Ideal Protein Diet - IP Daily Chat Friday 4/27/12

View Full Version : IP Daily Chat Friday 4/27/12

wuv2bloved
04-27-2012, 01:04 AM
Welcome back to the Daily Chat thread - post your plans for today, share what's been happening, ask questions!

:welcome3:

Some forum lingo:
NSV = Non-scale victory
TOM = time of the month
WI = Weigh-in
WF = Walden Farms
OP = on program

Bookmarking:
Ideal Protein Sub-forum Home page
Consider making it a bookmark or a favorite in your browser so you can come back easily to get your RDA of Ideal Protein information.
Ideal Protein Sub-forum Home Page (http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/ideal-protein-diet-236/)

Information for newbies:
Check the sticky page for lots of good information and please read before asking what might be a frequently asked question here in the daily thread: Information on Ideal Protein phases (1-4), recipes, newbie guide, FAQ, and other important threads. (http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/ideal-protein-diet/238801-ip-ultimate-list-recipes-faq-newbie-guide-other-important-threads.html)

Tickers and Signatures:
There are 2 requirements to have access to signatures and tickers. You must have been a member of 3fatchicks for 20 days AND posted at least 20 messages anywhere on the 3fatchicks forum. When you've met those requirements check The Ultimate Signature and Ticker Thread (http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/announcements-forum-help/203435-ultimate-one-stop-signature-ticker-thread-read-here-if-you-have-questions.html)for more information and instructions.

Quoting:
The best quoting tip (http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/announcements-forum-help/203435-ultimate-one-stop-signature-ticker-thread-read-here-if-you-have-questions.html)- EVER!! Thanks Rosie, aka 6710.

Searching:
If you can't find what you're looking for in this forum using the website search function, try using the "double search" using Google.

1) Go to google.com. Search 3fatchicks by using the term site:3fatchicks.com at the end of your google search.

For example, if you want to look for "big mac in a bowl", type "big mac in a bowl site:3fatchicks.com" in google search. No need to inlucde the quotation marks when you type.

2) This will bring up the page that you are looking for, now hit Ctrl+F to search on that page. Type "big mac in a bowl" and all instances of that search term will be highlighted.

Progress photos:
have been moved to the Mini-Goal Photo Album. (http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/mini-goals-201/)

Other helpful links related to the Ideal Protein diet:
Dr. Tran Tien Chanh's website (http://www.trantiendiet.com/site/spip.php?rubrique19)

Dr. Tran Tien Chanh's book (PDF file): The Unbalanced Diet Approach to a Slimmer You

wuv2bloved
04-27-2012, 01:12 AM
I stayed up tonight even thought I am dead tired to start today's thread. ONE year ago today I changed my life when I started Ideal Protein and found this site since then I have met online outstanding ladies and gentlemen on this forum that are all going through the same thing that I have gone through. Trust me when I say IT CAN BE DONE! I would like to say thank each and every one of you for letting me become part of your lives. It has helped me more than you will ever know to stay focused while on my journey. All of the support and encouragement that we give each other here is something that some of us don't get at home and it means the world and keeps us on track.

Everyone of you will have struggles but NEVER EVER GIVE UP......stay strong, focused, dedicated and committed to YOURSELVES.......YOU ARE WORTH IT......never let anyone tell you different. Hold your head up high and take pride in what you are doing for yourselves.....

154lbs of Pride is where I stand and I am NOT stopping, I am going to the end....when I am done I will stand proudly and say that I have loss 188lbs and I will NEVER GO BACK TO THAT.....Thank you IP for helping me learn how to live again!!!!!!

Cadu
04-27-2012, 03:52 AM
Happy anniversary Wuv.!!!!!
Thank you for being the caring supportive inspirational person that you are and for sharing your journey with us.

Cadu
04-27-2012, 03:58 AM
Good Morning Everybody

I have been up since 2:00 this morning and cant get back to sleep so I thought I would come here and catch up on yesterdays posts. I am so amazed at all the the posts with all the great WI's and NSV's, positive attitudes and encouragement that is shared among everyone. I have never been a part of something so big and so positive. Thanks to you all.

Ok, so I am extra tired & feeling kinda emotional and mushy. I think I will try to go back and get a couple more hours sleep. Have a great day everybody.

Samba
04-27-2012, 05:15 AM
Lisa, thank you for starting the daiky thread. Congrats on the anniversary of the start of a new life! When you talk about it, I realize how much IP has changed me also. I feel so lucky to have found IP as I had almost resigned myself to an unhealthy, unhappy existence!

Carol, Hope you are getting some sleep. I just woke up in the middle of my night too!

I used to wake up and think first of what I would eat. Now, I feel better and the foods and weight that drove that behavior are gone from my life. I wake up thinking about what I am going to "do" and experience during the day now.

I did not realize before how te extra weight and the types of food I took in so drove my eating behavior. Now, there is not the feelings of guilt I used to hold around that. It all makes sense to me after what I have learned over the past several months. What a wonderful gift to be able to break that cycle!!

It is awesome the support that exists here. I honestly believe that we help ourselves so much by helping others. It is a win all around. Community is an important thing in assisting any of us to achieve changes. Thank you everyone for being here!

My son has lost over 30lbs. He has more to go, but my IP journey has opened the doors for learning and change in his life. Hubby weighed for the first time since he began following along in our eating. He does not have much to lose but is 14lbs down. Both of these guys have been great supporters to me. Our entire family has learned so much about carb metabolism and nutition, that we sound like diet evangelists when people ask us questions!

Yesterday at the health fair where ice cream and cookies were being served, we sat and watched as the obese people had these items more than others. It was not long ago that I would have been there also. I don"t have judgement as I know it is not about being weak so much as the extra weight and the carb addiction compell us biologically further down that path when we get caught in it! Thanks to IP, I was fortunate to escape the trap!

salmongirl
04-27-2012, 06:58 AM
Happy Anniversary Wuv! Wow you have accomplished so much in one year. You inspire all of us and yourself. Thank you! Keep up the good work.

MissRuutu
04-27-2012, 07:02 AM
Wow, thats amazing! I've still got a ways to go, thanks for the encouragement! :)

Dakin
04-27-2012, 07:20 AM
Good morning IP family!

Wuv, I can honestly say that, although I've only been here a short time, you have become an influence on my life. Thank you for being who you are, and congratulations on your anniversary.

Cadu: Sorry you're not sleeping. Hope you get some good rest over the weekend.

Good morning everyone! I'm at school early to schmmoze at the Honor Roll breakfast for our kiddos. Had to leave early, and accidentally forgot my lunch! (OH NO!) But, I've already asked the cafeteria to hold a salad for me (we run out every day) and will make due with Ken's light Italian dressing. I don't think it will mess me up too badly, do you?

Have a great day everyone!

lilone1357
04-27-2012, 07:24 AM
Good Morning Everyone !!! Happy Anniversary Wuv.!!!!!
your story is amazing.. and so inspiring to all of us !!!
I hit a milestone this week I am less then 20 pd from goal !!! I was very excited.. I love this site and everyone on it for the love and support I get.. Thanks...and Hugs to everyone !!!

Pookiepotpie2
04-27-2012, 07:31 AM
Good morning IP family!
I've already asked the cafeteria to hold a salad for me (we run out every day) and will make due with Ken's light Italian dressing. I don't think it will mess me up too badly, do you?

Good Morning Dakin :) I found a web site called American Diabetes Wholesale and they have the best prices on Walden Farms products I have seen anywhere. They sell packets of dressings and other items I order the packets to keep in my purse or pack in my lunch. I can't tell you how many time me and my husband have used my "just in case" dressings. I am bumped out of ketosis so easily for me it was worth the cost (not cheap :no:)

sounds like you are doing great asking them to hold a salad was quick on your feet:carrot:

usmcvet
04-27-2012, 07:37 AM
Wuv. You Rock. I look forward to checking in with all of you each day, it is time well spent. The positive vibes are awesome. Today I have a 9:30 fasting lab. I used to dread them but I'm so excited to see my numbers. Then my testosterone shot following my labs. I've needed T since my first round of chemotherapy in 2004 knocked me into hypogonadism.

usmcvet
04-27-2012, 07:48 AM
Does the cafeteria have oil and vinegar. That's what I used several times on vacation this week.

prettyone
04-27-2012, 07:52 AM
Good Morning All.
First off I want to say Congrats Wuv! Today Im feeling pretty good. I have been wearing shirts the last 2 days that fit me snug in the past that were in the back of the closet. Im happy to say they now fit a lil loose. Good Luck to all on the IP journey I am finding my way. You guys are the best source of inspiration and motivation.

prettyone
04-27-2012, 07:55 AM
Good Morning Dakin :) I found a web site called American Diabetes Wholesale and they have the best prices on Walden Farms products I have seen anywhere. They sell packets of dressings and other items I order the packets to keep in my purse or pack in my lunch. I can't tell you how many time me and my husband have used my "just in case" dressings. I am bumped out of ketosis so easily for me it was worth the cost (not cheap :no:)

sounds like you are doing great asking them to hold a salad was quick on your feet:carrot:

Good Morning. I also found that website the other day and placed a order for WF products. I got them yesterday. The prices were wayyy cheaper. I cant wait to try the products.

LizRR
04-27-2012, 07:58 AM
HAPPY HAPPY HAPPY ANNIVERSARY WUV!!! Your journey continues to inspire me!

And Cadu...awww, just think of how mushy all that released estrogen is making you...from all that fat burning you've been doing!

WI#8 for me today, I swear I still feel TOM "effects" (bloated, blah) a week later, but remain OP 100% and keep all of the faith in this program!

Stay thirsty my friends...and drink plenty of water!

Pookiepotpie2
04-27-2012, 07:58 AM
Happy anniversary Wuv:congrat:

I am going away to my mom's for the weekend but she is very supportive of what I am doing except she doesn't fully understand she wants to go out to dinner to a "healthy" pizza place:D I told her we should go for Chinese (steamed chicken and veggies) but her heart was in the right place. I am packing up everything I need (shakers,WF dressing,magic bullet) and a few extra IP packets so if something happens I will be eating extra IP not bad foods. I had a NSV this morning (sort of lol) I use my Wii to do some stretching and balance and there is a BMI measurement tool and for 5 years it has announced out loud "That's Obese" this morning it said "That's Overweight" it was so weird I don't even listen to it when I am staring up but that caught my attention I am Overweight!!!:cheer: ROFL

I hope everyone has a good day and a wonderful weekend I will log on from Mom's if I need support.

3sisters
04-27-2012, 08:16 AM
Wuv, congratulations to you! How empowering to KNOW that you are the one in control of your life now. I am feeling stronger every day thanks, in no small part, to you, Sewmam, New Englander, Cadu......so many others - I shouldn't name names fearing I might slight someone, as everyone on this site contributes to helping me in little and big ways every single day. You all are great motivators and role models, and I thank you!

luvthesun
04-27-2012, 08:27 AM
Wow! Some amazing results! I'm convinced this program is great because REAL people (unpaid) are vouching for it! A good friend is a personal trainer to the stars and what REALLY gets some of those stars to lose the weight is NOT because of the diet program they are advertising....I'm just happy to see there is support out there for this.....im just beginning today and because I started it once before I feel a little anxious already knowing the bad/good that comes along the way. Here's to taking it one day at a time!

mom3girls63
04-27-2012, 08:30 AM
Good Morning Everyone! Day 6 - WUV, the last six days you have been my inspiration and I look at your picture and think, "that could be me!" Congrats on your 1 year anniversary. You prove to me that it can be done.

Last night I was sooooo hungry (mentally). My body was fine, but I so wanted to crawl into the comfort of a big, hot pizza. This morning, I am still thinking about the pizza, but my WI is tomorrow morning and I am more concentrated on that than food.

My plan was to WI tomorrow and then have a pizza and then get right back on plan, but why would I screw up a whole weeks worth of excellence for one meal (and I would feel miserable afterwards!)? I know what would happen, I would eat the pizza and feel completely bloated and sick and then I would beat myself up mentally for having done it. Just avoid the whole thing and stay on plan and enjoy the "new me!"

I can't wait to come back tomorrow and report my WI!

Everyone have a beautiful day!

Sewmam
04-27-2012, 08:52 AM
Everyone of you will have struggles but NEVER EVER GIVE UP......stay strong, focused, dedicated and committed to YOURSELVES.......YOU ARE WORTH IT......never let anyone tell you different. Hold your head up high and take pride in what you are doing for yourselves.....

