Ideal Protein Diet - IP Daily Chat Monday 04/23/2012

View Full Version : IP Daily Chat Monday 04/23/2012

rissimo
04-23-2012, 06:48 AM
Welcome back to the Daily Chat thread - post your plans for today, share what's been happening, ask questions!

:welcome3:

Some forum lingo:
NSV = Non-scale victory
TOM = time of the month
WI = Weigh-in
WF = Walden Farms
OP = on program

Bookmarking:
Ideal Protein Sub-forum Home page
Consider making it a bookmark or a favorite in your browser so you can come back easily to get your RDA of Ideal Protein information.
Ideal Protein Sub-forum Home Page (http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/ideal-protein-diet-236/)

Information for newbies:
Check the sticky page for lots of good information and please read before asking what might be a frequently asked question here in the daily thread: Information on Ideal Protein phases (1-4), recipes, newbie guide, FAQ, and other important threads. (http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/ideal-protein-diet/238801-ip-ultimate-list-recipes-faq-newbie-guide-other-important-threads.html)

Tickers and Signatures:
There are 2 requirements to have access to signatures and tickers. You must have been a member of 3fatchicks for 20 days AND posted at least 20 messages anywhere on the 3fatchicks forum. When you've met those requirements check The Ultimate Signature and Ticker Thread (http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/announcements-forum-help/203435-ultimate-one-stop-signature-ticker-thread-read-here-if-you-have-questions.html)for more information and instructions.

Quoting:
The best quoting tip (http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/announcements-forum-help/203435-ultimate-one-stop-signature-ticker-thread-read-here-if-you-have-questions.html)- EVER!! Thanks Rosie, aka 6710.

Searching:
If you can't find what you're looking for in this forum using the website search function, try using the "double search" using Google.

1) Go to google.com. Search 3fatchicks by using the term site:3fatchicks.com at the end of your google search.

For example, if you want to look for "big mac in a bowl", type "big mac in a bowl site:3fatchicks.com" in google search. No need to inlucde the quotation marks when you type.

2) This will bring up the page that you are looking for, now hit Ctrl+F to search on that page. Type "big mac in a bowl" and all instances of that search term will be highlighted.

Progress photos:
have been moved to the Mini-Goal Photo Album. (http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/mini-goals-201/)

Other helpful links related to the Ideal Protein diet:
Dr. Tran Tien Chanh's website (http://www.trantiendiet.com/site/spip.php?rubrique19)

Dr. Tran Tien Chanh's book (PDF file): The Unbalanced Diet Approach to a Slimmer You

Billster
04-23-2012, 07:42 AM
Well I’m jumping right in nice and early this morning! 1 Ĺ hours left of my first of 4 night shifts, but it’s also very sad as I gave my notice at work and my last day is Thursday, the government of Alberta offered me a job I could not turn down, I guess the 4 months of interviews and security clearances were worth it! 26 days until the wedding! We meet and pay our JP this Thursday, a bit stressed as I am not buying any clothing until the week of, what if I can’t find anything??? Minor Bride crisis lol! Feeling REALLY good about WI on Friday, its been a good week for me and I have jumped on my scale once or twice at home and its going to be a huge WOOSH week for me! I have however found my mind set on food changing, I don’t enjoy food like I use to, it’s just fuel for my body, I don’t eat my feelings anymore, I cope with my feelings in other ways (emotional eaters will get this!) I had a great weekend cleaning out my clothes that are too big and moving in some of my smaller stuff, nothing better than shopping in your own closet! I hope everyone have a wonderful OP weekend and a great Monday! Sorry about the ramble I have been awake all night! Xoxox ~Billie~

3sisters
04-23-2012, 07:55 AM
Good Morning everyone! I have a dumb question. When I see some of you mentioning your husbands you use "DH". I can figure out the "H" but what does the "D" stand for? I've seen the "D" used with other relationships as well. Hope everyone has a great, easy, OP day!

Cadu
04-23-2012, 08:18 AM
Well I’m jumping right in nice and early this morning! 1 Ĺ hours left of my first of 4 night shifts, but it’s also very sad as I gave my notice at work and my last day is Thursday, the government of Alberta offered me a job I could not turn down, I guess the 4 months of interviews and security clearances were worth it! 26 days until the wedding! We meet and pay our JP this Thursday, a bit stressed as I am not buying any clothing until the week of, what if I can’t find anything??? Minor Bride crisis lol! Feeling REALLY good about WI on Friday, its been a good week for me and I have jumped on my scale once or twice at home and its going to be a huge WOOSH week for me! I have however found my mind set on food changing, I don’t enjoy food like I use to, it’s just fuel for my body, I don’t eat my feelings anymore, I cope with my feelings in other ways (emotional eaters will get this!) I had a great weekend cleaning out my clothes that are too big and moving in some of my smaller stuff, nothing better than shopping in your own closet! I hope everyone have a wonderful OP weekend and a great Monday! Sorry about the ramble I have been awake all night! Xoxox ~Billie~

Billie congrats on the new job. I agree to wait to buy your clothing. Dont worry you will find something. I noticed that everything looks so much cuter in smaller sizes. I cant wait to get to goal to buy some cute summer clothes. Keep up that positive attitude and keep sharing it, it is infectious. :hug:

Good Morning everyone! I have a dumb question. When I see some of you mentioning your husbands you use "DH". I can figure out the "H" but what does the "D" stand for? I've seen the "D" used with other relationships as well. Hope everyone has a great, easy, OP day!

The D stands for dear or darling.
or on bad days it could stand for dumb, doofus, dingbat (just kidding)

Have a great on plan day everybody!

prettyone
04-23-2012, 08:19 AM
Good Morning All

Im on day 3 of IP so far so good. The craving are slowly going away and Im handling myself pretty good. Im finding my likes and dislikes and so far the pudding is not my favorite. Going to try to put it in some iced coffee to see if I can get that to work. Good Luck and have a good day!

Cadu
04-23-2012, 08:22 AM
Good Morning All

Im on day 3 of IP so far so good. The craving are slowly going away and Im handling myself pretty good. Im finding my likes and dislikes and so far the pudding is not my favorite. Going to try to put it in some iced coffee to see if I can get that to work. Good Luck and have a good day!

Good morning pretty one. you can also add more water to the pudding and ice and make a thick shake.

prettyone
04-23-2012, 08:31 AM
Well Iím jumping right in nice and early this morning! 1 Ĺ hours left of my first of 4 night shifts, but itís also very sad as I gave my notice at work and my last day is Thursday, the government of Alberta offered me a job I could not turn down, I guess the 4 months of interviews and security clearances were worth it! 26 days until the wedding! We meet and pay our JP this Thursday, a bit stressed as I am not buying any clothing until the week of, what if I canít find anything??? Minor Bride crisis lol! Feeling REALLY good about WI on Friday, its been a good week for me and I have jumped on my scale once or twice at home and its going to be a huge WOOSH week for me! I have however found my mind set on food changing, I donít enjoy food like I use to, itís just fuel for my body, I donít eat my feelings anymore, I cope with my feelings in other ways (emotional eaters will get this!) I had a great weekend cleaning out my clothes that are too big and moving in some of my smaller stuff, nothing better than shopping in your own closet! I hope everyone have a wonderful OP weekend and a great Monday! Sorry about the ramble I have been awake all night! Xoxox ~Billie~

Good Luck on the new job. I cant wait to do some closet cleaning for good and get rid of the just in case bigger clothes I keep holding onto. Its time to finally let them go. Enjoy shopping

prettyone
04-23-2012, 08:34 AM
Good morning pretty one. you can also add more water to the pudding and ice and make a thick shake.

Good Morning Cadu. I tried that last night and it was a failed mission. LOL Or maybe it was just the taste of the chocolate pudding. I put it in the freezer and tried to eat it like ice cream not a good taste. Im not a big coffee drinker but I just made a cup and put it in the freezer to cool and going to try to add the dry powder and a stevia to it and pray for the best :^:. Do you like the pudding? I;ve been reading and been getting mixed reviews.

Chloe222
04-23-2012, 08:46 AM
Good Morning All

Prettyone,
You can a touch of extract to the drinks/puddings to help with the taste.

Well Iím jumping right in nice and early this morning! 1 Ĺ hours left of my first of 4 night shifts, but itís also very sad as I gave my notice at work and my last day is Thursday, the government of Alberta offered me a job I could not turn down, I guess the 4 months of interviews and security clearances were worth it! 26 days until the wedding! We meet and pay our JP this Thursday, a bit stressed as I am not buying any clothing until the week of, what if I canít find anything??? Minor Bride crisis lol! Feeling REALLY good about WI on Friday, its been a good week for me and I have jumped on my scale once or twice at home and its going to be a huge WOOSH week for me! I have however found my mind set on food changing, I donít enjoy food like I use to, itís just fuel for my body, I donít eat my feelings anymore, I cope with my feelings in other ways (emotional eaters will get this!) I had a great weekend cleaning out my clothes that are too big and moving in some of my smaller stuff, nothing better than shopping in your own closet! I hope everyone have a wonderful OP weekend and a great Monday! Sorry about the ramble I have been awake all night! Xoxox ~Billie~

Congrats on the new job! And fingers crossed for big WOOSH!

SewingMomma
04-23-2012, 09:05 AM
I picked up a 35 pound bag of dog food this morning and realized that I was carrying two of those on my body. Woah! That's a lot of weight! I still have one of those left to lose.

WingnutandMe
04-23-2012, 09:07 AM
Prettyone,

I agree with Chloe. I'm not real fond of the flavor of the puddings alone, but you can do some wonderful stuff with extracts and 0 0 0 flavorings, either Torani or DaVinci. Here's some ideas I've collected as part of my recipe "book."
Molly

SHAKE IT UP! Getting more from your shakes
1. Add up to 2 cups (16 oz / 450 milligrams) of water. It adds no extra calories and the taste doesnít suffer. (Although for Cappuccino I use 1 3/4 cup for a stronger flavor) You will get about 3 big glasses vs. 1 and be very filling.

2. Make the shakes in a blender, not a shaker. The pulse creates much more volume and often creates a delicious froth of foam like an old thyme soda shop.

3. Add 3-5 large ice cubes to the blender to make a thicker, colder drink.

4. Pour yourself 1 glass and enjoy. Before pouring your next glass, pulse the remainder in the blender again to refresh for the perfect shake without separation of foam/drink.

5. Experiment with different flavors. I liked the chocolate so much I was hesitant to try anything else. But the fruit flavors blend up with much more volume and zing and taste like Orange Julius or Smoothies. I usually have a chocolate shake in the morning and a fruit flavored shake for night snack. Even the Pink Lemonade and Blueberry/Cranberry/Pomegranate drinks frothed up amazingly in the blender, so they felt like smoothies rather than a plain drink.

Orange Julius
Orange drink
2 tsp egg whites
Dash of vanilla
Pack of stevia or vanilla stevia to replace the vanilla and packet
3 ice cubes

Blend flavors
Orange Chocolate: In a container with a sealable lid, pour in 1 package Orange Drink with 1 Package Chocolate. Pour half of the mix in the blender with 2 cups cold water. Add ice. (Save other half of mix for another day). So Amazing. My favorite blend.

Chocolate Coconut (Bounty/ Mounds): Mix 1 package of Chocolate with 1 package of Pina Colada (Note that the pineapple in the pina colada changes the flavor from a pure choco-coconut, but itís still really good.

Try add ins
Some examples:
a) Chocolate: Add a pinch of cinnamon, a pinch of cardamom and a pinch of good Indian chili powder to make a spicy "Mexican Frozen Hot Chocolate"
Gingerbread Chocolate: Add a pinch or two of gingerbread spice (cinnamon, cloves, ginger, allspice)
Chocolate Pumpkin Pie: Add a pinch or two of pumpkin pie spice (cinnamon, nutmeg, cloves, allspice)

b) Flavoring/ Extracts: Try a drop or two of flavored Stevia or other extracts to really change the tastes. Try the baking aisle of your grocery store, health stores, ebay or http://www.stevia.com/

Choco-Mint (add Peppermint Stevia/ Peppermint extract)
Rum Chocolate (add Rum extract)
Mint Julep: (Add Spearmint (or Peppermint) to Pink Lemonade)
Chocolate Orange (add Valencia Orange Stevia)
Raspberry Chocolate (add Chocolate Raspberry Stevia)
"Nutella" / "Geisha" Chocolate Hazelnut (add Hazelnut Stevia)
Chocolate Caramel (add English Toffee Stevia)
Chocolate Covered Apricot (add Apricot Nectar Stevia)
Chocolate Arrack (add Arraksarom - Arrack Extract)

vanilla pudding made as a drink with 2 tsp or so of peach mango powder, 1/4 tsp cinnamon, and 1/8 tsp sea salt shaken with ice...tastes just like peach cobbler

marshmallow creme with the choc pudding or shake and makes a smoothie kinda..with ice in the blender..he says it makes it creamier.

