Ideal Protein Diet - IP Daily Chat Monday April 30th 2012

usmcvet
04-30-2012, 08:18 AM
Welcome back to the Daily Chat thread - post your plans for today, share what's been happening, ask questions!

:welcome3:

Some forum lingo:
NSV = Non-scale victory
TOM = time of the month
WI = Weigh-in
WF = Walden Farms
OP = on program

Bookmarking:
Ideal Protein Sub-forum Home page
Consider making it a bookmark or a favorite in your browser so you can come back easily to get your RDA of Ideal Protein information.
Ideal Protein Sub-forum Home Page (http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/ideal-protein-diet-236/)

Information for newbies:
Check the sticky page for lots of good information and please read before asking what might be a frequently asked question here in the daily thread: Information on Ideal Protein phases (1-4), recipes, newbie guide, FAQ, and other important threads. (http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/ideal-protein-diet/238801-ip-ultimate-list-recipes-faq-newbie-guide-other-important-threads.html)

Tickers and Signatures:
There are 2 requirements to have access to signatures and tickers. You must have been a member of 3fatchicks for 20 days AND posted at least 20 messages anywhere on the 3fatchicks forum. When you've met those requirements check The Ultimate Signature and Ticker Thread (http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/announcements-forum-help/203435-ultimate-one-stop-signature-ticker-thread-read-here-if-you-have-questions.html)for more information and instructions.

Quoting:
The best quoting tip (http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/announcements-forum-help/203435-ultimate-one-stop-signature-ticker-thread-read-here-if-you-have-questions.html)- EVER!! Thanks Rosie, aka 6710.

Searching:
If you can't find what you're looking for in this forum using the website search function, try using the "double search" using Google.

1) Go to google.com. Search 3fatchicks by using the term site:3fatchicks.com at the end of your google search.

For example, if you want to look for "big mac in a bowl", type "big mac in a bowl site:3fatchicks.com" in google search. No need to inlucde the quotation marks when you type.

2) This will bring up the page that you are looking for, now hit Ctrl+F to search on that page. Type "big mac in a bowl" and all instances of that search term will be highlighted.

Progress photos:
have been moved to the Mini-Goal Photo Album. (http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/mini-goals-201/)

Other helpful links related to the Ideal Protein diet:
Dr. Tran Tien Chanh's website (http://www.trantiendiet.com/site/spip.php?rubrique19)

Dr. Tran Tien Chanh's book (PDF file): The Unbalanced Diet Approach to a Slimmer You

usmcvet
04-30-2012, 08:19 AM
I hope you all have a great day. Just finished breakfast with the kids. Working a split today, bringing the kids to school then off to work.

Chloe222
04-30-2012, 08:24 AM
Hello Everyone!

I can't begin my day w/o being online here first checking in with my Ipeeps!

I wish all of you a great day, stay strong on IP, and enjoy the journey!

jcjnjj
04-30-2012, 08:27 AM
Maybe we can fix this for tomorrow's thread but the "Quoting Tip" doesn't go to Rosie's post about quoting and the link to Dr. Tran's book (pdf) isn't there anymore.
I only noticed because I'm a newbie and am reading everything these days.

3sisters
04-30-2012, 08:32 AM
Morning everyone! Challenging weekend with a shower on Saturday and a birthday party on Sunday, and stayed 100% OP! Just kept telling myself "cheating is not an option"......filled up on more veggies and water! :)

NSV - got a few "you're really looking good" comments (no one knows I am doing IP). Yay! It's not just me noticing ;)

Have a great day everyone.

KBig
04-30-2012, 08:41 AM
GM IPeeps.... Happy Monday. I had an awesome weekend. I havent been "out" on the town in about 6-7 months.... went out to a party at an art gallery ... hadd oodles of fun ..... the best part was getting notice for the weight loss. Back to the Monday Grind.

Keep it OP peeps...

mom3girls63
04-30-2012, 08:43 AM
Good Morning All! It is a beautiful Monday here. Week Two check-in: All is going well. This morning I made the dark chocolate drink with a little almond extract and crushed ice and it was delicious!

Thankfully, I am having no problem getting all my water in. I did have trouble with the veggies yesterday, but will try harder today. One thing my counselor told me was that I MUST get in all my snacks. I was having trouble last week getting in the evening snack. So, that is my goal this week - SNACK!

The cravings for pasta, bread and pizza are going away - slowly - but still going away. When you lose 6 pounds in one week, that is motivation to keep going!

EVERYONE have a wonderful day! :)

Sewmam
04-30-2012, 08:47 AM
Good morning everybody! It's a rainy, cold morning here. We do need the rain though...the creek had been dry for a good 9 months...

I finished painting the inside of my enclosed back porch. Today I move things around there to organize a bit, then probably back down to the basement. It has two rooms, and the one is clean but the other has tons of construction and painting supplies that need sorting.

No rest for me! But, I think I'll do some cooking too. Got some fresh rhubarb yesterday so I'll make more flat bread, and try some other new recipes as well.

Hope you all have a great Monday and enjoy!

mtnsun4
04-30-2012, 08:55 AM
Back to the grind today! I am anxious at what the day at work will bring after being at a conference all week. I have issues with anxiety so I really need to watch this today. I have my lunch bag packed with all my daily food so I am set!!

Hope everyone has a super day......I am hoping to check in tonight! Thank you for all who gave me supportive comments upon my return on Saturday. It was so nice to come home to, and one of the reasons it has been a great process getting back OP!

Manda Marie
04-30-2012, 08:59 AM
I WILL BE 100% OP this week. :) I will.

Today was week 4 weigh in....I only lost 2 pounds since last week. But, "only" is relative. :) Overall I've lost 14 pounds and 24 inches in 4 weeks. I am very happy.

1. My TOM was a week late. I'm right in the midst of it now, and I feel like it has affected my pounds lost for two weeks. Has anyone else experienced this?
2. I have always had big calves, so I asked my coach to measure them as well. When I report my inches lost in includes:
Chest
Arm
Waist
Hips
Thigh
Calf
What does everyone else use?

Happy Monday! Good luck to all.

28 Days and feeling good. :)

ProteinGal
04-30-2012, 09:07 AM
Very excited, going for WI #4 at 9am. Last week when I got home from my wi, I took the batteries out and told dh to hide that damn metal thing with numbers on. So my WI's will be surprises for me from now on. I feel like I lost this week, I can feel my hip bones and those two little pouches of fat under the breast are gone ;) Will let you know my results when I get back. Oh yes, going to go grocery shopping and dentist appt' later this afteroon too.

Have a great day all!

evepet
04-30-2012, 09:11 AM
Good morning to everyone. I'm starting a cleanse today. Have pondered about it for the last couple of weeks, and decided to go ahead. I've read it's recommended to do this after approximately the first month on the program - I'm about to begin Week 6. There seems to be a fair amount of conflicting opinion about whether or not these are ultimately helpful... but I've decided to go ahead. If I can help my body flush out more fat & toxins, then so-be-it.

Should be an otherwise uneventful day at CasaEvepet. Business and life much as usual. If I get feeling energetic, I may lug the old soil from my balcony containers to a nearby patch of empty lot and dump it there, to start getting things ready for planting seeds in a few weeks time. It's heavy of course, so I'll definitely be using some muscles in the process. I'm 90% sure I'm going to concentrate on having a veggie container garden with just a few flowers this summer. Might as well grow things I can eat. :D I like growing things and gardening, so it will be a fun - and edible - hobby for me. :D

OK - my timer just dinged - I took my morning 'cleanse' pill 1/2 hour ago, and now it's time for my breakfast and some black decaf coffee.

Everyone have a great 100% IP Day. I'll be for sure checking in later. (I'm addicted.... ) :) At least this is a helpful addiction.

evepet
04-30-2012, 09:16 AM
Good morning everybody! It's a rainy, cold morning here. We do need the rain though...the creek had been dry for a good 9 months...

I finished painting the inside of my enclosed back porch. Today I move things around there to organize a bit, then probably back down to the basement. It has two rooms, and the one is clean but the other has tons of construction and painting supplies that need sorting.

No rest for me! But, I think I'll do some cooking too. Got some fresh rhubarb yesterday so I'll make more flat bread, and try some other new recipes as well.

Hope you all have a great Monday and enjoy! Sounds like another busy day for you Sewmam. I certainly do respect your discipline, to get on with these jobs and progress towards your goal. I do know from my own home-selling experience, that there's nothing like wanting to get your house ready to sell at it's best to inspire those get-it-done-no-matter-what days.

I know you posted your recipe for the rhubarb flatbread, but I've lost track of where it might be. Now that I've got some rhubarb in stock, I'd love to try it. I believe it's Phase 1 appropriate? If you don't mind, could you post it again... or is it archived somewhere now? Thx.

Darralyn
04-30-2012, 09:17 AM
Good morning everyone. I just want to wish everyone a wonderful Monday and that you all stay 100% OP. It sounds like everyone is getting ready for the week and so am I. See you later.....

DanafromAustin
04-30-2012, 09:24 AM
I WILL BE 100% OP this week. :) I will.

Today was week 4 weigh in....I only lost 2 pounds since last week. But, "only" is relative. :) Overall I've lost 14 pounds and 24 inches in 4 weeks. I am very happy.

1. My TOM was a week late. I'm right in the midst of it now, and I feel like it has affected my pounds lost for two weeks. Has anyone else experienced this?
2. I have always had big calves, so I asked my coach to measure them as well. When I report my inches lost in includes:
Chest
Arm
Waist
Hips
Thigh
Calf
What does everyone else use?

Happy Monday! Good luck to all.

28 Days and feeling good. :)
My chest, waist, butt and thigh are measured every week. I've lost 50 inches so far.

momof2greatcats
04-30-2012, 09:25 AM
Good Morning All! It is a beautiful Monday here. Week Two check-in: All is going well. This morning I made the dark chocolate drink with a little almond extract and crushed ice and it was delicious!

Thankfully, I am having no problem getting all my water in. I did have trouble with the veggies yesterday, but will try harder today. One thing my counselor told me was that I MUST get in all my snacks. I was having trouble last week getting in the evening snack. So, that is my goal this week - SNACK!

The cravings for pasta, bread and pizza are going away - slowly - but still going away. When you lose 6 pounds in one week, that is motivation to keep going!

EVERYONE have a wonderful day! :)
The drink w/ almond extract sounds great - will have to try that combo.
And yes, the weight loss is an EXCELLENT motivator to keep OP!! Those cravings will fade.
I do my "evening" snack at about 3-4 pm, then do dinner at about 7 or so.

Very excited, going for WI #4 at 9am. Last week when I got home from my wi, I took the batteries out and told dh to hide that damn metal thing with numbers on. So my WI's will be surprises for me from now on. I feel like I lost this week, I can feel my hip bones and those two little pouches of fat under the breast are gone ;) Will let you know my results when I get back. Oh yes, going to go grocery shopping and dentist appt' later this afteroon too.

Have a great day all!
Good luck on your WI!! I'm noticing that my "back roll" is getting noticibly smaller - soon it will be GONE! Isn't it exciting to see the changes? :-)

My WI is on Weds this week instead of Tuesday - I'm ~just~ going to have enough packets as it's 8 days instead of 7, but I had a few extra packets in my basket at home. I think I might get 28 packets/4 mixed boxes this week just so I don't have that "I'm running out of food choices" feeling again if my WI gets pushed back a few days...

