Old 04-23-2012, 09:52 PM   #1  

S/C/G: 194/172/148

Height: 5'6

Default Calling all you should be coaches! Help me with my phase out

I started IP on Jan 5th and stayed with IP only til end of Feb at which point I was down about 23 lbs. I went to alternatives and now at 16 weeks in I'm down 40. My weight is now 154 (13 lbs below lowest adult weight!). My goal (i think) is about 140-145 so I have some pounds to give as I go into maintenance.

Here's the issue- I really didn't expect to still be going! I'm happy I'm still losing but want to try to either get to goal or determine a way to manage 2 upcoming June events. June 2nd is big girls reunion and I want to drink alcohol (I could care less about food), Jine 15th a wedding and June 18th is family vacatin and I want to enjoy and eat normal foods (and have ice cream!). I have already sticked to plan for numerous events soi understand how to have the discipline. The truth is these are events I want to drink and enjoy and I had hoped to be off plan by then.

So- if I average a loss of about 2 lbs per week and I need a month for phase 2 and 3 how do I do this? Do I just cheat and drink for June 2nd weekend and go back on plan in phase 3 so I can be in maintance for vaca. My timelines don't match with my current losing trend. Help!!!

Thanks you should be coaches out there.
twolabs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2012, 09:53 PM   #2  

Forgive typos- I'm horrible on my iPad
Old 04-24-2012, 06:13 AM   #3  
maintenance since 2/16/11

S/C/G: size 18 to 8...75 pounds gone

Height: 5'6"

My approach may be different than others, but understand I have been at this almost 2 years. I spent 5 on 100% IP than 3 more using alternatives and then on Memorial Day weekend of this year....I will have been in maintenance for one year. During my year in maintenance I maintained for 8 months, then spent 3 months forgetting how to behave and put on 15 pounds....I am currently up about 7 of those 15...so want to ditch the 7 and another 10 more by June 15th (we will see).

I totally understand your needs to enjoy those events. Phase 2...is not really a difference carb/calorie wise....you just aren't using another IP packet so for the coaches in the clinics...they make less money. Don't worry about phase 2...you will lose exactly as you are now....many lose more.

The real worry is phase 3....make sure you give yourself a 10 day minimum in phase 3 to readjust your pancres or you will be sick for a few days (how do I know...done it a few times phase one to a party night....yucky stomach pains).

If you could do 5 days of phase 4 before the events start that would be good also.

I know that people may disagree, but you need to remember this is for a lifetime....if you go back to any old ways of eating the pounds come right back. You will need to embrace the IP way forever. I am coming to better terms with that now that I am a year in maintenance.

I wish you luck and have fun at all those June events...remember to do your phase one days after each events...that is the key to keeping the weight off.
darbs7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2012, 06:59 AM   #4  

S/C/G: 300/152/154

Height: 5 ft 5.525 inches

Hi, I just started Phase 4 a month ago, so I'm not a wealth of experience there, but I like what Darbs said. This is a lifetime mindset. If you are set on enjoying those events by going back to old habits, you'll just have to figure on starting over. You may find that you are not as drawn to the 'bad' foods as you once were, or if you do have them, you don't indulge quite as much. It's all a choice, I guess.

I also agree that Phase 3 is very important - let the pancreas wake up slowly as IP designed.

Darbs - you are a real inspiration to me - I so do not want to become the statistic that gains tons of weight in a year. I have worked too hard to ever go back.
Sewmam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2012, 08:23 AM   #5  

Thanks ladies! June 2nd I just want to be able to have a few glasses of wine or liquor. Not so much food.

June 15th I want some wine and or liquor and won't care about the food. Vacation I just want to do ice cream with my kids at our favorite spot. That's about it.

I understand it's a lifetime change but I was told that you wont be so limited forever and I consider these "treats" totally reasonable for managing after the program. So do I even work through the phases to get to a place June 2nd or do I have these and just stay in phase 1 or 2 and essentially consider them cheats. I'm going to be so close to goal and am willing to stall so I can have these. I realize many say it's planned cheating but reality is I am trying to manage the lifestyle too.

I don't want to rush the phases either. I have been faithful and worked so hard to get here!!!
Old 04-24-2012, 08:45 AM   #6  

S/C/G: 239/227/135

Height: 5'2"

Are you phasing off just for these events? If so, I would do a mini phase off which is what I did for a Christmas/New Years vacation. I gained 6 pounds during time I was off but I lost 7 pounds my first week back on plan. The mini phase off consisted of 1 week at phase two and 1 week at phase three.
MustangMolly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2012, 02:40 PM   #7  

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sewmam View Post
Hi, I just started Phase 4 a month ago, so I'm not a wealth of experience there, but I like what Darbs said. This is a lifetime mindset. If you are set on enjoying those events by going back to old habits, you'll just have to figure on starting over. You may find that you are not as drawn to the 'bad' foods as you once were, or if you do have them, you don't indulge quite as much. It's all a choice, I guess.

I also agree that Phase 3 is very important - let the pancreas wake up slowly as IP designed.

Darbs - you are a real inspiration to me - I so do not want to become the statistic that gains tons of weight in a year. I have worked too hard to ever go back.
Quote:
Originally Posted by twolabs View Post
I started IP on Jan 5th and stayed with IP only til end of Feb at which point I was down about 23 lbs. I went to alternatives and now at 16 weeks in I'm down 40. My weight is now 154 (13 lbs below lowest adult weight!). My goal (i think) is about 140-145 so I have some pounds to give as I go into maintenance.

Here's the issue- I really didn't expect to still be going! I'm happy I'm still losing but want to try to either get to goal or determine a way to manage 2 upcoming June events. June 2nd is big girls reunion and I want to drink alcohol (I could care less about food), Jine 15th a wedding and June 18th is family vacatin and I want to enjoy and eat normal foods (and have ice cream!). I have already sticked to plan for numerous events soi understand how to have the discipline. The truth is these are events I want to drink and enjoy and I had hoped to be off plan by then.

So- if I average a loss of about 2 lbs per week and I need a month for phase 2 and 3 how do I do this? Do I just cheat and drink for June 2nd weekend and go back on plan in phase 3 so I can be in maintance for vaca. My timelines don't match with my current losing trend. Help!!!

Thanks you should be coaches out there.
Sent you a PM
Old 04-24-2012, 02:41 PM   #8  

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sewmam View Post

Thanks...you have done great...maintenance is when the real challenge begins.
Old 04-24-2012, 07:04 PM   #9  

S/C/G: 167/135/120

Height: 5' 3"

Keep in mind that alcohol will not necessarily knock you out of ketosis, but will stall your loss because your body stops burning fat while it is processing the alcohol. There are coaches who will tell you that if you decide to have a drink, make it good quality vodka with a mixer which is IP friendly -- maybe water and orange Mio? Keep in mind that drinking may make you more susceptible to eating something which is not OP, like chips, etc. There are people who can handle it and those who can't. Only YOU know which one you are. YOU must do what is right for you. Weigh all the options, be informed, then make your own decision. And own the consequences. You are a grown up. Whatever you decide, please ENJOY your time with family and friends -- there is nothing more precious.
Survalia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2012, 09:55 PM   #10  
04/23/12~Kara

S/C/G: 194.8/171.2/135

Height: 5'7"

Sorry, kind of stalking you, YOU LIVE IN SOUTH DAKOTA!!!! YAYA!!! Sorry I never find people that live here Maybe will find more since we are one of the places that have the IP store...
Kaypix is offline   Reply With Quote