HOLIDAY HOT TODDIES
Ingredients:
1 Packet IP Drink or Pudding
Water (up to 2 cups / 5 dl / 16oz to taste)
Optional: 1 packet Truvia, Splenda, or other sugar substitute
Spices as listed

Directions:
1. Mix IP Drink or IP Pudding with up to 2 cups of cold water. Blend until no lumps. (I use a blender)
2. Add in Spices (see below) and mix
3. Pour a portion into a microwave safe mug (3/4 full) and heat.

NOTE! Heating may cause the liquid to overflow, so watch carefully, or use a different larger container to heat the liquid and then pour it into your mug.

With the extra water, this makes 3-4 mugs of delicious hot drinks. Heat one drink and save the rest to re-heat and enjoy over the space of a few hours. Really great to bring to work to microwave to get you through the day. All the below suggestions use up to 2 cups water.

NOTE 1:
You can substitute herbal tea or coffee for the water in any of these. For example, using Peppermint tea and vanilla IP Pudding makes a really subtle Hot Vanilla Candy Cane if you donít want to add peppermint extract. Adding Bengal Spice Tea or Coffee to the Butter Rum recipe makes it a Caramel Chai/ Caramel Coffee. Use your imagination.

Suggestions:
1. PULLA (Finnish Sweet Buns)
IP Vanilla Pudding
1 tsp or more Cinnamon
1 tsp vanilla extract OR Vanilla seeds from Pod (I use Vanilla seeds and stir the drink with the pod to infuse with more vanilla flavor)
1/2 - 1 tsp cardamom

2. BUTTER RUM
IP Butterscotch Pudding
1 packet Truvia or other sweetener
1/2-1 tsp Rum extract
Optional: Dash of cinnamon

3. GINGERBREAD
IP Chocolate Drink/ IP Chocolate Pudding/ or IP Vanilla Pudding
1/2 - 1 tsp Gingerbread Spice (cinnamon, ginger, nutmeg, cloves, allspice. Optional: orange peel)

4. PUMPKIN PIE
IP Vanilla Pudding (can also use IP Chocolate Drink/ IP Chocolate Pudding)
1/2 TB or more Da Vinci/ Torani Sugar-Free Pumpkin Pie Syrup (The Torani version also has a hint of pumpkin flavor in it which is great)
You can also use Pumpkin Pie spice, but itís almost identical to Gingerbread spice above.
Optional: 1 packet Truvia or other sweetener (The syrup doesnít need it. The spice alone does)

5. CANDY CANE
IP Chocolate Drink/ IP Chocolate Pudding / or IP Vanilla Pudding
1/2 - 1 tsp Peppermint extract

6. MEXICAN HOT CHOCOLATE
IP Chocolate Drink/ IP Chocolate Pudding
1 tsp or more cinnamon
1/4 - 1/2 tsp hot chili (I use Indian chili powder)
Optional: Nutmeg or cardamom
(I don't use sweetener on this to keep the chocolate a bit bitter)

7. NUTELLA
IP Chocolate Drink / IP Chocolate Pudding
1 tsp or more Da Vinci / Torani Sugar-Free Hazelnut Syrup
or
1 tsp Almond or Hazelnut extract

8. BOUNTY (Chocolate Coconut)
1 tsp or more Sugar-Free Coconut Syrup

9. CHRISTMAS ORANGE
1 tsp Orange extract (or 1-2 drops Valencia Orange Stevia liquid)

10. LEMON POPPY SEED
IP Lemon Pudding
1 tsp Poppy Seeds
Dash of nutmeg
Dash of cinnamon

Root Beer float
Ingredients:
1 Package IP Vanilla Pudding
2 tsp Root Beer Extract
1 Package Sweetener (like Truvia/ Splenda)
3-4 ice cubes
Up to 2 cups cold water
Optional: 1 oz milk (if you donít use in your morning coffee)

Directions:
1. In a blender, add up to 2 cups cold water
2. If using the 1 oz milk, add that as well
3. Add in 2 tsp Root Beer Extract
4. Add 1 package sweetener.
5. Blend until smooth
6. Add ice cubes and blend until they are crushed and the shake is thick.

mom3girls63
04-23-2012, 09:11 AM
Good Morning all! Yep, I am a newbie and on day 2! So far, so good. I have not tried the soup packets yet. Does anyone have a preference for the soup flavors? Are they good? I am not a soup fan in general and I do not have a microwave at home. Was just wondering how you all handle them.

Also, my plan for the day - I have my snack bag of "whoppers" that I will use if my hunger overwhelms me, otherwise I am going to have my shake for lunch with a salad from Wendys (yes, I am picking out all the non-plan stuff). I have to get out of the office for lunch just to clear my mind and I think one of their salads (sans dressing) will help fulfill some of the veggie requirements.

Have a great day all!

NavyMommy
04-23-2012, 09:15 AM
Good morning!!

Remember me? Lol, it feels like it's been forever since I have been able to log on here. We're getting settled back in and I finally have internet again :)

Since I stopped P1 of IP I have gained about 5lbs, when I weighed in on my scale last Thursday I was 171. However, I started IP full force again and this morning I am actually below my last posted weight. Weighed in this morning at 164.4. My new official WI days will be Tuesday since I'm going tomorrow to meet with a new IP coach and get 'officially' started again. I'm feeling great, tons of energy and I can see the changes to my body already, just from the glycogen stores leaving again. I defiantly put some weight back on in my tummy because that's not nearly as flat as it was, but I know it will come with time. Really hoping to be at goal by June when we go to the beach for a week.

I hope everyone has a great IP day and I look forward to participating again! :)

Sewmam
04-23-2012, 09:15 AM

What a wonderful, exciting time for you! I think we all are loving your journey!

Sewmam
04-23-2012, 09:18 AM
Good Morning All

I didn't like most of the puddings or drinks either, but then I started combining them with the ready-made vanilla shake and it made a big difference - plus I diluted it with another cup of water and poured over ice. It makes two servings, so you just keep one for later.

Sewmam
04-23-2012, 09:29 AM
Good morning everybody! It's beautiful and sunny here, a bit cool, but lovely. I can't believe the folks on the East Coast have to deal with a snow storm now...

I made the mistake last night of getting on the scale around midnight and was up 5 pds from a week ago, got rather depressed, re-evaluated everything and resolved to increase exercise, limit snacks, etc., then had an IP shake for breakfast (I'm on Phase 4, so I did not have the usual breakfast) and my tea, and weighed myself again, this time without my flannel nightgown on, and having had a BM. Now I'm actually down 1.5 pds from last week. I should know better...always weigh the same time, the same way. I haven't had a scale in years and finally bought one as I entered Phase 4, but still don't get on it but once a week.

I'm glad for the experience though. I can always use a reset and re-eval to keep myself honest. I increased my elliptical, rebounder and crunches this morning as well. This Phase 4 journey is a lifetime one and I will find the way to do it for me.

Hope you all have an incredible day!

Sewmam
04-23-2012, 09:32 AM
wow, Molly, these are great! I'm copying them right now! I don't really 'need' to have them in Phase 4, but I find the IP products to be very useful and serve as snacks or desserts that I don't have to worry about the fat or carbs in.

Thanks!

Sewmam
04-23-2012, 09:40 AM
I picked up a 35 pound bag of dog food this morning and realized that I was carrying two of those on my body. Woah! That's a lot of weight! I still have one of those left to lose.

Had a similar moment when I tried to lift a 70 pd sand bag for my truck. I couldn't move it, and thought, I lost 2 of those !!!

Good Morning all! Yep, I am a newbie and on day 2! So far, so good. I have not tried the soup packets yet. Does anyone have a preference for the soup flavors? Are they good? I am not a soup fan in general and I do not have a microwave at home. Was just wondering how you all handle them.

Welcome ! Great forum with lots of helpful people! I tended to do the same thing everyday for lunch - I'd boil up my vegees, then puree them with an immersion blender, then mix up the soup in the shaker and add to the pot just to warm it up. I liked the chicken, mushroom and brocoli soups, and the potato puree for a soup too. It makes a big bowl this way and was very satisfying. You can add your own spices, parsely, etc., to vary it.

Good luck!

Good morning!!

Remember me? Lol, it feels like it's been forever since I have been able to log on here. We're getting settled back in and I finally have internet again :)

:)

Welcome back and good luck!!! I think I'd really miss the folks on this forum if I couldn't login anymore. Great group of people.

Manda Marie
04-23-2012, 09:43 AM
Good Morning All,

I went to a birthday dinner for a friend on Saturday. It was tough tough tough. A couple of my favorite foods were served (I won't describe here!), but I didn't have ANY. NOT A BITE.

What I did instead was a mini cheat. One of the appetizers was jalapeno poppers. I had three....they weren't breaded or fried but were baked. It was peppers, cream cheese, and bacon. I suppose my cheat could have been worse?? At least there weren't any carbs except for the veggies.

Also I have discovered shirataki noodles and vegan cream cheese and rhubarb - not all together!

I'll post the shirataki noodles recipe in the recipe thread. I won't share the vegan cream cheese recipe since it's not strickly OP (though low carb and low fat). A little cheese, or in the case "cheese" ha ha, hasn't affected my negatively. If you want the recipe, send me a note. Rhubarb recipe I got from the threads here - stew it down and sweeten however you like. So good - I used cinnamon and Spenda Brown Sugar.

Had a weigh in today - down 3 pounds (TOM), and 5 inches! My waist was even down an inch. It feels HUGE since pending TOM. I lost 3 inches in my thighs. I actually could feel that one. I LOVE IP.

Question - my TOM was supposed to start this past weekend, and I certainly felt the PMS symptoms, but it hasn't shown up yet. Anyone experience this? (and, no, I'm not preggo!!!!)

Good luck everyone!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

kellycg102
04-23-2012, 09:46 AM
Good Morning All

I have discovered that the chocolate pudding is not a fav of mine at all......and I am a chocoholic! I really like the vanilla RTS containers, but I also add like 2 tsp of cocoa to it and ummmmm yep pretty delish!

Also, my plan for the day - I have my snack bag of "whoppers" that I will use if my hunger overwhelms me, otherwise I am going to have my shake for lunch with a salad from Wendys (yes, I am picking out all the non-plan stuff). I have to get out of the office for lunch just to clear my mind and I think one of their salads (sans dressing) will help fulfill some of the veggie requirements.

Have a great day all!

Tomato Basil soup............GAG!!! horrible...in my opinion. The only other one I have tried is the broccolli and cheddar and I really like it.

Good morning everybody! It's beautiful and sunny here, a bit cool, but lovely. I can't believe the folks on the East Coast have to deal with a snow storm now...

I made the mistake last night of getting on the scale around midnight and was up 5 pds from a week ago, got rather depressed, re-evaluated everything and resolved to increase exercise, limit snacks, etc., then had an IP shake for breakfast (I'm on Phase 4, so I did not have the usual breakfast) and my tea, and weighed myself again, this time without my flannel nightgown on, and having had a BM. Now I'm actually down 1.5 pds from last week. I should know better...always weigh the same time, the same way. I haven't had a scale in years and finally bought one as I entered Phase 4, but still don't get on it but once a week.

I'm glad for the experience though. I can always use a reset and re-eval to keep myself honest. I increased my elliptical, rebounder and crunches this morning as well. This Phase 4 journey is a lifetime one and I will find the way to do it for me.

Good for you for jumping right up and figuring out how to get on track, even tho everything was fine. That is huge, hoping I can do that because this body is soooooo tired of yo yo dieting.

Yes I am one of the lucky ones to be enjoying the snow today......actually not really, because I am stuck in the house with 2 sick kids! Fevers again!!!! They just seem to be passing things back and forth, poor little mites.

Got thru a get together yesterday with BBQ hotdogs (fav) and Hamburgers......white buns, and cupcakes!!!!! I think I have had like 5 different days of getting thru something like this since I started IP and I have done well, completely OP. Funny there was another lady there doing IP too, and I could really tell the difference between her coach and mine. I said something like I am going to have a half a burger and take some away from my dinner, and she said oh well I won't be having any....she is "cheating" LOL I explained to her she could split her dinner protein up a bit if she needs to or wants to and she said oh thats a good idea. So funny. Anyway have a great day everyone.....staying OP:carrot:

LSJ100
04-23-2012, 09:48 AM
Wow you ladies are on the ball this morning! Already so many great ideas on here! I just bought some Peppermint flavored liquid stevia and I'm excited to try some of the shake ideas. I don't have a way to make a shake while I'm at work during the week, but I tried it for lunch on Saturday with the two cups of spinach blended in and it was so awesome to have everything I needed to eat in one delicious drink! Last night I had a dream that I ate a grilled cheese sandwich and I actually woke up feeling depressed...I was so glad when I realized it was a dream! Thanks for the great tips already today everyone!

