General chatter - My never-suppress-a-compliment challenge.

danzingurl77
04-28-2012, 04:29 PM
Yesterday was a long day- I was feeling kind of down, at the end of my shift, the girl I had been training said "I've been wanting to tell you all day, buy thought you might think I'm weird- but you are absolutley beautiful." my bad day did a 180.

I often have nice thoughts about people but am too shy to express them. What if I could do for someone else what this girl did for me??

So- I'm challenging myself to give out at least one genuine compliment each day. I feel like I set sonny health and fitness goals- it'll be a great change for me to make a personality goal.

Just wanted to share how much that little thing really made me feel better- and I hope I can continue the trend :) that's all!

jules1216
04-28-2012, 04:54 PM
what a great idea!

vixxi
04-28-2012, 07:06 PM
I like this idea, it feels good to get complimented but it feels great to give them too! I think it's wonderful that a simple compliment like "You have beautiful blue eyes"! can makes someone feel special. :D

samcakes
04-28-2012, 09:18 PM
I LOVE TO DO THIS! i had the same idea you did a few years ago, when i was waiting on a table with a little girl and her grandma. it was the girls 5th birthday, and as a suprise i brought her a big fancy dessert with candles (not really company policy, but she was sooo happy)

she drew a picture of me and her holding hands, and they put it in the comment box at work with a note telling me that the girl just loved me. it made me so happy

i love to give out sincere compliments to anyone and everyone. i love to see peoples eyes light up when you are the first person to mention their new haircut, or tell them that they have a beautiful smile.

more people should do this. i love this idea

LeilaJey
04-29-2012, 05:43 AM
That's lovely :) I also try to say nice things when I think them.