was this morning without but still - to see that number, right down to the .1 of a lb, was super cool. Yahooo!

Weigh in number 9 tomorrow night and I'm hoping the number sticks!

Thanks again for all the wonderful support these past two months! :)

Kaypix
05-01-2012, 04:15 PM
I remember being so impatient for the weeks to go by so I could see some significant weight loss but the time was going by so slowly, it was almost torture. I couldn't wait for my 1 week WI, then I couldn't wait for my 1 month WI

Huh, funny, I feel the EXACT same way :) Week one took 47 days according to my brain...funny how the calendar lied and said it was a measly 7 days, psch...I think as long as I'm 100% I'm going to be craving the look on that scale's "face" when I get to see the weight I dropped.

On a side note, we should have motivational scales. Losing weight, have it track where you are and pop up with encouraging phrases "Doing great!" , "keep it going!" ETc.... just a thought :)

For me, my day is crawling by. Last day of the semester, some grading to do, and my full time job is irking me today so I'm all "Meh" and such...going to try and make the turnip chips tonight...here's hopin :) Found a recipe online for them, doesn't use anything bad for me, very minimal. Going to make tiny batches so I can experiment and make one that works, then it'll be an epic veggie treat for while I'm watching tv!

2Poles1Girl
05-01-2012, 04:40 PM
I'm having such a great day :). I was able to make progress in my exercise program this morning, I enjoyed an all time favorite brekkie this morning (yep, Ph 3, Day 5), yesterday I had a really great visit with my "he's all grown up now" stepson....things are just on an up note and I'm happy in my heart.

On the hunt to buy jar of PB2 locally but I'm running out of possibilities. I did find another brand of powdered PB but... And no, we don't have a TJs..bummer.

Cadu
05-01-2012, 04:49 PM
Ok 3sisters.. I now know that I definetley do not like mushrooms. HA HA HA. it is the texture that gets me. Thanks for the idea though it really did look very delish. And my DH was happy to take them off my hands. He hasnt had shrooms in a long time cause if I dont like them... I dont cook them...

evepet
05-01-2012, 04:57 PM
Hi all! Just a quick pop in to say hello! Things have been so busy lately I haven't had much time to do anything!

Big day today - it's two months exactly since I started IP and when I weighed myself this morning I'm down 50.0 lbs. Insane! Now my first weigh in was at night with clothes and today's was this morning without but still - to see that number, right down to the .1 of a lb, was super cool. Yahooo!

Weigh in number 9 tomorrow night and I'm hoping the number sticks!

Thanks again for all the wonderful support these past two months! :)

Ahh:hug:, that's wonderful IPdivajen - you've done so well. Congratulations! And here's to the next 50 pounds that 'hits the road'.

ChaloJ
05-01-2012, 05:02 PM
I just had to share a little laugh...My son came with me to the grocery store where we bought some berry Mio for the first time. My five year old wanted to try it, so I squirted some into his water bottle. "Wow," he said. "This purple looks magical! I think I'll turn into a purple boy unicorn!....with lots of swords!"
Thanks, IP! I needed a laugh!

Momto2cs
05-01-2012, 05:03 PM

Other than that, feeling very positive today and continue to stay OP.

I'm meeting my sister for lunch today and giving her a gift, which is a poem that requests her to be my matron of honor in my wedding. So excited to give it to her!

Hope everyone has a great, OP day!

If you have been exercising regularly before ip I would encourage you to continue. You might notice a little more soreness for the first week or so, but it will resolve.

If you already have a good fitness level it seems a shame to let it go.

Exercise dies not help eith weight loss, but it does help with tone and stress relief.

I exercised my entire time on ip. Intensely. It may have slowed my losses a bit, but at the end I was toned and fit! Just make sure you have enough water and salt to avoid fatigue and cramping!

Momto2cs
05-01-2012, 05:07 PM
The one I'm talking about does not have noodles. It's more like a cream of chicken soup. But thank you for all the help, I'll keep these in mind.

Add mashed cauliflower, curry powder and chili powder. Delicious and no weird after taste

mlucas
05-01-2012, 05:10 PM
Mlucas.. love your new pic

O thank you! It's so silly I was shocked that i didnt look like Jaba the Hut, and was actually proud of how i'm looking! I apprieciate the kind words! :D

Mlucas, I made a pho of sorts with them, so yummy and felt super indulgent! Shrimp, bok choy, mushrooms, fresh ginger, mmmmm!

OMG I love Pho! Out here in ND they dont even know what it is! :( SO luckly i know how to make it.. but it just isnt the same! Love Pho! My fiance and I, i think we fell in love over Pho! lol But seriously... they are the perfect noodle for it... i like them way better than the rice noodle!

I'm happy to hear you are getting such great responses and support from family and friends. This clothes issue can get pretty expensive for sure. I've given away SO many clothes as it seems for me about every 20 pounds I loose it's down another size. Since I don't work outside of the house I can keep my wardrobe very simple. I only buy the bare minimum when I go down to the next size. I also buy as cheap as I can, which generally isn't me. I stick to the outlet stores for now till I hit goal. I hear you on the shoe issue too. Like my husband always likes to tell me, "Women will buy shoes to keep other women from having them." ;)

OMG that is hillarious! My fiance always walks by my shoe closet and flips them off! lol He hates my shoes! Probably cus when i wear them i tower over him.. but I dont care.. it's love! LOL But i'm with you.. i love fashion, and have always spent so much money on my clothes.. so I'm just gona have to break down and start buying cheap and making it work... i have even contimplated Walmart clothes. I'm not trying to sound snotty, but they are cheap and I dont plan on having them forever so i wont feel as bad when i have to give them away! :D

haddy4
05-01-2012, 05:17 PM
Happy May Day Everybody.

you are doing so good :carrot:

Momto2cs
05-01-2012, 05:19 PM
Did tenneils? Ever come back??

momof2greatcats
05-01-2012, 05:19 PM
I think they (or something just like them) is available at the Health Foods Unlimited store by the Dayton Mall. In the refrigerated section on the back wall if I remember correctly.

ferrousgal
05-01-2012, 05:28 PM
I noticed from the testimonials part of the IP site that there seems to be more South Dakota based testimonials than from anywhere else. I bet Hyvee has gotten a lot of requests.