154lbs of Pride is where I stand and I am NOT stopping, I am going to the end....when I am done I will stand proudly and say that I have loss 188lbs and I will NEVER GO BACK TO THAT.....Thank you IP for helping me learn how to live again!!!!!!

Yeah!!!! Now you've got me tearing up too! Congratulations and thank you so very, very much!

I am so amazed at all the the posts with all the great WI's and NSV's, positive attitudes and encouragement that is shared among everyone. I have never been a part of something so big and so positive. Thanks to you all.

Carol, I just wanted to say that I count you as one of the people who writes lovely, supportive responses too. Much appreciated.... :hug:

It is awesome the support that exists here. I honestly believe that we help ourselves so much by helping others. It is a win all around. Community is an important thing in assisting any of us to achieve changes. Thank you everyone for being here!

Samba, you are one of the folks who's posts I love to read - always thoughtful, insightful and compassionate. Thank you!!

I found a web site called American Diabetes Wholesale and they have the best prices on Walden Farms products I have seen anywhere.

Thanks! I love those packets too - my store stopped carrying them for some reason, and they come in handy on-the-run. I'm in Phase 4 and don't always need them, but still like them.

---

Good morning everybody! Another cool morning here, a bit overcast and windy. I will start painting my carport today and am about to put an ad in the paper for a garage sale for next weekend. The sooner I can clear out stuff in the basement, the sooner I can paint that area too. One step at a time...

ChaloJ and Cadu: I think it was ipat that posted the link on water intoxication, where you get too much water. I believe that is from drinking gallons of water like an athlete might do, to where it totally depletes your electrolytes and you can go into shock. The role that salt plays is still a little muddy to me, but here's what I'm thinking. From what I remember in my chem engineering/organic chemistry, nature likes a balance. If the balance desired in the body is a certain pH in the blood or fluids, then it will use it's resources to balance it, so if the body needs a certain salt level to maintain a certain pH, then water will either help dilute the blood to achieve that, or be excreted if we have more than enough of it. The water goes to where the salt is, so as to achieve that balance, which kinda fits in with what your doctor was saying, ChaloJ. Too much salt will draw more water, which creates more pressure in the veins, hence, higher blood pressure, so some bp meds are actually diuretics. So...I think it is a matter of balance with the water and the salt. Maybe a nurse or somebody with a bio background can confirm how I explained it or correct me....

Well, that's what my muddled brain can come up with this morning anyway! ;)

Hope you all have a splendid, inspired, fun day !

Wuvs Mom
04-27-2012, 08:52 AM
Happy Anniversary!!! Lisa, this has been one wild and exciting year. I am one proud Momma. You showed such great strength and determination to stay 100 % OP. It has been a dream of mine for you to become healthy and happy. It just amazes me how this plan has helped you accomplish this dream. I look forward to your calls on Wednesday morning's to tell me your loss the happiness in your voice tells it all. This has been one great journey in your life.

2RIDEROLLERCOAST
04-27-2012, 09:29 AM
Lisa, wow what a year you have had. I remember when you started posting you have come so far. You are an inspiration and we are all proud of you. Keep up the good work and the encouragement to others. We all need that once in a while. As well as a kick in the butt. You have come a long way and your journey will continue. Congrats and have a great weekend.

WingnutandMe
04-27-2012, 09:43 AM
Good morning. A day off from work. Today is my DH and my two year anniversary. I've mentioned before that we were best friends (that's all) for about 8 years starting in high school, but then went our own ways for 35 years. Just over two years ago, he found me on Facebook and we were married two months later, now two years ago. It's still a wonderful fairytale.

No big plans. I baked him his favorite last night, chocolate chip cookies. He can get away with eating them. His body fat is 17%. It was great to smell them. That's all I needed. I realized, before I would have found a reason to eat quite a few. Not now.

Lisa, congrats on that year. As everyone says, you are soooooo inspirational. We have so many people on here that make coming back and reading all of the time addictive. Thanks. :grouphug:

Tomorrow is my WI. I've had a rough week. Not routine and afraid it will have an effect on the loss. Well, sometimes that happens. I'll try not to stress. LOL. The next couple weeks will also be challenging. We will be going on our regularly scheduled vacation to our Michigan cottage. Need to start thinking about organizing food for on the road and up there.

Everyone have a great OP day.
Molly

CassiR
04-27-2012, 10:08 AM
WI#8 for me today, I swear I still feel TOM "effects" (bloated, blah) a week later, but remain OP 100% and keep all of the faith in this program!

Good luck! I hear you on the TOM effects!

Wow! Some amazing results! I'm convinced this program is great because REAL people (unpaid) are vouching for it! A good friend is a personal trainer to the stars and what REALLY gets some of those stars to lose the weight is NOT because of the diet program they are advertising....I'm just happy to see there is support out there for this.....im just beginning today and because I started it once before I feel a little anxious already knowing the bad/good that comes along the way. Here's to taking it one day at a time!
You'll do great!! Stick to it the first week and after that you can get through anything! That first weigh in is amazing. Look forward to it!

Good morning. A day off from work. Today is my DH and my two year anniversary. I've mentioned before that we were best friends (that's all) for about 8 years starting in high school, but then went our own ways for 35 years. Just over two years ago, he found me on Facebook and we were married two months later, now two years ago. It's still a wonderful fairytale.

No big plans. I baked him his favorite last night, chocolate chip cookies. He can get away with eating them. His body fat is 17%. It was great to smell them. That's all I needed. I realized, before I would have found a reason to eat quite a few. Not now.

Lisa, congrats on that year. As everyone says, you are soooooo inspirational. We have so many people on here that make coming back and reading all of the time addictive. Thanks. :grouphug:

Tomorrow is my WI. I've had a rough week. Not routine and afraid it will have an effect on the loss. Well, sometimes that happens. I'll try not to stress. LOL. The next couple weeks will also be challenging. We will be going on our regularly scheduled vacation to our Michigan cottage. Need to start thinking about organizing food for on the road and up there.

Molly
Thats an incredible love story! Congrats to you both and good luck at WI tomorrow! :goodvibes

I also have a WI tomorrow.:goodscale It's been a really stressful work week on top of TOM being here. As I can tell on my scale, I'm down 1lb and I will take that gladly. Stress always seems to affect my losses but it's something that's hard to avoid. I'm hoping the scale will move some more tonight.
Tomorrow I start phase 2 as well. I need to go grocery shopping for a lot of animal protein to get ready for the work week.

Have a great OP day everyone and Wuv, congrats! You have been so strong willed and inspire so many people. You deserve all the happiness! :cloud9:

CkM
04-27-2012, 10:15 AM
Good Morning everyone! I officially started IP this morning. Last night I stayed up after I put my little man to bed and put together baggies of my vitamins that I need during each meal so I could just grab them and go! I work about 40 minutes from where I live, and being a single parent a majority of the time (recently moved and dad hasn't joined us yet so we commute monthly), I want to make sure I spend all the time I can with my son.

I had the banana pinneaple shake this morning... AMAZING! I really loved it. And suprisingly I am feeling full!

The only think that I might have a problem with is no gum... I chew a pack a day!!! Oh well I will be sucessful and not cheat!

Volly
04-27-2012, 10:16 AM
Good morning, everyone. Congratulations, Wuv! What an accomplishment and you serve as an inspiration to many of us who log on here daily.

My vacation ends today, and I am so proud that I managed to remain 100% OP throughout the entire week (it wasn't easy). I feel great!

Good luck to all who WI today, and I hope you all have a wonderful day. Headed home and will check back later this evening.

Chloe222
04-27-2012, 10:16 AM
I stayed up tonight even thought I am dead tired to start today's thread. ONE year ago today I changed my life when I started Ideal Protein and found this site since then I have met online outstanding ladies and gentlemen on this forum that are all going through the same thing that I have gone through. Trust me when I say IT CAN BE DONE! I would like to say thank each and every one of you for letting me become part of your lives. It has helped me more than you will ever know to stay focused while on my journey. All of the support and encouragement that we give each other here is something that some of us don't get at home and it means the world and keeps us on track.

Wuv,
You are amazing on so many levels and like the others, I get choked up when I read your posts, look at your pictures and now have heard your voice. You really are an IP star! An incredible role model for so many of us. You have carefully chronicled your inspirational journey, there's a best selling book there...and then the book tour, then the TV show appearances, then the "Be the Best You" talk show - move over Rachel Ray! Then selling DVDs on weight loss, the journey, step by step.

Good Morning Everybody

I have been up since 2:00 this morning and cant get back to sleep so I thought I would come here and catch up on yesterdays posts. I am so amazed at all the the posts with all the great WI's and NSV's, positive attitudes and encouragement that is shared among everyone. I have never been a part of something so big and so positive. Thanks to you all.

Ok, so I am extra tired & feeling kinda emotional and mushy. I think I will try to go back and get a couple more hours sleep. Have a great day everybody.
Hi Carol,
Thank you for your friendship, your support, your upbeat notes every morning. We all flourish on them. Hope you feel better today and get some rejuvenating rest.

I hit a milestone this week I am less then 20 pd from goal !!! I was very excited.. I love this site and everyone on it for the love and support I get.. Thanks...and Hugs to everyone !!!

Wow!! Only 20 little pounds away! That will be here before you know it! How exciting! And in time for a new summer wardrobe to show off the new bod!

I am going away to my mom's for the weekend but she is very supportive of what I am doing except she doesn't fully understand she wants to go out to dinner to a "healthy" pizza place:D I told her we should go for Chinese (steamed chicken and veggies) but her heart was in the right place. I am packing up everything I need (shakers,WF dressing,magic bullet) and a few extra IP packets so if something happens I will be eating extra IP not bad foods. I had a NSV this morning (sort of lol) I use my Wii to do some stretching and balance and there is a BMI measurement tool and for 5 years it has announced out loud "That's Obese" this morning it said "That's Overweight" it was so weird I don't even listen to it when I am staring up but that caught my attention I am Overweight!!!:cheer: ROFL

I hope everyone has a good day and a wonderful weekend I will log on from Mom's if I need support.

How funny!! And congrats on the move down to Overweight! That's fabulous!

Good Morning Everyone! Day 6 - WUV, the last six days you have been my inspiration and I look at your picture and think, "that could be me!" Congrats on your 1 year anniversary. You prove to me that it can be done.

Last night I was sooooo hungry (mentally). My body was fine, but I so wanted to crawl into the comfort of a big, hot pizza. This morning, I am still thinking about the pizza, but my WI is tomorrow morning and I am more concentrated on that than food.

My plan was to WI tomorrow and then have a pizza and then get right back on plan, but why would I screw up a whole weeks worth of excellence for one meal (and I would feel miserable afterwards!)? I know what would happen, I would eat the pizza and feel completely bloated and sick and then I would beat myself up mentally for having done it. Just avoid the whole thing and stay on plan and enjoy the "new me!"

There's an important thread called "The Real Cost of Cheating" that is so helpful. Look for it here - probably 2-3 pages back. You are actually setting yourself back something like 3 days of ketosis and of course losing the cost of the IP food, around $40. So, 1 cheat has far reaching consequences. Knowing that has really helped me evaluate cheating opportunities and turn my back and stay OP.

Molly

HAPPY ANNIVERSARY MOLLY!!

swimcoachmomma
04-27-2012, 10:22 AM

Yay Wuv!!!

swimcoachmomma
04-27-2012, 10:30 AM
Less of a funk today. Suspect it was my allergy med loratidine. Remember that it kicks my butt for the first few days each yr. glad I didn't eat that desk.

No biking today as it is a little bit breezy (gusts to 60 mph). Not that strong yet. Just medically cleared to swim after surgery so will do that today. Very modest goal of swimming competitively this fall and winter. I want to swim a 500 yd race in under 10 min. My ten yr old does it in 7:20. Lol. Oh well. My suit is a bit baggy but it will add drag and make me stronger, at least til I get a new one. Today I will do a 500 ( I hope) and see where I am starting from.

Anyway, have a great day all.

reneepw
04-27-2012, 11:00 AM
Hi everyone,
This is my first post. I started IP on Tuesday and went looking for info online; found this site and after reading some of the posts, knew I wanted 'in' to the group. What an amazing bunch you are. I love the encouragement, and the success stories, and the tips!
I'm on day 4 and doing well. I had a nasty headache yesterday but here that is normal in the beginning. I have 4 women at work also on IP so we have a good support system there. Beware the evil candy and leftovers in the office...