Chloe222
04-23-2012, 10:01 AM

Isn't that amazing? You can't lift half of the weight you lost and yet you carried it on your body? I feel similarly - lost 25, that's 5 5 pound bags of sugar...so heavy and to think I toted that everywhere! LOL!

Great that you took immediate action and woosh, then it was gone!

BlackSky07
04-23-2012, 10:02 AM
Hi everyone, I just joined and am not familiar on how to use this site. I am new to this IP diet. It's only been a week and I lost 4lbs so far using alternatives. My question is...Has anyone experienced a change with their menstral cycle? I am a few days late which has never happened before.

salmongirl
04-23-2012, 10:02 AM
Good morning!!

Since I stopped P1 of IP I have gained about 5lbs, when I weighed in on my scale last Thursday I was 171. However, I started IP full force again and this morning I am actually below my last posted weight. Weighed in this morning at 164.4. My new official WI days will be Tuesday since I'm going tomorrow to meet with a new IP coach and get 'officially' started again. I'm feeling great, tons of energy and I can see the changes to my body already, just from the glycogen stores leaving again. I defiantly put some weight back on in my tummy because that's not nearly as flat as it was, but I know it will come with time. Really hoping to be at goal by June when we go to the beach for a week.

I hope everyone has a great IP day and I look forward to participating again! :)
Welcome back Navymom! We missed you!

Wow you ladies are on the ball this morning! Already so many great ideas on here! I just bought some Peppermint flavored liquid stevia and I'm excited to try some of the shake ideas. I don't have a way to make a shake while I'm at work during the week, but I tried it for lunch on Saturday with the two cups of spinach blended in and it was so awesome to have everything I needed to eat in one delicious drink! Last night I had a dream that I ate a grilled cheese sandwich and I actually woke up feeling depressed...I was so glad when I realized it was a dream! Thanks for the great tips already today everyone!

I had cheating dreams in the beginning too! Weird eh?

I hope everyone has a great OP day! We will be thinner by nightfall!

offkilter
04-23-2012, 10:07 AM
Good Morning All,

Question - my TOM was supposed to start this past weekend, and I certainly felt the PMS symptoms, but it hasn't shown up yet. Anyone experience this? !

I had PMS for 2 weeks before mine finally showed up. But it did show up eventually!

MustangMolly
04-23-2012, 10:08 AM
Hi everyone, I just joined and am not familiar on how to use this site. I am new to this IP diet. It's only been a week and I lost 4lbs so far using alternatives. My question is...Has anyone experienced a change with their menstral cycle? I am a few days late which has never happened before.

Hi and Welcome. I had changes too my cycle as well. First it was late, then it came early, now it seems to have leveled out.

Manda Marie
04-23-2012, 10:24 AM
I had PMS for 2 weeks before mine finally showed up. But it did show up eventually!

TWO Weeks...:tantrum:
guh! lol

Thanks for the heads up. :)

BlackSky07
04-23-2012, 10:24 AM
Hi and Welcome. I had changes too my cycle as well. First it was late, then it came early, now it seems to have leveled out.

Thanks, I was getting a little worried. I feel like it's coming but nothing! I guess my body is going through hormonal changes on this diet. Hope it comes soon though!

natalie70
04-23-2012, 10:25 AM
Good Morning All,

I went to a birthday dinner for a friend on Saturday. It was tough tough tough. A couple of my favorite foods were served (I won't describe here!), but I didn't have ANY. NOT A BITE.

What I did instead was a mini cheat. One of the appetizers was jalapeno poppers. I had three....they weren't breaded or fried but were baked. It was peppers, cream cheese, and bacon. I suppose my cheat could have been worse?? At least there weren't any carbs except for the veggies.

Also I have discovered shirataki noodles and vegan cream cheese and rhubarb - not all together!

I'll post the shirataki noodles recipe in the recipe thread. I won't share the vegan cream cheese recipe since it's not strickly OP (though low carb and low fat). A little cheese, or in the case "cheese" ha ha, hasn't affected my negatively. If you want the recipe, send me a note. Rhubarb recipe I got from the threads here - stew it down and sweeten however you like. So good - I used cinnamon and Spenda Brown Sugar.

Had a weigh in today - down 3 pounds (TOM), and 5 inches! My waist was even down an inch. It feels HUGE since pending TOM. I lost 3 inches in my thighs. I actually could feel that one. I LOVE IP.

Question - my TOM was supposed to start this past weekend, and I certainly felt the PMS symptoms, but it hasn't shown up yet. Anyone experience this? (and, no, I'm not preggo!!!!)

Good luck everyone!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Since OP my TOM showed up 5 days late last week. Not an encouraging week, I'm up 3# from last weeks weigh in. I really really want to see the #s going the other direction. They should this week. My cravings got the best of me this weekend, I had a little cheat :no: but can't let that stop me now, move on and head the right direction. Good luck this week!!

DanafromAustin
04-23-2012, 10:26 AM
Well Iím jumping right in nice and early this morning! 1 Ĺ hours left of my first of 4 night shifts, but itís also very sad as I gave my notice at work and my last day is Thursday, the government of Alberta offered me a job I could not turn down, I guess the 4 months of interviews and security clearances were worth it! 26 days until the wedding! We meet and pay our JP this Thursday, a bit stressed as I am not buying any clothing until the week of, what if I canít find anything??? Minor Bride crisis lol!
Congrats on your new job, and I'm sure you will find just the perfect outfit for your wedding.

Good Morning All

You are just about through the hardest part of the diet; job well done!
I love the vanilla pudding which I make into a shake every night. I add the 5oz of water, 8 ice cubes, cinnamom and 2 drops of liquid English Toffee Stevia. It hits the spot every night for dessert.

Good morning!!

I've been wondering where you went to. When I got back from my vacation in early March I didn't see you posting anymore. Glad your back.

You could easily be up about 4 pounds at night from your morning (pre breakfast) weigh in. Adding up all the food and water you drank during the day will do it.

Hope everyone has a good Monday. The sun is out and another warm beautiful day here in Austin. It was a busy weekend here. My husband had a defibrillator put in on Friday because we found out last month he has a genetic heart condition that he never knew about. It didn't surface till he was in his 50's. Anyway, he is doing well and came home the next morning and is back to work today. Last week I had a lumpectomy as my biopsy came back as questionable and the only way to fully rule out cancer was to remove the questionable area. Today I go in to get the final pathology report. Keep your fingers crossed for me that they still don't find anything. For two pretty healthy people this has been a very trying month health wise. We compared our incisions and sterile-strips last night, and mine was a drop longer. ;)

Enjoy your OP day...

MustangMolly
04-23-2012, 10:26 AM
Does anyone know if the new Chicken ala King is restricted?

mylastdiet
04-23-2012, 10:27 AM
Good morning!
Wow - I just love reading the posts giving us visuals of what we are doing (heavy bags of sand and dog food). It really is motivating!
After reading them, I ran into the kitchen to lift the new 10 lb bag of potatos my husband bought this weekend. Now I am more motivated than ever to get my next 10 lbs off!
Just a few more bags of spuds equal a big bag of dog food. That's my first big goal - to lose a bag of dog food! LOL!!
Yep, I think I can do this. Have a great day!

DanafromAustin
04-23-2012, 10:28 AM
Thanks, I was getting a little worried. I feel like it's coming but nothing! I guess my body is going through hormonal changes on this diet. Hope it comes soon though!

I don't get TOM anymore (thank goodness), but my daughter said her TOMs have never shown up on time since she started IP last fall. She said she never has any symptoms anymore, so it's always a surprise when she gets it.

CkM
04-23-2012, 10:50 AM
Good Morning everyone. I hope everyones weekend was great! I am meeting with an IP Dr. tomorrow and I am so excited. I love reading the posts and motivation from everyone on the diet through this forum! I am beyond excited to be amognst such a positive/supportive group of people!

I do have a quick question about the diet. What groceries can I purchase before I go to the Dr. tomorrow so I am ready to fully start Wednesday morning? I live a half an hour away from the clinic and have some time tonight to get what groceries I need. Any help would be greatly appreciated!!!

mooselover
04-23-2012, 11:03 AM
Good morning IP'ers :) I went shopping in my closet yesterday too!!! What a difference a week can make. I tried on the same smaller clothes last weekend and they didn't fit, and this weekend they did!!! Now I have clothes that fit that I can take with me this week when I leave for my trip :) That was a great feeling.

I go in for my ultrasound at 4 this afternoon. I am sure I won't know what they find until later on this week. Just hoping the ovarian cyst is what is causing all my TOM issues and it can be taken care of easily.......

Cadu
04-23-2012, 11:07 AM
Congrats on your new job, and I'm sure you will find just the perfect outfit for your wedding.

I love the vanilla pudding which I make into a shake every night. I add the 5oz of water, 8 ice cubes, cinnamom and 2 drops of liquid English Toffee Stevia. It hits the spot every night for dessert.

I've been wondering where you went to. When I got back from my vacation in early March I didn't see you posting anymore. Glad your back.

You could easily be up about 4 pounds at night from your morning (pre breakfast) weigh in. Adding up all the food and water you drank during the day will do it.

Hope everyone has a good Monday. The sun is out and another warm beautiful day here in Austin. It was a busy weekend here. My husband had a defibrillator put in on Friday because we found out last month he has a genetic heart condition that he never knew about. It didn't surface till he was in his 50's. Anyway, he is doing well and came home the next morning and is back to work today. Last week I had a lumpectomy as my biopsy came back as questionable and the only way to fully rule out cancer was to remove the questionable area. Today I go in to get the final pathology report. Keep your fingers crossed for me that they still don't find anything. For two pretty healthy people this has been a very trying month health wise. We compared our incisions and sterile-strips last night, and mine was a drop longer. ;)

Enjoy your OP day...

Dana so happy your DH is doing good. I have my fingers crossed for you. :hug:

Cadu
04-23-2012, 11:08 AM
I also went shopping in my closet. well, my basement actually. I am FINALLY in size 14.. whoo hoooooo I forgot I had all these cute little 14 sundresses, capris & tops. I am so happy today!

Manda Marie
04-23-2012, 11:08 AM

Good Morning everyone. I hope everyones weekend was great! I am meeting with an IP Dr. tomorrow and I am so excited. I love reading the posts and motivation from everyone on the diet through this forum! I am beyond excited to be amognst such a positive/supportive group of people!

I do have a quick question about the diet. What groceries can I purchase before I go to the Dr. tomorrow so I am ready to fully start Wednesday morning? I live a half an hour away from the clinic and have some time tonight to get what groceries I need. Any help would be greatly appreciated!!!

Good luck! Today is the start of my 4th week and I'm down 15 pounds - this program is awesome!

As for food - it really depends on what you like.
Check out the recipe threads here.

My first week I stuck to easy stuff that I already knew I liked. I had stir-fry and stuffed peppers for 4 nights! :) Lunch was soups (didn't like most of them until I added cooked veggies and blended, then broccoli cheese was AWESOME.) And lots of salad.

Here's a basic list that worked for me:
Frozen broccoli and cauliflower
Fresh spinach, lettuce, cucumbers, red peppers, mushrooms
Turnips - sounds weird, I know, but if you slice them in thin thin thin rounds and roast them in the oven with salt, pepper, and paprika....YUMMY
Stir Fry Beef
Individually Packaged Chicken Breasts
Low Fat Ground Beef
Eggs - egg whites go a long way in some recipes! (Check out oatmeal muffin recipes online. So good!)
Olive Oil
Vinegar

I also made sure to get some premade vanilla drink to use as creamer in my coffee. Made a HUGE difference for me.

I have been drinking white and herbal iced teas - they help a bunch at night when I'm bored and previously would have resorted to snacking. I bought some really nice loose leaf fruit flavored teas and they've been great.

One of my coping mechanisms is to just have some food around, so I always have a bar and/or a snack pack.

Oh, one more thing, GET SPICES! In addition to my fancy teas, I treated myself to fancy spices from Penzy. Taco Seasoning, Scicillian Salad Seasoning (goes a LONG way to give the olive oil and vinegar some variety), Bonne Herbs, etc. It's nice to have something different than the usual garlic and onion powder I use. :)

Good luck!:flow1:

evepet
04-23-2012, 11:16 AM
Good morning all. :D

So many good tips already on here. So many good ideas... almost makes me happy I'll be on this program for months - it'll give me time to test them all. But the variety of what can be done is wonderful, and sure breaks the monotony of always preparing things in the same way.