Have a great OP day, everyone!!

girlpower79
04-30-2012, 09:28 AM
Good Morning Everyone,

I am back I was only here a short time before then went on vaca and will be back as of tomorrow. I am picking up my pkgs tonight.

On average how much would you say you lose in 4 weeks ... also do you happen to know how many inches in 4 weeks?

It would be great to see this from real people on the board..rather than reviews that might not be real.

I am looking forward to the clean eating ... and water :)

I only find the weekends really hard if people are eating poorly and having cocktail hours!!

Thanks!

Cadu
04-30-2012, 09:32 AM
Happy Monday Everybody!

Yesterday my sister came over to help out for the shower, when she saw me she said "OMG look how skinny you are" & then later she said "I just cant stop looking at you, I cant believe how good you look". That made me feel good.

Anyway, getting ready to do stuff around the house today. Just wanted to wish everyone a great OP day.

Chikara
04-30-2012, 09:51 AM
Hi everyone. DH and I just started on IP this past Friday. So far so good. I love all the support on here and the recipes. What amazing success stories. I bought several WF products because I love to cook so anything that adds more flavour is a plus for me. FinnSteven's recipes have really inspired me to get creative.

I have some friends who have had amazing success on this diet but they warned me about a few things and I wanted to get some other opinions:

1. If you get creative with your recipes including using WF products have you found that you lose less on those weeks? A friend mentioned she lost less on the weeks where she got creative than when she stuck to the plain IP packs/veggies and kept it simple.
2. I am a huge DavidsTEA fan and although their teas claim they are 0 cal, 0 fat, and 0 sugar... my coach said to be careful of fruit teas...many have pieces of apple, strawberries, chocolate, coconut etc. I see on here that many of you drink fruit teas so I want to make sure I can drink these and not throw myself out of ketosis.

I look forward to joining your chats and posting our progress.

Dakin
04-30-2012, 09:56 AM
Good morning IP family!

*~F*I~~N**A'*L~'L~Y*~ I seem to have gone down a pant size! I fit into a pair of jeans yesterday that I hadn't been able to get over my thighs in years.
I'm still wearing my 14's to work, but I'm needing a belt and beginning to look like a bit if a misfit! Also, according to my home scale (yes, I cheated a peek this morning) I think I'll be officially in the 150's at next weigh in!!!

Now to read about everyone's day....

Keep smiling everyone!

Ducksmy
04-30-2012, 09:57 AM
Good Morning,
Kinda drab here this am! Kinda of cool, but supposed to be really warm this week, which will help with the old RA !

I have been doing 3 meals with no snacks, except the one at night, so today I am trying to eat every 3-4 hours, pickles, veggies etc. Lets see if that whips this hungry feeling in the butt.
Lots of water, and get moving!
Wishing everyone joy today! :flow2:

Jag23
04-30-2012, 10:00 AM
Good morning.........I need some help.........Could someone or more of you bebome mu buddy? I find myself losing motivation and since I have been at least 4 weeks or nore not getting weighed,I have been cheating. Even difficult for me to admit that and actually write it. My goal was 147lbc,I did see 18 one morning......I weighed myself this am and it showed 155lbs.

Today I am going to the clinic and I pray to get back totally OP.....I feel I need someone here to make me more accountable..........I want to be finished P1 by the end of May,cause I leave for Nova Scotia for 4 mths.
Have a great day IPers........You are the best

LSJ100
04-30-2012, 10:00 AM
Hi everyone! Just checking in to catch up and say hello! I am now banning myself from this site until I get home this evening because I must get something done today and I'm too addcited. Have a great day everyone!

CkM
04-30-2012, 10:06 AM
Hey everyone! Day 4 for me! I am starting to feel energy early in the day :) LOVE IT!! Have a great OP day everyone!

salmongirl
04-30-2012, 10:07 AM
Cadu, I am so happy that you are getting noticed, it feels so good and is the best motivator! The shower will be great!

Just checking in, I hope everyone has great weigh-ins and a 100% day!

mlucas
04-30-2012, 10:26 AM
Warning...TMI!!!

SO I had an intersting sunday... after "baking cookies" (we like to call it) with my fiance, at this point i only had a shake for breakfast and it was past lunch time but umm.. when it comes to "baking cookies" everything else can wait (at least for me lol) So after wards, i was a bit dizzy and and well i almost blacked out in the shower! So my awesome fiance got me a shake and made me drink it while i was on my knees in the fetal position, buck and drippin wet and shaking! I told my girl friend i probably looked like a drug through the mud puddle cave lady! But after about 10min i was no longer shaking and could go on about my day... SO lesson learned! Dont skip a meal! Keep "activities" lol light! lol

But here's the thing.. i still feel a little light headed and woozy, i'm on P2 (phasing to main. for vaca) but i find it hard to have that much meat 2x a day so i find myself reverting to P1 for lunch every other day. Is that causing this?

jaymeskelt
04-30-2012, 10:28 AM
Good Morning Everyone, today is day 3 for me. Having a slight headache but not near as tired as I was over the weekend. Hoping for a good week!

ProteinGal
04-30-2012, 10:36 AM
Good morning to everyone. I'm starting a cleanse today. Have pondered about it for the last couple of weeks, and decided to go ahead. I've read it's recommended to do this after approximately the first month on the program - I'm about to begin Week 6. There seems to be a fair amount of conflicting opinion about whether or not these are ultimately helpful... but I've decided to go ahead. If I can help my body flush out more fat & toxins, then so-be-it.

Hi eve, my coach mentioned this to me last week too, will be starting as soon as I get home from my wi, good luck!

wuv2bloved
04-30-2012, 10:40 AM
Maybe we can fix this for tomorrow's thread but the "Quoting Tip" doesn't go to Rosie's post about quoting and the link to Dr. Tran's book (pdf) isn't there anymore.
I only noticed because I'm a newbie and am reading everything these days.

Welcome back to the Daily Chat thread - post your plans for today, share what's been happening, ask questions!

:welcome3:

Some forum lingo:
NSV = Non-scale victory
TOM = time of the month
WI = Weigh-in
WF = Walden Farms
OP = on program

Bookmarking:
Ideal Protein Sub-forum Home page
Consider making it a bookmark or a favorite in your browser so you can come back easily to get your RDA of Ideal Protein information.
Ideal Protein Sub-forum Home Page (http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/ideal-protein-diet-236/)

Information for newbies:
Check the sticky page for lots of good information and please read before asking what might be a frequently asked question here in the daily thread: Information on Ideal Protein phases (1-4), recipes, newbie guide, FAQ, and other important threads. (http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/ideal-protein-diet/238801-ip-ultimate-list-recipes-faq-newbie-guide-other-important-threads.html)

Tickers and Signatures:
There are 2 requirements to have access to signatures and tickers. You must have been a member of 3fatchicks for 20 days AND posted at least 20 messages anywhere on the 3fatchicks forum. When you've met those requirements check The Ultimate Signature and Ticker Thread (http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/announcements-forum-help/203435-ultimate-one-stop-signature-ticker-thread-read-here-if-you-have-questions.html)for more information and instructions.

Quoting:
The best quoting tip (http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/announcements-forum-help/203435-ultimate-one-stop-signature-ticker-thread-read-here-if-you-have-questions.html)- EVER!! Thanks Rosie, aka 6710.

Searching:
If you can't find what you're looking for in this forum using the website search function, try using the "double search" using Google.

1) Go to google.com. Search 3fatchicks by using the term site:3fatchicks.com at the end of your google search.

For example, if you want to look for "big mac in a bowl", type "big mac in a bowl site:3fatchicks.com" in google search. No need to inlucde the quotation marks when you type.

2) This will bring up the page that you are looking for, now hit Ctrl+F to search on that page. Type "big mac in a bowl" and all instances of that search term will be highlighted.

Progress photos:
have been moved to the Mini-Goal Photo Album. (http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/mini-goals-201/)

Other helpful links related to the Ideal Protein diet:
Dr. Tran Tien Chanh's website (http://www.trantiendiet.com/site/spip.php?rubrique19)

Dr. Tran Tien Chanh's book (PDF file): The Unbalanced Diet Approach to a Slimmer You (http://www.trantiendiet.com/site/IMG/pdflivre_Dr_Tran.pdf)

swimcoachmomma
04-30-2012, 10:59 AM
The drink w/ almond extract sounds great - will have to try that combo.
And yes, the weight loss is an EXCELLENT motivator to keep OP!! Those cravings will fade.
I do my "evening" snack at about 3-4 pm, then do dinner at about 7 or so.

Good luck on your WI!! I'm noticing that my "back roll" is getting noticibly smaller - soon it will be GONE! Isn't it exciting to see the changes? :-)

My WI is on Weds this week instead of Tuesday - I'm ~just~ going to have enough packets as it's 8 days instead of 7, but I had a few extra packets in my basket at home. I think I might get 28 packets/4 mixed boxes this week just so I don't have that "I'm running out of food choices" feeling again if my WI gets pushed back a few days...

Have a great OP day, everyone!!

funny you should mention the back roll. of all the things that have changed on my body in the last 6 months, I think I am happiest with the appearance of my back, of all things. it is CURVY. of course, there is no obvious dangling skin there so that may be part of it. lol.

Kat2500
04-30-2012, 11:03 AM
I am almost thru my first week on the IP program. When I am out I find it hard to remember to take the supplements. How do you keep all of that straight. I am hoping when this all becomes more routine that I will not forget to take the supplements or use the salt.

Any suggestions would be welcome.

Thank you.

wuv2bloved
04-30-2012, 11:04 AM
Good morning.........I need some help.........Could someone or more of you bebome mu buddy? I find myself losing motivation and since I have been at least 4 weeks or nore not getting weighed,I have been cheating. Even difficult for me to admit that and actually write it. My goal was 147lbc,I did see 18 one morning......I weighed myself this am and it showed 155lbs.

Today I am going to the clinic and I pray to get back totally OP.....I feel I need someone here to make me more accountable..........I want to be finished P1 by the end of May,cause I leave for Nova Scotia for 4 mths.
You have LOTS of buddies here!!....WE will ALL hold you accountable!....having a week moment come and post someone will be here to get you through it!

Hi everyone! Just checking in to catch up and say hello! I am now banning myself from this site until I get home this evening because I must get something done today and I'm too addcited. Have a great day everyone!
I feel you on this!.....I usually work from home so I am always on here but now I have to start riding the buses I manage daily and will not be at my computer...driving me nuts!....I now have the site on my phone so that I can keep up....lol.....YES i AM ADDICTED AS WELL!

Warning...TMI!!!

