Introductions Introduce yourselves and make new friends!

Old 04-21-2012, 01:14 AM   #1  
Shannon

S/C/G: 409/260/180

Height: 5'11"

Default Introduction =)

Hello Everyone,
I would like to take this opportunity to introduce myself. I'm Shannon, obviously, and I stumbled upon this website while googling some information about caloric intake. After reading some threads, I decided this is something I would really like to get involved in.

Let me tell you a little bit about myself. I am 29 years old and have been overweight for a long time. My schooling years consisted of a love for playing sports, and while I would consider myself in shape then, I was never actually "skinny". I was the "big girl" on the field/court. After high school, let's just say, all **** broke loose.

After 2-3 "attempts" at weight loss since then, I had ballooned to my highest weight of 409 lbs at 5'11''. Totally disgusted with myself, I decided enough is enough. Just this past November 20th, I started my weight loss journey.

My six month weight loss anniversary was just today, and I weighed in at 275 lbs, which is a 135lb loss so far. I still have a far journey ahead of me, but I totally commited to being the healthy person I never was.

After reading some of these forums, I know it's possible. The support this site will continue to provide me is priceless.

Thank you =)
ShannonLaRiviere is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2012, 02:09 AM   #2  

S/C/G: 238/ticker/138

Height: 5'4"

Welcome, Shannon. And congratulations on doing so well! 135 lbs in 6 months is incredible!! You have good reason to be very proud! We all love pics here.....when you get around to it, I hope you will post some for us to ooh and ahh over. Hope to see you around.
sunshauna is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2012, 07:11 AM   #3  

S/C/G: 241/241/187

Height: 168

Welcome!

You've done so, so well already. With the support of the lovely people on here, you will continue to do well.

Welcome to a healthy life style.
Buzzy bee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2012, 11:57 AM   #4  
Starlet

Height: 5'2

Congrats, Shannon! That's wonderful to hear. I hope you're healthy and well!
lovelessdevout is offline   Reply With Quote