I decided a few days ago to splurge and buy myself a waffle maker. The inspiration came from several recipes using soup and/or puddings as a base. They sounded delicious, and I wanted to test them out. So I'll be experimenting with those as well.

Somebody mentionned that the tomato & basil soup is blah. I'm on alternatives, and using Dr. B's variety (which seems pretty identical in content to the IP version), and found I could really improve it by adding 1 cup of lightly cooked zucchini and some dehydrated onion to it. I blend it all together in my Ninja. I also added a tbsp of WF ketchup to beef up the tomato flavor. Makes it much better, at least imvho.

I also found the recipe for tzaziki (sp?) in the archives menus section over the weekend, and made a very tasty relish using that recipe as a basis. It was a mixture of celery, cucumber, and a splash of lemon juice blended into WF honey mayo. Really good, and a zesty complement to chicken. I often find chicken breast to be a bit dry, and this worked really well. Of course you have to keep track of the veggie count and record accordingly to each meal as you use it.

Here's to a happy and successful IP day for all. :carrot:

P.S. - I can't wait until I can go shopping in my closet! I have a whole wardrobe of summer clothes waiting for me that I'm looking forward to using this summer. In particular a couple of pairs of jeans that I've always loved and will feel so satisfied to again fit into.

hope12
04-23-2012, 11:16 AM

Last year, when I went to see the doctor about the exhaustion during exercise, he said try carrying a 10lb weight when you exercise, and you'll see how the body has to work extra hard to carry the additional weight. It's been amazing not to carry the 10lbs on me :)
This is my 2nd attempt with IP and this time I am 110% motivated to reach my goal and stay on it. So far, I am doing Ok and 100% OP. Hopefully I'll reach my goal in time for Summer :D

hope12
04-23-2012, 11:21 AM
I also went shopping in my closet. well, my basement actually. I am FINALLY in size 14.. whoo hoooooo I forgot I had all these cute little 14 sundresses, capris & tops. I am so happy today!

Yay!! good going Cadu :)

I donated all my "small" clothes after I went from size 6 to 12, after giving up that I'll ever loose weight. I kept a few size 10's which I am now using for work. I am a shortie, so the weight gain shows off pretty fast.

I have decided to put off shopping until I am closer to my goal weight.

hope12
04-23-2012, 11:23 AM
Good morning IP'ers :) I went shopping in my closet yesterday too!!! What a difference a week can make. I tried on the same smaller clothes last weekend and they didn't fit, and this weekend they did!!! Now I have clothes that fit that I can take with me this week when I leave for my trip :) That was a great feeling.

I go in for my ultrasound at 4 this afternoon. I am sure I won't know what they find until later on this week. Just hoping the ovarian cyst is what is causing all my TOM issues and it can be taken care of easily.......

I am keeping my fingers crossed for you. Please keep us posted on how the scan goes.

fredlr
04-23-2012, 11:25 AM
Good Morning All

I could barely get the pudding down - as pudding. So I just added enough water to make it into a drink, and it was pretty good. I liked the banana and the blueberry but thought all of them were pretty good as drinks. Good luck on your journey!!

hope12
04-23-2012, 11:28 AM
Good morning!
Wow - I just love reading the posts giving us visuals of what we are doing (heavy bags of sand and dog food). It really is motivating!
After reading them, I ran into the kitchen to lift the new 10 lb bag of potatos my husband bought this weekend. Now I am more motivated than ever to get my next 10 lbs off!
Just a few more bags of spuds equal a big bag of dog food. That's my first big goal - to lose a bag of dog food! LOL!!
Yep, I think I can do this. Have a great day!

I know the feeling and feel the same way too :) Together we can lose the next 10lbs!!
I've realized that emotional eating caused me to go from size 8 to 12 in a matter of months. And now want to go back..no point being stressed about stuff which is beyond my control.

CkM
04-23-2012, 11:29 AM
Good luck! Today is the start of my 4th week and I'm down 15 pounds - this program is awesome!

My first week I stuck to easy stuff that I already knew I liked. I had stir-fry and stuffed peppers for 4 nights! :) Lunch was soups (didn't like most of them until I added cooked veggies and blended, then broccoli cheese was AWESOME.) And lots of salad.

Turnips - sounds weird, I know, but if you slice them in thin thin thin rounds and roast them in the oven with salt, pepper, and paprika....YUMMY
Stir Fry Beef
Low Fat Ground Beef
Eggs - egg whites go a long way in some recipes! (Check out oatmeal muffin recipes online. So good!)
Olive Oil
Vinegar

I also made sure to get some premade vanilla drink to use as creamer in my coffee. Made a HUGE difference for me.

I have been drinking white and herbal iced teas - they help a bunch at night when I'm bored and previously would have resorted to snacking. I bought some really nice loose leaf fruit flavored teas and they've been great.

One of my coping mechanisms is to just have some food around, so I always have a bar and/or a snack pack.

Oh, one more thing, GET SPICES! In addition to my fancy teas, I treated myself to fancy spices from Penzy. Taco Seasoning, Scicillian Salad Seasoning (goes a LONG way to give the olive oil and vinegar some variety), Bonne Herbs, etc. It's nice to have something different than the usual garlic and onion powder I use. :)

Thank you for the advice! I can eat the same thing everyday so variety is not the most important to me. I have a wedding to be in the end of June so hopefully I can kick start and be down sone of the weight before then!

Thanks again!!!

evepet
04-23-2012, 11:43 AM
Deleted - LizRR responded to my inquiry in another thread. Thanks!

LizRR
04-23-2012, 11:58 AM

I walked up the stairs yesterday carrying my 32lb son and it was NOT EASY. Then I realized that just 7 weeks ago I was carrying that around all the time!

Sewmam, just wanted to say you are such a great inspiration for me looking forward to 'maintenance days'.

Rhubarb recipe I got from the threads here - stew it down and sweeten however you like. So good - I used cinnamon and Spenda Brown Sugar.

Just a 'warning' about the Splenda Brown Sugar - it is actually brown sugar with some Splenda mixed in. You do use 1/2 the amount of BS Splenda vs. Regular BS for the same sweetness - the 'equivalent stats' from the packaging are below:

Splenda Brown Sugar
Serving size 1/2 tsp (2g)
Calories 10
Carbs 2g
Sugar 2g

Normal Brown Sugar
Serving size 1 tsp (4g)
Calories 17
Carbs 4g
Sugar 4g

sunshinered
04-23-2012, 12:03 PM
I agree with Chloe. I'm not real fond of the flavor of the puddings alone, but you can do some wonderful stuff with extracts and 0 0 0 flavorings, either Torani or DaVinci. Here's some ideas I've collected as part of my recipe "book."
Molly

1. Add up to 2 cups (16 oz / 450 milligrams) of water. It adds no extra calories and the taste doesnít suffer. (Although for Cappuccino I use 1 3/4 cup for a stronger flavor) You will get about 3 big glasses vs. 1 and be very filling.

2. Make the shakes in a blender, not a shaker. The pulse creates much more volume and often creates a delicious froth of foam like an old thyme soda shop.

4. Pour yourself 1 glass and enjoy. Before pouring your next glass, pulse the remainder in the blender again to refresh for the perfect shake without separation of foam/drink.

5. Experiment with different flavors. I liked the chocolate so much I was hesitant to try anything else. But the fruit flavors blend up with much more volume and zing and taste like Orange Julius or Smoothies. I usually have a chocolate shake in the morning and a fruit flavored shake for night snack. Even the Pink Lemonade and Blueberry/Cranberry/Pomegranate drinks frothed up amazingly in the blender, so they felt like smoothies rather than a plain drink.

Orange Julius
Orange drink
2 tsp egg whites
Dash of vanilla
3 ice cubes

Blend flavors
Orange Chocolate: In a container with a sealable lid, pour in 1 package Orange Drink with 1 Package Chocolate. Pour half of the mix in the blender with 2 cups cold water. Add ice. (Save other half of mix for another day). So Amazing. My favorite blend.

Chocolate Coconut (Bounty/ Mounds): Mix 1 package of Chocolate with 1 package of Pina Colada (Note that the pineapple in the pina colada changes the flavor from a pure choco-coconut, but itís still really good.

Try add ins
Some examples:
a) Chocolate: Add a pinch of cinnamon, a pinch of cardamom and a pinch of good Indian chili powder to make a spicy "Mexican Frozen Hot Chocolate"
Gingerbread Chocolate: Add a pinch or two of gingerbread spice (cinnamon, cloves, ginger, allspice)
Chocolate Pumpkin Pie: Add a pinch or two of pumpkin pie spice (cinnamon, nutmeg, cloves, allspice)

b) Flavoring/ Extracts: Try a drop or two of flavored Stevia or other extracts to really change the tastes. Try the baking aisle of your grocery store, health stores, ebay or http://www.stevia.com/

vanilla pudding made as a drink with 2 tsp or so of peach mango powder, 1/4 tsp cinnamon, and 1/8 tsp sea salt shaken with ice...tastes just like peach cobbler

marshmallow creme with the choc pudding or shake and makes a smoothie kinda..with ice in the blender..he says it makes it creamier.

HOLIDAY HOT TODDIES
Ingredients:
Spices as listed

Directions:
1. Mix IP Drink or IP Pudding with up to 2 cups of cold water. Blend until no lumps. (I use a blender)

NOTE! Heating may cause the liquid to overflow, so watch carefully, or use a different larger container to heat the liquid and then pour it into your mug.

With the extra water, this makes 3-4 mugs of delicious hot drinks. Heat one drink and save the rest to re-heat and enjoy over the space of a few hours. Really great to bring to work to microwave to get you through the day. All the below suggestions use up to 2 cups water.

NOTE 1:
You can substitute herbal tea or coffee for the water in any of these. For example, using Peppermint tea and vanilla IP Pudding makes a really subtle Hot Vanilla Candy Cane if you donít want to add peppermint extract. Adding Bengal Spice Tea or Coffee to the Butter Rum recipe makes it a Caramel Chai/ Caramel Coffee. Use your imagination.

Suggestions:
IP Vanilla Pudding
1 tsp or more Cinnamon
1 tsp vanilla extract OR Vanilla seeds from Pod (I use Vanilla seeds and stir the drink with the pod to infuse with more vanilla flavor)
1/2 - 1 tsp cardamom

2. BUTTER RUM
IP Butterscotch Pudding
1/2-1 tsp Rum extract

3. GINGERBREAD
1/2 - 1 tsp Gingerbread Spice (cinnamon, ginger, nutmeg, cloves, allspice. Optional: orange peel)

4. PUMPKIN PIE
1/2 TB or more Da Vinci/ Torani Sugar-Free Pumpkin Pie Syrup (The Torani version also has a hint of pumpkin flavor in it which is great)
You can also use Pumpkin Pie spice, but itís almost identical to Gingerbread spice above.
Optional: 1 packet Truvia or other sweetener (The syrup doesnít need it. The spice alone does)

5. CANDY CANE

6. MEXICAN HOT CHOCOLATE
1 tsp or more cinnamon

7. NUTELLA
or

9. CHRISTMAS ORANGE

10. LEMON POPPY SEED
IP Lemon Pudding
1 tsp Poppy Seeds
Dash of nutmeg
Dash of cinnamon

Root Beer float
Ingredients:
2 tsp Root Beer Extract
3-4 ice cubes
Up to 2 cups cold water

Directions:
5. Blend until smooth

Wow!! Thanks for all the great recipes and tips.

Lace and Levis
04-23-2012, 12:08 PM
For those that have a hard time with the chocolate pudding (self included) try switching to the "Dark" Chocolate Pudding. I seem to be able to tolerate it much better. I also think it is easier to doctor up.

Manda Marie
04-23-2012, 12:19 PM
Just a 'warning' about the Splenda Brown Sugar - it is actually brown sugar with some Splenda mixed in. You do use 1/2 the amount of BS Splenda vs. Regular BS for the same sweetness - the 'equivalent stats' from the packaging are below:

Splenda Brown Sugar
Serving size 1/2 tsp (2g)
Calories 10
Carbs 2g
Sugar 2g

Normal Brown Sugar
Serving size 1 tsp (4g)
Calories 17
Carbs 4g
Sugar 4g

Very good point. I did infact use 1/2 tsp. Maybe I'll cut that back and use more regular splenda....thanks!

GemIAm
04-23-2012, 12:25 PM
Happy Monday! Who's ready for an awesome IP week? :carrot:
This morning I fit into size 18 jeans for the first time in a LONG time! Yay... Now to donate all my size 20s!

There seems to be a lot going on today in our IP sisterhood.

