Ideal Protein Diet - IP Daily Chat Thursday 4/26/2012

View Full Version : IP Daily Chat Thursday 4/26/2012

rissimo
04-26-2012, 07:06 AM
Welcome back to the Daily Chat thread - post your plans for today, share what's been happening, ask questions!

:welcome3:

Some forum lingo:
NSV = Non-scale victory
TOM = time of the month
WI = Weigh-in
WF = Walden Farms
OP = on program

Bookmarking:
Ideal Protein Sub-forum Home page
Consider making it a bookmark or a favorite in your browser so you can come back easily to get your RDA of Ideal Protein information.
Ideal Protein Sub-forum Home Page (http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/ideal-protein-diet-236/)

Information for newbies:
Check the sticky page for lots of good information and please read before asking what might be a frequently asked question here in the daily thread: Information on Ideal Protein phases (1-4), recipes, newbie guide, FAQ, and other important threads. (http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/ideal-protein-diet/238801-ip-ultimate-list-recipes-faq-newbie-guide-other-important-threads.html)

Tickers and Signatures:
There are 2 requirements to have access to signatures and tickers. You must have been a member of 3fatchicks for 20 days AND posted at least 20 messages anywhere on the 3fatchicks forum. When you've met those requirements check The Ultimate Signature and Ticker Thread (http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/announcements-forum-help/203435-ultimate-one-stop-signature-ticker-thread-read-here-if-you-have-questions.html)for more information and instructions.

Quoting:
The best quoting tip (http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/announcements-forum-help/203435-ultimate-one-stop-signature-ticker-thread-read-here-if-you-have-questions.html)- EVER!! Thanks Rosie, aka 6710.

Searching:
If you can't find what you're looking for in this forum using the website search function, try using the "double search" using Google.

1) Go to google.com. Search 3fatchicks by using the term site:3fatchicks.com at the end of your google search.

For example, if you want to look for "big mac in a bowl", type "big mac in a bowl site:3fatchicks.com" in google search. No need to inlucde the quotation marks when you type.

2) This will bring up the page that you are looking for, now hit Ctrl+F to search on that page. Type "big mac in a bowl" and all instances of that search term will be highlighted.

Progress photos:
have been moved to the Mini-Goal Photo Album. (http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/mini-goals-201/)

Other helpful links related to the Ideal Protein diet:
Dr. Tran Tien Chanh's website (http://www.trantiendiet.com/site/spip.php?rubrique19)

Dr. Tran Tien Chanh's book (PDF file): The Unbalanced Diet Approach to a Slimmer You

Cadu
04-26-2012, 07:23 AM
Good Morning Everybody

Just wanted to send good vibes to everyone today and extra good vibes to those who are struggling. have a great day, enjoy every success that comes today.

Chloe222
04-26-2012, 07:28 AM
Good morning all,
Just breezed through yesterday's posts, catching up. Great weigh ins yesterday!

Have a wonderful day, stay strong and OP!
Chloe

PS: Thank you for the good wishes the past couple of days. My surgery went well yesterday. Taking it easy today and this weekend.

Cadu
04-26-2012, 07:34 AM
Good morning all,

Chloe

PS: Thank you for the good wishes the past couple of days. My surgery went well yesterday. Taking it easy today and this weekend.

Glad to see you here this morn Chloe, I am happy all went well yesterday. Be kind to yourself today and take it easy.

Chloe222
04-26-2012, 07:35 AM
Oh, just a thought - when they give you IV, it appears that the default is a sugar based solution. I asked about that right before they hooked me up, I told them I didn't want any sugar in my body. Of course they wanted to know why, had to get special dispensation from the anesthesiologist and then they used a saline solution instead.

Re wanting to know why and then hearing about IP, it became a point of interest among the nurses and doctors. Naturally they wanted to learn more about it.

Pookiepotpie2
04-26-2012, 07:36 AM
Good Morning All,

I am using WF products (I placed a big order online) and it tastes so good I feel scared that I am messing up IP and ketosis but my coach has an order form right in her office said all the products are approved for all phases so I guess my next couple WI will let me know. I hope everyone has a great day. PS look I earned my tracker!!!!

Chloe222
04-26-2012, 07:38 AM
Hi Cadu,
I missed these boards yesterday!

Yes, will be taking it easy. Have the hubby waiting on me...will be trying to milk that for as long as possible! LOL!

Billster
04-26-2012, 07:41 AM
So I’m going to share my VERY dark dirty secret! I have never really counted my veggies! And I have to be honest I have had very good weight loss, 29lbs in 8 weeks BUT I know it could be better much better! So this week I really tried to ensure I counted everything not just eye balled it. So I do have a question…. 1 cup veg is 85 grams right? My coach wasn’t too sure and said to use a measuring cup but let’s face it, there is a lot of room for more in a measuring cup depending on what size the veggies are. I have been weighing mine out at 85 grams yesterday. I think its right but need some experts to ensure me.

Chloe222
04-26-2012, 07:43 AM
Good Morning All,

I am using WF products (I placed a big order online) and it tastes so good I feel scared that I am messing up IP and ketosis but my coach has an order form right in her office said all the products are approved for all phases so I guess my next couple WI will let me know. I hope everyone has a great day. PS look I earned my tracker!!!!

Pookie,
Nice tracker! That was fun to put together,wasn't it?

Re WF, some people are highly sensitive to these free additives and it appears most aren't. I'm not sensitive to them and so use as much as I want. Others have only 2 T or less a day of all additives. Just wanted to let you know.

Have a great OP day!

usmcvet
04-26-2012, 07:50 AM
Good morning IP friends! Day two at the water park. I've always taken the kids swimming but usually end up in the pool or ocean with them for hours. The park is quite different. I've been self conscious about not wearing g a shirt in public most of my life. I know I had my fair share of looks and smirked yesterday but I keept thinking a month ago and 50 pounds ago it would have been much worse. The trip and wait up the 4 flights of stairs for the waterslide was no problem. The ride down slide was another thing. It was fun and terrifying at the same time. I was 20# overweight for the ride but went anyway. I lost my tube in the dark half way down. I promised my 9 year old son I'd go once more today. I will hold on better this time. I only had one handle in my grasp yesterday. I will make sure today I have both.

Off to breakfast. Have an awesome OP/IP day.

prettyone
04-26-2012, 08:01 AM
Good Morning All,

Today is the big day my first official WI. Im excited and scared all at the same time. Hoping the scale is good to me, considering I have been OP 100% I was even strong enough to watch the family eat pizza last night while I ate my ol salad lol. Make it a great one~

Cadu
04-26-2012, 08:07 AM
Good Morning All,

Today is the big day my first official WI. Im excited and scared all at the same time. Hoping the scale is good to me, considering I have been OP 100% I was even strong enough to watch the family eat pizza last night while I ate my ol salad lol. Make it a great one~

Good luck at WI today!!!!!!!

CassiR
04-26-2012, 08:09 AM
Morning all!
Today I am sleepy. I went to bed early last night because TOM is making me crazy.. my emotions.. my cravings.. the bloating.. everything is so much worse this month. I was so emotional last night and really craved a new pesto I made for the DH. I didnt even get a lick. Proud of myself but then I had an extra restricted. UGH.. then the guilt came. This morning for breakfast I had an omelet instead of my normal restricted bar. Maybe I can make it the day without a restricted today to make up for yesterday? I've discovered that TOM is a very powerful thing on this diet and makes me crazier than normal. /sigh

Chloe, glad you're back! Relax and enjoy being waited on :P

CassiR
04-26-2012, 08:10 AM
PrettyOne GOOD LUCK! You'll do great!

salmongirl
04-26-2012, 08:22 AM
Cadu, you are always so upbeat, thanks for that!
Chloe, I hope you feel better.
CassiR, all I can say is that there are some advantages to being my age and one big one is no TOM! Hang in there, this too shall pass and you will be thinner when it does!

I guess it is going to be a rainy day here in Idaho. So today I cannot garden and will have to work on my daughters dance costume that I have been putting off. Recital is next week so I really need to get a move on!

I hope everyone has a great day. Prettyone, I hope your weigh-in is fun! Remember this is a life changing journey of very small steps. Enjoy each step.

MustangMolly
04-26-2012, 08:24 AM
Oh, just a thought - when they give you IV, it appears that the default is a sugar based solution. I asked about that right before they hooked me up, I told them I didn't want any sugar in my body. Of course they wanted to know why, had to get special dispensation from the anesthesiologist and then they used a saline solution instead.

Re wanting to know why and then hearing about IP, it became a point of interest among the nurses and doctors. Naturally they wanted to learn more about it.

I would never have thought to ask about that, I would just assume an IV would be saline based. Thanks for sharing the information.

My NSV for this week: I ordered myfirst pair of size 16 jeans last night in at least 10 years! I'm sure with the new vanity sizing they are probably more like an 18 but that's still great for me. I became so thrilled the first time I bought a pair of jeans that didn't have "W" after the size. Hope everyone has a great day and good WI's.

Ducksmy
04-26-2012, 08:29 AM
Good Morning Everyone!
PrettyOne- SOOOOOO EXCITED for you! Let us know!
Cadu- you always manage to inspire!
NSV today...... wearing a size 14 pants! They fit great! Maybe a lil big! I had gotten into some 14's but not fitting like this!

Be Blessed today!

Kaypix
04-26-2012, 08:30 AM
So I’m going to share my VERY dark dirty secret! I have never really counted my veggies! And I have to be honest I have had very good weight loss, 29lbs in 8 weeks BUT I know it could be better much better! So this week I really tried to ensure I counted everything not just eye balled it. So I do have a question…. 1 cup veg is 85 grams right? My coach wasn’t too sure and said to use a measuring cup but let’s face it, there is a lot of room for more in a measuring cup depending on what size the veggies are. I have been weighing mine out at 85 grams yesterday. I think its right but need some experts to ensure me.

Billster,
Technically grams is a weight thing a cups is a volume thing, so they don't necessarily play "nice" together. One cup holds 8 fluid ounces, and 8 FLUID ounces is 226.796185 grams...but again, that's fluid and it weighs more than veggies (cup o' water seems to tip the scale against a cup o' cucumbers)

What I use when I'm on the good is the following:

The Vegetable Group
1 cup green salad ---- baseball or a fist
1/2 cup cooked broccoli ---- light bulb
1/2 cup serving ---- 6 asparagus spears; 7 or 8 baby carrots

I use the fist reference for all my raw veggies to get my one cup at a time in :)

Hope that helps!
-Kara

jcjnjj
04-26-2012, 08:35 AM
Good morning everyone! Tomorrow's the big 1st weigh in. My Mom and I are doing this together and she is weighing in today. I'm excited to hear her results.
Make it a good day!

Sewmam
04-26-2012, 08:38 AM
Good morning everybody! It's a cool breeze coming in the window this morning, but beautiful blue sky out there and the birds are singing...that reminds me, I get lots of owls here, as I'm right across the street from a forest, and last night there were two of them howling away at each other. Makes me wish I had night vision goggles...such interesting creatures.

I'm on Phase 1 today, after my splurge on the Fannie Mae sf chocolates. But, I learned my lesson, no malitol, ever again... Also read the package on the Crystal-lite Nutivia lemonade and the dirty rats list sugar as the first ingredient! I saw the Nutivia on front label and thought, great, they use stevia, and they do, but not much. There goes another $3 down the drain...

There is a certain simplicity and security in doing a Phase 1 day. After all this time of craving the 'real foods,' who'da thunk it? ;)

Glad to hear the surgery went well, Chloe!

Hope you all have a wonderful day and good luck on your weigh-ins!

Kaypix
04-26-2012, 08:45 AM
Good Morning All,

Prettyone:
Keep us posted on how your WI goes! Mine isn't until next week Monday, 4 LONG days away, and may I say, UGH! I made the mistake of weighing twice in a week, last Friday and then this monday, and was pumped to see a almost 4 LB drop, but since Friday wasn't "official" on my IP diet yet (started products monday) I am not really counting it.

Morning all!
Today I am sleepy. I went to bed early last night because TOM is making me crazy.. my emotions.. my cravings.. the bloating.. everything is so much worse this month. I was so emotional last night and really craved a new pesto I made for the DH. I didnt even get a lick. Proud of myself but then I had an extra restricted. UGH.. then the guilt came. This morning for breakfast I had an omelet instead of my normal restricted bar. Maybe I can make it the day without a restricted today to make up for yesterday? I've discovered that TOM is a very powerful thing on this diet and makes me crazier than normal. /sigh

I'm sorry you're stuck with TOM, but we all get their visit I suppose :( I wonder if there's a version of pesto that would be OP for you? With all these fabulous people on the threads I'm sure someone has come up with something, or at least hope so :)

Good morning IP friends! Day two at the water park. I've always taken the kids swimming but usually end up in the pool or ocean with them for hours. The park is quite different. I've been self conscious about not wearing g a shirt in public most of my life. I know I had my fair share of looks and smirked yesterday but I keept thinking a month ago and 50 pounds ago it would have been much worse. The trip and wait up the 4 flights of stairs for the waterslide was no problem. The ride down slide was another thing. It was fun and terrifying at the same time. I was 20# overweight for the ride but went anyway. I lost my tube in the dark half way down. I promised my 9 year old son I'd go once more today. I will hold on better this time. I only had one handle in my grasp yesterday. I will make sure today I have both.

Congratulations! You are officially 20% smaller than you were a month ago! 20% is "statistically significant" (puts on nerd glasses) and think, you are no longer carrying 3-5 bowling balls around with you :) Dare you to try and pick up 50 LBS of anything and NOT think "holy cow, how have I been carrying all this around???" You are doing AMAZING and a huge inspiration to us :) keep up the super work!

For me today the goal is to stay OP, day 4, all day, and continue my experimenting with when my "snack" happens. Yesterday went well with it happening 1/2 way through breakfast and lunch, then finished it between lunch and dinner time. I hate Thursdays (and Tuesdays) though because I teach from 10AM-noon, then speed to my "normal" job from 12:30PM-5:30PM , and while at school my schedule is all screwy, so I have to debate whether to eat breakfast late, or pound water like there's no tomorrow...kind of nuts...made "poor boy fillets" last night, turned out good but a bit dry, might add some olive oil next time for moisture...very low carb though, just ground beef (97% lean) , chopped green peppers and onions, sprinkled with salt and pepper, then wrapped in turkey bacon (which I didn't eat). Tonight I'm visiting the inlaws while DH is teaching a night class. They are both doing IP so it'll be fun to see what they came up with for food. Both are smaller than me, so it'll be motivational for me to catch up (a little competition between women can be a good thing right?) MIL is at 145 and is like, 5'5" almost to a size 8, her 10's are loose, and I'm like "dang it I can do this too!" Anyways, off to wake up DH...I let him sleep long enough! Oh, and today my energy is awesome, and I had 1/2 my protein drink in my coffee with a pinch of splenda (used <1/2 a packet), totally made my day since I've avoided coffee the last like, 3 weeks. Woot!
~Kara

http://tickers.TickerFactory.com/ezt/t/wdxyGyB/weight.png
(http://www.TickerFactory.com/weight-loss/wdxyGyB/)

prettyone
04-26-2012, 08:46 AM
PrettyOne GOOD LUCK! You'll do great!

Thanks CassIR, I cant wait to share the news.

Good luck at WI today!!!!!!!

Thanks Cadu.

Prettyone, I hope your weigh-in is fun! Remember this is a life changing journey of very small steps. Enjoy each step.
Thanks salmongirl, Im looking forward to it.

Good Morning Everyone!
NSV today...... wearing a size 14 pants! They fit great! Maybe a lil big! I had gotten into some 14's but not fitting like this!

Be Blessed today!

Thanks Ducksmy. Congrats on the pants. Im so ready for a "smaller waredrobe".

