Simply Filling/Core - Simply filling/Core Weekly Chat: April 23-29

nancy237
04-23-2012, 09:07 AM
Last time I started our weekly thread I messed us up...Hope this is right.
Can't beleive I beat everyone to it.
I am waiting on my handyman to come.. May try to get another wink on the couch before he gets here.
Eating was bad over weekend, I will try to start this week off right..

pam920
04-23-2012, 10:09 AM
Morning Nancy. Thanks for the new pages.

I called and cancelled my colonoscopy. My first cousin and my moms cousin both died from colon cancer, but they don't fall into the family history to satisfy the insurance co. I would hate to have to pay for this procedure. I will wait until it's been a full 10 yrs since my last one. I'm not having any symptoms. My husband, on the other hand, is anemic, on his last lab work and our dr. was concerned about that. He had pre-cancer polyps last time, so he definitely needs to have this done. He is really worried. He is scheduled for next monday.

Need to go grocery shopping and pick up my glasses. Have a great week.

Tejas
04-23-2012, 01:22 PM
Oh, Pam I thought you had that already. I guess you were just talking about scheduling it.

Nancy, thanks for the pages, and I hope the renos go well.

I've been to tap practice, and decided that I'm stepping out of one dance and someone else is switching places so that she can dance my part. I have been working like crazy on the dance but still wind up on the wrong foot in spots where it really matters :lol: It's not unusual to step out of one dance in a program; I'll get it down for later performances.

Big storm in the east, I see. Their turn! ;)

beach bum
04-23-2012, 03:03 PM
Hi Ladies:)

Had a busy morning with the church and shopping for my canasta party this Wed. I'm now resting up before I tackle the dusting vacuuming and washing down the kitchen and bath.

NANCY-Thanks for the start up for this week. I might need my handy an again if I can't find a vertical blind place that has a measure & installing plan. He didn't do a good job on measuring the reg blinds for the bedroom. It took him and his helper over 1 hr to hang two blinds on two windows.

PAM-Sorry you had to cancel you colonescopy Can;'t understand why insurance companies don't pay for that service as so many people have colon cancer. Luckily mine does,had one last year so I down have to go until 2076.

RHONDA-We had rain this morning but now it getting dark again and I guess the next storm is due. Glad you found some one to take your place in the dancing program.

Have to go and get started in my cleaning

Have a great day

ontarget
04-23-2012, 08:47 PM
Hi there. I've been gone all day shopping with a gf. We had a great time. Now I'll be subbing the rest of the week. I should be able to get here from school unless something unexpected happens.

Nancy, thank you for the new pages. ;) ;) ;) for the renovations.

Rhonda, that's good you could drop out of that dance. Did you see Amazing Race last night? One man almost overheated doing a dance in India.

Maryann, don't overdo it getting ready for your gathering.

Pam, I don't blame you for not having the procedure. I hope your husband gets good results from his. Please keep us posted.

Tejas
04-24-2012, 12:06 AM
I spent about an hour working outside in the yard this afternoon, after having worked out at the gym. I filled 10 bags full of leaves. Then, I went to a meeting of a city council committee I'm on...it's related to a bond request in November for street improvement. I'm going to know a lot about asphalt before it's over.

I made beans and ham in the crockpot and had that for supper, with a big salad.

I'm tuckered out and am headed for bed :yawn: I hope you're all having a good night.

nancy237
04-24-2012, 08:38 AM
Watched a food show on Netflix called Forks Over Knives.
2 doctors show what a diet without animal products and refined foods can do for your health. They call it a plant based whole foods diet.
Interesting.

Tejas
04-24-2012, 09:50 AM
Nancy, I haven't seen that movie, but I did hear about it. I have no doubt that a plant-based diet and no refined foods is a healthier one for humans. However, our ancestors did eat some meat now and again. I have heard that one problem is that our plants are not the same plants that our ancestors ate. I doubt that I am ever going to replace meat totally with plants like soy.

