Weight Loss Support - Daily Accountability/Lifestyle Change - Everyone Welcome! Week of 4/29/12

Diana3271
04-29-2012, 07:58 AM
Hello Everyone! :wave: Welcome to the Check-In! Let's make it a great week!

I want to welcome everyone to the Daily Accountability Check-In. Our goal is to stay accountable and on track by posting our daily food and exercise choices. All food and exercise programs are welcome. Consistency is the key to reaching our weight loss goals.

Introduce yourself or jump right in and tell us what you have been doing.

:cheer2: Here's to the start of a great week! :cheer2:

Diana3271
04-29-2012, 08:01 AM
Good Morning, Everyone! :wave:

I had an expected fluctuation on the scale. I had a bad combo last night. I ate really late, for us, after 10 PM. I went to bed too late, 1 AM. I woke too early 6 AM. :tired:

Calories for yesterday: 1945 + :coffee:
Weigh In: 145.6
Up: .6

Are you ready for May? I can't believe the new month is almost here!

berryblondeboys
04-29-2012, 09:14 AM
Morning Diana! Glad your mom has found a medicine that is working better for her!

Still chugging along. Busy day today. What else is new for a Sunday for me? Spring Festival and then off to a concert of a friend (made a cake she ordered for her partner). Hoping to still have time afterward for a nice walk/run, but we'll see. It'll be a LONG day.

Diana3271
04-29-2012, 11:37 AM
Berry Good Morning! I hope you have a great day!

ItsMyTurn
04-29-2012, 12:28 PM
Diana - that's a very small fluctuation, and probably just due to not having the "fasting" time you are used to at night :) I hope your weekend is great too!!!!

Berry - Sure sounds like you are busy today. I think it's great you have done as well as you do with all you fit in a day! :)

I jumped on the scale today to see down some more now that TOM is ending. 187.4~ is amazing to me!!!! It's so unbelievable to see the scale actually moving again after so many months :D I have to vacuum pool this morning, then church, then have to do a batch of whoopie pies for an order, a batch of choc fudge for an order, then it's time to get my workout on!!!! Can't wait for that actually. Workouts are now my "let-go" time and make me feel so good when done! Have an awesome Sunday all!

kathydee
04-29-2012, 12:41 PM
Morning all.

It's My Turn - that's great that the scale is dropping
Berry - I have no idea how you can bake cakes and avoid temptation :-)
Diana - I agree .6 lbs is so small it's hardly worth mention

I'm avoiding the scale for a couple of days till some of these extras have flushed out, then I'll see if there is any increase

Today started out good
1/2 c granola w about 1/2 c yogurt
no desire for anything else at the moment.

It's hot and humid here again. Need to take a walk, clean up the house, do some more course work for the class that starts Monday and stock pile some groceries- as we will be busy.

Also just need to send the address out where divorce papers will be delivered - I really want to end it but some of the financial demands he will try to make are against very painful sacrifices I was forced to make for his success. Instead of the huge amount of appreciation he should have offered, he's chosen to sink a knife into my heart. It's very painful.

ItsMyTurn
04-29-2012, 07:58 PM
Kathy - I think that is a great idea to wait a bit before hopping on the scale to find out what is "real" and not :)

Diana3271
04-29-2012, 08:49 PM
Hi Everyone! :wave:

I kinda had a close encounter with a reality star today. :D There is a girl on Survivor from my area. My hairdresser fixes the hair of her dental hygienist. She was telling the hairdresser about some of the things that went on with the show. I found all the info exciting. The show is over now, but no one knows who won. Anyways, I came out of Earth Fare today and Chelsea (Survivor girl) was talking with another girl outside the store. I was so tempted to speak to her, but I didn't want to bother her. I can't wait to tell DH about it!

Itsmyturn Great job on your weigh in! :carrot: Are you still watching the bread/muffins? Do you think that was the issue that you were having with lack of movement on the scale?

Misti in Seattle
04-29-2012, 08:52 PM
Hi everyone

Haven't checked in for a few days... massive allergy attacks have made me rather lazy. I want to go back and catch up on all the posts when I am able.

The good news is that I am now back down to what my ticker said from when I stopped coming last time in December! :) So now I can work at lowering that silly thing!!!

I am also changing it because my highest weight of all was actually 306, not 292 (that must have been when I started again and had already lost a bit but I want it all to count. So have to redo the ticker to match LOL

Diana3271
04-29-2012, 08:54 PM
Total Approx 1395 Calories + :coffee:

Breakfast (395 Calories + coffee)
spritz oil in pan
egg 70 cal
egg whites from carton 60 calories
Vegetable of choice
1/8 cup feta cheese 40 calories
Rudi's Whole Wheat English muffin 130 calories
1 teaspoon jam 20 calories
juice 75 calories
coffee w/sugar and cream

Lunch (700 Calories)
Turkey Wrap 400 calories
Steamed veggies 100 alories
Ice Cream 200 calories

Dinner (300 calories)
Mock Cheese danish 200 calories
Sliced cucumber w/dressing 100 calories

Exercise:
~The Firm Super Cardio Sculpt w/5's
~The Firm Cardio Sculpt Blaster w/5's

Misti in Seattle
04-29-2012, 09:04 PM
Today I treated myself to a hamburger but I got it at a place that cooks fairly lean meat and adds lots of veggies. But I used to order that with fries and a large Coke, sheesh! :)

Later I had one chicken breast and some cottage cheese, and a handful of dark grapes.

For dinner I am going to have fresh mixed fruit mixed with some vanilla Greek yogurt and maybe drink a Squirt. I don't drink a lot of soft drinks but since I have quit coffee about a month ago I sometimes will drink a Squirt or 7Up.

I know that sometimes my days are low on veggies but I make up for it because other days I eat lots and lots of them. I went to the fruit market yesterday and loaded up. Got grape tomatoes on sale so put some on the dehydrator. They will be great on salads or in my tuna!

Murrishmo
04-29-2012, 09:34 PM
I don't even know how many calories I had today. I had a cobb salad at Red Robin (Balsamic on the side) and now I'm eating...Pringles. I'm planning on starting my diet for realsies tomorrow. But I've said that before.

Misti in Seattle
04-29-2012, 11:08 PM
Hi Murrishmo

I see you are new around here. Welcome! And I think the majority of us can relate very well to your comments and have "started tomorrow." But you are here now, and that is important... that IS a start. Please stick around, and I know you will find lots of support and encouragement, as well as being able to offer the same to others.

Do you have some type of plan that you are going to follow?

Misti

pluckypear
04-29-2012, 11:36 PM
WI this morning 292.2
Up .4 (TOM)

I had a total of 9.5 hours of sleep last night and this morning. This is so unusual for me. I usually get 6 or 7. I got up with DH at 5 am to get him off to work and then went back to bed from 6 am until 11:30 am. No exercise today.

Breakfast
2 home made egg mcmuffins (12)
3 coffee with light cream (3)
2 cookies (3)

pop chips (4)
0% fat greek yogurt (3)

2 light beers (4)

Dinner
oven roasted chicken breast skin removed (6)
sweet potatos (6)
carrots

crumbs from chip bag (4)
tea with light cream (1)
4 cookies (6)

Used 11 of my weekly allowance points today.
Tomorrow I will have more fresh vegetables and stay in my points using no allowance points.
A day of feeling sorry for myself at the gain and wanting to feed this in an unhealthy way.

Have a good night and hope to have personals tomorrow.