Anyway, have a great day. Can't wait to spend more time reading through all the good stuff here.
Renee
and eventually i will get up to speed on the profile, and all the fun things you can do here :)

wuv2bloved
04-27-2012, 11:01 AM
Good morning everyone! I'm at school early to schmmoze at the Honor Roll breakfast for our kiddos. Had to leave early, and accidentally forgot my lunch! (OH NO!) But, I've already asked the cafeteria to hold a salad for me (we run out every day) and will make due with Ken's light Italian dressing. I don't think it will mess me up too badly, do you?

You should be ok but like USMCVET suggested you might see if there is oil and vinegar instead. I don't think if you use 1-2tbsp of the regular dressing it would hurt you (IMO)

Congrats on your milestone, that is great...you are almost there!...keep it up :)

Do they have Salads there? I know I will go with my boys to Pizza hut and they will sit and eat the pizza while I sit and eat my salad. My first cheat day WILL BE A PERSONAL PAN PIZZA!.......My mom and I had already discussed this. This is exactly what she had on her first cheat day when she reached her goal....like mother like daughter....lol

IT WILL BE YOU!...YOU got this!!.....I am glad to hear that you didn't eat the pizza and you are right, you would have felt guilty and wouldn't have remembered what it tasted like 10 minutes after you ate it. That pizza will be there when you are done and you will be able to eat it again and NOT fell guilty!.....Have you taken pictures of yourself from the start?

Good Morning everyone! I officially started IP this morning. Last night I stayed up after I put my little man to bed and put together baggies of my vitamins that I need during each meal so I could just grab them and go! I work about 40 minutes from where I live, and being a single parent a majority of the time (recently moved and dad hasn't joined us yet so we commute monthly), I want to make sure I spend all the time I can with my son.

I had the banana pinneaple shake this morning... AMAZING! I really loved it. And suprisingly I am feeling full!

The only think that I might have a problem with is no gum... I chew a pack a day!!! Oh well I will be sucessful and not cheat!

Each coach is different and I have chewed gum since day one. I chew at least 3 slices a day between meals, I use the Extra sugarfree gum. Yes it has 1 or 2 carbs in each piece and has aspartame but it has NOT affected me in anyway. So if it takes you chewing gum to stay focused and on program then I say DO IT!

Good Morning everyone and THANK YOU for the sweetest words. Good thing I didn't put my makeup on before sitting down to read the thread because I am sitting here balling my eyes out. I guess I never realized how many people really pay attention to what I say and to know that all of y'all do is overwhelming to say the least.

Mom, good thing we have unlimited calls because over the last year we have talked on the phone SOOO much our phone bills would have made us broke for sure. You have shared and experimented with so much stuff to help me keep on track. So see no only has my dream come true but so has YOURS!....I love you

evepet
04-27-2012, 11:01 AM
Happy Friday to everyone!

Congrats Wuv, on your amazing progress over the year. When I fully consider what you've acheived, it IS truly inspirational.

Thanks as well to the many experienced IPers on this board who also inspire and help (there are several of you, and I'm not going to name names because I know I'll forget someone) with their stories, advice, and motivation. I know my journey over just this first month has been made much easier because of having this fantastic resource.

It's going to be a relatively calm day for me. Working from home today, and probably I'll wrap things up in about an hour. Then I'll just relax.. maybe do a couple of errands. Perhaps do my 1-mile walk with Leslie Sansom's 'Walk Away the Pounds' video - I did it yesterday, and felt nicely energized. The weekend also should be quite undemanding and a good time to recuperate. I was quite tired yesterday, I think because of my much more hectic day travelling, etc. on Wednesday. Woke up feeling well-rested and positive, more the norm today.

Be well everyone, and have a great IP day.

wuv2bloved
04-27-2012, 11:11 AM
Hi everyone,
This is my first post. I started IP on Tuesday and went looking for info online; found this site and after reading some of the posts, knew I wanted 'in' to the group. What an amazing bunch you are. I love the encouragement, and the success stories, and the tips!
I'm on day 4 and doing well. I had a nasty headache yesterday but here that is normal in the beginning. I have 4 women at work also on IP so we have a good support system there. Beware the evil candy and leftovers in the office...

Anyway, have a great day. Can't wait to spend more time reading through all the good stuff here.
Renee
and eventually i will get up to speed on the profile, and all the fun things you can do here :)

Welcome to the IP family, you will find lots of information, check out the stickies for recipes and you will have tons of support and encouraging words to help you through your journey.

My friend that started yesterday, crashed already. I texted her early to find out how her breakfast went and she said it was fine. But lunch time someone brought in donuts and she said before she even realized it she had eaten half of one. Then she said what the **** are you doing? but instead of stopping she had 2 more and said what the h*ll I already went off so I will just continue and ate bad the rest of the day. I told her if she would of just stopped after those 3 bites she would of been OK. She has to rethink her way of thinking. She works in an office with a bunch of guys who eat all the time and bring her food. I told her WATER, WATER, WATER AND if they wanna bring you food tell them a grilled chicken salad no more big mac from McD's. I told her NEXT time you feel weak call or text me I will help you....she said ok....so we will see how today unfolds for her.

I have done this for a few people and if you need that kinda help to stay on program just message me. JellyMae called me at 230am because she was frustrated with her coach. We talked and we are going to try something to get the scale moving again. She also has loss over 100lbs, in the last 6 weeks she has loss 7lbs so I know her frustration. She is like a daughter to me and I heard her voice for the first time last night and I was so happy to hear it. Usually we text but I think she will have a better day today :)

I hope ALL OF YOU have a wonderful day!

sanaroph
04-27-2012, 11:21 AM
Good Morning Dakin :) I found a web site called American Diabetes Wholesale and they have the best prices on Walden Farms products I have seen anywhere.

OOhhh Thank you for this link!!

The positive vibes are awesome. Today I have a 9:30 fasting lab. I used to dread them but I'm so excited to see my numbers. Then my testosterone shot following my labs. I've needed T since my first round of chemotherapy in 2004 knocked me into hypogonadism.

I had labs done when I started IP and am using it as a baseline. I am sure you will see lots of positive results!

Keep the faith and yes thank you for the water reminder I need it of late.

I had a NSV this morning (sort of lol) I use my Wii to do some stretching and balance and there is a BMI measurement tool and for 5 years it has announced out loud "That's Obese" this morning it said "That's Overweight" it was so weird I don't even listen to it when I am staring up but that caught my attention I am Overweight!!!:cheer: ROFL

ROFL at the Wii announcement. Congrats!

Molly

Happy Anniversary Molly!!!!

My coach told me I can use SPRY gum. It is made with Xylitol. I have not been much of a gum eater but since starting IP, it has helped me through some hunger pangs

I had my WI #4 today and am down 4 lbs this week :carrot: I met my personal goal of losing 20lbs for a wedding this weekend. - IP shakes are packed and water bottle to mix them in is at the ready. Today I am going into Brooklyn and the temptations will be strong for caribbean products which are my favourites but I prepared myself by having the herb & cheese omelette with spinach.. made a fritatta sort of and feel quite full!!

Have a great OP day and weekend all !!! :wave:

sanaroph
04-27-2012, 11:23 AM
Happy Anniversary WUV!!! Even though I am new to the site, I have been so inspired by your sharing your strength, wisdom and how much you have grown on this journey. You are an amazing person!! :bravo:

ProteinGal
04-27-2012, 11:27 AM
Congrats and Happy Anniversary Wuv. You must be sooooo happy!

I too I'm so thankful that this forum and all you people post here, if it wasn't for this forum, I'm sure i would of cheated on the 3rd day. Not many forums out there for Ip'ers is there.

Anyway, its raining here, which we need. Going to make my soup and pudding for my lunch tonight, have a great cheat free day everyone!

JmgInMd
04-27-2012, 11:30 AM
Happy Anniversary! You are a true inspiration to many. :)

MrsChill
04-27-2012, 11:32 AM
Wuv....you continue to inspire!

Keep going everyone! Always remember your are strong will-powered people and you will reach your goal on this journey!

momof2greatcats
04-27-2012, 11:51 AM
Happy anniversary on ip, Wuv!

Stay strong! No pizza is worth it. I agree, the thread "the real cost of cheating on IP" is a good one. That pizza will be there when you are done losing the weight.
And hi from Kettering, neighbor!

momof2greatcats
04-27-2012, 11:58 AM
I'm so excited to be off today and the rest of the weekend. DH and I took a short 3/4 mile walk outside, then he helped me hang the pictures that have been leaning on the wall, lol.

Now I'm going to try out my new curly slicer to make zucchini "noodles" for a zucchini and shrimp recipe I found here. Looks yummy.

Tonight and tomorrow I'll be scrapbooking with girlfriends - yay! And I'm already planning out all my food for tonight and tomorrow. The friend who turned me on to IP will be there tonight and I haven't seen her in person since I started, and I'm so excited to show off my 27+# loss!!

Have a great OP day, everyone!

Lace and Levis
04-27-2012, 11:58 AM
Good Morning Everyone and Best Wishes for another successful IP day to all! I haven't had a chance to catch up on todays chats as of yet, but I wanted to pipe in say hello and HAPPY ANNIVERSARY WUV!!!! There is an anniversary out there for us all!

WingnutandMe
04-27-2012, 12:08 PM
Wuv,
You are amazing on so many levels and like the others, I get choked up when I read your posts, look at your pictures and now have heard your voice. You really are an IP star! An incredible role model for so many of us. You have carefully chronicled your inspirational journey, there's a best selling book there...and then the book tour, then the TV show appearances, then the "Be the Best You" talk show - move over Rachel Ray! Then selling DVDs on weight loss, the journey, step by step.

Great ideas, Chloe,

I would love to turn on the TV and see Wuv there pitching IP, advertising her books, helping millions of others to turn around their lives. She could become another icon of health like Jack Lalanne and Richard Simmons. (hmmm, maybe those were poor examples - I see that goofy Richard Simmons in my head right now - not good LOL). Gee, I wish I had some Hollywood or media connections. WW gets so much hype, but IP is really the best kept secret. Sad, it's like a secret.

Anyway, we love you Wuv. Maybe something will come around for you. You'd be surprised who all is out lurking on YouTube.

Molly

Cadu
04-27-2012, 12:09 PM
Carol, I just wanted to say that I count you as one of the people who writes lovely, supportive responses too. Much appreciated.... :hug:

Hi Carol,
Thank you for your friendship, your support, your upbeat notes every morning. We all flourish on them. Hope you feel better today and get some rejuvenating rest.

awwwwww thank you ladies.. you guys are the best. and yes I was able to catch a couple more winks this morning, ahhhhhh feeling much better & more normal.

What a great positive day on the boards today.

booklady231
04-27-2012, 12:10 PM

You are an inspiration to us all...................

Shortcake224
04-27-2012, 12:13 PM
Good Morning All,

Congratulations Wuv on your anniversary.:carrot: You are truly an inspiration. Just wanted to make you laugh, I watched your video and hearing your voice for the first time was strange. When I read your stories your voice in my head is "Susan Sugarbaker", so when I heard your real voice I was like - "That's not my Wuv". You have a great voice; I just have to change it in my head. LOL.:lol:

On another note I have some NSV's 1) I went to the cafeteria for the first time yesterday, and the cashier exclaimed "you are losing weight". All I can say is I'm trying. Another lady said, I can tell, you are. 3 weeks and 13 pounds are showing already. 2) I got dressed this morning and I needed a belt for my jeans. These are the jeans I put on the side because they squeezed my thighs. Now they are loose.:carrot::carrot::carrot: WOW!!!!

Wishing everyone a good day, and a great weekend!!! In the words of Wuv, “We got this!!!"

jcjnjj
04-27-2012, 12:15 PM
Happy Annivesary Wuv! I loved your video too!

My very first weigh in today...drumroll please...
11 pounds!

WingnutandMe
04-27-2012, 12:18 PM

11 pounds!

:bravo::cp::cb::dance:

You should be soooo proud. We're all proud of you. The plan works. Now you know and will keep with it, I'm sure.

Again, congrats!!

Molly

ProteinGal
04-27-2012, 12:19 PM
11 pounds!

Awesome!!! :carrot: {replace carrot with cucumber}

KUTGW!

mom3girls63
04-27-2012, 12:25 PM

11 pounds!

OH MY! That is awesome! Do you feel lighter? Can you tell you have lost? My body feels different (I can feel a dent in my waist - or at least where my waist should be), but I feel so full that I am not sure I have actually lost.

Keep plugging along and congrats!

Busymomx4
04-27-2012, 12:32 PM

Happy Anniversary Wuv..you have been such an inspiration for everyone and are always willing to help!