Good morning everyone! Tomorrow's the big 1st weigh in. My Mom and I are doing this together and she is weighing in today. I'm excited to hear her results.
Make it a good day!

Good luck on your WI jcjnjj:carrot:

carolirish
04-26-2012, 08:49 AM

Well done usmvet! That is a fabulous feeling. Your kids must have been delighted to have you join them. i know about feeling insecure in a bathing suit. But, you are on the right track. 4 flights of stairs!! Imagine how you will feel after the next 50lbs. Great.

mom3girls63
04-26-2012, 08:51 AM
Day 5 (I feel like I should be saying "Captain's Log" after each day),

Last night we had dinner at Outback for DD's 21st birthday. I was SOOOOOO good! I had the steak, steamed broccoli and a wedge salad. I probably should not have had the dressing that was on the salad, but eh! Thankfully, there wasn't a lot of it.

One thing I have noticed, I am tired. I am ready for bed at 7:30 and force myself to stay awake until at least 9. Granted, I don't go to sleep until 10:30-11:00-ish, but I just want to lay down and rest my body. My body doesn't ache per se, I just feel spent.

Today, tried the banana pudding for breakfast. It wasn't bad. Lunch will be a shake and a salad. Dinner will be.............unknown right now. I forgot to take anything out of the freezer. I am thinking City Bar-B-Q would be a good option. I can get the meat, a salad and take my own WF dressing.

I am just living for WI on Saturday morning! I cannot wait. I SOOOOOO want to see a drop in weight.

Everyone have a wonderful day!

Sewmam
04-26-2012, 08:57 AM

Another Trekky !!! I love Star Trek! ;)

I just had the banana pudding for breakfast too - mixed with the vanilla shake, more water and on ice. Delish...

Tripmama
04-26-2012, 08:57 AM
Good Morning All,

:goodluck::goodluck:

Morning all!

You've got this! Keep up the great work!:dancer::dancer:

Dakin
04-26-2012, 09:07 AM
Good morning IP family!

Disappointed with my WI yesterday, so I'm also being more conscious about measuring my veggies. According to my coach, lettuce and celery do not count as my veggies because they are free. So, that means that in addition to my large garden salad for lunch, I'm supposed to eat another 2 cups of green peppers, cauliflower or broccoli? Does that sound right?

Chloe Sending you safe, speedy recovery vibes.

prettyone, and jainjj (& mom) Good luck on your WI today! Let us know how you did!

Pookie Love the new tracker! You're gonna love watching it move each week!

Molly Congrats on the new size! Even tho I've lost close to 18 lbs, I'm still in 14's. Granted, they aren't tight anymore, but I really want to drop a size soon!

Wishing everyone a fabulous day!!! ~*~*~**~

kellycg102
04-26-2012, 09:26 AM
Good Morning all, great post already as usual.....fantastic people on here I must say.

Great #7 WI this morning down 3.4 pounds a total of just over 24 lbs in 7 weeks. Pretty pleased, I haven't been this size since 2000 when I met my husband! Next goal 140's!
It is weird I was thinking last night...to say 7 weeks on a diet seems long and grueling, but looking back it does not seem like I have been going 7 weeks..........and no feelings of derailing yet. I hope if and/or when it happens I can control it!
I leave for Baltimore next Wednesday night to visit family, the kids and I are staying in a hotel overnight to break the hours up a bit, so already thinking ahead of packing my IP food, but I am going to search on line and see if I can take cooked veggies across the border. I know they ask if I have any when crossing over, but hoping cooked are alright????? Then at least I can prepare some ahead of time and take them with me. If not I guess I will stop on the other side and grab some easy prepare veggies to eat on the way.

Have a great day everyone and good luck to all those that are weighing in today.

kellycg102
04-26-2012, 09:33 AM
Good morning all,

Chloe

Glad to hear the surgery went well! I actually was thinking about the dextrose saline they would put in you, wasn't sure if you could opt to not have it, glad it was possible. Take it easy and fast healing.

Good Morning All,

Good luck on the weigh in, the first is pretty exciting for sure. Good job on the pizza thing, amazing what we can do on this diet.

Good Morning Everybody

Just wanted to send good vibes to everyone today and extra good vibes to those who are struggling. have a great day, enjoy every success that comes today.

Thanks so much you are so positive!

Billster,
Technically grams is a weight thing a cups is a volume thing, so they don't necessarily play "nice" together. One cup holds 8 fluid ounces, and 8 FLUID ounces is 226.796185 grams...but again, that's fluid and it weighs more than veggies (cup o' water seems to tip the scale against a cup o' cucumbers)

What I use when I'm on the good is the following:

The Vegetable Group
1 cup green salad ---- baseball or a fist
1/2 cup cooked broccoli ---- light bulb
1/2 cup serving ---- 6 asparagus spears; 7 or 8 baby carrots

I use the fist reference for all my raw veggies to get my one cup at a time in :)

Hope that helps!
-Kara

I do the same thing for measuring my veggies and have had no issues so far. If i start to stall then maybe I will rethink it, but seems to work for me and really depending on how small the veggies are cut, a cup can mean many different amounts!

Make it a good day!

Good luck to both of you and welcome!

Last night we had dinner at Outback for DD's 21st birthday. I was SOOOOOO good! I had the steak, steamed broccoli and a wedge salad. I probably should not have had the dressing that was on the salad, but eh! Thankfully, there wasn't a lot of it.

One thing I have noticed, I am tired. I am ready for bed at 7:30 and force myself to stay awake until at least 9. Granted, I don't go to sleep until 10:30-11:00-ish, but I just want to lay down and rest my body. My body doesn't ache per se, I just feel spent.

Today, tried the banana pudding for breakfast. It wasn't bad. Lunch will be a shake and a salad. Dinner will be.............unknown right now. I forgot to take anything out of the freezer. I am thinking City Bar-B-Q would be a good option. I can get the meat, a salad and take my own WF dressing.

I am just living for WI on Saturday morning! I cannot wait. I SOOOOOO want to see a drop in weight.

Everyone have a wonderful day!

Good job on dinner last night, those times can be pretty challenging for many people.
I was feeling super tired last night...in bed by 9pm and don't remember falling asleep.
Good luck on your WI

rvingprincess
04-26-2012, 09:34 AM
I had my first full week WI last night, down 5.5 lbs. for a total of 13lbs. lost in 10 days. I am so happy with the loss this week as I was so sick last week and one night I cheated and had 2 toast, I had terrible cravings but they have pretty much gone away now. We had 2 birthdays at work this week, you guessed it pizza lunches and cake (cake is my downfall) but I stayed strong and didn't cheat. I am taking this one day and one WI at a time.

I hope everyone who has to WI yet this week a good loss and congrats to everyone who already has. Have a great OP day everyone!

lisab
04-26-2012, 09:37 AM
HI all! I'm new

lisab
04-26-2012, 09:39 AM
I'm on week two of IP. first week lost 6.9. middle of second week and not only am I not losing, scale was UP this morning. Not TOM. What is the deal? very upset!!

Chloe222
04-26-2012, 09:51 AM
Good Morning All,

I'm excited for you! It will be great! Looking forward to hearing from you later.

Morning all!

Hi Cassie,
I find that by 9 most nights I'm ready to go to bed. It's probably 10:30 before I really turn out the light but I definitely feel tired at night. However, I also wake up early, feel raring to go, and some other benefits are that my hair and skin are becoming really silky.

I would never have thought to ask about that, I would just assume an IV would be saline based. Thanks for sharing the information.

My NSV for this week: I ordered myfirst pair of size 16 jeans last night in at least 10 years! I'm sure with the new vanity sizing they are probably more like an 18 but that's still great for me. I became so thrilled the first time I bought a pair of jeans that didn't have "W" after the size. Hope everyone has a great day and good WI's.

Yay on the 16s!! :carrot::carrot::carrot:

Good Morning Everyone!

Be Blessed today!

Wow, 14's and they are a little big! How fabulous!

Good morning everybody! It's a cool breeze coming in the window this morning, but beautiful blue sky out there and the birds are singing...that reminds me, I get lots of owls here, as I'm right across the street from a forest, and last night there were two of them howling away at each other. Makes me wish I had night vision goggles...such interesting creatures.

I'm on Phase 1 today, after my splurge on the Fannie Mae sf chocolates. But, I learned my lesson, no malitol, ever again... Also read the package on the Crystal-lite Nutivia lemonade and the dirty rats list sugar as the first ingredient! I saw the Nutivia on front label and thought, great, they use stevia, and they do, but not much. There goes another $3 down the drain...

There is a certain simplicity and security in doing a Phase 1 day. After all this time of craving the 'real foods,' who'da thunk it? ;)

Sewmam,
Been reading the maintainers thread as I optimistically get ready for maintenance this summer (late summer) and saw you mention "cauliflower popcorn". Didn't see a recipe.

Would you post the recipe here? Thanks!

I had my first full week WI last night, down 5.5 lbs. for a total of 13lbs. lost in 10 days. I am so happy with the loss this week as I was so sick last week and one night I cheated and had 2 toast, I had terrible cravings but they have pretty much gone away now. We had 2 birthdays at work this week, you guessed it pizza lunches and cake (cake is my downfall) but I stayed strong and didn't cheat. I am taking this one day and one WI at a time.

I hope everyone who has to WI yet this week a good loss and congrats to everyone who already has. Have a great OP day everyone!

Stay strong, every bite does matter. You'll have great weigh ins and all sorts of NSVs along the way if you stay on the program 100%. And you can have all those contraband foods later and that "later" will be sooner if you stay true to the program, hard as it is when there is lots of temptation all around.

IPdivajen
04-26-2012, 09:56 AM
Morning, all!

Chloe, glad to hear the surgery went well! :)

Good luck to everyone weighing in today!

Just a quick hello as I have to run to a meeting. Back later.

MustangMolly
04-26-2012, 09:58 AM
I'm on week two of IP. first week lost 6.9. middle of second week and not only am I not losing, scale was UP this morning. Not TOM. What is the deal? very upset!!

Hi and Welcome. The hardest thing for me to do when I starte IP was NOT weight myself everyday and just leave it for my official WI day. I still am not as good as I can be about not weighing everyday, but if you can make yourself stay off of the scale you will be better off for it.

mlucas
04-26-2012, 10:00 AM
Morning all!

OMG I hear your pain! This TOM is killing me! I feel like I have been PMS'n for the last 2 weeks! I'm misserable! lol I hate everything and everyone, there is no light at the end of the tunnel and I just want to crawl in a hole! OMG...my poor family! I feel like a crazy lady! I can not wait for this week to pass! Even at my WI all my measurements stayed the same! This part of being a woman blows! I'm so glad i'm not alone on this boat!
Ya know what's funny, is that I dont like chocolate, but since i started this diet... i love it! I drink a choc. drink everyday if not 2x a day and then i crave it. This diet is always surpising me! lol

CassiR
04-26-2012, 10:01 AM
Thank you for your support! You're so sweet :)

CassiR, all I can say is that there are some advantages to being my age and one big one is no TOM! Hang in there, this too shall pass and you will be thinner when it does!

Thank you and I know that these feelings don't exist when TOM is away so I look forward to it being gone again.. I need the willpower to get through these last few weeks!
I'm sorry you're stuck with TOM, but we all get their visit I suppose :( I wonder if there's a version of pesto that would be OP for you? With all these fabulous people on the threads I'm sure someone has come up with something, or at least hope so :)
Not sure I would have even liked it..lol, I just don't like making new recipes and not being able to try them.. oh well :)

atho128
04-26-2012, 10:02 AM
It's my very first day one IP! Started off with a dark chocolate pudding and it was SO good! Can't wait to try all the other food and I'm so excited to stay OP 100%!

swimcoachmomma
04-26-2012, 10:02 AM

good for you. I love water parks but swore them off when the wt crept up and the butt did not fit so well in the tube. I am looking forward to trying again with a bit less caboose this yr. isnt it amazing how much easier it is to move without those extra pounds?? Moving is even fun now!! if only the thought that everyone is staring at me would go away. hmmmm.

mlucas
04-26-2012, 10:04 AM

Hi, welcome!

Dont weigh yourself everyday... you will go crazy. lol Be patient and stick to the program, it will come. :) We have all been there! I'm so impatient, but i just focus on the end result and other stuff. It's not how i get there its the fact that I WILL get there. So just enjoy the ride! :D It will happen as it happens. Our bodys work on there own terms. (it sucks lol) But hang in there :)

CassiR
04-26-2012, 10:05 AM
OMG I hear your pain! This TOM is killing me! I feel like I have been PMS'n for the last 2 weeks! I'm misserable! lol I hate everything and everyone, there is no light at the end of the tunnel and I just want to crawl in a hole! OMG...my poor family! I feel like a crazy lady! I can not wait for this week to pass! Even at my WI all my measurements stayed the same! This part of being a woman blows! I'm so glad i'm not alone on this boat!
Ya know what's funny, is that I dont like chocolate, but since i started this diet... i love it! I drink a choc. drink everyday if not 2x a day and then i crave it. This diet is always surpising me! lol

I KNOW!!! I feel like I should be locked in a padded room.. TOM symptoms have never been this bad.. I wonder if somehow IP makes it worse? LOL I'd be happy to blame anything on it at this point. We will get past this!

lilone1357
04-26-2012, 10:07 AM
Hi Everyone... Today is my WI day... I am excited and hopeful... Good luck to everyone that is WI today... Have a wonderful day ~

Manda Marie
04-26-2012, 10:08 AM
What do you guys think...would this recipe for jambalaya (I took out the rice!) be okay? Maybe use low fat hamburger instead of hot italian sausage?

Ingredients
12 medium shrimp, peeled, deveined and chopped
4 ounces chicken, diced
1 tablespoon Creole seasoning
2 tablespoons olive oil
1/4 cup chopped onion
1/4 cup chopped green bell pepper
1/4 cup chopped celery
2 tablespoons chopped garlic
1/2 cup chopped tomatoes
3 bay leaves
1 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
1 teaspoon hot sauce
2 cups chicken stock
5 ounces hot Italian Sausage
Salt and pepper

Tripmama
04-26-2012, 10:12 AM
HI all! I'm new
:wel3fc::wel3fc:

Just go by your weekly WI. Try to stay off the scale or if you must weigh daily (or hourly, Lol) just be like "oh, that is interesting" but you can't always let it stress you out. Stress is one of the top reasons I gain weight. There is a lot going on in body... You stay OP and let your body take care of the rest. This works and as Wuv would/will say... YOU'VE got this!;)

kellycg102
04-26-2012, 10:14 AM

Great on your weight loss....keep going forward staying OP!

HI all! I'm new

Welcome, keep coming back....awesome info on here!

As hard as it is don't weigh your self in between. Your body may be holding water for whatever reason. You will drive yourself crazy seeing the fluctuation and I know for me, that would set me up for failure.

It will all work out! This diet works as long as you follow 100% OP

It's my very first day one IP! Started off with a dark chocolate pudding and it was SO good! Can't wait to try all the other food and I'm so excited to stay OP 100%!

Welcome and good luck. This diet does some pretty amazing things......I have done them all (diets) but never this strict, without cravings. I never have to fight with my inner self not to have anything off plan......right now it is not an option. When I am done this journey....learning all I need to know to keep the weight off, I can have those unforbidden foods, until then 100% OP!

Tune in everyday, pretty inspiring people on here, we will help you reach your goal!

evepet
04-26-2012, 10:14 AM
Good morning all. Had such a busy day yesterday that I forgot to post my WI results. Unfortunately I only lost 1.2 lbs on WI #4 - so I've lost a total of 12.4 lbs over the past 4 weeks. While I wish my last 2 WIs would have produced more significant losses, I am still happy with what has happened. I 'feel' slimmer, and while my slacks still fit they are definitely much looser.