I am paying a lot more attention to where my meat comes form, and how it was raised and fed.

The work of Dr. Dean Ornish is quite convincing I believe. He has actually reversed heart disease in patients and was one of the first to show that it could be done. His diet is extremely low fat and plant-based.

pam920
04-24-2012, 11:09 AM
lets all become vegetarians. I'm up a pound this week.

Going to get my hair trimmed. It's cool here the last few days. Making a pot of veggie soup. Should hit the spot.

Tejas
04-24-2012, 06:17 PM
What a day: tap practice; lunch 35 minutes from here with friend; flat tire; drive home on "donut" after help from AAA; tire repaired; home to rest; out to dinner with nephew who is in town from Colorado; mayor's campaign candidates debate after dinner!

I'm going to be very tired tonight.

pam920
04-24-2012, 07:03 PM
Rhonda, do you ever stop and smell the roses? You are one busy lady.

ontarget
04-24-2012, 08:35 PM
Rhonda, you are one busy chickie. I don't have your energy.

I didn't have computer access at school today afterall and probably won't all week. I missed you ladies.

nancy237
04-24-2012, 09:46 PM
Bath redo is going smooth..After the last handyman this one seems Perfect!!
I am doing my stuff while he does his..Imagine that concept LOL
I wrote a $300 check for him and he tried to cash it but it said 3 dollars where you write it out..He laughed and I told him thats what happens when I talk & write at the same time.

Listed my boat today and 10 people want it..Maybe I underpriced it..Someone is seeing it in the morning..Its sad but it will also be a relief to not worry about maintaining it.

I decided to try this new diet with very little meat or dairy..I stocked up tonight at Trader Joes..I am not a big meat eater anyway..It will be interesting..
If anyone wants to see the 2 videos about it (Forks Not Knives & Engine 2 Kitchen Rescue) PM me and I will tell you how..

ontarget
04-24-2012, 10:14 PM
Nancy, good success with your new strategy.

Tejas
04-24-2012, 11:53 PM
I have roses that I smell every morning when I feed the birds! :lol:

The rest of the day went well.

Nancy, good luck with selling of your boat--and the diet!

pam920
04-25-2012, 09:23 AM
morning chickies. Drinking my coffee. Going shopping with daughter later.

Where is Maryann?

Sandra, we will miss you this week. Check in when you can. What did you think of Biggest Loser? Blahhhh.

Rhonda, glad your evening went well. Busy is good. Less time to eat, lol.

I'll check those videos out Nancy. I think I heard about this before, but worth another look.

Have a good day all.

Tejas
04-25-2012, 10:19 AM
Nervous! We have a big tap performance today about an hour from here. When we do that we take a van, with a driver, so that we don't have to deal with traffic and then perform.

I do 5 dances, and the one I know best is the newest one which we all learned together this winter. It's amazing how the mind can just go blank!

I weigh 180 this morning, and by Monday I'm going to be two pounds lighter--and that's that!

I'll be back to let you know how it went today.

beach bum
04-25-2012, 11:41 AM
Good Morning Ladies:)

Yesterday evening just before the sun went down,I heard sawing from the front yard. It was the kid that cut down the trees & flowering brushes that he cut down by accident. When I asked him what he was doing I told him I was the buildings trustee, he said he was going to cut the stumps even with the ground and take then out. The next thing I knew he was gone.This morning I see that all the stumps were removed. I could cry,what that stupid kid done the flowering bushes[azaleas & roddies] were at least 3 feet high and now they are gone. Well its up to the two owners and I'm not going to get involved.

Sun is out and the winds subsided so I will be out walking again.Hopefully I will be able to go down to the beach in May when it gets warmer.

POSTED YESTERDAY but now I see that my post didn't go though o well!!!

SANDRA-I not going to overdue it ,as my back and hip won't permit it,I'll so slow as I have now a week to get the place in shape.