SO I had an intersting sunday... after "baking cookies" (we like to call it) with my fiance, at this point i only had a shake for breakfast and it was past lunch time but umm.. when it comes to "baking cookies" everything else can wait (at least for me lol) So after wards, i was a bit dizzy and and well i almost blacked out in the shower! So my awesome fiance got me a shake and made me drink it while i was on my knees in the fetal position, buck and drippin wet and shaking! I told my girl friend i probably looked like a drug through the mud puddle cave lady! But after about 10min i was no longer shaking and could go on about my day... SO lesson learned! Dont skip a meal! Keep "activities" lol light! lol

But here's the thing.. i still feel a little light headed and woozy, i'm on P2 (phasing to main. for vaca) but i find it hard to have that much meat 2x a day so i find myself reverting to P1 for lunch every other day. Is that causing this?
ummmmm......you have an intense session of baking cookies.....lol....if you are still feeling dizzy up your salt your BP and electrolytes are probably still low....you used up too much energy baking cookies....lol
Good Morning Everyone, today is day 3 for me. Having a slight headache but not near as tired as I was over the weekend. Hoping for a good week!
Have you done the salt trick to get rid of your headache? put sea salt in the palm of your hand lick it off then drink water....15-20 mins and it should be gone :)

Good morning everyone, I started the new challenge for May-June.

http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/ideal-protein-diet/258017-ideal-protein-spring-challenge-may-june.html
Woke up this morning SWEATING....the AC went out. Right now its 80 degrees in the apartment...GRRRRR...not a good thing and its not even summer yet. Hope everyone has an amazing Monday!

swimcoachmomma
04-30-2012, 11:09 AM
Warning...TMI!!!

never heard it called baking cookies before!!! LOL. you got the lesson- dont skip meals. after an episode like that it may take a while to feel normal. I have been dizzy since day one with any change in position and figured out i just need to get up slowly and get my water and eat regularly.

Anyway, I phased out to P3 for surgery and found i had trouble getting in the added protein at lunch as well. IMO a phase one lunch now and then wont mess things up. Try going with a lighter protein, like 2 hard boiled eggs or fish rather than a red meat. My hubby is on maintenance and still will have a shake and veggies for lunch every few days. no harm IMHO. but as always, discuss with your coach.

2Poles1Girl
04-30-2012, 11:19 AM
Warning...TMI!!!

SO I had an intersting sunday... after "baking cookies" (we like to call it) with my fiance, at this point i only had a shake for breakfast and it was past lunch time but umm.. when it comes to "baking cookies" everything else can wait (at least for me lol) So after wards, i was a bit dizzy and and well i almost blacked out in the shower!

Just one question.... Does he have a single brother?? :rofl:

0ojoyo0
04-30-2012, 11:27 AM

Or 2?

skinnybride2be
04-30-2012, 11:30 AM
Good Morning Everyone! Just started my week three, hoping to loose 3lbs this week. I'm so excited that one of my very tight pants was loose this morning!!! Progress! Hoping that I can keep the momentum up and keep loosing before my wedding dress fitting!

Have a great day everyone!

prettyone
04-30-2012, 11:33 AM
Good Morning All,

Hope everyone has a good week and stay 100%. Have a good day

evepet
04-30-2012, 11:33 AM
I am almost thru my first week on the IP program. When I am out I find it hard to remember to take the supplements. How do you keep all of that straight. I am hoping when this all becomes more routine that I will not forget to take the supplements or use the salt.

Thank you.

For me, meal time is supplement time. Having the meal becomes my reminder. My Phase 1 Diet Plan (which I keep posted on my refrigerator door) tells me to take 1 Natura Multi-Vita & 1 Natura Potassium-Calcium pill with breakfast. No supplements are called for at lunch (unless you take additional stuff)... but you do need your sea salt at that meal. And at Dinner time I take 1 Natura Cal-Mag & 1 Natura Multi-Vita, as per the sheet.. again with sea salt on my dinner. With my '15 minutes before bed' protein snack I take 2 Natura Cal-Mag. If you eat breakfast at home, just remember to take the am supplements then - ditto your Dinner and 'before bed' supplements. If you're not at home when you eat your meals, maybe get a little pill case so you can have the supplements you require on hand when you need them? It's also handy to have a stash of a couple of packets of protein, couple of WF salad dressings, some stevia or whatever sugar substitute you use, plus a small container of sea salt in a baggie in your purse at all times - just in case. Once you establish the routine it becomes a habit.

fam4me
04-30-2012, 11:35 AM

Thank you.

I was having a hard time remembering and my coach told me I could take them all at once. I usually put my pills for the day in a baggie so I know if I have taken them or not. I also use the liquid fish oil and was having a hard time, and she suggested adding a bit of my drink mix to the fish oil and now it is very easy to get down.

Sewmam
04-30-2012, 11:52 AM
Warning...TMI!!!

Oh my! Be careful! I'm glad your fiance was there. I would look at your blood sugar and blood pressure. I actually passed out once and it was blood pressure, so we dropped my meds and it hasn't happened since. I also get oogy if I don't eat something every 3 hours, low blood sugar.

It is alot of meat, and I rarely eat the full portion. IP says that our bodies can process close to all of the protein in a packet, but we process less of the protein in meat (can't remember the percentage). I don't think that is what is causing the light headedness though. Was this happening before Phase 2?

SaraBean
04-30-2012, 11:58 AM

Thank you.

I have two alarms set on my watch to remind me :)

ProteinGal
04-30-2012, 12:00 PM
I'm so happy, just got back from WI #4, I lost 5.8 pounds and 4.5". Going to have my breakfast and start the 21 day cleanse. {kicking my heals}!

evepet
04-30-2012, 12:06 PM
I'm so happy, just got back from WI #4, I lost 5.8 pounds and 4.5". Going to have my breakfast and start the 21 day cleanse. {kicking my heals}!

Great WI! Congrats. :)

GemIAm
04-30-2012, 12:10 PM
Happy Monday after a crazy weekend!
My DD had 1st 4H horse show and my DS had prom (& me...I had LOTS of subway salads with no dressing while on the run)! Sunday we "care-leased" a new horse so now our herd is up to 3. He is an adorable little grey arab. My Hubby & I went on a date on Sunday, so fun to fit into "cute clothes" and look at myself in the mirror and KNOW that I look good!

Have a great day all!

mlucas
04-30-2012, 12:24 PM
ummmmm......you have an intense session of baking cookies.....lol....if you are still feeling dizzy up your salt your BP and electrolytes are probably still low....you used up too much energy baking cookies....lol

Yeah it was pretty intense...usually is lol :D I didnt even think abou the salt! And ya know i was kinda craving it last night too. Like i needed to add more to my food... didnt even dawn on me! I will def. do that today! :D

never heard it called baking cookies before!!! LOL. you got the lesson- dont skip meals. after an episode like that it may take a while to feel normal. I have been dizzy since day one with any change in position and figured out i just need to get up slowly and get my water and eat regularly.

Anyway, I phased out to P3 for surgery and found i had trouble getting in the added protein at lunch as well. IMO a phase one lunch now and then wont mess things up. Try going with a lighter protein, like 2 hard boiled eggs or fish rather than a red meat. My hubby is on maintenance and still will have a shake and veggies for lunch every few days. no harm IMHO. but as always, discuss with your coach.

Good idea, i think i will try that instead. I didnt think it would make that much of a dif. but i guess i was way wrong lol Thanks!

No he doesnt :( My girlfriends asked me that too. It's funny I kept him a secret for a long time because he's 8 years younger than me. And I didnt want anything more from him just the cookies! But he was persistant and one day i just realized... Da*nit.. i like him and then i had to come out of the closet lol. But all my gf's were so funny about it... now they are all trying to go younger too LOL

Oh my! Be careful! I'm glad your fiance was there. I would look at your blood sugar and blood pressure. I actually passed out once and it was blood pressure, so we dropped my meds and it hasn't happened since. I also get oogy if I don't eat something every 3 hours, low blood sugar.

It is alot of meat, and I rarely eat the full portion. IP says that our bodies can process close to all of the protein in a packet, but we process less of the protein in meat (can't remember the percentage). I don't think that is what is causing the light headedness though. Was this happening before Phase 2?

I would get dizzy a bit after i worked out, but i was working out way too hard, i cant get the work out to protein ratio down so i just said screw working out for now. But once i phase in to 3 I'm going to start again. :D
But yeah i remembered that too... so i figured it wouldnt be such a bad thing if i did a packet everyonce in a while instead of the full meat... i will talk to my coach about it and see what she says! :D

Sewmam
04-30-2012, 12:27 PM

Thank you.

My memory is so bad that I use weekly pillboxes, one for each meal and snack. Then, at least I know if I forgot. You can also get single day pillboxes that you can throw in your purse.

Good luck!

prettyone
04-30-2012, 12:45 PM
Quick question: Not sure what happened I was so excited about my 10 lbs first WI not for some reason Im down. Not sure what is going on, Im hard on myself thinking my next WI wont be good (not sure why). I've stayed OP but Im just wondering is the mood thing normal, its not PMS that is gone. LOL.

LizRR
04-30-2012, 12:51 PM
Quick question: Not sure what happened I was so excited about my 10 lbs first WI not for some reason Im down. Not sure what is going on, Im hard on myself thinking my next WI wont be good (not sure why). I've stayed OP but Im just wondering is the mood thing normal, its not PMS that is gone. LOL.

Lucky us, women store estrogen in our fat - so as we burn off fat the estrogen gets released into our bloodstream. This is why you'll experience some mood swings, crazy TOM, and failed birth control (if you take the pill - double up your protection!). So it's good you are moody - it means you burned off fat!

prettyone
04-30-2012, 12:53 PM
Lucky us, women store estrogen in our fat - so as we burn off fat the estrogen gets released into our bloodstream. This is why you'll experience some mood swings, crazy TOM, and failed birth control (if you take the pill - double up your protection!). So it's good you are moody - it means you burned off fat!

Thanks LizzRR, I was googling and it said that the mood change is one way to know your burning fat. I was just making sure I wasnt about to short circuit LOL j/k. But I was like ok Im cold and moody and my TOM was like last week so its not that. :carrot: the fat is burning lol. Thanks

usmcvet
04-30-2012, 01:01 PM
Back to the grind today! I am anxious at what the day at work will bring after being at a conference all week. I have issues with anxiety so I really need to watch this today. I have my lunch bag packed with all my daily food so I am set!!

Hope everyone has a super day......I am hoping to check in tonight! Thank you for all who gave me supportive comments upon my return on Saturday. It was so nice to come home to, and one of the reasons it has been a great process getting back OP!

We are glad you're back and that you packed lunch. I'm eating my big salad now.

Happy Monday Everybody!

Yesterday my sister came over to help out for the shower, when she saw me she said "OMG look how skinny you are" & then later she said "I just cant stop looking at you, I cant believe how good you look". That made me feel good.

Anyway, getting ready to do stuff around the house today. Just wanted to wish everyone a great OP day.

Cadu, that is awesome! Keep up the good work.

My memory is so bad that I use weekly pillboxes, one for each meal and snack. Then, at least I know if I forgot. You can also get single day pillboxes that you can throw in your purse.

Good luck!

Sewmam

I put my IP pills in my daily pill box too. I'm close to 100% on my morning pills and 75% on my nightly pills. I'm working on getting better. The AM/PM box helps and I have a plastic baggie in my lunch box with IP supplements too.

Warning...TMI!!!

SO I had an intersting sunday... after "baking cookies"

:o

I almost passed out at the water park last Wednesday. I had to sit down and drink water. I did not think about how humid it was in there. I hit the water twice as hard the next day. Soooo remember your water before "baking cookies" too next time.