So I live in South Dakota, and I hear about people ordering Walden Farm products all the time and such, getting them from diabetic wholesale etc. ...
turns out my grocery store, HyVee, sells the single serve packets in a 6 pack! Thrilled!!!
http://i61.photobucket.com/albums/h45/pandoraeternity/Weight%20Challenges/WaldenFarmsSingleServe.jpg

Had to post, sorry, just found the jackpot of Walden Farm products and I'm having a hard time getting over it.

AND my sister in law is letting me borrow her mandalin (?) veggie slicer, so tonight I'm going to experiment making turnip chips...if it works I'll let ya'll know :)

usmcvet
05-01-2012, 05:48 PM
Well it's been an interesting morning for sure. I went for my weigh in this morning to talk to my coach about going to phase 3 for two weeks to shake things up as my weight loss has really slowed down and no weight loss according to my scale at all this week. I just really felt after 7 months of being 100% OP and having lost just about 85 pounds, that my body needed waking up again.

She was not crazy about the idea because she is worried that I won't be able to get back to phase 1 in two weeks. She did weigh me and sure enough no weight loss on her scale either. However she did measure my lean muscle and body fat, and I gained 2 pounds in muscle and lost 1 pound of body fat, which for me is a big deal because my body fat goes down VERY slowly. I also lost an inch. That was all good news, but I still have a gut feeling that I need to shake things up a bit to get the scale moving down again too. I also started doing the slow burn weight lifting technique at the gym this past week and I really think that will help get that body fat moving more also.

I did eat a phase 3 breakfast this morning, and I'm happy to say those foods weren't as wonderful as I remembered. I actually missed my morning bar. So, I'm doing this experiment for two weeks and hoping/praying that I'm right on what I think I need.

I say listen to your 6th sense. Man I can't wait to say I've lost 84#s. Awesome!

3sisters
05-01-2012, 05:55 PM
Ok 3sisters.. I now know that I definetley do not like mushrooms. HA HA HA. it is the texture that gets me. Thanks for the idea though it really did look very delish. And my DH was happy to take them off my hands. He hasnt had shrooms in a long time cause if I dont like them... I dont cook them...

Oh shoot! Sorry :( My sisters hate mushrooms too - say they taste like dirty rubberbands! But if you like mushrooms, it's awesome!

YvetteSki
05-01-2012, 06:52 PM
Hello everyone, I haven't been on the site for a very long time but wanted to mention that Mio is now in Canada! I bought the 4 different flavors my walmart had. I am loving it. The mango peach is my favorite.

Chloe222
05-01-2012, 06:59 PM
CADU: WHOOOO HOOOOOO on the 2.8 Chloe!!!!
So, you had a better weight loss without working out & adding more food in ????? that goes against all logic I have ever learned about losing weight.

Cadu,
I totally agree w/ you...hmmm, lost more weight, ate a few extra proteins, took it very easy...no exercise, have to love this program!!

kmc1021
05-01-2012, 07:02 PM
Happy May Day Everybody.
I cant believe it is May already, and almost 40 pounds later (I am hoping to hit 40 tomorrow at WI) and all I can say is WOW that time flew by.y

WTG on the 40 lbs lost. I too can't believe it is May. Only 17.5 days of school left..UGH crunch time, which means super stress time for me.

It's interesting how people don't understand the journey that we are on. They say things like...."Oh I can't give up my pasta or rice" and I would never last on.."no chocolate or chips". I am not sure about anybody else but I was a "chip monster", no bag of chips would ever get away from me. Now 11 weeks in and I don't even care if my DH is eating them...I don't even want them anymore. My coach is thinking that I will be on maintenance by the end of May and 11 weeks ago that didn't even seem possible. Good Luck on today's successess.

Yeah on P2!! I thought I couldn't give up things. I have the mindset that I am not going to be alive tomorrow and I might as well enjoy my time here! I still feel that way and it makes me sad to think that if I do die tomorrow I won't have that last taste of cheesecake, but I am wanting a new me, and that is much more important to me.

My first day I too had the chicken soup. I literally had to plug my nose and guzzle it. I just stick to having my chocolate PB bar for lunch!!

In the past, I would have eaten the cookie, while telling myself I need to lose weight. They're not even that good - sugar from Subway.

I don't think I could have done that. I LOVE cookies and my favs are the ones from Subway. Good thing he wasn't my boss! Good for you on sticking to your guns.

Big day today - it's two months exactly since I started IP and when I weighed myself this morning I'm down 50.0 lbs.

WTG!!!