RHONDA-That's what I'm only interested in is where my protein comes from also. I always check my fish but never my meat now since that slime thing in ground meat I'm very weary whats in our food,and how sick its going to make us. Reading your post are make me fell ashamed as I'm so lazy. Your the energy:bunny2: bunny What can I say have a great time taping dancing :goodluck:and break a leg.

PAM-Sorry about your pound,it could be a simple as sodium intake. No I don't think I'd like to be a vegetarian. I'm a Protein Low Carb Gal.I'm here,but like I posted above the site would take my post and I just noticed now.

NANCY-Don't feel bad I have done that several times putting down the amount correctly but writing out a different amount. Oh I love there foods. Was going to TJ this week with my friend but I out of funds and now I have to wait until my check hits the bank.

Have to go ,and start my chores for the day, Have a great day

ontarget
04-25-2012, 05:17 PM
Each morning I've been watching rabbits in our backyard. At least 3 are living in our "briar patch (groundcover roses). This morning 2 of them were out in the open under the bird tree, standing on their hind legs, "boxing" with each other. They were so cute! We will prob see them again later this evening. We're really enjoying them.

I got home from subbing by 2 pm today. The schools are giving state tests and I'm being used to help with classes that are not testing. It's being easy so far. The worst thing that's happened is I fell here at home coming up the front porch. Curtis doctored my owies on my right leg. We're really glad I didn't break any bones.

My weight is up. I didn't get to WW yesterday due to subbing, so I won't have an official WI this week. I'm OP. I just haven't been getting exercise or yardwork the last few days.

Rhonda, you'll have those 2 pounds off quickly. How did the performance go?

Pam, we were rooting for the other guy. Curtis thought Jeremy was resting his "free" foot on the back of his other leg. Did you see that? I'm so ready for this season to be over. We will watch next week to see how everyone's looking, but we won't be very excited over who wins. Well, we'd rather it be Kim.

Maryann, I'm glad you're able to stay out of the plant drama.

Vickie, how's your week? Have you been cooking some of your delicious CORE recipes? I'll bet you're enjoying being back OP. I am. I have had a couple of hiccups, but so far I haven't used all of my WAP's any week.

Nancy, would you write me a check? Make mine for more than you're thinking. How's your new food plan working?

One of the cuts on my leg is burning. Whine whine.....

Tejas
04-25-2012, 11:46 PM
Our performance was good, and much better than we were fearing. We danced and then went out for lunch. We have a class early tomorrow morning, and another performance on Saturday afternoon.

We went out for Mexican food and I had a Margarita, guacamole and tortilla chicken soup. It was great, and so was the nap afterwards. :)

That's sad about the plants Maryann.

pam920
04-26-2012, 12:04 AM
Just got home from shopping all day. It's 11 pm. I'm tired. Shopping is hard work. Got a lot of bargains, and found a few consignment shops. We did good!!!

Be back in the morning.

nancy237
04-26-2012, 12:16 AM
Seems all my projects are in a "wait" mode
Truck needs repair to sell,
Boat needs a check for fuel filter/water in gas..
Bath redo is coming along but slowly
Office clean out is 1/2 done
Land sale is holding to hear back from buyer

I need to find something I can start & finish tomorrow..

I like the food on this new plan. I had 4 grain cereal/nuts/flax/ fruit & almond milk for breakfast ...excellent..I have suspected that wheat may be making my joints worse so I will have to see how this affects them..

beach bum
04-26-2012, 12:13 PM

Nothing new, going out with Rita to BBC going to try the Beef and Guinness Pie with Sweet Potato Fries and house salad. than maybe go for a little walk don by the beach if the wind is not too bad.