DanafromAustin: You and your husband are in my prayers.

Billster: Good luck in your new job and I am sure your will find fantastic clothing during your wedding week Ė and look amazing in it!

mooselover: Hope your Drs. Appt goes well, I have had ovarian cysts in the past Ė NO FUN.

Cadu: Congrats on size 14! Awesome

Have a fantastic day all!
~Amy

OyVeyzMeir
04-23-2012, 12:39 PM
Just started today. Learning very quickly that if I start getting hunger pangs? More water. And diet drinks are freakin' EVIL. I may be the last person alive that still drinks (drank, for now) TaB. If they quit making it? I'll know I was. :D

Chloe222
04-23-2012, 12:45 PM

Buy lots of lettuce and non starchy veggies, lean proteins.

My list includes: brocolli, asparagus, white mushrooms, zucchini, cauliflower, cucumbers, celery, kale, and lots of bagged, cleaned spinach.
Proteins: ground turkey breast, chicken breast, porterhouse steak, hamburger. I buy fresh seafood 3X/week.
I buy a lot of Walden Farms dressings (like creamy bacon, blue cheese, an asian dressing which I think might be called Sesame Ginger, Italian, Russian/Thousand Island. I haver Waldon farms chocolate and caramel dips, raspberry jelly, all the BBQ sauces, whipped peanut butter. I use Bragg's Liquid Amino Acids (health food store) in place of soy sauce in my stirfries.

Granted I don't think all of these Waldon Farms products tasty but you can doctor them up with lemon juice, apple cider vinegar (the only kind of vinegar allowed on p1 due to its low sugar content), spices, herbs. The whipped peanut butter is particularly off tasting however, when mixed with the honey BBQ sauce and spread thinly on celery, washed down w/ tea, its almost tasty. LOL! Yes, and I make deviled eggs and egg salad with the creamy bacon dressing. You can use lettuce leaves as "bread" or as a wrap.
There is a good recipe for "Big Mac in a Bowl" which I'll post in a few minutes. Tastes very similar. Plus my husband's stirfry sauce is excellent and will post that too - you could serve it to guests and be proud.

Congrats on the clothes fitting well! Woo Hoo!! Also will keep fingers crossed regarding your ultrasound results.

Dana,
I will keep you in my thoughts too, that your test results come out just fine. Yes, you've had quite a month health-wise and you handled it so well.

I know the feeling and feel the same way too :) Together we can lose the next 10lbs!!
I've realized that emotional eating caused me to go from size 8 to 12 in a matter of months. And now want to go back..no point being stressed about stuff which is beyond my control.
I hope you don't get stressed going forward, and me either but chances are you and I (and everyone else) will continue to be stressed because life will keep throwing us curve balls. Its how we deal with the stress that matters. For me, not reaching for sweets...should just drink tea and then take the dogs for an extra long walk.

Chloe222
04-23-2012, 12:52 PM
Cadu,
Congrats on the size 14 and getting out the cute sundresses and capris! Soon you'll be wearing them, just as soon as it warms up here in the NE.

Here are the 2 recipes I promised:
Big Mac in a Bowl
• 1/2 pound raw ground beef, about 5 1/2 ounces cooked weight or 153 grams cooked *
• Salt and pepper, to taste
• 1 teaspoon minced dry onions
• 46 grams dill pickle slices or 2 dill spears, chopped, about 1 5/8 ounces (watch sodium content - I use Vlasic kosher dill spears, there's another w/ sodium I heard but haven't found it)
• 2 tablespoons WF Thousand Island Dressing
• 1 1/2 ounces iceberg lettuce, shredded
Brown the ground beef, drain off any fat, season with salt and pepper.. Meanwhile, soak the dry onions in a little water to rehydrate them. Put the meat in a large salad bowl and add the remaining ingredients. Toss and eat at once.

IP Stir Fry Sauce (for 2 portions of veggies: 4 cups, make more if desired)
2T Walden Farms Sesame Ginger dressing
2T Bragg's Liquid Amino Acids (soy sauce alternative or use soy sauce)
1 tsp crushed garlic
sprinkle of ginger
mix and use in stir fry

kellycg102
04-23-2012, 01:14 PM

That is awesome!

Good luck on the ultra sound!

prettyone
04-23-2012, 01:24 PM
Prettyone,

Congrats on the new job! And fingers crossed for big WOOSH!

Thanks Chloe I tried to add the vanilla to the choc pudding that didnt work. lol. Im still in exploration mode. I tried to use the vanilla pudding for ice coffee this morning not quite sure what I did but lets just say I had to drink it straight down without the enjoyment.:lol:

prettyone
04-23-2012, 01:33 PM
Molly

Orange Julius
Orange drink
2 tsp egg whites
Dash of vanilla
3 ice cubes

Blend flavors

Try add ins
Some examples:

HOLIDAY HOT TODDIES
Ingredients:
Spices as listed

Directions:

NOTE 1:

Suggestions:
IP Vanilla Pudding
1 tsp or more Cinnamon
1/2 - 1 tsp cardamom

2. BUTTER RUM
IP Butterscotch Pudding
1/2-1 tsp Rum extract

3. GINGERBREAD

4. PUMPKIN PIE

5. CANDY CANE

6. MEXICAN HOT CHOCOLATE
1 tsp or more cinnamon

7. NUTELLA
or

9. CHRISTMAS ORANGE

10. LEMON POPPY SEED
IP Lemon Pudding
1 tsp Poppy Seeds
Dash of nutmeg
Dash of cinnamon

Root Beer float
Ingredients:
2 tsp Root Beer Extract
3-4 ice cubes
Up to 2 cups cold water

Directions:
5. Blend until smooth

Thank you WingnutandMe. I have searched and found quite a few. But today I brought the wildberry yogurt with me so I will shake that up and see what happens. I love seeing all the creative recipes.:D

prettyone
04-23-2012, 01:39 PM
I didn't like most of the puddings or drinks either, but then I started combining them with the ready-made vanilla shake and it made a big difference - plus I diluted it with another cup of water and poured over ice. It makes two servings, so you just keep one for later.

Thanks Sewman, Im just basically "trying" all the packets that I got with my start up kit to see my likes/dislikes. I love the restricted (who doesnt) stuff but only had one so far. I know those are heavenly but I wanna try the non restricted first. I love the RH shakes I may do those for breakfast. Im still thinking what items I will be getting for next week. Since I weigh in on Thursday we shall see.

mooselover
04-23-2012, 01:48 PM
For those that have a hard time with the chocolate pudding (self included) try switching to the "Dark" Chocolate Pudding. I seem to be able to tolerate it much better. I also think it is easier to doctor up.

I agree!!! Dark Choc pudding is way better!!! I like most of the puddings and look forward to them for my evening snack :) Do not like chocolate or banana

prettyone
04-23-2012, 01:53 PM
I have discovered that the chocolate pudding is not a fav of mine at all......and I am a chocoholic! I really like the vanilla RTS containers, but I also add like 2 tsp of cocoa to it and ummmmm yep pretty delish!

Tomato Basil soup............GAG!!! horrible...in my opinion. The only other one I have tried is the broccolli and cheddar and I really like it.

Good for you for jumping right up and figuring out how to get on track, even tho everything was fine. That is huge, hoping I can do that because this body is soooooo tired of yo yo dieting.

Yes I am one of the lucky ones to be enjoying the snow today......actually not really, because I am stuck in the house with 2 sick kids! Fevers again!!!! They just seem to be passing things back and forth, poor little mites.

Got thru a get together yesterday with BBQ hotdogs (fav) and Hamburgers......white buns, and cupcakes!!!!! I think I have had like 5 different days of getting thru something like this since I started IP and I have done well, completely OP. Funny there was another lady there doing IP too, and I could really tell the difference between her coach and mine. I said something like I am going to have a half a burger and take some away from my dinner, and she said oh well I won't be having any....she is "cheating" LOL I explained to her she could split her dinner protein up a bit if she needs to or wants to and she said oh thats a good idea. So funny. Anyway have a great day everyone.....staying OP:carrot:

Kelly
Right now Im drinking the wildberry yogurt not bad. I will probably blend this at home and freeze it next time. Yes I had a vanilla RTS Saturday it was delish. I love chocolate as well but Im seeing now that all chocolate is not created equal:carrot:

prettyone
04-23-2012, 01:57 PM

Enjoy your OP day...

Thanks DanafromAustin. The good thing about it I havent been hungry, etc. I have to try it again, my ice coffee with the vanilla pudding was a epic fail. I was anxious and didnt wait for the coffee to get cold and the ice melted, and you know the rest yuck lol

LizRR
04-23-2012, 02:00 PM

I liked the Dark Chocolate Pudding and switched to the Vanilla Pudding last week ... gag! I had to doctor up the Vanilla all week with Mio & extracts to get it down! I actually got the regular Chocolate Pudding this week, so hopefully it will turn out okay to my palate, if not I'm back to Dark Chocolate for good!

prettyone
04-23-2012, 02:02 PM
I could barely get the pudding down - as pudding. So I just added enough water to make it into a drink, and it was pretty good. I liked the banana and the blueberry but thought all of them were pretty good as drinks. Good luck on your journey!!

Fredlr, About how much water did you use? Thank you and good luck to you as well.

jenn04
04-23-2012, 02:08 PM
I sautťed some zucchini and some mushrooms last night with some sea salt, pepper, onion powder, garlic powder, and dill. It was great!! Have a great OP day

Volly
04-23-2012, 02:14 PM
Thanks Chloe I tried to add the vanilla to the choc pudding that didnt work. lol. Im still in exploration mode. I tried to use the vanilla pudding for ice coffee this morning not quite sure what I did but lets just say I had to drink it straight down without the enjoyment.:lol:

I have tried mixing the vanilla pudding with the orange drink, and I have found it tastes almost like an Orange Creamsicle... I blend it with ice and drink one for my breakfast and the remaining for lunch. I will miss my 3rd weigh-in because I am traveling, but I think I am down about 15 pounds in 3 weeks. I feel great, and I don't feel like I am suffering...lol. This site offers great support and ideas! Good luck!!:dancer:

fam4me
04-23-2012, 02:28 PM

Yeah for rediscovering clothes and good luck this afternoon.

salmongirl
04-23-2012, 02:33 PM
I just finished looking at Ishbels before and after pictures and they are amazing. Thanks for posting them. It made me realize that I have not been at my goal weight since I was in my thirties and I am 49 now. I cannot even imagine what I will look like when I am at goal. Will I look normal? Certainly not the same as when I was 35. I guess I will have to just wait and see but it suddenly bothers me that I cannot even picture myself "normal". Sorry for the ramble, just thinking out loud.

LizRR
04-23-2012, 02:35 PM
Very good point. I did infact use 1/2 tsp. Maybe I'll cut that back and use more regular splenda....thanks!

WF Caramel Sauce or Pancake Syrup may give it a maple/molasses flavor similar to the brown sugar perhaps? I generally don't care for the WF products, but I do like the Caramel Sauce & Spicy BBQ (never tried the Pancake Syrup). I only mentioned in case the 'Splenda' name came across as 0/0/0, as I was a victim of name recognition recently...

A few weeks ago I bulk ordered a pack of Garlic & Herb Miracle Noodles and discovered they had 15 cals/3g carb per serving (3 serving/pack). I had assumed they were 0/0/0 like the regular Miracle Noodles - lesson learned!

prettyone
04-23-2012, 02:36 PM
I have tried mixing the vanilla pudding with the orange drink, and I have found it tastes almost like an Orange Creamsicle... I blend it with ice and drink one for my breakfast and the remaining for lunch. I will miss my 3rd weigh-in because I am traveling, but I think I am down about 15 pounds in 3 weeks. I feel great, and I don't feel like I am suffering...lol. This site offers great support and ideas! Good luck!!:dancer:

Volly,
I will have to try that. Mix 2 of the IP's together to make 2 servings. I weigh in Thursday and very excited. I wanted to get on the scale so bad but Im not going to do it to myself. I will just have to wait. Good luck on your journey as well. :D:wave:

wuv2bloved
04-23-2012, 02:40 PM

Try using Orange MIO with the vanilla shake...taste just like a creamcisle :)

Volly
04-23-2012, 02:41 PM
Volly,
I will have to try that. Mix 2 of the IP's together to make 2 servings. I weigh in Thursday and very excited. I wanted to get on the scale so bad but Im not going to do it to myself. I will just have to wait. Good luck on your journey as well. :D:wave:

I would suggest staying off of the scale, too. My coach makes my appointments for the same time each week, and she has even asked that I bring the same outfit to weigh in every week. :) I always leave feeling like I have accomplished something. You need to go to the IP Recipe threads. It offers great ideas on how to prepare vegetables (most that I have never tried before) that will help you feel full and that taste great. Be careful about avoiding some of the additives... not all are 0 sugar, 0 carb, and 0 fat.

fam4me
04-23-2012, 02:44 PM
Amazing the little things that excite me! I think I just got my "ticker" set up !