Sewmam
04-30-2012, 01:04 PM
I would get dizzy a bit after i worked out, but i was working out way too hard, i cant get the work out to protein ratio down so i just said screw working out for now. But once i phase in to 3 I'm going to start again. :D
But yeah i remembered that too... so i figured it wouldnt be such a bad thing if i did a packet everyonce in a while instead of the full meat... i will talk to my coach about it and see what she says! :D

I am embarrassed to say the original meaning of 'baking cookies' went right over my head!!! I'm such a dolt! I'm still glad you are okay, but all I can say is...'carry on!' ;)

cmk33
04-30-2012, 01:14 PM
Hi Everyone! There are so many NSV and SV all over the board today, congrats to all!

WI#9 today, down another 2.6 pounds! That is almost 30 pds so far!

Had a chat with my coach, if anyone remembers last week I had a different coach that I didn't know, and she is going to make sure she sees me. I am so relieved, I have such a hard time reveling my weight to a stranger, face to face, it causes me some serious anxiety.

I am going to be out of town next Monday, WI day, and we discussed skipping a week or changing days. Decided I can handle skipping a week without it leading me down a road of cheats. So 100% on plan I will continue and check in here regularly to help keep my motivation. I also joined the new challenge!

Thank you all for your support!

northernfawn
04-30-2012, 01:15 PM
Morning everyone! Challenging weekend with a shower on Saturday and a birthday party on Sunday, and stayed 100% OP! Just kept telling myself "cheating is not an option"......filled up on more veggies and water! :)

NSV - got a few "you're really looking good" comments (no one knows I am doing IP). Yay! It's not just me noticing ;)

well done and congrats on the comments :)

Chloe222
04-30-2012, 01:16 PM

3Sisters,
Great that you stayed OP! It is hard when all around are eating and drinking tasty things. I had 2 social events this weekend (evening events) and both times I made sure I had eaten dinner and 1/2 of my evening snack before I stepped out the door. That's what saves me. I "eat" very lightly at the social events - push a little salad around my plate and have water that I flavor w/ the Mio I have at all times in my purse. It works and no one really notices I'm not eating.

Congrats on the NSVs!!

Happy Monday Everybody!

It's great your sister said that and can honestly support you that way. Sometimes its hard for siblings to do that. My own sisters do not support my weight loss efforts and I guess its because they both need to lose over 100 pounds but refuse to stop eating cake and ice cream, really.

Jag, You have a dozen plus friends already right here! Keep talking to us and we'll keep supporting you. Welcome, friend!

haddy4
04-30-2012, 01:19 PM
ok i set up my tracker now idont know how to put if up ..i even read the great instrutions and still no go i will probbly have to wait for my college girl to come home and help me..im so computer challenged..ha ha day 22 on ideal protein diet and not cheated yet..:) last year lost 40 pounds on slimfat but gained 11 pounds back..started ideal protein on april 7 and now 193..so happy started 240 last year before slim fast!!! Made the cereal and lemon pudding pancakes yum !

Kaypix
04-30-2012, 01:20 PM
Hey all, had my first official weigh in, down 5.0 LBS. While this is a small number, TOM started last week and I inadvertently ate a tortilla that I thought was some miracle of spinach, turns out it was flour, with spinach...I am so gullible it's sad.

I'm still pumped though, because I started watching carbs 3 days before my first WI, and so I'm technically down 9.2 LBS in 10 days, which is a way better feeling, even with TOM looming over me. I am hoping that the next two weeks will be higher loss (well, not higher, but high for normal), hoping for 3LB / week , esp once I'm off TOM.

Does walking etc. hinder weight loss or help during phase I? I'm doing fine as far as food intake goes throughout the day so not worried about that, just don't want to hurt this, but used to walk about 30 min a day during my lunch, would like to start doing that again if it won't hurt my progress.

Thoughts?

Cadu
04-30-2012, 01:30 PM

5.8!!!!! WOW that fantastic. way to go.

Thanks LizzRR, I was googling and it said that the mood change is one way to know your burning fat. I was just making sure I wasnt about to short circuit LOL j/k. But I was like ok Im cold and moody and my TOM was like last week so its not that. :carrot: the fat is burning lol. Thanks

Yes pretty one that is normal, sometimes I am like a crazy person with my moods.. ( at least now I can blame it on the fat burning) HA HA

Hi Everyone! There are so many NSV and SV all over the board today, congrats to all!

WI#9 today, down another 2.6 pounds! That is almost 30 pds so far!

WHOOO HOOOOOOOO

Hey all, had my first official weigh in, down 5.0 LBS. While this is a small number, TOM started last week and I inadvertently ate a tortilla that I thought was some miracle of spinach, turns out it was flour, with spinach...I am so gullible it's sad.

I'm still pumped though, because I started watching carbs 3 days before my first WI, and so I'm technically down 9.2 LBS in 10 days, which is a way better feeling, even with TOM looming over me. I am hoping that the next two weeks will be higher loss (well, not higher, but high for normal), hoping for 3LB / week , esp once I'm off TOM.

Does walking etc. hinder weight loss or help during phase I? I'm doing fine as far as food intake goes throughout the day so not worried about that, just don't want to hurt this, but used to walk about 30 min a day during my lunch, would like to start doing that again if it won't hurt my progress.

Thoughts?

5 pounds is a great weight loss. You did a great job. My coach said I could start walking right away and can do light exercise at 1 month into the program.

northernfawn
04-30-2012, 01:39 PM
Hi everyone. DH and I just started on IP this past Friday. So far so good. I love all the support on here and the recipes. What amazing success stories. I bought several WF products because I love to cook so anything that adds more flavour is a plus for me. FinnSteven's recipes have really inspired me to get creative.

I have some friends who have had amazing success on this diet but they warned me about a few things and I wanted to get some other opinions:

1. If you get creative with your recipes including using WF products have you found that you lose less on those weeks? A friend mentioned she lost less on the weeks where she got creative than when she stuck to the plain IP packs/veggies and kept it simple.
2. I am a huge DavidsTEA fan and although their teas claim they are 0 cal, 0 fat, and 0 sugar... my coach said to be careful of fruit teas...many have pieces of apple, strawberries, chocolate, coconut etc. I see on here that many of you drink fruit teas so I want to make sure I can drink these and not throw myself out of ketosis.

I look forward to joining your chats and posting our progress.

I too love David's Teas....I limit the fruit teas to once per day, but be careful of some that may have 'sprinkles' added, such as the new birthday cake and cupcake teas.....you can check their website for lists of ingredients in each tea

prettyone
04-30-2012, 01:46 PM
Yes pretty one that is normal, sometimes I am like a crazy person with my moods.. ( at least now I can blame it on the fat burning) HA HA

The funny thing is Im fine now. My mood is back to normal. lol. :cp: its also funny that my appetite is not there. I was hungry this morning I drank some tea and was fine now Im trying to get my salad down. Amazing how I use to clean a plate and get 2nd servings now Im struggling to get a salad down. This is great :carrot:

meandmax
04-30-2012, 01:46 PM
Well, here I go again, I was on IP a couple of years ago and had done quite well....but unfortunatly lost track and put all the weight back on. So after trying several diets on my own, i've come to the conclusion that IP is my best option....so here I come again..i have a consultation on Thursday and will be back on full force come Friday!!

usmcvet
04-30-2012, 01:59 PM
ok i set up my tracker now idont know how to put if up ..i even read the great instrutions and still no go i will probbly have to wait for my college girl to come home and help me..im so computer challenged..ha ha day 22 on ideal protein diet and not cheated yet..:) last year lost 40 pounds on slimfat but gained 11 pounds back..started ideal protein on april 7 and now 193..so happy started 240 last year before slim fast!!! Made the cereal and lemon pudding pancakes yum !

Is your account at least 20 days old? You should be able to go into your CP and then into your signature and cut and paste your signature there.

usmcvet
04-30-2012, 02:02 PM
Went to the movies yesterday with the kids. The seat was still tight but it was not painful. Amazing what fifty pounds will do. Also today I had to go back home after getting to work. My pants were falling off. I had to dig for a pair in the back of the closet. I went from a 60 to the 52's I'm wearing now. The 52 is a little tight, 54 would be better but I don't expect the 52's to be tight for long! I also stopped by the local leather shop and had them put two more holes in my leather pants belt. Nice feeling.

rvingprincess
04-30-2012, 02:05 PM

I have only been on the program myself for only 2 weeks, but what I have found from reading all the posts everyday is that you have to stay strong. This program DOES work I have lost 14lbs. in 2 weeks. Please read everyday all the posts, it will give you motivation, as some of these people have lost a great deal of weight (some over 100 lbs.). What I am doing is taking one day at a time, don't look at tomorrow or next week, just think about staying OP today and before you know it it will be tomorrow or next week and all of a sudden you say I CAN DO THIS!! You did the right thing coming here for support, everyone here is like a big family and will give you all the support you need.

SaraBean
04-30-2012, 02:05 PM
Hello all! Happy Monday!

I stepped outside of my comfort zone today and am very proud!

I have met a new friend at the gym and we have been jogging in the mornings for the past couple of months. She is in super good shape and is always competing in tough mudder events / 5ks / etc. Anyhoo, this morning she asked me to be on her team for "field day" at our university where we are both employed. Do you all remember field day growing up in elementary school? It used to scare the crap out of me! I would try to fake that I was sick and would be anxious all day about having to try and be athletic / competitive.... So this event is the same thing only with a bunch of college aged kids (and a few teams of faculty and staff.... which is the group I am in)

Well, I told her YES! I would do it!!! There will be a wheel barrel race, a relay race, a rock climbing wall, a foot ball throw, a basket ball tournament, etc. YIKES!!!!!

I am so proud that I am becoming confident enough to try new things and not be afraid. I am sure we won't be the winning team. and I'm all right with that!

:coach:

Sewmam
04-30-2012, 02:06 PM

Thoughts?

Walking is exactly what IP suggests. Some people wait until they are in the program a few weeks before starting. You just don't want to do very aerobic exercise because you will not have the reserves to handle it on a low-fat-carb diet. Strength training is also good.

Good luck - great progress!

sanaroph
04-30-2012, 02:06 PM
Good afternoon IPers

Had a long weekend traveling to MD for a wedding. Left late friday nite as I had to go to NY earlier in the day. I forgot my dinner so could not eat it in the car.. Long story short I found the rest stops in MD sell boiled eggs! That was my dinner.

I stayed OP for Saturday, the wedding then last night, I had a craving for a slice of bread .. and I ate it.. You know what it did not even taste as good as I remember it. I ended spitting it out and calling it a day.

The hardest challenge the past weekend was getting in water, veggies and lettuce because you know if you are drinking your water, the bathroom has to be nearby :( Today and the next few days I get to play catch up with water.

It is a beautiful afternoon here and am wishing you all a great OP day :carrot:

Sewmam
04-30-2012, 02:12 PM
Hello all! Happy Monday!

Good for you !!!! Phase 4 oughta be a piece of cake with that attitude!
(gee...maybe I should find a different metaphor ;) )

I have only been on the program myself for only 2 weeks, but what I have found from reading all the posts everyday is that you have to stay strong. This program DOES work I have lost 14lbs. in 2 weeks.

Absotively! If you look at the total amount you have to loose, it can be overwhelming, so just follow the plan and be determined, and it will indeed happen! Good luck to both of you! :D

Went to the movies yesterday with the kids. The seat was still tight but it was not painful. Amazing what fifty pounds will do. Also today I had to go back home after getting to work. My pants were falling off. I had to dig for a pair in the back of the closet. I went from a 60 to the 52's I'm wearing now. The 52 is a little tight, 54 would be better but I don't expect the 52's to be tight for long! I also stopped by the local leather shop and had them put two more holes in my leather pants belt. Nice feeling.