I love mushrooms, but they have to be cooked and I can't eat them alone. I wouldn't have the mushroom as my bun. I did have a burger today and used lettuce and it was yummy!

kmc1021
05-01-2012, 07:07 PM
Well I had WI 2 today. The results were very different and MUCH lower than last week. I lost 2lbs and 4" but you know what?? I LOST 2 POUNDS!! I am okay with that. My coach thinks it is because I need a cleanse but I don't think that is it. I might want to do the cleanse but not at $20 so I am going to look at what ya'll suggest for the big C in the other threads. I need to remind myself that with IR I was told it is virtually impossible to lose weight, so I will take my 2lb loss and move on.

One thing I didn't know what that I HAD to eat a salad every day. She said that is another reason why my loss was so low was because I didn't follow the plan. I thought it was optional. My bad.

sekc14
05-01-2012, 07:09 PM
I am so glad to hear this. Was wondering...Have a great day!

Me too!!! I went OP due to freaking about it. Also, I don't want to track food and time of eating more closely. It's too stressfull to be that into it.

Spring chic
05-01-2012, 07:19 PM
Weigh in #3 today and down ZERO. I had a good week OP so I guess my body is just taking a break or something. My coach said no restricted this week to get the losses going again. We will see what next week brings but it's going to be a long one with out my dill pickles zippers!

NewPath
05-01-2012, 07:42 PM
Happy May Day Everybody.

Thanks Cadu, just what I needed tonight : )

0ojoyo0
05-01-2012, 07:46 PM
Add mashed cauliflower, curry powder and chili powder. Delicious and no weird after taste

Thank you! I finally had the time to look through FinnSteven's recipes and found the one that suggested mixing cauliflower. I made it, took a little taste, and it was edible! I still can't get over the smell though :/ Oh well, I think I'll be able to eat it tomorrow without gagging too much.

0ojoyo0
05-01-2012, 07:49 PM
Weigh in #3 today and down ZERO. I had a good week OP so I guess my body is just taking a break or something. My coach said no restricted this week to get the losses going again. We will see what next week brings but it's going to be a long one with out my dill pickles zippers!

Did you get measured? I'm sure the inches are still coming off even if the scale doesn't move. Don't let it get you down, and better luck next week!

NewPath
05-01-2012, 07:50 PM
I noticed from the testimonials part of the IP site that there seems to be more South Dakota based testimonials than from anywhere else. I bet Hyvee has gotten a lot of requests.

OMG.....I am like a kid in a *&%##@! shop!
This picture makes me crazy excited!!!!!!
Is that sad?

wuv2bloved
05-01-2012, 07:57 PM
Hello everyone, I haven't been on the site for a very long time but wanted to mention that Mio is now in Canada! I bought the 4 different flavors my walmart had. I am loving it. The mango peach is my favorite.
Good to see you back around, how is your sister doing?

There has been so much going on here today that I would take 3 pages to respond to everyone. Great job on the WI'S Today...Congrats to everyone. Those that had low losses or zero just be patient it will come off....I PROMISE :)

Looks like everyone had an overall good day so that means we are all on the right track, just like I like to hear :)

NewPath
05-01-2012, 08:06 PM
So, it happened. I had a great, but long, day at school. (Teaching first grade does drain the brain...but it is soooo much fun!) However, I got home tonight at 6:30....I have been silently raging since. I think that I remember someone saying that the mood swings are a good sign.......? Well, if that is the case, I lost a lot of fat in the last hour. Such a moood!!!!! I do not usually get moody. My little bichon is even looking at me funny.
The suspected trigger? I walked in the door, and my son just simply said that he was hungry.(That is what he says all the time!!!) Tonight however, no, OMG......he learned tonight that perhaps that was NOT the best way to greet me, at least for a while! I guess this protocol is a bit more stressful than I am willing to admit.
I am fairly stressed from buying and preparing strange foods called vegetables. I am fairly stressed about my body "drying out from carbs."I am fairly stressed about peeing my pants in front of my little first graders. I am fairly stressed about my principal walking in to my classroom and finding me in the kids bathroom.....so I wouldn't pee myself. I am fairly stressed about drinking so much water that I have started to develop gills on my left cheek.
I am fairly stressed about losing all of this weight. I am fairly stressed about why I am so fairly stressed!!!!!!!!!
I am majorly stressed about why in the hello there are not more little smilies, on the right of this screen, that do not more accurately represent mood swings.
Do I sound thinner yet?!

Kaypix
05-01-2012, 08:09 PM
OMG.....I am like a kid in a *&%##@! shop!
This picture makes me crazy excited!!!!!!
Is that sad?

I can tell you that when I saw the shelf full of WF products I almost died. LoL, will take a full picture tomorrow and post up, was just there getting syrup for the ice-cream tonight so didn't think until I saw those individual packet thingies. :) totally thought you could only get them through ordering online :)

:carrot::carrot::carrot:

Kaypix
05-01-2012, 08:12 PM
Oh sweety, I think you need a long hot bath and some cocoa or something! (IP or WonderSlim brand naturally) DH always looks to me to cook dinner. My coworker who is doing this successfully has a DH who is cooking all her food and actually packing her lunches and stuff, said no one could do it without that kind of help...that irked the heck out of me. My students are closer to 20 year olds, but they have the same effect on me some days ;)

Hope your night mellows out, and yes you sound thinner already!

geoffiegirl
05-01-2012, 08:18 PM
Hey All!

Since I am quite new to this thread thing I want to say I love all your stories and events! Way to go all of you! I am starting week 4 and so far so good! I had my 3 WI yesterday and lost another 3.6 lbs! Not too bad, a loss is a loss! So I am now down 14lbs and roughly 10"! Go IP for sure.....and I love those chocolate drinks and White Cheddar Ridges...at least there is real cheese in them! LOL!

