Old 04-26-2012, 02:39 PM   #1  
Started IP May 1, 2012

S/C/G: 281/ticker/140

Height: 5'4"

Default Thinking of starting IP and have questions

Hi everyone. I'm thinking about starting IP and I've done some research, but still have a few questions...

How do you feel? How did you feel at the beginning and how do you feel now? Are you hungry all the time and how are your energy levels? Any negative side effects? Also, I wasn't able to find a cost. I know you have to meet with coaches and that costs money, but can you give me a weekly or monthly estimate? Any other advice you think I should know?
0ojoyo0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2012, 04:12 PM   #2  

S/C/G: 300/152/154

Height: 5 ft 5.525 inches

Hi, some people get a burst of energy while in ketosis, but I never did. Then again, I have chronic fatigue.

What I did find was that it was much easier to get around with every pound lost, so that was a big plus for me.

As far as costs go, it is pretty spendy. You can deduct what you would have spent on packaged foods, but I never bought much of that anyway. Even the vegetables and meats that we do buy are not cheap. Every day, you eat 4 cups of allowed vegees, all the lettuce you want, and 8 oz of animal protein (unless you are going the vegetarian route). The 'sticky' thread has the Phase 1 sheet that lists all the vegees and meats you can have.

The IP food runs around $4/packet, or a little less, and you eat 3/day. Some of them are okay to have everyday, some are 'restricted' quantities, depending on the amount of carbs/fats in them.

The supplements run $24 for 120 Cal-Mag (4/day); $28 for 60 Multi Vit (2/day); $21 for 100 Pot-Cal (1/day). At least that's what my clinic charges. Those are the mandatory supplements. I didn't take the other ones until later, and even then, did not continue with them.

It is an expensive plan, and requires real dedication and being ready for the committment, but it can work wonders, and is considered pretty safe. Many clinics will charge an initial work-up fee, then provide you with a sample bag with one packet of most of the IP products. It's alot of $ to lay out at first, but then you get to try them before ordering anymore.

There are many possibilities for recipes that either use the packets with food or just make food in different ways, different spices. It keeps it interesting and easier to stay on-plan. So, when you get the Phase 1 sheet, start thinking about what your favorite vegees and spices are...

Good luck ! If you start it, come back and tell us how you're doing!
Sewmam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2012, 04:32 PM   #3  

S/C/G: 166/ticker/120

Height: 5'5

I have only been on the program for 2 weeks and I feel great!

The first week is the hardest. I would say that it's 90% determination (I am NOT going to eat _____!) and the other 10% is eating the IP food. The first week was the hardest for me because your restricted on the food you can eat & how often so I was pretty hungry a lot until my body adapted. I used to feel tired all the time before I started IP but now I don't even need coffee to get going in the morning and I have energy to go out and do things after work. My energy has gone through the roof!

I will agree that the packages can be pretty pricey.

In my opinion you will be doing the best thing for yourself by sticking with the IP plan. It will be hard but your efforts will be well worth it and you really have to be willing and ready to put in the effort.
skinnybride2be is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2012, 04:41 PM   #4  

What I like about IP is that because it's so strict, I no longer crave things that I cannot have (i.e. wine!) On Weight Watchers, I could have anything as long as I counted the points, so I constantly wanted more (wine). Now, since I haven't had ANY, I don't even think about it any more. That goes for everything...ice cream, Dove chocolates, bread (and I make my own!). This diet really is great. It's the best thing I've ever done for myself.
Andie0606 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2012, 04:44 PM   #5  

S/C/G: 166/ticker/120

Height: 5'5

I completely agree with Andie. I was horrible on ww. I would use all of my points on sweets and wonder why I wasn't loosing... silly I know. IP is great for me because it tells me exactly what to eat.
skinnybride2be is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2012, 04:51 PM   #6  

Plus, IP is so fast! Even when I only lose 1 lb. in a week, it's still faster than WW! That's because I'm short. On any other diet it takes me longer to lose than it does a taller person. I've said before that the last time I tried WW, I lost 4 lbs. in 6 weeks. I lost over 7 lbs. my first week on IP!
Andie0606 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2012, 06:38 PM   #7  
Started IP May 1, 2012

S/C/G: 281/ticker/140

Height: 5'4"

Thanks ladies! Yeah, I think I need a stricter diet. I'm one of those people who cheats and then wonders why the heck I'm not losing anything. Right now I'm just calorie counting, and it's so easy to go over the daily limits. I feel like if I had someone tell me exactly what to eat and when, I would see a lot more success.

I've been reading up on the IP forum, and it seems like everyone pretty happy with their results. I think I'm gonna do it!
0ojoyo0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2012, 06:48 PM   #8  

S/C/G: 300/152/154

Height: 5 ft 5.525 inches

Good points! I just needed somebody to tell me what to do, and IP did that. No calculating, no counting...just follow the rules and it comes off. Amazing...
Sewmam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2012, 07:02 PM   #9  

S/C/G: 202/160/135

Height: 5'3"

First week wasn't just hard (headache, fatigue), it was very emotional (for me). I was practically crying thinking about pizza or cake. After that - amazing spike of energy. Some weeks are better, some worse, but it's soooo worth it. Good luck to you!
zoyaka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2012, 07:08 PM   #10  
SBDubs

S/C/G: 198.4/179.6/165

Height: 5'11''

Thumbs up

Quote:
Originally Posted by 0ojoyo0 View Post
Thanks ladies! Yeah, I think I need a stricter diet. I'm one of those people who cheats and then wonders why the heck I'm not losing anything. Right now I'm just calorie counting, and it's so easy to go over the daily limits. I feel like if I had someone tell me exactly what to eat and when, I would see a lot more success.

I've been reading up on the IP forum, and it seems like everyone pretty happy with their results. I think I'm gonna do it!

It's an amazing program. You see results quickly which really helps with your motivation.

Congrats!
staceyjblack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2012, 07:46 PM   #11  

S/C/G: 167/135/120

Height: 5' 3"

Some folks have had good luck by beginning to reduce their carb intake before they even begin the diet, so that there is less shock to the system. You might want to plan your start week when you know you will be able to rest and take care or yourself in case you feel icky for a day or two. Start-up costs can vary widely. Read the stickies, there is a ton of great information.

There are two points which I wish EVERYONE who is considering IP would be made aware of:

Good luck!

Last edited by Survalia; 04-26-2012 at 07:47 PM.
    Survalia is offline   Reply With Quote