Congratulations !!! I know the feeling well! :carrot:

sanaroph
04-30-2012, 02:13 PM

That is a nice feeling congrats! :D

SaraBean
04-30-2012, 02:22 PM
Good for you !!!! Phase 4 oughta be a piece of cake with that attitude!
(gee...maybe I should find a different metaphor ;) )

LOL.... yeah "cake" probably isn't the best metaphor. Now I am sitting at my desk trying to think up quirky metaphors! I am such a dork sometimes.

:book2:

LizRR
04-30-2012, 02:23 PM
I forgot my lunch packet - I ate my salad and veggie, but missed my protein....so I decided to just leave work early and finish lunch at home! I only work until 2:30pm, so it's not too much time off, but it feels so indulgent!

Kaypix
04-30-2012, 02:25 PM
Thanks for the advice, gonna go walking on my lunch break...assuming the people i'm covering for ever show back up... *sigh* I'm the only girl in an office full of guys. At least they are not "guy guys", you know, the ones who burp and are all competitive and loud and stuff, they are really cool, and the best part, DH works with me :D So we get to carpool together now (backwards schedules up until this week) so I'm pretty pumped about that.

I'm just kind of trucking along today, kind of surprised my day has flown by, I've been at work for 5 hours now and it feels like 2 and a half...that's a good thing right? So I'll go on my walk in like 10 minutes, then come back, eat me some lunch (mashed up garlic cauliflower potato thingies and an atkins shake) and get back to the grindstone...brain is fried right now!

rvingprincess
04-30-2012, 02:41 PM
:carrot: I just got such a wonderful compliment at lunch today. One of my co-workers asked me what I was doing as I was looking younger. What a coinsidence as I turned 60 yesterday, you would think I would look older. I told her that I was on this great diet called IP and have just lost 14 lbs. in 2 weeks. Boy did that lift my spirits. Whoopi :carrot:

SewingMomma
04-30-2012, 02:46 PM
I had my WI today. I'm so excited. I'm down 1.6!!! I have big loss weeks and small loss weeks. I'm thrilled by any loss!!!! I've been OP for five months and have lost 74.4 pounds.

jaymeskelt
04-30-2012, 02:53 PM
I haven't. Unfortunately, I left the house this morning without my sea salt :(:(

jaymeskelt
04-30-2012, 02:54 PM
CONGRATS! I can't wait for my first weigh in.

LSJ100
04-30-2012, 03:01 PM
So I cheated on my own self-imposed limit of not looking at the board again until I got home and it made me laugh out loud...between "baking cookies" and all the NSV's and SV's it was a great mid-afternoon boost!

mlucas
04-30-2012, 03:12 PM
I almost passed out at the water park last Wednesday. I had to sit down and drink water. I did not think about how humid it was in there. I hit the water twice as hard the next day. Soooo remember your water before "baking cookies" too next time.

OMGosh! Yeah i'm hitting the water hard today! Yeah might have to take water/protein breaks lmao!

I am embarrassed to say the original meaning of 'baking cookies' went right over my head!!! I'm such a dolt! I'm still glad you are okay, but all I can say is...'carry on!' ;)

Haha.. it's ok :) My friend married a hispanic and so they "make tacos" lol :D I say they are having a fiesta! Well when you work for the gov lol and your emails are monitored... you get creative lol

salmongirl
04-30-2012, 03:28 PM
Happy Monday after a crazy weekend!
My DD had 1st 4H horse show and my DS had prom (& me...I had LOTS of subway salads with no dressing while on the run)! Sunday we "care-leased" a new horse so now our herd is up to 3. He is an adorable little grey arab. My Hubby & I went on a date on Sunday, so fun to fit into "cute clothes" and look at myself in the mirror and KNOW that I look good!

Have a great day all!
Our prom was this weekend too but our first 4-H horse show isn't until mid-June. Wow, your's is early! Our horses still look like stuffed animals they are so hairy! But I must admit, I am jealous, I love horse shows! This week though we have district track meet and dance recital, oh yeah and throw in a band concert...this is a busy week!

I had my WI today. I'm so excited. I'm down 1.6!!! I have big loss weeks and small loss weeks. I'm thrilled by any loss!!!! I've been OP for five months and have lost 74.4 pounds.
I hear ya, a loss is a loss and they all add up!

JadeEys71
04-30-2012, 03:36 PM
Yippie! Today was my 3rd week weight in. I have lost a total of 11.3 pounds and 15 inches! I still have been having an issue with hunger lately and my coach and I reviewed my food chart and didnt see anything that should be causing it. Anyone experience hunger even after 3 weeks?

SewingMomma
04-30-2012, 03:54 PM
Yippie! Today was my 3rd week weight in. I have lost a total of 11.3 pounds and 15 inches! I still have been having an issue with hunger lately and my coach and I reviewed my food chart and didnt see anything that should be causing it. Anyone experience hunger even after 3 weeks?

Sometimes I get hungry. I drink a big glass of water or some hot tea and that usually takes care of it. I find that I get really hungry if I put too much time between my meals.

mlucas
04-30-2012, 03:58 PM
So I cheated on my own self-imposed limit of not looking at the board again until I got home and it made me laugh out loud...between "baking cookies" and all the NSV's and SV's it was a great mid-afternoon boost!

Well i'm glad that i made someone's day! :D lol

justme685
04-30-2012, 04:04 PM
Hey guys,
I haven't been on in ages. During exams and the final projects of school I fell off the program - too much stress to be worrying about what I was eating and what not so I took a break and tried to just eat as healthy as I could. After school was done, I drove 18 hours and made it back to Alberta to see my family. My brother just opened up a restaurant so I was there for two weeks helping where I could, my mom owns a scrapbooking store and she had a retreat this past weekend that I helped her put on. I didn't have any Ideal Protein stuff left so I didn't do it the two weeks I was home.

I moved to Banff yesterday for another summer of work and I started IP over again today. I have decided I am 'starting over' rather than 'restarting' I feel like it's easier to begin anew rather than try and pick up where I left off (just my way of thinking about it for it to make sense for me!). So far I am having a good day - I had orientation for work today and they served us lunch, I made good choices and managed to stick with it 100% woohoo! So I'm feeling good and quite happy to be back.

Missed you all :)

Nibblet
04-30-2012, 04:58 PM
For me, meal time is supplement time. Having the meal becomes my reminder. My Phase 1 Diet Plan (which I keep posted on my refrigerator door) tells me to take 1 Natura Multi-Vita & 1 Natura Potassium-Calcium pill with breakfast. No supplements are called for at lunch (unless you take additional stuff)... but you do need your sea salt at that meal. And at Dinner time I take 1 Natura Cal-Mag & 1 Natura Multi-Vita, as per the sheet.. again with sea salt on my dinner. With my '15 minutes before bed' protein snack I take 2 Natura Cal-Mag. If you eat breakfast at home, just remember to take the am supplements then - ditto your Dinner and 'before bed' supplements. If you're not at home when you eat your meals, maybe get a little pill case so you can have the supplements you require on hand when you need them? It's also handy to have a stash of a couple of packets of protein, couple of WF salad dressings, some stevia or whatever sugar substitute you use, plus a small container of sea salt in a baggie in your purse at all times - just in case. Once you establish the routine it becomes a habit.

I'm pretty sure you're suppose to take 2 Cal-Mags at dinner for a total of 4 at the end of the day.

Momto2cs
04-30-2012, 04:59 PM
Walking is exactly what IP suggests. Some people wait until they are in the program a few weeks before starting. You just don't want to do very aerobic exercise because you will not have the reserves to handle it on a low-fat-carb diet. Strength training is also good.

Good luck - great progress!

There is no real proof that this is true. I did 3 hours of high intensity cardio on Saturday (Zumba, spinning and kickboxing) and I did not ever run out of energy.

Once you have been on the low carb diet for a while the body will adjust to provide energy other ways.

I was hungry later, though!! I had
An extra big steak that night!

evepet
04-30-2012, 05:00 PM
I'm pretty sure you're suppose to take 2 Cal-Mags at dinner for a total of 4 at the end of the day.

Sorry - that was a typo.... yes, it's definitely 2 Cal-Mags at dinner time, for a total of 4/day. Thanks for catching that. Definitely don't want to mislead anyone. :(

DanafromAustin
04-30-2012, 05:09 PM
Happy Monday Everybody!

:carrot::carrot::carrot: Very Cool!!!

ROFL!!

WTG!!!

You are doing fantastic!!!

Hey guys,
I haven't been on in ages. During exams and the final projects of school I fell off the program - too much stress to be worrying about what I was eating and what not so I took a break and tried to just eat as healthy as I could. After school was done, I drove 18 hours and made it back to Alberta to see my family. My brother just opened up a restaurant so I was there for two weeks helping where I could, my mom owns a scrapbooking store and she had a retreat this past weekend that I helped her put on. I didn't have any Ideal Protein stuff left so I didn't do it the two weeks I was home.

I moved to Banff yesterday for another summer of work and I started IP over again today. I have decided I am 'starting over' rather than 'restarting' I feel like it's easier to begin anew rather than try and pick up where I left off (just my way of thinking about it for it to make sense for me!). So far I am having a good day - I had orientation for work today and they served us lunch, I made good choices and managed to stick with it 100% woohoo! So I'm feeling good and quite happy to be back.

Welcome back!!

Darralyn
04-30-2012, 05:19 PM
Hi, I have a big success to share. For me not wanting to dissapoint others has been a downfall; but today I told my SIL that I could not eat the meals at her son's upcoming Bar Mitzvah and she argued a bit but I stuck to my guns and explained that it was something I had to do for myself and would she just please understand. We ended up OK; but she was a bit unhappy to begin with. This is a huge success on my part, just wanted to share with you all.

Up North Girl
04-30-2012, 05:25 PM
Warning...TMI!!!

You faint when you are not getting enough blood to your brain. Two things contributed to this: 1) this diet dehydrates you as your body is trying to wash the ketones out in your urine. Not enough fluid in you bloodstream, and you don't have enough blood pressure to get blood to your brain; and 2) when you "bake cookies," blood gets shunted to the "oven" instead of the brain and you feel dizzy. Solution: drink more fluids. Salt will help you hold those fluids in instead of peeing them out. Hope this helps for the next time you're baking.

jcjnjj
04-30-2012, 05:28 PM
Speaking of "cookies"...the real ones, I found my husband in the kitchen last night sneaking a cookie. Apparently he hid them somewhere in the house...out of my sight. Very sweet!

atho128
04-30-2012, 05:43 PM
Speaking of "cookies"...the real ones, I found my husband in the kitchen last night sneaking a cookie. Apparently he hid them somewhere in the house...out of my sight. Very sweet!

I wish my roommates would hide their cookies from me!! that is so sweet!

Up North Girl
04-30-2012, 05:44 PM
:carrot: I just got such a wonderful compliment at lunch today. One of my co-workers asked me what I was doing as I was looking younger. What a coinsidence as I turned 60 yesterday, you would think I would look older. I told her that I was on this great diet called IP and have just lost 14 lbs. in 2 weeks. Boy did that lift my spirits. Whoopi :carrot:
Hi RVingprincess! I am turning 60 next January, and wanted to do something special for my milestone birthday. I climbed Mt Kiliminjaro for my 50th. I decided that getting to a normal weight would be my celebration for 60 years. I hope it is easier than climbing a mountain--haha. Nice to see someone my age!