I can see what you guys are saying by having your clothing feel loose! It is a great feeling and I can't wait to go summer clothes shopping! It has been too long that I have been in the "L" and "XL" sizes and found it was time for a change!

I am in the miltary and still have to keep up with all the physical training, but my wondeful coach told me to have 4 IP packs s 3 to get enough protein in. So far it is ok.....
Keep on posting your wonderful success stories! I know we all can do it!!!!

wuv2bloved
05-01-2012, 08:19 PM
So, it happened. I had a great, but long, day at school. (Teaching first grade does drain the brain...but it is soooo much fun!) However, I got home tonight at 6:30....I have been silently raging since. I think that I remember someone saying that the mood swings are a good sign.......? Well, if that is the case, I lost a lot of fat in the last hour. Such a moood!!!!! I do not usually get moody. My little bichon is even looking at me funny.
The suspected trigger? I walked in the door, and my son just simply said that he was hungry.(That is what he says all the time!!!) Tonight however, no, OMG......he learned tonight that perhaps that was NOT the best way to greet me, at least for a while! I guess this protocol is a bit more stressful than I am willing to admit.
I am fairly stressed from buying and preparing strange foods called vegetables. I am fairly stressed about my body "drying out from carbs."I am fairly stressed about peeing my pants in front of my little first graders. I am fairly stressed about my principal walking in to my classroom and finding me in the kids bathroom.....so I wouldn't pee myself. I am fairly stressed about drinking so much water that I have started to develop gills on my left cheek.
I am fairly stressed about losing all of this weight. I am fairly stressed about why I am so fairly stressed!!!!!!!!!
I am majorly stressed about why in the hello there are not more little smilies, on the right of this screen, that do not more accurately represent mood swings.
Do I sound thinner yet?!

Yup I think you loss about 10lbs BUT with all of this stress your body will hold on. Try not stressing so much, I know its easier said than done but you have to try. Here is a suggestion for you....Try drinking like 32 oz before you leave the house in the morning then drink a little at lunch then when you get home drink the rest. Try to figure out a schedule, I leave the house in the morning then ride buses (tour buses) for 4 hours. I drink before I leave around breakfast, Pee....go to work then drink the rest when I get home Those bathrooms are NOT made to use if you ask me....my BUT* can barely fit in the door....lol....use some creativity....you can do this....how old is your son? can't he NOT fix his own food?.

evepet
05-01-2012, 08:27 PM
Do I sound thinner yet?!

I don't know whether your intention was to make us laugh... or not... but I was chuckling all through your 'I am fairly stressed abouts....' :D:D So many of the things you said ring absolutely true, and you have a real way with words... I can just picture you using the kids bathroom so you wouldn't wet your pants. I'm sure I have every bathroom on my normal errand route memorized... and I don't dare pass one for fear I don't make it to the next without a 'slip up'.
Hang in there... remember all this water flushing through is flushing out fat... and your mood swings are a Good Thing. Even though they don't feel like it.
:hug:

usmcvet
05-01-2012, 08:30 PM
Do I sound thinner yet?!

You sound much thinner! Stick to it. It is hard work but you are worth it.

NewPath
05-01-2012, 08:35 PM
Yup I think you loss about 10lbs BUT with all of this stress your body will hold on. Try not stressing so much, I know its easier said than done but you have to try. Here is a suggestion for you....Try drinking like 32 oz before you leave the house in the morning then drink a little at lunch then when you get home drink the rest. Try to figure out a schedule, I leave the house in the morning then ride buses (tour buses) for 4 hours. I drink before I leave around breakfast, Pee....go to work then drink the rest when I get home Those bathrooms are NOT made to use if you ask me....my BUT* can barely fit in the door....lol....use some creativity....you can do this....how old is your son? can't he NOT fix his own food?.

Wuv.....you nailed it! That is why I got so angry.....he can eat all he wants and yes, he can self-feed!!!!! My house is filled with enough food to feed his entire baseball team, for a week!
With regards to the H2O....I love water...even more so now. I have an hour commute each way......and I take diuretics for a vestibular disease...sooooo, school is the easiest place for me to get my water in(and out...hee hee) during the day, and then, yes, I do drink a lot at night.
My mood is now within the realm of the smilies!!!!
Thanks Wuv!

heycarrieann8
05-01-2012, 08:36 PM
Good morning all!
My DH has bronchitis - really bad over the weekend, even ran a fever, and I think he passed his germs on to me - ack!
My WI is tomorrow - has anyone had experience being "sick" on IP and how that affects losses? I'm really hoping to break in to the 260s tomorrow...

I had a HORRIBLE cold (sinus infection/bronchitis/double ear infection) during the 3rd and part of the 4th week of the program. I didn't lose that much weight during those weeks, but I think it was also due to the amount of inches I dropped during that time. I made sure to still get all of my water in, which was difficult since I wasn't up and about, but I think you should be great!

mylastdiet
05-01-2012, 08:37 PM
One thing I didn't know what that I HAD to eat a salad every day. She said that is another reason why my loss was so low was because I didn't follow the plan. I thought it was optional. My bad.

I hope others chime in here, but my coach says the salads are not required, that the unlimited lettuce is just a freeby to help you if you are still feeling hungry. I have lost just over 16 lbs in 3 weeks and have only had 1 salad (not crazy about the WF salad dressings).