IPdivajen
04-23-2012, 02:46 PM
Quick hello to all! Had a super busy weekend and today is FLYING by but I'm finally getting around to eating my lunch and it's weird - I'm so FULL! It's awesome! I'm eating my salad (with my new fave dressing that I made at home - EVOO, apple cider vinegar, garlic, rosemary and thyme) and I don't want to stop but I'm just not hungry anymore!!

Sending good luck to those waiting for medical results today - hope all is well!

allnewme
04-23-2012, 02:53 PM
Hi all!

I'm new here. I have been reading for a few weeks and am about 10 days into the IP diet. I feel great! I have lost about 9 lbs so far. (I wasn't doing 100% IP at first, so my numbers are a little bit fuzzy.) Right now I am using a combination of IP/Bariwise/Proti Diet foods while waiting for my next IP order to arrive tomorrow.

I am very happy with the diet so far. I am not very hungry at all and the foods I have tried all taste great. I have 40 more lbs to lose and want to see it come off as quickly as possible, but it is also very important for me to maintain the changes.

I look forward to getting to know you all better and trying some of these tasty recipes!!

SewingMomma
04-23-2012, 02:57 PM

It's good in the vanilla pudding too! I don't play around much with packets, but I have tried that one.

mooselover
04-23-2012, 03:09 PM
Totally off subject, but has anyone been reading or already read "50 Shades of Grey"? Pretty erotic books. It is a trilogy. I am almost finished with the first one. I recommend it :)

cmk33
04-23-2012, 03:10 PM
Hi Everyone! I need to let some frustrations fly! Went for my weigh in this morning....down 4.2 pd, very happy about that.

BUT, I have always had the same coach, mind you, it has only been 8 weeks, but I felt I had developed a connection with my coach. Well, there was another coach there today and when I asked the receptionist where was my coach, she said from now on you get whatever coach was there. HUH? So now I can have a stranger every freaking week???

I met the woman, didn't like her, I will say I already didn't like her because she had been at the reception desk the last couple of weeks and wasn't very friendly. Her measurements were totally off from my records.

Then proceeds to tell me I exercise too much, huh again? I go on my elliptical machine for 20 minutes, 4 times a week and take a 45-60 minute SLOW walk 4-5 times a week. I am losing weight, I feel good and I wanna move!

Then came the kicker, I read on these boards over the weekend that red/orange/yellow peppers are supposed to be restricted, my sheet just says bell pepper, no color distinction. I have been eating the colored peppers several times a week, my regular coach has never said a word about it. Well, I asked today and she tells me that we are to eat no bell peppers except for green. All others are off limits for now....so on top of everything else I am confused :?:

Sorry! Thanks for letting me get that off my chest.....I feel lighter already!

mooselover
04-23-2012, 03:16 PM
Hi Everyone! I need to let some frustrations fly! Went for my weigh in this morning....down 4.2 pd, very happy about that.

BUT, I have always had the same coach, mind you, it has only been 8 weeks, but I felt I had developed a connection with my coach. Well, there was another coach there today and when I asked the receptionist where was my coach, she said from now on you get whatever coach was there. HUH? So now I can have a stranger every freaking week???

I met the woman, didn't like her, I will say I already didn't like her because she had been at the reception desk the last couple of weeks and wasn't very friendly. Her measurements were totally off from my records.

Then proceeds to tell me I exercise too much, huh again? I go on my elliptical machine for 20 minutes, 4 times a week and take a 45-60 minute SLOW walk 4-5 times a week. I am losing weight, I feel good and I wanna move!

Then came the kicker, I read on these boards over the weekend that red/orange/yellow peppers are supposed to be restricted, my sheet just says bell pepper, no color distinction. I have been eating the colored peppers several times a week, my regular coach has never said a word about it. Well, I asked today and she tells me that we are to eat no bell peppers except for green. All others are off limits for now....so on top of everything else I am confused :?:

Hmm, I eat all colors of bell peppers every day................I am losing.

WingnutandMe
04-23-2012, 03:23 PM
Hmm, I eat all colors of bell peppers every day................I am losing.

I agree with mooselover. Got hooked on the bags of mini sweet peppers. Have 3 or 4 every day for lunch (with celery and cucumbers) for the last 3 or 4 weeks. Hmmm. I've lost 10 lbs in the last three weeks.

You'll find that unfortunately, there is no consistency in coaches. It's very sad.

Molly

Hopeful in Canada
04-23-2012, 03:26 PM

I have had red/orange/yellow peppers everyday since I started and am not suffering from not losing. I am not sure...maybe I am doing it wrong.:dizzy:

prettyone
04-23-2012, 03:28 PM

Thanks Wuv I do have orange Mio at home.

SewingMomma
04-23-2012, 03:29 PM
I have had red/orange/yellow peppers everyday since I started and am not suffering from not losing. I am not sure...maybe I am doing it wrong.:dizzy:

I eat them almost every day too, and I haven't had any issues with my losses. My protocol sheet just says bell peppers and doesn't specify which color, so I consider that to mean any color of bell pepper.

prettyone
04-23-2012, 03:30 PM
I would suggest staying off of the scale, too. My coach makes my appointments for the same time each week, and she has even asked that I bring the same outfit to weigh in every week. :) I always leave feeling like I have accomplished something. You need to go to the IP Recipe threads. It offers great ideas on how to prepare vegetables (most that I have never tried before) that will help you feel full and that taste great. Be careful about avoiding some of the additives... not all are 0 sugar, 0 carb, and 0 fat.

Thanks Volly. So far I havent been hungry thank goodness. I have been trying some of the recipes I see. Yes the scale is going to be left for my WI day.

MustangMolly
04-23-2012, 03:31 PM

I would talk to the coach that you really do like and have worked with and see if you can find out her schedule. She may be able to help you make sure you get to see her.

DanafromAustin
04-23-2012, 04:01 PM

First congrats on your loss! I don't blame you for being frustrated regarding your clinic. If it were me I would be insistent on having the same coach each week; you are the customer after all.

I don't eat peppers but my coach did say any of the colors are fine.

qsuzi1
04-23-2012, 04:17 PM
The chart comparing Lindora, Proti-Thin, Proti-Diet, and IP products lists Protin-Thin Orange Drink as RESTRICTIVE Can anyone confirm if this is accurate. Seems strange when you look at the stats.

Dakin
04-23-2012, 04:37 PM
Hello IP Family!
Back to work today, and back to my old routine. Couldn't wait to get home to read the board!! lol

Now for my dilemma: Iím actually struggling with how to tell my coach I want to incorporate some alternative products into my routine. From what Iíve read here (sheís heard of the board, but is not personally familiar with it) I learned that some of the ProtiThin and ProtiDiet products are nearly identical to IP products, at ľ of the costsÖ. So I placed an order with Nashua. Any words of advice? I know I signed a contract at the beginning saying Iíd do my best to stay OP. Will this be considered a breach of contract? What can they do to me?

Billster Ė Your wedding is going to be fabulous! I just know youíll find the perfect outfit when you do go shopping. With such a great attitude, how could things not go your way? Congrats & Good Luck with the new job!

Wingnut Ė *copy*paste* Thanks for great ideas!

Dana: Wishing you well with the results! Hereís hoping you and hubby both have good health news.

Mooselover: No, but Iíve heard a lot about it. I kinda poo-pooíd it at book club last month, but am thinking about reading it privately. Lol

Cmk: I would definitely complain to the franchise owner! One of the big benefits of this program is the support and rapport youíre supposed to build with YOUR coach! It's also hard to feel comfortable with someone weighing and measuring you. I would definitely want someone I at least liked.

patns
04-23-2012, 04:49 PM
I eat them almost every day too, and I haven't had any issues with my losses. My protocol sheet just says bell peppers and doesn't specify which color, so I consider that to mean any color of bell pepper.

I think the coloured peppers were restricted at on time. But when I joined last summer I asked the coach if bell peppers meant all colours and she said yes, they were now recommending all colours of bell peppers.

Sewmam
04-23-2012, 04:49 PM

Enjoy your OP day...

Good luck on your tests...my thoughts are with you.

patns
04-23-2012, 04:52 PM
Fredlr, About how much water did you use? Thank you and good luck to you as well.

Not sure if this got answered. What I do is grind up some ice cubes, add 8 ounces of water and the pudding pacckage and blend it.
I also add spinach. You can't taste it but it does make the shake green.

heycarrieann8
04-23-2012, 04:54 PM
Greetings, everyone! Back from my weekend in Vegas! It was a rough weekend, diet-wise, but I managed to stay OP as far as food was concerned (minus one tiny nibble of an avocado, which I have been missing horribly since starting this protocol). I did do a little bit of drinking in the evenings, but just some vodka and diet coke. While I do feel horrible for cheating, I am still fairly happy with myself considering it was a bachelorette party in Vegas and I gained only 1 lb in those three days. I do have to say, that I was definitely ready to get back to my daily routine and some great weight loss euphoria.

chshedtchr
04-23-2012, 04:56 PM

Wow Wuv - You are looking fantastic!!
How nice to see your journey in pictures!!!!

I am starting phase 2 this week - I am nervous about this as I am fearful that this change (even though it is small) will take away my motivation - I know that sounds strange but this is the place in my diets - when I get close to my goal - that I usually fall off the wagon. Also, I am going to be leaving my coach - I havent really gotten any encouragement from them - so I will try this solo for the time being.

AS for the MIO - I love this stuff - it keeps me going. When I am soo hungry I want to eat a sock (which doesnt happen often on this diet - but does occasionally when someone eats a piece of chocolate cake in front of me :D) I just get a big bottle of water with MIO and drinking that keeps me on track!!

Sewmam
04-23-2012, 05:13 PM
I do have a quick question about the diet. What groceries can I purchase before I go to the Dr. tomorrow so I am ready to fully start Wednesday morning?

Welcome ! I think there is a worksheet under 'stickies' that shows the Phase 1 protocol, and that lists all the allowed vegees and meats, so you can see which ones you like best. I also loved adding spices to dishes to keep it interesting, and fresh parsley and cilantro or basil really is nice. Good luck!!!

Just started today. Learning very quickly that if I start getting hunger pangs? More water. And diet drinks are freakin' EVIL. I may be the last person alive that still drinks (drank, for now) TaB. If they quit making it? I'll know I was. :D

Welcome to you too! Yep, water is our friend, even if we have to run to the bathroom all day long... ;) Good luck to you!

I have not been at my goal weight since I was in my thirties and I am 49 now. I cannot even imagine what I will look like when I am at goal. Will I look normal?

I know how you feel...I haven't been this thin since I was 30 and I'm 59 now. Everyday I look in the mirror and am amazed...

Hi all!

I'm new here.
I look forward to getting to know you all better and trying some of these tasty recipes!!

Welcome to you too !!! All these new people, it's great! This forum is filled with wise and kind people who are quite willing to help, so keep coming back! Good luck!

(minus one tiny nibble of an avocado, which I have been missing horribly since starting this protocol).

I have to tell you, every time I see your login name, I hear the song by the Hollies... Anyway, my coach said I could have 1/4 of an avocado in exchange for my 2 tsp of olive oil if I wanted to. It is kind of a pathetic amount, but I really missed my guacamole at times.... I don't know if this is totally against all rules, but she suggested it. ;)

Sewmam
04-23-2012, 05:17 PM
Just wanted to add...Good for you Cadu! You deserve to be happy!

I ran my errands today, including getting an estimate to fix the brakes on my truck...$400. Oh well...

Got my vegees too. I'm really going through the lettuce and spinach these days. Seems like I go to the store alot more often than I ever did before.

Time to put it all away and start thinking about dinner...have a relaxing evening everybody!

Diana B
04-23-2012, 05:32 PM
Good Morning All

The first few days are brutal:mad:, but it is so worth it......! It took me more than a couple of weeks to not feel hungry all the time:dizzy:, and my daughter is using the alternatives and her hunger went away after 4-5 days I think, but she had a VERY rough few days. I found the only pudding I care for is the butterscotch, I put nutmeg and cinnamon on it and it tastes great. I also usually blend my vegetables into the soups to make them thicker, and my new favorite is the chocolate drink with spinach blended with it, I put the spinach and 5-6 oz. of water, blend, put in some crushed ice with the chocolate and blend, you don't even taste the spinach. Good luck to you!:carrot:

Mapc331
04-23-2012, 05:49 PM
I have a question. I have not been feeling well today. Got hit hard with a head cold and haven't felt like eating. I have got my packs in when I normally do. But is it going to affect my loss if I eat all 4 cups veggies with my 8oz protein?