Shortcake224
04-30-2012, 05:44 PM

Wow!!!! That's great keep up the good work!!!:carrot:

usmcvet
04-30-2012, 05:46 PM
Thanks for the kind word, it makes a huge difference in my day. On the way home but wanted to check in before leaving.

That is sweet. My wife made a cake for her sisters bridal shower this weekend. She always saves the shavings from the cake, which usually is a full plate of cake in the fridge. After the kids had some I tossed it in the trash too much temptation for me every time I opened the fridge!

Hi, I have a big success to share. For me not wanting to dissapoint others has been a downfall; but today I told my SIL that I could not eat the meals at her son's upcoming Bar Mitzvah and she argued a bit but I stuck to my guns and explained that it was something I had to do for myself and would she just please understand. We ended up OK; but she was a bit unhappy to begin with. This is a huge success on my part, just wanted to share with you all.

Darralyn

That is awesome. I tend to be to much of a push over too. Good for you sticking up for yourself and sticking to IP! I'm proud of you.

Just remember, listen to the former Marine! You need to hydrate before exercising, or "Baking Cookies" so you don't pass out. :D

LSJ100
04-30-2012, 05:46 PM

Good for you! I know how hard that can be and I'm so glad you prioritized yourself. My first two weeks I had Easter at my grandmother's and a baby shower for a good friend and I just explained I would be bringing my own food. Easter was the hardest as my grandmother didn't get it but ultimately it worked out fine...and I felt great that I still participated in the events and stayed true to myself.

audgirl78
04-30-2012, 05:47 PM
I have read 2 pages of this daily chat so far and find myself wanting more, but had to post something before I leave work cause once I'm home, my life is hectic with kids and DH. My husband called me when he got home tonight and I finally got the courage to tell him to hide the scale. I have weighed myself EVERY DAY since Jan 17 my start date. I can't keep looking.

I see that some of you have asked for supporters because it's hard to stay OP. I have been on this for over 3 months and I am struggling for the last 17/18 lbs.

TOM was last week and I did cheat (a regular protein bar instead of IP protein bar and a piece of veggie pizza) and had my first gain of .8. I did lose some inches, but nothing like before.

My husband was on the program and has reached goal and moved on. I am very happy with the results and my look now, but I have some "Jiggly" that HAS to go AWAY. Please I ask for help.

Thank you.

Shortcake224
04-30-2012, 05:49 PM
Not feeling very good. Too stressed out. Still OP, but I find it hard to get everything in. I got on the program to help with diabetes because I hate taking pills. LOL Now it seems to loose the weight, I am taking more pills than I bargained for. UGGH! I hate it. Can't seem to get a routine, constantly runnin g to the store for something: vegetables, WF, seasonings, etc. Not to mention the "Big C" problems. Help!!!!

drakegirl
04-30-2012, 06:04 PM
Hi everyone. Today I put on a size 18 dress that I haven't fit into in close to 10 years - and it fit! (I had been size 24 when I started IP) PLUS I tried on my wedding dress and it fit too! (that's been almost 14 years!) I LOVE this program! I discovered this weekend that when I'm around someone eating something I like, I'm now able to just imagine the taste in my mouth and it's like I'm enjoying it too. I can remember what it tastes like and I know that I don't need that taste - being healthy is much more important to me now. Have a great OP week!

Soootiff
04-30-2012, 06:09 PM
Sounds like everyone is having a great Monday!
My day has been awesome - I have been full of energy since I left the house this morning on my way to work. I continue to stay on plan, and all of the "wow you are losing weight" comments at work continue to fuel my desire to keep on this plan (that and the wedding I have next year!) :)

I do have a few questions and would like some suggestions :)

- I'm starting my weight lifting class after work today, 5:30 - 6:30. I am planning on having my snack before I go to the gym, and will have dinner when I get back. Do I still need the extra packet (making 4 for the day) since I'm eating dinner after and my snack before? (I generally eat my snack between lunch and dinner anyway, and forgo an evening snack/IP Packet)

- Has anyone ran out of multi-vitamins and went with their own brand or did you purchase the IP ones again? I am just about out and have not seen anything amazing from these multi-vitamins and would almost prefer my normal vitamins that I took prior to starting IP. Not to mention the cost. sheesh! Thoughts?

Thanks for the help!!!

Momto2cs
04-30-2012, 06:17 PM
I have read 2 pages of this daily chat so far and find myself wanting more, but had to post something before I leave work cause once I'm home, my life is hectic with kids and DH. My husband called me when he got home tonight and I finally got the courage to tell him to hide the scale. I have weighed myself EVERY DAY since Jan 17 my start date. I can't keep looking.

I see that some of you have asked for supporters because it's hard to stay OP. I have been on this for over 3 months and I am struggling for the last 17/18 lbs.

TOM was last week and I did cheat (a regular protein bar instead of IP protein bar and a piece of veggie pizza) and had my first gain of .8. I did lose some inches, but nothing like before.

My husband was on the program and has reached goal and moved on. I am very happy with the results and my look now, but I have some "Jiggly" that HAS to go AWAY. Please I ask for help.

Thank you.

Stick with it. You will be glad you did!

Tom sucks! I had imitate struggles this weekend and am trying to stick to phase 1 this week to correct any gain. Sigh

atho128
04-30-2012, 06:47 PM
Just ate an early dinner cause I was starving, but now my stomach is full and I want to keep eating! :(

MelBolduc
04-30-2012, 07:01 PM
Hello! I am starting tomorrow and i am very excited i found this site. I found a lot of useful information and creative ways to still enjoys food without getting bored. I have a few concerns for the first week. How did you measure 2 cups of veggies? If you go over on the amount of veggies will it effect the diet negatively? Will i not lose as much weight? I heard you need to be very strict with the amounts. I bought a scale to measure it. Also does anyone know if Dandelions are allowed at all throughout the diet? Does anyone have any tips for the first week? I want to make sure I start out on the right track and follow the protocol closely. Thanks!

Darralyn
04-30-2012, 07:01 PM
atho128 go to bed or whatever you have to do to not eat, sometimes I go to bed at 6:30 and read so I don't think about eating.

atho128
04-30-2012, 07:03 PM
atho128 go to bed or whatever you have to do to not eat, sometimes I go to bed at 6:30 and read so I don't think about eating.

Thanks for this advice! I should probably be studying anyway haha

kellycg102
04-30-2012, 07:05 PM
Wow I am feeling a little off today. I am feeling like I need something sweet....like a restricted bar, but I already had a restricted today. This is the worst for me I think. I am leaving for Baltimore on Wednesday and I have never been good about about staying on any diet while traveling......hoping to change that this time, but I am worried that this feeling of needing something sweet is going to continue and ruin my "cheating is not an option" rule while I am away. I am going to prepare veggies and meat to take with me, and my packs of course, but boy am I anxious about it. I haven't told my brother that I am on this diet, so he doesn't know I have lost 25lbs....I hope he notices.
Anyway sipping on a coffee hoping it will pass, it has worked in the past.

Have a good night everyone.

atho128
04-30-2012, 07:09 PM
Wow I am feeling a little off today. I am feeling like I need something sweet....like a restricted bar, but I already had a restricted today. This is the worst for me I think. I am leaving for Baltimore on Wednesday and I have never been good about about staying on any diet while traveling......hoping to change that this time, but I am worried that this feeling of needing something sweet is going to continue and ruin my "cheating is not an option" rule while I am away. I am going to prepare veggies and meat to take with me, and my packs of course, but boy am I anxious about it. I haven't told my brother that I am on this diet, so he doesn't know I have lost 25lbs....I hope he notices.
Anyway sipping on a coffee hoping it will pass, it has worked in the past.

Have a good night everyone.

25 pounds is a HUGE accomplishment and I'm sure he will notice!! If you crave sweets a lot I highly recommend getting some of the WF products. WF for an IPer is like candy for kids!

kmc1021
04-30-2012, 07:20 PM
][/COLOR]Happy Monday Everybody!

That is such an awesome compliment! WTG!

Good morning IP family!

*~F*I~~N**A'*L~'L~Y*~ I seem to have gone down a pant size! I fit into a pair of jeans yesterday that I hadn't been able to get over my thighs in years.
I'm still wearing my 14's to work, but I'm needing a belt and beginning to look like a bit if a misfit! Also, according to my home scale (yes, I cheated a peek this morning) I think I'll be officially in the 150's at next weigh in!!!

Now to read about everyone's day....

Keep smiling everyone!

Way to go with fitting into a smaller size. Being the negative nancy I am, I have that I am never going to fit into a smaller size feeling. I know it will happen in time and in the mean time I get to get excited for ya'll!

WTG on the loss. What is the cleanse?

I am not wanting to go to work tomorrow, picture day..YUCK! But I know I have to go. As a teacher it is more work to take the day off than to go it, so I know I better show up! 19 more days left!! That should get me through the next few days!!

I go for WI #2 tomorrow. I had DH hid my scale and I found it, but I think that thing is so broke. I got on Saturday (don't know why) and I was up 5 lbs from my WI on Tuesday. So an hour later I got on again and I was 5lbs lighter than my WI. So I give up. I will not listen to that awful thing! Plus I don't know how that one compares to the one my coach uses, so I don't know where i am. just easier to stay off it!!

Nibblet
04-30-2012, 07:22 PM
- I'm starting my weight lifting class after work today, 5:30 - 6:30. I am planning on having my snack before I go to the gym, and will have dinner when I get back. Do I still need the extra packet (making 4 for the day) since I'm eating dinner after and my snack before? (I generally eat my snack between lunch and dinner anyway, and forgo an evening snack/IP Packet)

- Has anyone ran out of multi-vitamins and went with their own brand or did you purchase the IP ones again? I am just about out and have not seen anything amazing from these multi-vitamins and would almost prefer my normal vitamins that I took prior to starting IP. Not to mention the cost. sheesh! Thoughts?

Thanks for the help!!!

I go jogging in the afternoon and will usually eat a snack or the salad beforehand and then come home and eat my IP food. I don't find I usually need an extra packet. If you're feeling really low on energy or extremely hungry, then add a packet but don't feel like you HAVE to add it.

Also, I compared my vitamins with my normal stuff and found very little difference. I'm running out of the Cal-Mag and once it's gone, I plan on going back to my regular stuff (Schiff brand) instead of buying more IP vitamins.

Chloe222
04-30-2012, 07:25 PM
Well, here I go again, I was on IP a couple of years ago and had done quite well....but unfortunatly lost track and put all the weight back on. So after trying several diets on my own, i've come to the conclusion that IP is my best option....so here I come again..i have a consultation on Thursday and will be back on full force come Friday!!

Welcome back! And you know already how well this will work. It is just as enjoyable the second time (truly). It's my second time too.

Went to the movies yesterday with the kids. The seat was still tight but it was not painful. I also stopped by the local leather shop and had them put two more holes in my leather pants belt. Nice feeling.
2 fabulous and memorable NSVs!! Great work! Keep it up! BTW, you are a role model for my husband - I'm hoping he'll do IP. I tell him about your weight loss every week, so what you are doing is impacting lots of folks. (No pressure, huh?) He's proud of me but isn't willing to do this yet.

she asked me to be on her team for "field day" at our university where we are both employed.