[COLOR="Indigo"] Do they have Salads there? I know I will go with my boys to Pizza hut and they will sit and eat the pizza while I sit and eat my salad. My first cheat day WILL BE A PERSONAL PAN PIZZA!.......My mom and I had already discussed this. This is exactly what she had on her first cheat day when she reached her goal....like mother like daughter....lol

LOL wuv...i have all my meals of my first cheat day planned out already!

LizRR
04-27-2012, 12:32 PM

Power through and stay 100% through these first few weeks and you will see that you are stronger and have more willpower than you ever knew. It was tough for me at least, to break through, but once I established 'the pattern' it's now ingrained and I swear I have no cravings or triggers. I've had pizza, cake, cheese biscuits, donuts, etc around and have had 'meh, big deal' reactions - in the past I would have knocked over people to be first in the food line.

I second checking out the 'Real Cost of Cheating' thread (I think it's been bumped up). Not only do you lose at least 3 days of fat burning having to get back into ketosis, but 3days*3packets/day*$4/packet = $36 you just threw in the trash, and that is for just one cheat. I don't know about you - but I don't have enough money to be throwing away $36 each time I want a donut (not to mention adding to my fat loss timeline)!

Molly

Happy Anniversary Wingnut! I too married my best friend who also happens to be a fat burning machine! He has loved me these past 6 years through thick and thin (literally - I met him at my heaviest in grad school @ 220lb, engaged/married at my lowest @ 160lb, and he's my biggest supporter on this journey).

qsuzi1
04-27-2012, 12:41 PM

Wuv, what you have said means so much and I hope you know that for many of us, you have been the one who has been so giving of information, your time, and encouragement. Your words could not have come at a better time for me because I was going to tell my coach Tuesday that I would not be continuing with IP and going back to the diet I was on. Some of the issues and difficulties I've had since switching are better but I continue to struggle with eating the vegetables to the point I swear I can't eat another cauliflower or broccoli. I've looked through all the recipes, tried some new veggies but I still need to eat the ones I struggle with. I'm serious about dieting and sticking to the plan so this struggle is not a comfortable feeling.
Your weight loss and dedication are inspiring and I am so proud of your accomplishment. Congrats!

jcjnjj
04-27-2012, 12:44 PM
:bravo::cp::cb::dance:

You should be soooo proud. We're all proud of you. The plan works. Now you know and will keep with it, I'm sure.

Again, congrats!!

Molly

Thanks Molly! I will check you you all every day for inspiration, that's for sure! And yes, I will keep with it.

Awesome!!! :carrot: {replace carrot with cucumber}

KUTGW!

Thanks! LOL!

OH MY! That is awesome! Do you feel lighter? Can you tell you have lost? My body feels different (I can feel a dent in my waist - or at least where my waist should be), but I feel so full that I am not sure I have actually lost.

Keep plugging along and congrats!

Yes, I feel a lot lighter and the pants aren't so tight this week. So that was 9 days on IP since I couldn't make it to my coach this Weds. Dent is good!:D

reneepw
04-27-2012, 12:55 PM
thank you Wuv! I showed my husband your photo diary yesterday. He said you look great! My guardian angel must have been guiding my mouse yesterday, sending me to all of you! Have a great weekend!

DanafromAustin
04-27-2012, 01:10 PM

We are all so proud of you. What an incredible year you have had. :grouphug:
Lisa, thank you for starting the daiky thread. Congrats on the anniversary of the start of a new life! When you talk about it, I realize how much IP has changed me also. I feel so lucky to have found IP as I had almost resigned myself to an unhealthy, unhappy existence!

Carol, Hope you are getting some sleep. I just woke up in the middle of my night too!

I used to wake up and think first of what I would eat. Now, I feel better and the foods and weight that drove that behavior are gone from my life. I wake up thinking about what I am going to "do" and experience during the day now.

I did not realize before how te extra weight and the types of food I took in so drove my eating behavior. Now, there is not the feelings of guilt I used to hold around that. It all makes sense to me after what I have learned over the past several months. What a wonderful gift to be able to break that cycle!!

My son has lost over 30lbs. He has more to go, but my IP journey has opened the doors for learning and change in his life. Hubby weighed for the first time since he began following along in our eating. He does not have much to lose but is 14lbs down. Both of these guys have been great supporters to me. Our entire family has learned so much about carb metabolism and nutition, that we sound like diet evangelists when people ask us questions!

Yesterday at the health fair where ice cream and cookies were being served, we sat and watched as the obese people had these items more than others. It was not long ago that I would have been there also. I don"t have judgement as I know it is not about being weak so much as the extra weight and the carb addiction compell us biologically further down that path when we get caught in it! Thanks to IP, I was fortunate to escape the trap!
Ice cream and cookies at a health fair? I think they might have come up with a better choice. ;) Congratulations to your son on his weight loss too.

Ishbel
04-27-2012, 01:22 PM
WUV Congratulations and Happy Annivesary!! It's hard to fathom when you look back over a year...I can't say I knew when I started that I would last a year but then you become too sucessful to stop. :)

As for planning cheat days...my plans change daily!!! One day I just wanted pickled beats...and someone rolled their eyes at me (via email) and said "can't you do better then that?"

:D

GonnaB50NFabulous
04-27-2012, 01:37 PM
Last week I reported a 3 pound gain eventhough I had stayed OP. This week, I lost 5 pounds, so I'm headed back in the right direction. I have been on the plan since January, so I am starting to exercise a little more as the weather gets nicer. That may have been the problem last week???

rvingprincess
04-27-2012, 01:46 PM

Congratulations Wuv, you are such an inspiration to everyone who reads this forum. You make us see that it is possible. Good luck with the remainder of your weight loss.

Minnie5
04-27-2012, 02:02 PM
Wow 10 lbs gone! so excited! I met my 10 lb goal this month, trying for 12 before the month is over. I have no doubt I can do this now!
Good luck everyone! finish off this week strong and proud.
:carrot::carrot:
For some reason my ticker isn't adjusting, I'll try to figure this one out. lol
TGIF!

Billster
04-27-2012, 02:05 PM
Well WI today was -3.8 and 5 inches gone! really thought it would have been better but I have been having big 'C' issues this week, thank you stress! But I'm still happy to see the numbers going down. My coach told me today that she had a huge IP meeting in Calgary on Monday and celery is NOW A FREE FOODS! I was happy to hear this as that should help clear my 'c' issue! Trying to clean the house, do laundry, walk the dogs etc etc all before I start my new job on Monday!!!!!! Have a great day everyone!

luvthesun
04-27-2012, 02:14 PM
I've seen it mentioned that people are blending spinach in w their chocolate drinks....is the spinach cooked or raw? About how much are you using? I love the chocolate drink, and actually love all veggies so I don't really feel the need to 'hide' them but if I'm in a rush I'd love to know how to kind of squeeze them into a drink that doesn't taste horrendous!

Kaypix
04-27-2012, 02:17 PM
Wuv,

Congratulations!! You are an inspiration to us all!

I use my Wii to do some stretching and balance and there is a BMI measurement tool and for 5 years it has announced out loud "That's Obese" this morning it said "That's Overweight" it was so weird I don't even listen to it when I am staring up but that caught my attention I am Overweight!!!:cheer: ROFL

Pookie-I know that feeling, once I lose a bit more I too will get to say "I'm OVERWEIGHT! HOORAY!"...allthough I don't know how many people will understand the meaning of that statement like we do...

Good Morning All,
I got dressed this morning and I needed a belt for my jeans. These are the jeans I put on the side because they squeezed my thighs. Now they are loose.:carrot::carrot::carrot: WOW!!!!

So, highschool moment here: I am so totally jealous of you!!! I yearn for when I don't HAVE to wear my "big" pants and can fit back into the jeans in my closet...Maybe I'll get rid of them as motivation...lose enough weight I can just skip a size and wear belts for a while???

11 pounds!

Congrats!! I'm sure you'll continue to have great success! :D I hope I have good luck on my first WI on Monday...been OP all week and really hoping it pays off.

Kaypix
04-27-2012, 02:22 PM
Well, it's Friday, half way to my WI day...and I'm chomping on the bit to find out what my loss was. Had dinner with the in-laws last night, and they made turnips like potatoes, cauliflower that turned out like rice and cajun chicken, it was AMAZING! Mother-in-law informed me I can eat "real food" when I come to their house...I wonder what she considers my cooking? (more simple but still good). The cauliflower actually was almost the consistency of mashed potatoes, but a little too lumpy...maybe puree'd with some whipping cream for texture? hm...have to experiment, I have a head of it at home...will try this weekend :)

Hubby will have his motorcycle parts getting ordered. Ugh I'm so sick of seeing that bike budget I could puke! Seems every time I turn around it's a little higher :S But then I look at what I'll be spending per month and realize I need to be fair.

My pants are fitting looser around the middle, I've noticed I have to start hiking them up more frequently, so yay for that :) And I got my first order of shakes and bars in yesterday (was using atkins until they came in) so I can actually say I'm using IP food!

Goal of 25 LBS by June 20 seems really really really daunting...but I have faith that this WILL work, because I'll be OP and have you guys to help me through the evil plateaus! Hope everyone has a blessed day :)

~Kara

GloverParker
04-27-2012, 02:30 PM
So, highschool moment here: I am so totally jealous of you!!! I yearn for when I don't HAVE to wear my "big" pants and can fit back into the jeans in my closet...Maybe I'll get rid of them as motivation...lose enough weight I can just skip a size and wear belts for a while???

Kaypix, you're going to get there so much faster than you think -- I've been astonished as how quickly I moved through every piece of clothing I've ever owned, including my "skinny" jeans that I kept for years on the off chance that they might ever fit again. Those went to the Goodwill pile yesterday and I got to buy new jeans that look awesome. :carrot:

One of the amazing things about this protocol is how you have to reset your expectations and make them higher!

Andie0606
04-27-2012, 02:51 PM
I've seen it mentioned that people are blending spinach in w their chocolate drinks....is the spinach cooked or raw? About how much are you using? I love the chocolate drink, and actually love all veggies so I don't really feel the need to 'hide' them but if I'm in a rush I'd love to know how to kind of squeeze them into a drink that doesn't taste horrendous!

1 cup raw, or whatever amount you want, but raw. I like veggies, too, but I use the spinach to "bulk up" the shake to stave off hunger longer. Up to one cup you can't taste it, but I've never used over a cup, so I don't know if you could tell that it's there if you use more.

Andie0606
04-27-2012, 02:56 PM
I had the new IP Chicken a la King for lunch today...delish! It contains bits of chicken, tiny pieces of pasta, several kernals of corn, and other bits of things. Very thick, too. It was nice to have something with texture that I didn't have to add.

luvthesun
04-27-2012, 03:02 PM
1 cup raw, or whatever amount you want, but raw. I like veggies, too, but I use the spinach to "bulk up" the shake to stave off hunger longer. Up to one cup you can't taste it, but I've never used over a cup, so I don't know if you could tell that it's there if you use more.

Thank you! I'll totally give it a try!

LizRR
04-27-2012, 03:11 PM
Just came back from WI#8, down 3lb, 2", and -0.6% bodyfat and I (just barely) squeeked in to the 170's! Very proud to be in the same class as Cadu! Updated my siggy with the new stats.

I'm going to officially start back up with my Bodypump weightlifting class tomorrow (3x/week-Tue, Thur, Sat). I was doing it for years and stopped when I started IP, then didn't want to rock the boat with my weightloss (I had originally planned on starting @ week 5). I lost my most significant amount of muscle my first 2 weeks IP, what I think was 'reserve muscle' I had built up from my classes. I would do heavy weights, heart pumping, sweat drenched workouts - but will definitely be starting back easier now. Talked with my coach and will be adding a restricted on my workout days. I have NEVER had a restricted IP product before - so this will be quite a "treat" for me. I got the Chocolate Soypuffs.

Just wanted to throw out a before & after schedule for some input please:

This is my 'before' schedule:
Breakfast@8am:spinach smoothie w/pudding
Lunch@12pm: salad + soup&veggies
Snack@4pm: rhubarb + raspberry jelly
Walk@4:30pm: 2.7mi roundtrip to the park w/my son
Dinner@8pm: salad + 8oz protein + veggies

This is what I will change to on Bodypump days:
Snack@4pm: rhubarb + raspberry jelly
Walk@4:30pm: 1.5mi roundtrip to the park w/my son (can't give this up-will do the shortest loop on Bodypump days)
Snack@6pm: Restricted IP
Bodypump@6:30-7:30pm

This is what I will change to on NON-Bodypump days:
Snack@4pm: RTD
Walk@4:30pm: 2.7mi roundtrip to the park w/my son

With the recent chatter on the collagen products I decided to move my raspberry jelly to be the 4th packet on my workout days 3x/week and replaced my snack with a pudding on non-workout days. I want to keep the collagen in my schedule, but also want to make sure I am taking in my full protein allowance.