ItsMyTurn
04-29-2012, 11:52 PM
Diana - I have had no bread or muffins since I was told about that and have lost consistently, even with eating a bit more. It's absolutely amazing to me!! That is so cool about the Survivor girl!!! What a neat thing to have happen :)

Misti - Sorry to hear of the allergies. Those can seriously drain the life out of ya.

Murrishmo - :welcome: The first step can happen and amazing things can follow :)

Today's plans got changed up a bit. I had pretty much a melt-down on the family today, and EVERYONE had to clean/chores/errands today. So I did about 5 hrs straight of hard cleaning (even shampooing the whole front room carpet with nothing but a Little Green Machine.. oy). Finished off the night with Ab Bootcamp. Kiddos are punished for 22 days (long story) and the hubster is STILL cleaning and working on laundry (he knows he messed up too). I have to see if I can get him to stop for the night though - it's been a long day, but really productive! Hope you all have a super week!

Oh!!! And I totally made my 60 miles for April goal!!!! YAY!!

KatieAlyse
04-30-2012, 12:12 AM
I feel like I'm falling off the wagon. I don't want to give up but my determination just isn't there. I don't know what happened. Hopefully tomorrow will be a better day. We shall see...

cbigsis
04-30-2012, 12:49 AM
Hi everyone! I'm going to jump in here this week. Daily accountability sounds like a good thing to me. :)

Today was a rest day from workout for me. I did mow the lawn with the push mower which takes a little over an hour and washed the kitchen floor. But that was my main activity of the day.

Breakfast:

greek yogurt
1c cheerios

Lunch:

leftover turkey lasagna
1 pear

Snack:

3 choc chip cookies

Dinner:

grilled salmon
1/2 c rice
veggies with lemon

Tomorrow I am helping out in concessions at my son's track meet. I need to stay away from the candy!! I can do it!

Diana3271
04-30-2012, 05:25 AM
Good Morning, Everyone! :wave: Have a great day!

Scale is not happy at this early hour. :tired: I still find it amazing how the body reacts to different situations. I had to get up early for my Mom's appointment. I slept better last night but didn't get enough sleep. I should have went to bed a little earlier. I am planning to get to bed early tonight.

Calories for yesterday: 1395 + :coffee:
Weigh In: 146.0
Up: .4

I will try to do personals later today.

:welcome: to the new posters! It's great to have you!

mamakat
04-30-2012, 07:20 AM
Monday Morning WI 187.2 down 1.4lbs from last week (not bad although I got down to 186...I pigged out on chinese yesterday :p). And down 5.6lbs for the month. Not bad indeed. I would love to see a 10lbs monthly loss, but I never hold myself to it because I don't want to get discouraged if it doesn't happen. Heck, I'm just happy (still) that the scale is going down. My goal is to be 'overweight' by my birthday. DH and I laughed after I made that goal, no one would ever get why I'm looking forward to being overweight. I'm so excited about it, I must come up with a fun thing to do to celebrate...I love that I'm getting healthier as I'm getting older, instead of the other way around. :)

Diana Good morning, I hope things go smoothly today. :hug: to both of you :)

:welcome: to the newcomers.

I hope everyone has a wonderful and healthy day!

pluckypear
04-30-2012, 08:53 AM
Good Morning. :coffee2:

Itsmyturn
Good job on keeping that scale moving in the right direction. I do not usually eat much bread but cannot imagine giving it up for good. You have such willpower. :dust: Maybe some will rub off on me.

Diana
How exciting to see someone so up close that you watch on tv.

I have not met any celebrities in person. I did see Mickey Rooney at a restaurant before and I saw Rex Smith getting a coffee at a coffee shop. Don't know if any of you remember Rex Smith? He was an *** to the cashier.This was when he was in some musical theater production here in Toronto a number of years ago. Oh and I won tickets to meet Rod Stewart but I only ended up being in the same room. We had a group shot but really did not get within 5 feet of him. He was much shorter then I thought and he was wearing a wig. I am sure of it(takes one to know one). :)

Mistiinseattle:welcome3:
What are you allergic to?

MurrishmoHello and hope you continue to post here.

cbigsis
:welcome2:

Breakfast
1 whole grain english muffin (3)
3 slices of yves veg bacon (1.5)
1 slice processed non fat cheese (.5)
3 coffee (3)

1 muffin (4)

Will be having a large green salad with leftover chicken breast. I will use lemon juice and vinegar as the dressing.

Dinner will likely be a stirfry with tofu and tons of veg.

I am planning to go to aquafitness this afternoon. I am currently going up and down 3 flights of stairs doing laundry. sigh

Have a good day.

MRSS2010
04-30-2012, 11:33 AM
Good morning all! I weighed on Friday and have gained exactly 5 pounds. ON a better note, I exercised 5 days last week, walking twice on Friday.

I am not discouraged, I tend to gain and then start losing, esp. with exercise.

So far today I have had a strawberry yogurt. I hope everyone else has a nice day.

Murrishmo
04-30-2012, 11:34 AM
Misti -

Thank you very much! I already feel excited and energized by this forum. What I'm going to try to do is Weight Watchers, but the at home/online one. I've never done it before because low carb has always worked in the past. So I'm going to try to do both. I like the accountability of WW and I plan on journaling everything I eat. I prefer to eat low carb with a ton of vegetables. Not really sure if the two are doable but I've read some people that to LC and WW. So we'll see!

kathydee
04-30-2012, 03:33 PM
Good afternoon everyone

Ooppss missed posting last night. Food was better

Bkfast
1/2 c granola w about 1/2 c yogurt

Lunch
Open faced turkey ham sandwich, slice of cheese tomato whole wheat bread

Snack
a few slices Cantaloupe

Dinner
snacked on a bit of left over salad from the night before while cooking to curb hunger
a couple of pieces of chicken cooked in a teflon wok.
a large serving of boiled veggies (carrots/beets/half a small potato)

A mango smoothie (not needed)

Exercise: a 3km walk

Today started out ok - just the standard food

Bkfast
1/2 c granola with about 1/4 c low fat yogurt
a few slices fresh papaya

Lunch
1/2 open faced turkey ham sandwich, tomato/wheat bread/slice cheese
a mango/yogurt smoothie (not really needed)

Diana3271
04-30-2012, 09:03 PM

I had a very busy day. I am planning to finish this post and get to bed early. I haven't gotten much sleep this week. Sleep is very important to keep going. This week is probably going to be really busy for me. My Mom has appointments this week and I need to try to close out my monthly books. I probably won't do much with personals this week. Please feel free to ignore me. ;)

I hope all of you have a great week and start to the new month. I am wishing you all the strength you need to stick with your food and workout plans. Don't forget, you can do it! Hugs and love all around! :grouphug:

Total Approx 1395 Calories + :coffee:

spritz oil in pan
egg 70 cal
Vegetable of choice
juice 75 calories
coffee w/sugar and cream

Lunch (300 calories)
Grilled Chicken Wrap 250 Calories
Apple slices 50 calories

Dinner (700 Calories)
Sirloin Steak 500 calories
2 orders steamed broccoli 200 calories

Exercise
#10 SD Xtreme Upper Body w/12's
1000 Jump Ropes

Misti in Seattle
04-30-2012, 09:29 PM
Hi everyone. Hope to be back later tonight but was excited so just jumped on here to say that when I got on the scale this morning I was saying "oh pleeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeezzzzeee plllleeeeeezzzze don't be up." Well... I glanced down... and I was DOWN two pounds. Yipppeeee yipppeeeeee yipppeeeee. I so want that to say 26x instead of 27x... and one more pound and I will have fewer than 100 pounds to lose!!!

