Ideal Protein Diet - IP Daily Chat Tuesday 04/24/2012

View Full Version : IP Daily Chat Tuesday 04/24/2012

rissimo
04-24-2012, 06:46 AM
Welcome back to the Daily Chat thread - post your plans for today, share what's been happening, ask questions!

:welcome3:

Some forum lingo:
NSV = Non-scale victory
TOM = time of the month
WI = Weigh-in
WF = Walden Farms
OP = on program

Bookmarking:
Ideal Protein Sub-forum Home page
Consider making it a bookmark or a favorite in your browser so you can come back easily to get your RDA of Ideal Protein information.
Ideal Protein Sub-forum Home Page (http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/ideal-protein-diet-236/)

Information for newbies:
Check the sticky page for lots of good information and please read before asking what might be a frequently asked question here in the daily thread: Information on Ideal Protein phases (1-4), recipes, newbie guide, FAQ, and other important threads. (http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/ideal-protein-diet/238801-ip-ultimate-list-recipes-faq-newbie-guide-other-important-threads.html)

Tickers and Signatures:
There are 2 requirements to have access to signatures and tickers. You must have been a member of 3fatchicks for 20 days AND posted at least 20 messages anywhere on the 3fatchicks forum. When you've met those requirements check The Ultimate Signature and Ticker Thread (http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/announcements-forum-help/203435-ultimate-one-stop-signature-ticker-thread-read-here-if-you-have-questions.html)for more information and instructions.

Quoting:
The best quoting tip (http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/announcements-forum-help/203435-ultimate-one-stop-signature-ticker-thread-read-here-if-you-have-questions.html)- EVER!! Thanks Rosie, aka 6710.

Searching:
If you can't find what you're looking for in this forum using the website search function, try using the "double search" using Google.

1) Go to google.com. Search 3fatchicks by using the term site:3fatchicks.com at the end of your google search.

For example, if you want to look for "big mac in a bowl", type "big mac in a bowl site:3fatchicks.com" in google search. No need to inlucde the quotation marks when you type.

2) This will bring up the page that you are looking for, now hit Ctrl+F to search on that page. Type "big mac in a bowl" and all instances of that search term will be highlighted.

Progress photos:
have been moved to the Mini-Goal Photo Album. (http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/mini-goals-201/)

Other helpful links related to the Ideal Protein diet:
Dr. Tran Tien Chanh's website (http://www.trantiendiet.com/site/spip.php?rubrique19)

Dr. Tran Tien Chanh's book (PDF file): The Unbalanced Diet Approach to a Slimmer You

Danif
04-24-2012, 06:56 AM
Good morning. I am so upset. I worked out for the first time in a month yesterday and this morning I gained a pound!!! Why did this happen?? I am so discouraged. I love to work out and have not done it in a month. The Dr. said I could start again. Should I stop all together in phase 1? Has this happened to anyone else?

rissimo
04-24-2012, 07:02 AM
Good morning. I am so upset. I worked out for the first time in a month yesterday and this morning I gained a pound!!! Why did this happen?? I am so discouraged. I love to work out and have not done it in a month. The Dr. said I could start again. Should I stop all together in phase 1? Has this happened to anyone else?

Calm down, take a deep breath and relax. Everything is okay. You have shocked your system. Just keep drinking your water and add an extra shake or packet daily...1/2 before your work out and the other 1/2 after. Give it time, you wil adjust!

rissimo
04-24-2012, 07:07 AM
Good Morning IPeeps:

Looks like it is going to be a beautiful day here in Tennessee, cold, but beatuiful. Well, had weigh in 22 this morning and......drum roll please......
another 4 pounds bit the dust!!!!!!!!! I am shocked, I wasn't feeling a loss this week.
Congratulations on the losses this week and good luck to those that stil have to. Remember, any loss is a good loss regardless of how small it is. :hug:

Danif
04-24-2012, 07:09 AM
Calm down, take a deep breath and relax. Everything is okay. You have shocked your system. Just keep drinking your water and add an extra shake or packet daily...1/2 before your work out and the other 1/2 after. Give it time, you wil adjust!

I did add an extra packet. I am going to weigh tomorrow and if I gained weight I am going to cry. Do you think my body is just holding on to water since I used my muscles? Will it always be like this? Do you work out? Did this happen to you? Sorry..I am going to Paris in 2 weeks and want * more pounds off by then. I thought working out would help!

Sewmam
04-24-2012, 07:11 AM
Don't stress! I don't know how rigorous your workout was, but remember, fat does not accumulate in a day, so what you saw on the scale is not fat. Exercise can stress the muscle, and the muscle can respond to hold water in order to heal itself. At least that was the way it was explained to me.

IP tells us to do non-aerobic exercise in order to maximize fat loss, so that's what I tried to do -- strength training, walking. There are some folks here who have always worked out strenuously and continued to do so throughout IP, so it may depend on what your body is already used to.

Also, I would not weigh yourself too frequently - your weight will vary, day to day, hour to hour, depending on many things. Just trust that if you are doing the plan, your weekly progress will show it over time.

Good luck and hang in there!
PS: also note that Dr. Tran's book is great, but some of the info is dated. He designed the 'protein diet' but IP took that and expanded to their own program, so there are differences between the two.

Sewmam
04-24-2012, 07:16 AM
Good morning everybody!

Congratulations Rissmo! When a loss like that comes, you feel like you could conquer anything, don't you? So empowering!

I'm just sitting here trying to wake up with my morning pot of tea and breakfast. I ran errands for several hours yesterday so I didn't get back to my do-list for the house - too pooped. I really, really need to charge forward today.

Hope everybody has a wonderful day!

Danif
04-24-2012, 07:19 AM
Don't stress! I don't know how rigorous your workout was, but remember, fat does not accumulate in a day, so what you saw on the scale is not fat. Exercise can stress the muscle, and the muscle can respond to hold water in order to heal itself. At least that was the way it was explained to me.

IP tells us to do non-aerobic exercise in order to maximize fat loss, so that's what I tried to do -- strength training, walking. There are some folks here who have always worked out strenuously and continued to do so throughout IP, so it may depend on what your body is already used to.

Also, I would not weigh yourself too frequently - your weight will vary, day to day, hour to hour, depending on many things. Just trust that if you are doing the plan, your weekly progress will show it over time.

Good luck and hang in there!
PS: also note that Dr. Tran's book is great, but some of the info is dated. He designed the 'protein diet' but IP took that and expanded to their own program, so there are differences between the two.

Thanks! I have been working out with a trainer for a year and a half and had lost nothing, that's why I am not doing IP. Want to lose 40 pounds. The first week I only lost 1.5 and Dr. told me no working out for a month. So my first work out was yesterday. I might just stop until phase one is over. My trainer is so annoyed I am doing this diet, she will be more annoyed when I stop training with her...oh well. I want to lose this weight!! Thanks for the help!

ProGeekSD
04-24-2012, 07:20 AM
Started on IP January 17th 2012 and have had very good results. I have lost 80 pounds thus far and today is weigh-in day!! I really look forward to weigh-in days, because they keep me accountable and reminds myself of how far I have came in the past 13 weeks. There are days when I think the diet is kinda getting old and not worth it (time and money), but when I see people around me eating the food i used to eat as well I can easily turn my should and stick to my lean protein, vegges and a salad. I have a lot of people in my community, work, family and friends that are supporting me. Nothing feels better then someone commenting and saying you are looking great! Keep It Up! or WOW you have inspired me to start focusing on my health.

I started working out about 2-3 times per week, but the big thing is you need to consume more ideal protein. When my coach told me that I thought they were jut trying to get me to buy more product, but working out slowed my weight gain down a bit and now that I working out and consuming 1-2 more packets per day I am back to my 6 pound average per week.

My goal is to lose 150 lbs by my friends wedding July 7th, 2012. Got to look and feel good in a tux (Million Dollar Man ;) )!!! The biggest gripe I have about this diet is cost, but their is no better investment then your health and this diet will hopefully be my last and make the lifestyle changes I need to make for the rest of my life. So, I am half way to losing my 150 pound goal! I wish everyone the best of luck and look forward to meeting and encouraging anyone during their journey!

ProGeekSD

Danif
04-24-2012, 07:25 AM
Started on IP January 17th 2012 and have had very good results. I have lost 80 pounds thus far and today is weigh-in day!! I really look forward to weigh-in days, because they keep me accountable and reminds myself of how far I have came in the past 13 weeks. There are days when I think the diet is kinda getting old and not worth it (time and money), but when I see people around me eating the food i used to eat as well I can easily turn my should and stick to my lean protein, vegges and a salad. I have a lot of people in my community, work, family and friends that are supporting me. Nothing feels better then someone commenting and saying you are looking great! Keep It Up! or WOW you have inspired me to start focusing on my health.

I started working out about 2-3 times per week, but the big thing is you need to consume more ideal protein. When my coach told me that I thought they were jut trying to get me to buy more product, but working out slowed my weight gain down a bit and now that I working out and consuming 1-2 more packets per day I am back to my 6 pound average per week.

My goal is to lose 150 lbs by my friends wedding July 7th, 2012. Got to look and feel good in a tux (Million Dollar Man ;) )!!! The biggest gripe I have about this diet is cost, but their is no better investment then your health and this diet will hopefully be my last and make the lifestyle changes I need to make for the rest of my life. So, I am half way to losing my 150 pound goal! I wish everyone the best of luck and look forward to meeting and encouraging anyone during their journey!

ProGeekSD

Wow..80 pounds in such a short time..Congrats!! I have lost 15 in a month, wish it was more. 25 more to go! 6 pounds a week is huge...but your a guy so I guess you lucky ducks lose more faster!! Again, congrats!

Sewmam
04-24-2012, 07:27 AM

ProGeekSD

Wow, wow, wow! I know men loose more on this diet, but your progress is amazing! Good for you! I lost almost 150 pds, but it took me over a year! For me, IP saved my life. It is spendy, and I'll be paying off that bill for awhile, but it's cheaper than the health costs of a heart attack or worse. There are several people here who use the alternatives and there are some threads on it, so that could be an option for you too.

I find it so encouraging to see people who want to make such a fundamental change in their life and really embrace this - good for you and good luck!!!

Chloe222
04-24-2012, 08:01 AM

THIS IS JUST MY OPINION - PLEASE GO TALK TO YOUR COACH! (ALTHOUGH I'M CONCERNED YOUR DOCTOR SAID EXERCISE WAS OK RIGHT NOW WHEN YOU HAVEN'T BEEN EXERCISING FOR A WHILE AND JUST STARTED...)

I'M SPEAKING TO YOU AS IF YOU WERE MY GOOD FRIEND - I'M NOT AN EXPERT IN IP OR EXERCISE PHYSIOLOGY.

I'm guessing your muscles are doing what they normally do in the growth process immediately post workout - which is to mend the little tears in the muscles which build strength and right now your body is holding onto a little more water to facilitate this process.

The best thing you can do is not exercise right now - especially since you haven't been exercising for a while and just started IP. It seems counter intuitive but on this low calorie, low carb diet you need every calorie you're taking in to feed your body w/o the additional load of exercise. If you keep exercising and not eating extra protein, you can put your body into starvation mode and you will not lose weight. Also, your body may start using your existing muscle mass to fuel your workouts since you don't have available glycogen stores after ketosis kicks in and its possible that it can even cause heart attacks, after all your heart is a muscle (or harm other organs). The heart attack comment came from Dr. Tran's book, I'm not trying to scare you, but help you.