Sorry for the long post - but it's in my brain and I have to get it out!

Also - please say a prayer for my coach. She just put in paperwork at an adoption agency and would make a wonderful mother!

WingnutandMe
04-27-2012, 03:19 PM
Also - please say a prayer for my coach. She just put in paperwork at an adoption agency and would make a wonderful mother!

She has my prayers. I was adopted and I know how important it is that there are parents, and good parents. Hope it works. Keep us posted.

Molly

LizRR
04-27-2012, 03:25 PM
Oh, and just noticed I am over the half-way point!!!

Well WI today was -3.8 and 5 inches gone! really thought it would have been better but I have been having big 'C' issues this week, thank you stress! But I'm still happy to see the numbers going down. My coach told me today that she had a huge IP meeting in Calgary on Monday and celery is NOW A FREE FOODS! I was happy to hear this as that should help clear my 'c' issue! Trying to clean the house, do laundry, walk the dogs etc etc all before I start my new job on Monday!!!!!! Have a great day everyone!

Woo-Hoo, great WI! If celery is now free, I will have more trouble stuffing in my 4 cups/day - as that's my 'go-to' dinner veggie (I love it roasted w/garlic)!!! Good luck on your new job - how exciting!

I make my spinach smoothie every weekday morning using RTD or a pudding packet. I use my Cuisinart blender and throw in ~1-1.5 handfuls of loose leaf raw spinach - it fills up to the top (I do not pack it down). I then add 2 cups half-caf (you can use tea, coffee, water), sweetener/extract of choice (I use WF chocolate syrup) and 2-3 cups ice and blend it until pulverized ~40-60 seconds, the order I put my IP product depends on if I use a RTD or pudding packet.

*When I use a RTD I add it in with the spinach, ice, decaf, sweetener
*When I use my pudding packet - I pulverize everything (~60 seconds) then add in pudding last for ~20 seconds to blend. I add pudding last because if I add it in with the rest of my stuff it gets a little too frothy for me.

I can't taste or detect any spinach, except for the bright green color. The blender really pulverizes the spinach into a liquid state. I read some folks use their handheld immersion blenders and still have some 'chunks' - not sure I could do the smoothie w/chunks though! Also - I use chocolate IP products, I've used vanilla too and it was also delicious - but I'm a choco-holic!

This makes a HUGE amount of a thick smoothie that I savor for 1-2 hours and it's easy for me to make & take. I add the half-caf since I need a little 'caffeine kick', I know some folks use delicious sounding teas also to stretch their drinks too (Chai, etc.).

frazzledmom04
04-27-2012, 03:39 PM
Happy Anniversary Lisa! You are an amazing woman. You have touched not only my life but so many others on here. Thanks for all your support and encouragement that you have given to all of us on this journey. You have picked us up, given us pats on the back and even some tough love( not too tough tho..just right). I'm so proud of what you've accomplished and know there is no stopping you! I can't wait to continue seeing you on your journey.:)

Dianne

Kaypix
04-27-2012, 04:09 PM
Kaypix, you're going to get there so much faster than you think -- I've been astonished as how quickly I moved through every piece of clothing I've ever owned, including my "skinny" jeans that I kept for years on the off chance that they might ever fit again. Those went to the Goodwill pile yesterday and I got to buy new jeans that look awesome. :carrot:

One of the amazing things about this protocol is how you have to reset your expectations and make them higher!

I sincerely hope so! A few of my "non believer" family members are really apprehensive about this program, and I'm doing this non-coach due to financial reasons. My family is a little bit of a debbie downer for me so I'm trying to just stay on the DL until absolutely necessary...which I guess will be next weekend? My cousin's kid has his 5th b-day and I am invited...yay... (not really, awkward to be around them all) Strange fact: I learned today that Atkins shakes are cheaper than the IP instant shakes, weird huh? if you buy them at like, Sam's club etc. (too bad they don' sell strawberry, jerks).

Sorry, my brain is just kind of stalling out right now...I'm sure it'll pick up again eventually...

mylastdiet
04-27-2012, 04:16 PM
Popping in to wish everyone a great weekend! I'm going to have crawfish tomorrow, so I plan on making the cauliflower dressing that Wuv posted about Easter week.
I have a new favorite IP drink. Today I mixed the powders of the vanilla shake and the orange drink together. It tasted just like a creamsicle! I divided the powder mixture in half before mixing one shake. That way I can make it again another day.

evepet
04-27-2012, 04:17 PM
This is probably a stupid question, but....:^::^: I find myself wondering, so here goes -

When a package of frozen food lists the nutritional details for a certain per serving gm weight on the label, are they quoting for the frozen or thawed weight?

haddy4
04-27-2012, 04:34 PM

Love your story.....:carrot:

Andie0606
04-27-2012, 04:37 PM
This is probably a stupid question, but....:^::^: I find myself wondering, so here goes -

When a package of frozen food lists the nutritional details for a certain per serving gm weight on the label, are they quoting for the frozen or thawed weight?

Probably thawed. I think in cases like that, the nutritionals refer to the way the food is eaten unless otherwise specified.

haddy4
04-27-2012, 04:51 PM

11 pounds!

Congrats:carrot:

DanafromAustin
04-27-2012, 04:55 PM
Just came back from WI#8, down 3lb

congrats on your WI! Prayers sent for your coach. Our youngest is adopted. I hope she will one day be as blessed as we have been.

nimmer1991
04-27-2012, 04:56 PM

Happy Aniversary, you are truelly an inspiration. :)

usmcvet
04-27-2012, 05:00 PM
SO just got my lab results back.
Total cholesterol: 138 down from 146
Tri: 179 down from 263
LDL: 74
HDL: 28
My A1C was 5.4, down from 6.0 last month.

Pretty good numbers some of it is in the genes.

Hope you all have a great night.

usmcvet
04-27-2012, 05:07 PM
congrats on your WI! Prayers sent for your coach. Our youngest is adopted. I hope she will one day be as blessed as we have been.

Adoptive Dad here. My little angles are 4, 6 & 9. Adoption is truly wonderful. Best of luck to the kids and parents.:)

haddy4
04-27-2012, 05:19 PM
had my weighin yesterday,,only 1.6 pounds kinda of bummed but not giving up 18 pounds in 17 days is awesome and i know it..gonna try the spinach in the shake.need to get my vegies in not getting my 4 cupes aday.

Lace and Levis
04-27-2012, 05:23 PM
Just had my first Powerade Zero, I feel like I am cheating! I can't believe this is IP approved.

kellycg102
04-27-2012, 05:26 PM
Congrats WUV, you have had an amazing journey......all the best to the end;)

I have had a pretty good day today, although a disappointment for breakfast. I mistakenly bought the chocolate pudding mix instead of the chocolate drink mix....I opened two packs one for my sake with spinach and one to test chocolate pancakes. NOT the same'..........I soooooo love the chocolate drink....they were out of it last week, so I was looking forward to it this morning :(. I called my clinic and told them my dilemma and said to bring it back and they would switch it. Wew!!! Disaster adverted! The coaches there are really great, give me samples every week to try....and really motivating. The pancake turned out ok with the chocolate pudding, but would like to try the "real" one lol
Went to the States shopping again today and couldn't find the miracle noodles but found the shirataki. I am going to see if I can find the miracle noodles on line and order them. Can't remember what people do with them tho, so I will have to search that.

Now to read the rest of the post.....have a good evening everyone!

wuv2bloved
04-27-2012, 05:27 PM
Popping in to wish everyone a great weekend! I'm going to have crawfish tomorrow, so I plan on making the cauliflower dressing that Wuv posted about Easter week.
I have a new favorite IP drink. Today I mixed the powders of the vanilla shake and the orange drink together. It tasted just like a creamsicle! I divided the powder mixture in half before mixing one shake. That way I can make it again another day.

You can also try the MIO water flavoring Orange tangerine instead of using 2 packets. When I ate my crawfish, my mom measured out 2lbs for me in a bucket. Have them boil, mushrooms and onions as well and some asparagus so you can get some veggies in there too :)...enjoy!

thanks everyone, I went shopping at the avenue for some new pants and I fit in a size 20!!...a year ago I couldn't fit in ANY of there clothes 30-32 was too small!.Found a new pair of pants for $9.96...woohoooooooo

Teden
04-27-2012, 05:29 PM
Happy anniversary, Wuv :) Your story is so inspirational!!

Found a great surprise today- went to a healthy grocery and found almost all the WF products in the store- no more shipping charges :)

I put a little less than a tablespoon of WF marshmallow dip in my choc shake today. YUM. Just when you thing the choc shake couldnt be better ;) Also thinking about trying a dab of WF peanut butter in my chicken stir fry for a Thai kind of flare...

Kaypix
04-27-2012, 05:34 PM
OK, so I'm am super giggly, and this is not IP related...but...I just found out I can get insurance for only like $125 for a month (have a month's gap between employers) instead of having to pay $750 for COBRA! I'm literally so hyper right now I could run a mile! (or at least the first 200 feet of it...)

Kaypix
04-27-2012, 05:36 PM
thanks everyone, I went shopping at the avenue for some new pants and I fit in a size 20!!...a year ago I couldn't fit in ANY of there clothes 30-32 was too small!.Found a new pair of pants for $9.96...woohoooooooo

Lisa,
I LOVE your new photos!! You look like an entirely different person :)

janniegoingdown
04-27-2012, 05:40 PM
I had the new IP Chicken a la King for lunch today...delish! It contains bits of chicken, tiny pieces of pasta, several kernals of corn, and other bits of things. Very thick, too. It was nice to have something with texture that I didn't have to add.

Hi Andie, is this a restricted item? Sounds yummy.

usmcvet
04-27-2012, 05:50 PM
had my weighin yesterday,,only 1.6 pounds kinda of bummed but not giving up 18 pounds in 17 days is awesome and i know it..gonna try the spinach in the shake.need to get my vegies in not getting my 4 cupes aday.

Looks like you are almost half way to your goal. Keep working it. Any loss is Awesome work. :carrot:

mylastdiet
04-27-2012, 06:06 PM
You can also try the MIO water flavoring Orange tangerine instead of using 2 packets. When I ate my crawfish, my mom measured out 2lbs for me in a bucket. Have them boil, mushrooms and onions as well and some asparagus so you can get some veggies in there too :)...enjoy!

Wuv, are you saying 2 lbs whole ends up about 8 ounces peeled? Sure is easier that way, instead of peeling and weighing! You know the routine -peel one, eat one, peel another - etc., etc. Will definitely be doing mushrooms, but I never thought of asparagus. Sounds yum!

I am STILL looking for orange-tangerine Mio. Most stores by me don't even have a place for it on the shelf. Going to Mom's in Mississippi soon so I will check there.

And CONGRATS on the size 20!!! That's so awesome. You must feel like a million dollars! I will be thrilled when I can finally fit back into my one and only size 24 capris!

naysha6
04-27-2012, 06:14 PM
Hey all! Its TGIF! I have a couples fellowship to attend tonight & was wondering what to bring. I went to the store and got some frozen cauliflower and broccoli. Plan on microwaving it, adding my sea salt & olive oil. Who cares if no one else eats my veggies as long as I have an option. My DH said I should just put some stuff on my plate and act like Im eating everything. Why would I want to be tempted like that. I may just take some extra WF dressing in case they have a salad on the side. I just hate going to pot luck type affairs until I get stronger in my journey on IP. Down 14lbs in 4 weeks.

Oh and today I ate out at Picadilly: got some mustard greens, green beans & angus chopped steak. I was wondering if the chopped steak had bread crumbs or something in it. Anyway now I cant stop going to the bathroom and peeing every couple of minutes. Dont know whats up with that. I hope I didn't knock myself out of ketosis with that meal. This is the 1st time I ate green beans in 4 weeks.

Lace and Levis
04-27-2012, 06:17 PM

You look FABULOUS girl!!! I love your photos! And WOW size 20 then top it off with only paying $9.96. Someone's watching over you! :hug:

WingnutandMe
04-27-2012, 06:27 PM
Went to the States shopping again today and couldn't find the miracle noodles but found the shirataki. I am going to see if I can find the miracle noodles on line and order them. Can't remember what people do with them tho, so I will have to search that.