SANDRA-Sorry :sorry: for your fall,but happy you didn't break anything. Wow just going up the front steps,did you trip up the stairs or lost your balance. I have to be so careful when I go down to the basement as I have opened stairs and its so easy to fall when you carrying laundry baskets up & down the stairs. Oh that so cute bunny's boxing,but by the time you go your camera the bunny's would of course be gone. Thanks :thanks: no way I going to get involved that up to the two owners.

RHONDA-Thanks,hope they will be able to resolve the problem.

PAM-Happy that you had a good day shopping but until 11 PM,I was sound a sleep when you got home.

NANCY-Hope that all your projects get done soon,its take time so don't worry,[[[[[Rome Wasn't Built in a Day]]]] enjoy and take it easy.Things will get done.

Have to go,have a great day

nancy237
04-26-2012, 01:45 PM
Sandra..totally missed that you fell...Hoping you are not too sore today..
Take it easy if you are ..

ontarget
04-26-2012, 02:08 PM
Hi there. I am at school and just have a sec here.

Rhonda, your Mexican Dinner sounds awesome! I am wanting/needing a margarita right now. :lol:

Nancy, I hope you could get something finished today. I don't like loose ends either. I'm not sore except for 2 owies, I'm all right. Lucky I guess.

Vickie, thinking of you, friend.

Maryann, your lunch sounds good. I know ya'll had a good time.

Got to go. I'll be getting off shortly and will head home.

nancy237
04-26-2012, 07:17 PM
Sold an old army trailer today..
Worked on my office cleanout ..
I made a list of May goals and just need to accept that most are
a process..
The bath redo is going fine and will be done next week..
The yard sale in May will help so much to clear stuff out..

ontarget
04-26-2012, 07:41 PM
Nancy, you've been busy.

nancy237
04-26-2012, 08:27 PM
Nancy, you've been busy.

...but why does it seem that no matter how much I clean out, there is more..:dizzy:

ontarget
04-26-2012, 08:45 PM
I guess because there's always more. We have the same thing going here.

Tejas
04-27-2012, 12:01 AM
:wave:

Very tired tonight after a busy day!

Tejas
04-27-2012, 06:27 AM
And, now, at 4:30AM, wide awake! :)

nancy237
04-27-2012, 04:59 PM
Where is everyone today ???

Bath tile is down & its looking good.. Tomorrow he paints & then it should be done by Monday..

Sold Robin's Army Trailer. That was hard because he really loved it & it was his Dad's ..But no one in the family wanted it and its not useful for normal stuff because it's so high..The guy also bought a huge water tank that I have wondered how to get rid of. After the bath guy gets his stuff out of the garage I am going to use the whole garage for Yard Sale Stuff..I will put the outdoor /garage stuff I am keeping into the shed..Almost through sorting my office & I finished the attic last night . I decided to just leave about 10 boxes to sort later..They are boxed & neat and wlll slow me down now..

Having dinner with friends tonight and going to see Duke's Lemur Center tomorrow with my grandson..

My cat will not use the litter box if there is even one incident in it..I try to keep it scooped but this morning he went in my dining room.. He is going to have to be outside during the day & in at night.

Tejas
04-27-2012, 06:15 PM
Nancy, I wonder if the cat is responding to all the activity going on in the house?

That's great news about the trailer, even though it was hard to do. It's good that someone needs it and will use it. And, things are moving forward--very good. Thank goodness the bath work is moving along.

I've been very lazy today and enjoying it. My legs are very sore after yesterday's workout and I hope they're better tomorrow before our tap performance :eek:

We might have a family dinner tonight if we can round up everyone. If not, well, we won't.

Tomorrow is crazy busy and DH said he would be my chauffeur because I have to be so many different places downtown in a short period of time and the JazzFest traffic will make parking impossible. That was really sweet of him--he hates driving.

That's my news, other than I've eaten too many carbs already. :shrug:

ontarget
04-27-2012, 07:50 PM
I'm home and am feeling like a bird out of a cage. We celebrated with Mexican food. I almost got a margarita but decided not. My points are high today. I have a few WAP's left for this week. Guess I need to do some exercising to earn some AP's.