Hang in there everybody!

pluckypear
04-30-2012, 09:33 PM
Stayed on plan for the day using no weekly allowance points and I did get to the pool for an hour of deep water aquafitness.

kathydee
05-01-2012, 01:54 AM
Well I'm not on the starvation diet any more where I'll loose 3lbs a week, but I may actually be doing ok with slower weight loss which is healthy. Will weigh myself in a week.

Putting the day together:

Bkfast
1/2 c granola with about 1/4 c low fat yogurt
a few slices fresh papaya

Lunch
1/2 open faced turkey ham sandwich, tomato/wheat bread/slice cheese
a mango/yogurt smoothie (not really needed)

Pre work out snack
a few slices cantaloupe
a few slices papaya
(probably too much)

Dinner
a few pieces of chicken in a vegetable mariner spaghetti sauce, about 1/4 a cup of pasta (more than starvation diet portions)

1/2 a beer

Exercise
a 3km run
and about 45 minutes doing swim drills

off to the scuba class tomorrow and very busy for the next three days. I'm very excited!

Diana3271
05-01-2012, 07:59 AM
Good Morning, Everyone! :wave: I hope you have a wonderful day!

Slept a lot better last night. :)

This week is probably going to be really busy for me. My Mom has appointments this week and I need to try to close out my monthly books. I probably won't be able do much with personals this week. Please feel free to ignore me. ;)

I hope all of you have a great week and start to the new month. I am wishing you all the strength you need to stick with your food and workout plans. Don't forget, you can do it! Hugs and love all around! :grouphug:

Calories for yesterday: 1395 + :coffee:
Weigh In: 146
No Change

ItsMyTurn
05-01-2012, 08:34 AM
Diana - I wish you much luck with all that busy stuff; sounds like you are going to be finding it hard enough to find time to properly sleep, nonetheless anything else :hug:

Misti - Great job on the loss!

Kathy - Slow and steady wins the race. It also helps insure you keep it off; starvation is just not healthy and if it slows it down, that's ok - your body adjusts and it learns what it is supposed to do this way :)

Mamakat - Great job on the losses! You are kickin' it!!!

Felt under the weather last night and have to be at work early today. Only a day into it, but a busy start to the week. Hope you all have a super day!

pluckypear
05-01-2012, 10:00 AM
DianaThinking of you as you are with your Mom at all of those appointments.

ItsmyturnSucks when you have to work and you are not feeling well. Feel better soon.

MistiCongrats on the weight loss.

MamakatThought of you as I was doing laundry this morning. :)

Two more loads of laundry done today. So four in total I did between yesterday and today and DH did two loads after work last night. All that I see is one pillowcase full of the bedding from changing the sheets last night. So maybe get that done tomorrow. But then laundry is never really done is it???? So existential.

Breakfast
3 cups of coffee with cream (3)
1 whole wheat english muffin (3)
2 slices veg bacon (1)
1 egg (2)

I low fat small muffin (4)

Lunch
3 cups greens
okra pickles
lemon juice
sardines (3)

Dinner
tofu (6)
oil (2)
kale
mushrooms
onions

Snack
pop chips (4)
yogurt (3)
tea with cream (1)

Will be walking for a half an hour or more as I go out for errands. I plan on picking up cat food, tokens and a few grocery items.

Have a good day all.

KatieAlyse
05-01-2012, 01:44 PM
Well I kicked myself in the rear and told myself to get out of this slump I'm in and to not set myself back anymore than I have by missing 2 days of the gym. So I went to the gym last night and I'm soooo sore today. :lifter: And it could have also been because on Sunday we went to the gun range and I shot my bf's 12 guage shot gun for the first time ever. Either way I'm feeling it this morning and the coffee just isn't working! Should have made it stronger.

pluckypear I think laundry multiplies during the middle of the night! Or it seems to in this house!

itsmyturn Congrats on the NSV!!! That's awesome! Sorry about the meltdown, sometimes we just need to get it off of our chest! Hope you're feeling better today! How's the job hunt going?

Misti in Seattle :goodscale that's awesome! Congrats on the loss!

Diana We would never ignore you! Good luck with your busy week and best wishes to your mom at the doctors office. Hope all is well!

kathydee Good luck with the new diet! Hope it works for you!

Murrishmo My mom did WW 2 different times and did very well both times! Good luck!

And whoever I missed, sorry! Ran out of time! And welcome to everyone who is new!!!

cbigsis
05-01-2012, 02:22 PM
I hope everyone is having a good start to the week!

Diana: I hope your busy week goes well :)

Misti: awesome weight loss! woo hoo!!

kathy: I'm glad you aren't on starvation diet anymore. It can be so hard on you long term.

I feel a bit like I eat way more than most of you do here. And this is cutting down from what I ate in maintenance. I'm a bit embarrassed but I guess as long as I will be losing I will try not to worry about it too much. I tend to eat every 3-4 hours.

yesterday's food and exercise

Breakfast
Egg white and Turkey sausage on WW english muffin

snack
1/2 c yogurt
1/2 c granola

late lunch
leftover pepper steak
1/2 c rice
sugar free pudding cup

snack
animal crackers

dinner
2 grilled fish tacos
black bean and corn salsa

45 min ifit workout on treadmill. light jog but higher incline

Diana3271
05-01-2012, 10:23 PM

Mamakat Great job on the 1.4 pounds and 5.6 pounds for the month! :carrot:

Pluckypear Good job on your food choices and for the aquafitness!

Mrss2010 Great job on the exercise. Keep it up!

Murrishmo Hi and Welcome to the check-in.

Kathydee Good job on the food and walk, yesterday. Enjoy the scuba classes.

Misti Congrats on the 2 pounds! :bravo:

Itsmyturn It sounds like we both have a lot going on. Who is going to be looking forward to the weekend more? Me or you? ;) I hope your day went well.

Katie Great job kicking yourself in the rear! :kickbutt: :lol: Sometimes, we gotta do what we gotta do.

Cbigsis Hi and Welcome to the check-in! :wave:

Diana3271
05-01-2012, 10:25 PM
Total Approx 1470 Calories + :coffee:

spritz oil in pan
egg 70 cal
Vegetable of choice
juice 75 calories
coffee w/sugar and cream

Lunch (375 Calories)
Rudi's 100% Whole Wheat Sandwich Flatz 100 calories
3 Slices Hormel Natural Choice Deli Turkey 60 calories
Honey mustard/Lettuce 25 calories
Oikos Strawberry Greek Yogurt 4 ounce container 90 calories
1 Apple 100 calories

Dinner (700 Calories)
Grilled chicken tacos 600 calories
Sauce 100 calories

Exercise:
TF Fire 60

ItsMyTurn
05-01-2012, 11:09 PM
Plucky - Whatever it is, is already making its rounds in the house. My son came home from school feeling ill. I did make it through work though and still managed a workout tonight :D Uphill swing for me!

