Ideal Protein Diet - Cucumbers?

View Full Version : Cucumbers?

Babyblues4
04-23-2012, 01:01 PM
Just wondering if cucumbers are a "free" food. I know many of you eat pickles to starve off hunger or cravings, but since pickles are really cucumbers can we eat them guilt free as well? :dizzy:

Thanks!

MidwesternMolly
04-23-2012, 01:06 PM
My coach told me that pickles and cukes count as part of my 4 cups/day of allowed vegetables and should be counted as such. Hope that is helpful :)

Cole3
04-23-2012, 01:35 PM
My coach told me last week that cucumbers / pickles are free and unlimited ... I had been counting them and she said not to because they don't have a lot of nutritional value and are free anyway.

wuv2bloved
04-23-2012, 06:38 PM
I have eaten a cucumber EVERYDAY for the last 51 weeks and has count it towards my 2 cups and will continue to do so.

Chloe222
04-23-2012, 07:11 PM
I count my cukes and celery as part of my 2 cups and watch the sodium in the pickles - some are quite high.

SewingMomma
04-23-2012, 07:17 PM
I count the cucumbers as part of my vegetables too. They're on the list of vegetables and are not included in the unlimited. I follow my program sheet and refer to it often.

mylastdiet
04-23-2012, 07:26 PM
I count cucumbers towards my 2 cup allowance also. I use them often as "fillers" when I am short on veggies and just can't tolerate the idea of having more than 1 cup of broccoli or cauliflower at a time. I like the crunch.

Cadu
04-23-2012, 07:29 PM
I also eat cukes everyday as part of my veg. I just got back from my chiropractor who is also my coach and she said she did not hear that. She is checking it out for me and will let me know on weds when I go weigh in.

BlackSky07
04-23-2012, 09:12 PM
I've only been on IP for 10 days and only eat cucumbers, cauliflower and broccoli. 4 cups of veggies a day is REALLY hard to do! I think I'm going to have to split it up to 1cup 4 times a day! It's too much to eat 2cups at lunch and 2cups at dinner! Geeezzz

LizRR
04-23-2012, 11:20 PM
I've only been on IP for 10 days and only eat cucumbers, cauliflower and broccoli. 4 cups of veggies a day is REALLY hard to do! I think I'm going to have to split it up to 1cup 4 times a day! It's too much to eat 2cups at lunch and 2cups at dinner! Geeezzz

I split my veggies across all my meals. Spinach in my breakfast smoothie, veggies in my soups, rhubarb in my raspberry jelly snack, and then my dinner veggies.

And on my sheet cucumbers are on my veggies list and I count them as such with my 4 cups. When in doubt, I look at the sheet.

Beanie Mommy
04-23-2012, 11:40 PM
I count cucumbers as part of my 4 cup veggie allowance, but sometimes I add a few extra slices on my lunchtime salad when I feel extra hungry. My coach told me that they are free, but I can count them toward my daily veggies. I love those English cucumbers!

Nibblet
04-24-2012, 03:23 AM
I count cucumbers as part of my 4 cups of veggies but I don't count any pickles I eat. I usually only snack on about 2 spears a day though.

Babyblues4
04-24-2012, 08:46 AM
So, I count them then??

My sisters' coach says not to count them in your veggie allowance.

Wonder why coaches all say different things :(

Cole3
04-24-2012, 09:06 AM
That is the one thing that has really bugged me about this program ... there seems to be a lot of conflicting information given. My papers say cucumbers are free ... I hate veggies so I count them because it is the only way I get al four in :) But I had the same issue with Crystal Lite ... I had one coach tell me it was OK and the other told me it was not.

sanaroph
04-24-2012, 11:41 AM
I was told only lettuce was free. all the other veggies count for your 4 cups a day. I was also told no crystal light, mio and the likes.. just add lemon or even a sliced cucumber to water. It is refreshing natural (unlike the other highly processed stuff in our packets) and good for us :D