Ideal Protein Diet - Accidentally Cheated

View Full Version : Accidentally Cheated

VickiR
04-26-2012, 05:36 PM
Help! I just accidentally cheated. I'm supposed to be starting phase 3 on Saturday. Marinated skirt steak was on sale at the store. I asked the butcher if it had any sugar and he said no. I just cooked it and ate it for lunch. It was soooo good. Too good. I called the store back and asked them to read me the ingredients. Sure enough the first ingredient was SUGAR. What do I do??? I'm devastated. :(

Andie0606
04-26-2012, 05:46 PM
Not much you can do, now. Maybe drink lots of water to try to flush it out of your system. Don't beat yourself up. These things will happen. Just learn from it and move on.

New Englander
04-26-2012, 07:25 PM
Don't stress it...You'll be introducing carbs for breakfast on P3 and they'll be delicious! Relax and move on!!!

You're doing great!

VickiR
04-27-2012, 10:42 AM
Thanks, guys. The good news is I'm still in ketosis (per my ketostix strips) and I didn't gain any weight. I drank lots of extra water and had a very low carb IP snack last night. This just goes to show you can never be too careful and even if you ask and they say there is no sugar you have to read the label yourself.
I LOVE this site and attribute much if not most of my success to it. Thanks for everything!

jakeryanmom
04-27-2012, 02:29 PM
Hi VickiR
I noticed that you quickly lost your weight. I am about your size and just started last week. How long did it take you to lose the weight? I am just curious since I thought it would take longer to lose since I am petite and only looking to lose 15-25 lbs.

VickiR
04-27-2012, 02:57 PM
Hey Jakeryanmom,

About 6 weeks. I would have made my goal lower but I'm leaving for vacation in 2 weeks and I wanted to be sure to phase off properly. I'll probably reset my goal when I get back and lower my goal weight to 110. I really found this site and myfitnesspal invaluable. I track all my food in myfitnesspal and make sure my daily carbs are under 30. This is the BEST program ever!!! Keep at it and the weight will melt off. Drink lots of water, eat lower carb veggies like spinach, eat "whole foods" not processed like grilled chicken, don't skip any packets, and make sure to get enough healthy fats in. Oh, and get ready to have to go shopping. You're clothes will be falling off in a matter of weeks! :)

VickiR
04-27-2012, 02:57 PM
By the way- I'm from Chicago burbs too!

jakeryanmom
04-27-2012, 03:38 PM
small world-- which burbs?

VickiR
04-27-2012, 04:48 PM
Mt. Prospect

jakeryanmom
04-27-2012, 04:50 PM
Ha ha! Hoffman Estates :)

VickiR
04-27-2012, 08:29 PM
2 of my girlfriends and both of my sisters are doing IP too. One of my girlfriends goes to a place in arlington heights and the other goes in schaumburg. my sisters and i both go in winnetka. watch out NW Suburbs~ the women around here are going to be hot!!!

Teden
04-28-2012, 12:43 AM
I want to join the club too ;)
I'm from Mundelein!

VickiR
04-28-2012, 12:49 AM
Yay Teden! Where is your clinic?

Teden
04-28-2012, 11:12 AM
Yay Teden! Where is your clinic?

It's on Rt 45 in downtown mundelein- in a chiropractic clinic :)