Katie - A shotgun like that has some kick! Great job handling it! So happy you were able to try to snap yourself out of the funk - that shows some gained control you have over yourself!!! :) How awesome!!!! DH is putting in applications galore. Nothing yet, but I know he will land what is "meant" to be for him :)

Cbigsis - :welcome: Don't be embarrassed over what you eat if it's working for you. Everyone is an individual and has to find what works for them :)

Diana - I think, at this point, you and I will have to flip a coin to decide that, :lol: Now... who has the time to flip it? :rofl:

Got home from work and got in 3 mile run (10 min miles folks!!!) I did it inside and that always seems to give me better times. I know it's slow for some, almost turtle-like... but for me, with my joints and lung disease...that's a kickin' time! LOL! I think I had some stress to work out :rofl: I know I feel better now though!!!! Have a super night all!!!

pluckypear
05-01-2012, 11:18 PM
KatieAlyseLOL about the laundry, yes it multiplies.

cbigsisWhy be embarassed about what you eat? It is working for you. And sometimes eating healthy food amounts to more in quantity then unhealthy and sometimes we snack and so on and so on. Even when I have very bad days I want to post, to remind myself. Looks like you had a good day. :)

DianaTake care of yourself in all your busyness. :)

ItsmyturnSorry to hear the illness is spreading. Good on you though getting in a workout. Feel better. My DH got a job with a landscaping company. He is working 12 hour days but gets paid cash at the end of each day. What kind of work is your DH looking for?

I was good with my two meals and not so good with dinner. I ended up having 4 small ww buns with smoked turkey breast on them, 200 grams. Way too much. I had them with mustard and lettuce. I then had more pop chips so ended up being the whole bag throughout the day. Good thing they are 8 pts per bag as opposed to like 28 or more for regular potato chips. I also snacked on turkey pepperttes, only 50 calories (1 pt) each but high in sodium and just not needed.

Bottom line I used some weekly allowance points. So I could be okay. I still have 14 weekly allowance points until Sunday. But I am thinking of why I did this. I will not post here but I am thinking. And I need to take a break from some of these junky snack foods. The sodium is not my friend anyway. I find when I start out with bread it goes on all day. Not sure if that is the connection. Anyway enough.

Drinking plenty of water and then off to bed. I will go to the pool tomorrow.

Good night and thanks for listening.

cbigsis
05-01-2012, 11:36 PM
Thanks for the welcome ladies!

Today I did ok other than a bit of a TOM moment in the afternoon where I quickly ate 2 oreos and 2 spoons of chocolate frozen yogurt right out of the carton. I didn't even bother to take the carton out of the freezer! LOL I'm glad I was able to keep it to just that though.

Breakfast:
1 egg
2 ww toast dry
2 turkey bacon

Snack:
1/2 c blueberry yogurt
fiber one granola bar

Lunch:
1 leftover fish taco
about 1/4 c rice that was left

Snack:
Unplanned chocolate attack from above

Dinner:
Chicken sausage in a bun with mustard and relish
1/2 c potato salad

I did much better with drinking water today. 7 glasses which really cuts my diet soda habit.

Exercie:
Bob Harper Ultimate cardio body with 3's and 5's This was the first time I made it all the way through!

ItsMyTurn
05-02-2012, 12:23 AM
Plucky - I am so glad to hear your DH was able to find work :) Mine can't work 12 hr days, unless it's only 3 days/wk or so. He is looking for part time ANYTHING :lol: I am the main money earner, and he has to still be available to bring the kids to doctors, specialists, therapies, etc. So part time, just enough to help out a bit with income so I can stop doing my side jobs too. Now that I am off the wait-list for school, I am not going to have the time to do the side jobs. My regular job has me gone from the house 12-13hr/day, then add being a mom, wife, workouts, and now full-time college... I just can't do the cooking, hair, etc on the side too. :) I am confident he will find something, just hoping it's sooner rather than later

cbigsis - Great job making it all the way through your workout for the first time! That's terrific!

kathydee
05-02-2012, 01:14 AM
Thanks for the support ladies! Much too exhausted from the scuba class today to do personals. sorry. It is a fantastic class and we still have two days left!

Ate a little heavier bkfast as the day was full
1/2 c granola 1/4 c lowfat yogurt
1 boiled egg
slice papaya

Lunch
1 turkey ham sandwich tomato slice of cheese
1/2 c Arizona tea - offered by the classmate - rude to refuse
2 hard candy mints offered by the instructor - rude to refuse

Dinner
1/4c pasta
Left over Mariner sauce with chicken/veggies ( a little too much)
some papaya for desert

1 beer to chill out (will drop the beers soon)

Had to do some swim tests today. 400+ yards on top of the water, 70 yards on a single breath underwater.

Lots of equipment carrying, and work underwater

Exhausted, going to bed!

mamakat
05-02-2012, 07:31 AM
Good Morning Everyone,

As I keep gaining weight, up 2.8 from Monday, I'm wondering do I still ovulate? I'm gonna have to do some research. Dr. left the ovaries in to prevent early menopause, but I have PCOD so how that works I don't even know. I'm just wondering why it is, I keep going up after a good drop and then drop it again, slowly. Ugh, I'm worried I'm going to see the 190's again. I did 50 minutes of yoga yesterday, that's all the time I could afford. I have been glued to the computer. I'm nearing the end. I am writing out the 'happily ever after' chapter now. I have reach well over 155k words. And, omg, I have a sequel brewing in my head. I didn't sleep last night because brain is working on overtime :lol: I went to the bathroom at 3am and ran back turned on the light and wrote down a poem :lol: DH must have thought I was insane, scribbling down words a mile a minute. :) Not sure what today has in store for me. We'll see.

I hope you all have a wonderful and healthy day!

Diana3271
05-02-2012, 08:01 AM
Good Morning, Everyone! :wave: Have a great day!

Calories for yesterday: 1470 + :coffee:
Weigh In: 146.2
Up: .2

ItsMyTurn
05-02-2012, 08:25 AM
Mamakat - Sounds like you are going to have another book start right after you finish this one

Diana - Good morning!

Everyone else - Good morning :wave:

pluckypear
05-02-2012, 09:01 AM
Good Morning everyone.

Itsmyturn
Hope your DH finds something soon. :) I am happy with the money coming in from my DH and we need it. I am the main income earner too but my income has been cut as I have been on short term disability, first with a torn rotator cuff and now with my knees. I am applying for long term disability through my work. I hope another 6 months of physio etc. will get me back. But really I need another job that is less physical.

I have a job interview tomorrow. :) Something my knees would be capable of.

Breakfast
2 coffee with cream (2)
1 cup oatmeal (4)
1 tbsp. of maple syrup (1)
frozen blueberries

Will likely have a mid morning snack of a muffin and an apple. I am planning a healthy filling lunch before I head out to the pool of kale, tofu and mushrooms. The dinner I had planned for yesterday but did not eat.

Have a good day.

kathydee
05-02-2012, 09:25 AM
Morning.

Running out the door for another big scuba day but wanted to check in first

Bkfast
1 boiled egg
1/2 c granola/yogurt
a few slices fresh pineapple
green tea

Have a great day everyone!

Diana3271
05-02-2012, 08:56 PM
Itsmyturn Who has the time or energy to flip a coin! ;) For some reason, my energy has definitely taken a nose dive this week. Great job on the 3 mile run!

Pluckypear Great job on counting your points. Your day didn't go how you wanted it to go, but you still made it work for you. :bravo: Good luck with the job interview!

Cbigsis I did Bob Harper's UCB today! That's a tough one!

Kathydee Good job on having an active day!

Mamakat Good luck on getting close to finishing up your book! I will be able to say "I knew her when". ;)

Diana3271
05-02-2012, 08:59 PM

spritz oil in pan
egg 70 cal
Vegetable of choice
juice 75 calories
coffee w/sugar and cream

Lunch (375 Calories)
1 Apple 100 calories

Dinner (700 Calories)
Grilled Pork Chop 500 calories
2 orders steamed broccoli 200 calories

Exercise:
Bob Harper's UCB w/8's + 8's

Misti in Seattle
05-02-2012, 09:32 PM
Hi everybody.

