Exercise! - Pole Dancing - How many calories are burned!

IronKitty
04-30-2012, 08:33 PM
Does anyone know how many calories are burned during 1 hour of pole dancing??
I take two 1hr 15 min of classes a week, one level 2 class the other pole conditioning class (kicks my *** in the best way possible).
I have recently started calorie counting and would really like to know how many calories are burned in a moderately intense class.

Also would recommend pole dancing to anyone remotely interested.....its AMAZING!

Thanks

ddc
04-30-2012, 09:40 PM
The only real way to know would be to wear a heart rate monitor (the kind with a chest strap) to figure out the best guestimate for calories burned.

I say don't worry about the numbers and just have fun! :)

RainbowWimsii87
04-30-2012, 10:14 PM
Ah I'm so jealous lol. I was interested in that, but no classes offered in a driving range where I live haha. :).

IronKitty
04-30-2012, 11:01 PM
The only real way to know would be to wear a heart rate monitor (the kind with a chest strap) to figure out the best guestimate for calories burned.

I say don't worry about the numbers and just have fun! :)

Thanks.
Unfortunately wearing a heart rate monitor is not possible for me. I love pole dancing so the fun aspect is always there, but an estimate of calories lost is super helpful for calorie counting.

IronKitty
04-30-2012, 11:03 PM
Ah I'm so jealous lol. I was interested in that, but no classes offered in a driving range where I live haha. :).

It is amazing!!! I heard there was online courses that can be taken too.

lm3898
05-01-2012, 11:46 AM
I would google it to get an idea - here is one result that came up:

http://www.fitnessblender.com/v/article-detail/Dancing-Calories-Burned-by-Type-How-many-Calories-does-Dancing-Burn/c8/

Here’s a breakdown of approximate expenditure for each type; all estimation ranges are calculated for individuals weighing between 120-190 lbs. Actual figures will fluctuate according to variables such as weight, muscle mass, gender, and intensity or effort put forth. PER HOUR:

Pole dancing calories burned – Along with building strength, you can burn between 250 and 350 while partaking in this popular workout trend.

mandalinn82
05-01-2012, 11:50 AM
I don't know, but it was definitely a workout when I tried it. And oh, SUCH a good arm and thigh strength training exercise!

berryblondeboys
05-01-2012, 11:57 AM
Now that is one exercise I cannot imagine myself doing. The mental image has me laughing at myself!

mandalinn82
05-01-2012, 12:14 PM
Berryblondeboys - I thought that too, and actually got dragged as part of a bachelorette party. It was really fun, though!

IronKitty
05-01-2012, 05:36 PM
I would google it to get an idea - here is one result that came up:

Here’s a breakdown of approximate expenditure for each type; all estimation ranges are calculated for individuals weighing between 120-190 lbs. Actual figures will fluctuate according to variables such as weight, muscle mass, gender, and intensity or effort put forth. PER HOUR:

Pole dancing calories burned – Along with building strength, you can burn between 250 and 350 while partaking in this popular workout trend.

Thanks so much! I'll probably just put it at 300 if I cant find more acurate numbers

IronKitty
05-01-2012, 05:37 PM
Berryblondeboys - I thought that too, and actually got dragged as part of a bachelorette party. It was really fun, though!

SO much fun!!! I recommend it to everyone!!