Kelly,

My "quick and dirty" way to fix the noodles when in a hurry is to saute garlic and some red chili sauce in EVOO and after rinsing the noodles for the couple of minutes in hot water, throw them in. Add a little soy sauce and stir them around for a bit since they absorb what they are cooked in.

Molly

Here are a couple other recipes I've found.

Shiritake / Miracle Noodle Capers Surprise
1 bag Shirataki/Miracle Noodles
1 tsp Paprika
1/2 tsp cumin
1 tbsp crushed capers
spray butter
salt / pepper
1 tbsp dijon mustard

Vietnamese noodle soup

Preparation Time:10 minutes * * *Total Time: 20 minutes
Ingredients:
3 cups organic reduced sodium chicken stock
1 clove garlic, minced
1 tsp minced ginger
1/4 tsp cardamom
1- 7oz bag of Miracle Noodle Angel Hair Noodles
1 boneless, skinless chicken breast sliced crosswise into 1/8 slices
1 cup bean sprouts
2 scallions, sliced into 1/4 inch pieces
1 tsp chili sauce(optional)
1/2 lime, cut in half
1/4 cup chopped cilantro
1/3 cup of mushrooms-any variety (optional)
1 thinly slice chili pepper with seeds removed (optional)

Method
In a 3 quart saucepan, bring chicken stock to a boil over medium-high heat. Add garlic, ginger and cardamom and let simmer for 10 minutes.
In a colander rinse noodles with warm water for a couple of minutes, pat dry with a small hand towel or paper towel to remove excess water. Divide noodles into two bowls.
Add chicken to stock and let cook for 5 minutes(until completely cooked)
Pour soup into bowls over the noodles. Divide bean sprouts between 2 soup bowls then top each serving with half the scallions and chili sauce. Garnish bowls with a slice of lime and pieces of cilantro.
I could swear I was at the Vietnamese restaurant, but without the calories!

Thai chicken & Noodles
14 ounces chicken breast
6 mushrooms
2 bags of Miracle Noodles
1 cup light coconut milk
2 tablespoons soy sauce
3 cubes Dorot Crushed Garlic
3 cubes Dorot Chopped Chili
3 cubes Dorot Crushed Ginger
1 tablespoon lemon grass
1 tablespoon lime juice

1. Slice the mushrooms and chicken breast into thin slices.
2. Stir fry the mushrooms and chicken until the chicken is cooked then leave on a low heat.
3. In a mixing bowl place the coconut milk, soy sauce, garlic, chilli, ginger, lemon grass and lime juice and mix thoroughly.
4. Pour the mixture on the chicken and mushrooms and mix well.
5. Rinse and drain the Miracle Noodles.
6. Add the Miracle Noodles to the pan and mix well. Cook for about 4 minutes.
7. Ready to serve.

Up North Girl
04-27-2012, 06:39 PM
Happy anniversary Wuv!, I am brand new, and when I think of trying to lose Almost 50 pounds, it overwhelms me. I keep thinking "it's not a good time... I really don't want to miss out on this event, on this holiday, blah, blah blah." When I think of how many events you endured ( maybe even thrived on), it makes my challenges look small ,indeed. Because if your success, I think I can do this. One day (and one pound) at a time. Thanks.

doublebaby
04-27-2012, 06:59 PM
Had my weigh in this morning. Another 5lbs gone forever and 2 inches off of my lower hips (finally - lol)! I did a lot of hiking last week on vacation and I am sure the cardio didn't help but the leg and hip muscles sure got a workout.
I also picked up the new Chicken Al la King Pottage Mix (non restricted). I plan to try it out tomorrow at lunch time with some cauliflower "fried rice." Sounded good that way, to me at least. Have a great weekend everyone.

Happy anniversary Wuv!

kmc1021
04-27-2012, 07:08 PM
I think I am done. I feel so horrible. I am always starving, I am so tired that it literally is starting to affect my job and my safety. I go to bed at about 8:30 and get up at 6, there is no reason to be this tired. I spread my food out through the day, but yet am starving by 5 pm. I have heard it will get better but it is day 10 and it seems like it is getting worse. I have no support. I have a husband who doesn't want to support me but doesn't want me to quit because he is sick of having a fat wife. I have family and friends that have literally said "why are you doing that, it isn't like you will look good anyway" I just can't take it. I am such a picky eater and am sick of broccoli, cauliflower and cucumbers. UGH

WUV, congrats on your success. I wish I had your will power!

Sewmam
04-27-2012, 07:14 PM
Hello again everybody! What a lot of wonderful posts today!

Chloe, I'm glad to see you are feeling better - you are another person whose posts are always so interesting and thoughtful, and I really appreciate them, even when they are not addressed to me. Did you see the link to the cauliflower popcorn ?

I spent the afternoon painting my carport ceiling a light blue to keep the wasps from building nests there. I had read that they think it is the sky so they don't build their nests. We'll see. I need to get more paint and hopefully will finish it this weekend. I am so beyond tired that I can't even think straight...back at my neighbors house tonight with the hot tub. Kind of a nice change after the piles of stuff at my house...

Have a lovely Friday night!

jenn04
04-27-2012, 07:15 PM
WI #5 Today down 2 more lbs also had to get some new uniform work pants......thats slways good :) Have a great weekend everyone!!

Cadu
04-27-2012, 07:17 PM
Last week I reported a 3 pound gain eventhough I had stayed OP. This week, I lost 5 pounds, so I'm headed back in the right direction. I have been on the plan since January, so I am starting to exercise a little more as the weather gets nicer. That may have been the problem last week???

Congrats on losing 5 this week.

Well WI today was -3.8 and 5 inches gone!

Whooo Hoooooo Billie. keep on losing girl.

Just came back from WI#8, down 3lb, 2", and -0.6% bodyfat and I (just barely) squeeked in to the 170's! Very proud to be in the same class as Cadu! Updated my siggy with the new stats.

Way to go Liz, welcome into the 170's .. meet you in the 160's soon. lol.

Your friend has my prayers. I adopted my 2 kids as well, I adopted them through Foster care ( I had 12 Foster children) so it was a different journey but still a difficult mental process.

Evepet, I have wondered the same thing.

had my weighin yesterday,,only 1.6 pounds kinda of bummed but not giving up 18 pounds in 17 days is awesome and i know it...

1.6 is still a loss... embrace it, you did a good job :carrot:, 18 pounds in 17 days is AMAZING

Just had my first Powerade Zero, I feel like I am cheating! I can't believe this is IP approved.

Arent they amazing!!!!!!

Had my weigh in this morning. Another 5lbs gone forever and 2 inches off of my lower hips (finally - lol)!

"weigh" to go on the loss doubleday.

Cadu
04-27-2012, 07:24 PM
I think I am done. I feel so horrible. I am always starving, I am so tired that it literally is starting to affect my job and my safety. I go to bed at about 8:30 and get up at 6, there is no reason to be this tired. I spread my food out through the day, but yet am starving by 5 pm. I have heard it will get better but it is day 10 and it seems like it is getting worse. I have no support. I have a husband who doesn't want to support me but doesn't want me to quit because he is sick of having a fat wife. I have family and friends that have literally said "why are you doing that, it isn't like you will look good anyway" I just can't take it. I am such a picky eater and am sick of broccoli, cauliflower and cucumbers. UGH

KMC.. I am so sorry you feel so down and that you are not getting the support you need at home. I really dont think you should give up on IP yet. Give it a little more time. The energy will get better. For some it takes a couple weeks. What Are you eating for your dinner protein? Are you eating lower fat meats (chicken, fish). are you getting in your oil and salt? Maybe try the spinach in the shake to get in your veggies. let us know what you are eaing, maybe someone can help you. I hope you decide to stick it out a little longer for YOU not for DH or those family & friends that would say something so hurtful. It is a tough program but you can do it!! and most importantly YOU ARE WORTH IT. Hang in there, we are here for you.

kmc1021
04-27-2012, 07:30 PM
KMC.. I am so sorry you feel so down and that you are not getting the support you need at home. I really dont think you should give up on IP yet. Give it a little more time. The energy will get better. For some it takes a couple weeks. What Are you eating for your dinner protein? Are you eating lower fat meats (chicken, fish). are you getting in your oil and salt? Maybe try the spinach in the shake to get in your veggies. let us know what you are eaing, maybe someone can help you. I hope you decide to stick it out a little longer for YOU not for DH or those family & friends that would say something so hurtful. It is a tough program but you can do it!! and most importantly YOU ARE WORTH IT. Hang in there, we are here for you.

Cadu, thanks. I still haven't gone and ate "real food" I think that is because I just can't move. I have a RTD drink at 7, a bar at 11, 2 cups cucumbers at 2:30 (that is where I get my salt in). I eat dinner at about 5 only because I can't take it anymore. I eat chicken or steak. I don't do any type of sea food. Then I have my snack at about 7:45. I don't want to just give up, that isn't my personality, but this is a million times harder than I anticipated. I don't feel better at all, and that is the main reason I am doing this, so I can feel better.

Cadu
04-27-2012, 07:36 PM
Cadu, thanks. I still haven't gone and ate "real food" I think that is because I just can't move. I have a RTD drink at 7, a bar at 11, 2 cups cucumbers at 2:30 (that is where I get my salt in). I eat dinner at about 5 only because I can't take it anymore. I eat chicken or steak. I don't do any type of sea food. Then I have my snack at about 7:45. I don't want to just give up, that isn't my personality, but this is a million times harder than I anticipated. I don't feel better at all, and that is the main reason I am doing this, so I can feel better.

KMC the first few weeks you are allowed to have an extra packet or 2. maybe you need the little extra in the beginning. It would definetly be better then stopping all together.

salmongirl
04-27-2012, 07:39 PM
Well, it's Friday, half way to my WI day...and I'm chomping on the bit to find out what my loss was. Had dinner with the in-laws last night, and they made turnips like potatoes, cauliflower that turned out like rice and cajun chicken, it was AMAZING! Mother-in-law informed me I can eat "real food" when I come to their house...I wonder what she considers my cooking? (more simple but still good). The cauliflower actually was almost the consistency of mashed potatoes, but a little too lumpy...maybe puree'd with some whipping cream for texture? hm...have to experiment, I have a head of it at home...will try this weekend :)

~Kara
I don't think cream is allowed.

This is your emotions talking, the fat you. I think possibly you are afraid of the success and the change that could be coming your way. Hang in there, you are worth it. If not now, today, then when? Loosing weight and getting healthy will never be easy. You are almost through the hard part so give it one more week. You can do this!

3sisters
04-27-2012, 08:11 PM
Happy Anniversary!!! Lisa, this has been one wild and exciting year. I am one proud Momma. You showed such great strength and determination to stay 100 % OP. It has been a dream of mine for you to become healthy and happy. It just amazes me how this plan has helped you accomplish this dream. I look forward to your calls on Wednesday morning's to tell me your loss the happiness in your voice tells it all. This has been one great journey in your life.

Mom, good thing we have unlimited calls because over the last year we have talked on the phone SOOO much our phone bills would have made us broke for sure. You have shared and experimented with so much stuff to help me keep on track. So see no only has my dream come true but so has YOURS!....I love you

So wonderful. I love it.....

11 pounds!

Wow! Good for you!

Is this restricted? Sounds too good! :)

Oh, and just noticed I am over the half-way point!!!

Congratulations! I'm following you and you are doing so great. I need to take notes and get some walking/exercise in like you do......

6th WI today - down 3lbs and into the 180's! Yay!

haddy4
04-27-2012, 08:29 PM

I just looked at your food menu and i dont think you are eating enough..just my opinion but i only see 2 cups of vegies and should be 4 and also you can eat as much lettuce as you want ..i make my self a big bowl of lettuce with some vegies and olive oil and salt and pepper twice a day to help fill me up and also drink hot tea during the day has helped with hunger..and in my drinks i try and blend some spinach defiently helps with hunger..hope this helps and hope you feel better...:hug:

haddy4
04-27-2012, 08:32 PM
I just looked at your food menu and i dont think you are eating enough..just my opinion but i only see 2 cups of vegies and should be 4 and also you can eat as much lettuce as you want ..i make my self a big bowl of lettuce with some vegies and olive oil and salt and pepper twice a day to help fill me up and also drink hot tea during the day has helped with hunger..and in my drinks i try and blend some spinach defiently helps with hunger..hope this helps and hope you feel better...:hug:

sorry me again..also have you tried Jiacama..it is so good it looks weird but reminds me of a crunchie apple...

evepet
04-27-2012, 08:35 PM
Quoting kmc1021:I have a RTD drink at 7, a bar at 11, 2 cups cucumbers at 2:30 (that is where I get my salt in). I eat dinner at about 5 only because I can't take it anymore. I eat chicken or steak. I don't do any type of sea food. Then I have my snack at about 7:45. I don't want to just give up, that isn't my personality, but this is a million times harder than I anticipated. I don't feel better at all, and that is the main reason I am doing this, so I can feel better

kmc1021 - Do you have a coach? If so, have you discussed your fatique with her/him? First, I'd suggest that - if it's an option.