Everytime I feel sad about the slower weight loss of the past two weeks, I look at my coffee mug and remind myself that 1 lb of fat represents approximately that same size... and at least 2 more lbs of blubber are OUT OF ME!!

One thing that bothers me a bit that I just noticed yesterday and today is that I'm starting to notice a different smell about myself... I agree with whoever here described it as kind of a 'meaty' smell. And unfortunately I don't like it. Yesterday, what with travelling for several hours to/from my office in Toronto, I wasn't able to consume as much water consistently through the day and I particularly noticed it then. I know this is TMI, but my urine was also very strongly scented, and a very yellowish colour. I'm hoping that yellow is an indication of the fat flushing out in it.

Also this morning, even after a proper breakfast (an alternative hot cereal) I am feeling slightly light-headed. Just did the salt lick + water thing, and hope it helps this soon. I haven't experienced this for the last couple of days, so maybe it somehow relates to my busy day yesterday.

Anyhoo.... onwards and upwards.

Good luck everyone with their WIs today, and have a great IP-positive day.

Tripmama
04-26-2012, 10:16 AM
As for me, I am feeling skinny today... Love it! I look in the mirror today and literally said out loud "That's not my a**". It is looking good!

Have a great OP day everyone! Volleyball tonight. Whoot whoot!

DanafromAustin
04-26-2012, 10:17 AM
Good news and hope it's a quick and easy road to recovery.

Alright as long as you are coming out of the closest I will too. Not only have I never weighed my veggies, but I hardly ever weigh my protein either. I trust my eyes, and on the rare occasion that I do measure, I'm usually really close. Confessions are good for the soul. ;)

You have the right additude. Let people smirk because they won't for long and in the mean time you are probably eating much healthier then they are. Have fun in the water.:dancer::beach:
all I can say is that there are some advantages to being my age and one big one is no TOM!

I hear ya on that one. I so don't miss TOM/Aunt Flo. Pesky relatives for sure.

Ishbel
04-26-2012, 10:21 AM

I think I 'pmsed' for almost 6 weeks at one point. Don't forget that losing weight is a hormonal journey as well, fat stores estrogen so sometimes it's just an estrogen release. My VIP went through the wringer a few times before I could pin point it and realize it was estrogen releasing. Being cranky and not having a reason to be cranky...that was my cue.

I did appologize to him for being so 'crazy' as we'll put it...but said that I would only take 75% of the blame and he still had 25% cause he didn't help himself! (said with a laugh).

Have a great day everyone!

CkM
04-26-2012, 10:21 AM
Good Morning everyone! It is amazing to see everyones challenges and successes on this daily chat ! I love reading it daily! I am meeting the doctor today and I cannot wait. I will be starting tomorrow! I have the groceries and from what I am learning I will be putting my scale away tonight!

Have a great day!

DanafromAustin
04-26-2012, 10:26 AM
Good morning all. Had such a busy day yesterday that I forgot to post my WI results. Unfortunately I only lost 1.2 lbs on WI #4 - so I've lost a total of 12.4 lbs over the past 4 weeks. While I wish my last 2 WIs would have produced more significant losses, I am still happy with what has happened. I 'feel' slimmer, and while my slacks still fit they are definitely much looser.

Everytime I feel sad about the slower weight loss of the past two weeks, I look at my coffee mug and remind myself that 1 lb of fat represents approximately that same size... and at least 2 more lbs of blubber are OUT OF ME!!

One thing that bothers me a bit that I just noticed yesterday and today is that I'm starting to notice a different smell about myself... I agree with whoever here described it as kind of a 'meaty' smell. And unfortunately I don't like it. Yesterday, what with travelling for several hours to/from my office in Toronto, I wasn't able to consume as much water consistently through the day and I particularly noticed it then. I know this is TMI, but my urine was also very strongly scented, and a very yellowish colour. I'm hoping that yellow is an indication of the fat flushing out in it.

Also this morning, even after a proper breakfast (an alternative hot cereal) I am feeling slightly light-headed. Just did the salt lick + water thing, and hope it helps this soon. I haven't experienced this for the last couple of days, so maybe it somehow relates to my busy day yesterday.

Hang in there, you're doing great. Often times the 3rd and or 4th week aren't great weight losses due to the bigger losses the first two weeks.

As for me, I am feeling skinny today... Love it! I look in the mirror today and literally said out loud "That's not my a**". It is looking good!

I love the skinny days too. I think in my head I still see myself as the way I use to look, but then I will catch a glance of myself in a mirror and think to myself, "You look so much skinnier."

Momto2cs
04-26-2012, 10:32 AM

I don't think the sf chocolate would be considered a splurge. Many of the ip bars and puffs are similar-they also contain malitol or other sugar alcohols...I would look at the sugar free chocolate in the same light...

You will find almost all sugar free solid products have the sugar alcohols in them. Somewhere I read that under 5 gms doesn't usually bother people, but I'm with you...even a little causes so much gi distress it is not worth it!

Momto2cs
04-26-2012, 10:34 AM

Are you taking extra vitamin b? It really make pee yellow and smell weird. I can smell it off myself when I take it regularly.

CassiR
04-26-2012, 10:35 AM

You're doing great! I had like a full month of low losses but then comes a big loss so just remember it's probably right around the corner. I always thought.. when will I move down a pant size? But I never realized how tight I actually wore my pants at my biggest.. eek! I'm not quite sure about this but we get a lot of vitamin C in our diet and all the extra vit c our bodies dont need just ends up in our pee. Sometimes I notice mine is brighter too so maybe that's it? Also mine smells like the multi vitamin.. lol

Volly
04-26-2012, 10:44 AM
Good Morning All,

Good luck, Prettyone! I'll be thinking of you today. You are doing great.:):)

wuv2bloved
04-26-2012, 10:50 AM

Great information, thanks for passing it along and I am so happy to hear that your surgery went well. Look at you passing on the wonderful world of IP to doctors and nurses!!....great job!

Glad to hear you are doing things that you haven't done in a while with your kids. Be very PROUD of what you have done so far and know that this is ONLY the BEGINNING for YOU!.....You have got it in your head now and have seen the results that it is possible to eat and not starve and still enjoy eating. Sounds like you are definitely IN IT TO WIN IT!...Congrats to you!....You will be passing me up in no time at the rate you are going....but that is OK, I love seeing others lose big numbers and when you become part of the 100lb club its amazing but it take a lot of determination, commitment and dedication when we have to lose over 100lbs. I am not saying that it doesn't take this to lose any amount of weight because it does BUT those of us whom have to lose MORE have to be on it longer and that can wear some down. ALL OF US have the determination, dedication and commitment to be successful THAT is why I LOVE this site!

Good Morning All,

You have been 100%, YOU will do great...Good luck!

Good morning IP family!

Disappointed with my WI yesterday, so I'm also being more conscious about measuring my veggies. According to my coach, lettuce and celery do not count as my veggies because they are free. So, that means that in addition to my large garden salad for lunch, I'm supposed to eat another 2 cups of green peppers, cauliflower or broccoli? Does that sound right?

This is correct. You don't measure your lettuce because its unlimited so you MUST add 2 cups of other veggies in there :)

Where in La are you from? DON"T weigh yourself everyday. Keep it to your OFFICIAL WI days. I have challenged a few posters to stay off of the scale for 2 weeks and I am sure they will comment that they were totally excited at their WI's and there was NO stress during the week about going up and down. Your body changes daily so your weight will as well. Don't stress if you are doing it right and have to "check" it on the scale. IF you are following the sheet and staying 100% OP it WILL come off. That scale is ONLY a number go by how you feel and how your clothes are fitting, trust me when I say the way your clothes fit is a much wiser choice to follow. Your clothes will start falling off of you because you are losing inches as well. Trust YOURSELF....BELIEVE in YOURSELF.....Like trip said I would say YOU GOT THIS!

I KNOW!!! I feel like I should be locked in a padded room.. TOM symptoms have never been this bad.. I wonder if somehow IP makes it worse? LOL I'd be happy to blame anything on it at this point. We will get past this!
Thankfully I don't have to deal with TOM but IP does affect your TOM. I have read on here that it makes you release estrogen or something like that. Maybe someone else will chime in that knows. Sorry I don't pay attention to TOM post much because I don't have to deal with it but I do know that there are a lot that talk about it being 2 weeks or more at a time.

What do you guys think...would this recipe for jambalaya (I took out the rice!) be okay? Maybe use low fat hamburger instead of hot italian sausage?

Ingredients
12 medium shrimp, peeled, deveined and chopped
4 ounces chicken, diced
1 tablespoon Creole seasoning
2 tablespoons olive oil
1/4 cup chopped onion
1/4 cup chopped green bell pepper
1/4 cup chopped celery
2 tablespoons chopped garlic
1/2 cup chopped tomatoes
3 bay leaves
1 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
1 teaspoon hot sauce
2 cups chicken stock
5 ounces hot Italian Sausage
Salt and pepper
This would be an OK recipe, use cauliflower instead of rice....its YUMMY.....and I would might keep the Italian Sausage out other than that I think it would be great.

Good morning everyone, quiet a few new posters again this morning WELCOME to the IP family :hug: :hug: ALWAYS glad to see new people join us. This morning for some reason I woke up at 6am ready to go full swing. Usually I sleep until about 830-9 but not today. Have a new energy from somewhere, I have to not work at home today so maybe its a good thing I got it....lol.

When USMCVET said he had no trouble climbing up 4 flights of stairs yesterday it reminded me.....Last night when I was going to the workshop with my friend our clinic is up a flight of stairs. I told her on the way up that when I started a year ago I had to take these steps ONE at a time, I couldn't walk up them like I was doing now. Now I just walk up them normal like anyone else. Its little things like this that you will notice as you come along in your journey's....OHHHHH...Today I have on a Mini Skirt!!.....watch out!!...well not a mini mini but short...haha....IF I would ever wear a skirt or a dress it was down to my ankles....NOT today!...haha...

Good luck to all who weigh in today....Can't wait to hear/see the results!!....ALSO, have you taken your FIRST pic yet? if not DO IT!!! you will be amazed in a month at the results you will see!!

Volly
04-26-2012, 10:51 AM
HI all! I'm new

Welcome, Lisa! You will find a lot of support and plenty of ideas through this forum. On the days you are excited, we will celebrate with you, and on the tough days, we will be here to lift you up. :carrot:
Lots of luck! :)

mlucas
04-26-2012, 10:52 AM
I think I 'pmsed' for almost 6 weeks at one point. Don't forget that losing weight is a hormonal journey as well, fat stores estrogen so sometimes it's just an estrogen release. My VIP went through the wringer a few times before I could pin point it and realize it was estrogen releasing. Being cranky and not having a reason to be cranky...that was my cue.

I did appologize to him for being so 'crazy' as we'll put it...but said that I would only take 75% of the blame and he still had 25% cause he didn't help himself! (said with a laugh).

Haha... nice! I know it's the stored estrogen, but good gawd!!! It's really bad lol. I've been video journeling every day sometimes a few times a day just to get the *ish off my chest... wow! I can not wait for the estrogen to be gone or lowered... something! ugh! lol My guy is so sweet he just says to me... "hold on, let me sit down and get a drink 1st before you start in... then you can just have at it... i can take it" lol He goes with me to all my meetings.. so supportive and is so informed, i swear he asks more questions than i do! But he's just trying to be there for me.. even when i'm ready to gut him! lol

OMG... i'll be in the room with you! And then we can dismantle a giant chocolate IP bunny! Or we can rock in unisons! Lol I think it’s the flushing of stored estrogen that makes it so much worse. I think we are dealing with more estrogen than we have had to deal with before. IDK.. I’m just throwin rocks in the wind. But that is my guess… ugh! :devil:

evepet
04-26-2012, 10:53 AM
But I never realized how tight I actually wore my pants at my biggest.......Are you taking extra vitamin b? It really make pee yellow and smell weird. I can smell it off myself when I take it regularly.

My pants were pretty snug too. They actually fit much more comfortably now. :):) No, no extra vit Bs at present. I do recall what you say though, as I remember when I've taken extra Bs in the past I end up with a yellow coloured urine. But that's not the case right now.

Momto2cs - I'm not quite sure about this but we get a lot of vitamin C in our diet and all the extra vit c our bodies dont need just ends up in our pee

Momto2cs, that's a thought. As you said, our Vit C intake is high... that may well be a contributing factor. Plus the fact that I wasn't consistently hydrated yesterday... I did get in my 8 cups of water, but it wasn't consistent through the day like I do when I'm working from home. Plus, I've been drinking more black coffee... I wonder if that's got anything to do with it...?

Often times the 3rd and or 4th week aren't great weight losses due to the bigger losses the first two weeks.

Dana, thanks - I remember reading that here before... that sometimes 3rd & 4th week losses are lower because of the bigger early losses. I hope that proves to be true for me as well! But, it's all progress.... at least the scale number is heading DOWN. :)

Oh - and I had a great moment yesterday while at my Toronto office. This occasional trip to Toronto to work with my colleaques is something new I recently suggested, to help me feel 'more in the loop'. Working from home can get to feel isolating after a while, and I've been away from the HO for 8 years. I haven't seen some of these folks in quite some time, and one fellow told me I must have found the 'fountain of life'... that I was looking really well and hadn't changed since he last saw me a few years ago. I know my past month on this program has contributed to that... my skin is clearer as a result of all the water, etc., I'm at least a little slimmer, and I just plain generally feel better... eyes are very clear, etc. His comment made my day. :carrot:

MrsChill
04-26-2012, 10:54 AM
Good-morning All!!

I was going to post this on yesterdays wall but its been closed. And I am not trying to harp on the subject but I think it's an important thing for everyone's program. I'm bringing up the dreaded BlueCran Granata drink! I too faced much confusion regarding this product. I only feel confident now saying that it is indeed not a countable protein because of two reasons:

First, my coach who was not aware of this until I spoke to her about it, received confirmation on Monday when she attended an Ideal Protein conference and asked the Ideal Protein rep, who confirmed that it was not a countable protein.

Second, below is the email that I received directly from Ideal Protein:

Good Afternoon,

The BlueCran Granata drink would not count as one of your 3 daily proteins. You can use it but you would have to have something else with it.

If you have any further questions please feel free to contact me.

Thank you and have a great day

---
Natasha Stewart
Client Relations – New clinics
Service à la clientèle – Nouveaux centres
Ideal Protein
202-178 rue Jean-Proulx
Gatineau (Québec) J8Z 1V3
Phone: 1.866.314.4447 # 261
819.772.0416 (fax)
nstewart@idealprotein.com
www.idealprotein.com

I encourage you to discuss with your coach, or you yourself get clarification from Ideal Protein. I understand the plan is working but if removing this as a protein and adding one that actually counts can help with an addition .4 of a lb, then it's worth it!

I'm not a pro on this program but I thinks its important information!

sunshinered
04-26-2012, 10:55 AM
I made the rutabaga fries last night with Spike seasoning. Yum!

I too, never weigh or measure anything. I am sure my salads are more than a cup but I heard you can have all the lettuce you want. Takes me a long time to eat lunch now with a big salad, soup and a vegetable.

I am trying really hard to avoid the scale. Weigh in is Friday.

Have a great day!

haddy4
04-26-2012, 10:56 AM
Good Morning All,

Good for you way to be strong and not eat that pizza:carrot:

Volly
04-26-2012, 10:58 AM

Good luck! It is exciting to try the food and realize that it won't be such a struggle to eat it :). Check out the recipes, which will provide you with ideas on ways to add variety to the IP foods. I'm in my fourth week and have learned so much from reading this forum.

haddy4
04-26-2012, 10:59 AM
Cadu, you are always so upbeat, thanks for that!
Chloe, I hope you feel better.

