View Poll Results: Which Of The Following "Green Vegetables" Is Your Favorite?
Green Beans 2 14.29%
Okra 0 0%
Green Peas 0 0%
Broccoli 6 42.86%
Turnip Greens/Collards 1 7.14%
Spinach 1 7.14%
Lima Beans 0 0%
Lettuce 1 7.14%
Asparagus 2 14.29%
None Of The Above/ Don't Like Any Of Them 1 7.14%
Voters: 14. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 03-16-2003, 06:42 PM   #1  

Default Home of the Loozing Floozies....(#99)

Hello

Here at McSkinneys, Our mission is to motivate,support and lose those pounds & inches.We must keep those Loozing Floozies loosing!!

Feel free to join our group of wonderful ladies.Come on in.....Give us YOUR motivation,support and ideas.We would love to have you!!!
Old 03-16-2003, 06:55 PM   #2  

Don't forget to go back to #98 and read the last few posts there!
Old 03-17-2003, 08:06 AM   #3  
THINKING THIN!!!!

Motivation

If you started to do something, then someone came up to you and expressed strong doubts about your ability to accomplish it, your confidence would likely be eroded. And just imagine what would happen if, after that, twenty more people came and offered the same negative opinion.

Such an experience would devastate the confidence of all but the most highly self-assured people. You might very well give up right then and there, before even getting started.

Now imagine what would happen if, after a single negative opinion, you received twenty positive opinions. If twenty people immediately offered their support and encouragement, that one expression of doubt would be all but forgotten.

In most cases the expressions of doubt you experience, as well as the expressions of encouragement, will not come from others, but from yourself. And so you have control over what they will be.

When a doubt arises in your mind you can learn from it and even make adjustments as a result of it. But you don't have to let it overwhelm you by adding more of your own doubts on top of it.

Instead, choose to follow each thought of self doubt with so many more positive, encouraging thoughts that the original doubt itself is overwhelmed. When your doubts are outnumbered by a big enough margin, you'll move steadily and confidently toward the goals you've set.

Last edited by DebbieA; 03-17-2003 at 08:14 AM.
Old 03-17-2003, 09:32 AM   #4  

Debbie-Wow!! That was a great motivator!! I really needed it today. I need to get back OP and can't seem to do it lately. Now my daughter wants to try WW, so maybe she will help me get motivated. I told her first to just be aware of the points in different foods, then start slowly. I really don't want her to think that she is fat, because she's not. She is very muscular from all the dance. Anyway, we are not joining or anything, just trying to do this together.
Old 03-17-2003, 09:39 AM   #5  

Shelley, you are a woman after my own heart! I probably only have a dozen or so purses, but I'm just like you when it comes to coordinating. If my purse doesn't match my shoes, I'll lock in the trunk of the car instead of carrying it in somewhere! LOL
It sounds like we have several shoe fanatics here. I got up the nerve to count mine last year and I had 58 pair. Of course, I've added some since then! I just got a new shoe catalog from Chadwick's of Boston. It has all the cute new summer shoes.....DROOL, DROOL, DROOL

Debbie, thanks for the inspirational post. It was great.

Sherry, that is so neat about writing to the Oprah show. I agree with everyone else.....it would be great if we could all meet somewhere next summer! BTW, the boys are doing fine....still in the states.

All of you who are on spring break this week, I hope you have a terrific week off!

I better get back to work......please pray for our troops.......

Ramona
Old 03-17-2003, 09:48 AM   #6  
Losing it!

Thank you for sharing Deb, this is so true. I, myself must work on this.

Girls, I am exhausted! I promise that I will check in later and post more!
Old 03-17-2003, 09:48 AM   #7  

Just wanted to let you know that I was in emergency yesterday and last night with mom. She has another large blood clot in her leg and a piece broke lose and went to her lungs. I will report later when I have more info but I think they will let her come home today.
Old 03-17-2003, 11:18 AM   #8  
Losing it!

Dee: I was concerned about you and had planned to write you in the next day or two... prayers are with your family, let us know as soon as you can about your Mother.
Old 03-17-2003, 11:43 AM   #9  

Howdy

Happy St.Patrick's Day!!

My 1st day off from Spring break!! I'm going to start on my bathroom.Wash down walls, wash curtains, etc. And do laundry.Maybe each day this week I can get a room or two done.

Debbie.........Loved the MOTIVATION!! Thanks for sharing!!

Gayle.............Please get some much needed rest!! Post soon and tell us all about your weekend!!

Dee..........You & your Mom are in my prayers!! PLEASE take care and PLEASE keep us posted on your Mom!!

Shelley & Jennelle.......What are you planning for your Spring break?

Jeanne & Lisa..........WHERE ARE YOU??? COME BACK SOON!! I MISS YOU!!

To all the other floozies: Have a great OP day!! Will post more later....Got to get busy on the house.

Hugs,
Sherry

Last edited by Sherry; 03-17-2003 at 11:57 AM.
Old 03-17-2003, 11:59 AM   #10  

Dee-Your mom is in my prayers. Please keep us posted!!

