General chatter - Old glasses to big for my face?

View Full Version : Old glasses to big for my face?

guacamole
04-25-2012, 02:55 PM
I just saw two recent pictures of myself, one wearing sunglasses and one wearing my reading glasses (both were purchased at least 1 year ago). They look huge on my face! When I bought them, they seemed proportional, but as my face is getting smaller, I guess the glasses look bigger. I am thinking about getting new sunglasses and I am due for a yearly eye exam soon. Is it worth getting new glasses now or should I wait until I hit my goal weight (who knows when that will be?)? I never thought about my glasses getting too big!

bargoo
04-25-2012, 03:13 PM
Why not get cheap frames now and get more substantial ones when you reach goal. I got frames at Wal Mart once, they were attractive and lasted long enough and they were cheap.

guacamole
04-25-2012, 05:41 PM
That's a good suggestion. I'll probably go that route.

Natasha22
04-25-2012, 07:22 PM
Getting cheaper frames sounds like a great idea. Some are actually really stylish and cute, in the meantime, you can perhaps save up for some killer designer frames. :D

Vex
04-25-2012, 08:10 PM
I got some designer prescription sunglasses maybe 2 years ago, and I L O V E them. Who ever knew having prescription sunglasses would be such an awesome thing?

Having said that, had I known I was really going to lose weight in the future I probably would have gone for some cheaper frames. Most places can adjust frames to make them thinner, even big thick plastic sunglasses. I've had them adjusted and it helped tremendously. Whether or not they last until goal weight remains to be seen.

It's probably a good suggestion to go with more reasonable prices on the frames until you're at your goal.