My way of thinking, if it qualifies as a "freeby" and won't make you gain, then omitting it surely shouldn't keep you from losing.???

kmc1021
05-01-2012, 08:42 PM
Do I sound thinner yet?!

I teach kindergarten And I am in the bathroom at least once an hour. There have been times I almost didn't make it to the bathroom. I drink tons of water and with all the talking (and yelling) I do I can't not drink it all day. How much longer do you have left of school?

wuv2bloved
05-01-2012, 08:43 PM
Wuv.....you nailed it! That is why I got so angry.....he can eat all he wants and yes, he can self-feed!!!!! My house is filled with enough food to feed his entire baseball team, for a week!
With regards to the H2O....I love water...even more so now. I have an hour commute each way......and I take diuretics for a vestibular disease...sooooo, school is the easiest place for me to get my water in(and out...hee hee) during the day, and then, yes, I do drink a lot at night.
Thanks Wuv!
Well let him fend for himself for a few days. Make him cook his own dinner or snack or whichever it may be. He is taking you for grant, make him do it, then he will see you different. I say this because that is what I had to do with mine....he is 24....lol....now he don't tell me he is hungry cuz he knows he will eat MY food cuz I am NOT cooking for him....well sometimes I do....lol
I hope others chime in here, but my coach says the salads are not required, that the unlimited lettuce is just a freeby to help you if you are still feeling hungry. I have lost just over 16 lbs in 3 weeks and have only had 1 salad (not crazy about the WF salad dressings).

My way of thinking, if it qualifies as a "freeby" and won't make you gain, then omitting it surely shouldn't keep you from losing.???

Honestly I DO NOT eat the lettuce everyday. The ONLY time I usually eat it is when I go out to dinner. My coach has said it is necessary not mandatory but I just eat enough food and am not hungry for it

Kaypix
05-01-2012, 08:44 PM
So I got this recipe for baked turnip chips, and am in the process of baking them now...the recipe (actually a lady on tv) stated 20 minutes at 300...at which point they were still soggy...so I am being patient and keep turning them every 20 minutes after dropping the temp to 200 (don't want them babies to burn).

IF I succeed, I'll have something akin to potato chips that I can nosh on while watching DH play a video game...it's strange the things I do so I can feel "normal"...

Next up: If the chips work, find a way to grind them up and turn them into "breading" that I could use on Chicken etc. in place of crackers or other bread products.

Wish me luck! :twirly:
~Kara

NewPath
05-01-2012, 08:47 PM
I don't know whether your intention was to make us laugh... or not... but I was chuckling all through your 'I am fairly stressed abouts....' :D:D So many of the things you said ring absolutely true, and you have a real way with words... I can just picture you using the kids bathroom so you wouldn't wet your pants. I'm sure I have every bathroom on my normal errand route memorized... and I don't dare pass one for fear I don't make it to the next without a 'slip up'.
Hang in there... remember all this water flushing through is flushing out fat... and your mood swings are a Good Thing. Even though they don't feel like it.
:hug:

......best part of the story......my classroom has a bathroom in it. Right, so.....it is meant for the little ones. Before IP, I would rarely use the kids "loo". On occassion, I would have the need. I would tell the kids I was checking the paper towel dispenser......so they didn't know that I was
temporarily "out of commission" while I peed!!!!!
Well, 18 days into IP (funny I PEE!!!!!:lol::lol:) and my kids are on to me. Yesterday, one of my kids said, "You don't need to keep checking the paper towels, I told the janitor and he said that there was enough for a week in there!

Kaypix
05-01-2012, 08:49 PM
......best part of the story......my classroom has a bathroom in it. Right, so.....it is meant for the little ones. Before IP, I would rarely use the kids "loo". On occassion, I would have the need. I would tell the kids I was checking the paper towel dispenser......so they didn't know that I was
temporarily "out of commission" while I peed!!!!!
Well, 18 days into IP (funny I PEE!!!!!:lol::lol:) and my kids are on to me. Yesterday, one of my kids said, "You don't need to keep checking the paper towels, I told the janitor and he said that there was enough for a week in there!

LoL that kind of made my day :)

evepet
05-01-2012, 08:53 PM

I just checked the wording of my Phase 1 Plan sheet and it says for both lunch and dinner '2 cups vegetables + unlimited lettuce'. To me, it seems as if that 2 cups veggies can be fulfilled through a lot of different unrestricted (and restricted as allowed) veggies, and not necessarily including a salad. Most days I do end up eating a salad at least at either lunch or dinner, but I've never thought it was compulsory.

wuv2bloved
05-01-2012, 08:53 PM
So I got this recipe for baked turnip chips, and am in the process of baking them now...the recipe (actually a lady on tv) stated 20 minutes at 300...at which point they were still soggy...so I am being patient and keep turning them every 20 minutes after dropping the temp to 200 (don't want them babies to burn).

IF I succeed, I'll have something akin to potato chips that I can nosh on while watching DH play a video game...it's strange the things I do so I can feel "normal"...

Next up: If the chips work, find a way to grind them up and turn them into "breading" that I could use on Chicken etc. in place of crackers or other bread products.

~Kara

you could also use a restricted to coat your chicken, just don't use the WHOLE bag on it like the southwestern cheese curls or the pancake mix. just sayin :)

Here is something I just say on FB....