Nancy, I understand your mixed feelings about selling things. You are doing the right thing.

Rhonda, kudos to Doyle for chaffeuring.

I should finish Book 3 Hunger Games this weekend (maybe tonight). It's good!

Tejas
04-27-2012, 10:00 PM
We went out for Mexican food too. I had chicken breast with guacamole and hardly any chips. No Margarita either Sanadra, just water.

I am very tired and a bit grumpy. I'm going to bake a pie for the restaurant people again..they requested "Rancher's Pie"...buttermilk pie with coconut and pineapple. I can't understand why that has anything to do with Ranchers but that's what it is called.

I should'a had the Margarita! :)

ontarget
04-27-2012, 10:47 PM
That pie sounds delicious. (I had chips.)

Tejas
04-27-2012, 11:44 PM
In 5 more minutes I'm putting the pie together and baking it. The crust mixture is cooling now. For the first time, I used the food processor to mix the crust. I think I prefer the old-fashioned way.

I'm having wine! One glass..then to the hot tub.

nancy237
04-28-2012, 12:37 AM
In 5 more minutes I'm putting the pie together and baking it. The crust mixture is cooling now. For the first time, I used the food processor to mix the crust. I think I prefer the old-fashioned way.

I'm having wine! One glass..then to the hot tub.

On my way over !!!!

nancy237
04-28-2012, 12:43 AM
Nancy, I wonder if the cat is responding to all the activity going on in the house?

That's great news about the trailer, even though it was hard to do. It's good that someone needs it and will use it.

Good point about the activity..He goes on my bathrug too so I never leave a bathrug down..Now he is out and I am worried..

That makes me feel better to think of it being used & needed now..Thanks..

beach bum
04-28-2012, 11:56 AM

noticed that my post of yesterday didn't appear on the thread so I saved it and here it is.

Had a great time at BBC but it was too cold to walk and the end of our meal.Today I'm going out with Mary to see a movie called [Five-Year Engagement] Its comedy and we like comedies.I know it only Friday but I have but I have another engagement on Sunday with other friends that in my church group.Mary and Rita are not involved with them. We will either eat a meal at the cinema pub or another restaurant. Not afraid of eating out twice as yesterday even I didn't eat anything but fruit and I lost .5 so I do the same tonight.

SANDRA-We did have a good time,but I ended up eating a apple crisp with a scoop of vanilla ice cream as the proceeds would to to our solders. When I ordered it my friend shook:D her head and I told her I would eat it with pride for our soldiers all over the world.

NANCY-Didn't you know that the stuff you collect, are like rabbits they multiply. I feel I going through the same thing just can't keep up once I finish cleaning out the basement than it time to clean out the junk room upstairs. :goodluck: in you garage sale next month.

RHONDA-I command you to take the weekend off and REST. You're making me dizzy with all the things your doing and up to,but that's me, I gotten lazy the last couple of months.

Have to go out before I meet Mary,Have a great day

Now for today's post hope it will take.

We didn't like the movie Five Year Engagement its suppose to be comedy,it wasn't funny at all, I maybe laughed twice.

Today I'm going out food shopping for stables and this afternoon my handy man is coming to put my toilet seat on,as I can't move the nuts that holding the seat in place.

Lost another two lbs this week

NANCY-I had problems getting on the board yesterday.Wow that's wonderful that everything is going on plan I sure it looking look.I should do something with my bathroom but first I have to buy and get my binds in the windows before the next project starts. I agree with the ladies you did the right thing selling your husband trailing. I don't know whats wrong with kids today my sister and I was happy to have a pc of my mom's things to remember her by. I can't get any of my kids to take stuff from their fathers. I had to force them and now they won't take anything I want to give them like my good china & silverware set.

RHONDA-Take care of that leg especially when you have to tap dance tomorrow.