PLEASE READ DR TRAN'S BOOK FOUND AT THE BOTTOM OF THE FIRST MESSAGE OF THE DAILY CHAT. THE INFORMATION I'M GIVING YOU COMES FROM THAT BOOK, BUT IT'S MY INTERPRETATION. PLEASE READ IT YOURSELF, TALK TO YOUR COACH. I'M NOT A DOCTOR, JUST CONCERNED FOR YOU.

Good Morning IPeeps:

Looks like it is going to be a beautiful day here in Tennessee, cold, but beatuiful. Well, had weigh in 22 this morning and......drum roll please......
another 4 pounds bit the dust!!!!!!!!! I am shocked, I wasn't feeling a loss this week.
Congratulations on the losses this week and good luck to those that stil have to. Remember, any loss is a good loss regardless of how small it is. :hug:
Congrats on the 4 lb loss! That's a huge loss, a lovely loss! BTW, thanks for starting these threads in the morning. I'm up early and always sit down w/ my coffee, laptop and the morning news and check in here. It starts my day off right.

Cole3
04-24-2012, 08:14 AM
I am feeling SO frustrated today ... I have been hungry for three days (maybe not filling enough veggies?) and I am not feeling any progress. I have been doing this for almost 3 weeks now and up until a few days ago felt really good. I have a tendency to do really well with any plan for the first week or so then the progress stops. I am really hoping that is not what is happening. I have my WI tomorrow so I will see whats going on but I just needed to vent I guess .....

Lynnie63
04-24-2012, 08:21 AM
Hi All,

I have my first go at eating out tonight. I have to go to a meeting for work. They are having a buffet, I was told there would be steak, but I'm not sure how it's prepared.

Question - if it's in a lot of butter or sauce on it should I just drink the RTD shake I'm bringing? How bad is it to have 4 packets in a day and no lean protein? I didn't bring protein for lunch, just my IP soup. I brought peppers which I will eat on my 45 minute drive home at 9 after the meeting.

Thanks!

Sewmam
04-24-2012, 08:22 AM
Thanks! I have been working out with a trainer for a year and a half and had lost nothing, that's why I am not doing IP. Want to lose 40 pounds. The first week I only lost 1.5 and Dr. told me no working out for a month. So my first work out was yesterday. I might just stop until phase one is over. My trainer is so annoyed I am doing this diet, she will be more annoyed when I stop training with her...oh well. I want to lose this weight!! Thanks for the help!

What Chloe said is right-on! It may help you to understand those details of what the body is doing, so read Dr. Tran's book too. It must be hard to decide when you have a trainer, a doctor and a coach telling you things that may be different, not to mention all of us! ;) I would keep my doctor informed, and if in doubt, ask questions of him/her. Each persons health problems are unique so your doctor needs to be on-board with your decision to do IP. If they don't understand the science behind it, give them Dr. Tran's book. But work with your IP coach closely because they are supposed to understand how this program works and observe how each person responds. It doesn't matter what your trainer feels or says, at least not for now, IMHO.

lhalphen
04-24-2012, 08:28 AM
So I started this diet on Sunday with a few friends. We are doing this on our own with no coach. We have a another friend that has had great success, looks wonderful, and is helping us.

I have a few questions....

1. Why can you have coffee but not a diet soft drink in the morning?

2. I teach Zumba 4 days a week. Will it hurt my weight loss? I have been teaching 5 classes 5 days a week for a year, so it my normal routine and my body is obvisouly adjusted to this level of exercise since I have not lost anything is 6 months.

Any advise would be appreciated

prettyone
04-24-2012, 08:45 AM
Good Morning All,

Day 4 going strong, hoping the scale will be nice to me on my first WI on Thursday. Good Luck All. Enjoy your day.

MustangMolly
04-24-2012, 08:52 AM
So I started this diet on Sunday with a few friends. We are doing this on our own with no coach. We have a another friend that has had great success, looks wonderful, and is helping us.

2. I teach Zumba 4 days a week. Will it hurt my weight loss? I have been teaching 5 classes 5 days a week for a year, so it my normal routine and my body is obvisouly adjusted to this level of exercise since I have not lost anything is 6 months.

There is a great thread on her about the dangers of diet soda--I will try to find it and bump it up for you. Basically, your body reacts the same way to nutrasweet/aspartame as it does to sugar and most diet sodas are sweetened with nutrasweet or aspartame.

MustangMolly
04-24-2012, 08:56 AM
I have bumped two threads in response to questions today. One is from Jennydoodle regarding her mini phase off for vacatin the other is about aspartame and the dangers of diet soda. Hope these provide some answers to your questions.

mom3girls63
04-24-2012, 08:59 AM
Okay, day three and it is going better. I woke up this morning with a little more energy than I used to.

Yesterday for lunch I had my shake, but went to Wendy's and ordered one of their salads - pulled everything out of it (bacon, chicken, blue cheese, croutons, etc.) and ate it with no dressing (forgot my Walden's at home), but it was not bad. I fulfilled my need to chew something and that was the goal.

Today, I am going to a burger joint and having a plain burger (no bun) and another salad with stuff picked off. I want to have a packet for dinner with veggies.

Water has been no problem. I can down 2-32oz. jugs during work and I drink another 32oz. at home.

I too suffer from being able to keep to a plan for a week, but then the second week I slide. I do not want to do that again. I want to see a weight loss at WI on Saturday and have it motivate me to follow the plan into the next week. Lets take this one bite (no pun intended) at a time.

PS - I took "before" pictures this morning! :carrot:

PPSS - All of you are inspiring me with every comment. Congrats on your progress!

Tripmama
04-24-2012, 09:02 AM
Morning iPeeps-
Wow went to bed at 8 o'clock last night and had a great night's sleep. Hope you all enjoy your day. Eat well drink often and lose.

BlackSky07
04-24-2012, 09:05 AM
Good morning everyone. I was wondering if I could add Vanilla extract to a Vanilla shake to make it taste better? Or if anyone has any other ideas? It tastes pretty bland to me.

sandralosingweight
04-24-2012, 09:05 AM
Hello,

It has been a loooooooooong time since I've been on the daily chat. Just wanted to say hi to everyone, hope you all are doing good!

As for me, I sure gained a little bit of weight since I have been off the diet and I did not phase out at all, I did it the wrong way, well... life happens and what was supposed to be a Christmas break went on to be a Christmas break extending until an Easter break plus some more. Anyway, there are days when I ''dieted'' and others when I did not, I would gain about 5 pounds here and lose a little bit there, until one day I saw on the scale that I have gained more than 15 pounds!!! To my horror!! Anyway, now I don't dare to say that I am back 100 % OP, since I've been there and I've done that, but all I can say is that I am trying really hard, and I really want to get rid of this weight.

KBig
04-24-2012, 09:12 AM
GM IPeeps....

Im in full TOM.... (sigh) bloated, moody, buuuuut Im not craving.

I have my 2nd WI this eve.... and Im totally bummed bcuz I dont believe Ive lost.... due to my TOM.

uuugh. Still on OP. I will be glad about my WI after my TOM.

booklady231
04-24-2012, 09:19 AM
Good Morning IPeeps:

Way to go girl!!!!

BlackSky07
04-24-2012, 09:21 AM
GM IPeeps....

Im in full TOM.... (sigh) bloated, moody, buuuuut Im not craving.

I have my 2nd WI this eve.... and Im totally bummed bcuz I dont believe Ive lost.... due to my TOM.

uuugh. Still on OP. I will be glad about my WI after my TOM.

I'm still waiting for mine. It's a week late and I have all the symtoms but nothing! I don't like this feeling plus I gained a pound too.:(

Cadu
04-24-2012, 09:25 AM
drum roll please......

Congrats on the 4 pound loss rissimo

Started on IP January 17th 2012 and have had very good results. I have lost 80 pounds thus far and today is weigh-in day!!
ProGeekSD

wow 6 pound a week average is amazing!

I am feeling SO frustrated today ... I have been hungry for three days (maybe not filling enough veggies?) and I am not feeling any progress. I have been doing this for almost 3 weeks now and up until a few days ago felt really good. I have a tendency to do really well with any plan for the first week or so then the progress stops. I am really hoping that is not what is happening. I have my WI tomorrow so I will see whats going on but I just needed to vent I guess .....

Vent away, thats what we are here for. Hang in there, you will lose as long as you follow the program

Good morning everyone. I was wondering if I could add Vanilla extract to a Vanilla shake to make it taste better? Or if anyone has any other ideas? It tastes pretty bland to me.

you could add vanilla extract but be careful not to use it allot since it contains alcohol. A better choice would be MIO, davinci sugar free syrups or walden farms syrups. or read the recipes for ideas on flavoring the shakes & puddings.

Good morning everybody, the sun finally returned in NJ, even though it is cold out it sure looks pretty. Going to get a pedi today, I need my toes summer ready. Have a great OP day everyone.

salmongirl
04-24-2012, 09:31 AM
Heading to town for my weigh-in today. I have not been on a scale all week because I had DH hide it from me. It is scary because I do not know what to expect. It think it is good for me because it is the lifestyle that I want to live, and the weight loss is (or should be) secondary. I have stayed 100% OP so I should have a loss. I will let you all know how it goes!

MustangMolly
04-24-2012, 09:55 AM
Hello,

It has been a loooooooooong time since I've been on the daily chat. Just wanted to say hi to everyone, hope you all are doing good!

As for me, I sure gained a little bit of weight since I have been off the diet and I did not phase out at all, I did it the wrong way, well... life happens and what was supposed to be a Christmas break went on to be a Christmas break extending until an Easter break plus some more. Anyway, there are days when I ''dieted'' and others when I did not, I would gain about 5 pounds here and lose a little bit there, until one day I saw on the scale that I have gained more than 15 pounds!!! To my horror!! Anyway, now I don't dare to say that I am back 100 % OP, since I've been there and I've done that, but all I can say is that I am trying really hard, and I really want to get rid of this weight.

Hi Sandra and welcome back. I had a bit of a similar situation after my holiday phase off. I got right back on plan and did good for about 3 weeks then it was off and on and off and on. I also left my coach around that same time and started to do it on my own----I discovered I need the accountability of a weekly WI. I'm still going it on my own but have recruited my DH as my accountability coach. Good luck to you.

Ducksmy
04-24-2012, 09:58 AM
Good morning! I hope everyone has a great day! Had the day off yesterday and totally enjoyed being at home. Stayed OP and will keep at it today! It is hard but we are so worth it!

Sewmam
04-24-2012, 10:05 AM
I was just thinking....maybe we aren't eating our pizza, cake and ice cream everyday, but it's not gruel! ;) (I have this vision of Oliver saying, 'Please sir, I want some more! ) I miss just eating whatever/whenever I wanted, but what I can eat is really very tasty, so I try to remember that. When I do have a weak moment and have a 'cheat' I think, 'at least it's not chocolate cake!' You've got to keep a sense of humour in this journey....

sandralosingweight
04-24-2012, 10:14 AM
Hi Sandra and welcome back. I had a bit of a similar situation after my holiday phase off. I got right back on plan and did good for about 3 weeks then it was off and on and off and on. I also left my coach around that same time and started to do it on my own----I discovered I need the accountability of a weekly WI. I'm still going it on my own but have recruited my DH as my accountability coach. Good luck to you.