I'm in my 5th week, and right from the start I was directed to use 4 IP items/day. It's right on my Phase 1 sheet. I have no idea why my program is different from so many here, but that's what I was given and that's what I've been following.

After some trial and error, my typical daily eating now looks like this:

8-8:30am - Protein packet #1: Oatmeal or pancake - sometimes a shake w 1 cup spinach blended in.
12noon - Lunch - Protein packet #2: Generally a soup, blended in with 1 cup zucchini or celery, dehydrated onion and other spices/allowed flavorings to taste. Plus romaine lettuce with 1 cup of cucumber, celery, radishes, grn onion, & mushroom.
3:30pm - Protein #3: Bar
6:30-7pm - Dinner - 8 oz of meat/fish/fowl + 2 cups of veg
10-10:30 pm ish - Before Bed protein #4: Shake.

Compared to many of the posters here, I'm still relatively new at this - but based on my own experience, if you're really feeling this hungry and drained by the time you eat your dinner, I'd definitely second Cadu's suggestion that you add in another packet - at least as a test for a day or two - maybe with the cucumbers at 2:30pm? You have six hours between 11pm and your dinner at 5pm with nothing but cucumber. I'd see if adding another packet in around that that time of day helps you. And of course you want to be sure you're getting in all four cups of veggies, the 2 tsp of oil/day, all your water, and your supplements - plus you can eat extra lettuce (and now I understand celery as well) if you need it. Also remember when you feel tired that the 'lick salt and drink water' tip may help...I still do that when I'm tired and/or headachey, and it has always solved the problem. But do consider adding in a fourth packet at least for a couple of days to see if it helps. It just might make the difference that allows you to keep hanging in there until you break through that early 'malaise'. As I said, my program - right from Day 1 - has been based on 4 packets per day, not three. If it gets you over this hump, then it's definitely worth it. I really hope things improve for you soon. :hug:

In case you're wondering about how the 4 packets daily has affected my weight loss history? I've lost 12 lbs over the total of the 4 weeks, so I'm averaging 3/wk. I lost a little over 6 the first week, 3 the second week, and 1.5 lbs in both weeks 3 & 4. That's not as high as some people here, but I'm 61 and menopausal and sort of expected a slower weight loss. And now that my hunger is largely under control and my energy seems consistently good, I may soon consider dropping back to 3 protein packs/day... but I know I would have found it very difficult in the earlier part of my program.

Cadu
04-27-2012, 08:38 PM
GREAT advise evepet

LSJ100
04-27-2012, 08:40 PM

11 pounds!

Congrats - awesome first WI!!!

I had a moment this past week when I felt like I couldn't eat a veggie if my life depended on it so I put a chocolate RTD, 2 packed cups of spinach, and six ice cubes in the blender and it was awesome. Green but I couldn't taste the spinach, the only thing is it made the chocolate taste a bit more mellow and I'd like it stronger so I'm going to experiment. Thanks to Liz for the idea!

I don't want to push you to do anything you don't want to do but if you have it in you to give it a few more days I'd try...I felt terrible the first two weeks...I had five packets a day the first week and I'm still on four a day for right now. I didn't feel as productive at work, I was tired, didn't have any energy, and it was tough. However, I found this board and saw so many people this was working for and I am doing it with my mom as well so I have good support there and I just kept going. I still have never gotten the energy surge some describe (just finished four weeks) and I got to bed really early and have trouble getting up in the am, but the hunger is mostly gone as are the cravings and most other troublesome symptoms. I'm so glad I kept at it to get to this point...I wish I had more energy and slept less but my body hasn't felt this good in a long time so I'll take the trade off. Remember we are here for you!

WUV, you are amazing! I have only been on this journey a short while and I look for you and the others on this board every day...I teared up when I read your post this morning and we are all lucky to have you!

reneepw
04-27-2012, 08:46 PM
kmc - Hi, I'm new too and I will tell you that my coach told me that if I'm really hungry to go ahead and have an extra shake. I'm doing 3 IP meals a day plus my own meal, with lots of water and the supplements. I'm only on day 4 so still getting through the 'detox', but I can already feel the difference. Hang in there. There are so many great suggestions here, i'm finding a lot of great advice that I'm copying to a word document so I have it handy. I'm even thinking I will email it to my kindle so I have it when I travel.

Beanie Mommy
04-27-2012, 08:51 PM

Happy IP Anniversary! What a great present to yourself to go shopping and loving the things you buy! Especially on sale!

Thank you for all the coaching you are doing here. I often think of you when I have a weak moment and what you would say if I gave into temptation. You keep me in line :)

Again, congrats and thank you for making us want to be as successful as you are.

Beanie Mommy
04-27-2012, 08:56 PM
WingnutandMe, Happy Wedding Anniversary! What a beautiful "meant-to-be-story". Hope you and your husband had a fabulous day!

WingnutandMe
04-27-2012, 09:05 PM
WingnutandMe, Happy Wedding Anniversary! What a beautiful "meant-to-be-story". Hope you and your husband had a fabulous day!

Thanks for the well wishes. I've been pretty lazy today except making stir fry at lunch and reading the forum. DH has taken a couple of naps and he's prepared two of our Corvairs (one is the new avatar pic) for a local car show tomorrow. We will take our "his and hers" Corvairs tomorrow.

Molly

Beanie Mommy
04-27-2012, 09:08 PM

Don't give up just yet. I went through the same thing during my first three weeks on IP. Talk to your coach about being tired and see if there is something you can do other than wait it out. Make sure you are getting in your salt, supplements, and olive oil. Low salt or minerals can make you feel weak.

Don't give up because if haters! They are NOT your friends. Come here for support and inspiration. We want to be your friends, and we will tell you that you are worth the effort as often as you need to hear it! You CAN do this!

CassiR
04-27-2012, 09:12 PM

I also suggest adding in a 4th packet. I have to do this a lot and also a lot during TOM.. speaking of.. you will be feeling very emotional because estrogen that was trapped in your fat stores is being released, making you more hormonal. It's really TOUGH!
I, too was very fatigued in the beginning and my coach suggested having the bar for my morning protein. I have my bar and an egg white omelet for breakfast. I use the egg white omelet because my dinner protein is only 4-6 oz instead of the required 8. That makes up for the missing protein at night. Try having your bar in the morning instead of the RTD.. it has more sugar in it and may help with fatigue. Also, a lot of coaches consider egg whites free because they are so low on calories with no carbs and no fat. So even if you are getting all your animal protein at night, try it. 6 tablespoons of liquid egg whites with salt and put it in a skillet and just cook it like a regular omelet. This will give you some salt right away in the morning to start your day. It helped me and keeps me full until lunch, and I eat this at 6AM and have lunch at 11AM. Have your extra packet around 3-4, then your dinner protein and veggies around 6-8pm. The extra packet WILL NOT send you out of ketosis and you will do just as well with it.
You can do this!! You can surprise all those people that are doubting you.

Beanie Mommy
04-27-2012, 09:13 PM
Thanks for the well wishes. I've been pretty lazy today except making stir fry at lunch and reading the forum. DH has taken a couple of naps and he's prepared two of our Corvairs (one is the new avatar pic) for a local car show tomorrow. We will take our "his and hers" Corvairs tomorrow.

Molly

You guys have THE coolest cars! I love it when you put up the different pics!

Lazy days are awesome :)

Kaypix
04-27-2012, 09:16 PM
I don't think cream is allowed

Heavy whipping cream when being used in cooking is supposed to be OK, two tablespoons (5g) nutritional info is: 20 calories, 2g fat, 0g carbohydrates, 0g protein...then divide that by 3 (6 tsp in 2 tbsp, only use 2 tsp) and then divide that by the two servings it ends up being, so essentially 1 tsp per 2 cup serving of veggies, and 1 tsp would be... 3.33 calories, .333 grams of fat, 0g carbohydrates, 0g protein.

My mother in law is doing this and told me it was OK when she made dinner last night because it was zero carbohydrates and nearly zero grams of fat.

I'll have her ask her coach again next week just in case though :)

~Kara

DanafromAustin
04-27-2012, 09:47 PM
Happy anniversary Wuv!, I am brand new, and when I think of trying to lose Almost 50 pounds, it overwhelms me. I keep thinking "it's not a good time... I really don't want to miss out on this event, on this holiday, blah, blah blah." When I think of how many events you endured ( maybe even thrived on), it makes my challenges look small ,indeed. Because if your success, I think I can do this. One day (and one pound) at a time. Thanks.
I found out a long time ago that there never is a good time to go on a diet. I have had several big challenges since being on IP. My son became a Bar Mitzvah just about a month after I started IP. With lots of friends and family in town to help us celebrate, it was one long 4 day party. I stayed on IP 100%. I've been on two trips while on IP, and one was a cruise. I stayed on IP 100%. Bottom line is life keeps on happening no matter what, and it sure is a lot more fun going through it healthier and thinner.

I'm sure you can do this too. None of us are any more special or have more will power than the next. It really all comes down to how much you really want this. I'm sure you have it within yourself too. :hug:

heycarrieann8
04-27-2012, 09:59 PM
Good evening, everyone!!! Great losses and support today!!! Well done! I had my WI this morning and am down 1 lb. Considering this was the week I spent in Las Vegas for the bachelorette party, I WILL TAKE IT! I can definitely tell I lost some inches, too, so BONUS!

Way to go on your 1 year, Wuv!!! You are great, and have definitely been a source of inspiration for me on this journey!

doublebaby
04-27-2012, 10:13 PM
Happy IP Anniversary! What a great present to yourself to go shopping and loving the things you buy! Especially on sale!

Thank you for all the coaching you are doing here. I often think of you when I have a weak moment and what you would say if I gave into temptation. You keep me in line :)

Again, congrats and thank you for making us want to be as successful as you are.

Ha, this made me giggle "I often think of you when I have a weak moment and [wonder?] what you would say if I gave into temptation."

I have visions of all of us beginning to wear WWWD/WWLD rubber bracelets to keep us going strong! ( what would Wuv do/ what would Lisa do).
Great idea though right?

NewPath
04-27-2012, 10:19 PM
Congrats to all of the BIG Losers!!! (Come on that was fun!!) Happy Anniversary to WUV! As a Newbie, I extend my thanks to all of you, who so patiently guide and advise the rest of us with your wonderful experiences and ideas!

doublebaby
04-27-2012, 10:25 PM
I also suggest adding in a 4th packet. I have to do this a lot and also a lot during TOM.. speaking of.. you will be feeling very emotional because estrogen that was trapped in your fat stores is being released, making you more hormonal. It's really TOUGH!
I, too was very fatigued in the beginning and my coach suggested having the bar for my morning protein. I have my bar and an egg white omelet for breakfast. I use the egg white omelet because my dinner protein is only 4-6 oz instead of the required 8. That makes up for the missing protein at night. Try having your bar in the morning instead of the RTD.. it has more sugar in it and may help with fatigue. Also, a lot of coaches consider egg whites free because they are so low on calories with no carbs and no fat. So even if you are getting all your animal protein at night, try it. 6 tablespoons of liquid egg whites with salt and put it in a skillet and just cook it like a regular omelet. This will give you some salt right away in the morning to start your day. It helped me and keeps me full until lunch, and I eat this at 6AM and have lunch at 11AM. Have your extra packet around 3-4, then your dinner protein and veggies around 6-8pm. The extra packet WILL NOT send you out of ketosis and you will do just as well with it.
You can do this!! You can surprise all those people that are doubting you.

Everyone has given great ideas. Please don't give up just yet. Try one or some of them over the next few days. Hopefully over the weekend you may be able to rest a bit more too but I don't know what your schedule is like. Only you can push yourself through this.
Another way to have some egg whites is to add some cinnamon and a little bit of stevia or other approved sweetner mixed in before cooking them if you need that sugar in the morning.
Good luck and let us know how it goes.

DanafromAustin
04-27-2012, 10:29 PM

I did feel somewhat better by day six when I went into ketosis, but it really wasn't till after the one month mark that I REALLY felt better. I remember thinking during that first month, "This is it? I feel like my body is literally starving to death." I remember about week three or four walking up a flight of steps and saying to my husband, "My body has no energy, it needs more food!" Thankfully it all passed and I became a happy camper again.