Well, I told her YES! I would do it!!! There will be a wheel barrel race, a relay race, a rock climbing wall, a foot ball throw, a basket ball tournament, etc. YIKES!!!!!

I am so proud that I am becoming confident enough to try new things and not be afraid. I am sure we won't be the winning team. and I'm all right with that!

I'm proud of you too! It will really ensure your success. You have a great new friend and good influence in your life.

:carrot: I just got such a wonderful compliment at lunch today. One of my co-workers asked me what I was doing as I was looking younger. What a coinsidence as I turned 60 yesterday, you would think I would look older.

Wow!! What a great birthday present of sorts!! Enjoy it, relish it, always remember it, especially when temptation arises.

Hey guys,

I moved to Banff yesterday for another summer of work and I started IP over again today. So far I am having a good day - I had orientation for work today and they served us lunch, I made good choices and managed to stick with it 100% woohoo! So I'm feeling good and quite happy to be back.

Welcome back! You'll be back on track before you know it!

Hi, I have a big success to share. For me not wanting to dissapoint others has been a downfall; but today I told my SIL that I could not eat the meals at her son's upcoming Bar Mitzvah
CONGRATULATIONS!! And you will look fabulous that day too!

You faint when you are not getting enough blood to your brain. Two things contributed to this: 1) this diet dehydrates you as your body is trying to wash the ketones out in your urine. Not enough fluid in you bloodstream, and you don't have enough blood pressure to get blood to your brain; and 2) when you "bake cookies," blood gets shunted to the "oven" instead of the brain and you feel dizzy. Solution: drink more fluids. Salt will help you hold those fluids in instead of peeing them out. Hope this helps for the next time you're baking.
Up North Girl,
I appreciate clever word play - thanks!

Thank you.
Someone said "Dieting is hard, being fat is hard, maintaining is hard, pick your hard." So you have a decision to make.

Here's what I would say to one of my best friends: if you stay as you are, it may not be as easy as you think to maintain (that's why the overwhelming number of people gain their weight back), so perhaps just stay on the program, get down lower (to original goal) and then go down a few more pounds to give yourself a few pounds buffer since you'll likely gain a few back before you settle in to a final weight.

Next I'd tell her, consider raising your standards - why look only pretty good when in a month or two of more dieting, you will look stellar and be so proud of yourself. Again this is what I'd tell a best friend, so please don't be offended.

Not feeling very good. Too stressed out. Still OP, but I find it hard to get everything in. I got on the program to help with diabetes because I hate taking pills. LOL Now it seems to loose the weight, I am taking more pills than I bargained for. UGGH! I hate it. Can't seem to get a routine, constantly runnin g to the store for something: vegetables, WF, seasonings, etc. Not to mention the "Big C" problems. Help!!!!
I have been going to the store day after day too - but it keeps me from eating the wrong stuff - I'm busy running around and then when finally home, I eat my IP food.

kellycg102
04-30-2012, 07:31 PM

Glad the "cheating is not an option" worked for you. Good job!

Me too. Lol

NewPath
04-30-2012, 07:51 PM

Hahahahahahahaha!!!!!! Maybe I need to take up baking!!!!!

Kat2500
04-30-2012, 07:54 PM
Thanks again for the good information. I have my first weigh-in tomorrow and I am anxious to see how I am doing.

I have one more question. When did most of you start adding exercise/weight training? Was there a time when you felt ready to add it in? My coach said not yet (when I asked last week after signing up for the program) -- but she didn't say when.

Thanks again.

NewPath
04-30-2012, 07:56 PM
Reveal Moment:
Never stop eating and drinking before your weigh-in!!
Yesterday I did not drink any water or have any meals before my 12:15 WI.
I felt light-headed, exhausted, and just BAD all day.
Today....I still fought those symptoms, even though I ate normal after 1:00 yesterday.
I know that I am NOT the only one that has ever done this!
I wish I could say it was because I was "making cookies"!!!!!

Cadu
04-30-2012, 08:02 PM
Well, here I go again, I was on IP a couple of years ago and had done quite well....but unfortunatly lost track and put all the weight back on..i have a consultation on Thursday and will be back on full force come Friday!!

Good for you starting again, can I ask you.. Did you phase off the IP way or did you do your own phase off? I only ask because I am afraid of gaining the weight back after goal and it helps to have some insight from someone who was there.

Went to the movies yesterday with the kids. The seat was still tight but it was not painful. Also I went from a 60 to the 52's I'm wearing now. I also stopped by the local leather shop and had them put two more holes in my leather pants belt. Nice feeling.

good for you.. it feels so goooood to get back in the lower sizes. CONGRATS

Losing weight and gaining confidence.. what a great program this is. good for you.

I just got such a wonderful compliment at lunch today. One of my co-workers asked me what I was doing as I was looking younger. What a coinsidence as I turned 60 yesterday, you would think I would look older.:
The compliments are wonderful for motivation arent they? It's nice when people go out of their way to let us know that we look better. and Happy Birthday!!

Yay!!!!!!!!!!
good for you SewingMomma

Yippie! Today was my 3rd week weight in. I have lost a total of 11.3 pounds and 15 inches Anyone experience hunger even after 3 weeks?
Congrats on the loss. I have been on IP for almost 11 weeks and I still get days when I am hungry. Most days I am not hungry but on the days that I am I will have an egg white and herbal tea. and just push through the day. I do not ever recall having more then 1 hungry day in a row usually by the next morning I am fine.

Hi, I have a big success to share. today I told my SIL that I could not eat the meals at her son's upcoming Bar Mitzvah and she argued a bit but I stuck to my guns and explained that it was something I had to do for myself and would she just please understand.
Good for sticking up for yourself. You have the right attitude, you have to do whats right for YOU no matter what.

Hi everyone. Today I put on a size 18 dress that I haven't fit into in close to 10 years - and it fit! (I had been size 24 when I started IP)
yaaaaaaaaaay :carrot:

- Has anyone ran out of multi-vitamins and went with their own brand or did you purchase the IP ones again?
I use womans one a day for my multi and I found cal-mag at my natural pharmacy, i still have a few IP cal-potasium's left, I dont know a substitute for them. I may just by them at my clinic.

Just ate an early dinner cause I was starving, but now my stomach is full and I want to keep eating! :(
That happens to me sometimes, when it does, DH & I say " I have the feed bag on" (imagine a horse with the feed bag strapped to its face, just eating and eating and eating).

Hello! I am starting tomorrow and i am very excited i found this site. for the first week. How did you measure 2 cups of veggies? If you go over on the amount of veggies will it effect the diet negatively? Also does anyone know if Dandelions are allowed at all throughout the diet? Thanks!

Hi & welcome.
Veggies do have some carbs in them, so we are told to not go over the 4 cups. I am sure that I have gone over a few times as I sometimes eyeball my veggie amounts, but my losses this far have been ok. Just watch if you can. I have no idea about dandelions, I have never eaten them. best tip is to follow your sheet and just plow through the 1st week no matter how you feel and remember that it does get better. good luck.

Wow I am feeling a little off today. I am feeling like I need something sweet
Hopefully that craving will be gone by tomorrow. It probobly will be. :D

3sisters
04-30-2012, 08:06 PM
I just HAD to share! And I hope this worked - I posted a picture as my "profile" picture so I think if you click on my name and View Profile you'll see the picture. This was not my original idea, but I just made the most delicious hamburger with portabella "bun" - it was sinful! I sprinkled a little worcestershire sauce (0,0,0) on my burger (95% lean) then grilled it on a griddle. Meanwhile on the same griddle I grilled 2 large portabella caps - (about 2 cups - 170g) getting them as browned as I could and cooked through (they are thick). Topped the burger with sea salt, mustard and some sugar free (sucralose) pickle relish (0,0,0). Would have liked dill slices but didn't have any. WOW! PS - wear your bib! It's VERY 'juicy'. AND well within protocol!

Cadu
04-30-2012, 08:11 PM
I just HAD to share! And I hope this worked - I posted a picture as my "profile" picture so I think if you click on my name and View Profile you'll see the picture. This was not my original idea, but I just made the most delicious hamburger with portabella "bun" - it was sinful! I sprinkled a little worcestershire sauce (0,0,0) on my burger (95% lean) then grilled it on a griddle. Meanwhile on the same griddle I grilled 2 large portabella caps - (about 2 cups - 170g) getting them as browned as I could and cooked through (they are thick). Topped the burger with sea salt, mustard and some sugar free (sucralose) pickle relish (0,0,0). Would have liked dill slices but didn't have any. WOW! PS - wear your bib! It's VERY 'juicy'. AND well within protocol!

I thought this waas gonna be a pic of you.. I was quite surprised to see the burger there.. LOL. anyhow it does look good, I am not a fan of mushrooms becuase of the consistency, but this looks awesome, what is the consistency after you grilled them?

NewPath
04-30-2012, 08:21 PM

OMG!!!!!!! Looks Delish!!!!!!!

Chloe222
04-30-2012, 08:22 PM
[quote=3sisters;4314842 I just made the most delicious hamburger with portabella "bun" - it was sinful! I sprinkled a little worcestershire sauce (0,0,0) on my burger (95% lean) then grilled it on a griddle. Meanwhile on the same griddle I grilled 2 large portabella caps - (about 2 cups - 170g) getting them as browned as I could and cooked through (they are thick). Topped the burger with sea salt, mustard and some sugar free (sucralose) pickle relish (0,0,0). Would have liked dill slices but didn't have any. WOW! PS - wear your bib! It's VERY 'juicy'. AND well within protocol![/quote]

I have to make this! Thanks!

3sisters
04-30-2012, 09:00 PM
Big day with lots of posts!

Happy Monday Everybody! Yesterday my sister came over to help out for the shower, when she saw me she said "OMG look how skinny you are" & then later she said "I just cant stop looking at you, I cant believe how good you look". That made me feel good.

Isn't that just the best!?

Wow! That is awesome!

LOL. "Dolt" is one of my favorite words :)

I'm so happy for you. I can feel your joy.

Hello all! Happy Monday!

I am so proud that I am becoming confident enough to try new things and not be afraid. I am sure we won't be the winning team. and I'm all right with that! :coach:

You are putting into practice what we all tell ourselves -- this is not just a diet - it is a lifestyle change...... You would never have taken this step in your "past life" I bet!

Love it! And Happy Birthday!

What a great attitude! No wonder you have done so well.

Anyone experience hunger even after 3 weeks?

Oh yes! You just have to power through it. Water, hot tea. I swear by iced black coffee (decaf in evening) with 2 splendas - always takes the hunger away for me. Oh, and Wuv's tip - chew sugarfree gum.

I'm very much like that too, and that IS a huge success! Your ability to say "I'm doing this for myself" bodes well for your future success on IP!

Hi RVingprincess! I am turning 60 next January, and wanted to do something special for my milestone birthday. I climbed Mt Kiliminjaro for my 50th. I decided that getting to a normal weight would be my celebration for 60 years. I hope it is easier than climbing a mountain--haha. Nice to see someone my age!

I am SERIOUSLY impressed!

After the kids had some I tossed it in the trash too much temptation for me every time I opened the fridge!

You are showing such dedication! Doesn't that feel good to know YOU are in control now!?

Hello! I am starting tomorrow and i am very excited i found this site.