Just racing through to check in... on my way to my Life Group where I am sure they will have treats which I don't plan to eat except perhaps one small one.

So far this Tonic Alchemy stuff really seems to be working! At least I hope that is what it is and that it lasts because most of the time I honestly don't crave food or feel that hungry! I was told this would do it but my confidence in that sort of thing is low. I don't "do" most supplements but this is completely natural -- just a mix of a big bunch of healthful stuff -- and my doctor was very supportive.

Hang in there everyone.

Diana3271
05-02-2012, 10:03 PM
Misti Hi :wave: Enjoy your evening.

ItsMyTurn
05-03-2012, 12:28 AM
Plucky - I am so glad you are able to rest at ease knowing there is regular income added in to help. Sorry to hear of the injuries though. It's hard to reset careers...although my plan is to do the same (different reasons) which is why I am entering college again... oy. What were you doing for work before this all happened? You said it was labor intensive on your body, so curious, if you don't mind my asking anyway

Diana - Man, I forgot about the energy AND time it would take to flip the coin!!!! Dang, everything I want to do has stipulations to it! :lol: Sorry to hear of your energy level, but betting it's due to being pulled in so many directions when you are awake right now. You still got in your Bob Harper workout though!!! Great job!

Misti - Enjoy your meeting!!! Adding healthy stuff to our bodies can never be a negative :)

This week is absolutely slammed and just got worse due to being down 2 workers (one died, one left) and now ANOTHER worker cause her son broke his leg, needed surgery, and now she is on FMLA to be with him for a bit. OY!!!! I only have so many things I can accomplish in a day. I feel worse for my coworker who is on exempt salary (not hourly) cause she has had to put in 15 hrs yesterday, 16 today... lord only knows what tomorrow will hold. I have only been putting in an hour-ish extra cause I am paid hourly... funny how that works in the corporate world :lol: I did put in a workout tonight of weights... felt SOOO good. I needed something I could do angrily to get it all out :D It totally worked!!!! Have a great night all!!!

cbigsis
05-03-2012, 01:24 AM
Itsmyturn: Wow you are one busy lady! Hopefully your DH will be able to find work soon. Way to go on the 3 mile run!! It's hard to increase pace. I run like a turtle too. Haha

Plucky: Good luck on your job interview!

Mamakat: Great job on the book! My weight would often sit in a range of 3-5 pounds for a bit, hover and then drop to the next range. Its slow and frustrating at times but I try to stay positive that if the top of the range wasn't going up I was still doing ok.

Diana: I hope all the appointments with your mom are going well this week. I love the Bob Harper workouts. They are tough but motivating. :)

cbigsis
05-03-2012, 01:34 AM
Breakfast
Egg white and turkey sausage on ww english muffin
1 pear

Lunch
Pepper steak (no rice)
2 servings steamed broccoli

Snacks
3/4 c yogurt
granola bar
animal crackers
a few handfuls of popcorn at the movies (darn stuff smells too good!)

Dinner
Chicken sausage on a bun with dill mustard

Exercise
45 min ifit WL level 5 workout on treadmill

Diana3271
05-03-2012, 07:51 AM
Good Morning, Everyone! :wave: I hope you have a fantastic day! :carrot:

I'm thinking I have some hormonal stuff going on. I looked at my calendar and it says TTOM should be starting soon. I always get confused because my TTOM lasts so long. Then it returns so soon, because it lasted so long. :rolleyes: You count the days from the day it started, not the day it ended. Unfair I tell you! ;) Oh, well, it is what it is.

Weigh In: 147.2
Up: 1 pound :p

Diana3271
05-03-2012, 07:57 AM
Itsmyturn Good job on the weights! Even when I am worn out, I can do cardio. Weights kick my butt, even when I am feeling my best! I hope today is a little less hectic for you. Hang in there! The weekend is in our sights!

Cbigsis Good job on your food plan, yesterday. I'm not sure if you mentioned, what movie did you see?

ItsMyTurn
05-03-2012, 08:55 AM
cbigsis - Looks like you had a great healthy day yesterday with your breakdown :) That's awesome!!! I am glad I am not the only turtle out there :lol: I like my inside times, it's the outside times that are super slow it seems. Odd right? I want to improve my times so I can run my first 5K and not be embarrassed to post my time, :lol: I am still amazed how I am doing, considering months ago when I ran just across the street, my hip would come out of joint. At that point it became a goal of mine, I would beat the RA. So started with weights to build muscle where I needed for support and cushion on the joints... then started with walking a mile, increased it... have SLOWLY been working through the C25K program - I will so get there!!!

Diana - I can't believe the struggle with TOM time you have. Seems like you just get done and bam! Mine has shortened some of the time since starting peri-menapause. Totally unpredictable too. That drives me nuts enough, can't imagine having a long one too!!!! I would take off heads :lol: I love doing my weights when I have pent up crap from the day :) It helps release it all!!! Tonight will be cardio - no idea what I am doing (never do know until I get home), but will kick it since exercise is totally my vice to handle this week of craziness :D Have a good one!!!!

pluckypear
05-03-2012, 09:36 AM
Good Morning everyone!

itsmyturnI am an early childhood educator. So I work with preschool children aged 2.5 to 4. This includes physical care so lots of bending, stooping, crouching (to be at their level), sitting in tiny chairs (while serving lunch etc.), lifting (diapering), etc. I am standing alot while on the playground and have to physically move quickly to help with conflict. We have a very busy group and conflict as you know with young children happens daily. The planning and implementing curriculum piece (cognitive aspect) is great but just the daily physical is too much for me now. We have things to do like sweeping, moving furtniture (putting out cots, setting up chairs etc) all day long as well as supervising the children. I have been away from this for 4 years while still employed by the same place. I was on academic leave for 2 years and then given the opportunity to teach adults in the ECE program at college. So when going back to the childcare I found physically my knees and now arm are simply not up to it.

The interview today is for a Family Support Worker. I would be working with young children and families. I would love the challenge of this. So the physical care is not required, the parents or caregivers are present and responsible for that. But I would conduct workshops, training, service to families (contacting agencies etc.), and interact with families through planned curriculum during programs (role modeling is part of this too). So sounds great.

So I am off to get ready for my interview. Will post more later.

Have a good day.

ItsMyTurn
05-03-2012, 05:35 PM
Plucky - Conflict among children that age is more than daily... it varies by the minute, :lol: Family support worker would be perfect: implementing the helping agent and involvement with children, while taking out the piece that you struggle with at your current position. I wish you much luck on that interview!!!!

Diana3271
05-03-2012, 11:17 PM

This will be a quick post. I went to see my Mom tonight and just got home. See is doing a lot better than she was last week. I can definitely see an improvement. Hopefully I can do some personals tomorrow.

Enjoy your evening and sleep well. :grouphug:

Total Approx 1370 Calories + :coffee:

spritz oil in pan
egg 70 cal
Vegetable of choice
juice 75 calories
coffee w/sugar and cream

Lunch (375 Calories)
1 Apple 100 calories

Dinner (600 Calories)
Grilled Chicken breast 400 calories
Steamed Broccoli 200 calories

Exercise:
KCM's 30 MTF LIFT (Powersculpting) w/10's
TF Fire 45 EZ w/weighted gloves

ItsMyTurn
05-04-2012, 12:10 AM
Diana - So glad your mom is doing better!!!