I guess it is going to be a rainy day here in Idaho. So today I cannot garden and will have to work on my daughters dance costume that I have been putting off. Recital is next week so I really need to get a move on!

I hope everyone has a great day. Prettyone, I hope your weigh-in is fun! Remember this is a life changing journey of very small steps. Enjoy each step.

Dance costumes..:p I miss Dance costumes...my daughter was in dance for 16 years and now she is done and at college..I love dance recital..;)

lovejoyradio
04-26-2012, 11:02 AM
Hey yall, I finally started my shakes (I bought this time last year lol) and I've done pretty well the first 3 days (9.2 pounds down yay!). I ordered from Ideal To Go, so I don't have a coach to ask questions directly so I really appreciate this forum!

Only question I need help with since it's not written explicitedly...are we allowed to have bacon? It's the only thing I'm craving. I even gave up cheese and I'm doing fine...just something about bacon that's calling my name!

I know the one thing keeping me from thinking "yes" is because of the fat. Could I have turkey bacon?

LizRR
04-26-2012, 11:04 AM
Great updates to catch up on this morning!

NSV today! I had been SQUEEZING into size 14's before IP, and they have been fitting me very loose, so this morning I tried on the 1 pair of size 12 jeans 'for kicks' and they fit great, with even a little room to move. Who knew? I guess I still see myself as the same size - I need to start (& be consistent) with taking pictures.

haddy4
04-26-2012, 11:07 AM
HI all! I'm new

Welcome :carrot: you will love this site..it is so nice to hear other peoples stories..makes it feel like you are not alone on the diet

Ng951
04-26-2012, 11:13 AM
HI all! I'm new

Welcome Lisab :)

sunshinered
04-26-2012, 11:14 AM
I must admit I am curious how much I will need to lose before people start to notice. I look forward to posting the first time someone asks, "Gee, have you lost weight?"

Isn't that one of the best parts of losing weight besides the fun of fitting in the old clothes and of course, feeling better?

For those who were over 250 start weight, how much did you lose before people started noticing? Just curious.

haddy4
04-26-2012, 11:18 AM
Weigh in today..nervous..no cheating this week but still nervous

licaba
04-26-2012, 11:19 AM
Well had my 15th WI -5.4 (thats for 2 weeks) WOOHOO!! I am so happy!!!! Only 3 more pounds and I'll be able to say 'I lost 50lbs on IP'!!! How crazy is that!

I honestly don't think I would have made it this far without you guys!! my coach is nice but not as educated in IP as she probably should be. Which is why I want to ask for your opinions. When I started the program I knew I was going to the Dominican in May and my coach said a few weeks before you go we'll do a mini phase off. This morning she said she wants me to stay in phase 1 go on my vacation and enjoy myself then come back and jump in to phase one again. She is recommending I not go to phase 2 until I reach 170. I know the major indulgence for me on this trip will be alcohol. Any thoughts?

mooselover
04-26-2012, 11:21 AM
OK. This is for everyone suffering with TOM. Estrogen is stored in fat cells. IP is a diet that opens up our fat cells at a fast pace and our bodies get overloaded with estrogen. Too much estrogen can cause multiple and prolonged periods in a single month. I am dealing with this too. Today is day 18 of my TOM and I only had a week in between my last one. You can talk to your Dr about this. I am on Bio identical progesterone to balance out my high estrogen levels while I am losing weight. I will let you all know how it works next month. I just started taking it yesterday. Not a fun thing to deal with, but at least I am getting rid of my fat :)

Ng951
04-26-2012, 11:22 AM

I just love it ;). I love looking at my self in the mirror now. It is amazing how we look when we eat healthy. Nancy

mooselover
04-26-2012, 11:23 AM
I am traveling today. 3 flights from Alaska to Dallas. Not a fun day for me, but I am so excited to see my sister!

LSJ100
04-26-2012, 11:23 AM
Good morning IPeeps! Welcome to all the newbies - it doesn't take long to get addicted here, and congrats on all the great WI's and NSV's! I had a hard time yesterday getting my lunch down...I don't like the soups and don't have access to a blender to make a shake when I'm at work, so I've been doing pudding and then two cups of veggies...I don't know if I'm tired of it or if my taste buds are changing but I could barely get that pudding down and then the veggies were just gross afterwards...anyone have good lunch ideas? Today I brought a vanilla RTD but I find they don't fill me up as much and I'm worried about getting hungry...I'm always hungry when I wake up so I've been having my bar for breakfast with my coffee so its nonrestricteds for the rest of the day.

lovejoyradio
04-26-2012, 11:25 AM
I must admit I am curious how much I will need to lose before people start to notice. I look forward to posting the first time someone asks, "Gee, have you lost weight?"

For those who were over 250 start weight, how much did you lose before people started noticing? Just curious.

Hey girl, I started at 305 in Nov (low carb) and now at 286 (IP 4/23). It's weird because I usually get compliments about "have you lost weight" when I had stalled for a month lol. Or even people I work with everyday will eventually say "You look like you've lost weight" when I had been going up and down the weight roller coaster and never really lost much than my starting weight.

I think most times people may not compliment your weight loss because they don't want to call you out for needing to lose weight. Like someone might be offended or self conscious if someone brought it up...so don't worry if no one asks, they see it ;)

I think specifically, people noticed at 25 and 30 pounds down. But my mom was noticing the first 10 pounds down.

lisab
04-26-2012, 11:25 AM
Hi and Welcom. The hardest thing for me to do when I starte IP was NOT weight myself everyday and just leave it for my official WI day. I still am not as good as I can be about not weighing everyday, but if you can make yourself stay off of the scale you will be better off for it.

Thank you! Burst into tears at the scale!:(

LSJ100
04-26-2012, 11:29 AM
Well had my 15th WI -5.4 (thats for 2 weeks) WOOHOO!! I am so happy!!!! Only 3 more pounds and I'll be able to say 'I lost 50lbs on IP'!!! How crazy is that!

I honestly don't think I would have made it this far without you guys!! my coach is nice but not as educated in IP as she probably should be. Which is why I want to ask for your opinions. When I started the program I knew I was going to the Dominican in May and my coach said a few weeks before you go we'll do a mini phase off. This morning she said she wants me to stay in phase 1 go on my vacation and enjoy myself then come back and jump in to phase one again. She is recommending I not go to phase 2 until I reach 170. I know the major indulgence for me on this trip will be alcohol. Any thoughts?

I would definitiely phase off...I know someone bumped a vacation post by Jennydoodle recently about phasing off for vacation and I'd take a look at it...I've been interested in this as well as I'm going on vacation at the end of June and won't be OP...from everything I understand and have read it is incredibly important to reintroduce carbs to your body methodically and carefully (P3 of IP) or you can gain a lot of fat back very quickly. I'm no coach...just what I've learned by reading...I'm sure others have more info as well!

sunshinered
04-26-2012, 11:31 AM
I think specifically, people noticed at 25 and 30 pounds down. But my mom was noticing the first 10 pounds down.[/QUOTE]

Thanks, Lovejoyradio. We are so close we can do this journey together. I was at 300 for start 18 days ago and was 188 when I weighed on Tuesday. Let's ride the wave down. Where bouts are you from?

prettyone
04-26-2012, 11:35 AM
:goodluck::goodluck:

Thanks Tripmama

prettyone, and jainjj (& mom) Good luck on your WI today! Let us know how you did!QUOTE]
Thanks Dakin I surely will

[QUOTE=kellycg102;4309003]Good luck on the weigh in, the first is pretty exciting for sure. Good job on the pizza thing, amazing what we can do on this diet.
Thanks Kelly

I'm excited for you! It will be great! Looking forward to hearing from you later.
Thanks Chole. Glad to hear your surgery went well

Good luck, Prettyone! I'll be thinking of you today. You are doing great.:):)
Thanks Volly, thanks for encouragement

You have been 100%, YOU will do great...Good luck!
Thanks Wuv

Good for you way to be strong and not eat that pizza:carrot:
Thanks Haddy, it was hard I had to make and cook and watch them eat it. I did good. Im getting stronger by the day. Even though I dream about potatoes lol.

Weigh in today..nervous..no cheating this week but still nervous

Good Luck on the WI today

ProteinGal
04-26-2012, 11:39 AM
Good-morning All!!

I was going to post this on yesterdays wall but its been closed. And I am not trying to harp on the subject but I think it's an important thing for everyone's program. I'm bringing up the dreaded BlueCran Granata drink! I too faced much confusion regarding this product. I only feel confident now saying that it is indeed not a countable protein because of two reasons:

First, my coach who was not aware of this until I spoke to her about it, received confirmation on Monday when she attended an Ideal Protein conference and asked the Ideal Protein rep, who confirmed that it was not a countable protein.

Good Afternoon,

The BlueCran Granata drink would not count as one of your 3 daily proteins. You can use it but you would have to have something else with it.

---
Natasha Stewart
Ideal Protein
202-178 rue Jean-Proulx
819.772.0416 (fax)
www.idealprotein.com

I encourage you to discuss with your coach, or you yourself get clarification from Ideal Protein. I understand the plan is working but if removing this as a protein and adding one that actually counts can help with an addition .4 of a lb, then it's worth it!

My coach told me to take either the Raspberry jelly or BlueCran Granata drink every other day as an extra. BTW, I also drink the Raspberry jelly as a drink, I don't like it as a jell0.

Shortcake224
04-26-2012, 11:41 AM
Good Morning All,

Had a good WI on yesterday, down 5 pounds and 3 inches. 13 pounds for 3 weeks. Feeling Good. Hope everyone is having a great OP day. Peace and Blessings.

wuv2bloved
04-26-2012, 11:42 AM
Hey yall, I finally started my shakes (I bought this time last year lol) and I've done pretty well the first 3 days (9.2 pounds down yay!). I ordered from Ideal To Go, so I don't have a coach to ask questions directly so I really appreciate this forum!

Only question I need help with since it's not written explicitedly...are we allowed to have bacon? It's the only thing I'm craving. I even gave up cheese and I'm doing fine...just something about bacon that's calling my name!

I know the one thing keeping me from thinking "yes" is because of the fat. Could I have turkey bacon?

My coach said 3 slices of turkey bacon was ok but ONLY every now and then not too often.

I would phase off, I would no stay on phase one while there. You want to enjoy yourself and you know you are going to have a few drinks. Its best to have your body some what "ready" for it.

Ng951
04-26-2012, 11:42 AM
Morning everyone and welcome all the newbies. WI today and lost 4lbs for a total of 49lbs. Next week I will be out of the 200's. Yeah I can't believe it. Yesterday I had on a pair of red skinny jeans :). I would put a picture up but I Can't figure out how to post it. Have a great day! Nancy

sunshinered
04-26-2012, 11:45 AM
Morning everyone and welcome all the newbies. WI today and lost 4lbs for a total of 49lbs. Next week I will be out of the 200's. Yeah I can't believe it. Yesterday I had on a pair of red skinny jeans :). I would put a picture up but I Can't figure out how to post it. Have a great day! Nancy

Big congrats!!:carrot::carrot:

Shortcake224
Good Morning All,

Hi Pookie,

Just wanted to say I tried some of the WF products. To me they are a hit and miss. I would not order a lot at one time. I tried the "Sweet Onion" last night and it was horrible. I am going to try making my own salad dressing. I hope it works. LOL

Ng951
My coach said 3 slices of turkey bacon was ok but ONLY every now and then not too often.

I would phase off, I would no stay on phase one while there. You want to enjoy yourself and you know you are going to have a few drinks. Its best to have your body some what "ready" for it.

Hey Wuv I made your roasted veggie dish with cauliflower zucchini olive oil so yummy. I am making it again today;). Nancy

wuv2bloved
04-26-2012, 11:46 AM

go to User CP and edit avatar or if you wanna put it in your signature, edit signature. Its that easy :)

Shortcake224
04-26-2012, 11:51 AM
Good Morning All,

You'll be fine. Don't stress too much!

Lace and Levis
04-26-2012, 11:52 AM
Good morning all,

Chloe

Good Morning Chloe,
I'm really happy your surgery went well. You take care of yourself as your body heals. :getwell:

Shortcake224
04-26-2012, 11:55 AM

I'm not sure about the grams, but I read on Dr. Tran's site that we should have 5 to 7 oz of vegetables/serving. I assumed that would be if your were weighing them. I will check around to see what I can find and get back to you.

Bellamack
04-26-2012, 11:56 AM
Hello Ipeeps,

I was up all night with a stomach ache, I think that it was all the veggies, big salad, huge cucumber, 2 cups of kale or just a bug. I feel ok today, just tired, but I really don't feel like eating veggies.

Congrats on all the great losses and NSV's!

100poundfreeway
04-26-2012, 12:00 PM
I just wanted to say a quick HI ;) I have been OP and still loosing I just don't have much computer time these days. I miss the chats here and I lurk occasionally to get a few updates on the going ons!

You all look so good! You are all super encouraging and keep up the good work!

desperatetolosegirl
04-26-2012, 12:09 PM
It's been a couple of weeks since I posted. Just wanted to quickly give my progress update. Had my 14th weigh in yesterday and lost 1.25 lbs. I am getting smaller and smaller :carrot: Size 2 Ann Taylor pants are getting loose! :)

Shortcake224
04-26-2012, 12:11 PM
HI all! I'm new

Hello, and welcome aboard!!! I am new as well. Just joined IP April 4. and found this forum about a week ago. Feel free to join in, ask questions, and post ideas. They give you a lot of support and encouragment. We are all in this together!!!:)

atho128
04-26-2012, 12:12 PM
So its my first day, and I'm trying to decide when the best time to eat the snack is. Any advice??

Ng951
04-26-2012, 12:13 PM
It's been a couple of weeks since I posted. Just wanted to quickly give my progress update. Had my 14th weigh in yesterday and lost 1.25 lbs. I am getting smaller and smaller :carrot: Size 2 Ann Taylor pants are getting loose! :)

Omg that is great;). By the way love your knowledge with this diet. Nancy

Hopeful in Canada
04-26-2012, 12:14 PM
I made this last night....it was awesome!!!!

MOCK BAKED "APPLES" / "APPLE" TART:
You can make just baked "apples" (my preference) or use your Ideal Protein Oatmeal to make a crust for a pie/tart.

Ingredients:

1 large zucchini
1/4 cup lemon juice
1 pinch salt
2 packets sweetener (like Truvia or Splenda)
1 tsp or more Apple Pie Spice (You can also make your own with recipe below)
1 tsp vanilla or 1 TB DaVinci/Torani Sugar-Free Vanilla Syrup

for Tart:
Make IP Oatmeal according to directions (Can use a bit less water)

Directions:

1. Cut zucchini into circular disks, then cut in half to make apple slices
2. Toss togetherzucchini, lemon juice and salt. Place mixture into frying pan and cook until tender-crisp.

Note: If you are concerned about using so much lemon juice, you can cut it to 2TB. It will still taste great, but won't have a "syrupy" texture. Just make sure not to dry out when baking.
3. Midway through cooking the zucchini, add in the spices, sweetener, and vanilla. I use more than 1 tsp of the spice because I like it strong.
4. If making just the apples, lightly spray a glass pie pan with cooking spray or "I Cant Believe Its Not Butter" spray. Lay down the zucchini pies like a pie. Drizzle over the top any extra lemon juice.
5. Bake in oven at 400 degrees F (205 degrees C) for 15-30 minutes until done. (taste at 15 min. Less time is crisp apple. More time is soft apple)

Note that the lemon juice can be quite strong. You can add a bit more sweetener to cut the sour. I use the Sugar-Free Vanilla syrup to raise the sweetness without the risk of too much of the sweetener packets. Also good with Sugar-Free Toasted Marshmallow.

If you are making the tart, make the IP Oatmeal according to directions (maybe use a bit less water) and spoon into the glass pie pan with non-stick spray. Layer "apples" on top. Bake according to directions.

