Weight Loss Support Give and get support here!

Old 04-26-2012, 11:42 AM   #1  
threenorns

Default time to up the calories =P

blood test did not come back good this time - looks like i'm heading back into anaemia - so i have to up the calories.

i hate this part - means i have to start all over from scratch re learning to eat.

Last edited by threenorns; 04-26-2012 at 11:43 AM.
Old 04-26-2012, 11:48 AM   #2  
drifting downward!

S/C/G: (HW 194) 175/168/140

Height: 5'5 1/2"

Why does this mean you have to start all over from scratch?

Could you address the concern by adding in a couple servings of red meat a week, more spinach and other greens, and maybe an appropriate supplement? Sure, you'll need to adjust some things out - but that sounds like minor tweaking to me... plus an opportunity to find great ways to prepare and enjoy those foods more!

Edit - I just saw your other post where you detailed a bit more about too-low calories being a concern. So maybe you could add those things in without even needing to remove much from your current diet, and then just observe for a bit to see how your body reacts?

Last edited by Desiderata; 04-26-2012 at 11:54 AM.
Desiderata is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2012, 02:07 PM   #3  
threenorns

my current calorie level is extremely low - 750/day. after a while on it, it's too easy to get paranoid about eating anything approaching a normal meal - ie, my usual breakfast is 2 poached eggs with a tbsp of salsa.

just adding an orange and half a glass of milk would increase it by 100cals (from 150 to 250) which would be a sparse breakfast under normal circumstances but it's difficult to loosen the mental controls required to keep to the original calorie level.

and then, of course, the stomach feels uncomfortably bloated.

i know the mental thing will only last a week or so but it's still awkward.

i thought the two multivitamins a day would take care of the iron problem but apparently not - iron supplements just don't seem to work all that well.

when i wasn't paying attention to my weight, i ate red meat daily, usually more like 3x/day and my iron levels were only average. it's an absorption issue.