I got my run in tonight! Had to wait for temps to cool... ended up doing half the run in the dark - hate that we are so rural that we don't have street lights on some roads. Next time thinking I should opt for something inside, but something in me just wanted to run tonight

Diana3271
05-04-2012, 07:51 AM
Good Morning, Everyone! :wave: TGIF! :dance: We made it to the weekend! :yay: Enjoy your weekend!

Calories for yesterday: 1370 + :coffee:
Weigh In: 145.8
Down: 1.4 pounds
(I woke up feeling bloated, just like I have all week. Not sure if it's TTOM or sodium or some other mystery. :lol:)

cbressler1976
05-04-2012, 08:18 AM
Hi all!! I went down to 174....but the other day I was up to 178!! I know that my period is around the corner (next week), so I get really bloated for a couple of weeks....so I decided not to weigh myself until after....I know that I am losing weight because my pants are loose on me! I was really discouraged when I weighed myself, so I knew that I have to hold off on the weighing thing for a while..

Diana3271
05-04-2012, 08:58 AM
I forgot to mention about my anniversary! One year ago, today, I went to my Endo. She is the one that treats my hypothyroidism. She checked my weight, did my exam, gave me a good look over, and crunched some numbers. She asked what I thought about my weight. Then she gave her opinion . . . She thought I was at a good weight and her suggestion was that I try to maintain my weight/weight loss. :yay:

I have been in maintenance for a year, today. I have gone above my maintenance range by a couple pounds only a few times. This was during/after the Christmas holidays. I was also battling a food reaction (allergy). Over all, I am happy with my maintenance. Of course I strive for perfection. Meaning, I would rather not have gone above maintenance range. But, I did have other issues going on at the time (food allergy). So, I do think I have done a good job in this year. ETA: I don't like the way "strive for perfection" sounds. I wanted to clarify my thoughts on this. I am not perfect, nor will I ever be. I know how I am with my eating and my weight history. It is not a good one. I feel I need to keep everything in check or I will get off track. I will take advantage of any little situation that I will allow or that I feel I can get away with. Does this make better sense? ;)

One year down and the rest of my life to go! ;)

pluckypear
05-04-2012, 10:21 AM
DianaWow you have been doing an amazing job at maintaining. You are an inspiration!!!

ItsmyturnYes job would be perfect for me. I feel I rocked the interview but we shall see if I get offered the job. One downside is I would be taking a paycut. I would be willing to do so for the high end of the salary range but not the low end. It ranges by $9,500 a year. I should hear back either way in a week or two.

I am not doing well. I have been going over in points and just eating too many carbs the last few days. I know I will be up in weight at WI on Sunday. But I will do it. I am trying to get back on track today.

Anyone else here struggling? Anyone else remember slip ups that lasted a few days?

Happy Friday all!

cbressler1976
05-04-2012, 11:34 AM
plunkypear- I haven't slipped up, but I have wanted to quit lately... some days I just feel like I am getting nowhere...

cbigsis
05-04-2012, 11:47 AM
Good morning everyone! I had another really good on plan day yesterday and weighed myself this morning. 144.2, down one pound from last week. Yay! I did a kettlebell workout yesterday that I had not done in months and my legs and butt are really feeling that today. So is my core. ouch

I'm glad I did pretty well all week because the weekend is usually not as good. We usually go out to eat at least once and there are track meets and tennis tournaments to go watch my kids in that makes eating on my regular schedule difficult. But I have a sort of a plan so hopefully I will not backslide too much this weekend. I have some healthy snacks I will pack to take with so I hopefully wont get over hungry and tempted to hit any fast food drive thrus.

cbressler: Thats a good idea. I get discouraged with weighing too even if I can rationalize why the scale may be going up. Waiting for a good time to weigh so I feel its more reliable is better for me.

Itsmyturn: That is amazing what you have accomplished with running! I did my first 5k about 3 1/2 years ago and I think my time was 35 minutes something. I don't run consistently because I get bored with it and then do something else for a while. The last 5k I did last fall was better, just over 29 minutes. I think I have done a C25K program about 3 times! LOL Every time it gets easier.

Plucky: Great job on the interview! That sounds like a great job. Hopefully it will be in a salary range that you can afford to take.

Diana: Congrats on your year of maintenance!! I like your thoughts on living in maintenance. Even if you do go above your range and are able to bring it right back down that is "perfect" Life is not level. There are ups and downs and being able to get things back under control when they are sliding is what we should strive for. We will all slide from time to time. I stopped my weight loss for a year and a half because I was getting too obsessed over it and it was literally ruling my life. I went into a maintenance mode and in that process learned a LOT about myself and my strengths. Now I feel ready to go for that last bit of weight loss without it being the only thing I think about in my day.

Oh and the movie we saw was The Hunger Games. It was excellent! My bf and I took my youngest son who had read all the books. He can be pretty critical of movies from books he has read but said this one was pretty good. :)

kathydee
05-04-2012, 01:19 PM
Diana - congrats on maintaining your goal weight! In many ways that's harder than the initial loss!

Wow the last few days just ran away from me, we were much too busy in the scuba class to think. One of the class mates is severely ADHD and very bright. Hosting him was a full time job. Food was reasonable but no reason to go back and catch up the days here.

House is a bit of a wreck, refrigerator empty - today is a day to catch up after the class. What a fun and rewarding class :0).

Bkfast (out of fruit)
about 3/4c lowfat plain yogurt
2 soft boiled eggs, but one yoke

mamakat
05-04-2012, 02:24 PM
Good Afternoon Everyone,

Diana awesome job on the one year anniversary. That is a long time and every day helps to keep the length of time growing. There's nothing wrong with striving to perfection, that means you're working for it, not that you think you are. It means, you're doing your best and not just trying. Lots of people will say, 'I'll try', but you are saying 'I'll do'. Nothing wrong with that, I actually think its fits nicely...how's your mom?

ItsMyTurn It's the weekend, what are your plans? How's the weather, will you be swimming. Man o man, I wish I had a pool. I'd be a wrinkled prune.

Pluckypear Try not to focus on the slip up, or it's length, but how to get out of it and stay out of it. The slip up is over, or soon will be, now you have to focus on why and how you can prevent it or stop it sooner. Everyone struggles, some of us (struggle with feeding themselves) I'm on day two of not eating (except for dinner that is served to me). That kind of stuff makes you gain as well. Its a struggle, we just got to keep reminding ourselves, we are worth it and fight for that truth :)

I'm sure I missed a lot of people, sorry. My heads in a fog (probably lack o food). I wish all a wonderful Friday and a terrrrrific weekend. My DH has just book tickets for Weird Al on my bday. I'm taking my son as we are the ones who love him. DD wants to see a boy band, that believe it or not, I do not care for :lol: She's mad because I won't take her. Hello, I have social phobia, people scare me (literally) I'm not risking a panic attack for some lame boy band :D Now Weird Al, sure. DH tried to get tickets for Stephen Colbert again, I love this man (DH), but alas it is book into the summer. Again, not a NYC fan so only for Stephen.

