Old 04-23-2012, 11:36 AM   #1  

Default My cup overflowth with foam (lol)

Hey yall! I finally pulled my shakes out of my closet! I ordered them this time last year but while shipping my ready made shakes busted and I met an unpleasant, smelly package (with maggots, yuck)! The company was great and sent me more, but that image and smell deterred me from trying them for a whole year lol.

Anyways, today is my first time mixing up the shakes and I used a small, personal Hamilton Beach blender to mix it up with ice and it is just overflowing with foam. Do you get foam from a protein shake mixer (shake bottle) too?

Last edited by lovejoyradio; 04-23-2012 at 11:37 AM.
lovejoyradio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2012, 11:51 AM   #2  
Started IP 4/9/2012

S/C/G: 146/128/120

Height: 5'1

I would avoid using a small drink blender because of the foam issue. I don't have issues with the foam if I use the IP shaker. Just don't over mix it whatever you decide to use. If you do want to use your blender I would do just a few pulses and stop. All the protein mixes with air and you get foam, which isn't easy to drink.
MidwesternMolly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2012, 01:07 PM   #3  
Started IP 10/6/11

S/C/G: 256/160/160

Height: 5' 6"

I actually prefer using the blender & ice for most of drinks because I like the foam better. I use a straw to drink it. But to each his own....
Goldenrod is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2012, 01:13 PM   #4  
Restarted IP 3/19/12

S/C/G: HW257 230/202.8/125

Height: 5'2

the only two that have a lot of foam for me are orange drink and pink lemonade but the form settles down after a few minutes. I like the foam in the orange drink reminds me of an Orange Julius
Pookiepotpie2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2012, 10:24 PM   #5  
[url=http://www.3fatchick

S/C/G: 164/137/135

Height: 5'4"

I had an older cuisinart blender that made a lot of foam and it finally kicked the bucket. I bought a lower end Ninja $60.00, which came with 5 cup attachments. I found when I use the cups with a little crushed ice, I get NO foam and my shakes are amazing! Love the cappacino. Make the wildberry yogurt with less water and more ice and eat it like soft ice cream. I highly recommend this blender.
artflunky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2012, 03:49 AM   #6  

S/C/G: 150/136/112

I use the IP shaker, and I do get quite a bit of foam depending on the drink. The pina Colada really foams up on me! Thanks for the input though, I will try shaking it less.
Ladyonadiet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2012, 02:54 PM   #7  
SBDubs

S/C/G: 198.4/179.6/165

Height: 5'11''

Quote:
Originally Posted by artflunky View Post
I had an older cuisinart blender that made a lot of foam and it finally kicked the bucket. I bought a lower end Ninja $60.00, which came with 5 cup attachments. I found when I use the cups with a little crushed ice, I get NO foam and my shakes are amazing! Love the cappacino. Make the wildberry yogurt with less water and more ice and eat it like soft ice cream. I highly recommend this blender.

I registered for a Ninja! I hope someone gets it for me!!!
staceyjblack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2012, 03:03 PM   #8  

S/C/G: restart 9/2/14

I have a Magic Bullet and no foam.
DanafromAustin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2012, 03:08 PM   #9  

Height: 5'7

I use the IP shaker (and I have another blender bottle also, the taller one that I use) and always get foam with the fruity drinks.

I can't say anything regarding the vanilla/chocolate drink mixes as I just use them for the "mug cakes."
Soootiff is offline   Reply With Quote