The taste of the tart is quite good, but not quite what I expected and I dont like using a restricted product (oatmeal) for this when the regular baked apples by themselves are so good.

Apple Pie Spice:
Ingredients:
•1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
•1/4 teaspoons ground nutmeg
•1/8 teaspoon ground allspice
•1/8 teaspoon ground cardamom (optional, but I use this all the time. Make sure the cardamom is ground finely)

Directions:
Combine all ingredients. If you make extra, store in an airtight container.

wuv2bloved
04-26-2012, 12:19 PM
So its my first day, and I'm trying to decide when the best time to eat the snack is. Any advice??

I have mine at night before I go to bed. I am never hungry during the day. Some have it between 3-4pm because that seems to be the period between lunch and dinner when they get hungry. Its really up to you as to when you have it, when are you hungry most?

Ishbel
04-26-2012, 12:20 PM
Although good information....I think you should be careful posting someone else's email address on this board. :/ It's now on here twice, if I could suggestion something, I would go back and edit her email out of your posts.

Hope I haven't offended, I just wouldn't share that if I was you.

wuv2bloved
04-26-2012, 12:26 PM
Ok here is a link to week 51 Video!
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-r6r9SxVw7M&feature=youtu.be

Bellamack
04-26-2012, 12:31 PM

Love your video updates. YOu are awesome :)

prettyone
04-26-2012, 12:33 PM
You'll be fine. Don't stress too much!

Thanks for the encouragement Shortcake, Im feeling much better about it just excited. I did the forbidden and got on the forbidden scale at home so I dont want to get too excited yet. I need to get rid of the scales at home they cause pressure lol :censored:

Shortcake224
04-26-2012, 12:34 PM
Good-morning All!!

Good Afternoon,

---
Natasha Stewart
Ideal Protein
202-178 rue Jean-Proulx
819.772.0416 (fax)
www.idealprotein.com

Hi Ms Chill,

I am new at this, and just curious. Why wouldn't this be considered a proteing? It is low in protein, or something else? Please clarify.

sekc14
04-26-2012, 12:38 PM
I had the best time yesterday on a 3 hour trail ride with my fox hunter friends in Middleburg, VA! Still basking in the afterglow, lol. Seriously I was on cloud 9 the rest of the day because we rode through new trails with lots of cantering and trotting and my horse was so good! I felt energized all over and still do! This is something I (and my horse with me on him) couldn't easily do with the excess weight.

In September '11, I needed a hacking jacket and couldn't fit into the largest woman's size jacket in the store. The store owner said, "it doesn't matter, let's go to the men's coats they're all the same." Well, it did matter and it mattered a lot to me. I went back to the same tack store and walked past the largest sizes and halfway down the aisle to size 12 and was able to wear it beautifully! Then, I went to the tall boots and whereas none fit in September '11, I found 2 pairs that fit and was absolutely thrilled!! I didn't buy anything because I have a long way until goal. But, I know that if I needed them, I could buy them off the rack without adjustments. Yay!!!!!

Andie0606
04-26-2012, 12:43 PM
Hi Ms Chill,

I am new at this, and just curious. Why wouldn't this be considered a proteing? It is low in protein, or something else? Please clarify.

As I understand it, it's a collagen protein, different from the proteins in the other packets.

wuv2bloved
04-26-2012, 12:45 PM
I had the best time yesterday on a 3 hour trail ride with my fox hunter friends in Middleburg, VA! Still basking in the afterglow, lol. Seriously I was on cloud 9 the rest of the day because we rode through new trails with lots of cantering and trotting and my horse was so good! I felt energized all over and still do! This is something I (and my horse with me on him) couldn't easily do with the excess weight.

In September '11, I needed a hacking jacket and couldn't fit into the largest woman's size jacket in the store. The store owner said, "it doesn't matter, let's go to the men's coats they're all the same." Well, it did matter and it mattered a lot to me. I went back to the same tack store and walked past the largest sizes and halfway down the aisle to size 12 and was able to wear it beautifully! Then, I went to the tall boots and whereas none fit in September '11, I found 2 pairs that fit and was absolutely thrilled!! I didn't buy anything because I have a long way until goal. But, I know that if I needed them, I could buy them off the rack without adjustments. Yay!!!!!

Awesome job...keep it up...I am sure your horse is loving you now :)

Shortcake224
04-26-2012, 12:53 PM

Oh My You are just Beautiful!!!! I am wishing I get there. I know it's a journey, and won't be overnight, but seeing you makes me know I can achieve it. Thanks for sharing your photo and story.

KBig
04-26-2012, 01:09 PM
IPeeps!!!! okay so I taught my Zumba class last nite... got home.. and WAS NOT HUNGRY I had to FORCE myself to eat a half a snack ... I was tired as heck too.... but Im finding that my appetite is gone ... Im having to force myself to eat...

anywho ... I got some major comp's (compliments) on the noticeable weight loss...

Wishing everyone who WIs today .. big successes.

LizRR
04-26-2012, 01:23 PM
Good morning IPeeps! Welcome to all the newbies - it doesn't take long to get addicted here, and congrats on all the great WI's and NSV's! I had a hard time yesterday getting my lunch down...I don't like the soups and don't have access to a blender to make a shake when I'm at work, so I've been doing pudding and then two cups of veggies...I don't know if I'm tired of it or if my taste buds are changing but I could barely get that pudding down and then the veggies were just gross afterwards...anyone have good lunch ideas? Today I brought a vanilla RTD but I find they don't fill me up as much and I'm worried about getting hungry...I'm always hungry when I wake up so I've been having my bar for breakfast with my coffee so its nonrestricteds for the rest of the day.

Well, I split up my veggies through the day and 'hide' them in my breakfast and snack. Have you tried the spinach smoothie with your RTD? If not I HIGHLY recommend it - pulverize spinach, RTD, ice (I also add in halfcaf for some coffee kick in the morning) in a blender and you can't even taste the spinach. And there was quite the buzz on rhubarb recently (it is a nice 'fruit fix) - I put that in with my rasberry jelly, and others make a fruity rhubarb by cooking it with a sweetener (splenda, WF strawberry, etc).

LSJ100
04-26-2012, 01:25 PM
Thanks Liz! I hadn't thought about splitting up my veggies but that would really help. Wuv, I didn't realize you had videos...it was so fun to watch your update...thanks for sharing!

momof2greatcats
04-26-2012, 01:32 PM
110 posts? Holy ketones, batman!
No time to read all of them as I'm hopping on line during a break at work but...

here's my NSV -
PEOPLE ARE NOTICING!

Both my church friends who were over last night (who have known from the beginning I was on IP) and my work colleagues who have known I was on a "low carb thing" as I've been demurring on all the things they have offered me to eat (oranges, etc).
Yay!

Now only to fit into a smaller size of scrubs at work.

Will catch up and read all the posts later - hoping everyone has a great OP day!

collie
04-26-2012, 01:40 PM
Hello everyone, im new here and so glad I found this website it's very encouraging. I sit in our fith wheel all day while DH works. We dont stay in one place permanetly. I was lucky enough to find a womens gym to workout while we are here . Hope everyone has a great Thursday

Lace and Levis
04-26-2012, 01:48 PM

You are looking fabulicious!!! You Go Girl! You are beautiful and you shine both inside and out. :cheer3:

evepet
04-26-2012, 02:17 PM
.... Yay!!!!!

Just wanted to pop in and say Congratulations!!! You look AMAZING! Hearing stories like yours and other posters here is so motivating and encouraging. Thanks for sharing.:)

Cole3
04-26-2012, 02:26 PM
My NSV for the day is that I managed to stay OP and not cheat even though I am crazy stressed and almost lost it :) I did however eat both my breakfast packet ... my snack packet ... and my chicken and broccoli I intended to have for dinner before noon BUT I didn't eat anything off program. I figure I will have my lunch packet a big salad with lots of lettuce and the rest of my veggies for dinner and all will work out in the end. But I made it through most of a tough day and the cravings have subsided and I feel good :)

GemIAm
04-26-2012, 02:32 PM
:dancer:My weigh-in today was AWESOME!:dancer:
I have lost a total of 52.8 lbs & even gained muscle mass this week, bringing me to my current weight of 225.8 – next “mini-goal” ONEDERLAND! :woohoo:
My clinic “rewarded me” with 2 free boxes of food in recognition of my 50 lb loss. At 75, I will get 3 free boxes :carrot:

Chloe222: So glad your surgery went well. Interesting note about the saline solution.
MustangMolly: CONGRATS on the size 16s. I am happy to report that it is time for me to “re-home” all the size 20s you sent me! If no one online claims them, I will take them in to my clinic.
Lisab: Welcome - & I echo what Molly said…I NEVER weigh myself at home, only once a week at the coaches (same time every week).
LizRR: Congrats on the size 12s! That is actually my “ultimate goal” – to be a size 12/13.
Sunshinered: I started at 278 lbs and it took about 25 lbs for people to notice. At 50 lbs down, guys are starting to “check me out” again…not that I am interested (happily married for 16 yrs), it is just funny to notice. Some people will not say ANYTHING – lest you get offended…but trust me – they notice. Where in the PNW are you? I am in Ellensburg!
Sekc14: Congrats on your riding gear & horse NSVs. I am elated at how much easier it is to do groundwork, mount, jog & lope my darling draft-cross with all the weight I’ve lost! I keep telling her to behave her big self because I am small enough to fit on a “smaller model” now!

nimmer1991
04-26-2012, 02:34 PM
Good Morning Everyone,

Day 13 today :)

I had a slip up last Sunday in a bad way. It was really confusing, I was OMSing hardcore, having issues with my boyfriends friends. Just so many factors, that made me feel really weak. So when we were at his friends house I felt embarrassed to do the ideal stuff in front of them. (They are all males, and I just didn't know how to adjust). I knew after that it was a big mistake and wasn't worth it. I should have planned better, and recognized my PMS was making my decisions not me.

Anyways after that night I was sooooo much better. I upped my water intake to 130oz. I didn't cheat, at all! I even went to Applebees with a friend.

She got there before me and ordered mozzarella sticks. She saved me four (not knowing I was on this program), I asked the waitress to box them up before I ordered so my friend could take them home. I ordered my steak and veggies (both were delicious.) Is it just me or is American food restaurants ironically easier to handle?

Work has been a lot easier for me too. Not having the boredom hunger issues :)

I know my slip up Sunday is probably affecting my body, and my TOM is here, I'm keeping those in mind for my WI tomorrow. I'm optimistic, and its important to recognize when you make mistakes so that you know it was your actions that made something ineffective, not the program. It helps get you back on track.

Also another interesting fact that is I picked up from somewhere around here is the fat metabolism goes down 73% when you drink alcohol! That fact alone will help me get through my Saturday plans. (First a BBQ in the park with my haunt co-workers, then a Bonfire on the beach for a friends party at night. ) I even preplanned in a way to elect myself as DD for the evening, that way it will all support my strength.

This post got way longer than I wanted. Oh well. Feels good to get all my feelings out and sorted. Thank you all. Have a great morning.

MrsChill
04-26-2012, 02:53 PM

Just watched your video for the first time. You are an amazing woman and a wonderful influence. Your very strong willed and have come a long ways on a tremendous journey! Keep being the fantastic woman you are!

Sewmam
04-26-2012, 03:01 PM
Sewmam,
Been reading the maintainers thread as I optimistically get ready for maintenance this summer (late summer) and saw you mention "cauliflower popcorn". Didn't see a recipe.

Would you post the recipe here? Thanks!

Hi Chloe - somebody posted a link, I think it was to the Finn collection of recipes, but now I can't find it in his list. Couldn't find it in the Maintainers or Phase 3 threads either...it must have been in a daily chat in the past week.

Anyway, if somebody knows the link - please post it. I wrote down by hand how to do it, but the original recipe had lots of ideas on how to flavor it, unless I'm confusing that with the chickpeas, or it could have been the Sparkpeople too.

Cauliflower popcorn:
Oven 400F
Cut up fresh cauliflower into small pieces - not too big or they won't crisp up.
coat with some oil and seasonings, bake for 50-60 minutes, turning frequently so they crisp up without burning. Let them get as brown as you like.

He had ideas like putting savory or sweet flavorings that I'm going to try. Want to try the DaVinci sf caramel syrup on it, and salt/vinegar too, since I love the IP chips that way.

Chickpeas 'corn nuts':
Dry roast them 1/2 hour, then toss in oil and seasonings, then roast another 15 minutes. They are supposed to taste like corn nuts, though I've never had them either. I'm forgetting the name of the person who posted it, but she's very nice and likes fajita seasoning...geeze, I'm losing it today! ;)

Hope this helped...

atho128
04-26-2012, 03:04 PM
I have mine at night before I go to bed. I am never hungry during the day. Some have it between 3-4pm because that seems to be the period between lunch and dinner when they get hungry. Its really up to you as to when you have it, when are you hungry most?

I'll probably have mine about 1-2 hours before I go to bed I guess. I'm a college student so I'm always up late studying and basically end up eating a 4 meal. Thanks for the advice!

DanafromAustin
04-26-2012, 03:06 PM
Wow lots of post already here today and it's only early afternoon here in TX.

I gave away some more pants yesterday that I just bought a couple of months ago. It's amazing to me that just two months ago I bought them even though they felt a bit tight, knowing I could get into them soon. Now here I am two months later and they are falling off of me. No wonder I only buy things on sale now, it's just not worth spending very much money on clothes.

Hope everyone is having a great OP day!!!

Cadu
04-26-2012, 03:11 PM

Thank you for sharing your video Wuv. It is very nice to put a voice to the face & name. You seem so genuinely happy and upbeat and very proud of your accomplishment so far.. as you should be. You continue to inspire all of us here on 3FC. I can honestly say you have helped me out personally many many times during my own journey. Thanks!

Cadu
04-26-2012, 03:13 PM

I gave away some more pants yesterday that I just bought a couple of months ago. It's amazing to me that just two months ago I bought them even though they felt a bit tight, knowing I could get into them soon. Now here I am two months later and they are falling off of me. No wonder I only buy things on sale now, it's just not worth spending very much money on clothes.

whooo hoooooo to baggy butt jeans!! LOL :D

Sewmam
04-26-2012, 03:21 PM

OH YEAH!!!!

I don't think the sf chocolate would be considered a splurge. Many of the ip bars and puffs are similar-they also contain malitol or other sugar alcohols...I would look at the sugar free chocolate in the same light...

You will find almost all sugar free solid products have the sugar alcohols in them. Somewhere I read that under 5 gms doesn't usually bother people, but I'm with you...even a little causes so much gi distress it is not worth it!

Well...these were sugar-free, but they sure weren't fat-free. I think I had my fat quota for a month! They wouldn't let me keep a copy of the nutrition data, but when I glanced at it, after they had packaged them up, I noticed the malitol. These were a combo of peanut butter cups, caramels, etc., so high fat because they still used butter.

I had been SQUEEZING into size 14's before IP, and they have been fitting me very loose, so this morning I tried on the 1 pair of size 12 jeans 'for kicks' and they fit great, with even a little room to move.

Congratulations!!!! I can still remember the feeling of disbelief when that happened to me!

carbmonster
04-26-2012, 03:22 PM
I think specifically, people noticed at 25 and 30 pounds down. But my mom was noticing the first 10 pounds down.

Thanks, Lovejoyradio. We are so close we can do this journey together. I was at 300 for start 18 days ago and was 188 when I weighed on Tuesday. Let's ride the wave down. Where bouts are you from?[/QUOTE]

Sorry logged into old acct earlier lol. I'm in Southern Maryland :D Wait...so are you at 188 now or 288...just confused since you said in 18 days you are now 188 haha.

sekc14
04-26-2012, 03:23 PM
Oh My You are just Beautiful!!!! I am wishing I get there. I know it's a journey, and won't be overnight, but seeing you makes me know I can achieve it. Thanks for sharing your photo and story.