OK, I got some typing then errands. I haven't slept for nearly 4 days, thinking and plotting sequel and I haven't finished last chapt, but it's all in the noggin. I just gotta get it out which is hard from lack o sleep and food. She says as her belly growls. I'll do my best to grab a protein shake or two as I run out the door :)

Have a wonderful and healthy evening everyone!

berryblondeboys
05-04-2012, 02:38 PM
I forgot to mention about my anniversary! One year ago, today, I went to my Endo. She is the one that treats my hypothyroidism. She checked my weight, did my exam, gave me a good look over, and crunched some numbers. She asked what I thought about my weight. Then she gave her opinion . . . She thought I was at a good weight and her suggestion was that I try to maintain my weight/weight loss. :yay:

I have been in maintenance for a year, today. I have gone above my maintenance range by a couple pounds only a few times. This was during/after the Christmas holidays. I was also battling a food reaction (allergy). Over all, I am happy with my maintenance. Of course I strive for perfection. Meaning, I would rather not have gone above maintenance range. But, I did have other issues going on at the time (food allergy). So, I do think I have done a good job in this year. ETA: I don't like the way "strive for perfection" sounds. I wanted to clarify my thoughts on this. I am not perfect, nor will I ever be. I know how I am with my eating and my weight history. It is not a good one. I feel I need to keep everything in check or I will get off track. I will take advantage of any little situation that I will allow or that I feel I can get away with. Does this make better sense? ;)

One year down and the rest of my life to go! ;)

Wow! One year! How time flies when it's not ME having to do the maintaining.

I think you have done an amazing job. Not only have you maintained well, you have done it with stressors in your life too. Your consistency has been amazing! A big round of applause from me!

CyberCrystal
05-04-2012, 07:41 PM
Hi everybody-- I have not checked in for a while- but am determined to keep going with this weightloss thing.
I was a bit discouraged because I had a couple of gains even though I thought I was doing the right thing - but anyhow have kept plugging away and think am back on track.
plucky - I hope that job interview went well - and
Diana -- good to hear that your mum is a bit better

I have mapped out my food plan for the day .. and also my man and I are intending to head off on a bit of a jog/ walk in the bush today ( Saturday )
He is still sleeping -- but that is the plan :)

At the moment I am weighing in every Monday. Thinking that I had better see a loss this week.
Have a good day everybody.

kathydee
05-04-2012, 11:30 PM
Plucky, sometimes it's easier to look at weight loss and sustaining weight as a journey not a destination. Sometimes there are rough days. Best not to beat yourself up too much. Toss out the foods giving you trouble and start new tomorrow or even right now :0).

I was never very overweight but did eat up to $100 of food a day and purge 20-40 times daily for 6 years. In '91 a miracle happened and through much work and support I was able to stop the bingeing and purging. I would have had a serious weight problem had the purging stopped and bingeing continued. Over the last 20 years I've had to live with food and eating. Sometimes it's easier than other times. I've had some bad days, but never bad enough to beat myself up or go back to purging. Over time you just roll with the ebb and flow and do whatever you need to to keep sanity with eating.

Today was pretty good

Bkfast
about 3/4c lowfat plain yogurt
2 soft boiled eggs, but one yolk

Lunch
Salad (a little odd)
a large chopped cucumber, a few small tomatoes, several pieces turkey ham for protein
vinegar for dressing and a dab of olive oil

Snack
too much frozen mango
a mango/yogurt smoothie

Dinner
a few thin pork chops
a bunch of steamed kale
a cucumber/tomato salad
1 cold mexican corona with lime for carbs

Desert
Some frozen strawberries

Went to the gym and braved the scale today. Considering that it's that time of the month reading 116.75 lbs was fine with me :-). Much less back sliding than I anticipated

Work out
back/bi - about 1 hour. Have been increasing weights range and number of exercises - there is obvious progress in fitness.

Diana3271
05-04-2012, 11:31 PM
Cbressler Hi :wave: Good to see you.

Pluckypear Sorry to hear that you are struggling. Carbs and sugar are very difficult. Sometimes it's best to go cold turkey for a while. Cut the carbs/sugar and eat a little more non starchy vegetables and protein. I hope today was a better day for you. A couple years ago DH gave me some chocolate for Valentine's day. I worked it in my plan (basically that's all I ate that day, except for some protein). I had sugar cravings for 3 days afterward. It was really hard for me. It was like going through a drug withdrawal.

Cbigsis Good job sticking with your plan and the pound down!

Kathydee Good job staying active.

Mamakat Thank you! I went to see my Mom last night. She seems to be doing a lot better. A friend of my Mom is cooking foods for her. She is pureeing veggies and putting them in cream of chicken/mushroom soup and then thinning it out. She is still struggling with solid foods. But there is a difference in night and day from last week to this week. I am grateful for the improvement. I hope you got some food in you today and you get some sleep this weekend!

Berry Thank you! I hope things are going well for you.

Crystal Please don't get discouraged! We all have daily fluctuations and gains. Sometimes they are for good reason, sometimes for no reason at all. All you can do is find a healthy lifestyle (counting calories, points, or whatever works for you) and stick to it. It will work out for you.

Diana3271
05-04-2012, 11:34 PM

spritz oil in pan
egg 70 cal
Vegetable of choice
juice 75 calories
coffee w/sugar and cream

Lunch (375 Calories)
1 Apple 100 calories

Dinner (700 Calories)
Roast beef 400 calories
Turnip greens 100 calories
broccoli 100 calories
cabbage 100 calories

Exercise:
Susan Chung's RapidFire Results (Cardio Explosion Premix w/weighted gloves)
1000 Jump Ropes

ItsMyTurn
05-05-2012, 01:08 AM
Diana - a full year of maintenance! Wow!!!! Great job!!!! Such an inspiration for such a huge accomplishment! Great job with your workout today... anything with "cardio explosion" in the title has got to be a butt-kicker :lol:

Plucky - Yay for rocking the interview!!! Fingers are crossed an offer is thrown at you! As for slipping? Been there, done that! Around Christmas I had a couple things that were sweet carbs - I actually had withdrawals trying to come back down off them. Needless to say, lesson learned and don't have those anymore - like a crack addict that got a taste, :rofl:

cbressler - Don't quit. It seems like a daunting task sometimes.. but set small mini-goals that are fairly achievable, then you build off them and feel more confident :) So glad you and the scale have come to terms by playing hard to get :lol: Keep measurements too, it helped me during my VERY long plateau. I was still seeing results, but none that showed on the scale

Cbigsis - Hooray for the loss!!! :carrot: That is awesome, every pound counts!!! Heck... I get thrilled on a .2 loss, :lol: You are doing great staying on your plan! Huge kudos to you! Thank you for your kind words. I am so determined to be able to accomplish things, and running was one of them :D

Kathy - Have fun finding some yummy fruits and veggies to fill the fridge with. Great job on increasing the weight! Progress is awesome!!!

Mamakat - You need some sleep girl! :lol: Your thoughts in your typing matched what my brain does without my meds, :rofl: Seriously though, remember that the book WILL get done, but only if you have the energy to write it, that requires some sleep :hug: As for my plans for the weekend - I am going to sleep in tomorrow (heck yea!), get a workout in before the heat hits, then lounge by the pool. I am going to OWN this weekend as mine! I will do a bit of cleaning, but since I have 3 punished kids still on restriction, I believe they can help a bit too :lol: Afterall, since they can't go anywhere, have anyone over, talk to anyone on the phone, and no computer/internet rights... what else have they got to do?

Berry - :wave: good to see you! Hope you are well??

CyberCrystal - We all hit hard spots, but you have to keep going. If the scale doesn't cooperate, then re-evaluate your plan and see what could be adjusted... there is always tweaking to do :) I have full faith you will get a loss doing it right :hug:

Diana3271
05-05-2012, 09:16 AM
Good Morning, Everyone! :wave: I hope you have a great weekend!