After looking at your menu, you need more veggies and I would definetly add another packet until your energy returns. I know my coach told me I could have an extra packet each day for the first few weeks. I never did, but I probably should have as I would have felt better.

This is my menu for the last 7 months:
B-protein bar and tea
L-salad or some other veggie and IP soup or pudding shake (with spinach blended in)
D- 8oz protein and generally a roasted veggie
S-pudding shake before bed

Try and have some protein every 3 to 4 hours so you keep your body happy. If there are some days when I can't eat dinner early enough I will have 1 hard boiled egg or a RTD. Extra protein will never hurt you, only help. Don't give up, and if you aren't finding support at home you know you can always find it here. Eat more and hang in there.:hug:

grassfedbeef
04-27-2012, 10:36 PM

I use 2cups fresh spinach, 6ice cubes and about 6 oz cold water mixed in blender. I pour it into a 24 oz insulated mug and it stays cold and shake like for a couple hours. You dont taste the spinach at all until you get to the bottom of the glass.

kellycg102
04-27-2012, 11:04 PM

Molly

Happy Anniversary.....so nice that you fund each other after so long. Hope you enjoyed your day.

Kelly,

My "quick and dirty" way to fix the noodles when in a hurry is to saute garlic and some red chili sauce in EVOO and after rinsing the noodles for the couple of minutes in hot water, throw them in. Add a little soy sauce and stir them around for a bit since they absorb what they are cooked in.

Molly

Here are a couple other recipes I've found.

Shiritake / Miracle Noodle Capers Surprise
1 bag Shirataki/Miracle Noodles
1 tsp Paprika
1/2 tsp cumin
1 tbsp crushed capers
spray butter
salt / pepper
1 tbsp dijon mustard

Vietnamese noodle soup

Preparation Time:10 minutes * * *Total Time: 20 minutes
Ingredients:
3 cups organic reduced sodium chicken stock
1 clove garlic, minced
1 tsp minced ginger
1/4 tsp cardamom
1- 7oz bag of Miracle Noodle Angel Hair Noodles
1 boneless, skinless chicken breast sliced crosswise into 1/8 slices
1 cup bean sprouts
2 scallions, sliced into 1/4 inch pieces
1 tsp chili sauce(optional)
1/2 lime, cut in half
1/4 cup chopped cilantro
1/3 cup of mushrooms-any variety (optional)
1 thinly slice chili pepper with seeds removed (optional)

Method
In a 3 quart saucepan, bring chicken stock to a boil over medium-high heat. Add garlic, ginger and cardamom and let simmer for 10 minutes.
In a colander rinse noodles with warm water for a couple of minutes, pat dry with a small hand towel or paper towel to remove excess water. Divide noodles into two bowls.
Add chicken to stock and let cook for 5 minutes(until completely cooked)
Pour soup into bowls over the noodles. Divide bean sprouts between 2 soup bowls then top each serving with half the scallions and chili sauce. Garnish bowls with a slice of lime and pieces of cilantro.
I could swear I was at the Vietnamese restaurant, but without the calories!

Thai chicken & Noodles
14 ounces chicken breast
6 mushrooms
2 bags of Miracle Noodles
1 cup light coconut milk
2 tablespoons soy sauce
3 cubes Dorot Crushed Garlic
3 cubes Dorot Chopped Chili
3 cubes Dorot Crushed Ginger
1 tablespoon lemon grass
1 tablespoon lime juice

1. Slice the mushrooms and chicken breast into thin slices.
2. Stir fry the mushrooms and chicken until the chicken is cooked then leave on a low heat.
3. In a mixing bowl place the coconut milk, soy sauce, garlic, chilli, ginger, lemon grass and lime juice and mix thoroughly.
4. Pour the mixture on the chicken and mushrooms and mix well.
5. Rinse and drain the Miracle Noodles.
6. Add the Miracle Noodles to the pan and mix well. Cook for about 4 minutes.
7. Ready to serve.

Thanks so much for the recipes I am looking forward to experimenting with them.

wuv2bloved
04-27-2012, 11:18 PM

Ha, this made me giggle "I often think of you when I have a weak moment and [wonder?] what you would say if I gave into temptation."

I have visions of all of us beginning to wear WWWD/WWLD rubber bracelets to keep us going strong! ( what would Wuv do/ what would Lisa do).
Great idea though right?
LOL...this is great....nice idea :)...something to always wear and remind you to stay focused and OP :)

wuv2bloved
04-27-2012, 11:23 PM
Here are some tips from the Ideal Protein AZ BF page for adding a little flavor to your water.....

Tired of Plain Water? Float pretty flavor enhancers to make the water more enjoyable. You are only drinking the water, not eating the fruit.
Fancy Spa Waters: Fill a glass pitcher with ice water any of these additions:
• Lemon slices & Fresh Mint Leaves
• Lemon & Lime Slices
• Lemon & Basil Leaves
• Frozen Cranberries & Lime (lemon) Slices
• Frozen Blueberries & Strawberries
• Cucumber & Mint
• Fresh Herbs or Edible flowers of your choice
• Lemon, Lime, Mint & a Rosemary Sprig

patns
04-27-2012, 11:45 PM

What are you eating? You shouldn't be that hungry and tired. Maybe you could post your menu for a day?

KitKat169
04-28-2012, 12:07 AM
Happy anniversary Wuv! I sometimes feel like it's going to take longer than I'll be able to handle to lose the weight but then I think of others like you that have continued 100%. If they can do t, why can't I? Thanks fr the inspiration.

P.s. i've discovered that the voice inside my head talking me out of potential cheats as a southern accent. Wonder where that came from.

naysha6
04-28-2012, 12:44 AM
@Wuv: those drinks seem like they look so pretty but Im wondering if I would look down in my glass and discover that I happen to gulp up all that pretty fruit without noticing it.

kmc1021: I want you to hang in there because it is week 4 for me and to be honest I remember many nights just going to bed early like some crack addict needing methidone or something. I didn't want to talk to anyone because I felt like everyone got to eat what they wanted but me. But one day you will wake up feeling lighter and after seeing those numbers go down say to yourself that you can do it. Just get through the hump and I promise it gets better. I used to be the queen of deserts and went to the church thing tonight with my broccoli and cauliflower and little container of WF dressing to go over my lettuce. I did well while everyone else indulged. It will get to the point where the cravings will go away. Just add the other packet, take a big gulp of water (add lemons or your allowed flavorings), go in the corner say a prayer and push through the pain right now. It gets better I promise.

Stefany1769
04-28-2012, 01:56 AM

I believe in you! Don't give up! I would love to share some recipes with you :)

Chloe222
04-28-2012, 07:17 AM
Hello again everybody! What a lot of wonderful posts today!

Chloe, I'm glad to see you are feeling better - you are another person whose posts are always so interesting and thoughtful, and I really appreciate them, even when they are not addressed to me. Did you see the link to the cauliflower popcorn ?

I spent the afternoon painting my carport ceiling a light blue to keep the wasps from building nests there. I had read that they think it is the sky so they don't build their nests. We'll see. I need to get more paint and hopefully will finish it this weekend. I am so beyond tired that I can't even think straight...back at my neighbors house tonight with the hot tub. Kind of a nice change after the piles of stuff at my house...

Have a lovely Friday night!
Good morning! Thank you, Sewmam, for your kind words. I am feeling better except the surgery site is numb this morning...so really taking it easy today - doing very little - think maybe I haven't rested enough and stayed off my feet - so today I'll just try to hang out on the couch, read this website and "talk" to my 3FC friends all day!

Yes, thanks for the cauliflower popcorn recipe. I have a new head of cauliflower just waiting to be used!! Thanks for finding it!

susyqxxxx
04-28-2012, 07:45 AM
Congrats Wuv, you look totally amazing, everytime i feel like i want to cheat, i come to this site, and your words always kick me in the butt...you have made this journey so much easier with your words and all the great advice...

Chloe222
04-28-2012, 07:54 AM
SO just got my lab results back.
Total cholesterol: 138 down from 146
Tri: 179 down from 263
LDL: 74
HDL: 28
My A1C was 5.4, down from 6.0 last month.

Pretty good numbers some of it is in the genes.

Hope you all have a great night.

Vet,
Your numbers are amazing, keep up the good work! You are a role model for many! Thanks for posting your blood work, I had mine done yesterday and look for ward to seeing the difference...my cholesterol and triglyceride levels were creeping up.

it's hard at times not to be bummed when the weekly losses are not large but then that's only because we've become spoiled by the IP magic. Just think about to what losses are like on other popular diets and how on this diet we are additionally doing some incredible things for our body (resetting our pancreas function and cutting insulin resistance short). So keep the big picture in mind. Lastly, remember that a small loss almost always precedes a lovely, satisfying loss by a week or two.

Just think of all these new shopping opportunities!! Yay!!

OK, so I'm am super giggly, and this is not IP related...but...I just found out I can get insurance for only like $125 for a month (have a month's gap between employers) instead of having to pay $750 for COBRA! I'm literally so hyper right now I could run a mile! (or at least the first 200 feet of it...)

That's great - it's so important to have health insurance.

Hey all! Its TGIF! I have a couples fellowship to attend tonight & was wondering what to bring. I went to the store and got some frozen cauliflower and broccoli. Plan on microwaving it, adding my sea salt & olive oil. Who cares if no one else eats my veggies as long as I have an option. My DH said I should just put some stuff on my plate and act like Im eating everything. Why would I want to be tempted like that. I may just take some extra WF dressing in case they have a salad on the side. I just hate going to pot luck type affairs until I get stronger in my journey on IP. Down 14lbs in 4 weeks.

Oh and today I ate out at Picadilly: got some mustard greens, green beans & angus chopped steak. I was wondering if the chopped steak had bread crumbs or something in it. Anyway now I cant stop going to the bathroom and peeing every couple of minutes. Dont know whats up with that. I hope I didn't knock myself out of ketosis with that meal. This is the 1st time I ate green beans in 4 weeks.

I doubt the green beans will throw you out of ketosis, just keep true to the low carb veggies the next few days, you'll be fine.

Perhaps your best strategy is to do what several others have done here which is not to think about the "50" pound number but chunk out the journey in "10" pound increments.

Look carefully at others' signatures, several have realized that's how they can best do this and so they do.

Re the special events and how that interferes with dieting, I have also put off dieting due to this party and that event and this vacation, etc...what a waste and especially since in just a few months you could be down 50-55 pounds and on maintenance. Do you know that on maintenance you get to have a cheat day? You can eat whatever you want and then the next day, be strict again. Then 6 days later, another cheat day. Think about it. How great would it be to feel so slender and yet have this special day once a week to look forward to?

I started a thread a few weeks ago about hunger strategies, look it up. Probably just a few pages back. I have days when I just can't eat enough. They don't happen often, but they do. I really rely on my spinach chocolate shakes, which I make on the large side when needed. I use 80% alternatives since IP is not readily, reliably available in my area and for my shakes use a GNC chocolate protein powder which has the right nutritional profile for IP. If needed, I will make my shake extra large, but it keeps me on the program and the liquids keep me full. Also read that hot foods keep one fuller than cold - so I use a lot of soups to which I add steamed celery. Another strategy for those hungry days is to take my large shake, drink some and the separate the remainder into 2 small pyrex cups, put in the freezer and have one of them every hour or two. The little bit of protein throughout an afternoon really tames the appetite.Lastly put on a pair of really tight pants that you want to fit in...you can do this!! And most importantly, think how proud you will be (in a humble way of course) that you did this. If you can do this, what else can you do in life? Probably some pretty incredible things!:carrot::carrot::carrot:

Chloe222
04-28-2012, 08:12 AM

Hmmm, I'd be hungry too. I need a substantial breakfast and have a pancake every morning. Sometimes I make the mock apple zucchini to put over it. I use WF pancake syrup cut 25% with WF caramel sauce. I drink 3 c of coffee with choc flavored stevia and choc unsweetened almond milk. Then late morning start my Mio flavored water. Drink 1 gallon/day. Do your best to stay busy - I also read supportive material on IP in addition to this website and think about exercise - I do not think too much about food or cooking or I'd drive myself crazy. And then lunch would be a hot soup, filled with steamed celery which melds w/ my soup flavor and have a big salad. Mid afternoon the choc shakes start. 6:30pm have 2 veggies (roasted or steamed), 8 oz. protein, salad. Then after dinner always have a little of that leftover choc shake before I go to bed so have some protein to keep me in ketosis over night. If you ate this, could you stay OP?