Weight Loss Support Give and get support here!

Old 04-30-2012, 01:13 PM   #1  

Default Wedding coming up... yeah.

I'm invited to my friend's wedding in two weeks. She was my best friend and moved away when I was twelve. She's always been beautiful and naturally, even back then, I was kind of fat. Do you think that when I go see her family for the first time in years, they're just going to see someone who's wicked wicked fat? It's her day and all the attention will be on her, but I'm still nervous about seeing her again and what she'll think.
Bethedee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2012, 01:29 PM   #2  
Back with a story

S/C/G: 281 / 254 / 160

Height: 5'3" - I got taller!

Well I suppose it is a matter of perspective - given I'm short and my high weight is in the 270's, I'd never consider 200-210 'wicked fat' on most people, though definitely heavy. If you were good friends with her and her family, likely everyone will just be happy to see you. They might notice, in a peripheral way, that you have gained weight. But nobody is going to fixate on that fact like we, ourselves, do. Don't sweat it.

I went to my brother's wedding in the mid-190's and looked gorgeous. People commented, and then the attention was on the bride and groom and I was just another joyous spectator. Dress nicely, wear your confidence like a beautiful mantle, and let the day proceed. I am sure the bride will capture all the attention and you'll just be an enhancement to her joy by showing up
Arctic Mama is offline   Reply With Quote