Ideal Protein Diet - Chicken a la King Flavoured Pottage Mix

ProteinGal
04-28-2012, 03:44 PM
Our clinic just got this in. Chicken a la King Flavoured Pottage Mix.

Chicken a la King Flavoured Pottage Mix
Peasant meal of medieval times; quick, warm and filling modern meal. The pottage has its roots deep in history, the amount of ingredients used marking the difference between peasantry and nobility. Taste it once, thy will feel as we do: Such a thick and hearty delight, fit for kings!

Any comments, likes, dislikes?

Andie0606
04-28-2012, 03:59 PM
I've had it...delicious!

pegv
04-28-2012, 04:45 PM
I had it this week and loved it! I think it would be awesome over the potatoes and then split in half.

Peg

Jewelrydiva
04-28-2012, 05:21 PM
I was just wondering about this

mylastdiet
04-28-2012, 05:39 PM
I purchased two packets of this because my family enjoys chicken ala king, so i thought this was something i could have when they have theirs.
Here are my thoughts: the flavor was good, but almost identical to the chicken soup (cream, not noodle). The dehydrated pieces in it were very hard, but gave some bulk to it, which I enjoy.
I think for the second packet, I will let it sit a bit longer before eating it. Maybe that will help rehydrate the pieces and parts. If not, I probably won't buy it again because I am already adding veggies to the original chicken soup, but my veggies are tender and identifiable.

pegv
04-28-2012, 06:01 PM
I added some leftover cauliflower to mine and yes you have to let it set for a couple of minutes to soften the vegies. I absolutely hate the chicken soup but this was good.

IrishLass59
04-28-2012, 07:32 PM
I did not think it was as good as the cream of chicken soup, which I love.

lildvl
04-28-2012, 07:57 PM
Is this a restricted item?

drakegirl
04-28-2012, 10:35 PM
Not restricted

Andie0606
04-28-2012, 10:36 PM
Is this a restricted item?

No, non-restricted.

Beanie Mommy
04-28-2012, 10:44 PM
I had it for lunch last Thursday plus a salad. It was REALLY filling and it tasted yummy. I will keep a few packs around for days when I am extra hungry.

I loved the little bits of corn in there. Mine sat for at least 5 minutes while I was eating my salad, and the pieces all rehydrated very nicely for me.

ProteinGal
04-29-2012, 06:05 AM
good to hear, hope they have some left when I go WI on Monday, thanks all for your reviews.

qsuzi1
05-17-2012, 02:36 PM
For those having issues with hard veggies or the chicken in this product, try this alternative cooking method. Simmer in a pan for 10 minutes or so and also use 8 ounces of water since the product is thicher using the pan method. This solves the problem.

IPdivajen
05-17-2012, 02:37 PM
I tried it yesterday and am not a fan. :( It tasted like paste to me. My veggies never reconstituted, no matter how long I let them sit.

The new strawberry wafer cookies, however, are to DIE for!

qsuzi1
05-17-2012, 02:58 PM
Those strawberry wafers are so delicious they are on my don't order list because they are 200 calories and would be so hard to avoid. The Chicken Ala King is pasty as you say.. Some of the items the IP poll show others liking products I don't like and vice versa. My coach encouraged me to try a wide variety of the foods.

staceyjblack
05-17-2012, 02:58 PM
I am eating it right now for the first time and I love it- I think it taste like chicken pot pie. Will definitely keep this on hand.

sanaroph
05-17-2012, 03:07 PM
I think I will have to try this again with cauliflower. It did not do much for me because I probably just had it heated with water. Will also try using the stove method :D

cupcakecathy
05-17-2012, 03:18 PM
On my list for next week, my clinic was getting them in stock today. I like the fact I can go week to week with different foods so i don't get bored.

michellerj
05-17-2012, 03:22 PM
I had this today for lunch. I added cooked mushrooms to it and really liked it. I let it sit for quite a while before eating...long enough that I needed to reheat it and had no issues with veggies and chicken not being reconstituted.

Also those Strawberry wafers....OH DEAR...so good...glad I only bought one package. Those will be a temptation I can't keep around!

