Old 04-19-2012, 10:33 PM   #1  

Default It's like I need a pacifier!

I need help! I admit it! I am hooked on mints!! I know that it is not at all part of the IP plan, but so far (I'm into my third week), I have justified it, believing that it's helping me to not make worse food choices. So far, my weigh ins have been great! I made it through the first week without one mint at all and had very little discomfort and lost 8lbs. Then, I started in with the mints the following week, and lost 4 lbs. So I know those are great WIs, but I also know that this indulgence is totally in the way of the chemistry of the plan. I just threw all the mints in the trash! Tomorrow is a new day. I think I am afraid of the sugar withdrawl, but I've gotta let my body go through it once and for all so I can get to the other side and accomplish my goals. I bought a bag of ice for work so I can chew and suck on those when I think I need it. That worked yesterday, but I was out of the office today and completely went nuts with the mints. I can do this...I really hope so!
dawnydoright is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2012, 09:18 AM   #2  

S/C/G: High-258/224.5/135

Height: 5' 4"

I had the same problem with the xylatol mints in the beginning. There are just some things I can't keep around and that is one. Funny thing is I was never a mint person before.

Try some spry gum or steviadent gum. Both are IP friendly and will keep your mouth busy. Just remember each still has carbs so you really don't want to have more than a few (3) per day. Also, mint is good at supressing hunger.

Last edited by JoesHotWife; 04-20-2012 at 01:49 PM.
JoesHotWife is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2012, 01:46 PM   #3  

Height: 5'4"

I also got into trouble with the sugar free altoids and had also never bought them or any mints prior to IP.

I decided it was the cinnamon I was craving, so I bought some organic Vietnamese cinnamon, which has a very strong taste. Sometimes I would have tastes of it instead of mints, sometimes I would put it on IP Vanilla pudding. Eventually the need did go away, and now I can control the altoids and am not having much cinnamon.

I understand that the Listerine strips are OK to use and Binaca if the problem is an odd taste in your mouth. If it is the chewing rather than the taste, the gum joeshotwife suggested sounds like a good choice for you.
infoplease is offline   Reply With Quote