Thank you :)

Good luck to you too.

My husband recruited himself for me, lol, he keeps me accountable, and it is not a secret to anyone that I am indeed so jealous when I look at him, with all his big muscles and his Greek-god like body! seriously! I want that... I mean not him.... I already have him luckily, but I want to be at this level of fitness, if not that, a little bit less, and I will take it, lol

CkM
04-24-2012, 10:26 AM
Hi everyone! I meet with my Dr. tonight and hopefully start Wednesday morning! It truly enjoy coming here and reading all of the feedback. I am hoping to get my college body back as I found drinking beer and eating out constantly doesn't help the figure! I will keep everyone updated after I start! Have a great day!

beckyjo
04-24-2012, 10:26 AM
It seems we are struggling with temptations. Well this is what happened to me this weekend.

I went off program on Saturday, no problem had it under control ready to go again on Sun. Well needless to say did well till the pot luck after church. BLEW IT. So on the way home I said to my self very bluntly do you want to weigh 200 lbs again or do you want to go down 10 more lbs. Was the cake worth it was the other food worth it. Well my answer to myself was NO. So I decided not to look at it as if I have 20 more lbs to lose I have 10 to go then we will work on the next 10. I have to take this 10 lbs at a time. And really the treats weren't as good as they used to be. Sometimes we need to really give ourselves a what for. And my DH who never has input said babe you have came way to far to quit now. I love this program I love how I feel when I stay OP and I look darn good.

And by the way for the ones asking about exercise. I walk 3 miles a day sometimes I do a little Zumba. I just add protein when I feel like I have really worked hard. Mind you I have never been one to work out alot. I just started all the walking when we got our dog Bradford becouse he requires alot of exercise.

Hope everyone has a great OP day.

Manda Marie
04-24-2012, 10:27 AM
Having a VERY frustrating day at work...but so far not craving food as a crutch.
Ready to knock some heads together though!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

sanaroph
04-24-2012, 10:30 AM
Good morning everyone hoping everyone is well :wave:

I have been very lethargic the past few days which seems odd since I am on week 3. Today I am feeling somewhat better so think it was a virus going around. Also because I was so tired and sleepy I had not been getting in my 3 packets a day so will have to make sure I do that even when I dont feel like eating..

Congratulations to the losers today :carrot: and for those who are struggling remember this
Don't exchange what you want MOST for what you want at the moment.

That is my mantra for today and every day :D

sanaroph
04-24-2012, 10:34 AM

I think you can!

lilone1357
04-24-2012, 10:43 AM
[QUOTE=rissimo;4305987]Good Morning IPeeps:

Congratulations on the losses this week and good luck to those that stil have to. Remember, any loss is a good loss regardless of how small it is. :hug:[/QUOTE

AWESOME !!!:D

mooselover
04-24-2012, 10:47 AM
Okay, day three and it is going better. I woke up this morning with a little more energy than I used to.

Yesterday for lunch I had my shake, but went to Wendy's and ordered one of their salads - pulled everything out of it (bacon, chicken, blue cheese, croutons, etc.) and ate it with no dressing (forgot my Walden's at home), but it was not bad. I fulfilled my need to chew something and that was the goal.

Today, I am going to a burger joint and having a plain burger (no bun) and another salad with stuff picked off. I want to have a packet for dinner with veggies.

Water has been no problem. I can down 2-32oz. jugs during work and I drink another 32oz. at home.

I too suffer from being able to keep to a plan for a week, but then the second week I slide. I do not want to do that again. I want to see a weight loss at WI on Saturday and have it motivate me to follow the plan into the next week. Lets take this one bite (no pun intended) at a time.

PS - I took "before" pictures this morning! :carrot:

PPSS - All of you are inspiring me with every comment. Congrats on your progress!

I hope you are getting in 4 cups of select veggies!!! Salad does not count toward your 4 cups of veggies a day.

mooselover
04-24-2012, 10:55 AM

I don't have enough energy to get thru much exercise. You will have to see how you feel. I got very sick feeling and lightheadded after I walked and lifted weights, even using an extra packet. Think it depends on the person. Just trust your body. We are only eating about 800 calories a day, so that doesn't leave many calories for exercise.

mooselover
04-24-2012, 10:58 AM
My ultrasound yesterday afternoon went well. I felt invaded, but I am hoping to find out the results by tomorrow. I leave for 10 days Thurs. morning. I am going to Dallas area (Lavon) for the weekend to visit my sister, and then on to Casper, Wy for work. I am so excited to get to some warm weather :)

mylastdiet
04-24-2012, 10:59 AM
Good morning and CONGRATS to the losers! It's a bit chilly here today but I love it. Leaving soon for my second WI. I don't feel a loss as much as I did last week, but I'm sure I have dropped something. I have stayed OP with no cheats. I did have trouble, however, remembering all of the supplements occasionally.
Will check in with the results later!

evepet
04-24-2012, 11:00 AM
'Morning everyone. I'm almost at the 1 month point.. WI #4 coming up tomorrow. Last week's WI was only 1 lb., so I am hoping for better tomorrow... but of course, I'll be happy regardless. I keep reminding myself that I have to 'keep my eye on the prize' and look at this long-term... not get too concerned about what the scale says on a weekly basis. Thinking about it earlier this morning, I was rather astonished that I've found it relatively easy to stick so well to a diet program for a month. It bodes well for the months to come.

I'm feeling good, and luckily not experiencing cravings or tiredness at this point. I'd contemplated adding exercise, but have decided to keep it pretty low key for the present... I am doing a walking routine - just 1 mile - with Leslie Sansome's 'Walk Away the Pounds' video about 3 times a week. Right now that's enough I think. And I've decided to add weight training into my regime as soon as I get the Slow Burn Workout videos which I ordered over the weekend.

Tomorrow I head into the 'Big City' (Toronto, Ontario) for work-related meetings, and will experience my first day of having to eat away from home. Our TO office is right in the middle of the Greek area of Toronto, so I think I'll head to one of them and have chicken kebobs and salad, with oil & vinegar dressing, for lunch. I'll just switch my normal lunch and dinner routines for tomorrow, and have my salad + whatever allottment of veg still needs to be eaten for the day with a alternate-IP shake or soup, for dinner. I'll be eating dinner a little later than usual, but that shouldn't be too much of a problem... I'll take a bar along with me for my afternoon snack, which I'll probably have around 4pm tomorrow. (My coach originally put me on a 4 packet/day regime, and I'm still sticking with that, at least for now).

I have to do a couple of errands downtown today, so that will result in some walking exercise too. It seems odd not to have to be pushing myself to exercise more, but I understand the logic behind it while we're on this regime.

I hope all of you have a great day. Good look to all on their WIs and I'm sending positive healing thoughts to those who've posted here of health-related issues.

DanafromAustin
04-24-2012, 11:09 AM
Good morning! Good news, no breast cancer!!!!!! Thanks everyone for all of your good wishes yesterday. The only thing I do have to deal with is that the pathologist did find something called LCIS which puts me at greater risk for breast cancer during my life time. I have 3 options to deal with it, so will be consulting my doctor and then decide which way to go. In the meantime I'm getting thinner, and healthier everyday which goes a long way in living a long and healthy life.

On that note I'm down 2 lbs this week and in just two more pounds I will be in the 170's. Unbelievable! Now off to read the daily chat.

MustangMolly
04-24-2012, 11:12 AM
Good morning! Good news, no breast cancer!!!!!! Thanks everyone for all of your good wishes yesterday. The only thing I do have to deal with is that the pathologist did find something called LCIS which puts me at greater risk for breast cancer during my life time. I have 3 options to deal with it, so will be consulting my doctor and then decide which way to go. In the meantime I'm getting thinner, and healthier everyday which goes a long way in living a long and healthy life.

On that note I'm down 2 lbs this week and in just two more pounds I will be in the 170's. Unbelievable! Now off to read the daily chat.

:congrat::congrat::congrat:

That is great news.

Danif
04-24-2012, 11:23 AM
What Chloe said is right-on! It may help you to understand those details of what the body is doing, so read Dr. Tran's book too. It must be hard to decide when you have a trainer, a doctor and a coach telling you things that may be different, not to mention all of us! ;) I would keep my doctor informed, and if in doubt, ask questions of him/her. Each persons health problems are unique so your doctor needs to be on-board with your decision to do IP. If they don't understand the science behind it, give them Dr. Tran's book. But work with your IP coach closely because they are supposed to understand how this program works and observe how each person responds. It doesn't matter what your trainer feels or says, at least not for now, IMHO.

Thanks! It makes a lot of sense what both of you are saying. Will quit the trainer for a while. I ment to say in my post thats why I am on IP...

Sewmam
04-24-2012, 11:25 AM

Great news, Dana! :carrot: You'll figure out how to deal with whatever happens down the line...Good luck on reaching the 170's!

Danif
04-24-2012, 11:26 AM
I add vanilla and cinnamon..I have also seen some people add sugar free orange jello, not sure if thats allowed but sounds good. I know the vanilla and cinnamon is ok to use.

evepet
04-24-2012, 11:28 AM

That's great news Dana. I've been through that awful 'waiting to see' period too... what a relief, eh? And congrats too on the -2 lbs. :hug:

Danif
04-24-2012, 11:29 AM

That's wonderful news!

mooselover
04-24-2012, 11:45 AM

Whew!!!

Teden
04-24-2012, 11:45 AM
Hi all!
In case any of you have been waiting for a really good deal on Walden Farms products or Frontier extracts (alcohol free!), vitacost (http://www.vitacost.com/Referee?wlsrc=rsReferral&ReferralCode=60276178) is offering free shipping on orders over $24 (I think free shipping is usually over $49) ~or~ if you spend under $24, shipping is only $2.24 for your whole order! PLUS- if you use the above link, you will get an instant $10 credit if this is your first Vitacost purchase! ***Disclaimer, this is my referral link***

So potentially, you could get 3 WF products priced $3.90 each for just under $4 total after your credit and shipping!

Today I stocked up on WF BBQ sauce and added Frontier butterscotch to my collection :) I already have vanilla, peppermint and almond and love them! Most Walden farms products are on sale for 10% off so they are around $3.86 or so, most 2 oz Frontier extracts are under $4.:carrot:
I wish they had miracle noodles...I don't use alternatives, but they may have some of those products too.

I used to be a frugal living blogger...so deals like this still make me excited!

IPdivajen
04-24-2012, 11:46 AM
Yaaaahoooooo Dana! So happy to hear your update. Big, huge sigh of relief, I'm sure!!!! :D

Hi everyone. I'm at home sick today with strep or some other throat infection. Not cool! The doctor at the walk in clinic this morning gave me antibiotics and my first thought was, 'will these impact my weight loss'? You know you're addicted to IP when...

Hope everyone's having a great day. Today should be WI day for me but my coach is away for two weeks so we're going in tomorrow night and seeing someone else instead. So one more day to wait.

