Chicks in Control Overeating? Binging? Share uplifting support and gain control!

Old 04-18-2012, 06:41 PM   #1  

S/C/G: 170/*see ticker*/120

Height: 5'3

Default Anybody else go to a fastfood joint and

only order a salad?

I just went to Wendy's to pick up dinner for later tonight and ordered a salad, mind you this is only once in a while that I go. I normally order salads at restaurants and people tend to think nothing of it. Though at Wendys I was getting strange looks since I ordered just a salad and nothing else. It just felt awkward, I don't care about the stairs but they were like you come to here and order that? I normally make my own but I wanted to change things up, and decided to order the half size spicey chicken ceasar sald at 450 calories. I find their salads not half bad and so much better than their normal meals.

Anybody else do this lol or am I the weird person?
SoCalCowgirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2012, 06:46 PM   #2  

S/C/G: 218/207/155

Height: 5'7"

You're not weird at all. I often go to McDonalds or Chic-fila for salads!
mammasita is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2012, 06:50 PM   #3  

Quote:
Originally Posted by mammasita View Post
You're not weird at all. I often go to McDonalds or Chic-fila for salads!
good, I'm glad I'm not the only one
Old 04-18-2012, 06:58 PM   #4  
onedayatatimer

S/C/G: 224/ticker/145-155

Height: 5'9.5"

I think it would be weird if it wasn't part of their menu! But it is!! So, it's not weird at all. If anything, it's great that you chose the healthiest option. Good for you! I've done that in a pinch so count me as another person who would do that as well. It's called smart.
luckymommy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2012, 07:06 PM   #5  

S/C/G: 204/114/120

Height: 5'

What is weird is the reaction of the wait person.
bargoo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2012, 07:11 PM   #6  

Quote:
Originally Posted by luckymommy View Post
I think it would be weird if it wasn't part of their menu! But it is!! So, it's not weird at all. If anything, it's great that you chose the healthiest option. Good for you! I've done that in a pinch so count me as another person who would do that as well. It's called smart.
lol thankfully fast food places have started carrying healthier choices so when we do have to eat from there on the odd occasion there's something for us to choose from
Old 04-18-2012, 07:15 PM   #7  

Quote:
Originally Posted by bargoo View Post
What is weird is the reaction of the wait person.
I thought the same thing and just ignored them as I walked by
Old 04-18-2012, 07:27 PM   #8  
Chronic Pain Fighter

S/C/G: 165/?/128-132

Height: 5' 10''

I get my salads at Carl's Jr
desiresdestiny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2012, 09:15 PM   #9  
Nutritarian

S/C/G: 289/257.8/125

Height: 5'4"

Not to stomp on the "healthy" fast food alternatives but McDonald's salads have more fat than a regular hamburger. =X Most of their salads have over 15g of fat. Not to mention the sodium is anywhere from 500-700+mg
Laifierr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2012, 10:49 AM   #10  

S/C/G: 133.4/123.2/115

Quote:
Originally Posted by Laifierr View Post
Not to stomp on the "healthy" fast food alternatives but McDonald's salads have more fat than a regular hamburger. =X Most of their salads have over 15g of fat. Not to mention the sodium is anywhere from 500-700+mg
I usually ask for no meat because the chicken is the sodium culprit. In a pinch, it's absolutely a good option, though. When I'm on the road, I like the McD Southwest salad without chicken because it has beans, limes to squeeze onto your salad, and I can use just a small amount of the dressing. If I use half the packet of dressing, my meal is 200 calories, 10g fat, and 320g sodium.
Munchy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2012, 10:54 AM   #11  

S/C/G: 186/151/125

Height: 5'0

Quote:
Originally Posted by Munchy View Post
I usually ask for no meat because the chicken is the sodium culprit. In a pinch, it's absolutely a good option, though. When I'm on the road, I like the McD Southwest salad without chicken because it has beans, limes to squeeze onto your salad, and I can use just a small amount of the dressing. If I use half the packet of dressing, my meal is 200 calories, 10g fat, and 320g sodium.
I love the southwest salad! I go to school so if I don't have time to bring my lunch I will get this or the oatmeal. It's nice to have some options especially from fast food places
tinkerbell4726 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2012, 11:49 AM   #12  

Height: 5'4

I got to Chik-Fil-A and Panera Bread just for the salads... they're delicious!
JossFit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2012, 12:11 PM   #13  

S/C/G: 195/145/145

Height: 5'11"

To be honest I don't like any of the salads I've tried at fast food joints. If I'm going to order a salad at a restaurant I'd like it to be something like mixed greens with dried cranberries, candied walnuts, goat cheese and fig vinaigrette. On the extremely rare occasions I go to a fast food joint I just get a burger or breakfast sandwich.

F.
freelancemomma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2012, 12:19 PM   #14  
It is what it is...

I am with FreelanceMama, I never can like any of the salads at fast food places, the lettuce always taste weird to me, and ( warning tmi ) they always keep me running to the restroom afterwards...online says its because they spray something on the lettuce to keep it fresh longer

Carri
Satine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2012, 12:59 PM   #15  

S/C/G: 133.4/123.2/115

Quote:
Originally Posted by freelancemomma View Post
To be honest I don't like any of the salads I've tried at fast food joints. If I'm going to order a salad at a restaurant I'd like it to be something like mixed greens with dried cranberries, candied walnuts, goat cheese and fig vinaigrette. On the extremely rare occasions I go to a fast food joint I just get a burger or breakfast sandwich.

F.
They do have something like that at Wendy's - I recall because I went to FL and my friend took me to a shack restaurant where they made sandwiches only. I ordered the veggie sandwich and threw it away when I got it. Apparently they meant a condiment sandwich (crappy shredded iceberg and sad tomatoes slathered in mayo and processed cheese).

I was hungry later and didn't want to make him sit and watch me eat for long, so I stopped at Wendy's and got a pretty good salad with candied cranberries, apples, blue cheese, and pomegranate vinaigrette. Sometimes I hate vacationing because I'm away from my kitchen!

My absolute favorite chain/fast food place is Au Bon Pain because they have the 200 calorie portioned foods.

Last edited by Munchy; 04-20-2012 at 01:00 PM.
Munchy is offline   Reply With Quote