In my other check-in (weigh in) someone called my maintenance anniversary my "healthy person birthday". I like that. :D Now, if I can just live up to that. :lol: Every day I want to be bad. :devil: :rofl:

Weigh In: 144.6
Down: 1.2 pounds

Itsmyturn Ha Ha You gotta love the "cardio explosion" title! ;) I knew I had to do that premix on the workout since I am a cardio junkie! I hope you were able to sleep in this morning. I woke at 5 AM and was determined to go back to sleep. I did and woke back up at 7:30. I have found that my body wakes between 5 AM and 6 AM no matter what. It's like it is programmed to do this. That's why I need to get to bed early on the weekends. My schedule is different on the weekends than it is during the week, though. It's hard to get to bed early.

CyberCrystal
05-05-2012, 10:55 AM
Thanks Diana and Itsmyturn - I need all the encouragement that I can get at the moment. I had a great day...went for a bushwalkduring the day and caught up with some good friends for dinner. I had factored the dinner into my plan for the week.
you are right itsmyturn -- If I don't see a loss when I weigh myself on Monday I will have a serious look at what I am doing and see if I can work out what it is that might be the problem.
All the best everybody -- off to bed. It is midnight here.

KittehMomma
05-05-2012, 11:30 AM
Hi, everyone. I am returning to the site after a year's absence--and what a year it has been. Lots of health and weight related issues. I decided it was time to come back here for support and encouragement, and this looked like a good thread (although I realize it will be replaced by a new thread tomorrow). As you can see, I've got a bit of mass to move--and many bad habits to overcome.

Kit

kathydee
05-05-2012, 12:21 PM
Kit: Welcome back, this is a very supportive thread. Hope you join in!

Breakfast
1/2 c some sort of flaky bran healthy looking cereal
1/2c low fat yogurt
about a 1/4 C mango
1 herbal tea

Off to to a good start. I finally leave mexico in 10 days - we have quite a busy dive week lined up starting tomorrow. So today might well be my last free day. Think that I'll go back and visit the incredible beaches ;-)

qtkitty
05-05-2012, 01:01 PM
Just wanted to let ya'll know I am still maintaining. Sick once again I was hoping to be over this by now. Both of my ears are infected and I have an Upper respiratory infection. I haven't been able to hear for a week. I was on an antibiotic this week from Monday on, but Friday I went back to the doctor because it was getting worse instead of better. They changed my antibiotic and gave me ear drops with antibiotics.

I just got off Antibiotics less then a week before I started getting this crud. I am still taking my Vitamins and maintaining instead of trying to stress my body out by eating less. I do not know what more to do.

MRSS2010
05-05-2012, 01:41 PM
Welcome back, Kit. I know it is hard to get going but you can do it.

I am exercising fairly regularly now and I have started (finally) watching what I eat. For example, I know we will be going out for dinner later and for lunch I had some turkey and two slices of cheese but no bread in anticipation of our meal out and the bread with salad and possible pasta. Yesterday we had Italian beef and I had a sandwich only, no chips. I limited my evening libation to two Bud Lights and stopped after that. I did not eat when I got home, hurray

I have been taking a water aerobics class and I was able to grab my right ankle and hold it during the stretch - that was huge for me! I could not do it with the left ankle, but maybe next time. I have been walking as well and I am managing just over - 30 minutes now. My clothes are a little looser on me and my face does not look as bloated. Cool!

I know I need to get a food plan going, but the baby steps I have taken are pretty big for me right now. I mean, I just get up in the a.m, throw some clothes on, find a dog willing to be leashed, and take off for my walk. I missed two days this week due to rain, but I got back on it when the weather improved. I forgot how good it feels to move like this! Sorry for babbling - I hope everyone has a wonderful and restful weekend.

ItsMyTurn
05-05-2012, 03:18 PM
:carrot: 186 this morning. That means down 1.4lbs this week! Amazing what making just a small change can make!! Woohoo~

pluckypear
05-05-2012, 11:21 PM
Thanks all for the supportive comments. I am off to a more positive start today and back on track tomorrow. I will WI tomorrow morning even though I know it will be a gain.
Have a good night and will check in tomorrow for accountability.

Diana3271
05-06-2012, 12:05 AM

I have been having a craving for fried chicken for about a week now. I don't know why because I rarely eat anything fried. Maybe pending TTOM? I hope that's not what it is. I don't need to crave volume, sweet, salty, and now fried foods during TTOM! :rofl: Nothing would surprise me though. Anyways, today was my scheduled higher calorie day, so I decided to fry some chicken for dinner. I ate too much! I am so used to eating out and I can do that in moderation. Everything is so much more difficult when I eat off plan foods at home. I haven't figured my calories, yet. :yikes: Anyways, there will be a gain tomorrow from my dinner tonight. I expected one anyways because of TTOM. Today I was feeling like a blowed up toad frog. I seem to have a drop on the scale right before TTOM starts.

Cybercrystal I'm glad to hear your day went well. :carrot:

KittehMomma Hi and Welcome back! :wave:

Kathydee Do you dive when you are home?

QTkitty Hi :wave: I'm glad you checked in. So sorry to hear that you are still dealing with sickness. Sending healing thoughts your way. :hug:

Mrss2010 Those little steps add up! Keep up the great work!

Itsmyturn Amazing! I am so happy for you! I am glad you figured out what was slowing your weight loss! You are on a roll now! :bravo:

Pluckypear I'm glad today was a better day for you. :hug:

Diana3271
05-06-2012, 12:14 AM
Total Appox 2215 Calories :eek: + :coffee:

I didn't eat crazy tonight, but look how many calories I ate. It is even more than this because I don't add my coffee/cream/sugar and the chicken could be higher. I was trying to keep things in moderation. I wonder how many calories I would have eaten before? :eek:

Breakfast (395 Calories + :coffee:)
spritz oil in pan
egg 70 cal
Vegetable of choice
juice 75 calories
coffee w/sugar and cream

Lunch (320 Calories)
Chicken Salad Sandwich 320 calories

Dinner (1500 calories :yikes:)
3 :yikes: pieces of fried chicken 600 calories (this could be more calories, I'm not sure)
steamed yellow squash 100 calories
1 dinner roll w/butter 200 calories
macaroni and cheese 300 calories
Mock strawberry shortcake 300 calories

Exercise
5 Mile Mall Walk

kathydee
05-06-2012, 01:16 AM
Kitty - hope you are feeling better
Its My turn - congrats on the wt drop :-)
Diana - It's impressive how closely you watch your food, I'm sure tomorrow will be better - just let it all digest and move on ;-).
yes I am an avid diver at home, but will be moving to a different state upon my return - so dive partners and environment will change.

Took myself to one of my favorite deserted beaches today, relaxed and meditated a bit. Feel better.

Food wasn't bad today

Breakfast
1/2 c some sort of flaky bran healthy looking cereal
1/2c low fat yogurt
about a 1/4 C mango

Lunch
1 turkey ham sandwich/wheat bread, slice of cheese,tomato

Snack
about 1/2 the coconut water inside a fresh coconut and a little bit of the meat - a very kind solider chopped open a beautiful one with a knife which had just come off the tree - yum!

Dinner
A couple pieces of grilled Mexican Chicken, I tossed the skin
about 1/2 c rice

Already ate, but joined some friends for dinner
too many chips/salsa and some mineral water

Desert
about 1 c frozen mango

Exercise
3km jog at 10pm after returning from dinner :)

Diana3271
05-06-2012, 09:51 AM
Join me at the new thread!

http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/weight-loss-support/258470-daily-accountability-lifestyle-change-everyone-welcome-week-5-6-12-a.html