IPdivajen
04-24-2012, 11:47 AM
Oh yeah - just another reminder that we can use Starbucks sugar free syrups too. They're 0 0 0 and make with sucralose. You can buy the full bottles right in store. Yummy!

Trinique125
04-24-2012, 11:50 AM
Good Morning IPeeps:

that's amazing Rissimo, congratulations:carrot:

Sewmam
04-24-2012, 11:52 AM
Hi everyone. I'm at home sick today with strep or some other throat infection. Not cool! The doctor at the walk in clinic this morning gave me antibiotics and my first thought was, 'will these impact my weight loss'? You know you're addicted to IP when...

Hope you feel better... "you know you're addicted..." would make a GREAT thread!!! ;)

Chloe222
04-24-2012, 11:58 AM

Great news Dana!! :carrot::carrot::carrot:

Yaaaahoooooo Dana! So happy to hear your update. Big, huge sigh of relief, I'm sure!!!! :D

Hope everyone's having a great day. Today should be WI day for me but my coach is away for two weeks so we're going in tomorrow night and seeing someone else instead. So one more day to wait.

LOL! I am having surgery tomorrow. They want to put me under completely, I want just a local - I don't want anything to screw up my IP progress! Then I have some pain killers to take, will they impact my weight loss? (oxycodin)

Cadu
04-24-2012, 12:10 PM

Thank God. that is great news and congrats on the 2 lb loss

LizRR
04-24-2012, 12:24 PM
My ultrasound yesterday afternoon went well. I felt invaded, but I am hoping to find out the results by tomorrow.

Sending you good thoughts mooselover!

Thank goodness Dana! And whoo-hoo on being "this close" to the 170's - I'm looking forward to that myself!

Hi all!
In case any of you have been waiting for a really good deal on Walden Farms products or Frontier extracts (alcohol free!), vitacost (http://www.vitacost.com/Referee?wlsrc=rsReferral&ReferralCode=60276178) is offering free shipping on orders over $24 (I think free shipping is usually over $49) ~or~ if you spend under $24, shipping is only $2.24 for your whole order! PLUS- if you use the above link, you will get an instant $10 credit if this is your first Vitacost purchase! ***Disclaimer, this is my referral link***

So potentially, you could get 3 WF products priced $3.90 each for just under $4 total after your credit and shipping!

Today I stocked up on WF BBQ sauce and added Frontier butterscotch to my collection :) I already have vanilla, peppermint and almond and love them! Most Walden farms products are on sale for 10% off so they are around $3.86 or so, most 2 oz Frontier extracts are under $4.:carrot:
I wish they had miracle noodles...I don't use alternatives, but they may have some of those products too.

I used to be a frugal living blogger...so deals like this still make me excited!

I'm always looking out for the deals - thanks for the link - I'll be stocking up on some extracts and WF!

And Cadu - thanks for being the egg-white free baking test subject!

Ishbel
04-24-2012, 12:48 PM
Dana - wow, didn't know you were waiting for that...glad I popped in here for the celebration!!! Can't imagine the waiting period. Apparently I need to pop in here more often!

Hope everyone has a great day! :)

IPdivajen
04-24-2012, 12:49 PM
Hope you feel better... "you know you're addicted..." would make a GREAT thread!!! ;)

Thanks! And since I'm at home sick and not working, I think I just might start that thread for funsies. :)

Andie0606
04-24-2012, 12:57 PM
I have always had my IP snack at mid-morning rather than in the evening because of my schedule. For the last several days, I have skipped the snack (a shake) because I haven't really been getting hungry until nearly lunch time, so I just wait and have lunch. (My breaks/lunch are at prescribed times, and I can't change them willy-nilly.) Then, in the evening for dinner I have my meat/fish/chicken and a salad with my veggies. I have a bar for b-fast and a soup & salad/veggies for lunch. So, by the end of the day I have had 2 IP products instead of 3. I go to bed a couple of hours after dinner, and I'm not hungry, so I haven't been eating my 3rd IP packet. I know that I am supposed to, but eating when I am not hungry is what got me into this condition (fat!). So, should I continue to skip the 3rd packet, eat it even when I'm not hungry, cut back on the required veggies and salad, or what??? Thanks for any suggestions!

Shepard N7
04-24-2012, 01:01 PM
Good morning all!

Had my Week 4 WI yesterday and am down another 4 pounds! I knew I shouldn't have gotten too discouraged when I was up a half pound the middle of last week, but I just can't stay away from that scale.

I finally reached my breaking point with veggies over the weekend. Twice I literally gagged down my last 2 cups of the day. The third time, I just couldn't finish them. I figured it was better to keep down my entire meal, it was that bad. After discussing this with my coach, she finally gave me the option to be more "creative" with my packets. I was previously discouraged from doing this. She is also allowing me to use a vegetable supplement no more than twice a week. I'm going with Vibrant Health's Field of Greens (http://vibranthealth.us/?p2=/modules/vibranthealth/product.jsp&id=13). I was also told to count my salad if there is just no way I can choke down those veggies.

I'm going to keep trying without falling back on those last two options, but it's nice to know they are there should I need them. Part of my "problem" is that I have little to no appetite on this diet. So eating things I'm not particularly fond of, or am just plain sick of, is made all the more difficult for me.

mylastdiet
04-24-2012, 01:42 PM
Back from WI #2. Down another 4 lbs! That's a total of 14.2 in just 2 weeks! IP has been the best decision I have made in a long time.

evepet
04-24-2012, 02:04 PM
I have always had my IP snack at mid-morning rather than in the evening because of my schedule. For the last several days, I have skipped the snack (a shake) because I haven't really been getting hungry until nearly lunch time, so I just wait and have lunch. (My breaks/lunch are at prescribed times, and I can't change them willy-nilly.) Then, in the evening for dinner I have my meat/fish/chicken and a salad with my veggies. I have a bar for b-fast and a soup & salad/veggies for lunch. So, by the end of the day I have had 2 IP products instead of 3. I go to bed a couple of hours after dinner, and I'm not hungry, so I haven't been eating my 3rd IP packet. I know that I am supposed to, but eating when I am not hungry is what got me into this condition (fat!). So, should I continue to skip the 3rd packet, eat it even when I'm not hungry, cut back on the required veggies and salad, or what??? Thanks for any suggestions!

Hopefully another member with longer experience on IP will chime in and endorse me ..... but I'm sure you need to get the protein from all 3 packets. As well as your 4 cups of veggies each day, + recommended oil intake, salt intake, supplements, etc. That's the way the program is designed, and it works when you follow it 100%. If I were you, I'd make it a point to eat everything I'm supposed to each day, even if not particularly hungry.

offkilter
04-24-2012, 02:25 PM
I have my 5th weigh in later today, and I don't want to go! I've had good losses previously, but this week it is my TOM, and I feel bloated and gross and can't imagine I'm going to get good news.

And I cheated a bit this weekend as well. The baby was so cute trying to share his meal with me (so very determinedly; I have to wonder what was going on in his head) - I had to accept a couple of bites. None of it was "bad for you food" (I'm feeding it to a 12 month old after all), but it was off protocol.

KBig
04-24-2012, 02:37 PM
I have my 5th weigh in later today, and I don't want to go! I've had good losses previously, but this week it is my TOM, and I feel bloated and gross and can't imagine I'm going to get good news.

And I cheated a bit this weekend as well. The baby was so cute trying to share his meal with me (so very determinedly; I have to wonder what was going on in his head) - I had to accept a couple of bites. None of it was "bad for you food" (I'm feeding it to a 12 month old after all), but it was off protocol.

me 2. TOM... I feel and look bloated but Ive been OP IP.

sigh.

salmongirl
04-24-2012, 03:06 PM
Weigh in today, lost 2 pounds this week. Two more never to be seen again!

navydocmom
04-24-2012, 03:19 PM

Great news!!! Yay :carrot:
Keep up the awesome work with the weight loss :)

DanafromAustin
04-24-2012, 03:36 PM
Thank you all SO much for all of your kind words. It was a difficult week, but made a little easier when I could get on here every day and read all of your positive comments and support. You are all a truly amazing and caring group of women (and men). :hug:

Hi All,
Question - if it's in a lot of butter or sauce on it should I just drink the RTD shake I'm bringing? How bad is it to have 4 packets in a day and no lean protein? I didn't bring protein for lunch, just my IP soup. I brought peppers which I will eat on my 45 minute drive home at 9 after the meeting.
Thanks!
It won't hurt you, but I certainly wouldn't do it on a regular basis. I would imagine you would need the calories that comes from preparing your own protein for dinner.

If your cardio is too high intensity it will slow down your progress. There just isn't enough calories in our diet to be able to afford to burn that many without slowing down your progress. Since you teach the class you must continue I'm assuming? Either way make sure you get an extra packet in during the day as you will need the calories on the days you teach.

Hello,

Welocme back, glad you're here!

Hi everyone! I meet with my Dr. tonight and hopefully start Wednesday morning! It truly enjoy coming here and reading all of the feedback. I am hoping to get my college body back as I found drinking beer and eating out constantly doesn't help the figure! I will keep everyone updated after I start! Have a great day!
Wlecome and good luck with the program; it's the best!

My ultrasound yesterday afternoon went well. I felt invaded, but I am hoping to find out the results by tomorrow. I leave for 10 days Thurs. morning. I am going to Dallas area (Lavon) for the weekend to visit my sister, and then on to Casper, Wy for work. I am so excited to get to some warm weather :) Keeping my fingers crossed for great results. Enjoy the warmth in Dallas. It's already in the high 80's here in Austin. Summer is right around the corner for sure.

Thank you so much, and I hope that nasty throat pain is gone soon!
Great news Dana!! :carrot::carrot::carrot:
I am having surgery tomorrow. They want to put me under completely, I want just a local - I don't want anything to screw up my IP progress! Then I have some pain killers to take, will they impact my weight loss? (oxycodin)
Good luck with your surgery tomorrow. My coach wanted me to go on the alternative diet for a couple of days before I had my surgery last week. She said it's not a good idea to be in ketosis while under anesthesia. I guess the liver has a harder time processing the anesthesia. I ran it by my doctor and she told me not to worry about it. I didn't and it turned out fine. I woke rather quickly after the surgery was over. My only problem with the pain killers was it made me constipated for a couple of days. Nothing some Novi-lax couldn't deal with.

You REALLY need to eat all three packets each day. Otherwise you just aren't getting enough protein and calories, and it will slow down your weight loss. You could always take a couple of oz. of protein from you dinner and have it at lunch. Also spread your veggies out a bit during the day if need be.

I know overeating/not eating when hungry is what got us into trouble in the first place, but this is a low calorie/low carb diet, and our bodies really do need what little calories and protein we get each day.

SewingMomma
04-24-2012, 03:41 PM

You really need to get all of your packets in. Your body needs the calories and the protein. If you don't eat everything on your IP protocol sheet, your body could go into starvation mode. I'm sure that Wuv can go into more detail on this, bit you have to get everything in. I usually have my snack in the late afternoon because like you, I am not hungry after dinner. I've done this since day one.

lcoughlin
04-24-2012, 03:42 PM
I just started the Ideal Protein diet on Sunday and I havent lost any weight yet. I know it has only been 2 days on the plan but with the calories and carbs being so low I figured I would start losing weight immediately. I am following the diet exactly. Does it take a few days to start losing weight?

