Chicks in Control Overeating? Binging? Share uplifting support and gain control!

Old 04-27-2012, 03:54 PM   #1  

S/C/G: 164/--/--

Height: 5'7"

Default Really strong urge to binge today

I'm pretty much in the middle of a binge right now--AT WORK. This rarely ever happens. It's not even over yet because i have the urge to go out and buy more binge food.

First i ate my usual lunch stuff (quite a bit of food)...fine no problem. then i was still hungry. i knew all morning that today would be bad food-wise...i could just tell. so i ate a stale donut that was sitting in the kitchen...donuts had been sitting there for FOUR DAYS and i didn't even look at them...now they didn't even taste good but i ate one. then i went to the vending machine and bought pop-tarts (most sugar bang for the buck). i want more...and i could plow through and resist for the rest of the work day (while not getting any work done, just watching the clock) but that will only last until i make it home and binge.

WOW. i know this is crazy. you know it's bad when it's affecting your ability to work! I am seeing a doctor next week. i just don't feel right.
surfergirl2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2012, 04:11 PM   #2  

Um...i even lied, no one saw me eat the poptarts but they did see me eat the donuts, so i'm all like "ugh i ate that donut" confessing to my coworker, omitting the fact that i ate poptarts too!
Old 04-27-2012, 04:51 PM   #3  

I know this feeling all to well and I'm sorry you're struggling with it right now.

Is there any chance you can get out to take a 10 minute walk? That will often make me feel better and get my mind off of binging long enough so that I can re-focus on something else (work, chores, reading, etc.).
missphalange is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2012, 05:17 PM   #4  

Quote:
Originally Posted by missphalange View Post
I know this feeling all to well and I'm sorry you're struggling with it right now.

Is there any chance you can get out to take a 10 minute walk? That will often make me feel better and get my mind off of binging long enough so that I can re-focus on something else (work, chores, reading, etc.).
Well i was thinking about taking a "walk" to the 7-eleven to buy more food. But really i should just stop. Because i added up the calories and i'm only at 1850. Sure, the day is only half over, which means i will probably end up at 3000, but that's not so bad. No reason to get down on myself and go insane with the binging. Maybe i can actually try the moderation route for once...and not continue binging just because i started to. Because really, a donut and 2 poptarts is really nothing compared to some of my binges!
Old 04-27-2012, 05:19 PM   #5  

Quote:
Originally Posted by surfergirl2 View Post
Well i was thinking about taking a "walk" to the 7-eleven to buy more food. But really i should just stop. Because i added up the calories and i'm only at 1850. Sure, the day is only half over, which means i will probably end up at 3000, but that's not so bad. No reason to get down on myself and go insane with the binging. Maybe i can actually try the moderation route for once...and not continue binging just because i started to. Because really, a donut and 2 poptarts is really nothing compared to some of my binges!
Yup. Think of it as a snack and keep moving on!
missphalange is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2012, 05:45 PM   #6  
Shairing her ESH...

S/C/G: 350/321/TBD

Height: 5'6"

First of all, you reached out mid-binge...that is a good thing! Who knows what else you may have consumed had you not come here!

You said you could "just tell" that today would be a bad food day....care to elaborate? Did you think you were going to be stressed? bored? anxious? worried? What prompted you to say that?
Jen415 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2012, 05:48 PM   #7  

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jen415 View Post
First of all, you reached out mid-binge...that is a good thing! Who knows what else you may have consumed had you not come here!

You said you could "just tell" that today would be a bad food day....care to elaborate? Did you think you were going to be stressed? bored? anxious? worried? What prompted you to say that?
Sometimes i have really strong hunger that is physical...and i can deal with that. But when i have really strong hunger that is mental, i know i will break down. I had the mental kind this morning. My stomach wasn't growling or anything but i just really, really wanted to eat. I told myself to just wait for lunch...and i was able to make it (barely)...but i knew once i started eating, i wouldn't want to stop.
Old 04-27-2012, 06:35 PM   #8  
onedayatatimer

S/C/G: 224/ticker/145-155

Height: 5'9.5"

Start drinking lots of water and write down your plan of what you will eat for the rest of the day. If you can jump back right on track, this will be huge progress! You can do it!
luckymommy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2012, 07:07 PM   #9  

Quote:
Originally Posted by luckymommy View Post
Start drinking lots of water and write down your plan of what you will eat for the rest of the day. If you can jump back right on track, this will be huge progress! You can do it!
Aww...thanks...maybe you're right...that's is a huge step to stop a binge. Well so far i haven't gone out for a snack so that's good Ok here's my plan...going to keep it to under 3000 calories total today. That's obviously higher than my normal intake, but call it damage control...it really isn't that much. When i binge i often end up at 4000-5000 calories in a day. 3000 is only a few hundred over maintenance.
Old 04-27-2012, 07:18 PM   #10  

S/C/G: size 20/14/10

Height: 5' 7"

Usually I am able to find a distraction that will work. Today I am having the same problem...not sure if it is a TOM is coming thing or what. So far I have been able to teeter near the edge without falling over. I keep eating more...but it has only been protein so far. If I pick up a carb today it is likely going to get ugly. Slurp. Glug. Another bottle if water and a tablespoon of natural peanutbutter!

Hang in there!!!
mariposssa is offline   Reply With Quote