Ideal Protein Diet - fat lumps, bumps and bulges

View Full Version : fat lumps, bumps and bulges

3sisters
04-26-2012, 10:01 PM
For all of you who have lost a lot already - and forgive if this seems gross and graphic - but I have "lumps" and bulges of fat stores - especially on my hips (like baseballs) and above my belly button (like a grapefruit!). Looks almost like a hernia - but it is not, it is just a large bulge of fat. Will this "deflate" as I lose more or will I always have this bulge even when more slender? I know I will have the extra skin, but what about bulges of lumpy fat? Yuk

DanafromAustin
04-26-2012, 11:19 PM
For all of you who have lost a lot already - and forgive if this seems gross and graphic - but I have "lumps" and bulges of fat stores - especially on my hips (like baseballs) and above my belly button (like a canteloupe!). Looks almost like a hernia - but it is not, it is just a large bulge of fat. Will this "deflate" as I lose more or will I always have this bulge even when more slender? I know I will have the extra skin, but what about bulges of lumpy fat? Yuk

Hard to say as everyone is different. I would suggest strength training to help along any body fat still stored under you skin.

Samba
04-27-2012, 07:22 AM
I don 't know how it all works out in the end as Iam not there yet. I too have odd bumps in some places.

I hope a lot of it goes on away as the fat leaves! Seems the fat is kinda spotty as it is lost. Not sure why that is.

When I dress, some if the protrusions bother me. I have found body shaping garments help to spread it and schmooosh it into a smoother line. Spanx, Assets and Flexees are my friends right now!