Thanks,
Lisa

Lace and Levis
04-24-2012, 03:44 PM
Ooooo, just tried the puree potatoes for the first time, not a fan. Thank goodness I was steaming seasoned veggies. I mixed the two together and wala delicious! Thanks to everyone that always encourages experimenting with these IP packets. It worked!

MrsChill
04-24-2012, 03:56 PM
I just started the Ideal Protein diet on Sunday and I havent lost any weight yet. I know it has only been 2 days on the plan but with the calories and carbs being so low I figured I would start losing weight immediately. I am following the diet exactly. Does it take a few days to start losing weight?

Thanks,
Lisa

Yes, it will take I think 3-5 days or so to get into Ketosis and once your in Ketosis your body will start burning the fat stored.

DanafromAustin
04-24-2012, 04:03 PM
Back from WI #2. Down another 4 lbs! That's a total of 14.2 in just 2 weeks! IP has been the best decision I have made in a long time.

That's great, and I agree with you - best decision I ever made too!

Sewmam
04-24-2012, 04:03 PM

It's great you are getting in your vegees and meat, but you really need the 3 packets everyday. The protein will sustain you and prevent using muscles for energy. I know what you mean about eating when you are not hungry, and trying to change that habit, but you maybe you can think of this as eating for your health, not to feed an emotional need. Whatever works! ;)

Sewmam
04-24-2012, 04:06 PM
Good morning all!

Had my Week 4 WI yesterday and am down another 4 pounds! I knew I shouldn't have gotten too discouraged when I was up a half pound the middle of last week, but I just can't stay away from that scale.

I finally reached my breaking point with veggies over the weekend. Twice I literally gagged down my last 2 cups of the day. The third time, I just couldn't finish them. I figured it was better to keep down my entire meal, it was that bad. After discussing this with my coach, she finally gave me the option to be more "creative" with my packets. I was previously discouraged from doing this. She is also allowing me to use a vegetable supplement no more than twice a week. I'm going with Vibrant Health's Field of Greens (http://vibranthealth.us/?p2=/modules/vibranthealth/product.jsp&id=13). I was also told to count my salad if there is just no way I can choke down those veggies.

I'm going to keep trying without falling back on those last two options, but it's nice to know they are there should I need them. Part of my "problem" is that I have little to no appetite on this diet. So eating things I'm not particularly fond of, or am just plain sick of, is made all the more difficult for me.

Just curious...what do you mean by being 'creative' with your packets, and why does your coach not like that? If it means using a recipes like the IP packet recipes here, I don't see what the issue is, especially if it helps you get all your vegees in, and keeps you OP and not bored. That's my 2cents worth anyway... ;)

Oh yeah, CONGRATS on your loss!!!

audgirl78
04-24-2012, 04:36 PM
So I am new to this forum and I am really happy you are all here. I have been doing IP since Jan 17 and have lost 35 lbs. GREAT SUCCESS Right? Here's my dilemma: I was on IP for two weeks before my husband and I did great. Didn't want to cheat and had no problem turning down all the food that floats around my workplace and house. Then my husband joined and we had "fun" doing it together. I then started to stall out after about 8 weeks. I did not cheat. I switched off the alternative and moved to the regular program. This helped for 2 weeks then comes the stalling again. At this time my husband reached his goal (in 8 weeks = 52 lbs) and I get depressed and discouraged. I then start the cheating. That next week I make a choice to stop the cheating and begin the Novi-Cleanse. This helped a lot, but I couldn't stop the cheating.
Now the cheating is taking over my mind. I need help. I need support and I need to find a way to stop the cheating. Can someone please help me?? I am so ashamed.

Sewmam
04-24-2012, 04:50 PM
So I am new to this forum and I am really happy you are all here. I have been doing IP since Jan 17 and have lost 35 lbs. GREAT SUCCESS Right? Here's my dilemma: I was on IP for two weeks before my husband and I did great. Didn't want to cheat and had no problem turning down all the food that floats around my workplace and house. Then my husband joined and we had "fun" doing it together. I then started to stall out after about 8 weeks. I did not cheat. I switched off the alternative and moved to the regular program. This helped for 2 weeks then comes the stalling again. At this time my husband reached his goal (in 8 weeks = 52 lbs) and I get depressed and discouraged. I then start the cheating. That next week I make a choice to stop the cheating and begin the Novi-Cleanse. This helped a lot, but I couldn't stop the cheating.
Now the cheating is taking over my mind. I need help. I need support and I need to find a way to stop the cheating. Can someone please help me?? I am so ashamed.

First of all, welcome! Second, don't beat yourself up over this, and don't compare yourself to anybody, including your husband. We've all been there, blaming ourselves, feeling bad, feeling guilty...but it doesn't really get you anywhere in the long run. This is not a contest. It is a journey that each of us take, alone.

I'm thinking that just the fact that you are stopping for a moment and thinking about it is a good sign. This is a very structured program and you have to be ready for it, that's for sure. Take the opportunity of that structure dictating exactly what to eat, etc., so you can then really dive into your soul and think about what you want for yourself, for your future, for your health. I don't know how many pounds you have to loose, or how long the IP will go on, but it is a lifelong journey, this change in attitude towards food and health, so it's good to just stop right now and decide what you want. It can help you stay focused and motivated.

And remember, we've all been there and we are all here for you! Hang in there!:carrot:

usmcvet
04-24-2012, 04:54 PM
Wow, wow, wow! I know men loose more on this diet, but your progress is amazing! Good for you! I lost almost 150 pds, but it took me over a year! For me, IP saved my life. It is spendy, and I'll be paying off that bill for awhile, but it's cheaper than the health costs of a heart attack or worse. There are several people here who use the alternatives and there are some threads on it, so that could be an option for you too.

I find it so encouraging to see people who want to make such a fundamental change in their life and really embrace this - good for you and good luck!!!

It is expensive but it is worth it and the alternative is much more expensive. I've not eaten fast food in almost a month. I know that alone has been a huge savings and all of the take out and lunches out. It has been more expensive but it is not as much of an increase when I look at everything I am no longer spending money on.

Stephanie7878
04-24-2012, 04:58 PM
Does anyone think there are more to these vitamins? I notice that I was not taking the night ones and I didn't lose weight, then I started taking them again I lost 6 lbs in a week. Crazy.

Sewmam
04-24-2012, 05:02 PM
Does anyone think there are more to these vitamins? I notice that I was not taking the night ones and I didn't lose weight, then I started taking them again I lost 6 lbs in a week. Crazy.

Not sure...I do know that magnesium helps the muscles relax, including our intestines, so it can help with the big C. (hence, 'milk of magnesia' products...)

Anyway, great loss!

lkp888
04-24-2012, 05:12 PM
Good afternoon everyone!! Hope everyone is having a successful day. Had WI#28 today and i'm down another 3 pounds, I was so excited as I didn't think I lost any this week, so imagine my surprise when the scale moved.

Trying the BBQ hamburger with the portabella mushroom as a bun today, sounds delish can't wait for supper!!

Have a great week everyone and good luck to everyone else who has WI's this week!!

New Englander
04-24-2012, 05:21 PM
Good afternoon everyone!! Hope everyone is having a successful day. Had WI#28 today and i'm down another 3 pounds, I was so excited as I didn't think I lost any this week, so imagine my surprise when the scale moved.

Trying the BBQ hamburger with the portabella mushroom as a bun today, sounds delish can't wait for supper!!

Have a great week everyone and good luck to everyone else who has WI's this week!!
Way to go!!! You're doing awesome on your journey! Enjoy your BBQ. :)

Shepard N7
04-24-2012, 05:28 PM
Just curious...what do you mean by being 'creative' with your packets, and why does your coach not like that? If it means using a recipes like the IP packet recipes here, I don't see what the issue is, especially if it helps you get all your vegees in, and keeps you OP and not bored. That's my 2cents worth anyway... ;)

Yeah, she isn't really a fan of using the IP packet recipes, and from what I gathered, she considers it a slippery slope. I've been 100% OP, so I'm not too worried about it. But now I can do it with her blessing. Haha!

Oh yeah, CONGRATS on your loss!!!

Thank you! :)

kmc1021
04-24-2012, 06:05 PM
Okay before I even read the forum (I still need to make dinner!!) I wanted to run here and tell ya'll about my first WI! I was so excited I wanted to use my coaches computer but thought better of it!!

SOOOOOO!!! well first let me say I have not hit ketosis yet, but I am okay with that, because I still had a good WI! I lost 7 lbs and 4.5 inches!! I am so happy! I told DH and he said he wants to do the alternatives with me!! So happy for that!! I am going to go make some dinner and then I will be back to read!!

Dakin
04-24-2012, 06:15 PM
Hola IP family! Here for my daily fix.

Congrats on all the losses today! Wow, saw a few who lost 4+ this week! How awesome. I'll be happy if I even get 2 this week, with TOM. I've peeked at my scale and it only seems like one so far, even tho I've been 100% OP. I'm really hoping for the *~** Whoosh Fairy**~*~*~ to visit me.
I really want to be able to phase to P2 in mid to late May... some of my June / July plans are revolving around me being on P3 and looking for P4.

Dana - Congrats! I've been holding my breath for you.

I'm curious to see if anyone has an answer to Stephanie's vitamin question? I switched to CVS vitamins and am wondering if that's why I"m only seeing 1 lb this week? What do you think?

Chloe222
04-24-2012, 06:39 PM
So, by the end of the day I have had 2 IP products instead of 3. I go to bed a couple of hours after dinner, and I'm not hungry, so I haven't been eating my 3rd IP packet. I know that I am supposed to, but eating when I am not hungry is what got me into this condition (fat!). So, should I continue to skip the 3rd packet, eat it even when I'm not hungry, cut back on the required veggies and salad, or what??? Thanks for any suggestions!

Can only echo what the others said rather well already: Yes, you need all 3 packets every day to achieve optimum results. Plus the protein at regular intervals fuels ketosis and you need that especially overnight. You can do this!
Good morning all!

How about just mixing in 2 c spinach into a shake (using drink or pudding) twice a day? So simple and goes down so easily. You can do this!

Okay before I even read the forum (I still need to make dinner!!) I wanted to run here and tell ya'll about my first WI! I was so excited I wanted to use my coaches computer but thought better of it!!

SOOOOOO!!! well first let me say I have not hit ketosis yet, but I am okay with that, because I still had a good WI! I lost 7 lbs and 4.5 inches!! I am so happy! I told DH and he said he wants to do the alternatives with me!! So happy for that!! I am going to go make some dinner and then I will be back to read!!

Congratulations!! That's a fabulous loss! Enjoy the feeling! and get used to because while the losses taper down in subsequent weeks, they are far greater than just about any other diet. The feedback you get on the scale every week or two is wonderful.

ChaloJ
04-24-2012, 06:42 PM
Hi all!

NSV: I tried on some 18s yesterday, and they fit!!!!! I couldn't believe it! They leave me with muffin top, it's true. But golly, they zipped up no problem! Whoohoo!