Oh, thank you, Shortcake! :carrot: You have just made my day, week, month, and year! You will make it, the time goes by quickly when you look back. It's amazing that the body can be renovated, like fixing-up a "This Old House" project. Like everyone else, i only wish I had done this years ago before the problem got so out of hand. But, life is a lesson. I feel I've learned valuable lessons in my attempts to heal over my life time.

Awesome job...keep it up...I am sure your horse is loving you now :)
Thanks, Wuv! You are an inspiration and great motivator for me. I appreciate hearing from you.

MY horse used to buck and put his head down and shake it "no" when we'd canter. Not sure he's "loving me" at this weight but, he doesn't protest at all. When I get down to goal, he'll barely know I'm up there. Yay!!

I've uploaded a "before" pic to my profile. It was taken in 2009, long before I started IP. Not sure of my weight but it may have been my top weight.

Sewmam
04-26-2012, 03:27 PM
Sekc14:

You are so beautiful! I can see in you smile how happy you feel - this whole journey is so life changing, isn't it? I no longer believe that anything is impossible...

carbmonster
04-26-2012, 03:28 PM

Awesome! Thanks! I bought Turkey Bacon and even grabbed some Turkey Franks for dinner. I may not eat the Turkey Franks, but I was really craving them. I looked at the nutrition compared to my other days (via MFP) so I may try them and see how the scale fares.

MustangMolly
04-26-2012, 03:30 PM
As I sit here eating my afternoon snack of "baked apples" I have to thank whoever posted the recipe for the zuchini cooked with apple pie spice. For anyone who has kids who won't eat veggis try this. The kids will think it is baked apple slices.

janniegoingdown
04-26-2012, 03:35 PM
I had my 16th week weigh in on Saturday and I'm at 42 pounds gone forever and I hit Onederland! Feeling so good. Just a little nervous as to what summer will bring, but just have to take it one day at a time. Keep up the good work everyone!

LizRR
04-26-2012, 03:50 PM

WOO-HOO! I'm organizing a neighborhood garage sale May 19 and plan on bargain basement pricing my old clothes!

patns
04-26-2012, 03:52 PM
MY horse used to buck and put his head down and shake it "no" when we'd canter. Not sure he's "loving me" at this weight but, he doesn't protest at all. When I get down to goal, he'll barely know I'm up there. Yay!!

What a great incentive you "horse" people have to work this program.
Nothing like making the animal happier. You look wonderful. WTG!

doublebaby
04-26-2012, 03:52 PM

Wuv,
I just watched your week 51 video. It is the first one that I have seen of you (I always see your photo's - amazing). I just wanted to say that you have a really remarkable speaking voice. I truly enjoyed listening to you. You would do well at making IP videos and doing speaking engagements!
R.

MustangMolly
04-26-2012, 03:54 PM
For those of you wondering when someone is going to notice your weight loss I am wondering if you are still wearing the same clothes you used to wear. The reason I ask is because I got in the mail today a size XL shirt and it is the regular XL not Womans XL, anyway, I tried it on and showed a friend who told me how much better it looked than the one I had on---an old one from my days before IP---anyway after seeing myself in the shirt that fit better and then putting back on the one that I have had for years I quickly realized why some people may not notice I have lost weight. Proper fitting clothes really do make a difference.

patns
04-26-2012, 04:01 PM
WUV, loved your new video. It will be interesting to hear what the doctor says about the excess skin. I keep wondering how much of my middle is actually excess skin.

I had a bit of a brain "blink" while watching your video. It was when you said "since starting IP". I realized after that I write IP all the time but never heard it outloud. For a second I thought you said you had lost weight since you "started to pee"!! Then my second thought was; "Well that is true!

Pat

Darralyn
04-26-2012, 04:12 PM
This site is so uplifting and inspirational. I come and look at everyone's posts on a daily basis. I've decided it is time to get more involved. On week three of 100% OP and love the diet. It is so easy and this forum really give us the support we need! Thanks all for sharing your lives on IP here with us all!

Kaypix
04-26-2012, 04:13 PM

Don't weigh daily, water weight can change on the fly and your body could be breaking something down in the meantime that hasn't had time to burn off yet. I've weighed .4 lbs lighter an hour after i got up for the day, so don't focus on the daily weight so much as the weekly and focus on getting your nutrients in.

MustangMolly
04-26-2012, 04:43 PM
I just read a great quote "What you eat in private you wear in public"

lowrider04
04-26-2012, 04:53 PM
Hi and Welcome. The hardest thing for me to do when I starte IP was NOT weight myself everyday and just leave it for my official WI day. I still am not as good as I can be about not weighing everyday, but if you can make yourself stay off of the scale you will be better off for it.

I love the pair of donkeys are they yours? I've had horses all my life!

MustangMolly
04-26-2012, 04:55 PM
I love the pair of donkeys are they yours? I've had horses all my life!

Hi lowrider, the donkey's aren't mine just a picture I thought was cute. I do have a TN Walking horse, I should put a picture of him in my profile. What kind of horses do you have?

Lace and Levis
04-26-2012, 04:59 PM
I just read a great quote "What you eat in private you wear in public"

Boy isn't that the truth! :o Aren't we all glad we are on the road to a healthy way of eating and sharing it with the world. Thanks for sharing such a great quote.

Chloe222
04-26-2012, 05:05 PM
Hi all,
So much news on here today, what fun reading! Keep posting everyone! I apologize this is so long.

So the anesthesia wore off yesterday(I think) but I'm doing really goofy things today. For example, I was making my much loved vanilla spinach shake and thought, oh, I'll put in some choc stevia as a flavor enhancement. I did that. Then I immediately forgot I did that and my eyes wandered over to my Mio collection and I thought, oh, I'll make a creamsicle shake. So I pick that up and I squeeze in so much that my drink turned orange!! I knew better than to do that and two days ago would have put in 5 -6 drops, maybe 10 drops...However, I didn't want to throw it out so I drank it and it wasn't bad but I wouldn't recommend it. So maybe the anesthesia is still lingering here - definitely don't feel 100%. But enough about me. I'm not driving or operating any heavy machinery today.

Glad you are enjoying the food. You'll find favorites - I like the pancakes and have them every morning. Today I took my WF caramel syrup and heated it w/ 75% pancake syrup for my pancake. Tasty! I also like the shakes - especially with spinach as it adds body and extra flavorings (but watch how much of those flavorings you add - heeheehee).

Hi Cassie,
I stopped having TOM 2 years ago this July however on IP, every few weeks it feels like I'm getting premenstrual cramps. Luckily that's all it is. Has to be the estrogen in the fat being released.

I totally love your attitude and choice of emoticons!! Way to go!

I would definitely phase off...I know someone bumped a vacation post by Jennydoodle recently about phasing off for vacation and I'd take a look at it...I've been interested in this as well as I'm going on vacation at the end of June and won't be OP...from everything I understand and have read it is incredibly important to reintroduce carbs to your body methodically and carefully (P3 of IP) or you can gain a lot of fat back very quickly. I'm no coach...just what I've learned by reading...I'm sure others have more info as well!

Please phase off properly!! Don't have a nasty rebound effect when you absolutely don't have to. Folks say its always harder to go back to square one and while this won't be completely square one, do what's best for you and phase off.

Read the JennyDoodle post about phasing off for a very, very indulgent vacation and how well she fared because she did it the right way. You can enjoy more food and drink w/o pain at the scale later if you do it the IP way. I'm in the process of phasing off for a food and wine tour of French and Italian Riviera's starting 3rd week of May. For me, its 2 weeks of phase 2, 2 weeks of phase 3 and then doing my best to be on phase 3 while there w/ plenty of IP bars, but absolutely not sweating it. I'll undo the damage when I return but honestly expect there to be minimal damage. I have all my food ready for when I return for an immediate return to phase 1, along with my motivational notes so I don't conveniently forget about IP.

How many weeks do you have till you go away?

Wow!! I AM EXCITED FOR YOU!

Good Morning Chloe,
I'm really happy your surgery went well. You take care of yourself as your body heals. :getwell:

Thanks Lace! Feeling really ditsy today but happy to be back on these boards!

Desperate,
You are EXACTLY where I want to be. Look at my stats. We're the same height, I am currently 159. In my heart of hearts, I want to be 130.

Wuv, Not only are you gorgeous, you have a wonderful speaking voice. Like the previous poster said (don't recall who at this time - that anesthesia - really feel woozy...) you should do short videos for IP or another diet program...start your own company as diet support since you know so much and no one can do support like you. You don't need a medical degree - they have that angle covered already - what they don't have is credible, personal support like you. PM me later.

Wow, that is one of the best NSVs!! And you are gorgeous, show if off! Enjoy this wonderful feeling, bottle it if you can!

Hello everyone, im new here and so glad I found this website it's very encouraging. I sit in our fith wheel all day while DH works. We don't stay in one place permanently. I was lucky enough to find a women's gym to workout while we are here . Hope everyone has a great Thursday

We're here for you every step of the way. You'll do so well on IP with this group behind you. :hug::hug::hug:

I had my 16th week weigh in on Saturday and I'm at 42 pounds gone forever and I hit Onederland! Feeling so good. Just a little nervous as to what summer will bring, but just have to take it one day at a time. Keep up the good work everyone!

That is A HUGE ACCOMPLISHMENT YOU HAVE COMING UP! :carrot::carrot::carrot:

For those of you wondering when someone is going to notice your weight loss I am wondering if you are still wearing the same clothes you used to wear. The reason I ask is because I got in the mail today a size XL shirt and it is the regular XL not Womans XL, anyway, I tried it on and showed a friend who told me how much better it looked than the one I had on---an old one from my days before IP---anyway after seeing myself in the shirt that fit better and then putting back on the one that I have had for years I quickly realized why some people may not notice I have lost weight. Proper fitting clothes really do make a difference.

You are so right. And then comes the new hairstyle and all those extras, better skin care (clean your skin thoroughly w/ something like a Clarisonic machine), use eyelash lengtheners (Latisse), new nail polish, all the fun flirty things we may have let go. Now ladies, is the time to start planning his!! No matter what your age! You are worth it - start with just a new nail polish this month if that's all you can or want to do - but consider doing those extra things you did when you felt totally alive and beautiful. Hope this doesn't offend anyone. This is just the kind of conversations my girlfriends and I have and wanted to share with all of you.

Samba
04-26-2012, 05:55 PM
Oh my!! Yay! Whooooppppeeeeeee!:carrot::carrot:

I have so struggled lately! Can't seem to face all my veggies some days. Water sometimes a challenge. I have not had crazy foods or gone to eating carbs or anything, but still just struggling with it. So afraid to step on the scales and finally just gutted up to it. Another 5lbs gone!!!

Just keep going at the best that you can! I am back on track today and feeling good about my planning of my eating. Seemed like I fell in a dark hole the last week or so. But, I have to tell myself this is a process. Weight loss isn't linear. Old habits of body/mind resist change. But,I can say that even with me clinging by a thread....IP has worked some great things!!

Had some bloodwork today. Blood sugar 99! and me a Type 2 diabetic off meds thanks to IP! cholesteral 122! I even had some HDLs which are normally abysmally low in me! I am still overweight, but no longer obese! I was at a health fair at my hubby's office. Several booths and the bloodwork available. Oh...they were serving cookies and ice cream! whaaaaa?!? Thankfully there was free salad so I had two heaping plate fulls.

Still flying high and realizing this diet plan so works in sooo many ways!

licaba
04-26-2012, 06:29 PM
Please phase off properly!! Don't have a nasty rebound effect when you absolutely don't have to. Folks say its always harder to go back to square one and while this won't be completely square one, do what's best for you and phase off.

Read the JennyDoodle post about phasing off for a very, very indulgent vacation and how well she fared because she did it the right way. You can enjoy more food and drink w/o pain at the scale later if you do it the IP way. I'm in the process of phasing off for a food and wine tour of French and Italian Riviera's starting 3rd week of May. For me, its 2 weeks of phase 2, 2 weeks of phase 3 and then doing my best to be on phase 3 while there w/ plenty of IP bars, but absolutely not sweating it. I'll undo the damage when I return but honestly expect there to be minimal damage. I have all my food ready for when I return for an immediate return to phase 1, along with my motivational notes so I don't conveniently forget about IP.

How many weeks do you have till you go away?

Thanks for the replies everyone. I leave May 17th so if I start phase 2 tomorrow for 2 weeks then do phase 3 from the 11th until i get back on the 24th that should be better for my body don't u think.

I know phase 2 is adding 6-8 oz of protein to lunch instead of a IP pack. But does that mean I stop the restricted or one of the others?

I'll also have to read up on phase 3 but at least I have some time to do that.

One last thing we can have Perrier, right? I had some for dinner with the walmart brand of lemonade MIO. Tasted like pop!!:D and I haven't had pop since January 3rd!!! So now I feel guilty... lol

LSJ100
04-26-2012, 06:39 PM
As I sit here eating my afternoon snack of "baked apples" I have to thank whoever posted the recipe for the zuchini cooked with apple pie spice. For anyone who has kids who won't eat veggis try this. The kids will think it is baked apple slices.

Really? I love baked apples and I'm really missing fruit but I don't like the taste of zuchini at all...was wondering how much zuchini taste was left over...

wuv2bloved
04-26-2012, 06:50 PM
Good Morning Everyone,
I had a slip up last Sunday in a bad way. It was really confusing, I was OMSing hardcore, having issues with my boyfriends friends. Just so many factors, that made me feel really weak. So when we were at his friends house I felt embarrassed to do the ideal stuff in front of them. (They are all males, and I just didn't know how to adjust). I knew after that it was a big mistake and wasn't worth it. I should have planned better, and recognized my PMS was making my decisions not me.

You will learn on your journey that YOU are the one that is in control of what you put in your mouth. YOU need to make the decision if you want the weighloss MORE than that _____. Just because you were having issues you didn't have to have what you had. You should of said to yourself.....Don't eat that, you will be happier if you don't because if you do you will feel guilty. Emotional eating is what a lot of us have done over the years, its now time to deal with those emotions and put them somewhere else besides food. ALWAYS be prepared. I ALWAYS carry my liter bottle of water with me EVERYWHERE, sometimes I leave my purse behind but I be damned I will have that bottle of water....lol...water and gum are ALWAYS on me. If I find something tempting I will stick a piece of gum in my mouth because I know I will not waste that gum. Just passing on what I would do....its just my way of handling situations :)
Hi Chloe - somebody posted a link, I think it was to the Finn collection of recipes, but now I can't find it in his list. Couldn't find it in the Maintainers or Phase 3 threads either...it must have been in a daily chat in the past week.

Here is the link to Finn's page
https://www.facebook.com/IdealProteinLohja?ref=ts

Wuv,
I just watched your week 51 video. It is the first one that I have seen of you (I always see your photo's - amazing). I just wanted to say that you have a really remarkable speaking voice. I truly enjoyed listening to you. You would do well at making IP videos and doing speaking engagements!
R.
THANKS TO EVERYONE whom has commented on my video. I just people to know that THIS IS ME....this program WORKS wonders!!!!

WUV, loved your new video. It will be interesting to hear what the doctor says about the excess skin. I keep wondering how much of my middle is actually excess skin.

I had a bit of a brain "blink" while watching your video. It was when you said "since starting IP". I realized after that I write IP all the time but never heard it outloud. For a second I thought you said you had lost weight since you "started to pee"!! Then my second thought was; "Well that is true!