Chicken Nuggets (phase 1-4) serves 2
1 packet Ideal Protein Garlic & Onion Soy Nuts (crushed to bread crumb like consistency)
1/2 tsp sea salt
1/4 tsp pepper
4 tbsps Italian parsley, chopped or 4 tsp dried parsley
1 lb boneless, skinless chicken breasts
1/2 cup Walden Farms Mayo Spread
olive oil non-stick cooking spray
Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
Cut chicken into nuggets of uniform size. Mix garlic & onion soy nut crumbs with sea salt, pepper and parsley.
Add chicken to zippered plastic bag along with the mayo spread. Shake evenly to coat. Remove chicken and lightly dip in the crumb mixture.
Spray a wire or cooling rack with non-stick cooking spray and place on top of a lined cookie sheet. Arrange chicken on top of the wire rack and bake for 8-12 minutes. Serve immediately.
By: Windsor CBP Spine Center

NewPath
05-01-2012, 08:54 PM
I teach kindergarten And I am in the bathroom at least once an hour. There have been times I almost didn't make it to the bathroom. I drink tons of water and with all the talking (and yelling) I do I can't not drink it all day. How much longer do you have left of school?

I guess I could start looking at my need to "relieve" as a, well sort of, a break room!!!!! We go until June 15th.....I live in the good old Northeast! (I am glad...I would rather be on Phase 1(Boot Camp) while I am busy teaching!
(Don't you think they should have a water drop smilie...or maybe a peeing one!!!!!)

Diana B
05-01-2012, 08:55 PM
WI today, 3.6 lbs. and 3.5 inches! I expected maybe a 2 Lb. loss so was pleasantly surprised, but I'm happy with any loss ;)! Good luck to all of your WI this week!

evepet
.....one of my kids said, "You don't need to keep checking the paper towels, I told the janitor and he said that there was enough for a week in there!

LMAO.... smart azz little kid! LOL. Thanks for the laugh. I'll be thinking of you and your school kids as I run to the john tomorrow....... lol.

barbs

I really think coaches are so varied in their knowledge and skills. I learned far, far more from my own research and this forum than in any coaching session. Recommend you be straight up honest with your coach and discuss what is not working for you....this program costs too much to not have the support, time, and coaching you are paying for. This approach has helped me!

NewPath
05-01-2012, 08:58 PM
WI today, 3.6 lbs. and 3.5 inches! I expected maybe a 2 Lb. loss so was pleasantly surprised, but I'm happy with any loss ;)! Good luck to all of your WI this week!

Weigh to GOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!:carrot:

NewPath
05-01-2012, 09:01 PM
You sound much thinner! Stick to it. It is hard work but you are worth it.

I am worth it!!!!!

I am really liking that!

Thank You!!!:hug:

Soootiff
05-01-2012, 09:03 PM
On my way home I stopped by a small gluten free store that we have. Holy Walden Farms!!!! I got the "peanut butter spread" to have on celery and the French onion dip. Omg the French onion dip is amazing!!! I'll be having that on my salad now in place of the blue cheese dressing by them! The pb I'll have to try with something because plain it was not the best

NewPath
05-01-2012, 09:05 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by NewPath
Thanks Wuv!
Well let him fend for himself for a few days. Make him cook his own dinner or snack or whichever it may be. He is taking you for grant, make him do it, then he will see you different. I say this because that is what I had to do with mine....he is 24....lol....now he don't tell me he is hungry cuz he knows he will eat MY food cuz I am NOT cooking for him....well sometimes I do....lol

Wuv, I think that I will make him cream of brocc soup packet tomorrow night with a side of 2 cups of brocc and cauli!!!!!!!!!

WingnutandMe
05-01-2012, 09:06 PM
OMG I love Pho! Out here in ND they dont even know what it is! :( SO luckly i know how to make it.. but it just isnt the same! Love Pho! My fiance and I, i think we fell in love over Pho! lol But seriously... they are the perfect noodle for it... i like them way better than the rice noodle!

Hi,
Since you know how to make Pho, tell me how close this recipe seems. I love Pho and am hoping this IP-friendly recipe will be close. P.S. Love your new pic.
Molly

Vietnamese noodle soup

Preparation Time:10 minutes * * *Total Time: 20 minutes

Ingredients:
3 cups organic reduced sodium chicken stock
1 clove garlic, minced
1 tsp minced ginger
1/4 tsp cardamom
1- 7oz bag of Miracle Noodle Angel Hair Noodles
1 boneless, skinless chicken breast sliced crosswise into 1/8 slices
1 cup bean sprouts
2 scallions, sliced into 1/4 inch pieces
1 tsp chili sauce(optional)
1/2 lime, cut in half
1/4 cup chopped cilantro
1/3 cup of mushrooms-any variety (optional)
1 thinly slice chili pepper with seeds removed (optional)

Method
In a 3 quart saucepan, bring chicken stock to a boil over medium-high heat. Add garlic, ginger and cardamom and let simmer for 10 minutes.
In a colander rinse noodles with warm water for a couple of minutes, pat dry with a small hand towel or paper towel to remove excess water. Divide noodles into two bowls.
Add chicken to stock and let cook for 5 minutes(until completely cooked)
Pour soup into bowls over the noodles. Divide bean sprouts between 2 soup bowls then top each serving with half the scallions and chili sauce. Garnish bowls with a slice of lime and pieces of cilantro.

Kaypix
05-01-2012, 09:09 PM
you could also use a restricted to coat your chicken, just don't use the WHOLE bag on it like the southwestern cheese curls or the pancake mix. just sayin :)

Thank you so much for that :) I'm not on actual IP foods, ordering from Dietdirect so mostly Bariwise or Wonderslim, so I struggle finding what is "restricted", at this point avoiding anything I don't know for sure isn't worse than restricted.