I want to wear non-plus sizes so bad I can taste it!

kmc1021
04-24-2012, 07:02 PM
Good Morning IPeeps:

I'm in TN as well!! It was a beautiful day! I was glad because we had our 2nd graders going to the zoo. Tomorrow we will be going to the science center! JOY!!

WTG on your WI!! That is what keeps me rolling on this, that the weight keeps coming off, not just at first!!

Chloe222
04-24-2012, 07:03 PM
Hi all!

NSV: I tried on some 18s yesterday, and they fit!!!!! I couldn't believe it! They leave me with muffin top, it's true. But golly, they zipped up no problem! Whoohoo!

Chalo,
That's wonderful!! Yay!! Out of the plus sizes!! Before you know it, no muffin top, that's the beauty of IP.

Had my WI today, down .6 pounds! That's great, especially since I've been experiencing the big C the past 3 days and it will only get worse with anesthesia tomorrow - but its nothing Dulcolax or Smooth Move tea can't handle after tomorrow.

What is exciting is that during the past 16 days, my body fat % went from 40.2% to 35.2% and skeletal muscle % went from 25.7% to 28.5% and BMI went from 27.4 to 26.5. The trajectory is good.

Have a great evening!

Sewmam
04-24-2012, 07:16 PM
Had my WI today, down .6 pounds! That's great, especially since I've been experiencing the big C the past 3 days and it will only get worse with anesthesia tomorrow - but its nothing Dulcolax or Smooth Move tea can't handle after tomorrow.

What is exciting is that during the past 16 days, my body fat % went from 40.2% to 35.2% and skeletal muscle % went from 25.7% to 28.5% and BMI went from 27.4 to 26.5. The trajectory is good.

Have a great evening!

Wow, congratulations, Chloe! Good luck on the surgery tomorrow...we'll be thinking of ya!

kmc1021
04-24-2012, 07:21 PM

That is such great news!! I am so happy to hear that!! Do the happy dance :)

Sewmam
04-24-2012, 07:23 PM

Thanks,
Lisa

I think you are still getting into ketosis. By your first weigh-in, you should lose a bunch, including some water,and then it will happen, little by little, every week. Try not to weigh everyday or you'll drive yourself nuts with this. ;)

haddy4
04-24-2012, 07:24 PM

ProGeekSD

Fantastic...:carrot: you are doing so good ..keep it up.. i too was worried about the cost and still tell myself everytime i buy the food that im worth it...!!!

kmc1021
04-24-2012, 07:26 PM

Hi all!

THANK YOU!! I want to order some stuff. I just need to figure out what now!!

Cadu
04-24-2012, 07:26 PM
Chalo,
That's wonderful!! Yay!! Out of the plus sizes!! Before you know it, no muffin top, that's the beauty of IP.

Have a great evening!

Great numbers chloe. Gongrats. good luck tomorrow, we will be thinking of you :hug:

haddy4
04-24-2012, 07:27 PM

Dont give up..just think too yourself i will not quit..make sure and eat all your veggies..it will help ;)

Sewmam
04-24-2012, 07:31 PM
I lost 7 lbs and 4.5 inches!! I am so happy! I told DH and he said he wants to do the alternatives with me!! So happy for that!! I am going to go make some dinner and then I will be back to read!!

Congratulations !!! Why don't you think you've hit ketosis? Isn't it supposed to happen with the first week?

I'm curious to see if anyone has an answer to Stephanie's vitamin question? I switched to CVS vitamins and am wondering if that's why I"m only seeing 1 lb this week? What do you think?

Wasn't she just saying that she wasn't taking her 'night' supplements, i.e., the 2 Cal-Mag's? If the question is a different brand, I'm not sure what the answer is. IP says their's are more bio-available, but who knows...

Hi all!

Oh how I know that feeling. It's coming soon and you will light up like a candle!!! Congrats!

Volly
04-24-2012, 07:33 PM
Good evening everyone! I love reading all of the posts on here. I'm officially on vacation for the next few days. I ran in for my WI before leaving town and was excited to learn I had dropped 3.4 pounds. Woohoo!! That is a total of 14.4 pounds in three weeks... Definitely gives me the incentive to behave while on my trip.

Chloe222
04-24-2012, 07:36 PM
Wow, congratulations, Chloe! Good luck on the surgery tomorrow...we'll be thinking of ya!

Great numbers chloe. Gongrats. good luck tomorrow, we will be thinking of you :hug:

Sewmam & Cadu,

Thanks!

DanafromAustin
04-24-2012, 07:38 PM
Ooooo, just tried the puree potatoes for the first time, not a fan. Thank goodness I was steaming seasoned veggies. I mixed the two together and wala delicious! Thanks to everyone that always encourages experimenting with these IP packets. It worked!
I love the potatoes, but there just wasn't enough of them. I kept licking the bowl afterward. :(

Hola IP family! Here for my daily fix.

Congrats on all the losses today! Wow, saw a few who lost 4+ this week! How awesome. I'll be happy if I even get 2 this week, with TOM. I've peeked at my scale and it only seems like one so far, even tho I've been 100% OP. I'm really hoping for the *~** Whoosh Fairy**~*~*~ to visit me.
I really want to be able to phase to P2 in mid to late May... some of my June / July plans are revolving around me being on P3 and looking for P4.

Dana - Congrats! I've been holding my breath for you.

I can't see how different brands could make a difference. I stopped using IP's early on and I haven't noticed any difference. Then again that's just my .02 cents

Hi all!

You will be there before you know it!

Chalo,

Have a great evening!
That's incredible on the fat loss, WTG! Good luck tomorrow, we will be thinking about you.

Sewmam
04-24-2012, 07:39 PM
Good evening everyone! I love reading all of the posts on here. I'm officially on vacation for the next few days. I ran in for my WI before leaving town and was excited to learn I had dropped 3.4 pounds. Woohoo!! That is a total of 14.4 pounds in three weeks... Definitely gives me the incentive to behave while on my trip.

funny, whether I go up, stall or down, I find myself making a new resolve to do better, to be more inventive, to succeed. That weekly sanity check is really key, I think.

Congrats on your loss and have a great vacation!!!

evepet
04-24-2012, 07:40 PM
Chloe222. What is exciting is that during the past 16 days, my body fat % went from 40.2% to 35.2% and skeletal muscle % went from 25.7% to 28.5% and BMI went from 27.4 to 26.5. The trajectory is good.

Nice movement in those numbers Chloe. I'm glad you found a way to get a sampler pack of The Simply Bar. I hope you like them.

And, good luck tomorrow.

haddy4
04-24-2012, 07:49 PM
Good afternoon everyone..loving this site so glad i joined..My family and friends are already tired of me talking about my diet so this helps ..gonna have to break down and try the spinach in a shake tired of vegies already..any suggestions for my first shake and how to make it so no big chunks of spinach freak me out?

kmc1021
04-24-2012, 08:13 PM
My coach looked at me and seen how drained I was and said that I haven't hit ketosis yet. She said it happens between day 5-14. She hit it on day 9. That is all I am going off.

Made a yummy dinner! Taco salad! I was impressed with how much I liked it!

NewPath
04-24-2012, 08:16 PM
Good Morning IPeeps:

Great Job! You inspired me today! Thank you! I am a newbie!:dizzy:

offkilter
04-24-2012, 08:20 PM
Much to my surprise, my WI wasn't bad news. I lost 2.5 pounds; though I'm half an inch bigger around the middle due to TOM-bloating. My nibbles from baby's spoon didn't sabotage me unduly.

NewPath
04-24-2012, 08:22 PM
My question of the day is this, when do I REALLY go into ketosis? I have been OP for 12 days. I lost 12 pounds at my first WI. I have been measuring my ketones daily and I actually went into ketosis on my second day of IP. So, after my weigh in, my coach tells me that I was probably holding a lot of water and that soon I would go in to the REAL ketosis?????? I feel good, cravings, weakness, and general down in the dumps have long gone......so......what is "real" ketosis and when will "it" happen? On a pleasant side note, my breath has been sticky and stinky for the last week, I wake up in a coma every morning, and I am not hungry.
PlEASE help me on this one......experienced IPEEPS!!!!!!
Thank you all for sharing you stories, every day, in every way. We are all blessed to have our "community" of IPeeps!!!:carrot:

Cadu
04-24-2012, 08:25 PM
My question of the day is this, when do I REALLY go into ketosis? I have been OP for 12 days. I lost 12 pounds at my first WI. I have been measuring my ketones daily and I actually went into ketosis on my second day of IP. So, after my weigh in, my coach tells me that I was probably holding a lot of water and that soon I would go in to the REAL ketosis?????? I feel good, cravings, weakness, and general down in the dumps have long gone......so......what is "real" ketosis and when will "it" happen? On a pleasant side note, my breath has been sticky and stinky for the last week, I wake up in a coma every morning, and I am not hungry.
Thank you all for sharing you stories, every day, in every way. We are all blessed to have our "community" of IPeeps!!!:carrot:

I was told we go into ketosis by day 5 as long as we follow the protocol. so IMHO.. you are there. now just let it do it's magic :)

Kaypix
04-24-2012, 08:28 PM
Hello all,
I've been lurking a few days on the forums, hoping to find some support. I joined a similar plan to Ideal Protein (using wonderslim/dietdirect products and no coach) but have family on IP so am tagging along dietly speaking and am pursuing phase I lifestyle...

I had a NSV tonight (only technically day 2 of the diet) and it felt like epic proportions to me...DH is very supportive, but the man doesn't cook, ever...so I make dinner every night now that we're both home together. Tonight I made a fabulous Tilapia with red/green/banana peppers and onions all baked in some olive oil with a bit of margarine on top. I made a bowl of green beans for me (haven't had any yet this week otherwise) and a bowl of Stove Top Stuffing for DH...I forgot how much I love StoveTop, I mean, I rarely make it. But when I do, I think the term is "trigger food"? I eat the whole dang bowl!

So I did good while making it, left it in the microwave for DH so I didn't have to see it, but after dinner he left me with the dishes, and I had stuffing left over in that bowl. I literally almost stopped myself from feeding it to the dogs (about 1/4 cup left total) and caught myself staring longingly at the fork (which still had stuffing on it after dishing it out to the dogs). I literally said "I am stronger than food...I am stronger than food" and put the fork in the dishwasher and washed the bowl.:carrot:

Seriously felt like a victory to me, but I'm a bit agitated now, and I imagine it's because of the stuffing, not full after a large meal of veggies and my fish and 16 oz of water. I'm sure my stomach is full, I'm just not feeling it because it still wants that stupid Stuffing!

Chloe222
04-24-2012, 08:55 PM
Hello all,
I've been lurking a few days on the forums, hoping to find some support. I joined a similar plan to Ideal Protein (using wonderslim/dietdirect products and no coach) but have family on IP so am tagging along dietly speaking and am pursuing phase I lifestyle...

I had a NSV tonight (only technically day 2 of the diet) and it felt like epic proportions to me...DH is very supportive, but the man doesn't cook, ever...so I make dinner every night now that we're both home together. Tonight I made a fabulous Tilapia with red/green/banana peppers and onions all baked in some olive oil with a bit of margarine on top. I made a bowl of green beans for me (haven't had any yet this week otherwise) and a bowl of Stove Top Stuffing for DH...I forgot how much I love StoveTop, I mean, I rarely make it. But when I do, I think the term is "trigger food"? I eat the whole dang bowl!

