Closed Thread

Old 03-17-2003, 07:57 PM   #1  

Default winning points and new 2003 plan

Is t here a difference in the 2002 and 2003 plan? What about the points calcualtor?

Thanks,

Crystal
Old 03-17-2003, 08:11 PM   #2  
Cowboy Up Chick

no the 2002 and 2003 program are the same...I would think the calculator is the same also
Old 04-02-2003, 07:29 PM   #3  

There are changes comes this year. Aug. or Sept.
Old 04-03-2003, 10:34 AM   #4  
Running Babe

I wonder if WW is going to put an even stronger emphasis on refraining from high sugar foods. I am not suggesting WW will become a high protien/low carb plan. Basically in the tools for living there are already healthy eating guidelines, but a few WW, will say eat dessert for dinner (okay guilty as charged). I doubt they'll lose the points system though, it's fabulous. I just think there will be more of an emphasis on the actual foods we eat, while maintaining the flexibility to splurge.
Old 04-03-2003, 12:04 PM   #5  
Cowboy Up Chick

W/W always has and still abides by 'LIMIT SWEETS TO TWO TO THREE TIMES A WEEK' - eat complex carbs and not simple carbs......It is up to all of us to be adults and responisble for what we put in our mouths.
Old 04-04-2003, 08:13 AM   #6  
Cowboy Up Chick

I have not been at goal (been close) but it is because I was not responsible. You may think it is curt or short but it is just a statement...chill!
Old 04-04-2003, 11:33 AM   #7  

What Sweater Girl said was, put "stronger emphasis" on refraining from high sugar foods. I agree . . . I believe there will be MORE emphasis on eating the healthier, whole-grain and vegetable carbs. Studies that have indicated we should eat more whole grains, fewer refined carbs, more legumes, etc. will probably be reflected in some new guidelines from WW.

I think there could also be some extra emphasis on making the fats we consume the healthier ones - olive and canola oils, for instance, instead of butter and margarine.
Old 04-04-2003, 12:50 PM   #8  

I don't know the details, but I have read a little about the supposed new plan on other boards. It is something to do with the "Flex" system and is a little like extreme banking...I really do not understand however!
They have not mentioned anything about this new program at the meeting I work at...but personally I would enjoy something new to spice up the program!
I must admit, I am guilty of spending more pts than I should on unhealthy choices. Especially since I get so many more pts right now (I am nursing dd ) I have treats about 4-5 times a week! This is my personal choice, however, and it works for me! I also eat a lot of low/no pts veggies and fruits, which allows me to have these treats!
I started WW with 1-2-3 Success, and still go by some of those guidelines as opposed to the Winning Pts ones...they are both great programs that can teach us to use habits that will keep us healthy for life!

Last edited by SaskieMom; 04-04-2003 at 12:53 PM.
Old 04-04-2003, 07:37 PM   #9  
Cowboy Up Chick

Maybe it is a different region or different area by my leaders have always put great emphasis on WHOLE GRAINS/COMPLEX CARBS, less SWEETS, LEAN PROTEIN, GOOD FATS. I guess maybe it is just the leaders....LOL!
Old 04-07-2003, 08:44 PM   #10  
That's HOW many points??

This is what was posted at my WW support forum, BCB:

Staff will get the full Program in June and it will be introduced to members
in August or September.

Regular Members:

Instead of a range, for example 20-25 pts., you get a target that's a set
number, in this case it's 22. You must eat at least that number of points.
If you want more than that, you can use activity points or Flex Points.
Everyone gets 35 flex points at the beginning of the week (7 days X 5 pts. =
35 pts.). You don't have to "earn" them and you spend them all at one time,
spread them out, or not use them at all. Eliminates the concepts of banking
and reverse banking.

The lowest target is 20 pts., so the dreaded 18-23 pts. range is eliminated.
Now I won't have to fight with members who are eating 18 or 19 pts. (enough
to sustain an ant) and exercising like maniacs and wondering why they're not
losing.

Also, for members who "take a day off once a week" or "eat what they want on
weekends", there's a way to do that in an orderly fashion with the 35 flex
points.

The new journal is like a check register. You start with your target at the
top and then subtract points instead of adding them.

Here's the basic Maintenance Plan:

The first week you eat your target points and all 35 of your Flex Points. If
you show a loss for 2 weeks in a row, you move up a notch in your target
points and again, eat all of your Target Points and Flex Points.

The target points for the current 18-23 pt. range is 20.
The target points for the current 20-25 pt. range is 22.

The targets move up in increments of 2.
Old 04-09-2003, 09:41 PM   #11  

Whoa! Don't believe everything you read, guys! I'm a WW leader, and although changes are coming to the plan, nothing, and I mean NOTHING, has been decided yet.

They are still coming up with the new program specs, and they won't be available until the summer. Personally, I wouldn't believe anything anyone says until WW rolls it out themselves. And, believe me, WW won't roll it out until they know it works!
Old 04-11-2003, 07:28 PM   #12  

While I really liked the point system in the past, I can't get into it anymore. I'm always so hungry, and anything that is remotely appealing sucks up a quarter of my points for the day. It's too depressing.

If WW does something like is mentioned above, it would be a nice change. However, it does sound like a version of the exchange program that was popular in the early to mid 90s.
Old 04-13-2003, 03:07 PM   #13  

Actually I have to thank Raidermom for posting the WW revisions!

They are indeed accurate, as confirmed by a private conversation I had with a leader today. I didn't go into detail with her, as the new program is very hush-hush and I didn't want to make her feel uncomfortable, but she did seem to confirm what I knew.

I myself am going to start following the new guidelines immediately; I just like them better and think they are an improvement to the program.

WW will still use the points system; just the target point range and way of counting them has been modified.

If anyone has any more information, please don't be afraid to post. I know, from talking to a leader today that WW is really trying to keep a lid on this until the big "announcement" for their 40 year anniversary in September, but I see no harm in discussing it. I mean it's just Weight Watchers program, it's not the Holy Grail! That said, I sure do love the Weight Watchers program and really appreciate the new improvements.

WWbabe
Old 04-13-2003, 09:42 PM   #14  

Quote:
Originally posted by wwbabe
They are indeed accurate, as confirmed by a private conversation I had with a leader today. I didn't go into detail with her, as the new program is very hush-hush and I didn't want to make her feel uncomfortable, but she did seem to confirm what I knew.
WWbabe
You said, "... but she did SEEM to confirm it."

Guys - again, it's NOT the final program...... follow it if you want. BUt I'm not going to tell anyone to do a new version until it's formalized and the kinks are worked out...

Mia's Mom
Old 04-13-2003, 10:20 PM   #15  

Mia's Mom,

I realize nothing's been formalized, but I also realized something interesting today.

When 123 points came out (before winning points), I ate approximately 31 points a day (according to my weight range). Then when Winning Points came out they slightly lowered the points for all levels.

Now that I'm back on Weight Wachers I realize that if I eat the 26 points (SEEMINGLY the new points target for my weight), and if I choose to eat the five additional points alloted per day (flexible points), I'll be eating the same 31 points I ate when I first started the program several years ago! (unfortunately I fell away from WW).
So I can't be that far off track!

So all I'm trying to say is look, I realize the new program is not set in stone, I realize there are kinks to be worked out, but I really like the concept of just a single target point number to eat a day instead of the present range of points, and I really like the concept of flexible points.

I am very excited about the new plan because I think, for several reasons, it is just more suited to my liking.

The main thing is I'm back on Weight Watchers, I'm lowering my calorie intake (by counting points and eating healthy), and I know I'm in this for life. I'll never start another "diet" again. This is my lifestyle change.

I am so grateful to be back, and back on track.
Closed Thread