Old 04-27-2012, 12:39 PM   #1  
Sally

S/C/G: 222.5/207.6/140

Height: 5' 3"

Default Exercise.....ewwwww

My Daughter called me downstairs to the basement last night, and I thought, what, I am resting. Well when I got down there she had the Wi ready to go....showing me how to set it up, turn it on, so on. So that I could do the dancing one she has and the exercise one she has. She says I think you can start moving with these and not hurt your foot, knees or shoulder....areas I am having or have a problem with. So now that she has shown me, kind of gently pushed me. Guess I need to get off my F^% Butt and do something. Have I ever mentioned that I really do not like to exercise....if not, well here goes I don't like it.
Sallyannb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2012, 02:23 PM   #2  
Vegetarian college girl

S/C/G: 185/157/140

Height: 5'9"

That's very nice of her she seems to genuinely care; I guess she knows you're trying to lose weight and she wants to help. AWWW
wtfudge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2012, 02:59 PM   #3  
Just watch me ...

Hmmmmm. What exercises have you tried and hated? There's lots of stuff out there to choose from, try the one you hate the least & after a few weeks of moving around and getting more oxygen in your body you'll likely start feeling better.

Last edited by Exhale15; 04-27-2012 at 03:11 PM.
Exhale15 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2012, 05:13 PM   #4  
Sally

Quote:
Originally Posted by Exhale15 View Post
Hmmmmm. What exercises have you tried and hated? There's lots of stuff out there to choose from, try the one you hate the least & after a few weeks of moving around and getting more oxygen in your body you'll likely start feeling better.
It is a general all around hate....lol. I do like to swim and hopefully it will get warm enough soon that we will open and heat the pool. You made me smile with "try the one you hate the least."
Old 04-28-2012, 01:16 PM   #5  

S/C/G: 172/172/152

Height: 5'3"

Exercise is HARD when you are overweight and not used to using your body in a physical way. It's uncomfortable. But I promise you, it gets easier... and when it does, it's so much more enjoyable. Start simple... walking around the neighborhood. Keep at it. You'll be surprised how nice it can be when you aren't huffing and puffing the whole time

I used to hate it and now I'm positively hooked. It's been a great motivator on this journey and really fun to keep getting fitter as I've lost the weight and conditioned by body to do things I never thought I could
wickedlady is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2012, 04:30 PM   #6  
girl disappearing

S/C/G: 311/239.2/195

Height: 5'5"

Quote:
Originally Posted by wickedlady View Post
Exercise is HARD when you are overweight and not used to using your body in a physical way. It's uncomfortable. But I promise you, it gets easier... and when it does, it's so much more enjoyable. Start simple... walking around the neighborhood. Keep at it. You'll be surprised how nice it can be when you aren't huffing and puffing the whole time

I used to hate it and now I'm positively hooked. It's been a great motivator on this journey and really fun to keep getting fitter as I've lost the weight and conditioned by body to do things I never thought I could
I agree with all of this, especially about it getting easier. A year ago when I started, exercise was the worst. I had to force myself each and every time. Now I absolutely love it and I do think it's a matter of experimentation and finding the right exercise(s) for you!
Tudor Rose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2012, 06:42 PM   #7  
Sally

Out and about today after my Morning WI. I put on my best supportive shoes and with a friend we did our grocery shopping together, breakfast, and just generally spending time together. She is going to be doing a walk for Cancer, so she wants to walk all she can, me I just want to get from a to b. So with that little walking, I am now limping from a chair to the kitchen, it is not my weight that is holding me back, but some medical problems with my body. But I plan to walk again tomorrow, but this time I think I may take my cane, just in case. To be 54 and need a cane, sucks, hoping this 80 pounds I plan to loss, makes the cane go bye bye. You are all so great...thanks.
Old 04-28-2012, 07:59 PM   #8  

S/C/G: 172/172/152

you can do it! Keep it up!!
wickedlady is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2012, 08:08 PM   #9  
Fat to Fab and Fit

S/C/G: 190/151.2/122

congrats! You will be amazed that if you keep up your walking, months from now you may walk cane free. Start slow and listen to your body. Perhaps getting a pedometer would help to inspire you? You could add a few steps each day.
Sum38 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2012, 08:11 PM   #10  
Fat to Fab and Fit

S/C/G: 190/151.2/122

Also, I do Nordic walking with poles. I tend to hunch over and get back aches, they keep my back straight. Walking poles could help you as well, plus it gives a work out to your upper body as well.
Sum38 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2012, 08:43 PM   #11  
Sally

I never thought of walking sticks that is a good idea. I find with the cane that it can get hard on the shoulder...well it has, it has caused a problem there...lol. Thanks for the idea.