So I did good while making it, left it in the microwave for DH so I didn't have to see it, but after dinner he left me with the dishes, and I had stuffing left over in that bowl. I literally almost stopped myself from feeding it to the dogs (about 1/4 cup left total) and caught myself staring longingly at the fork (which still had stuffing on it after dishing it out to the dogs). I literally said "I am stronger than food...I am stronger than food" and put the fork in the dishwasher and washed the bowl.:carrot:

Seriously felt like a victory to me, but I'm a bit agitated now, and I imagine it's because of the stuffing, not full after a large meal of veggies and my fish and 16 oz of water. I'm sure my stomach is full, I'm just not feeling it because it still wants that stupid Stuffing!
Kaypix,
Congratulations on that incredible show of strength!! If you can do that now, you have already rocked this diet!!

You will make your ideal weight with ease now that you know you can do this - it's just a matter of time now.

Feel proud, be your own best friend and pat yourself on your back, give yourself a hug. Really!

Here's a group hug from all of us! :grouphug::grouphug::grouphug:

3sisters
04-24-2012, 09:32 PM

Audgirl78, you can DO this! When the urge to cheat comes upon you, stop, walk away, walk outside if you need to, go to bed early, do whatever you need to do to remove yourself from the situation, and tell yourself "Just for today....I just need to get through THIS day". I have faith in you and know you will can and will do this!

fam4me
04-24-2012, 09:33 PM

Hang in there. It's not only the scale. I've had a couple weeks where I lost very little weight, but did lose inches!

jenn04
04-24-2012, 09:36 PM
When I want to cheat i make myself a glass of hot peppermint tea with splenda

smile2laugh
04-24-2012, 09:41 PM
Hi Everyone!
I am NOT to tech savy & I am still figuring out this blog (but oh so happy to have found it!) Congratulations to all of you & your losses! I had my WI#4
6 lbs! I hit the 20lb mark-- I also long to shop in the regular sizes too! I've got 3 boys away in college & I'm looking forward to their faces when they get home!

fam4me
04-24-2012, 09:45 PM

Yeah!

Beanie Mommy
04-24-2012, 09:49 PM
Here's some insanity for you. My company is sponsoring 50% of Weight Warchers fees for a 10 week period plus joining fee. I asked if I could get the reimbursement for the medically monitored program I've been successful with and intend to continue for at least another 10 weeks. I was told that WW was the only program that was found to be "sound" and supported. No reimbursement for me.

I'm kind of bitter because I know WW does not work for me at all, but now even more determined to show those constantly hungry 100cal snack eaters what a really sound approach is like! Grrrrrr!!!

Kaypix
04-24-2012, 09:59 PM
Thanks so much for the support :D Big hopes and big hugs for all ya'll :)

Kaypix
04-24-2012, 10:02 PM
I bet they'll be so proud ! :)

Sonyasbug
04-24-2012, 10:06 PM
Good evening. So excited. WI #2 was today down 6.4 lbs. I love this plan. Thank you all for your continued support.

IPdivajen
04-24-2012, 10:07 PM
Here's some insanity for you. My company is sponsoring 50% of Weight Warchers fees for a 10 week period plus joining fee. I asked if I could get the reimbursement for the medically monitored program I've been successful with and intend to continue for at least another 10 weeks. I was told that WW was the only program that was found to be "sound" and supported. No reimbursement for me.

I'm kind of bitter because I know WW does not work for me at all, but now even more determined to show those constantly hungry 100cal snack eaters what a really sound approach is like! Grrrrrr!!!

:eek:

No way. How brutal! I'd be uber ticked!

Kaypix
04-24-2012, 10:08 PM

Cole3,

Not sure it this is TMI but is it maybe getting close to that TOM? I hear that weight loss can slow or stall the week before and of, then pick up again afterwards? Just a thought maybe?

LizRR
04-24-2012, 10:09 PM
Good afternoon everyone..loving this site so glad i joined..My family and friends are already tired of me talking about my diet so this helps ..gonna have to break down and try the spinach in a shake tired of vegies already..any suggestions for my first shake and how to make it so no big chunks of spinach freak me out?

Use a blender and it pulverizes down to liquid, no chunks at all. I use a RTD, decaf, ice, and spinach every morning and it is DELISH! I was soooo apprehensive the first time, but you will love it! Just blend on high and you'll see it smooth out.

fam4me
04-24-2012, 10:10 PM
Going for WI #6 tomorrow. It amazes me how I look forward to those days instead of dreading them.

fam4me
04-24-2012, 10:11 PM
Good evening. So excited. WI #2 was today down 6.4 lbs. I love this plan. Thank you all for your continued support.

Congrats!

fam4me
04-24-2012, 10:15 PM
Use a blender and it pulverizes down to liquid, no chunks at all. I use a RTD, decaf, ice, and spinach every morning and it is DELISH! I was soooo apprehensive the first time, but you will love it! Just blend on high and you'll see it smooth out.

I must admit it I've been afraid to try it myself, worrying about chunks and such. Thanks for the advice. Have you ever blended it and then refrigerated to have later in the day. I would like to be able to take it in for lunch.

KBig
04-24-2012, 10:18 PM
Well. This Eve was my WI #2... and its TOM. I have been feeling extra yucky (tom pms) and I didnt feel like Ive lost a lick ... Well I lost 4 lbs while TOM is in full tilt, lost 2 inches off the waist, .5 inches off of bust area, 1.5 inches off of my thighs.... sigh I can't wait for TOM to be gone... and put some serious numbers up. but not a bad start. 9 lbs total, 14days OP IP.

have a great nite IPeeps.

Tinawebb
04-24-2012, 10:20 PM
Weigh in today and -4.6. This is my best loss since the first two weeks. That makes it officially 25 lbs gone. Funny though I always lose an inch on my waist every week. Bigger weight loss and no inches lost. Anyhow, very happy to meet the 25 mark.

kellycg102
04-24-2012, 10:21 PM
I did add an extra packet. I am going to weigh tomorrow and if I gained weight I am going to cry. Do you think my body is just holding on to water since I used my muscles? Will it always be like this? Do you work out? Did this happen to you? Sorry..I am going to Paris in 2 weeks and want * more pounds off by then. I thought working out would help!

I personnally work out around 3 times a week, sometimes less, sometimes more, but I mainly do it because I feel better and because I have alot of loose skin, that I want to try and tighten up from years of yo yo dieting. I wanted to work on the skin thing through out my weight loss so I don't have so much to work on at the end. As well I want to make sure I don't loose any muscle on this diet, that I know has happened to many, so the only way to make sure I don't loose muscle is to work them a couple times a week. That is just what I do...... my weight sometimes doesn't budge thru out the week, it goes up a pound but it all levels out in the end. I may not be loosing as quick as I want......(would prefer like yesterday) but I am trying to be proactive in areas I know I need to work on.

Good luck, like other people have said it is likely water and try not to focus on the scale, try to focus on your health and how you feel.

What a relief!!!! The worst is waiting. Thanks for sharing!

Awww feel better!

I have not experienced a cheat yet, but I am telling myself that cheating is not an option. I will not let food control this journey! So far so good:dizzy:
Good luck, I hope you can figure things out.

Love love love the spinach shake, just started last week and it is awesome. I usually use the chocolate packet, but have had to use the RTS one this week and it has been fine. I usually put about a cup of spinach in. I will warn you, you can feel it....like the tiny blended pieces come up thru the straw, but I don't get "chunks". It is completely tasteless!!!! I just use a hand blender, not sure what you call them but it is like a stick hand blender, just cause I am lazy to have to clean my big ninja blender. Try it...it is great!

kellycg102
04-24-2012, 10:30 PM
Hey everyone, lots of interesting things going on as usual, wish I could comment on everyone.

I had a NSV tonight, kids wanted Dairy Queen icecream for a treat, my husband and I drove there, sat while they ate it, fed my little guy his (he still is not feeling great...so a little lazy I guess LOL), my one daughter didn't eat hardly any of hers and asked me to hold it in the car on the way home........wew quite a run on sentence....anyhoo, not a taste, not a lick, didn't even really want it. Crazy, I just can't believe this is happening. There was even cake at work today, I walked over to it, cause I need to see what kind it is, and opened the fridge and took out my celery sticks. I have a rule for myself that I am hoping I can hang on to and that is cheating is NOT an option! I am starting to worry about a trip to Baltimore I am doing the first weekend in May to visit my brother and his family (they are moving to Seattle in July:(....I just hate not having my "own" kitchen to do my own thing, but I will make due.............cheating is not an option!!!

Have a great night IPers, look forward to hearing from everyone tomorrow.

Sonyasbug
04-24-2012, 10:31 PM
Congrats!

Thanks. I also look forward to WI day. It's like a little mini victory each week so far.

Kaypix
04-24-2012, 10:45 PM
So, I know I am supposed to have 3 of the protein replacements a day, but...I'm only usually getting 2 in, today is day 2. I am planning on having a snack bar tomorrow, probably around 2-ish? And I haven't substituted anything for the shakes yet because they fill me up pretty well (as opposed to a couple of hardboiled eggs) Do i NEED to eat the third protein pack each day? Or can I get away with my two packets + 4 cups o' veggies + vitamin supplements?

Thanks in advance!

oh, and I'm afraid of snacking because if I do I am afraid I won't stop, I'm a boredom snacker so will read the forums a lot here so I don't get bored :D

IPdivajen
04-24-2012, 10:50 PM
So, I know I am supposed to have 3 of the protein replacements a day, but...I'm only usually getting 2 in, today is day 2. I am planning on having a snack bar tomorrow, probably around 2-ish? And I haven't substituted anything for the shakes yet because they fill me up pretty well (as opposed to a couple of hardboiled eggs) Do i NEED to eat the third protein pack each day? Or can I get away with my two packets + 4 cups o' veggies + vitamin supplements?

Thanks in advance!

oh, and I'm afraid of snacking because if I do I am afraid I won't stop, I'm a boredom snacker so will read the forums a lot here so I don't get bored :D

YES! You definitely NEED all three packages. You're not doing yourself any good by only having two - in fact, you could be harming yourself. You need the calories and the protein. And yes, the carbs! Your body needs all of these in order to get to optimal fat burning stage, otherwise you run the risk of your body going into starvation mode and conserving everything - and not burning fat! Kind of the opposite of what you're looking for! :)

Tinawebb
04-24-2012, 10:52 PM
Hey everyone, lots of interesting things going on as usual, wish I could comment on everyone.

I had a NSV tonight, kids wanted Dairy Queen icecream for a treat, my husband and I drove there, sat while they ate it, fed my little guy his (he still is not feeling great...so a little lazy I guess LOL), my one daughter didn't eat hardly any of hers and asked me to hold it in the car on the way home........wew quite a run on sentence....anyhoo, not a taste, not a lick, didn't even really want it. Crazy, I just can't believe this is happening. There was even cake at work today, I walked over to it, cause I need to see what kind it is, and opened the fridge and took out my celery sticks. I have a rule for myself that I am hoping I can hang on to and that is cheating is NOT an option! I am starting to worry about a trip to Baltimore I am doing the first weekend in May to visit my brother and his family (they are moving to Seattle in July:(....I just hate not having my "own" kitchen to do my own thing, but I will make due.............cheating is not an option!!!