Michelle

usmcvet
05-17-2012, 03:53 PM
I had a sample given to me last week and bought a box of it today at WI. It is not something I would usually use. It was one of the MRE (meals ready to eat) meals I used to trade or try to trade when I was in the Marine Corps. That and the dehydrated pork patty, NASTY.

We did not have the heater tablets in our meals then that they have now and it tasted nasty cold and the MRE high fat content was nasty cold. Hot would have probably been very good. But back to IP. It is good. I actually used some of it as a sauce last week and ate some from my bowl. I can not remember what I used it on, it may have been a small baked potato (I'm on the alternative Phase 1 Plan) or my veggies. It was filling.

Cadu
05-17-2012, 08:51 PM
I tried this today and I liked it. It filled me up.. It was thick and hearty, kinda like a comfort food. Also the new strawberry wafers are very very dangerous.. :drool:

usmcvet
05-17-2012, 09:13 PM
I tried this today and I liked it. It filled me up.. It was thick and hearty, kinda like a comfort food. Also the new strawberry wafers are very very dangerous.. :drool:
Yup I tried a 1/4 of the strawberry wafer last week at WI it was awesome put I already eat too many restricted packets. :devil:

Aud007
05-17-2012, 10:01 PM
I'm hoping they will have it this week at my center. The last two weeks they had not received it. It will come ;-) Patience!

ProteinGal
05-18-2012, 08:51 AM
I let it sit for quite a while before eating...long enough that I needed to reheat it and had no issues with veggies and chicken not being reconstituted.

Yes, i noticed this too....its really good when you simmer it on low in a pot over the stove for awhile, the noodles and veggies get nice and soft this way.

NOVAScents
05-18-2012, 09:21 AM
mmmmm It sounds YUUMMY!

locks
05-18-2012, 11:41 AM
I put the chicken a la king over cauliflower all mashed up, next time will cook it more was a bit hard. The strawberry waffers omg they are good. My coach told me to keep them for days I work out, like half before the gym, half after because they are higher calories.

mylastdiet
05-18-2012, 05:40 PM
I will definitely try the stove-top method on the next packet. The flavor was good. I love that some of you are using it as a sauce or gravy. That's a great idea!
As for the new strawberry cookie - OMGoodness! I won't be buying any more because it was way WAY too good. It's a good thing I only had the one packet, because an entire box would have been a game ender for me.

tink86
05-18-2012, 10:26 PM
I like the Chicken a la king but it is not spectacular. That is a good thing though because the Strawberry Wafers are spectacular and that scares me. I am starting to crave them. Not good.

fam4me
05-18-2012, 11:03 PM
It wasn't my favorite the first time. The next time, I mixed it the night before and put it in the fridge. Then heated is up and liked it much better. Veggies were soft and it seemed to lose that "protien" taste.

Zartas
05-19-2012, 12:34 AM
I put the chicken a la king over cauliflower all mashed up, next time will cook it more was a bit hard. The strawberry waffers omg they are good. My coach told me to keep them for days I work out, like half before the gym, half after because they are higher calories.
I had mine over mashed cauliflower as well. Added a little rosemary and sage and it was good, and filling.

sprite613
05-19-2012, 09:49 AM
I like it juist the way it is, but I have yet to try it over veggies. It tasted like pot pie to me and I added a little more water to make it less thick. It was also a nice treat to have the corn pieces in there, since corn is one of my favorite veggies that I can't have yet.

I thought it was a restricted food, like the chili. Am I wrong?

I got one of the strawberry wafers that everyone is talking about, but haven't tried it yet. I also got one of the mashed potato mixes. How are those? Any suggestions on preparation, or just liek it says on the package?

usmcvet
05-19-2012, 09:53 AM
I made the mashed following. The instructions. Adding chives would have been nice. I had them at Easter while everyone else had mashed it was a goukd comfort food.

qsuzi1
05-19-2012, 10:34 AM
Sprite, it is NOT restricted.

StaceyGardner
06-10-2013, 12:42 PM
I just ate the Chicken Ala King and found it to be very good. I added a little garlic powder and onion salt. I prepared it before going to work and put it in the fridge until lunch. When I reheated it I added a little chicken broth and it was like a nice cream of chicken soup. Not bad!!