A great site to help you with veggie weights (ie grams) vs measurements (ie cups) and all things nutritional values go to http://nutritiondata.self.com/ click on "foods by nutrient" to search.

Wow I am feeling a little off today. I am feeling like I need something sweet....like a restricted bar, but I already had a restricted today..... I haven't told my brother that I am on this diet, so he doesn't know I have lost 25lbs....I hope he notices.

Oh, he will notice! I swear by iced black coffee with 2 splenda to curb the sweet tooth.

I thought this waas gonna be a pic of you.. I was quite surprised to see the burger there.. LOL. anyhow it does look good, I am not a fan of mushrooms becuase of the consistency, but this looks awesome, what is the consistency after you grilled them?

LOL - funny! No, I'm not brave enough to post a 'real' picture :) I wish I could tell you the consistency was not like mushrooms but, well, it is :( It's pretty firm though and 'meaty'. If you don't like it do you have someone who will "take it off your hands for you" :) Would hate for you to waste the money (they aren't that cheap - it will be an occasional treat), but would like for you to give it a try hoping you'll like it.....

jcjnjj
04-30-2012, 09:00 PM

Droooooollll

DanafromAustin
04-30-2012, 09:10 PM

Good for you for taking care of yourself. I started IP just a month and a half before my son's Bar Mitzvah. I didn't eat the food either, but I heard from everyone that it was really good. ;) I can't imagine why your SIL would care. It seems to me that she would want to support you.

0ojoyo0
04-30-2012, 09:14 PM

Thanks for the idea! I think I'll try it this weekend!

Cadu
04-30-2012, 09:21 PM
LOL - funny! No, I'm not brave enough to post a 'real' picture :) I wish I could tell you the consistency was not like mushrooms but, well, it is :( It's pretty firm though and 'meaty'. If you don't like it do you have someone who will "take it off your hands for you" :) Would hate for you to waste the money (they aren't that cheap - it will be an occasional treat), but would like for you to give it a try hoping you'll like it.....

Thanks 3 sisters, I may just have to try it and see if my tastes have changed. it has been a very long time since I tried mushrooms. If I hate it I will feed it to DH, he will eat anything. :D

kellycg102
04-30-2012, 09:21 PM
The craving seems to have left. Thank you everyone for the hints to keep me going. As usual...you are all fantastic!
Interesting to read about the moody moods....I am totally like that, drives me crazy, can't get out of them....I feel bad for my hubby and kids, but I just can't help it. Reading that it may be the body burning fat helps...so I just told my husband....me being *****y is a good thing lol. Can't
Remember who posted it but thanks, it may make me a little happier when they creep up on me.

NewPath
04-30-2012, 09:43 PM
Okay....how do you quote and comment on several posts at the same time?
DUH!!!!

3sisters
04-30-2012, 09:50 PM
Okay....how do you quote and comment on several posts at the same time?
DUH!!!!

Next to the "Quote" button is a little button with "+ Click on that and it turns red. Click on as many as you want, then when you are ready to reply, click on "Post Reply"

WingnutandMe
04-30-2012, 09:59 PM
Thanks 3 sisters, I may just have to try it and see if my tastes have changed. it has been a very long time since I tried mushrooms. If I hate it I will feed it to DH, he will eat anything. :D

Hi Carol,

I've always been a mushroom person, but I know what you're saying about the texture. Portabella's have a somewhat different texture. I now will only buy the Baby Bellas for my sliced mushrooms (to saute) as they are firmer than the normal white mushrooms. Hopefully, you'll be okay with the large ones for the hamburger "bun."

I was late coming home, finally just now finished reading all the posts in the Daily Chat (and a few other miscellaneous like the rhubarb one). Unfortunately, it's now bedtime and I can't keep my eyes open. I cannot get on this forum at work as they block most everything and if it's not blocked you could lose your job if it's not business related.

Off until tomorrow evening. Everyone stay OP.
Molly

sekc14
04-30-2012, 10:10 PM
Went for my weigh in today, -3 lbs and last week was also -3 lbs. The new coach asked me if I measured my food? I answered, no. She suggested that I start writing down the time that I eat and weighing/measuring the food because it might help me boost my weekly weight loss. Then we looked back at the printouts from the scale to see my percent fat loss. Turns out the first weigh in prior to starting the diet indicated 36% body fat and the next printout a month or more later indicated 44% body fat. The scale showed that I gained 25 lbs of fat during the time that I lost 21 lbs on Ideal Protein. Also, she said the new computerized scale the office just got is more accurate. They are charging $10 per weigh in to use it. So, I asked why someone didn't point out the problem of gaining 25 lbs in the beginning of being on Ideal Protein? She explained that they are getting better training now. --To sum it up, I didn't enjoy the visit today. Plus, somehow I felt like a 3 lb loss wasn't good enough. That's just wrong!

kje2012
04-30-2012, 10:17 PM
I lost 16lbs in 3 weeks -yay!

But....i caved. I just ate crap. Icecream, chocolate, burger. you name it, i ate it.
I think i got scared that i am losing. it feels wierd.
I just need to get back on the wagon and feel that i can accept this and
STICK TO THIS DIET!
(help!!!!)
I need to have the discipline and support to eat clean!

Momto2cs
04-30-2012, 10:32 PM
Went for my weigh in today, -3 lbs and last week was also -3 lbs. The new coach asked me if I measured my food? I answered, no. She suggested that I start writing down the time that I eat and weighing/measuring the food because it might help me boost my weekly weight loss. Then we looked back at the printouts from the scale to see my percent fat loss. Turns out the first weigh in prior to starting the diet indicated 36% body fat and the next printout a month or more later indicated 44% body fat. The scale showed that I gained 25 lbs of fat during the time that I lost 21 lbs on Ideal Protein. Also, she said the new computerized scale the office just got is more accurate. They are charging $10 per weigh in to use it. So, I asked why someone didn't point out the problem of gaining 25 lbs in the beginning of being on Ideal Protein? She explained that they are getting better training now. --To sum it up, I didn't enjoy the visit today. Plus, somehow I felt like a 3 lb loss wasn't good enough. That's just wrong!

That was terrible! 3 pounds 2 weeks in a row is excellent. Plus 21 pounds is also great!
Those sales are not accurate, and if he is comparing the results of two different ones it really means nothing.
Do you feel like you are losing muscle? If not, accept that hydration, exercise, the program used on the scale, etc could all be factors. You are doing great and your ouch should have provided encouragement and support, not criticism.

I have had a number of coaches and they have been varying degrees of helpful. I would try to see ome one different next time.

Congrats on the great weigh ins!! Keep at it!! Don't worry about body fat etc!

Lace and Levis
04-30-2012, 10:33 PM
Next to the "Quote" button is a little button with "+ Click on that and it turns red. Click on as many as you want, then when you are ready to reply, click on "Post Reply"

I was wondering the same thing. Thanks for the explaination.

sanaroph
04-30-2012, 10:36 PM

Congratulations to you Darralyn! It is hard to get used to speaking up for yourself on occasions like this from my experience!

Hi everyone. Today I put on a size 18 dress that I haven't fit into in close to 10 years - and it fit! (I had been size 24 when I started IP) PLUS I tried on my wedding dress and it fit too! (that's been almost 14 years!) I LOVE this program! I discovered this weekend that when I'm around someone eating something I like, I'm now able to just imagine the taste in my mouth and it's like I'm enjoying it too. I can remember what it tastes like and I know that I don't need that taste - being healthy is much more important to me now. Have a great OP week!

Awesome!

I have been on the program for 4 wks now and have found yes you are taking more pills and going to the store more often in the beginning until you get a rhythm for what you want to eat and how you want to eat it. The extra pills you are taking here are designed to help you become a healthier you and in the long run will get you in a place where you wont need the diabetic medication anymore.

I lost 16lbs in 3 weeks -yay!

But....i caved. I just ate crap. Icecream, chocolate, burger. you name it, i ate it.
I think i got scared that i am losing. it feels wierd.
I just need to get back on the wagon and feel that i can accept this and
STICK TO THIS DIET!
(help!!!!)
I need to have the discipline and support to eat clean!

Funny I have been feeling this way for 2 days. I ate a piece of bread, and today I ate tamarind balls (sour & sweet). After I had it I realise it is because I have to change the way I think about myself and for myself. We cannot sabotage our success!!

SewingMomma
04-30-2012, 10:37 PM
Hi Carol,

I've always been a mushroom person, but I know what you're saying about the texture. Portabella's have a somewhat different texture. I now will only buy the Baby Bellas for my sliced mushrooms (to saute) as they are firmer than the normal white mushrooms. Hopefully, you'll be okay with the large ones for the hamburger "bun."

I was late coming home, finally just now finished reading all the posts in the Daily Chat (and a few other miscellaneous like the rhubarb one). Unfortunately, it's now bedtime and I can't keep my eyes open. I cannot get on this forum at work as they block most everything and if it's not blocked you could lose your job if it's not business related.

Off until tomorrow evening. Everyone stay OP.
Molly

Molly,
I made the pudding pancakes today. Thank you so much for posting the recipes yesterday!

artflunky
04-30-2012, 10:44 PM

A 3 lb. loss 2 weeks in a row is great! Are you excercising at all? It also sounds like you're compairing apples to oranges.

3sisters
04-30-2012, 10:50 PM
Molly,
I made the pudding pancakes today. Thank you so much for posting the recipes yesterday!

I just made the pudding pancakes (lemon) and have a question. The recipe I have doesn't call for water to be added (only liquid is beaten egg whites and a little vanilla), but there is no way you can mix that stuff without water to thin it down. So I added enough water to at least be able to mix it til smooth, but the pancakes were about and inch thick! Fluffy, almost like a souffle' inside. Tasted good, especially with the WF syrup, but is this how they are supposed to be? Or, should I be adding water and should I be able to "pour" the batter into the pan like a pancake?

SewingMomma
04-30-2012, 11:13 PM
I just made the pudding pancakes (lemon) and have a question. The recipe I have doesn't call for water to be added (only liquid is beaten egg whites and a little vanilla), but there is no way you can mix that stuff without water to thin it down. So I added enough water to at least be able to mix it til smooth, but the pancakes were about and inch thick! Fluffy, almost like a souffle' inside. Tasted good, especially with the WF syrup, but is this how they are supposed to be? Or, should I be adding water and should I be able to "pour" the batter into the pan like a pancake?

The recipe that I used said to add up to 4oz of water. I added mine a little at a time until the batter was the same consistency of regular pancake batter. My pudding pancakes were the same thickness as regular pancakes and weren't souffle-like. I beat my egg whites until they were frothy.

Jewelrydiva
04-30-2012, 11:21 PM

Holy Cow does this look fabulous!!!! I'm so making this asap!!! Thanks for the picture!

3sisters
05-01-2012, 06:45 AM
The recipe that I used said to add up to 4oz of water. I added mine a little at a time until the batter was the same consistency of regular pancake batter. My pudding pancakes were the same thickness as regular pancakes and weren't souffle-like. I beat my egg whites until they were frothy.

I knew I must have missed it somehow! Thanks, I'll try it again.....

mlucas
05-01-2012, 09:39 AM

Sorry i didnt get to see this sooner, I hope you get to see it.. but thanks!!!! That helps alot! I feel like a horses A but hey... it was a character builder moment ...right?! lol Thanks lady! :D :carrot: