General Diet Plans and Questions General diet questions, support for various diet plans other than those listed below.

Old 04-28-2012, 07:23 PM   #1  

S/C/G: 150/141/128

Height: 5'3

Default Smashers, Extreme Smashers, 4 Day Dieters.....

Anyone interested in starting one of the above mentioned plans? I'm going to start tomorrow and use this thread for accountability.

I've tried most of Dr. Ian Smith's diets and never really followed completely or finished for that matter. My goals are to get back to a healthy weight and kick my sugar addiction.

Last edited by Meikmeika; 04-28-2012 at 07:27 PM.
Meikmeika is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2012, 03:38 PM   #2  

Induction Day 1 (ID1)

Heaven Help Me!!! LOL!!! I am absoutely starving....good thing I'll be eating dinner within the next hour.

So I went to the gym early this morning to get the exercise portion out the way. Had a banana and yogurt for breakfast, a salad with a good amount of veggies for lunch, and will be having brown rice, collards, and field peas for dinner. All in all, todays gone pretty well. I am kind of cheating with the canned flavored peas & collards but my biggest issue when trying before was the food lacking flavor.

Tomorrow will be the true challenge since I have to get up extra early to exercise and eating well at work is always a challenge.

Weight: 146.5

Last edited by Meikmeika; 04-29-2012 at 03:39 PM.
Old 04-30-2012, 06:05 PM   #3  

ID2

I did well today! Made it to the gym at 5:30am for my exercise.

Since I've gone from drinking 5 or more cups of coffee to 2 I've had quite the headache today. My lunch was a bit odd since I couldn't go without protein, I made a two egg omelete and used half for breakfast and the other for lunch with my rice and collards. My dinner is a big salad.

I no longer dream about sweets, I just can't wait to have rice with my next meal. I don't think I get rice tomorrow but I'm looking forward to the cabbage soup.

I'm 50% done with the Induction and can't wait to add back in meat. I also hope some others may be joining me.

On an interesting note, I went to weigh myself this morning and discovered the scale was broken.....think it's a sign???

Old 05-01-2012, 07:16 PM   #4  

ID3

Another good day with exercise and eating! I had a yogurt, banana & coffee for brkfst. Butter beans and collards for lunch and will be having the cabbage soup for dinner. And I also had grapes and strawberries as snacks.

I was wondering if holding off on getting a scale would be best. If I were to weigh Thurs morning and see I haven't lost weight I will flip out. I've been bloated and my TOM is right around the corner so I may just wait til after my TOM.

75% done with the Induction, on to Day 4 of mainly veggies and fruits.
Old 05-02-2012, 06:40 PM   #5  

Another Good Day!
Old 05-02-2012, 09:49 PM   #6  

S/C/G: 194/Ticker/135

Height: 5'4"

Hey there Meikmeika! I remember you from the previous fat smash post we had a while back. Which one are you doing now? 4 days induction, I'm guessing the 4 day one? I used to love this diet but found another that I love even better (17DD). I love reading on your progress though! Keep up the great work!!
SophieCormier is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2012, 06:29 PM   #7  

Hey Sophie!!! I remember you!!! I figured it would be easier to just start a new post for myself.. Funny that you mention the 17DD I was just glancing at the posts for it and thought I may give it a try. If I get into the 130's before I finish all modules from this plan I may move on to another diet or calorie count. Thanks for stopping by!

TD1
Weight: 143.8 (-2.7lbs)

Woohoo!!! I actually lost some weight. This is why having a scale is key for me b/c I honestly felt bloated and didn't notice anything. Now I know 2lbs isn't much to notice but seeing the number drop on the scale gives me more motivation to continue on.

I did ok today..... Got my workout in, ate well, but had some oriental noodles and a couple craisins on my salad.

Last edited by Meikmeika; 05-03-2012 at 06:30 PM.
Old 05-03-2012, 06:42 PM   #8  

A couple things to know:

1) I don't take the Psyllium Husks
2) I drink more coffee than allowed
3) I don't follow his menu to the letter. If I have fruit or veggies on hand that isn't listed I still eat them. For instance, the cabbage soup yielded hella servings and his plan has only allowed 2 cps so far. I refuse to throw it out and don't have the freezer space, therefore I had a piece of chicken with cabbage soup for lunch. I took out the beans and replaced with the soup, may not be the best idea but hey...

These next four days will really tell me if my tweaks are hurting me. All in all I'm eating healthier, getting exercise, and making it work the best I can.

The only thing that bothers me is I can't have rice these next four days. You are allowed 2 snacks and pasta is listed in the snack section, so I'm thinking I can switch up a half cp of brown rice if need be. I know I know...here I go again changing something else up.
Old 05-04-2012, 06:48 PM   #9  

TD2

I guess I should say I'm loosely following this plan b/c I didn't eat anything on the menu with the exception of grilled fish. I didn't eat badly but I know he states you must follow the menu. Like I said before we'll see if my switching things up hinders my weight loss.

I can say that I cheated since I ate 2 bananas today and had watermelon but it was just fruit. Before doing this plan a cheat day consisted of cake, cookies, and sweets oh my!

I exercised for 60 mins straight instead of 2 sessions.