Sherry-Nothing!! Clean the house (maybe.) I also have to spend all day Thursday with our youth group getting ready for the Relay for Life. Other than that, nada, nil, diddly squat!! I am just going to enjoy the time away from work!!
Old 03-17-2003, 06:31 PM   #11  
WW on-line since 1/1/2009

S/C/G: see ticker

Height: 5'5"

Sherry - My Spring break was last week, so I've already spent it! I did NOTHING, beyond taking son to see Vandy and taking a friend to the zoo for his 34th birthday. (He hadn't been since he was nine and he really wanted to go!)
Old 03-17-2003, 08:28 PM   #12  

Guess what I just got done doing??????

Wayne, Drew & I went outside and played basketball for an hour!! Also I Walked 1 Mile & did 30 minutes of "jump rope!" THEN...I came inside and did 10 sit ups.Not much but it's been so long since I've done them!!! I'll do another 10 tomorrow night, then start adding 5 a night!

The other good news is......I'm on my 3rd glass of water!!! Hey...That's VERY good for me because I NEVER drink it! I'm going to try to drink 4 tomorrow.That's my goal.

Hope everyone had a great OP day!!! Gonna take a shower now.

Hugs,
Sherry

P.S. I didn't get to wash my walls and curtains in bathroom.I ran out of time.I did clean kitchen VERY good and washed 7 loads of laundry. I'll do the bathroom tomorrow.
Old 03-18-2003, 07:18 AM   #13  
Losing it!

Good day after ST. Patricks day girls!!!

Shelley: We have our own well, so we fight rust & hard water deposits all of the time. I use a pumice stone where I can on the rust, plus lime away. For the water spots, I use plain ol' vineagar, spray it on, leave for about 20 minutes, you will be amazed!

Sounds like everyone is busy!!! We had our Spring break last week.
I must apologize for not being here, I am still trying to figure out if I'm coming or going! The weekend went well, most days we would be there by 7:00 am then not back home until after midnight. Sunday night I finally made it to bed at 3:00 am, only to be back up at 5:30 am for a 6:30 meeting! Needless to say, I am one worn out gal!!!! I have been fighting sinus for three weeks straight, now it's almost like hay fever, runny nose, sneezing.......plus my darn ears are plugged up......guess I'm falling apart!
Only one time at the show did I almost lose it! I was setting up the booth, finally one of the members showed up to help me. About thirty minutes into it, I needed something from the upper level, I needed to walk through the hospitality room to get it. THREE of my booth committee people were sitting in there enjoying free food, beer and drink as I and the other guy worked our butts off! So, we finished all of it up, worked it for the three days, with no offers to help.
I guess I learned that even if you are a member of a civic organization, that means nothing to some members when it comes to voluteering a few hours of their time. Okay...enough moaning...... THANK YOU FOR LISTENING!

Dee: How's mom?????????

Sher: Will you please come clean my house??????? I have been exhausted for the past three weeks and my house is reflecting that!!!! How cool would it be if we all could afford a maid?????

Ramona: I am thinking of your family along with so many other military familiees during this time.

Shoes: I use to LOVE shoes! But, now with kids to dress, I am lucky to get one new pair a year. Purses: I have the basics, navy blue, black, brown, if I can not match, then I have my hubby carry what I need in his pocket!
Old 03-18-2003, 12:02 PM   #14  

Howdy

I'm taking a break from washing down those bathroom walls!!! It's only 11:00 am and I'm already tired!

I'm also waiting to hear from Debbie.She took her hubby to the Dr. this morning.She took him yesterday to his regular Dr. and today to the surgeon.He has a hernia and in a lot of pain. I'm hoping that they keep him and do surgery right away.I'll let you know when I hear something.

Gayle,
You sound so tired! Please get some rest today.I'm sorry that no one offered to help you.I know what you mean though.When we had our chili dinner at School, it was like pulling teeth to get help! Spend the whole day RELAXING!! Yep....that's what I said...RELAX!! Know what that means!!!!!?????

Dee,
How's Mom today? Please post soon with an update!!

Hopefully everyone else will post today!!! I don't want to lose my MOTIVATION!!!!!!!

Has anyone heard from Lisa or Jeanne.I miss them!!

Hey Carol, Doni & Vicki......Where's your post???

Have a GREAT OP day!!!!!
Sherry
Old 03-18-2003, 04:00 PM   #15  
THINKING THIN!!!!

Hi girls

Some fine spring break this turned out to be with hubby sick. We had to go to Baptist hospital this morning to see the surgeon, I easily walked 2 miles today. That place is like a small city. James' surgery is scheduled for Thursday morning. It will just be the one day surgery, they don't keep you for much anymore. I think the surgery itself is fairly simple but very painful. He can't drive for 10 days and will be off work for 6 WEEKS!!!!

Trying to stay OP but it's not easy with so much going on. I ate Captain D's yesterday, just the fish and coleslaw.

Hope everyone is having a good week. I'll keep you posted on hubby.

Love you guys...Deb
Closed Thread