SANDRA-I love Mexican food and haven't had it since we don't have good Mexican restaurant up here but when I go down to NY that's a different story. I never missed Margarita's as I had one on a cruise and I didn't like it.

Have to go and get my grocery shopping done. Have a great day

Vickie
04-28-2012, 12:40 PM
Good Morning Chicks! I had a busy week and today will be busy too. I'm still going to be in PT for my foot for at least 4 more weeks, twice a week. I'm not sure it's helping any more but I'm obedient. Today is a family birthday party celebrating my Niece and her two daughters, my Great Nieces. I'm happy with the presents I bought an happy to know they will enjoy them. The food will not be healthy for the most part but I'll try to make the best choices I can.

Nancy, you are making progress even though you don't feel that you are. Slowly but surely, as you are ready. We need to do more rooms too but we have a priority list and limited funds so we need to move slowly. I agree with Rhonda. The upheaval could be upsetting your cat OR it could be a UTI. Did he come home?

Sandra, you sound like you are doing terrific. You have to enjoy your life a bit while keeping on program. I'm doing well but not great. I just requested Hunger Games from the library. I hope I like it. I always liked futuristic Science Fiction as long as it doesn't get too spooky.

Rhonda, I'm sorry you're hurting. Maybe you can get rich on your pies! Are they going to sell this one? You could make more faster if you continue to use the mixer. Especially, if this is going to be a money maker. I've been grumpy too....still am. I wonder what's up with that? And, I'm not sleeping great either. Maybe it had something to do with the dreaded annual genie exam yesterday?! Hope you and your chauffeur are doing well today.

I said hello to Sloan on FB. She seems to be doing well. If you are friends with her on FB you should go check out her latest painting. REALLY impressive!

Pam.....how's life?

I've procrastinated all week so now I have to go wrap the bazillion presents.

Vickie
04-28-2012, 12:41 PM
Congratulations, Mary Ann! That is a fabulous loss. Great job.

ontarget
04-28-2012, 09:01 PM
Congratulations, Maryann. That's a good loss.

Rhonda, hot tub and wine sounds good to me.

Vickie, I'm sorry you still are having to go to PT. Is your foot feeling any better? I hope so.

Curtis and I worked outside all afternoon (about 4 hours). We are both exhausted and are settled in for the evening. Tomorrow our church is having a potluck. After that we're going to a housewarming for friends from our former church. There's going to be food everywhere tomorrow. :dizzy:

Tejas
04-28-2012, 10:13 PM
What a day! I didn't follow your commandment Maryann. ;)

I went to a meeting at the restaurant where I took the pie; a demonstration; to see my great niece perform; and performed with my dance troupe; then went to granddaughter's second birthday. In an hour I am meeting my niece and her grandson and we are going to go hear more music at the Jazzfest. :crazy:

My eating has been a bit chaotic but right now I'm having my "garden in a glass"--V8, cucumber, broccoli, celery--not quite pureed--with hot sauce! Delicious.

Maryann, congrats on those 2 pounds! I need to join you.

Nancy, I'm glad my comments helped.

Vickie, I really hope that your foot gets better soon. When the feet hurt, the whole body hurts.

Sandra, my church is having a pot luck too. It must be that time. I might have to make my chocolate cake in the morning. Or not :)

We'll be joining some family for breakfast in the morning, so I'll have some food challenges too. Isn't every day a $&@# food challenge?!

ontarget
04-28-2012, 10:35 PM
I'm taking a chicken salad. Just finished making it, so all I have to do in the morning is put it in the proper dish.

You're right, Rhonda. Every day is a test. I need a curve! Well, I have curves, but they are too big.

Tejas
04-29-2012, 04:17 PM
:wave:

Busy day today! I didn't go back out last night, but now I'm going to hear the music, and then to a meeting!

Rhonda

ontarget
04-29-2012, 08:47 PM
I am a bad Chickie. Need I say more? Tomorrow is a new day.