Pat
Pat that is funny but you had me repeating it to myself. I guess my southern accent made it sound like that....Thanks for the laugh....lol...I guess only us here on 3fc know what IP stands for.....lol

Sewmam
04-26-2012, 07:08 PM
[COLOR="Indigo"]Here is the link to Finn's page
https://www.facebook.com/IdealProteinLohja?ref=ts

Ah...thanks! I thought I was missing something...I'm saving this as a bookmark. I don't know if this IP'r is a chef or what, but very creative stuff!

I am house sitting at my neighbors for a couple days, and reception is so much better here that I'll finally be able to watch your videos! ;)

Wow...I just watched the latest video and you are glowing! Just lovely and inspirational to so many!

kmc1021
04-26-2012, 07:08 PM
Wow, lots going on here. I love all the talk about fitting into smaller sizes! Makes my heart smile for ya'll!

I don't know why but I have been hungry (like I am going to start gnawing my arm off hungry) every other day. I changed my supplements like I was told to, I stretch out my veggies because of the huge gap between my lunch and dinner and I am only hungry every other day. I wonder if it is because I don't get enough protein and veggies the days I am not hungry, so then I am making up for it the next day? I have been 100% OP, just hate those feelings.

Sewmam
04-26-2012, 07:15 PM
Oh my!! Yay! Whooooppppeeeeeee!:carrot::carrot:

I have so struggled lately! Can't seem to face all my veggies some days. Water sometimes a challenge. I have not had crazy foods or gone to eating carbs or anything, but still just struggling with it. So afraid to step on the scales and finally just gutted up to it. Another 5lbs gone!!!

Just keep going at the best that you can! I am back on track today and feeling good about my planning of my eating. Seemed like I fell in a dark hole the last week or so. But, I have to tell myself this is a process. Weight loss isn't linear. Old habits of body/mind resist change. But,I can say that even with me clinging by a thread....IP has worked some great things!!

Had some bloodwork today. Blood sugar 99! and me a Type 2 diabetic off meds thanks to IP! cholesteral 122! I even had some HDLs which are normally abysmally low in me! I am still overweight, but no longer obese! I was at a health fair at my hubby's office. Several booths and the bloodwork available. Oh...they were serving cookies and ice cream! whaaaaa?!? Thankfully there was free salad so I had two heaping plate fulls.

Still flying high and realizing this diet plan so works in sooo many ways!

That's great news and amazing bloodwork! Congrats!!!! Fly away!!!:carrot:

Beanie Mommy
04-26-2012, 07:18 PM
Wuv, I watched your video. You are just so fabulous!

I have some excellent news myself: WI #17 and another 6.6 lbs are GONE!!! That's over 70 lbs that will NEVER come back. I am finally officially in onederland after being teased by my scale at home over the past 2 weeks. Feels so good!

Next mini goal is 100 pounds gone by mid-July. Gotta stay 100% OP and 100% committed!

Tinawebb
04-26-2012, 07:18 PM

That is great!

sanibelover
04-26-2012, 07:23 PM

Happened to me too. Hang in there. It is frustrating, but I am trusting the protocol and giving it time. Don't let it get you down!!!

prettyone
04-26-2012, 07:36 PM
Wanted to check in and share my first WI results. 10 lost and 7.75 inches. To say I am so happy with myself is an understatement. Thanks all for this forum that kept me on track. Now pushing to get ready for another wonderful week.

mylastdiet
04-26-2012, 07:41 PM
Wanted to check in and share my first WI results. 10 lost and 7.75 inches. To say I am so happy with myself is an understatement. Thanks all for this forum that kept me on track. Now pushing to get ready for another wonderful week.

CONGRATS!!! Isn't this the best program? You're doing great, and I'm sure you will have another successful week!

evepet
04-26-2012, 07:51 PM

Whoo-hoo! GREAT results! :cheer3::cheer3::cheer3: You're on your way!

naysha6
04-26-2012, 07:57 PM
[QUOTE=evepet;4309079]Good morning all. Had such a busy day yesterday that I forgot to post my WI results. Unfortunately I only lost 1.2 lbs on WI #4 - so I've lost a total of 12.4 lbs over the past 4 weeks. While I wish my last 2 WIs would have produced more significant losses, I am still happy with what has happened. I 'feel' slimmer, and while my slacks still fit they are definitely much looser.

Evepet: You know its funny but the other day I was in the bathroom at work and noticed a different smell to my urine. I had to wonder if it was me or maybe the other stall next to me. Sorry about being so graphic everyone. I know I clean up well every morning. It wasnt an offensive smell but sort of different/strong. I think the diet does something to our ph or causes a chemical imbalance in our cells so may be the reason for the smell. But heh as long as the scale is moving in the right direction I'll take the odor.

Hey Wuv: Congrats on the 1 year anniversary. My goal is to loose 90 lbs cause Im really short, 5'1", but I look forward to the day when I will be close to over 50 lbs. Oh and I know what you mean about the stairs cause I'm at work today flying through the halls like a bumble bee bumping into people. I couldn't have done that 4 weeks ago.

wuv2bloved
04-26-2012, 08:01 PM
Ah...thanks! I thought I was missing something...I'm saving this as a bookmark. I don't know if this IP'r is a chef or what, but very creative stuff!

I am house sitting at my neighbors for a couple days, and reception is so much better here that I'll finally be able to watch your videos! ;)

Wow...I just watched the latest video and you are glowing! Just lovely and inspirational to so many!
Finn was and still his trying out IP to be introduced in Finland. He does a remarkable job he is very talented for sure.
Wuv, I watched your video. You are just so fabulous!

I have some excellent news myself: WI #17 and another 6.6 lbs are GONE!!! That's over 70 lbs that will NEVER come back. I am finally officially in onederland after being teased by my scale at home over the past 2 weeks. Feels so good!

Next mini goal is 100 pounds gone by mid-July. Gotta stay 100% OP and 100% committed!
thank you and CONGRATS!!
GREAT job!!!!!....now wasnt it better to not kno what you have done and be taken by surprise instead of weighing everyday and stressing about it? Stick to the program and these are the kind of results you will get!!

MrsChill
04-26-2012, 08:07 PM
Can someone say............EXCITED!!!! What a major uplift this afternoon. I don't know how it happened but I ended up in the mall the afternoon. DARN IT, right! LOL

When I started this journey in January I was a tight size 14, borderline 16. Fitting XL, borderline XXL shirts.

Well, I wanted to pick up a couple of skirts to cover me for work until I reached my goal cause most of my closet was to big. I started with an 11....too big.....then tried a 10....still a little big. I purchased an 8!!!!! and am in a M shirt borderline Small! I'm not afraid to admit that I had tears and was chocking back emotion in the change room. Good thing I have unlimited texting because I had to share the news with so many!!

I send encouragement to all to reach your goal. Always remember the reward is sooooooooo worth the hard work and sacrifice on this 'Lifestyle Change'.

Cheers to you all!

Chloe222
04-26-2012, 08:11 PM

That is just wonderful!! :carrot::carrot::carrot:

Prettyone,
Isn't this program just AMAZING? And you will look AMAZING before you know it! Great work!

Dakin
04-26-2012, 08:12 PM
I've been searching the sticky recipe threads for stuffed peppers.
One recipe lists IP chili, but I won't have any until after my next visit to the clinic. The other lists canned tomatoes. I was told that tomatoes are a no-no.
Is that recipe possibly intended for P4??

Dakin
04-26-2012, 08:15 PM
Congrats Mrs. Chill!
You are where I want to be! Did you have weeks of very low losses? I can tell that I'm getting discouraged since yesterday's WI. I had told myself that if I stuck OP 100% I would lose at least 3lbs per week.... How did you stay motivated?

Dakin
04-26-2012, 08:16 PM
Pretty One: I told ya you would love your first weigh in!!! congrats!

kmc1021
04-26-2012, 08:19 PM

WTG Prettyone!! That is much better than my first WI! You almost doubled my inches lost!! You go girl!!

Skinnyminny26
04-26-2012, 08:20 PM
I have reall been struggling lately, I just want to boredom eat! I try to do things to occupy me but then my mind wanders to food....I've been OP for 11 weeks now and I feel my old tendencies coming back....o will power WHERE ARE YOU???

kmc1021
04-26-2012, 08:22 PM
Can someone say............EXCITED!!!! What a major uplift this afternoon. I don't know how it happened but I ended up in the mall the afternoon. DARN IT, right! LOL

When I started this journey in January I was a tight size 14, borderline 16. Fitting XL, borderline XXL shirts.

Well, I wanted to pick up a couple of skirts to cover me for work until I reached my goal cause most of my closet was to big. I started with an 11....too big.....then tried a 10....still a little big. I purchased an 8!!!!! and am in a M shirt borderline Small! I'm not afraid to admit that I had tears and was chocking back emotion in the change room. Good thing I have unlimited texting because I had to share the news with so many!!

I send encouragement to all to reach your goal. Always remember the reward is sooooooooo worth the hard work and sacrifice on this 'Lifestyle Change'.

Cheers to you all!

WTG Chili!! What an amazing feeling that must have been. I bet going to the mall is exciting now! I HATE shopping, especially for clothes, but I think that is because I am plus size and can't find anything I like. Maybe when I am back to normal sizes (my third goal!!) I will like it!

Volly
04-26-2012, 08:27 PM

WOW!!! Congratulations! Doesn't it feel great?

Skinnyminny26
04-26-2012, 08:28 PM

Cheers to you all!
Woohoo soooo happy for you!!!!

3sisters
04-26-2012, 08:33 PM

Sounds like you need to drink more (your urine should be almost colorless if you are drinking as much as is recommended. Also, you didn't eat asparagus by chance did you? That causes horrible smelling urine.

3sisters
04-26-2012, 08:34 PM

I was waiting to hear! Congratulations! Awesome week!

3sisters
04-26-2012, 08:36 PM
Wuv, thank you for sharing your video! The pictures are great, but it is great "meeting you" via video. And I'll have to remember your advice to start taking pictures - will love having the journey documented like you do.

atho128
04-26-2012, 08:39 PM

Thats amazing!! :carrot: SO inspiring! I'm just starting, but I hope my first WI goes as well as yours did! Congratulations and keep up that momentum!

Lace and Levis
04-26-2012, 08:47 PM

:cheer2: YEAH!!!!! :cheer2: You did it! Congratulations, you deserve it with all of that hard work you've done. You make us all proud!

Lace and Levis
04-26-2012, 08:53 PM

Cheers to you all!

My eyes are filled with tears of joy for you. Just imagining what it must have been like for you there in the dressing room. I am thrilled for you. You are such an encouragment for us all! Thank you for sharing. :hug:

momof2greatcats
04-26-2012, 08:56 PM
I've been searching the sticky recipe threads for stuffed peppers.
One recipe lists IP chili, but I won't have any until after my next visit to the clinic. The other lists canned tomatoes. I was told that tomatoes are a no-no.
Is that recipe possibly intended for P4??
Tomatoes are one of the limited ("occasional" - only 2 from the list per week) veg on my phase 1 sheet.

Sounds like you need to drink more (your urine should be almost colorless if you are drinking as much as is recommended. Also, you didn't eat asparagus by chance did you? That causes horrible smelling urine.
ITA with the asparagus pee smell!
If your urine is dark, I agree you need to drink more. The vitamins will make it "bright" in color, but if you drink enough, that brightness gets diluted out.

momof2greatcats
04-26-2012, 08:57 PM

Cheers to you all!
How exciting!!!!! :carrot::carrot:

CassiR
04-26-2012, 08:58 PM
YES!!!! I knew you would do wonderful BUT WOW 10 LBS?!?! Great work girl! You deserve that!!

Cheers to you all!
That is AMAZING!!! I'm so happy for you!! I know the feeling of dreading clothes shopping and i still haven't gone since starting.. i'm now close to goal and still dreading it a little. My clothes right now still fit (only with a belt, lol) and I seriously need to get some new work pants. You inspired me to go get it done so I'll go this weekend! :)

prettyone
04-26-2012, 09:02 PM
CONGRATS!!! Isn't this the best program? You're doing great, and I'm sure you will have another successful week!
Thanks mylastdiet. This program is totally great I must agree. Im pushing towards many great weeks. Thanks good luck on your journey.

Whoo-hoo! GREAT results! :cheer3::cheer3::cheer3: You're on your way!
Thanks evepet, full speed ahead.

Finn was and still his trying out IP to be introduced in Finland. He does a remarkable job he is very talented for sure.

thank you and CONGRATS!!

GREAT job!!!!!....now wasnt it better to not kno what you have done and be taken by surprise instead of weighing everyday and stressing about it? Stick to the program and these are the kind of results you will get!!
Thanks Wuv yes it was trust me I wanted to stand on that scale but I was like dont do it. I did get on it once and was like why. But I havent touched it since. I cant get on it anymore. When I went to WI I wouldnt look at the scale at first then I peeked down lol :carrot:
That is just wonderful!! :carrot::carrot::carrot:

Prettyone,
Isn't this program just AMAZING? And you will look AMAZING before you know it! Great work!
Thanks Chloe. I cant wait I looked in my closet this morning and pulled out a shirt from the back and it fit well. I was excited.

Pretty One: I told ya you would love your first weigh in!!! congrats!
Thanks Dakin. All the temptation and I passed the test.
WTG Prettyone!! That is much better than my first WI! You almost doubled my inches lost!! You go girl!!
Thanks KMC.
WOW!!! Congratulations! Doesn't it feel great?
Yes Volly I feel wonderful thanks.
I was waiting to hear! Congratulations! Awesome week!
Thanks 3sisters I couldnt wait to get home to post I was so excited.
Thats amazing!! :carrot: SO inspiring! I'm just starting, but I hope my first WI goes as well as yours did! Congratulations and keep up that momentum!
Thanks Atho I plan to continue and push forward. I have been yo yo-ing for way too long.
:cheer2: YEAH!!!!! :cheer2: You did it! Congratulations, you deserve it with all of that hard work you've done. You make us all proud!

Thanks Lace & Levis. This has been hard work indeed.

3sisters
04-26-2012, 09:05 PM

Cheers to you all!

That is awesome! What a wonderful, satisfying feeling of accomplishment! Congratulations - I certainly look forward to the day!

prettyone
04-26-2012, 09:07 PM
YES!!!! I knew you would do wonderful BUT WOW 10 LBS?!?! Great work girl! You deserve that!!

That is AMAZING!!! I'm so happy for you!! I know the feeling of dreading clothes shopping and i still haven't gone since starting.. i'm now close to goal and still dreading it a little. My clothes right now still fit (only with a belt, lol) and I seriously need to get some new work pants. You inspired me to go get it done so I'll go this weekend! :)

Thanks CassIR. I did everything 100%. Not a lick or taste of nothing off program. My work pants have a belt that is wrapped around the waist tight lol. Im trying to hold out a lil longer

LSJ100
04-26-2012, 09:17 PM
This has been the best board to read today! So many NSV's and SV's...I can't believe I am almost done week 4...in some ways it feels like I just started, and in other ways it feels like forever since my old way of eating. I feel like before I know it with a little perseverance I'll be buying those new non-plus clothes as well! Thanks all of you for being truly wonderful inspiration!

Sewmam
04-26-2012, 09:20 PM
I have some excellent news myself: WI #17 and another 6.6 lbs are GONE!!!

Wow...6.6pds in ONE WEEK? How in the world did you do that??? Great job!!!

Ah, that's just terrific! I logged back in tonight hoping you'd have posted your results. Fantastic job!!! I'm really happy for you!

I purchased an 8!!!!! and am in a M shirt borderline Small! I'm not afraid to admit that I had tears and was chocking back emotion in the change room.

I can just see you jumping up and down...congratulations !!!!! You've earned that 8!

The other lists canned tomatoes. I was told that tomatoes are a no-no. Is that recipe possibly intended for P4??