Have a great night IPers, look forward to hearing from everyone tomorrow.

Good for you, that's awesome

fam4me
04-24-2012, 10:56 PM
Just a test to see if I got my ticker set up.:)

naysha6
04-24-2012, 11:00 PM
[QUOTE=Sewmam;4306857]funny, whether I go up, stall or down, I find myself making a new resolve to do better, to be more inventive, to succeed. That weekly sanity check is really key, I think.

Sewman I think I Im going to adopt this resolve if you dont mind. Weight in 4 is tomorrow and dont know if I have loss cause havent felt the "whoosh" yet!

kellycg102
04-24-2012, 11:02 PM

Thanks in advance!

You definately need your 3 packs, otherwise you may not lose weight or you may lose weight but your body will use your muscle and not your fat as fuel. 3 packs are crucial.

I am a boredom eater as well, not on this diet tho, I fill my time if bored on this forum or other things....I just don't feel like I need to turn to food to comfort me or "fill my time"

Good luck........remember 3 packs!!!!!!!!!

You did and it looks great!

Lace and Levis
04-24-2012, 11:04 PM

Well you were successful. Your ticker looks great, especially with all of that weight loss showing up!!!!:cp:

Kaypix
04-24-2012, 11:05 PM
YES! You definitely NEED all three packages. You're not doing yourself any good by only having two - in fact, you could be harming yourself. You need the calories and the protein. And yes, the carbs! Your body needs all of these in order to get to optimal fat burning stage, otherwise you run the risk of your body going into starvation mode and conserving everything - and not burning fat! Kind of the opposite of what you're looking for! :)

Thanks so much :) I'll get myself a snack :)

naysha6
04-24-2012, 11:09 PM
Hello all,
Top Stuffing for DH...I forgot how much I love StoveTop, I mean, I rarely make it. But when I do, I think the term is "trigger food"? I eat the whole dang bowl!

Kaypix: its funny how the mind plays tricks on us when we know we are not hungry but just wanting something because its there. I felt the same way at work today. I longed to just take my coworkers good smelling bag of popcorn and stuff my face into it to experience it.

naysha6
04-24-2012, 11:20 PM
I do have a NSV tonight. I went to bible study where they were celebrating one of the members birthday. So after we finished going over our lesson they started to bring out the food. I politely picked up my bottled water and told them I had to leave early to finish mailing my sons grad invitations. Back in the day I would have stayed, socialized and ended up eating cake, etc.

So I thank the Lord for providing my way of escape tonight so I didnt get tempted.

Kaypix
04-24-2012, 11:22 PM
I do have a NSV tonight. I went to bible study where they were celebrating one of the members birthday. So after we finished going over our lesson they started to bring out the food. I politely picked up my bottled water and told them I had to leave early to finish mailing my sons grad invitations. Back in the day I would have stayed, socialized and ended up eating cake, etc.

So I thank the Lord for providing my way of escape tonight so I didnt get tempted.

Well done!

3sisters
04-24-2012, 11:54 PM
I am telling myself that cheating is not an option.

I like that! That may just be my new mantra!

DanafromAustin
04-24-2012, 11:55 PM
There is only one real ketosis and it happens generally between day 3 to 6. If your breath is sticky and stinky then you are in ketosis. Congrats!

WW is a sound diet my a**. This is why the American diet is so screwed up. Alright don't get me started... :mad:

audgirl78
04-25-2012, 12:06 AM

I use just 1 packet of stevia or Splenda. It helps out any of the malted shakes. Goos luck!

LizRR
04-25-2012, 12:22 AM
I must admit it I've been afraid to try it myself, worrying about chunks and such. Thanks for the advice. Have you ever blended it and then refrigerated to have later in the day. I would like to be able to take it in for lunch.

I savor it for a 2 hour bfast, don't see why you shouldn't be able to save it for lunch.

audgirl78
04-25-2012, 12:22 AM
Audgirl78, you can DO this! When the urge to cheat comes upon you, stop, walk away, walk outside if you need to, go to bed early, do whatever you need to do to remove yourself from the situation, and tell yourself "Just for today....I just need to get through THIS day". I have faith in you and know you will can and will do this!

Thank you do much for the encouragement. Off to sleep now and I know in the morning it will be the first day of the rest of my diet. I have a WI at 3 and I know I will do better and stay on track tomorrow! Thanks again!:hug:

Nibblet
04-25-2012, 12:53 AM
Silly question but can you tell me what the "Big C" is? Just when I think I have it figured out, someone uses it in a different sentence context.

Also, why does the color of the ketostick change? I pee on the stick at the same time every time. First thing when I get up in the morning. Last week, it was a dark red which means large on the color scale but this week, it's been a pale pink. I haven't changed anything between last week and this one. Any ideas?

LizRR
04-25-2012, 01:12 AM
Silly question but can you tell me what the "Big C" is? Just when I think I have it figured out, someone uses it in a different sentence context.

Also, why does the color of the ketostick change? I pee on the stick at the same time every time. First thing when I get up in the morning. Last week, it was a dark red which means large on the color scale but this week, it's been a pale pink. I haven't changed anything between last week and this one. Any ideas?

Constipation!

Do you drink a lot of water close to bedtime? Could be diluting your ketones.

Nibblet
04-25-2012, 01:33 AM
Ahhhh....constipation. Thank you, it's been bugging me trying to figure out what it meant!

Well, I drink a ton of water throughout the day. I don't think I drink any more at bedtime than any other time and I always get woken up by my bladder, lol. I guess it doesn't really matter as long as I'm still in ketosis but I'm just curious as the cause of the fluctuations.

Samba
04-25-2012, 02:02 AM
The ketostix reading can be influenced by several things, I can't remember what they all were at the moment. The ketostix are not a definitive diagnostic test for ketosis. Metabolizing fat from a dietary source can turn them also.

I am thinking that once ketosis is established and if one is following the IP protocal, then checking is not much of an advantage. A person on IP and through the initial start up, should be in a ketotic state.

Anyway, keep going with the IP plan. It is awesome!

Stefany1769
04-25-2012, 02:04 AM
Hello,

New to the IP program, and new to this site. I started IP on Sunday and I finally had the guts to make a "real" dinner tonight. It may sound silly, but I am SO proud of myself! It was YUMMY! Foil packet chicken with veggies and WF herb sauce.
I'm sharing here with all of you because there really aren't many to share with here that understands what the big deal is.
I'm not really looking forward to a huge loss my first week since it is MTO this week, we will see. :)
Thank you all for sharing all the wonderful, helpful information here.

Steph

Samba
04-25-2012, 02:10 AM
:wel3fc:

So glad you joined us! Great work on the dinner!

salmongirl
04-25-2012, 05:12 AM
Where is Wuv? I wanted to tell her I think I can live without the scale! I don't think she posted today.

Cadu
04-25-2012, 06:20 AM
Much to my surprise, my WI wasn't bad news. I lost 2.5 pounds; though I'm half an inch bigger around the middle due to TOM-bloating. My nibbles from baby's spoon didn't sabotage me unduly.
great job! now leave the baby's food alone. hahahaha

I literally said "I am stronger than food...I am stronger than food" and put the fork in the dishwasher and washed the bowl.
Great job resisting that evil stuffing. I know it can be tough to resist our old favorite foods, but when we do it feels so empowering. the more you do it the more power you gain over it. besides, stuffing will be there when you are in phase 4 and can have a cheat day.

I had my WI#4 6 lbs! I hit the 20lb mark
6 pounds at WI 4 is awesome. so happy for you.

WI #2 was today down 6.4 lbs.
whoooo hoooooooo way to go.

Going for WI #6 tomorrow. It amazes me how I look forward to those days instead of dreading them.
I have WI today as well and I also look forward to going, not only beacuse I want to see the scale go down but everyone who works in my chiro's office is so supportive. They go on and on about how good I am looking. Heck I could listen to that all day. ha ha good luck tomorrow.

This Eve was my WI #2... Well I lost 4 lbs
Great job. 4 lbs is great, what other diet plan can give you that! keep it up.

Weigh in today and -4.6. very happy to meet the 25 mark.
whooo hooooo 4.6 in a week is awesome.

I had a NSV tonight, kids wanted Dairy Queen icecream for a treat, my one daughter didn't eat hardly any of hers and asked me to hold it in the car on the way home, not a taste, not a lick, didn't even really want it. cheating is not an option!!!

congrats on the NSV, that was a tough one. Ice cream for me is a slippery slope especially if you had to actually hold it on the way home. yikes! I agree with you, cheating is not an option.

can I get away with my two packets + 4 cups o' veggies + vitamin supplements?

Like others have said. you NEED that 3rd packet. even if you have to choke down a shake. It is important to get all your required calories and all in everyday.

you got it.. whooo hooooo and it looks marvelous

I do have a NSV tonight. I went to bible study. So after we finished going over our lesson they started to bring out the food. I politely picked up my bottled water and told them I had to leave early to finish mailing my sons grad invitations. Back in the day I would have stayed, socialized and ended up eating cake, etc.
way to go. keep that positive attitude.

why does the color of the ketostick change? Last week, it was a dark red which means large on the color scale but this week, it's been a pale pink. I haven't changed anything between last week and this one. Any ideas?
I have heard that allot of water can dilute the urine resulting in a lighter pink. also I heard that the longer you are in ketosis the less ketones are released through the urine. the absence of ketones in the urine doesn’t mean that you’re not still in ketosis. You might be in ketosis as measured by blood levels but simply not be excreting any in the urine. Or not excreting enough to change the Ketostix.

I dont use them, it would be another thing (like the scale) that would get me discouraged during the week. As long as I am losing I trust that everything is doing what it is supposed to.

Hello,
New to the IP program, and new to this site. Steph
Welcome and good luck to you.

Sewmam
04-25-2012, 07:00 AM
Ahhhh....constipation. Thank you, it's been bugging me trying to figure out what it meant!

Well, I drink a ton of water throughout the day. I don't think I drink any more at bedtime than any other time and I always get woken up by my bladder, lol. I guess it doesn't really matter as long as I'm still in ketosis but I'm just curious as the cause of the fluctuations.

We talk about everything here, including the big C! ;) I drink alot of water too, and it amazes me that I still have trouble with C. If that becomes a worry for you, try adding some fiber supplements.

Sewmam
04-25-2012, 07:03 AM
Hello,

New to the IP program, and new to this site. I started IP on Sunday and I finally had the guts to make a "real" dinner tonight. It may sound silly, but I am SO proud of myself! It was YUMMY! Foil packet chicken with veggies and WF herb sauce.
I'm sharing here with all of you because there really aren't many to share with here that understands what the big deal is.
I'm not really looking forward to a huge loss my first week since it is MTO this week, we will see. :)
Thank you all for sharing all the wonderful, helpful information here.

Steph

Welcome! Finding recipes that work is really an obsession, a good one, and this group has tons of them. My family and friends eyes glaze over when I start talking about it, so I love coming here to share the joy! ;)

Good luck to you!