Diana B
05-01-2012, 09:13 PM
Good AM!

A few things...

Awesome! I am also running out of clothes to wear, I went to Value Village today and picked up a couple of slacks, they are a little tight now but should fit in 3-4 weeks, got three tops too, the one I went to is pretty nice. I live in Washington State, the weather has been crazy the last couple of days, hopefully will be nice when you are here.....keep up the good work! :carrot::carrot:

wuv2bloved
05-01-2012, 09:13 PM
Thank you so much for that :) I'm not on actual IP foods, ordering from Dietdirect so mostly Bariwise or Wonderslim, so I struggle finding what is "restricted", at this point avoiding anything I don't know for sure isn't worse than restricted.

I am not familiar with those products but have you looked at the spreadsheet with alternatives compared to IP products? I added it here so that you can look at it....hope it helps :)

Diana B
05-01-2012, 09:21 PM
Good morning all!

I got some kind of bug about a month ago, didn't seem to affect my losses, just felt crummy...:mad:

jcjnjj
05-01-2012, 09:21 PM

~Kara

Good luck and if you find out how to make them crispy, let me know. I made my 2nd batch of Turnip fries tonight. They were in the over at 425 for almost 40 minutes...still not crispy.

NewPath
05-01-2012, 09:24 PM
I am not familiar with those products but have you looked at the spreadsheet with alternatives compared to IP products? I added it here so that you can look at it....hope it helps :)

Wuv, I am incredibly touched that you went "above and beyond" to share the SS, yet again.... with a fellow 3FC IP Mate. Even though I am just a babbling Newbie, I have noticed how you help so many people, every day.....in every way! You are awesome.:carrot:

One day, when I know what I am doing, I will help others, as you do!!!!!

(Trying to figure out whether I would rather be on a tour bus, or trying to get 18 kids to focus!!!!! I will let you know when I come to a decision!)

Diana B
05-01-2012, 09:28 PM

What I do is blend my soups with cooked cauliflower and red, green or yellow peppers, gives it substance and much better to get down. You can add less water, more cauliflower and have "mashed potatoes", I never eat my soup as is anymore.:smug:

wuv2bloved
05-01-2012, 09:36 PM
Wuv, I am incredibly touched that you went "above and beyond" to share the SS, yet again.... with a fellow 3FC IP Mate. Even though I am just a babbling Newbie, I have noticed how you help so many people, every day.....in every way! You are awesome.:carrot:

One day, when I know what I am doing, I will help others, as you do!!!!!

(Trying to figure out whether I would rather be on a tour bus, or trying to get 18 kids to focus!!!!! I will let you know when I come to a decision!)

I like helping people who are trying to take control of their lives as I have. All you have to do is ask and I usually have it....lol ...and if I don't I will get it :) so never be afraid to ask :)

NewPath
05-01-2012, 09:38 PM

Sewmam,
I hope that you had a wonderful day! I love that you go to bed early and wake with the birds. That is so healthy. I am so in awe of what you accomplish on most days. (I kind of wish you would rest...just a tad more!)
I saw two cardinals resting on my deck this evening......that is where the true beauty is.)
Good night busybee, sleep well : )

Chloe222
05-01-2012, 09:44 PM
http://www.miraclenoodle.com/

http://www.miraclenoodle.com/default.aspx

http://www.amazon.com/s/?ie=UTF8&keywords=miracle+noodles&tag=googhydr-20&index=aps&hvadid=3896986095&hvpos=1t2&hvexid=&hvnetw=g&hvrand=1471907738848884737&hvpone=&hvptwo=&hvqmt=e&ref=pd_sl_4854tdhady_e

I buy miracle noodles from www.iherb.com, they are $2.38/pkg and have free shipping for US orders > $20. I also buy my sweet leaf liquid stevia from them in chocolate, english toffee, vanilla creme, hazelnut, etc. and use those to flavor my coffee, puddings, shakes, etc.

Chikara
05-01-2012, 09:47 PM
oh my! These stories made me laugh!! Just what I needed...started the day out feeling happy and full of energy and by tonight I was hungry and cranky and mad at everyone in the house... like PMS every night.

Chloe222
05-01-2012, 09:53 PM
I'm with you other than the new Chicken Noodle Soup I can't stand the other's. It was suggested that I could use the remaining soup mixes I have and make the bread/cracker recipes. I'm thinking I may do that today. I'll let you know how it goes.

My coach suggested I make a cabbage broth which will last for 4-5 days and add it daily to any of the soup mixes along with your preferred veggies. There are quiet a few in our office that love it this way. Personally, I prefer to use the cabbage and broth with my veggies for lunch minus the soup mix. Of course, if you don't use the soup packet be sure to have a protein packet of your choice such as your shake, RTD, pudding, etc.

Lace, not to sound dumb but how do you make cabbage broth? Just boild cabbage in water? And is the point to extend the soup into a bigger meal then? Sounds healthy.

Sonyasbug
05-01-2012, 09:55 PM
I got my ticker! Almost as exciting as the -2.2 lost this week. Not as good as the previous weeks but I'm still happy with -16 in 3 weeks. And 20 inches. I couldn't have been as will powered strong if it weren't for all of you. Thanks!

NewPath
05-01-2012, 09:59 PM
I got my ticker! Almost as exciting as the -2.2 lost this week. Not as good as the previous weeks but I'm still happy with -16 in 3 weeks. And 20 inches. I couldn't have been as will powered strong if it weren't for all of you. Thanks!