As far as I know, tomatoes are allowed, you just need to limit them to twice a week, fresh or canned. The Phase 1 sheet should say "occasional" vegees. You could also try the WF tomato/basil sauce - not strong on the tomato flavor, but better than nothing.

I have reall been struggling lately, I just want to boredom eat! I try to do things to occupy me but then my mind wanders to food....I've been OP for 11 weeks now and I feel my old tendencies coming back....o will power WHERE ARE YOU???

Now is the time to really think about why you eat, what emotional triggers you've got, whether it is boredom or fatigue or whatever. If you can figure out the reasons, you'll come a long way to understanding how to circumvent your responses to them. It took me some time to understand that because I'm in chronic pain and fatigue, I used to eat just to escape the pain, but ultimately it did nothing to alleviate it, and remembering that helped me to do something else, like lay down if I needed it.

Good luck - you CAN do this!!! :carrot:

It's only 8:20 but I got up early so I'm getting in the hot tub (at my neighbors...) and then reading a little "Lord of the Rings" and probably falling asleep soon.... nighty night everybody!

nimmer1991
04-26-2012, 09:29 PM
Wow...6.6pds in ONE WEEK? How in the world did you do that??? Great job!!!

Ah, that's just terrific! I logged back in tonight hoping you'd have posted your results. Fantastic job!!! I'm really happy for you!

I can just see you jumping up and down...congratulations !!!!! You've earned that 8!

As far as I know, tomatoes are allowed, you just need to limit them to twice a week, fresh or canned. The Phase 1 sheet should say "occasional" vegees. You could also try the WF tomato/basil sauce - not strong on the tomato flavor, but better than nothing.

Now is the time to really think about why you eat, what emotional triggers you've got, whether it is boredom or fatigue or whatever. If you can figure out the reasons, you'll come a long way to understanding how to circumvent your responses to them. It took me some time to understand that because I'm in chronic pain and fatigue, I used to eat just to escape the pain, but ultimately it did nothing to alleviate it, and remembering that helped me to do something else, like lay down if I needed it.

Good luck - you CAN do this!!! :carrot:

It's only 8:20 but I got up early so I'm getting in the hot tub (at my neighbors...) and then reading a little "Lord of the Rings" and probably falling asleep soon.... nighty night everybody!

Its all about creating new better habits that will provide a better future. I know that my PMS last weekend was crazy, (I'm sure the extra boost of estrogen in my system didn't help). My emotions were all over the place, and it made me feel weak. I want to be better than that. Its hard, but I see progress everyday and that really is helping me be stronger. My key to try and recongnize when I make a mistake, and analyse why I did it. That way in the future I'll be better prepared to handle it. :):hug:

swimcoachmomma
04-26-2012, 09:35 PM
What an uplifting board today. Unfortunately I am having a bit of a down day. Hungry for no reason. Could eat the desk or the iPad. Haven't though because my DD reminded me how bad it would feel passing through!! Lol. Anyway, hungry or not, still 100 percent. Yay. This program and these boards have given me the tools to be gentle on myself these days but still 100 percent. Fatigue is a trigger. Frustration. Stress.

My tool box includes all of you, my DH, DD, and two great dogs. Throw in a good book and a comfy chair and life is good. Hmmmm. Maybe a cup of tea and my bar and that book, and off to sleep I go.

Anyway, thanks for listening.

Beanie Mommy
04-26-2012, 09:38 PM
Hi Sewmam, I retained water like a champ last week, so that helped this week's loss. That and the constant praying to the whoosh fairy ;)

I also only had seafood and eggs as my dinner protein in the past week. Plus some walking. I'll probably continue to stick with eggs and fish mostly. Thinking about doing some yoga as well.

Tammywhiz
04-26-2012, 09:49 PM

Hi Lisab - Welcome to IP. Don't worry about the scale not moving, my first week I lost 7lbs, I was elated but my bubble was bursted when on week # 2 I lost only 0.2lbs. I was totally OP, I really didn't understand. My coach implied that I wasn't following the protocol, but I really was 100%. The next week I was right back on track and I have had steady losses pretty much every week since then.

I have always been a slow loser, didn't matter what diet I followed, but I have done really well following the IP protocol (I do partial IP and partial alternatives). I just weighed in for my 16th week and I have lost 43 lbs. Not much compared to a lot of the other members, but great for me.

Stay positive :)

Samba
04-26-2012, 09:50 PM
I step away for a moment and come back to so many great posts! Congrats to those with the amazing successes!!

If you are having struggles at times, I think that would be normal too. I am beginning to be able to get through some of my stress or emotional eating pulls a little bit easier lately. I pray this is a peek at future change in this area!

I am thinking I need to go get some fish for some dinnners!

vgalanter
04-26-2012, 09:53 PM
Hello everyone- this is my 1st post as I am getting ready to start on IP and reading now everything that I can have my hands on. However, i could not find anywhere explanation on usage of 1/2 teaspoon of salt daily.
I don't have a coach as i am doing it on my own.
Is 1/2 tsp is minimal or maximum requirement?
Why?

I am not sure I can tolerate so much salt.
Thank you for all advices.
Victoria

smile2laugh
04-26-2012, 09:53 PM

Isn't that one of the best parts of losing weight besides the fun of fitting in the old clothes and of course, feeling better?

Sunshine
I've lost 20 lbs (258 lb start) & only my fellow teachers who watch me eat lunch say I look good - everyone else - nothing :(
I know what you mean about looking forward to an honest compliment! Soon I hope!

3sisters
04-26-2012, 09:55 PM
What an uplifting board today. Unfortunately I am having a bit of a down day. Hungry for no reason. Could eat the desk or the iPad. Haven't though because my DD reminded me how bad it would feel passing through!! Lol. Anyway, hungry or not, still 100 percent. Yay. This program and these boards have given me the tools to be gentle on myself these days but still 100 percent. Fatigue is a trigger. Frustration. Stress.

My tool box includes all of you, my DH, DD, and two great dogs. Throw in a good book and a comfy chair and life is good. Hmmmm. Maybe a cup of tea and my bar and that book, and off to sleep I go.

Anyway, thanks for listening.

Lately I've been successful at warding off hunger by making a cup of flavored (but cal and carb free) hot tea. Seems to satisfy the need.....

smile2laugh
04-26-2012, 10:01 PM
Hello everyone- this is my 1st post as I am getting ready to start on IP and reading now everything that I can have my hands on. However, i could not find anywhere explanation on usage of 1/2 teaspoon of salt daily.
Why?

Victoria

Hi Victoria
I am not an expert on IP but I do know
the SEA salt is important. I put it on my food - makes it taste better!

kellycg102
04-26-2012, 10:07 PM

I switch it up....sometimes I will split it up and half half at like 11am and then have the other half around 3pm. Sometimes only PM or in the evening. Eat it when you are hungry I guess....it varies for me. Good luck, it is a great program.

Wow....that is great...good for you!!!!

Cheers to you all!

That is awesome....thank you for posting...it is nice to hear those successes. So happy for you.

Great post today....so many, hard to get thru them all. WI this morning at home first thing and scale said down down 3.4 but my coaches scale said down 5.....lol either way I am happy.....it is almost 25, although my losses don't match my start weight compared to my current, because I bought a new scale and there was a 2 pound difference. Either way I am completely happy with this diet and the coach is very happy with my losses especially my inches....which I don't have a total yet, I am going to get a copy after my measurements next week.

Sleep tight IPers

kellycg102
04-26-2012, 10:11 PM
Why?

Victoria

Someone else will hopefully respond to you as well but I will try....I have read up on it at all. I have heard tho that because we are not consuming as much salt on this diet, our bodies do require a certain amount. I just sprinkle it on my veggies and meat at every meal. It does help with taste for sure!!!! I never really added salt to my food prior to this, but that is because it was mostly crappy bad for you food! Good luck!

smile2laugh
04-26-2012, 10:12 PM
Just wanted to congratulate all those who had such awesome WI s today!
& wearing smaller sizes-- you're our inspiration!
Made myself a Big Mac in a bowl for dinner - it was great but was tried to make the zucchini fries - yuck they were all mushy . I thought I followed it right?? IDK

WingnutandMe
04-26-2012, 10:15 PM
Sunshine
I've lost 20 lbs (258 lb start) & only my fellow teachers who watch me eat lunch say I look good - everyone else - nothing :(
I know what you mean about looking forward to an honest compliment! Soon I hope!

Understand. I've lost 43 lbs and no one says anything. There was a lot of posts on this a few weeks ago in one of the daily threads. Some thoughts were they were afraid to say something as it might be offensive. Others were about what some people think with those of us who are "yo-yo" dieters. Why say anything, she'll just gain it all back again soon.

Comments are a nice NSV, but I know what I've lost, how I feel, and how I look and that's all that counts.

Just my thoughts.
Molly

Volly
04-26-2012, 10:16 PM
Just wanted to congratulate all those who had such awesome WI s today!
& wearing smaller sizes-- you're our inspiration!
Made myself a Big Mac in a bowl for dinner - it was great but was tried to make the zucchini fries - yuck they were all mushy . I thought I followed it right?? IDK

Mine turned out mushy, too... but I liked them anyway. The only time I can get them kind of crispy is when I microwave them.

luvthesun
04-26-2012, 10:21 PM
Hi! Reading these posts is encouraging and helpful. I'm restarting the plan because the first time I did it I made the horrible mistake of getting to my goal weight on phase 2 and then going lax...WAY too lax! My nutritionist is awesome, but located across the country so I don't get that weekly face to face contact that would help me be more accountable....however I know this is all on ME so finding this board will be helpful through my journey!

WingnutandMe
04-26-2012, 10:24 PM

I didn't have luck with the zucchini fries either. Have you tried the turnip fries? Never in my life would I have thought I would eat turnips, but these are delish. Even my "never ever had to diet" DH loves them.

Crispy Turnip Fries
8 med. turnips
1 tsp garlic powder
1 tsp. onion powder
1 tsp. ground paprika

Preheat oven to 425 degrees F. Spray a large baking sheet with nonstick cooking spray. Pare and cut turnips into 2 1/2 x 1/2 inch sticks.
In gallon-size sealable plastic bag, combine garlic powder, onion powder and paprika. Add turnips; seal bag, squeezing out air; toss to coat turnips. Place turnips on baking sheet. Bake 15-20 minutes or until turnips are tender and golden. Makes 8 servings.

Molly

Diana B
04-26-2012, 10:49 PM

I have lost almost 40 pounds since I started in Feb. My family notices it, my husband said today that you can really tell now....other people that I have seen are saying, "you're looking good", so they might either not want to say anything or they notice that I am looking better, I know I'm definitely feeling better.....so where in the Pacific NW do you live, I'm 15 miles SE of Seattle....

DanafromAustin
04-26-2012, 10:59 PM
WHOOO HOOOOO!

Whoo Hoo on onederland!!!!! I hope to be at the 100 lb mark myself by early summer.

Understand. I've lost 43 lbs and no one says anything. There was a lot of posts on this a few weeks ago in one of the daily threads. Some thoughts were they were afraid to say something as it might be offensive. Others were about what some people think with those of us who are "yo-yo" dieters. Why say anything, she'll just gain it all back again soon.

Comments are a nice NSV, but I know what I've lost, how I feel, and how I look and that's all that counts.

Just my thoughts.
Molly
You are right Molly. We have to do this for ourselves and our health. It took forever, and I mean a good 70 lbs before anyone other than my family would even say anything to me. We have to look for validation within ourselves, and not from others.

Kaypix
04-26-2012, 11:10 PM
Had dinner at the inlaws tonight, they are on IP and actually got me into it. They made cauliflower "rice" with chicken stock(?) that was amazing and actually tasted buttery, but no butter was used, and turnips that were cooked long enough with garlic and a bit of whipping cream to cut up just like baked potatoes, and cajun chicken :) sooo yum :)
In other news, today I feel good, I don't know how to describe it, just, good. No headache, wasn't hungry, class was a nightmare but I soldiered through it, and I "feel" skinny, it's nuts. I slept great and woke up early but wasn't exhausted like normal, and aside from class, my day went amazingly.
Really looking forward to my first WI on Monday (t-minus 3.10 days!)
Well, off to bed , all of 10:10PM wow I'm getting used to going to bed early! Have a good night all!

naysha6
04-26-2012, 11:19 PM

So excited for you Prettyone. I knew it would be a big loss. I dont know what you were worried about. Congrats one week down!

jcjnjj
04-26-2012, 11:44 PM
1st weigh in tomorrow morning! Can't wait. My Mom weighed in this afternoon and lost 5.6 lbs. Hooray for her!

wuv2bloved
04-26-2012, 11:47 PM
Wuv, thank you for sharing your video! The pictures are great, but it is great "meeting you" via video. And I'll have to remember your advice to start taking pictures - will love having the journey documented like you do.

To me having the pictures to see everyday make a difference as to where I was and how far I have come. I just started the video's about a month ago I wish I would of did it from the beginning. My son just told me that if I get enough subscribers on my video YOUTUBE will PAY ME!......so go subscribe to it!....lol....every little bit of money helps!

Tinawebb
04-26-2012, 11:51 PM
Is this a restricted item?

wuv2bloved
04-26-2012, 11:52 PM
Is this a restricted item?

Nope!!

ChaloJ
04-27-2012, 12:00 AM
Why?

Victoria

I was talking with a doctor the other day on the subject of water poisoning and salt intake and related issues. I'd had a bad blackout when I gave blood a week or so ago (possibly even a seizure), and we determined that one of the contributing factors was all the water I had drunk before I donated. I was trying to make my veins nice and full and easy to see, which did happen, but led to other undesirable results!! Anyway, drinking all the water we are supposed to drink can still leave us dehydrated if we don't have enough salt to make the water stay in our bloodstream. If we don't have the salt, the water will leave the bloodstream and head to where the salt is. (I am doing a horrible job of explaining this, but I remember learning about it in highschool biology!)

A few days ago, in the daily chat, Sewmama asked if it was possible to drink too much water. Someone answered her with a very informational blurb. Maybe she will chime in here and link it. The salt is related to helping us process the water, as far as I understand it.

Cadu
04-27-2012, 03:49 AM

WHOOO HOOOO Prettyone. I am so happy for you. I knew you would do great, you have such a great attitude. :carrot:

Well, I wanted to pick up a couple of skirts to cover me for work until I reached my goal cause most of my closet was to big. I started with an 11....too big.....then tried a 10....still a little big. I purchased an 8!!!!!
Cheers to you all!

What an amazing feeling that must have been. I am dreaming of being a size 8. For many years I was dreaming getting to a 16. Now I that I am in a 14 I actually believe that I can achieve the 8. So happy for you.

What an uplifting board today. Unfortunately I am having a bit of a down day. Hungry for no reason. Could eat the desk or the iPad. This program and these boards have given me the tools to be gentle on myself these days but still 100 percent. Fatigue is a trigger. Frustration. Stress.

You have great determination and you are using the tools you have learned to deal with the down days. Thanks for being an inspiration to many of us here.

Why?

Victoria

Hi Victoria & welcome. My coach says that the salt helps us to restore elctrolytes that we lose while doing this program. She also said that it helps us to release water retention. (which I didnt understand beacuse I always thought salt made us hold water). The sea salt also has minerals in it that we are not getting on this program. Its not to hard to get in each day, sprinkle it on your veggies and some on here put it in their water to get it in. Good luck on yor journey.

Hi! I'm restarting the plan because the first time I did it I made the horrible mistake of getting to my goal weight on phase 2 and then going lax...WAY too lax!

Welcome back luvthesun. I am so afraid of falling back into my old patterns when I am done with this program. It goes to show that phasing off correctly is important. Thanks for sharing with us.

1st weigh in tomorrow morning! Can't wait. My Mom weighed in this afternoon and lost 5.6 lbs. Hooray for her!

Good luck with WI today.