Hope eveyone is having a great OP day! :)

alaskastarr
04-23-2012, 05:56 PM
Good morning!!

So glad to see you back online... and that you are full force back into it as I know some people had a hard time starting back before. Moving is never easy, but it sounds like you came through it without all the stress eating that pack on the extra pounds. I hope you like your new coach and I look forward to watching you journey to your goal! Welcome back!!!

~Alaskastarr aka Shelia

Lace and Levis
04-23-2012, 06:07 PM

First things first! Congratulations on your WI! You are obviously doing something right! :cheer2:
Green bell peppers are ok they are even used in the Ideal Protein Recipe Book for Phases 1 & 2. Personally, I don't care for raw Green Peppers, so I eat Orange, Red and Yellow; they are staples in my meals. My coach has always been fine with it and I have not suffered in the weight loss department at all because of them. That has been my experience. I do try eat a lot of other green veggies.
Though my opinion isn't worth 2 cents, I think you are on the right track with only wanting one coach. I feel like my coach knows what works and doesn't work for me and my body. She also knows a little of my daily life history so she is able to encourage me and reminds me how to avoid the situations that affect me personally.
You know what you need, don't settle for less!!! :)

Chloe222
04-23-2012, 06:08 PM

15 pounds in 3 weeks is fabulous! :carrot::carrot::carrot:

Can't believe I'm out of tangerine Mio! :( Oh well, will get it tomorrow.

Amazing the little things that excite me! I think I just got my "ticker" set up !

LOL! Yes, getting the ticker set up is exciting and so is the weekly updating process.

Totally off subject, but has anyone been reading or already read "50 Shades of Grey"? Pretty erotic books. It is a trilogy. I am almost finished with the first one. I recommend it :)

I read it, enjoyed it and have the next 2 ordered (Amazon) :)

Greetings, everyone! Back from my weekend in Vegas! It was a rough weekend, diet-wise, but I managed to stay OP as far as food was concerned (minus one tiny nibble of an avocado, which I have been missing horribly since starting this protocol). I did do a little bit of drinking in the evenings, but just some vodka and diet coke. While I do feel horrible for cheating, I am still fairly happy with myself considering it was a bachelorette party in Vegas and I gained only 1 lb in those three days. I do have to say, that I was definitely ready to get back to my daily routine and some great weight loss euphoria.

That was really great - to just have a little vodka & diet coke in that situation. It had to tough, day after day of partying. That 1 pound will come off quickly.

I have a question. I have not been feeling well today. Got hit hard with a head cold and haven't felt like eating. I have got my packs in when I normally do. But is it going to affect my loss if I eat all 4 cups veggies with my 8oz protein?

Hope eveyone is having a great OP day! :)

Yes, it'll be fine to get it all in at once - just try to get it all in every day.

momof2greatcats
04-23-2012, 07:07 PM
Hey all - finally checking in. Got sidetracked by looking for the tzatziki sauce recipe mentioned in an earlier post, then it was time for dinner.
Continuing to have a great OP week - looking forward to WI tomorrow!

Dana and mooselover - hoping all your medical stuff works out - so stressful... (((hugs)))

And to all those who are fitting into smaller sizes in their closet - whoo hoo!!!!

Billie - I can't WAIT to see wedding photos!!!! And I agree, everything looks cuter smaller - you'll find something great to wear. BTW - where in Alberta are you? I'm going to Banff in August for a continuing ed meeting.

Wingnut - awesome recipes!

I had stewed rhubarb (2 c rhubarb cooked down with water and 1 1/2 packet of truvia) mixed into the raspberry IP jello for lunch - it was really good! Got that idea here - thanks to whomever posted it. I have the other 2 c of rhubarb that I stewed waiting for some strawberry WF preserves and IP oatmeal - that will be my lunch tomorrow, I think.

See you all tomorrow - best wishes with all the weigh ins!

Hecitme
04-23-2012, 07:20 PM
Imagine your ideal weight, visualize, make it so real that when you step on the scale for your weigh in you're NOT actually there... Humph, kinda frustrating.

UNTIL... You do the math and realize that you are 11.7 pounds less than you were a week ago - thennnnn, NOT so frustrating!

I'm sure there's a lot of water weight in there but heck, if I count it when I start then I'm counting it today...

I repeat... Woo-Hoo!

3sisters
04-23-2012, 07:28 PM
The D stands for dear or darling.
or on bad days it could stand for dumb, doofus, dingbat (just kidding)

Have a great on plan day everybody!

Or, for me, it stands for "Duh!" :)

WingnutandMe
04-23-2012, 07:32 PM
Hello IP Family!
Now for my dilemma: Iím actually struggling with how to tell my coach I want to incorporate some alternative products into my routine. From what Iíve read here (sheís heard of the board, but is not personally familiar with it) I learned that some of the ProtiThin and ProtiDiet products are nearly identical to IP products, at ľ of the costsÖ. So I placed an order with Nashua. Any words of advice? I know I signed a contract at the beginning saying Iíd do my best to stay OP. Will this be considered a breach of contract? What can they do to me?

Good luck, on this, Dakin. I had to stop "cold turkey." With my coach, it was you MUST buy 21 packs a week minimum. She was not the greatest coach; did not like this forum, felt that the recipes were a problem and against protocol, so just quitting was not much of a problem. I did read everything on this forum on alternatives and ordered lots of things. I have found The Protein Store (www.buyproteinfood.com) that sells all the IP foods and supplements for those things that I find I like better than the alternatives. You'll just have to see what she says.
Molly

cmk33
04-23-2012, 07:33 PM
Thank you all for your words of encouragement, it was exactly what I needed to hear! I am going to speak to my "regular" coach and move it up to the owner if needed.

As for the peppers, I have been losing so why worry myself over it. I think wuv said in another thread, why make it complicated? So I am going to keep it simple and keep working it!

I made the Big Mac in a Bowl for dinner tonight, and it gets a double thumbs up from me!

3sisters
04-23-2012, 07:36 PM

I always love your posts, Sewmam. You have such a calm, almost etherial approach to this journey. I'm taking notes :)

kmc1021
04-23-2012, 07:36 PM

Congrats on the wedding!! That is so great that you are not using food for comfort and now for fuel!! I can't wait till I get there!! Congrats on the job too!! Exciting time in your life!!

CassiR
04-23-2012, 07:37 PM
Good evening all,

Feeling very emotional tonight. Maybe it's a combination of TOM coming and having stomach issues all day long.. ugh big C problems. And I'm extremely cold!! It's been raining all day long here in DC and walking to and from work just plain sucked. Oh well.

I tried Chloe's recipe for Egg Salad and wow was it amazing. I used a lettuce leaf as a wrap and it was so good! It made 2 "Egg Salad Wraps". It seemed even better with no bread.. hmm I'm noticing my love for bread fading away quite quickly. I will definitely be eating this a lot for phase 2 lunches though. Thanks Chloe!!

haddy4
04-23-2012, 07:53 PM
so can you go back and look at post from over the weekend?? I cant find them

WingnutandMe
04-23-2012, 07:57 PM
so can you go back and look at post from over the weekend?? I cant find them

They have made their way back a page. Here's a link
http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/ideal-protein-diet/257413-ip-weekend-chat-sat-4-21-sun-4-22-a.html

Molly

naysha6
04-23-2012, 07:58 PM
Hello everyone! This is my 4th IP week and I have been having a lot of cravings out of this world. I wouldve thought by now I should be past this phase. I dont know if it is having the crystal light packets in my water or not. I noticed I didn't have that many cravings after my 1st week IP and now they are back. I am having thoughts in my head like how long will this diet take. Seems to me at 1st I was more focused and now not as much. Dont know whats up? Oh I have been eating sugar free/fat free jello so maybe that is messing me up!

Starting weight: 233
Wk#1 -4
Wk#2 -5
Wk#3 -2

prettyone
04-23-2012, 08:06 PM
:hun:Not sure if this got answered. What I do is grind up some ice cubes, add 8 ounces of water and the pudding pacckage and blend it.
I also add spinach. You can't taste it but it does make the shake green.

Thanks Patns. I will have to try this. I used the lemon pudding today trying to make cake they turned out a lil rubbery and spongy. I put them in my lunch bag for tomorrow we shall see what I end up with maybe they will get "cookie hard" in the fridge and I made a new creation.:hun: I havent tried spinach I may have to try that as well.

kmc1021
04-23-2012, 08:07 PM
Good evening all!! I am excited about tomorrow, my first WI! I don't think I will have a huge loss because I don't feel or see any loss with clothes, but even 3 lbs will make me smile!!

Ya'll make me so jealous that you have clothes to drop into! When I outgrow clothes I give them to goodwill. I actually donated three garbage bags of clothes that were a tad too tight about two months ago and went shopping. My bad!! I guess I just never thought I would find something that would work for me. I only have 5 weeks of school left, so I don't think I will lose enough to HAVE to buy more clothes before the end of the year. In the summer I will just lay around in my birthday suit! HAHA Just kidding!!

I think I have finally reached the point of feeling good. I had energy today, I was not hungry, and I overall feel good!!

New Englander
04-23-2012, 08:08 PM
Hello everyone! This is my 4th IP week and I have been having a lot of cravings out of this world. I wouldve thought by now I should be past this phase. I dont know if it is having the crystal light packets in my water or not. I noticed I didn't have that many cravings after my 1st week IP and now they are back. I am having thoughts in my head like how long will this diet take. Seems to me at 1st I was more focused and now not as much. Dont know whats up? Oh I have been eating sugar free/fat free jello so maybe that is messing me up!

Wk#1 -4
Wk#2 -5
Wk#3 -2
Hey there, I would stay away from anything that's a cheat (of course) or even a borderline cheat... Those little things (like crystal like, which I think is a borderline cheat) can cause cravings and that will only make your journey more difficult...

Just my two cents! :)

Edit: AND your loses are great!!! Seriously, keep up the great work just figure out what's triggering those unwanted cravings!!! :)

kmc1021
04-23-2012, 08:08 PM
BTW Thanks for all the great recipes and tips. I have few veggies I like and I usually only eat them! I want to start mixing things up soon!!

I especially like adding peppermint extract to chocolate pudding! I am a baker ( I bake cakes for people) so I have a lot of flavoring!!

prettyone
04-23-2012, 08:14 PM
The first few days are brutal:mad:, but it is so worth it......! It took me more than a couple of weeks to not feel hungry all the time:dizzy:, and my daughter is using the alternatives and her hunger went away after 4-5 days I think, but she had a VERY rough few days. I found the only pudding I care for is the butterscotch, I put nutmeg and cinnamon on it and it tastes great. I also usually blend my vegetables into the soups to make them thicker, and my new favorite is the chocolate drink with spinach blended with it, I put the spinach and 5-6 oz. of water, blend, put in some crushed ice with the chocolate and blend, you don't even taste the spinach. Good luck to you!:carrot:

Thanks for the info Diana. Ive been managing and hope i can stay as strong. I do have a butterscotch so I will try that. I also have a choc drink. I will have to try these. Thanks and Good Luck to you as well. :wave:

kellycg102
04-23-2012, 08:16 PM
Kelly
Right now Im drinking the wildberry yogurt not bad. I will probably blend this at home and freeze it next time. Yes I had a vanilla RTS Saturday it was delish. I love chocolate as well but Im seeing now that all chocolate is not created equal:carrot:

Oh yes.... I haven't tried the wild berry drnk by itself but I have mixed it with the crispie cereal to make pancakes and oh my soooooooo good! A must try for sure.
You are right all chocolate is not created the same, aside from the crappy pudding, the chocolate shake and rts chocolate shake is flipping good!! Five thumbs up.

Wow Wuv - You are looking fantastic!!
How nice to see your journey in pictures!!!!

I am starting phase 2 this week - I am nervous about this as I am fearful that this change (even though it is small) will take away my motivation - I know that sounds strange but this is the place in my diets - when I get close to my goal - that I usually fall off the wagon. Also, I am going to be leaving my coach - I havent really gotten any encouragement from them - so I will try this solo for the time being.

AS for the MIO - I love this stuff - it keeps me going. When I am soo hungry I want to eat a sock (which doesnt happen often on this diet - but does occasionally when someone eats a piece of chocolate cake in front of me :D) I just get a big bottle of water with MIO and drinking that keeps me on track!!

Good luck on phase 2

Made big Mac in a bowl and yummy! Hubby even liked it! Got my walden farms stuff in the mail, I am funny with the stuff.....when I first tried the hickory BBQ sauce, I really like it, now not so much.....hubby likes it tho...lol. Made the zucchini in the micro with cinnamon and Splenda but this time added the WF CARAMEL....pretty good.