YaY on the weight loss and your ticker!!!!!
How did you know that you got your ticker?

Diana B
05-01-2012, 10:04 PM
On my way home I stopped by a small gluten free store that we have. Holy Walden Farms!!!! I got the "peanut butter spread" to have on celery and the French onion dip. Omg the French onion dip is amazing!!! I'll be having that on my salad now in place of the blue cheese dressing by them! The pb I'll have to try with something because plain it was not the best

Which store is it..? I live close enough to Seattle to go check it out. I go to Fred Meyer, and Albertsons has a very small selection of WF, would like to check out other places.

Sonyasbug
05-01-2012, 10:05 PM
YaY on the weight loss and your ticker!!!!!
How did you know that you got your ticker?

You have to have been a member for 20 days and post 20 times. I kept track, I was excited. Silly, I know, this is my journey!

Kaypix
05-01-2012, 10:05 PM

Thanks so much :) Bariwise and Wonderslim are very similar, I'll use this to make sure that I'm not getting sucked into uber bars.

I'm eating my protein shakes/bars 3 x per day, 4 cups veggies, getting my meds, salt and oil, so far haven't had any extra snacks during the week, but when I'm getting upset I notice it's hard to not snack. I'm holding on tough though, so here's hoping' I make it to next week.

Mom2Four2011
05-01-2012, 10:06 PM
Well, Ladies and Gents-
Today was a BIG day for me.........I have finally made it to ONEDERLAND!!! It has been almost 9 years since I have seen a 1 at the beginning of my weight!! So excited!!!:)

Chloe222
05-01-2012, 10:11 PM
I am on week three and losing quite slowly so I guess this is why I haven't been offered restricteds yet. I hope they are not too good; I am afraid of binging! I love anything sweet even the IP puddings, yum! I used to binge on Atkins bars so am afraid...hopefully if these things are not filled with fat I can handle them!
I haven't weighed this week but sure feel the inches lost; I have gone down several clothing sizes since starting, so that has to be good!
I am careful w/ restricteds and rarely have them. I bought a bunch for an upcoming vacation though.

This may sound horrible but give it a try: mix WF BBQ sauce with WF whipped peanut butter and spread think in celery ribs for a snack. I think its pretty nice. In the beginning I was not a WF fan, but taste buds change.

Volly
05-01-2012, 10:15 PM
WI # 4 and only down 1 pound, but I feel good about how my week went. I am 100% OP, and I expect next week to be a show better results! Always positive! :)

Chikara
05-01-2012, 10:21 PM
Btw I love your strength symbol!

Thanks!! I lived in Japan for several years and have always loved that kanji. It means strength and power. I think I may even get a little tattoo of it somewhere when I reach goal! :sumo:

haddy4
05-01-2012, 10:27 PM
Well, Ladies and Gents-
Today was a BIG day for me.........I have finally made it to ONEDERLAND!!! It has been almost 9 years since I have seen a 1 at the beginning of my weight!! So excited!!!:)

Congrats..that is so awesome..:carrot:

jcjnjj
05-01-2012, 10:32 PM
Well, Ladies and Gents-

WAY TO GO!!!

wuv2bloved
05-01-2012, 10:33 PM
Thanks so much :) Bariwise and Wonderslim are very similar, I'll use this to make sure that I'm not getting sucked into uber bars.

I'm eating my protein shakes/bars 3 x per day, 4 cups veggies, getting my meds, salt and oil, so far haven't had any extra snacks during the week, but when I'm getting upset I notice it's hard to not snack. I'm holding on tough though, so here's hoping' I make it to next week.
Try chewing some gum, that is what I do when I wanna snack

Kaypix
05-01-2012, 10:44 PM
Try chewing some gum, that is what I do when I wanna snack

Will do :)

Lace and Levis
05-01-2012, 10:52 PM
Lace, not to sound dumb but how do you make cabbage broth? Just boild cabbage in water? And is the point to extend the soup into a bigger meal then? Sounds healthy.

You can use cabbage (wedge or cut up, I've done both), water and spice to your taste. I usually add: seasalt, pepper, dried crushed red peppers. I've also used chicken broth instead of the water with the cabbage.

I've been told it helps with the taste of the soups, but I use it as a base with my different veggies. Just for something different for lunch.

If you like cabbage it goes well as a side dish with dinner.

CkM
05-01-2012, 11:45 PM
I cant wait for my ticker too:)

Soootiff
05-01-2012, 11:52 PM
Which store is it..? I live close enough to Seattle to go check it out. I go to Fred Meyer, and Albertsons has a very small selection of WF, would like to check out other places.

I actually live north of Seattle. I went to Janell's gluten free market in Everett on Evergreen way :)

Tinawebb
05-01-2012, 11:55 PM
WI #9, down 3 more pounds. So close to the 30 lb mark. Should make it next week. Woohoo

Samba
05-01-2012, 11:57 PM
WI #9, down 3 more pounds. So close to the 30 lb mark. Should make it next week. Woohoo

Wow! Congrats on another great weigh in!:)

Diana B
05-02-2012, 12:26 AM
I actually live north of Seattle. I went to Janell's gluten free market in Everett on Evergreen way :)

Thanks, I live South of Seattle, in Kent.

sunshinered
05-02-2012, 11:06 AM
OMG i feel like I have won the lottert....... I found veggie cheese at Winn Dixie whooooooooooo

and drum roll please.....how does it taste?