Old 04-18-2012, 03:55 PM   #1  

S/C/G: 258.4/163.6/168.4

Height: 5' 3"

Default Need Advice - what would you do?

My cousin is getting married at the end of June. I will not be anywhere near the end of phase 1 at the time of the wedding (although I am pretty excited to show off my "new body" to those who haven't seen me in a while by then!) and I really don't want to go off program. I feel badly though having them pay for 2 meals (rehearsal dinner the night before and the actual wedding dinner) when I honestly have no intention of eating them. How do I tactfully and respectfully deal with this?

I was thinking about calling my Uncle and talking to him - but is that rude?
All advice is appreciated. (It's a local wedding - so I don't have to worry about travel)
drakegirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2012, 04:00 PM   #2  

Quote:
Originally Posted by drakegirl View Post
My cousin is getting married at the end of June. I will not be anywhere near the end of phase 1 at the time of the wedding (although I am pretty excited to show off my "new body" to those who haven't seen me in a while by then!) and I really don't want to go off program. I feel badly though having them pay for 2 meals (rehearsal dinner the night before and the actual wedding dinner) when I honestly have no intention of eating them. How do I tactfully and respectfully deal with this?

All advice is appreciated. (It's a local wedding - so I don't have to worry about travel)
I don't think that's rude at all. The wedding is the focus, not what people are eating. I think if you explain to your uncle that you are having great success with a very particular diet, he should understand. Do you know what the menus will be? Will there be anything that you can eat? You may be able to eat (some) of them.
Andie0606 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2012, 04:14 PM   #3  

S/C/G: 187.6/164.2/135

Height: 5'4"

Do you know what they are planning on serving? What happens if they offer grilled chicken and veggies. You may be able to eat that.
becca1978 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2012, 04:15 PM   #4  

S/C/G: 294.6/see ticker/145

Height: 5'5"

Quote:
Originally Posted by drakegirl View Post

I went to a wedding not long after i started and at the reception, i spoke to the person in charge of food and told them i had food allergy and told them to just give me the meat and veggies plain (told them to just give me broccoli and nothing else as that was the only veggie they had that was ok). I also had a back up 2c. veggies and a shake in my purse just in case. Nobody minded.
Busymomx4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2012, 06:36 PM   #5  

S/C/G: 164/161.8/145

I'm guessing there will be something you can eat bc when they plan the menu they probably take into consideration that some of the guests may want more basic, unadorned protein w/ veggies. Plus the idea above is on target - just ask the server to bring you something simple. They usually are just fine with that.

Personally and this is just my opinion, but you did ask; If it was me, I would not ask my uncle or anyone in the family to do anything special for me - they have enough to think about right now.

Stay OP and be gracious, not incur more work for your uncle.

Have a lovely time (and stay OP)!

Last edited by Chloe222; 04-18-2012 at 06:43 PM.
Chloe222 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2012, 06:42 PM   #6  

S/C/G: 213/205/130

Height: 5-3 3/4

I would ask the server like suggested above. They don't mind or ask for a vegetarian meal and eat what is allowed. Ask them to put butter or sauces on the side so you can add your sea salt.

You could also bring some chicken cut up in a little container and add to your veggies. I don't think anyone would notice....or you may share your IP program with someone who really needs it but has never heard of it.
Jewelrydiva is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2012, 06:46 PM   #7  

S/C/G: 279.8/see ticker/155

Height: 5'6''

One of my best friends is getting married in June and I am in her wedding. I won't be anywhere near finished with P1 by then either. I don't feel guilty at all about the food...I'm going to eat what I can and not worry about it. I did worry about seeming rude, but I talked to her before I started IP and explained that it meant that for her shower, bach party (esp the no alcohol) and wedding I'd be really restricted and she was fine with it. She said she would never want anything in her life to hold me back from reaching one of my goals. I'm sure your cousin feels the same and I'm sure is thrilled at your success and would want to be supportive in every way. Let's compare notes after the June weddings!
LSJ100 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2012, 06:53 PM   #8  

S/C/G: 258.4/163.6/168.4

Height: 5' 3"

Thanks everyone!!
drakegirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2012, 12:52 AM   #9  

S/C/G: 227.4/187/159

when the day comes, just do the best you can and live life and most of all have fun
ProteinGal is offline   Reply With Quote