Looked every where for rhubbard, but no luck....fresh or frozen:(

prettyone
04-23-2012, 08:20 PM
Good evening all,

Feeling very emotional tonight. Maybe it's a combination of TOM coming and having stomach issues all day long.. ugh big C problems. And I'm extremely cold!! It's been raining all day long here in DC and walking to and from work just plain sucked. Oh well.

I tried Chloe's recipe for Egg Salad and wow was it amazing. I used a lettuce leaf as a wrap and it was so good! It made 2 "Egg Salad Wraps". It seemed even better with no bread.. hmm I'm noticing my love for bread fading away quite quickly. I will definitely be eating this a lot for phase 2 lunches though. Thanks Chloe!!

Hello CassIR
I also work in DC and know exactly what you mean about this weather today. We needed the rain but it make you gloomy and sleepy. My TOM just went off today so thats one plus for me. I am missing my rolls but have been ok. I may have to try that egg salad.

Mapc331
04-23-2012, 08:23 PM
Yes, it'll be fine to get it all in at once - just try to get it all in every day.[/QUOTE]

Thanks!

Tripmama
04-23-2012, 08:25 PM
Another busy OP day...now off to make dinner...chicken with zucchini and mushrooms!

CassiR
04-23-2012, 08:25 PM
Hello CassIR
I also work in DC and know exactly what you mean about this weather today. We needed the rain but it make you gloomy and sleepy. My TOM just went off today so thats one plus for me. I am missing my rolls but have been ok. I may have to try that egg salad.

You're right. We needed that rain but that's enough! Brrr! TOM is coming for me so i'd like to get that out of the way ;)
The egg salad is something I'll be taking to work next week for phase 2. YUM!
BTW the DH is eating pizza right next to me.. blargh.

kmc1021
04-23-2012, 08:27 PM
I have been striking out on the WF things. Not too fond of what I got and DH is not too pleased to spend $4 a bottle for me to not like it...OH WELL!!

Is the egg salad recipe in the recipe forum? I love, love, love egg salad!!

prettyone
04-23-2012, 08:29 PM
You're right. We needed that rain but that's enough! Brrr! TOM is coming for me so i'd like to get that out of the way ;)
The egg salad is something I'll be taking to work next week for phase 2. YUM!
BTW the DH is eating pizza right next to me.. blargh.

Yes we did it was pretty dry and the pollen was unbearable. Yes I had to turn my heat back on mother nature is not sure what she wants to do. One week its cold then back to hot. Make up your mind already:tantrum: Im still on phase 1. DH is EVIL lol

WingnutandMe
04-23-2012, 08:30 PM
:hun:

Thanks Patns. I will have to try this. I used the lemon pudding today trying to make cake they turned out a lil rubbery and spongy. I put them in my lunch bag for tomorrow we shall see what I end up with maybe they will get "cookie hard" in the fridge and I made a new creation.:hun: I havent tried spinach I may have to try that as well.

Hi Prettyone,
I have my best luck with taking the lemon pudding and making pancakes. They cook well and are scrumptous. I can never decide whether to put the WF blueberry syrup or their pancake syrup.

Here's the recipe:

Non restricted pudding Pancakes
Ingredients:
1 IP Pudding Packet (I used lemon and it was perfect.)
2 beaten egg whites
Approx 3 oz of water (make to a nice pouring consistency)
1 tsp of vanilla extract
Pinch of baking powder
Pinch of sea salt
1 Splenda, Truvia or other sweetener packet (optional)

Directions:
1. Pre-heat griddle or skillet.
2. Beat egg whites with a pinch of salt.
3. Mix all other ingredients. The batter should not be runny but a nice consistency to pour onto the griddle/skillet
4. Cook until brown on one side and then flip.

CassiR
04-23-2012, 08:32 PM
I have been striking out on the WF things. Not too fond of what I got and DH is not too pleased to spend $4 a bottle for me to not like it...OH WELL!!

This is Chloe's recipe:
2 hard boiled eggs, peeled and chopped, 1/2 chopped dill pickle, 1/2 stalk chopped celery, 1-2 T creamy bacon dressing. Mix and enjoy!

I used 3 eggs since my coach likes me to use 3-4 if using for my dinner protein and skipped the celery because I just don't like celery. I used 2 tsp of creamy bacon dressing and it was delish! Wrapped into a lettuce leaf.. I'd recommend this any day. I, too was a big egg salad sandwich fan prior to IP.

prettyone
04-23-2012, 08:44 PM
Hi Prettyone,
I have my best luck with taking the lemon pudding and making pancakes. They cook well and are scrumptous. I can never decide whether to put the WF blueberry syrup or their pancake syrup.

Here's the recipe:

Ingredients:
2 beaten egg whites
1 tsp of vanilla extract
Pinch of baking powder
Pinch of sea salt

Directions:
3. Mix all other ingredients. The batter should not be runny but a nice consistency to pour onto the griddle/skillet

Thanks that seems easy enough. I did order some WF products. So not a ranch fan

Chris R
04-23-2012, 08:45 PM
Mio liquid water enhancer....is it ok or not?
Stevia sweetner....ok or not?
Pork Rinds...ok or not?

Just checking the boards before I put anything into my mouth.:D

Nilouve
04-23-2012, 08:53 PM

I had read, recently that MIO (four flavors only) were now available in some parts of Canada. I found two at a Walmart in Carleton Place last week and, today, I found that the "No Frills" in Arnprior carries all four flavors! Although I never really have a problem getting my water in, these are such a great way to break the boredom factor! Love the stuff too!

I will keep "lurking" to find out how the ladies waiting for their test results make out. Keep us posted, best of luck! you are in my thoughts.

jcjnjj
04-23-2012, 09:03 PM

Stir Fry Beef
Low Fat Ground Beef
Olive Oil
Vinegar

Oh Yeah! I love Penzey's!!!

evepet
04-23-2012, 09:11 PM

Wk#1 -4
Wk#2 -5
Wk#3 -2

I'm also in my 4th week. I read early on somewhere on this board that it's best to avoid products containing aspartame, as it can cause cravings, etc. So I've been avoiding Crystal Light. Ditto the sugar-free jello powders, which is also sweetened with aspartame. I use MIO for flavoring (no aspartame) and also have bought Nestea Fruit packets, which are flavored with sucralose. I bought Knox gelatine packets and use the MIO to flavor the gelatine. Made some again today - it works a charm. :)

evepet
04-23-2012, 09:14 PM
Pork Rinds...ok or not?

I know for sure stevia sweetner and MIO are fine. I've read it recommended to get the liquid stevia, to ensure there's no hidden carbs in it. Some of the stevia powders have fillers.

Not sure about pork rinds... hopefully somebody else will answer that.

New Englander
04-23-2012, 09:14 PM
BTW Thanks for all the great recipes and tips. I have few veggies I like and I usually only eat them! I want to start mixing things up soon!!

I especially like adding peppermint extract to chocolate pudding! I am a baker ( I bake cakes for people) so I have a lot of flavoring!!
Just be careful to use those extracts sparingly as they have alcohol in them and could impact your losses. And as you know this is a no alcohol diet...

SewingMomma
04-23-2012, 09:15 PM
Pork Rinds...ok or not?

Mio is ok. Stevia is ok, but my coach limits me to 3 packets a day, and pork rinds are so not ok.

LSJ100
04-23-2012, 09:22 PM

It's on my list to start - I'm glad to hear another positive review...my coworkers are raving about it.

I would talk to the coach that you really do like and have worked with and see if you can find out her schedule. She may be able to help you make sure you get to see her.

I've had a different coach every time I've gone (4 total - 1 initial and 3 WI's)...it's very frustrating because I'm not building a relationship with anyone. They are all very nice and answer my questions but I rely on this website to help me stay on track more than a coach.

How long did it take you to not feel hungry anymore? I am 100% IP products and I'm in my 4th week and I was ravenous today. My clinic keeps saying YOU SHOULD NOT BE HUNGRY ON THIS DIET, and I've been 100% OP but I keep worrying I'm doing something wrong.

I had terrible cravings today too (my 4th week also) and I felt like it hit me out of the blue...I haven't had them for awhile and I've been 100% OP but it was terrible...mac and cheese, doritos, and mcdonalds. Of course I didn't give into any of those but it was hard to feel that way.

Congrats to everyone who had great losses and thanks for all the recipe tips!!

LizRR
04-23-2012, 09:30 PM
:?:I have been striking out on the WF things. Not too fond of what I got and DH is not too pleased to spend $4 a bottle for me to not like it...OH WELL!!

I hear you on the WF being "offtaste" I bought a hoard of stuff too and was turned off. Hold on to them though and EXPERIMENT. Adding soy sauce, splenda, apple cider vinegar, spices, extracts, etc can turn them into great sautees & marinades for your veggies & meats.

Just tonight I had WF sesame ginger dressing w/soy sauce & red curry paste with miracle noodles, chicken, & mushrooms and loved it. Having the dressing on a salad though would have made me gag.

I now just use EVOO and apple cider vinegar for my dressing, and use my bottles of WF for fancying up my dinners. Although I do like the caramel sauce and spicy bbq (on kale chips, yum!).

fam4me
04-23-2012, 09:34 PM
Mixed the orange drink and vanilla pudding today....yum! Also thinly sliced a turnip, tossed with seasoning and baked. This will become one I make quite often.

naysha6
04-23-2012, 09:39 PM
To Evepet & NewEnglander:
Thanks for the advice. I think the taste of sweetness from the Crystal Lights and Jello is what's throwing me off. Im going to go back to hard core water with lemon or MIO & see how that goes tomorrow. I'd rather be safe than sorry! Thanks again!

Beanie Mommy
04-23-2012, 09:53 PM
Just had the exploding chocolate mug cake... Here's my take on it:

Fun to watch while cooking
Consistency was like a nice moist cake
Tasted okay and was definitely something different

Since I'm a huge fan of the chocolate drink mix I probably would have enjoyed it as a warm cocoa better than the cake. Not bad, but not quite a winner with me. Still loved trying it - variety is sometimes better than the good old standby.

Hope everyone had an excellent day! OP is the way to go :)

Have a great night!

jbezanis
04-23-2012, 10:08 PM
Mio is ok. Stevia is ok, but my coach limits me to 3 packets a day, and pork rinds are so not ok.

I was wondering about pork rinds. The last 2 weeks have been really difficult, but I managed not to get the rinds. Really wanted something with carbs, a sandwich, thought about the rinds and then nixed both of them. Down another 5lbs after a week of not loosing at all, so feeling better now. Week 6 is past and on to week 7.

On a really positive note, my sister may start IP. I would be so happy if she did, and so would her daughter. My niece is an IP coach.

3sisters
04-23-2012, 10:18 PM
Ingredients:
2 beaten egg whites
1 tsp of vanilla extract
Pinch of baking powder
Pinch of sea salt

Directions:

Oh my gosh, I've been looking for a recipe using a "non-restricted" product that would be "cake-like". I only had chocolate pudding to use, but just made it and used WF pancake syrup and it was pretty darn yummy! I will definitely try the other pudding flavors now. As pudding they don't sound good, but as pancakes - I'm thinkin' I might have a new go-to bedtime snack! Thanks!

PS - can someone post the "mug-cake" recipe?

3sisters
04-23-2012, 10:20 PM
Oh, I just saw there is another thread with the mug-cake recipe. I'll get it off of there. Thanks!

Hockeymom40
04-23-2012, 10:32 PM

Just put peppers without a color reference on your sheet. They don't have to know every detail. That goes for the excercise too. If what your doing is working for you I'd stick with it. I have no idea if my coach allows the egg whites, but I use them, I'm losing and I don't put it on the sheet.

mooselover
04-23-2012, 10:47 PM
Ultrasound is done. I feel like I was invaded :( Results to come in a day or two. Thanks for the well wishes :)

frazzledmom04
04-23-2012, 11:48 PM

Oh my oh my oh my!!!!:o I just finished it. Stayed up wayyyy to late but I couldn't put it down. Just ordered the other 2 on my Kobo. Could be another long night of reading.

sunshinered
04-24-2012, 01:10 AM
Oh my oh my oh my!!!!:o I just finished it. Stayed up wayyyy to late but I couldn't put it down. Just ordered the other 2 on my Kobo. Could be another long night of reading.

Does it have vampires in it?

Nibblet
04-24-2012, 02:20 AM
I made a pancake today using the Potato Puree soup mix. It turned out pretty good, if a bit plain. But it really helped fix the craving for something bread-like. Will try again if I can find some WF syrup or something.